Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Thank you for filling in.
Speaker 1: This is Coveno and Rich.
Speaker 3: Oh past the gravy, No problem, Dan Patrick, our pleasure. Maybe this is a new tradition. Rich, we fill in every Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: I'm good.
Speaker 3: It's the Lions, the Cowboys and Covino and Rich a great DP every year since twenty twenty two. I think we did it last year too, No, I think so. Yeah, good again. I'm Steve Covino. I'm live from Idaho right now again, visiting my girlfriend's family for the holidays. And Rich is on the West Side, live from LA The whole team is here. Perfet on the ones and two is playing the xylophones. Is Prefet. We got super producer Danny g at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. Shout out to Nick Cope, Shout out to the dan Nets and everybody. Happy Thanksgiving. We're live from Mercedes Benz Studio. The vehicles are all electric, the feeling is all Mercedes. Learn more at nbusa dot com slash eqs. So we're gonna old school when fifty hits this hour, we're throwing it back to the story about Hall and Oates and we're gonna talk about falling outs. But the best story. I love this Coach Pop story rich, I really do, because the more I read the feedback, the more divisive and divisive I find it to be. And we might have to add this to the list of things not to bring up during Thanksgiving dinner today because that old school family member of yours is gonna say fans by Uncle Bart is gonna say fans.
Speaker 4: Buy tickets to a game, they could do whatever they want. Coach Pop shut your mouth right now.
Speaker 3: And then there's gonna be that younger guy who's gonna say something like, well, it could be triggering to the fans, and the coach Pop made a great.
Speaker 4: Point, Uncle start, Yeah, it's it's divisive. It's divisive if you don't know what we're talking about. One last time, prefet played the clip if you don't mind of Popovich last night telling the fans to simm A down Kawhi were eight points tonight, three or five from the floor. It is only excuse me for a second, Pops on the mico.
Speaker 5: Let these guys plays all the last It's not who we are, knock off the booe.
Speaker 4: Pop telling the fans to lay off Kawhi Leonard. But that's not san Antonio.
Speaker 3: Now, let's figure this all out together Fox Sports Radio. We have our opinions, want to hear yours. Let's come to a conclusion. Eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. Hit us up at Covino and Rich because here's some nuggets to think about. Okay, I don't mean Denver nuggets, oh those little nuggets of fun and factual information. Because you know, you see him take the mic and he's saying stop the booing, and you're like, well, well, why that's what we do. We boo the opposing players in fun and some are still angry that Kawhi left and all that stuff.
Speaker 4: That's why I love with them. I thought he was gonna pull a ravishing Rick route. For a second. I thought he'd be like, stop the music, what I'd like to have right now? And I was like, what does pop do?
Speaker 3: That would have been great and your fantasy come true.
Speaker 4: It's all you, san Antonio, sweathogs to simmer down. Well, I showed the ladies what a real sexy man looks like. I thought he was gonna pull a ravishing work rude, But.
Speaker 3: They continue to do a little louder in that moment, and then they asked Popovich at the end of the game, well, what was going on? And you do see him embrace Kawhi because they have a relationship, so they embrace, they talk. He speaks to the press and he says, look, don't poke the bear.
Speaker 4: You don't poke the bear.
Speaker 3: And if you don't like it, you have to also realize though, well that makes sense, right, because the booing's going to be counterproductive if now you're waking the sleeping giant known as Kawhi Leonard, because he did score eighteen points after that, he scored eighteen of his twenty six. So the booing, Look, who knows Kawhi and how he operates better than Popovitch? Right, so he knows, well, we're better than this and we're classy, and that's what he said.
Speaker 4: But he also knows that.
Speaker 3: If you boo Kwhi Leonard, you're just gonna get under his skin and he's gonna beat us.
Speaker 4: Essentially, So again he went on a tear after that.
Speaker 3: So if it was for the betterment of his team, do you now see it differently? Because rich to feedback is so back and forth. Tom Brady, one of the first people I saw. Tom Brady said love this, love this, and I did too. I wasn't sure why. I just thought it was great. Rachel Nichol says, only pop could do this. That's my point, dude, I said only Popovich.
Speaker 4: I said, there are maybe five coaches in all of sports that have the authority and the respect of the whole fan base. And for what Popovich has done for the San Antonio Spurs in South Texas, I mean, I'm not saying you have to agree with him, but no one's gonna I don't think no one's gonna come at coach Pop on this one.
Speaker 3: And then a lot of fans Patrick Bette David says, stop booing in sports. Knock it off with this pansy type of stuff. Yeah his sports. Another fan says, uh a man, man, they paid to get their ticket. They could boo all they want. I would boo more.
Speaker 4: Someone told me to stop booing at a sporting event.
Speaker 3: And other fans are saying they just want them back in San Antonio.
Speaker 4: They just want Kawhi back. So look, this is back and forth. But you know what, hold on the person that does say Cavino, I got my ticket. That's the person that that's the person that also has that dumb mentality of like customers always right, Like you and I worked before before Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: You don't know you're doing anything wrong by booing the opposing team.
Speaker 4: No, I know, but I'm saying it's like, uh, Kavino and I before Fox Sports Radio, we worked for years at Serious six them as a show, and there would always be those people that would would tell you, like, you know, I pay your salary because they subscribe.
Speaker 5: To Serious subscriber. Yeah, yeah, I'm your guys boss, your boss.
Speaker 4: And it's like, in my mind, I'm like, it doesn't work that way. The same way because you buy a ticket doesn't mean like you earn the to do everything, but you could boo. I'm not talking out of both sides my mouth. I'm just saying I don't like the type of person. It's okay because you could see both sides of the corn.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Rich, you need to tighten up your brakes on the pop channel a little bit.
Speaker 4: Just a little bit. I know you're my boss, you're a subscriber. That's funny, and dang's right about that. What's up? Spot?
Speaker 6: We talked earlier this week on Coveno and Rich in the afternoon about the Monday night football game. Was it Valdez scantling. Yeah, how we were saying, our fans too hard on the players when they mess up. Why do we have that we don't have this right, It's an entitlement. There is an entitlement that we do have to well.
Speaker 3: We also speculated on the twenty five eight news cycle, which is social media. It's like, you get it, you're bad that he lost the game, but you know, there's got to be a point where you lay off the guy a little bit.
Speaker 4: Your thoughts at Covin and Rich and of course eight seven, seven, nine nine on Fox. That's a good story this morning, Popovich telling the crowd simmer down.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh and by the way, Covino, you need to play more Incubus on your channel.
Speaker 4: Thanks. If not, Danny will be unhappy. He is your boss at all. I mean, yeah, he pays he pays our salaries, he pays the bills. By the way, if you were curious, the result of that game, Clippers did win one oh nine, one oh two, So maybe coach pop was onto something right.
Speaker 3: So that's the other part of the story, Like you could have your feelings of it's a sporting event.
Speaker 4: How soft are we? Relax? You could boo.
Speaker 3: But if coach pops thinking was I'm trying to win this game and you guys are getting in the way of that, doesn't that change things a little bit?
Speaker 4: Don't poke the bear? Why why put up twenty six? Wemby put up eighty after that though, yeah, eighteen after the little outburst. Hey, you know what the fun story in the NBA and of course a lot of good football today.
Speaker 3: We're gonna go over a parlay that I think is money, baby money.
Speaker 4: But I have a question for you, Kevin. I just just popped in my head.
Speaker 3: Well, you also posed a question before and he never gave the answer. Coach popped this coach popped in my head. Yeah, what do you got to cove? No, you post a question, bozo.
Speaker 4: Trivia? Question? A question of trivia? Oh yeah, the one team, the one team that never played on Thanksgiving Day. You know, there's a lot of people on the edge of their seat who didn't get out of their car yet, and the apple pie is getting cold, and they're waiting for you to tell them what the answer was. Rich, don't google it, he said, don't google the answer. He has to google the question. Remember what it was?
Speaker 3: Like, what the hell is this guy talking about these seeds of people waiting?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 4: Nick Cope immediately knew. I saw him jump out of the seat, like, Nick, who's doing the update across the lands? What's up? Nick? Can we put on?
Speaker 3: Nick?
Speaker 7: Mike?
Speaker 4: What's somebody happy? Thanksgiving? By the way, Thanksgiving to you guy.
Speaker 3: Nick's a big Ninersand like I am, so you got shared on. You got to wait all day?
Speaker 4: Oh man, that's gonna be nice though out here on the West Coast that it's like a dinner time game after dinner because you have Thanksgiving early usually, so five point twenty out here on the West coast Turkey sandwich game? Now, am I wrong by saying the last time I Narna's played might have been that hardball ball?
Speaker 8: Yes, I believe so whatever that was like ten to eleven, twelve years ago or something.
Speaker 4: But they played tonight. Now, what is the one team that has never played?
Speaker 8: It kind of makes sense that they haven't played on Thanksgiving considering we shipped them across the pond all the time.
Speaker 4: The Jacksonville Jaguar correct a Mundo. Nick Cope everybody, thank you next. So they're the ONAG team that hasn't played on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: Yeahs British, they're half British. They don't believe in that they're half British. And you know, Nick's right, there's two factors. They're one of the newer franchises when the big picture, so that's one and two.
Speaker 4: You're right. They are always shipped wherever we need to send a international game. So the Jags have afforded themselves Thanksgiving off every year. And they're really not a marquee team that you would want to throw on a holiday. They're doing it now, but historically not a marquee team. All right, Rando, question for you, buddy boy.
Speaker 3: Now it's an interesting one because I saw this happen and it made me laugh.
Speaker 4: Have you ever I'm gonna paint this scenario and you tell me if you think this is legit or not. It has to do with planning a trip around the sporting event.
Speaker 3: And not bamboozling anyone, but sort of burying the lead.
Speaker 4: You know, sometimes when you bury the lead, some people get mad and some people don't even realize you're burying the lead. My buddy Nicole, who I worked with for years in New York. She's in the Bahamas for Thanksgiving week and I was like, sipping on caliques.
Speaker 3: I was like, must be nice, must be nice, And I go, what had that come about? She's like, oh my god. My husband surprised me and he said we're going to the Bahamas for a week.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, oh, that's badass. You know, going away for thanks having weeks sounds pretty damn cool to me. Yeah, We're going to the Atlantis and the Bahamas. I'm like, that place is sick. Look at you. She's going to the cove but going down that water slide with the sharks in it. But here's the funny part. The part of the story her husband buried was Oh yeah, by the way, the real reason we want to go is because he's a huge and North Carolina fan. They're playing that college basketball Atlantis tournaments, so they're watching basketball games while they're there. Oh wow, So still on vacation to the Bahamas. But do you need you Is it okay to bury the lead on something like that, like, honey, we're going to Vegas. One of your tricks.
Speaker 3: That's sort of one of Rich's tricks where ritual, pretend that he wants to spend quality time with his wife. Meanwhile, his team is off that night. It's a good trick, Danny.
Speaker 4: You're the lead. Your wife's a Raiders fan with you, which is sort of the bond you have. Correct, Yeah, her entire family. Yeah, which makes it nice, makes it easy. But what if she wasn't and you're like, babe, we're going to Vegas and she's think, oh my god, her romantic weekend in Vegas And you're like, yeah, yeah, ever go on the Raiders gip can you can you bury the sports into a vacation with the wife if she's not a big fan, I mean, cause it's still a trip, right. If she's not a.
Speaker 5: Big sports fan, then you gotta kind of split things up and make sure that you do some things that she likes first, and then you're like, okay, now we're on the way to the stadium or arena.
Speaker 3: I get it rich bearing the lead, and that's the real reason. So it does take away a little bit from the gesture, but it's a win win, that's how you gotta look at It's a win win for both people here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought that too. I just thought I thought it was funny though, because at first it was I'm going to the Bahamas for Thanksgiving week. I'm like, oh, Nicole, that's great, and then she's like, oh, yeah, Matt, I didn't know there was a there was a big basketball tournament at the Atlantis in North Carolina's playing and that's why we're going. And I'm like, you know what, still a free trip. But I think I think people are good at doing that. Men and women both do that where they will throw out a fun idea and it turns out like we're only doing this because of blank if it's still fun, Do you care for the reasons for something else?
Speaker 3: Honey, I got you a big screen TV for Christmas. Really it's just for you to watch football a lot. I guess, yeah, oh thanks, you know, for the family and so you can watch selling sunset, but really just for your Sunday and Thanksgiving football.
Speaker 4: Correct, So I just forget I throw it out there just I feel like every guy has done that one time or another, where yo, dude, flip the shoe. That's the saying I made up.
Speaker 3: Flip the shoe script, put the shoe, the flip the shoe right if your wife or girlfriend whoever came to you and said the opposite, and they're gonna take you somewhere, but they have like I don't know, some girl, some woman's thing to do.
Speaker 4: My answer would be absolutely want it at all. I'm still on this free trip.
Speaker 3: But still, well, then tell your friend Nicole that she's over complicating it. Like I get that he buried the lead, but the fact is she's still going.
Speaker 4: To the Bahamas. Like, imagine, what didn't they just have a what was the women thing? Uh? Didn't they have Bravo Khan? I feel like I saw that on social media, like, well, where was Bravo Khan, Bravoka, you were there? Please? I think then like you didn't go Andy coen fum Finger. All right, let's say brav Let's say Bravo.
Speaker 3: Kan was in Miami, I don't know, like a sweet destination, right, yeah, And and your wife's like, we're going to Bravo I mean, we're going to Miami. You think I'm gonna be mad because she's going to Bravo Kan.
Speaker 4: So that's how you got to look at it. I think it's still fun regardless exactly, and that's how it has to be viewed period. I'm just saying that. It's funny because men and women both do it where sometimes you bury the lead and then the Bravo con is a funny example. Let's say it was in Miami and your wife said, yeah, we're going away with another couple South Beach for the weekend. You'd say, oh, sweet, I'm in let's do it, and then you find out because she's going to Bravo kan.
Speaker 3: Would you really beat disappointed? I wouldn't care because you don't have to be involved. I wouldn't care at all.
Speaker 4: But then again, what if you had to go to Bravo konh. Yeah that's true. I guess that does change a little bit. But just an interesting thought. I was like, I was like, oh that because I remember her telling me I'm going to the Bahamas for Thanksgiving week and then I see on her social media sitting at a UNC game and I'm like, oh that's why.
Speaker 3: All right, cool, Now I have a question for you, buddy boy. You know we were just talking coach Pop and how he grabbed the mic.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm sorry, I have a follow up about the vacation stuff. Go ahead, all right, go ahead. When I was when I was a younger man, when I was a younger man. I'll be honest, this is one of you know when you look back at an old relationship and there's moments where you know, like, yo, this person's not right for me. We all know that, right, Like you could be like, yeah, that was a good sign that she sort of stunk. Let me ask Nick Cope, the update guy, this because he's a nine Ers fan. Stank stunk, stink, stink stunk. You know, her relationship is bad sometimes. I remember I was with an X and we were taking and this wasn't a plan thing. We were down in Florida. We did a little Disney type of little couple's weekend, and it just so happened that the forty nine Ers played the Bucks in a playoff game. And it's not that bad of a drive.
Speaker 3: And I propose, like, hey, we'll go to Disney these couple of days, and I got tickets for the forty nine Ers Bucks playoff game. She put up such a stink and we didn't go. And I remember thinking it's a bad woman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh come on. I mean, if you're somewhere and something like that pops out, I only know one side of the story. What did you do did you do? Tweetled dumb no, But I was like, I was like, hey, we're gonna have plenty of time in Disney on our trip, but like, hey, this one day, let's dip away, drive to Tampa and check out the Niners game.
Speaker 3: She's like, that's not part of our vacation. Didn't she catch you flirting with snow White or something? But I just the Niners got the Niners got crushed.
Speaker 4: By the way. That was the year I believe the bus went on to win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was right after the crazy playoff game against the Giants.
Speaker 4: The Giants, yes, the comeback and uh. I just remember being like wow, She's like, doesn't care at all that I was able to acquire the tickets if I want to play, And then she's like no, I'm like, wow, she doesn't care about what I care about. Done.
Speaker 3: Sounds like you didn't care about what she cared about. Well, let's go to your phone calls. A lot of people still calling about coach Pop. Could you know so you want to double quickly? Oh yeah, I want to actually add to the story real quick and get to the phone calls.
Speaker 4: At eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox.
Speaker 3: We're gonna talk more about it later, but we did talk about it on our show earlier this week how Brady was saying that the NFL is a little soft now. And I know there's an update to that story, but maybe this is adding to that soft culture that we are sort of living in, and that's why some old school guys don't necessarily vibe with what Pop was doing yesterday. So again we see two stories this week that make you say, hmm, is it softer or is it actually just him manning up in this moment.
Speaker 4: I mean, again, you said the Brady thing that we're gonna get to later. But Spot pointed out a couple of minutes ago when Valdez scantly missed that you know, it was a tough catch, but he missed the game winner, and Tyreek Hill was quick to be like, you guys, it's not as easy as you speaker right lay off of his like other guys in the league were coming to his defense. So it is interesting, Greg and Dallas will start with you could he know rich in for the great Dan Patrick comes up. Greg, Well, first of all.
Speaker 2: I remember Sam Watch getting on the mic and just Nanny saying quit booing not Cleveland, which was kind of funny.
Speaker 4: You know, Greg hold on, Greg hold On second, Danny G pulled that clip, So let's reminisce together. Take a listen to Sam watch back in the day.
Speaker 7: Well, the next person that sees anybody funny take on this field, point them out.
Speaker 4: But get him out of here. You don't let in Cleveland. You don't live in Cleveland, was what won the crown over. Right, you don't live in Cleveland.
Speaker 3: December thirty nine, Bengals fans were pelting the rest with snowballs, right, Danny G.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought that was the funniest thing when I was a kid. They were upset at the refs. They were throwing snowballs at him, and then of course a great old Samwich rest in piece. He grabbed the stadium pa microphone.
Speaker 9: That was missing from the Pop Pop thing. He just said, we're not in Houston here, Yeah, We're not in Dallas.
Speaker 2: San Antonio and Dallas match little rivalry. Yeah, but regardless, you know, Pop's got the right to do that, Okay, And if I bought a ticket, I've got the right to go. I'm going to ignore you. And if the Spurs don't like it, they can kick me out, refund my money. It's just the way it goes, you know. And and and ka, why is making what half a million dollars to get booed? I mean, I think that's a pretty cool life.
Speaker 3: You know, it is a pretty cool It is a pretty cool way a boo. And difference between uh, going below the belt.
Speaker 4: They're not malice here, right Like.
Speaker 3: Booing that's like that goes back to when people at to sporting events and trench coats and top hats.
Speaker 4: I think you're gonna get give you the comdo do you know the history of booing?
Speaker 3: It just goes back to the probably theo.
Speaker 4: I'll give you the answer coming out, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But it's one thing to boot somebody, another thing to talk about their mama.
Speaker 4: Right, So look he was poking the bear. That's the other thing, kunking the bear. Nathan, you're on in Tennessee. What's up, Nate, Nate the Great?
Speaker 7: Love the show?
Speaker 4: Thanks man.
Speaker 7: I think people are just tired of Papovich and like guys like Steve Kirk telling you what to do and what to think.
Speaker 2: They should just coach basketball and call it a day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some listen, that's it. That's a sentiment. I don't necessarily agree. I mean, you're not a fan of it, but there are a lot of people that are like, Yo, dude, stop telling me about this, Stop telling me about your issues, Stop grabbing the mic. Coach. I don't say I do agree with that, But Nathan, you share the sentiment of a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Coaches, you know, a big screen tells you what to do. It tells you to make some noise.
Speaker 4: That's true. Make the coaches like the head figure of the team. Nothing necessarily the face, but the head figure to the dad. Well, Hey, we got more cn R in for Dan Patrick coming up right here on Fox Sports Radio. Hang tight, Happy Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best shorts talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 4: Hey, what's up everybody?
Speaker 10: It's me three time pro bowler LeVar Arrington and I couldn't be more excited to announce a podcast called Up on Game?
Speaker 4: What is up on Game?
Speaker 10: You ass along with my fellow pro bowler TJ. Huschman Zada and Super Bowl champion Yup. That's right, Plexico Burds. You can only name a show with that type of talent on it. Up on Game We're going to be sharing our real life experiences loaded with teachable moments. Listen to Up on Game with me LeVar Arrington, TJ. Huschman Zada and Plexico.
Speaker 11: Birds on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts from.
Speaker 3: Covino and rich and for Dan Patrick, Happy Thanksgiving, Thankful here, Thankful for you, Thankful for all the feedback at Covino and Rich a seven seven ninety nine on Fox. If you dig our show, Hey, we're on Monday through Friday two pm on the West, five pm on the East. That's uh what three pm out here in Idaho.
Speaker 4: I'm in Idaho right now, everybody else in Los Angeles. But are you doing that time zone math that parents are terrible at. Yeah, well it's an hour ahead here. I just realize that now. I just realized Mountain time. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, We're live from Mercedes Benz Studios and again, Happy Thanksgiving, Potato time in Idaho, Potato time.
Speaker 4: Popovich, fun story, Thanksgiving football. We got three games. Now. I have to ask when it comes to wagering in gambling. I gotta throw this at you, and I need you to tell me where could this possibly go wrong? Yeah? I love to play this game of where could my parlay go wrong? But let's take one last phone call about the Popovich stuff from Brad in North Carolina. Brad, you're on with Kevin on Wretch Buddy.
Speaker 7: Hey, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 4: Guys, problem me, what's up?
Speaker 7: Well, I'll tell you. You know, sports, that's the thing that really saved my life. I actually I had my own gang when I was twelve, and I wanted to play baseball, but I had to live by the code. And that's something that I think we've lost, is that code of ethics. And so I know I'm the old head here, but you know, too much of our lives right now are run by mob mentality. And I actually appreciate I don't know, I don't like Bob, but I like what he did because it shows that somebody is willing to step up and be willing to be criticized for standing up for some like a code of honored Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, regardless, it was a classy move saying we're better than that. There's nothing wrong with trying to be better and he was right at the beginning, middle, end, end of the day where he knows Kawhi enough to say, you're getting under his skin and he's gonna beat us if you continue to do this. And he turned it on after that, so he was right about it. Look, it's a push, whether you like it or not. And that's why it's a tough story and a tough debate. It's a push because he has the right. He's earned the right. He's Popovich, He's won there, he's a legend. He has the right to grab the mic and say that, but the fans still have the right to boo. It's like, hey, rich, you have the right to go to a newdie bar on a guy's trip, but your wife also has the right to be a little annoyed by that.
Speaker 4: And I have the I have the right. I have the right not to tell her no, no, no, but friend and bring it up. It's a push, is the point. That's what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, there's no one right or in this in this scenario, because really pop was right king do the bear, and that's really what he was getting at.
Speaker 4: Listen, we live in a world where and I get it because We do this every day and we have fun with it. We live in a world where you're gonna get the best results with an opinionated hot take, and you run with it. But this story doesn't require it doesn't require a hot take. I don't adamantly have to think one thing or the other. You're absolutely right. Popovich has earned the right to do that, one of the few people that has garnered the respect to do it.
Speaker 3: But it's the per's an interesting one. Our caller brought up Step Kerr. I would say he does. Absolutely, He's on that level too, and we left him out, you know, Belichick, Popovich Kerr. Yeah, like I said, Joe Torri, you mentioned Holor back in the day, the resort of the respect he had from Yankees fans.
Speaker 4: But yeah, no, they had the respect. But at the same time, you as a fan, go there, you camboo. You can't yell dumb, race, terrible, rude, you know, wrong things right exactly. Well, here's here's what pop had to say about not poking the bear.
Speaker 7: Well, I think anybody that knows anything about sports you don't poke the bear.
Speaker 4: I just I just told you why I did it.
Speaker 7: What can you clarify that though.
Speaker 4: What I spoke English. I just told you.
Speaker 7: Anybody that knows anything about sports knows you don't poke the bear.
Speaker 4: That's my answer is every is that reporter like a dope? Like what doesn't he get? Can you elaborate? Yeah, Kawhy is a good player. Don't poke the bet? Like does he need the the the phrase don't poke the bear explained.
Speaker 3: Maybe they're confused. They're like refrigerator Perry, who who do you speak? Don't put justin fields? Don't what bear? What yogi?
Speaker 4: What a go on? Don't pop the bear? Does he mean? I don't know.
Speaker 3: He made it very clear he was agitated by the whole thing. But a great in a fun debate or maybe when you avoid on Thanksgiving?
Speaker 4: Well, we got Tom Brady news. We're gonna get to believe it or not. Haul of notes in the news and a deep thought about Travis Kelcey and Danny g being that we're filling in for Damn Patrick. Do I have to put money in the jar if I say his girlfriend's name? Oh you sure do?
Speaker 5: Damn that jar, that punished jar follows you everywhere?
Speaker 4: Damn it? Okay, buy that for a job.
Speaker 6: I thought it applied also to Travis Kelsey.
Speaker 4: It does so the dollar dollar for you buy that for a job.
Speaker 3: By the way, IOU's are not just as good as money, So you better start bringing you know, those singles he used on our guys trip.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: You need to I don't know if you have any left, but you need to bring those singles to the office.
Speaker 4: By the way, not to I'm just saying allegedly. Let's just say when we were in Denver, I visited an adult establishment. You have the right what is it called? Hold on? I got to look it up now, is it Shotgun Willie's? Does that sounds right? Shotgun Willies?
Speaker 3: You know why because coincidentally I saw those matchbooks all over the airbnb we had.
Speaker 4: Some time on the way. You're talking about again, Shotgun Willies. Let's just say we got a ride home after the night of fun. The manager of the place said that they actually got positive press out of that was the place, out of your appearance, out of me being made. That was the place John Morant waved the gun. Did you know that? It was just called Willie's First? Right? All right? But not sound like a Thanksgiving Day per by the the talent not bad so shotgun Willies. That was the place where John Morant waved the gun and I go, yeah, did that give you guys you know? Was that not good? And they go no, it was like it was good press. I'm like, good press. Did ja Moran waved the gun here? And what scenario was rich that he was talking to the manager of this place. He talks to everybody. I talked to everybody, fought, I talked to everybody. Yeah, you surprised by this. But John Morant apparently will be very well prepared. Danny g to say, either Travis Kelcey or Taylor Swift's name, not two dollars apparently, buy that for a dollar. The rumor is the night he was waving that gun around in the strip club, he asked for thirty thousand dollars in singles. That's a lot of singles, thirty thousand. I don't think banks keep that much. I was like, I guess, I guess an adult establishment like that has to keep that on standby in case that you have a baller come in. But thirty thousand dollars in singles was the rumor. So we went to the ATM five thousand times.
Speaker 3: I don't know how we got here, but uh, and it was a squirt gun, right, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: I don't know how he got here. How do we get here?
Speaker 3: Comno, how do we how do we get to talking about Chuck Unwillies?
Speaker 4: Does it matter?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 4: We're talking about the dollar jar? Yeah, the dollar jar. Oh, the dollar jar. We do have a Travis Kelcey story I want to get to. I want to get the game job. I want to get to this Tom Brady story. Gonna be broke by the end of the day. But I want to play a quick round of where could this parlay go wrong?
Speaker 3: Because there's three games today. If you have to ask, and this is this is you know again.
Speaker 4: I want to firmly tell you my stance because I think that this is a no fail parlay. But you could tell me Rich, here's where it goes wrong, and that's where we get interactive with you. At eight, seven, seven, nine nine on Fox, the Three Favorites Today money line parlay and why not the Lions at home against the Packers, Cowboys at home against the Commanders, and the Niners at Seattle. If you take the Lions, Cowboys, Niners in a three team money line parlay. Don't worry about covering some of these touchdown plus point spreads.
Speaker 3: Where does that go wrong? Feel free to let me know what you think, because right now I'm thinking.
Speaker 4: So money line parlay, Lions, Cowboys, Niners. Yeah, and listen, I don't want to be too much of a Niners homer, but I can't see that's the one where it's like, Oh, it's in Seattle, Niners on the road playing. Gino's playing, but he's a little banged up. I just think the Niners the last two weeks look hot. So I don't think like the Niners are slumping anymore. They're healthy.
Speaker 5: What's the line on that game right now?
Speaker 4: Seven? Nine Ers by seven? The first game is Lions by eight and a half of the Packers they were at home. Say that's your answer, though, that would be the only one in question.
Speaker 3: That seems the Packers are something.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying they're hanging around, but they're four and six. They're not awful, and Jordan Love has showing signs of like he's decent, but then other times they look like trash. So I don't know, profet your Lion's got. You can't see your team losing today right by all accounts and metrics.
Speaker 9: And my friend Jeremy, who I do a podcast with, who likes to really crunch numbers, He's of the opinion that the Packers are actually worse than the Bears as far as efficiency in lat facebook game. So I think, if I'm gonna be honest, anywhere it might break, it might be the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: The Commanders have played the Eagles tough, The Commanders have played some good teams tough.
Speaker 9: It's a divisional game for them. Like we know the Cowboys defense is really good, and they've been on fire for a couple of games. But you remember, like earlier in the season, they had those games where it's like coming off that forty zero and the Giants and suddenly they're stumbling and bumbling. Yeah, and they can rear that ugly headed And I know they were playing from behind a lot. But what do we learn the other day, Danny on our show when we did some trivia, Sam Howell has more passing yards than anyone else in the NFL right now. For that reason, Nick Cope are are update guru Niners fan. Where does this parlay go wrong? If you did money line with the favorites today.
Speaker 8: I do tend to lean with with our team, honestly, just because they're on the road.
Speaker 4: It is a divisional game.
Speaker 8: Seahawks are desperate, they took a bad loss last weekend uh night game. I don't know, I just that's the one. I still feel very confident in it. I think I feel good about our team as well. But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they just struggled a little bit, the Seahawks, you know, they.
Speaker 4: It's the toughest battle too, So I actually agree with nicope. And if I lose money, I'm eating leftovers all week anyway, right, I mean, so that's the fun. That's the fun. That's fun. So I'm locking it in. You could use our code at DraftKings anytime. By the way, see our show at DraftKings Sportsbook. I'm going Lions, Cowboys, Niners moneyline parlay. It sot of pays even money because you're giving a lot of points. But I mean, just have a little fun in on the action. Maybe I'll do some player props as well. On the you guys are down with But Lions eight and a half point favorites, Dallas thirteen and a half and nine or seven seven and a half, depending on where you're looking. But I like a moneyline parlay, just all the favorites. All right, we got more CNR in for Dan Patrick and we're gonna go old school next right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: Covino and rich In for Dan Patrick. Happy Thanksgiving live from Idaho. Shout out to Fox Sports boys. He ninety nine point nine and of course Rich Davis live from New City's been studios in Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: What up Man? What up?
Speaker 3: Buddy? Covino and rich What a duo? Huh, We're like the Hall of Oates of radio.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 4: I hope not, because there's an update in the world of hollodoats. You're gonna get to about it in a few seconds. By the way, if you're hosting Thanksgiving, God bless you. Guess my wife and I are, and I know the then I get home, I'm going to walk into a kitchen of disarray stuffing my favorite I don't know about you. Oh, I got that turkey Brian for the last couple of days.
Speaker 3: But the turkey ass is the best part turkey, as everybody knows that it's true. So I want to start thinking about thinking about the food, thinking about the fixings, thinking about Sanna coming right.
Speaker 4: Is the prey down now or no? Yeah dude, yes it's that now.
Speaker 3: Enjoy the parade, Enjoy your fixings, Enjoy your friends and family, your hometown.
Speaker 4: Last night, biggest party night of the year is by the way, is my wife the only person that someone could bring a beautiful bowl of homemade cranberry sauce?
Speaker 6: Where you're going with that, California after a beautiful.
Speaker 4: Bowl that you could smoke out of, though I thought it was part of your tradition, the old waiting bacon, the old bowl, the old thanks Ging waking bake. Now that's not my style. But someone could bring a beautiful bowl of homemade cranberry sauce. And my wife wants the cranberry sauce that shaped like a can, that looks like dogs absolute in her face, she'll slice Spot. I don't believe trash behavior. You know I'm being serious. Spot and I have shared many a Thanksgiving together at each other's homes and stuff, and Spot is the type that makes like a fresh, nice cranberry sauce. He was orange juice, Yeah, orange peel, so the cinnamon stick prefet He was insulted at my wife's like no thanks, and she opens a can and slices like dog food. Yeah, I'd be insulted too, right. So if your wife or a husband is like my wife, you're not alone. Will serve the turkey out of a can? Oh man, she grew up on those little hostess pies.
Speaker 1: Damn. Oh.
Speaker 4: By the way, I have to promise, I have to follow through with all my promises today the history of booing, look.
Speaker 3: At the.
Speaker 7: God.
Speaker 4: What we gonna do is go back, go back into town.
Speaker 1: Throwing it back for a Thursday old school when fifty hits at fifty after cn R give you the time capsule topic and we reminisce together.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: By the way, the history of booing just got an update. It all stopped on the Sphracle Day.
Speaker 3: The biggest party night of the year now in twenty twenty three, when Coach pops at no Mall.
Speaker 4: The days was November second, twenty twenty three, when won Gregory popovin shit exactly. But by the way, the history booy I gotta tell you from door by well, people have expressed their displeasure since ancient times. The English word boo comes from the low sound that sounds similar to a cow's move, and in the late eighteen hundreds at theaters when people did it, when people didn't like the performance, would they would cry with a woo. That's why I bow like that. When I'm at the game, I appreciate everyone's moving.
Speaker 3: If you missed us talking about the whole popitch thing and man Thanksgiving effects, catch it on the podcast now on our regular show Monday through Friday, two pm on the West Kadino on Rich Every Thursday, we throw it back on a Thursday, old school. When fifty hits, when fifty hits in like when fifty hits on the clock, time to reminisce a little bit, and just so happens that a dynamic duo we grew up with, eighties icons, eighties legends, Hall of Notes are in the news this week and.
Speaker 4: It's not good.
Speaker 3: And it's a shame really, because man, where they magical. I don't think Hall of Notes gets enough credit for how many amazing songs they have that were part of our childhood.
Speaker 5: Still think they're black.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say they got missed. They got so how much soul like they were the most one of the most misleading groups of the eighties because you didn't expect them to look that way.
Speaker 4: You know, Daryl Hall.
Speaker 3: Has so much soul that when you see like, that's the guy, and then John Oates looks like Bob ab Booie and together they were magic. Now here's the side, little nugget rich that you might not know. You always look at John Oates as like the uh, little guy with the mustaches playing the bass, going.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But he did co write a lot of those songs, so they really were a duo. He wrote a lot of those songs.
Speaker 3: But now, as of this week, Daryl Hall filed a lawsuit against John Oates breach of contract and Darrel Hall actually filed for a restraining order. He got the restraining order on John Oates, and there's like a lot of speculation as to why. And I think part of the reason is because John Oates is performing their songs like on the road, doing his own thing by himself.
Speaker 4: Do you tell me there's a restraining odor like Hall and Oates can't be in the same room. I guess I think Darryl Hall, I don't know. But it's a sad story that there's so many things. I think, first of all, I think about the two thousands when you and I first started working together. Yeah, Hall and Oates came up and we asked one of our old interns, hey, can you can you call up a couple of Hall and Oats song And the girl that was our intern thought we said Holland Oates. She didn't know who Hall and Oates was. Yeah, she thought it was a person and I can't go for that. So this got was thinking in the world of sports and music, what breakups bothered you? What people separated a team and a city, a player and a team, a band, a group. What breakups hurt you? What were these do that are so hateful that should be thankful on this Thanksgiving? We'll take your feedback next Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy your football today. I will take your feedback next cave you know rich and for Dan Patrick