Speaker 1: He is drinks chants, motherfucking podcast man.
Speaker 2: He's a legends every queen's rapper.
Speaker 1: He ain't sagree that your boy in O R E. He's a Miami hip hop pioneer. What ups d J E f N?
Speaker 2: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players you me and the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drink chans for.
Speaker 1: Every day is New Year, Csten. It's time for drink champs.
Speaker 3: Drink up mother mother?
Speaker 1: What a good holies gonna see me this? Your boy n A O n A? What up is d J E f N? How y'all make some.
Speaker 4: Yo?
Speaker 1: Listen man. When we started this show, we said we want to give it to people who are I calls people who are legends. This man right here has been making everybody in this room laugh for him, beyond and beyond. He got asked Carl out of nowhere. Lord, he got text and ship stop doing stress with a shirt open, and he's continued to do it. He's my favorite old spice man ever. You gotta listen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean listen. I can choose bro and he's clean house. He's done it. He's been funnier and funny and funny. He's grown with time. He is true in the definition of wine is better with time.
Speaker 1: He is a legend. He's an I car and today drink chances remote So happy to give this man his flowers and tell him how much he means to the game, and tell him how much that when he's doing comedy, the world is a better motherfucking place. So the one thing that I'm a very fan of comedians, right, obviously, right, The one thing I can see about your specials is you never repeat jokes. Yeah, Like I see some of the greats. Me watch them like I watched them at Miami in prov and I'll go to like Milwaukee and I can finish their joke. You know what I'm saying, because I'm like, yo, man, my dude, I was watching it. But something about you, especially your specials, you don't Why is that why you do all new material? Man?
Speaker 6: I just think that people people deserve that, you know what I mean. Like when people come to these shows, man, they get babysitters outfit, you know what I mean, They taking budgets out, they pay checks to just come right for you to come see me. And I do the same thing that you saw last time. If it was me, I wouldn't come again, you know what I mean, because I keep by me. I keep getting babysitters for no reason, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 6: I'm I'm gonna go see somebody else where I can see something new, you know what I mean. And so I just think the audience deserved that. And so when I'm writing and when I'm going out on tour and stuff like that, I keep that in mind, you know, I keep those people in mind, and I go, all right, I'm doing this for them, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I want them to see something.
Speaker 4: So you don't work out the material that you're doing these No, I'll.
Speaker 1: Work it out.
Speaker 6: But I got a I have like a little residency in Los Angeles. I have to improv forty people. That's like forty people.
Speaker 3: And I be bombing my ass off of that. Motherfucker. People be laughing at me, not being fun. But I have to do it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I'd rather bomb in front of forty people to see what work and what don't. But then once I stockpile all that material, then at the while, after a few months whatever, I go hit the road, then you.
Speaker 1: Really be taking down the joke.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, And I purposely leave one joke that don't work, okay, Yeah, I think it's funny not being funny.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I seen you in a breakfast club and you was talking about the Spare. I believe the spare is the thing in Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, And.
Speaker 1: You were saying that, I believe YouTube right sold it out four days in a row for five months straight, all right, So it made me started to think.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 1: Obviously, I thought of bad Bunny, but then I thought of bad Bunny. Bad Bunny did did similar to that three months straight.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: I believe it was four days a week, but it was in Puerto Rico. So that's home Court adventage, right.
Speaker 3: Ye. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: The one thing that I was thinking about when I heard you say that was the one thing about this is you got Paul McCart, You got YouTube right, you got YouTube group. YouTube is a group. Yeah, so it's more than one people that you're coming to see. Now, can we do that same thing with Kevin Hart and Chris Rock Drake and Kendrick Lamar, each one of them together, get it? And like yeah, yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 6: But all of them are like headliners within themselves or whatever.
Speaker 3: I was just mainly speaking like what icons do.
Speaker 1: We have, like just the YouTube that can do that?
Speaker 6: And the only person I can really think that could possibly do it is Diana Ross.
Speaker 3: Only Beyonce could do it. Yes, yes, Beyonce can do it. Yeah yeah yeah she can't, she can't.
Speaker 6: But but other than that, I really don't know too many people that can that can sell it out four days a week, sometimes five days a week for five months straight. Like I don't know no black icons that can really do that. I mean, you could put Earth in the Fire, Stevie Wonder and Lina Richie together, but old niggas gonna be there.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 6: Nobody else that can just do but you got to put them together.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know what I mean, you can't can't do it.
Speaker 1: I feel like jay Z and Nas could do that, But that might be my hip hop saying that to me.
Speaker 3: Because you know me too on it too. But I don't know what you say.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm a Nas jay fan. I just you know, know, you know what with.
Speaker 1: The important parson that you're saying is the geographics is the actual uh Las Vegas. Las Vegas is a tourist town. Even the people that that that live in Las Vegas don't really come out. They're like already written, right.
Speaker 6: But I think that I also think the problem is a lot of black folks, young especially young folks, they don't they don't support our icons. They just don't say yeah, they don't. They don't go see nobody that that be really be. It'd be like a lot of older people. I went to a Morse Date concert. It was like there was like twelve hundred people in the audience and I was sitting up here like this mors.
Speaker 3: Day, Like anyway they come to Seymour's days.
Speaker 1: That's good. Yeah, somebody truck is hard something twenty five.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But I've seen these shows be like very small audiences because a lot of young cats be like, man, they wanted to see the hip happening ship and they don't. They don't go see their icons. But I just went to go see Billy Idol. I'm in the audience at Billy Idol.
Speaker 3: Ship, jam motherfucker all the way to the back.
Speaker 6: Everybody only black people that was there was me and JB. Smooth black people.
Speaker 1: I'm going to see cooler gang. I'm going to just well, I.
Speaker 3: Was with Robert glassfer Uh at Napa Valley.
Speaker 1: When you have fooling the gang, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, I know we know it's earthing the fire, Earth the fire.
Speaker 6: I'm tripping cooling again. I ain't never seen cool in the game. They got that new leader, they don't got the damn got j T.
Speaker 1: Don't they cooking niggas out of the game.
Speaker 6: This is a nigga that looks like changing.
Speaker 4: Even with Morris Day, You're like, come on, they wasn't around no, but.
Speaker 6: They think that's the person like that, Like when I went to see Morris Day, that one Jerome with them, I like, who's this niggag holding the mirror more ship?
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, they changing them out left and right.
Speaker 1: You know. Now, one thing that I saw you explain in a couple of places, and it was very articulate, but it was something that that that touched me directly, right that y'all said that when y'all renegotiated Blackish, everybody kind of went in and kind of like did it individually, right, And that's something like I believe that hip hop could have learned from y'all, right, like had had y'all, like like collectively, you know, got together, because because collectively, without y'all, there is no show, right, and the show is a hit show. Right, it's a hit show. So it just makes sense, like, hey, guys, we're not trying to be assholes, but we're trying to be compensated in the way that we did. Do you think that was a mistake that you guys didn't come together.
Speaker 6: I totally think it was a mistake because I rallied, especially with the guys that if any I ever seen the show. We used to have like an office scene where he would Anthony would go to work. He had talked to his coworkers and we used to always do these office scenes. So I was talking to the office people like, yo, man, they need us for the scene, Like let's just chill and then we man, let's get our money up like everybody else is doing it.
Speaker 3: Let's just do that.
Speaker 6: And it was like, because I don't think the family was really dealing with us like that, So I was like, let's deal with the office cats. All of them was like, yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 1: But when you say the family, what you mean.
Speaker 6: Like like Anthony family like that was one entity and then it was the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I wouldn't even look at it.
Speaker 6: Because when we did these scenes, we never was with the family. Every blue moon you would see episode with us with the family, but other than that, no, yeah.
Speaker 1: It would just be us.
Speaker 6: Shoot this and then he'll come shoot with us. But we never really was with him or whatever, you know. So I was like, man, So I was like, yeah, let's let's let's let's wait and let's get our money up. And then I went in there picking sign blackfist up and they was.
Speaker 3: Like, everybody's down to make up, get ready.
Speaker 1: I was like, this is a question that I'm actually super naive because we got black directors, we got black producers, we got black writers, we got black actors. Like when are we going to ever be the foodboo? Like, when are we going to actually be the food of movies?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Like, what's what's my man name? Just did the the the the ship that's on Netflix? Stalkers?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 1: The ship with Michael B.
Speaker 3: Jordan's center sitting there?
Speaker 1: And I said stokers? But we understand that he's a black director, right, we understand so and it's successful isn't that example that we should just go and take on our own thing or do we need these budgets?
Speaker 6: I mean, it's all changing right now, man, everything's changing. Everybody is getting super independent. Everybody's doing their own thing. One thing that they can't take away is, you know, a hit is a hit, you know what I mean. The script is great, The script is great. They can't take it away. Like a star's a star. You cannot take away a star being the star, you know what I mean. It's just it's inevitable, you know, so as long as you keep writing what you writing, and it's going to speak for itself, you know what I mean, especially if everybody want it. The problem is is that I don't think that we are like taking each other with us, you know what I mean. It's still that only one person can get it at a time type of mentality.
Speaker 3: But it's like that in music too.
Speaker 6: It's like that and everything it's like and it's so sad because it's different styles of people.
Speaker 3: It's different styles of people.
Speaker 6: Comedy, acting, music, hip hop, and it's like, let everybody have their own style in their own lane, and maybe it could be six month Buckers at the top of the thing, but in different styles, you know what I mean. Like back in the nineties it hip hop and shit, that was the beauty about hip hop.
Speaker 3: Back then, everybody was unique and doing their own thing, and it was like that.
Speaker 6: And now it's like, if you not sounding like a motherfucker, you can't get signed. And that's how it is with comedy a lot of times too, if you don't sound, if you're not doing this, because there's a lot of comics that's doing like CrowdWork, you know what I mean. And I'm not mad at it. Big on stage and they just go, hey, where you're from, Oh, yeah, what's your what's your birthday?
Speaker 3: Oh that's your wife? Okay, hey you that's your girlfriend? Heys And there's no written material. They're just doing that. I'm not mad at that, Like that's what you do. That's what you do. But everybody's I mean, it is considered improv but still it takes away from you know, writing a joke, you know what I mean. People still want to hear jokes.
Speaker 6: Nobody want to go in there and listen to you get to know everybody.
Speaker 3: For a whole while, you know what I mean, Like you do that on.
Speaker 1: Your that's your weekend greet.
Speaker 7: It's just.
Speaker 6: Exact niggas, you know, like Yo, don't spend the whole goddamn time getting to know motherfuckers. It's like, people want a joke and I ain't mad at it.
Speaker 3: I just I just want balance.
Speaker 6: I want to balance with everything, Like give me balance with that ship, you know. But you know, the game is changing, man, A lot of people don't know no better, especially younger cats. They just don't know no about it, and that's what they came up on. But I just want everybody to understand that there's a formula that happened way before that, and it still exists, and it's very scarce, but it still exists.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, and it still works.
Speaker 6: I mean you got people like you know, Chappelle myself, that's you know, yeh said, that's that's out here, like really still killing the game with that, you know, And so I just want people to understand that that's not the end all be all, Like look for balance in any comedian you go see, force them and challenge them to write a joke and see what happened.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you, right, in these past couple of years, it's been a lot easier to get on a comedy because of this. Right. Yeah, so you have you have comedians that's full fledged comedians that can get up and give it to you, and then you got comedians that sketch comedians. Right, that's that they cater to Instagram.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: We had an episode on this show one time. It's one of my favorite episodes on the show. Was we had was the guy Mike, Mike Apps was just a natural comedian. Yeah. I know, I did not know what I was doing. I did not set this guy up, you know. So I just put the enternet Forgot's name is we Do Brown. But I put him next to Mike, and Mike just couldn't help himself. He just start frying this guy. He just like he was like yo, he said, he said, it looked like God. I wanted to make you omitgine and he said, I'm gonna give you a little bit more. You know.
Speaker 3: So what I'm I'm.
Speaker 1: Thinking this is how naive I am get you two points. One, I'm thinking every comedian now, and then two, I'm at least thinking they know each other, like at least they met. And Mike just couldn't help himself. Bro, Like and there was Mike Boy named the Older the Older Gentleman. Oh he was even worse. They were just going at him. And I'm sitting there and I'm saying to myself, I set up this.
Speaker 8: Commedion, knowing, knowingly for the brave warriorms comedians into a newborn basically.
Speaker 1: And they just ate the new born man. You know.
Speaker 4: That was like an idol to him, like he's getting no more.
Speaker 1: What I'm trying to say is this, there's there's some new comedians that you can tell they're going to supersede this Instagram thing. They're gonna they're gonna go above there. And then some people that say, you know what, that's your world, but stay there because you can't fuck with this other world.
Speaker 6: So with us is absolutely that's the truth, you know, like those sketches and what you're known for online and ship and then you're getting this notoriety and everybody love you and ship like that, And then you try to go to the comedy club and you try to get some material going.
Speaker 3: If you're gonna do that, you.
Speaker 6: Better go get some writers or something. Don't go in there, motherfucker, motherfucker kick a cat a cat, right kick it in the lake and everybody see that ship go viral, and then you're gonna stay and you kick the cat ship.
Speaker 9: Right, so now you're gonna say to be kicking ship, hick a bunch of ship and make everybody laughs.
Speaker 1: Fucking life, Yo, you better.
Speaker 6: Keep kicking mother, because you ain't got no material and ship, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But that's what they do.
Speaker 6: They they have to watch that will make you as will break you.
Speaker 3: You gotta understand that, you know, you got to.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you gotta understand that you on that motherfucking Graham blowing the funk up, you better know what happened after that, you know what I mean. And there's a lot of newer comics that that are feeling that right now. They're going, oh that they went out there with this notoriety and when did these clubs? And man, it just didn't go good for them, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Because sometimes it works vice versa. Sometimes it goes where the older comedians are trying to do the.
Speaker 10: Skits and that didn't work. Bro trying to be banks, but shout out.
Speaker 3: That's what I love. This is just one of those guys that got it off, you know what I mean. He figured it out and he gave and he gave homage to Motheruckers beforehand. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: What I love about the new comedians, this is what I love when they get canceled. Like day three days of cancelation. You didn't see you know, he got canceled the other day. That's that's he banks. He did a skit about the guy who was like, I like, you you know the guy who raped people in jail. Oh my god, I don't know. I don't know what that's the story. So so what happens is, by the way, I don't want to say the skin is hilary because don't want to be canceled leading sunny. But I didn't realize. So when you read the comments, there was so many like like they're like yo, and the comments is saying YO, making fun about rape is never a joke. And I'm like, damn because I thought it was funny. I'm like, I'm part of the problem. So what I'm trying to say is I believe he went an apology. Told is it hard for comedians like because it's like you're going to cross the line but never put the pinky toe over.
Speaker 3: Look, it's such it's such a It's.
Speaker 6: Something that every comic deal with, especially nowadays, man, because you're we're in the business, especially the old school comics funnyest funny.
Speaker 3: We know, and you take pain and you make it funny. You can't gonna stage going.
Speaker 6: I had a magnificent day to day and I got paid and I ain't going.
Speaker 11: All my kids are great, you know, I'm like, God, she did three threesomes with me this week.
Speaker 6: You can't do some ship like that. You know, you got to. You got to you go from pain. So when you have these situations that's hurtful to people, you got to understand the comic.
Speaker 3: Is coming from pain from the get go. But everything that he's.
Speaker 6: Saying so he don't mean no harm by it. He's just taking another painful moment trying to make it funny. So to differentiate between what's painful that's acceptable and what's painful that's not is some really fucked up ship that you have to go by.
Speaker 3: After change all the time and changes all the time, you know what I mean, So you don't know what the fuck you can really say and not say. So it's a very touchy, touchy area for for for comics. Or whatever.
Speaker 6: You know, figure that shit. I don't fuck with neither, right, But in my and my stand up, I don't say ship about that ship.
Speaker 1: You got to see from the beginning as well. Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: He had a group called to Go Get Us and they used to perform at this place called the Cotton Club.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: Everybody de started to be like uh and I got some hell.
Speaker 3: Of five beats that was just it.
Speaker 6: You know, he rhymes, but he wasn't like he was like, yeah, it wasn't great like that, but the music was like, oh, this dude is crazy.
Speaker 3: With it, you know.
Speaker 6: And he just kept doing and kept doing, and I remember he did uh h is uh. Then he did motherfucking beans true to truth. Every time I step in the book after that, myers have to reintroduce themselves to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was it was like what up?
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 1: Then it was like Kanye West, to give you a great story. Me go back to that, let me give you a great story. I thought you have mister Lee working for you right there. We're on the group chat and I'm like, yo, I said, you asked, what is d on work drinking? And he goes, excuse me, He goes by the name of Cole, Sir, I know what you got good here.
Speaker 3: To addressed.
Speaker 1: Jesus this year is too okay from the Kanye, we're talking about Kanye, yeah yeah, yea, yeah. So we spoke about after he started wearing lover. Yeah, because you have to call the nigga what we love.
Speaker 6: We're gonna you know, some lovers with that cold weather after Jack No, no, no, it was there was good people.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 6: They weren't like I was around him a super lot. But I used to be with my I don't know if you know, I got Coodie. Yeah, yeah, that's my guy. Some me and Coody was like, you know, we're still best friends man, and you know, we used to hang out a lot, so I would be around Yay. When Coody started documenting him and ship, you know, and then it just got to a point where I just me personally, I just felt like I was like I remember one day we went to a party and we were and when we walked in, Yea was like, man, let's go to the VIP area and it was like probably about fifteen of us and we went to the VIP area and we were chilling. Then he was like this ship dead up here. Let's go downstairs with action that. So we all went downstairs with action that. Then he was like, Sniggs keeps sucking with me, Come on, let's go back upstairs to the VIP. And then we went a man and then he was like, damn, ain't no holds up there down the stairs ship we brought. When we went back down there, I was like, I ain't going back up. I ain't going and the niggas went up and I just stayed down.
Speaker 3: And then I was like, I ain't.
Speaker 6: About to keep following you around nigga like that. And I think that was the end of my hanging.
Speaker 1: And restro respect. Other than r Kelly Yay really had no other example to actually look at, right, because who else blew up? I mean, what is like the global artist.
Speaker 3: All?
Speaker 6: They all they can like, you know, to be real with you, everybody looked.
Speaker 3: At comment Common.
Speaker 6: Common was Common was the motherfucker? I mean, who's the dude that was doing it? If you did the song with Common, you was like, oh, so, I'm quite sure ya was excited to rock with with Common?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? Because it was juice comment Twister I did do I die? You know? Yeah? It was.
Speaker 6: It was a lot of a lot of a lot of great West Side MC's that was getting down, you know, a psychodrama Buck and all them, they was all getting it in.
Speaker 3: So Yay was like he did a.
Speaker 6: Song called a Hire with Do a Die and them, you know what I mean, because he wanted to work with them whatever. But yeah, it was like it was like we you want to work Chicago artists only at first shout out the track stuff like it was all these all these people that wanted to work together, and once you work with them, you start really kind of thinking about everybody else in the world, you know, especially if it blew, and it did, and so ship Yay.
Speaker 3: Left, Common left.
Speaker 6: When everybody started leaving, it is the city kind of like kind of window down whether the Bratt left, everybody left. Yeah, so Sha was still there. She's still rocking. Shout out to Shanna, but yeah, it was it was. Yeah, the city got kind of kind of kind of bland or whatever. But when ya got with rock with the rock Man and then he came home.
Speaker 1: It was cold.
Speaker 6: Always college dropout shed that motherfucker was. They was playing that ship and funerals, wedding elevators like that.
Speaker 3: Ship was anywhere got up. It was crazy.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if you know, but you've been telling me for years that he tried to name Northwest Rie really get out. Do you believe it? I did not, But then they kept he kept saying it. He said it on this show, said it on The Brothers Club, and then but still like it was no confirmation. So I go to virgil oblos Uh passed. What's it called when you when you pass away? And they not pass over? That's that's Jewish you No, no, no, it's something that passed like yeah, they was. They were Louis bit. Tom was sending him off. So I see him kardash Year and I see Northwest, who apparently she's named as to me, right, that's crazy, So he come look at me. He goes, He's like, no, come here. So I'm like, I know I'm read in the face. I'm black, and I know my face turning like oh ships like why am I about to say something? Northwest? And Kim like what am I belonging? And she got He goes to her, he goes, this is who I named you after? To Northwest. She looked at me like he ain't ship, Like I want me doing. But then Kim looked at me, and she looked at me with the look of death, right like you gotta remember this is right after I let car. You just go crazy. She's looking at me like you are not off the hook at me?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: Wow. I never got this to hear this story. Recently, she goes online and she says, walk, Yes, Kanye wanted to name him. By the way, Kanye, that was. That is one of the best compliments I've ever got. Name of the Norriega is too crazy. Normally I would have got I would have been all like golf, all and everything. Look at me voluntary to be a go.
Speaker 3: A love.
Speaker 12: I can take a dress. I don't want to take a drink. It's about that time. That's about that time. Plus you know what you know, you know, you know you got the baby. You know hold on, hold you know what you got.
Speaker 1: You know you know the family denies the baby. This is the baby that denies the family like we stepped, we stepped, but it doesn't matter. Man. But yo, yay. That's one of the biggest compliments I've ever ever got. And another one. I want to make this clear and get back to the interview. I will never forget what fifty for me. When he came to see us that day, pretty soon jumped out the car. He had his security with him, and he turned and he looked at his security and said, chill, I'm with Norwy, I'm okay against the rapper to do that for me, that is a big, big compliment I've now. I thought about that the other day. I was just sleeping in my bed and I was like, that was so hold. We was out here, but right, I mean out here, you know what I'm saying. That's when he came to the show. Yes, yeah, so Jack Whiler said he's five minutes away. So okay, so uh okay, No, So your mom's birthday is October eleven.
Speaker 6: Yeah okay, yeah, yeah, just passed not too long ago. Yeah, that's uh, that's crazy. Yeah, my much she passed away about four years ago. Oh wow yeah yeah, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It was uh, still dealing with that, you know, dealing with you know, her passing and.
Speaker 3: You know, trying to go through life.
Speaker 6: You know, anybody that ever lost somebody, you already know how they especially a mom, a mom, especially being an only.
Speaker 3: Child too child. I was I wasn't you know, what it was. We never had ship.
Speaker 6: We was poor as put our food on a window sill because we had refrigerator. Ship like that, you keep keep to keep your food on refrigerator window ledge or whatever. But I didn't know we even I didn't know we didn't have ship, you know what I mean, because it was just so much love and you know, I didn't know that, not until you know, later on, when I got older and started getting off into girls and ship like that. Then I was like, oh, we're poor, you know, I didn't. I didn't know that, you know, like, what's up with your shoes? I'm like, what you mean was wrong? So when they stopped doing that, I was like, dang. But still no, she worked hard and tried to make it happened whatever. But yeah with that crazy oh yeah, yeah, that.
Speaker 1: The boy came through the butt finally. Okay, bag, okay, because last time you smoke the blood was Paul McCartney.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's some you know, some.
Speaker 1: Point, so you you know.
Speaker 3: Paul McCartney came.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's get to that later. Yeah, let's get to that. Let's talk about the special. Yeah, okay, especially it's on Netflix, but we were watching the bootleg version on YouTube. I just want to throw that out there. How does that work? Because like back in the days when bootlegs used to happen, we used to have to go to the Africans. We should have to beat them up and ask them where did they get it from? The Sinister Canal street? And it's Technese in the Canal I thought that the Chinese.
Speaker 3: Enough.
Speaker 1: This is in twenty twenty five. How do you approach something like that, because you know, I imagine Netflix did a lookletive deal with you. Now if I don't have Netflix, I can go on YouTube and enjoy this specially that you did just for Netflix. How do you navigate to it?
Speaker 6: But especially being now probably a year and some change or whatever. Yeah, yeah, it came out, so I think people have figured it out. They can put stuff on YouTube or whatever. But when they drop like you can't, you can't do that then you know what I mean? So like, yeah, you have to you forced to watch it on Netflix. It's no recording it or nothing like that. Unless you plan your TV and you recording it like that.
Speaker 1: That's not going to affect your deal. Because you're dealing with Netflix and some of the butlegs. It probably better for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean enough everybody.
Speaker 1: That's my question is like if your numbers do good on YouTube, Netflix come back to you and say you look what we did on.
Speaker 6: YouTube or well no, no no, because they look at look when Netflix they want you to come to Netflix. They're not looking at YouTube, like what you're doing?
Speaker 1: Talk about netflixes. Netflix never give you your numbers.
Speaker 3: They doesn't give your numbers. You gotta like got to know somebody.
Speaker 1: Okay, you just.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think you just got to go through certain people and they'll give your numbers if you really ask for.
Speaker 1: I noticed like they'll like one, two, three, four, five, but they won't have no numbers.
Speaker 3: Under that one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't know what indicatese how did that become number one?
Speaker 6: I think like recent and recent years, they start like if you ask them for it, then okay, you know somebody will work hard to get it for you.
Speaker 1: And as a comedian, is that the end all be all as of right now is to have a special on Netflix.
Speaker 6: I mean it's like it's something back of the days to be Yeah yeah, through all of that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you you you you want that.
Speaker 6: That is a goal for a lot of comedians that have a special on Netflix, absolutely, because it's like the reach is so crazy. You drop a special on there and if it's funny, you're selling out theaters the next day.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so there's definitely a goal for like a lot of comics to reach or whatever.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come sit down.
Speaker 3: Adults and possible ship. You went real deep.
Speaker 6: Everybody else and my neighbor shot out. You'll be standing around with a group of niggas shying to just walk up.
Speaker 1: Everybody like ship.
Speaker 3: He'll be like it used the real depot and he'll just stand around, look at everybody and he'll just choose who slaps ship, slap your cargo. Yeah, to be like no.
Speaker 6: No, it was like South Suburbs of Chicago, slap ship out of the dog and just be like, man, give me some money.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I would be like as soon as he walked up, I'll be like I gotta go. And I knew that that was happening to but yeah, shy House, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Ra told me about that was your childhood. But d ray Y, Yeah, yeah, we I like Damnar raised d ray Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: He was used to live next door to one of my best friends, Chris and uh Man Chris used to like always look out for him because d Ray Mama was like like like like really bad, like in drugs and dry.
Speaker 1: Kind of like a little unsafe because he's he's like he's like unsafe like skin and green unsafe and that's unsafe, like like yeah, that's the unsafe like he had he had to like yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so we we looked out for him like a lot and ship you know, and so yeah, and then he started doing stand up. You know, it was like man, he took off. Man, so it was good. Yeah, shout out to d and Ship.
Speaker 1: So let me ask let me ask you. Right, I've access to multiple comedians, and I always compare it to the rap game, right, this chicken chipling circuit excuse me, uh in in the comedy world, and then well wrap we have like it's called underground. I guess we might think that we under it's the same thing, right. The difference is when I started to do research of like how comedians come up, Like you said earlier, you said you went to see the band and the band only had twelve hundred people there, right, Morris day A. Right, that's that's that's a big international band, but a lot of us coming up in hip hop will have a little thing, but we'll still get up twelve hundred dollars or twenty five hundred thirty thousand. What I noticed in the chicken circuit was a lot of people were getting seventy five dollars one hundred and fifty dollars. That's something that wrapped. Don't go through that, not that much like, not that bad, not in that type of way. How does a person go from getting one hundred and fifty dollars to one hundred dollars thousand a night.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you, Let me tell you, Let me tell you, Let me tell you. We went look at.
Speaker 7: What's that?
Speaker 3: It's a diamond glass. That a little bit about this for me, man. You know when he had his.
Speaker 13: Accident, Yeah, I was taking care of him. I used to have to wipe his ass and you know what I'm saying, I'll feed him.
Speaker 3: I had to help him get back to.
Speaker 1: Normal and everything.
Speaker 3: So you don't to do some woman, give me a new eye.
Speaker 1: You got one? That's yeah, that's dope. Make a noise withour.
Speaker 3: We're going to get just one.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 6: They stat tour called the Creative Tour. You go from New York, right, and you go all the way down state the state, state the state, all the way down to Miami and then back over the Dallas then up to Memphis. Every night you're driving from a city city getting.
Speaker 3: Two hundred dollars two hundred, one hundred and fifty three hundreds.
Speaker 1: A bunch of comics together.
Speaker 6: It's like two two comics and y'all ride together, y'all rent a car and just do that ship. And everybody had to do that. It was crazy, dog and we ain't gonna make no money, but you felt like you had to do it because everybody big was doing it.
Speaker 1: The old comedian's apology on behalf of the whole rape. We thought we had it the worst. Well, don't say it, because the promo runs is similar. You don't get paid. Promo ones is worse. But I give you this. I will give you this. Promo ones bills a relationship if you want to live in this game and have relationships, right, and for a twenty year span.
Speaker 3: That promo one is.
Speaker 1: Basically no because they're not on a record label. So the difference between that is they're doing that for themselves as opposed to us. We're doing this for a record label in hopes of we're going to be in longevity business for ten years or more and we're gonna have great relationships with the radio stations that we just came and looked out for.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's still entertainer's not getting paid, still the same that one.
Speaker 6: Understand why ain't no per diem.
Speaker 1: I'm drinking this down to drink because of you, because you ordered, you brought up not getting paid.
Speaker 13: And when I was talking to Michael Blaxon, y'all did to Mike, Yeah, you d l City. Y'all had a show in Chicago. You know what I'm saying was the turnout wasn't really good because of the promotion was wrong with the promoter, which was when in Chicago and Chicago, and then the promoter was trying to cut a deal with y'all, like you cut him a break, but you was the only one went as in the phone you told him.
Speaker 6: No, I remember something like that, but no, it ended up working out at the at the end of the day, it all worked out. But I don't know what Mike deal was, but mine worked out.
Speaker 3: You got all.
Speaker 1: I worked out. You know, that's a great question because bus when I say I'm saying rappers, right, Oh, we have a reputation that supersedes us, right right. So they'll say, all right, cool, Maybe I won't play with DMX money, but maybe i'll mess with Mocha Locos money.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Maybe I won't mess with nor your money, but maybe i'll mess with Monster's money. All of y'all known to be funny people. So how does the promoter choose who to mess with or short and who not to?
Speaker 3: Man, they just have to like figure it out.
Speaker 6: I always got my money, man, because this is what I used to do the promoters back in the day before I had like representation. Somebody will call me up and be like, hey, man, I want you to do a show down in Louisville, and I'd be like this, who is this? And they'll be like Scott. I'll be like, nah, heard about you.
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 6: And then they'd be like what and I'd be like, yeah, you ain't paying motherfuckers and all that and I'm not. I'm not doing that. They always do this who told you this shit? And not be like everybody told me I ain't coming down there.
Speaker 3: He'll be like, no, fuck that nom, that's my reputation. You know what.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 3: I'ma I'm gonna throw.
Speaker 1: You an extra. We're gonna pick you up. You want to find us over tails and.
Speaker 3: Showed you who I am because that ain't who I am. And I'm like, let's see. And they always go above and beyond.
Speaker 1: It to within. Nobody never even said that that's a good way.
Speaker 3: Let me get one of those blunts by speaking on one of those blunts.
Speaker 1: Paul McCartney, Yeah, yeah, yeah, we get into it. Yeah, yeah, he's getting.
Speaker 6: To Paul is one of the realists. And Bob too, Yeah, bombmously. Yes, he laughed the whole time. Yeah, he came upstairs. He came upstairs and was like, hey, man, I came here to see you. I saw your name on the mir key and I think you're funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was on my coming home from rehearsal. I got a world tour coming up, and so I just wanted to come in and come kick it. And I was like what, I'm looking at him, like what, He's like yeah, and he reached his packet put out this fat ass joint. He was like, you don't mind, dude.
Speaker 1: And there was a joint aunt it was a fact.
Speaker 3: Like he was. It was it.
Speaker 1: It was loud.
Speaker 6: Yo, he's lit, that motherfucker. He was just like, yeah, man, so how long you've been doing stand up? And I was telling him and then I was like, hey, man, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 3: He was said yeah.
Speaker 6: I was like, what's up at you? And Michael Jackson? Man, it was all cool. He was like yeah, we was I hate he died and we didn't we didn't uh speak. Yeah, he was like, but yeah, he fucked me over man, fuck.
Speaker 1: Me him up though too. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I heard about Mike No, but he he told Mike money isn't publishing and Mike was like, yeah, I'm about your publisher. And he was like yeah, all right whatever. He was on AD and Mike, Yeah he told everything. Yeah, he told Mike bout his publishing. Then this is the part that I really didn't know. He said, I asked Mike, but since he bought my publishing, give me a bump. Mike was like nah. He was like nah, this business and he was like well, he was like, we didn't did hits together. Mike like nah no, and wouldn't give him the bump. And he said he stopped sucking with him after that.
Speaker 1: Bubble's need God, damn fool, Well.
Speaker 3: He stopped sucking with Michael. Did Mike stopped fucking with him?
Speaker 1: I was Mike after somebody take you publishing bro.
Speaker 3: I believe he's on you.
Speaker 1: Hold on.
Speaker 13: You think Paul had forty seven million dollars back his own publisher.
Speaker 1: He didn't.
Speaker 6: They didn't make He said they didn't make money like that. He said he wasn't making money like that on his records. He was like, they signed really fucked up deals. He make his money on the road and ship like that or whatever. He was like, it wasn't He said he was actually looking for a bump because they didn't make money. It was like I got to split money with with three different other guys.
Speaker 1: And you got to remember too, uh that Catalog didn't start making money till the years later. That's the reason why they always say that it was a problem because with Mike is because Sony wanted that publishing back. That was all. It was all on the Sony. So that is some deep ship that I don't want to keep continuing because Mike was in against the worst world than me.
Speaker 3: But you know what, what I think.
Speaker 13: Mike really didn't like white people like that because he gave Little Richie back.
Speaker 1: He's publishing. Little Chie made.
Speaker 4: More backstory to that Beatles and and and m J thing like, wasn't there something that they did to him?
Speaker 1: And that's why he bought Mike bitch and there was something some girl.
Speaker 4: Know that they did dirty somehow they said something slicking and he said that.
Speaker 14: He said bullshit there for some reason, Michael's pet tiger, Yeah, that made.
Speaker 13: Up guess book the world Rickles for philectropy, So you know, he had to be some ship if he ain't want to give a homeboy bump a couple of motherfucker's bump.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He just simply said that Te McCartney didn't give Mike a bump at the club one what you did? Remember that.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't even drink Pepsy? No, I never, that's mine.
Speaker 1: You met Prince. I met went to Prince Club.
Speaker 3: I met the Prince.
Speaker 6: He came to Warner Brother's lot when I used to write for O'Brien. He came to the lot next week.
Speaker 1: He said that, you know what, I used to write the car.
Speaker 3: George Lofez studio was right next door. George and Prince and George was like really and Prince Man, They was like this dog Prince Kanes and did his show. This Prince did like five shows at the Form and charged only like twenty dollars.
Speaker 6: You remember that, like music? Yeah, yeah, yeah, Prince was in the room we was in. He was what's the azario?
Speaker 3: What's her name?
Speaker 1: Girl?
Speaker 3: Yeah Dawson, Yeah.
Speaker 6: She was there with him and man, he was just chilling like coolon dog.
Speaker 3: But that month he got an oar on his ass.
Speaker 1: Who think it would to fight you a prince?
Speaker 3: What I think? I think I would? Okay, I want to see Prince get old though, me too, just wanted to see him like in a card again and some flats and ship just changing the temperature on the wall.
Speaker 1: Say you don't date girls because if you give him a joke like I'm gonna get that ship better than Lake Mintonka. If they don't get the joke, they don't get the joke, like you out of my girl.
Speaker 6: I was like, get you get you waiting wedding in lake Man the time and it's like what, I was like, you don't know what that is from?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: I was like, you have seen purple rains it's like nah, I was like, I instantly.
Speaker 3: Got on my phone, Nigga color.
Speaker 13: So what's the youngest good woman that you will date and what's the what you doing?
Speaker 1: And now I don't know the dog.
Speaker 3: I ain't sure, but I know it ain't gonna be younger than like thirty five or something like that. Though I don't know.
Speaker 6: It just all depends on how the woman is and ship, you know, if she cool and she I mature like I like older.
Speaker 3: Women man long, you know what I mean. I like I like the mother.
Speaker 1: That ain't.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. Let me ask you something.
Speaker 6: How do you feel about like, uh, fake cities, people you know about people not knowing who old school people are not acknowledging that.
Speaker 1: Give you a better example. I'm sorry you didn't give me an example, But did I say, now, let me let me, let me let me relate this to hip hop. Now. I don't know how this goal is in the comedian world, but and hip hop. I find it very respectful for a kid to come up eighteen years old, twenty one years old make this living and they they're making millions of dollars and then you're asking them, who's Biggie Smalls? And they can't tell you. But then they got on Michael Jordan sneakers, like how this show who Michael Jordan is? You're not making a dollar off the NBA, You're not going to Yukon, You're not going to Syracuse, You're going to university. And the first thing you can't do is learn who the fuck too Short is. You can't learn who the fuck ice Cube is. You can't learn who the fuck NCA is. Get the fuck Spie one is as me? And then it's crazy and listen, I'm the problem because my kids don't listen to that shit. Neither they listening to Little Little Heaven there.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 4: I always say it's on the show.
Speaker 1: It's not, it's not.
Speaker 4: It's not a problem they don't know is if they're in a certain field, if you a hip hop head or you a comedian, is that they don't want to know. Like the young generation doesn't want to know. They don't want to know about anything. And it's like young comedian, they to know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to be naming Richard pryor they're supposed to be naming Red Fox.
Speaker 3: Should be looking back at what.
Speaker 1: You want to know where does Zapple?
Speaker 3: You went Doug and praise for it, and you respected them to make was limited though, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 13: When we're growing up and whatnot, there is no Instagram or there is no Google and whatnot, so you everything was good.
Speaker 1: They should know more now because of everything is instant. I think it's just this.
Speaker 6: They should they got all that ship or whatever you said.
Speaker 1: You said it before, he said, this smart phone is stupidest ship.
Speaker 3: It is the stupidest ship. The smart phone stupid and ship. You know, but I remember this, this this network, this network hired this really big I don't want to say motherfuckers knaves hired this really big streamer, right, the biggest streamer out there, right, oh, ship.
Speaker 6: So they hired this person to come to the award shows and do facts ship. And this motherfucker was like yo, like people was like he was going up to people like, I don't know who that is?
Speaker 3: What that is.
Speaker 6: His excuse was, don't blame me because I'm young, and that was so disrespectful to me, because.
Speaker 1: They want to Africa dance.
Speaker 3: Look, I was backstage and I met and I met and I met.
Speaker 6: I met dude one time backstage and he walked backstage.
Speaker 3: And I was like, hey, what's up man?
Speaker 6: He was like this, and he walked off and he was with my I like that, dude, the blond.
Speaker 1: Head Drew ski is with.
Speaker 3: Drew Skie looked at me and was like this, what's up, O, G how you doing? Man?
Speaker 6: I appreciate you, man, I love everything you do. Then he went to him and was like, man, you know ge he funny as hell, you know.
Speaker 3: And he was like this.
Speaker 6: And just walked off and ship. And I was like this, that's cool, that's cool. That's I'm cool with that. I'm good with that.
Speaker 1: You don't know why.
Speaker 6: I'm just all good, right, But when you go on the record and say when they trying to go this babyface and this is this person.
Speaker 1: And want to recarpet with.
Speaker 3: You, like but look, but they asked him and he was like this, I don't know these people. I'm young.
Speaker 6: Don't don't blame me because I'm young. That's that was terrible to do. And to hire him to be your representation out of an award show that you got icons and you got younger people.
Speaker 3: I think this is like this ship.
Speaker 4: They couldn't even It's not even his fault's the people who hired him, really, but it's like hosted the Hip Hop Awards as opposed to there's still icons there too.
Speaker 6: That's just how you but it's more I get it, but maybe they should have done that. But my thing is, don't put a person in position that's going to dis icons just because you're young and you don't know about them and you ain't look them up or whatever, then you shouldn't be in that position. You should have somebody there that's going to acknowledge all the older people, even if you don't know them, like just man.
Speaker 1: Just know that they got there. They had a whole career, You got a career, you.
Speaker 3: Was even born, you know what I mean, and just respect them. And that's all. I'm not trying to beef and ship. I'm just going if you're.
Speaker 6: Going to be in that position, do your research about when you see icons and giving them love when you see them, period.
Speaker 3: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Something.
Speaker 13: We hold the younger people to a certain standard when they come in, Like you know, I'll be seeing a lot of the little interviews.
Speaker 3: On certain.
Speaker 13: Morning shows and different platforms, and you know it'd be a little bit too much respect for a.
Speaker 3: Lot of the so called new people that's popping.
Speaker 13: And they're not like a lot of the older generation ain't telling them exactly what it is and how they really feel about what they're doing.
Speaker 6: But they're following people because of how famous they are.
Speaker 3: Even Nikki said that.
Speaker 6: Nikki said, motherfuckers ain't fame, no motherfuckers ain't talented no more.
Speaker 3: They're famous and ship And.
Speaker 6: So you got these people people that really don't know too much and nothing, you know what I mean, that's out here. I'm not trying to diss her or nothing like that, but they did you see that video a lotto in the a at the jewelry store and they asked her name the forty fifth and the forty seventh president, and if you could do that, we'll take some money off your jewelry.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 6: She was like this the forty fifth forty seventh. Wow, he said, the forty fifth to forty sevenths, right, forty fifth or forty And I'm sitting there going wow. But people follow her and be like she's true, she's this and that in the third and it's like, man, if you're gonna be in the public eye, I think it should be on you to be knowledgeable of anything. If somebody asks you, you know what I mean, like a, yeah, it is fifth forty seventh president is Trump like.
Speaker 1: Trump is forty seven? They both both. I'm working one that I realized.
Speaker 6: Question no, no, shout out a lot of I'm just saying, like when when you look up to these people that are new in the game, and you don't look up to your older people that's doing the game, and you put all your faith and everything in these younger people that's coming up, thinking that everybody know everything. They ain't loved enough or they haven't experienced enough or studied enough in order to be held to that standard that you leaving them at All I'm saying is that's a lot of older cats out here that's.
Speaker 3: Been doing that.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna talk about even hip hop, you know what I mean, like l L and everybody that you can learn a lot from these cats, no lot, you know, and they have ventured off into other endeavors in order for them to have knowledge of self and knowledge of culture and business and everything, you know what I mean. So I just want young people to really pay attention and do your studies on who you consider the Messiah out here, and don't forget those that I really are the Messiah out of here.
Speaker 4: Plus, aging is an exclusive to older people.
Speaker 3: Everybody's in age.
Speaker 4: Everybody others you want to be treated because will be in that position exactly.
Speaker 6: And the more you live, the more you go through, right, So therefore you're gonna have a little bit more experience than before.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: So that's how it is. And I want young people to understand that. I even have to tell my son that sometime I'm like, for I'm not this age for no reason, you know what I mean. People didn't make it to this age.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Like it's a reason why I'm here, you know what I mean. And so I want people to understand that when it comes to your elders or whatever, just give them love man and listen to him.
Speaker 3: At least listen to him. They gonna know something speaking of that, because you just lost D'Angelo.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and what you just did a tribute?
Speaker 3: You didn't just do it? I did it on Blackish? Yeah, I did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did his. I did his how does it Feel?
Speaker 3: Video? On Blackish? No, I ain't show all that.
Speaker 15: Ship you did?
Speaker 1: My man? What was what was Posina.
Speaker 3: What was he doing?
Speaker 1: He was doing it. My brother, My commerce was killing me. That's my brother.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you just gonna I love get Manet love bro and d D was.
Speaker 6: I mean, I ain't ever met d but you know from what I've heard from other people, he was. You know, he was to himself a lot, you know what I mean. And you know something, artists are like that. You know, he didn't tour live. I ain't never seen him perform live.
Speaker 4: He was battling that cancer in silence basically for years.
Speaker 6: I hain't never seen him since the time he came out. Yeah, yeah, ever seen him on tour. I've never seen him with other people on tour. I've never seen him by himself on tour. Other people probably seen him. I just never seen DeAngelo, you know what I mean. And man, he's one of the greatest musicians we've had. Oh no, absolutely, And you know they keep Dwinderland, They keep Dwinderland. We got to wrap Stevie Wonder and some bubble wrap or some got damn because we only got a few left.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm gonna be honest. We've been doing this show for nine years, thank plus yep, and everybody has a Stevie Wonder story where they think Stevie could see Osley Brothers said they had to stop him from coursing the highway. On this shows, the shack said he lived the same building with Stevie, and Stevie jumped and gotten the elevator with him by himself by it, and Shaan said he not only pressed the number, he said, what's up? Decent on the show. On this show, somebody else says, he says, forget he faced time, and he faced it's all on camera. Listen by the way, I'm not then said that he said, good to see you. Stop all on the show. I promise you. I can't make this up. It's so got you brought up Stevie. N It's gotten so good that even if Stevie can't see or can see me, I don't actually want to know, Like I just want to keep the room. I'm going like it's just like you know, it's gonna sound fund up I describe this, But if I see Stevie, I might need move because I know what NEPHT is going. That's the thig that the world I'm I can't see. Let's go, and I'm like Stevie is Stevie.
Speaker 3: Hell, yes, Stevie is Stevie like my arts and Nemesis Jack.
Speaker 6: Stevie ain't ship Stevie and motherfucking are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Hold on?
Speaker 3: Stevie took this chick from me one time. Your moment to drink.
Speaker 1: Real dk tos he order you ain't shape you. You and Stevie both look at the same chick.
Speaker 10: No, No, I trying to get it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what happened?
Speaker 6: So I had this chick right and we went to this concert. Now Stevie just be popping up at Ship.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you know this, but a lot.
Speaker 6: Of times you see Stevie at things he wasn't invited. You should be showing the funk up man like. You can't just tell him no like you, he just.
Speaker 3: Calm and ship. You ain't gonna bull shit. I'm about to put quest Love on blast. Ask quest Love, dog cook quests.
Speaker 1: I'm put your glass quess.
Speaker 3: Quest said.
Speaker 6: He showed up to the White House. Obama was like, don't let him in.
Speaker 3: Here, like either, ain't me trying to holler at him?
Speaker 1: Shell and Ship like, so he took all security the right, they said.
Speaker 6: Obama's on stage talking to Obama said he looked over to the side.
Speaker 3: He said he just saw him coming in like this.
Speaker 16: Obama was like, God, let him in here, Stevie.
Speaker 3: Stevie be on somemoke like you know, he ain't hear me here. Get at your brod nigga and the heartbeat.
Speaker 6: But anyway, I want to want to go see Santana, right, And I was like, just when I.
Speaker 1: First got to l A right Carlo. So yeah, So.
Speaker 6: After the show, I'm going backstage, and I got this chick with me. But during the show, he brings this Stevie just come out nowhere, right, He come out and he do like a guest spot with him.
Speaker 3: They go backstage. I go backstage. I go the girl I was with.
Speaker 6: I was like, man, you you want you want to meet Stee. She's like, hey, I love me him. And I was like, yo, I just want to introduce telling the body guy. He was like just hold on for a second. I was like, I'm gonna go get some drinks. I go get some drinks to come back. She gone, and I'm like, well, yo, what she had body guy Like yeah, she went in. I let in and go see Stevie and I was like, all.
Speaker 3: Right, cool, I go in here. He's like, yeah, it's just a lot of people in there right now. I'm standing at this, so I'm like, okay, So I'm standing.
Speaker 1: Over the drinks.
Speaker 3: Forty five minutes go by, dog, I'm sitting there like, y'all, what the fuck? So I'm texting her ship myf't answering and I'm sitting there. I'm like, man, what the fuck. Finally she come out and she was like.
Speaker 6: Hey, yeah, she came up to She was like this just a true story. I'm not butster. She came she was like, hey, what's up? And I was like, fuck, what the fuck is she doing? And she was like, man, Stevee was just talking to me about some stuff, and you know, you know, if you can do me a favor, he really want to talk to me, and if you can go home to be cool. And I got some money for you to go home, and gave me like one hundred dollars to go home because she drove right and I gave me some money to go home, take a cab home. And I just couldn't believe that Stevie and I knew Stevie gave.
Speaker 3: Her that money because that motherfucker to have a dime.
Speaker 6: Steve, I got have I just I was riding home with the calb dog, just sitting there like I'm.
Speaker 1: Not gonna lie. That's how you know you're a real nigga. You can tell it's still kind of a little bit affecting you because you like you're still thinking about it little bit like man, just.
Speaker 6: Like I mean more, I mean not just you know, yeah, Stevie, I'll sitting up like, man, this is blind.
Speaker 3: Dude took my girl no offense.
Speaker 1: Talking about you know what, I might be scared to have TV on because it's like too much.
Speaker 6: Like look, I see him later on right, he did that, right, and I think you confront him. I was chilling, right, I was chilling side at this bar was a hole in the wall to the hole and having of the girl with you.
Speaker 3: I was with a group of people and everybody when he came in the club, everybody was like, oh my god, that's.
Speaker 1: Stevie and I was like that nigga. So he signed out.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at him like just chilling, And then one of these people came over to me and was like, yo, Steve, you want to talk to you for a minute.
Speaker 6: And I was like, I ain't going over there. I was like, he can come over here. I ain't going over there. And then they was like then they came back up and was like, man, can you just come over here? And I was like all right, and I went over there.
Speaker 3: True story.
Speaker 6: I know y'all got to think on bo sitting. I got over there and he was just sitting there and they was like, dr right here and he was like hey.
Speaker 3: I was like, what you like something? And I lean down.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: He was like, why your bitch ass still tripping over that? When you see Stevie? Asked Stevie, I sweat to you.
Speaker 1: He said that, and I was.
Speaker 3: Like, ain't nobody tripping over that girl? And he was like he was like she is, motherfucker and said I'm not. He was like yeah, he said, I'm married now. I don't even I don't even matter now, but I could feel it.
Speaker 1: I can feel it.
Speaker 6: I can feel you said, and I ain't tripping nigga. He was just like yeah, whatever, and I was like, man, I'm gone.
Speaker 3: Man, love, I said, I kept going, I'm leaving. Was talking to.
Speaker 1: I was trying to be I was talking to sell. I was like, I'm getting to go.
Speaker 3: Nigga, Nigga, I'm leaving.
Speaker 13: You ain't want to just leave nigga like you you bet you.
Speaker 3: I should have just walked away. I'm trying to be respect yo.
Speaker 1: Straight straight true Snow. You know you were there because he had he had a.
Speaker 3: Pop true story.
Speaker 6: And now I see him again and it was it was love every time I see him.
Speaker 3: Now just be love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had.
Speaker 3: I'm telling everybody. When he came to the club, Everybody's like.
Speaker 6: And I just chilling nigga, Like, nigga, did.
Speaker 1: You ever speak to homegirl?
Speaker 6: I spoke to her later on and she was like, Yo, I want to apologize for that.
Speaker 3: I was wrong.
Speaker 6: I shouldn't have left you all this other ship just like yeah, whatever, motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you wasn't new in Hollywood at that time. You was already seen that. No.
Speaker 6: I was, so I was known, but I wasn't like, like nationally known or no ship like that.
Speaker 3: I just got to l a you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I didn't. I didn't even really have no job at the time. I was just getting there trying to figure it out.
Speaker 3: Did yeh?
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had did comic view, I did Death Jam comic view.
Speaker 6: I did all of that. Yeah, so comics knew me. I was like a comics comic, but I wasn't like, you know, like you know just we had young Berg go heare and young Berg said that one time that he went on tour with DMX, he was new and took his girl. But he actually he told him said, can I talk to your girl for one minute in my room?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean said? He said, he said, you left her person in my room, so I wanted to go get her and Young Bird was like, oh okay, yeah take he and he never seen the girl. He was unseasoned. He didn't know what he was doing.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, I didn't have some run ins when Lawrence Fishburn was on. He was on Blackish with us right Fishburn, but.
Speaker 1: I heard Cam had Yeah, yo, that ship happened to me before Blackish though he did that.
Speaker 6: Same ship and the Lawrence fish No. I was in New York and I was walking so not so hard. I think it was downtown area around walking and uh man, true ship. I was with the tries On Neill shout out.
Speaker 3: To USID.
Speaker 6: This Boston comedy festival that they had right up in New York or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like what you think.
Speaker 6: Comedy festival, but it was in New York or were walking down the street going to this bar and I was like, man, I got used the bathroom and I went down these steps into this jazz area.
Speaker 3: Saw Laurence Fishburn with with some dude. They was chilling and I was like, oh my god, they're gonna Lawrence Fishburn's going in the bathroom and I'm like, all right, let me go.
Speaker 1: Say what's up to him.
Speaker 6: I walk out and I was like, I was like, man, Larry, you are amazing. He was like, hey, nigga, the fuck you called?
Speaker 1: I was like what. He was like, fuck, told you? My name is Larry.
Speaker 3: I was like, it's said on cornbread in the credits, like said Larry. He was like, my name Lawrence, nigga Lawrence. He would call me Larry. You don't know me, motherfucker.
Speaker 1: I was like all right, and I.
Speaker 3: Just said all right, walk period. He went all I went outside the tree, like all right.
Speaker 1: I was like, no, I said that.
Speaker 3: Nigga just went off talking to Larry. I said, that's just say Larry in the credits. I'm like, I ain't even know that nigga name is Lawrence.
Speaker 1: I was like, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: He was like, he went off on you.
Speaker 6: I was like, yeah, I just walked away. But later on, when I got on Blackish and he walked in the room.
Speaker 3: I was like, I just say something, but I didn't.
Speaker 6: I didn't say nothing until last day, the last day of black I said, you know, you cussed me out right. He was like, for what I said because I called you Larry, and he was like, sounded like me. I said, but why did you cuss me out?
Speaker 3: Dog?
Speaker 6: Because the said Larry under credits. He was like, three movies called me Larry. He was like, my name is Lawrence. Though he was like I like the name Lawrence when I got older. Lawrence is more mature. It's a more mature name.
Speaker 1: And Larry.
Speaker 6: I want to be called Lawrence. That's my name, and that's how I want to call And I said, dog, you know people love you. They gonna call you all kind of shit. I said, so you get mad. Motherfuckers call you Morpheus and he was like no. It was like because I can't stop that. He said, I can't stop people from calling me Morpheus. He was like, I just let it slide. He was like, you called me Lawrence or Morpheus. And he was like, but other than that, that's it.
Speaker 16: I was like, larious, he could explain that on the moment.
Speaker 1: Instead of going off just said that in the moment. I'm like, I don't know you.
Speaker 3: I ain't never met you in my life.
Speaker 1: I'm just a fan said that story on this show, and we need to co sign that story.
Speaker 7: I'm getting to death. I'm confused when I see I'm like, laws, you hear me with jay Z too?
Speaker 6: Yeah, not beef. How could I work with Jay? I worked with Jay Lena? Dude, do you know what I mean? Celebrities?
Speaker 3: This mean?
Speaker 6: It's like what I just bu lots of celebrities Jay?
Speaker 1: This mean?
Speaker 6: I was at a death Jam party, uh in the Hills. This was like coming in the nineties, Yeah, California Hills, right, And we were outside, Me and my boy Reggie. We outside and the party jumping right, all death Jam artists in there.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: All of a sudden, six s uvs pull up. Jake get out and I'm looking like, oh, there goes Jay and ship right, and he walked right up to me on my boy and it's like this what the party looking like? And We was like, man, that motherfucker jump and he was like, what y'all doing out here? We was like, Shire just drink in trying to cool off. He was like, oh cool, that's what's up. He was like, Ship, why see y'all up in there. We was like all right. He walked away.
Speaker 1: We was like, we just kicked it with j. So we was like, let's get up in here and kick it with Jay and Ship.
Speaker 3: Right, So Jay go up in there.
Speaker 6: We walk up in there and this girl, I know, she was there and I said, yo, we just hung out with Jay and Ship was kicking it with Jay, right.
Speaker 1: She was like what I said?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I said, look, take this camera. I had one in them yellow.
Speaker 1: Got Kodak Ship, take it to Dwayne Weed and the camera.
Speaker 3: And I was like, this show. We're gonna dance over the Jay.
Speaker 6: When we get over there, I'm gonna just be like, man, let me get a picture, snap the picture, and then we can leave, al right, Like all right, cool, We dancing and Ship and.
Speaker 3: We get all the way over that dog right right here, right. So I'm dancing in front of Jay. I'm looking at her. I'm like you ready. He's like yeah, And I stopped and I was like.
Speaker 6: Hey, Jay, can I get a picture? He was like, yo, son, the fuck you want to take a picture with me? For and all these pictures in the party. It was like, God, you want to take a picture with the nigga and all these women in the party.
Speaker 3: He was like, yo, you wow.
Speaker 1: I looked like.
Speaker 3: I look at the chicken. We just a bitch dancing car because.
Speaker 1: Just walk away.
Speaker 6: I was like, I just walked away in the whole old party heard it, dog.
Speaker 3: I was like, the whole party heard that ship. Dog.
Speaker 6: I was like, I was just sitting on the side, like when nobody talk to me, is everybody in there red and math everybody? When nobody said everybody just like lookg it was crazy.
Speaker 3: I left the party. I had to leave. I have a good time, Like I ain't never seen that girl. She just took the camera and just yo, took the camera and went away. Stole your camera.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dog, I'm telling you that.
Speaker 6: Ain't no celebrity in this mother ever not been this by another celebrity.
Speaker 1: Like but but because when.
Speaker 3: You said somebody this, but let me have.
Speaker 1: I thought you made like on record. So all right, so so so what's another funny encounter you had with a celebrity.
Speaker 6: Ship Maxwell Maxwell. I was out here in New York one time. I don't even know if he remembered. This house in New York and I was with my man Chauncey, and we went to this party. We got in there about one in the morning. Maxwell in there. Chauncey was like, man, they go Maxwell. He was like you Maxwell.
Speaker 3: Maxwell had all these model chicks right, he was at the bar. He was like, Chauncey, what up? Chauncy like my boy DMN.
Speaker 1: He like, y'all what up? D Sky? What up? Man? Just some baby? Come on, man, come on, we go march go to chicks and ship and we over there to be I'll read it. Weed drinks, the ships come on, take pencil. I'm like, all right, cool Max, even Max.
Speaker 6: So we go over there were flicking drinking and ships like yo, let's go to another party.
Speaker 3: We went to another party.
Speaker 1: We hang out.
Speaker 3: They come.
Speaker 1: I'm like, hey, Maxy.
Speaker 3: We came in the ship, went home, went to the room to the little model stick man.
Speaker 1: I'm like, man, I said, was fly as fun.
Speaker 6: Next day I go out and I go to this party and ship, right, I go up in there. Who in the club Maxwell. I see Maxwell. I'm like, oh, I walk up to a massive.
Speaker 3: He's like.
Speaker 7: What.
Speaker 3: I was like, what's happening? He was like, who what did you? I'm like, it's this skid. He just walked away.
Speaker 1: Dog.
Speaker 3: I'm like, right, Ship, not remember me at all?
Speaker 1: Dog.
Speaker 3: And we hung out to about six in the morning. Dog. The next day it was the next day, was he on the shout got really I don't know that. I was like, all right, man.
Speaker 4: He was. He was like, come on, come on, I'm gonna tell you something.
Speaker 1: Be watching one of your specials. I was like, so like, mad at how you assessed me? Like me Like, I was like, I was watching and I want to say, you was looking at the white people in the audience, and you said black people like plastic bags. And I immediately stopped and I pressed pause, and I went to every garbage can that I had, excuse me, every little I had in my house, and I said, this nigga doesn't assess me. Every little I had my house had more plastic bag under that. But that didn't that still didn't like alarm me that he assessed me too good. I went to the cabinets. Cabbiness had but then I said, it's under the kitchen that determines, under the sink, under the sink the determines from a real plastic bag freak or not. I've been listening to me ten seconds. I was sitting there. You know you roll, you want to roll, see though, So I'm sitting there like, and I opened it up, and then you said something especially to you, said, you know when they be trying to get away, trying to get away. And I said, now now I want to I want to up this question. Is it just black people who love plastic bags or is it anybody experience anything hood that like classic bags.
Speaker 6: I only speak from the black experience. If anybody else got it going on? And okay, but I know the black houses that I've been to, everybody got a drawer pantry full of them up, it might be it might be universal.
Speaker 1: And the one thing that you didn't say, you didn't say to go.
Speaker 6: Back, No, no, no, no, just plastic I mean it could be to go back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can use it from.
Speaker 1: A bunch of plassic bags. And one plastic bag is pulling.
Speaker 3: Out a.
Speaker 1: Track backs for everything, like for real.
Speaker 3: Definitely you can use them for shower.
Speaker 1: Caps umbrellas, umbrellas, backpack.
Speaker 3: You can put your chicken and take it out, it up, Yeah, like.
Speaker 1: You don't throw away the back.
Speaker 13: Chicago, man, Chicago, you automatically assume they know everybody in Chicago. It's like that you ever bump into a killer you got.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, popping and everything wrong there.
Speaker 1: I just playing.
Speaker 6: Calls is the truth, man, I mean, like you know, whatever happened that that happened. I just I feel like this when it comes to music. Let me let me break this to you real quick. I think when it comes to music, music is bookmarks in life, right, bookmarks, certain song come on, you know where you was at, what you was doing, all of that, right, and so it's a bookmark in your life.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: You also have these memories when these songs come out, like you make these memories or whatever.
Speaker 3: Right, so when you hear these songs.
Speaker 6: These memories come back. People make music. That music is no longer theirs. It becomes the people. That's why when the person hears a song, they going, that's my song, Oh, that's my jam, that's it becomes yours. It's like if an artist draws a painting and put it on the wall.
Speaker 3: He can't come back later to your house and be like, oh no no, no, no, no, no no no, let.
Speaker 6: Me change my painting. It's no longer his, it's my pain. I could do whatever I want. That's how music is, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean. And so when people like don't be playing.
Speaker 6: People's music because of whatever they've done, that's really taking away the bookmark that you made in life. And it's your music. It's no longer their music, So why stop playing it, you know what I mean? Because you're taking away your memories, You're taking away your bookmarks because it's no longer theirs. It's not their music, know what I mean. If you want to stop their money coming in, then so be it. But on your own time or whatever or whatever party. I think you should play whatever you want to.
Speaker 1: Like when you look separate the art from the person, when you look at shows like Benny Hill and you look at Sad and his Son, and you look at the Jeffersons, you look at what's the ship or she bunker? Like when you look back at that ship, I sit back and I say I loved it this, Yeah, I say this ain't gonna fly. Why can I separate like that's what it was back then, like they got this whole blog thing, but like eighties babies are like people like you know, kids never never wore a seatbelt. That's the reason why, Like like like why why can't it be like that?
Speaker 6: No, it's just it's the times change, you know what I mean. It's just like it's like the more people, you know, stand up for different things that bother them, and now it's just certain words you can't say, things you can't do. It's just and it's only gonna get worse and and ship more and more than that. Freedom of speeches like that is like I think that's like almost a thing of the past.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, you can't even say what you really want to say.
Speaker 1: You ain't say about it. But excuse me, mister cole.
Speaker 3: Proper.
Speaker 1: Our show was about giving people their flowers.
Speaker 3: That's uh.
Speaker 1: What you have done for the game of comedy, what you have done for this industry. You have done, you know, continuing to be original, continuing to be funny, continuing to make you know what I mean, classic material, and continue. And we wanted to tell you how much the game you know that you mean to the game, to us and to the game period. If we want to give your flowers face to face man, and man, we give your flowers. Appreciate that's what You're good.
Speaker 3: Thank you man.
Speaker 1: It's better than the Grammy because it comes from your people.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. Man.
Speaker 6: I ain't gonna this is so great man. I appreciate it, man, this is this is everything.
Speaker 1: Man. Man, I want to, I want to. I want to. I want to address something too, because I've always understood the importance of comedic content, right, but something that I appreciate it more than ever ever ever. During COVID, Right, I came outside, but I tried to comply as much as I can. But I'm Porto weekend and black, so I'm conflicted. I got to come outside a handball or basketball one of the right. But during COVID, I realized I already already knew how important it is to laugh, right, But during COVID, I realized how important it is to laugh during disaster. Yeah, even during it's like something that's like, you know, something really really wrong in life, Like I first couldn't take nine to eleven jokes, right because I'm from New York City and you know what they say. Too soon it was like too soon. Both you know, New York is we wait, we are our fucking middle name. It's too soon. But then covid was something different, right, because not eleven was just really us who got affected, like New York City. But then covid was the world, right, And it was that thirty minutes or that ten minutes or that twelve minutes that I just would go online and comedians would just go be online and just serving that material, and it meant the world to me because whatever comedian I was watching, whoever it be, at that moment, I felt like they were talking to me, like, not the world, like I felt like they were zeroing in on me at home, even my goddamn protisserie chicken and broccoli, trying to be healthy but still trying to have fun and listen to the community. That's when I realized I always knew how important comics were, but it made me feel like the world can't exist, Yeah without funny or without comics. How did you take that time?
Speaker 6: It was very unsure, very unsure, because you're talking to people who make they live in doing shows, interacting. Yeah, yeah, doing shows, traveling, doing shows and stuff. A lot of comedians they don't got health care and dental.
Speaker 3: They don't got none of that. They ain't got that. So therefore to shut that down for like years, a year or two, I was devastating. Touring Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know a lot of comics had to I had to help out a few comics, you know what I mean, and other comics was helping out other comics because it wasn't nobody making no money.
Speaker 14: It was.
Speaker 6: It was like a really tripped out time, you know what I mean. But a lot was invented then too, but not I still on the it's worth it, but you know, it still was like you got to find a beauty in that, you know what I mean. I learned how to DJ during that time. I started djying and playing. I only play like house music and disco music, but I learned and that that led to me making songs and traveling and playing music.
Speaker 3: You know, I play. I play in New.
Speaker 6: York a lot with Tasha Diggs, and I play in Chicago Terry Hunter and l A.
Speaker 1: KG.
Speaker 6: Superstar and yeah, like yeah, the chosen few picnics. So it went from just playing records to actually being on these stage all the stuff. Yeah, a whole other career for me so to Michaels one. Yeah, no, I did it with Tony Roberts. I didn't want with Rip Michaels to shout out the ripos still Roberts, Tony Robbers comedian. Yeah, we did one on yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, So we had a good time shout out to Tony and ship. But uh yeah, man, it was it was. It was a really really tripped out bizarre time, you know what I mean. But that platform is important, you know what I mean, for comics to have or whatever. I got this other thing that I haven't it's about the launch. It's gonna be on my YouTube page if if people can follow my YouTube page, Dion Cole. I got the thing called funny Knowing you interview these comedians, you get to know them from from the parents meeting to where they are now. But the twist is is that every answer that they give is real.
Speaker 3: But it's a punchline but it's real.
Speaker 6: So it's almost like they're doing a whole new hour about their life that you ain't never any heard about. So these questions I asked them, you know, I give him questions ahead of time.
Speaker 3: But this ship is hilarious, dude.
Speaker 6: It's almost like they're doing a whole New Hour stand up about their life because each answer got to be funny.
Speaker 3: That's the requirement.
Speaker 6: And I've already interviewed dal Julie, said, Tiffany Hattish, Mike Gapps to Shina Arnold. Man, like a lot of people d Ray Corey, like I did, mister Marcus the porn stars, he just he.
Speaker 1: Just calm down.
Speaker 3: That's the only community.
Speaker 10: I don't know, I can see what I.
Speaker 6: No, but yeah, but it's it's it's a very good platform. And these platforms I needed for comics.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: But all the point and the point I'm saying, it's all started from COVID. COVID you know even this I think you know no.
Speaker 1: No, but but yeah, we're in twenty sixteen. Yeah, this is this is our ship is like interacting with people like Zoom didn't work for us because like you can't smell mom, you can't smell my you like you can't see that that I'm really drinking vodka like straight like like like so you got to you gotta be in.
Speaker 4: But even though we didn't like doing it, it was important for us to do those Zoom continue like yeah, to keep them up during that time.
Speaker 3: We needed it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, and it was important. I came out here doing COVID when we had kids on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm not gonna lie to you. That was a first, like one of the first Atlanta listen. Atlanta never closed, No, we didn't, Atlanta did Atlanta stay it up in Atlanta stay closed for twelve minutes, and they were like, we ain't fucking with y'all.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I did not go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did not go down there. Yeah. I drove there too, at that drove there love. I love driving. Yeah, that's wild. But Jack was definitely okay, okay, cool, all right, gods, so where you go to the bathroom because the plastic bags, I ain't gonna lie to you.
Speaker 3: That is a that is a.
Speaker 1: I'm forty eight, now, get the fuck out of here. Well looking good, Okay, thank you, that's what I got you here, man, let's do it. But I'm okay, no, no, no, But that's one of my requirements now is like I have to meet somebody and say, how many plastic bags you got your? I think that's to be the new requirement. Like when you meet somebody like get it you gott adjudge, that's a judgment right there, anything like, let's just stop this conversation. They ain't got no classic bag.
Speaker 3: I don't think this is gonna work out.
Speaker 1: And then and then its flavors of the plastic bags too. You gotta remember it's yellow, this brown, this white.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I think that's it, right, I think it's only it's black or black black.
Speaker 3: You see, I'm so black.
Speaker 1: I don't even count the black. Yeah, all right, ship man. And the brown always seems like Puerto Rican to me, so you know, someone don't count that. Okay, there's one other color, white, I said white, white, Beige, I said beage, that's Porto Rican. Okay, Yellow, I said yellow, Okay, that's Chinese. That's right, Okay, yeah, yousul.
Speaker 3: Be the Chinese.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no yellow ties. I see how you're trying to coordinate it. It's around mother, okay. Yeah. So little before we can roll with plass back, I'm gonna say judge people. But let's talk about Average Joe Joe. Right. I heard that that was actually out on another platform prior to being on Netflix b T.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So so Average Joe is an actual show. It's a b it's a b T plus show. It's original programmer for them. It came out on b BT plus. Is this ship with Nellie Tip Trill? No, that's not the same. That's not the same.
Speaker 1: The streaming okay, okay, t ship was like around cut back, we need uncut back, uncut.
Speaker 3: Somebody got offends.
Speaker 1: The boy cat Holy Ship. Another is that, but.
Speaker 3: It's the booty can.
Speaker 1: It's like, don't go to the strip club. It's not like at all.
Speaker 15: He got big guy.
Speaker 1: Okay. So we were talking about we're doing qu okay, I'm in all right, let's see what you got said.
Speaker 3: Let me see that's funny.
Speaker 1: There it is.
Speaker 4: All right, So this is our drinking game. We're going to give you two choices. If you pick one, we're not drinking. But if you say both are neither, like you don't want to answer the question, then we all drink. We all take a shot, drink or drink whatever you're drinking. But really it's about coming up with stories of anything we thought about, like anything we mentioned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: First one is Kevin Hart Chris rock uh and it's any criteria to you, to you.
Speaker 6: I love Kevin's savviness and business and everything you know. I actually work for him on the project and stuff. I think he's great, phenomenal comic theaters arenas.
Speaker 3: So I get it. Rock is been around forever.
Speaker 6: Just legendary and all of that, and so I will go with Rock just on his legendariness and how he is.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: But I love Kevin, and Kevin is phenomenal, one of the greatest that ever did it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But just they both are amazing. But I'm just gonna go legendary status Rock.
Speaker 1: Fear enough.
Speaker 3: Richard Prior Red Fox, Richard.
Speaker 1: Pryor rich is probably the only a nigga that could say he slept with another nigga and none of us paid attention to it. We just we just we just let it.
Speaker 3: When Richie from the man who says his booty cat.
Speaker 1: So everybody everybody cat, I was like I was watching. I was like this mother was anch.
Speaker 3: He was when he was little. Damn he was raising.
Speaker 1: Happened.
Speaker 3: If you'm raising the whole house, I think I think you know.
Speaker 1: If we're gonna see you, right, that's hilarious.
Speaker 4: Eddie Murphy or Damon Wayne's Eddie Murphy.
Speaker 6: I love Damon shout to Damon A's one of the goats. Eddie though all day long, I think I think Damon with.
Speaker 3: Shoes right right, super underrated be he always was being a bee.
Speaker 1: But is it Eddie who perfected the leather outfits.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna tell you when you see me on Specials doing and I got leather pants, honor Eddie, Eddie. Every time that I every time, every Special you see me, I got a pair of leather pants on and I do it in honor Eddie.
Speaker 1: Do you remember when you first met Eddie?
Speaker 3: Yo?
Speaker 6: Yeah, when I met Eddie, Dogg. I'm gonna tell you that ship. I'm gonna tell you real quick. Two times I met Eddie. The first time I met Eddie, I was walking to this party that they was having for dream Girls. As I was walking through the door, Eddie was leaving. He was walking out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he stopped at the door and he said something.
Speaker 6: In the whole room started laughing and I was just standing like out the way. But then I leaned into him and I was like, hey, man, you're gonna see me again, dog, and he just looked at me. I was like, okay.
Speaker 3: Cut to Netflix.
Speaker 6: They have these parties every year for like anybody's like nominated for any kind of award. They had these dinners right where they have like all comedians, not a lot of comedians. It's probably like twenty comedians.
Speaker 1: So it's not Netflix. It's not a joke.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, Netflix is a joke and Netflix, right, that might be about fifty comedians, right. And Eddie we was there, and Eddie walked in that motherfucker right, and I seen him and I was like, oh, ship, they go, Eddie.
Speaker 3: So I kind of put my head down and I was chilling.
Speaker 6: But everybody was at Dave Kevin, I mean, anybody that's like, anybody was in this motherfucker right, And Eddie walked around spoke to everybody, and then he walked right up to me and was like, hey, dog, I'm a fan, man. And I was like, don't say that, dog, and he was like, now for real, he's like I am.
Speaker 3: I said really. He was like yeah, man, and he's I may keep doing your thing. I appreciate the way that you do and your style and everything. And at that moment I told him, I said, man, whatever you need, dog, I don't care what it is you want me to write. Now, I ain't charging you nothing. Just let me come rock with you. Let me show you what I can do, whatever you need. He was like, all right, cool, thanks And.
Speaker 6: After that, man, that was that was that boosts my morale. So I'm gonna let you know to all the legends. Man, when you go when you say some ship like that to anybody even like him seas and ship like singers, when the legend just you merely going, you appreciate somebody that would take that person's work ethic to a whole another page of stuff. No, absolutely, so any legends out there, man, definitely give people they love. Man, if you if you really, if you really fuck with them whatever, because I went on a whole another page after that, and.
Speaker 1: Especially people coming up as legends to show love apps.
Speaker 3: Absolutely absolutely yes, yes.
Speaker 6: Before we keep going and actually not real quick and then after that cut to about two years later, I did a movie with him, did a movie called You People.
Speaker 1: The Jewish Got Ye.
Speaker 6: When I did a scene with him in there, yeah, j hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was John the Hill yep. And I did a scene in the movie with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I played the wedding plan in the movie. Yeah, I was like setting the wedding up for them. Yeah, well Lord London, yep. So it all came full circle.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: So shout out to Eddie standing in part Eddie, Eddie, you.
Speaker 3: Do a movie with Eddie. Eddie do his coverage.
Speaker 6: And we did Eddie's coverage and then they was turning on my coverage right, And so we came back and sat down and I'm like going over my lines and waiting to do the move, do the scene with him, and this dude just sat down.
Speaker 3: I was like, are you ready? And I'm like, well yeah, and he's like hen coming. I said, so what you're doing. He's like, I'm doing Eddie's part. I said, okay, So I did my scene.
Speaker 6: So he does his scene without no Eddie's large after Eddie coverage.
Speaker 3: He gone, you don't see that anymore.
Speaker 1: Like his shot because people don't know when.
Speaker 6: The camera turned on the other person if it's like over a shoulder or something that.
Speaker 3: Ain't his shoulder.
Speaker 6: Eddie Schiller, but he's Eddie Murphy's about Yeah. So it was honor when we did you people to actually go back and forth with him in a scene because a lot of people don't be in a scene with him, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So It was a great shout out to the legend Eddie Man.
Speaker 4: Who would you say your inspirations comic inspirations.
Speaker 3: Man, mine go all the way across the board.
Speaker 6: I mean, Eddie definitely read Fox, Moms, Mayble, Ellen, Degenerous, Mitchefburn, George Garland.
Speaker 3: Like Man. I just like detail. I'm a detailed comic.
Speaker 6: Like even with my comedy, it's more like observational humor, you know what I mean. It's not like I do a lot of topical stuff. Anything you see in my specials. I'm not really talking about too much that's going on at the moment, and I don't.
Speaker 3: Do political stuff. But it's very you know, very like.
Speaker 6: Yeah that could relate to and very observational type stuff or whatever. So those people are those kind of comics, you know what I mean. And so I mix it all in with the fearlessness of Richard Pryor and even Dave. You know, I've been on tour with Dave a few times and just watching him every night, just watching d get down. D it's probably you know, one of the messiahs or the Messiah right now, because he don't have no sponsorships, he ain't got nobody got as nothing.
Speaker 3: He ain't got nobody answer to this.
Speaker 6: So he can do he can do things that other people can't do, you know, and that's why he's important.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 13: So how did you feel about when Kat was going and uh, when Dave was one that cat was saying what he said on Shanna Shark. Uh you said when day went that cat? Yeah, when he was like kind of clapping back, he felt like Cat was, you know, stepping on a lot of cars.
Speaker 6: I was there that night, we was at d RAS Wrong. Yeah, I was on stage with him. I think he was just giving his rendition. You know how he felt, you know, he felt like, you know, we we need to be working together, you know what I mean, Like we comics, Like what were out here doings? Yeah, act like rappers is crazy and it's like, you know we we comics, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean.
Speaker 6: And so he was just basically saying like if you had a problem, just call somebody whatever, you know. But uh, you know, it just happened the way that it happened or whatever, you know. And I think the one thing that tripped me out about that whole interview with Shanna Sharp was all this stuff Kat was talking about was old as fuck, like this had been out there, like how did everybody? How did it blow up like that? On this interview? I never really got that, but because it was all old information, you know what I mean. So to see that happen, it blew my mind, you know, but it is what it is.
Speaker 1: When the cash defense Cat really don't do interviews or really talking.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but he has Okay, you know what he has talked about that?
Speaker 1: Well do you explain that the whole Diddy thing? Then?
Speaker 13: You know where he's like twenty twenty four? You know, did it going down? And did it went down in twenty twenty four? How do you if it's all, oh, how do you explain that conspiracy?
Speaker 1: Right? Then?
Speaker 3: How the fuck you mixed Diddy? That was sharp?
Speaker 1: It was on interview?
Speaker 3: So what he said he's about Cat talking about it, Yeah, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 6: That's his experience and ship, you know. Like I worked for Diddy for like three months? Was it hosted the Billboard Awards and I wrote them me and a couple of other rights the monologue. Yeah, so I wrote, But I ain't seen none of that ship that everybody's talking about. You've been around, did you see any of that me neither. I didn't see anything nothing at all. So, I mean, you know it was all good. You know that's around all Kelly too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you see nothing nothing?
Speaker 1: It doesn't exist.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know, respect saying I didn't see the.
Speaker 1: Victims jabs moving face on love.
Speaker 3: Huh oh ship them two of my guys. Ship that's a that if you say both, that was really I guess it's both shot. Yeah, well.
Speaker 1: You want to show called drink Champs, water champs. Come on, we're gonna get your flowers. Goddamn it. You got show tonight. You don't have to show tonight. No, yeah, do you do know? Okay, go ahead. That was hot. That was That was hot as fun was hot. It was not socky. I got to wake up and run, you know, run the New York City Marathon.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's the reason why I'm doing this diet drink. So when they said they said, wanted excuse me, mister Cole, I don't know what. I stopped drinking, right, okay, stop drinking. It was like he ordered Badka with Sosay, they got it wrong. I was like so much to say, I know I used to drink that. The diet drink like, yeah, I mean when you trying to finish, I stopped.
Speaker 6: I stopped drinking for a couple of months. Now I got to get ready for this uh project?
Speaker 1: Was it the younger doing some marble project? Younger me to stop drinking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I can get ready for this thing.
Speaker 1: You better play a super hero.
Speaker 3: No, I just need to look different. Okay, that baby got swoll you used to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he noticed that.
Speaker 3: I'm so confused. I ain't only questioned it no more.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna handswer anything. Okay, thank you. I look now you look amazing. Thank you, sir. You a little you're a little blurry, but you're amazing. That's you anywhere. Girl. He got ask girl, he got he got girl.
Speaker 3: That's so, that's so for I know, I mean he's very I used my old spice.
Speaker 1: My next six, and then the girls didn't come after the old spikes, like like, yeah, so your spike take that from Teddy Cruz, Teddy Crew.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna tell you. They was like, you know what, there's like we're looking for. You know, we've been having a lot of guys with muscles and stuff.
Speaker 1: So when you saying Teddy Creus youre talking about to do from Friday, yeah, or the dude that try to get his guy's nuts with the.
Speaker 6: He was in White Chicks yeh yeah on Friday, yeah Friday yea yeah, yeah yeah yeah, there was like yeah, we had a lot of guys and muscles and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was old Gust right before ours.
Speaker 1: It was the due on the horse.
Speaker 3: It was doing the horse Terry and mean Terry. Terry was with him like eight years really so far mine has been about seven.
Speaker 17: You've been an old spice nikka for seven years, if you want to call it. Everywhere I go, somebody like give me some supper, Like I.
Speaker 1: Don't just got it in my pocket. Don't you going some old spies.
Speaker 3: With you?
Speaker 1: Like brother, next time?
Speaker 3: Next time you. I started using old spies because of you.
Speaker 1: A lot of a lot of people, but a lot of people we cut off old spies because you started walking with old English. Yeah, old English that I got. So we started working. But then we didn't know the old spice with brothers. When they came back to what the brothers and then I didn't see the Terry Crews. I'm sorry, Terry Crews. I seen the dude on the horse that he looked like moved off. I just looked like, I don't know. He let he pray a lot, like I don't know who you pray too. But but then but then I see you there and I was like, it's either Old Spice fucked up or they made the best decision in the world and they made the best come on, because because we're off from the hoods and we know that Old Spice is like it's a staple. Right, where do you where'd you at when you get the call? And did you hang up on the first call them from Old Spikes like Jackson?
Speaker 6: They they hit me, like I said, they were sitting up like man, we we we We had a lot of guys with muscles and stuff, and I was like, we just want like an every day, next door, every day kind of guy.
Speaker 1: And it was like, you know, did you take that as nigga not with muscles?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I guess I ain't got.
Speaker 6: But they were like, man, you were doing I mean, I ain't trying to like name drop or whatever. But they was like, you did all these like really quirky characters like on Blackish, Rangie Tribecco, all the ones I was doing on coning and they just was like, man, this tould be a fit. So they flew me out to portrait you. They flew me out there.
Speaker 3: I shot all these weird commercials, throwing rocks, catching fish out the lake, my team, you know, solid trees with beavers and ship It was like all kinds of stuff. And when I got back to the States, this guy named Omar I was like writing for them and he was like, yo, what you think about this campaign? And it was like, uh manhatt skin too, and I was just I was like, yeah, that's interesting. He's like we should try it.
Speaker 6: It's like all right, then we shut out your commercials about my girl gabbing Gabriel and the shout out to Gabriel, Dennis whatever, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah we did.
Speaker 6: We knocked it out and boom, yeah no I did. I was gonna blow up like that and then went crazy and after that we just no, you don't never know those things. You just go do ye no, yea, yeah, both right, think about it.
Speaker 1: No, No, you don't know. I agree with you because you know you know what that like this is, you know, for lack of a better turn. I don't want to die. Anybody who else had the position prior to you, but it's two days one. You can smell the street coming off with you. I sorry, sorry, I don't mean that. You can smell like regardless from the streets or not. You can smell like you've been Yeah, you have free lunch, right, you know what I mean? Like you can and then you can what I mean, So you can see that. But then you can see like Old Spice actually did their due diligence and they seeked out a person that can resonate in a white neighborhood. Yea good here, yeah, Puerto Rican neighborhood. We don't know if you're Dominican or not, you know what I mean, We don't know, We don't know up in the air for a couple of years saying the water fish like did you based on just start spreading room. But that's that's that's it's kind of crazy.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, you can kind of see why it would blow up though, right because you know, you know.
Speaker 3: But you don't know, you know what I mean, You know, you just do it and then you hope that because because the.
Speaker 6: Thing is is that we we did the commercials they were known for, which was very weird, quirky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you were you were going with this was waiting on that thrill got so to.
Speaker 1: Come back and came out to No, they never came out so to come.
Speaker 6: Back and they go, hey, we've got a man that skin too, and and none of the quirky in your mind.
Speaker 3: Going like this is better. Wait a minute, No, I didn't know.
Speaker 6: I was just going on, man, how they're going to how they're gonna take this because we're not doing what they normally do. So yeah, I was worried, like but then when it blew, I was like, oh ship like damn like like.
Speaker 1: This because you shifted there the whole style.
Speaker 6: Man, Yeah, it was crazy. So man shout out to shout it. Come, I wear the wolf, the one with the wolf on that werewolf one like the one with a.
Speaker 7: You see.
Speaker 1: Special algorithm.
Speaker 3: I got.
Speaker 1: Canna get over that. I got the bear cloth and someone with a wolf on it. You don't know that I made the bootlegs quite okay.
Speaker 3: Alone.
Speaker 1: Donald Tree is not a Donard no more right, No, it's not.
Speaker 3: Fifty now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bocus on fief man. We're still doing quick time.
Speaker 4: I don't think you answered, Dave Chappelle, Martin.
Speaker 3: Lawrence, Dave Chappelle or Martin Lawrence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's very interesting.
Speaker 1: That's what I might want to take a drink for that.
Speaker 3: You took that take because because because okay, I'll take it with you. Because uh uh, David is just Dave Man. Martin is a legend. You know.
Speaker 6: I'm sure with both others, and they both great. Shout out to Martin. Shot today with Mark to throw that out there, you want to throw that out.
Speaker 1: I tore with neither, all right. But I did go to Dave Chappelle concert three nights in a row, the one with the rules. Mm hmmm. You was in the Yellow Springs, No Hollywood, Florida right here and you and no, no, no, and not got to see how a comedian perfects their special. So one night it was like it was like dope, but it was like all right, But then the next night he delivered the same jokes with a different intensity. And then on the third night it was like, yeah, I wish rappers could do that, like like you like, that's suppose I can give you a rhyme and like I say that bar is not good. It's over once I throw this ship out right right right right, but the comedian and you motherfuckers are cheating.
Speaker 3: In a good way.
Speaker 1: What I mean. What I mean by that is you can test the product out, realize that that's not working, and change it prior to the actual product dropping.
Speaker 6: But here, but but but let me let me don't have that. But let me but let me, let me let me hit you at this. You can do your song for the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: Though that's we can't do what I'm saying yourself.
Speaker 6: I wish somebody, I wish I could do a show and people in the audience to be like, do the water on the floor, and I'd be like, all right, this is going out to you.
Speaker 1: Black people.
Speaker 3: If you ain't got water on your floor, I'm leaving.
Speaker 1: Everybody.
Speaker 3: We can't do that ship. We can't do none of the ship that we do. And you came up in like the Peppermint Lounge ship. I got booed out that motherfucker so many times.
Speaker 6: I mean one time I went in there, I was like, hey, they was like boom. I was like, why anytime I get booed I leave on a whole nother name and ship.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm turning out that son sitting at the bottle you up with a ride like home after you get booed. Ship, ain't no ride like that?
Speaker 1: Jack, no radio because your homies, your homies is not trying to like say that you did good. How does this pop do bad?
Speaker 3: My people be like this? It was them them dogs on the trip. They get it right all the way home. No radio when sheld wife was no rain, just ride. Comedians don't do good. They always say, uh, give it up for the ladies to give away. You come and give it up for the ladies.
Speaker 1: Know that they should ain't work Just crazy, crazy crazy? Why they tell you that ship that should is bob. I heard you say you say to night you smoke with for McCartney. Uh, we went on stage, you bombed. But you said that you heard Paul McCartney. Uh, because I ain't laughing.
Speaker 3: I ain't smoked weed and performed in years.
Speaker 1: But bigger than that, Not only you heard Paul McCartney laugh, you heard your other comedians like that's all I heard.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 1: So now now let me ask you something. Right, is that traditional as your friend to say, oh, you're having a bad night. I'm gonna laugh at this. So I am I supposed to be like as your friend like and like just let you ride that out, and that's very hairy.
Speaker 6: I have people laugh, and it seemed like they laughing at me instead of with me and ship. So like that night, I'll do a joke, and I'll do a joke Dad, and the whole room be quiet, and then I just heard Paul go and my other friend like ah, and then that to be it, and so I have to just move on to the next joke and then the same thing. It was terrible, But I really don't know because if the room is just dead quiet, I think that's why they made some kind of noise, because.
Speaker 3: The room is just dead.
Speaker 1: For McCartney's Dead a black comedy show.
Speaker 6: Just as starstruck, Paul was dying laughing that I was doing bad because he wasn't because everybody catered him so much. And I ain't changed my material up to just kill, because I could have just killed and did all my old ship that killed, right, but that would have took away what the night was about. The night was about me doing new material. I'm at the improv all the time, going new material, so in the lab room, the little room, so I wasn't gonna let Paul take away from me doing what I was there to do, you know what I mean. And I think he felt it that I wasn't trying to appease him because I brought him on stage. At the end of the night, I told everybody what I did bad. I was like, man, I smoked with this dude I ain't smoking thirteen years and performed.
Speaker 3: I was like, and he got me.
Speaker 6: All fucked up, and I was like, Paul, come up here, Paul can Paul came up there, and I just was like putting them in the headlock and punching them and ship.
Speaker 1: Like you got me high? High did you have?
Speaker 6: But most people would be like this, And I'm like, this motherfucker, you know what I mean. And I think he appreciated, Like, Yo, it's a real moment. I'm like treating him real, you know what I mean. But yeah, I bombed tremendously getting high with him or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ba McCarty.
Speaker 6: I mean like I haven't seen him since then, but that night, Yeah, we ain't switch numbers this ship, but that night that night, man, we hung hung. It was crazy. I'm like, man, this is like a Baul McCarty have security. No, he had one dude with him, this dude named Mike, that round with him. It was just him and Mike rolled up. Did he rolled the blunt? Yeah, it was already rolled.
Speaker 1: Okay, was already already been already already.
Speaker 13: Yeah, what a Poe McCartney head. Did that joint lace though? You never thought about that?
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 3: I smell. I smelled. He was smoking late.
Speaker 6: He had he had some gas gas he had real Paul had gas jack. He was sucking around.
Speaker 1: Negative man to be.
Speaker 3: Anywhere, even if it was this morning. We're gonna let it.
Speaker 1: That's the best story ever. The king a real real Yes, uh, Miketer, Chris Tucker.
Speaker 3: I love them both.
Speaker 6: But I've been knowing Mike Longan and Chris, so I'm just gonna say that I think Chris is one of the most phenomenal talents that we have. I just been knowing Mike forever, legendary ship and yeah, it's just yeah, my man, Mike. Mike is just at my house too. A couple of few weeks ago, and shout out to Mike Apps.
Speaker 1: You bought Big Boy House.
Speaker 14: I did.
Speaker 3: I bought Big Boy's House. Yeah, of course in l a.
Speaker 1: Big Boy from big Boy, which big Boy on the radio radio?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, shout out the big boy, big Boy.
Speaker 1: That's not big at all.
Speaker 3: No, not no more, no it used to be big Boy. Yeah yeah. Sold it for a lot of money too, more than you got it for.
Speaker 6: I sold it during the pandemic, Oh yeah, because they couldn't get materials in the country like wood and screws and ship like that.
Speaker 1: Let's keep it going. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like this.
Speaker 6: First of all, I had this car, right and I had it for two years. And I looked online and they sold the same car that I had for like an extra one hundred two hundred thousand, And I was like what And I called them up and they was like, man.
Speaker 3: We're looking for these cars right now. Gave him the car. I was like, y'all could sell it. Made one hundred thousand on it, and I drove it for two years though, because they couldn't get him in the country. So I was like, this, shit, what else can't they get in the country?
Speaker 6: And I found out they couldn't get wood and screws and metal and shit like that in the country.
Speaker 3: So houses was skyrocketing.
Speaker 6: And this guy was like, you might as just sell your house, and I was like, I'll see and I put it up out of there like so during the pandemic pandemics a month fu.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're a genius, bro I mean, you mean all the more about all that, but you know, I fly under it. I fly under the radar.
Speaker 6: Jack, I'll be chilling, like chilling shots out all they is just chilling, like you know, I don't. You know, I ain't an emotional cat, you know what I mean. I ain't want to what you say. All you brought all my information out there. Yeah, your emotions to keep you broke. I slide totally different.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: I don't text emotional. I don't text email with emotions because that go from a tangible thought to actually I mean you having a thought to something tangible that somebody can touch and hold that you thought and felt, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So why even type that ship? You know what I mean, I don't do none of that.
Speaker 3: Slide a little different, you know, and just stay out of everybody way and shit, you know, especially nowadays, you got you got you gotta lay low.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 18: What's billionaire problems? You said, what what's billionaire problems? Billionaire problems? Billionaire problems and what things that broke niggas can't do that billionaire people can do.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't really know.
Speaker 6: I ain't been around a lot of billionaires, only being around one or whatever. But uh, I know, rich people's job is to floss. Broke people's job is to critique. And that's what happens. Is many times I've been broke sitting on the corner and somebody ride by some and and a cadillact with vogues, and I watch it and I'd.
Speaker 3: Be like, you know what I do. I changed the tires on that.
Speaker 6: Critiquing this man ship, you know what I mean, but dreaming though it ain't even really critiquing.
Speaker 3: It's dreaming and ship, you know. So yeah, that's just how I came up in Chicago whatever the other day.
Speaker 1: Right, not flossing, but I came onside my property, right, I came on something of my property. I seen a person that didn't have a home. Uh huh. He was right on telling my property. And I wanted to say something so bad out there. Yeah, then I realized I had to manage my blackness. What I'm looking at? This guy came downstairs to look at the beach the same way I came to look at the beach. He just happened to be adjacent close to my problem, right right right. I wanted to walk over there and be like the fun. But then I remember, yes, sometimes you get the man.
Speaker 3: Your blackness sometimes, you know, like I took off my.
Speaker 1: Slippers and I made contact with a guy basically he kind of like left. I don't know if I don't know if I was meaning at him, well, if I was just regularly just looking at him. But I was proud of myself. I had your number. This time I would to hit you and say I.
Speaker 3: Managed watching yourself right.
Speaker 1: Yes, Then you got to when's the last time you had to watch your blackness?
Speaker 3: Shuh? I remember one time, not on No Flaw Ship. But I'm just tell you what.
Speaker 6: I got got nominated for Emmy right, and went to the Emmys. No this when I was writing for Conan, and I was just so happy being from South Side Chicago, sitting in the Emmy's looking at my name on the screen, being nominated, right and forever. They can't never take that away from me that I'm nominated. Yeah, So I'm thinking that to myself. I'm like, they can never take that away from me. My title for now one is Emmy nominated writer Dion Cole.
Speaker 1: Right, you got it wrongated.
Speaker 6: Know what, But I'm thinking that, right, I'm thinking this in the audience. I'm just like, wow, this is great. I got the toxtedo on. I'm feeling good. Left, went to a bar, right. I used to smoke cigarettes. Right, So I go outside and I'm smoking a cigarette and I'm standing outside and I'm just reflecting.
Speaker 3: Man, Yeah, I used to smoke. I used to smoke.
Speaker 6: Uhm, no, no, no, they like newports, but they.
Speaker 3: Were marble, marble, marbleman thoughts.
Speaker 1: Marble the cowboy killing.
Speaker 3: Your thoughts. I smoke the green, the green and white man.
Speaker 1: You get definitely navigated the white niggas. Okay. So I'm out there, I reflecting this ship.
Speaker 6: And as I'm sitting out there, feeling hot, feeling proud, I hate these keys jingling and I look over and these white with women are like this, you bring in my car around And I just looked and I was like, cause, I'm standing in front of the place with a tuxedo.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: So I'm like, bitch, I just got nominated for Emmy. The fuck is wrong with you. I'm not Valet, motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: And I was like, let me tell you another thing. And I had to manage my blackness at the moment. I was like, you have a nice day, bitch, and but yeah, that was that was when I have to like manage that ship.
Speaker 1: Go crazy. She thought I was a fucking Valet. Here, dead ass. This is in California, California.
Speaker 3: She was like, excuse me. I was like, I was just sitting there going, this is amazing. Wake up, nigga.
Speaker 6: Away, humble the hell out of Jack. I mean one time this girl was like this. I was sitting at this bar. This girl faked me out right. I mad as hell at the bar. This dude, this Asian dude.
Speaker 3: These two white girls walking me with the camera and it was like this, can I get a picture?
Speaker 1: I was like, god damn dog jay z he said Jason a little bit, but I took I grabbed.
Speaker 3: I grabbed the two girls and was standing there with an attitude. And the dude, it was like a man of us.
Speaker 1: He wanted to be in no want me picture.
Speaker 3: How humbling. I'm standing there hugging the chicks like this.
Speaker 1: And They was like who are you?
Speaker 3: And I was like, just give me the camera. But I thought they wanted to be oh ship. I was like, humble, be humble, you gotta be humble, said I was a real story. Uh he's like this, can you take a picture.
Speaker 1: I was like, fuck, get us.
Speaker 3: I was like, you.
Speaker 1: Anybody else stole a joke from you? Oh?
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, plenty of people stole jokes. What do you?
Speaker 1: What do you? How do you react to that?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 6: You just you go watch them and people that remix jokes to everything. Yeah, there's nothing you really can do about it.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: Back in the day, you you're a whooping motherfucker ass. Nowadays it's it's so hard man. If you post a joke, somebody gonna go right one just like it, or do the exact same joke.
Speaker 1: And uh, one of your specials. I think you said that you said it to a female and then you said you don't just post that on Instagram, you better tag me. You said that, especially like yeah bad that people will steal your ship? Yeah, and you tag you and not even like yeah.
Speaker 6: Like or what a lot of these people men doing too. They'll take your joke and write a whole skit on it. They'll do the whole skit on your ship, and not like giving you homage, like actually making it their skin. Yeah, but not even yeah, not even like tagging you into nothing like that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So you have a check the coming by the joke. Oh yeah, yeah. I mean.
Speaker 6: One time I was in Saint Louis. I was with my man and Kenny how and we walked in the spot. Yeah, we walked the shoutut to Kenny. We walk in the spot. Kenny got like twelve fifteen niggas with him. I don't even know none of him. I just know Kenny because I met Kenny up there and we walk in and walking in with all these dude dude on stage doing my joke, doing one of my dope jokes too.
Speaker 3: He got on stage. I was like, hey, motherfucker, what the fuck is you doing doing my joke?
Speaker 1: Dog?
Speaker 3: And he was like this, huh.
Speaker 6: I was like, nigga, don't look at you. Fucking hum me, nigga. I was like, why are you up there doing my ship? Don't what you're talking about? I say, you know who I am though, right? He was like yeah, I said, mother fucker, you.
Speaker 3: Know the joke. Motherfucker you did the verb babi? What the fuck is wrong with you? Nigga?
Speaker 1: He was like this, I ain't do that.
Speaker 6: Ship nigga behind him pulled out mother fucking nine right. I was like this, oh, Ship, these niggas.
Speaker 1: Got gone, ran down all the way, and.
Speaker 3: Ship ran out the door.
Speaker 1: He's definitely joke, Kenny.
Speaker 3: Come out the door and go he with us.
Speaker 1: With the gun.
Speaker 3: I was already in the park a lot, but I was like, Ship, I just kept running. They put the gun, but they put the gun on the dude. Yeah, they put the gun on the dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Like they put the gun on the dude like like like, yo, dude quick because he was trying to get off out out of the boys. Hey man, calm down again. I was like, but he ain't saying that. He just put the gun on them. I'm like, ran out the ship. I don't really, I really don't even perform in Saint Louis no more because of that. But I was so embarrassed, and all the comics constantly.
Speaker 3: Bring that ship up. It's like, bigger, you ran that from your own motherfucker with the gun. Ship.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I confront motherfuckers about the ship. But it ain't really nothing you can do about it. You know, what's your views on crowd work? I mean yeah, yeah, we talked about it. Yeah, like I just want balance, Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Let me ask for him real quick, do we still on QuickTime? Slow? D Rose or Michael Jordan. Michael Jordan's fame wise in Chicago right now, it's a big debate Michael saying Michael Jordan is hands down the bigger athlete, but they're saying that d Rose is the bigger star because he's homegrown. D Rose is from the streets definitely, and everybody everybody, everybody know him, and he is from the crib definitely.
Speaker 6: From Chicago, d Rose. If you're from Chicago, d Rose is the guy, right But as far as.
Speaker 3: Fame, yeah, and.
Speaker 6: Leading on team to championships and ship, Mike, Mike changes the economy. I don't know a lot of mothers who changed the economy.
Speaker 3: When they do the Lebron. I hate Mike.
Speaker 6: I hate Paris, and I'd be like, did Lebron change the economy? No, No, he ain't changed the economy. I could grow an AFRO if I wanted to, I could grow an afro. If if I really wanted to get braids, I can get.
Speaker 13: Curls all that ship. But because of Michael. But because of Michael, that's what I did, is keep it bad just because you know I got a headline.
Speaker 1: That's for something. You know, I got a headline, bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it is easy maintain too, right, Yeah, it's easier to main time. Look at it.
Speaker 1: He's sweating from here.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: He a different type of verson. Your sweat start from here. If you get like a hairstyle, that like God the devil with you. But last time you had a hairstyle, I had my ship like that came twenty twenty twenty doing in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 13: Years ago, about four years ago, and you know, I was like, I'm gonna try something different. I'm gonna try something different. I'm finish, jump out the window and see what everybody thing and whatnot? Yet Hey am my ship like jenir wine man baby hell all that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, baby yeah? I had the gospel sex numble, gospel sex number changing the game.
Speaker 1: You should just changing gospel six. That's hilarious.
Speaker 3: Come on, you can be fine as hell.
Speaker 1: I still go there. What's up?
Speaker 3: Ladies who love Jesus makes you know gospel sex sex right, that's funny though, Man, that should be a character.
Speaker 4: You like that?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 13: I got another character lined, uh superhero right, well, I know what you're thinking. Okay, yeah, you gotta stick.
Speaker 3: And he got a dog. The dog his name bitch.
Speaker 1: You know why why because because it's a girl. That's a girl. Yeah, the superheroes name. That's what the superhero's name.
Speaker 13: He's a blind comic, right, but by day he fights crime.
Speaker 3: Can the dog see.
Speaker 1: This is a dog dog the bitch can see the bitch.
Speaker 13: But if he loses the dog or the cane, and that's when he's most vulnerable, that's like it's gripping.
Speaker 3: He has to have his cane and his dog.
Speaker 1: The dog voice me, Stevie Wonder.
Speaker 3: I like the dog like matter of fact, matter of fact. The nickname is my sill More. And what do you think? This is getting so weird right now?
Speaker 1: I have no idea blind with blind lime for you got you got? I think what you're going with? That's crazy. Did you drink your champagne?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: One percent? Definitely.
Speaker 4: Robin Williams or George Carlin, George Garland. All right, let's try to go through quick jay Z a big daddy can jay Z shout out the cane yep, Cat Williams or Jamie Foxx, uh.
Speaker 6: Sucks the the the Jamie is so underrated. He probably one of the most underrated people on the planet. I mean he's phenomenal. We all know that, but he's more phenomenal than his phenomenalness, Like he's great.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, I forgot he was drinking them. Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Uh a woman this woman right?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Man, Okay, told me was mister Lee. I thought listen, Black Witness relaxed.
Speaker 3: There's no way.
Speaker 1: There's no way you're gonna thought that was mister Lee. There's no way, bro. Your vision is not that fun.
Speaker 13: Listen, listen, y'all heard me questioning my six willity right there.
Speaker 3: You said, I'm sorry, you said cat booty. I ain't never heard that about life.
Speaker 1: By cat.
Speaker 3: Cat.
Speaker 1: I apologize. This is a booty cat cat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't get them pregnant in that booty.
Speaker 4: Cat curve your enthusiasm or sid phone.
Speaker 3: A ah curve?
Speaker 6: All right, time felt is great, but curve I identified more black.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. They had a whole family called the blacks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not in that moment, and they did it during not covid Katrina, Hurrtane Katrina. They did and Fox was dating the Yallo like, yes, gave him something a little bit of that thing and then broke the Yeah she was d in the in the episode and you gotta dress, do you see? Motherfuckers? He was ready to start.
Speaker 3: I was like, Yo, what.
Speaker 1: Last one? I'm not going to give you. I'm not going to interrogate the witness. I'm not going to lead you towards the way. That's what I'm meant to say. Loyalty or respect. Loyalty. Loyalty will gain respect. You know, if you loyal to me, I respect you.
Speaker 6: Me respecting you without loyalty would take away the respect right.
Speaker 1: Loyalty. So let me ask you because I've been wanting to get this off my chest since earlier. Right, I believe we all spoke about how sometimes we don't work together, like I believe it started with the Blackest right, we were saying like Blackish, like if guys would have came together. So I'm saying moving forward right like we just had Jesse Therera Damn, you know, I don't know how to pronounce the last name.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: I love that. I love that. And then we just had releases, and then I got my boy script TV, right, and and I want to do this, this underground comedy, right call handballs balls or handball. I want to throw Yeah, I want to throw in the I want people to like it's flavoring, it's cool.
Speaker 3: Right, But.
Speaker 1: Immediately I realized that ham ball, the actual sport, is predominated uh by latinus right and in a great ratio. Right, But how do I do this? Immediately I said, you know what I want to be in Chris Pinson.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Chris.
Speaker 1: Immediately I was like, yo, I hate Chris Princer. I was like, yo, if I need something to block it up. I don't know if he never played handball in his life. I don't know if he even can relate to the Querto Rican Latin culture that's mixed with the black culture. That's the New York thing, right, the thing that I'm trying to do. But automatically, I wanted to pick somebody that I know that can translate the message that I'm trying to deliver. Is that me being naive or is that me being smart?
Speaker 3: No? You being smart. Okay, definitely absolutely, man, get somebody, Yeah, give him to come on.
Speaker 1: I hit him. I bothered him immediately on a Sunday. I didn't care. I was like here and he was like North whatever.
Speaker 3: He is the guy for okay, man, Chris Chris is don't get Chris.
Speaker 6: Chris don't never be off like he's always on shop, super shot, roast Master man. That motherfucker he put it together, he said roast Master. He ROAs show ass. He liked the Don Rickles real but he.
Speaker 1: Has like material, like he could sit right here.
Speaker 6: He can tell you a gazillion stories and anything you say, he gonna tag that ship like this.
Speaker 3: Like in a heartbeat.
Speaker 6: Yeah, anytime I do, like some type of award show or something like that, anythink that I'm hosting or something. Definitely called Chris to come help me out.
Speaker 1: Okay yea because immediately I was like, yo, you know what. I feel like I could provide the part of the Latin part and then you know, along with the other people that have but I was like, you know what, I have to put some spice on because if you're a black person that played had Bore, you was an elite black person that means that you knew both coaches, meaning you knew the Mexican culture, you knew the Puerto Rican coachure, you knew the Ecuadorian coach, you knew the Honduras culture, you knew the nukagre and culture, and you knew how to write gffiti in such so I wanted to do that. But what I said is, okay, I got everything that the lat the Latin Parker could like. And I was like, Yo, how can I make this? I'm sorry because I'm you know, I can say this everybody else fall back? How kind of nigga? This ship up a little bit some black inlants, but I don't represent just Puerto Rico. I represent the whole lat absolutely thing. Then I represent Gone No, I represent all the black ship too. So I said all right, and Chris Spencer was the only person and I hit him, I know, whatever time I hit him. He was like Norway's out of his and I was like, Yo, how fast can you write a script? And he was like it depends on you know whatever he said between me and him. But I was like, I want you to do it this way and like that.
Speaker 3: But he knew what I mean. He definitely did get that ship popping death. He is definitely the guy for you.
Speaker 1: Definitely. Yeah. So God comes down to you. Mm hmmm, God says, man, I want you to save humanity. So I got three choices for you. I got a person that's gonna direct your movie. I got a person that's gonna write your movie. I got a person that's gonna produce your movie. But your movie, and who you pick is on you. This is God, g O D. You're gonna save him? Man, who are you picking thirteen? He didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Y'all, but y'all to do the movie.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let me let me reiterate this ship. God comes down. He's like, He's like, like, you know your niggas is outside and tacos. God is God.
Speaker 3: Come down.
Speaker 1: He got he got the jewelry on, he got the he got the Richard Milly. You know what I man, God like yo, Man, I'm gonna give you a chance to save humanity. The director, the producer, the writer, and the writer. Now I'm gonna give you. I'm gonna give you a way out. No no, no, no no no, let me let you. I was gonna give your way out. But I was give him the way out. But let's see who you're going go, and.
Speaker 3: I gotta pick the three.
Speaker 1: Oh this is all you, right, you save humanity. It's all on you. You say Bibles forever. But if you funk up, you in the purgatory, you you out there with shake tam. Writer that I would get would be.
Speaker 3: Malik As. Malikas, I love him. I would get Malikas. Okay, who who?
Speaker 13: Okay, he writes some neighbors with sider entertain neighbors we say neighbors, neighborhood, the neighborhood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Malikas is one of the greatest minds.
Speaker 1: Neighborhood.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: I would get him to write. I would get him to write it, uh, produce it, I would get. I would get.
Speaker 3: James, Samuel James saying did the heart that they fall on.
Speaker 1: The Cowboy movie that jay Z and the Rock They said, yeah.
Speaker 6: I will get him, and then and then for uh for what was the other one that was right? Our director? I would get.
Speaker 1: Because what are your pictures so far? Producer? Okay?
Speaker 3: Now director director probably Coogler ran right, that's what choir?
Speaker 1: How about how about this? Let me let me throw your life raft? How about to collaborate together. How about that?
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 1: That's uh a great question because you know why, I'm gonna be honest with you. I'm gonna be honest with you, brot weird. But let me be serious for a second. That story. Me hearing y'all talking about Blackish. You know you're all comedians. So me hearing y'all individually talk about it or in this like little specs that you have makes me liaugh mm hmm. But me being human makes me not lie. Me being a human says damn. I wish we could have did that, because that's exactly what Bu Tang did right right. Wu Tang is essentially sound signed to Loud Records, and then said, but I'm a we're all gonna come together and you're gonna go over here. You're gonna go over here. You're gonna go over here because from Blackish went to grown Ish. U was a grown Ish too, right.
Speaker 3: I was doing grown Ash while I was doing Blackish. Kenya Bearish shout out to Kenyan Barris, shout out to Anthony Anderson.
Speaker 1: We heard your son of deal with.
Speaker 6: Yeah when it started, when they started growing and they came over to me and it was like, y'all, we're gonna start the show. It's gonna be almost like the like a different world, but it's gonna be with kids, and we're gonna use yaa shout out to y'all shy.
Speaker 3: And he was like, hey, you should.
Speaker 6: I think we're gonna have you come over there and just to make sure that it's that the take off and it's funny and ship, you know.
Speaker 3: And I was like this, I'm gonna be on that show, in this show. He was like, well, we're gonna. He's like, we're gonna, We're gonna, We're gonna make it happen. We're gonna make it happen.
Speaker 6: So they made me like a professor because in certain colleges, if you start uh some type of class or whatever, you could become a professor of your own, you know what I mean. You can just have your own class or whatever. So he was like, we'll have that, and that's what you will be in order for you to still do both or whatever. And I was like all right, So we did it. It took off, and man, I did about four years over there Grownish and then uh left and then still was doing Blackish at the same time.
Speaker 3: And just going back and forth, you know what I mean? So yeah, that was that was that was. That was a crazy time at that time. I was doing like three different shows at that time.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: Now one of my favorite things is you're talking to the fat people in the audience who me, yeah about you exited that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Did that harm?
Speaker 1: You know because you you looked at one point it was like stop eating that ship. That resonated to me. Anytime I'm about to, I'll just see you just stop me in.
Speaker 3: There like.
Speaker 1: No, I was like an old bit.
Speaker 3: I used to do it.
Speaker 1: I used to be like, uh, you know you're a bigger yeah yeah, yeah, super big. Yeah. I would like to before and after.
Speaker 3: I used to be like like like stop eating that ship, like you already know how to taste I stop.
Speaker 6: Eating stop eating that ship. You know, listen, you're getting fat on ship. You taste tasted before, you know what I mean? If you're gonna get fat doing those ship ain't never tasted before.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he eats SMP or not. He's a vegang. Well they keep catching him with shrimp, catching like like he cheat on with shrimp. I'm going to do it like there on the side of the.
Speaker 3: Whe's son.
Speaker 1: Yet he's you get them, get you you. I mean he's Rosaria that that's my family.
Speaker 3: But that's funny coming up.
Speaker 1: And it's just a.
Speaker 3: Lot like a little shells, little tails and ship everywhere. It's starting the out. You can get the gut, so more of it with it, like I'm want them.
Speaker 1: I'm nigga.
Speaker 3: You are hilarious guy, you be. You've been killing me.
Speaker 1: Die.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you that. I'm telling you I'm still thinking us gospel sex. Some of you don't do this gospel sex symbol is hilarious.
Speaker 15: I can't do this right now. And yeah, this means that to me really enough for I missed my twin.
Speaker 13: I'm so happy to be here with y'all right now for you to say that to me, because I know you had never seen me before in real life and whatnot, and.
Speaker 1: You had never seen him neither, big fan and the most respectful.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, I'm man keeping thinking about you doing and I appreciate that, and keep doing what you're doing though.
Speaker 3: You are hilarious. And what makes you funny, man, everybody's unique in their own way, and what makes you funny to me is the sincerity.
Speaker 6: I mean you almost it's like you don't mean no harm. You just saying what you're saying, and that's what makes you unique and dope. And you know that's that perspective because it's a lot of people out here that's funny, but I can't quote one of their jokes because that's all they are funny and their personality is and then it.
Speaker 3: So that's why I remember. I keep I keep repeating this that you said because it's funny.
Speaker 1: I love one of your skits with your friend.
Speaker 3: Don't cut this out. I need I'm here for this.
Speaker 19: Damn I have this ship, so damn fuck me up. Well, I wasn't on credit. I said, I wasn't keep me going.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, and I was.
Speaker 1: I had to sold down back and you fuck me up. Man.
Speaker 13: I love you so much, man, thank you for inviting me here. Man this man boy will I'll give you the rest of my eye for this opport. I don't know how to repay you. Man, he said that to me in front of people. It's gonna be on people gonna see it. I'm serious. Dog, hope you blow I mean you already blew up because you're the men you're tucking with them, so you're already large.
Speaker 3: But just man, don't don't stop being sincere because that's unique and I don't see that often and people that's funny. So keep that dog because that's man. You can go far with that. Just be sincere and be just what you are. And I promise you you're gonna these doors gonna open for you on for real.
Speaker 1: I see it. I can feel it. You feel like hugging. I get your hug. Yeah, oh, then you no more hugs. Learn I got a little too close. This is one main This is the last question. Right, I think I touched on it earlier, Right, but I kind of like want to be like not serious, but a little serious with this, right, So lets SUPs right now. Right, Let's suppose it's a person. This person leads out, falls down and dies or gets hurt. Right, most of us will sit back and say, oh, okay, if it's funny, as the person tripped, we'll say, oh, that was funny.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: If it's not funny and they tripped in a way where it's oh, it's horrific, be like, oh are you okay? Like whatever, whatever, But that's normal people. A comedian has to find something comedic out of everything. That's what I love about comedians, right from Marlon Wayne. From every time I see Marlon Wayn's every want ways to jump out and just he'll just rank on my friends, shout out my man. He'll just rank on my friend Sonny D. He'll look at D. He knows Sonny D could take it. That's him over that's him over there. And Marlon would just look at him and be like like, he won't necessarily rank on me, but he wrecking somebody close to me, and he'll just give it to him. M hm. And we were saying the too soon part.
Speaker 4: Now you're saying that find it something funny out of tragedy.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, that's the part I'm trying to think.
Speaker 3: It was so.
Speaker 1: Many different tragedies, right, And I looked at comedians to make these tragedies kind of make fun of it, but not fun of it, make light of it, but make light of it, right, So many of them. Like I went to a Kevin Hart show, who the fuck is there?
Speaker 3: Was you there?
Speaker 1: Sonny? We went to in l A, come on in LA remember that ship? And keV remember he gave up the pieces? I don't one to Yeah, I think so he gave up virtual pizzas at first, this was not real, Like I was from New York City. Don't tell me you got a pizza but me, and then you keep me out, like do you like the jokes?
Speaker 3: Nigga?
Speaker 1: I wanted the pizza. So what I'm saying this for comedians, right? It was so lost?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: What was the same before that? Because I'm trying to make this point.
Speaker 4: You were just trying to say how they find humor, trying to.
Speaker 1: Think, okay, my bad. So through all these travesties this happened. How the fuck do you make humor? And like, like I said, too soon, Yeah, somebody dies tomorrow. Like this is actually some comedians somewhere that's gonna be like, yeah, he mixed his fencing all wrong? Did he just say? I asked the question, is that going too far? Ever? Too far?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 3: Just it just all depends, man. You know, you got to try it out.
Speaker 6: You got to go try that ship out in front of some people, you know what I mean, if you rub them wrong way, then you know, you know, then if you don't think you don't.
Speaker 3: But there's a lot of people that that really put go far. And that's part of the act and ship.
Speaker 6: You know, one of my one of my guys man started with him and ship, Corey Hoke Gonna started with him in Chicago. Corey is one of the most offensive people in the game.
Speaker 1: But ambitious to see.
Speaker 6: But it's so funny that you can't even you can't even trip over what he's saying because it's so funny. It's like he about the only person I know who can be that offensive and that funny. He's funny, and it's like you're not even offended because you know it's not you, and people who are offended they comeing to comedy club all fucked up anyway and coming there being upset and feeling some kind of way.
Speaker 3: When it's like, you don't if that shit.
Speaker 6: Don't apply to you, then then on the part of you can laugh at it, you know what I mean, you know whatever he's saying. But he's probably one of the only guys that I know who can just be like that without no holds bar, you know what I mean. But myself I have to, like I have to way out what I say and what I do and how I say it.
Speaker 1: Because I heard you one time you said that you was gonna say a gay joke in LA and you were like, I was like, nah, nah, I'm not No.
Speaker 6: It just depends on Like what I don't want is I don't want gay people to feel like like you still hear me, motherfucker, you know, and you do things just like black folks do.
Speaker 1: So I can go on.
Speaker 6: Stage and just talk about black shit all god damn day long, but I can't talk about nobody else. I can talk about white people all day long, talk about Hispanics, but I can't talk about gay people like that ain't fair. It's like everybody can get it, you know what I mean. And I don't want gay people to be offended like that. I don't want you to know that you can get it just like it's just like everybody else can get it. You can get it, not not, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like I got hype too.
Speaker 3: I bet you, I bet you, I bet you're dang dash watching this Like.
Speaker 6: No, but I mean, like yo, everybody, everybody, everybody across the board is even. And I don't want nobody come to No Show feeling like I can't talk about you, but everybody else can be talked about. Don't ship through my show and watch me talk about sixteen niggas and then when I talk about you, you offended. So don't come in there with that attitude at all. Actually, don't even come if you if you you know, closed minded like that. You know, you come to open your mind, You come to have fun and hear some shit you don't normally hear, and that's what you paid to hear. And one person got to stop fucking up the show. For everybody else that can handle it, get the fuck out the clubs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just want to say to you, man, you're really a legend, you're really an icon. You really shift the culture. You really did everything they're supposed to do, and you continue to do it like I you know, when I when I do these interviews, I like to, you know, assess what I'm doing. And I watched every single you know, uh special And in comedy world, people don't get specials. Right, you got a fucking lot? Yeah yeah, and is classic thank you? No one gets classic specials three classic inflict.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, but thank you, but no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, no, you're right, you're right, you're right, But you know what, I want to thank you, because again, like comedy is better when you're out there.
Speaker 3: Man, I mean a lot, man, and I mean that you don't hear that often.
Speaker 6: And to hear it, I accept it from anybody that say that, because this is a thankless business, you know what I mean, because at the end of the day, you got to put us oute everything you're going through to go out there and make everybody laugh and shit. I'm not complaining and nothing, but I'm just saying I can get in a car accident my son and getting a fight, all that shit, anything, all that shit, and I still got to go, like make everybody laugh and shit, and then when I'm done, I go back to these problems and shit, you know.
Speaker 3: And so to hear people say nice things like that.
Speaker 6: Man, it means a lot. It booshed my morale to keep going. You know, people on hospital beds, people in jail, when they come up and they see us and they be like, man, thank you for doing that shit. You know, it make it worthwhile and shit. So I appreciate for the bottom part what you said.
Speaker 1: It bigger shit because you know why it's big into that because comedians won the world. I know, Beyonce girls won first. So let's calm down, not going to get the queen. But after that we need to laugh because even the queens need to lie.
Speaker 3: It's medicine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, it really is. It really is. And I want to, you know, show love to you and every other comedian that made us lie throughout this you know world of ours that we did it, that we navigated through and now we're here now. And yeah, with our comedy, we ain't ship.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 6: It's it's a tough business, but were out there making it happen for everybody. We're gonna bring it to you, and we're gonna bring you all that funny ship and we're gonna have no host bard and we're gonna mother fucking bring it to you by all means necessary. You come out to the show you support, you're gonna laugh, and you're gonna have a good goddamn time no matter what you're going through.
Speaker 1: Goddamn. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O.
Speaker 1: R E and dj e FN.
Speaker 4: Listen to Drink Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by yours truly, dj E f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials that's at Drink Champs across all platforms. At the Real Noria go on, I g at Noriega on Twitter, Mine is at Who's Crazy on I g at dj e f N on Twitter, And most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com.
Speaker 3: The Vision