Speaker 1: Big Bang. It is what it is. Screen. You don't be on nothing. I be on okay, So let me ask bring you big big facts.
Speaker 2: Visit the new website today Big factspod dot com line.
Speaker 1: For the Trap Music Museum.
Speaker 3: It's time for big Facts, Big Bank DJ Screen Baby Jay Special guest today is Hurricane Chris.
Speaker 1: Hurricane Chris pull it up on us on Big Facts. What's up with you? What's up with you now?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: What's good? Thanks for having me? Yep, appreciate you pulling up.
Speaker 3: For anybody who is not familiar with the one and only Hurricane Chris man, give him a brief rundown and who you are and what you got going on?
Speaker 1: My brother, I come from Louisiana.
Speaker 5: I've been doing this rap shit since I was like eleven, twelve years old, street part to be that street pulled the Louisiana to be exact, see the Grow east Side seventy third to be exactly. You know, I come from Grandma and earned my house. You do know what I'm saying. I'm earn my baby feel it's out and I start doing his music ship around living and twelve and it's something that just stuck with me.
Speaker 1: Signed a deal around sixteen, and man, you know, God been blessing me ever since the racials history.
Speaker 6: So take us back to like the very beginning. What was it like growing up in Sreeport? Like do you have brothers and sisters? Did you enjoy going to school? Like what were some of the things that you did? Were you in the sports like? Et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 5: It's crazy because one of my people was just asking me that earlier, who I'm getting a little more familiar with.
Speaker 1: She was asking me the.
Speaker 5: Same question, but like like a lady friend, nah, somebody who business? Oh in the room right now, okay? And I was like, you know, I really ain't. I ain't had no siblings when I grew up. I ain't had no no my parents ain't.
Speaker 1: Had nobody but me, me too.
Speaker 5: What y'all do like that I had cousins and stuff like me to I cousin and shit, Yeah, but I ain't never had brothers and sisters until recently. You know, I got a thirteen year old sister and then my daddy, my daddy actually they had kids that was older than me.
Speaker 1: Oh, but you just found out about him.
Speaker 5: I found out about him when I was eleven years old. I stand what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I didn't grow up with you. I grew up in the house by myself.
Speaker 7: Okay. And then what about like were you in the sports or anything.
Speaker 1: Or playing football? Yeah? I played football until I started doing music, you know. Okay, then I found out you know, I ain't even want to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay with the rap culture in the rap game. So you said you started rapping at like Helen about eleven. And then how old is your son? You got a son, your son eleven?
Speaker 1: So does he rap? He be freestyling, He be free styling, and he made beats. Okay, that's hard.
Speaker 3: So did that make you like smile, like, damn, my son gonna pick up while I left off or he gonna go crazy?
Speaker 1: In your head? You're like, man, you don't know, you might be getting to something that.
Speaker 3: It's a little bit of bullshit with this, like what's your what's your mentality towards that.
Speaker 5: I don't believe in guarding my child too much. He played football, so his head on collisions happened. He had a concussion already, so I ain't guarding him from the world. I'm kind of like I'm gonna push him in the pool. We're gonna we're gonna have to learn how to swim. So, you know, if it's something he passionate about, I'm gonna be passionate about him being passionate about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get it. It could behind the lines with his hands. You're just gonna tell him be the best glass. You know. I can feel that that's really.
Speaker 8: What's the gaps, Like, you know, like you'll come out drop then you have a gap for a minute and you drop some hard ship like while the gaps and like dropping the music.
Speaker 1: There'd be different reasons for different people.
Speaker 5: With me, my gaps is it's always been me hopping in and out of different business ventures with different people. And I went through a phase where I just wouldn't. I just wouldn't. I got, I gotta say clean words on you. Just went through a moment where I just really wasn't fucking with the rep shit.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: I took my bread and started playing with real estate and halfway houses and shit like that, and I got this thing about me. It's like I ain't gonna compromise myself too much for nothing. So if we have a too bad of an argument, I ain't never got no problem walking off from whatever it is we started. I ain't never got no problem walking off nothing whatever it is, however much we got into it. You know, if it ain't peace in my life, then I'm gonna walk away from it. Big money. I don't done that too real deer bread millions lift it on the table because it was killing me on the inside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so gaps. It can't be for different reason. You know, some time person it be mental for me. You know, it's always some mental with me. Yeah, so what you do what you do now?
Speaker 8: And like keep your mental in check to be like, man, how can you just not give a fuck what you feel?
Speaker 1: Like? Make you just not give a fuck about such shit? Well, really, I just keep myself away from individuals who don't give a fuck. Yeah, because I give a fuck a little too much. Why.
Speaker 5: I think the principles that was instilled in me as a young and a hard to break. I believe disrespect equals a respond fact. I believe you know, good deeds reward. You feel what I'm saying. So it's like I ain't breaking a bend in it. I gotta stand on something.
Speaker 8: You feel me, But don't you think that it's different, like when it comes to just being entertainer or you're saying like you're gonna bring like you can't look at.
Speaker 1: This, it's just business, and like adapt to business.
Speaker 5: Well, A lot of stuff that I walked away from was business. And if it was bothering me emotionally and draining me emotionally, I still walked away from it. One thing God blessed me with was the ability to go get some money, no matter where I was it on planet Earth. Filing lived in Louisiana, Atlanta, Dallas, California, places I ain't never been too popped up, and I made it happen every time I popped up.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm.
Speaker 1: So, I ain't scared to walk away from that, and I just ain't scared, but I ain't. I don't know what it's like to not be no hustling.
Speaker 5: Go get some money, my daddy, That's all he did. So it wasn't one way to skin a cat with me. You know, I'm ana find a mythic regardless to go get me a bag, a real deal bag.
Speaker 1: Shit. I ain't letting nothing compromise who I am.
Speaker 5: I can't sleep at night if me and you haven't bad blood between each other, but we're supposed to be business partners.
Speaker 1: And you done say some shit to me.
Speaker 5: That I really feel like it's offending me. You have told me something in an argument. You know, you feel what I'm saying like I can't sleep at night so bad.
Speaker 1: So you're saying basically like, I gotta do's associate myself from you and don't talk to you no more. If I feel like you're bringing me out of my comfort zone, I gotta just walk off. I ain't scared of you, I'm scared of me. You know what I'm saying. So you gotta learn that, and you gotta learn, you know, learn yourself, learn your triggers and your and get the fuck out the room. You feel like you're about to lose it. You know that's what I'm on.
Speaker 5: Hey, you're right, I'm wrong. I'm a holledge been. I'm gonna go you did, Yeah, I know how it's gonna end up. I know you're saying both sides of this ship.
Speaker 1: It ain't nothing. I'm trying to prove to nobody it did. I'm trying to go home. I want you to go out. Yeah, I'm protecting my energy I'm protecting my You know, if I fuck with the wrong people, they might take my passion away.
Speaker 5: From wanting to be involved in certain things. So I don't let people contaminate what I'm involved. You can't contaminate this because you might take my passion away from this. Come sharing my ideas with you, and you got a dry ass response. Don't even acknowledge how much it too for me to come up with this now, I you know that my energy is being deflected and sent into the sky instead of being sent back to me.
Speaker 1: You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It's doing me more harm then it's doing good to be around you trying to talk to your stupid ass. I understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Straight up.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You get a lot of feedback for people saying like and this has been happening over the years, like man, hurricane Chris can can go like and rap like with the best of them type ship.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So with that, with that coming up, and I know this is a EO questions for a lot of people that you feel like sometimes like throughout the span of your career, even underrated or slept on.
Speaker 5: I mean, the people who know me, they know what I do. Of course, there's always people who get overshadowed by the big singles and ship the labels put out.
Speaker 1: They put out A Bay Bay Halley Beard hand clapped. These were some of the biggest songs, rightbe one of the biggest songs in hip hop. Give us the story behind it because one of our staff people thought it was about a girl. I mean, I didn't understand like when I made it. Yeah, yeah, this is the whole story. In premise of I was in the club.
Speaker 5: We was getting drunk, and I heard that. I heard everybody in the club going, hey, hey, bab.
Speaker 1: Was this the club that DJ Baby was in? Yeah, So when I get to the studio that night, I say, man, I'm finn to make a song. It's gonna be called Babe. But what I finela do, I'm finna change it into you know what we say in the club white folks, gangsters and the thugs stunned with a stack of them dubs riding in the back with a mug A Bay Bay. It's just it means it's lick. You understand what I'm saying. That's why in the song you heard me say when I see a bad chick I'm hollering out the baby, hope y'all ain't with your boy friends because I don't call it. So let's not get this shit fucked up.
Speaker 6: Baby is the littest, biggest nigga in Dallas.
Speaker 1: No, but he.
Speaker 7: Knows what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: When we was in the club.
Speaker 5: When we was in the club, baby, it was djaying, that's when they were screaming out right. My mindset was, I'm gonna take what they're doing in my city and make it to what the world can.
Speaker 7: Understand a universal witness.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So for the people who don't know who that.
Speaker 7: Is, like this bitch right here, white.
Speaker 1: Folks, gangses in the thug. If you stunned with a stack of them dugs, if you're riding into I'm gonna reach you some kind of way.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Baby, shout out the hall Dalla's crew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, detail they live right now. I don't really. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So what's some of what some of the highlights outside of like the massive big records and ship with Like, what's some of the other highlights of your on the music side of your career, Like rooms you don't been in, niggas, you don't be able to.
Speaker 1: Chop it up with with some Hurricane Chris highlights. We'll be talking forever.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm blessed to have been in some of the brightest rooms, you know, with some of the brightest minds. Shut a lot of knowledge, you know, and I try to soak it up as much as I have to soak it up. If you put me around some game trying to shut up and turn myself to a sponge, you might think I ain't engaging because I ain't talking, But I'm really trying to make sure my ears open. I believe in listening with my ears and not with my mouth, not about talking. You feel what I'm saying. So a lot of the rooms I've been in, man, it's it's been a blessing of being from from the Clyde Davis's to y Clift John calling me saying they pull up in my house for this New Year's We about to eat New Year's dinner.
Speaker 1: My daughter love your music. I just wants you to come by with us. It's hard and I'm gonna throw you a bag, throw your thirdy recks. Yeah, you know, just.
Speaker 5: Because I know you probably had something that you could have been doing just with chilling with me and my family.
Speaker 1: Let me show you this house. It's a mansion. This thing worth probably five ten ms. But this this is just the guest house. And you walk me through the maize and then it's the real mansion. It is Whye club, John, that's hard. Yeah, this is crazy in New York with is this like speaking in a white house? So I mean, and coming from where I come from. That's I'm sitting here thinking to myself like, damn, you come from East Cee the Grove seventy third. My house looked like the trap museum for real, for real? Well we just was it sitting in a room in a trap museum. That's what our house will look like. Roaches from real plastic on the couch, Rat traps under the table, you stick your hand under that, get your hand, rad traps for the rats. Yeah, from the slums like that. So I can relate.
Speaker 7: So let me let me ask you this, since you're fully aware of.
Speaker 6: The value of rooms and knowledge and all that kind of stuff, would you take the dinner or would you take the five.
Speaker 1: Hundred thousand already been in the rooms? I'd be crazy as what you said. Again, I think jay Z will call you stupid today. He said, why would you? It would be they're gonna take.
Speaker 5: That money, would set with somebody over five hundred.
Speaker 1: I'm one hundred thousand, I'm not. I would love to sit with jay Z m hm, but a hundred thousand.
Speaker 5: You got a family. I love jay Z, but I got a family. You know what I'm saying. I'm putting it up in the banking hopefully. Look, we're gonna buy some jay Z tickets and pay for vi P. We're gonna pay for backstage tickets and meet them like that. You did Finna all.
Speaker 1: Bet he give me a hundred I'm gonna see if I canna pay fifty of it to me twenty five. You know what I'm saying, half for me and he might meet you for a quarter million, you feel me? I guess the weird thing.
Speaker 8: What we're gonna talk about, What we're gonna talk about, because I ain't never said people not without meeting jay Z. No, you know, I'm not saying they have to specify what sitting down with him come with, right, Because if he's telling me, okay, ump into your secret that you can make five hundred million in ten years, fuck the fire for sure, because he might do know the secret. But if it just I'm in there like trying to make conversation for somebody. We know, we know the secret.
Speaker 1: We have been to give up. If you give it up, what are the secrets of ship you're already doing?
Speaker 8: You just say hit somebody my cheek cold, like when you leave here and the other day you're gonna have the same money you turn down.
Speaker 5: You've seen the space jam when they thought it was special stuff and then water botter and they weren't number water.
Speaker 1: Already. You know, man, you know where we're from. And end of the day that just like playing cam, Yeah, come on, who's doing nobody? I could do something with the paper.
Speaker 7: Let me hold on, let me see hold on, hold on, hold on, like, ain't going for that?
Speaker 1: All due respect I love, yeah, a lot of respectful whole Yeah. I just want the bag. Yeah, I want me to have the bag straight, right? Take anything else about when I got.
Speaker 3: So you talked about some of the highest but what's some of the extreme lows, maybe to the point where you just was ready to hang the jersey up and say fuck this.
Speaker 1: Ship getting into it with people that I'm close with, not close with, like I'm an impath. I feel what you feel.
Speaker 7: Yes, me too, Oh my god, can I say something to it?
Speaker 6: Okay, because I don't think people understand like how how serious and how extreme it is for us when it comes to like our feelings and the people that we love and the way that we interact with the people that we love and the people that we care about. So like something that might be like the simplest shit to you, to me is possibly enough to almost destroy me because of how passionately I love and care about you as a person that I love and care about, and how I'm concerned about your feelings and like everything, and like we absorb like everybody's.
Speaker 7: Energy, especially the people that we love and care about. So it's it's it's like, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I just had to put that out there because a lot of people don't be understanding, like shit is very serious for us on a daily basis, But it like a lot of people don't understand that part of it.
Speaker 1: I feel the same way. Yeah, that's correct, I do. I agree. I used to feel that I.
Speaker 8: Can't live aside nobody feeling not real because you want you to do them.
Speaker 1: I need, I need that recipe. I don't know what happened.
Speaker 7: Bro, he's a geminidos, so it's like two of him.
Speaker 1: But no, I don't even known. But yeah, it's like certain people they just can't get out on. It's just the way they love. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 8: You just gotta disconnect and everything. Like you said earlier, you's got to push back.
Speaker 1: Bro, I don't know how.
Speaker 8: You just got to push back some kind of way because when the motherfucker just just like just think about the motherfucker.
Speaker 1: No, they got their control over you when they can yo yo you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's what I'm saying, Like, who doing that?
Speaker 1: Ye? I mean I just wake up. I won't make you feel and guess what they do. Yes, when you think about the fact, my whole day, yeah on purpose you pissed up. Yeah, so you still lose. I can wake up and make you feel. I don't want to make you feel.
Speaker 8: Nobody will stick my hand up your back and beat the god damn what they call it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the puppy man facts talking talking like the heart.
Speaker 5: Reality to is that we as humans don't really have a blueprint or a diagram to how man is wife. No facts, Every understanding is based on a consciousness if you're heard so like you know what I'm saying, Like you.
Speaker 8: Blessed to be able to not be bothering. Nah nah, Well I do be kind to be bothered sometimes. But then you gotta talk to yourself like the ship that make motherfucker think you crazy?
Speaker 1: The ship you're supposed to do. You gotta have a real conversation to send me. See how it sound like like a mother commentsaying SHP.
Speaker 8: I replay the conversation back to myself being them and me and be like this nigga really trying to make you feel some kind of way.
Speaker 1: If I see a.
Speaker 8: Nigga post some ship you want a response for me, I know it's gonna hurt you more if I don't say ship.
Speaker 1: Now you're over there talking to yourself about yes you mad, I ain't.
Speaker 8: Ain't my feeling that ship is that ship is caught you?
Speaker 1: M hmm. I think I think the thing about is I have I have a hard time.
Speaker 5: Separating the respect we have for each other in person from what somebody might say over the phone.
Speaker 1: Somebody might say something over the phone that you know they will to sit to you in person. I've been arounding my whole life all right, and you ain't never even spoke to me like this, but all of a sudden you feel what I'm saying. So it's like I be trying to be trying to separate that, but it's it's hard because I'm like, I'm having a hard time contemplating. Like I'm thinking to myself, I know the respect.
Speaker 5: That this person has for me and I have for them, and that we show amongst each other, and I know how the room is every time were in it, but somebody will let they feelish to the best of them and say something off the wall ship. Yeah, I'm like, what I ain't ain't no way, I gotta call you immediately.
Speaker 1: What I need to hear you say that, Like, yeah, I can't believe that rocking like that. I can't believe you. You're telling me some fun ship. I can't believe you you're telling me you don't think I fuck with you? You know, Yeah, I can't believe it. Yeah, I'm like, yeah, I need to call you now. Yeah you know what makes you feel like that? Yeah? That my thing too, because it just away from it, like you could say fun with that nigga time. I gotta know. I got the call Yeah, people be throwing ship out pieces of trying to get a reaction in there.
Speaker 6: It's like they don't think it's a big deal, but really like that's how they really feel. And they just threw it out there because they were mad and they were trying to be hurtful and spiteful, but really like, it's some ship that you can't come back from.
Speaker 1: But I'm never gonna forget what we talk about it. We can't come back from it. It ain't enough to say. So if I don't want to understand about if it is what it is, dispect me. You know what come with that? So with that I ain't even willing to do right now.
Speaker 8: So I just got to disconnect from you because like you said, you ain't gonna do that and make me the bad guy if I react how I should react to this. Some of it don't bro, I don't know what there, man, You know what I'm saying, because you ain't want to do what.
Speaker 1: You just did.
Speaker 8: That you the devil makes you do that up and God is testing to see have I truly changed straight up as I split your ship? But this ain't that that contradicts everything we're saying.
Speaker 1: What we're doing. You get what I'm saying. That's the conversation you have with yourself. Like that's a test bank like first action first, but first soon as you start getting in your feelings of get a girl, get upset, you gotta talk yourself. That's a test.
Speaker 8: That's one of the ones look out for. You can't don't do that because you know you go too far. Buddy, y'all talk to yourself like that real shit.
Speaker 1: What about when it's somebody who walk on the same ground as you walk on and it's like you.
Speaker 8: Can walk on the same ground. But this right here, you ain't crawling the line. Crawl that line that real like gonna be what it is? Yeah, you talking like but pissed me always she talked just you go to h you got you.
Speaker 1: I ain't never believed in gaming. What do you mean you ain't gonna take you If you made me believe it, I believe it.
Speaker 5: If you talk it, I ain't gonna say you just I'm gonna believe that ship that you're flying take it. I'm gonna take it as you are the incredible hope like you said.
Speaker 1: You really you understand what I'm saying. So many incredible hole turning the poodles though, like you that ship them chants.
Speaker 4: You don't incredible whole energy ready for You're also seen poodles.
Speaker 1: Real, Nigga.
Speaker 5: I also seen somebody thinks somebody was wolfing. Yeah, but guess what, I.
Speaker 7: Don't see the poodle turn in the pot.
Speaker 1: Buddy ain't been blowing over the last past six months. And guess what it's been doing swelling their nuts up? Ye, Nigga, nuts will swell up on fact, thank you, Nigga.
Speaker 5: Just talking until Nigga really swell it's nuts up because you ain't gave a proper attention to this talk.
Speaker 1: But get what thing about it? Is you over there?
Speaker 8: So when you when it gets close enough, I'm gonna see it anyway, I'm already paying off did back in the day.
Speaker 1: But when I'm watching everything, I'm already tweaking. I don't mean to cut you off. But when I'm over there, I like to be over there and comfort with my head down like this, because.
Speaker 5: I don't care how far we is away from each other, I'm gonna still feel like you're right behind me.
Speaker 1: You understand what you should feel. You know what I'm saying. Like, so it's like I ain't underestimate nothing. They would probably know who. You gotta smoke them where you're staying.
Speaker 8: That way you're going. I ain't saying. I'm saying I'm not personalizing this ship. This ship for in it like we men, this wanment we men like. So this ship is f it just goes on ramdably. So I'm already watching it for a threat. Yeah, but they're talking she is not a threat until it becomes a.
Speaker 1: Threat to me.
Speaker 5: I also check this out with my case. People have been coming to me saying, hey, ord is saying they gonna do you. This little water is saying they're gonna do you. That I told my partner get the fuck out of my face. I don't want to hear none of this shit, don't you see. I'm chilling, heaving a good time. We got food on the table. All the Homers watching the football game. Get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm letting them back in here with that dumb ass shit.
Speaker 5: After I called my shaken degree murder case, he came and told me, he said, hey, you don't remember when I came to you and I told you somebody was talking crazy, and you told me.
Speaker 1: To get the fuck out your face. So they talked that ship man, that shit manifests itself sometimes. Yeah, you understand what I'm saying. But they was giving me enough heads up to not even get caught in the position they was telling me this. When had a case this was talk, I would have been. I wouldn't have been nowhere else right there saying somebody right there was on my trailer like that. I wouldn't have made myself no sitting up on purpose. Just I ain't gonna try to bait you in just to see who.
Speaker 8: Couldn't say I get. I ain't saying dismiss it. I'm saying, don't let it consume. I ain't dismissing nothing. We take all talk, all everything.
Speaker 1: Very serious to the max. That's just what it is. So I'm watching for it. I see it.
Speaker 8: I heard you, so I see you. But I'm not finna let it consume me. Like I'm the type of person I let you take over me. I have to think about it every day.
Speaker 1: We gotta do something. I gotta do it. I gotta I gotta get out of that. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Being real, like they should have consumed you, you won't get nothing done.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, You just be fucked up. That's all I'm talking about. Like, yeah, not we lose at the end of the day from this thank you you're taking. It consumes you. You put your focus on negative ship much good to give them to the world exactly.
Speaker 8: But I see that though, so when I get it in time me to get in that mode. I'm getting that mode any time I see you and I hear you. So what I'm gonna get in that mode because you But I can't let this ship like like right now when scream ain't coming, I ain't coming, I ain't coming a bit fast six months I got help, my bus ain't gonna do this. I'm counting it to consume my whole everything, you know what I'm saying, And that sh ain't help.
Speaker 1: We gotta find a way away from this exactly, away from that, because we end up losing at the end of the day. Fast around.
Speaker 5: It sounds like a lot of similarities, you know what I'm saying between between what we speaking on.
Speaker 1: I guess that's what we go through as people.
Speaker 8: That look like what what you do, though, like like remain coming for like I got I'll be gonna they be walking hacking ship like what you do for your mental health like I.
Speaker 1: Done done counseling. It doesn't it doesn't help. But what I find to be helpful me, helpful to me and for me is to spend time with.
Speaker 5: My loved ones like I'm be and like you know my son played football, like I'm passionate about watching him play this game because my daddy did the same thing with me. Sitting down with my family and knowing I can have a good meal, smell of food in the f You know, this type of stuff is therapy to me after a lot of commotion and a hard day, all hard money, hard six months.
Speaker 8: What about on the day to day, Like on the day to day, like a routine you might do to you Like I said, I talked to myself.
Speaker 1: Oh I do like a day to day shit.
Speaker 5: So look, I got a dog now, so I know I can't stand a big pause. He's going crazy for me to come take him outside. Yeah, I gotta be up at a certain time to take the dog down there and feed him and let him go outside. By the time all that happened, I'm getting myself gone. You know what I'm saying. I roll a few words. You feel me like now I'm hopped on the phone. You know, that's therapeutic to me continuing where I left off yesterday, knowing I'm making progress right right, I.
Speaker 1: Think that's the BEAUTI everybody else like, we feel real good about that, not slacking on shr and seeing the progress be made. And and and that's why a lot of times with what we do can come depression because when it ain't clicking like that, and that's what's been the root of your happiness, you got to try to find that happiness all over again. Right.
Speaker 5: So it's important, I think, to find ship outside of the money and outside of the industry that that we involve ourselves in that we love to, you know, surround ourselves around it just be a part of They got other kids out there playing football.
Speaker 1: I'm out there talking to their parents. What do they do? You got your son? Like, Man, I feel like, you know what I'm saying, you know, I'm important out here and playing my music in the stadium. They're going crazy, you know. So it's like this is what Dian doing with his sons. Man, I feel great doing you know what I'm doing?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 5: I think I think another third for me is what you said, trying my best to not edge somebody control how I feel and how exactly. The more effort I can put into that and the more I can, you know, take from what you just shaid, I think you know, the better off we.
Speaker 1: All, yeah, ship, cause we control. We controlled.
Speaker 8: Actually at the end of the day, you know what I'm saying, all this ship that I'm learning steel like, I'm not not perfectet this ship. I slip up here that sometimes on some phone I know y'all be coming phone because I be damned there them backsleep. I'm just staying out and go to sleep, like must of sleep. This ship off, trying to wake up different because niggas be going through ship that they don't know they're going through because we ain't never went and got chicked exactly. If we go tell a motherfucker exactly what's going on with us and what's going through our mind, they'll probably probably put us on messing all type of ship because niggas be fucked up and don't know they be fucked up.
Speaker 1: Really trauma, what happened when they put you on some ship and we're gonna take this ship.
Speaker 8: We even go check it, but I'm just saying that I think like that, like I'll be trying to read up on it, like self downosed.
Speaker 1: Like like I said, I read the pressure.
Speaker 8: Damn I got that, read the symptoms that goddamn PTLD.
Speaker 1: I got that too, damn in me.
Speaker 8: Like so I'm really abandonment issue all the ship that they have a nigga fucked up damn all this meat.
Speaker 1: Then I go to how you do it? Okay now walks Oh no, with loved.
Speaker 8: Ones, they tell you right there just start self treating self, dinose yourself or then self treat yourself. I'm telling you this ship right down in the book that she's on YouTube that shit everywhere.
Speaker 1: So even while you listening to this ship, it's helping you.
Speaker 8: Right, you listen to the folk tell you what's wrong with you, and it's it's it's kind of helping you, like we could be the Now I want to like, all right now, you ain't right need to hear from Yeah, now you ain't because I know I ain't straight up trying to me, but I know I ain't. Like because the ship that we go through, bro. And then when you get your age, like because I'm probably older than anybody else.
Speaker 1: But once you get them age, this ship start to hit different.
Speaker 8: Like I'm like your bones and ship go to her and ship like me getting old, like you see your kids. I got a grand kid there, so you start growing a silk a conscious. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. When when you start growing the country, you gotta do something about this ship to try to heal, because if not, you don't have to be fucked up all day every day. Just that's how Nigga fall into the press. All this ship isn't the biggest win over all that thing. I'm sure you agree, Like the fact that we're still here here for a reason, so that that has to lift your spirits to a certain extent, Like we are here.
Speaker 1: With the drug ship.
Speaker 5: My daddy was a hushler, so I don't think that was never avenue for me. Yeah, like to just you know, get fucked up and try to you know, I don't think I didn't deal with fuck with the gas too mean too's.
Speaker 1: Like they ain't never really been my rock. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I got a lot of people who do struggle with substance abuse. You know, I don't treat them no different. I try my best to you know, support them in whatever way I can in a positive manner and let them know that you know, I'm gonna be here for you, you know what I'm saying, regardless, So I think that's something we need to pay attention to a lot of people who we think turning up and getting fucked up and having fun, they really fucked up.
Speaker 1: On the inside. Me to your home boy talking about he just popped thirty of them bitches, Yeah, he might be ready to kill everybody. Tank somebody going through put him to the side. You know what I'm saying, Why are you smoking them bitches back to back like that?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: You good?
Speaker 8: That's what I'm saying, is cauld niggas be embarrassed to even say this type of ship.
Speaker 1: Niggas feel like they're supposed to be have. God damn tough lue. Tough one, tough one, tough one. She don't go like that. You gotta express this ship, get it out so you can't.
Speaker 8: Know, like at least somebody will know, you know what I'm saying, This ship out my brain thinking that's how.
Speaker 9: Niggas explode, Like they keep all that ship bottled in, They keep all that ship in.
Speaker 6: They don't let the ship out. And then the minute the wrong person or it could even be the right person.
Speaker 7: Shake them up, they pop and blow up. So the can or like some ship like that ship, and that shit will spray over the wrong people.
Speaker 9: But you don't have no control over that ship because you've been holding that ship in so long.
Speaker 7: You can't control when that ship pops out.
Speaker 1: Like when you get a chance to sit down and think about it, be like, man, that won't nothing.
Speaker 6: And then there goes the depression because you feel bad about fucking exploding on the people that didn't even deserve it.
Speaker 1: Damn, you just explained depression all the way for real.
Speaker 9: All I know niggas that go through this ship on a daily basis, bro, and that shit be like that shit be fucked up.
Speaker 6: But then they just like like blat saying they still have to be so tough and have to be such real niggas and have to be such this this this that they don't even have a chance.
Speaker 7: To sit with the shit and process it and work through it.
Speaker 6: So it's gonna fucking the explosion is on the way to come back again. It's gonna be another explosion after another explosion after another explosion, because they don't even have the time or the safe space to be able to work through the first fucking blow up like that shit be like that shit be crazy bro like because but that's like you said, you gotta pull your people to the side, Like when you see something different going on with your people, you gotta pull them to the side and ask.
Speaker 1: Them like, like, bro, this me, like what's up with you? Like what's going on? Like like I'm not judging you at all.
Speaker 6: Just tell me, talk to me, like make people understand that it's okay to way some of that shit on you if it'll get it off of them.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying. Straight up? Yeah, rich in peace to my ear. Quinn, like we grew up together.
Speaker 5: He killed his chef, like his mama walked in the house and found him at the computer table, committed suicide, shot hisself in the head. Somebody was with every day. You feel me, So you gotta check on your home, check on your homy.
Speaker 1: Make sure he's straight. Because it's internet ship that I made. The way.
Speaker 8: It's it's kind of like it's kind of lane to be human, you know what I'm saying. To even have a feelings anything, anything, nigga, call you a buster for anything.
Speaker 1: Like because I got can't help because I got them.
Speaker 8: I'm shaky, nigga, I got anxiety. I don't know what the fuck wrong with me, But niggas be scared to see it. You want to be you know what I'm saying. Yeah, Like like I remember the reason why I couldn't really do the music shit because my anxiety used to be so big before I went on stage back then, so I had to come in the club. Jay, you know, I gotta go in the bathroom, throw up, get that ship out, give me some mouth washed. I got the mouth washed already. Really, it's just my anxiety was too fucked up. You're going from the crowd. I don't know what it was, you know what I'm saying, None that shit gone, but I don't know what it was. But a nigga be afraid to say that, Like like, Bro, you're a bitch because you got anxiety.
Speaker 1: Like you a bitch? You know what I'm saying? What you saying, nigga, whole bitch over with anxiety, Nigga. This is niggas is the goddamn on this right ship tradition. Crazy nigga hole bitches. Nigga would bro, give me some help, bro the road. We got a lot of man and just don't know how to express themself. You know, said else when I got big fan.
Speaker 8: Know what I'm saying, it's it's the environment because nigga be like, oh they niggas on some workout ship, the nigga bank hiking man, nigga.
Speaker 1: Bitch, God damn. I want to live right right up, right right up. Anything you do. I want to be healthy. You do, the middle of yourself you are. That's how my mama handed me to when I try to tell her to eat healthy food.
Speaker 8: Just like you.
Speaker 1: That's how she had me. I'bout trying to eat that. Get that ship. I don't want ship is nasty. She don't want no salmon, she don't want catfish, doctor swamp water deep.
Speaker 5: Now you can see to like, I don't want no grilled fish, none of that some fried chicken fish and pot shops.
Speaker 1: And yes, she don't give it. Damn. I'm like, so, I'm saying, you live longer if you eat this. You don't live longer if you eat the stuff you want to eat. If you think that all figure, Yeah, she don't even tell me that.
Speaker 2: She tells me stopped talking to her at that point, and he stopped talking to me. Crazy, how the rum is, bro, Like you said, you got stiff into.
Speaker 1: Who you is. Man, it's stepping to like get caught up and be unapologetic about it, like straight up always find something else to change. Yeah, real, chuck, real chuck that I'll cut you, okay, So let me ask you.
Speaker 7: This is what I want to know too. When you made the halle Berry song, right, because we all saw like recently where.
Speaker 6: Drake used what she did you want of halle Berry's pictures or something, and she was like she made a whole big deal about it in the media, like she didn't want her likeness used and this and that, blah blah blah. When you made your halle Berry song back in the day, did you ever like meet her or like have any type of communication with her about that?
Speaker 1: Barry, Okay, I need to meet Did they.
Speaker 7: Ever, like, did any videos ever surface of her like dancing to the song?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was on Ellen going crazy doing and dance. They was playing a song. She know, she knows what's up? You know, I gotta put some I gotta put Yeah, what's up? Cal up?
Speaker 5: Shout out the Superstar under Road and all them boys in Dallas I hooked up with him made their record. Yeah yeah, I drove the Dallas and just popped up in Dallas on my own. And the label wasn't behind the record or nothing. To be honest, they had already had the song. It was a moving in Dallas. When I pulled up, I'm like, man, it's a hit. Let me get on and watch what they do.
Speaker 1: M got on it. Before you know, Jay Records ended up getting involved and buying a whole record. Next thing you know, it's Hurricane Christ whole song. Yeah. So like that's how sh worked.
Speaker 5: Like you see when the labels get involved, like I'm saying to Clyde Davis.
Speaker 1: Jay Records, so it's moves being made behind the scene. There ain't no artists going to have no say so in.
Speaker 5: That's why now we respect how we've gotten to the point where our own bosses. Now we get our own bag and we tell ourselves yes or no and make our own decisions.
Speaker 1: Like that's why you can't take that away from us right now?
Speaker 5: You feel me, I'd rather make I'd rather make half of what it was and be able to do what I want to do when I want to do it. Then then then you give me the whole thing right now, and you tell me when to go to the bathroom and to wake up and when to sandwich.
Speaker 1: Man, fuck that. I ain't with that me. No, no, what's next for you? Bro? Man life? You know I'm working on the album with with with Boosy right now.
Speaker 5: When I leave to go and finished recording, we'll be done with that probably within the next week or two.
Speaker 1: Ain't no telling I know what to be done. No, no more than two weeks. I got a project with Drama Boy I'm working on with your interview. Yeah, I just dropped the mixtape called HS two Hurricane Season two.
Speaker 7: Where can they find that at?
Speaker 1: It's on every platform? Yeah, well everywhere, Apple Music, Spotify, wherever you want to go? Is that? Yeah?
Speaker 6: So what's what's tell people your Instagram? Like your official instagram too, because I know it's a lot of them.
Speaker 1: It's Hurricane Chris six.
Speaker 7: Hurricane Chris six.
Speaker 1: And no no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, so many My instagram is official Hurricane Chris, Hurricane spell the regular way right. No, it's Hurricane Chris official, Hurricane Chris Official. Right now, go to this ship. I don't go to my own page. Just following me. That's how you know I ain't full of myself, like the risk of these niggas. Yeah, the name of it is, what the name of it is, Hurricane, It's her can Chris official? Follow me? Follow me? Hurricane Chris officier? Hurricane Chris officier official like a referee with a piece of tissue and a whistle. But that's not his name.
Speaker 7: That's not the whole name, Hurricane official, referee whistle that.
Speaker 1: You got?
Speaker 3: You got anything coming coming coming to like kind of diving to your story like some movie book type ship documentary.
Speaker 5: Before I, before I went through my legal situations, I had signed to an acting agency book.
Speaker 1: That's That's what was.
Speaker 5: Another big thing really threw me off from my legal problems was because I had just signed to a big acting agency and I was getting casted for a lot of big roles. Was in one of my first small films, and and things was moving in the right direction. I went to jail and really threw that off. So now I gotta I gotta get all the way back in and mix you understand what I'm saying with with with what I was doing on the TV screen. You know, I don't want to speak too much, but I do plan on giving you my story and due time and document and reform. And you know, if we're just gonna sit back and see what happened, you know a lot of cats like the pre playing.
Speaker 1: Shit that don't never happen. I ain't gonna see it.
Speaker 5: My grandma used to say, if the Lord say the same, So we're gonna say, if the Lord say.
Speaker 1: The same, We're gonna do everything under the sun.
Speaker 5: You know, you know, ain't then holding us back. We're black and we're beautiful. You know that's where I'm from. I'm from a.
Speaker 1: Place where you have faith in yourself. Must to see the faith gonna take you where you need to be taken.
Speaker 3: To give us one of your biggest gems before you slide, something you tell your own family, your own kids, or something like that.
Speaker 1: To give a gym to the youth.
Speaker 5: Right now, man, right now, you need to try to put yourself in an uncomfortable circle as a young black man. The people that can help you in life, they're gonna be weird to you. They're not gonna sound like you sound. They're not gonna think like you think. Put yourself in a room with some of these weird nerds that you know play with computers because they focused on how the world is gonna actually work in the future.
Speaker 1: I understand what I'm saying. Your homeboys, who you wake up every day and y'all go to the gun shop and buy nothing but draco's and hunting around drums. The only thing y'all gonna do is kill and get killed together. Them little kids who playing with them computers and games and in sports, the only thing they gonna do is succeed off heel together. You understand what I'm saying. But at the end of the day, they still gonna be here. We gotta find a way to get to our youngsters and let them know. It's the way we waking up in the morning. It's killing us. It's having nothing on our mind when we wake up and waking up with nothing to do, nothing to do with a big stupid ass gun and a hunting round drum and lay your ass down. And he ain't got nothing else to do, and he's sixteen, don't give a fuck with nobody talking about catch you with your mama. It's fucked up like that. In our community. We gotta do something that change it. It ain't as fucked up that the elderly people can't can't walk out down the street and just do their thing. You know, my partner in a wheelchair, being in a wheelchair for the last few years, just got hit in the wheelchair in the middle of the street and killed.
Speaker 5: You understand what I'm saying, Like, we gotta do something to try to protect each other in our community, you know. And he was suicidal, laid on the train track and let the train hit him and cut all his limbs off.
Speaker 1: They put him in a chair. He rolled in a chair in the middle of the street every day and we yeah, stop, stop stopping, until he finally went out there and got hit. Didn't die that day though, went out there the next week and got hit again. And that we gotta check on each other mental help, we think. And this shit a game. We know he tried to kill itself, but ain't nobody went and got him no help. You understand what I'm saying, This shit ain't no game. Your homeboy, who you think just crazy and need help. Let's put ourselves around people that can help us. You understand what I'm saying. And people that we can help. It gonna be uncomfortable. You're gonna have to get in it. You're gonna have to get in a room with the people that don't look like you. You're gonna have to You're gonna have to make yourself uncomfortable to be able to take care of your people. And you understand what I'm saying. Fact, you gotta fuckus some motherfucker that know some ship that you don't know.
Speaker 8: Right now, probably the hardest goddamn seim a nigga undropped on year. Get go, get go, be uncomfortable so you can be comforting. I'm from the slums.
Speaker 1: But gets who was ready to come testify for me in court? That the white people Miss Jane, that ain't what I call her. But you know these people are not African American, but they my family, Miss Jane Christian Dawn. They own a school that I went to. When I was young.
Speaker 5: My parents put me in a private school for two years because of the public school said they was gonna hold me back. I went to the private school and ended up a grade ahead show I missed up our educational system. It ain't nothing wrong with them actually supposed to be up a grade, advanced.
Speaker 1: Finishing work. He's doing double his work and going and and we letting him check it on his own now. So you feel what I'm saying, Like these people was ready to come testify for me and court. Her husband and police officer, her son and police officers. Last five she owned private schools. These people were ready to come sit and court and let these folks know. Nah, every young black man ain't fucked up. Yeah, and they do deserve they rights, just like we got our rights. So we ain't just a piece of shit. We gotta look at ourselves like we some he's some fucked up people who look at us like we ain't shit. But we gotta understand we're worth something.
Speaker 5: We black were beautiful. We made a goal on the inside, and we gotta dig deep down and find the goal. You understand what I'm saying. Yeah, I know we might talk like we're crazy sometimes nigga this is nigga that, but you know, let's try to add some sense at the end of the day. You know and understand that our people isn't povoted your average homeboy. Who you who you hanging with every day? We thinking this ship our good. It's poverty.
Speaker 1: Man, I just understood this ship. When I went to sit in the Trap Museum, I seen the room. I said, man, if I the new this, now I know this poverty. But I grew up like this, and I ain't know this was the best because your ship was better than somebody else down street work. You know what I'm saying, like looking good counter. We came up fucked up, fucked up, So how we not fucked up? I was just saying, how we not fucked up? Once we see that we was fucked up. Ship crazy, it's a lot to die just but you know we're gonna we're gonna to run this one back like.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, Hurricane Chris, we appreciate it, man, we appreciated you know what I'm saying, Hurricane Chris Official.
Speaker 1: That's the that's the ground, that's the Instagram.
Speaker 2: Visit the new website today, Big Facts pard dot com