Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome in Episode two forty nine, What's Right with Nick? Right? Not a live show today, So if you're watching this when it posts on YouTube, you're you didn't miss the live show. And we're also gonna have a legitimately slightly shorter show than usual today because I have to get out of here to handle some personal things and we had some tech difficulties off the top. But other than that, it'll be totally normal for everyone listening on their favorite audio platforms or watching on YouTube. Also, I know it's a weird time to request you subscribe rate review since we're not able to go live today, but I always forget to ask you as to do that. In every pod I listen to always says subscribe rate reviews. So go ahead and do that for us if you can. We will still tell you what missed the cut for today's show. Lindsey Harding joining the Lakers' coaching staff, becoming the first female coach in Lakers history. Kyrie undergoing surgery for a broken hand. That's a little ominous for the MAVs. Also demand say, I don't know if you saw Chris Middleton had double ankle surgery. He had arthroscopic surgery, which is the minor surgery, but on both of his ankles. And staff we found out sick of hearing, not like us. Lebron not so sick of hearing, not like us. Also, I am now putting out there that I believe demons unless Lebron decides I'm just tired of playing basketball and only plays two more years, because he I think he could play at a All Star ish level, not the level he's at right now, but like around the twentieth best player in the league level for maybe six more years. Six if he decides he wants to do that, I think he and Steph are going to be teammates one day. I don't know where, and I don't know under what circumstances, But I think those guys want to play together, and I think right now they're about to both go through wildly frustrating seasons where both of them are still top ten players in the league and neither of them are competing for anything other than to hopefully avoid the play in And I just wonder if this month together with the Olympics is going to get them on the same page. If again, if Lebron wants to play for a long time. All right, Demanse, what are we starting the show with? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So, your Chiefs obviously had to endure a lot of criticism last year with the stagnant play, but after winning back to back Super Bowls, nobody can no longer criticize them besides one person, Yeah, and that's Patrick Mahomes. He said that last year wasn't fun and they weren't getting better on a.
Speaker 4: Week to week basis.
Speaker 3: So my question to you is anything short of a three peat would that be a fun season for your Chiefs?
Speaker 2: The ma Homes No, I mean that at this point they are the ultimate anything short of a Championships of failure. They haven't. Their worst season since Mahomes took over is losing in the conference title game in overtime. That's been the floor. So missing the playoffs is not winning the division is you know far move from that. Just losing a close round two playoff game would be their worst season. Losing in the super Bowl is their third worst season. But I'm more so it's not just about what the ultimate goal is. But I think Patrick Patrick is very good at saying things without saying anything. But this was real honesty, which was obviously the ultimate goal is to win. And because they won, you're okay with what happened last season. But I do not think the way they played last season, not only from a struggles perspective, but from a style of play perspective, is how Patrick wants to play. He doesn't want to dink and dunk and thirteen play drives and be grinding stuff out. Fine, you know what a.
Speaker 4: To destroy everybody?
Speaker 2: Well, I think by funny he also that, and he also means chuck that sucker deep. I think by fun he means remind everyone that he's got the best arm in football. And you saw that in. They went out and signed in free agency Hollywood Brown, who is a pure speedster, and they used a first round pick on save You're Worthy. It was one hundred and sixty pounds, the fastest player to ever run in the combine. So that they prioritize being able to take the top off the defense the way they were able to with Tyreek Kill cause two years ago. The first year without Tyreek, they scored a ton of points. And I'm sure it was more fun, but again there was a seat like it was short stuff. There was I think Patrick had like thirty one touchdowns to running backs and tight ends and NFL record at the time, it wasn't the laser show that we've become accustomed to with the Chiefs. And the other thing demands that Patrick said that I found interesting was about Xavier Worthy. So Xavier Worthy was the first round pick and then missed essentially almost all of the off season prior to training camp dealing with a hamstring issue, and Patrick's quotes were along the lines of like, listen, man, there's no slowly coming along, like we now we need you. We're gonna be relying on you, and you need to be available. And with the program. I also this morning, my pal Greg Rosenthal just started a new venture with the NFL called NFL Today NFL Daily. I should know his venture if I'm gonna p NFL Daily he used to do around the NFL him, I'm hands this and Sessler and the NFL kind of without announcement and unceremoniously ended that after they had they'd done that pod demonse for more than a decade together. Uh. And I don't have all the details on that. As a listener and as a fan, I was bummed at how that thing ended. Uh. But and I don't know Mark or Dan, and I wish them the best. That was a great show. But Greg is now transitioned to this NFL Daily show, which is a great pot. It's a really good pod. It's new and I enjoy it. And I was actually listening to it this morning and he had Jordan rod reeg one and she said something that I thought was super smart that I had not considered, which was that guys who are specifically training for the combine, for the forty yard dash and for those tests, they often then post combine when they get to football practice. Rookie OTA's Mini camp, stuff like that suffer these soft tissue injuries because their body has been training for one specific thing and hasn't yet transitioned back to, you know, real football stuff. And she kind of speculated I don't even know if it was about Worthy or not. I think it was that that might have been what happened with Worthy. I thought that was super smart and something I hadn't considered. But hamstring's worry me. The kid in Green Bay, Watson, He's had a hamstring his whole career. He's available, he's excellent, then he's out three weeks with a hamstring. He's available, he's excellent, then he's out a game with a hamstring. So seeing the Chiefs first round pick Xavier Worthy miss most of the pre training camp offseason with a hamstring was concerning. So watching to see if he's a healthy go for training camp is wildly important. The other weird thing Demons about kind of the way the NFL media cycle works, and it obviously applies to the Chiefs, is when's the last time anyone said anything about Rashi Rice's pending suspension. Like it feels like that kind that kind of got forgotten, Like it was a huge story and it should have been. Then he seemingly got in trouble again, and it was like, oh my god, what's going on. Then that second trouble went away entirely because the guy said it didn't happen. People can believe what they want to believe. But the guy who allegedly got hit said, no, I didn't get hit. It was a misunderstanding. And so but I I as a Chiefs fan, but as an NFL fan, I the NFL has not told us. Are they going to wait for the legal process to take course? The legal course? I said that weirdly. I apologize, but wait for that to play out before they levy a suspension, because if they are, then he's not going to be suspended for any games this year because that's not gonna happen until next offseason. If they aren't, then I would think that they could just go ahead and announce that suspension sooner than later. So, you know, so he and the team know what the rules are, but the as of now, it's just kind of hanging over the team and I'm not sure you know how that's going to roll out. But the the fact of the matter is the Chiefs are going to try to have a fireworks offense this year and we'll see if they're able to do it.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, pal, Yeah, how is it possible to have Kelsey on your team and not be leading the league in fund And also another.
Speaker 2: Way, I think they had a lot of fun. Maybe, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about your quarterbacks saying that he wants to have fun on the verge of a three pat You don't sound worried at all, but I feel like that might worry some other fans.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, because other fans don't have the greatest player ever on as their quarterback and leader. Yeah, that would worry fans of teams whose quarterbacks haven't accomplished ten percent of what Patrick has. People are like, oh, he's bringing a TV to training camp this year, guys. Patrick is locked in. And Patrick now has with this past two years, winning an MVP without Tyreek Hill and winning a Super Bowl when everyone wrote the team off for dead. He has evolved somewhat already in his career, demanse to the side Quest's portion like, I want to win, and I want to win and have fun. I want to win and maybe win another MVP. He's earned that right because he's won in every way imaginable, and so I'm not worried about that in the least. All right, let's go to the Jets.
Speaker 3: So after the disaster of a season for the Jets last year, it seems like they're definitely going to run it back with their coaches. Reports are saying that they even reached out to Arthur Smith to call the players for Nat Hackett's offense.
Speaker 4: Rogers got a little chrippier.
Speaker 3: I think he got a little annoyed with Solid by saying that his absence was excused on his Egypt trip, so unexcused.
Speaker 2: He was upset that he caught it unexcuses. I told you he would be go ahead.
Speaker 3: Right with all that said, do you think it's too early to start hammering the Jets under nine and a half wins?
Speaker 2: No, Listen, I wouldn't necessarily hammer it because I think they're an eight or nine win team, which means I think I do think they're an under But it's not like I think they're a four win team. The defense is too good, and assuming Rogers plays two thirds of the season, they'll have upgrade, well, any amount of time he plays, they'll love of an upgrade at quarterback play. But I I do think that the team is wildly overvalued from a contention standpoint, and the Thent Hackett has that job because Rogers believes in it. And I said this on the show yesterday, because Rogers, I think, is not happy that Robert Sala aired him out as somewhat and called that absence unexcused. I am just putting a few chips on the roulette table of takes, as Wilde's would say. On the Jets get off to a bad start and we end up with interim head coach Nat Hackett, even though they tried to, you know, replace him in the shadows in the offseason. He is Rogers guy. Week one, Demons. They play on Monday Night against the Niners. That is a brutal spot. And if you remember the story of the Niners, either last year or the year before, it was every team lost the week after they played the Niners. It is such a do you remember, I don't know if you remember that stat from cut you remember, but it was such a physical brand of football. Okay, So they play the Niners on a Monday night, which means they then have the Titans, who I don't think are gonna be good. But the Titans on a short week post playing Niners, and then another super short week Thursday night against the Patriots, who should be brutal if somehow they were zero to three, I think Roberts. And then you have that mini by before the Nat Hackett revenge game against Denver. I don't know. I wouldn't be too confident if I were. It is very important for Robert sala they get off to a good start. That is, especially if Rogers is a little nonplussed with him. All right, what'sh What else do you have on?
Speaker 4: You called yesterday?
Speaker 3: You called Salah, Rob Bob, Bobby, and Robbie Bruce said you were subtly disrespected him.
Speaker 4: Do you have any other any other names you want to give him?
Speaker 2: No, I don't have any others. I just the guy's name. There's a lot of variations of Robert. I don't see. So here's where I think that I am the most fair person in the media. Might be rude at times, might be a little disrespectful. Nobody when when the Broncos hired former Packers offensive coordinator, his name was Nathaniel Hackett, and then as we saw him become an inover his head head coach, he became Nate and now he's na Hackett. And sometimes it's not can't hack it people to do all these it is and Nope, yes, yes, But my point is it's consistent. Nobody had a problem at all with Nathaniel becoming gnat as like, we don't take you seriously. So I yeah, I me calling Robert Salah, Rob or Robbie or Bob or But yes, I it is rude. I am not. I am not denying that it was rude, and it was. It was to me, harmless rude. But yes, it was rude, but it was consistent. And so I don't think I don't, well, you just you just it just becomes shorter and shorter. Like I'm trying to think of other examples of how this is gone, and if they're like, if there are the it didn't happen to Belichick, But let Belichick have gone four and thirteen one more time, and he would all of a sudden been Billy. It would have been old Billy Belichick. I'm just telling you that's how that goes. All right, let's talk Caitlyn Clark.
Speaker 3: So last night, Kaitlyn Clark set the WNBA record for assists. She had nineteen, but the Fever still lost to the Dream and are currently seventh place heading it to the All Star Olympic Break. How would you evaluate her season so far?
Speaker 2: I mean a flat A. I don't know the A if you want to say a minus because the turnovers. She has already set the all time single season record for turnovers, which is kind of bananas, not for rookies, just for players. But so the turnovers are a legitimate demerit. But from an offensive perspective, I actually think she's been better than even her biggest realistic supporters thought she would be. Right now, she leads the WNBA and assists. She is I want, fifteenth in points and has a chance at cracking the top ten. And the other element of it is, let me tell you the ages. She's twenty two of the people ahead of her in points per game twenty seven, twenty nine, twenty seven, thirty twenty seven, twenty six, twenty nine, thirty thirty three, twenty six, twenty nine, thirty four, thirty two, twenty five, twenty five. By the way, so the youngest person who's point one ahead of her is actually Kennedy Carter, who's been excellent.
Speaker 4: The girl who has been good.
Speaker 2: I think people know her name because of the little shoulder bump that heard around the world. But she but there is if we want to go the the Aleah Boston, her teammate, is the only other person under twenty four averaging more than fourteen a game, and she's at fourteen point two and the only other person under twenty four averaging more than I want to make sure I get this right double digits other than those two is Angel, and Angel's averaging thirteen a game. So then you go to the assists where she's first. Yeah, so, and the here's the rest of the top five and assists their age thirty two, thirty two, thirty three, twenty six, twenty eight, and she's first. I mean the I understand, and I try to be lightly more than lightly sympathetic to folks that have a lot of emotion tied up in how Caitlin was covered versus how Angel was covered, and a lot of that, which is real stuff, and we have discussed a lot. But on the back basketball side of things, if you are out here denying how brilliant she has been, you're just being dishonest. She's on a team that had back to back number one overall picks. They are going to firmly be in the playoffs. She is putting up seventeen points, six rebounds, and eight assists a night, which again you have to adjust your mind for WNBA stats versus NBA stats. The games are lower scoring and the games are shorter, and she has got her percentages back up where she's now over forty percent from the field and thirty three percent from three and as good as Angel has been, Angel who's giving you thirteen and twelve a night, which is awesome. She is shooting percentage wise the exact same from the field as Caitlin, despite the fact that Caitlin is shooting eight threes a game and Angel is shooting won three every three games. She's averaging point four to three point attempts a game, So again, you don't have to blow out someone else's candle to make someone shine brighter. Angel Reese is having a Rookie of the Year caliber season for the majority of seasons in WNBA history, but this ain't one of them. And the other thing about the triple double, that ain't that Caitlin had the other night in the entire league. This again reminds you kind of the way the numbers are different NBAWNBA. In the entire league this year, not rookies players. There have been four triple doubles. They're incredibly rare in the WNBA, and so Angel's double double streak was spectacular. The fact that she has seventeen double doubles on the season is great. That's first in the league. Caitlyn is tied for sixth on double doubles, and that's you know, you typically points and assists, and she had nineteen last night. She was this close to having a twenty twenty game, which obviously has never happened in WNBA history. Both of those young women are more than holding up there into the bargain. And I saw Shaq yesterday come out and say Angels the rookie of the year. She's not. It couldn't change post Olympics maybe, but right now it's pretty clear if we're doing a fair voting up to this point, if they voted, there should be a unanimous first place and a unanimous second place. No one should have Angel lower than two. But can't you can't make a cogent basketball related argument that Caitlin Clark hasn't been the Rookie of the Year thus far, and I think this Olympic break man, she's gonna come out on fire post Olympics, and I think the Listen the Fever are not going to There is a very clear hierarchy in the league. The Liberty are the best team, the Son or the second best team. The Aces are the two time defending champs and have clearly the best player in the league in Asia Wilson, and then the Links and Storm are excellent. Those are your five best teams. I would personally power rank them Liberty one, Aces two, Sun three, and then Links Storm kind of tied. After that, it's anyone's ballgame. And it's pretty clear at this point who the other three playoff teams are gonna be. The Mercury with Diana Tarazzi, the Fever with Caitlin Clark, and the Sky with Angel Reese because the other four teams Dreams, Sparks, Mystics and Wings are just bad, even though one of them just obviously beat the Fever last night, and they're not gonna make up the ground. But I'm really interested to see if the Fever can catch the Mercury in the standings and then maybe clip the Stormer the links in round one. That would be great for the sport. Also, I saw this morning the WNBA announced their three point competition and there's five people, and Caitlin nor Sabrina are one of the five. I didn't do enough research on that to figure out how and why that can be the case. But Sabrina was out here competing with Steph in a three point competition, and Caitlin is one of your most popular players in the league and one of your best three point shooters in the league. It seems at first blush a little odd to have neither in the three point competition, but I didn't read enough about it to really have a take on it. But that struck me as an odd basketball and business decision. All right, Demonse, let's take a quick break, talk a little Team USA men's ball, play a game of right or Wrong? And we have an f one minute What's Right? All right? Welcome back in What's Right with Nick Wright? Episode two? Uh Demanse, Let's do a little Team USA men's basketball before we get to right or Wrong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so things are going swimmingly for Team USA.
Speaker 3: They blew out Jokic in Serbia one five to seventy nine yesterday one of the huge dominant.
Speaker 2: Is basically dominant from after ten minutes into the game. They dominated the entire rest of it.
Speaker 3: But good Jokic not seem way more like I mean, I guest he's playing for his country. He seemed very animated. He seemed to be taking that game personally, really wanted to win.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I think he was. Also, I think Jokic was like, I need better teammates. Kis is like, ah, this kind of sucks, this is this, this is not that much fun, but go ahead.
Speaker 3: So but yeah, one of the huge storylines from this is a if Ant will emerge as the guy. So obviously he's got the confidence in the game to back it up. But now he's saying he could beat anybody on Team USA and swimming, So he gotta be thinking if the stars of the Team USA decided to put themselves in another sport, which type of Olympic sport would they join?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm I don't know if anyone has ever watched handball, but handball, I'm quite certain with a couple months training, we could just take our men's basketball team and win the gold every year. So like the and again, if you're the if you're watching this on YouTube, you could maybe take a quick break and just go to YouTube or open another YouTube window and type in Olympic handball. Imagine like indoor soccer, like that type of court, but there's a three point line, there's a goalie, and there is that of around that size of goal, like an indoor soccer goal, but it's handball, and so there's a lot of basketball elements to it and athleticism to it. So I am certain we would crush in handball. Bill Simmons said years ago, did a column about which NBA players would make great US soccer national team members if we gave him the training, and a lot of soccer fans found that insulting. I don't, he said. For example, Sean Marion would be an elite goalie. Well so obviously so like except Sean Marion that's fifteen years ago. But peak athletic Lebron as a six ' eight octopus in goal, I think would be pretty good. I think I think Lebron could be a goalie. I would imagine that with the right training, Steph would be a brilliant midfielder. You know what I mean, britt like because of his movement, his.
Speaker 4: Hand eye coordinations.
Speaker 2: They go. So midfielders do score some, but they have to play both ends, you know what I mean. Defenders mostly hold back, forwards mostly play forward midfielders. The reason I said midfielder is it's the most exhausting of all the spots because you gotta be you know, playing both ends on it. I think Anthony Edwards as a striker because leaping, ability to get up for header's strength, speed, you know what I mean. So those those are the things that immediately come to mind and people given how Team USA, our US men's notional team looks in soccer, it's not a terrible idea. It's honest, like that take and I have said, man, I really do think that US soccer should go to some high schools across the country and recruit the way the US military used to or maybe still does, and find be like, hey, who is your star at like some six A Texas high school? Do you have a star running back? A guy who since he was twelve years old, people like, oh, he's gonna go play at Texas A and M and have a full ride and probably be a pro. You have a guy like that and he plays running back. Okay, let me talk to him and just show them a chart of running back career length career earnings and then soccer length career earnings, and like, can we get you in a camp? Man? Can we get you in an academy? We've got three hundred and thirty million people in this country, maybe more. Can we convince some of at a young age. Again, when I'm talking about for basketball, they haven't played in so long, it's probably not realistic. But if you get a kid who is just a freak, like I believe Demanse could have been great at almost any sport if at a young age you had focused on it. And I'm not trying to like just make you feel good, but like the you're big, you're strong, you can jump high, you're fast, you're coordinated. You just picked basketball, you know what I mean. You picked basketball and focused on it, and you were great at basketball. But if you had I did this day. Believe that if you had decided, or if I had pushed you or whatever at thirteen, I want to do the hurdles, that you would have been an awesome hurdler because of the body of a hurdler, the height. Yes, you're not like raw, like crazy fast, like a sprinter. It has to be. But you you're very fast in the like I and so. And when you see guys who are a lot of these guys like Mahomes, I'll use as an example, it's like, oh, who was the best, you know, high school basketball player in his district? Patrick Mahomes. Who is the best baseball player in his district? Patrick Mahomes, who's the best football player? Those just raw pure athletes. If you get him young enough, sasketball, That's what he said he wanted to that.
Speaker 3: Was always baseball, football, and he wanted to go that's crazy.
Speaker 2: No, basketball was his favorite, but I think basketball was what he was quote worst at but worst. He was still All state in Texas and so the but the problem for that is he's six to two, you know what I mean, he's and so they're no. He obviously chose the right path. But my point is those raw, natural, crazy athletes. If we got more of those guys instead of guys who are good athletes who always love soccer, guys who are crazy athletes and be like bro focus on soccer. The best soccer players in the world make more money than Lebron and the second tier soccer players in the world all make way more money than Saquon Barkley. You know, let's let let's talk about this. So I don't know if that really answers the question. I don't. I think people immediately think NBA players and high jump, but that is like so specialized in how you do it, like the body can you know, because when you when you see the guys, you just run up yeah, and you're like, right, it's the I do think some of these guys would be good long jumpers and triple jumpers, but the high jump is such a unique, uh kind.
Speaker 4: Of not niche sport.
Speaker 2: Well it's not niche, it sure it is, but I'm saying the fundamentals of it are so specific, like the footwork of it. All right, let's play right or wrong before we get to the f one minute right or wrong.
Speaker 3: First off, we got our Brandon Ayuki officially recruit demanded a trade from the forty nine ers after failing to reach a contract extension. The Avengers may be breaking up despite how little San Francisco is paying party. Right now, right or wrong, you will be a forty nine eror week one.
Speaker 2: Right, They're not going to trade him. There's not deboed requested to trade a year ago. They didn't trade him. Their kicker requested to trade, they didn't trade him. Now those guys did get new contracts. I don't think I who will, But they know that Party needs all the avengers around him. They're not trading him. They're in there, they're just not and they now could they franchise and trade him a year from now? Maybe, but they're not trading him. But they also can't pay him. I don't think they paid Deebo. They paid Bosa, they paid Trent, they paid McCaffrey, they paid Kittle, and they're worried they might have to pay Party. I mean, they hope that they have to pay Party. You know. The only way they don't have to pay Party is if Purdy melts down this year in epic proportions. So they yeah, So I don't think they're gonna pay him all right? Next, So why dode?
Speaker 3: Jordan Love and the Packers appear to be closing in on signing an extension, but there's no deal yet, and Jordan Love said that he thought that he'd have a contract by training camp.
Speaker 4: What's going on here? Right or wrong? Love is waiting for dak to sign. I think you should wait for sign.
Speaker 2: Well, he might, he might be waiting a full year. Then no, I'll tell you what I think screwed it up. Honestly, God, you want to know what I think screwed it up? My guy, Trevor's deal. I think that they were offering him a deal that was less than like the Joe Burrow justin Herbert standard, like, hey, you haven't accomplished as much as those guys like come in, you know, a little lower. And then Trevor got his and he's like, uh, I've accomplished as much as him, Oh, what are we talking about? Uh, you're saying I only have one great year? What about him? You're saying I only have one playoff win? What about him? And So I think that's what screwed it up, honestly, that fact I think that they I have no intel on that. It's just to me. He looked at Trevor's deal and says, why would I not get what he got? Right? And they and they don't want you know, they don't want to tell him because I mean, come on, you're not the prince that was promised, buddy. We like it but you're not Trevor Lawrence. But Trevor got five for two seventy five, and so I think that screwed it up. And so I think that'll be a tricky negotiation because as great as he looked the final three months of last year, it is three months and they're like, oh boy, but they have no choice but to pay.
Speaker 3: The way they embarrassed Dallas was very convincing. But so you're saying, so are you saying Trevor over Love?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, yeah, I think Trevor's a better quarterback than Jordan Love. I don't the but I understand why people.
Speaker 4: He's still got his claws in you, man, this is crazy.
Speaker 2: What I mean, I don't know. I mean they either. Throughout the season, he was awesome. In year two, he had the second biggest comeback in playoff history or third biggest comeback in playoff history. And then in year three they were eight and three playing for the one seed and he suffered a catastrophic ankle slash knee injury that was so bad people wanted an investigation as to why he wasn't carted off the field. And now everyone has memory hold that and they're like, what happened to the Jags, and it's like, I don't know, man, we saw him get bent over backwards three different ways and then hobble the locker room in the season fell apart. So yeah, I still believe in Trevor Next. All right.
Speaker 3: Just after the show Tuesday, Pat Bev signed a two year deal with the Israeli basketball team Uphole Hotel of Eve for four million. Right or wrong, this is the last time we'll hear from Padgri Beverley Pat Bev. Actually bad, I.
Speaker 2: Be not sure I buy the contract. Just for the record, I know that it was initially reported at two million. Now people are saying four million, so I I'm not sure. Uh. Obviously demand's a classic one by me, great tweet that I had. Will Pat Bev have his podcast translated next year for the reporters in that country? Or are they? Is he gonna make them an exception? Good day for the NBA? You know what I mean? That's a good day for the NBA. Go enjoy Uh.
Speaker 3: The same thing as Bob Salah Robbie him.
Speaker 2: No, it's the opposite, actually, because that's a cool nickname that he doesn't deserve. Like that. It's the opposite, he should be the the his given his standing in the league and accomplishment, he should be occasionally called Patrick Beverton or Peter bever like where people are like, oh, I got the name wrong, darn it, Like I on TV the other day called a manual quickly, Isaiah quickly, like where it's like, You're not quite relevant enough for everyone to know your exact name. Instead, somehow he got a nickname that everyone knows. So yeah, none, cool, it sounds cool. Yeah yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: Next, So Mahomes is reportedly bringing a TV to Chiefs training camp for the first time. His reasoning is to watch the Olympics and play college football at twenty twenty five. So I've got two for you here. First, right or wrong Mahomes is distracted, and more more importantly, right or wrong. You and Mahomes will play in CAA twenty five together, all right?
Speaker 2: So the first one obviously wrong, not distracted. The second one maybe. But I, first of all, I don't know if he's an Xbox or PlayStation guy. Second of all, I've got to actually play the game and see how good I am at it before I would want to, you know what I mean, play with you know publicly play, but I do think he and I in the off season, if we like streamed a college football twenty five match between us, that would do numbers? Would that would be dope. I actually had a dream about n Cuba twenty five last night because I don't have it yet, and I had a stream that I went to the store and bought it and got home and they had given me the disc for Madden instead of in c double A, and I was so annoyed because I already had Madden. So then I try, I'm like, you know what I'm in the dream. I was like, I'm just gonna download it, but then it was like it's seven hours to download, and I was devastated. And then I woke up, so that all happened. Yeah, all right, quick break, come back with our F one minute What's right? Welcome back in while Driving the Great Episode two forty nine. Today's show wasn't live, so we obviously can't do listener questions, so instead we will leave you today with our F one minute from Sierra Fadel previewing this weekend's race. Tuesday, we'll recap that race ton NFL and does Tiger win the British open, probably not. Does he make the cut? God, I hope so he's minus three hundred to miss the cut. That was a bummer. As of recording, he had birdied number three, bogeie number four. I'm afraid to check the score right now. Enjoy the F one minute see you guys on too. Oh but also one other thing, major positive first Things first announcement coming on today's show, So a little preview for that. It's a positive announcement relating to first things first, and it is not what the internet thinks it is. So all that. Enjoy the F one minute. Talk to you guys later.
Speaker 5: What's right, Welcome back. We're gonna talk all things hunging in Grand Prix this time around because we are entering the thirteenth round of the twenty twenty fourth for we one season, so we're gonna be in the Hungary Rover ring in Budapest, so it should be interesting. So I'm gonna bring forth some things till the gout four if you're tuning into the race this Sunday, so let's get into it. As far as the circuit itself, it's sometimes referred to as the Monaco without Wolves, so overtaking is super tricky basically, and their position in qualifying is super important because it's gonna play a significant role in the actual race on Sunday, all right, So can Mercedes pull off another win? That's what we all want to know. I mean, they've beaten Red Bull back to back and this hasn't happened since twenty twenty two, so we're looking to see both another one. And it's an interesting dynamic for the team because Lewis Hamilton is looking to really push the team forward and to end on the high end of season on a high note the team, and Jeorge Russell is kind of needs to kind of show that he can be the leader of next year's team because he will be most likely the senior driver. One driver in particular that I'm sure everyone will be watching this weekend is Nico Holkenberg because he's absolutely outperformed all expectations because he's in a hass which is not the best car on the grid, and he outperformed Ferrari last weekend. He got P six and he was ahead of the Kirk by the landslide and then he was just behind Carlo Sins who got P five. So he's been able to give hass more points in the last two Grand priz than Sogio. Perez has been able to give points to Red Bull in the last six, so he's really showing his tail, and I want to see if you can do even better. So my predictions, I'm gonna go Lando Norris number one, Max for number two, and then I'm gonna do a Mercedes for number three. I just don't know which one. I don't know who will be Lewis or George, but it's gonna be one of them. I think before I go, I'm gonna quickly read off the standings for the driver's championship and then the constructors. So obviously first, Maxi sappened with two hundred twenty five points, Norris with one, seventy one, La Clerk one fifty, Signs one forty six, Piastree one twenty four, so Perez one eighteen, Russell one eleven, Hamilton won ten, Alonzo forty five, Stroll twenty three, Polkemberg twenty two, Sonoda twenty, Ricardo eleven, Bearman six, Ghastly six, Magdison five, Album four, Okon three and guan U Sergeant and Bill Task with zero and then so bear with me, Bear with me, Bear with me. It's important, it's important. Constructors. The teams we have Red bullt with three seventy three, Ferrari three oh two, McLaren two ninety five, Mercedes two to twenty one, Aston Martin sixty eight, Visa cash, aapp thirty one has twenty seven ALP nine billion for and Steak F one Salber zero. All right, I'm out. That's been your f a minute for today. I'm excited to see if McLaren can pull off a second place in the Constructors because ferraris only three oh three oh two and McLaren is two ninety five, so I think they can push ahead. But we'll see how everything plays out after the Grand Free this Sunday, and I'll talk to you guys after bye.
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks for watching. If you're still here, do me a favor. Hit the subscribe button, then hit the bell so you can be notified when we have new episodes. After you've done that, one more favor, go to your favorite audio platform of choice and subscribe there as well. Don't forget. We're live every Tuesday and Thursday ten thirty am Eastern Ish ten thirty five, ten forty. It sometimes changes, but that's why you hit the bell. You hit the bell so you're notified. You subscribe so we can get to two hundred thousand followers. We're right aroun one hundred and fifty thousand. We'd love to get to two hundred thousand. Get demands another plaque, so like subscribe rate sen a rating to do all that cool stuff. Thanks guys,