Speaker 1: Gambling was something that I did. This is Dan Patrick takes a gamble. One of my bookies died at the kitchen table, a podcast vehicle for Dan to talk about his love of gambling. One bet, another bet, another bet without doing the actual gambling.
Speaker 2: You're a coward.
Speaker 1: It's easy to have a scapegoat and now joined by bad Larry, Shayan Irving, and Dylan the graphics guy. I have friends. Here's Dan Patrick. Bad Larry doesn't really care about you. Marvin. Wait, he doesn't know no Dan, mar Yes, yes.
Speaker 3: Dan, How are you doing about it?
Speaker 1: Way way? Larry?
Speaker 3: Last week someone else called besides Marmon. So I just was shocked if there was Marvin or not.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's all I was.
Speaker 3: Uh, No, I care, I care about Marvin. I'm like Shay and Dylan.
Speaker 1: Wow a shot? Why did I cut your shy?
Speaker 4: But Larry, what if Marvin was a dealer on like a riverboat casino?
Speaker 3: If you told me to put my phone away, we would have a problem.
Speaker 1: Let's recap bad Levery. You lost three units last week?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 1: Okay, Dylan lost five units last week. Shay one two units last week one three? Ray fucked up? Oh?
Speaker 5: Correct? Forgot about America's team Army.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, okay, I watched that game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, great game.
Speaker 2: This might be a stupid question. Why is there no Marine Corps?
Speaker 1: There's a citadel, there's a Merchant Marine.
Speaker 4: Merchant Marines, but like there's not like there's Army, Air Force, Navy, but no Marines.
Speaker 1: Because Marines are Navy, that's why.
Speaker 2: But it's a separate branch of the military.
Speaker 5: No, it ain't. It's navy.
Speaker 2: So do people from the Naval academy go to the Marines?
Speaker 5: They can.
Speaker 1: If you want to be like my dad.
Speaker 2: But then there's Navy pilots too.
Speaker 5: Correct way to go.
Speaker 2: I said I was gonna ask a question.
Speaker 1: Well, no, you did say it could be a stupid question.
Speaker 5: Yeah, these are the people when I'm an American Caesar Dylan's the kind of person I deport.
Speaker 2: You're gone, Really, where am I going?
Speaker 5: Anywherd it here doesn't care why because he doesn't know anything about the Navy, Marine Corps, Army America.
Speaker 2: Final I'll go to Germany and run it back and make you proud.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? Putting?
Speaker 2: He's the German.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Dan Patrick takes a gamble. Boy, did I ever just so we're clear. My family left after the First War.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first first time I heard that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a and they probably went to Brazil, right, Argentina. I love that they all look like MESSI yeah, they all look like Gisell Bunge and just happened to end up in Brazil.
Speaker 4: Six hundred years ago. Everyone in Brazil looked like Giselle.
Speaker 1: I'm sure this week's Diego Pavilla Ward goes to Dylan. He liked Illinois plus eight A lot of people liked Illinois plus eighteen versus Penn State, then switched due to Shay and Larry riding the same bet so lost Fresno State against UNLV. You overthought that one as well. And let's see Central Florida over Colorado.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Do we we have a surprise for this Ray?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 6: Dan, Look underneath your seat right here, there is a white box for you that I have left underneath there.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, there's powder spilling out of it.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: That is the Diego Pavilla Ward.
Speaker 2: Diego Ovia Award, the inaugural.
Speaker 1: Okay, well there you go, Dyl, that's yours. That's wow. It's a donkey. It's a big donkey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have a feeling I'll be holding on this for a little bit too, based only.
Speaker 1: I don't know why are we doing that to Diego Pavilla because it.
Speaker 2: Is a fitting the Pavilla Award.
Speaker 4: It does roll off the tongue, but it's also very fitting because he I mean, I know he screwed Shay for you for years and into this season too with Bandy.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, Vandy Votec game. He cornholded me and then diddy urinate on me last year. No no, no on the School of Skilled Logo.
Speaker 2: Or yeah it's happened, but.
Speaker 1: He's called competition. Okay.
Speaker 4: It is fitting for the like the theme of doing actual research and it just fucking you overach.
Speaker 2: Is kind of a theme on.
Speaker 1: This pid Well, congratulations, thank you. Don't know if you have an exception speech there.
Speaker 4: Bill for score and said, no, it's really an honor. I'm actually I didn't think Ray was actually going to get a real trophy for it, but uh do it?
Speaker 5: So is it? What?
Speaker 2: Just hold on to it until there's a new Pavia Award until next week. If they carry it everywhere with you.
Speaker 1: Just till next week, have it by your desk.
Speaker 2: I'll display it Bradly. It's a nice donkey.
Speaker 1: One of Shay's favorite teams is making a push to join the PAC twelve Sacramento State.
Speaker 5: Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: They've raised over thirty five million in a day, in a day from where you know.
Speaker 5: What they should do is just put that in like anti gang programs for that city, because that's a fucking dump Sacramentos.
Speaker 4: It Yeah, how did you think a place like Sacramento becomes the capital of a state like California with a bunch of graft? Yeah, thirty five million was all of the cash that the city has on hand.
Speaker 5: They probably raised it from drug dealers.
Speaker 1: Alrighty bad, Larry. Anything you want to recap from last week?
Speaker 3: No, I think I lost one of my games by half a point. But it's just I'm starting to feel my way in the NFL right now.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, you're feeling good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm feeling good about myself. Yeah, oh righty. By the way, I sent those pictures about sure in this morning from bed and.
Speaker 1: What pictures from the inn?
Speaker 2: Why are you hanging upside down?
Speaker 1: Larry? What was with the mask?
Speaker 3: I mean it was ten minutes after I sent it in and a friend of mine had already screenshot of it and sent it back to me.
Speaker 1: Wait, somebody is in bed with you to screenshot something.
Speaker 3: Oh no, he was in his own I don't know where he was. I got a screenshot from one of my friends showing my pics on the you know, just circled up on the post and we had something clever about the stone age is how bad makes it thicker?
Speaker 1: That is true.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know how do I get onto that thing so I can comment?
Speaker 1: You got this is going to be as No, I'm not discussing you need.
Speaker 2: You need to first have an email. Do you have an email?
Speaker 5: Larry?
Speaker 3: I do. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: It's it's kind of hardtail.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to open one of the gambling No, it's Gmail, to open one of the gamble accounts. You needed it, like it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And a social Security number?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, maybe Ray could help you with this, but no, we're not going to do that to Ray. Well, get Larry.
Speaker 3: Mar and I'll talk later.
Speaker 1: No problem, Okay, deal in anything you want to recap.
Speaker 4: Let's see Dan College was brutal. Maryland plus seven look good for a while. That was a dog and then all my other bets. I was super confident about President State, Penn State, UCF bust and then went one and three in the NFL too, Broncos Jets over thirty eight and a half. I think they scored a touchdown in the fourth quarter finally, and then oh yeah, I think, who is it Courtland's If you had Courtland's Sutton first touchdo score, you could have waited almost the entire game.
Speaker 2: To see that one pay out. And then I got the Jags plus six and a half by a hair That's about.
Speaker 1: It, Shay, anything to recount.
Speaker 5: I mean, I read Utah and Oky Light bad as hell. The Bama game was fucking insane, and the Jets I don't understand it. I don't get it. I'm confused. I don't know how the hell they do that. And the Bronco has done that twice to me now, the Jets game and the Tampa game, both of them just fucking turned me sideways.
Speaker 2: Is Boneck's first touchdown pass? I think unbelievable the season?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, all right, So that leads us to this week, Bad Larry, let's do your college football picks.
Speaker 3: I think she should go first. He is he leading.
Speaker 1: Are you leading?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm like minus two.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I'm flat.
Speaker 1: No, I will go first, yeah, yeah, yeah, Larry, you got it, you got it, Larry.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, now I got it. My wife renown not yelling at me but telling me to pull over. You don't even want to know. I'm going down to Mount Laurel or someplace where am I going? Cherry Hill? Cherry Hill Malls where I'm on my way to to get fitted for my tucks Dan.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's coming up now.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So now I'm pulling off the side of the road. I got flashes on. Don't worry.
Speaker 1: And once again, I will not be at the wedding. I'll be at the reception, so I yes, yeah, and.
Speaker 3: You think anyone cares? That's besides say I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Shay can only go to that part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so once again let me no, no, hold on, hold on, I got you minus one, Larry, not flat.
Speaker 3: I thought I was plus three last week and I lost three this week.
Speaker 1: I'm just going by. It's why is the math always bad with you? Okay?
Speaker 3: I just in my mind I was down, I was up three, and.
Speaker 2: In my mind I'm up seventy five.
Speaker 1: Okay, that mind, d Larry. You lead us off with college football.
Speaker 3: Okay. I have Navy minus ten against the Air Force. Okay, I have Boston College getting a point from Virginia.
Speaker 1: Want you get one and a half, one and a half.
Speaker 3: I have over and I'm afraid it's taking JMU this week, but I'm gonna take there over at forty eight and a half.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so they.
Speaker 3: And then I have them. Then I have the under in the Tennessee Arkansas game at I think it's sixty.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes it is.
Speaker 3: Okay, they are my four college game.
Speaker 1: Let's go to shay in Irving your college picks.
Speaker 5: Well, well, well, Danny, you got the Jayhawks and the herpe gnosiphial Ades over fifty point five. I got America's team laying eleven and a half versus Tulsa. I got the Fighting Mullets laying three against the Ears.
Speaker 1: No, wait, you got Oklahoma State minus three against West Virginia.
Speaker 5: Yes, mis okay, yes, minus three because next week West Virginia is playing ISU plus four and a half. Love that bet review, Okay, Texas State laying thirteen and a half versus Dylan's favorite team, Troy Yeah, that's where I'm at, Danny.
Speaker 1: Texas State is kind of graduating here, aren't they. Yeah, Like, aren't they going to go into a conference.
Speaker 5: They're trying to desperately. They have a really good offensive mind to coach, and they should have beat Arizona State. Yeah, I mean I think they got a good team.
Speaker 1: I like them.
Speaker 5: Okay, Troy sucks.
Speaker 1: H damn Right if that leads us to Dylan your college football picks?
Speaker 4: All right, Dan, I got Texas State and Troy over fifty seven. I think Texas State's like three and one to the over this season. They've been good to me so far. Iowa was back this week.
Speaker 1: No, no, yeah, but no over unders forty five against Ohio State because Iowa score is a question.
Speaker 4: That well that's kind of probably not So then if Ohio State, where is the piece of them?
Speaker 2: I believe it's at the shoe?
Speaker 1: Okay, but I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, I like I said, Dan, have a system, so I can't oh the moment, the moment, I don't take that bet.
Speaker 2: Yeah they the underhead.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so you have Iowa Ohio State the under Yes, Okay.
Speaker 4: I got Purdue plus fourteen against Wisconsindue just fired their OC because they sucked and wiscon Wisconsin may have actually had the worst loss straight up and against the spread last week. If they're up ten on USC at the half and then they don't even power the sixteen.
Speaker 1: Points, that was tough.
Speaker 2: That's bad.
Speaker 1: No tough.
Speaker 4: So I'll take two touchdowns with a new Purdue Florida State money Wow against Wow plus four forty.
Speaker 5: I don't know how you put money on DJ.
Speaker 2: I just I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if is he playing great?
Speaker 2: Question doesn't matter. I don't have him or just no one standing there.
Speaker 5: I don't think bring Charlie wardback goes to Jamis Winston back, I mean anybody?
Speaker 2: Yeah, literally actually have no quarterback?
Speaker 1: Four touchdowns, six interceptions. Yeah dj U, yes.
Speaker 6: Right, DJU likely out according to CBS.
Speaker 2: Fuck yeah, that's great for Florida State.
Speaker 4: Okay, So Florida State straight up two lane minus fifteen against UAB. Two lane's been a wagon this season, so I like the green wave. And then this game is I don't get it. Michigan plus two and a half against Washington. It seems like a trap.
Speaker 1: A double track, and you're falling on Friday head first, Yes, yes, you're you're falling down a well.
Speaker 2: Yes, this was my Fresno State UNLV last week.
Speaker 1: Are you out smarter them? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And then that game was over instantaneously.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Oh and I'm gonna add one down. Okay, Nebraska minus seven against Rutgers ruckers on the road. I know Rutgers is they actually just beat Washington.
Speaker 5: At Nebraska, right, yeah, I want to add one to Danny. Okay, South Bama lane three and a half against Archay light.
Speaker 1: Bad Larry NFL picks.
Speaker 3: Okay, tonight we have the Buccaneers getting the point in a half on the falcon yep, I have an under in that Chet game on Sunday. I think it's forty and a half, forty forty coming down. I could under that. I had the Bill giving a point to the Texans and the Patriots given a point to the Dolphins. And then I want Monday nighty over in the Chiefs game.
Speaker 1: Forty three and a half.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean you saw my paper had forty two forty three and a half.
Speaker 4: Now, well, I gotta trust the paper.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, the paper that was printed a day and a half.
Speaker 1: Again, the paper is more immediate than.
Speaker 5: With a couple of quarters in the main.
Speaker 3: It was on the floor next to my bed when I worked this morning. Well that's why I wanted to put the pic. I want to send Ray the picks last night and I forgot. I was out what kind of picks my Mets victory? And they blew it for Oh that was brutal. What I'm gonna be betting? Dan not on a show, but I'm gonna be betting.
Speaker 1: But but I don't care. I don't care yet, we don't.
Speaker 3: I don't want to count it. I don't want to count it.
Speaker 1: But but you're bringing it up to count it?
Speaker 3: No criminal Mets fans. I'm gonna be watching that game and betting on my teams.
Speaker 5: I bet our Mets futures alive and well, well, well is this.
Speaker 3: Well I already got paid on mine with the bookie.
Speaker 4: The analyst also like last night was the most classic thing where that going into the eighth inning, the analysts are like, uh, you know in the last twenty Brewers games in the postseason with behind and after the seventh inning they've lost, and then immediately.
Speaker 1: It's just announcer Jinks. Yeah, uh Shay NFL picks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Danny, I got the fighting Joey Flacco's plus two and a half, Raiders plus two and a half again, fucking Broncos. Dude, the Broncos. I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: And then Packers laying three against the Rams. That's it, tech game in La the Rams.
Speaker 2: No, I think it.
Speaker 1: Is actually because the Packers only by three. Yeah, okay, yeah, that's okay, all right.
Speaker 2: That was a wild game, that Vikings Packers game.
Speaker 5: No shit, it was yeah, and Mets plus one ten hammer that two units, Danny, Okay, yes, player, come on, this is bad, bad omen all.
Speaker 1: Right, dyl nfl.
Speaker 4: I got the Browns plus three and a half against the Commanders, okay, Bill's minus one against the Texans, Holts plus two and a half against the Jags. And then Dolphins Patriots under thirty six and a half. I don't think the Dolphins. The Dolphins have an offensive touchdown this season. I think they have won, and the Patriots can't do anything either, so that there's no way that should even touch thirty six.
Speaker 1: But Jacoby Brussette, Tyler Huntley, Dan.
Speaker 4: Daland Hungley is actually a good backup. I mean he's good at the Ravens but he didn't look great.
Speaker 7: The yeah, yes, Mark, this is the evolution of the black quarterback that I want to look at when they start to suck and they play. That is that is progressed right there? Not even not even that, Like you could just be an okay white quarterback and still got a job. Now you can just be an okay black quarterback and still have a job.
Speaker 2: Called the quality yeah, or equity equal suckage.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's called progress. It is for sure.
Speaker 7: Finally the best quarterbacks w Warren, Warren Moon and Randall Cunning here. You're gonna be an m VP candidate. All the things that you wanted. You know, this is this is it quarterback quarterbacks to be able to keep their starting job. I mean it's like number seven on the list. I mean, economics, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Seven is pretty good.
Speaker 1: I'll take you right, okay, So anything else needs to be mentioned Shaye and her podcast. Oh by the way, last night, my wife brought up, oh you guys coming over to UH for dinner?
Speaker 5: Excellent? What does she make it?
Speaker 1: I said, you know what I said, I want you to kind of dominate and blow away Chay's wife with when it comes to cookie.
Speaker 2: Yes, Schnitzel.
Speaker 5: That's tough. Yeah, but that's tough.
Speaker 1: I said, Hunt, Just just go for it. Okay, Yeah, I mean, just go for it. I do have a refined palate, Danny. Okay, then you can do the complicated.
Speaker 2: The ultimate power move bringing a celebrity chef.
Speaker 1: Hello, another celebrity chef. I'm only going to wear an apron. Yeah, I would be so disappointed. I probably leave alone would be the problem.
Speaker 2: Just don't, dude.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 5: I told the kids. I told the kids I was I had to do the show today, and they were like, can we come with you? I was like, what. They've never asked to come with me to my real job ever, not once, but to go see Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Let's go, let's get in the car, get the by.
Speaker 2: Your real job is so exciting.
Speaker 1: But we're, uh, we're planning. We're going to plan the menu. She brought it up last night. She goes, oh, we still have to make dinner for Shay and his wife.
Speaker 2: Excellent, only endangered species.
Speaker 1: And I said, okay, but I said, just go for it. It's going to be Italian probably, but I just said, just go for it.
Speaker 2: A confusion.
Speaker 1: Just no, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Verse Italian.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean it will be handmade pasta stuff, no ship made. Yeah, yeah, she handmakes postaya for real. Yeah, damn should make your own gravy really. Oh yeah yeah, we're not kidding.
Speaker 5: Roommate can't do that.
Speaker 1: I mean, the fucking game is on, Like if we're playing, we're playing.
Speaker 5: Because her dinner was pretty good. It's pretty damn good. Conversation was good. I mean all of this, the whole thing that he's a good hostess. She is a wonderful hostess. Better be. She ain't gota do ship out. Wow, Wow, put up with me.
Speaker 1: She's got a tough job. She's got a really tough job. Bad Larry, Good luck with the tuxedo. We all look forward to that beautiful day on that Friday, and uh, a few weeks from now.
Speaker 3: First, thank you, Dan, I'm back on the road. Shan Dyllan, good luck, Marve always a pleasure. Ray, Thanks buddy.
Speaker 1: And that's it. That's so that Dan Patrick takes a gamble. We've done it again.
Speaker 4: And Dan, one quick thing my mom asked me the other day. She is pretty convinced that Larry does not want us to go to his wedding. Do you think it's the offers genuine or is he.
Speaker 5: He didn't offer?
Speaker 1: Did he he didn't?
Speaker 2: Did we just tell him we're guy?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, so it's not, you know, disingenuous his offer there there was no offer to be disingenuous, Paul, Yeah, all right, I invited you to Larry's daughter's wedding. Yeah, as my plus one one and a half plus one plus one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's simple math.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Larry's usually with a threesome, so why can't I be that's true?
Speaker 2: Yeah, hypocritical Larry your address, Yeah you will.
Speaker 1: By the end of the night. You might.
Speaker 2: But okay, let's transitioning.
Speaker 1: We've we've done it. We've done enough. We've got Marvin Shayan, Irving, Dylan Ray, yours truly bad Larry. Good luck this weekend everybody, and I truly mean that. We'll talk to you next week.