Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Carol Masser along with Tim Stanvick. Let's get to some stocks on the move. She was giggling and laughing at us as we were talking.
Speaker 4: That would be too We're talking about MLI, Rafaeyo. She is Bloomberg News credit reporter Emily. What are you watching?
Speaker 1: Okay, So you guys were just talking about how we're seeing a risk on rally with most of the equity market. But let's start with Netflix because that was a big name that reported earnings last night. Ticker NFLX, one of the worst performers in the S and P five hundred down about nine percent, actually saw its biggest inter day drop today since April twenty twenty two. It's erased some of those losses, but it's still deeply in the red. The second quarter revenue and EPs forecast missed last night, and when you look at what most of Wallstreet is saying, there's just kind of like disappointment with Netflix, and I think these earnings results, it's not like there was anything dire, but expectations were quite high heading into this. Cities comments particularly stood out to me. They said that the report is disappointing because even after Netflix abandons its bid for Warner Brothers, investors kind of suspected that we would see a share repurchase and they would raise their full year twenty twenty six margin outlook. But instead management suggested no change to their capital allocation strategy. They just maintained the outlook, and then they provided a worse than expected guidance. So overall, that kind of expected tailwind of oh, now they don't have this like big deal that potentially they were going to do, They're going to have maybe a healthier balance sheet, It just didn't really seem like that came through in these earnings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe it's just expectations, right, Yeah, Yeah, that's what's.
Speaker 4: Makes a point to say this in the letter every quarter, that what our guidance that we're giving is is like the internal guidance that we use, like we don't at it. We you know, what you see is what you get.
Speaker 3: That's the number that they believe in and stick to. Yeah, we've been talking about this a lot. You know, we also just talked with our Felix Gillette, who covers the media and entertainment industry, and you know, this is the massive player in the streaming area by a wide margin. So I invented it right, exactly.
Speaker 1: So, but they got a lot of competition, like we were talking about yesterday. Yeah, there's just so many options for streaming services when you go to sit down on the couch at night.
Speaker 4: But Netflix would say our biggest competition is YouTube and that's not even something exactly, Yeah that people think about as like, you know.
Speaker 3: Streaming exactly or you could sleep, Yeah.
Speaker 4: You could just not on a Friday night, Carol, just say it's pizza and Netflix.
Speaker 3: I know that's for HBO or some step stars. I don't know.
Speaker 4: All right, let's move on United Airlines also on your radar.
Speaker 1: Yes, so we're seeing a pretty big rally today in airline consumer discretion stocks. I picked United specifically because they're up well, they were up in the double digits now up just about seven percent, about eleven percent pop a little bit earlier for that stock. Ual is the ticker. And again this is all coming on traders kind of reading the recent geopolitical news as positive for the equity market. We had earlier today, Iron saying they would open the strait of horn Moose, So that's brought oil prices at least today down. That was something that was really pressuring these airline stocks, the idea that energy prices were going to go higher. Airlines, We're going to have to pay more for jet fuel. At least in the trade today, that move is you know, erasing itself, and we're seeing these airlines stocks higher.
Speaker 3: All nine names in the S and P Supercomposite Airline Index are higher in today's session. So you see discretionaire overall, and a lot of travel like cruise lines, right, who are obviously are impacted by all of this. All right, let's get to I love that you're going to go here. I'm thinking to add this to my gainer Listka.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, because I was going to pick a cruise line, but I thought that was the matic love just the same as United Airlines. So I'm actually going with my strategy formerly known as micro Strategy, the ticker MSTR. Of course, this is the bitcoin holding company, so it's very tied to risk on moves in the equity market and of course a move in bitcoin. So we're seeing bitcoin above seventy seven thousand, and that's the first time in a couple of weeks that we've seen I think the first time since February that we've seen it top seventy eight thousand. Again, all on this risk, on on this positive development in the geopolity.
Speaker 4: Micro strategy up, sorry, strategy up more than ten percent as a result.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, of today about ten percent.
Speaker 3: Big move to thepside. Emily Grafel, Thank you, OA Stockmovers.
Speaker 2: Check it out.
Speaker 3: You can find it on Apple, Spotify, anywhere you get your podcast.
Speaker 2: This stock Mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on app Old car Play and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm