Speaker 1: Back to back classics that time where you just get double the dose.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for being here.
Speaker 1: It's Brick and Jeffrey in the morning, and this is your second Date Update podcast. Before we just jump right in, I love to start. Alexis especially loves to start with comments.
Speaker 2: I do. I love this. This part is my favorite. Getting a whole list of them.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, I feel like I'm making some little investigative work. Absolutely, And but Kenya Kenneth said, am I the only listener in Uganda? I felt sad after missing a full week of episodes due to internet shutdown.
Speaker 2: Oh no, well look at this.
Speaker 1: I just looked it up and there's actually four of you and Uganda.
Speaker 2: Hey, look at that. You guys have to find each other. The odds are like, yeah, you need someone to talk about it absolutely, like you're the other one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so let us know when you guys are all together and you find each other.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: He thank you for being here wherever you are in the world. He shout out your country if you want to. Yeah, we love love to see where you're listening from. It's Brick and Jeffrey and your second eight podcast starts right now.
Speaker 4: The great thing about dating rock stars is their famously low drama. What particularly drummers Tommy Lee, Travis Barker, animal from the Muppets, notoriously stable, even Keel.
Speaker 2: Dude, he was a walking red flag.
Speaker 4: Jeff Well, that's why we were shocked when we heard a local musician was on a first hangout with a lady and a tense situation went down involving an unexpected visitor.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm laughing because we were playing a guitar solo and talking about drummers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we didn't have a lot of drums. System have what we worked with, But this guy needs our help. You're gonna hear it. A second date update right after.
Speaker 5: This, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Second date update.
Speaker 4: Who is the worst person that could randomly show up and surprise you on your date? Your dad?
Speaker 6: I love it if my dad showed up.
Speaker 2: He everybody loves my dad too. Ye would suck because my day would be like.
Speaker 4: Who was go hang on with? Whom happens a lot? Maybe your grandma because she made you a hand sandwich so you'd have enough energy to last the entire night.
Speaker 6: Okay, are so cute? Is really old. I don't think she knows which grandchild I am anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Charlie.
Speaker 4: Apparently it got a little awkward for our listener Jack because he says somebody from his past kind of crashed his date the other night. And Jack, I've not read your email yet, so I'm just gonna assume it was your third grade teacher who gave you a C in handwriting, Miss mccrowsky.
Speaker 7: No, it's even worse than that.
Speaker 2: Wow, Yeah, my.
Speaker 7: Ex showed up?
Speaker 2: Shut up?
Speaker 1: Is it one of those drama things where it's an ex who's been following you around and can't get over you and then just causes all sorts of business.
Speaker 2: Is that it?
Speaker 7: Well, it hasn't really happened before, but it is't. Starting to kind of feel that way after that.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well it was natural, like it just happened kind of thing.
Speaker 4: I guess we have to hear the story, tell us how it went.
Speaker 7: So I'm a I'm a musician. I played drums in the band. Wow.
Speaker 4: Is that have anything to do with the story or is that just a flex you wanted to tell us out there?
Speaker 2: I mean it's a good flex.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Okay, what's the setup?
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, that has to do with the story.
Speaker 2: Okay, so where did you meet the girl that you were going to go out with? Not your ex?
Speaker 7: So we've actually been talking through Instagram and I've been chatting with her and seemed like things were starting to feel like there was some chemistry there. So I invited her to the show so she can come watch me play.
Speaker 2: Now that's a flex. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: I love having a comedy show because girls are like, can I come? Like I think it's not sold out?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why I invited miss mccruff's to my concert. Beside, Yeah, so that she boosts up that handwriting grade. But it got weird.
Speaker 2: You're great handwriting, it worked.
Speaker 6: You're flexing on the wrong women, I.
Speaker 8: Know.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Jack, tell us how it went with you and your concert.
Speaker 7: Well, so before the show started, I was chatting with this girl. Her name is Andrea. We were having a good time, and right before the gig starts and I'm about to go up on stage, my ex walks in.
Speaker 1: This makes more sense though, because it's like a public venue, you're obviously going to be playing. I thought she was going to be like crashing your dinner danger Yeah, like she.
Speaker 6: Didn't know you were going to be there. She knows you're in a band. Yeah, she's doing this on purpose.
Speaker 4: Your band's probably like advertising it on social media, so it's everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how long ago did you guys break up?
Speaker 7: Well, it's been like a year or so, so it's like new and old.
Speaker 2: So you're shocked to see her then.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've like seen her around, but I hadn't really like seen her face to face or anything. And the biggest problem was she was wearing the jersey that she stole from me when we broke up.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, this girl's friends need to get her other plans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is she doing?
Speaker 4: Well, clearly I think she knows exactly what she's trying to do at least, and yeah, clearly he's she's getting into your head.
Speaker 1: Dude, Wait, we're not doing this second date because we're calling your ex, are we?
Speaker 7: Oh no?
Speaker 4: No, okay, because I was about to feel really bad about talking so much trash about Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, so at the end of the day, like we got to hang out after the said me and the girl I've been talking with while I'm trying to talk to you guys about Andrea.
Speaker 2: Andrea that you met on Instagram.
Speaker 6: I thought it was Andrea?
Speaker 7: Did it was?
Speaker 6: And I remembered it?
Speaker 7: No, no, Andrea?
Speaker 1: All right, Oh so that is wrong. He's drumming a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah syllables. There's three beats to it, so yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you did get someone on one time with her?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Before the show we were chatting a little bit, but then afterwards we were going to have our meet and greet where, you know, we just have some fans come around. I spent about fifteen minutes. It took way longer than I'm meant for it to and she ended up telling me she needed a bounce.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have fun on a date like that.
Speaker 6: No, it's not fun. I have my experience. The girls do not like to wait around for you.
Speaker 2: But it's not only that. You start to feel lame, like you start to feel like, what am I doing?
Speaker 1: Why am I by myself while this guy is talking to everybody else.
Speaker 2: I feel really pathetic right now.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I mean it just continues to get worse. During the meet and greet, I had to introduce my ex to Andrea.
Speaker 6: What they were together?
Speaker 2: Like, wait, did you introduce her as your ex.
Speaker 7: Well, no, but it just sort of came up because they were talking and it just became a thing where I was trying to pull her away and my ex was sort of being a toxic you know, sort of seeing that.
Speaker 1: I bet your ex just ruined your chances. I mean told her something about you that true or not?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I mean I didn't see them talking a lot, but when I did see them talking, I just try to rush over and pull her away, and then before you know it, it's like, oh, do you guys know each other? And I'm not trying to lie on their day.
Speaker 4: But at no point after the show, you were never able to get alone time with Andrea and just connect with her.
Speaker 2: Andrea not more than that.
Speaker 7: For her, because she was like, hey, I just got to go, and she just bounced. And then on top of that all like just to cherry on top, then my ex comes back over and offers to give me my jersey back, and it's bragging about how that's all she's whare.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, I'm really trying to get back or she's just trying to mess with you.
Speaker 2: Do we have to ask did you take the jersey back? Did you hook up? With her that night.
Speaker 7: I did not not that night. No, that's good.
Speaker 4: Well, let's make this phone call and we'll reassure Andaria that she is one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: How do you say it different? Every single time?
Speaker 4: What I'm saying, what he said, Andrea almost called her diarrhea. Whatever. We'll call this lady, and we'll try and get you your second date update right after this.
Speaker 5: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning, Second date Update.
Speaker 4: We're just joining us our listener. Jack was on a first date that just kept going from bad to worse to Florida bad as it could get. First, his ex girlfriend randomly shows up to the concert where his band was performing. She was wearing his jersey, which she stole after their breakup, and ended up speaking to his date. And who knows what she said to her during that interaction.
Speaker 2: I know it was a short interaction, but I bet she got some damage.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: Because it's definitely not a good sign that Andrea decided to duck out early for the night.
Speaker 1: I am so glad you practiced her name eighty times before we win it.
Speaker 4: I wrote it out phonetically. That's good, so make sure I got it right. But Jack, You just want to redo, like a start over on your date, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and not at a concert. We're gonna go get drinks or do something a little bit more normal.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yes, at the bar where your ex bar test show up where she works.
Speaker 2: Definitely start bartending that night.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean that's what sucks is you were trying to kind of not show off, but like show her something you're really interested in, and then it totally backfired.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just felt like a Murphy's Law night. Everything went wrong.
Speaker 4: Okay, one of those. Well, everybody hits rock bottom at some point, and for a lot of people, that's when you're on this show. So only places up from here. Let's give Andrea call and see if she picks up.
Speaker 7: You ready, Yeah, let's give it a go.
Speaker 4: Okay, Hello, Hi is this Andrea?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hey, you're on the radio right now with a show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 4: Why Why I like it?
Speaker 2: Are you right to the point?
Speaker 4: You sound a little scared, But you don't have to be because this is a segment. It's like a friendly thing. We do call the second Date Update, and we're trying to help one of our listeners get back in touch with you after you went out the other night.
Speaker 9: Okay, but if I'm not answering, why would I want to talk to them now?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you may not want to. I think it's more that we're trying to figure it out why.
Speaker 4: Because the guy is really confused after your hangout. His name's Jack. You went to his concert, well, and I guess confused his interviews doesn't necessarily the right word. I think he knows that night didn't go perfectly.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, no, it was super awkward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'd love to hear. I mean, your side of it, right.
Speaker 9: I mean, I don't really know why I tell you that.
Speaker 7: It just seems that's valid.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, here's what we know from Jack. He says that you were supposed to go to his concert, his ex girlfriend randomly showed up uninvited and basically caused a scene.
Speaker 2: Not a scene, I mean she introduced herself.
Speaker 4: And that's a scene for a guy.
Speaker 1: I mean it was definitely a stressful moment for him, and like super regrettable. He wishes that he would have done something totally different for your first date.
Speaker 9: I mean, I don't know it was I was really excited to see his band and see him play, and it just seemed like it got more awkward as the night went on. Like, I don't know he he just seemed really sketched out by the whole thing, but also kind of still polite to her. It was very strange polite.
Speaker 2: I mean, wouldn't he have to be polite? What do you want him to be? You don't want to see a man yelling at his ex.
Speaker 6: Women.
Speaker 4: And I mean he is working at the same time too, Like he has to put on a good face to do the show.
Speaker 6: He's a rock star. I don't know how polite. It's like he could spit on someone and.
Speaker 4: They'd be like, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you mean?
Speaker 9: He was flirting?
Speaker 6: What flirting?
Speaker 1: Wait, flirting with you his ex?
Speaker 9: Yes, Like he introduced me to her and like it seemed like their vibe was still very slurty.
Speaker 4: Really, are you sure?
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, I don't think that you were overreacting, But is there any way maybe you were being a little sensitive just because of the situation, which would be understandable.
Speaker 9: I mean maybe, but I don't think so. Like she cornered me in the bathroom and she's like talking about how he's still in love with her. He's wearing his jersey and talking about how he gave this to her at the end of the relationship and then still open a door. I don't know, Like I didn't really know how to respond to her at all.
Speaker 1: I could totally see why you wouldn't want to see him again because of the drama, but she sounds unhinged, like that is definitely not not it.
Speaker 9: I mean, I was actually thinking that, like, maybe she's the wacko. You know, she's got this ulterior motive that wants to get back with him. But this is the worst part in this whole thing, and really what makes me not want to go out with him at all what she was telling me about his nickname for her and how she can't wait to be his coaka two or I don't know some songbirds and he was calling me that during our Instagram like messages.
Speaker 1: No, no, it's like his babe.
Speaker 6: Yeah, cool dude.
Speaker 2: It's also just weird to give you a name before even meeting you.
Speaker 9: I mean, I thought it was cute because it's a songbird and he totally played it off. But he obviously does that with multiple women.
Speaker 1: That's okay, I mean, but that doesn't mean that he's a bad guy.
Speaker 2: It just means that he's uncreative.
Speaker 4: Yeah, before this gets any more awkward, I should just tell you this, Andrea, that Jack is listening on the other line waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 9: You're joking, right, like he's not really on the phone.
Speaker 4: No, No, that's kind of how this whole thing works.
Speaker 7: Jack.
Speaker 4: Are you are you there?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Hey, hi, Andrea?
Speaker 9: Oh why would you embarrass me twice? Like that night was awkward? And now I'm on the radio talking to strangers about you, like this is weird.
Speaker 7: Well, first of all, I wanted to apologize for the way that night went, but you wouldn't even answer my calls to let me do that, So obviously that mad. Sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they start with the apology Jack instead of.
Speaker 7: Well I thought that obviously she just showed up, right, and she's telling you things that aren't true.
Speaker 9: And yeah, but she didn't lie about the nick name. You called me that from like our third day of talking and made it seem like it was so special to me. That's like major ick man.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, but out of all of the cockatials out there, you are my favorite one.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's got to feel good.
Speaker 9: I'm not buying it.
Speaker 1: Sweet, Are you buying that he isn't interested in his exo?
Speaker 2: Does it that part? Do you buy?
Speaker 9: I mean, I totally believe she was a psycho because she was giving me crazy eyes. Honestly, but psychos attracts psycho so it just doesn't give me a good bbe.
Speaker 7: So look, I was listening when she told you that I gave her that jersey. She stole it from me when she broke up with me. I mean, I'm trying to be play with her because she's crazy. She's gonna keey my car and light it on fire if I'm.
Speaker 9: Eating to keep my car or light it on fire, I don't want to deal with that. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Some people could see it as like Jack is such a great boyfriend that it drove her to madness. With how strong and wonderful the relationship is, she's unwilling to lose it.
Speaker 1: Okay, But honestly, though, like there's psychos don't always attract psychos. Like there's people that want to see the best in others and they run past the red flags. I mean, we've all been in relationships with somebody that was some level of crazy.
Speaker 4: Right, We're definitely not just talking about ourselves here, right.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just.
Speaker 1: Saying like he can't be labeled psycho just because he had a psycho X.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm saying. I don't think that's fair.
Speaker 7: Well, thank you.
Speaker 9: Well he has bad judgment then, because why would he go out with her? I think he dated like a year with this girl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a rock star. He doesn't have time to make great romantic decisions.
Speaker 2: You know, the good psychos aren't psycho at first.
Speaker 6: It's slowly yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a slow burn into psychosis.
Speaker 9: I don't I don't want to go out with him.
Speaker 4: You didn't even give me a chance to offer a free date on us.
Speaker 9: But well I should tell you that I don't really want to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're here, I think too, Jack.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I feel like that's my out. Guys.
Speaker 2: Maybe you can make like.
Speaker 1: A sad rock drum song out of it, you know, use it as fire for your next kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I need a thirty second solo and maybe alert security about your girlfriend.
Speaker 4: I don't know, it sounds like she's still into it. You always have another option.
Speaker 7: I mean, at this point, if she just keeps showing up, maybe I'll just take her back. Who knows.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the sign. If you love a bird, you have to let the cockatile fly free, and if it comes back to you, that's the sign.
Speaker 2: And cockati is a terrible pet name. Think of something else.
Speaker 4: I kind of agree. You got to work shop that one, Jack.
Speaker 7: I mean, guys, I've got two cockatiels in my life and one's just blown away and I don't even know if I want to keep the other one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're in a cockatil mess.
Speaker 4: Two cockaile heels in the hand is worth one in the bush.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you're the statue, sometimes a bird sitting.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: You're a rock star. You don't have these kinds of problems.
Speaker 7: You're right, guys. I'm just gonna get back out there.
Speaker 6: There to meet girls after show.
Speaker 4: Jeffrey in the morning, Man, when are we going to get people on this show that say, you know what, I like the drama.
Speaker 5: I need more.
Speaker 4: Chaos and excitement in my life. Bring the X back for our second date.
Speaker 2: Let's get three x's in here.
Speaker 4: Where are those people? Because everybody these days is so drama avoidant. It just it really messes with our content for the show.
Speaker 2: Like stability. Who wants that?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 6: This is literally why reality TV dating shows thrive. Yes, we got a rock star and then random women. One of them is X.
Speaker 2: How you noticed on those it's all the same people too though.
Speaker 4: It really I mean, look, I'm excited for all like the happy, stable people out there, but we need drama heavy content to post on our podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, maybe he really will get back with his X and then they'll be an awkward Tuesday phone call about maybe.
Speaker 2: The Jersey like that. I mean, there's still potential with this guy.
Speaker 4: That's right, we can dream. Hopefully he'll be back to be on our podcast, which is available online wherever you get yours at Brook and.
Speaker 5: Jeffrey Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Everyone deals with nerves in different ways. Yeah, Jose bites his fingernails, Brook twirls her hair and scratches her armpits. And a lot of people don't know this, but when I get a little bit panicky, my childhood made Lucy calls me on the phone and sings me to sleep. In Spanish.
Speaker 2: You fall asleep in the middle of whatever you're doing because you're a.
Speaker 4: Little nervous day anytime of day, even in my thirties. It is still soothing and healthy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, very healthy.
Speaker 4: Our listener Kyle wished he he had a loose What happened on the way to his first meet up with a woman? You're gonna find out no second date update right after this.
Speaker 5: Broken Jeffrey in the Morning second date update.
Speaker 4: This is not a new thing. It's a broken Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: We've been doing this segment for a long time.
Speaker 4: Jeff Well, not in that segment. I mean, it's not new that we've talked about. When you're more than five to ten minutes late to a first date, I think we can all agree at least a text is needed to give them an update.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeahntes, I even think five five yeah.
Speaker 10: Five.
Speaker 2: Sitting there alone feels like a.
Speaker 4: Long But the thing is, what do you say to keep it light and fun? Still? Do you go with like a sorry, I'm late. I just needed some extra time to emotionally prepare myself for how hot you are?
Speaker 1: Did that take you five minutes to come up with it? I feel like you're sitting on the door.
Speaker 4: You can just walk, I mean, use the wasted time the right way again? Or do you go with my personal favorite, Sorry, I'm late. My pants were fighting me and frankly they lost what.
Speaker 2: Because you don't have pants exactly?
Speaker 4: Keep it mysterious and clarty, so that she's wondering the whole time, regretfully have them all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know that. I'm glad we're not doing textual healing right now.
Speaker 4: The reason that I bring it all up, all this lateness is because our buddy Kyle says he was late for his date the other day, and I want to know what he texted to her. Kyle, what was your line when you were late?
Speaker 10: I didn't really have a line. I kind of was just like, hey, sorry, I'm going to late.
Speaker 2: That's solid, is great.
Speaker 4: I don't want to use the fighting pants line the next time, because I will to use it.
Speaker 2: Next time.
Speaker 4: I don't like a lot of communication apparently.
Speaker 6: But also, if you think about it, you don't want to make a big deal. You're already late. You want to make it quick.
Speaker 4: I'll be right there. Okay, you're done with questions. Question those questions for you. Tell us about your date. Oh, what was this lady's name that you met the other day?
Speaker 10: So her name is Ashley?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I would ask where you met her, but I apparently am just really Upsetod.
Speaker 4: That's a terrible question. Go back to the date, Kyle.
Speaker 10: So I kind of introduced her through some mutual friends. I haven't met her yet. This is going to be our first time.
Speaker 2: Meeting, so it's like an old fashioned blind date.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So we were supposed to go to dinner and then you know, maybe it's like a movie. We didn't really have a clear plan. But it was Friday night and traffic was extremely bad.
Speaker 1: But wait, she devoted a Friday night date to you. That is already a good side.
Speaker 4: Wait, why is Friday a good sign you.
Speaker 2: Don't give up weekend nights?
Speaker 4: Friday Friday is a weekend.
Speaker 2: No, Well, if.
Speaker 6: It's a Tuesday afternoon date, Jeff, it's.
Speaker 4: Not hot, gotcha. So Friday night, you're saying traffic on the way was terrible.
Speaker 10: You know how some people when they get nervous, they like shape their knee like they're like bumping.
Speaker 7: It up and down.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I was doing that a lot, to the point where my shoe came off. I was driving like I was extremely nervous.
Speaker 2: Panic attack while you were driving in a shoe came off.
Speaker 7: I was freaking out. I didn't.
Speaker 10: I didn't want to be late, so I had to pull over to fix it. But when I pulled over, I guess my car was sticking out in the road too much, and this guy that was talking at me, and you know, I'm not the most patient person. So we got into a little bit of I would call it a little bit of road range.
Speaker 4: This is all before you arrived to the date. This is explaining, this.
Speaker 10: Is leading up to the date.
Speaker 1: Why you're not in a good mindset, My friend, you're a road rage guy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I wouldn't say I'm I'm a road rage guys. Point why I galloped the car on, screaming, but you know, like I'm young and I'm lifting up my shoe being like, hey, all I'm trying to do is what this all I'm trying.
Speaker 4: To Okay, now it looks like you're threatening the other day.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm really glad all you said to your date was sorry, I'm late. Yeah, any more explanation of what just went down could have been.
Speaker 2: A red fla.
Speaker 10: I'm trying. Okay, I'm trying. I'm really sorry, my best That's why I tried to keep a simple but I was getting close to the restaurant, and I realized that my breath though I had a little bit of garlic for lunch.
Speaker 1: So wait, now you have sticky breadth are late and you were just in a road range incident.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it had been a very long, long day.
Speaker 4: His date doesn't know any of that.
Speaker 2: Well, I understand. I'm just thinking of his mental state.
Speaker 1: Walking into the restaurant seems great.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking, dishoveled. Did you stop to get gum?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 10: So I told her that I stopped at the drug store to get something. I didn't tell it was umb. I didn't want her to know.
Speaker 4: Oh, she probably thinks you're stopping to get prophylactics for the end of the day.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking something worse, like an antibiotic for Oh.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, No, I didn't tell her, but I let her know. So I got there around like twenty five to thirty minutes late.
Speaker 4: Ooh, that's too late.
Speaker 2: And it sounds like you're doing errands instead.
Speaker 6: You say, I'm stopping at the store.
Speaker 2: Yeap, What was it like you?
Speaker 10: You could tell that she was a little annoyed, and I understand that because I would be, But you know, I apologize.
Speaker 7: She eventually kind of.
Speaker 10: Just like rolled her eyes, made a joke about it, and we moved on.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, so it sounds like things are getting back on track.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I mean I ordered those both doubles when we got there because we both had a rough day. Everything seemed like it was gonna be okay. But as dinner started ending, like I started realizing, like she definitely brought up going back to her place anymore, and we talked about that a lot in the text, so I was like, oh, I tried to hint at it a little bit. I had a couple of drinks, so you know, I wasn't like in my best date of mind, so I tried to hint at it. I was like, wow, you know, it's so early, we could go and do.
Speaker 4: Whatever, trying to get her to take the lead to be like, oh, let's do movies now.
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah exactly. I was like I'll go, Yeah, we could like go back to your place and watch a movie or you.
Speaker 6: Know, this is why you plany Friday night meals. Last Friday night date was like, we'll have the date and if things go well, then maybe we can hang out after two.
Speaker 10: Because it's Friday exactly. Man, we had that whole conversation. Everything seemed like it was leading to that point, and then she hits me with, oh, you know, I'm a school teacher, so I have to grade capers.
Speaker 1: Oh you know, it's Friday night, late night paper graded after a couple of drinks.
Speaker 2: Did you believe that?
Speaker 7: No, I didn't believe that. Yeah, it is a Friday night.
Speaker 10: You are here with me getting drinks on a Friday night. There's no way you're gonna go home and go Yeah you know, I'm just gonna grade some of you.
Speaker 6: I'm just pretty funking before the real party starts.
Speaker 7: Rain.
Speaker 4: You're not a dedicated school teacher, though, are you?
Speaker 1: Like you're actually, I'm wondering if she decided before she even saw you, just because you're half an hour late. You come in, you do a bunch of apologies.
Speaker 4: Like missing your shoe, you order a double shot the second. I don't know why she wouldn't want to go out.
Speaker 1: I'm just wondering if she didn't give you the chance that maybe you were hoping for.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, and I mean again, like I understand, but I feel like I tried my best to like bring the conversations back on conversations there weren't weren't bad like it seems like everything was going well.
Speaker 6: But yeah, but when you're that late, you're starting in the hole.
Speaker 4: The good news is we live in that hole, so we can help. We know all the ways to get out of it. We're gonna try and help you. We're gonna call, We're gonna try and get you your second date update with Ashley right after this.
Speaker 5: Hold on brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: If you're just joining us for the second date update. We've been talking to Kyle and here's the unfortunate thing that happened to him, without any fault of his own. He was late. Yeah, I mean I I would really like a bunch of Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, the shoe came off because he was nervous and he couldn't control it.
Speaker 2: That he got in a fight with the guy.
Speaker 4: A few people in our studio do assume that he walked in looking disheveled and bloody and angry and immediately ordered himself a double shot.
Speaker 2: I don't know where he got bloody either. Je blooded him up the way.
Speaker 6: How bad is rush hour for you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's not a great look. But let's remember he did order her a double shot too. Yeah, let's get him a little bit of credit.
Speaker 2: It was a double shot. I thought it was just a double drink. It is so impressive come with shot glasses compared to coming with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fair point. You guys are right. But apparently there was some texting before the date about possibly hanging out afterwards, maybe even to watch a movie at her place, which is something that she never brought up. So was she turned off by his lateness or was it something else. That's our job to figure out and do whatever we can to help Kyle get another hang out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we never even heard Kyle. Have you talked to her since the date?
Speaker 10: No? No, I haven't. I've been trying to get it. Yeah, so I had, I had reached out. I didn't hear anything. So so my friends said, had asked, how did they go? I kind of told them what happened that they could, like see if they could do any digging for me, And I never really heard anything back.
Speaker 4: Man, you never talked to your friends about your dating life?
Speaker 2: If you set them up.
Speaker 4: No, always come to us first. We'll give you an honest opinion whether or not you're gonna like it at all.
Speaker 2: Maybe she's still grading papers. It's just been really busy school.
Speaker 6: You don't want her because she's boring.
Speaker 2: She's a great.
Speaker 1: Teacher, boring exactly.
Speaker 4: So let's just call her. We'll see if she picks up and hopefully has some answers for us. But I'm going to dial her number right now. It's Ashley, right, yeah, okay, miss Ashley. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 4: Hi is this Ashley?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: How you doing today?
Speaker 7: H Who is?
Speaker 4: This is a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: Your favorite students.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 4: No, you're on the radio right now. Okay, we're Brooking Jeffrey in the Morning and we're doing a segment called a second Date Update.
Speaker 1: I wish it was that Teacher of the Year segment that we do, but okay, so what is it?
Speaker 4: Uh? See? This is a dating segment where we try to help out our listeners who have gone out with somebody and afterwards, if they're not getting a call back, we try to help figure out the reason why.
Speaker 7: Okay, and you.
Speaker 4: According to our sources, went out with one of our listeners named Kyle recently.
Speaker 2: Our source is Kyle.
Speaker 8: Just so you know, well, don't give away, Yeah, what about it?
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, Kyle had some really nice things to say about you and about your date.
Speaker 8: That's surprising.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh, it's surprising that he enjoyed.
Speaker 8: It, that he was talking about me and not himself.
Speaker 4: Oh, because the thing is, Kyle isn't one hundred percent sure why you aren't meeting up a second time. He does acknowledge that he was late to the date, and he okay, he.
Speaker 8: Did tell you that. Okay, So yeah, he's still on that. Okay, Yes, he was late. He was very late.
Speaker 2: Wait, he's still on that? What do you mean by that?
Speaker 8: I mean, before I even see this guy, I get three separate texts within like the forty five minutes late. He was, Oh, I think I'm gonna be late. Sorry, I'm gonna be late. Looks like I'm going to be late. I was like, for the love of god.
Speaker 4: Well hold on, don't you like the communication to let you know?
Speaker 8: I mean, you can just say it once and give me an eta and then like I can chill. It's just like play by play was like not native and I can see.
Speaker 1: It sounded like he was really nervous before the date and that he was really looking forward to it. So maybe he just overdid the communication because he felt bad.
Speaker 4: So was it already over even by the time that he just arrived at the restaurant?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 8: Not necessarily, but I mean it's like all we talked about. He's like, Okay, so this happened in my shoe and.
Speaker 2: Then the god like shoot the.
Speaker 8: Drug store and I'm I'm like, oh my god. I'm like, okay, okay, are we gonna like are we going to go on a date? Are we just going to like recap the reason you relate to this date in the first place.
Speaker 6: So already trying to move on though that's a good song.
Speaker 8: No, one hundred percent. I understand things happen. You can be late. But then that's like all he's I mean, guys, he was like stopping the waiter. I was like, finally, I'm freaking starving, like with or something. He said, no, no, I'll give us fifty minutes. I got to talk to her and then just like went on and on about the lateness and I'm like, can I get a taco? Like please?
Speaker 2: Okay, wait?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 1: Like what if he was just nervous, you know, like he messed up and he knows it.
Speaker 8: It almost feels like he planned this to have like subject matter to talk about on this date.
Speaker 1: Well, he planned to be late and the shoe just so he had conversation.
Speaker 8: He was like, this could be interesting. It made him feel like I felt crazy. I was like, can we do can you talk about anything else?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, he's creating a date story.
Speaker 2: He did tell us the whole story, but only once. Yeah, he told us once.
Speaker 8: He loved the story. It's his favorite story. And I can't believe he called the radio to tell it again.
Speaker 4: You maybe we can hear one more time when we bring him on right now, because he is on the other line. He really is. He's there listening and hoping to talk to you. Kyle.
Speaker 10: Hi, Actually, what's up?
Speaker 8: Kyle?
Speaker 7: All right? You know you do.
Speaker 10: I totally understand what you're saying, Like I get it.
Speaker 7: I didn't really mean to, but I.
Speaker 10: Just wanted you to know, like it really was a crazy situation. Like I was driving, I really didn't know like what else to do because I was I was just nervous. My shoe fell off.
Speaker 8: Like you guys, you get that part yea wait wait wait wait wait wait?
Speaker 4: Which foot? Which foot was the shoe on?
Speaker 8: Don't encourage him, Kyle, don't tell the story again.
Speaker 10: Okay, okay, okay, yeah, yes, absolutely, I get I repeated a lot of times, but like, do you understand how crazy of the story.
Speaker 8: It is, though, Like you, I don't want you to the lady.
Speaker 10: At the stores, she's okay, you guys, let's call time out on the conversation.
Speaker 4: There's a lot going on here, and I want to save some of Kyle's story for the side podcast that we do with Brook, Alexis and Jose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just the shoe story. Yeah, we just do a shoe story podcast.
Speaker 4: Clearly, Clearly, Ashley, he was very, very flustered by the journey over to meet up with you on the date, and he felt like it was important to at least get it out there to explain himself.
Speaker 8: He's literally still doing it, I know, but I.
Speaker 2: Think it's because he's defensive, and more.
Speaker 4: Importantly, it's because he likes you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and you know, I was really looking forward to going back to your house, you know, watching that movie, and you know, maybe we could have ended up doing something like later on that night. Like I was really just how could we even dot all?
Speaker 8: You're gonna keep doing is talking about this. I'm swear, I'm flustering, dude, like it's a wrap, Like, what are we doing on the radio?
Speaker 4: Okay, what we're doing is we're going to offer to send you out on another date with Kyle. But I'm assuming you're probably too busy grading like school papers and you don't have a lot of free time in your schedule.
Speaker 2: By the way, Oh no.
Speaker 8: No, no, I'm I'm good. I'm completely free. But I just don't want to talk about too.
Speaker 2: That was such a cold excuse not to hang out with him again.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, what else was I supposed to do?
Speaker 7: Who was killing me?
Speaker 8: Like at least like I have, like I have an actual thing to do, that's like a job. Maybe he would like release me from the torture.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I didn't need to laugh. It's just she has very.
Speaker 1: Clear boundaries of yes, she wants and that's that's respectable.
Speaker 4: But I don't.
Speaker 8: I just want to have a meal. I don't like. That's not a huge boundary.
Speaker 10: Okay, Okay, as I get it, I get it, I get it. You don't want me to recap, but you're talking about this meal. The meal, the meal, the meal, the meal, all the time.
Speaker 8: That's are you out of your mind?
Speaker 4: I mean, does have a point.
Speaker 10: I'm just saying you were talking about recapping and then now we're recapping this whole thing about how I.
Speaker 8: Didn't talk about like.
Speaker 5: Reverb.
Speaker 1: Let's end this, yes, right now, so we send you out one more time, last chance, I think, end the story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this story is over.
Speaker 8: Hey, goodbye radio people.
Speaker 4: Oh man, Kyle, I'm sorry, man.
Speaker 10: Well to be honest, good because I need I need someone with a wat attention man who can at least like entertain what's.
Speaker 7: Going on here.
Speaker 10: You know, I'm being I'm being told that I'm just doing too much, and she's doing the exact same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think you picked up what she was saying the story.
Speaker 8: Maybe she's like what he was saying.
Speaker 4: But okay, so much, Okay, but take us back to this traffic light. Okay, go back to the show because I'm still curious.
Speaker 10: I mean, if you actually want to know, I can.
Speaker 5: Keep going Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: You know, I felt bad for Kyle because he definitely wanted the whole world to hear about his harrowing story on the way to the date, and in his defense, a lot of dating is talking about things that happened to you in your life, and.
Speaker 2: She's different things and then asking about their things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, but I can also understand his date's perspective. She doesn't want to rehash the details over and over and hear how the sausage was made. She just literally wants to eat sausage.
Speaker 1: We were set up for failure from the beginning. We rehash what happened. I mean, that's the whole point of the segment is to rehash what happened on the date, which is exactly the last thing.
Speaker 4: She wanted to here, you feel against it. So man, still don't.
Speaker 2: Really understand the sausage thing.
Speaker 4: But yeah, but she didn't want to hear why he was late.
Speaker 2: She wanted a jeff Yeah exactly.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah that's just me. But whatever food you like to eat or talk about, we can help you in your dating life. You can always email the show and we can help call that person who hasn't calling you back. And go check out our Second Dates wherever you get your podcasts. They're available online at Brook and Jeffrey