Speaker 1: What's that at the bed spooky.
Speaker 2: I'm really sure it's dead. He's coming this way. Wait a minute, I said, I runs dress. P Hey boo, it's me Roz. I have got back. Gunner Death Wrench on the show today. Gunner, who you may know from Project Runway. He was on Project Runway All Stars. He has made costumes for some of the biggest names in showbiz, and he's also mega famous on TikTok Gunner's back. Gunner has also told me maybe the scariest story I've heard in my entire life. And if you haven't heard it, please do yourself a favor and go back and listen to when Gunner was on the show the first time. It was early on. It was originally on July eighteenth of twenty nineteen. But hey, the story does not expire. It is still terrifying and we talk about it a lot today. So check that out. Hey, you know what else is going on in the news. You may have heard another one of my favorite guests of all time, Cassandra Peterson, has a new book that just came out and it arrived in the mail. I cannot wait to read it. It is called Yours Cruelly Alvirah Memoirs of the Mistress of the Dark. I can't wait. You also may have heard she's made headlines with it because she has come out about her relationship with a woman the past nineteen years. And I'm so excited for her, and ugh, she's just she's my idol. She is my number one idol, and I cannot believe that she has been on this podcast. Anyway, I thought in this intro today I would tell you guys about, you know, some of the hot topics in the paranormal world. I always love that when I'm reporting the news in terms of the paranormal, I mean, come on, someone's got to talk about it. Why not be me? Why not be us? I love this shit. So the first thing I wanted to talk about was Harry Enton from CNN has done some digging around about people's beliefs in the paranormal and what he has found is that forty six percent of Americans believe in ghosts today compared to eleven percent forty years ago. So it says Americans' beliefs in ghosts has skyrocketed four hundred percent since the nineteen seventies. I blame the exorcist. Well, I mean the Exorcist that was I think early mid seventies. It's probably almost fifty years ago. But still so many movies the past forty years have come out, and I think, I just think it's movies. I think movies have affected people's beliefs on this stuff. I think the Poltergeist was, you know, really big in the eighties. Of course, the Conjuring movies, movies like that framed this as based on a true story. So I think that that adds validity for a lot of people on this topic. And TV shows, paranormal TV shows as well, the paranormal To my knowledge, what I hear a lot from people about paranormal TV is probably like the first like big show that really talked about this stuff a lot was called In Search of which was hosted by Leonard Nieboy Leonard Nimoy from Star Trek, and that was late seventies, early eighties ish, and then of course Unsolved Mysteries and then just a slew once we hit the early two thousands. So many paranormal TV shows that have been on, you know, of course ghost Hunters and you know, Ghost Adventures and all these shows that have been on over the years. I think that that that's now in people's homes. It's like it's entertainment. It's just a part of life. So I think that it's that and I love to hear it. Hey, it keeps me in business. I'm always shocked when people tell me that they love listening to the show, but they don't believe in ghosts. You know that happened. People tell me that. I will have people, or sometimes I'll have couples tell me that they that one of them will be like, oh, we love your show. She believes in it, or he believes in it, or they believe it. I don't believe in it, but you know it's fun. Hey, listen, if I can entertain you guys, if you guys enjoy these stories that you hear on the show. I'm not here to tell you what's real and what's not, but you know it's real. So forty six percent of Americans believe in this shit. I'd be really curious to know what that is worldwide. I don't know, but you know, my favorite TV show of all time, Celebrity ghost Stories. They would always say at the beginning of the episode. Seventy five percent of Americans believe that there are events that take place that cannot be explained. Over half of these people believe they have experienced paranormal events themselves, So I don't know. There's a lot of math going on here. I don't know much about any of that. But I'm happy to hear that people believe in this stuff. But also I'm fine with people not believing in this stuff. I don't know. I don't know what I'm even saying here. I'm just reporting the hard hitting news. I am the Diane Sawyer of the paranormal world, after all, and I'm just here to do my job. Something helps. I saw that was posted on cheat cheat dot com. I don't know if that's the original place where this was reported or not, but it says Jennifer Coolidge, who I love Jeffer Coolidge. Everyone loves Jennifer Coolidge. I mean, everyone loves Jennifer Coolidge. She's just the greatest. And to make her even better, says Jennifer, Coolidge revealed that she actually wants to see a ghost in her house, and apparently her house in New Orleans is haunted. Since two thousand and five, she has lived half the year in New Orleans or New Orleans. The house was built in eighteen sixty seven in the Lower Garden district. It is a classic Greek revival with iconic columns and heavy cast iron gate. Sophia Coppola's movie The Beguiled filmed most of the interior shots at Coolidge's house, says. Guests have reported that her house is haunted her White Lotus co star Connie Britton, who I love White Lotus and I love Connie Britain, says. She has described a time that she visited on a night when Coolidge said that these spirits were strong. I'm just imagining Jennifer Coolidge telling Connie Britain they're having a little slumber party, and I can just picture Jennifer Coolidge, the spirits are strong here tonight be careful, Connie, good night. I'm not good at impressions, says. Though she never saw a ghost, Britain admitted that the house felt haunted. Wait a minute, that reminds me, Actually, Connie Britton. One time I stumbled upon Wait, I'm gonna google this right now, because Connie Brittain had a ghost story number of years ago that happened in New Orleans. I thought, one second, let's see here, ps if you ever get to hang out with Connie Britton, I highly recommend doing it if you get the opportunity, because I did it one time with my best friend Sam Pancake, who is friends with her, and she is a delight here. It is okay wait. This is on Express dot co dot UK. She was shooting a film in New Orleans. This is in twenty fourteen. She rented a house which turned out to be haunted. She explains, we would sort of hear things bumping around. One night, I woke up and I thought I heard my son in the other room. I started to go back to sleep, and I just jolted up and I got out of my room and my friend was carrying my son up the stairs with him. He was screaming and crying, and I'm like, what's going on? And he says, I don't want to go back in there. I don't want to see those boys in my room. I was freaking out. But the scariest part about it was the way my son was looking at me. His eyes were just wide, and he was like, I don't want to go back in there with those boys. Get those boys out, and I'm like, it's okay. Meanwhile, I'm shaking. Of course, I did not sleep the rest of the night. My son did and he ended up being fine, and we ended up staying who are the boys? Okay? Anyway, back to this story from Jennifer Coolidge's Haunted House, Superstore, actors Nico Santo's I know, Nico Santo's and Ben Feldman had another story. You can't use the downstairs bathroom be because the ghost of a little girl is in there, so you have to go upstairs to the bathroom next to the room for her kimonos, Feldman said. Coolidge says she frequently hears stories like this one after people visit her home, and it says that she has said, I've heard people say, oh, there was an old sea captain sitting at the piano, and I've had people say there was a little girl bouncing a ball down the stairs. Though Coolidge says she feels a presence in her house, she's not sure it's a full ghost. I've lived there for fifteen years or something, and I've never seen a ghost in the house. It has a presence, the house has a feeling in it, but I've never seen one, but she wishes she had seen one. It says every year she hosts a giant Halloween party. Oh my god, that is so lovely. She has the ghost of an old sea captain and a little girl in her house in New Orleans obsessed. Okay, so guys, I can't wait to share my upcoming episodes with you all. I do have Michelle Bell and coming back, who I reference in today's episode. I also have an exciting one where I'm gonna be talking about UFOs with somebody from a new UFO TV show you may have heard about. I've got a TV star coming up. I've got listener episodes coming up. Of course, if you want to be on a listener episode, please send me an email to ghosted by rosatgmail dot com with the subject line listener episode and also on Patreon this week Patreon dot com slash rosdres fales. I thought I would show you my crystal collection and tell you my thoughts on crystals because I also talk about crystals today with Gunner death Ridge. If you want to hear a little bit more from my conversation with Gunner good Patron dot com slash rosdres fales on my second tier this week, I asked him about various paranormal phenomenas, including the Mothman and past lives, of which he has a lot to say about, and you know that kind of stuff, So go check it out. All right, here's me talking again with my friend Gunner death Ridge, on with the show. Oh my god, I am joined by return guest Gunner death Ridge. Hello, Hello world, how are you? I'm so good. I'm so happy that you've you have the time to come talk to me because you are so busy and I don't even know if you were I don't even know if TikTok was out the last time you were here.
Speaker 1: To be honest, I don't either, but I will always take a moment out of my day for you.
Speaker 2: Ah, thank you. You're now this a giant TikTok star on top of all the other things that you do, and I'm so happy to see it.
Speaker 1: I'm now the epitome of bless this mess, everyone's favorite Southern staying.
Speaker 2: I you know what I was thinking as I watch your videos. You always have the crystals, are you? Are you like a crystal? Are you a crystal quick crystal witch?
Speaker 1: You know I have to say, I'm I do love them. I have a bunch of them. It started with not wanting to pin my stuff down and the most like tangible thing for me at the moment where all these crystals that we had, I don't want a ton of thought into the full energy that crystals have. I'm not trying to like take away from anyone else's beliefs in that, but like for me personally, I just find them really aesthetically pleasing, uh huh, and they do their jobs, so it's just an easy thing to keep around, right.
Speaker 2: So is that how it started? Like you, you just thought they looked pretty, so you bought a few, and then yeah, well we had.
Speaker 1: A few laying around. But I mean yeah, because when I started out, I was like, well, I guess I should paint my nails. And then I was like, well I guess I should start wearing rings, and then I was like, well, let's just use crystals the way I'm down with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my thing with crystals, I mean, I'm not I'm not like a hundred percent convinced that a crystal has like all this power, you know, I personally don't know that I believe that. But whenever somebody tells me that a crystal will keep away demons or a crystal will make me more motivated or I don't know anything. I'm like, okay, well, okay, you sold me. You know, I'll buy it.
Speaker 1: The idea of it is really nice, right, Like I love it. I'm like, yes, this is a fixed all for me. I don't I think in my I'm like, this is a really sweet gesture and if it happens, amazing, I'm not going to count it out. But I'm also not going to like put all my eggs in the basket of hoping that crystal can get rid of my demons.
Speaker 2: Oh I know. Do you have people that comment on your videos and are like, oh you use that crystal for this reason.
Speaker 1: Or constantly actually like my favorite comment and I don't know why, but on YouTube it's become a thing. People will literally in all caps just comment crystal witch, which I always read with my Southern accent and it makes me laugh out loud. But yes, there are definitely the people that identify the crystals and they're like, are you are you charging your fabric? And I'm like, I don't know, I'm just cutting it right.
Speaker 2: Now, charging your fabric. Oh my god. See that's something that you could an element you could add to it is saying like, this dress was supercharged with amethyst, and because of that, it gives you protection and power and strength.
Speaker 1: You know what, Maybe it does.
Speaker 2: That's the right.
Speaker 1: Maybe that is a good selling point.
Speaker 2: Maybe the crystals help with the views and the success of your videos. Who knows.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not counting anything else.
Speaker 2: Poor crystals. I sit here and I kind of joke about them, but they're probably the reason that I have anything good in my life. I love them. I have so many. I have probably fifty crystals around this house, but I at the same time don't really. Most of it is because I think they're pretty.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm the same exact way. I actually just had this conversation on my vacation with my best friend and we were gathering them on the beach like beachcombing, and we were both just like, you think this is real? And she was like, I don't know, but we should take some home anyway. Yeah, what's the hurt? Like, you know, what damage does it?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 1: None? They're beautiful and if they weren't great, and if they don't, they'll weigh down My patterns all.
Speaker 2: The same exactly, And they're pretty and they're pretty well you have. I've told me maybe my favorite ghost story that I've ever heard on this podcast. I mean, I don't like to ever. That's why I say maybe my favorite, because I never want I like every ghost story that's on this show. But every time I do interviews promoting this show, people say they asked me, what's your favorite? What's the best ghost story you've ever heard? Like which episode should somebody listen to for the first time if they've never heard the show? And I always tell them your episode because mainly because of the dream story, that's the one in particular that has messed me up for the rest of my life.
Speaker 1: So that's been like a long time ago. Have you had anybody else have similar I mean, you've talked to quite a few people since that conversation, Like, has anyone else experienced anything else like that?
Speaker 2: Well, okay, I brought it up to somebody that I idolize who Her name is Michelle Bellanjay and she is a world renowned occult expert, and she's also an incredible psychic medium, and she wears a lot of hats, and she's actually about to be on this podcast either next week or in a couple weeks. A couple weeks she's on anyway, she I go to her to answer every question I have because somehow she knows about at least she knows about it. You know, who knows the answers to any of this stuff. But I told her that story and she goes, oh, yeah, it's called psychic dream walking. I read a book about it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's like just casually a thing like that, psychic dream walking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Well I did some more researching on this, and again, if people want to know even more, you can look up Michelle Bellanjay's book about psychic dream walking. It's on her website Michelle Bellanjay dot com. But okay, so I went to this website called Psychicgurus dot org and they talk about out how to enter someone's dream through dream walking.
Speaker 1: Should I read you this? There's stuffs. I have chills. Yes, I kind of want to know.
Speaker 2: So what I understand about this psychic dream walking thing is that it can be a beautiful thing. You know, when I think about if you're like in a long distance ninety day fiance kind of relationship and you want to be with your person, if you follow these steps, I think you can kind of meet each other in your dreams and do whatever it is that you need to do in your dreams together.
Speaker 1: That's a really wild way to use that.
Speaker 2: Actually, well, I think that's ideally what is supposed to happen, because from my understanding, the way that it works, or the believed way that it's supposed to work, is that both people are supposed to be consenting. So you're supposed to But that's when people all also do it in a malevolent way, and they prey on people, and they try to get in your dreams for whatever reason, and you know, maybe it's to brainwash you, or you know, some somehow get in your brain, you know, get in your dreams, get in your thoughts. Sometimes I think it's even like to hook up with you, you know, like in your dreams. Like I think people do it for a lot of creepy reasons. But you can also shield yourself from it as well.
Speaker 1: All share that part. What's that I said? That's really the important part, right is how do you Because that one really messed with me for a little while.
Speaker 2: It messes with me. You telling me that story has messed with me, and it's one of the reasons why I am like, I need to know about this, and I now I think so much of it is putting up a wall. I mean, you obviously didn't know about this phenomenon when it happened to you. I baby, yeah, And so I think most people just don't think about psychic attacks or things like that, and so they don't know how to put up a wall.
Speaker 1: And you know, this makes me think of that the scene and the Craft where they're literally taunting Sarah in her in her dreams and she can't tell what's a dream and what's not. So like for me, that is like the worst case scenario of that happening.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I mean I at this point, anyone listening to this, if you think you're gonna be entering my dreams, you're not. Don't even try. I have I have a very, I have crystals, I have a bouncer at the door. Your name is not on the list unless you're Gunnar. I don't know if you know who this is. But this guy Damiano, who's the lead singer of this band called monosc He's he's on the list.
Speaker 1: He's on the list. All I know he I followed him on Instagram for so long and then when they went on your own vision. I was like, oh my god, that's who this is. And then it just you know, spiraled for me. So I'm with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he's hot. And then you hear the singing and you're like, okay this and then you see the performance and it's a whole different story. So he could be on the list anyone else. Sorry, you're not allowed to enter my dreams. Okay, so let me can I read you how to do this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: According to psycha Gurus dot org. Okay, so there's five steps. Step one, prepare properly. First, you need to state a clear purpose. This can be through a planning. This could be through planning a ritual to go along with your attempt, or by meditating and focusing the energy needed. A clear understanding and focus will help you immensely in accomplishing your goals. Seek out a sacred space to go through the process uninterrupted. So, I mean it's very much a meditative kind of a thing. It's like meditating and syncing up with somebody else's kind of the key to Oh totally all of this stuff. All of this stuff is like, you know, setting intentions and also you know, I think it's similarly how you shield stuff like this. I think. Okay, So step two is set your thoughts on your target. Oh I don't like it. See when when you say on your target and then.
Speaker 1: Like takes her to a new level.
Speaker 2: I know. Okay, So let the person whose dreams you are trying to occupy enter your thoughts. Remember that your efforts will have a much higher chance of success if they are in on this plan. If you're able to synchronize the timing, there will be a level of focus and increased meaning. This will allow you to fact check after the process is over. If you don't remember it, then you have a lot more practice to do so. Again, Like, I think it's usually consensual. So you, like, you and your lover, your friend or whatever, you do this and then you check in later and you're like, oh my god, that was crazy, you know what I mean? Like, I think it's supposed to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're definitely supposed to like resonate together, I think, But like.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's the kind of thing that you're supposed to share on a ghost podcast and be like it was the scariest thing ever. It's supposed to be, Like, wasn't that beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, for sure. I mean now that we know what it is, maybe there will be a little new generation of ghost babies out there and that are having fun experiences with it, because you can definitely have fun with this if you could master that, right right, Imagine the Shenanigans.
Speaker 2: Oh, imagine the Shenanigans. I know. And it's not unlike astral projection. Do you know about that?
Speaker 1: I do, but like to be honest with you, if I start really breaking down when it is like, my brain disassociates a little bit and I'm like, I'll just think about that later. Yeah, it's so complicated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's and I think that learning how to do it is again kind of similar to this. U. I don't know, this is just slightly different. Okay. So then you meditate on your target Okay, kind of the same sort of thing. Meditate with their face. Meditate with their face using a photo in your mind's eye. Okay, put yourself in their point of view and think about their feelings without imposing your own thoughts. Align yourself with the energy they have so they can build a psychic bridge. Okay. Number four, drift off without losing your thoughts on them, allow yourself to fall into sleep, holding onto the sensation of being your target person. Repeat affirmations like I am crossing into his or her dreams, I am about to fall, I'm about to enter his, her, or their dreams. Number five, practice lucid dreaming. Lucid dreaming allows you to be aware that you are dreaming. When you do this in your dreams, then you are able to consciously enter another person's dream by saying here's her name or focusing on a familiar portal that holds meaning to them, you can enter their dreams. All right, that's what it says.
Speaker 1: I mean, I love to lucid dreams. So I feel like that's the only step that I'm comfortable with in that I'm more of a victim than I am, like an entrepreneur in the dream sharing experience.
Speaker 2: Right now, Oh my god, I'm sorry. Am I bringing up Like is this traumatic to bring up?
Speaker 1: No? No, but my brain everything else minus the lucid dream of my brain's like, we'll talk about that. We'll get to that later.
Speaker 2: I know. I know.
Speaker 1: It's kind of fun though, like to just imagine it.
Speaker 2: It's fun to think about. But I'm not I'm not interested in trying it.
Speaker 1: I mean, dreams are weird anyway, because it's this kind of space where you slip away for a second. You don't but you do. Like I had my first like what I would consider a sleep paralysis recently, which I didn't love. It was very scary, But it wasn't like there wasn't like a little girl in the corner or anything. I just was awake and I couldn't move and it was very frightening. And so I think dreams are just like I think I'm susceptible to it. Like I think if I were to focus on this, I could probably accomplish this. Oh I'm sure, Like obviously my brain is already like kind of willing to go there. I think maybe sometimes I should just let it.
Speaker 2: Well, So when you had sleep paralysis, did it feel like a paranormal thing to you in any other sense, like any did you have any feelings that felt like, ooh, there's another presence here.
Speaker 1: Kind of you know, it was weird. It was the most ordinary day. I was taking a nap on my couch, which I like never get a chance to do. And I mean when I don't know if I felt like there was someone in the room, but I definitely felt like there was something not letting me wake up, you know, like it was weird because I didn't really I feel like there was somebody else in the room. I just like it felt very unnatural that I could not wake up, and I was like, this is not right, and so like it was like an instant panic thing. So it kind of set the tone for the whole thing really poorly. Wow, I don't know, it was just it was a very strange feeling, I think because it felt so physical and less mental, if that makes sense. Like physically I could not wake up, but mentally I was awake. So it was this like weird thing where my brain and my body were separate for a moment. Is what it felt like to me.
Speaker 2: Oh, were you sleeping on your back or your stomach?
Speaker 1: I was on my back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how that will do it.
Speaker 1: My god. Well, so now I'm like, well, is that like anatomically something that happens or is that like you know, I think a lot of people experience sleep proassis, even if they don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: Oh totally. But every time I ask people, I say, stomach are back, and most of the time they say they sleep on their back. Okay, So, Gunner, has anything else paranormal happened to you since we last spoke, because I know you're haunted. Your apartment is slightly haunted, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Weird things definitely happen in here. I noticed it with our cats a lot. But so since we have last chat, my grandmother, who I was very close with, has crossed over into some realm. I don't know if she's crossed over into her final realm or anything. But one thing that we had recently watched the documentary Surviving Death and on Netflix, right, yes, And like I don't you know, a documentary can be spun any kind of direction, like they can kind of cite it anyway. But I felt like it was a really kind of like transparent portrayal of what people experience. Rather than it being like trying to persuade you. It was kind of just like, this is what it is.
Speaker 2: Yes, That's what I'm always trying to do too. It's just like your stories, here's what people have to say. You make up on your own terms, what is real and what isn't and whatever.
Speaker 1: So I spent a lot of the documentary. It focused on the medium ship and you know, that is something that I've never I've never talked to a medium. I've never like had it an interaction bit to be honest, I've never had anybody crossover that I was close with until recently with my grandmother. So that's definitely something that they always talk about the documentary. They're like, you know, the first like eighteen months is when they're trying to show you signs and they're trying to like show their presence. So I've been really really kind of keeping an eye out for things, and there have been some strange things like I just notice that my cats will be weird, like playing like almost like they're on their hind legs, like at something in the corner, and then like the lights will start blinking. But then I ask for the sign. I'm like, hey, if it's you, like, do it again, like I'm not afraid do it again, and then I won't get it. So I'm like Grass being at Straws here because I'd love to have some kind of interaction because I'm not afraid to have that interaction, especially if it's someone like her that I trust like with everything, you know. So that's like been the biggest thing is I'm searching for a sign right now, is like how do I kind of get this presence to kind of make its way into my life? And like how do I open the door for that? And So I think it's interesting that you're about to talk to a medium because that's I think an adventure. I'm about to start exploring myself.
Speaker 2: Also, Oh, absolutely you should if that's what you're looking for. I mean, do you have do you have an understanding based on you know, watching that documentary or just in general of what you think how you think that might work, because like sometimes, of course I don't. I don't know how any of this stuff works, but.
Speaker 1: I I believe it. Do I believe what medium shit?
Speaker 2: I do? I just I think I think they're just it's like Wi Fi or something like. They have to have a strong connection, and I think sometimes it's just not there, but sometimes I think it can be. I've talked to a lot of people that have been to the Hollywood medium Tyler Henry. I've talked to people that have been to the Long Island Medium, and they're like, she got me, she got me good.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you what my grandmother lived and breathed for. Teresa Caputo, Oh, my god, reach out to her.
Speaker 2: If she were.
Speaker 1: Gonna come to anybody, it would be Teresa Caputo.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean that has to happen.
Speaker 1: Do you think she would answer me? Like, I don't ours I would honestly pay whatever, Like I mean, I do have an understanding of what the process is like. And I also very much so understand that there's a world where there is no connection that I can make there. So to me, it's like kind of a fun thing where it's like I I think that if she were to come through for anyone, it would really be there's a kabudo.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, but you know, I wonder so like you know, you see a little sign and then you want it to happen again. That's when it's like, I don't know how. I don't know how that works. Like I wonder if it's like I think some people believe it has to do with how how much strength they have, you know, I don't. I don't know, Like, oh I can I just pictured myself being in spirit and being like okay, I just like move something and then you're like do it again. You're like, oh I can't. I can only do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, I mean, I choo. It's just like, you know, it is one of those things where it's like I think you there's no scientific proof, which I think is what so many people require to really like delve into something. Yeah, but I mean I I am a whimsical enough human being to where I think I could have fun with it and not have expectations. And if I get something great that comes out of it, then like amazing, and like I'll cling to that forever. But I'm also like thankfully and I like to feel this way about every relationship in my life. Like I say what I'm feeling and what I'm thinking when i'm thinking it. So there's really nothing unsaid with me. And so if I get something from somebody that's crossed over that I really cared about, I would like to think that there's nothing that's trying to validate our relationships. It's just kind of trying to say, hey, you know, And so for me, it would just kind of be like this like fun little little gift. I mean, I'd probably to be honest with you, get really upset in a good way. Yeah, I would definitely give the reaction that they're looking for if I got something, but I don't have expectations, but I want I'm also just curious to.
Speaker 2: Know, you know, totally. Yeah, I mean being open to it, I think is probably a good thing. But again, not having expectation it is probably really good. I've heard here's one thing that I tend to believe, but my mind is always open to other ideas. But I've heard from a few psychics that like the difference between spirit or I mean, this is all a matter of semantics, but like you know, there's sometimes people pass and they pass at peace, and they go on to wherever they go on to next, and they have the power to then visit at will or who knows how it works, but they can come back, Whereas a ghost is somebody that didn't die at peace, at peace and they're stuck and they're like lingering around, you know.
Speaker 1: And I mean, you almost can't believe in one without the other though.
Speaker 2: Right right in a way, I mean, I feel that most ghost stories that I hear, when people get down to the bottom of why they think that that why they think there's a ghost there, and who they think it is, a lot of times it's somebody died tragically, it's somebody loved this house and they can't leave it and they don't want to see anyone remodel it, or you know, it's like some kind of not so happy thing, Whereas I think a lot of times people just pass and there they're at peace with it, and I think it's a good thing that they're not lingering around.
Speaker 1: I mean, I completely agree with that, because I think that, like, I mean, I would hate to think that people that I cared about were lingering around sometimes. I've been thinking about the concept of COVID lately and how many people have passed, Like, is there like an influx? Is there like a waiting room where they're all like, you know, backed up trying to figure out where people go right now?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, are you about to.
Speaker 1: Get flooded with emails from people? You know, like it's the world is going through this kind of like mass It's a mass death right now. So there's a lot of people that I think are having this kind of inner thought in are questioning, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, my grandfather died a couple months ago and he I mean, my family like believes in this stuff, and we feel like we've noticed a few signs, just like a couple of things that are just sort of hey, I'm good, kind of a you know, a little thing. I think at his funeral there was something happened in the sky that was pretty incredible. I wasn't there. I can't remember what they told me, but some kind of rainbow sprouted or something right away or stuff like that, and I had like a moment this movie that I'm going to be in that's like kind of similar storyline to him in some ways. It like finally was released, like on the day that the day he died, like the Deadline article came out about it, and I'm like, and we shot this into twenty eighteen, and so I was kind of like, I'm taking that as a sign.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think you there are definitely signs when you look for them, even if like we're self fulfilling them, I still feel like they're there. I mean, and that is the human experience, right, It's like, is this real or is it me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or is it both?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all it's all a good thing. Wait, So, but I want to hear more about this haunted apartment of yours because last time you told me that the TV channel changes.
Speaker 1: Still does kind of still does kind of lately I've been having the mystery of flickering lights that kind of follow me from room to room, Like, for instance, the one in my bedroom has been flickering, so I'd turn it off and i'd walk into my living room in one of the ones in my living room would be flickering. So that's when I was like being followed. And I feel like that was like, maybe this is my grandmother, because that's been a very recent thing that's happened. Oh yeah, and so like, and it's not like that, it's just weird. I watch them kind of dance around the apartment like Stranger Things style sometimes, but it's like fleeting. It's not like an ongoing like one on a rider, like banging on the walls with paint and like you know, Christmas light. It's like it's like casual. I don't know, it's just weird sometimes, you just know. And like lately I just kind of know the doors be slamming, like little things like that, just odd little things enough to where I know that this is not a place where we're alone in it. I mean, this building has been here. It's one of the first buildings on Franklin Avenue, which is like a really old road in.
Speaker 2: La No Docks yourself.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm not because I'm not going to you know, be here that long. But it's just a really old building. So it's just I know that it's definitely haunted. Like even my next door neighbors talk about it.
Speaker 2: Well, all of Hollywood is haunted, and specifically like Hollywood Boulevard area, like the you know, strip area or whatever of Hollywood Boulevard is so haunted. I was actually, I mean I know about probably twenty haunted places down there. But then I recently saw the TV show Ghost Adventures went to Hollywood Toy and Costume. Do you know that place? Oh my god, yes, I feel like, yes, that's that to me is drag Queen needs a prop and the gig is in two hours. It's like, uh, you got to run to go get a fake cigar or something like. It's like they've got they've got tons of little props and oh I need a fake mustache. We got to run down to Hollywood Toy and Costume and that place is like super haunted and they've caught things on camera.
Speaker 1: You know. I think that in those places too, when there's actual camera footage, it's really crazy to see because it's like you do see stuff on camera?
Speaker 2: Would you set up cameras in your place? Oh god, I don't know, because what if you do see something and you live there.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing is, I don't think I would be able to stay, you know, like if I saw something like actually moving around in here, like, no, thank you.
Speaker 2: Isn't your closet creepy? Yes?
Speaker 1: It sure is. I that light is on and off at its leisure all the time in my closet, and it's you got to pull the string to do it. Actually, like the other night when I was sleeping, it was like maybe two or three am. I had just gone to bed after drinking, so you know, you wake up and you're thirsty in the middle of the night. But as I look up, I heard the close heard the light click in the closet and turn on, and I was like, not right now, bitch, No, Like wait a minute, you handle it. Yeah, Like you know, like the string you hear you hear the string light that in the light goes on.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, So you you have like one of those long like a long string that somebody pulls. Yeah, so someone not of this world pulls that thing down and it turns on.
Speaker 1: I mean, I can't.
Speaker 2: I didn't do it, Gunnar. You this is what happens when you have the scariest dream ghost story of all time that something like that is no longer the like, that's like one of the scariest things I can think. Really the way you nonchalantly, I'm like, yeah, I just hear it turn on. That is so scary. That would take fource. That's not like a glitch.
Speaker 1: But I mean, don't I think moving electricity also takes force. Well, yeah, like insane things. I actually like, I don't want to tell this is not my story, but I was kind of just having I just went on vacation with my best friend and so she's from the Northwest and she has one of the scarier like ghost stories from her mom that I had personally heard about a very famous boat captain from the eighteen hundreds that was assassinated on this island up there. It's like a very scariest story. But ever since then, I've kind of been thinking because they caught something on camera, like on a polaroid camera, and so I'm like, what would I capture on camera in my apartment.
Speaker 2: It's worth a try. Here's what you need to do. You need to find out when Teresa Kaputo is in LA, have her come over to your home, figure out who's in there, and then have her also radio.
Speaker 1: I wonder what a reading with Teresa Kapudo cost. I really don't know, but I certainly have imagine it's cheap.
Speaker 2: No, it's not. But she does have a podcast, and she has people call her and she has guests on and she could absolutely read you.
Speaker 1: I wonder how famous I have to be to get her to let me on her podcast.
Speaker 2: You're famous enough?
Speaker 1: I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: Wait. Can I read you a story somebody sent me?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, this one comes from Alisa, And have you seen Candy Man.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of I don't do wealth scary movies, so like all kind of halfway watch them and like work, you know, so I don't have to like really get scared.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, is this gonna scay if I tell you a scary story?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, No, okay, So Lisa writes, since the remake is coming out, here's my story about how I actually had something unexplained to happen after watching the nineteen ninety two version as a young teen. Despite the whole Bloody Mary thing scaring me since I was in third grade. One night, after watching Candy Man alone as a young teen, I decided to try it out for fun. After all, it was just a stupid horror movie, unlike that Bloody Mary story. Right. Wait, pauls Gunnard, do you know about this Like with candy Man, you say his name five times and then he appears.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of like Bloody Mary. But yes, to be in front of the mirror, yeah, yes, okay, So on my way to bed, I stopped in front of the mirror in set at the back of a nook which held some lamps and plants.
Speaker 2: I quickly reeded the words candy Man, candy Man, candy Man as I stared at my face reflected in the dimly lit mirror. Nothing happened, of course, and I made my way to bed. Lying on my back in the dark, I suddenly became very sleepy. Sounds perfectly normal, but I'd had insomnia most of my life at that point, and I never fell asleep without at least lying there for an hour or more. It was strange, unexpected. It was a strange, unexpected wave of sleepiness all of a sudden, I heard a very loud thump against the one halla wall in my room, the one connected to the bathroom, which at the time no one was in. It sounded like a very heavy object, like say, a very heavy metal hook, slammed against that wall and then drug its way down. I've lived in that house for years at that point, and I had never heard anything like that. Also, I wasn't prone to hearing sounds that weren't actually there. I was definitely fully awake, despite being suddenly tired, but I wasn't in that state between sleep and awake wherein people are likely to experience hypnogogic hallucinations. I remember thinking, I just hope he waits till I'm asleep to kill me. Oh God. I immediately pass out, and of course awoke the next day, just fine. I know there'd be various explanations to this, but from my end, I know I didn't dream or hallucinate it. Many years later, I'd also learned that in some cases where people experience the paranormal, they become suddenly inexplicably sleepy and will fall asleep immediately despite experiencing something that should scare you awake. My theory is we'd had several paranormal and unexplained things happen in that house, and I think it was something that was already there deciding to mess with me. I don't believe Candy man is real, nor Bloody Marry. I do think, as Nietzsche said, when you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you.
Speaker 1: Mysterious.
Speaker 2: I also think that after you see a scary movie, you're in like a spooked out state of mind. Like all those images, especially Candy Mane, which is very gruesome imagery that is like now in your brain, and so you're kind of on alert, you're kind of spook. I mean, I can't tell you how many times I've seen a horror movie and then I tiptoe around home.
Speaker 1: It just stain your brain.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it puts you in that that mindset. But then you know there's people that believe that like demons or dark energies. They they're totally horny for fear. I don't know how to put it there. There, they create on it people's fear. They're just like looking for it at all times. And so if somebody sees a scary movie and now they're in a state of fear. Maybe these energies are like that one. And so when people are like, oh, paranormal activity, like I saw it and then this crazy thing happened, It's like maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, do we really know? I mean maybe once it's planted in your minds is maybe there's some self fulfilling bit of that, you know, like where you're like so susceptible to it that you're open to receiving some kind of contact or push or nudge.
Speaker 2: Well, or it could all just be in your mind or the demons want you to they're doing like reverse psychology where they're like, oh, this person's gonna think that this is all in their mind, because why would something like this happen. That's too good to be true. This is when I'll prey on them.
Speaker 1: If there's a little counsel of demons waiting for a good moment to pray on me, I'm gonna be real upset.
Speaker 2: Well, you got the crystals, believe in the crystals I've got.
Speaker 1: Listen, I'll do a little circle of them around me. I'm open to if y'all want me to feature your crystals in my videos and protect me. I'm open to that too.
Speaker 2: There you go. Well, see, there is something called I think it's called ct top tromancy, which is something that's been around for forever, which is people looking into mirrors or crystal balls and uh, looking into the future or getting messages from the other side. Did you ever do bloody Mary?
Speaker 1: We did? Actually, my next door neighbor is When I was a kid, their grandmother's house was super freaky, like their grandfather had died in the house and so like things would move around the doors and things would be open. Like I was really young when we would go over there, but they were really into doing bloody Mary in the house. So we did that a lot, and I was always like nervous diarrhea in the corner of praying.
Speaker 2: True, did anything happen?
Speaker 1: You know, Like not that I really remember, but I just remember being so afraid while we were doing it, and thinking this is really wrong. I can't believe I'm letting them talk me into this again. Hey, I'm a very afraid child.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well same, I still am. Connor. Do you want to hear some ghost voices?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I do.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's time for EVP or ev Please do you remember what an EVP is I do. I do, Yeah, electronic voice phenomenal. So I go to YouTube. I find people that believe they've captured ghost voices, and I'm gonna play it for you and they'll give you some options. So tell me what you hear. This first one is from Claire Mark Chords or Cordez. I'm not sure how you say it, but it's at a place that I know you've been, Waverly Hills Sanatorium southwestern Louisville. That is one of the classic haunted locations of the world. What is this ghost saying? Jills?
Speaker 1: Because I wasn't ready for it.
Speaker 2: There is a lot of background noise, but there's like a whispery voice in there. You're paid again, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It always sounds like stranger.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's some options. Is it a That one is sweet?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Is it I'm trying to sleep some cranky ghost. That's like, get out of hair with your ghost ending equipment?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: See someone better sweep you clean up this mess? This might be a haunted abandoned sanatorium, but at least keep it tiny.
Speaker 1: People want it to be number two so bad?
Speaker 2: Or is it just like nothing at all? It's just somebody walking and shuffling their feet.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's a voice in there.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me play it again.
Speaker 1: God, you know what I want to say.
Speaker 2: It's number C number see number C. So someone better sweep, someone better sweep. Okay, let me play it again. They believe it says that one is sweet ew. I don't like that we played again now that we know that I can kind of hear it. I definitely hear it. I definitely hear like a sleep at the end. Okay, here's one more. This one is from SPIRIT, which stands for Sydney Paranormal Incident Research Investigation Team.
Speaker 1: Get a girl, we love an anagram.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm assuming that that's Sydney, Australia. It doesn't really say where it is besides that it's a private house. Now a little warning. There's like a beeping in this little SoundBite. It's probably some kind of paranormal equipment that's making a beeping sound. But there's also a voice. Okay, here we go. Did he hear it? Me play it again?
Speaker 1: What are the options?
Speaker 2: Okay? Is it a for YouTube? They're like, I'm gonna give you a ghost voice for YouTube? Is it b I feel it too, is it C beauty or D big booty? All right, let me play it again. Okay.
Speaker 1: At first I thought it was saying I'm wet, and now I think it sounds like mint. So what are the options again? Like, play it again and listen to don't hear the word mint.
Speaker 2: I'm here. Well, I know what it is, so all I can hear is what it is. Okay, Well what is it?
Speaker 1: What is it? Beauty?
Speaker 2: Let me play again?
Speaker 1: Play it again? I don't know. I think they're ordering mint ice cream from beyond from beyond mint please?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I guess that's what I got.
Speaker 1: Is the ghost is at the dentist asking which flavor of toothpaste mint?
Speaker 2: Mint?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 2: I hear booty. Okay, Well, gunner, I guess that's uh, that's it for this time.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope I gave you everything you wanted more.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope that you go to a psychic and you know it sounds like you want to go to a psych medium. Yeah I do, and let me know how that goes. Yeah, we'll have a little recap, please. Well, can you tell everyone where to find you and all that stuff?
Speaker 1: Yes? So I'm on YouTube and TikTok and Instagram, and it's just my name, Gunner g u n n R. My last name is death Ridge. It's spelled like death e rage h.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I'm just making dresses and fun content and just condensing it down into sixty second bite sized portions so you can enjoy it.
Speaker 2: I love it well, Gunner, Thank.
Speaker 1: You, Angish, thank you so much for having me back for your little spooky hour.
Speaker 2: Thank you Gunner death Ridge. And if you want to hear a little bit more good at patreon dot com, slash rosdres Fales and you can hear me talking to Gunner on my second tier Patreon where we uh talk about various paranormal phenomenas like past lives, mothman, haunted dolls, all that kind of stuff. And you can watch a video of me talking about crystals there. Hey you guys subscribed. It's almost October, Halloween time, baby. Make sure you tell your friends about the show and rate it five stars wherever you can. If you got a ghost story, right in a five star review on Apple podcast or just write something nice about me. Also join the Facebook group called Ghosted by Roz dres Fales. It's a great place to leave a story, talk to some people that also believe in this stuff. He could share some spooky memes. I don't know, that's a good time. And I'm on Instagram at Roz Hernandez cameo Roz DRez Falas. You know all the things, all the places, all the stuff, you know all of it. If you haven't seen Gunner's TikTok, it's pretty incredible. I mean, the things that Gunner can do with some fabric absolutely insane. It's mesmerizing the way that he edits it and just his work in general. Can't speak more highly of Gunner. So I'm so grateful for him to be on this show this week, and go back and listen to the first time he was on, because it'll keep you up at night. All Right. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Came back.
Speaker 1: A podcast network