Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Trendburh sir Geist courtesy of less than Zero on the discord.
Speaker 2: Do you Strenburgh.
Speaker 1: Would be a good aka for sir geist Geist.
Speaker 3: A lot, missus Geist, miss Geist from Clueless that was the single teacher they tried to set up.
Speaker 1: Please, mister Geist is my dad's name, call me I am Jack. That is Miles And uh, these are some of the things that are trending today. We're uh, we're not really going to talk about well, I guess we'll talk about some things that could be October surprise, surprises, if people, if Trump was a normal human being.
Speaker 2: Not already at the bottom of the barrel.
Speaker 1: Yes, but first, we of course want to open with Milton the hurricane. That is that we'll show a clip on tomorrow's episode about you know, the meteorologists being brought to tears with like how powerful this shit is. As he's breaking down, he also says it will be a three by the time it gets to Florida. But don't let that keep you from worrying, because there's just this massive storm surge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ten to fifteen feet of water, yeah, which is as the mayor of Tampus said, unsurvivable, and like, if you look at just sort of the news stories, there's plenty of people who are like talking about what their plans are to leave, and there's also a I mean not as much talk, but there's definitely you're hearing more and more stories of people who just do not have the means to evacuate. And I think that's probably another thing that meteorologist was connecting because he was also thinking of that that Category five is definitely touching the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico, and that's going to also cause on just fathomable destruction and who knows, and you know that potentially the loss of life. And yeah, now we're looking at like the situation in Florida, where you know, while there are people who have been able to evacuate and prepare their homes, there are many millions who are not. So this I just, yeah, I hope this outcome is not as terrible as a lot of the experts are forecasting. But it seems like this is definitely something that should be taken very seriously. So I hope people who are living in that path, I hope you're able to get safe as best as you can.
Speaker 1: Also feels like maybe this would be a good service that the government would provide. Yeah, yeah, their inability to get fossil fuel companies to stop, you know, throwing hurling unsurvivable hurricanes at human beings and maybe something that something is wrong, A little job creating opportunity would be to you know, figure out a way to get people the fuck out of there who don't have the means to do that when there is an unsurvivable hurricane bearing down on them. Maybe you know, use some of those buses that they were using to bust migrants to New York and instead use those to evacuate people from the path of again, what is being described as literally unsurvivable hurricanes. Shout out to super producer Justin for pointing out that they do have busses, Yeah, that they used to bust migrants for its publicity stunts.
Speaker 3: Right right, exactly, But yeah, this is it's god more chaos happening. And when we talk about how this is obviously being politicized, weaponized by the right in just the most obscene ways. But yeah, that is that is obviously the biggest story I think right now.
Speaker 1: So in not the biggest story, right now news e the Spirit Halloweens are now going to be taken over by Spirit Christmases. So Spirit Halloween, famous for taking over the empty shells of shuttered brick and mortar businesses and turning them into Halloween fun for a couple months at a time, they're now being like, what if the fun didn't have to stop? Huh?
Speaker 2: So why is it there Spirit Thanksgiving?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that probably seems I get it. You can't, you can't. Just that's a big that's a big swing to be like, get your gords here that light up and talk like pilgrims.
Speaker 1: Just plastic gourds galore.
Speaker 3: Oh look we have we have whimsical settler colonial themed trinkets for your dining table.
Speaker 1: But I mean, seasonal Christmas stores are a thing. It does make sense that they would get in the game. They have unveiled the sign, the equally impressive Spirit Christmas sign, because, as we know, Spirit Halloween just like an orange, flappy plastic banner that they just like put up on the side of buildings. Now we've got a blue flappy banner with red writing and a winky sandy claws. Wow wow, hands up as if to say, I am not touching any children? What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Wiggles style? How the Wiggles Allegedly the Wiggles like iconic gesture with thumbs up, and it was rumored that they incorporated that to subtly unconsciously send the message to parents like hey, we're our hands are right here, don't worry about us. But anyways, so what will spirit Christmas look like? It will be a bunch of Christmas bullshit. It sounds like with an opportunity to get your picture taken with Santa Claus.
Speaker 2: The kids there, it is there, it is.
Speaker 3: Does any kid like taking a picture with fucking sand into all? I used to work at the mall, like in college, and I remember whenever that shit showed up, it was like people dragging their kids and like maybe like then ironic teenagers.
Speaker 2: Being like yo, suit on Soonder's lap and ask them for weed. But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I will say to a certain kid who believes in Santa Claus is very exciting. I would also say that for the propaganda wing of the keep the Santa Claus uh, children who are listening to this episode, now is the time we didn't tell you before we started swearing to stop listening. Yeah, but any children who are still listening please skip ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah you don't want to fuck around and find out right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So any you know that there's there's a whole propaganda wing that is out here trying to get kids to believe, and the the mall Santa clauses are real hit and miss in that direction. Yeah, because because like the I think that was the first place where I picked up a clue. I was like, wait, there's Santa's helpers. Why what is that?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: Why are they dressed as him? Then? Like that's weird. Why are they tricking us? Why the obfuscation? Mom?
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, it's it's all bullshit. You know. I'm glad I found out quick.
Speaker 1: Wait you just said that, Like you just figured that out? Just now?
Speaker 2: I did. I did. I'm not gonna lie. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: And I know that and I knew that.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm all fucked up now I just found out Santa's bullshit.
Speaker 1: I will say that this would be a better idea if they somehow were able to pull it together and invent toy stores again, right for you know, if like this was a place because because the main thing with Spirit Halloween. It's not just that you can get Halloween decorations there. You can get the main thing that everybody's looking for for Halloween, which is costumes. The main thing the people are looking for around the holidays as gifts. If they had like good gifts, that would be something novel idea. They might even be worthy of getting purchased and turned into an empty husk buy private equity if they chilled an idea like that off full circle. But anyways, they're soft launching it across ten stores in the Northeast. So I don't know, do you plan on traveling to the Northeast to experience them?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean obviously because I need to see with my own eyes at Santa is that real? But well, yeah, but you know, like I said, I'll find a good time to go.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely I'm going to bok my tickets right now.
Speaker 3: I just need to figure out what city we'll have the best one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just an interesting So because TikTok is owned in China, the government is admitting like that it is bad for you and addictive and bad for the well being of children. Fair they kind of They came out after instam after Instagram, but now they're coming after TikTok. There's a lot of legal challenges going around, right, but I don't know, it feels like a fraught time to be raising children.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean it's like anything too. It's the same thing like with Instagram. It's like, yeah, these are designed to keep kids scrolling infinitely and probably ingesting messages that might be detrimental to their feelings of self worth potentially maybe get them to start smoking cigarettes or doing galaxy gas or other shit like that.
Speaker 1: So it is really wild to see just you know, kids getting exposed to like a thing and then that's all they can, like an addictive piece of media, and then that's all they want to ask about it. And it's like, oh, you literally robbed this child of free will, like they don't have free will like that that's what addiction is. Yeah, yeah, yeah, so cool. Thanks for that. Social media MF Doom is.
Speaker 3: Try yeah baby, For all my Doom fans out there, it's trending because, like you know, with every tent pole movie comes out, the theaters are like, hey man, we've got a bucket and this one you might not want to fuck. You might want to put it on your shelf if you're a hip hop band. Because a Gladiator two buckets were revealed.
Speaker 2: And it's the MF.
Speaker 3: Doom mask because so he started off wearing like a doctor Doom mask and then he switched it up to the mask from Gladiator.
Speaker 2: So this is quite literally, this is like, this is an MF.
Speaker 1: Doom shit. I didn't realize that that's what it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he switched it up.
Speaker 3: So that's I think because that was like a sort of readily available mask you could buy that was being mass produced because he wasn't like forging it out of steel like in the fucking you know, uh, in his own ironsmithing works.
Speaker 1: Now we're all having our illusions burst, aren't we.
Speaker 3: I pictured him with an anvil and hammer for forging it in this in the Fires of mordor the picture of the match, like it looks as hell.
Speaker 1: I don't understand how it's a popcorn bucket, do you see? Do you see what I mean? Like the part that goes over the eyes and then the part that goes over the crown of the head, or how far like it feels like the top would need to be retractable.
Speaker 3: In some Yeah, so I think it's removable or it has like a hinge. Clearly, Okay, that's the only.
Speaker 1: Way I must have a hinge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you have to pop that thing off like the monkey brains they were serving at Poundcock Palace in Indiana.
Speaker 1: Jumpes, that's right. And you also get one. You get a little guy for your soa aka dog, you know, and then wow, wow, m F dog work we'll work shop it. Yeah, all right, Well we're gonna take a quick break workshop it and we'll be right back and we're back. Uh and didn't do it workshopping then m F dog maybe yeah, yeah, m F Doug.
Speaker 2: Let's just let's can we just get to Trump's racism already?
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Yeah, so we're gonna dig in a little bit more on the history of the phrase October surprise, like and what the mainstream media means by October surprise. Uh. There's a probably like four stories today alone about Donald Trump that feel like they would qualify at any other time with any other presidential candidate as October surprises. Yeah, but why don't you kick us off, Miles with Trump espousing race science.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, uh, look, racism has always been a focal point of this career.
Speaker 2: And I'm always like.
Speaker 3: How do you get like, what's the bottom what's the floor for the ship?
Speaker 2: That you can say?
Speaker 3: Because but and he always impresses, uh, you know, with just how fucking depraved his comments could be. So he was on Hugh Hewitt's podcast and Hewitt asks him, you know, about the economics of Kamala Harris's proposed housing subsidies, and you know, like a policy question, and Donald Trump manages to turn it into just a nice fun like Ted talk on eugenics.
Speaker 4: When you look at the things that she proposes, they're so far off. She has no clue. How about allowing people to come.
Speaker 2: To an open border, Oh not about housing.
Speaker 4: Thousand of which were murderers, many of them murdered far more than one person, and they are now happily living in the United States. You know, now, a murderer. I believe this, it's in their jens. And wee a lot of bad jeens in our country right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, We've got a lot of bad genes.
Speaker 3: And we're not talking about Jordash for the people in the back and we're gun no, no. And also just the ideas like and they've and they've killed more than one person. These people, these murders, they're living in our country. I'm like, police, police or who oh the mic oh oh so sure. So the guy who sleeps with mine camp under his pillow is out here just throwing out fucking jeans. Yeah, And I'm being like, it's just getting like obviously the for the last three months, it's just been getting.
Speaker 2: Worse and worse and worse and worse.
Speaker 3: And you know, there's a lot of talk about how he dropped out of the sixty minutes interview that Kamala Harris did and how that's been a tradition for like over five days ever now, yeah, exactly, And I'm like, oh, like, is this because like low key they are like, damn bro, his brain is a play doo uh And I don't know if we can trust him just to sit across from someone who's gonna ask questions and he's going to turn some You can just picture, right, He's being asked a question about abortion and he somehow just turns it into a lecture about like phrenology, how like the ancient Aztecs used to eat people And You're like, what.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, the fuck? So that is door number one.
Speaker 2: Okay, door number two.
Speaker 1: So a few months ago, Jared Kushner openly admitted to rooting for Israel to ethnically cleanse Gaza in order to open up the quote very valuable potential of its quote waterfront property. And now Trump is similarly signaling that he would also like to see the land stolen developed and turned into a tourist destination that would be quote better than Monaco. So okay, thing that he said like out loud, not yeah, he said a secret tape twenty years ago.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, this is again.
Speaker 3: This was also from that Hugh Hewett and Hugh Hewitt he said, shit, it could be.
Speaker 2: Better than Monaco.
Speaker 3: It has the best location in the Middle East, the best water, the best everything it's got. It is the best. I've said it for years. I've been there, and it's rough. It's a rough place. Before all of the attacks and before the back and forth. What's happened over the line couple of your back and just stop talking about anything, you fuck. So, yeah, that's an interesting one too, that he's completely sort of underlying, underlining the idea that this is a full on displacement of Palestinian people. Ethnically cleanse the region.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you saically cleanse I say real estate opportunity, a real estate investment.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And of course there's no record he's ever been to Gaza, because he definitely hasn't been to Gaza.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so just brain Plato saying things that if Lex Luthor said them in a like hard R rated Superman movie, you'd be like, that feels a little much.
Speaker 3: He's like, I've been to Palestine. It's really wild. It's actually in Texas. People don't know this, and you're like, oh, fuck, buddy.
Speaker 1: He also, on that subject, bopped along to YMCA at an October seventh attack remembrance event. They played, you know, as they do at any Trump event. They played YMCA and he just danced and.
Speaker 3: Don't want a song one song, I mean, skates to one song on one song, only one song.
Speaker 1: And then yeah he doesn't. You know you saw how long his moment of silence for his own attempted assassination lasted. Think about how little he gives a shit about anybody else. And then finally, there's a new Bob Woodward book coming out that is mainly about like the Biden administration's failures with Gaza and Ukraine and Afghanistan. But he has some anecdotes in there about Trump and Putin that are I don't know, like one of the things people talk about with October surprises, like it should be like, if it's going to be impactful, it would go in the same direction as concerns people already have about this person. And I do think like his coziness slash fondness slash horniness for Vladimir Putin would like kind of concern everybody. But so this anecdote is interesting. So Trump sent Putin a bunch of COVID tests back at the beginning of the pandemic when COVID tests were in short supply like globally, and he had his own private stash and sent them to Vladimir Putin like for his personal use because he was very scared. He's like a drumphobe, just like Donald Trump, and Putin literally had to be like thank you, but please don't tell anybody because they'll know something's going on between us, right yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Ooh, where'd you get these? Nowhere are those American COVID tests?
Speaker 3: Buddy? No, no, no, they fucking I found them or some shit.
Speaker 1: Why did they have a cartoon of a shirtless rippling Donald Trump on all the.
Speaker 2: All the boxes look like they have like self tanner, like all the like smudged all over them, like someone just dirtied them. What they're well, all right fine.
Speaker 1: The book also suggests he had up to seven private calls with Putin at mar A Lago.
Speaker 2: After he left office, right, yeah, after he left office.
Speaker 1: This is like when he's in mar A Lago and the source like was aware of these and Trump actually like cleared to the room. So I don't know, that's just where keeping in mind that this motherfucker liked to call like she and Kim Jong un on speaker to like impress dinner guests at mar A Lago. In this case, he's calling and being like, clear of the room. Don't get everybody the fuck out of here. I gotta call my boy. Uh right, So you want to hear something cool?
Speaker 2: Watch this.
Speaker 3: You never guess who's going to answer this FaceTime call. Look look, look, look, look right, hey, it's me.
Speaker 4: Uh oh.
Speaker 3: And also we've got even on top of that. Then another thing came out about Brett Kavanaugh, where I think it was in the Guardian reporting that they looked at that FBI investigation, it really wasn't an investigation. Basically, Trump's White House said, do not fucking bring anything to light. You can pretend you're investigating, but you better act like you didn't see a fucking thing. So more fucking nonsense. But again, uh, this guy's that's the thing. It's like, to any reasonable person, you're like, this guy's a fucking this is this is a waste of all everything, my energy, my attention. So it really I don't know how it's going to move the needle. And again, I don't know what the next thing. He already said people were gonna come, like immigrants are gonna come into your home and like murder you and eat your pets. And now he's doing eugenics. I don't know what the next ring of hell below all this is like, it might be fantastic.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: If you have seen Agatha all along, these migrants will change your whole reality and you think you'll be in a procedural drama and you won't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll be the victim.
Speaker 1: Whatever it is. He'll find it. He's still digging. Yeah, well, those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday, October eighth. We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. If you're in Florida or in anywhere near in the path of the hurricane, please stay safe until then. Be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, get your flu shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,