Speaker 1: Welcome to Reality the King. It's me Carlos Kings, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about.
Speaker 2: Rain droves.
Speaker 1: We are here to talk about the most recent episode, episode ten.
Speaker 2: I believe yes, episode ten.
Speaker 1: It was called Meditation and Mediation I believe was the episode title of the latest episode of the Real Housewives of Atlanta. Before we get started with our recap and diving into the conversation, I will say this, this was my favorite episode of the season. I love this episode and the reason why I love this episode is because every scene.
Speaker 2: Mattered.
Speaker 1: When I say mattered. It was nice to see Kelly with her girls. It was nice to see Angela in her investments properties and really speak about being in depth two million dollars in depth based on her investments.
Speaker 2: Like that honesty.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it, and obviously we get into the other conversations. But in terms of this episode. It was my favorite for those reasons. But I want to start off by talking about let's just get into it. It's the scene that sort of kicked off this episode, which was.
Speaker 2: Because I, you know, being told.
Speaker 1: That my facial expressions give a lot away and I am.
Speaker 2: Going to have all my shade glasses so that.
Speaker 3: You need a layer. You need a layer, right bro?
Speaker 2: Because of it? Okay fall weather gap, Okay, Look.
Speaker 1: Shamia met with Ralph ralph Is Dreu Sidoras, a strange husband who lives in the basement. They are going through divorce. On top of that, Porsche also walked in. And I'm being very honest when I say this, it was hard to watch that scene.
Speaker 2: From from a It was hard to watch it because it just didn't feel good. It didn't feel good. I'm just being I'm being I'm being very honest, and it didn't feel good to watch it because.
Speaker 1: One thing I've learned producing The Real Hospitals of Atlanta season six, and this is this is coming from an openly gay man who has never been married. But one thing that I've learned from season six and obviously later in life creating Lemon Marriage franchise is the sanctity of marriage, and how when it comes to married couples there is this sort of rule you have when you.
Speaker 2: Are interfacing with someone's wife or husband.
Speaker 1: And the reason why I brought up season six is because that was the season where Pedra and Kenya have this big beef about Kenya texting Apollo. Now, to Apollo's credit, years later on my podcast Thank You very Much, he admitted that he lied that Kenya wanted him. He admitted he lied right, So Kenya's been vindicated now when it comes to Kenya texting him regardless, and Kenya admit it on camera she was wrong for texting him in hindsight and she texted him thank you, thank you, babe. I think it was I learned through that season how you just can't on camera, on camera be seen with someone's And I remember us going to Mexico and Phedra told Kenya she wanted to slap was it the dog pits out of her mouth or something, Dustin or Claudia, because because in Mexico, her and Candy walked in and she saw King get Apollo talking.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 2: I remember that, and I was I was there for that.
Speaker 1: So to watch that scene in this recent episode. It was hard for me to watch because of the history of it and on top of the fact that, let's have a real conversation. We know that Porscha is not happy with Drew based on Drew filming with.
Speaker 2: Dennis, so it was hard to watch. It was hard to watch, but we'll love to get your thoughts on it.
Speaker 4: Shame on Smiya and Porsta and I actually liked Samiyah. I do then playing our faces like they met up and oh, Porsia happened to stop by. No, y'all are best friends. Y'all ca calculated that, y'all set that up. We're gonna go film a scene with with with Ralph to pay back Drew. I will say this, The difference between the two groups is when Drew and Dennis are filming, we see them in a music and working capacity for the most part, right, Like, I ain't seen them trashing. They're not dragging Porsche. I've not seen that. I've not seen that. But the entire lunch with Shamiah, Porsche and Ralph was dragging Drew, So you can't be I think Porscha would have been better served if she never did this and then you know, she could stand on business about I really stand on the fact that I don't want you filming with my my ex. I think it's wrong because to then go and film with someone who a strange current, a strange husband. You know, you just canceled out your complaint. Actually you made yourself look worse. And I think she should she could have done without that scene. I think she did herself no favors in that scene. It was messy, it was mean, and it was like playing in our face, like, oh, I didn't know, and you know, I just felt like they set that up for paypack and let's just call it what it is, you know, Like and Ralph, I'm gonna speak to you, Ralph, Dennis isn't letting Drew talk. She's not talking greasy about Porsche to Dennis. That's not happening, right. But with Ralph, that is the mother of the kids. You may not like her anymore, love be in love with her anymore, with Drew anymore, but that is still the mother of your kids. And you're meeting up with basically her ops at this point, and you're allowing the shit talking about the mother of your kids. And I think that was real raggedy Ralph. I think that was whack and I felt I too, was like this, this doesn't feel good. It did not feel good to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think what did not feel good about the scene was the dishonesty about the intention of it.
Speaker 3: Right for me, it ain't that deep.
Speaker 5: Porscha, you mad at Drew because she filmed with Dennis, so you fielm with Ralph to get her back full stop. It was that simple, right, I think that? And okay, you know Shemiah said that she was meeting up with Ralph to discuss his podcast or something or whatever he had coming up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his podcast Kings and Queen's Corps. I believe something along those lines.
Speaker 5: I wish him much success as a person who has been podcasting for over ten years. I won an NAACP Image Award for podcasting and not in the shit talking category. I wanted in best News and Information category, so as a legitimate voice in the podcasting space. They didn't discuss anything about producing a podcast at that table, and I think that that is the part that fellas lit the flat with the viewers. Also, Shemiah setting that up so that Porscha could come film with Ralph. You know, it doesn't help with the allegations that she is incessantly appearing in a supportive role or supportive capacity in her friendship with Porsche. That's why people say that shit, because you do things like allow her, at least in our view, to go unscathed with being disrespectful about your song to Shamiah about her song, and just not being what most people consider a good friend to be. But then Samiah eagerly stepped right into the mess and set up a dinner with Ralph and film with him. Porscha was in at that dinner table, moving Ralph's fingers, and you know, it was different things that she was doing to directly antagonize Drew. And I ain't mad about it, because if that's where they're at in their relationship, so be it. But just say that shit. It would have been so much better to see portion in her confessionals, like her ass was feeling with my baby daddy, I'm finna go film with Ralph.
Speaker 3: We're going to dinner.
Speaker 5: And then she sat down and her and Shamiah ordered all that food and them drinks and they laugh.
Speaker 3: Just stand in it. We all know what it was like.
Speaker 5: Just stand in it. That's where I was at with it and Ralph. Since we're speaking about Ralph, Ralph, think about sometimes you have to zoom on and look at the big picture. Ralph is on this show in a subordinate capacity. He's Drew's estranged husband. His only experience getting to the attention at the cameras from the Real Housewives of Atlanta and Bravo bring to people is it he is presented or appearing in some capacity connected to Drew. Right now, they ain't fucking with each other. He's in the basement, she's upstairs. The only chance he gets to talk about anything on camera is if he's talking about her. What better position as an opt than to link up with her other opts and do it on camera. My thing is just stand in it and say it. Y'all not meeting to discuss no damn podcasts, y'all mean up because all of y'all, including Samia, you know what I'm saying, they really don't fuck with Drew like that, And so my thing is just say it.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: I have to agree with you, and you hit the nail on the head.
Speaker 1: I think if on the onslaught right, if if Shami and Porscha devised this scheme and had a very girlfriend moment, you know what I'm saying, like and would have been silly with it, like let's dress up as like private investigators wearing all black with our glasses on.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I think if the to your point that, if the intention of the scene was pay back to the bitch, call me karma, I think we all would be like, oh my, y'all being petty. If this is Housewives, let's be petty. I actually agree with you. I think if it was made, I think if it was colored to be seen as on the nose, it is what it is you feel in my mom you know, I think we all would have been like I then go ahead.
Speaker 2: I actually agree with you with that, because to talk about I'll be to laugh.
Speaker 1: But to have wrapped, as Shamilla say, we're meeting about a podcast because Samia appeared on one episode of a podcast, I think it was insulting the intelligence of the audience. And if it was what we just said it was, I think they would have been more forgiveness.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was corny. That was corny, and there was I didn't see that one moment of magic between Shemiah and Ralph that would make me want to tune into a podcast with them. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I like Shmia's speaking voice. I want to hear more of it. I think she has one of the most beautiful speaking voices, and she can sing her ass off.
Speaker 2: She does.
Speaker 5: She doesn't sound like Drew, who can sing too, but they have distinctly different voices.
Speaker 4: Porsche, she she doesn't and I like and I do like her for the most part, but I don't like the way she's been moving the last two episodes. I think she I guess we gave her so much credit for being so much more like above this, you know, being the wife, being stable, being a very much a support system for Porsche throughout all the years, being actually wealthy, actually having the things, not having to rent the clothes and all that kind of stuff. She has the things, like everything that that should have set her up to be a good housewife. But it didn't take very long for her to get put back in this box. And I'm sure it was frustrating for Shemiah to get this lapdog label. Nobody wants that label. But you're not helping yourself when I guess we all want like we're rooting for you, Shamia, like you know, like the Tyra Banks clip, we were rooting for you. We were all rooting for you. Like I think it would have made her look so dope and so powerful to still be a friend to Porsche, but to hold her accountable and say, hey, friend, if we're gonna do it, like y'all said, be intentional, make it a thing, be funny with it. But to play in our faces and be like I think Porsche said something like, oh, Shamia was meeting with him, and I was came by girl, girl, by go play with your mom, but don't play with us, because we're not stupid. And it's very obvious, like if me and my friend were going to do a scene, we would text each other what we're gonna do, and like, okay, you go first, and now pop up and act like I just came to meet you for drinks. We're not dumb. This is season sixteen. We've seen shenanigans before, and I think that was really why. And I really think the worst person in that scene was Ralph dropping tea about his wife messing with time allegedly, and then he lied by the way about him filing for divorce. Because if you go look up the divorce papers, guess who's label listen as the petitioner exactly, So guess who the what petitioner means, ladies and gentlemen. Petitioner is the one who instigates the divorce. The respondent is the one who responds. So you said that you filed first, Ralph.
Speaker 5: So the day that that happened, there was a joke online about them racing to the courthouse to file first, and everybody remembers Drew getting there first. So I was kind of confused by him saying that as well in that scene because we're fans of this show. That was news directly related to what's going on with the show, and we remember that.
Speaker 1: So I was like, damn, Like Claudia a journalist, Okay, so the think's Claudia, call me b Arthur.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait where are these?
Speaker 4: How many you have got wardrobe dreams?
Speaker 5: He got that drawer glasses like Sanford and Son, remember Rial Fox. You soafing that drawer with all them glasses in it.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: I love a faith prop Okay.
Speaker 1: So, Claudia, apparently you have done your research, So do you know what time Drew filed first, do you have that the document's handy.
Speaker 4: I don't have the time, but I also have some more tea because I actually called Drew before we went on the air, That's why I was late getting it together. And I said, Drew, tell me what's good, Like, did you mess with Dennis? What's up with this whole Dennis piece? And she said no, And I asked Dennis to clear this up. She said, remember when Ralph said that Dennis gave he gave Dennis his blessing to work, right, she said, the actual text and the reason why Porte didn't actually show the real tax she just kind of was reading it you don't see it was because it actually said I'm not trying to fuck Drew. I'm trying to get the money. But Porscha read it out of context to make it seem like, nah, like I'm turning her down for sex. Nah, I'm just trying to get to the money. That's the truth. Said. She has screenshots of it, and we were on she was trying to, you know, show me on FaceTime. So maybe that comes up at the reunion, maybe that comes up in your interview tomorrow. I'm sorry I bought you to her. I'm sorry. Whenever that happens, I need you to ask her for this look at her and Porsche. But she told me that that's what the actual text was, not a half asseds mischaracterization of what was said. So that's what a liar does though, Okay, and that's been very effective on lots of reality shows throughout the years. What people will do is take ten to fifteen, twenty percent of the truth, even fifty percent of the truth, and we'll have part of a text, but if you read it out of context, it can mean anything. I need to see the entire conversation, and that's how you know who's really full of shit?
Speaker 5: Well, why she says she ain't never kissed the girl? And then who said she kissed the girl on the show too?
Speaker 4: What she probably did like about that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, Bravo, it's good for right running at the beautiful bee footage. You know what I'm saying. They roll right to it every time. Yeah, I've kissed the girl, I've never kissed the girl, and we'd be like Drew right because I love her on this show. But it just gets the waters get a little murky when it comes to accuracy and honesty over there, that's all right, No.
Speaker 4: Ready to be out it and we have we respecially our gay brother. Maybe she wasn't ready to be out it as a you know, as the l you know.
Speaker 5: What I'm saying, which we don't know if she's is or not. You know what I'm saying, We don't know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I do want to touch on that briefly too, because listen, we're not here to out anybody.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's and I don't.
Speaker 4: Think she's a lost I'm not calling her lesbian.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no no no no no no no no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about the comment that I would saying, no, no, not for you, Claudia.
Speaker 1: I was saying that based on what was aired and what Raph said. You know, watching Ralph in that scene, it's evident that he doesn't like Drew anymore, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And and it was that I again.
Speaker 1: There, there's there's several reasons why that scene was hard to watch. Raps disdain for his wife, and it's evident that he just does not like her.
Speaker 2: Now, look, I don't know who who who Drew is at home?
Speaker 1: Right, I don't know who she is as a wife or mother. Obviously, Raph knows more about his current wife they're still.
Speaker 2: Married legally than we all do. But I think for me.
Speaker 1: It was it was hard to watch him mention that, yeah, I divorced her because she allegedly was with top right, who is Mimi Fausis X who is currently on Basketball.
Speaker 2: Wives as Minglee's girlfriend or a strange friend?
Speaker 4: And please look on Tie's opportunistic ass, okay, trying to go from reality show to reality show to just be in scenes with different people on different shows. And Ty, I don't care if you get mad about me saying this, because I already said it before, and I'm saying it with my whole chest. Just tall to me and you got muscles, but we ain't gonna be at the same parties. I'm just saying, you are going from different reality shows to be with different people, and I would be a little bit side on in that situation right there as well. So I'm sorry, Carlos, but I have strong feelings about that. I told me me about Tie the moment I first met her, I didn't have a good feeling about her, and I just think she's very opportunistic, like every girlfriend and man everybody you mess with is like on TV. Really okay, sorry, and I digress, so allegedly Drew now ming Lee, who else? Who else? Maybe that's three in like how many years now? If I was with three basketball players, y'all call me the biggest hole. Y'all do call me the biggest hole? And I had sections damn not in twenty twenty five. And okay, keep the same energy, that's all I'm saying. Opportunistic time, freaky time, shoot and shot at the basket and at.
Speaker 2: The so Claudia, Uh, I was wing.
Speaker 3: Claudia is best friends with MEMI. Man, that's how she feels. How she feels dust. I'll just listen.
Speaker 5: This is that's women ship. I ain't got nothing to do with that. That's women ship. I'm staying completely out of that.
Speaker 3: Bro. You already know.
Speaker 4: They said Claudia might have to ask brit for her pistols so she don't get me basketball?
Speaker 2: Y'all are we we want we involving that? So look, Hi, I wanted to break this up. Uh Claudia spit fire during receipts. Maybe you are well.
Speaker 1: I I really am intrigued. When they flashed back to Drew saying wow. Okay, so Ralph says, sorry, guys, have a scatter bread. Claudia just took me to a whole another world and I'm in Pluto with Gail King and I need to get back down on Earth.
Speaker 4: That that was a scamming the line they did not.
Speaker 1: Send the spaceship. Okay, okay, I'm back on Earth. Thank you, Gail King and Katy Perry. All right, look, okay, I'm back. So when Ralph intimated that he filed for divorce because Drew was allegedly messing with Tie, they did flash back to a scene of Drew saying in the middle of a sentence, because you know, I want to make sure I give all the contexts in the middle of the sentence, since Drew does say she was there for me.
Speaker 2: When I needed her.
Speaker 1: Along those lines, it did appear that it could have been more than friends, or it could have been taken out a context that we didn't see the entire scene.
Speaker 2: So when you.
Speaker 1: Guys did see that, did y'all take that as confirmation or not?
Speaker 3: One hundred percent?
Speaker 5: That confirmation I didn't even need in my From my perspective, I felt like they had a relationship that was more than Platonic I did you, and it's no secret she changed the subject every time they talked about it. In the season fifteen reunion, when Drew sang on stage and Ralph came out and he said, first chair at the reunion they were they talked about it, Drew changed the subject. Candy spoke as plainly as she could about what she knew about it. It was what it was, you know, And Drew has been adamant about the fact that she, you know, has not had that sort of relationship with a woman. The facts and shit we see appears to present otherwise whatever. Chara even said that, remember when Chari at that reunion season fifteen, she said somebody had dropped off some copies of messages to the chateau.
Speaker 3: And the message.
Speaker 5: They passed the messages around at the reunion and read them, and I will never forget Candy and Kenya were looking at the damn the message and Kenya was like, oh oh, and Candy was like, do we be texting like that? Do I send you stuff like that? So everybody felt that way. Ralph came on and said that, like Claudia has made a great point earlier, maybe Drew's not ready to talk about that part yet. But it would read better to the audience if she would say that as opposed to know I didn't or no, I'm not, just say I don't want to talk about it right now, like Kyle Richard's be saying, they threatened, They asked Kyle all the time. You know what I'm saying, what's up with you in Morgan you guys fucking around or whatever?
Speaker 3: And she never says no.
Speaker 5: She never says slides for years, slide, two years, now, slide.
Speaker 2: Let's have a real conversation.
Speaker 1: I love Kyle Richards, baby, but let's clock it.
Speaker 5: So that's what it is. But that's also the difference. You get what I'm saying, That's the difference. Drew says, No, Kyle just says when I'm ready, not right now.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 4: Obviously I'm not in the community. I'm in no community right But when people have talked to me and educating me about it, about outing people and all that kind of stuff, like I've been told, not scolded, but told like, yo, you leave that alone. Like if someone's not ready to say whatever, you leave it alone. And I just kind of feel like, do we need to be mindful and I'm not saying I mean, I never seen that scene with Drew talking about Ty before. You know, I've heard my things that I've heard as well, but I never saw that. So I was never gonna say anything about it until I saw that scene because to me, that scene confirmed it. Ye that she set it on camera. So if she said it on camera, that's something that she's okay with us knowing. Right, But like, I just feel like, is there a different set of standards when it's a girl, Like, is it like we are we being extra hard on her because it's a woman.
Speaker 5: Oh No, it's the opposite. It's the polar opposite. She can go ahead. She's married to a man. People perceive her as a heterosexual woman to the world. That's why there's so much scuttle but and conversation around her alleged bisexual tryst with Tie and whoever else she may have been involved with. Right, But she can go on from that live a very happy life with a man in a relationship.
Speaker 3: We see it replicated time and time again.
Speaker 5: If a man, however, admitted to having some sort of sexual experience with another man is forever he's got the scarlet letter for the rest of his life, so it's actually it's the opposite.
Speaker 4: No, No, I agree what you're saying with that part. Sure, one thousand percent. Once a man, I mean, you know, I definitely work with people that are definitely never been comfortable with that. I get it. I mean as far as it's like forcing her to admit it, forcing her to admit it, like, no, you need.
Speaker 2: You mean in the constructs of reality television.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you need to say. I totally agree with what you're saying. Doesn't about when a man admits to that, he's he has a scarlet letter for the rest of his life. And there's a lot of women I will never date a guy that's my set. I get all that. But I'm saying, as far as like really being pressed to admit it, we want you to tell us and admit it on television in this reality show. Do you think, like as I hear a lot of people talking about this with this.
Speaker 2: Scandal, No, And I'll say this to you.
Speaker 1: Dothin did a very good point of explaining the juxtaposition between Kyle Richards and what is being said about Drew right now.
Speaker 2: In Drew's defense. In Drew's big defense.
Speaker 1: We have not seen Drew and Tie photograph together hanging out backstage at ties w A. You know what I mean, Like, like Kyle and Morgan have been seen together in very intimate saties and let's have a real conversation here. Kyle did a music video with Morgan where they simulated kissing and were this closed and never touching lips.
Speaker 2: So in Drew's defense, that wasn't the case.
Speaker 1: And I think that's the difference, Claudia, as as you asked a really good question. The reason why we have the audience is like, Kyle, if you are lesbian, that is your choice, but you're gonna stop playing our face.
Speaker 4: She's taunting, toying with me with it appears.
Speaker 1: That way the music video assimulating it.
Speaker 2: It was sort of like, what are you doing here?
Speaker 1: And y'all got matching tattoos together, Claudia, they're filming.
Speaker 2: They were filming together.
Speaker 1: They talked about how they first met, and I think that's the reason why we wanted more. I think the thing with Drew, and that's why I was like, Ralph, if that is your truth you guys on a reality show, that's fine, But I think when you are exposing anyone's sexuality, whether it's a woman or a man or they it is dangerous territory because that is that on persis comfortability to be able to do it. And I'm not going to go dark here, but a lot of bad things can happen to a person who's not ready to say that, regardless of what ch'all may talked about, because he said out of his own mouth, she said it to me, Ralph bro it's a difference that she said it to you and not the world, so bors Moore did.
Speaker 4: Weren't they having problems before those allegations about him disappearing or was it Flora like all that time? And he's trying to like it was that's what made them most men and he seems like the guy to be like, oh, I'm with this, let me jump in, you know, if that's the case, But like, wasn't he missing and doing a lot of fun shit before that?
Speaker 5: They came onto the show with very obvious issues in their marriage that they were vulnerable enough and brave enough to share with us, right, So that was not the straw that broke the Camels back from the viewers perspective, but Ralph definitely said that that was the reason why he filed, which was the very direct question that Shmia asked him. So for him, maybe that was it, you know what I'm saying. I also think that Ralph, it just it felt so it just did not land well with the viewers. And I think it was because Ralph was obviously motivated by you know, a he was coming from a place of it being like, this is my time to say what I got to say because Drew's not let me film. I don't have anything else any other reason the film. They invited me here, I'm about to say what I have to say. And that's why his guns were really blazing during that conversation. And it's a sad way to go out to me, but that's what I believe that I saw.
Speaker 4: It's one thing where you don't have kids, like together, like you know, portion of time and right or whatever. Right, it's one thing we don't have kids. But then when you have kids and like you're on TV and a medium that's going to live forever, right, Honestly, kids can act as social media and all that kind of stuff. And see your dad saying that's about her mom. Their mom where and I'm sure the mom has not had a chance to have that kind of conversation with those babies, you know what I mean, Like, I just think that was just kind of stink like that. Ralph, I like, you know, you're you're playing nasty now you're you're there's other ways to handle this, I.
Speaker 2: Think, Yeah, No, her people hurt others and that's what I got from it.
Speaker 1: Child, we are just getting started. This is reality with the King and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. I want to transition into Angela Oakley. Okay, So Alay has several investments investment properties, excuse me, and one of them, she invited Portia to to play tennis because she said that because Portia made that comment about, you know, the husband situation, she didn't feel she didn't want her to come to her house, right, which to me, I was like, that's funny because I was right, and and that to.
Speaker 2: Me is like fun shade. So I really thought that was hilarious.
Speaker 1: So they're playing tennis and in this moment, Angela decides to sit Porsia down and really talk to her about her friend Shamia. Angela decided to reveal that she drew and Shamia had a conversation where Shamia mentioned some of the issues that she does have with Porsia. In this conversation, Angela told Porsche that Shamia is mad at you for not attending her wedding, and not only that that you supposedly did not want her to join the show The Real Housewives of Atlanta, which by the way, I loved it with shows break the fourth wall because we as the audience, we were stabbing enough to know give us all the information that we're able to to really understand the root of it. Porscha breaks down in tears, cover her face with a fan, and decides to leave Dustin and Claudia.
Speaker 2: What were your thoughts on that entire exchange.
Speaker 3: First of all, great scene.
Speaker 5: Angela was holding court literally on that tennis court running the show.
Speaker 3: Shout out to my friend Carrie.
Speaker 5: It's Carrie on Twitter who said that our h o A and it sends for Real Housewives Oakley Comma Angela, okay because this is her season.
Speaker 2: Uh Carrie, Yes, I love him. Hi Carrie, I'll follow him. He's amazing.
Speaker 3: We fuck with you, Carrie.
Speaker 5: But that that that was just an example. Angela masterfully right, got the most emotion we've seen out of Porsche all season. Angela pulled it out of on that tennis court, putting that fan in front of her face like that and not being able to continue in the scene and it reaching an emotional place that broke that barrier, that shield that Porscha's been filming with all season, which is creating the disconnect between her and her fans. We want to know your emotions. We want to know how you feel about Simon giving you hell. We want to know you know what the real deal on you and Shemia's relationship is because we've seen it for many, many years. Remember, Shemia has been appearing on this show as a friend of since season five, so she's not a new character the court. To the core viewership of this show. We know the history. We remember seeing Faedro do like this, We remember seeing Faedro do that, saying that Shemiah alluding to her, alleging that Shemiah was having a sexual relationship with Candy and Todd and it wasn't true. We remember all of those things, so we know the breaks that have taken place in the friendship of Porsche and Shemiah, and we.
Speaker 3: Want to see it.
Speaker 5: Another point, I want to make Angela might have first share at that reunion. Carlos, You've talked about the importance of that. She's been the focus. She's instrumental to several of the stories that are taking place this season. Okay, and based on the midseason trailer, she got some more big ass moments to come. Angela might take that first season first chair spot at the reunion opposite Porscha, So it'll be good to see.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 4: I didn't see tears. I saw a fan in front of a face, and I've been around lots of girls with fake tears, and until I see water streaming down your face, I'm not buying it. I felt like she knew at that point, I'm looking really bad right now and I'm going to cover my face and I just can't continue. She thinks I think she's my laptop girl. Bye girl, by listen. I know bad acting when I see it because I do it all the time on to be so I'm not buying one went bar Away shot the whole family. I know bad acting. Portray girl, I'll see you. We see each at that. No no, no, no, no no no. Angela was very very brilliant for not letting Porsche come to her house after what Porsche did with Fallin at Fallon in Simon's house. So I thought that was super dope and it was also like a callback to that season when that happened. You can't show me that that being called, being deemed that you feeling like your friend thinks that she's your lapdog would make you that upset. And then in the next scene at the Panther by Porsche thing, you were so cold to your friend. It's it's the mathe math, and I'm not buying it, and I'm not quick to just give passes on that. I'm sorry I called BS when I see BS, and I agree with you. Angela just the way she's moving like she goes right to the edge, but then but not enough where she's being messy or inappropriate. She holds the girls accountable and she makes them explain and she makes some answer and then she tells the truth. I do feel like Shemia did need a push. I do think that the problem with Shemia and Porsche's friendship dynamic is an balance of power. I think that Shemia's esteem self esteem is not low, but lower than Porscha's, right, so she probably feels like Porscha's like the big dog and she's like, you know, she's in her shadow a little bit. Whether no matter how many times we tell Shemia how beautiful she is, how dope she is, she gotta going on, I think internally she feels less than and I think Porsha plays a hand in that by the way she dismisses Smia's feelings. It seems, you know, you can see that there's an imbalance of power there, that it feels like one's here and one's there, when really they're probably more like this.
Speaker 5: You know, it's so funny because so many people, so many of us right have that takeaway from watching them on the show. But the minute you just take a step into like their social media accounts or any glimpse into the real lives that these ladies lead, Shemiah is by she is in no way a subordinate to Porscha in real life. I think that we are as viewers, just met Porscha first, and we're quite literally introduced to Shamiah as Porsha's friend.
Speaker 3: But now that they have even footing on the show.
Speaker 5: I think it is a bit of a culture shock for Porsha I think there's some resentment and jealousy there and just some things that she's gonna have to face, truly identify and accept and work through. Because the way she did Shamiah when she was previewing her single at the bank at that Vauda Angela's dinner, in addition to a myriad of other instances where we felt like Porscha was not the best friend to Shamiyah, it's a reckoning time. So we're going to see now, We're going to see people like Angela Oakley, people like Kelly Farrell. They are having conversations with Samiyah that are forcing her to say some shit out loud that she hasn't said out loud before. And if Porscha reacts to that, it's gonna tell immediately who she's always been in that friendship. You'll be able to tell immediately by her reaction.
Speaker 4: So I do like about this season that there are women that I don't think that Kelly and Angela are actually coming from a mean place. I think in past seasons you may have seen people carrying bones back to get a scene to be messy. It does feel like they're actually trying to give to me a like real girl kind of girl, the girl women and women kind of advice, like girl, like, you know, say something, speak up for yourself and not it doesn't feel like mean spirited. It doesn't feel like they're just trying to get a scene. So I do like that about this season. And I know people like to say I'm a POORTI hated listen. I like holding people accountable. I'm not saying anything different than than Angela Oakley, Okay, but she's just saying it better and smoother and cuter, you know, and with less cuss words. But she's like, I agree with how she's moving, She's seeing things, She's coming to a new friend group and saying, wait, hold on, this don't seem right. This ain't sitting right with me. And I think there's nothing wrong with calling that out. You can call people out and that does not mean you're being a hater. Because if someone is not evolving from their past bad behavior and still moving in the same way and not really learning, then until they stop them, we gonna stop. Can't stop. I won't stop. I'm just saying we're just you know, we're calling it out. And I would like to see like her like evolved Porscha. I mean, I think I've said it before, y'all. I think she's adorable. She has a body of tea, she's funny, and when she's in her like fun bag and not being a mean girl, Porsche is a fun time. But all this stuff that she's doing that she got when she kind of got bigger, is making her less appealing. The thing that we liked about it where she was like kind of like that dinghy, kind of naive, kind of came off kind of I don't know any better her oh two hundred and sixty five days in a year. We laughed with her like we laughed at her, but we also laughed with her too, and it made her more charming. This mean girl thing does not work for her. It's not cute. It's not cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I want to because one thing about our conversation that's very different than other people who recap the shows is we do sort of go deeper when it comes to the nature of some of this behavior. Somebody in the comment said something that I want to I want to address because I with them, Shamia, and.
Speaker 2: It's also something you brought on to Claudia.
Speaker 1: There's a power dynamic let's be rid, let's have a conversation.
Speaker 2: There is a power dynamic in Shamia.
Speaker 1: And portious friendship, just like there was a power dynamic in Nini and Cynthia's friendship. Yeah, and and Claudia, it doesn't you two clocked it, because I didn't think about that until tonight, until you two said it.
Speaker 2: Angela and Kelly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they made sure to bring out shamia in securities to the forefront because they.
Speaker 2: Were moving story along.
Speaker 1: And they also want to in a weird way, and guys, stay with me on this. In a weird way, Angela and Kelly were trying to empower Samia to stand up for herself and and and and I thought it was something so interesting to watch because I remember producing Atlanta Housewives and Claudia, you were their season seven. All of the girls wanted Cynthia to wake up and and this is their.
Speaker 2: Words, not mine, right, Claudia. A lot of those girls were like.
Speaker 1: Cynthia, Nini called your husband a bitch. It looks like your Nini's lap dog. Are you afraid of Niini? It was something that Cynthia had to deal with and the beauty of Cynthia. Years later, she admitted this on my podcast, so listen to that. She said, because I came on the show with Niini, I felt indebted to her. She was my friend and and I thought I was just being a genuine friend by like, this woman is my friend on the show, so I'm a ride for her.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't until she got out of the cloud of.
Speaker 1: The show that she was able to sort of see the dynamic shifting. I think for Shamiah and Portia's friendship, and I want all three of us to be real, especially Claudia, not that you're not real, but you have a lot of female friends, and I want to hear a lot from you.
Speaker 2: I know that in some friendships there are power dynamics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in friendships there are queen bees, let's be real, And especially in female friendships, there are queen bees. And when I say queen bees, what I mean by that is every friend group has one person who is sort of like the leader, right, and then everyone else falls in line. Not that they're submissive or weak, it's just it's the dynamic of their friendship. That I have a friend group where that's the case in my friend group. Years later, I've been in all types of friend groups, my current friend group, it is that way. And one of my friends recently said to me, and I thought it was so funny. We've been friends for like fifteen years and he said the sem a three weeks ago. He said, Bitch, I want you to know I have no problems being Carlos Kings plus one.
Speaker 2: Baby, I'm here for it. I want all the perks that comes along.
Speaker 1: With being your friend. Bitch, I want you to know I am jealous of you. I don't want your life, but baby, I want the perks. And we got a good laugh at it because he is so confident in his own looks, in his own career.
Speaker 2: He's not in the in the industry.
Speaker 1: But I thought it was interesting because it showed that we could talk about the elephant in the room and not be somebody that that's not able to address it. And I think the thing is this, and let's be real, it is challenging, and Claudia, I want to get your thoughts on this. Porscha is the star of her friend group, right, it doesn't mean that Smiah is less of a star.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: And because Porscha and Shamiah grew up together, one person career accelerated to the high heavens and another person didn't as.
Speaker 2: Big as Portia's.
Speaker 1: And I think what Shamia is craving for, and I will love to ask her this, but I think what Shamia's craving for is some acknowledgement of I am now here and I want us to be together in this And I think I think she probably feels afraid to have that conversation because she's afraid of the response. So, Claudia and your female friendships, would you say that's the case in terms of like this subtle hierarchy that is left unsaid.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's true, But I feel like, you know, when in my friend groups, I will say I'm in that position, and that's not in a cocky way. A lot of them didn't know each other until I introduced them. So like my birthday trip, there was twelve of us and they all made toast to me, right, and they all the one thing they all said was you brought us all together. Does that mean I'm the most successful of the group. Absolutely not. Tracey Evans was there any Alanza's there, she's on SWAT, she's you know these that countless My friend's chancey runs to businesses. They are That doesn't mean I'm better than them, richer than them, more beautiful than them. It does not mean that in a I brought them all together so they was like some I have some history with all of them, and I'm usually the initiator of hey, let's all go to a rube, Well let's all do this. But there's two types of women, right. There's some that love being in the Beyonce role, and they they like they kind of can look down. Not that Beyonce does that, but I'm saying the obvious star, right, and then they're they're they're not conscious of it. They don't even realize like they're being rude or whatever. I feel like, because I feel like I'm in that role with my friends, I go extra out of my way to big up my friends extra to make it feel like I know, I wanted to feel like it's here, and then it's here. If anything, it's here, and it's here like damn, it are the same. The only thing I have not even over them, is I initiate us getting together. But I think that some women you learn a lot from, You learn a lot about a person by who they surround themselves with. A confident woman will surround ourselves with other women, more beautiful, more successful, and then get more attention than them and be totally fine, like that's my dog right there, we here together. Insecure women will want to be the star of their group and surround themselves with women they know they don't get as much attention, don't have it as pope as them, And that tells you all you need to know about that friend circle and how they probably treat each other, and how one's probably gonna feel a little less than I think that. I think it's nothing more powerful than a group of women that are very closely yoked, equally yoked, or even different kinds of yo hi yokes us, and they all exist in harmony. I just think that with I think that I'm not saying Poorsia purposely does that touch me in but you can tell that one feels more above and one feels my below.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm with Claudia on this one. I think there's definitely a way to responsibly be a leader in a friendship circle or a leader in a friendship group if you're a person who has more acts. First of all, we can start with personality, right. Some people just have larger personalities they're willing to go first and speak up first and do things first, and so they naturally assume that leadership role. I got a huge motherfucking personality, and I don't mind taking the lead in my friendship circles that by no means indicates me looking at them less than or anything like that. First of all, I love the fuck out of all of my friends, and I ride for mine. All my friends know that. It's no secret, no question. Number two, I celebrate my friends just because I have a certain type of job or I have certain access to different environments and different shit. They have incredible professional lives as well, and they have big personalities as well, and we celebrate each other. We lift each other up. There's a way to be the responsible leader, and there's a way to be the friend of a leader as well. That's responsible. That does not include jealousy or ego or stupid ass issues that will arise from ego and jealousy. There's no place for that in friendship. So, if you're a leader, if you're a person who does assume their role for whatever reason, and you give a fuck about your friends, you care about their emotions and how they're made to feel, you're always aware of that, and you're not gonna kiss their ass or go do things in a way that makes them feel even more different. But you're gonna make sure that they're celebrated. You're gonna make sure that you do the things that come naturally anyway. So to me, it boils down to the authenticity of the friendship. If you really riding and you're prime example, Carlos and Claudia, I've known both of y'all for years. You have both worked in entertainment for years prior to the little shit.
Speaker 3: That the things that I do.
Speaker 5: Now, you know what I'm saying, I've never felt like little dog, they're like little you know what I'm saying. I've never felt that way, And I've always had a tremendous amount of respect for the things that you all have done, your accomplishments. It just goes back to the root of the friendship. So what we're watching on TV is because there are some fundamental cracks in their friendship that are directly related to ego, to jealousy, to sharing the spotlight, to not speaking up. You know what I'm saying, You have to really show up one hundred percent in a friendship in both extremes that we're seeing in the friendship of Shamia and Porsche. Both of them could have done a better job being honest with each other. Both of them could have done a better job prioritizing their relationship. But from what we've seen on the TV, Porsche has not been as good of a friend to Shamiya as we've seen Shamiah be to Porsha.
Speaker 4: That's it for me and putting my I try to put myself in people's shoes, and for Portia, I understand in a way how she may feel. Right, this is my area, this is where I like, this is my thing that I have my show. And then when my friend comes along that you know, maybe you little little maybe you do little dog or a little sister, I don't know, but she comes along and like the first few weeks, like everyone was like Samia Shamia, Shmia, I could see how someone that's not that I could see all that she would feel like you're encroaching on my territory, you know what I mean. Not that it's right or not that it's wrong. I'm just saying I could just be I just just be sympathetic to how she may feel. You know, and maybe if she's not that secure, maybe she feels like someone's encroaching upon the thing that I have over you, or the thing that I have the one thing that's mine. This is my area. Not that it's right, but I could see it.
Speaker 5: I just think you even using the words over you, like the thing I have over you, just to me that that is the thing right there in her mind. That's what I'm saying, like the fact that that even exists me personally, I'm not gonna be around nobody that I can't trust. To me, that's the number one way to be not safe. You hear crazy ass true crime stories all the time about the best friend who was really jealous or whatever.
Speaker 3: The fuck. The minute I see any indication.
Speaker 5: Of jealousy or snake ass behavior, any of that type shit, you'll never hear from me again, real shit, because that's a safety issue at that point, and it's no place for that sort of perspective in real friendship. To me, it's no way that Porsche should have ever. I don't care what we don't know she actually felt like this. We're judging based on what we've been seeing, on what we've been shown on the show, Right But to me, there's no way that she should have ever felt like this show was something that a person, a motherfucker she brought on the show. You know what I'm saying, can't be a part of We wouldn't even know Samia as your friend. Un Listen, you didn't bring her on the damn show, Porsche. So for you to have that idea that you don't want to share in that way or share the spotlight, that's kind of fucked up to me, Like that ain't what a good friend looks like.
Speaker 1: This is what the reason why this episode's my favorite is because these are the type of topics I want to talk about because it's relatable.
Speaker 2: It's relatable to the friendships, whether.
Speaker 1: It's gays, girls, men, these are relatable topics. And I think bafe on what happened at Porscha's event, Right, So Porscha learns this information and she decides not to talk.
Speaker 2: To Shemi about it. Right, all the girls are at the event, and then.
Speaker 1: Kelly, Kelly decided to tell Shmiah, like, look, just so you know, Angela told Portia what you said about her, and we you know, I know, we pinky swar, you know, which that's not the greatest thing right to say, I'm gonna tell you all something about pinky swear. I think the thing is this, The difference between a Beyonce and Kelly is this Beyonce and Kelly both were in the group together, and Beyonce as the lead singer, so she always by position literally positioned, was always two steps ahead of the rest of the girls in the group. Right, But they both had a dream of startup. And what I would like to know from Porsche and Shamia? And this is just me being real. Did Shamia ever tell Porsche, right, hey, I really want to be a housewife?
Speaker 2: Can you put me on? Because you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like if me and Dustin, me and you are boys, and and and and this happened to me.
Speaker 2: In my life. Thank you, Dustin, Save me, Lord Jesus.
Speaker 1: Where somebody assumed that I didn't give much to them, and I said, how am I supposed to know you wanted this? If you didn't tell me, like you're walking around here mad at me, Well you should have get you you. I wanted some camera time too, if you would have told me, I would say, Okay. Me and Dustin met as friends. I met as a fan of Dustin. Right, I was a fan of Dustin's reviews and his acting skills alongside Justse Smilett Honey. So I was a fan of Dustin and me and Dustin friendship developed because of just me admiring his skill set. And then when I was doing all this stuff with his YouTube channel, I obviously know you had a podcast, and I said, you want to help my my YouTube and recap some stuff with me. And when people start to like Dustin so much so, Claudia, let's talk about real friendship. Some people would say Dustin needs to host a reunion instead of Carlos.
Speaker 2: Kick Carlos off and have Dustin do it.
Speaker 1: I never once kicked Dustin off of my channel because he was getting all this attention.
Speaker 2: If anything, I embraced it because at.
Speaker 1: The end of the day, I'm not We're not just with each other, but we also have a real friendship. And I know Dustin's dreams and I'm here to help Dustin fulfill all his dreams that.
Speaker 2: I'm able to do. Stay thin with you, Claudia.
Speaker 1: People, you got Claudia on your show, kick her off, and I'm like, I like her recapping Atlanta Housewives, says to me. Y'alln't gotta like it, but I think it makes sense and I'm here to help Claudia live about her dreams. I am curious in real life, did Shamia ever tell Porsche I would like to be an Atlanta housewife?
Speaker 2: Can you put in a word?
Speaker 1: And if Shamiah never told Porsha, how is it Porsia's fault that she didn't give her a recommendation? If Shamia never said that to her, and that's the conversaituation they should have.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna say this and let y'all cook.
Speaker 1: When Shamiah was put on the spot to address it, I saw a little girl afraid to speak up for herself. And I felt so bad for Shamiah because I want to go deep with Shamiah. I need to know what was Shamiah told in her childhood. Whereas a grown woman, she has this visible fear of telling her truth.
Speaker 2: And I felt really, really sad for her.
Speaker 4: Didn't she say on the show though? Or didn't? Okay, I'm seeing people say that. Also. Candy brought her on the show as well, but didn't shouldn't admit that she did see evidence that Porscha did in fact, make a recommendation the show. So to Porscha's credit, she did. She did, she did recommend her. But but there's one thing you recommend, you know, and you recommend someone with something, but then people really embrace them like you may not think they're gonna embrace them like that. You're like, oh, yeah, you come on the show, it's all good, But then they saw giving you lots of love. Maybe there's that, But Porsche, you're still a star. Like listen, no matter what I say about you, my critique of some of your behavior, you're still a star. Like, no one's taken your shine away with you. You have a huge fan base, You have lots of opportunities people like you have a lot of people that do like you. Even with your you know, your little messes, you do like you never have to worry. I've worked with a really big personality one time that like would be so intimidate, not intimidate, bothered by people that we're nowhere near his level of fame or wealth, and it was mind blowing, Like you, how much further have to go to be on that level? Like you're good, but there are some people that are bothered by just a little bit of Shine getting away from I'm not saying that's Portia's case, but Portia did recommend her for the show.
Speaker 5: She did has been recommended several times. Candy has spoken at lengths about how she fought for many seasons to you know, she advocated, catered for Sama to be a part of this cast.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: Another note I think that we need to speak about related to the Porscha, Shamia and Angela of it all right.
Speaker 3: Again, they got mad at Candy.
Speaker 5: For her speak on the videos over the years, right, and they felt like she was dragging the cast. But those speak on the videos are now turning out to be a great resource and a great time stamp for what the fuck has happened. So Marlowe was on Speak on It a couple seasons ago and she spoke about this was when this was season thirteen, when they went to New Orleans and all that shit was going on. There was an I remember Big Freeda came on the show and there was an argument at the table. Marlow speaks at length and Candy speak on the video about Samia getting upset with her. If you remember, at that table, Samiah was chiming in and she was nailing Marlow at that table, and it was because there had been another conversation off camera, just like the one that had taken place in this season where Marlow said Marlow and Shamia were arguing and Marlow said something about Samia's husband. According to Marlow, this is straight out of Marlow's mouth to Candy, Marlow said something about Samia's husband in some capacity, and apparently Shemia said like, he wouldn't want you, and Marlow was.
Speaker 3: Like, yo, man, hell fuck me. If he'll fuck you, you know, he'll fuck me.
Speaker 5: And Shemiah was highly offended by that, and you can see in her disposition in the scenes that followed at the table and all that other shit, that that was a real issue for her. So a lot of people have been sharing that clip and comparing and contrasting it to Shemia's nonchalant nature. When Angela expressed to her that she was upset about what she over, her porschas saying off camera, might I add you know what I'm saying about Angela's husband.
Speaker 3: So I don't know. I think that.
Speaker 5: I just think that there's deeper issues going on here when they're showing themselves as who they really are to each other. Remember the conversation that went on about Charles and and what Porscha said that was off camera, So those ladies were that was not for the show. That was not you know, conversation to move story along or say something to antagonize Angela. That was really real shit that they was kicking outside that pool. That was real feelings they were sharing that weren't really for the show or for our consumption. So it just makes you think on a deeper level, like what's really going on here? You know what I'm saying. And I think that's why people have started to this resounding conversation about holding this person accountable or holding that person accountable.
Speaker 3: But that flows flat on me because.
Speaker 5: As soon as Cynthia held Kenya accountable, y'all was on her ass for weeks saying she was a horrible friend of Kenya, she was a bad friend of Kenya. She should have did this different, she shouldn't have said that. So at this point, I'm just enjoying the show. If the conversations happened on camera and we can make some sort of determination based on that, that's it. That's what I'm doing, because when it comes down to True Blue accountability. When it comes down to a person really standing on shit, it doesn't land the way that we think it would on the fans. So that's why you don't play to the fans. And that's why I don't even read the comments because I feel like it's a place for people to share their thoughts. It's not a place to seek inspiration or to use as a compass when you're performing as a part of these casts. And I think that's another part of the disconnect when it comes to their friend and shit, because the fans have a lot to say about their friendship and that history.
Speaker 4: Two things also, Shamia's husband didn't want her to go on the show, right, there's that. And one thing we are forgetting about in regards to Porsha and Shia's friendship is Shamiah didn't even know why Porsche didn't come to her wedding. That was that had to be like wait, what, I'm just finding this out now, you know, like you holding things in for years Like that is like you not telling me, I don't know, this is bananas, Like if you're not coming to my wedding even though I had three however, that had right as my bestie I'm gonna need to know that day what the reason is. I need to know right away. You know, that's got to be you know that was that was deep. That moment right there, that was pretty deep.
Speaker 1: Let's get into that because one of the things that was said was Porscha told Shama, then I go to your wedding because we weren't speaking pretty much speaking, and Shamiyah said she never knew that, and that she was told something about her, something about not being able to fly and the comfortability of it. And then you know, black Twitter child, Black Twitter loves of receipt.
Speaker 2: That's why, to Edessa's.
Speaker 1: Point, when you are on these shows, you have to like remember what you say. One of the things that Claudia Jordia one of the things was in a previous season, Porcha said she didn't go because I think it was something dealing with.
Speaker 2: Blood clots or something.
Speaker 4: On the plane with.
Speaker 5: The Philippines, Porscha said she couldn't get a seat of first class flight and it was a long flight because remember Candy and Carman were laughing at the table that was in the heat of their disagreement, and they were laughing about not being able to recline on the plane and and that being her reason for not going.
Speaker 1: Yeh, so the fans saw that. So it's one of those things where could two things?
Speaker 2: Could two things be true?
Speaker 1: Or did y'all feel like what you said, Claudia, This friendship is so fractured that they don't have the ability to be real with each other based on the whatever's happening in the moment.
Speaker 4: Seems like Portia's dismissive of Shemia, like, yeah, whatever, get over it. You know, if I can make it, I'll make it. And then I it feels like Shamia is afraid to, like really call to the carpet if my best friend's not making one of my three weddings, or if I wedding to however many I want answers, and I would hold them accountable because I don't feel inferior to my best friend.
Speaker 1: She went to for the record portrait that go to the wedding in Atlanta.
Speaker 4: Well that's convenient. I mean, if I just got to drive down the street, drive up eighty five, that's not a big deal. That's not a big sacrifice. I need you to get on a plane. You my bestie. And if I said I'm an offer to BUYO ticket. HEFA, you better be there. I'm just saying, but I feel like that may feel like not being able to communicate with someone that you do love. They do, I'm sure they love each other, right, That's got to be a horrible feeling, like feeling like you can't really say until you had the nudging of two women you kind of just.
Speaker 5: Met, which at that point, the other person is obviously going to be in defense mode. Right If we're now discussing some deep, deeply buried, deep rooted, deep seated issues at the behest of some people that we really don't even know, like that, you know what I'm saying, Porscha is automatically going to be on defense mode, and that's why we're seeing the breakdown that we're seeing right now in their friendship. Since the airing of this episode on Sunday, Shamia is done press I saw her doing some inner. She did watch What Happens Live on Sunday and spoke very clearly and plainly about her disappointment and the breakdown of her friendship with Porsche, and she said that Andy asked her what she pausing or stopping, and she said, at this point she is the friendship. So Shamia is being more vocal now than she's ever been about it, and she has definitely been empowered from whatever source or for whatever reasons to speak her truth. I really enjoy Shamia on this show. Seeing her as a housewife has been great for me. I'm happy to see her on camera. I think she's got a great, big personality that translates well into television. And I like Shamia on this show. I've always felt like Shamiah was wronged with that Phaedrus shit and the Candy situation, So seeing her in this arc, I'm enjoying it. I want to see more of it, and I also respect friendship. So no matter what my personal opinion is on who's right or wrong, we're talking about.
Speaker 3: A twenty plus year of friendship from.
Speaker 5: When they was kids, you know what I'm saying, Like, that's something that you covered and you revere. Sometimes that reverence has to start in the midst of a breakdown or be you know, it has to be derived from a breakdown sometimes, So maybe they can fix it.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping the best, but this.
Speaker 2: Is how I feel destined.
Speaker 1: Just because you grew up with somebody as kids or teenagers and you guys were the best of friends as teens. Sometimes that doesn't translate when you are grown. And I think a lot of people stay friends because of the history of the years they've known each other.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna be honest here.
Speaker 1: I'm being very honest when I say this, and I know Atlanta I lived there for years. Portia Shamia as adult women are not in the same friend group, and I think they both should talk to each other.
Speaker 2: I don't see them being friends.
Speaker 1: I think they're friends because of the history of the number. I think Shamia in real life has our own group of friends, and Portia in real life has our own group of friends. I think they will always have. I'm hoping this a respectful relationship, but I've been one thousand percent. They're not the same type of chicks. They're just not. And I think somebody has to say it like I did growing up. Me and you, Yes, we known each other since we were this age, but in my forties we don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: We're not the same but different people, and it's okay, it's okay. I don't think portion Shamia should be friends. I'm sorry, they're not the same woman. They have two separate friend groups. They it's obvious, but they gotta have that tough conversation with each other, just like how Nini and Cynthia. On Nini's Leaks podcast watch it, she interviewed Cynthia.
Speaker 2: It was a great conversation.
Speaker 1: I love the I love the interview because Nini and Cynthia both said, I'm paraphrasing that we like who we are today. We won't ever be back like we were, but if we stumble upon each other at dinner, we can talk.
Speaker 2: But gone are the days of Nanni.
Speaker 1: And Cynthia talking on the phone ten times a day, all the days of them going on vacation together. But they can coexist and get a good key, key, have a cocktail, keep a movement. I think Shuni and Porsche needs to have that level of prenticeship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree. And also people change. I mean, listen, there's no secret that Porsia's sister also felt away about how she's been treated by her as well, you know what I mean. So it's not like this is an isolated incident, and maybe she's changed, maybe the fame from you know, she definitely blew up, you know, and some people act differently to us people. You can't start treating people like they're your assistant or they're you know, hold my bag, take my picture, you know, all that kind of stuff, you know. And sometimes if fame comes quickly, sometimes it makes people kind of like, you know, kind of be filmed themselves and be a little bit, I don't know, unconcerned about other people's feelings, are a little bit colorblind to it, where you don't even like notice that you're doing it, you know, because all the everybody else is fawning over you and fans and whatever you need. And then you start treating people that are close to you like there's a help not saying she's doing that. I'm just a hypothesis, hypothetically speaking. But you know, it's okay, and nostalgia is not enough of a reason to stay friends if it's hurting you both of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So all right, So next week, Dustin, Claudia, Smia, and Portscha have their famous well infamous, I should say, sit down. So we will be back next week and talk about that in the rest of the episode.
Speaker 2: But thank you to so much for another great recap.
Speaker 1: Claudia, you are on tour, honey, not cowboy Carter, but cop Boy, Claudia last let them know what you got going on.
Speaker 4: Baby. We were in Indianapolis, Chicago for two shows in Saint Louis. Just got to Atlanta today. We're gonna be in Greensboro on Thursday, Atlanta shows on Saturday, and then Charlotte on Sunday. I'll be in Atlanta all week. I actually had a long conversation with Cynthia yesterday. We talked for like over an hour. We get to catch up. I'm so glad we got to talk about a bunch of things like shout out to you, Cynthia, I love you. That was fantastic. And she's like, I've be seeing with y'all. She's like, you're built for that. I love what you're saying. She likes the commentary and all of that. So yeah, it's busy with that. Also, I really have to say on this Wednesday on my podcast with Erica cop we just got a huge booking. You know, I'm a political nerd, but we have the Minority Speaker of the House, Hakeem Jeffreys, joining us all of it. Yes, we're talking about messaging of the Democratic Party, the things that Trump is doing, and just a lot of things that. I am so excited to please tune in this Wednesday Live on I'm accidentally informed with myself and Erica Cop it's gonna be a big shot for us.
Speaker 2: So yes, I love that. And dust is also on tour, so Dustin, you have many.
Speaker 3: Dates a dude.
Speaker 5: Man, God is good and he told me you can talk to shit, so I get to go. You know what I'm saying. I'm very excited. Tickets are available now. Go to Dustin rosslive dot com and you can have access to tickets to all the shows. We're kicking things off May twenty fourth in Pittsburgh. May thirty first, we'll be in Seattle and then there's a litany of other cities listed as well, So please.
Speaker 3: Come out and laugh. We're gonna have a good time. And I can't wait to.
Speaker 5: See everybody on the road and shout out to everybody who's already purchased tickets.
Speaker 3: I'll get so.
Speaker 5: Many tweets and dms and shit from people who bought tickets and it really warms my heart.
Speaker 3: So thank you, and I'm excited come see me.
Speaker 4: I love seeing good people winning YouTube.
Speaker 3: Thank you my friends, Same to you, same you love you.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, Robert Allen said, tell Dustin how sexy he is to me?
Speaker 2: Team Shami.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Robert Allen, and yes I am Team Shamid.
Speaker 2: That's right, all right, well, thank you, Jasin Banking, Claudia.
Speaker 1: I will see y'all next week.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Rial Tea with the King.
Speaker 1: New episodes drop on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: Wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 1: Visit Reality withthe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and yes, Baby, my YouTube channel where you can get all of my visuals, baby, my expressions, Yes, and don't forget Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using.
Speaker 2: The hashtag reality with the King.
Speaker 1: Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Rain Entertainment, an executive produced by me Carlos King, Kingdom Rain Entertainment, Baby