Speaker 1: Hey, guys, ready or not, twenty twenty four is here, and we here at breaking points, are already thinking of ways we can up our game for this critical election.
Speaker 2: We rely on our premium subs to expand coverage, upgrade the studio ad staff, give you, guys, the best independent.
Speaker 3: Coverage that is possible.
Speaker 2: If you like what we're all about, it just means the absolute world to have your support.
Speaker 3: But enough with that, let's get to the show.
Speaker 2: There's been some movement, I guess in the polls, not really though, at least we're learning a little bit about how people feel about the Trump conviction and how it might impact the election. Let's put this up there on the screen. This is the latest really in depth one from CBS News. You can see there in the national polls, Trump is actually leading Biden at fifty to forty nine, but in the battlegrounds, somehow Biden is leading Trump at fifty to forty nine. This could set us up, Chrystal for a potential nightmare scenario where Biden somehow wins the electoral college but Trump wins the popular vote. Can you imagine the stop the steel will come out of that one, and then the changes of in tune on how people feel about the electoral college. I personally would like enjoy that one. Let's go to the next one, though, for how this actually looks. Trump conviction and it's factor in your vote.
Speaker 3: Important.
Speaker 2: Keep this in mind, this is actual likely voters. Twenty eight percent say major factor, seventeen percent minor factor fifty five percent, not a factor. Now, what are the actual major factors, you may ask, Let's put this up there.
Speaker 3: On the screen.
Speaker 2: Well, eighty one percent, the economy seventy five percent, inflation seventy four percent, quote unquote, state of democracy, then crime, border, gun policy, Trump conviction a wopping twenty eight percent compared to the economy of eighty one percent.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the next part.
Speaker 2: Please, just to show people in terms of the registered voters, keep in mind, registered very very different than likely. And they say, here, how would you describe them in terms of the actual like in terms of the candidates, tough, sixty six percent say Trump is tough, Twenty eight percent say Biden is tough. Energetic, twenty six percent say Biden is energetic, Not sixty one.
Speaker 3: Biden, They've got it.
Speaker 4: Eight.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of old people in this country, they're the ones we're saying it effective eight thirty eight percent Biden is effective, fifty two percent say Trump is effective. Competent, you have forty percent on Biden forty nine percent for Trump compassionate. This is the only category where Biden actually beats Trump, fifty two to thirty seven. I would note though, that that fifty two is a lot lower than it used to be, crystal. It used to be in the high seventies in the past, and it was actually one of his major strengths. You know, the whole cares about people like me. Let's go to the next part. Please, just to continue a little bit. Biden's executive order on migrants crossing the border, seventy percent people say they approve, so obviously that shows you why he did it in terms of the policy. And then finally, let's go to the next one and just show everybody choice for president if higher prices have been your hardship.
Speaker 3: This is a very important one. Amongst likely voters.
Speaker 2: Seventy percent nearly seventy percent sixty nine say for Donald Trump is their choice if higher prices have been hardship. So clearly, people who are feeling the economic squeeze want.
Speaker 3: The change candidate.
Speaker 2: This fixes with this fits with why we see movement younger voters, Black Hispanic voters, particularly young Black Hispanic men, all drifting in the Trump category, mostly because they want change to their major economic conditions. And also it explains the crystal why Biden is doing better in battleground states predominantly wider and predominantly older. It's the older the voter set, the better off Joe Biden is going to because they're going to be a lot more insulated from some of the problems that we have in the economy.
Speaker 1: I mean, overall, Trump still beats Biden with older voters, but when you look at what was the Biden coalition last time and who's sticking with him, older voters who voted for him last time are sticking with Joe Biden. Younger voters who voted for Joe Biden are not sticking with Joe Biden.
Speaker 5: And when you look at.
Speaker 1: Minorities, that's also where you've seen an erosion. So again, most pools still show Joe Biden with an edge among Latino voters. But when you're talking about where has his coalition that barely got across the finish line last time, where has that erosion occurred. It's young voters, it's diverse voters overwhelmingly. I mean, listen, a few things that are interesting here with regards to the Trump conviction.
Speaker 5: One thing that they do note is that of the.
Speaker 1: People who say they're voting for Joe Biden as like a vote against Trump, that sentiment has increased post conviction. So since the Biden team is betting so much on it just being a sort of anti Trump sentiment out there, you know, in that way, the Trump convictions have bolstered their argument a bit, and people are, you know, more viewing the election a bit through that war, through that frame. But it's it's pretty marginal. It's pretty marginal, and the other issue set seem to be more important, you know. Also interesting Zagara on the immigration thing, I think you and I both predicted, Yeah, you have high approval rating for it. But people who say immigration is their number one issue, they're still not voting for Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It's not like they that flipped them over to the Biden camp. So it didn't really gain him anything electorally, even though it was popular.
Speaker 3: Biden is just all in the margins game at this point.
Speaker 2: His best hope is that he can keep a little bit of that suburban coalition win in the battleground states. Remember, he can still lose Georgia and Arizona and he could still win the presidency. I think at this point it's basically gone in terms of Sunbelt, but it's you know, I guess it's theoretically still possible.
Speaker 3: He's got to hold on to Nevada though.
Speaker 2: Nevada is a genuine, actual battleground now at this point, and it's a real problem because those electoral votes really count to his possibility for winning. Trump just did a rally in Las Vegas, I think it was yesterday, in the middle of a heat wave, by the way, spoke for over I think an hour and forty minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, falling out because of the heat. There were a lot of medical issues.
Speaker 5: Be careful out.
Speaker 2: There, yeah, please please be careful. Bring water if you're ever going to attend an event like that. Let's put this up there on the screen, they say, in terms of a systematic review, not just CBS. There's been five national polls now conducted since the Trump conviction basically showing the right race either quote unchanged or moving slightly in the Biden direction. The New York Times Siena poll has recontacted registered voters who've taken part and they found moving it from Trump up three to Trump up by one. I mean, there's no way to really know exactly what it is, but we have not seen some sort of major shock to the system the way that many people may have wanted to see. I mean, he was eminently predictable, given the nature of the charges and more. There was a temporary spike of Google interest in is Trump going to jail, etc. That's mostly just died down by that point, and I guess we're right back to fundamentals. So well, you know, really, I think the nature of the race is basically unchanged.
Speaker 3: I mean, Biden's got to do something.
Speaker 2: We're not that far away from election day and he's still in near coin toss territory.
Speaker 3: Although I would personally give the edge to Trump right now.
Speaker 1: I think the cope slash hope for Democratic Joe Biden supporters at this point is like, maybe Trump will get jail time, Maybe that'll change people's minds, maybe that'll really shift the rais. And first of all, you know, I don't think you I don't know that it's likely that Trump is getting any sort of prison time, certainly before election day, but in any case, these numbers would indicate you shouldn't be betting on that. One other thing that was interesting here is if you are a voter who sees this election as being a choice between Biden and Trump, Trump has a little bit of an edge, and that's the majority of voters, fifty one percent see it as a choice between Biden and Trump, which I think is probably the way to see it. Trump has a little small edge there. If you see it as a judgment about Trump, it's overwhelmingly you're overwhelmingly voting for Joe Biden. If you see it as a judgment about Biden, you're overwhelmingly voting for Trump. So the Biden people are very invested in making this a referendum on Donald Trump, which is funny because he's not technically an incumbent, so that makes their task a little bit more difficult since not in office right now. And obviously for the Trump people, you know, they really want to make it a referendum on Joe Biden, and they're benefiting from the majority of voters who see it as a choice and are feeling like they were better financially under Donald.
Speaker 2: Trump, right exactly, And I think that's really all it comes down to. We don't know for certain exactly how this will all work, but we are watching this. Both sides are acting as if it is a game of margins, hence Trump being in Nevada aggressively courting a lot of these Latino voters. The Trump outreach is tapping rich people, their traditional donors for as much money as possible, and they're blowing it out in terms of ads. On the Biden side, though, let's put this up there, it's funny. They recognize they have a problem with young voters, so they have recruited Hollywood veterans and Biden alums to launch a super pack called Won't Pack Down, with a budget twenty five million dollars, and they have hired Quote Millennial and gen Z writers, directors, and producers to help craft pro Biden content that is specifically engineered to sell the octagenarian candidate to disillusioned and hard to reach voters who are under thirty years old. These movie industry creatives have credits from Saturday Night Live, Oh Boy, Parks and Recreation to big Mouth.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you know what, Big I don't either.
Speaker 2: Have been meeting monthly for the last half year in a rented loft in downtown Los Angeles, and they are pitching thirty to ninety second influencer style reels that could run everywhere to highly produced scripted ads. The group's first ads will appear on social media and streaming platforms, expected to drop in July, so everybody can look forward to that. If you don't pay for those premium versus streaming services, folks, now's the time to sign up, because I do not want to be subjective to that, but.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it could be kind of entertaining for the cringe factor.
Speaker 2: It's like two extra dollars a month, right, and you don't have to watch any of this stuff. So anyway, clearly they know they problem with voters under thirty. You can see very clearly. It's also funny too, if you read further. They're like, their number one mission is to not be cringe. But then they named their organization won't pack down.
Speaker 5: It's like you fail, you failed on the first count.
Speaker 3: You had one job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, listen, they think they have a messaging problem, and the truth is they have a reality problem.
Speaker 5: That's the bottom line. So it's not a mystery.
Speaker 1: What would help ease young people's minds, you know, use your pressure to end the war on Gaza and maybe like actually do something like secure housing affordability for young people and which you know we covered last week. Gen Z says that's a number issue. So maybe actually have a plan that's going to deliver for them economically and stop supporting a genocide and maybe then you might see your poll numbers. Move won't pack down with their influencer style TikTok reels good luck guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Trumpell's also apparently joined TikTok. Let me see. Let's let's see how many followers that he actually has.
Speaker 2: He's got about yeah, six point seven million, So anyway, he's starting to.
Speaker 3: Make head roads.
Speaker 2: I guess he apparently they have a large organization. One of the people who works for him is a guy named Johnny mcintee, who is uh. I guess he would be the head of their personnel office. He's like an enforcer Trump style enforcer who would be the major personnel decider. He's got like one point four million followers on Instagram and he just makes a bunch of like pro conservative reels. So they actually I'm not going to say they're winning per se, but they're competing.
Speaker 3: I guess in the.
Speaker 1: Something about Trump content does well on.
Speaker 2: Tap Apparently it does. Is it pro Trump content or is it like Trump meme content?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: There are so many Trump means out there the whole like, oh, what you're telling me for the first time?
Speaker 3: Or I am the chosen one.
Speaker 2: I mean, he has all these hilarious uh like, he has all these hilarious riffs from the past.
Speaker 3: Would you classify that as pro Trump? Like not really.
Speaker 2: Most of the time it's being used as even Biden. I think I was telling you there's a lot of memes that splice like his old man moments as a meme being like me, whenever I hear about McDonald's deal, it's like Dr Biden creepily.
Speaker 3: Turning to the camera.
Speaker 2: It doesn't have anything to do with them, it's just, you know, he's like the subject or part of the meme.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean in a way it's kind of mocking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, it mus.
Speaker 1: Class Yeah, would you classify that as part? That's true and as Coot comes obviously on the heels of that report, we brought to you before about how they're hiring a quote unquote meme manager over in the Biden camp to also try to deal with their problems with the young voters. I mean, I just I don't think they get it, or they're not willing to get it or whatever.
Speaker 5: Like they they really think, like, oh.
Speaker 1: If we just package it better, if we just do a larger ad spend or whatever, it's.
Speaker 5: Going to turn it around.
Speaker 1: And I don't think that they are correct about that, but I guess we're going to find out.
Speaker 2: This is a really interesting story I was telling Crystal right before the show started. It really could be a precursor of what's to come here. So let's go aead and put this up there on the screen. The right wing parties all across Europe made major victories in the European Parliament elections, specifically for the European Union, the EU representatives now the EU Parliament, it doesn't have a lot of power, but you know, it's usually a symbolic kind of way that we can tell how the national votes are going to go in the eventual presidential elections. So just to read this off, the right wing parties in Germany in France have both won big, big in the overall elections, and France so much so that it has scrambled the overall national race. And this is a really fascinating development that we can put up on the screen please. What you can see in front of you is that the exit polls show that they are on course to win almost a quarter of the seven hundred and twenty seats, the historic first for any of these major right wing parties. A lot of it being swept into favor as a result of inflation. Remember, inflation is a bigger problem in Europe energy prices.
Speaker 3: Don't forget about that.
Speaker 2: The lack of Russian gas decimated the German economy. They've decided to fire up coal instead of build nuclear power plants.
Speaker 3: In France.
Speaker 2: They have all kinds of problems, major debates around immigration. But the major change that has happened really is let's put the next one, please, up on the screen, just so people can see exactly that. Look at the amount of victory for the right wing parties all across France. Now, keep in mind France is a very densely is not densely populated country, as in the vast majority of the population lives in Paris, and so clearly the Social Democrats and others did well in the major populated areas. But you can also see if you just spread it out, how popular the right wing parties are in France and all across the more rural areas, and there's very traditional in terms of French politics. This has led Emmanuel Macron, the president, to call for an early election, which we can put the next part. This is a really interesting move because what he has announced is that he is dissolving the National Assembly calling for national elections.
Speaker 3: This will decide who will run the country.
Speaker 2: This is exactly basically the same move as what Rishie Sunach has done in the UK. Now, the reason why this matters is that the general election was not supposed to happen until twenty to twenty seven according to their timeline of every five years. By calling for this new election, Macrone has a multiple different things that he could be going for And I wonder what you think. Yeah, the first scenario is that lapenn is very.
Speaker 3: Very popular, right wing popular or very popular.
Speaker 2: So what he wants is because they've never governed before and he predicts that it will be a shit show. He's like, well, maybe they will beat me, but then they would only be in power for two years, and then I can make a comeback with like myccentrist Jubiterian legacy and win five years in power. The other option is that every single time it's been Macron versus Lapenn, Macrone has always won all of the disaffected voters, the Socialists and others through the runoff system. And at the same time, the National Assembly has been a mess right now because Macron doesn't have a big enough majority in the Parliament to actually get anything done, so he predicts you know, basically you coalesced all the protest votes against the right wing even though they win a big enough block.
Speaker 3: That's the traditional move, but it's.
Speaker 2: A gutsy call because what are we setting ourselves up for.
Speaker 3: We just had Mody get reelected.
Speaker 2: Yes not you know, in the same level of popularity, but that was a precursor to trump Brexit. That's we're having a general election in the UK two weeks later. Now we're going to have an election in France. That's that could set the tides for a real narrative shift right before our elections.
Speaker 3: That happened in November.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, there's a there's a lot going on here. So in terms of the overall EU results, most of the gains for the far right were in two countries Germany and.
Speaker 3: France, which of you, I mean, the big powers of the.
Speaker 1: Very very significant, no doubt about it. And if you look at the map of Germany, it's also remarkable because the former communist Easter was overwhelmingly when right wing, and I mean there's still is huge economic disparity between the East and the West, and you know that has fomented a lot of upset in East Germany.
Speaker 5: So that's also.
Speaker 1: Very interesting from a Germany perspective. You'll put Taniel's tweet thread back there up on the screen because I'm not going to pretend like I know French politics better than Daniel Nashenian, who is the founder of Bolts magazine and follows.
Speaker 5: French politics very closely.
Speaker 1: So he says number one, obviously this comes after disasterrous election results for Macron.
Speaker 5: Number two.
Speaker 1: France currently has a hung parliament due to weak results by Macron's party in twenty twenty two, so without having control in the National Assembly, Macron really can't do a lot, so he's been really hamstrung let's put the next piece up on the screen. Additional analysis here, he says downside by contrast is if you know he's called these elections as possible, he loses all control. France has a hybrid system. The president is all powerful if his party controls the National Assembly, but if an opposing party controls that, they pretty much run the country. The present becomes a figurehead. He says, what Macron may be betting is who could possibly win a majority instead of him. Election rules make it very hard for La Penz party. It's a two round system in each district. That's what Saga is referring to the bet from MACRONA is basically like, you know, it's one thing when you have all the parties and they do better, they get their you know, thirty percent of the vote. But he's thinking that in a two run system, then everybody else basically coalesces against the hard right and he's able to prevail. Kenna divided left possibly coalesce in your weeks is another question. And by the way, traditional Conservatives got just seven percent today, which is also wild. So I don't know, we'll see, we'll see how it all unfolds. It is interesting you know, this bet makes more sense to me that I need to get somebody from Owen Jones or somebody to explain to me the Rischie Suneck bet, because that one I really don't understand, Like, I don't know what he's betting on. He's so unpopular. It looks like labor is just going to absolutely destroy them. So I don't know, you know, I don't really understand the dynamics here, but this one at least makes some kind of sense to me. The other thing I wanted to mention, because it is relevant to the US domestic political context, is Sager you rightly set up. There's a lot of issues in France right now. They have high inflation, They had a huge farmer protest movement because Macron was trying to take away some of very neoliberal like you know, subsidy reform or whatever.
Speaker 5: Huge backlash from that.
Speaker 1: And then you have the far right parties, which ran very hard on immigration and crime against immigration and crime. Macron had previously tried to pull a political move very similar to what Biden is trying to pull right now on immigration. He passed through an immigration reform bill that was so you know, such a shift to the right that actually Marine Lapenn came out and said, hey, I embraced this. This was an ideological victory for me. Quite a few members of Macron's own party wouldn't support it and wouldn't back it, and you know, it was an attempt to like he could see the writing on the wall. This is a potent issue. The right is killing me on it. Let me try to move to the right. And I'm not going to say that was like the only issue or that that was even determinative, but you can see that it didn't work because the people who are immigration hardliners were still going to vote for the things.
Speaker 2: Spark left pen has been. I mean, this is their thing, this is the number one thing. Also, if you think we have immigration problems.
Speaker 3: Here, go live in France. Like that is a whole other level.
Speaker 2: And I'm not It's funny too, because I could see it from both ways. The French complain and about about it and everything. They're also some of the most racist people in all of Europe. Don't ask me, go ask anybody's not white in France. They are of a very like interesting view I think of what it means to be French. And then at the same time, their French Empire was one in which all of their colonial subjects were considered explicitly French, and thus you know, we're able to move to the country. So not exactly working out for them in that way, and they have all kinds of issues in terms of how they look at who really is this is in etc. The other problem I think is that's overlaying all this is Ukraine is that let's not forget that Germany and France are two of the most hawkish nations today I mean outside of Britain and the United States, but broadly have been part of the very pro NATO position against Ukraine, especially lately and with France. Well, Lepen and the AfD in Germany have a very different view of the conflict. A lot of the stuff that we've been talking about here about how their economies are getting decimated. I mean, especially if you're German, you have paid probably a twenty twenty five percent tax just because of Ukraine. In terms of overall inflation, another thing people don't really know is that here in the United States we have thirty year fixed rate mortgages, so inflation central bank rates don't affect our housing as much. In Europe, it's actually not common at all. You have like five year adjustable rate mortgages, and a lot of people's mortgages have spiked recently because of the Central Bank increasing their interest rates. So in the UK, for example, you have some people who are paying almost double or triple and the same thing is happening in Germany and I believe in France as well, so massive like high inflation, housing costs. The explicit effects of the Ukraine thing are being felt much more deeply, and a lot of it is also a protest vote against Brussels and against the way that they are handling it. You saw the celebration of this result by Victor Orbon last night in Hungary. He's like, this is a direct message to the European Union.
Speaker 3: He's like, you guys need to stop this.
Speaker 2: So I do think this will really fracture regardless of you know, they could stay in power, Schultz and Macron, but the pressures that they're feeling now it's going to constrain of their future ability to move in the directions that they wanted to.
Speaker 1: There's also an increasing divide between the French political leade and German political lead and their orientation with regard to Israel. I was just looking at a where you know, the German public and Germany has been a very staunch supporter of Israel, and like the censorship crackdown in Germany has been insane for anyone who's remotely pro Palestine. The public is not on board with this anymore. They've completely flipped, you know, who they feel more sympathetic towards, and it's been an astonishing reversal over the course of this war. So there's also a divide between how the public feels and how the political class has you know, had unconditional support for the Israel's.
Speaker 5: Assault on Gaza.
Speaker 1: So there's there's a lot brewing here, but there's no doubt that voters, you know, meant this as a rebuke on I think a wide variety of issues, both economic, foreign policy, domestic immigration, et cetera. And listen, sometimes these things are one off. Sometimes they are not really indicative of something that's going on in our political our domestic political affairs. Here you could look at other you could look at you know, AMLO's popularity on the left, and then and Claudia Scheinbaum coming in and you know, his basically who he wanted to succeed him in same party whatever, and that was a sort of vote in favor of continuity, and it was a strong showing for the left, although more of a much more populous left, not the neoliberal macron version. So there are other contradictory signals, but this is a this is an earthquake in France and one definitely that's worth lotging.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean it's one of those where I think it's just because of France and German. The German one in particular may honestly be even bigger shock because, as you said, they have one of the most insane censorship industrial complexes in all of Europe. For example, the head of the AfD, they said like the term everyone for Germany because it was once used by stormtroopers in the Nazierra. They explicitly like outlawed and find him for the ability to which only made it more popular, you know, in East Germany. So their regime that they have there right now is really collapsing because it all was based on cheap Russian gas that was fueling their economy, and now that they're actually contracting the deal that the neoliberals had in the future and the deal that they had with the East Germans and with others for why they should remain in that has been completely imploded. Immigration also on top of that, which has been a major problem for them since twenty fifteen. So it sets themselves up for the eventuality. But regardless, I mean, the real reason we're paying attention is a it's kind of huge geopolitical consequences whoever wins, especially the French election. But then also it could be a precursor when we combine and look at what happened with Mody for here in the United States.
Speaker 3: So it's going to be interesting.
Speaker 2: Europe could look three weeks from now or what is Yeah, three weeks from now, we could have a totally different Europe between the UK and between France and Germany.
Speaker 3: Just stunning.
Speaker 1: Speaking censorship. Let's get to what happened over at the Hill. Put this up on the screen. Brianna Joy Gray her contract terminated at the Hill. She writes, it finally happened. The Hill has fired me. There should be no doubt that at Rising at the Hill has a clear pattern of suppressing speech, particularly when it's critical of the state of Israel. This is why they fired Katie Helper, it was only a matter of time before they fired me. She also shared the emails she received. Now she was not officially employeed, she was a contract under contract there, which was her choice to maintain her own flexibility as my understanding in any way, they say, Dearana Brianna Joy, which they misspelled her name, but anyway, ELT's put that aside. This is thirty days written notice that your consulting services agreement is being terminated pursuant to the provisions of Section five point three for convenience. Thank you for your contributions and we wish you the best in your future endeavors. Sincerely, years next to our Media Incorporated, you guys all know the backstory. We started rising, we were at the Hill. We left for variety reasons that you can go back and watch and took our show and pen and have been extremely happy with that choice. Worth mentioning as well that it's under different ownership than when we were there, so we only have so much insight into, you know, the workings over there at the Hill.
Speaker 5: At this point.
Speaker 1: That being said, it's important what she refers to their saga, which is that Katie Helper had previously starting under when we were there a rising. She'd been a contributor to the show. We had her on every week and that continued for some time after we left. She delivered a monologue prior this is way, prior to October seventh, that was critical of Israel, called it an apartheid state, and her contract was terminated. Not the time, Brianna was faced with a real sort of crisis of conscience, like do I stay at this place.
Speaker 5: I've been told I can say what I want.
Speaker 1: Do I stay at this place or do I say, you know, this crosses an ethical line for me. She delivered a monologue at the time and said, listen, they've said I can say what I want, and we're about to find out. And it took a while, but we did indeed find out. Brianna has been, you know, a fierce critic of Israel, and you know what she and I and many others see as the genocide they're committing against the Palestinians. And there had been a real effort that I'm sure you saw online to sager anything that she said that could be you know, clipped and used to make her look bad. There was a real sort of concerted effort to make her a problem for Next Star, and ultimately they were successful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it all comes down to a clip, and okay, I'll say this about Brianna.
Speaker 3: She also embraced the fight. Let's let's be real.
Speaker 2: She enjoyed, she enjoyed hitting back at him, and they've they've all been toiling now for quite some time. Her critics in particular focused in on this clip where you had a family member of an Israeli hostage, where Brianna and her got into a disagreement during an interview that happened on Rising. Now, I want to be clear, you know, based upon our review of this, they had clipped out the video to show at the end Brianna getting frustrated and kind of rolling her eyes after being prompted about a disagreement that they had. When you watch the full clip, you could see that it was a pretty combative exchange, and it's a little bit more understandable exactly why this disposition was the way it was. So let's watch the full thing together and you can decide for yourself.
Speaker 6: If the world won't help us. We will see nine to eleven a second time in the US as well, but we can already see in the United States in Michigan, rallies. That's calling death to America, not condemning terror organizations in Israel or any other place. Impact is reflecting to your country as well.
Speaker 4: I'm just going to push back against the implication that in Michigan, which has the largest Muslim and air population in America, that there is any threat of terrorism from our own people. And I would like to clarify also that one of the rationale that was presented for nine to eleven was discussed with America's support of Israel's continued occupation of Palestine, so that's.
Speaker 5: Neither here nor there.
Speaker 4: I really do hope that METNYAHUO agrees and Israel agrees to the cease fire deal that could bring all the hostages, including your sister home, and I'm sure many people watching or are praying for her safety.
Speaker 5: Thank you, me too.
Speaker 6: And I really hope that you specifically will believe women when they say that they got hurt.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks for joining that.
Speaker 5: Stick around. More Risan coming up next.
Speaker 1: So I watched the entire interview was like twenty minutes long, and I watched all of it so I could see like, Okay, how was this going and Brianna also spoke to Glenn Greenwalden talked about how, you know, her moment of frustration at the end, there was much more directed towards her producers who booked this interview, and you know, put Brianna in what is really was really kind of an impossible situation because on the one hand, look, this is a sister of a hostage, Like on a human level, obviously you empathize, and Brianna does throughout the interview, and I empathize with what she's going through. On the other hand, you know, she made a lot of claims that just weren't accurate. And so Brianna has left with three choices. One she can sit down at the interview and then people are going to make a lot of that like, oh, you won't even talk to you know, the sister of a hostage, how to tear you. Number Two, she just sits there and lets a lot of misinformation be spread on this platform with you know, with no corrections and no pushback. Or number three, she tries to engage as she does and is accused of being insensitive to you know, a hostage family member.
Speaker 5: And so she.
Speaker 1: Really was put in a totally impossible situation here, which you know ends up with that very last part where there's like a half eye roll when the hostage sister says, you know, I hope you believe women. That comes with this whole I'll get into that as I that as a cold can of worms in and of itself. They clip out just that point to make it look like Brianna was being just outrageously insensitive to someone who you know is clearly going through a very traumatic experience. There was a whole online campaign. I really think they were trying to spin up like an advertiser boycott, and is right after this that Brianna is fired. And the bottom line is that the next Star media group was not comfortable with her views and her critique. I mean, she was hired to be an analyst and to give her opinion, but they didn't like her opinion and so that was a bridge too far for them. Another update from Brie that we can put up on.
Speaker 5: The screen here.
Speaker 1: So apparently there's now a coordinated campaign. Hundreds of she says, hundreds of Zionis have spammed the bad Faith account, apparently thinking it's Patreon trying to get me deplatformed from the app again. A foreign country targeting American journalist with the goal making it impossible to earn an income if you criticize Israel.
Speaker 5: And you can see scrolling on the.
Speaker 1: Screen hundreds of emails sent into the bad Faith account, all with the same headline concerns regarding Brianna Joy Gray's platform on Patreon, Deer Patreon, blah blah blah. So there's clearly some sort of a coordinated effort to now get her taken off of Patreon, and you don't cancel her there as well, and so as she moves and I have no doubt Briona is going to be successful. She's already successful in independent media right but now there's an effort to go after her ability to earn an income in independent media as well. And we can't say that that ultimately won't be successful. I mean, you were saying that Patreon's a big company that are going to be watching out for their.
Speaker 3: Bottom line story.
Speaker 2: The only reason is that Patreon. This is a little bit in the weeds, but stick with me.
Speaker 3: They don't.
Speaker 2: You don't get the same payment ownership of your business in the same way that a supercast which were previously on or the locals that we're currently own. The business relationship between us and our customers is one that Breaking Points owns, whereas the companies that we would use facilitate those transactions. Patreon, I believe, is different in terms of the credit card processing and all that. So if they KKO off, you don't necessarily retain a lot of your customer data. So that's number one, that's something I would be afraid of. But two, here's the real lesson too, in terms of about independent media you know and others. There ain't no producer over here forcing me to do anything I don't.
Speaker 5: Want to do.
Speaker 2: There's no producer getting booked on this or guess on this show. You know, that's forcing me to work in an environment where it's like somebody's setting you up, like you said, to fail and you're just showing up. I mean, that's a very very odd dynamic ultimately too.
Speaker 3: Why a show like that? Again, no offense.
Speaker 2: I have nothing against the people who are there, but when you don't have total one hundred percent ownership and control, then it's like a battle and it's a war between you and the people who are or were are working for. That is a very very toxic dynamic. One which we can attest to a little bit having previously worked over there. So I think structurally it shows a lot of the issues with corporate media and or any media organization where talent is literally just the talent. It also just business advice to the people who are running it. You know, what do you think is going to happen over there? I mean, it took them years to recover their subscribership and views from whenever you and I left over at the Hill. Brianna has been hosting there now for years as well, you know, So I mean, you know, how do you how do you think this is going to work in terms of the trust in your audience, Like, you're not cable, you don't have a built in contract, you know, which keeps your profits locked in regardless of whether Tucker's on your show or not. This is a pure algorithmic audience based business.
Speaker 3: Like that's a very different sensation.
Speaker 2: So anyway, that's where you don't know the market that you're working in my opinion, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well they've cultivated this. I remember they also they fired Kim Iversoner.
Speaker 3: Know, she was fired too, she was fired to forget what does she do it? What was agen? She was?
Speaker 5: She was forced on Apalgy.
Speaker 2: That's another thing, though she was a host on the show, and she's kept off of a freaking interview.
Speaker 1: The thing it's like, you know, because of the way we designed Rising, the audience was very independent, you know, even though it's under a corporate umbrella, it was positioned as like an independent news show. And there's always there's always been tension over that. And obviously, like I said, it's new managements, new ownership, so it is different. But I think that fundamental dynamic I know enough to say is the same. And so at a certain point you're like, you know, I don't think this show makes a lot of money for them overall. If it makes money at all, I.
Speaker 3: Don't get that's business wise. I don't know how the hell they If.
Speaker 1: You hate your own like orientation and audience, then just canceled the like what are we doing here?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: This was always confusing to me as well. But you know, Brianna's firing here, Katie Helper's firing mehdi hasn't I mean, how many people have we seen at this point? In particular in media, Nathan J. Robinson lost his Guardian column. Who have lost their jobs, specifically because they are Israel critics, very consistent, and you know, again Glenn talks about this at nauseum. But I think it's worth pointing out a lot of people made a lot of money pretending they were free speech warriors and always and it's just very obvious now had a giant Israel carunt exception. So Brianna here ultimately, you know, ultimately fired for her point of view. One thing I just wanted to take note of is that probably the most controversial thing that Brianna has talked about is the narrative pushed by the Israeli government and picked up by President Joe Biden and by all mainstream makers. Basically is the narrative of the rape used systematically as a weapon of war on October seventh. And we now have a new report from the Times of London which backs up Brianna, backs up those who have said, listen, maybe, but we need to see evidence, and there hasn't been evidence offered yet. Let's put this up on the screen. They really dug in to what evident there is at this point, and obviously this is as sensitive and as political an issue as there possibly could be. Their headline here Israel says Hamas Weaboni's rape. Does the evidence add up? They talk about the Patent report from the UN, which was not meant to be a full investigation. In fact, she called for there to be a full investigation. Israel has denied that request.
Speaker 5: They right here.
Speaker 1: Patent made it clear there was sufficient evidence of acts of sexual violence to merit full and proper investigation and expressed her shock at the brutality of the violence. The report also confirmed Israeli authorities were unable to provide much of the evidence that political leaders had insisted existed. In all the Hamas video footage Patent's team had watched and all the photographs they had seen, there were no depictions of rape. We hired a leading Israeli dark web researcher, Patented to look for evidence of those images, including footage deleted from public sources.
Speaker 5: None could be found.
Speaker 1: With regard to October seventh, specifically, there hasn't been in this is again confirmed in this Times of London report. There hasn't been a single firsthand eye witness. There has been not one survivor who has come forward. Now, perhaps that's because many people who you know could have been raped on that day they're dead, so they're not there to come forward. But the claim from the Israeli government was directly made to Patent herself that there were hundreds or thousands of instances, and yet they weren't able to provide a single piece of forensic.
Speaker 5: Or visual video evidence.
Speaker 1: You know, at this point you have to say that is quite remarkable, and you know clearly the initial claims are not supported by the evidence. That's the point that Brian has been making very controversial, as a point I've been making very controversial because no one wants to be in the position of picking the atrocities that happen on that day. But to go back to the eye Roll video from Brianna, you know, part of when the sister of the hostage says, I want you to believe women. Part of why there's an exasperation there is because there's a lot that is behind that. And in fact, they interviewed a woman who's the head of a rape crisis center in Israel and she said, I did not think that it was sensible for the Israeli government to go forward with this online hashtag campaign that was hashtag believe Israeli Women. I did not think that was sensible, she says, because they didn't mean believe Israeli women, they meant believe israel. Again, this is the head of an Israeli rape crisis center, someone who takes allegations of sexual assault very seriously, who had a major issue with this because it wasn't ultimately about believing Israeli women. It is about believing israel And so you know, that is the context that when Brianna is tried to, like, you believe Israeli women, Well, there hasn't been an Israeli woman who has come forward to claim that she was a victim of sexual assault on that day. So I thought it was important to mention that as well. That on the you know, I think the day after her firing, she was really vindicated by a mainstream publication that looked into this and said, you know, so far, at least the evidence of rape as a systemic tool weapon of war used by Hamas on October seventh, it just doesn't exist absolutely.
Speaker 2: I mean, in terms of how this is all played out, I think it's ridiculous. I actually think this has been an important event, I hope, at least in terms of how people who can be skeptical of Israel can see how this always I think should apply to a lot of these public adjudications. And I do think it's really gross watching this like woke acceptance of like believe Israeli women. It's like, what, First of all, what does that even mean? And then second, like you said, there's reams of evidence now at this point that at the very least of the claim of like use of war and all that is obviously exaggerated, if not outright completely false, and is being used as part of a campaign to basically justify to be able to kill whoemever you want, because then it turns into some sort of like medieval conflict as opposed to one in the twenty first century. So look, I think Brianna, like I said, Brianna enjoys the fight, and she's strimmed back down. Yeah, she certainly engages in it with a lot of these people, and they are certainly you know, rising to the occasion as well. But I mean, in this particular case, when you watch it in a certain sense here, you got to put just as a host, I can put myself in her shoe if you have a guest on who's goading me?
Speaker 3: You know, at a certain point, I'm just.
Speaker 2: Like, all right, dude, get the fuck out of here, you know, no matter who you are, and I'm going to try my best to be sensitive and all that. But that also is like poor form in terms of how the other person's conducting herself, regardless of how sympathetic she should be the outset from the conversation, and that to relationships should be one of mutual respect, et cetera. And if she's not goating her, then you know there's no reason for her to do the same thing. But then to weaponize your identity, which is basically what happened. People said, oh, look at her, or she's disrespecting the you know, hot sister or whatever. It is really hostage. That's bullshit. When you watch the full thing, it's not right. So no, she shouldn't have been fired, you know, speak up like Robbie, her co host, apparently disagreed with the decision.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen what he but it's true. Yeah, he disagreed with that.
Speaker 1: He die. Man, They get into it, so I can empathize. I get it, Robert staying consistent with his right.
Speaker 2: He's sticking to his guns. But this is it's irreconcilable folks. To anybody who is out there who is working in corporate this is going to happen. It may be Israel, it could be something else.
Speaker 3: You never know.
Speaker 2: So if you're taking a check from somebody with the you know, ten figure bottom line or something like that, this is basically inevitable. Or you work for the man, and you better know that about yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I don't think that it's wrong for people to who are independent minded to work in a mainstream space. You just have to, like, you need to know there's going.
Speaker 5: To be an expiration day. If you remain true to yourself, there's going to be an expiration day.
Speaker 1: So, like, you know, I can see the case for yeah, but I want, for as long as possible my views to be heard in a mainstream cond I understand that, right. I think that's a reasonable rationale. I think it's I actually agree with some of that rationale. But there will come a limit, and this is one of the lines that you are not.
Speaker 5: Allowed to cross.
Speaker 1: The last thing I'll say again is I think Brianna, you know, she's fantastically intelligent and talented, et cetera, already has a large following she's got to be fine and will certainly support her here and whatever her next endeavors look like. But for people who aren't as established as.
Speaker 3: Her, Yeah, that's that's the feeling, and aren't.
Speaker 1: Also don't have the content like Brianna has the type of constitution where.
Speaker 5: She can take these attacks.
Speaker 1: She's been taking these attacks, you know, she she handles them very well.
Speaker 5: She doesn't back down.
Speaker 1: If you don't have that type of constitution too, Like, it does have a chilling effect where people they you know, they don't want to talk about them. But I don't want to talk about the Times of London report. They don't want to talk about getting to the truth of you know, things that happen and didn't happen on October seventh, or sorting through IDF fact from fiction, et cetera. These are very sensitive, difficult topics and they'll look at this as yet another example and cautionary tale of you know what, I'm just going to keep my mouth shut.
Speaker 5: So that's for the chilling up.
Speaker 2: That that is very very true, and that is one where you should worry about people who are like twenty one, twenty two years old going to go take a work in the business and get established. You learn the rules of how to get ahead very quickly. Anybody who works in an office, you guys know what we're talking about. You see somebody get fired for something, you're like, Okay, better not do that. So that's one of that is a lesson, and that has downstream overall effects. That's what Noam Chomsky really talks about in the way that the media is totally rigged.
Speaker 3: So there you go. All right, thank you guys so much for watching. We really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Like we said, we've got a big rhyme story that's coming up later in the day, so stay tuned for that and we'll see you all later