Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Tim King with Paul Sweeney and Bloomberg's John Tucker.
Speaker 3: Another court victory for a big tech This is actually the biggest anti trust case in three decades, So Google, this is the big news. Avoiding a breakup. Andro judge ruled against the government's most onerous proposals that would have included a forced sale of the Chrome browser. This is Judge Ahmedmana singing in his meta is saying, it is ruling that AI models represent a long term threat to the search industry. So you have chatbots and other generative AI technologies, thank you, more advanced, and they are kind of de facto search engines AI.
Speaker 2: They are I'm living it. But if AI didn't exist, Paul, would it have been a different ruling.
Speaker 4: I think it might have been because this is pretty moderate. I think in the markets reacting as strong.
Speaker 2: Are you using Google search less? I'm clicking less.
Speaker 4: I'm not looking at you, John, because I know you never look at it, I am clicking on fewer links. Yes, yes, anyway, big setback for the government, the bid to curb the power of the biggest US tech companies.
Speaker 3: It's interesting, Jen Ree compare and contrast this administration with previous administrations. There is no let up, as she points out, in anti trust activities by this administration, you wo had thought it was going to be regulation light. Google will still be allowed to pay its partners. So this represents pretty much a keywin for Apple, which has received about twenty billion dollars a year from making Google Search the default on their iPhones. Moving right along, customers still spending despite concerns about inflation and tires, and we're seeing that in the results posted this morning by Macy's, the second quarter earnings topping the street expectations. So Macy's also raising the full year earnings and sales guidance. They are setting strength across the company. H They now expect net sales of as much as twenty one point four or five billion dollars for this fiscal year, so that's up slightly from the previous guidance. Macy's owns Bloomingdale's across the street there and Bloo Mercury. The company also highlighted strong performance from Bloomy's Blue Mercury and the one hundred and twenty five stores that Macy's has targeted for upgrades.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, they're they're they're like really working at it.
Speaker 3: They're trying, they're trying.
Speaker 2: What's your take on this? I mean to me, I mean, Amazon just becomes more, ever more, ever more, ever more dominant.
Speaker 3: Well that's true, A mean for the rest of them.
Speaker 4: I know, but the rekillers have op to this omni channel thing where they do you think online, you come in, you order it online, you come in, you pick it up.
Speaker 2: It is working.
Speaker 3: I think every time I think of Macy's, I think of Howard Dvidowitz. Remember Macy's dead. Do what I missed that memory?
Speaker 2: Folks with John Tucky. You got one more. It's a coffee.
Speaker 3: Starbucks launching protein boosted lates and cold foam in the US and Canada. This is going to be September twenty ninth, part of the menu Modern. I don't know what the hell this is cold foam anyway, it's.
Speaker 4: Protein lattes cold foam in menu Push.
Speaker 3: You'll recall. Back in early June they started to trial featuring a sugar free vanilla latte top with a protein banana cold foam. The company says it's looking to make its menu relevant, modern and premium. The new protein drinks will have at least fifteen grams of protein that will come from a powder. They want to make a name for themselves in the health and wellness category, customers apparently looking to lower the sugar intake and get more out of their beverages than just the fifty. It doesn't say how much this is going to cost, though, I could just.
Speaker 2: Imagine we you know, that's a different report, don't we get from Lisa? Yeah, I mean Lisa would not have.
Speaker 4: Done She would not have done the Starbucks.
Speaker 2: I'm bold, you know, innovative.
Speaker 1: This stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.