Speaker 1: We have a lot of fun tonight, as y'all know the commands of the pockets, and I can do a lot of different things with Washington Legends. We have a bake off, so if you haven't done it yet, make sure you get those brownies in the corner over there and place your votes in because it's a big deal.
Speaker 2: The bakeoff is very serious.
Speaker 1: Beau's very contentious in the office when it comes to bake goods, and of course gold shirts. I see a couple of them. Make sure y'all get y'll free gold shirts over there, and let's get rocky. Y'a don't want to hear me talk. Y'all want the guys to come and see what we gonna do. Because these gentlemen right here, like I said to Washington Legends, they're used to stadiums full of noise and crowd reaction and laughter and cheers. So I need y'all to get really loud when I intro each guy so they feel like they're back in this stadium.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So first up, first up, out of Mississippi State defensive back, NFL veteran left Washington and came back, and it's never left because he loves the DMV so much. You might see him on the Get Loud podcasts with Mike Jenks. You might see him on our flagship so command Center. Make sure you and like on commands YouTube page. And you might have seen him at your local Wegmans shopping for baked goods.
Speaker 3: No other than my brother, fredh. Smooth.
Speaker 1: Get loud for Fred, Baby, Get lowed for Fred Smooth.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, Yes, sir. What's up baby? How was that?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 3: Listen, I'm showing love. I'm showing love.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, go ahead, Fred, take a sit down, my brother. And next up we got Fred's best friend, my man. Came to Washington undrafted and learned everything he had, even broke his nose for this beautiful city several times. A legend in our hearts. You might have heard him on Take It to the Draft. You might have heard him on the Commands of the podcast as the host. You might have seen him on Command Center, the legend straight out of Cali. U see LA's finest logan Paulson. Yeah you look good, brother, you look good.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: And last but not least, the last of the trio, y'all all know him a legend, one of the.
Speaker 3: Best to ever do it.
Speaker 1: Not just the best ever do it in Washington, but the best ever do it in the league. This brother changed the way the game is played and the way that undersized receivers are viewed in this league. Sixty nine total touchdowns. This brother got right here and the chain gleaming. Right now, let me introduce straight out of Miami, my brother said, Tana Moss, you know we gotta do it right for y'all and command this family without further ado. Again, this is the first ever live Command Center podcast.
Speaker 5: Y'all enjoy.
Speaker 6: Welcome in the commands of the podcast. Thanks for that great introduction, Brian. That's pretty awesome. And I understand that YouTube gentlemen recognized producer Jason. Is that right? That's I mean, that's the one and only right there. Jason tel pretty good about that.
Speaker 2: I'm not feeling Jason right. Why not technicalities?
Speaker 7: I made a strawberry brownie and he said it's not a brownie. Yeah, it's because you haven't ate there before. They don't mean it's not a brownie. I could have made red Velby brownies. I could have made anything. They come in different t.
Speaker 6: I mean, also, just you give Zach so much crap for doing above and beyond on these bake offs, and then you were the one up guy.
Speaker 7: I just say it. It's a different type bron. They didn't say what type of brownie. They just said a brownie.
Speaker 4: So okay, no, but you understood that, like trying to make it a little fair. Yeah, I can't bring that much.
Speaker 6: Emmo.
Speaker 7: Well, I knew he was gonna bring it to the people, so I want to make sure I gave the people something they had taste.
Speaker 6: So did you buy it from Wegmans or what?
Speaker 7: No, I didn't buy it from but they need to be my bus away.
Speaker 6: All right. So we got a pretty fun show today, guys. We're talking about dynasties. Yeah, and specifically the Washington dynasties, and then what pieces here in Washington that have been established they kind of resemble that, or how we feel about the off season so far. Yeah, okay, So let's talk about the early stuff, right, So, like, what does a football dynasty look like? And obviously there's a couple of examples of that here in Washington, but you can kind of pull from murbround the league. Let's start with Yeah, Tanna.
Speaker 4: I started off, I think the obvious you know, those teams that has consistently won.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: You know I remember growing up. You know, I'm a big forty nine er fan. Yeah, so we had a dynasty back in those days. We actually had two quarterbacks that was a part of that. Uh, the first quarterback, Joe Montana, and then when he left, Steve Young got the you know the tail end of that.
Speaker 6: You know that work.
Speaker 2: Before I was even thinking about football.
Speaker 4: He think about the Pittsburgh Steelers and when they had I think that was like round the seventies. Yeah, you know what I mean, that was that was way before my time. I was born in seventies nine, so.
Speaker 2: I probably got they probably want they went to.
Speaker 6: Their last Yeah, both of us. I just looked like this, man, I mean, god on, how do I look like the oldest one here?
Speaker 4: And then you think about the Cowboys those years when they had their you know, that dynasty with the triplets and everything like that. So I just think the obvious question would be, I mean, the obvious answer would be just those teams that consistently are in contentions winning playoff games.
Speaker 2: I think the two teams that.
Speaker 4: We can think of now in this era would be the Patriots from from two thousand and one to twenty eighteen. And then you think about last but not least, it's the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's the dynasty type of When you talk about dynasty, I hear hear like a lot about like quarterbacks in those groups. Right. You mentioned the forty nine ers, obviously the Cowboys. Then the two dynasties now have a great quarterback. Yeah, Fred, you got anything?
Speaker 2: Well, when I think about dynasty, I got a chance.
Speaker 7: To sit down with Monk and Gary Clark, the whole posse, Ricky Sanders, and we was all sitting there dropping name too.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you who told me this information. I'm sitting there about a day so y'all don't hate.
Speaker 7: And I'm sitting there and I ask because we don't like we was a team. We played the game, but we didn't win at the amount that they did. So I asked the man. I was like, what made y'all different than the teams y'all played? And the first thing they all said to me, well, man, we was a football family and we got a chance to mature together.
Speaker 2: We got chances to grow together.
Speaker 7: The way we met ain't the way we left, and I think longevity it takes to have a dynasty, Like these players got to.
Speaker 2: Go through the good, the bad, the ugly.
Speaker 7: We're watching the Boston Celtics go win the championship right now because they lost two years ago, they lost the year before. Like you got to go through the ups and downs, and I think that's what most teams don't get a chance to do.
Speaker 2: You can only do that if you have a long stay at quarterback.
Speaker 7: That kind of secures everybody else's job and get in them chance to mature. But I think football families winning championship and football players go to Pro Bowl.
Speaker 4: Not to add to the question, but I will ask you this question. You're not considered the dynasty.
Speaker 2: Unless you win.
Speaker 6: You can't.
Speaker 4: You can't can't win a lot of games in the you know, doing the regular season and don't winning in the postseason.
Speaker 6: Right, So I guess.
Speaker 4: So you go back to the Buffalo Bills. They went there four times in a row.
Speaker 7: I still consider them a dynasty in their own right. I cannot take that away from Jockey Daga.
Speaker 2: I can't. I can't take that away from Bruce Smill.
Speaker 4: I was just wondering because like you just mentioned, you know, the Celtics and.
Speaker 2: Their little run these last what four or five years.
Speaker 7: They kept going back and forth though, and they never got over the mountaintop. But you gotta lose to get over the mountain top, and we need time to lose together.
Speaker 2: And I think that's what we're seeing right now since we're.
Speaker 7: Staring from like from the bottom floor, and we understand that, right, we finally got a quarterback, we got the right owner ship, we got the we got the right head coach, we got everything. So now it begins. Now you have to start the story. This is chapter one.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, I think that's interesting because Tanner brings up the dynasties with the quarterbacks. You mentioned quarterback as well, But I think when you look at Washington's dynasty specifically, you know, like you know, nineteen eighty two, nineteen eighty seven, nineteen ninety one, yeah, nineteen eighty one, they all have different quarterbacks, and so I think there's another element to constructing a dynasty, and that's good roster construction. That's kind of the things you talked about. You talked about football family. I'm gonna elaborate on that a little bit. It's like football family and like that word culture gets thrown around a lot, but like an identity, right, who are we what kind of players are we bringing in? And I think that that's something completely different. And can that model work in today's NFL? Do you think, Fred?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I can because I'm watching it at Kansas City right now.
Speaker 6: But they got the quarterback though, that's the hardest.
Speaker 2: Part about it.
Speaker 7: But but here you could say we didn't have we had three different quarterbacks. But also how that happened was kind of different because think about Doug. Doug came because a quarterback got hurt, like we needed somebody to fill in a gap. Then you think about Joe Thaisman. Joe thaisman career doesn't end unless Lone Taylor hits him only a thirty five yard line. Like these to say cemented themselves and Mark Riffin like come on, like the most of your starting here.
Speaker 4: I think the one thing that stands out about the difference because I'm pretty sure we're gonna talk about the significance of our dynasties and I don't want to get a little too head, you know, too far ahead of the head, you know, for so check it.
Speaker 6: We on it.
Speaker 4: The difference about the dynasty that we had here in Washington. The one I guess you can say catalysts was dogs. The offensive line, yes, you know, beyond the quarterback. It was the Hogs because you actually went out there and won. There was the Hogs and Joe Gibbs. You already talked about those guys who have a name Joe Joe. I mean that's the foundation. I think the coaches. First, you gotta have the foundation. You gotta have that, you know in place when you have teams that have too many revolving doors.
Speaker 2: When it comes to.
Speaker 4: That position, that's the that's the top position, that quarter I mean that that head coach.
Speaker 2: If you don't have.
Speaker 4: The ownership, then the you know, the management part of it when it comes to the to the guys who have to hire all those guys in place, you can't find that. You can't have that head coach. So the head coach is vital to that also. But you know when you talk about those talk about those Washington years, it was the halls that stood out.
Speaker 2: Well, you did say something that just stood out.
Speaker 7: The main stays who was there through at three and there was do Joseph coach Gields.
Speaker 2: Do Joseph it was great offensive lineman, like they were the main stak.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I think the other thing is, like you know, we talk about, like, you know, the hiring of Adam Peterson, Why that's so important. I look at these teams. You know, they got Bobby Bethard, they got Charlie Castley, right, two of the best kind of front office executives of that era. They're in the Hall of Fame, both of them, and rightfully so, because they did a good job of identifying talent, getting that talent in there and building the backbone of the team, you know, whether it's to the offensive line or identifying Fragan acquisitions. And that to me is the thing that you talked about the coach. Obviously that's an incredibly important hire. But who's buying the groceries? You always talk about that, Fred right, And I think like that looking at it now, looking at the Washington in twenty twenty four, like the addition of Adam Peters is the guy that I get really juiced about because that's the guy that's going to establish the culture. So when you out to practice, when we watch those things, like you can see a common thread through all the players, much like these teams you know that were in Super Bowls. Pack.
Speaker 7: So what you're saying right now is what we all know about pretty much life. It takes everybody to be on point. It takes the front off as it takes a hit.
Speaker 6: It's a team though, you know, like you and you said this already, it's a team, right. So like you can have a great individual coach, you can have a great individual evaluator, but if they don't work well together, yeah, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 7: Right, And it doesn't matter in these synergy. Without synergy, you have none foundation.
Speaker 6: So I think that that's the thing when I look at this relationship, I say, you know, do you have the right guy? Do you have your Joe Gibbs of twenty twenty four and Dan Quinn? And when you go to practice, like the energy, the motivation.
Speaker 7: I feel say, it feels like and we're talking about a coach that's been there, Like we're talking about a coach took a team to the Super Bowl with Matt Ryan Julio Jones.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's been there. He hasn't got over to hump.
Speaker 7: And I'm so happy he ain't got over the hump because you can check in his stats. No, coach has won a super Bowl in one place and we won another one in another one, So that tells me a lot. So I'm happy he failed in Atlanta, but also I'm happy he get a chance to learn from what made him fall short of getting to what he wants. And what I'm saying for him is he won't come anuity. He wants people to be able to be inter changeable, and this is his coaches staff, this is his players, and he understand if I'm successful this time, I'm going to lose coaches, and I need to be ready to lose coaches.
Speaker 2: So he got guys behind the guys.
Speaker 6: I think this.
Speaker 2: Setting yourself up for success.
Speaker 4: And then when you think about it also, I mean we talked about his stint in Atlanta as being a head coach and having an opportunity and losing, But just let's talk about how significant he has been to the Cowboys for the last few years. Yeah, I mean, we played this team, you know, every year, and we I'm not sure if you remember me saying this, but I used to say all the time, if this team has the defense, they're a different team. They always I mean, I mean, we always hear about you know, Romo, because Romo was to me better than people.
Speaker 2: I guess you can say gave him credit to be at your quarterback. He will.
Speaker 4: I liked Roma a lot, and I've always said they was short of a defense, and so you see him come in and implement his style to play defensively, and how much better they was.
Speaker 2: It was just about them getting over the hunt with that offense.
Speaker 4: And to me, I think you could still say that, Hey, even though a lot of us like that, which I'm a big Dak fan, I still feel like it's something that's missing there on the offensive side that didn't allow them to get over the hunt. But defensively, he brought that franchise back to those I guess you can say those those days where they was talking about possibly being championship contender.
Speaker 2: So when you see all that and you see his I guess you.
Speaker 4: Can say his resume up to this point that leads all us to believe that as long as he had the chance to come in here and implement that style to play and do what we've been seeing him so far this spring, we have a chance to be one of those teams.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Really, gladly you brought that up. Tanner because I think one of the things about you know, the nineteen ninety one team for example, because they had a great point differential. Obviously the offense is really good, but they were playing great defense, and people like I think they failed to understand or they often overlooked, like their role of defense in quarterback development, you know what I'm saying, Fred, and like how you can as a defense support a young quarterback and why that's so important in terms of what Tennis talking about for Jaden here.
Speaker 7: Well here the think about it is also that team was voted the number one team.
Speaker 6: Of all definitely top five. Yeah, yeah, no, they was voted. I mean it depends on the list you're looking at. But yeah, they were tremendous.
Speaker 2: So they mean there was a complete team.
Speaker 7: They played off each other, and what a quarterback couldn't do, the wide receiver would do, and when wi receiver couldn't do, the running back would do. They had versatility. They had depth. That's what nobody ever talks about. Everybody like talking about frontline stars. But they was three deep in every position and not just three deep with average players, with people ready to rise to their case.
Speaker 4: I was reading a stat and it's probably a couple of weeks ago, just we always talking about those old days, you know, with our franchise, and I.
Speaker 2: Don't know what got me on it. I think I was.
Speaker 4: On one of those AI them apps or whatever, and I put in you know, the history of our you know franchise and one of the championship years, we talked so much about the guy who Jersey they just retired.
Speaker 2: He had two picks that year.
Speaker 4: It was a guy had not it was a guy it was a guy had. So when you have a guy like you know, dal Green, who's considered to be one of the best at that position, so only half two but still was all pro, that's what we're talking about. You had a defense, You had a team. You didn't have just one guy here, one guy there. They had a team of guys. And that's why that defense was considered one of the stingiest defense alive.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I also think like in terms of the defense, like obviously very very dynamic, but offensively they were also very dynamic. Right. They had you know Mark Rippin, who who had the highest yards per completion of any quarterback in the NFL that year. So explosive offense. Right, they had a thousand yard rusher that had Art Monk, that had Gary Clark, both over a thousand yards. Yeah, And I look at him and I say to myself, like, is cliff Yeah, similar to that? Can he bring kind of that? You know, that dynamic offense development, because I think like when you look at it, there's a good defense. The offense was innovative and dynamic in terms of it was kind of that first kind of down the field passke attack. Have you you've been out to practice? Have you seen that from Clifford?
Speaker 4: All?
Speaker 7: Well, you got realized when it comes to coach Gibbs, he learned in San Diego under air carrier, I mean Eric Courriel.
Speaker 2: So therefore there was a push it down the field offense.
Speaker 7: And now that that offense, the air Courriel has developed into the air raid. All right, this is we're looking at it for sure, the second stage of that. And when we get Cliff Kingsbury, we got somebody this pretty much at that. I can be a head coach, I can be offense coordinator. I have the knowledge to do both. Also, I think he's one of those people he's gonna unlock simple talents. He's gonna take the first two best talents I think a wire receiver got a running.
Speaker 2: Back on a tight end.
Speaker 6: Gup, do you mean simple time?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 7: Like some people draft players and want them to be universally good at everything. When every player ain't universally good at everything.
Speaker 2: You can have a guy to.
Speaker 7: Hear this, a wide receiver that runs a four to two forty, but he's not good at running enemy read of rats. He's not good at going across the middle. And then I'm gonna ask him to do that over and over and over again. And no, I'm not gonna force development. I'm gonna do what you do well until I get you to the development point.
Speaker 4: Speaking of what some of the things that you're mentioning, it's something it sounds like what Terry just was talking about a couple of days ago about now you know, in certain offenses, he's one or the other.
Speaker 2: I'm either asking I'm either zye.
Speaker 4: With this offense, you're gonna have chances of where he lined up on the field that he could be x Z or the guys playing a slot. So that's gonna now put guys in your position on defense, you gotta come out. You gotta know who he is raise lining up at because of that offense and because of how they could be interchangeable within the offense.
Speaker 2: And then you think about it.
Speaker 4: That's why those guys were so successful offensively in Arizona. You know, Kyla had one of those amazing, you know, rookie seasons in Arizona, but it just wasn't the defense that couldn't stand up. So's it raised all our eyebrids just wondering now that he has not so much to really you know, control.
Speaker 2: For whole team.
Speaker 4: He don't have to worry about being a head coach. I'm worried about just this offense being elite. Could we see him really take this offense and take this team to where we're trying to be.
Speaker 6: Well, if Thursday's practice was an indication man that they were pretty sharp. Man look pretty good on Thursday. Anyway. The other thing I want to say is like Dan Quinn, you know, he's the head guy. That's something he embodies, like something he's all about. Right, He's kind of saying, like, what is your superpower as a player and how can we maximize that? And I think he went out and hired a staff. You know, we talked about ownership being good, Jim being good, and then kind of having a synergy throughout the organization. Like I think that that identifying that as something you want to be matriculates down to your offensive and defensive coaches.
Speaker 2: No, this team identity, this franchise identity.
Speaker 7: Like if you look at them, like if you watch the draft special and the stuff that came out on Commander's log.
Speaker 2: If y'all haven't seen anything, y'all go check that out.
Speaker 6: Great promo, great promo.
Speaker 7: This should really emmy, But it gives you an inside view of all right, we are all being held accountable and doing our job, but we kind of doing this all together the like I need your input to be the best me. And when you got that type of stuff going on in the build, I mean one track, one mind, one playing, one execution that gets you to where you want to be here. Usually we've seeing a lot of infighting. I want to do it this way. Nah, we should do it this way. Now they all understand what why and win And.
Speaker 4: I think this big yeah, And I think also too, And I'm not I'm not sure. We played the game and we might we might be a little biased. But if you look at what they're doing in Detroit with all those X players as coaches.
Speaker 2: Now, now look with what we.
Speaker 4: Have, like thirteen of these guys on this staff as ex players.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that carries a lot of weight.
Speaker 4: Man. I mean, honestly, I'm not the one to sit here and say that I need a guy that played the game, but I sometimes you do cause I had those I had those intimate conversations with coaches like I need you to run this route this way.
Speaker 2: I'm like, have you ever rent that route against that coverage?
Speaker 4: Have you ever been in a situation in the middle of the game and had to adjust because of that?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: So I think that cares a lot of weight, and that shows you know where this game could be going when you have that kind.
Speaker 6: Of a style.
Speaker 7: That just like, if I'm going to get parenting advice from somebody, I'm not asking somebody with no kids. I'm asking somebody that got kids that didn't been through it. Like, I want to know how should I maneuver?
Speaker 2: How should I do this? I need somebody that been through the fire.
Speaker 7: So now, if you if you're around people that have been there, you trust what they say, like you trust what your grandparents say because you know they've been there, done that.
Speaker 6: Have you ever had a former player as a coach.
Speaker 4: You had Ike Ones, That's probably the only Probably was the only guy.
Speaker 2: Had no Ike and I had Keenan McCarthy.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, how was that?
Speaker 2: So it was fun for both of them.
Speaker 6: Ike was very one of those played in the same era.
Speaker 4: So me and Keenan played together two years prior to him being my coach?
Speaker 6: Was it taking? It wasn't fun to talk about it. Let's hear it. I'm becoming I love Keenan. He's my guy.
Speaker 4: I mean, I told you I grew up in Florida, so I watched him play with Mark Ronell. Him and Jimmy Smith put up numbers down there in Jacksonville. We get in the game, we're playing. I broke my hand that year. I come back probably nowhere near who I was the first four or five game before I broke my hand, and they had Edleman sticking me at corner. We're playing the Patriots, and I'm sitting here like, bro, dude is holding me every round. And you got to remind you, now, I'm probably like five or ten pounds overweight that year, and I'm.
Speaker 6: Like, bro, you beat the fucking I feel like every year you're talking about.
Speaker 4: So, Keenan, No, those years, those last year's, yeah, those two of those three of those last years, I was I was going I was going through it mentally, but honestly, and I won't even share what you why, but Keenan telling me ten, I want you to run this route this way. Keeny, you played this game. You can't do it when he's doing that. So all right, if I messed this up, and sure it's not mine, excuse me, my friends.
Speaker 2: Are gonna take care of that.
Speaker 6: This is a live oft.
Speaker 5: They can't hear it.
Speaker 6: They can hear this. They have, you know, the curse words.
Speaker 2: So I go on the game, I say, damn.
Speaker 4: Other than been holding me, I have this sprint right option play off for about two or three times.
Speaker 2: I say, you know what, I'm not finish ship there and shucking and jive with this dude.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna run through them, run through his face and if he can deal with he deal with tell me about it. I run through his face as I do it. I'm smart, bro, I don't want to do anything with my hands. I'm you know, as a receiver. I was one of those guys I'd rather drop the ball than try to do something with my hands to you and take what I'm doing bingo exactly. So I run through them and it just it cost me to kind of like take a step back and my hands go wide.
Speaker 2: Turn around ball, touchdown.
Speaker 6: We win the game.
Speaker 4: They said I pushed off. So before I get to decide, line, Keenan got his clip boy. He wanted to throw it up and I chewed him out and out we boys.
Speaker 6: I was like, you can't say I can't say that on this.
Speaker 4: You actually can literally, but but but longc my friend.
Speaker 2: Long long story short.
Speaker 4: Man, we at a bar. They better they better be able to take this French. But long story short. Leading to the off season, I get a call from somebody and they like.
Speaker 2: How are you? It cal like we're good.
Speaker 4: It's like, man, I think you need to get a call a call man because they don't they don't know who you are. They say, man, tanna so cool until eight and I was like, well, damn, I need to give him a call. And I gave a Cal a call. He was like, bro, I really appreciate this call. And when I got out their phone, I was like, damn, I may have just saved my job. They was questioning, can we this dude, because every time when he blows up, he blows up, and not just on the situation, because it's probably because they saw me react that way with him and they felt like with them, if he can't.
Speaker 2: Hold him, what do we have?
Speaker 6: You know what I mean? You know, I think that's tough as a former player because you got to come out of it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I think that's anxiety, Like the former players that become coaches hell anxiety because for the first time in their life, they see things, the feels slow, and they want you to do exactly what they say because they've been there and they've done that. So when you don't do it, you take the control away from them, like they've been controlling their destiny they whole life.
Speaker 6: But I also think it's like that's your guy, and I can't coach if you're my friend and like I'm trying to get you do something. I'm gonna treat you.
Speaker 2: Like a friend.
Speaker 4: I couldn't like a confident say as brothers as friends if I can't talk to you that way, and then tomorrow we forget about it and then come back to then like we have no relationship. We have no kind of you know, continuity when it comes to what we have or what we're trying to have with Jery Gray.
Speaker 7: Jered Gray was ex cornerback in this league for a long time, and we had a He had a relationship with us because, like he said, y'all keep me hiat, we keep the coach higat, but we can also get He played corner and Taylor tell you, we'll be in the game talking the whole time he's talking, and we'll be on his sideline, Like if I'm the con on on our sideline, I'll be like I'm trying to tone him out because he'll be like, he's.
Speaker 2: Thirty seven for sit right there. They finna run a dig right, don't you? Don't you move? You trust what I say?
Speaker 7: And I'm like, I gotta, I gotta, i gotta block him out. And then they come and they run a comeback and then I'm trying to jump a dig round.
Speaker 2: He like, I told you you should have played the comeback.
Speaker 3: You lied to me, he sent.
Speaker 2: He sent me up to face.
Speaker 4: Now, Jerry used to get on my nervous. I'll be saying right next to him, I'm like, cannot be a players and he talking to me like that. You know, in a minute, it happens, especially in the heat of battle.
Speaker 6: Man, I don't know if I ever was coached by a player, always coached by like old dude. I had Sean who plays, you had Sean college like that. But yeah, those guys are really smart. So let's get back to this. So in addition to all of these people that have been hired, right, another big addition is the new owner, Josh Harris, Right, And you need a guy at the top who's willing to kind of take care of everybody, like kind of say this is the standard. These are people that are going to implement the standard. And we've already seen kind of some of these changes around the building already talk about how important that guy is for supporting the rest of that tree, going down to the players.
Speaker 2: It's simple. We all human being in here, right, everybody human being? What you like. I don't think I didn't said this before.
Speaker 7: I don't think it's a such thing as bad kids, but I know it's bad parents, right, And if you got bad parents, you're gonna probably have bad kids. So it starts with the matriarchs. And this is where we done. That's pretty good my dad. They'll preaching right now. The thing about it is when it started from the top, everybody kind of takes that that feel and that role of that of that person with the road he's taking over this. This ownership is not only I'm finna come in here and change the way you feel about this. I'm gonna change the way we do everything and how we do everything and how we approach everything. We're gonna be very tedious and meticulous. We're gonna we're gonna do it like a family. And I think that's different. And now it's starting to bleed into everything. So I think ownership is everything because the fans, they're not just coming for the players if they don't want to support an owner. We have seen that y'all would not support owner if y'all don't want to.
Speaker 2: So I think it's about the whole picture. And I think this was changing right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, because honestly, man, I'm watching this show, you know, and we're big on watching shows.
Speaker 2: I'm watching that Clippers, Oh my god, and and and the.
Speaker 4: Clipper show shows you you know, and who knows. It could be a little fiction somewhere near it, but it but it talks about just the ownership and how it kind of trinkles down into everything that you do. If you don't have a guide place that's gonna lead us put us in position, you know when it comes to doing this thing things up top and in the office. Now, how high you just picked us to win on the court, and then now we're talking about the football fields the same way. You know, we we talked a lot about our ownership, and as players, we had nothing bad to say about you know, Dan, I love Dan to this day. I can't say anything bad about it.
Speaker 2: I've never been in the part of the other side.
Speaker 4: So when I look at what the Harris Company has been doing, Harris and his group, you could just see a group of guys that have been owners of the places, basketball, hockey.
Speaker 6: You know, this got this ain't no, this ain't no. You know.
Speaker 4: I guess you could say his first rodeo and you can see it. I remember when I first heard that report about us having a f and how how we do things in the building that we found a found a love for so many years.
Speaker 2: You saw it.
Speaker 4: It's being changes immediately, you know, same way in the stadium. It's but so much you can do in our stadium and have it ready for our season.
Speaker 2: So but just to see these.
Speaker 4: Guys not on point and they spending the money investing in them back into their business so they can be one of those franchises and one of those teams that we all love from the top to the bottom.
Speaker 2: So I think that stands for something.
Speaker 4: And now it's all just us going out there and taking advantage of these opportunities that they've given this organization now the players and everybody, to go out there and play some good football.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think for me, it's just watching the reinvestment, you know what I mean, the ability to say, hey, we we're gonna redo the facility, We're redoing the practice fields. I'm supporting what Adam Peters feels he needs. We're getting new TVs for the coaches, new computer system, new film system. It's all new, and I'm not and I'm not afraid to write that check for you because I know this is important. I know this is the kind of support you need from me. And I think that's something that's really exciting. And that was always a criticism of Dan was that he wouldn't He would write checks for players contracts, but not write checks for infrastructure around the building, and that's the first thing that they started doing, right, complete renovation. So I think it's cool to see, you know, Josh Harris supporting Adam Peters, Adam Peter Peters, support dan Quinn, dan Quinn's staff supporting the players. And so let's talk about the players a little bit right now. Right, we got all of these guys returning, We got Terry, we got obviously John Deran b Rob all these guys, Like, how do they Sam Cosby, that's a great boyfriend. How do they all fit into this culture? And what is the expectation for them coming to this year?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, you know, I'm I'm not sure how many times you've been a part of something new, you know, being a being a red skin, because that's what we were.
Speaker 2: Yeah, We've I've had that at that door open a few times. It's been new.
Speaker 4: I think I had four court I had four head coaches while I was there, in those ten years. I think I had I had coach Gibbs, uh Zorn, Shanahan and then and then lasting not least I had.
Speaker 2: But we stomped.
Speaker 6: We was all right, We was all right that season.
Speaker 2: He's so happy. Look as a coach.
Speaker 7: He stumped the coach by the end of the game speech a story. I ain't gonna do this, but chrible me, you're not going to Hey, well we saw like a missile though. That first year we were six and two coming out the gate, and then we ended with eight and eight.
Speaker 2: How you start is how you finished. We was tough foolery at the time, but I track when you look at these guys who here.
Speaker 4: One of the things that I remember being a guy in that seat, being an old guy on the team, whether you are a star or not. When you have that new leadership, that new head coach, it, I guess it gives you something different than what you had. I mean, every year is a new year to rewrite the narrative about yourself, whether you're a pro bowler, all all, all pro, or whatever it is that you are as your position.
Speaker 6: You want to be on that level every year.
Speaker 4: But when you have a new set of eyes on you, you're kind of more I guess juiced up to go out there and really show these guys or why you still here and why they and why they was able to, you know, retain you as one of their guys. And I think that's what a lot of these guys are going through right now, and just knowing that. Look, first of all, you have a coach like no other. Dan Quinn is to me, We've talked to this guy on the sideline. He doesn't fit that that typical head coach model. Like he's one of those guys so much.
Speaker 6: He's approachable.
Speaker 4: He's one of those guys that want to listen and want to talk tell you what's going on.
Speaker 2: Like a lot of these coaches don't want to share nothing with you. They like, we did the enemy, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So to half a guy like that already, I can see the difference in some of these guys, Like you know, they were talking to Terry a couple of days ago and he talked about how he do things in the offseason and this offseason he hasn't. He say, Man, he's hungry, he's.
Speaker 6: Willing to know.
Speaker 4: You have to be that way because these coaches don't know you, and what you did last year don't matter this year. So I think that's what a lot of these guys are going through right now, just knowing that, Hey, we got to prove of these coaches that were the same guys that they played against last year, and we're gonna do the same thing this year for them or even better.
Speaker 7: I think the best part about this is even with Peters, when he came in, it was few players.
Speaker 4: Under contract, players he didn't have to do a lot of firing, and it happened to be all of our best players were under contract.
Speaker 2: Indeed, players we didn't know about we're not.
Speaker 7: So it's like we cut the fat, kept the best, and added better players to those players.
Speaker 2: That we cannot.
Speaker 7: We're most definitely by roster configuration two games better, Like I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: We're better in almost every position you could think of.
Speaker 7: We're deeper at cornerback right now, we have one of the best linebacker cruise. I'm gonna go out and said it right now, could be in the NFL next year. I think they're gonna be very good. Defensive line. We beefed it up. Offensive line. We got better at that position. Running back Austin Neckler, we got better at that position, wide receiver. We drafted got like we got better each in every position. So therefore, I think that leads to us taking that next step. Now, how good we're gonna be. We gonna see the tea. Don't know, but I think we got better.
Speaker 2: As a team.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, And I think that You know, when you look at those names, right, they kind of provide a good scaffolding, good foundation, Right. You got Terry, you got Jahn, guys that could be similar to that ninety one team. You got b Rob, a guy who's I think one of the most talented guys on the offense. But I really think I think he doesn't get the love he should get more. I think he gets you hear that report come out of camp though, like they didn't know how good he was. They were like, man, he catches the ball so much better than we thought.
Speaker 2: Because when you see how big he is, the first thing you think is this John.
Speaker 6: Reagan's Juli is a big old horse.
Speaker 2: You ever stay beside b Rob. He's huge.
Speaker 7: I don't know how he looks on TV to y'all, but he's huge. But he got south hands, very south hands. He could kisch the ball a lot, be able, and he never gets the props he deserved for his past partiction. He's great in past paticketball player and this is why it is gonna be good with him and Ikla giving each other spying each other out.
Speaker 2: I think he's gonna be a great marriage.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, And you talk about some of the free agent signings, and I think you know, we talked you know, you talked about Frankie Louver, you talked about Bobby Wagner, Zach Ertz, Austin Eckler. Obviously some of those guys are older, but I think when you're establishing a new culture, that become critical cornerstones and being like, this is how we operate as a commander, right, this is how we kind of establish our cultural identity in addition to being good football players.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think those guys always needed.
Speaker 4: You know, when you have a young team, it's best to go out there and get some of those older guys, great veterans that the familiar with how to play the game one and not just playing the game, but just familiar with the coaching staff of how they want you to come in here and set the tone. So you know, all I can do is reiterate some of the things I've been hearing. But it's crazy how you hear some of these guys talking about the other guys who's coming in that they are now added to the puzzle. Because now you don't have to worry about one guy being the leader. You don't have to worry about saying it's kind. I'm not sure how odd it was to you guys, but it was odd to me just hearing everybody say, well, John Allen, John Danada, our leader, spoke with Damn Jonathan want to be like four.
Speaker 2: Five, Yeah, yes, that's the leader, your leader three years.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying to now, See, you have a wagoner. You have some of these guys that have they're a little more longer in the two.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 6: And to be able to go along with the other leaders.
Speaker 2: That's what you need. You don't you don't want to rely on one gal all the time.
Speaker 7: The fact is the leader in that building that says, here, look at my hand, look at these rings.
Speaker 6: Oh my god. I'm like, what are you talking about.
Speaker 2: My hands? Listen.
Speaker 7: I like a guy that says I've been there, done that. If you ain't did this, sit down and listen to me like this says everything to me. That's the standard.
Speaker 6: It's crazy though, when you talk to the guys, it's like it's Bobby Wagner and I was like, who would that be? I guess it'd be like Ray Lewis, you know, like that kind of Ingerson. He's like a Hall of Fame linebacker that's in the building with you. Yes, every young guys and everyone talks about him. But the guy I'm probably most excited about, most excited about just from the tape, it's Frank.
Speaker 2: Man's a dog man crush.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 2: I can't wait till y'all see this guy by all the energy, ball of passion.
Speaker 6: He's huge, physical, he looks good.
Speaker 2: In that number four. Damn. He gonna make you.
Speaker 6: Proud friend, shut out man, make you prown look good.
Speaker 2: Just a dying piece.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean for real, like talking about a middle linebacker who can rush line up a defensive end. I mean, watched those clips of him knocking helmets off offensive lineman. He's talking about a culture tone setter that can learn from a guy who's gonna be a Hall of famer. Like I just think it's fantastic.
Speaker 8: You know, are you talking Taylor? What about that draftee from Tearful? You didn't say that, Jordan McGee, that's what he looked with a linebacker.
Speaker 6: Looked like I was between us. I didn't want to.
Speaker 4: You know, friend, if you tell me anything honestly though, he's a guy put together. And then you're just talking about we talked about earlier about how Dan has gotten the coaches in there in case one of the coaches get a job elsewhere, you know that next guy A feeling that's how we we have at the linebacker position right now.
Speaker 6: I feel, you know, we just talked about this team a couple of years ago where that was the weakest position.
Speaker 4: Now you have youth, you have you have guys that that's been there, done and and and and Bobby and Louis and just to know, I mean, we don't even know how we're gonna use this young specimen. I'm gonna get to all those guys, all those guys to now sit back and learn and still be a key you know, implement to you know, having the success on that level.
Speaker 2: So I'm I'm I'm excited, man. But yeah, don't be go snitching on me.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: Let me talk when I want to talk about the guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So, I mean, that's a good segue. Tennis man crushed on Jordan McGee. Let's talk about the draft class. We'll save Jane Daniels for for in a second, But talk about the draft class, because I think it's the guys that remained on the roster are talk physical, smart, competitive, Right, Yeah. The guys that we brought in for agency are tough, physical, smart, competitive, and the guys we drafted are tough, physical, smart competitive. So I don't know if you can see there's a theme. Do you have a favorite guy of that group that you're like, Man, this guy embodies that to a t man.
Speaker 7: You know what, I fell in little with this draft Clay when I started to study then individual and realized they were the same player, just different positions.
Speaker 2: They have the same DNA, just different positions.
Speaker 7: Mike Sander Steel is a guy that came in as a wide receiver at Michigan play end up playing at corner. But also they say power for power could be the best player in college out so one of the best leaders. Jordan McGee who we were just talking about, he was one of the best linebackers in college that nobody talked about.
Speaker 6: A single digit a Temple so captain physicality kind of this undersized linebacker can play like almost a safety position. Really interesting player.
Speaker 2: And then you got being sent it a guy that literally walked on had to earn.
Speaker 6: He said his name right, now said.
Speaker 2: His name right.
Speaker 7: I'd like to call him so not. I really want to get a show man with like a kid with snot coming out. They know because send it hit them. But all of these guys have a DNA to them where they was giving nothing and they end up being leaders at these schools. They're telling me they only want certain guys, certain DNA, certain leaders. So guys that love football, all of these guys bleed sweat football.
Speaker 2: I think they found a DNA. So now it's let me know.
Speaker 7: Now I can literally go into the next year's drafting the next year's draft, and I can tell you who they gonna pick because of this year's draft.
Speaker 6: I see what type players think it changes. This is a little sidetracked. Do you think it changes because they've got the foundation.
Speaker 2: This is who they are. This is how he shop.
Speaker 7: If you go to the grocery store with your wife, how she shops that first day is gonna be how she shops that last day.
Speaker 6: Why you're so passionate about never changed that them?
Speaker 4: Because you know it's one thing of a coaching staff or a coach tell you this is what I'm looking for.
Speaker 2: The guys that don't fit this mold, they can go ahead, you know, see the dough you.
Speaker 4: Gotta when you got a coach, Joe Wick came in and said with us before they drafted anybody and say, we want a guy that wake up in the morning.
Speaker 6: He chose.
Speaker 4: He chose you violence. He want to, he want to, he want to run through your face. And so you sit back in the drive and you're like, damn, he chose violence. You watch every play, Damn he chose violence. Like every guy to a t, they want out their physical and that's relentless after the ball, doing on on their given position. And just one of those guys that fit the mold. So I couldn't dare say that these guys will get off of that. And because like you said before, they want those guys that because it's going to back up the other guy in case one of those guys get you know, like I say, go on somewhere else, or just be old enough to leave the door. They want to have that door open enough to say, okay, you could fill in that voice if.
Speaker 2: I lift something out too.
Speaker 7: Not only are these are great football players with great stories of where they came from, they also great people.
Speaker 2: I could say that about Jay Daniels.
Speaker 7: When I met him, I was just super shocked and how grounded he was, and what he said the other day says everything.
Speaker 2: They asked him.
Speaker 7: How does it feel to be the star quarterback in Washington? He would like, I ain't no star. I'm a rookie. I have yet to get there. That tells you where all of their heads are at. They're trying to be a part of something, not trying to beat to something. This this, this, that's good right there.
Speaker 6: Let's talk about Jane Daniels a little bit. You've been out of practice.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am. What do you think I think we got a chance to dance now? I have been there for a while.
Speaker 6: You make that up right now?
Speaker 7: No, a chance to dance mean I can put my players to the to the middle of the table and we might can win this thing. Everything starts with a quarterback.
Speaker 2: You just made that up.
Speaker 6: You just made that up right now? What are you talking about? What you expect?
Speaker 2: I said this, said Church three weeks ago. You had a chance to dance. I'm just saying, when you got a quarterback, rookie or not talk to us.
Speaker 7: We see with the Texans it gives you a chance to win, all right, we got an offensive line, we got wire receive what we got positions.
Speaker 2: It gives you a chance to win.
Speaker 7: What I like about danis I mean Jane Dames is nothing seems to be too big for him.
Speaker 2: I do like that, Like, nothing seems to be too big for him. And it also tells me with that and.
Speaker 7: Him not taking hisself too seriously, we got somebody their feet will stay to the ground even if they have success.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I agree. I think like from a technical standpoint, you look at the footwork, look at the mechanics, look at his understanding of defense, look at the work ethic. It's all kind of there for you. And then again the mentality seems to be the right thing, and again it kind of fits. That all fits, but it fits with that vision, right, smart, competitive, tough, got receiver Luke McCaffrey, smart, competitive, tough, like it's all there for you. And so I don't know, I've just been really juiced about his process. I think there's a long way to go for him. What you got to say is a lot in the building. Last guy out I know, but like John Beck, so that that's my guy and that's my guy. I know it ain't no John big Jersey is in Hire. But by the way, and there shouldn't be Logan Logan loves John B. Man. He looked out for me when I was young guy. That's why I got a lot of respect for him. So tell everyone, I mean, so everyone knows, like when you come in you're rookie, you're trying to get reps. He would stay after and throw with me every day for twenty minutes. We'd come in on Monday when we'd have to be there, we'd run through the whole game. You in, dude, he was. He got me right and again seeing that prep, seeing that work ethic, so again, like it's important, you need it. But this isn't a sure success. And that's kind of what we're talking about with Jaydon, Like he's doing all the right things, so got to see it happen. But we're we're excited about him, for sure.
Speaker 2: I'm very excited about it. And I can't sit here and say that enough.
Speaker 4: I just think too, as a guy who've seen that so many times here just like these fans, I'm pretty sure they tired of this seeing or hearing us say that are you going to hype you up until we can't hip you up no more. And I don't want to be him. No, I don't want to be you know, shoot you know, you know, jump in the block.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: I want to allow these guys to all, you know, show us who theyre going to be. You feel what I'm saying?
Speaker 6: No, I know, yeah, I got you.
Speaker 4: Don't don't give me cursing any people who these people might So I got to say something about.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I'm sorry, sorry.
Speaker 7: Because I might say I'm the filthy mountha pick the fieldy mouth, gut out like yeah, it's free, it's move.
Speaker 2: No, it's not, it's not rethink that.
Speaker 6: No, I just don't have a camp.
Speaker 2: I don't have a big hole. Look my vote camera in money Bee.
Speaker 5: I'm okay with that.
Speaker 6: It's not huge, that's no secret. Yeah. So I think it's uh. I think we're all really excited. We talked about, you know, the whole tree got the quarterback, which might be the peace moving forward, which are all excited about. But we gotta be patient. I look at like, look at san fran when I was there in twenty seventeen, they did a very similar thing, but a bunch of cultural free agents drafted very similar in the draft. Obviously, Adam Peters was there and it still took some time.
Speaker 2: Now, don't take time.
Speaker 6: They are where they are because they made good decisions. I look at the Detroit Lions the same thing. They're one of the best teams in football because they made smart draft choices. They brought in the right for agencies, they made the right investment at quarterback. All those things got to hit. But this seems to be the formula to kind of establish a dominant roster.
Speaker 2: And don't worry about this fan base. This fan base is a oven cooking fan base.
Speaker 7: It takes a while. Took Grandma, Grandmama's cooking. See logan is from the microwave Society. I am he won't he is done now the TV dinner it comes with a show and everything. But Grandma put love in that cooking and it takes a little time.
Speaker 6: All right. So because I'm such a microwave society guy and you're such a baking guy, let's get into the bacon baker guy.
Speaker 2: I want to say this again. My scraull be every brown.
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 7: Scrawl scrawl Mississippi scrawlberry Browns was not allowed to enter the contest.
Speaker 6: So this, yeah, revolts, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So they I just.
Speaker 6: I just think it's so ironic because you always complained to Zach that he does something not in the parameters.
Speaker 2: Let me tell y'all what he does.
Speaker 7: Why you get contest in the office and we do a pie he brings He gets in there and pulls a torch out of his pocket.
Speaker 6: That was That was pretty balling fun to.
Speaker 2: The top of that's too much.
Speaker 5: You need to get it.
Speaker 2: Puts that on the ex Yeah, he brought a support from need.
Speaker 6: Several guys were talking to each other, Nice, here, okay, here we go, Here we go. What do you gotta say?
Speaker 9: Look, all I'm saying is it was such a compliment that you brought two different flavors of Brian because you know what it's like.
Speaker 6: You say, you're going into a boxing.
Speaker 9: Match and you're going to begin in the middle ring, and all of a sudden your opponent brings your manager out and you're, all of a sudden you're fighting two on one.
Speaker 2: No, you're not, And what it.
Speaker 6: Means, it means you're not you're scared. Bread I brought in front of people.
Speaker 2: People share with the people.
Speaker 6: We still have it.
Speaker 7: I got the cookbook, the Book of Smooth. It was handed down from like five generations of smooth, and he was in there. I'm like, oh, scrawby every browned. I think I put it out page one O seven stopped.
Speaker 5: Dude, you.
Speaker 6: Only sweat. You only sweat when you're nervous. So you're nervous right now.
Speaker 2: You're trying to get me started.
Speaker 6: Double cover what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm talking about. All against me.
Speaker 6: Oh, one of your fans over here. You've brought fans.
Speaker 5: You brought.
Speaker 6: You guys, Carball you No, I did not.
Speaker 10: That.
Speaker 6: Can't win for losing with you, guys. Man. I thought I was hard on Zach early. See you know, do you think I'm being hard on Zach. No, you wasn't hard. I was hard, always talking. That's my guy. I wouldn't win.
Speaker 2: I was hard on that win. I will say, can't love slim fast shakes. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I don't think he sins bread.
Speaker 2: I will say.
Speaker 6: I will say, Zach comes in pretty harsh on you, though sometimes I like it.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm a cornerback. We're used to that somebody loving us one day, hate.
Speaker 4: Us to the I think I gave him the right amount of love hate type of thing that he got a ship together.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 7: You know he's passionate about bacon, and I like that. See, bacon to me is effortless. All right, I'm born in Mississippi.
Speaker 2: I wake up.
Speaker 6: If we do this every day, you're amazing. Then why are you lost twice in a row.
Speaker 7: This is why I lost twice in a row, because when we first start this bacon thing, I'm just blowing him out time at the time.
Speaker 2: Now I got it, run everything. And Ryan set me down to say we need to make this little like a contest. You're gonna have to let him win.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I said, Okay, I sabotage myself.
Speaker 6: The devil will tell a lot.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 6: All right, Jason are you here? Bringing Jason? We go over the rules.
Speaker 2: We should blame whoa he lift my his house?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 12: All right, here's here's the rules.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 13: First off, when I texted Fred and we decided on what we're doing, it was one brownie. One brownie you brought me in two brownies came in today with two brown so one of them looked like a strawberry cake, and I'm like, that's not a brownie.
Speaker 12: That's just Fred being a nice guy leaving me a nice strawberry.
Speaker 13: Right, So I put your brownie in the box with Selby's brownie. That's well, I didn't do it.
Speaker 2: Just over prepared.
Speaker 6: Over prepared.
Speaker 12: I don't know what that was, but it wasn't a brownie.
Speaker 6: Okay, here we go, so it's not gonna count.
Speaker 12: I'm sorry, Fred, that's how it goes.
Speaker 2: Stop you you are a hater. I know hates, but relationships, all right, So hey, here are the rules.
Speaker 12: Here are the rules. All right, Logan, you're gonna get a vote.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna get a vote if I can't taste anything.
Speaker 2: Do you know Logan physically can tasting a thing? He has no taste butts. You have known that, but we we put him in all the taste tasted things. People.
Speaker 6: Yes, I got a fifty to fifty shot.
Speaker 2: I didn't tell y'all, but put him in taste this this stuff gets a vote.
Speaker 6: Who gets a vote gets a vote, gets a vote.
Speaker 12: Obviously, Fred and Selby no vote.
Speaker 6: No vote, I get a vote.
Speaker 12: Of course I get a vote.
Speaker 2: I like it, all right?
Speaker 6: Does Brian get a vote?
Speaker 2: I got?
Speaker 12: Brian gets a vote?
Speaker 2: Brian, and I don't need to know that Brian hasn't eight and sugar in ten years.
Speaker 6: You notufires in front.
Speaker 2: Of them, because Jason, Do the fans get a vote?
Speaker 12: And yes, the fans. If you have not gone up and grabbed a brownie for the bake off yet, go do it. They're over here.
Speaker 2: You got time.
Speaker 13: We won't count them just yet, but a little box you vote for berging here gold, either Zach or Fred.
Speaker 12: One of them is Brady, one of them is called we'll see who wins there. It's blind blind taste us, all right. So the fans will count up all their votes and that'll count as one.
Speaker 6: So you can so you can win the fan vote, but lose.
Speaker 12: You can be the people's champions, but not these Check this out.
Speaker 6: We got a guy that don't eat sugar.
Speaker 2: We got a guy that can't taste case. Know what I'm saying. This is what I deal with daily, Like this is this can't be right, all right?
Speaker 6: Casting all the votes Mississippi head. But but Jason, Jason is like the guy though Jason does like a good baked good.
Speaker 2: No, Jason can't tastes y'all.
Speaker 6: See stop he's eating. Stop don't do that. That shame of the judges said, miss all right, we geez, we don't do it.
Speaker 12: I know what brown tastes like. Let's I know what a good brownie tastes like.
Speaker 6: All right, do we get to taste brownies? Let's go. Yeah, I'm ready. I wish waiting for brownies.
Speaker 2: They don't exist. You and the corns exist.
Speaker 6: Okay, I see what's happening.
Speaker 2: All right, I know you you're gonna probably have a calmba.
Speaker 6: Oh, Brian's here, Hi, Brian, What up? Y'all?
Speaker 5: What up?
Speaker 2: He's right. I have not had sugar in a very long time. You're such a liar, you know he does. He's a military kid, a big brown gun.
Speaker 6: He's not wrong. How good are these boxes? These are nice?
Speaker 2: Why do I get it? I get to eat my own stuff, But I ain't really.
Speaker 3: Got a vote.
Speaker 2: You don't get the vote, but you can eat it.
Speaker 7: Get it tast I want to tell y'all, since they did not allow that, my strawberry brownies made it. I made these, and they are called milky way brownies. It's gonna taste a little different than here.
Speaker 6: It's a blind taste test it go you see, right, you can't tell people eat geese. Gosh, so I'll go first, I guess growing the yellow one here. This looks like a fred one to me.
Speaker 2: Both in both it's gold.
Speaker 12: Gold, burgundy and gold.
Speaker 5: So we're doing gold first.
Speaker 6: You can't have eaten both already. I'll just eat one, logan. They'll be telling my business, all right, all right? The gold one tastes like a brownie to me.
Speaker 2: It tastes like a brownie.
Speaker 6: It does, just so you know that's what it tastes like.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he can't taste so I'm shocked. I know you are hurting nothing, mister neutral grain over here, going.
Speaker 2: This guy right yet? We not gonna work for him. Who you're voting for? Whoever made a Begian one? We haven't done red yet, Fred, we haven't done yet.
Speaker 6: Do burgny first, all right?
Speaker 2: No, I ain't gonna let it go.
Speaker 6: Tastes like brownie.
Speaker 2: No, I ain't a lot of goat milky way in there, don't it.
Speaker 6: What are you doing? It's a blind like you guys always do. This is zax though. I know this is Zachs because he is pretty right. No, because it's got big of chocolate chunks in it.
Speaker 2: He always over, you don't really taste like it tastes like a shoe.
Speaker 6: Stop? How does it?
Speaker 2: What does it even?
Speaker 4: We got a fan saying gold. He's a super fan, right there, Fred, Let's see, I knew it better. The one thing he is always looking, man, what do you think like him? If you take like stuff that it looks good, I will.
Speaker 6: This is not a blind test anymore. This isn't blind. It does taste. What do you think? What do you got? I'm going and I don't know? Man?
Speaker 2: What you got?
Speaker 6: I think they taste like they're from the same back literally.
Speaker 3: Or whatnot?
Speaker 5: Mixed it saying what you got?
Speaker 2: What you got?
Speaker 6: It is close?
Speaker 3: What all right?
Speaker 6: They're saying?
Speaker 3: You say gold?
Speaker 6: Different? What you got? You have burgundy?
Speaker 2: Gold?
Speaker 5: Miss key?
Speaker 2: You ain't trying to do what I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: I think I'm going gold here. I think I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think I might be going gold too. You know what it's starting to it's starting to be like.
Speaker 4: Him.
Speaker 6: You know he stopped talking.
Speaker 2: He used a frying folks.
Speaker 6: What he used to make them all right, Tanna, we got It's tight. It's tight. It's really tight. It's tight with me. We got what we got.
Speaker 2: I like both.
Speaker 6: Okay, you like both, But do you like one more than the other? I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't tell the difference. I mean my taste, it ain't working to day.
Speaker 6: They taste the same, they do.
Speaker 2: It's a vote for gold and burguning. That's a vote for gold.
Speaker 6: It's a zero vote. I will say the gold the bird. The gold tastes a little bit more traditional. Yes, I think the red has some dark chocolate in it, which gives it a little bit of a richer flavor. So kind of whatever you're into, if you're into being fanning, I like to be in traditional. I think I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: Gold, like I think so Logan for the same reasons as you. The Burgundy was a little too freaky, like I like my big Goods normal. I like my big like big Goods.
Speaker 6: Have seen the story before.
Speaker 2: We got gold as friends, so we know.
Speaker 6: But if you had some ice cream with that, with that red one, I think that I think it's a little bit higher Brown's. It's a little bit higher quality.
Speaker 11: Burgundy would be in a restaurant. Yeah, I think would be in a restaurant, Gold would.
Speaker 2: Be in my mama's crew. Who would you rather eat with? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: You can't politic for your brown Let it go, Let the people decide. Friend, all right, Jason, Jason, you're you're our best taster. What do you got?
Speaker 12: Yeah, so you already know. I like the dark chocolate, yes, and I like the bitterness. It's a little more fluffier to me.
Speaker 13: The other one like almost collapse on itself, a little bit, a little dense.
Speaker 12: Right, So I'm going with Burgundy.
Speaker 14: Burgundy, all right, y'all the boot this man, this man, I'm telling you, like, that's what we're like.
Speaker 6: JESU, tell with me.
Speaker 2: Ten is a time time with me?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: How are we talleate fan votes? We got a fan botes here?
Speaker 6: Am?
Speaker 8: We got all right?
Speaker 2: Two golds in the Burgundy.
Speaker 12: Show, winning by three votes? Tight race.
Speaker 2: Started? Something started something?
Speaker 6: Oh man, you don't start at something.
Speaker 2: To Brownie.
Speaker 6: I will say, you've been on your you've been on your head game, or you've been baking, you've been making decide.
Speaker 2: You know, I've been the one that I've been hard on. This man right here, he smelled like he worked and lived in me. What is that even?
Speaker 6: Mean little mean jogging about Actually they just tasted more fancy.
Speaker 2: Well, I gotta think about it.
Speaker 6: Tell me about it.
Speaker 3: What I did was what did you do?
Speaker 6: I went to the Midwest and you bought and you bought somes.
Speaker 7: I went to get some weak from the Northwest, I mean the Midwest over there, right. Chocolate was from Hershey, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 6: I got it two days Hershyvana, Yes I did. I can't amount that.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 6: I love it exactly. What was your process?
Speaker 4: Like? Uh?
Speaker 9: Well, I went the Safeway, nice and good starting. I got all the name brands to have Hershey coca. They're not going to Hershey, Pennsylvania like he lies and claims that he did.
Speaker 2: I went out coco dust. Let's be honest. I didn't get regular poddle coco dust.
Speaker 9: So what I do instead of getting regular chocolate chips? I do want to encourage him Ryan, stop flapping. I do get chocolate bars, and I chop up the chocolate bars much.
Speaker 2: He did too much right there where he lost Charlotte.
Speaker 7: If y'all wanted a chocolate bar, you to bottle chocolate bar, right, you loaning up brownie.
Speaker 2: So you came to me.
Speaker 6: It's pretty common to put you off with like bars in. Actually again I agree with it. They're both really good. Not really, you're ridiculous. All right, So let's let's.
Speaker 11: Give a round of applause for our guys right here, Yes, the commands of the podcast, the first ever live podcast. Let's give a right up applus for our senior staff writer Zack Selby. He did not win, but we appreciate Zach Selby so much. Yes, yea, hi, Zach. Get out of here, now, we get out of here.
Speaker 5: We're not done with this, so.
Speaker 6: This is a long running rivalry guy, So thank you Zach again.
Speaker 2: Now we're here for you guys.
Speaker 1: We cannot do a live show like this if it wasn't for our amazing fans that always support us.
Speaker 2: So what we want to do to end it, We want to do a Q and A for y'all. Y'all raise your hands.
Speaker 1: I will come with the mic, and y'all could ask these gentlemen any question you guys have.
Speaker 2: So who's first? Don't be shy now, grandmother took me there.
Speaker 12: Keep it down away from that up there.
Speaker 2: It was just I was in the kitchen with my grandmom, you know, summer after summer in there.
Speaker 6: Two things.
Speaker 2: Watching her with the skilly.
Speaker 13: You guys have watched Jeremy Chin and Kawan Martin in the backfield they together.
Speaker 7: I think Jeremy Chen is you know, y'all got realized the year that Chase Young one Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 2: He was in second.
Speaker 7: He went through a couple of injuries over there in Carolina. But first of all, he's huge. He's a huge man.
Speaker 2: Second of all, he's playing with his head on fight because.
Speaker 7: He got something to prove. Like nothing like a desperate man to get you there. And Kwan Morten, did you see that pick behind the back the other day? Now, I had some great picks, I ain't had one like that one right there, but I will line put a twenty seven on there and say it was me.
Speaker 2: There was a great interception right there. I'm excited about both of them. I saw him.
Speaker 4: I saw one of the plays too where Kwan broke up the ball and Jeremy came in and.
Speaker 2: Picked the ball up.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'm mixed. I'm missed that about what they can be. And and you alluded to the first day we got a chance to sit down with Chin. He he talked like a guy that you know, he's about his business. Yeah, very He's very motivating and he has something to prove. So I'll be looking looking forward to him going out there and making big plays this year.
Speaker 6: So I'm gonna give you a nerdy football answer because I'm a nerdy football person. Okay. So basically, like this Stallus defense is really it is really versatile, right. They do a really good job of moving pieces around. They get guys that can play in the box, play in the post. Both these guys have moved all around the defensive formation. So the one time Jeremy is the dime linebacker, one time Kwan's the dime linebacker, one time Kwan's the nickel. The flexibility makes it really hard to diagnose and digest coverages, and it's really good to have the flexibility to have players that can match up with tight ends, fit runs, but also play post safety. So I think that's what you're looking at with both those guys, and I think they understand, you know, they mentioned Jeremy Chinn being a big guy, Like, it's really good to have a staff that understands how to utilize that body type at a light level. So I think like all of that stuff gets gets me really excited for that group specifically. And then Joe Witt and what he's been able to do in terms of helping every defensive back he's ever coached have ball production. Both these guys I think are in for a big year.
Speaker 3: Yep, round of applause for Matt. Great first question, Mac m a c.
Speaker 6: That was good, Matt, it is on.
Speaker 2: You can hear me right.
Speaker 5: Okay, we got another question.
Speaker 2: We got Paul right here with another fan question.
Speaker 6: Hey, guys, this is my fiance.
Speaker 2: We're getting married later.
Speaker 6: This congratulations relationship. He's a Baltimore fan.
Speaker 3: Every year I try and tell her this is the year.
Speaker 6: Can you explain to her why this is the year they're going to be Baltimore right, future wife and that's why this is the year for us this friends and Jones, good dang.
Speaker 2: You know how you get a new car.
Speaker 7: You're sitting there for the new Cosmail and he's like, yeah, this is the one right here, Well, this is the one right here. He has taken a lot of stuff from you for the last twenty years, maybe fifteen because the Ravens been so good everything been going your way.
Speaker 2: You shame and make Christmas just shame and make New Year with baby. It's your time. You understand me, it's your kind of time.
Speaker 6: Yea.
Speaker 2: With all that being said, Baltimore's is our favorite cousins. That's Fred would say. So you know he's one of those guys.
Speaker 4: He's the only child, so you have to understand why he acts the way you at I do because when those cousins come over, he gives them hell. So that's why you know we're gonna give Baltimore hell before for those reasons.
Speaker 1: Big shout out to Paul. Congratulations on the engagement.
Speaker 14: Paul.
Speaker 2: Yes, she will be a Commanders fan.
Speaker 6: Soon enough, she would be a commander and soon.
Speaker 2: The question is where you're gonna leave the kid to? Are you leading him to wash it out?
Speaker 3: He leave me? Yeah, there, we go go ahead and get a size small shirt for the baby too.
Speaker 6: She's like, y'all put me on the spots.
Speaker 3: Next time we have Mike right here, super fan?
Speaker 2: All right, Mike, what's up?
Speaker 10: So I was like, I'm a huge fan of like Emmanuel Forbes, and like, I know, like maybe he went too early in the first round year, but I want to know, like what, like, what have you seen with our coaching staff with this this guy, Like I feel like we put him in the slot or if we put him as a kick return or something like what do you see you with Emmanuel Farbes? I feel like there's something cool happening there.
Speaker 2: Let me let me start before Fred talking about this guy.
Speaker 4: You know, one of the things about guys like Emmanuel Forbes, you can't just quit on him, you understand. I mean, he's a guy that has a lot of potential. Yes, he's a smaller guy. You know, Fred talked about how small he was when he came in. I don't think Fred was as small as him, so let me put that out there. But he has a lot of talent. His skill set is through the roof. I think when you look at some of the things that he went through last year, it was because he wasn't being put in the best position to succeed.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: He didn't have a lot of help from the guys that was out there, and at times they just say, hey, you have all these skill sets, you a ball, go out there and make a play, which that's not the way you play football.
Speaker 2: I think this year should be a year of improvement.
Speaker 4: You think about when we had full of his first year, full of got this mant on his out there, we got the week out the week before you know it, he was the guy that led the team in picks, went over to Kansas City and won the Super Bowl and did the same thing.
Speaker 6: So give him some time, give.
Speaker 2: Him some time to mature, give him some time to develop.
Speaker 4: And I think this year in this defense, if you allow him to get comfortable, if you allow him to play relax, if you allow him to get some of the things that Joe Witt has talked about how he does with his defensive backs, he could go out there and be the guy that we saw out there and what we.
Speaker 2: Played for Missippi State.
Speaker 6: Yo. I knew he wanted to talk about him.
Speaker 2: He could be one of those guys that we see that did some of the things that he did in college. This year.
Speaker 4: I think the second year is always the year to see can that guy, you know, turn the curve or be a little better than what he was last year.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, I can talk about this all day long. You know it's close to my heart right here. But let's just be honest. Let's look at the facts. I'm a factual guy. You tell me the facts, I tell you the outcome.
Speaker 2: Can't help aloud, right, I can't even what are you doing? You just said that? Anybody you just made you say you make up?
Speaker 6: They all lie.
Speaker 2: Hey, they didn't get mad because I know.
Speaker 7: A lot of Why Why are the giants called the giants because it's giant Bilders in New York.
Speaker 2: I checked this out.
Speaker 7: Marion Forbes had a teacher from the map to coaching him last year.
Speaker 2: All right, do you hear me?
Speaker 7: A high school coach against a J Brown. They could have been in us get hit by that truck that day. At the end of the day, you show me who your coach is, and I show you what type of player you is. And that's the end of the date. My man had no direction, so he ran off the road. It's happy now he has a coach with some direction. Watch him stay on the interstate.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when you watch Ota practices, he's looked really good. Look really, I think like Theft's point, like he's got more structure. You can tell there's ruled out the defensive backfields, communicating way better. So all those things. I think that whole group, I think Benjamin Sainting, Jews Skwan. Yeah, Jeremy Chin are gonna be playing much better football this year, no doubt.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Mike.
Speaker 2: Great question.
Speaker 6: Get a round of the ploss for Mike, Mike.
Speaker 2: Shit, good brownie eating all right.
Speaker 1: Next up, we got brother Rock right here. He got a question for you guys. Go ahing, bro, I'll stand up. Oh, I'll make this easy.
Speaker 15: So I watched quarterback Daniels in college and he was taking RG three type hits.
Speaker 6: It scares me. We got this shiny new quarterback.
Speaker 15: Yeah, have the coaching staff and working with him on getting down, getting out of bounds, throwing the ball away, and not taking these vicious hints.
Speaker 4: And I've seen him taking that's a great that's a great I mean no, we talked about this earlier this year. Great quot, I mean, great question. Look, so it's a difference. Though you talked about the RG three hits. I think the difference between his hits and RG three RG three you know, how to get down at times, the kids said when he was taking those hits, he was just trying to do a little too much, trying to trying to make up, trying to make a play, when he should have just got down.
Speaker 2: I think you learn from those, you know.
Speaker 4: I think when you're a guy like Jaden for some of the things that I've seen this far, with him just speaking in front of the mic and being in front of you know, that that that camera, he knows what's at State, and I'm sure those coaches are gonna let him know, like live for.
Speaker 6: The next down.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I think he has a little more of a Lamar Jackson start of running yea than RG three. We played with RG three, that boy was b lying fast and when he got the top gear, he couldn't slow down.
Speaker 6: He didn't stop, he couldn't stop.
Speaker 4: So when you look at Jaden Daniels a little bit, he's a guy that he's a little more elusive than RG. But it's still yet we have to see him be able to be out there amongst those guys and see what type of decision making what he do. So I think he'll be a little better with it, but we're so far ahead of that right now or behind that we don't know until he get out there and really being live action or see him in live action.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And also I think that like as a coach, you can kind of impact when he's going to be aggressive, right, Like, if I'm calling a quarterback run on fourth and one, I want him to be aggressive and put his head down and go get it. They did that a lot at LSU, and a lot of his big hits are happening in like short yard in situations. If I'm Cliff Kingsbury, I'm gonna try and avoid like sending him on a quarterback power up the middle of the defense, right Yeah, I don't want him in a car crash. So again, there's a little bit of a play style element too there in terms of how I'm calling the game. Also, I think, just like Tande pointed out, you can you can help him understand when and when not to make those big kid decisions. Just like he's making good decisions in the pocket of OTAs, he can make good decisions as a runner. And I think informing him and educating him and when to be super competitive and when to chill out, I think it's also gonna be really impactful to his his hit taking prowess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like he survived in the SEC.
Speaker 7: What he's gonna learn now is I have to protict myself why playmaking Like in the sec. I think he just play made and say I take what happens right now. He's gonna learn when the slide, when to go out of bounds, when to risk it all. But I hate to say this. You can't kill his playmaking ability. Why telling him to take care of himself? Like it's a thin line right there, Like we watch patrim Holmes water his way the first downs all the time and take shots, but we gotta just trust him.
Speaker 2: At one point we're gonna get to the point where we could trust him.
Speaker 4: I think it'll take time too, because being a receiver in this league for fourteen years, you understand when to pick your battles. It was at times when I got the ball and I'm like, look here, if I can't get another yard without getting my head, my bell rung, I'm gonna get out to bound.
Speaker 2: And as a quarterback, he touching that ball every every place.
Speaker 4: So you want to be able to take less hits, to be able to go out there and say, I want to be able to function, you know, at the caliber they want me to be at for that next place. So he understands when to take, you know, take on that approach and say I need to go out there. Hey, it's fourth and short. I need those three yards. You know, I'm either gonna get it or we're gonna be on the bench. And then I think that's gonna come with the time of him playing, being out there and being in those settings.
Speaker 6: Yeah, at question, so I think he's pretty malleable too, like Robert had like a stiffness to him. Yeah, so when he took hits, he absorbed every ounce of it. Yeah, he's got like some flexibility and is also important to note.
Speaker 1: Great question, Bud, Great question, No Rock, And I think that will end the first ever Command Center podcast live show. Thank you for everybody for pulling up. Thank you the Franklin Hall for having us. Now, if you haven't got your gold shirts yet, they are in this quarter. But also if y'all want some commands in the podcast black shirts, we got some extra ones over there too. Those are flying as well and still have these lovely faces on the front of them.
Speaker 2: We have a photo poop in the back.
Speaker 6: Make sure you get your photos.
Speaker 1: Takeing is dope and it moves around too, so if you want to in different parts of the bar you can do that as well.
Speaker 6: One more time, let's give a round of applause for.
Speaker 11: Our Gentlemenciaten, Logan, Paulson and Fred Smooth that time.
Speaker 1: Now we have a lot Now if you guys like this, we have a lot of content outside of the commands of the podcast. We have to get our podcast with Fred smu and Mike James, but they do what they do best. They get loud, We get loud. Logan will be doing film room breakdowns with our head coach this season and radio play, so make sure you students stay tuned all the things that Logan has no they need Tanna beamtch.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be all the roll this.
Speaker 1: Year, giving you pre and post game shows, and of course we have the flagship show command Center. Make sure you tune into the commandeds YouTube page, subscribe, share like because we'll be on there every Thursday, and we're on WUSA nine on Saturdays. Now a lot to promo, a lot of great content, but we cannot do that without y'all, amazing fans.
Speaker 5: We love y'all.
Speaker 2: We appreciate y'all so much, and y'all have fun.
Speaker 12: Man, get some picks here.
Speaker 6: He's a mingling with our guys. Man, great job.
Speaker 2: Y'all appreciate y'all coming out.
Speaker 6: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.