Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Carol maser Long with Tim Stanbeck. Let's get a look at some of the stocks on the move this week. Bloomberg News Equities reporter Jordan Fitzgerald is here in our Bloomberg Interactive Brokers studio chip names right or related. We definitely were watching them this week for sure.
Speaker 4: Something less delacious than the Epstein files, but still interesting. So looking at Micron and SanDisk this week, SanDisk number one gainer in the S and P five hundred with Micron number five.
Speaker 5: I mean, did we talk about this with you? We did? We talked about this yesterday.
Speaker 4: We were a little bit baffled for the year, yes was up almost should we say, I've check.
Speaker 5: That Carol's going to look.
Speaker 4: No worries and ask ended the week up fifteen percent, Micron up about ten percent. And this comes after Micron's results earlier this week and kind of shows that this memory and storage system and chip space or subsector within the AI space is really kind of thriving. A mid more ambiguous signals in the rest of that sector.
Speaker 3: It's just, you know, this whole AI story is where now we just hit what our third year of talking about it. It's interesting how it continues to evolve. Sand Disk is up five hundred and sixty percent.
Speaker 5: It was number one.
Speaker 3: Gainer in the S and P five hundred. That's okay, there's no Western Digital is number two, three hundred and one percent. You mentioned Micron up to almost two hundred and sixteen percent. Years there, I got the two Yeah, well done, number five top in the S and P five hundred.
Speaker 5: Okay, what about review.
Speaker 4: Rivian kind of came in and surprised me this week. It wasn't doing so well last week after it had this AI and Autonomy Investor day, traders were I think they needed a bit of time to metabolize what they'd been told. But now they're full ending on Rivian. Rivian up twenty two percent this week. That's the best week since January July of last year, and closed at a record high or sorry, closed at a two year high. And Wedbush's dan Ives boosted his price target from twenty five from sixteen dollars to twenty five dollars Today and this really comes off the back of what they said at this Autonomy day last week. This this push into building their own AI chips and getting full self driving out.
Speaker 5: And also traders have.
Speaker 4: Really really been looking forward to Rivian dropping VR two. It's their mid size suv. It's supposed to be a quote unquote cheaper model, and they think it could really change the game. There's not really a lot of cheaper EV's in the market. Tesla put theirs out earlier this year, and the market kind of said that's not actually like cheap enough, and so this could really shake up the sector.
Speaker 3: It's up seventy percent, almost seventy percent year yesday.
Speaker 4: Important to say that Tesla also hit a record high this week. So lot's going on in the EV space, even as EV demand and is allegedly waning in the US.
Speaker 3: I will say, almost seventeen percent of the float is short, so the sentiment on that one.
Speaker 5: And they're not profitable yet right now.
Speaker 4: They're still losing a lot of money.
Speaker 3: But that happened sometimes.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we talked about chips earlier across the pond, they called French fries chies.
Speaker 5: You love this story.
Speaker 4: It's a great segue.
Speaker 5: Thank you, thank you, that was all for you, Joran.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Lamb Weston frozen potato product brand, So all those frozen French fries, frozen tater tots, stuff like that dropped twenty six percent for its worst day since July of last year. And that's a twenty seventeen low for the stock. So it did come in in one of the worst performers week over week, but it's really on those losses today. After the company reaffirmed its full year guidance, investors had been hoping that guidance would come in on the top end of that range, but they maintained this this broader one.
Speaker 5: You know, this was one of my decliners.
Speaker 1: And I went back and I looked at the chart over the last year, and there were all these days where they were like precipitous decline yes in the company's share price. It just seems very volatile in that sound yes and then it goes back up and then a precipitously declined it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's an interesting chart. And it's also how many frozen potato product brands are in the s and P five hundred, like they have a I think a six billion dollar market cap and they make kind of one kind of product. So I think that maybe if there's something going on with potatoes, you're really really liable to sway.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.