Speaker 1: And welcome back to the Sean Hennedy Show on Greg Jarrett filling in for Sean today and tomorrow. I'm a Fox News legal analyst and a trial attorney by trade, and obviously, the big news today is the newly launched criminal investigation by the Department of Justice and the FBI into the actions of James Comy and John Brennan in the Crossfire Hurricane, otherwise known as the Russia Hoax. Happy to have with us New Gingridge, former Speaker of the House, author of a new book that is out today. You've got to get it, Trump's Triumph, America's Greatest Comeback. Newt is obviously a number one New York Times bestselling author and so many of his books I've read, and all of them are absolutely terrific. Mister Speaker, many thanks for taking the time on what I know is a busy day. And let me begin by you got one heck of an indorsement on social media from Donald Trump, and if you'll allow me, let me just read it's pretty short. The wonderful Newt Gingrish has just written a book that is the talk of DC. It's called Trump's Triumph, America's Greatest comeback word is that it's fantastic. But I haven't read it yet. I've been a little too busy. When I do, I'll let you know but what I think of it. But Newt always does it right by a copy. Now, mister speaker, that's a fantastic endorsement, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Well course, Tim' a sort of surprised when it came out, and of course obviously very grateful and delighted. I do think that the Trump's triumph has a lot in it that helps people both understand the recent election and helps them have a sense of where we're going in the next couple of years. And it's been an astonishing rate of change. I mean, the number of things that President Trump has done per day is just unimaginable, I think. And of course you're a great analyst, and we've done a number of podcasts and other things together. I'm always impressed with your knowledge and this decision, which I think personally as a non lawyer, I think is exactly right to go after the former head of the CIA and the former head of the FBI for what I think are clearly felonies where they were deeply abusing the power of government. Doesn't surprise me, but it sure does take a lot of courage on Trump's port.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it absolutely does. And I do want to talk to you about that and get more of your thoughts on that as well as the big beautiful bill. But your book is so opportune at this moment. Again, it comes out today. It's called Trump's triumph, America's greatest comeback. Really, it really is, since the re election of Grover Cleveland, the only person to you get non consecutive terms. But is your book points out Trump was never a typical political candidate. He was the leader of a movement which he recognized in the American people. Trump didn't invent make America great again. You write, he intuited it. That's pretty remarkable, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Well, it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, I think Trump is one of the most extraordinary presidents in American history. He's starting in a very very small group of genuine change agents, and he has a remarkable ability to sense where the American people are.
Speaker 3: I mean, I thought in a way it was captured.
Speaker 2: During the campaign when he went to McDonald's to hand out French fries, recognizing that eighty seven percent of the country goes to McDonald's at least once he. I mean, you could not place yourself anywhere that has a greater natural affinity for Americans than to be having French fries at McDonald's. And it's just typical of his ability to sense the country and the thing which I think is driving the Democrats crazy. But you know that the American people and Trump are singing one song, and the Democrats are off in a corner singing a weird, radically different song, and nobody's joining them and singing it.
Speaker 1: You know, your book makes a great point when it says that Trump assembled a massive coalition of Americans from all backgrounds who were tired of being told what to do, what to say, what to believe, and he made historic inroads with voter groups that traditionally don't vote Republican. You know, how did he know how to do that? Was it instinctual or do you think he actually has an uncommon understanding of the working class in America that used to be championed by Democrats who have now turned against them.
Speaker 3: Well, I look, I think it's a couple of things.
Speaker 2: I think, first of all, he was a construction real estate guy, not a finance real estate guy. So he was out there on the street talking to the folks who were building the buildings or who were developing the golf courses. I mean Trump's ability to hang out with people, listen to them, be pleasant with them is just amazing.
Speaker 3: Years ago.
Speaker 2: Oprah Lunfrey actually the whole series of videos of Trump where he went to one of his hotels and he wore the uniform of every different job.
Speaker 3: In the hotel.
Speaker 2: Now, my favorite is he's the dorman and he walks the dog for one of the guests, comes back and says, now, do I get a tip?
Speaker 3: It's amazing to watch.
Speaker 2: So he had this instinct. Second, remember for thirteen years he had a top rated NBC show, and I always used to tell reporters in Washington that if The Apprentice had come on PBS right after Dalton Abbey, they would have understood how really good Trump was doing this. And then third, for some reason, and I think it's coming from Queens to Manhattan. For some reason, he intuitively understands being the underdog and being the everyday guy and never being accepted by the elites. I think it was his own life was like that, and I think as a result he has far more affection for African American or Latino or blue collar workers than for the folks who are at the Harvard Club in Manhattan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I don't recall an American president who has had as many successes in such a short period of time as Donald Trump. You know, we're five months into his presidency, and of course it looks all the more impressive following the bungled presidency of Joe Biden on foreign policy, whether it's Iran or negotiating ceasefires, and you know, long standing what we hope will be long standing treaties here at home. Supreme Court victories in the last couple of weeks are really quite astonishing, finally getting the High Court after decades to kill the insane practice of judges issuing nationwide injunctions that were halting his agenda and freezing the function of government. But you know, he won that one in a landmark decision. And of course the most recent is his big beautiful bill. What's your assessment of now that it's been passed, the impact that will have a the nation.
Speaker 3: Well, it's enormous.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's the largest tax cut in history. It is a huge bill in terms of deregulation, it's a big bill.
Speaker 3: In terms of energy production.
Speaker 2: It is begun to cut parts of the federal government that need to be cut. All these things wrapped up in one bill, which, frankly I give John Thuon a lot of credit. Getting a bill that big through the Senate that quickly is virtually miraculous. But its impact is going to be felt in every part of America, and it begins.
Speaker 3: To reset some key values.
Speaker 2: It says, you know, if you're able bodied, you ought to be working. Well, that's what we did in the nineties. But the Democrats hated it for some bizarre reason. Democrats don't believe in work and don't want to incentivize work. The bill provides that we're not going to pay tax money for illegal immigrants, and again the Democrats hated that because they want to give our tax money away to anybody who shows up. So you go down the list and you realize this is a very powerful, remarkable bill. It's going to take months and months to totally work its way through the system, but when it's done, it will have moved America decisively away from the corrupt establishment that we have been saddled with. And towards a very different future.
Speaker 1: Have the Democrats lost their way? They seem completely lost. They don't seem to be in favor of anything, only opposing everything that Donald Trump does and stands for.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think that's fair. Look, I mean, with all due respect, greg they are in favor of transgenders competing in women's sports. They are in favor of open borders. They are in favor of defunding ICE. They are in favor of a week America overseas. I mean, there are a lot of things they favor. I mean, if you look at their newest great leader, who mamdanas, who is Mam Donnie Brother, who favors getting rid of all the billionaires in New York, wants to radically raise taxes, favors a government run grocery store.
Speaker 3: You get down the list and you.
Speaker 2: Think, I mean, this guy is like nuts, but he's probably going to be the Democratic mayor of New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you're right about that. And you know, he calls himself a socialist. But when you look at what he advocates, particularly, you know, taking overall manufacturing and production, that's straight out of Karl Marx. He and Jonathan Turley wrote about this. He said, you know, Mandami is a Marxist, and of course anybody who's read Higgel and Marx know that the ultimate goal of Marxism is communism. And you know that. I envision a New York City. It's going to wake up the day after the election and be mortified. And they should only blame themselves because if the last election is anything like the one coming forward, which had like twenty three percent of people actually voting, they're going to have buyers remorse on the first day, aren't they.
Speaker 2: Well, I look, I think what you're going to see is people who are rational will leave. I mean, New York could have the biggest exodus in its history. And you have to ask yourself, given the failure of communism in Cuba, Venezuela, Russia, why.
Speaker 3: Would you think this is going to work.
Speaker 2: Why would you think that a government run grocery store is going to be better than the private sector? And you just have to wonder, and how do these people manage to avoid learning?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, I mean it's it befuddles me. I'm confounded at what has become of New York. Let me shift over to what has been our top story in the last hour. In this criminal investigation by the Department of Justice and the FBI into John Brennan and James Comy. You know, it's been a long time coming. I wrote two books about it, The Russia Hoax and witch Hunt, and I identify all the crimes that I suspect people like Comy and Brennan and all the others have committed. People Democrats will say this is retribution, it's vengeance by Trump. No, isn't it upholding the rule of law?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 2: I mean I would say, what are we supposed to do if we discover that the head of the CIA and the head of the FBI deliberately and willfully broke the law, knew they were breaking the law and did it for political purposes. I mean, I shrug your shoulders and say, hope you have a nice gament. I think it's absolutely totally correct and an example of the rule of law. To investigate them, to indict them. They have every right and defend themselves in court. And I think the trial candidly, I think the trial will be fascinating and.
Speaker 3: You will have a heyday.
Speaker 2: But explaining it to the American people, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I called it the dirtiest political trick in American history, this collusion, delusion that was perpetrated by people like Comy and Brennan and Hillary Clinton who financed it, and so many others were involved. I mean, you're you're a professor of politics. Would you agree that this has to rank among the dirtiest political tricks ever?
Speaker 2: Well, it's among the most frightening because if you have your national police force, which is the FB, and you have the center of your intelligence system, which is the CIA, and the top two people are actively plotting against the president, I say, I mean, this is the stuff of novels and movies.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know this, this.
Speaker 2: Is totally it's virtually it really verges on treason what they were doing.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the irony, of course, is it was John Brennan who publicly accused Donald Trump of treason. New Gingrich, I want to thank you so much. You've got a wonderful endorsement by President Trump of your brand new book. It's called Trump's Triumph, America's Greatest Comeback. It comes out today. You can order it online, go to your local bookstore. Former Speaker of the House, Nuke Gingrich, many thanks for being with.
Speaker 3: Us today with you.
Speaker 1: We're gonna pause and take a quick break on Greg Jarrett filling in for Sean Hannity. Give us a call pretty soon. We'll be taking your phone calls one eight hundred nine four one seven three two six. The number is one eight hundred nine four one Sean. Look forward to your calls in your comments. Welcome back to the Sean Hennity Sewan, Greg Jared filling in for Sean Today and tomorrow, sean artist, working guy in television news is taking a little break. He richly deserves it. And coming up next. I'm looking at the board. We've got a bunch of people and we're gonna hear from them. Harla, Norm, Matt, Jim. If you'd like to make a comment or ask a question, all you have to do is give us a call or number is one eight hundred nine four one seven three two six one eight hundred nine four one Sean, And when we come back, we're gonna hear from Harla and then Norm, Matt and Jim. Hey, welcome back to the Sean Hennity Show. I Greg Jared filling in for Sean Today. We have a lot of callers. We're going to get to right away. You can follow me on social media on x formerly Twitter at Greg Jarrett. I've got a new column out today, a new CIA report finally reveals the secret plot to take down Donald Trump, and of course it comes on the heels of late yesterday's breaking news that the FBI and the Department of Justice have opened criminal investigations into the former CIA director John Brennan and the former disgraced FBI director James Comey. So you can read that on social media on x or you can go to my website Vgreg Jarrett dot com. Let's go to our callers. Harla joins us from Doylesburg, Pennsylvania. Harla, thanks so much for waiting and appreciate your phone call. Do you have a question or comment?
Speaker 6: I just like to comment that I'm a six of Sean Show and I really enjoyed your interview style with Nus being rich that you just did today.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, that's very nice of you. You know, Nude is such a learned person, and you know he he is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to American politics and American history. Of course, he used to be a history professor before he became a member of Congress and later Speaker of the House. But you know, he's uncommonly eloquent and yet very direct with plain language, and his books are all worth reading. Thanks so much. Did you have any other questions or comment, Harlow.
Speaker 6: Well, I definitely believe what's going on with what they're discovering today. But you were talking about I'm a big saying certain writers, as you knowedge story, and they would believe it's because it's what they would write about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's funny. I have often made the remark similar to yours, Harlowe, that I mean, you couldn't make this up unless you were writing detective fiction or some sort of spy novel. And you know, I love fiction. I mostly read nonfiction, but I read books by Michael Connolly, John Grisham, Dan Brown. Recently I read seven books by Daniel Silva, who is such a fine, fine writer. And you know, I don't think any of those terrific authors could have come up with a plot as devious as this was against Donald Trump, the Russia hoax, And if anybody wants to read more about it, my second book on the subject called witch Hunt, The Story of the Greatest Mass Delusion, in American political history. I invite you to read it. You can buy it on Amazon dot Com or it's in many bookstores as well. Harlaw, thanks so much for your phone called. Norm joins us from Long Island. Hey Norm, how are you good?
Speaker 5: Afternoon? Hi? I'm good. I had a couple of questions. The first one is what's going on with Letitia James. You know, we heard a lot about it. It was fun page in the New York Post, and now you don't hear anything going on of being and dieted ear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's interesting. There is, of course, the Department of Justice lawsuit against Attorney General Letitia James the Age in New York for obstructing federal immigration and enforcement and deportation. There is also a criminal investigation that was launched against Letitia James based on allegations of mortgage fraud that in order to get favorable terms, she lied about a variety of things. Now that is still pending, And of course we are also waiting for the Appellate court in New York to completely knock out or knock down the case she brought against Donald Trump, in which she accuses accused him ironically of loan fraud and tried to put him out of business. And you know, I listened into some of the appellate arguments and it was pretty clear that the judges weren't buying what Latsia James sold. And so we're waiting for that decision to probably overturn some, if not all, of the judgment against the Trump organization. So thanks for your call. I was wondering the same thing. Matt joins us now from Massachusetts. Hey, Matt, how are you.
Speaker 4: I'm good, Greg, and it's great to talk to you. It's a two part question. As a lawyer, I believe the CIA head and the FBI had score and old uphold the constitution and the laws of the country. And also the politicians that allowed this evade in a dangerous criminals into the United States to cause hav it. Now they also swore an old and I don't know under the law. Is that high crimes and misdemeanors and considered treason or is it not.
Speaker 1: Well, it's an interesting question, and high crimes and misdemeanors relates to impeachment, but both Brennan and Comy are no longer in office, so that doesn't really apply. Treason but the first pot yeah, I mean, look, ironically, it was Brennan who accused Trump of treason, and then, of course, when the Mule Report came out and found that there was no collusion conspiracy, Brenn sheeefishly on television said, oh gee, I guess I had bad information, but it was worse than that. And your point is is well taken, Matt, because you know, if you are abusing the reins of power and breaking the law in the process, it could constitute a number of different crimes, deprivation of rights under color of law, perjury, false statements, fraud upon the government. Whether it's treason, I tend to doubt. I'm not a fan of treason cases. They tend not to succeed when it comes to political activities. So we'll wait and see what happens. You know, this criminal investigation should have happened a long time ago, but with Merrick Garland as the Attorney General under Joe Biden, of course, all of it was swept under the rog and he spent most of his time as Attorney General trying to protect Hunter Biden and those who conspired with Hunter Biden and the Biden family to basically sell out the presidency and the vice presidency of Joe Biden for financial gain. You know, I think that is something that the pardons that Biden issued Hunter and five of his family members notwithstanding, should still be investigated. Let me go to Earl on our phone line, he joins us now from Indiana. Hi, Earl, how are you.
Speaker 3: I'm very well.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much, sir. I appreciate what you say and and especially your legal responses on everything, but I'd like to tell you that I was born very, very poor. My father was a orl field laborer, had six major back operations. My mother in and out the hospital for ten years because of the list I feel your surgery. So my brother and I were ultimately raised between my maternal and po paternal grandparents. I got a job after high school, attending Rights High School and in Evansville, Indiana, and I got a job and saw a ride to the airport two dollars. I took a ride.
Speaker 5: I was hoped.
Speaker 7: I was only making twelve to fifty week at the time, and I was hoped on flying. I eventually got my private poets commercial bonds because of four of the people at the airport took up a collection sent me to burn Moral, Baltimare, where I received my flight Instructors rating. So I have just under six thousand dollars flying time. But I say this because I so God's been so good to me.
Speaker 5: I have a.
Speaker 7: Fastor's master's and I was working with my doctor at Indiana University, taking legal courses and all of that. But when I was first able to vote, I voted for John F. Kennedy. I think a very conservative Democrat, but quite frankly, the Liberal Democratic Party left me since I've been a very very conservative Republican and I want to say that I backed President Trump and everything he does. I want to say I'm also a member of the MST, the only LST worn on the Ohio River Leos the sailing the Orders in the United States. I remember that group. But I must see God Christ President Trump and everything he is as people are doing, and God bless America.
Speaker 1: Well, God bless you. You've had an incredible life and you've achieved a great many things, and thank you for sharing that with us. You know, you bring up John F.
Speaker 3: Kennedy.
Speaker 1: It's so interesting how Democrats have changed over the years. You know, it was the Democrats who lobbied against civil rights, and it was also John F. Kennedy who enforced civil rights. And he also cut taxes, and his theory famously was that a rising tide lifts all boats, and that you know, if you cut taxes for even the wealthy, they're the job creators through their businesses. You know, they're the ones who put money in people's pockets. And if the government's taking away all that money, there is no entrepreneurship, there is no investment in research and development and expanding corporate America, which provides jobs. And Kennedy understood economics. It's sad that Democrats don't. They want to continue to raise taxes, which is why they opposed the Big Beautiful Bill, which if it hadn't been passed, would have raised taxes. They would have reverted back to pre Trump first term taxes. So, you know, I think Democrats need to study a little bit more of history and economics. But if they want to bankrupt America, if they on open borders, in a welfare state and free everything, that ain't gonna end. Well, let me go to my next caller and Earl, thank you for that. Our next caller is Jim from Minnesota. Hey Jim, how are you?
Speaker 8: Hey Greg? This is I'm from Wisconsin. I'm just I'm a trucker. I'm driving two Minnesota. I got a statement, two quick questions. My statement is is, please keep track of Tim Walls. You're such a great investigative journalist. That guy is so corrupt and he wants to be president. So keep keep track of Tim Walls, the governor of Minnesota. Here's my two quick questions. Is there anything Trump and the executive branch can do with these role district judges legally other than impeachment? We're wasting so much of our taxpayer money going all the way to Supreme Court. Supreme Court keeps overturning these district judges. There's anything legally they can do to get rid of these judges so that they quit. You know, they're obviously political, they're not going by the rule Wall. And then my second question, I thought of what one of your other callers was. Can't a police officer legally go against his mayor or his governor when they're telling him he can't help ice. Isn't he also supposed, just like a military person, supposed to uphold the rule of law.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, look, most sheriffs, but not a wall, and police chiefs again not a wall, are elected. I'm from Los Angeles, where you know the sheriff is elected. I think the police chief is not. But no, I mean they have a duty to enforce the law and they should do that. And likewise, I think your point is well taken about judges. For example of this, Massachusetts judge in Deira Tawane just recently blocked Trump's administration from cutting off Planned Parenthood funding, even though the Supreme Court just about ten days ago said the Trump administration can cut off funding of Planned parenthood. That is a serious ethical violation and it would merit impeachment proceedings of a federal judge. Fifteen have been impeached, and some of them for ethical violations. We'll be right back with more of your phone calls. One eight hundred and nine to four to one seventy three, twenty six. Give us a call and we're back with a Sean Hennity, Shawn, Greg Jared filling in for Sean. We've been taking some of your phone calls and I'm looking at the board. We've got John and Lewis and Mark standing by, and I'll ask you to stand by if you would just a little bit longer. I've got a great interview coming up with Mike Howlows, president of the Oversight Project. We're going to be talking about the auto pen scandal and the investigation into President Joe Biden's declining mental health. You're not going to believe what happened today during an investigation hearing. Will be right back with more of your phone calls. Don't go away.