Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody, the Fantasy Bros. M LB. This is Leading Off Live, brought you by Bet three six five. It's me Joey P. That of course is the Welsh, and it's you, the Peanuts and the Crackerjacks joining us live here on the show. I feel a little better than yesterday. I feel like in my head I sound like a cross between Harvey Feierstein and Jimminy Glick, that old character that Martin Short used to play that I'm a big fin of and how we talked about the shoe. So I'm just gonna talk like this today because my allergies have been killing me for the last twenty four hours, but nobody cares. Nobody cares about me. They care about my home run calls that they care about because ooh wait, somebody Welsh, somebody I don't know who, but somebody's at the top of the board. Oh wait, it's me. It's me. It's joe E P at the top of the home run board. Much to the chagrin of everybody, getting closer and closer to breaking that Vladimir Guerrero bet over my leg? What say you? Well?
Speaker 2: I do love that you're here, locking into that that you are gonna break, Like that's the idea that because people get like super mad about that. Yeah, I love the idea full bow Jackson boom. Yeah, it's the worst part of April's my month. This is supposed to be my good month, Like, hey, betting birthday a that Now it's the worst part. You just you're at the tippy top of the leader board. I don't know what to do about it. I'm the worst home run call we are? What the hell's today?
Speaker 1: Thursday?
Speaker 2: Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Today's Thursday.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are two more days away from me implementing a wheel next week to start picking my home run calls. I literally am just going to start spinning a wheel to pick them. I am this bad. I'm so bad, so bad.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know what your process is for the home run calls.
Speaker 2: It's a lot.
Speaker 1: Well maybe maybe you do less. My process is looking at the pictures with heavy flyball rates, looking at good BVP numbers, looking at good ballpark factor. Like I just try to like hone in on a couple of things, and I just go, eh, that guy, now here's the problem. I've been terrible in the betting world the last two days. Just just miserable after an incredible opening week, Just misery. So if I had just been you know, I don't know, smart, and been betting all these home runs, I'd be way in the positive.
Speaker 2: Oh your ROI would be a lot better if you You know what my thing always has been. If I feel really confident about a homer and this is why I haven't been doing it, is I'll play their total bass. So if I love a homer guy big time. I'm not a big like bet the home runs. I bet their total bases or whatever. But yeah, whatever, Oh Joe, look at me. I'm job's a b I call the home runs.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, heyo, hey yo, what's up everybody? All right, let's get to the headlines. Let's start with Jackson Holiday made his debut. I got to see a little of it. Got back from football practice last night. Got to see some Jackson Holiday. Little misplay there, little miscommunication in the outfield. But a very exciting, energetic player I know is oh four. He did have an RBI in there against the Red Sox, but like it he is. He brings an energy and a pulse, which is a very exciting thing. He's gonna be fine. Like the over four. I mean, don't worry about it at all. So we want to officially congratulate Jackson Holiday on the show here with his major league debut. As you can see, he is a tasty snack. Hopefully you're watching on the YouTube channel because I always said that Jackson Holliday did always remind me a little bit of Little Debbie and our little credible graphics, Little Holly, Little Holly, little Hollidy.
Speaker 2: I was gonna use his first name, but then I was like, that's not gonna go well, so little Holly, so little Holly.
Speaker 1: There was that controversy too, is it Lil Debbie or little Debbie? I know that's always one that we've done here on the past.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think it's little.
Speaker 1: Isn't you think as little? Is that what it is? But regardless, congratulations to Jackson Holiday making his major league debut. By the way, I also last year, everybody knows who watches on the YouTube channel, I like to have some fun with AI, and last year we had some very creepy pictures with AI made somewhere are actually pretty good. Fun with AI did go awry at times.
Speaker 2: If you have Jackson Holiday eating Debbie snacked.
Speaker 1: I'm out, whoa, whoa, it's it's a family show. No, what I did was I put into the AI machine. Can you give me a picture of Jackson Holliday from the Orioles uh combined with Little Debbie? And this is what it gave me. And it's adorable. Look how cute that little kid is. Look at that? I mean, this is why you watch on the YouTube channel like we're a baseball show, but we're also a fun show. And would you eat the snack cakes there if they were like if that was the face of Little Debbie going forward, if they had a boy versions sud of the little cute girl, I would still buy the snacks if they switched over, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm gonna be honest with I don't think a picture of a boy or girl is gonna affect my snack eating. But it is a it's a very nice looking for, very cute looking for probably exactly how Jackson Holiday was.
Speaker 1: As a kid, but exactly like a little kid like that.
Speaker 2: That's the creepy stuff.
Speaker 1: That's Look how far AI is coming a year of the show like that c Zagna together, which was just the worst thing ever. But yeah, there you go speaking of some of the best and worst things ever. Ellie de la Cruz, that was my guy yesterday, solo homer, two for three. He is read hot right now. And here's a lesson, folks about April. Edward Julian against Bobby millerfall people yesterday three for four with a pair of homers. Yesterday Vinnie Pasquentino, my cousin, Vinnie three for three with a homer, a double five ribbies, a career high for him. And Tristan Kasas, who everybody's been just freaking out about. He had a home run, two run dinger for him yesterday. It's only April. It's the eleventh of April. Those are three guys, and I think a lot of people were starting to get a little itchy about again. I saw people yesterday in the chat talking about dropping Vinnie pas Quentino, whatever terrible idea that would be. We tried to tell people, don't do that, and this is why you wait. It's the eleventh of April now, and I think it's a good lesson to understand, like, you can't overreact in April to slow starts with guys, because if it happened in the middle of June or the middle of July, nobody would even care if they had a bad week. Welsh, what'd you think about those three performances? Which one stood out to you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, I for the most part agree with what you're saying. I mean, the overarching theme is like you should not absolutely freak out, especially to that level where you're like, I'm done with him, I gotta get rid of him. I'm gonna cut him. That's the stuff that it's like, no, no, no, hold up. You're allowed to be frustrated. You're allowed to bench him. You know, if you're in a daily format and you want to bench for a couple of days, or even a weekly format maybe you know NFBC, you start back up on Friday, you want to do that. If I drive a guy in the top one hundred, there's no chance in April I'm cutting the guy unless he's hurt. Tommy John all your pictures. If I had a guy like in the one fifty one eighty range, I'm probably still not doing that through April. Maybe I'm gonna just bench. So the overarching theme is correct, you know, is Venny gonna be one hundred percent fine? I don't know I'm not the biggest any guy. Hard hit numbers are down. He is not barreling the ball at all, but it is early. I think Tristicasus is the one that jumps out to me. He was a guy that I said is going to bounce back. I think I put him in my trade video like I think I've been saying. I think he's going to have that big bounce back thirty plus home r Ends season. I believe is in the books. Edward Judlian we both love. But I would also take this to the other side for the rookies. I we didn't really talk about Jackson Holliday. You kind of moved past it after the creepy little DeBie pictures and everything like that. But I I think they were adorable. They were, Yeah, it's it's adorable, but it's like adorable and like.
Speaker 1: AI pictures are a little bit unsettling. I think that is day but.
Speaker 2: Also like the creepy thought of like packaging of a little little Jackson Holiday, like I'm gonna eat this Jackson Holiday bar that's all kind of but the same thing with that, like you know, there are people out there that are like, ah, Jackson, Howdy stunk. He sucks, oh for four.
Speaker 1: This is why he didn't break camp with him, because he's over four.
Speaker 2: Over hyped. You could clearly tell that was a lot in that game for like a twenty year old. He had a bad misque in the outfield, a little behind on pitches in Fenway Park. Like, I think he's gonna be fine. His approaches were good hitting nine. So with all these guys, yeah, yeah, take take a seat your top echelant, top one fifty players. Don't be quick and push them out, because yeah, you're gonna have these big performances.
Speaker 1: We talked about where he would hit in the batting order. Were you surprised that it was nine?
Speaker 2: After I thought about it, Like, no, it's not. I thought it would be six, not nine. A lot of Ale teams have done this for a long time, but everybody does where you know, it's like your second leadoff hitter, you're just getting less at bad. So I think that works. But the one to really come back to of all of them is like Ellie is really putting some stuff together. I still don't think you can maintain like forty percent strikeout rate and hitting like two ninety plus, but it just doesn't matter. He is going to be the anomaly guy that is gonna hit two forty, two, thirty two fifty somewhere in there, and he's gonna put up monster monster stats. But you have to be able to stomach it. So I think he is for a more specific type of fantasy owner because we're all like, oh, look at Ellie right now when he's oh for thirty five and eighteen strikeouts. Let's see how those same people are feeling.
Speaker 1: Maybe what happen Like I again over four who cares like it's it's one game. But the thing that always bugs me is this whole You know, you have a young player who makes good contact, and just because of whatever you know, the certain you know, managers of things in their heads about baseball. Look, you want a young player to be successful, give him lineup protection. That's it. You want to hit him eight nine in the lineup. It's not gonna be as helpful. Yeah, you're gonna turn it over eventually, but still you want to got to get off with two good start, Hit him towards the top of the order, Hit him in front of somebody where is gonna see some strikes, and good things are gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you're gonna also have Gunner. He has Gunner hitting right behind him. That's why the run opportunities could be really interesting.
Speaker 1: I just want to start him off better, that's all. You know. By the time of the lineup cycles, you look at Jake Watkins. I had someone drop Louis Castillo. What why would someone do that? I snapped him up and I already have Kirby two. Now that's funny. That's funny. So there you go. Now, Jerry Nelson says, what about uh, mister Nolan Jones, And I say, well, this is exactly what we're gonna talk about. Nolan Jones over five through strikeouts yesterday, hitting the Bucks fifty seven right now. He did put the ball in play at the end of the game with bases loaded, but still perfect example. It's April buy him everywhere. He is not that bad of a hitter. We all know that because we saw it last year. So uh again, here's Norman saying that Nolan Jones got dropped in my daily fab league. How much do I spend on him? A quarter of my budget. I don't even know if you have to spend that much, but I think you should Welsh. Do you think it's gonna take a quarter of your budget to get Nolan Jones back on someone's team?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean this is that top one hundred guy. I think if you would be doing him, people are going percenting it. This is a tough one. This is a really tough one for me because I'm not an Olan Jones guy.
Speaker 1: I'm come on, come on, you're not Nolan Jones guy. But come on, buf fifty seven. I'm not a buff fifty seven hitter.
Speaker 2: No, No, I think there's anomalies here. He has barrel. He was a fifteen percent barrel percentage guy. He's at three percent right now. Like that's not gonna maintain. But but and his hard hit numbers, by the way, higher than last year over a fifty percent hard hit rate. But here's the problem. Expect a batting average is one to eighty right now. He's got a forty percent strikeout rate for a guy that is, you know, gonna walk a bunch and on bass and blah blah blah. Not only he's not making contact, but he's swinging through absolutely everything. But I do believe a decent amount of it doesn't make sense in the long term, So sure I would buy into him, but I'm not like, go and buy Nolan Jones everywhere, blah blah. I would pick him up. I absolutely would be aggressive because I do think he'll turn it around. But I said this in the offseason. Don't be disappointed when over an entire year Nolan Jones does what he did last year. In the partial of the year, I think he can be a twenty twenty ish guy. I think somebody just asked, did they ask this? No, they didn't, but I thought this is interesting. Cossus versus Nolan Jones. They were saying they're sitting Jones for Casus right now. I would take Trista Cossas rest of season over Nolan Jones. But I still think Nolan Jones can be a top one hundred player.
Speaker 1: Nolan Jones, you can give you a stolen basis costas and roto. I don't think I take that importance.
Speaker 2: It was like getting him low. If you can get Nolan Jones off of a wire or someone's just like, this is ridiculous and I'm off of it. Yeah, yeah, sure give that to me, but I'm not gonna pay, you know, ninety cents on the dollar for Nolan Jones because I wasn't in draft season.
Speaker 1: Look, I know Nolan Jones wasn't your guy to start the year, and you're being very diplomatic here about it, and that's a good thing. But I do believe that, like you said, you know, the baseball's a game of streaks. We know this. No One Jones is going to have a hash rig in here somewhere. So if you got dropped in your league, I would go up to thirty percent. I don't think you're going to miss that. And I think the best part is you're gonna get all the good stuff. You're gonna get one of those red hot months coming at some point. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you take off the first two weeks of what Nolan Jones has done and that the production is better and it's Colorado. I mean, like Colorado, It's gonna matters. Yeah. What I'm encouraged about if people are sitting here, I'm encouraged about the hard hit numbers still being there. I'm also encouraged that the barrel numbers don't make sense. They literally don't make sense for the type of player he is. So when he starts barreling with big hard hit numbers, you know, hard hit numbers are sometimes that tall tale sign of like if you make contact. That's why I like Jum Hulee. Hard hit numbers look really good. Things are gonna start happening for him. Things will start happening of data.
Speaker 1: That's the hard part about right now is they don't have a lot of going by the way. You want to see the face of encouragement because it looks like this. Hey everybody, Yeah, oh boy, I'm so excited. I'm excited about baseball. You guys excited about baseball. Gee wizze, oh whiz, gee whiz everybody.
Speaker 2: I just want to against Cutter Crawford.
Speaker 1: He's good. Dolly. That hard hit rate sure is high.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to walk.
Speaker 1: Hilarious. Jordan Hicks, he's encouraging. Uh. Six innings one earned victory over the Gnats. Strikeouts were a little disappointing yesterday, but still Jordan Hicks continues to be National again.
Speaker 2: Dude, I go under. You'll under on strikeouts against the Nationals. Anytime you get a high strikeout picture, the numbers are always still big. You play unders and they cash that attack the Nationals opposing picture, and if they're guys like Jordan Hicks. They're just gonna push what but but you know, Hicks has been awesome, by the way, just want to point out, like as a reliever, he has jumped right into that. Yeah, you absolutely loved him. He's moving from like you know, streamable type of guy to someone you continuously hold him put out there every day.
Speaker 1: I I I still am also on the camp of when you get to Memorial Day you start shopping him around because you don't want to be on the back end here with Hicks of the season. In redraft leagues, you gotta be more proactive, and there's enough pitching injury. Like if you could somehow turn Jordan Hicks into a really good, solid everyday player who's underperform in the first half of the season or first two months, you do that trade because Hicks is going to be limited. He's not gonna throw one hundred and fifty innings like that's never gonna happen.
Speaker 2: He needs a couple more games to rattle ze good Memorial Day games.
Speaker 1: And Memorial Day you don't want to wait too long where everybody's worried about the innings. You want to wait just long enough where he's got a good good resume built up, and there's still future ahead where people aren't worrying too much. That's why I said end of May, because if you wait till July, it might be too long of a wait. Dylan Cees didn't have to wait for a good outing for him. He's I got a two one six ra now point eight four whip, twenty strikeouts, six walks in sixteen and two thirds innings three starts. Been really good for Dylan, sees Logan Gilbert, ironically, Welsh's least favorite Mariner pitcher, has been the best Mariner pitcher arguably. Blue Jay has just scored one run in seven two thirds, struck out eight yesterday, Tanner Biby, not a good start for him, laboring yesterday five runs given up for him in four and a third innings. That era is up to five nine three, the whip is at one point eight three. Now, the strikeout to walk grates still very Tanner Bibby, it's two to one. It's fifteen to eight over thirteen innings, so that's very strong to me. If the strikeout walk grate is strong, I'm buying what are you doing with Tanner Biby.
Speaker 2: My wheels are turning to ask you who would you rather have rest of season, Jordan Hicks or Tanner byby Tanner Biby.
Speaker 1: I'd see I had zero chills, zero hesitation on that because I think Tanner Biby is gonna give me one hundred and fifty innings this year.
Speaker 2: I think that might be training pitcher for pitcher. Sometimes is whatever.
Speaker 1: No, that's a good question. I kind of answer like Jeff Goldblum, though.
Speaker 2: I went I had somebody last night message me going.
Speaker 1: That you ask a question, yes about impressures, two pictures and and the irony. The irony is one young one also young one reliever, one starter but now converted into starter. Lots of things colliding. Yes, this is.
Speaker 2: Good if your your voice is like one hundred percent normal. Doubt my voice so bad right now? I can't that's an A plus one. But I had somebody hit me up last night going, oh, man, I think I'm gonna regret not keeping Cutter Crawford over Tanner Bibey. And I was like, I think will be okay. This is another one of those numbers look absurd with Tanner Biby, he hasn't expected e Ra. That's two runs higher. Than his actual era, which is five nine. He's giving up more than double barrels than he did last year, which is pretty ridiculous. And his vilo is down, his velo is down about a mile prower. So I think there are general like worries that are gonna be out there, but some of these are just too bombastic. They're too much that I think, like, if Tanner Biby's being cut, I would pick him up. Hold see if these things, you know, pick back up on the back half. But yeah, I don't. I don't think he's as bad as the numbers are currently telling us.
Speaker 1: I don't think so either, So we'll continue to be on that same path with that. All right, A few notes to guys you missed it. The Twins Tigers not happening today, Brewis Red is not happening today. So if you have daily transactions, make your moves, do whatever you gotta do. I had to take Parolta out of a lineup and move them to tomorrow, just for fun, A little fun here, Bo and Josh Naylor both hit home runs in the same inning yesterday and brothers did it on siblings Day. Welsh. What a feel good story, you know, how that makes me feel.
Speaker 2: Like, now, hey, I wish my brother was here. Ethan is gonna be a number one pick. We're gonna be hitting homers for years and years. Oh little sorry, he's turning into what was the Saturday Night Live character? Oh no, mister Bill, I'm turning him into mister Bill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 2: Jose A.
Speaker 1: Bray You was dropped to the eighth spot in the lineup. He's hitting zero eighty eight with a one sixty two on base and a zero eighty eight, slugging zero home runs, zero extra base hits. He's got zero RBI. There's a lot of zero's here. I don't know if I ever remember a player being so consistently good as jose bray You and so just like set your watch and forget it to just falling off the face of the planet.
Speaker 2: You know that term. I've used a lot where the falling knife syndrome, where it's like, you know, you don't want to catch the falling up. This is the this is like the falling This is the one year I remember, you know, my idiocy last year being like, hey, he's going to turn it around, and he was a big bye. Don't draft Matt also because you could get guys like you know, Viadie Pascatino and jose Bray you later and stuff like that, like when he fell off, he fell off and I he's always made really good contact. And Houston's a place where you feel like, you know, you've got a little bit of extra wiggle room to make it work. But I don't know if it's just slow starts or whatever, but a braid is just a nothing burger right now. There's nothing to hold on to. There's nothing to want to manage or be like, hey, should I go and pick up and buy No, there's nothing there.
Speaker 1: I want to say, he's thirty seven now, is that what he is? You know? Although we don't know for sure because sometimes A. Brady was one of the guys that came over from Cuba, so you got a leg you never know exactly how old some of those guys really are. I mean, there's a chance he's seventy four years old. It's very possible, but like so, who knows how that decline goes. But jose A. Brady was a terrific career, one of my favorite players because the guy that always he hit on the road, he hit it home he hit lefties, he hit righties. He was just like he hit in the first F, second F. He was just like great, He's just great. He was one of the guys like, yes, I just want that guy in my fantasy team. It just kind of makes me sad. What doesn't make me sad? Jackson Curio one for three, two RBI and the rookie lookie today. He also had a stolen base in that game. Spencer Adaghetti seven runs at three innings. I tried to warn everybody. I said, let's not go crazy here. I'd even put him. You know, well, sometimes I know the waiver one video comes out. I try to be proactive, and I'm like, oh, let me add this guy regardless Vale of the start is didn't even add him to the waiver wire video. Like, no, I'm not gay.
Speaker 2: I watched some of it. I tried to make it appointment watching. I watched the seven run here two No I know, I mean it got back. I'm saying early, like early, early, like the fastball he was hitting that ninety seven he was throwing. I didn't even know. He was throwing like a cutter inside, which looked pretty decent. And he had the sweeper and sweeper didn't look very good. Didn't look like a good pitch. That's what I said when we were talking about Hi'm like, this is at best a streaming option right now. I trust the work of the astros, but I don't know. If the command isn't there, it's probably not going to be pretty. And it wasn't and he wasn't and he got arrogettied. For sure?
Speaker 1: True or false? We already know I have multiple cousin Vinnie's and a cousin Donnie because he's here on the show. Do I have a cousin Angelo?
Speaker 2: Definitely?
Speaker 1: That is correct.
Speaker 2: Definitely, you look like someone who talks to an Angelo alive.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that is my cousin Angela. It could be, for all I know, he was a huge Yankee fan. My cousin Angela. I don't see him very often. All right, let's get to the up and downs from yesterday before we do. Don't forget everybody, make sure you're placing your bets with bet three sixty five. The sponsor of the show used that promo code leading off bet five bucks, get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets, and remember to drop your comments below because if you do, and you subscribe to Fantasy pros MLB, Yeah, Josey Ramirez autograph, Jersey can be yours again. Subscribe, drop a comment, ring the bell for notifications. That's all you gotta do to win this bad boy. Ups and downs from yesterday, I had to lease gotta see three for three, two doubles, two rebies. Steel He's been great. Corey brad Cody Bradford, excuse me, got Corey brock Cody Bradford seven strikeouts, six and two thirds. Again it's the A's, but still he's been excellent.
Speaker 2: He's I just want to point out real quick, he's I got screwed last night because I had a uh it was like an underdog and I only needed Cody Bradford to not give up.
Speaker 1: You're like not even saying sentences. You're like saying like fragments. I'm rude. John King's underdog.
Speaker 2: I had this. That's what amount on it. He needed to not give up a run in the first Josh Smith screwed to him. They had a double, played it in the inning, threw it out into the outfield. He gets another out and then just a little bink over to the corner his stuff isn't so I got it screwed on that. But Bradford command really good stuff. Isn't like overpowering, but there's good spin numbers, he knows how to hit corners and stuff like that. Pretty dang good picture. Be interesting to see what they do when Michael Lorenzen gets healthy. I'm not sure that's someone I take out of the rotation.
Speaker 1: I'm taking brade for out of rotations. Might well, look when Schurezer comes back, we can have that conversation, but not when Lorenzing comes back, which is Look, it's a good problem for the Texas Rangers to have because when you have some of the other pictures they have in this rotation, you're gonna need depth. At some point, you think John Frey out. Before we get to the other one too. Razor Ramon has a question here how much FAB for holiday? So if you're in one of those leagues where you couldn't draft rookies or whatever they is, how much Let's say you've gotten ninety dollars left in FAB out of one hundred what he's been.
Speaker 2: I would probably, I mean, I think you have to start at twenty five percent. I just think he's polarizing. This could be tough because I probably in most FAB based leagues. Yeah, I probably want to save a lot of my money for pitching Paul schemes. I don't know, like probably, like I tend to spend fab really early in seasons. I know a lot of people like to save it. I like to be really hyper aggressive. Yeah, I think thirty to thirty five, So that's probably like somewhere between thirty and forty percent somewhere in there. But don't be shocked if someone over overdoes it.
Speaker 1: Now Tim thinks he's a funny guy. He said, I'm pretty sure I spotted Joe in an episode of Sopranos yesterday. Fun fact, my agent did send me for an audition for Sopranos. It was for one yeah, but the agent I was working with at the time. I was a professional actor for many years. I was never a big Sopranos fan because having grown up in the real neighborhoods, I knew the real, authentic stuff, and to me.
Speaker 2: That show was a little bit so you got sent to like one or.
Speaker 1: You did head line. Yeah, I had one line, and I was like really, And the best part is I went to the casting director, which by the way, was Christopher Walken's wife was the UH casting director for Sopranos. Fun fact, So in the casting office of all this stuff, I have the one line, like I could do this, Like I went to you know, I went to the British American Dramatic Arts Academy. I think I can handle the one ye here like I got this. You know what. No, here's the funny part. The funny part is they give me all the instruction about you know, slate blah blah blah, here's your mark. And then he said, and try to keep it simple. And all I kept thinking of was what has everybody been doing in this room for the last six hours with this one line, not keeping it simple? That they felt compelled to tell me to keep this one line simple? It was hilarious.
Speaker 2: Did I get what you should have done?
Speaker 1: They ended up. I remember my dad watching because I saw the line and he said, yeah, he was some like five hundred pounds you know, to drool from the neighborhood. You know, they just that's what they wanted. They didn't want actors.
Speaker 2: You miss an opportunity when she's keep it simple, you should have been like, forget about it.
Speaker 1: The car is here, Rusty. That was the that was the line. Actually, remember, oh, you.
Speaker 2: Know we need to do we need to track down some big giant whale human was somebody find that clip for us as the guy saying there.
Speaker 1: You go, there you go, that's there you go, peanuts and crackage and then.
Speaker 2: Well Ai Joe's face on the big fat guy and then we'll have him live out his dream.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to the arrest of the up Michael Bush to run Homer for him. You know, he is still rostered in just like sixty percent of leagues. I was looking yesterday. That's absurd, Like that guy should be picked up everywhere. I don't know why he's not. Here's the three down Hunter Green, what a weird day. Gave up seven runs but struck out nine guys Like that is like quintessential Hunter Green. For me, I feel like where you just you don't know what to do with this guy. Another class example of this guy who can throw, but a guy who can't pitch, like you.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know it's with him, is not play around with it. I'll always have in my head when he was because he was out here for a while, out in Arizona because he was like hurt and he was in you know, pitching and rookie ball and just recovering that there was a minor leagueer. It was actually at the Angel Stadium the Tempe Diablo that a minor leaguer told me when I brought up Hunter Green, was like, he has really is a really good fastball because it's one oh one, but it's straight. It's the most hittable hundred fastball I've ever seen. And this was like a rookie level guy, and that's always stuck out to me. But that's why he went to the heavy slider early on. It just he hasn't refined. It's probably gonna take location years for him.
Speaker 1: If he could take a couple of miles off and locate the fastball, you'd be much better off. Tim wants me to do the one line as Jeff Goldblum. So here we go, get try out. Excuse me, Rusty, the car is here. It's here.
Speaker 2: I think that's what she meant by keeping it simple.
Speaker 1: They're probably Jeff Goldblum and I had the same acting teacher. Also a fun fact, there you.
Speaker 2: Go, there you go, name droppies.
Speaker 1: Finally, after all these years of listening to Welsh talk about spring training and Aclie hanging out with this guy and Manny Machado and I had, you know, we went to Fridays and had you know.
Speaker 2: I got some music ones I could talk about. I've always wanted to act and say, can we have that as a bucket list? I want to if there's a movie producer out there, put Joe and I in something, just anything, Give me just one more line than Joe.
Speaker 1: Also down Ross strippling six runs, five strikeouts and six of the things that Kyle Hendrix seven runs. Injuries, not too many today to talk about. Lars Newbarr expected to be active. We talked about this yesterday. We predicted this weekend looks like Friday, So there you go. Cutter Crawford tweaked his knee, so we'll keep an eye on that one. Nathaniel Lowe with the oblique it took live batting practice, so that's good. Moving in the right direction there. And Garrett Cole is going to play catch on Thursday. Isn't that nice? You know he's gonna play catch with what who? This guy?
Speaker 2: Someone already is getting mad about us doing this, like, hey, Gary cool, Yeah you say long standing thing. Are you let's have a catch type of guy? Because I'm a let's just throw a baseball.
Speaker 1: That's how I that's when you say to your son, let's go throw a baseball.
Speaker 2: Baseball around.
Speaker 1: But a lot of people are like, let's you want to throw the ball around? Yes, play catch. Have a catch doesn't offend me. But it was not a phrase that we used, like you want to have a catch, you want to play catch like you play. I don't like it at all, actually like it. Bothers like let's go cards is very serious about it. It's play catch in four capitol letters.
Speaker 2: Play play. Yeah, okay, I don't know. If you're a have a catch guy, then you're like the little Debbie picture.
Speaker 1: To me, Beef says, I'd be a great villain in a Batman movie. There you go, the pizza delivery guy that.
Speaker 2: Went Milan in any movie for sure.
Speaker 1: Always played the villain. That's what I did. And look, I gotta play the hero here because I gotta pull some things out. Because it's that time again, boys and girls, It's time for the Best Bets of the Day with Joey p and the Welsh right here from Bet three sixty five. Make sure you use bet three six five, use that promo code leading off, get five dollars, bet in there, get one hundred and fifty and bonus bets and Welsh and I need to get off the schneid. It's been a tough, really just brutal couple days here on the channel. Here we got to get back into the home run. Call has been good, the betting has been spotty. So I'm gonna go right to the betting Pros prop bet cheat sheet today and I'm gonna keep it simple. I'm gonna go back to the bots. We talked about AI in the beginning of the show today. Now it's time to use the AI and use all the intelligence that we have at Fantasy Pros and betting Pros. So I'm gonna go with Kansas City on the money line plus one twenty against Houston. Brady Singer has been really good. Hunter Brown has been spotty, so I'm gonna continue to roll with Brady Singer in this one. Corey seeger over one and a half total basis, you get this at even money right now, So I like that one. So does the betting Pros prop bet cheat sheet. And also Bobby Junior over one and a half total bases today minus won ten simple little duo parlay of the day Texas money Line minus one eighty against the lowly Oakland A's and the KC money Line. If I already like Brady Singer, I might as well be all in here. Kansas City money Line plus one twenty are getting plus money against Houston, which is tough. Again, Houston's a good team, but I think we can get a w here today. You put those two things together and you get plus two thirty four. So Kansas City money Line put it with the Texas money line, and then Corey Seeger Bobby went over on the total basis, welch, what do you have for the people today?
Speaker 2: By the way, I almost had at one point I deleted it, but I had the Kansas City first five money line? Was it that that I was interested? Everything I liked was in that Milwaukee game, by the way, So I kind of got screwed by the Milwaukee rainout.
Speaker 1: So here's what I got a lot of excuses here, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's excuses. I mean, hey, I have been horrible and betting. You've been guarded the home run hitter I read hot red.
Speaker 1: Hot opening week, stone cold in week two.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm median. I'm median line right now. I was pretty dead even yesterday, just absolutely screwed right at the end. But we'll turn it to today. I've got the Pittsburgh Phillies first five total runs. It's at four and a half, and I'm taking the over. Pittsburgh's actually really good against lefties right now. They've got i think the second highest run total against lefties all season. And I know Jered Jones has been awesome and I think he'll still continuously be good. But one thing he does do is he pounds that fastball high up in the zone and a little hint to what's coming later. I do think there's an opportunity for guys like Harper and Schwarber to be able to get to him. So I'm taking the first five innings and i'm going over four and a half. That's around minus twenty, you can find it. I'm also taking another first five, first five innings Boston Baltimore. I'm taking those total runs four and a half, and now I'm going under Grayson Rodriguez and Garrett Whitlock. It's a pretty dang good matchup. They both aren't high end first five run totals the other two teams. By the way, Pittsburgh is seventh in runs through the first five on the league so far, and Phillies are up near the top. This is one where I think Grayson and Whitlock are gonna shut down early on. So I'm pretty decently with this one. First five, four and a half underruns and then finally this is all juiced up. I wanted to play maybe Freddy Peralta. I actually had a strikeout parlay going. But my other bet which I'm lying with is Jared Jones strikeouts. But again, like I said, it is juiced up. It's five and a half right now, love it to play it under like in a parlay, it's like one plus, but he's been a strikeout machine. So Jared Jones five and a half over strikeouts, that's my third bet.
Speaker 1: There you have it. Those are the best bets of the day, And of course make sure you use bet three six five and that promo code leading off when you sign up. Bet five bucks get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Welsh, it's time for the home run call, and just to take a look at the leaderboard in case you missed the top of the show, everybody, in case you showed up late, Joey p at the top with eight. Everybody else has less than me. Right now, we do have Bow's and O's at seven, Pazzi at seven, in L's kel at Sixes at six, Sclarp at six, and the Yankees.
Speaker 2: Ruh, sounds like a seizure talking about all these names.
Speaker 1: I felt like I might have one. But again, it's it's a fun thing to do. And if you haven't tried, go try today. Discord join it, fantasybros dot com, slash chat. Actually let's use this one today. How about this one? Here you go, This is a better one. Fantasybros dot com, slash Chat. Join the home run channel. Also join us. Yesterday we had a fun discussion with folks in cleaning up on our discord too. Every Wednesday after the show we'd extend the show over on Discord and wells should I take questions? And it's always very helpful Welsh because you get to really talk about you know, people's teams and the roster, so it's not just like in a vacuum kind of questions, and it's always much easier to give out a better answer for a lot of those.
Speaker 2: If you have acting questions, by the way, you could talk to Joe Juilliard trained actor or whatever.
Speaker 1: Not Juilliard, but I did attend to Conservatory University of the Arts in Philadelphia, so not quite Juilliard. I was not snobby enough for Julliard, but Juilliard really produced.
Speaker 2: Oh you're snobby enough show, don't worry for sure.
Speaker 1: That's a good You're snobby enough all right, So today the home run goes to Marcus Simeon. That's right, Marcus is my man, he's my dude. Give me Marcus Simeon and Welsh just in case you feel better. The guy that you picked was actually one that I was toying with picking earlier in the day. But let's go to Welsh and maybe he can get off the schneid finally with his hat call.
Speaker 2: Otherwise we're going to the Wheel next week. But yeah, I'm going with Kyle Schwarber. The wind is blowing out in that game. I was looking about a half an hour ago, is like twenty three miles an hour now. That is coming out a little bit left. But you take big, hard hit guys. Ellie Da La Cruz would have been like a great one to have if it was a good matchup. You know these guys that can just put a ball opposite field and it can fly out. And that's why I'm going with Kyle Schwarber. Kyle Schwarber is a guy that I think you put that high fastball in. I think he Jery Jones could take the first matchup against Schwarber, but I do think Schwarber can get one of those big ninety nine fastballs, ninety eight fastball up in the zone. You take it out with big wins. So I'm gonna go with Schwarba to try to get back on the board.
Speaker 1: Good lord, Well, look, I want you to hit a home run, but I kind of want to see the wheel.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have to get a whole new overlay to put the wheel up and everything like that. If we do it, I'm gonna be so much work.
Speaker 1: We oh my guess. But shout out to Ethan too, who gave us these beautiful graphics today. I mean these are just fantastic.
Speaker 2: Back look holiday snacks.
Speaker 1: You know what, Welsh, could you please hit a home run for me today? Gee? I sure, I am sick, but I sure would feel better if you'd hit a home run for me. Gee whiz, that'd be great. Maybe I could get out of this hospital.
Speaker 2: Why is he wearing a T on his hat too? I know it's not a B.
Speaker 1: It looks like a D for Debbie, Little Debbie, Oh little Debbie. Okay, you gotta represent the brand, bro, that's what you gotta do. All right. There's a lot of afternoon baseball, so we're gonna get out of here and let you guys watch it if it is still going on, which hopefully some games don't get canceled today. That'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids. Enjoy your baseball. Good aye.