Speaker 1: Welcome to another episode of Bet the Bus. I am your host. Payoff Willie AKA, it doesn't matter this show. We bet on college football. Jim Harbow is in my seat right now. He would say that this is America show. We choose five to six headlines throughout the weekend and we bet those games. We squeeze the money, stability in your household, We stretch your relationships, and we come out on top.
Speaker 2: And get you paid.
Speaker 1: Our record for the year thirty nine, twenty three and two. We will get into the weekend recap here in a minute, but there are six games we have on the docket for you were talking about Georgia, Tennessee, un C, Clemson, Florida, Missoo, k State, Kansas, Nebraska, Wisconsin, of course, and our lock of the week is out at Oregon State versus Washington again. Guys, you're gonna be walking down the Cereal aisle at Walmart right now. These games are gonna be all over the place. I'm joined by the boys in the back since run the Serial team. We got JP Lucky Charms, Lovey, he's got the Charles Frey. He's gonna make it rain out there, and he's gonna find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. You go over Jack Jackie slips the boy, He's the Reaper. You guys know him. He dishes out picks, he dishes out barlay slips. Whatever you need, he's got it. You go over to Gary Box Tops. You accumulate him throughout the year, he collects w's because again we have thirty nine of them. Yes, we've lost twenty three, but we're up sixteen. And then you got Mitchie. I was thinking about Mitchie for a second, and the biggest head in the game might be the Honeycomb Monster. He is mister Honeycomb. He's got the big knogging up top. He delivers the data. Jack, please recap us before hang on, beforehand. Make sure you comment. Guys, everybody talks about it. This is the most popular college football show in the game.
Speaker 2: This is this. This is that.
Speaker 1: Give JP a raise. JP is the best production. This that the views, we need them, we need them up. The views don't relate that. We have a core audience. But you got to pass this shit around to your friends. You gotta leave comments. We see the Algo hack comics. Drop your picks because we got a nice giveaway, and I believe people are gonna love to hear this ship when we get to it. But without further ado, Jack, go ahead and recap us over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Tommy your favorite Cereal com your favorite that's.
Speaker 2: A good pool. That's why this is social media guy.
Speaker 3: There we go, There, we go. All right. Last week not what we anticipated. We were trying to go undefeated, as we do every single week. But there's a couple of spin zones out there. We did go four and five from the leadership of Will in the front, which is okay because I was riding with Penn State as well. I was riding with Tennessee. It hurt me. So we went four and five with that. But if you if you stuck with Taylor and the Michigan men, who are potentially going to jail this year we don't know yet. Still they went five and four. So there's positives in all of this. But a nice little quote because obviously we have to hit one with that from the late great Wilma Rudolph. Winning is great, sure, but if you're really gonna do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. And uh so we're gonna get back to the drawing board We're gonna hit with some really good games this week, hopefully go undefeated. Take the whole board you want to get into it.
Speaker 1: I have a stat correction now because I was going just off of our six picks. But you guys are just reminding me that we had some over unders in there that did hit in my brain. We went two and four. That's why our overall record was thirty nine to twenty three and two. If we go off the hey, we're including the over unders, which is a good thing that we did, and luckily Gary Boxtops had it on the graphics, we are essentially forty one twenty four and two. It's great to hit over that forty mark. That's why I wanted to give that stat correction. And I love the lesson when you have your quote about the losses because ultimately, guys, this has been what maybe our first kind of weekend. We kind of got a little bad taste in our mouths with going with losing. We didn't go five hundred. Usually we've we averaged. Our bottom of the barrel is five hundred. Again, we are sixteen, seventeen, eighteen games up. But the perspective it, guys, this league is built just like a horse race. I'm gonna use Vrabel's terminology here his video he likes to put up in the middle of the year when the NFL is built for eight and eight, eight and nine, nine in eight now, because they have seventeen games. College football is sportsbook. It's the same way. This league is built for five hundred. We are up eighteen games right now. Do not lose that perspective. If you're looking at this past weekend and think now's the time to fade. No, no, get back to that chart. Get back to that chart. Belief potential action result. Believe potential action results. Stay the course. You have to accept the bad with the good because there's been a lot of good, and trust your jockey on that horseback. Keep the blinders on. That's why the horses, that's why they were the blinders. They gotta trust what their jockey's doing up top because they're surrounded in a crowd. Because this league is built for five hundred. Just know that we are out front right now. Payoff Willie and the boys, the serial boys in the back. We are leading the charge and we are gonna get to this finish line. So stick with the boys, just like Mario, Just like Super Mario. We're gonna start at the beginning and we're gonna get you that little white flag and the white Poltian. There's gonna be adversity, there's gonna be fire, there's gonna be mushrooms, there's gonna be things that are trying to take us out. We will get to that white flag. Jack, go ahead and kick us off of this first game.
Speaker 3: First game we are with the University of North Carolina at Clemson. Clemson seems like they are hitting a pretty good stride here in this back half of the season. The spread is six and a half. Who will you be going with?
Speaker 1: All right, let's look at this honeycomb data by the boy Mitt, I have no stars by your data match.
Speaker 2: So if you look at.
Speaker 1: The front of the box, we are going Clemson here minus six and a half, and you might be thinking, why we going Clemson minus six and a half. If you turn the box around and we look at the back, and we look at the details, and we're going to figure out why Clemson is playing tough ball.
Speaker 2: I know it pains our guy in the back JP.
Speaker 1: He is not on board with his Just know that my words are not a reflection of his But Clemson is playing tough ball. They beat a sneaky, tough Georgia Tech team, who, by the way, beat North Carolina. Outside of Week one, Clemson, their three losses have all been by one score, and the outside noise has seemed to motivate this team versus a couple of weeks ago. Accountability hand up Dabbo is dead. We're not buying the stock dab Bo. It's still a fraudulent Clemson team. They seem to be playing a little bit more inspired. When you look at North Carolina, they survived, survived. They banged up Duke team back up a quarterback. There a couple injuries on offense, and actually both sides of the ball. Their defense has more and when you look when you look at the North Carolina team, this is a team that's lost to Virginia. This is a team that's giving up big points too. They've lost to Virginia. They lost to Virginia Tech. Yes, they beat Campbell, but who's Campbell it's the School of the Blind, doesn't matter, and they survive Duke. This defense has more holes in the LGBTQ community. That is why we are taking Clemson minus six and a half. Just like Mario, punch the top, punch the top, let the coin come out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is for JP. All right, we're going Clemson minus six and a half.
Speaker 3: All right, moving on, we have a nighttime showdown in the SEC East. We have Miszoo at Florida. Line is eleven and a half. This is I'm calling it the Tennessee step Father Bowl because these teams fucking ruined us.
Speaker 2: Man, they did. I didn't think about that. That's tough. It's tough.
Speaker 1: But we're moving on because the question mark I have going into this game because it's kind of hard to dictate where the uh you know what to go with here in Missoo's favored by eleven and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's the over under fifty eight and a half?
Speaker 3: Fifty eight and a half.
Speaker 1: Night game, Missouri, it's gonna be cold. I'm reading here by Mitchie Data. Missoo is playing well, Missoo is. There's a lot of reasons for Missouri to be fired up right now. Tobacco sales are up, cigarette sales are up, and adult video stores they're flying off the shelves because Missouri is right and high right now. Cody Schrader the only running back in SEC history.
Speaker 2: I believe two hundred rushing yards and one hundred receiving yards.
Speaker 1: Last week they have lb the third, Luther Burden, the third, Brady Cook, a nice pois quarterback dish in the ball round. I like this team at home. I like them in the cold weather Florida. They also moved the ball and score points. We watched them last week. They can move the ball. Granted it was an LSU defense, but you've seen throughout the year that Florida does a good job moving the ball or Merits Mertz whatever. He seems a lot more comfortable being the quarterback there. But when you look at their defense, their defense has not shown up.
Speaker 2: In the last four games.
Speaker 1: They've given up fifty two to LSU, thirty nine to Arkansas which they lost that game, forty three to Georgia, and thirty nine to South Carolina. I like the over, like going over fifty eight and a half for Florida at Missoo. I don't want to touch the line. I think eleven and a half is too many points. I don't know if Missoo's defense is actually for real or if Tennessee just shited the bed, and I kind of think the latter. So for that reason, for those reasons, we are going over fifty eight and a half.
Speaker 3: All right, Moving on, we have Kansas State at Kansas line is seven, the overs fifty six and a half. Another night game as well. What do they call this game? The sunflower some flower Bowl, some Flower some Flower Bowl, the sunflower.
Speaker 2: Game, flower game with KAS they call it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they call it. We're getting that time of the year where every game's got a name, and this is the some flower game.
Speaker 1: What a name, dude. It's just like, why not battle for the small Apple? Right or I get I mean, I guess Kayu's not like in Manhattan consider the small Apple or the Windy City or the mild Wendy City or some shit. Yeah, I think that's right somewhere long this goes false right in line with our boy j P Lucky Charmhovey in the back. This is the Kansas lock of the week, and we're going Kansas State because Kansas is now on and JP. This actually makes us, This is gonna make us feel better. They lost their second string quarterback last week. They're on their third string qb. They only put up thirteen points against Texas Tech. This Texas Tech defense, this is a defense that gives up at least twenty four game.
Speaker 2: I know we want to ride.
Speaker 1: I know you found your dark horse, but your dark horse is now on the third horse right now, and that offense is not gonna do good against this tough heady, bigger in the trenches, a little bit more aggressive, more violent, more physical. In Kansas State, they played tough defense. They're fifty percent on third down offensively, which ranks sixteenth in the NCAA.
Speaker 2: That tells all of us if you.
Speaker 1: Are a football junkie out there, they are always playing ahead of the six or a good team on the ground. They know how to operate. Again, this is a smart, tough, physical football team. I like them to win this game and to cover minus eight at Kansas because they're also averaging thirty eight points a game, which is twelfth in the country. Let's look at Mitch his data right here. K State is four to zero to one against the spread in their last five. K State has covered their last four. Their defense is only allowing eighteen point five points per game, which is twenty second in the nation. All of those reasons point to the answer of k State minus eight.
Speaker 3: Also, apologies to any Kansas State Kansas fans, it is not the Sunflower Game. It is the Sunflowers Showdown, which objectively sounds a lot cooler. So moving on, we have an absolute battle in the Big Ten. You're Nebraska Cornhoskers at Wisconsin lines five and a half, the overs thirty six and a half, and another nighttime showdown. I don't even have to ask where you're going, so go ahead and give it to us.
Speaker 2: I just can't.
Speaker 1: If we were huge underdogs, like if we were now playing Michigan after losing dropping two, I would be able to lay the sword down and take Nebraska with the points as an underdog. But when your minus five and a half against Wisconsin, who, by the way, in their last couple weeks is lost to Indiana and Northwestern. They barely survived Illinois. We handled Illinois. There was a lot to be excited about two weeks ago before Michigan State, before the referees ruined that game and then gave us a bad taste in our mouth and between turnovers and bad situational play calling. I will say that, but I'm also not going to be calling for heads just yet. I want to be steady like my headman, like my head coach. You gotta teach, you gotta develop, you got to inspire. I don't know how we inspire those arms that we have under center right now, because those arms work about as my erect how dysfunction works.
Speaker 2: Right now, they're at non existent.
Speaker 1: They're throwing every each guy through pick last weekend, and we are in a tough situation because I want to be for the boys, and I am for the boys. I'm gonna swing the sword till I die. To me, this is a Nebraska money line game. You don't have to follow me to that water, but I will tell you this, I'm going Nebraska money line.
Speaker 2: And when Nebraska wins, those those bastards that rode.
Speaker 1: With your boy on Nebraska money line, that shows me on Saturday that you rode with me for money line. I am dishing out victory lattes. I'm talking. I'm going to be calling a couple of local coffee shops in Lincoln, Nebraska. I'm gonna give a tab and you're gonna say, hey, I'm here for my victory latte on payoff Willie.
Speaker 2: Because Nebraska won the money line.
Speaker 1: That is my promise to you and if you ride with your boy, that is what we are gonna get at the end of this.
Speaker 2: At the end of this Super Mario.
Speaker 1: Level, We're going Nebraska money line at Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: The Badgers haunt me. They haunt me for life.
Speaker 1: If you want to show a little every running back scoring on us in the Big Ten Championship, you can do that. There's no rules in this for JP andis production levels. They haunt my life. But I like us money line. Nebraska money line at Wisconsin this weekend night game, get it rocking.
Speaker 2: Where do you guys play Iowa home?
Speaker 4: Okay, I was gonna say it, because what happens when if Nebraska wins this week? What does that mean for them?
Speaker 1: Honestly, I haven't looked at it. The good thing is that Wisconsin and Minnesota both lost.
Speaker 2: It means you're going bowling if you get this win this. Sorry.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm still operating from a Big Ten Championship perspective. I'm still thinking what are our chances of getting into this game in Indy because Michigan and wiscon our Minnesota and Wisconsin lost over the weekend, which only helps us. But I believe Iowa has to drop their last two. I don't know who they. Oh, yeah, they play Illinois this weekend. Illinoi's been a little frisky, so they might be able to pull that off.
Speaker 2: But you are right.
Speaker 1: For the love of God, now that we've dropped to in a row, it has now kind of become all right, let's get boeligible. Boeligible. We need that sixth win. We need that sixth win. Money line Wisconsin. If we die, we fucking die.
Speaker 3: Moving on to a game that makes me a bit nervous, sec East. We have Georgia at Tennessee. Line is ten and a half over fifty nine and a half, three thirty game. You go ahead, and you just let me know this is tough.
Speaker 1: We know it's GB after GBR. We know it's GB after GBR. However, I do not swing the sword for Tennessee the way I do Nebraska. I think this is a game where you cannot trust Tennessee.
Speaker 2: Right now. They had six points against Miszoo.
Speaker 1: The defense got bossed around more than I did last night before bedtime. Georgia is now starting to look like Georgia. And we're talking bulldogs here, and I have a little bit of experience with bulldogs. They're stubborn, they're immovable, and they're hard headed.
Speaker 2: Well, but come on, it's time for walk. Come on, hey, come on, come on, let's go for walk. Come on.
Speaker 1: So no matter how hard you hit, those motherfuckers, dude, they don't feel pain.
Speaker 2: They don't go on walks, They walk you.
Speaker 1: And I do believe that is gonna show up this weekend because although they are they have clinched their SEC play or their SEC championship birth. I do think that there's good football that they have to prove before going into that SEC championship because Bama is hungry. Bama's chomping at the bit, at the bit to beat their ass in the SEC Championship. I know Bama can't look at it either, but you just look at both these teams. I think Georgia, I think coach Smart is gonna find ways to motivate this team like he always does. I love those little snippets he has in the locker room. But we are going Georgia at Tennessee, which, by the way, MITCHI has some data on that and it might be favorable for you.
Speaker 2: Jack.
Speaker 1: Tennessee is undefeated at home and it hasn't lost a home game since twenty twenty one where they lost to Georgia.
Speaker 2: So never mind that doesn't play well.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go Georgia covering against Tennessee.
Speaker 3: He I can't be mad about it. We just got fucking pumped in missou So. I mean, for the number one team of the nation not to come into our place and take care of business, it wouldn't shock me.
Speaker 2: But you know, you guys are or eighth in the nation and rush Yards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and right now this is you know, our super Bowl at this point. If we can, if we can put a little asterisk on Georgia season, why not. But yeah, I'm just here as a fan of the game.
Speaker 2: Eighth in the nation and rush yards Georgia to cover, all right?
Speaker 3: Moving on Washington at Oregon state line is two and a half, the over sixty three and a half and another night game. A lot of night games on this late, a lot of night games. Where are you at?
Speaker 1: This feels this is the lock of the week. Hold on a second, brother, let me talk. Let me talk about something. Speaking of lock of the week, this should be the lock of your week. Download the bo Jangles app, use promo code busting. Here's why bo Jangles now has more family meal options for your next tailgate or gathering so you can focus on the fun and leave the food to bo Jangles. They have big boat boxes that come ready to serve with eight, twelve, or twenty pieces of handbreaded boldy season chicken with Southern fixings and scratch made buttermilk biscuits.
Speaker 2: Let me talk little naughty to you about these biscuits.
Speaker 1: They're scratch made, made from scratch fresh daily, and baked fresh with forty nine steps of Southern know how. They also have a twenty five piece Supreme Party box that is now available exclusively on the Bojengles app, complete with twenty five pieces of chicken supremes, two family fixes, five scratch made buttermilk biscuits, and five sausage package in a convenient bows party box. Download the app and get a free Cajun fil A biscuit with promo code bustin. That's BUSSI n it is in bow time, Boys, go ahead, payoff for Lee. I like Washington at Oregon State. Oregon State is favored by two and a half, which blows my mind. Look, your boy's not a West Coast guy.
Speaker 2: I'm just not. I don't watch the West Coast ball all the time.
Speaker 1: I follow what Washington does, and I followed what Oregon does a little bit usc because they've played Notre Dame. But when it comes to Oregon State, I truly don't get why it's so hard to play at that place.
Speaker 2: Do you guys know, like why it's so tough to play at Oregon State?
Speaker 1: Like they always seem to like win their rivalry games at home, and I mean they're favored.
Speaker 2: Against Washington, which Washington has a.
Speaker 1: Real case to go in and solidify themselves not only in the Pac twelve, but try and play for a college football playoff spot. Pennix, he's a stud, He's a Heisman front runner. Right now, we're taking Washington money line and also the over sixty three and a half. I think Oregon State can move the ball, they can score. They have one of the best rushing offenses in the country. That is where Washington is weak. Washington's allowing one forty three and a half yards per game.
Speaker 2: I know you had one. What we got?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oregon State's running backs already over one thousand yards on the ground. This will be a shootout, just like the Pac twelve always is. Somebody's gonna be up late. Probably this is seven thirty Eastern. Somebody's gonna be up around midnight keeping up with this game. But I love Washington money line and over sixty three and a half points. Washington at Oregon stated, are there any holes in that lock of the week right there? You're right?
Speaker 2: I feel like that's buttoned up, man Washington.
Speaker 1: I don't see what they done to earn an underdog slot against an Oregon State team who it's not like they're undefeated.
Speaker 2: Parlay Hovey, you got anything for us? I got you. I'm gonna keep it quick for you.
Speaker 4: This is the Carolina Boys parlay Ooh, we got a theme. I don't know why I did not come up with this sooner I probably would be undefeated. We are rocking with Coastal Carolina. I hate to go against the troops, but over army.
Speaker 2: Are we going? Is this money line? What are we doing here?
Speaker 4: We're doing spread so minus four and a half for them? Okay, we are rocking North Carolina plus six and a half versus Clemson.
Speaker 1: The Carolina Boys, the Carolina Boys Parlna Boys, I understand.
Speaker 4: Lastly, we got South Carolina versus Kentucky at home under the lights. Right now, it's plus one and a half. So we're going South Carolina money line. We have to win this game to stay Bowl eligib And it makes it even better because the following the week we play Clemson to go Bowl eligible, and there's a special guest that will be there to see us go bowl eligible, and that is forty five.
Speaker 2: We'll be in Colombia.
Speaker 1: Who's gonna come out to American badass? You guys see that at UFC. Dude is out doing his wave. Yo, he's gonna be at that game. Yeah, that's that is awesome. The odds are plus six sixty nine. Is there any way we can sway your opinion to go with the Carolina Boys at Clemson.
Speaker 4: No, then it wouldn't be a Carolina Boys parlay Coastal Carolina, North Carolina, South Carolina. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't hear Carolina and Clemson.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I'm just checking because I know, But I respect that because you are That's why I love you. You are who you are all the time. There's no deviating. Yeah, and I like that money line game. Matter of fact, I'm not jumping that one with you just South Carolina money line, because that's.
Speaker 4: What that's what we need that we'll play. We can play you guys in a bowl game.
Speaker 1: I know right now, if we get Bowl eligible, I feel strong about being in this Music City Bowl down here, because it's a base you want. It's a fan base that's going to get selected. You know, whether they are a couple of slots low, they'll get selected higher than they should be, just because the Nebraska fan base travels well. And yeah, the last one I saw, I think it was Nebraska Auburn. But I'm sitting there in my head, I'm like, oh, we just we gotta win a game because the Michigan State one truly has messed with my sleep over the last two weeks. But we've got to be Wisconsin. This is money line again. Free Victory Lattes. I'm telling you right with your boys, thank you for tuning in to bet the bus. We are your host. Payoff Willie, all the Cereal boys in the back. We're making you money. We're getting you paid, We're getting you laid. Signing off from the bus. Have a Saturday coming.
Speaker 4: A few thinks South Carolina would be Nebraska. Kah