Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Hope you got a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Everybody gangsol here ready to discuss everything that happened over the weekend. We got a game coming up tonight the Texans in Pittsburgh. Could this be Mike Tomlin's last game as the Steeler head coach? Could it be Aaron Rodgers last game in the NFL? Ross Tucker, our good buddy, will join us. We'll discuss all of this eight seven seven three DP shows we always do every Monday. You give us your best and worst of the weekend. What you saw that you liked, you didn't like. Operator Tyler sitting by to take your phone call.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 3: If you're watching on Peacock, Thank you for downloading the app. Stat of the Day is always brought to you by Beadini America, the official trading cards of the program. In this first down, we're brought to you by tire rack dot Com Prover forty years. They've been helping you find the right tires for how and what and where you drive, ship fast and free back by free road hazard protection, convenient instaly options like mobile tire installation. Tyrack dot Com the way tire buying should be, have a poll question, play of the day, stat of the day, all of that forthcoming. Let me start with the Niners in the Eagles, because I thought Philadelphia maybe can flip a switch and make a run. They still have the talent, might be the most balanced team in the playoffs. And then all of a sudden, I kept watching, and I kept waiting and then waiting, and the Niners didn't go away, and I said that this might be Kyle Shanahan's best coaching job because they're depleted. You know, when Kyle used check is your go to wide receiver, boy, that tells you a whole lot about your weapons. You lose Kittle, there's no Brandon Ayyuk, no Ricky Piersoll. The defense is banged up. And this was about rock Perty making plays in tough conditions, Krista McCaffery still proving that how do you need me to get this done? I'll get it done somehow. And you know, I use the expression or term or phrase game manager, and it's not a negative because the great quarterbacks manage a game like what do I need to do? When do I need to do it? Tom Brady was a game manager. So the greatest player in NFL history, the most decorated, was a game manager. It's a compliment because you know how to It's like Greg Maddick's pitching. He knew how to manage a game when he was pitching. You know a lot of great players, a lot of great pitchers do this, a lot of great quarterbacks do this. And I watched rock Perty. He did what he needed to do when he needed to do it. It's not always pretty, but I don't care. It's playoff football. I need a win, that's it. Just ask the Green Bay Packers you need a win, you know, just ask Josh Allen doing what he did or Matthew Stafford doing what he did. It's managing the moment. And that's what playoff football is all about. And rock Perty, you know, you're trying to live up to a two hundred and sixty five million dollar contract and he's not paid for box score bravado. It's you got to make, you know, something memorable. You got to make something happen when you lose Kittle, you know, kind of the heart and soul of this team out with an achilles injury and somehow you win on the road. In Philadelphia. Now did Philadelphia contribute to this? Absolutely kind of mind boggling. Where Saquon looks like he's going to rush for two hundred yards and then all of a sudden he's not doing much After that got banged up. AJ Brown got pick up a white courtesy phone. You'll be on a different team next year. You'll get your wish. You can play someplace else. I don't know if Nick Siriani's on the hot seat. I will say if he's not on the hot seat now, he'll be on the hot seat next year. Jalen Hurts is not a guy you say let's beat them through the air. He's just not and not running that much. That was kind of eye opening there that they have the talent, but it felt like the Niners had an understand It's almost like they lost everybody but those that they have collectively won a game, whereas the Eagles have all of this talent, but it didn't feel collected. Give credit to the forty nine ers amazing. I kept saying, if you leave them in this game, if you let them stay, they'll win this game. I trust Kyle Shanahan over Nick Sirianni. If it's going to come down to a drive, a play, a call, a moment. I love Jalen Hurts in the playoffs, but I can't have Jalen Hurts be the hey just beat him through the air, because that's not who he is. I'm looking at the point spreads. The Niners are getting seven at Seattle. The Bills are going to be favored in Denver. They went from a slight favorite in Jacksonville to an under dog. But Josh Allen did it again in the Rams. The Rams are three and a half point favorites against the Bears. But you got the game coming up tonight the Texans and the Steelers. There was an interesting moment and Matthew Stafford and the Rams, they're heading down they need to go ahead touchdown. And I love what Davante Adams said that Matthew Stafford said to his team in the huddle before that game winning touchdown.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you said, let's go snatch these guys' hearts. That was pretty cold. That was pretty cold just to hear that. And I actually, like literally smiled in the moment because I thought that that was like one of the most gangster things you can say. In that moment, honestly, and to hear him say that and looking his on his face and then throw the touchdown and then to look on his face after that was just like MVP.
Speaker 2: Though, pretty good. Let's go rip their heart up, go snatch these guys cards.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And Carolina, if I know, having a loss in the playoffs, it's hard to say that was a good loss. But of all the teams that lost, if I'm Carolina, I feel pretty good today.
Speaker 2: You know, you went toe to toe.
Speaker 3: That's a team you beat before, and you had some moments you had the ball, last thirty seconds to go for incompletions. And look, I'm not the biggest rice young fan from the standpoint of a franchise quarterback, but maybe you get a team friendly deal. Maybe he's a thirty million dollars a year quarterback. You don't want to put him into that to a tongue of iola stratosphere and then you know, have to bail in a couple of years. But they played hard, they played with passion, played with emotion. Secondary was really good and you had him, you had a chance, you had the ball. So I would say now there, if I'm a Packer fan today, I don't feel good at all because I have no idea what's going on. You got the other teams that are going to be pilfering, you know, coaches on your staff, front office people, and you're not quite sure if you're going to have your head coach back Matt Lafleour.
Speaker 2: This is why it was so seismic.
Speaker 3: Then the Ravens decided to move on from John Harbaugh that had an impact on almost every team in the NFL in some way, shape or form, because you're going to interview him, or if you didn't get him, you're gonna get somebody else. Somebody else might be losing their coach because you're going to bring in John Harbaugh. I mean, it's connect the dots and there's a game of dominoes going on here and Harball, I guess he's entertaining the Cleveland Browns, but he's going to start interviewing this week. The Giants would be up top on the list. And is Green Bay going to be open for business? What's going to happen if Pittsburgh loses tonight? And that's another thing where we go, Man, that's the guy you want to put you over the top. I don't know if John Harbaugh puts you over the top in Green Bay. I don't know if Mike Tomlin. If they don't do that for their own team, then how do I expect them to. Well, that's the guy you need to put us over the top. And I'm not a cheerleader for Matt Lafleur. I like him, but it felt like there's a glass ceiling there Ben Johnson. Ben Johnson's not afraid to be a jerk or the bad guy or kind of push the envelope a little bit. And Matt Lafleur's a nice a nice guy, and maybe that's part of the problem. Now Ben Johnson has he gives zero you know what, He doesn't apologize for anything, and you know, give credit to him and the Bears when they were down at halftime, and I think Bears fans probably started, you know, up in the ante on drinking because it was like, this is going to be painful. It's twenty one to three. Let's ease the pain. And Caleb Williams giveth he taketh away. You talk about splash plays, you talk about those wow he might lead the league in wow plays in the fourth quarter. Then that includes Josh Allen because there are some throws that Caleb makes where you go. There are not many people in the world who can make those throws. It's him being consistent. And the analogy I used was, I want Caleb to be Jared Goff through three quarters. He can be Caleb Williams in the fourth quarter. But the Bears, you know, they grabbed it, they had it, they wanted it, they took it and did not look back. Here is Ben Johnson, the Bears head coach, on the fourth quarter comeback.
Speaker 5: It's our identity here at this point, and some people say it's not sustainable. I don't know. You know, it's the takeaways. You know, that's who we are on defense, and you know on offense, it's explosive plays. That's kind of what we've done all year long and coming up in big moments and as a team, it's just just resiliency and knowing that late in the fourth quarter, that's that's really when we're our best as a football team.
Speaker 3: And Brandon McManus, mister McManus, that one hurt. He missed extra point two field goals. There Here is the Bears radio network, Caleb Williams to DJ Moore.
Speaker 6: Caleb and a gun swipped to his left snap back four man Russ Caleb with a double wolf drug down upside like DJ Mornes, are the.
Speaker 7: Five heads one touchdown touchdown Bears.
Speaker 8: They've taken the lead on the Packers. Put one thirty three to go twenty five yards the same connection week sixteen, he walk off win this connection HU three pointly.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those who stayed had a lot to cheer about there in the fourth quarter because that offense was pretty dry in the in the first half. But Green Bay losing again to the Bears. These double digit fourth quarter leads, that's rough. That's rough, all right, Seaton. Let's poll question for the first tour of the program. I got a couple options here for you. Winning team that should be worried worried? Yes, Rams, Bears, Bills, forty nine ers, Patriots forty nine ers should probably be worried. I don't think they're at a point where they worry like the Rams, Like if you're supposed to win. I got the Niners are seven point underdogs, so I don't know if they would worry. Uh Yeah, that one's tricky, Yeah.
Speaker 6: PAULI as a Bears fan, I'm perpetually worried. You go into the game completely worried and nervous because you know your team probably isn't going to do much in the second half and you got to steal it. So you go in worried no matter who you're facing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just don't see the Niners worried because I don't think they're supposed to be here.
Speaker 9: And they just took a pretty big hit with losing Kittle. Oh yeah, so their chances of advancing to you know, the next game after this one is took a massive hit.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Todd, I think the Rams have some angst because everyone was so high on them. They still are some that they're the best team, this guy's going to get the MVP, and now that they barely just got past the Panthers, that's you know, a little scary. Seeing what the Bears just did with that comeback against Green Bay.
Speaker 3: Well, I think if you look, and I'm just going off memory, most of your teams that win a Super Bowl have one of those games, one of those games where it kind of hangs in the balance, and that might be the game for the Rams, that that was a game they could have lost.
Speaker 9: You can probably say the same thing for the Bills too.
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, might have been.
Speaker 9: I don't know if wake up calls the right.
Speaker 3: But that was that Jacksonville was they were favored by one and a half. Then Jacksonville was favored by one and a half. The Rams were favored by ten and a half. That's the difference. That that's where you're like nervous. Now you face the Bear and I have no idea you know what Bears team you're gonna face, at least in the first three quarters, or if you know, the Rams defensively look a little bit better than they did with Carolina. But man, give Carolina a lot of credit. Even Jacksonville. Jacksonville with the season that they had, and you had the ball and you had a chance, and I think you can come away from that saying, you know, we should have won that game. But man, they have Josh Allen. Here is the game winning touchdown by Josh Allen.
Speaker 11: There's the snap, there's the surge, and I think they largely let him store on purpose. There was not much impedance there as Josh Allen is in for the one yard touchdown run to give the Bills the lead with one o two left in the gate.
Speaker 3: I didn't think the Buffalo Bills like the Toushbush. They voted against it. They didn't want the Toush push and ball, and then all of a sudden, the Tush push pushes them to the next round. But yeah, Jacksonville let them score, so they'd have a little bit of time there. And I think going into next season, we'll look at Jacksonville differently than we have before.
Speaker 2: And it's been a long time since we looked at them.
Speaker 3: That's why when Jacksonville fans they would, you know, email the show.
Speaker 2: You know that you didn't. I didn't believe.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't believe because they didn't give me a reason to believe before.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I said, look, you got a forces to believe that. And they played great, you know, the second half of the season, played great and should be very proud of what they did. And they should have won the game. You're at home, you should win those games. But it's weird how it comes down quarterback play to get a big moment. And you had that, you know, some of the Matthew Stafford big moment, Caleb Williams big moment, Josh Allen big moment. Now Drake May didn't need big moments. He's gonna need him. He didn't look that good, but that defense looked great. And the Chargers offensive line, I know it's banged up, but so is Justin Herbert as a result. Man, And you know, you saw all these great games, and Paulie made the analogy it's like having this great meal and then dessert is just okay. So you had all of this great these this great meal of all these other games, and then dessert was the Patriots against the Chargers, and you know, the Teremi sioux was burnt, but everything else was pretty good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Pauli, the Chargers hit I'm sorry, the Patriots hit the Chargers quarterback eleven times. You mentioned how Super Bowl teams sometimes have hiccups. I just went back and picked a random Super Bowl team, the one Patriots. The first year with Bledsoe and Brady, they had three playoff games. They were down in half at halftime in all three playoff games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it happens.
Speaker 3: And then we always talk about a wake up call, and it all happened to somebody this next week as well. All right, eight seven seven three DP show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show will take a break.
Speaker 2: Your phone calls coming up.
Speaker 1: Right after this, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio w app. Fox Sports Radio is taking over YouTube and you can be a part of it. Just go to YouTube and search Fox Sports Radio. Hit that subscribe button and smash that notification bell and catch all the videos from your favorite shows. Due Pro's and a Cup of Joe, Dan Patrick, Colin Coward, Doug Gottlieb Cavino and Rich The Odd Couple with Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington, The Jason Smith Show with Mike Harmon, and The Ben Maller Show.
Speaker 2: Fox Sports Radio on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Subscribe, hit that thumbs up icon and comment away.
Speaker 3: Get your phone calls coming up. Adam Schefter with a tweet. Now it's kind of vague here. Packer is now expected to try to work out a deal in the coming days to keep head coach Matt Lafleur in Green Bay. Per sources. Okay, so they're leaning towards That doesn't mean they're working on it. They're leaning towards working out a deal with Matt Lafleur, which I would do that because once again, who is going to put you over the top If you think John Harball's putting you over the top, like I don't think so. And you know you had some injuries. You had Michael Parsons wasn't there? Now are there things that need to be fixed smoothed out over?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: You know I need Jordan Love to be a big time quarterback. I need him to be a big time quarterback. You gotta be a closer. ABC always be closing. And there's certain quarterbacks that you're still waiting. Are you a closer? Like Caleb Williams is a closer?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You know how he starts. I have concerns about but man game on the line. He's not afraid. He's not gonna buy a dog. There's certain quarterbacks where you go somehow, some way, they'll get it done. So they're leaning that way. Yeah, I would expect them to try.
Speaker 9: The Packers, it's such such funny words to you. They're expected to try to keep their coach. What Yeah, sure, I would expect them to try to do that too. Yeah, it's it's a vague tweet by chef. It's almost like he's covering both sides there. You know they're gonna try, and they tried, Like what do you do? You want him back or not?
Speaker 3: That's the only thing I want to know because if you want him back, then you know, is he gonna take a pay cut? I don't think he's getting to pay raise, is he? But he probably his agent is gonna want to pay raise for it.
Speaker 9: Tell me the Miami Dolphins expected to try to keep their head coach, and they did until they didn't they could figure out how to keep really yeah, pull.
Speaker 6: On the other side of this, if you're John Harbrough's representatives, would the Packers be the first team that you reached out to or pursued if that's the right word. Yeah, of everything that's open, Miami whatever, Yeah, Giants.
Speaker 2: I don't want Miami. Yeah, no, Miami.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: The job that I would probably be more interested in is Tennessee. What because I can build something there if I want to be in it where you know, I got five years, I got my franchise quarterback, we got money, and I might be able to go in there and live in anonymity a little bit and then build something. Now, it's not like Mike Brabel going to New England and turning a team around.
Speaker 2: Like he's done.
Speaker 3: But I mean, you look at that team and you go, Okay, who's my franchise quarterback? Do you think Jackson Dart is better than cam Ward? The Brown situation is a mess. Green Bay, you're going in. You got Jordan Love, you got Michael Parsons, you got you know, some high end equipment there. That's a team that could compete for the Super Bowl, you know, next year. But I don't know what you know John wants to do as far as what's his timeline. I think he's like sixty three, sixty two, sixty three, sixty three, sixty three.
Speaker 2: He's from the Midwest. I don't know. I mean, you go into Green Bay.
Speaker 3: But you got to believe that, Okay, he couldn't get one of the best offenses we've had in the last couple of decades, a two time MVP at quarterback couldn't get them.
Speaker 2: Over the hump exactly.
Speaker 3: That's that would be the thing that now he's a special teams guy, he's you know, both.
Speaker 2: Sides of the ball.
Speaker 3: But we've we've seem to have had a disconnect with the offense there for the last couple of years with John Harbaugh and Mr Jackson, So you know, can he get you over the hump? He didn't do that with Baltimore in the last what decade. Hey, we got you to the playoffs. Okay, Mike Tomlin gets you to the playoffs. Can he get you over the hump? That's what I would want to know if you move on from Mike Tomlin. Okay, now who gets you over the hump? If not, then stay with Mike Tomlin.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: My problem is that if you look at the Ravens, they had so many games where they put up way too many points to lose. You can't lose forty one forty to the Bills or you know, even thirty eight to thirty to the Lions. Those are games you put up thirty points, you put up twenty eight points, say you're supposed to win that game.
Speaker 3: Especially you know, a franchise that's known for playing defense. But they had a lot of injuries. I know, you know, everybody has a lot of injuries. It was just if they were never quite healthy anough for long enough. I thought they were going to go to the playoffs. There were two teams I said, look out for these two probably the middle of the season, I said, the Texans and the Ravens, and here they come. Well, the Texans are here. The Ravens. You know, you make a field goal and you're in the playoffs. So yeah, this time of the year when you're saying, all right, we're going to upgrade. Now, do I think John Harball is an upgrade in Miami?
Speaker 2: Guess?
Speaker 3: But I don't know about that team. You know, you got a quarterback situation that's a mens This is what John from what I was told, John is saying. First thing you ask, now, he wants total autonomy. He wants to be able to make the decisions, and he wants you to spend on his staff as well and your quarterback. So in no particular order, and there's more that he asked, I think from the Cleveland Browns. But he wants, Okay, who's my quarterback? Jordan Love? Okay, Cleveland, m m Tennessee, Okay, Miami Arizona.
Speaker 2: So you start to look around. You know, the Giants got Jackson Dart.
Speaker 3: That to me is he feels like he's the giants next head coach. But you know, you might say, boy, it's been a lifelong dream to coach the Green Bay Packers.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: And you got a franchise quarterback you're paying. You got Michael Parsons who you're paying?
Speaker 2: All right? Can I can?
Speaker 3: I can be the foil to Ben Johnson here, Dan Campbell in here. I'm not afraid of these guys.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Paul, Going back to your Titans thing, the Titans lead the league and caproom one hundred and two million dollars going forward, their quarterbacks on a rookie deal, and they're getting a new stadium pretty soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of upside there.
Speaker 3: The Oregon game against Indiana. You know, I went in that game because we had analysts who were saying, man, they love Dante Moore. Man, I like Dante Moore maybe better than Fernando Mendoza.
Speaker 2: So I'm I'm.
Speaker 3: Watching a little closer. And then all of a sudden, the first pass of the game and it's a pick six, and I go, okay, all right, okay, okay. Then there were a couple of fumbles in there, and then Fernando Mendoza, he he looked like he was he had a pro day. Guys, are right T shirts and helllets Yeah, like there was defense, but he was.
Speaker 2: He had a pro day.
Speaker 3: I mean he had more touchdown passes than incompletion. And now you got the Miami game. But yeah, I watching that game, I kept thinking, Okay, is Dante more going to do anything?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: By default, he might be the second best quarterback available. Now that doesn't mean he should come out, because he could. He could come out and get drafted by the Jets and then all of a sudden you get into these bad habits and the media turns on you, and then it's not long after that a couple of years where you're on another team as a backup quarterback.
Speaker 2: Seeing it happen too many times, you.
Speaker 3: Know, mendoz is coming out and he's going to the Raiders more than likely.
Speaker 2: And there's I.
Speaker 3: Mean, he should come out because he's ready to play right now. It's just the Raiders aren't ready to play right now. That's why they're in this position. That's the hard part. Dante Moore could go back to Oregon and make you know, four million dollars or do you want to come out now and.
Speaker 2: Go to the Jets.
Speaker 3: I would hope that he would go back, but then he might not be the second pick overall. He might be, you know, in the late twenties, but he might have a better chance if that's the case, If you you're going to send him to the Jets and say, be a savior. How many times have we been down this road before? There ain't no saviors. Well there's one here not walking through that door. And Mendoza don't bank on him being a savior with the you know, the Raiders. I just need to have an offensive line for him. Just ask Justin Herbert. He's a high end quarterback. If you don't have an offensive line, I don't care who you got. You got hit eleven times. He's playing with a broken bone in his left hand.
Speaker 13: Yes, Marv Milton Williams is the greatest defensive tackles ever played. That's how he was looking last night. He was sort of like Aaron Donald last night. The offensive line he did. But that's why they paid him that money. But they beat him up. And you know, this is what Harball was building. He wanted to have a formidable offensive line. And then you have a couple of injuries other than Josh Allen, you know you got you gotta protect these guys, even the greats. You know, all right, we'll get some phone calls here eight seven to seven to three. D P Show email address dpat Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a DP show.
Speaker 2: Another pole question.
Speaker 6: We have a snarky one. Oh, which Harbaugh brother is having the worse or better week? One was fired?
Speaker 3: I would say John Harball is having a better week. That's something like he didn't lose in the playoffs. Man John gets to pick what team he wants to go to. Yeah, Ston, It.
Speaker 9: Seems kind of odd that there's question marks about well, not so many coaches in the playoffs this year, But do we usually go into the playoffs wondering which one of the playoff coaches is going to be fired?
Speaker 3: No, it's because Harball became available, Kevin Stefanski became available. Like Stefanski's a high end coach and highly regarded.
Speaker 9: I feel like even before those guys got fired, you know, Tomlin was already like I don't know, he might be on his way out or even in Buffalo, maybe a time for a new coach there. Those are, you know, pretty big name coaches or high end gigs.
Speaker 3: But it feels like we said this about mc dermott last year, Nick Siriani last year, Mike Tomlin last year, John Harball last year. So I think that those questions have been kind of lingering there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but it's like some of these guys are still active in the playoffs. I could still win, Like, I don't know, he's probably gonna get fired if they lose this week. When next week, well maybe maybe maybe he'll save his job if he can get to.
Speaker 3: You know, there was part of me that was Sean was coaching for his job in the Jacksonville game, like I felt that, Yeah, you know, the Nick Sirianni thing, I that seems fluid. I mean, he's going to get another year, but you fired your coordinators and then I don't know what you're gonna do with your OC and then Aj Brown like I just kept you know, you watch Saquon Barkley and I go, okay, that's the look at them. He's gonna have one hundred yards by the end of the first quarter. Here is Nick Sirianni after the loss.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you know, I was trying to get him off the field, you know, because we were about to punt and that was really that was really it. So I love Aj. I think he knows how I feel about him. I have a special relationship with him. We've we've probably went through every emotion you can possibly have together. We've laughed together, we've cried together, We've yelled at each other. You know, we're both emotional. I was trying to get him off the field, and you know he never wanted You know that happens in this game. That happens in this game.
Speaker 1: And but I love him.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't think AJ Brown will be there next year. I wonder how close they got to trading him before the trade deadline. And I know everybody's going to talk about a cap hit, and you know they figured these things out somehow. I don't care about a sideline fight. What I care about is that you're fighting for the football and AJ Brown had a couple of drops. If you want me to go to you, then hold on to the football, be our go to guy. And it just felt like there was a disconnect, whether it was him with Jalen Hurts, or him and his head coach, or maybe both, but you can't have that. They had way too much talent to lose that game. But that shows, you know, when you have cohesive, when you have collective, you can somehow overcome these things.
Speaker 2: And that's what the Niners did.
Speaker 3: Philadelphia was like, yeah, you know, we got problems, but that's okay, we got enough talent, and they do until they didn't. And that's when the Niners just wouldn't go away. And all it took where a couple of plays, Yes, Marv.
Speaker 13: But that's why I think Sirianni's job isn't safe, because if your ownership or the GM, you're going to say, hey, we have all this talent, but you guys lost to a bunch of like backups. Basically there's no Bosa, there's no Warner. Kittle was out. No, I UK, like, what's the issue?
Speaker 2: I know, yeah at home? Oh I know, I know.
Speaker 3: That was the one game where I'm like, it was three and a half, then went up to four and a half that the Niners were getting and I thought.
Speaker 2: God, how do they stay in this game?
Speaker 3: And then they just did like you're watching you and you go, I can't believe that this is the score. I gets a three point game and then the Niners take the lead, and I go, they're going to win this game.
Speaker 2: They're gonna somehow win this game.
Speaker 3: And I thought Brady had a really good game. When Tom was talking about throwing the football in the wind, that's the kind of thing you put on your sports Emmy reel and send it in because it was really good. And when this year, when he started broadcasting, I said on the show, former TV executive said, they're going to put him on camera an awful lot, not like your typical you know, color analysts. They're going to try to put Tom on camera as much as possible. And if you do it, and you do it tutorial, that's awesome. And I thought that he was really good. I think Kevin Burkhardt put him in really good positions and that you know, that can make it a lot easier for both and they had that. And that's chemistry too as well. Takes little time timing all of those things, setting you up, stories that you may have told me on Saturday that I can use on Sunday, all of that stuff. But I thought Brady had a good game yesterday. All right, let me take a break. I'll get to your phone calls coming up in our play of the day up next.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports radio dot Com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 8: Oh my God.
Speaker 2: Of the day. This is the play of the day.
Speaker 1: Check this out.
Speaker 2: Crock Purdy under center.
Speaker 11: He's got Christian McCaffrey behind him, Sky Moore in motion.
Speaker 1: It's a trick play. They give it to more Now flip.
Speaker 2: The Juwan Jennings and the round.
Speaker 7: Jennings throws it to McCaffrey head. He's got it. McCaffrey got at for the touchdown, touchdown for and that is the forty own Philly Special.
Speaker 11: McCaffrey spikes the ball into the ground and the fort tied the game.
Speaker 3: Courtesy of Niners Radio Network. Juwan Jennings who had a touchdown pass in the Super Bowl, right, and he's the sixth non quarterback in NFL history with multiple career touchdown passes in the postseason, and the first to do it in the last seventy five years. That's your play of the day. Play of the Day brought to you by Liberty Mutual. Liberty Liberty. Why pay full price when you can customize and say switch to Liberty Mutual. They'll customize your auto and home insurance so you only pay for what you need.
Speaker 6: Yes, Paul I went back to twenty fifteen and looked at the high school quarterback ratings, and there's guys like Jared Stidham, Josh Rosen, Kyler Murray Juwan Jennings was a ninth rank duel threat quarterback in America. And then he became a wide receiver that.
Speaker 3: Should be in your scouting report if you're playing them. And I was a great catch by McCaffrey too at a couple of touchdown receptions. Chris and Syracuse, Good morning, Chris, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 15: Thanks Dan? I got a best and worst for you. You hit it Dan in your opening monologue. My worst, which happens a lot on Mondays this time of years, goes to the usual suspects of field goal kicker mister McManus missing a couple of big kicks for the Packers Saturday night, and my best, Kurt's taking the base out cracking open a beer line. I don't know if a coach has ever elevated himself to legendary status so quickly, but he certainly secured himself that status Friday night with that line and his team's performance. Yeah, Indiana is the model new blood in this new and improved age at college football. I just hope the National Championship game is a competitive one and Dan, my dream scenario is last player of the game Indiana is down to when they line up for a game winning fifty yard field goal attempt, and ask the Indiana kicker trots out to the field before he splits the upright, he walks up to his head coach and looks him right in the eyes and says, I'll make it greatest line in sports movie, and I'll take the Pepsi challenge against Hey, Dad, you want to have a catch, but I think Rayke and Solid gets edged out barely by the great Jimmy Chitwood.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Chris, Yeah yeah, Kurt Signetti, you know, four months ago I would have been shocked that Indiana would win the national title. Now I'm going to be shocked if they don't win the national title. And they're seven point seven and a half point favorites. Buddha in San Francisco, Hi, Buddha.
Speaker 8: Happy Monday boys. Me and Marvin's Niners gott not a non problems. But flying to Cancune one, Dan, I have no idea how we are doing this. I mean, you see what I did there a for see, we are defying the odds and I mean we keep pulling out dubs. I mean it's wild, Dan. I was literally, Dan, like during the game Aster, I was looking up the defensive players because I didn't know who they were. I was like, it's like truly unbelievable. And now we have a day for redemption going up to Seattle, so that should be interesting.
Speaker 2: That's not gonna be easy.
Speaker 8: So but best of the weekend, Dan, my Niners winning on the road with a Philly special suck at mcglovin. We are straight bird hunting this month, Dan, and we're gonna be underdogs, and I'm not worried about anything because I mean, at this point we're playing with house money. I mean, I mean it could be dangerous for Seattle. I mean the pressure is gonna be on them in their twelfth man. Hopefully we can have Donaldson ghosts and shake them up a bit. And worst of the weekend George Kittle, Damn, I mean darn his achilles. I mean I watched it live. I mean I saw the achilles snap up into a suck and I was like, I immediately knew it just sucks, man. And now we have to go up to Seattle without our emotional leader and real quick Dan. The Chargers in their chargery way, ending the slate of games by going across the country to kick a field goal.
Speaker 12: Not good.
Speaker 3: Thank you Budda Dylan and Nebraska. Hi Dylan, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 12: Dan?
Speaker 16: First time long time six two two hundred. Got a best and worst for you? Start with the worst Packers blowing a fifteen point fourth quarter lead. It'd be bad no matter who was against, but especially bad when you're playing the Bears. The offense just disappeared in the second half. But best of the weekend Nebraska men's basketball, traditional basketball power going down the road, coming back from being down sixteen points in the second half to beat traditional football power Indiana to move to sixteen to zero on the season. Best season in my lifetime or anybody's lifetime. Thanks Dan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now you've had a couple of impressive starts with college basketball. Gus in La, Hi Gus, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 12: Good morning, mister Patchick go if you and the boys had a great weekend.
Speaker 17: Man, Like I told Tyler, I felt like I needed a cigarette after watching.
Speaker 12: All this football and all these amazing games. What a street to everybody that was able to watch. I mean it felt like I was playing with house money with every game that we were watching. That's got to be the best of the weekend. The worst of the weekend is the Los Angeles.
Speaker 17: Chargers to be able to have all the hype and everything, and like Buddha said, you travel all the way across country to kick one field goal and have your quarterback run for his life and get beat down like that with terrible And I think the NFL is in a rare place to not get the head Coach of the Year wrong. Either Ben Johnson or Shanahan. Either one of those boys is going to be the winner. And I don't think anyone's gonna have a problem with.
Speaker 12: Where the they show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they've already voted, and thank you guys. I mean, Liam Cohen did it. Cohen did an unbelievable job with the Jags. Ben Johnson did a great job, Mike Vrabel did an unbelievable job. Shanahan, given everything that happened with that roster, I'm not gonna have any problem. I don't get caught up in Coach of the Year. Yeah, do you have do you have the final odds of the season.
Speaker 12: Paul.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: After the regular season, Rabel was a favorite. Mike McDonald and Seattle second. Yeah, Ben Johnson, Liam Cohen.
Speaker 3: I think Shanahan did the best coaching job of all the last guys.
Speaker 2: I do. If they would have won six or seven games.
Speaker 3: I would have said, all right, you know, you did pretty well in a tough division. They could have had home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Amazing. Rick in Virginia, I'll squeeze you on.
Speaker 18: Rick, Thanks, thanks for letting me talk here.
Speaker 8: Dan bust and worst.
Speaker 18: My best is Mountaineers taking the Kansas City Hawks. Jayhawks are always the league team. They're always a good, good team. That was a great game. My worst is my Jacksonville Jaguars. Although great season, great turnaround season, got a wald card game at home. That was fantastic to me. Uh, I want to change. I want to change the touch push to the bear, hug and shove. I think that because that's all that. That's what they did. You guys are great. Thanks for listening to me.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Rick, Thank you well.
Speaker 3: Jacksonville let Josh Allen score because they wanted to have time left to be able to, you know, try to win that game.
Speaker 2: Hour two.
Speaker 3: On the way, Ross Tucker said to join us. More of your phone calls as well a Monday our starting lineup, Fritzy Seat and Mark Paulie, yours truly and of course the back room guys. More phone calls. Hour two with Ross Tucker.
Speaker 2: After this