Speaker 1: Good morning us say yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo yo just hilarious.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 4: Piece to the planet is Monday. Good morning, how y'all feel out there? I feel blessed, black and hoghly favored. Happy to be here another day to serve our beautiful listeners.
Speaker 5: Good morning. What's up guys? How was your weekend? I was your weekend, Jess?
Speaker 3: It was good.
Speaker 6: Indianapolis is definitely dope. Definitely is dope as hell. We me d Ray Earthquake. Tony Roberts also was funny as hell. We had a show. And then Amber Damn. I forgot the comedian's last name, but she's from Indianapolis. She's funny as hell as well. We all had a show. It was dope. It was real dope. Roll team he came through. It was a lot going on in Indy this weekend, so Naptown was making a lot of money this weekend. But it was it was really dope. Shout out to the promoter. DJ Geno was the fortieth anniversary. Oh, this is something that he does every year. The first show started at seven thirty second show started at eleven.
Speaker 3: I was sleepy as hell.
Speaker 6: Yes, all the comedians were, but especially Earthquake and Earthquake the type will go out there and say it, so you're like, I don't know how y'all, like, I'm sleepy.
Speaker 3: It's all right now. But it was still fun. It was everybody came out and it was a nice time.
Speaker 5: Amber Roughing was it Amber?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: I don't think our last name was rough No, Amber something. I'm not sure, but she's.
Speaker 5: Really really funny. I was the first time in that town.
Speaker 6: No, that was my That was my first time in five years. But it's my second time.
Speaker 5: Second town.
Speaker 6: Yes, I did Morty's Comedy Club last time, but this was at the closed Memorial Theater.
Speaker 3: And it was dope. Nice venue. It's cool Naptown, Yeah, absolutely lit.
Speaker 5: Sholotte was your weekend.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: My weekend was fantastic because I did my favorite thing to do, which is absolutely nothing. The only thing I want to tell y'all is that the NFL has to do something about these Sunday night games that started a thirty kay, because when the games, when these games come on TV at eight thirty, between the commercials and everything else.
Speaker 5: They're they're there until we're there till like twelve thirty.
Speaker 8: Okay, Well I fell asleep about nine turn the ten o'clock I knocked out.
Speaker 5: I was basically in bed all day yesterday.
Speaker 4: I'm between the couch and the bed, in the game, in the bed, and I'm just sitting there, like, told my wife, is this game going in the overtime because our defense, the Cowboys defense, can't stop a goddamn thing. Okay, and yes, that's exactly what happened about to come in today. But then I was like, you know what, it's not a good enough reason to do a show from home just because the game was on late. So I was like, you know, let me be responsible and wake up and come to work. But the Cowboys have that kind of effect on you. It's a very emotionally draining thing. And then the game stays on so late.
Speaker 5: No, you got tied. You guys didn't even win. Who ties anymore? People tied all the time.
Speaker 4: There's probably a tie every year, more than at least every year for the past decade that I can remember, it's been at least one tie.
Speaker 5: In the league.
Speaker 3: Jesus and are last night too. I'm so pissed off. You haven't win this.
Speaker 5: Bad what Yeah, my giants one I ain't paying.
Speaker 3: To your boys does right now.
Speaker 5: But it's okay, well, congratulations, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: That's not normal. So this is great.
Speaker 5: Hey, watch them, let's get the show cracking.
Speaker 8: Michael Blason will be joining us this week today, I can say this weekend today. He's gonna be at the New York Comedy Festival November seventh.
Speaker 5: Through the sixteenth at the Beacon Theater.
Speaker 8: So we're gonna be chopping it up with Michael Blackson, and then the cast of Ruth and Boaz will.
Speaker 5: Be joining us.
Speaker 8: Hey, Devon Franklin, Sorea, and Tyler Aleppeli.
Speaker 3: So early dope movie. I watched it over the Weekend's actually really good.
Speaker 5: Hot to get a chance to check it out.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we'll see it this week.
Speaker 3: It's top sen in Netflix.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, what actually, okay, I didn't I know it was in the top earlier.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is really good.
Speaker 5: So we'll kick it with the cast. All right. When we come back.
Speaker 8: We got front page news a lot to break down. A lot went on during the last couple of days, so me and me will break that down. So don't go anywhere as to breakfast club.
Speaker 5: Come morning, morning, everybody.
Speaker 8: It's DJ Envy and Jess Hilaris Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news. Start off with sports. The Giants beat the Charges twenty one eighteen, Eagles beat the Buccaneers thirty one twenty five, Bills beat the Saints, Jaguars beat the forty nine Ers, The Bears beat the Raiders, The Cowboys and Packers tiede Chiefs beat the Ravens thirty seven to twenty. Rams beat the Colts twenty seven twenty. The Lions beat the thirty four Brown's thirty four to ten. Patriots beat the Panthers, Texans beat the Titans, and the Falcons beat the Commanders.
Speaker 5: All right tonight and.
Speaker 8: By the night football, Let's just take on the Dolphins at seven fifteen, and the Bengals play the Broncos at eight fifteen.
Speaker 5: Look at me, me, Brown, looking like you're about to headline the forum tonight. You got a show, Go.
Speaker 8: Ahead me, Good.
Speaker 10: Morning, Good morning. All right, y'all.
Speaker 11: So there's a lot to get through today, MBU, are right, So much happening over the weekend and Sadly, we started this morning with news of another mass shooting, this one at a church in Michigan. Police say at least four people were killed and eight others hurt after a gunman drove his truck into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints in Grand Blank Township. That's just right outside of Flint, Michigan. Yes, authority say the gunman opened fire on hundreds gathered for Sunday service, then fort gasoline inside and started a fire. Now that chapel is now a total loss, and investigators believe there are still more victims inside that burned out building.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 11: Police have identified the suspect as forty year old Thomas Jacob Sandford, a Marine vet. He was shot and killed by officers just minutes after the attack. The ATF says explosive devices were also found at the scene. Witnesses describing chaos but also bravery as church members were shielding children and others were trying to rescue the elderly.
Speaker 10: Let's listen, So we were.
Speaker 13: Driving away, we were trying to gather as many people as be could. There was a couple of elderly ladies that we were trying to get into safety, so we got them into our car. I saw the active shooter come out of the building, and at that point I just started trying to drive away. He pointed his gun at our car and fired three shots. Two of them went through a windshield and just missed me and luckily everybody else. I think this is just glass shrapnel.
Speaker 9: That got me.
Speaker 13: And then we got out, and then that's now we're just trying to kind of find out why and how and what happened.
Speaker 4: You know, when I was young, my daddy used to say that some people are so crazy that they will shooting church, And now, in my big age of forty seven, that seems like it's to know, and people are always letting off in the church.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 10: It's crazy, very very very sad.
Speaker 11: So the FBI is calling an act of targeted violence. There's still no motive. They're still trying to investigate why this happened. And this comes less than twenty four hours after news of another mass shooting, also by a Marine vet who opened fire at a bar in North Carolina, killing three and injuring eight.
Speaker 10: More So, two mass shootings over the weekend.
Speaker 4: MS was cold and calculated, but man, you know, you said he was a veteran, right, Yeah, I'm telling you they don't be giving these veterans the psychological help they need when they come home from these deployments a lot of times.
Speaker 8: Not only that, but it's going to get to a point where all synagogues, all churches, all schools are going to need a security guard, like an armed security at the door to make sure that. You're gonna have metal detects that go in churches as well, but you're gonna need some type of security in all these places to make sure that you're safe.
Speaker 5: When your praying and you're worshiping and you going to school, which is crazy.
Speaker 6: Although they don't have, you know, the help that they need. It's like why do that to a church? Wow, go and do that? I mean you have sense enough to know like what you're doing, you know.
Speaker 3: So I don't know. I just I think it's it's sad on both ends.
Speaker 5: Yeah it is.
Speaker 4: But it's definitely a lack of mental health services for these for these veterans, because if it's not this, it's high suicide.
Speaker 5: Rates among amongst veterans.
Speaker 4: Like I really don't think they take care of these veterans psychologically when they come home like they where did they go?
Speaker 5: Very sad.
Speaker 11: There's nowhere to go, all right, And from Michigan to Oregon, where protests are once again in the spotlight. On Sunday, President Trump ordering two hundred members of the Oregon National Gardens of federal service for a sixty day deployment, saying Portland was quote war ravaged and that federal facilities were quote under siege.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 11: By Sunday afternoon, protesters feel the streets of Portland's Ice Building. Near Portland's Ice Building, the demonstrations were noisy, noisy, but mostly peaceful, and federal agents with long gun were seen on the rooftops, while Oregon's governor and state leaders quickly filed a lawsuit to block that deployment, calling it unlawful and insisting that Portland is not a war zone. And there's a similar situation playing out this morning in Memphis. Starting today, federal agents and National Guard units are being deployed there as part of the administration's broader crime crackdown. Tennessee Governor Bill Lee says thirteen federal agencies will be involved, including the FBI, the DEA, the ATF, along with three hundred state troopers. Now, the guard will only serve enrolled. They will not have guns unless the police requested. Governor Lee called it a generational opportunity, while Memphis Mayor Paul Young he acknowledged that residents on are concerned on both sides. Lauren was actually in Memphis over the weekend and she spoke to the mayor about how the city is preparing.
Speaker 10: Let's listen to them.
Speaker 14: Well, we are preparing, and you know, I've been trying to articulate to people that we're different than Chicago with la because our governor has said yes and the President say yes. So as mayor, I don't have a sake in whether they come or not. So what we're doing now is working to align how they come, where they're going to show up, what their assignments.
Speaker 9: Are going to be. So we're put together.
Speaker 14: A whole strategy of how we gaged, and we've been having positive dialogues with the National of Art, major generals and all of those.
Speaker 9: So, you know, my goal is.
Speaker 14: To try to keep them focused on folent crime, not pay the crimes and things of that nature.
Speaker 4: Who's deciding that these people need the military? Me me, Like, what's going on in Portland and Memphis that they need the military. Even when I was seeing people at the CBC last week in DC, they was showing, you know, videos of like the military just.
Speaker 5: Sitting in front of downtown restaurants in DC, not.
Speaker 10: Doing nothing.
Speaker 11: And in Portland there's video of them riding their bike and jump rope in and just literally sitting on the grass reading a book.
Speaker 10: And meanwhile Trump is sending the National Guard.
Speaker 11: So you know, there's there's I think everybody, even the mayors of the cities, are really trying to understand what is behind this, and this is specifically in Memphis. If you want more information, they have launched a website that has a question and answer section that I really think will help you if you're in Memphis or you have a loved one in Memphis and really quick. That website is Memphis TN dot forward slash Safe and Clean. So again, Memphis TN dot gov forward Slash Safe and Clean. And if you want to hear the full interview, it will be on Lauren's podcast today. You can check that out with Mayor Paul Young. Some interesting stuff there. So coming up at seven though, the world's busiest airport just left thirty seven million dollars on the table and we'll tell you why and what's behind that decision.
Speaker 8: All right, and everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one O five one. If you need the vent phone lines wide open. Let us know how your weekend was. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Wake up, wake up, your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 9: You man blessed. We want to hear from you on the breakfast blow. Hello.
Speaker 5: Who is hi? My name is Bobby, Bobby, Bobby, Hi.
Speaker 15: I've called him. I would say, first, I want to say hi to Jest.
Speaker 16: I love you, Jess.
Speaker 15: I want to say Laura is one there.
Speaker 17: Okay?
Speaker 15: And Hi dj Emmy, and Hi Charlemaine, I love you all.
Speaker 5: Google every day.
Speaker 15: But I did want to say, d j Emmy, you hung up on me a couple of times.
Speaker 5: That that that tracks. That sounds exactly.
Speaker 17: Right, yes, and Charlemagne, I will call it because I had been wanting to get sort of to say something to you about your visit on Laura Trump's show.
Speaker 15: And how on there. You know she told you that if you had like all these less leaning guests and they didn't have any right leaning guests, yep, and can then he came back the next day on The Breakfast Club and repeated that and how wrong that was and stuff, and I just want to say, like that that was a total why And I can't believe that you listened to Laura Trump on that. And I mean I was just about to google like right leaning guests on the View because I can only remember one off of puff my head. But I'm sure there were more. And I know that Chris Christie was on there, and I do know that they have had right leaning guests on there, and I believe that they have invited others who refuse to come on their show.
Speaker 4: So well, she was talking about the first seven months of twenty and twenty five, and I mean, based off all of the research and you know studies I've seen, Yes, the View in the first seven months of twenty twenty five had one hundred and two left lean guests and zero conservatives.
Speaker 5: And that was according to the Media Research Center.
Speaker 18: Oh okay, yeah.
Speaker 4: Not in the I don't know, I don't know, not in the history of the View, but in the first seven months of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 19: Oh oh, I thought it was just talking about since.
Speaker 5: Trump or oh no, no, no, she was.
Speaker 4: She was talking about the first seven months of twenty twenty five they had one hundred and two left leaning guests with zero conservatives. Now that's according to the Media Research Center. And yes, I do think that's ridiculous, you know what I mean.
Speaker 15: I think that's how But what's that because they didn't invite any of them?
Speaker 5: I don't know. That's a great question. I really don't know.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 19: I did also want.
Speaker 15: To mention one more.
Speaker 8: Thing, Bobby Pittsburgh, you said, who gave you?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I wanted to mention one more thing before I go from Pittsburgh, Okay. And there's a local group out here, but they're on YouTube and everywhere.
Speaker 3: They are called.
Speaker 19: Called One Food Media and they do a lot of stuff, but one thing that thank you that I enjoy a.
Speaker 15: Lot, and it's called This Week in White Supremacy I am. And they break down a lot of stuff that the Trump administration is doing and how it's going to affect people. And they call themselves the truth Tellers.
Speaker 19: And I really love it if you guys would.
Speaker 15: Check them out, Okay, And there's anything.
Speaker 19: That you can do to like, yeah, I don't know, to check them out what you think that.
Speaker 5: We will do that?
Speaker 4: But you said, you said one Hood Media. I'm looking at it right now, yes, one Hood Media Academy. I'm looking at their website, onehood dot org.
Speaker 8: All right, yes, get it off your chest eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five one.
Speaker 5: If you need to vin, hit us up now with the breakfast. Cause she didn't hang up and we hung up on it. I definitely don't tell you she called and complained that you hung up on him. You definitely watched him. I'm sitting right here.
Speaker 9: Watch me.
Speaker 5: I'm sitting right here. I saw you. I watch a little bage hand.
Speaker 4: I watched you a little beige hands sneak right over there and drop the car. Sometimes you get read a little wink and he dropped the car either way. Y'all are teenos are in?
Speaker 5: Okay? Hello?
Speaker 9: Who is this?
Speaker 20: What's going on?
Speaker 9: Gim me from the b.
Speaker 5: X, Jimmy from the b X, Shit me from the BRONX. Get it off your chest, Jimmy.
Speaker 9: I wanted to go on my check. I want to go.
Speaker 20: I know it's early, but imoking at the dog headed day that Eric Adams.
Speaker 9: Of New York City Mayor. It's the flip flopper will be going on podcasts and saying he's gonna be doing something and he does the opposite.
Speaker 4: Eric and something else, and he he literally went on flagrant. What do you say when he went on flagrant that he wasn't he was gonna he promised he was gonna run into the Democrat and then like a d.
Speaker 20: Like you turn into you know, what's the stand point about it?
Speaker 9: I voted for this man.
Speaker 4: He came on Breakfast Club Thursday and said he is not dropping out of the race.
Speaker 7: He was.
Speaker 20: You see the breaking news like he's here. Yeah, he's up out of you pulling.
Speaker 5: Like a cheap suit. Damn a chief suit.
Speaker 9: A cheap suit.
Speaker 20: Yeah, you pulled it up, baby, you know.
Speaker 5: Oh, okay, got you, got you all right, We'll take.
Speaker 9: You Jimmy, all right, gentlemen, have a good day. You glass all right?
Speaker 21: Man.
Speaker 5: That's a question. Why do people say that like expensive suits can fold or something like what do this mean? I don't know? Hello, who's this?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Because the cheap it is burn burn give up your chest.
Speaker 20: Hey you guys last week, man, Hey, every all this one of Man and Charlamagne, Marla Rose and Jed Hey, so last week.
Speaker 4: You're invited me out to the health Wearing it Mental be there, Yeah, I tob the eleventh, Yes.
Speaker 20: I will be there, hey with my flands and all man, you know, for.
Speaker 9: The new you.
Speaker 5: It's a free event.
Speaker 4: So Saturday, October eleventh, will be at the Joel and Diane Bloom Wellness in evencent in newr New Jersey from an eleven am to four pm.
Speaker 5: Is free and open to all ages.
Speaker 4: So you know you can go to Mental wealfextsbok dot com and register you and all your friends.
Speaker 5: See that burn all right, get hurt?
Speaker 8: All right, brother, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. Now we got the latest of Lauren coming up.
Speaker 22: What we're talking about, We are talking super Bowl because we now know who had lined the twenty twenty six halftime show at the Super Bowl. We're gonna get into the conversation.
Speaker 5: Oh, you're gonna be able to tell Puerto Ricans nothing. You give it a we'll get into it. Next. It's the Breakfast Club in the morning, the breakfast club.
Speaker 8: Hey man, you ever had you shimmy shimmy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you ever had your shimmy shi shashimi?
Speaker 5: You ever had that shashi. What's it all shashimi? Yes you ever had that? Yes? The raw fish? Yes? Absolutely?
Speaker 4: Man for the first time Friday, for the first time, first time ever. I want to salute a restaurant called Twin Tails in New York City, sluting my my good sister DJ Cuppy. We went to dinner Friday night and shashimi shashimi.
Speaker 5: I never had it before.
Speaker 8: Amazing, Yeah, very good raw fish. Yes, you don't eat sushi, do you?
Speaker 5: Sushi?
Speaker 8: But I have never seen a raw fish like. It comes as like they bring the actual fish.
Speaker 3: With that different.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not like sushi. No, but it's raw like sushi. I don't want to talk to you. Decided nay when you said it. Let's get you said that long you coming straight fast? She gets them. Somebody that knows, somebody gets the details.
Speaker 3: I'm the homegirl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 5: She'd be having the latest on you, the.
Speaker 9: Latest with Laurence la Rosa.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you have facts, sometimes you have details.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 9: It's the latest on the breakfast club.
Speaker 5: Talk to me.
Speaker 22: So the twenty twenty six Super Bowl halftime show performer has been announced drum.
Speaker 3: Roll please, it's Bad Bunny, Bad Bunny.
Speaker 22: Yes, Bad Bunny will be headlining the Super Bowl halftime show on in February February twenty twenty six, which will be airing on NBC. It'll go down in Santa Clair, California.
Speaker 5: Dropping the clues bombs for Bathroom.
Speaker 4: He's gonna kill it, yea, especially being that he said he wouldn't do no shows in America because he didn't want ICE to target his his concerts.
Speaker 22: Yes, and I'm actually, uh like really really looking forward to the performance because when I was in Puerto Rico his residency was happening there, everybody there was talking about how amazing his stage performance.
Speaker 3: It was so sold out on what they had available.
Speaker 22: This is because it was like fifteen hundred at upward price wise because it ran up because so many people were excited American dollars. But I don't know how that converts. Yes, now, read, I'm gonna need some help.
Speaker 5: We put together a little place, asked me, because you.
Speaker 3: Like fake whatever it is.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 22: Now, we put together like a little playlist of like what the songs could potentially be because Bad Bunny got a lot of hits that he could run down, So we.
Speaker 3: Put together a little mixed me read VICKI you know the.
Speaker 4: Resident read as Puerto Rican is Dominican, Dominican, Dominican.
Speaker 22: Okay, well I trust them. I don't know about envy, maybe showing up to parades and be getting awards and I don't even understand why you're there. So I said, listen to some of Bad Bunnies songs where you gotta because I can't even pronounce.
Speaker 5: That's the same song, y'all not help you know, like that's on the radio all day with Drake. Yes, I don't listen to Bad Bunny, but I respect them. Show that's fair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be a good show.
Speaker 22: Well rumored before the Bad Bunny announcement to do the super Bowl had time show where Taylor Swift and Adele Thank God, we.
Speaker 4: Ain't getting either one of those love dropping the food bombs for God not giving us any of that cast role.
Speaker 5: We're getting my fun door, none of those girls.
Speaker 18: Though I love it.
Speaker 3: I don't see a super Bowl ahead time.
Speaker 5: Yes, Taylor.
Speaker 16: Like a.
Speaker 9: Rain.
Speaker 5: During the super Bowl.
Speaker 22: Halftime before UH and the Taylor Swift rumor, Roger Goodell was actually on UH and he was talking about Taylor Swift and the potential of the possibility of her doing the Super Bowl show, So that like kind of reped up the anticipation thinking that something would go down. But there were reports that there was like a contract situation with her. But I think Bad Bunny is a better.
Speaker 5: Choice, is the perfect choice. I'm sure.
Speaker 4: Roger Goodell whispered the Rock Nation, like, you know, is this the year we can get Taylor? Maybe she's gone to al I'm coming out.
Speaker 5: And it was like no man, and for everybody, right, for everybody.
Speaker 3: Yes, and.
Speaker 22: Bad Bunny for the NFL released a quote on the announcement. He says, what I'm feeling goes beyond myself. It is for those who came before me and ran countless yards so I could come in and score a touchdown. This is for my people, my culture, and our history. Then he said something to Spanish that I Am not going to attempt to read.
Speaker 5: Try dollar a too. Well, you gotta do hit the translate button, grandmother.
Speaker 22: Yes, well, I know, well that's grim Quest said almost halftime showed Dell super.
Speaker 8: Just hit translate, give dot the word Puerto Rican grandmother.
Speaker 3: He's probably you can't wait in Spanish, give.
Speaker 5: It to.
Speaker 3: Get in his household. You definitely can't do it.
Speaker 9: What's wrong with it?
Speaker 5: It's the last line, the last line. Okay, uh what he.
Speaker 3: Go in and great the quotes if you can make somebody type out, oh.
Speaker 22: My God, give me, give me, come on, come on, you're not Spanish, little dislike Alright, this.
Speaker 5: Is beneath That's what I said.
Speaker 4: That's bad Bundy is absolutely the right choice dropping the clothes bombs for I can't wait to watch his grandmother.
Speaker 8: Yeah all right, yeah, good streak.
Speaker 5: It's a good streak. Rock Nation hasn't missed yet with the time all.
Speaker 22: Yeah, and jay Z says, you know what bad Bunny has done and continues to do for Puerto Rico, it's truly inspiring.
Speaker 3: We are honored to have him on the world's biggest stage.
Speaker 4: And I wonder how it was it hard to convince him because he was adamant about not doing any shows in the US because he didn't want to like to talk at the concerts.
Speaker 3: It is a big stage.
Speaker 22: But I also think too, you got like rock Nation to work with, and if that's a concern, they do a lot for people in like the community space, So maybe there's like a bigger initiative that they might roll out around this too, if that is a conversation. But yes, so in other news, so we reported on ray Ja and those Kim Kardashian Chris Jenner Rico claims. A while back, we received a statement from the Kardashians attorney Alex Spiro, who says ray J's claims about any Rico involving the Kardashians are not true.
Speaker 3: That's an update there.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, he said that was clear, clear.
Speaker 22: That was that was it, but they're not true now and other news, so this is actually unfortunate news. So Terrence Crawford, uh frider Terance Crawford was celebrating, he was celebrating his win in his hometown and he was also uh you know, celebrating his birthday over.
Speaker 3: The weekend, and on the way leaving the.
Speaker 22: Birthday celebration, he was actually pulled over by police and held that gun point.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen to the video.
Speaker 2: Seabl right, I'm keeping on, I'm not reaching for.
Speaker 3: Can I can?
Speaker 17: I know.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, all that serious.
Speaker 5: God and all that extra serious.
Speaker 4: Seriously not that Yeah, it's it's a damn shame that a brother like Terrence Crawford who on Maha absolutely he loves. If you was watching Instagram this weekend, you saw all the I mean the sea of people that were out there for Terrence Crawfit, people of all racists, people of all ages, just coming together to celebrate their hometown hero Bud. And you got a couple of cops who just wanted to ruin his night for no reason.
Speaker 3: Yes, which makes.
Speaker 5: Which makes no sense right this reason.
Speaker 8: Only a population of four hundred and fifty five thousand people there, like, they know who Terrence Crawford is, They know who Bud is, They know it. Bud was going he had armed security license, armed security.
Speaker 5: It's just fact, like he said, they pulled him obile for reckless driving right now.
Speaker 22: Yeah, So the police said that before one thirty am local time of Nebraska, officers stopped the vehicle that he was in and they said that he was that the vehicle was driving recklessly. During the traffic stop, the police officers say that they observed a firearm on the driver's side floorboard and for safety, all of the occupants were ordered out of the vehicle at gunpoint. The driver of the vehicle was identified as Terrence Crawford and he was issued a citation for reckless driving. All four occupants in the car were legally permitted to carry firearms, including a member of car for security team who was carrying his own weapon at the time of the traffic stop. Police officer and a lieutenant have also respond also responded to the scene, and I do know. The mayor released a statement he said that you know, he learned about the police stop and he was, you know, disheartened after learning about this. He says that he spoke personally the terrence or to Bud Crawford, and he says that he acknowledges the seriousness of what occurred and how trust between law enforcement and the community is important and shows that this needs to be that they need to be vigilant about building this relationship.
Speaker 3: The mayor is saying that the.
Speaker 22: Police chief, tat a guy named Todd Shadmir has pledged an internal investigation, which the mayor says he fully supports because they want to be full and thorough. They plan to gather all the facts and be transparent with the public about their findings. When it comes to this stop, he says that his heart dropped and learning that this is how the day ended. It was an otherwise wonderful day for Terrence. He was celebrating in Omaha, Nebraska. You know, he was celebrating being world boxing champion, and then there was you know, the parade and his birthday. So for the day to end like that was just heartbreaking for him.
Speaker 5: And then you know, it's Terrence Crawford. You've been watching him all day, right.
Speaker 4: I would just assume that he has the same security team, you know, for the most part, So you I would think that if you're a police officer in this city, you would know him, and you would know all these individuals. And it's in Nebraska open carry, So why would you react like that if you see if you saw a firearm in the car, especially with Terrence Crawford driving, Like come on, man, Like, yeah, I don't think there's a need to react with by drawing your guns and telling them to get out the car.
Speaker 8: Very scary situation to do your job. He feels like any if they would have moved anyway, you could have lost his life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know you want you got to do your job as a police officer, But come on, man, this is it's Terrence Crawford driving you just saw this big parades having and he's with his security.
Speaker 5: Why would you ever assume anything negative was going on.
Speaker 22: I'm not for sure, but I mean they're gonna have to definitely make sure that this is going to have to be explained. So hopefully, you know, they got they got to think of some answers. So we'll be, you know, keeping up with what happens. But you know he is okay though, that is yeah, thank god.
Speaker 4: And check that police officer's Paulaise. Let's see if you lost any money.
Speaker 3: A plan you never know. That's crazy, you never know.
Speaker 4: Check is parulais go check everything is draft kings and brides fixed everything. Let's see if you put any money on Canelo or he might just be a little salty because he lost.
Speaker 8: All right, well that's the latest with Lauren. Now when we come back, we got front page news and don't go anywhere.
Speaker 5: It's to the breakfast Club. Good morning, I'm morning. Everybody is dj n V, Jess.
Speaker 8: Hilarious, Charlamagne the God. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get back in some front page news. So off for some quick sports and the last night the Falcons beat the Commanders, Giants beat the Chargers, The Eagles beat the Buccaneers, Texas beat the Titans, Patriots beat the Panthers, The Bills beat the Saints, Jaguars beat the forty nine Ers, The Lions beat the Browns, the Rams beat the Coats, the Bears beat the Raiders. The Packers and Cowboys tied in over time. Of course, the Chiefs beat the Ravers thirty seven twenty. Now tonight and Monday Night Football, the Jets take on the Dolphins at seven point fifteen and the Bengals take on the Broncos at eight fifty.
Speaker 5: Team now me is too.
Speaker 4: Late, man, I'm telling like, these games come on too late. They got to start these games two hours early. Bro, there's no reason for games were starting eight fifteen, eight thirty.
Speaker 9: Yeah. I think that's labustion too.
Speaker 8: I mean, like I said, I felt, let's sleep on the Cowboys game last night.
Speaker 5: What's up, Mimi?
Speaker 10: Good morning everyone? How y'all doing this morning?
Speaker 5: Black and Holly faedit, How you doing, Mimi?
Speaker 10: Good good, thanks for asking.
Speaker 11: Okay, So to this story that everyone's talking about this morning, We're going to start with a dramatic turn in the New York City politics with Mayor Eric Adams, he's officially dropping out the race, in the race for a second term, just five weeks before election day. So Charlemagne, let's flash back to last week. Less than a minute into his interview on the Breakfast Club, you asked him if he was dropping out.
Speaker 10: Let's listen to that.
Speaker 4: You know a question everybody keeps asking, are you dropping out of the mayor race?
Speaker 23: And you know what, I answered that one hundred and one time I said, no, I'm not. Our goal is to finish this race.
Speaker 4: You know, over the past weekend you didn't attend any public events while a lot of your I was without campaigning, and people use that to fuel.
Speaker 5: More speculation that you're preparing to drive out. So how do you respond to that?
Speaker 9: Sick too much to Charlemagne.
Speaker 5: No matter what I said, they.
Speaker 9: Did it anyway.
Speaker 5: So you're pulling in fourth place right now? Yeah, what makes you think you can steal?
Speaker 23: What I must do in these campaigns is I need my money?
Speaker 11: You gave them several times to answer the question, Charlemagne, and he said each time that he is saying in the race.
Speaker 14: Well.
Speaker 11: By Sunday his tone had changed, and then the nearly nine minute video posted to x set to Frank Sinatra's My Way, Itams admitted he can no longer see a path to re election.
Speaker 10: Let's listen to that.
Speaker 5: I cannot continue my re election campaign.
Speaker 23: The constant media speculation about my future and the campaign finance Board's decision to with whole millions of dollars have undermined my ability to raise the funds needed for a serious campaign.
Speaker 4: We knew that, man, And this is what makes politicians look ridiculous to us, to weed the people, because we see what we know we see, and y'all be trying to tell us we don't see it, and then things like this happen, And now you got to admit we were right the whole time.
Speaker 5: But you never admit we were right the whole time. Yeah, pretty bad.
Speaker 8: I mean, he was polling for if I think I think everybody knew he was gonna drop out, but he said he was gonna fight to the end.
Speaker 4: So the end with Sunday again, sold is on Thursday. He's gonna fight to the end, end with Sunday.
Speaker 5: And with Sunday, the.
Speaker 10: End was clearly Sunday.
Speaker 11: And so his exit now clears the way for former Governor Andrew Cuomo running as an independent while Democratic Socialist is Rwan Mandami.
Speaker 10: He is a clear front runner.
Speaker 11: A new poll has him up twenty points, with affordability, crime, and economy topping voters concerns. Mandami came out blasting both Adams and Cuomo, saying billionaire donors will not dictate this election, and Republican nominee Curtis Lee while he skipped over Adams entirely, insisting he is the only one who can beat Mondami and Cuomo, meanwhile praising Adams for putting the city above personal ambition. And just one thing to note, Adam's name will still be on the ballot because it's too late to remove it, but his campaign is over, So do not be.
Speaker 10: Confused if you see it there. He's out of the race.
Speaker 11: You want to make sure that your vote goes to a candidate who is still in the race.
Speaker 4: Well, a millionaire do'an is about to put everything behind Cuomo. So I hope Mundani is ready. I hope Mundannie's ready for every single, you know, personal attack that is going to happen to him over the next couple of months.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's definitely coming, and we're just now one day away from a possible government shut down, and the Trump administration is raising the stakes. President Trump is threatening to lay off thousands of federal workers permanently if funding runs out tomorrow night at midnight, and the White House Budget Office has directed agencies to prepare plans identifying programs that will lose money on October October first, if Congress fails to act now.
Speaker 10: In the past shut.
Speaker 11: Down workers, they're usually temporarily out of work and brought back once funding is restored, but this time, the Office of Management and Budget is signaling that many of those jobs will be cut off for good, which is a sharp break from President Now Lawmakers they do remain gridlock. Democrats insists any funding deal must include the Affordable Care Act subsidies set to expire at the end of the year, while Republicans argue that those discussions should wait. They want a clean bill to simply extend the funding now. Trump is expected to meet with congressional leaders at the White House later today, but with the deadline looming tomorrow at midnight, the risk of a shutdown and the possibility of mass layoffs is very very real.
Speaker 10: That's where we are with that.
Speaker 11: And lastly, if you travel through Atlanta Airport often this story is for you. The world's busiest airport just turned down thirty seven million dollars in federal funding to stand firm on its commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Now that money was part of a larger fifty seven million dollar FAA package for restroom upgrades, taxiway repairs, and sustainability projects. Earlier this year, the Trump administration they added a new rule that airports taking federal money must declare their DEI efforts will not conflict with federal law. Well cities like New York, San Francisco, and Boston. They sued, but Atlanta tried to strike the language from its grant agreement, but the FAA refused, and so city officials didn't sign, and days later the federal government confirmed the money was off the table. So Atlanta says the trap that this money will not make a difference, You will not notice it. They point that federal money only makes up ten percent of their airport's ten billion dollar capital plan, and they will find other ways to fund upgrades without disrupting passengers. But they did not want to get rid of their DEI programs. S.
Speaker 5: Dope, we's allude to the Atlanta A dope.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so that's your front page news. I'm me MEI Brown. Follow me at Mimi Brown TV.
Speaker 11: For more news, follow the Black Information Network and download the free iHeartRadio app or visit biannews dot com.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Mimi, Thank you Ja.
Speaker 8: All right, when we come back, we have the cast of Ruth and Boaz joining us Davon, Franklin, Sorea, and Tyler Lepley, and we'll talk to them next.
Speaker 5: And don't move. It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Everybody is DJ Envy just so larious.
Speaker 8: Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. He got some special guests in the building this morning. INDEEDVN, Franklin, Soria and Tyler Lepley welcome.
Speaker 6: If you call her Soriat.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, Soriety, something like something. I gotta go to CVS. I gotta get something for the you you about, and I got a lot better.
Speaker 18: Don't do that.
Speaker 2: Film family.
Speaker 4: They have a movie on Netflix called Ruth and bow As, right, and you know, if you know any thing about Ruth and Boas is a biblical story. So what elements of the original biblical story of Ruth and bow as did y'all preserve for this film?
Speaker 12: Man, we preserved a lot of the element when you go and you read the Book of Ruth and then you look at the movie. You know, everything that we did in the film was basically rooted in the word. You know, her journey, you know with Naomi, how she finds Boaz, and we really wanted to say, Okay, this is what the scripture says, but then how do we make it modern?
Speaker 9: And so everything you see in the.
Speaker 12: Film, it's I think we did a pretty good job, you know, of making sure that anything that you see in that film you can go back to a verse and say, this is where we got it from.
Speaker 3: Was it difficult modernizing the story though.
Speaker 12: I mean, there's no rule book on how to modernize a Bible story, so it was challenging. But then there were certain things that were pretty easy because the story itself lays out like a movie, you know, And that's one of the reasons why I wanted to produce it. This is why I wanted to make it is because when you see how Ruth and Boas come together, they're not looking for love.
Speaker 9: They're actually looking to be of service.
Speaker 12: And as part of that commitment, they find each other, and so when you see it, it was like, Okay, you know, what would Moab look like? Well, maybe that's like the Atlanta music scene. And what would you know, Bethlehem look like? Okay, well maybe that's like Pegrim, Tennessee. So it was difficult, but ultimately we just had to kind of take those creative license and hopefully the audience will enjoy it.
Speaker 5: Now you have a dealing with Tyler Perry. How did that come about?
Speaker 17: Man?
Speaker 12: So listen. So about a couple of years ago, after I did my film Flaming Hot, I'm sitting at home and I didn't have a production deal. So if you know anything about Hollywood, in order to have a production company, you have to have a production deal with the studio because that's how you have employees and that's how you make your films. So even though Flaming Hot did very well, I did not have a deal. And so I was sitting at home and I was like, okay, God, what what what do you want me to do? And out of the blue, my phone rings and it's Tyler Perry and he said, hey, man, I hear you're making a deal with Netflix. Now I had a meeting at Netflix a few months before, but I didn't know. There wasn't really a whole lot of follow ups. I wasn't sure what was going on. But he called me and said, Yo, I hear you. You're making a deal with Netflix. Let's partner up and do it together. And I was like, Yes, let's do it. And so we negotiated a three picture deal with Netflix. This is the first of its kind. You've never seen, you know, two black men of faith coming together to make content and faith, you know, with the biggest streamer in the world. And that to me, like when you look at Tyler like I don't know why God put that on his mind, but here I am trying to figure it out. Boom and there was the answer. And to be able to make Ruth and Boaz, I mean, to be able to make it the way we wanted to make it, to have the creative, creative autonomy and the authority, and to be able to put it together, you know, with such an incredible cast. It all came from the partnership.
Speaker 22: How did it feel Because when the screen opens for the movie, it's.
Speaker 3: Your name, then it's Tyler Perry Studios.
Speaker 22: And I was like, that is so cool. How did it feel for you the first time you saw that on listen?
Speaker 9: This is what faith works. That's how it felt. It felt gratifying.
Speaker 12: You know, as a kid, I always had the dream of making my own films. That's why I came to Hollywood. I wanted to have my own production company. And to see that on screen Devon Franklin Entertainment, Tyler Perry Studios, and Ruth and Boaz, It's like, Wow, dreams do come true and faith works.
Speaker 9: So it felt good.
Speaker 5: So Sorian Taler, did y'all know the story of Ruth and Boy and Tyler? Did y'all know the story of Ruth and Boy?
Speaker 16: I did, like roughly, you know, just growing up in church, you here of Ruth and Boaz. But I never really explicitly read the book of Ruth and until doing this this story, getting more information on it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean that to sound like a heathen. But I didn't grow up in the church or nothing like that.
Speaker 24: But I have heard about you know, I have heard about the story of Ruth and Bois a little bit. So when it was time to actually dive into it once, I you know, once I had booked it, you know, I read up on it a little bit to to you know, just at least have to have some type of foundation in terms of, you know, find the truth and how we're gonna figure it out.
Speaker 5: But after you read Aster, how much of Ruth's story.
Speaker 3: Could you relate to personally? I mean, she went through so much.
Speaker 16: She has a lot of a lot of baggage and trauma, deep deep traumas. But I do resonate with her on having like an instinct to reroute and change things in my life and maybe stepping out on faith on things that I'm not necessarily sure is gonna work out.
Speaker 3: But hey, I want to be an actress.
Speaker 16: That sounds pretty far fetched to a lot of the world, So I can. I can get where her fire and her passion is coming from.
Speaker 3: How are you baby? Well? Thank you? Thank you as well, thank you as your mental everything is good. I mean, because you're working.
Speaker 6: You had that baby working out, you know, your mommy, but now you're you're still actress, singer, mommy out does that all fit?
Speaker 16: It's it's actually one day at a time, yeah, you know, And just having that grace for myself that I don't have to have all together has been the biggest I guess lesson for me throughout all of.
Speaker 3: This, but it's been great, thank God.
Speaker 16: I mean, you know after that first month where I was like, yeah, you know, now it's just like I could use to sleep.
Speaker 3: But that's about it.
Speaker 16: I'm good.
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 8: I want to ask you know, when doing a faith based movie, right, growing up as a kid, when you hear anything faith based, you thinking it's gonna be nothing but Christian singing, it's not.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be that type of thing.
Speaker 8: Did you have did you ever think about, well, maybe I don't want to do it because it's faith based, or did you just dive.
Speaker 5: Right in personally?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 16: I mean I feel like God has always been very much a part of my life, and I do. I do think that made you laugh, Yeah, because Devon Actually we worked on Kingdom Business together B and C Plus, which was also a faith faith based and I really feel like sometimes God is funny and the way of presenting me with characters that I kind of like in life for a little bit marrying as far as like their relationship with God. So it's kind of funny for me to to have played Rebel and Kingdom Business and now Ruth and Ruth and Boaz, right, So that's why I laughed.
Speaker 3: But no, it really did not deter me at all.
Speaker 16: If anything determined me was the music, because I played so many music characters, so that that was the part.
Speaker 9: She took a little convincing.
Speaker 12: I was like, come on, She said no at first, Well, she didn't want to come in to audition because it was a little music driven.
Speaker 9: So I had to hit her up.
Speaker 12: I was like, Yo, trust me, you're gonna want to do this, come on in.
Speaker 4: And so thankfully she That was mirroring in your life because you know this this is like, this story is about God's timing and divine orchestration. So what was what was going on in your life when you got to call for this?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 16: My goodness so much. But I could say that love was also on the brink for me, like I was in a new relationship with this role. I found out I was pregnant. Like during while filming, there was a lot of things kind of with Ruth that I was in the in the script and some of the things she says kind of just rang true for me.
Speaker 3: What about you even what you did?
Speaker 24: Yeah, I think I think for me, you know, when I when I got the call, I was just in a space last year.
Speaker 9: I mean even before last year.
Speaker 24: Uh you know, like I said, I never grew up in the church, but it was something that I was always seeking. I'm saying it was sought after for me, and you know, it started spiritually. But then I you know, then I kind of wanted to go to church more and you know, just just show up in.
Speaker 9: The place of worship, not just to kind of feel it on the inside.
Speaker 24: So I think for me outside of the artistry and me wanting to be able to tackle role like this, I've never done a uh you know, a love story before.
Speaker 9: You know, the.
Speaker 24: Aspect of it being a faith based film is actually something that was kind of right on top for me. You know, I just I just proposed to at the time, you know, my girlfriend, we were obviously my fiance now so.
Speaker 9: Even just thank you, I appreciate that.
Speaker 24: But but even miracle, but even you know, making a choice to go ahead and and honor our union under God, and you know, making that choice and walking forward in it or uh, you know, I've just I've had I've had some issues in life where you know, choosing to handle it with with with grace is something that's continuing to be on the forefront of my mind and whatnot.
Speaker 9: So it was just it was just perfect time.
Speaker 24: And so I actually actually love diving into the to the faith based aspect.
Speaker 5: Of it that I was working with. The icon, the legend, Miss Felicia.
Speaker 3: My gosh, talk about it.
Speaker 16: She said something really cool. I mean, it was amazing for me. I think we all have really cool stories about her. She she brings this or in this presence and this groundedness, and she's also very humble to be the icon and the person we're speaking about. She's like, oh, thank you, like you know, you know, let's let's talk about you now.
Speaker 3: And I think that's really cool aspect to her.
Speaker 16: We many times in our cast hares we're just talking about like relationships and just different things.
Speaker 10: Like she's she's a really really dope human being.
Speaker 5: Y'all did use a stunt double when she got pushed down.
Speaker 9: Just making thing about her.
Speaker 12: She was cool with being on the ground.
Speaker 9: She was, Yes, The thing about her is that.
Speaker 12: She was like, y'all stop stop it, like I got it.
Speaker 9: So she did do.
Speaker 12: She didn't get the hip part, but she definitely fell on the she wanted to, Yeah, far enough to make.
Speaker 3: My heart.
Speaker 22: I was like, oh my god, why would you do that? Like you cannot just put her on the ground.
Speaker 12: She the reason why she is that way is because she takes her craft serious. Yeah, and not only that, I means what Sorea was saying. You know, every day that she was on set, her aura. You know, she brought, you know, excellen, she brought grace, she brought a sense of calm, peace, and I'll never forget. You know. One day we were shooting at the location for her house and it overlooks a lake, and so in between setups, you know, I hear this voice saying, you know, Devine, come and I turn around and it's Miss Felicious. She's sitting on a bench. She says, come here, and she pats on the bench. She says, sit down, and I said yeah. She said, you know, you're working really hard, this is your movie, but you got to breathe. You got to take all this in. Wow, don't just you know, rush through the fruits of your labor.
Speaker 9: Take it in. And I said, wow.
Speaker 12: Took a moment to breathe, and then we started talking about you know, our histories and you know, sharing stories, and I said, Wow, this is what it's like to have an elder in your presence. They see the potential and they see it, but they also want you to know, Hey, life is a is a marathon, not a sprint, relaxed, enjoy and so that that's a moment that just speaks to who she is.
Speaker 4: Do you ever get in posta syndrome in those moments, like when you're doing a film and you have to think yourself like, ah, man, I'm doing a film for Netflix.
Speaker 5: I got far, I got I got Tyler, lovely Tyler.
Speaker 9: No, I don't.
Speaker 12: I don't get imposter syndrome. I mean because you know, I've been working in entertainment since i was eighteen years old. Uh, and I've been working specifically, you know, in film ever since then. And so when I'm making a movie, you know, I'm making a movie like from a place of experience, expertise, and nobody knows how to make a movie a faith that's commercial better than me and so I and that's not based upon arrogance, that's just based upon confidence and experience and having done it time and time and time again. And so when I'm on set, you know, if anything I'm like, Okay, what am I not thinking about?
Speaker 9: You know, is there?
Speaker 12: And then also, you know, wanting to make sure that they're good. You know, at the end of the day, I can do all things I can do, But at the end of the day, if the talent doesn't feel if I'm saying, hey, I want to make movies of inspiration and faith, and the experience behind the scene isn't inspirational or positive, then I think it kind of undermines what I'm trying to do. And I make sure that they're good.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm glad you said that, because the film portrays these ideas of worthiness and acceptance, especially in regard to boas is like evolution and transformation.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, it was important.
Speaker 12: That was really important because I really wanted, you know, you know, any man watching this movie, any woman as well, but you know, specifically, you know, any man watching this movie to see themselves in Boaz. And I think one of the things that's so you know, noble in a power. And also the way that Tyler plays Boaz is you know, with the care and the tenderness, and he's not looking to get from Ruth, He's looking to give to Ruth. You know, and I think that that is that's a different dynamic, and I really wanted to make sure that that was articulated and portrayed because that, to me, is where love is. You know, love comes out of sacrifice. Like and I'm not trying to get from you.
Speaker 5: He didn't need anything from her.
Speaker 9: All, he really. I mean what was cool about Ruth.
Speaker 12: All she provided him was was a safe space to be able to talk, to be able to communicate, to be heard, and that is how she expressed her love and he expressed his love through giving to make sure she knew she was okay.
Speaker 6: So that was important to me as far as casting went right, Like did you say because I feel like every role that Tyler plays and every role that Sorea plays, it seems like it's specifically for them.
Speaker 3: They just do a great job with it.
Speaker 6: Did you know who you had in mind when you were when you said, okay, I want to do Ruth and BoA's story.
Speaker 12: When I started the process, I didn't. I just was working on getting the script right. Mike Elliott and Corey and wrote the script, and our amazing director Lina Brown, you know, directed the movie. And so once we got into the casting process, that's when I said, oh, this is Sorea, and so I kept hitting up her team, like hey, when she coming in, when she coming in audition, and then that's when I finally ultimately called her and said hey, come in. And then when she auditioned, it was like, oh, well there's Ruthe. But with Boaz, I didn't know that Tyler Lepley was going to come in. I knew like I wanted a guy who you know, had the the gravitas, had the sex appeal, but also had the heart. But I didn't know that he was you know, I didn't. I didn't even it wasn't even the thought. And then we had a couple of guys we were chemistry reading with Soirea and at the eleventh hour, Tyler Lepley sends in a self tape and I watched the self tape and I'm like, well, there's Boaz. I mean, without any direction, he just dropped into the essence of the character. And we were like, okay, he did it, and we brought him in, did a chemistry read, and it was evident that they were the ones destined to play these parts.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 6: I had to finish plan because Tyler said this, it was right on top, and because he was already talking to the Lord, I.
Speaker 8: Was gonna tell you, how did you know this one was for you? Because you sent in that tape immediately? So how did you know that? Like this this part for me.
Speaker 24: I think I think it really dawned on me after I after I had uh sent the tape in, we did the chemistry read, which is funny too because we were actually on a different set shooting something else together.
Speaker 9: So you know, that was that was a unique experience.
Speaker 24: But after I had after I had booked it, we had a scheduling conflict with with this in p Valley were shooting at the same time, and you know, there was a period of time where, you know, per the line producers, these are the ones who deal with the schedule.
Speaker 9: This this wasn't gonna work. So there was a few days.
Speaker 24: Like even me and Devin were you know, kind of chatting back and forth on the text and like, you know, the energy was kind of like all right, well, you know, i'll see, i'll see, I'll catch you next time. And it was like, damn, that's what that's kind of next time? I said, man, I said, there was something about this that just it just felt special because kind of what I was talking about earlier, you know, trying to get in touch with the Lord, and then you know, it just it just felt like this was going to be special. And and I was like, man, I ain't going down without a fight.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 24: I played baseball for one year and I was always I was always striking out, but I was always going down. Looking my mom told me like, man, you got to at least you're going down, you gotta swing. So I was like, all right, well, let me pick the phone up, let me call, let me call de Vne, and let me call Kature because you know, everybody, everybody at the studio saying they can't can't figure this out, and uh, you know, really really it was it was because of you and Katuri the reason that I was. I was blessed enough to be able to step into this role, you know what I'm saying. So as I look back on it, you know, hindsight is always twenty twenty. When I look at how you know, God orchestrated it, it was like, man, it was I was, I was right on point. This is something that I felt like I was destined to do. So man, I appreciate you.
Speaker 12: No, absolutely, I would just interject on that you know, what God has for you is for you. And so you know, Katori and I, you know, got on the phone and went through that schedule and said, okay, you need him here, I need him here.
Speaker 9: Okay, I can't give you that date, but can you give me that date?
Speaker 12: And then we went to the line producers and then the studios and say this is what it is. And a lot of times they're like, well, you got to have insurance and said no, Me and Katory a brother and sister, we worked it out as he needs to be able to do both. So whatever is for you, just stay in it and keep fighting for it because when it's meant to be, it'll be.
Speaker 4: You know, the secular ambitions that that roof has right with the spiritual calling she's dealing with too.
Speaker 5: Have any of y'all ever had the deal with that in the industry and if so.
Speaker 9: How did you resolve? I'm sorry? What was it again?
Speaker 4: The secular ambitions that roof has also the spiritual calling she's dealing with. Have you any have y'all ever had that battle with y'all personal experiences in the industry it's.
Speaker 9: Been a long week breaking down a secular and sterns what's up?
Speaker 5: Secular? Worldly, non religious? I don't I want you to be over here?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, for sure, I would say. I would say for me.
Speaker 24: When I was coming out of uh now I'm from right outside of Philly, and I was, uh, you know, on my own levels.
Speaker 9: You know, I was making a little bit of money.
Speaker 24: I was, I was kind of doing my thing, you know, at least so I thought. But nothing made sense for me to go out to l A, you know, but something was, something was calling me. I felt like God was, you know, God was pushing me in that direction, and it was you know, it was a battle too to leave everything that I've ever known, you know, to chase something that I've never seen. You know, I feel it, and so so I do feel like I can connect with Ruth on that because I forget what the actual line is, but like it's it's one of those lines, one of those memorable lines where she talks about, you know, God is leading me somewhere else and it's nothing that anybody else around me can may really be able to understand, but it's something that I feel, and it's something that I'm going to honor, you know, So I really connect with Ruth on that aspect for sure.
Speaker 16: What about you, Sarah, I don't know if I've ever felt like I was being pulled away from what God wanted for me or what I felt like innately inside of me. But I could say that it is hard to navigate when you do have that voice inside of you because there is a lot to there's a lot to be involved with when it comes to our industry. So when thinking about it from that aspect, I can say I said no to a lot of hangouts and dealings with people, and thank god I did, because I didn't really know why I was saying no, but I just knew I didn't feel necessarily comfortable or I felt like a weird vibe. So I just decided not to be out and about and doing different things. And now looking back on that, I am grateful that I kind of followed that voice because there are a lot of situations I realized that, oh yeah, that person was definitely up to no good asking me to do av ANDC you know what I mean. So I think that there's there's definitely.
Speaker 3: A lot of that while navigating this industry.
Speaker 5: For sure, what about you because you have answered your calling spiritual calling, Yeah, but you still have you still want to be successful in this business?
Speaker 9: Sure? Sure.
Speaker 12: I mean for me it was like the ambition always has been to go to a secular environment. Right when you look at Hollywood and you know, some may argue it's one of the most secular environments on the planet. But for me, you know, when I first started, I didn't know I was going to be making content that would be inspirational or faith based at all. But I did have a sense of I don't want to compromise my soul.
Speaker 9: To open the door of this business.
Speaker 12: So like at eighteen years old, you know, first internship interview, they asked me, you know, this is what it was for the company that managed will Smith, and they said, is there anything else you want us to know? And I said, well, you know, I observe sabage, so if take in this internship would require me to work on the Sabbath, I won't take it. So at that point in time, I wasn't really doing consciously. I was just saying, this is my conviction, you know, like I don't want to compromise who I am in my identity for this business. And then what happened was they said, sure, no problem, and I got the internship and every job that I've ever had goes back to that internship. And so what that showed me is that you can be in a secular environment and still maintain your spirituality because I don't believe that God would ordain success for any of us that requires us to compromise who we are. Because if it's like wait, if it's God, no honor who you He he has created you to be.
Speaker 9: And if that door opens, walk through it.
Speaker 12: But if it doesn't, do not conform yourself to get that because what's on the other side of that door is you're going to need the faith that you left in the identity you left outside the door to be successful.
Speaker 3: So that's part yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, So for me, it was it was just about incorporating the essence of who I am and the identity and in the spirituality and being a Christian and allowing God to nab gate my path in this you know, secular environment.
Speaker 22: Earlier, Soria, when you guys are talking about you almost I answered the call to do the role, did you say it was because music was involved? So you don't that was something you didn't want to do anymore?
Speaker 16: Well, yes, and no, I think that there are Like I think because of the last few roles that I have done or been a part of, had that female who was you know, navigating, but also had a music element, and I am also like putting out music, and so I wanted to just be mindful of gotcha just where that was placed in me. But honestly, like Devon said this, this film is a lot more than the music.
Speaker 3: It's not just the music. And I hadn't I didn't know it at the time.
Speaker 16: But I got to work with Babyface, so that was so that was amazing. So but yeah, that was kind of like my reasoning behind behind it.
Speaker 3: Just wanting to you know, play different characters. That's that's really all it is, and expand my creativity and things like that.
Speaker 4: You ever tried to help a person and then you realize they are the reason they have problems?
Speaker 5: Noting them? How do you convey that?
Speaker 12: Well, it's funny, Charlotte made its hilarious.
Speaker 4: I want to say, you ever tried to help a person and then I realize they are the reason.
Speaker 9: They have problems?
Speaker 5: Ain't nothing external? Yes, it's you.
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, I have been in that situation.
Speaker 12: And the thing is to be compassionate, you know, compassion because a lot of times it's very easy to well, let me put it this way, it's very hard for all of us to look in the mirror and actually hold and look at what we see because we don't like to look at the parts of ourselves that we want to change, that we're not happy with. And so in those situations, it's like, Okay, before I just like trying to call the person out or anything, I say, Okay, let's just have compassion, you know, and like, hey, the problem you're trying to solve, it may be because of the perspective that you have. Okay, well, well why do you have that perspective, Well, let's talk about it. Because I think just creating an environment where there's no judgment and there's acceptance and that there can be communication because trying to unpack something, whether it's trauma or tragedy or disappointments or things that you may have gone through years ago, trying to unpack that takes time. And I think sometimes we get so mad at people for not being where we want them to be, and we're all on a journey in this thing called life, and we're at different stages. So I just try to approach it with compassion and still clarity. You know, if someone comes to me for help and they're asking my opinion, then I will give it. I will say, hey, you know, I think the reason why you know you may have been going through different relationships is because you know, you keep bringing that mentality to each relationship instead of being the love you want to receive. You're looking for this person to provide you with what you're not doing for yourself. So you know, I'm still gonna be honest, but I'm gonna do it hopefully in a compassionate and loving way so that then that they can actually take it in. Because if I come with the sledgehammer, you know, and I come with why aren't you doing that? Then the help that I could have provided them I missed the opportunity because I'm trying to impose impose my process on them instead of being compassionate, loving. Hey, here's some things you could look at. And then everyone then has to make a committee of one to make the decision. You know what, Okay, I'm going to make some changes and I'm going to do the work because I want the reflection of my life to.
Speaker 3: Change, So be compassionate.
Speaker 22: Boldie baptism checking man.
Speaker 18: Don't come, I said you all right.
Speaker 8: Well, we appreciate you guys for this. Thank you so much. Make sure you check it out. It's on Netflix now. Ron Franklin, Soreya and Tyler Lepley. Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: It's The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Morning Morning, everybody sj env just Hilarius Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 5: We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the latest with Lauren. Lauren becoming a straight back. She gets them to somebody that knows somebody detail.
Speaker 3: I'm the homegirl that knows a little bit about everything, and.
Speaker 5: She'd be having the latest on.
Speaker 9: The Latest with Lauren la Rossa.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you have facts, sometimes you have details, sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 9: It's the latest on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 22: Young Thug had a pretty busy weekend. There were you waving at the screen, invioty. There there were a few interviews with him that dropped. But also he did a pop up performance outside of the courthouse that you got to see the videos from outside of the court house.
Speaker 5: Did I did? That was definitely part of his parole, right.
Speaker 22: So you'll remember when he was released on conditions, he said that he would do certain things in the community, and they mentioned doing like a couple of pop up shows that would give back or whatever. Some people thought it was crazy that he went and performed outside of the courthouse, but there was a message, so there was a live stream. He performed several songs, but the message was this is not where you want to end up. This place changed my life. You don't want to end up here unless you're on the other side of it. So that's what that was about. To answer your question, Charlotmage, Yes, and that was that the Lewis R. Slayton Slaton Courthouse, which is where the Ysel trial went down. Now, Young Thug also on this press run and the interviews I mentioned, he sat down with the guys over at the Pivot and he talked a lot about how his life has changed since being released from prison, and one of the things he talked about is dealing with depression or identifying it now because he talked about his feelings more and he says that he doesn't see a need for a therapist, nor for his girlfriend to go to see a therapist either.
Speaker 3: Let's say a listen to that.
Speaker 24: You mentioned whether or not you didn't know if you were depressed or not you ever considered therapy though I.
Speaker 9: Ain't never really considered it.
Speaker 25: I always felt like I had O gez like I always that you already knew.
Speaker 3: I feel like a therapist is gonna do the same thing.
Speaker 9: I feel like we know better.
Speaker 5: We just got to do better.
Speaker 25: You know what you don't supposed to do, Like you don't need me now, one of them all no therapists to tell you, like if you tell your therapy. Man going back and forth with my wife, Bro, I'm just trying to what they gonna say, let her, let her be heard, shut up, sometimes listen more than you talk.
Speaker 5: They gonna say the same.
Speaker 9: It's just like, man, that's another bill.
Speaker 25: Me personally, I feel like it's a weakness in that because I feel like, listen.
Speaker 5: To my girl, it's really a slapping face to me.
Speaker 25: You know what I'm saying. I was telling my girl that, like, I don't think you need a therapist. I don't think I need a therapist. I feel like I'm not a man. If my girl get a therapist, damn, you actually will call somebody and listen to what they got to say over me instead of just listening to what I'm what I'm telling because you don't.
Speaker 5: Know what the hell you're talking about.
Speaker 4: But that's why you shouldn't not get until you try it in regard to therapy, because it's not just about you know, knowing better and doing better. It's about giving you practices and techniques that help you deal with you know, internal issues, your unhealed trauma.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but that mentality is a mentality for somebody like you said that does not know, right, because I can imagine myself saying that probably ten to fifteen years ago, like now, we don't need to go to no therapy. What they gonna say the same thing I'm gonna say. They're just gonna say listen. But unless you know and understand the techniques and tools you to actually help somebody, he'd be he probably should try Firstly.
Speaker 4: When he said he's talking to this girl, he said, he said, youre gonna listen to somebody else before you listen to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you just saw some my issues. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: You had a lot of unheal trauma that you haven't dealt with. So once you deal with your trauma.
Speaker 5: Then maybe I'll listen to you a little bit more.
Speaker 6: I was with him until he said that he don't think that Mariah needs one. I mean, because you can't really say nobody else needs Yeah, I mean I but like I said, I was up. I was with him up until he said that part, because he seems like he knows right from wrong.
Speaker 3: You know what you're not supposed to do. I mean everything he said was right.
Speaker 22: He said too to your point, just that he's in a new space. This is the first time that he's even talked about his feelings, and he points back to the interview with Big Bank. He hasn't, he said, he's never had conversations about his feelings to even understand. People have told him that he probably was depressed, but he's never understood it. But I think that comes from too, like the whole thing with Mariah scientists. I think a lot of times men feel like what happens at home's supposed to at home, and they're supposed to solve everything, and you can as a person, you can't solve everything.
Speaker 3: But I just think it's a new space for him.
Speaker 22: He's learning. And of course, when this clip went out and people saw it. There were a lot of people reaching out to him, trying to have conversations. He also did say too that doing these interviews with people he respects has been a form of therapy for him. So I think he'll slowly arrive to where people want him to get to now.
Speaker 4: Maybe, but I will say this once again, it's not about knowing right from wrong. It's about dealing with your unhealed trauma. And if you don't deal with your trauma, your trauma will ultimately deal with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, he will say the set downs that he's been having though he's he's telling the truth, open it up.
Speaker 3: He's being vulnerable, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: People were making fun of him and all of that, But I do see somebody that's vulnerable and a lot of people, well, he's saying a lot of things that people wouldn't expect him to say, being real.
Speaker 8: About it, and these interviews. I see somebody that needs help. Yes, that's what I see. No help something, somebody that needs help. We just being depressed that he if he didn't have kids, he wouldn't want to be here to say.
Speaker 22: He's been tweeting a lot of things that are a bit disturbed too, talking about not wanting to be here yet, and I think that's what it is.
Speaker 3: It's a start now.
Speaker 22: He also did the interview with Big Loon over at the It's Up There podcasts. The full interview is not out yet, but there's a clip clip that dropped and its you guys. Remember when Young Thub dropped the album cover. He was white face, blue eyes, and I was like, what does this mean? You w y Scottie right, So he explained what the album cover means. He says, if you go if you want to go big, you go white.
Speaker 26: Let's take a listen, let's talk about the uy school the album cover. Explain to your fans and to the people what message you was sending, if any, and what's the thinking behind the album cover. I think it was just like some funny but it's still like serious to the point whereas like I went with it, you know what I'm saying, But it really just some fun.
Speaker 25: You know, in oighborhood, we always joked and played. You know, I got a lot of white friends, but we always joked and played in my hood, like you want to be the biggest, go white. And that's why I said when I put the abm covat Hey, if you want to be the biggest, go white.
Speaker 22: So over the you know, since the album has dropped, you also posted photos of a lot of the features on the album, White Face with Blue Eyes, Cardi B my Riola's Scientists.
Speaker 3: Look Yeah, wife, and Lucci as well. Uh.
Speaker 22: I thought this was Central c but it's twenty one Savage. He looks like central Seed.
Speaker 5: We saw that play before though. Donald Glover did that.
Speaker 4: Remember when Donald Glover wrote that poem back in the day called I think it might have been called big and White, and he used to say, you know, if you want it. I forgot what dond I'm paraphrasing, but he was like, if you want to be big, you gotta be white.
Speaker 5: He was like, Will Smith is white? Whit Remember when he came up Birth Couple?
Speaker 4: You were all about that and I was like, why do you relate everything that's great to whiteness?
Speaker 5: So it's always it's a whole play.
Speaker 3: I've seen this play honestly, that needs to be studied. But ya, it looks no different.
Speaker 5: Look cold. I just looked like he's freezing in New York somewhere at Chicago.
Speaker 22: Yes, and I also to I don't have time to play it. But I did watch Wife and Lucci's interview over the weekend, and he talked about no, not that one, there was another one.
Speaker 5: With a young lady.
Speaker 22: No, I'm gonna get his sorry, hold on, let me tell you what he talked about while I got that. So he talked about how because you know, people were surprised to see him at the collaborating on music, and he talked about how that came about, and he said it was twenty one Savage that put them on the phone and was like, yo, y'all need to have a conversation, and then there a song came about.
Speaker 3: It was with us.
Speaker 22: He sat down for Serious XM and Pandora with Flaguy DC in Atlanta, and I thought that that was dope to hear that. Twenty one is you know, behind the scenes we hear so much about and we heard the phone call with twenty one Savage and young Thug and him kind of like getting them straight a bit, So you know, good to hear that that was the glue, like, hey, y'all need to move forward.
Speaker 3: And then a song came about.
Speaker 4: So every time I hear twenty one talk all I say to myself, is twenty one of the smartest out of everybody and the whole scene.
Speaker 5: To me, I'll say the wisest, the wisest.
Speaker 22: I think they all just know they got a lot. They've talked a lot this weekend about they know they got a lot.
Speaker 5: Tho listeners.
Speaker 22: Yeah, thug said that at the courthouse too, like it's too much to lose for them to be out here beefits. So they did their working together down to try to help other people save their lives.
Speaker 8: And I think twenty one figured that out a long time ago. Absolutely all right, Well that's the latest. Lauren Charlamage who got a duncan qwo man for after the hour?
Speaker 4: We need a dentist named doctor Harlen Grewell to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 8: We like to have a word withever polease all right, we'll get to that next. And don't forget, Michael Blackson will be joining us comedians, so don't move.
Speaker 5: It's to breakfast club.
Speaker 4: Good morning, damn he hog it's donkey jay.
Speaker 9: I me ain't trying to be donkey today no more.
Speaker 5: They should be embassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these days.
Speaker 3: Called Donkey of the Day, and it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 6: Damn Charlomagne, who got the donkey out of the day today?
Speaker 4: Well, Jess hilarious donkey today for Monday, September twenty ninth goes to a dentist and Sarah No Santa Clarita, California. Okay, Santa Clarita, California. Her name is doctor Harlen Grewell. Now, doctor Halen Grewell is an Abba Trump supporter, and I have zero problem with that. I have zero problem with Trump supporters. The problem I have with Trump supporters is when they have problems with me.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: See, we live in a country where it should be possi for us to have disagreements. We should be able to be in different political parties, being different religions, and not want to hurt each other because of these differences.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: I have a level of respect for every single human on this planet, and that level of respect is based on.
Speaker 8: This simple principle called the Golden rule. Remember that we learned it in elementary school. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Simple concept that I live by.
Speaker 5: Okay, treat people the way you would like to be treated.
Speaker 9: That's it.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to do anything to a person I wouldn't want done to meet. If we all live by this simple concept, the world will be a better place. But no, we live in the divide and States of America where people believe that differences give them the license to hurt those they don't agree with, and that's when it goes too far. And doctor Halleen Gruell is one of those individuals who believes because you share a different political view than she does, she can cause you pain. Let's go to ABC seven for the report, please.
Speaker 7: As Santa Clarita Denti is defending herself over a video that's now gone viral. The clip shows her joking about giving different care to patients who aren't Trump supporters.
Speaker 27: So I have a secret hat I use sometimes. It says make your smile great again. So I wear that when I work on my patients, so when they look horrified or complain, I quietly cut back on the laughing.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 7: Doctor Harlane gray Wall's office posted the video two years ago. Recently it began circulating on social media. Doctor Greywall said the controversy is being driven by someone trying to quote cancel her.
Speaker 27: They asked me if I had said that, and I said yes, I said in one of my roasting speeches at a women's Republican group, why can't we just take a joke lightheartedly? But that was taken to cancel me, and the dental Board did an investigation. They cleared it out and said there was nothing they could find that proved any of them.
Speaker 7: Some of doctor Greywall's patients emailed us saying they're changing dentists. Doctor gray Wall says her patients are her family and that this is all a politically motivated smear campaign.
Speaker 5: So it was a joke. Why didn't I laugh?
Speaker 4: I didn't, you know what I'm saying, Like listen, I missed the days when we didn't talk about religion and politics. But then there's a part of me that's glad we talk about religion and politics because then you can choose to support someone and not support them. But my thing is those shouldn't be reasons not to support people, but it absolutely is if that person is on BS, like doctor Harlen gruell Is.
Speaker 5: But you have to ask yourself where does it end?
Speaker 4: Because the only thing that keeps our societies civilized is trust.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: We all have these circles of trust with each other as humans. Okay, you trust the pilot to get you to your destination safely when you're on a plane. You trust the bus driver to get you to your destination safely when you're on the bus. You trust the person at Starbucks making your coffee not to poison you.
Speaker 5: Okay. You trust the person.
Speaker 8: Making your food at Shakeshack to not skeep and your banana put in shake.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's all about trust. Okay, be mouthwatering. What happens when we get no longer trust each other? Now, I know you're saying yourself, what are you talking about, Uncle Charlotte. Do you see the world we live in folks don't trust each other? Now, that is not accurate. I know there's a lot of bs in this country, and bad things happen all the time.
Speaker 5: Okay, there are.
Speaker 4: People who actually absolutely violate this circle of trust that we have in this country every day. But for the most part, the bat average of trust is pretty good. Okay, this thing could really go off the rails, and I know it often feels like it is. But for the most part, we stay on track.
Speaker 5: But for how long?
Speaker 4: Okay, when you have a dentist like doctor harleean grew Well not only exhibiting this kind of behavior, but proudly letting you know this is what she does, even in a joking manner, then I have to say we are reaching a real tipping point because this is what I don't understand, Doctor Harlleen grew grew Well. You love being maga more than you love being a dentist, like you spend all this time, countless hours in school, studying, having your own practice, with all this working, just to lose it because you want to discriminate against people based on what political party they are in. Now, I'm not the highest grade weed in the dispensary, but as far as I know, you can't get your license taken away for being prejudiced. You can't get your license to spend at our revoke because you know saying that you cut back on the lapping gas. If someone isn't maga, it's absolutely professional misconduct. And I know that they did an investigation and you know everything turned out fine for you, But why would you even risk your whole livelihood over a red hat? Okay, even if you don't lose your license. You're losing customers, okay, because people just simply don't trust you.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 4: Does MAGA have a support group for you when you lose your job? Is there a pantry you can go to to feed yourself when you lose your career over a temporary moment in politics? You want to be a MAGA influencer that back, Please give doctor Harley and Gruel the sweet sounds of the Hamiltones.
Speaker 28: Oh no, you are the don gee, the dog gee all the day.
Speaker 5: Yee, did I get it? She said that.
Speaker 4: You know, somebody's just out there trying to cancel her because the video is two years old.
Speaker 5: But and nothing funny about that. Those were your words, sir, You know it's all your words, all right. Well, thank you for that donkey Today.
Speaker 8: Now, if you're up and about and you're on your streaming service, you can check us out on Twitch. Breakfast Club AM on Twitch. We'll be chatting it up with you guys if you want to hop on right now and everybody else. Michael Blason will be joining us when we come back, Comedian Michael Blackson.
Speaker 5: So don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the.
Speaker 9: Breakfast Club.
Speaker 29: Morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody is DJ Envy just hilarious. Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 5: We are the Breakfast Club. La La Ros is here as well.
Speaker 9: We got a special.
Speaker 5: Guest in the belly, Donald Trump's.
Speaker 8: Favorite Africaness, Michael Blacks and ladies and gentlemen welcome.
Speaker 18: Right you feeling man?
Speaker 9: Good morning? Brother?
Speaker 5: How do you figure I'm done Trump for your African got to be? You know what I'm about, You know what you're right? Wow?
Speaker 21: No, I'm all about whoever's in office. You gotta work with them one way or another, whether and I see you guys, I mean I see d D killing Trump every time. I'm like, listen, that's not gonna help us. You want to help us, tell us what we need. Don't go bashing him and all that stuff. I'm all about whoever's in office. Try to get where we get out of them instead of just killing every day and making fun enough, going hard on them, it's not gonna help it.
Speaker 4: I know D doesn't reach out to you a few times.
Speaker 21: And that goes back to Amy in Africa, Like you know, in Africa, the leaders are the ones in charge, the other rich one. They're the one that you have to like work with if you won't get anything done, you know, that's just how my confidence man. So I just kept that saying, manergy anywhere go, whoe was in office. You gotta find a way to work with them. You can't just go Rosen, you know, bashing him every day. You're not gonna get out of them that way.
Speaker 5: You get a lot of flag for that. What for your opinion on Donald Trump?
Speaker 21: I mean I don't talk much about it online because my fan base are like, you know, majority young black people, and what what's what's my fan base? So I can try to keep that, you know, gep some stuff to myself.
Speaker 3: Well how are things at home? You just had another baby?
Speaker 21: Well, I mean I haven't had one eighteen years, so suddenly you know a newyone comes out.
Speaker 5: Eighteen years eighteen, start eighteen.
Speaker 21: And going to college. Yeah, man, money with it? You big money six years that when it came in. Wow, you just got off support. Now you just got support. Man, just just finally fleeing my last payment. A whole new comes out. But you know there's the thing with child support. You know, having kids when you're twenty five, twenty six years old, you know you was struggling I think now money is not an issue. So one, money's not an issue. Nothing bothers you. I think the most important thing is money. Yeah, and you know I don't have money problems anymore.
Speaker 3: What listen, what made you want to start over?
Speaker 21: I mean I didn't want to start over. I mean I just got lazy with my poor game.
Speaker 5: I didn't want to you know what.
Speaker 21: So the baby was, you know, the twins, it was really bad experience, as you know, court parents. On the mom we had a baliant, big we couldn't get along with the court fighting. We fight from the day they were born all the way to like eighteen years old. It was really bad, you know what I mean. And Rider didn't believe how bad it was till like the last six years. I had to take over the Family Wizard. So when you're in family court and you can't get along with your stiffing your other, there's an app called Family Wizard where you communicate on the app. Yeah, there's a family app where you communicate where you don't have to talk to this lady and then but the court watches it. So like what's that for like baby mom's and baby daddy. Yeah exactly, But I mean quarters over now so I can say it now. But I had I said, you know what, Rider, you don't believe you think I'm the problem. I'm gonna have you act like you're mad and you commune killed this lady. And she found out what a typical what's what I'm looking for particular? No, yeah, that's that one public school. You have to excuse me. And she found out. She's like, damn, this one was really nuts. So I had to communicate with her. For the last five years. I didn't. I'm like, you know what, I'm paying you to talk to this late I don't want to talk to her. And now she realized that I wasn't a problem. You know, I just had to really crazy. You know, I don't want to talk much about the being mom because after all, she did a great job raising my boys. Yeah a students in college, and I'm very proud of them, and.
Speaker 5: That's one good thing she did. But she did ruin the.
Speaker 21: Bond that I had with my boys, I mean, at least the last five six years, because.
Speaker 5: Y'all were always together, I always together back.
Speaker 21: I mean, you got the point when she got remarried, got married, and I remaded because I never I never married her, thank god. When she got married and when the relationship was over, she went back again on my nervous again. That's why I please, It's always best to like let the moe find something because it comes from it down, you know what I mean, Like me a rider will all again. I'll give her something and she back to the loving and being normal again and it.
Speaker 3: Is still your fiance. Are you going to marry her?
Speaker 5: She gave you know, you got engaged the pair.
Speaker 21: Once she said engagements expired. Now she need guess. But I mean every time you look at somebody getting divorced every day, I'm like, you know, I don't.
Speaker 5: Be part of this. Just keep yeah, just keep looking for a new proposal commercial.
Speaker 22: We're still together because you know the back of forth that you had online and kind of confused people because well, you'll, you had to come out to when she posted it like she's like she's alone, she walks alone and talks alone sometimes. And then you reacted and you retracted what you reacted with, and you talked about facetimon her from the road.
Speaker 21: And that was what that was about. Something else and I'm not ready to talk about yet. Yeah, you know, I'm not gonna say she using postpartum as an excuse, you know, because the way she made the same and me, I don't. I try not to reach too much comments. You know, I just knew when it came out, I had people hit me. He know why she acting like you know her Yeah, like you know so what I mean reading comments or even reading her text message. I went in the defense mode and like, you know, heym like gonna talk about the hands that feeds you whatever, and I kind of that's probably went a little hard.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 21: But we recently, I was bored the last couple of years, and I, you know, I did this. I did the TV show at top Very Studios, which is a four episode poler and now we've been waiting for like one won't do this again, because this show is probably the most amazing thing that I've done.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, okay, he said, I won't do it again.
Speaker 21: We just waited. I said, well I'm waiting. I'm taking something else. I took on Love and Hip Up Miami and it's actually coming down November and.
Speaker 5: I'm like the new season, thank you.
Speaker 21: I completely took over the show like this pretty much cut by the Michael Blackson Show.
Speaker 5: So I took onto this. I said, you know what, now you're gonna become a.
Speaker 21: Reality star, a real reality star, and to make it in reality people like.
Speaker 5: To know what you're going through, so you know.
Speaker 21: And my reply was more to like, you know what, let me make a little bit more famous, let me go online, just talk. And he reply back, let's go back and forth, make up and that what you can make. I said, you can make a whole lot of money in reality. So after the fact, I told her, I said, listen, it was I wasn't this gonna come up back place. I'm more trying to like help you become reality famous. That's why I was hoping we went back and forth. You know, I didn't tell it let's go back and forth on purpose. I was hoping we went back and forth. But you know, my team, like Mike, you know, postpartum is a very serious thing, So don't play with they don't talk.
Speaker 5: I kind of like you can talk.
Speaker 3: About it, just have to. You know, you got to be there for her.
Speaker 6: But do you think with her if she is, you know, going through postpartum depression, is she okay with filming?
Speaker 3: You think she's gonna be cool on the show.
Speaker 21: I mean, this show, it's a lot it's a lot more more come on show. Yeah, we started already, we started.
Speaker 5: We started.
Speaker 21: It goes on through January and then and then they decide, you know, on the next season. But it's a lot more coming on this show. That probably had something to do with the postpartum thing. I can I can't talk about it.
Speaker 4: You mean, what did you mean when you said, if you think making a baby with me will turn me into Russell Wilson, you better try again, by the sucker.
Speaker 21: Well, you know, come with Russell real says, everyone's drink and maybe instead she with her Stephan Dicks instead.
Speaker 3: Jesus that Cardi hopes he will be there for.
Speaker 5: Jesus.
Speaker 21: She picked the wrong football player. Well, I mean she knew from the door. Well who Michael Black was?
Speaker 9: You know what I mean? You didn't.
Speaker 5: Michael Blacks.
Speaker 21: I mean, and then when I became honest with myself, which was after I broke up with the girl before a Rider, and I realized that I just can't be with one person. And I've been honest from the door, you know, And is it the African in you, like you need to have more than one wife. I mean my wife might be I mean, I'm not you know, uh, I mean to have more than one wife. It's either a religious thing or some type of a chief. There's a lot to have that. I mean, I love to have more than one wife. But that sounds like a lot of problem.
Speaker 3: You know, you don't want to marry nobody, you just have them there.
Speaker 21: I just I mean, I don't mind having a one great woman that I know has my bag and that she's the one. She's the one that has my bag and does everything for me and do things right.
Speaker 5: But once in a while, you know, I like to do okay with that? You got working gun? What do you mean, ladies?
Speaker 6: I had I had somebody go now somebody just one person?
Speaker 21: Yeah, has somebody gun it. But you know she's a little scamm look potential scamming. I'm not sure, Jesus suspect I'm not you know, no, no, she.
Speaker 5: Just I don't want to get into details. Let me ask you. I don't want you to take this wrong way.
Speaker 8: But everything going on with Diddy, you just say, you know what, I don't want to have these multiple relationships outside.
Speaker 5: Of my relationship. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: It's like because you with all these women, and now it takes women to.
Speaker 5: Be like for two three and the whole lot. That's a whole lot. Two three is a lot.
Speaker 21: You know that the same people you want them to be like, Oh no, I keep my circle clothes. I try to keep my circle clothes and intimate that way, you know, And I'm very I treat every woman with respect. I think that's the most important thing. You cheat them with respect, and always have receipts. You always have receipt And I have a nephew that plays in the NFL, and I got a lot of young guys that plays in the NBA, and I tell my to listen. You guys have to be careful. You have you need receive for everything you do. If a girl comes and visit you, you know, you walk that girl to the elevator, You give a hug. Cameras always watching and when she gets them, text heit make sure you got home sack. Always keep a receipting. You know, never leave wroong for anybody to accuse you of anything. You know how your rapis is gonna hug you at the elevator. You know what I'm saying. So besides, I treat everyone, every every person that I'm with, I treat them well and respectful and you know, crazy women.
Speaker 5: Right, be honest, be honest and treat them Mike.
Speaker 6: But see, that was the thing that Ryder had a problem with because she's like, Yo, why are you so nice to the girls that I know you got your two and three? But she's like, yes, that's where it feels like a relationship because you're keeping contact, keeping in contact with these girls after you're saying you're only saying a few times out the year, taking care of me, take care of them, like you're taking them to breakfast.
Speaker 3: That's what she was beating to about. But you don't need to eat, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: That was one issue we had with a most hated site, Chick of Mind.
Speaker 21: It was in Vegas and we I was playing at this particular parto and they offered me like dinner and like stk or whatever, and I'm like, okay, I took her to go eat.
Speaker 3: It's a nice ass restaurant.
Speaker 21: And then you know, the manager of the manager of the club happened to be good friends rider and then this like you know, doing some guy coach texting RD ahead, Mike is here with another another.
Speaker 5: You know, girl, you're looking out for her? What I did? You know, Sugar.
Speaker 21: Even when I'm in public, I don't like being parpaing with another woman about alone because I hate somebody to pictures and get along. So I always make sure I invite two or three, whether it's the homies or girls. Make sure it's more than just me and this person. So one of my homies I invited. Whet my homies gonna have dinner? I say, I'm gad come damn, don't know me. Let's k rach come on right, So it's even me and him and her, you know. But he like his little Middle East texting her here with another woman. So we're sitting there. They might try to sneak video just sent to her and then the girl caught on to it like cursing and mount in the restaurant, you know, and the bigger scene and became a much bigger scene.
Speaker 5: Is a big deal though.
Speaker 4: Man, they got the bag of doughnuts and the troubtfle fries and the freaking waggules.
Speaker 5: Man, you can't be going, sep.
Speaker 21: You don't go snach wench what I yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: It depends like that. You said that was his homegirl though, because yeah, but.
Speaker 21: Still you know what I mean, like, I'm not I won't putting that kind of stress on my home.
Speaker 5: No, No, he wasn't getting yo get right, because that's what I knew. Got a question, you said you were in love and hip hop?
Speaker 7: Mayam?
Speaker 5: Who else was on the cast? Because the same thing?
Speaker 22: You know.
Speaker 21: Uh, it's trick that because it's still there. Got Trina is there? Amara is still there? So you thew I'm like, I'm the new one me. Uh, of course I'm rider.
Speaker 3: Watch.
Speaker 8: Yeah, did you really missed the birth of your son because you want to go get coffee?
Speaker 21: Yeah? So yeah, I did try to mind you. I wanted this kid to be born on Monday because when the people on Monday, I'm called Joe, Joe is You're born on Monday, your co joke. So the goal was born on Monday. So we did Monday all day, went for the little to come out. There's a no African Chinese come out right, And I'm like, it's freezing in the hospital. I hate the cold. You know, I'm African warm blood. It's overnight now when no money's over not Tuesday, And I didn't want a whole new name now, you know, because Tuesday you are like Quarbina.
Speaker 5: That's the name for the boy.
Speaker 21: If you're Tuesday for Quarbena, is no respecting any guns out there with Qua being the name.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 21: In fact, one of my homies whoseay ex President's son in law, he's a miss Quadbina. He actually living from Jersey and shout out to you. But I'm not named my son quad Beina. It just sounds too you know, Tuesday, Tuesday girly, quad Beina sounds girly. So now we don't miss making Monday miss kojob and now in quad Beinna, I'm like, when its Quad coming out, you know what I mean. So I'm waiting. It's freezing and there. I'm like, I'm go grab me something to get out here, go grab something to eat and drink whatever.
Speaker 9: I'll be back.
Speaker 21: And I left out the hospital Joe for like twenty minutes to go find something.
Speaker 5: You drove even wore Oh no, hell no, I drove, got in the car, drove.
Speaker 21: When it, got something to eat and now and then she texted me, I hate the baby might be coming something.
Speaker 5: I said, Okay, no problem.
Speaker 21: Let me put this hospital name in the GPS, and I put it in GPS, pulled up and it's hospital. I get to find out there's six of this name. Hospital had six different the sixth locations with the same name. So now I'm even further away. As soon as I walk in the hospital with you, out was crying with a little birthmark on his stomach.
Speaker 5: And what really happened?
Speaker 9: Michael?
Speaker 5: What was her name?
Speaker 7: Dan?
Speaker 21: Seriously, I was in a whole different South in Arizona. That's when she lives. It wasn't home for me. I ain't got no bitches in Arizona.
Speaker 3: You really upset, like you know, like the cold hospitals.
Speaker 21: I stepped out to to get some He didn't just go. It was so cold when I got in the car. I didn't even turn the air. It was one hundred degrees in Arizona. Yeah, and I kept the air off. I just wanted some heat bag in my body. And I came back and I went to the hospital.
Speaker 5: Would show that together. No, I just went there for the babies. But she lives there, Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 9: We have a home.
Speaker 5: We have a place in Arizona.
Speaker 9: That's where she stay.
Speaker 21: Yeah, we don't live together whole the time out I need together. We don't live together. Man, this is twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Man, Why don't be alright what she said? This interview?
Speaker 5: Yes, worse interviews.
Speaker 21: She so, you live in Florida, she lived, I live I live in out Los Angeles.
Speaker 5: So y'alln't live with each other at all, never lived together. She comes over and over there because you and you asked for her hand in marriage.
Speaker 6: I mean we got together one but he asked for her hand in marriage because she wanted to get married.
Speaker 3: He didn't want to.
Speaker 5: Ever get married.
Speaker 3: Mhm.
Speaker 5: You know that on the show. This is what it is. We live in different you know, I prefer living. So how often do you visit? We see each other quite often, at least every at least every every other week.
Speaker 3: California, Arizona, Miami.
Speaker 21: I a house back in east in Delaware, so we we and Ghana so well over the place in Delaware.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 21: I was raised in Philly. I built my house in Delaware, like two thousand and seven.
Speaker 3: When we'd be in the mall.
Speaker 22: You but when I used to work in the mall, yeah, people used to it to be like Michael Blackson was just in here and we'd be like no, he wasn't, like yes, he wasn't here all the time.
Speaker 3: So we just never see you.
Speaker 5: But we there in Delaware.
Speaker 21: Never had no work, deware I did at one point, man, not even serious. My work is mostly like l a mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you screwed your face up Delaware and got some baddies.
Speaker 9: But I mean I didn't.
Speaker 21: I didn't Delaware.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't got I mean the mall.
Speaker 21: You probably could see something here and there, but I didn't have no nobody.
Speaker 5: Are you looking at my chest?
Speaker 3: You always got it out. I always out there.
Speaker 5: I don't know I see you in Delaware himself.
Speaker 8: I don't even Michael Blackladies and gentlemen, you can catch them at New York Comedy Festival, and we always appreciate you joining us. Thanks for having me, Michael Blackson. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club, mourning everybody.
Speaker 5: It's the j n V.
Speaker 8: Jess Hilarius, Charlamagne, the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the latest with lady.
Speaker 5: Want her to becoming a straight fast she gets them somebody that knows somebody detail.
Speaker 3: I'm a homegirl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 5: She'd be having the latest on you, the law, the latest with Lauren La Rosa.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you have facts, sometimes you have details. Sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 5: It's the latest on.
Speaker 9: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 22: So we just got a news update. I just spoke to rapper Detroit, rapper Dang Big Dank Big, Yes, Big Dang Dank. So there was a story that broke that she had settled her lawsuit with Lyft, and I've confirmed that that is true.
Speaker 3: She has settled the lawsuit with Lyft.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 22: You guys will remember she foiled that lawsuit because she says that she she unless she was denied a ride because of her side.
Speaker 3: So she had settled.
Speaker 22: She couldn't say too much to me, but I did confirm that it was monetary settlement. She says that she is happy. She's in a good place with everything. Uh, the conversations that they had brought her to a good place. And I asked her, so would you ride lift again? Where you request a lift card again? She says she would.
Speaker 4: I saw her getting into a sprinted the other night, Well I did.
Speaker 22: That's a good size Instagram Yeah yeah, yeah, well yeah, she says she all us, She said, all.
Speaker 5: This lift, I don't know.
Speaker 3: We could do that.
Speaker 5: I'm glad her check.
Speaker 3: Actually, I am excited about that.
Speaker 5: They paid, like she waited paid and she came.
Speaker 6: That's why she dropped a goddamn this record because the little little stuff like that.
Speaker 4: No, that's my girl. And I saw her say that she's getting her stomach cut off.
Speaker 22: No, when she was here, she remember, she said that she wanted to go through the surgery and different things, but she had to get to a certain way to do it. So yeah, she's still on that journey that there is going to be something that she does. But she was working with the remember the woman that was up here with her doctor, Yeah, the wellness doctor, because she had to get to a certain weight in order to do that.
Speaker 3: So she is getting ready to prepare to do that as well.
Speaker 22: She also told me she has a new song out with Scarlet called Big Girls that she says it's going crazy right now.
Speaker 3: She wants your to go listen to it as well. But she's.
Speaker 5: What, it's a big Girls.
Speaker 3: But she ain't gonna be she got a stomach cut off.
Speaker 22: Remember when she was here, she said she don't want to be like super super skinny. She just wants to be healthier and kind of like.
Speaker 8: Yeah so, but she has to get to the weight where she can actually do all that a reason for big dang your stomach, cut off your gympick, the Mount Majar or whatever you gotta do.
Speaker 5: I'm with you, Mount, what was it called.
Speaker 3: Mount?
Speaker 6: Called you got the whole zimpick And then they have a knew when I seen the commercial for the other day too, the g one I know apparently it is.
Speaker 3: It's also an injection, but it's better side effects.
Speaker 5: Do what you got to do.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's her, Glad that's over now.
Speaker 22: In other news, Kai Sinnett he has finally a big congratulations he has hit one million subscribers, speaking of the biggest.
Speaker 3: Yes, he has broke twitches.
Speaker 22: It was actually his own subscriber record, but he has broke the subscriber record.
Speaker 3: He is not one million subscribers.
Speaker 22: So this means Lebron James at some point will come on the stream and cut his dreads because Kyle Is said in the beginning of Mafia Don three that Lebron has to come on and cut his dress.
Speaker 3: If he reads, Ron has to cut him Yes, oh.
Speaker 8: Yes, let me ask a question. He has a million subscribers. All those they paid ninety nine cents a month.
Speaker 5: I thought it was fired out five dollars a month, so he five million dollars.
Speaker 4: I think all of them are paid, though, but I wonder how many of them are paid, or maybe he does have all pascribs.
Speaker 22: I'm I can't answer that question. Eli is in there going crazy. He's saying, y'all, don't what y'all talking about?
Speaker 3: Come out here? But why Eli gets here?
Speaker 22: I do have some audio bak because well, first of all, when they hit the one million, they're playing the mille. Kai's mom is there, his sister's there, everybody's going crazy. Fantom is there on the guys of there, and then they put on the motivational speech music for Ky to give his motivational Speechlet's take a listen.
Speaker 30: This year was about.
Speaker 3: Helping people move?
Speaker 1: How about the ones around me? Just locking in a lot of hay after hey after hey. I could have quit at any time, I could have stopped. I coulda took a break, but saying someone to keep going. If I didn't have Jesus in my life, then none of this would be possible.
Speaker 9: Let's go.
Speaker 5: Christ is all right, let's go.
Speaker 2: Godggas, Yes, not him.
Speaker 1: Your lebron Raymond James could come to the house and cut off my locks.
Speaker 19: Bro.
Speaker 12: So I sit up.
Speaker 1: I say all that to say this, do not kill what anybody think. Remain being you, remain being humble, and move forward.
Speaker 4: Bro. That's it dropping the clues bombs for cor Eli on the stream.
Speaker 5: People on the chat saying it's six ninety nine seven nine, what is it?
Speaker 7: Kai?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 30: Yeah, it works is you get there's certain brackets for gifted subs, so you could give like five subs, fifty plus subs, two hundred subs. Shout out to snoop Dog. He was gifting that for the one hundred for the one million. So Kai just made history. Is the first Twitch streamer to reach.
Speaker 5: How many people are paying with the subscribe.
Speaker 8: So if he has a million subscribers plus how many people actually pay monthly?
Speaker 30: Well, the way gifted subs works is let's say I do five plus gifted. That means that the gifted subs are they're just spread randomly for people to subscribe. So it's it was like thirty dollars I think for five gifted and for two hundred. It's like, so the million subscribers, people don't pay like a monthly. Feet don't they pay a monthly?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you could.
Speaker 30: You could do like through Amazon Prime. You could do that, or you can pay like I think it's like eight dollars or fifteen dollars per month. But gifted subs is different. But they both go into the bracket of subs.
Speaker 5: They confused.
Speaker 8: Saying on the stream that why you ain't let people know that we were actually live on the stream. Ain't sending a notification?
Speaker 5: It does if they're subscribing the sub or if they follow us on Twitter. Somebody he don't know what he's talking about either about nothing. I don't know what he's talking about. Nervous because man after chat man chat notifications. I don't know either.
Speaker 29: Somebody Eli made that sound so complicated, Sure did he just well you must say cat, you just think about Drake. They know, well, all right, well you gotta right now, somebody to fire him now, damn, damn.
Speaker 5: Somebody say it's all paid subs. I know it's not because nothing.
Speaker 3: If you are different, I'm subscribed to car and I didn't pay.
Speaker 30: For nothing, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: Or you could buy gifted subs.
Speaker 30: It's not if you buy gifted subs, that's not you subscribing that you giving away on there spending money.
Speaker 22: Because he kept saying it, and he was shouting our a j two for all of his help and his push push, and.
Speaker 30: It's like a whole hype train going down, which is basically a whole bunch of people in the chat who are watching live they buy the gifted subs, which adds to the pot of.
Speaker 5: It said, the subs make you watch the screen without adds.
Speaker 4: Somebody else in the chat said, if you get a gifted subs, if you get a gifted sub then it's free for a month and you can pay the next month if you want to continue.
Speaker 3: I got a long we got a long way till million, but we here.
Speaker 5: Making this money, shout out the guy. Sound like my mama the first time she did FaceTime? Baby, how do you do this FaceTime? Keep looking at my hand like that's what we sound like? All right, Well that is the latest. That's why you don't got no screams? Now, what do you call them?
Speaker 3: First of all, I'll be watching eli people.
Speaker 4: Will be two people. Don't nobody be on your scream man, he'd be shaking. What you mean, going crazy like a million people watching.
Speaker 5: I don't be shaking as falls man. My twitch is at O v O E Live.
Speaker 31: Yeah, all right, People's Choice mixes up next to the Breakfast Club, Morning.
Speaker 5: Club roaring.
Speaker 8: Everybody is DJ, Envy, Jess, Hilarius, Charlamagne, n Guy.
Speaker 5: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Salute to all the HBCU's homecoming season is around the corner. My first stop is this week and you know I do an HBCU too. I like to touch some of the HBCU school so I'm gonna be in Dayton, Ohio for the All Black Affair this weekend.
Speaker 5: And then I think we touched g HO, we touch Hampton. I think we're in South Carolina. I think we're in Howard. I mean we're touching all the colleges.
Speaker 8: It's probably my favorite time to DJ because it's just homecoming. It's just everybody alumni. We're just having a good time. So hopefully I get to see you at homecoming to some of your schools. This year, we're supposed to go to Delaware State.
Speaker 5: Me and Lauren. I don't know what have happened to that, but well they might have closed the school.
Speaker 4: Oh but talk Lines State got their homecoming this weekend too, and I've been meeting the salute South Carolina State man because you know every year, well you know, I have a maybe you don't know I'm talking to y'all like y'all know, but I have a Ford Family Foundation endowed scholarship at South Carolina State University. So every year we give out a scholarships to people that's either major in in communications or something in the mental health space or something in communications. And we just gave out two of our scholarships recently to Makaya Leak.
Speaker 5: She is a senior speech pathology.
Speaker 4: And Audio Audio Audiology, audiology audiology major. Yes, senior speech pathology and audiology made say it again. Jes Audiology audiology major from Spartanburg, South Carolina. And Tyrone Pond he's a senior professional English major from Abbeyville, South Carolina. So you know, they just received scholarships man for their academic achievements and leaderships and commitment to their community. So salute both of those individuals. And you know, I just I just love doing stuff like that. I told y'all the other day when I saw Jeff Bezos that's wife. Her name is escaping me right now. When I saw her give seventy million dollars the HPCUS, I'm like, Yo, that right there, Dope, that is incredible.
Speaker 5: So you know that's that when when you have a little bit, I think you should give a little bit.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I can't wait. I'll get to that level and be able to donate seventy million to HBC. But until until we get to that level, we do what we can.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's what and that's why we have the Ford Family Foundation Scholarship at South Carolina State University.
Speaker 5: So salute to Makaia and Tyrone. Now, salute to Michael Blacks and for joining us this morning.
Speaker 8: Absolutely also the cast of Ruth and Boaz, Davon, Franklin, Sorea, and Tyler Lepli.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's the number one show on Netflix right now. That's right, movie, number one movie on Netflix right now, and it's actually good.
Speaker 3: So I watched it over the weekend.
Speaker 5: It's dope, dope, dop dopeyes something weak. No.
Speaker 6: But October eleventh and twelve, your girl Jess Larious will be coming upstate New York, Albany and Syracuse. I will be there at the Funny Bones on Friday. We got two shows in Syracuse, and then on Saturday hop and right over to Albany, New York. And I got two shows at the Funnybone Comedy Club Saturday. So get your tickets if you haven't yet. I will be doing meet and greet upstate. I can't wait to see y'all.
Speaker 5: All right now, Charlamne, you got a positive note?
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 4: A positive note comes from one of my favorite pages on Instagram, the Healing God Man. The Healing God said, and they posted this nine hours ago. Allow people to have their moods and allow their moods that have.
Speaker 5: Nothing to do with you.
Speaker 4: Okay, not every shift in someone's mood is about you, even if it feels that way. People carry their own struggles, their own scratches and emotions that spill over at times. When you stop taking everything personally, you give other space to feel what they need to feel while protecting your own peace.
Speaker 5: Have a great day. Breakfast club bitch is you don't finish for y'all done