Speaker 1: Good morning Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo yo yo Charlamagne the God, Peace to the plane.
Speaker 1: It is Tuesday, Yes, and we have a special guess you know, wilding Out is its twentieth season, So every morning we're gonna have a cast member from wild'n Out joining us.
Speaker 3: And let the record show that we have a cast member of wild'n Out joining us every morning for his twentieth seasons. But BT did not promote the Breakfast Club, not one time during the BT Awards. But we are helping them promote their show.
Speaker 2: No, they had no, they didn't. They don't they shutting down there, They didn't. But they had no they didn't shoot.
Speaker 3: They didn't have one promo air for the Breakfast Club during the BET Awards.
Speaker 2: But wildern Out is a culture they had signed. No, they didn't.
Speaker 1: They didn't have that B two I was they had nothing. I was trying to figure out maybe they had nothing. No, okay, nothing but anything.
Speaker 3: But being that wild'n Out is a cultural institution, right you know when they said to us, you know, hey, you know we want to have people from Whilding out on the show every day this week.
Speaker 2: You have an issue with that, correct, you know?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: So hitman Hollands, what's up now? They told us they were going to do something, but they just never did it.
Speaker 2: That is true. That is true.
Speaker 3: What's appreciate have nothing to do with you, all to do with us. I'm sure you jumped in a beef for two that had nothing to do exactly, it's not a beef.
Speaker 2: We're just talking. We're just talking the truth. He's telling the truth. You know who I have beef for.
Speaker 1: Yesterday I got home and my daughter was was balling or ten year old because she made these bracelets here for for everybody and I didn't wear them, and exactly so she was mad that she made these bracelets for me and she actually made it for everybody up here, and that Dad didn't bring it into work and it was on the side of my bed and she was balling. So Dad is wearing these this bracelet right now that has a pearl in the heart because my.
Speaker 2: Daughter made it. I got yours too. You have to wear anything that your children give you.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Last week on vacation, my two daughters, my seven year old. My four year old had me swim trunks. It didn't matter how those swim trunks looked. I had to wear those swim trunks. Okay, and I wore the swim trunks.
Speaker 2: Okay. Well I have the bracelets on this morning.
Speaker 6: Okay, yes, absolutely, fire, I got one you for you, hit Man.
Speaker 1: We're selling them right now. I think they're two dollars a pop. I got what I got.
Speaker 7: One for you?
Speaker 2: How she just turned ten? Ten? Okay, yeah, so did you can tell you ten? You a makeup bracelet for hit Man? Hollow? Yes, one for hit Man. Yeah. So she was pretty upset about that.
Speaker 1: But anyway, today on the show, ice Cube will be joining us the Legend. That's right, of course, he has the Big three League that just touched down in New York a couple of days ago, so you know he's going from city to city.
Speaker 2: He's on TV. I think a CBS or we'll chop it up with him.
Speaker 3: There was a conversation that's palked on social media yesterday. I think it came from Drink Champs interview about who's the better storyteller ice Cube ordinatorious b I G.
Speaker 2: But I think that that's parked off after Cube.
Speaker 3: Was here, right, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, Biggie and I listen, I have Cube in my top five storytellers of all time. My top storytellers of all time are Biggie, Uh, Slick Rick, Scarface, Cube, Black rob and ghost Face. Those my favorite storytellers of all time. I got big l a storyteller. Story Okay, okay, you a dice games stories dmn X.
Speaker 6: Okay, prime story, big story. Get this is my order, Tupac, I go pot first. Brinnan got a he got a bunch of stories, big l m X damn three three listen. Everybody you named is a great storyteller. Both is a great storyteller.
Speaker 7: To tell story he got he got a couple of fire ones though.
Speaker 2: So you can come up.
Speaker 7: He got a couple of stories too short. That's my favorite story.
Speaker 1: Just if we could go even joint with him and Bleak. All of those guys, you name it storyteller, but they got a bunch of stories.
Speaker 3: Those are good storytellers, but they're not top tier like Biggie, Scarface, Cube, ghost Face, Slick.
Speaker 2: Rick, and Black Robin. Is very underrated storyteller, very underrated.
Speaker 6: Cbe probably got the best story top three telling story songs of a model like he probably top three.
Speaker 3: With I got ah it was a good day, Yeah, good day. But biggie too though, because you can say warning.
Speaker 1: Warning, storytell story, just saying, just saying, all right, well, let's get the show cracking. When we come back, Tesling Figure will be joining us front Page News and of course if you're just joining us, it's the twentieth season of wild'n Out and every morning we're gonna have a cast member today.
Speaker 2: Hit Man holands with us.
Speaker 7: It open.
Speaker 3: Even though they didn't promote us, not one time during the BT Awards, not once.
Speaker 7: Not once.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna keep saying that all morning, not once, not once. Yes, all right, we want to shoutut to the breakfast club on BT.
Speaker 7: I think.
Speaker 1: Owning everybody. It's DJ n V Charlamagne the Guy. We are the breakfast Club. We have Hitman Holla here. It's the twentieth season of wild El so every member every morning, we have a cast member here this week.
Speaker 2: So Hitman Holler is today.
Speaker 3: And even though BT didn't promote us, not one time during the BET Awards, we're still promoting Wilderno because it is a cultural.
Speaker 1: Institution that's right, not even signings at the BT Awards one. All right, well, let's get in some front page news, hey, testing, figure out how you feeling.
Speaker 2: We got to turn you on. Oh lord, God, damn it, Eddie, Let's try this again.
Speaker 7: Come on in, test and everybody there you go.
Speaker 2: Let's jump right into it. We ain't got much time.
Speaker 7: Test.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about these Greenwood survivors in their council respond to Tussla Toulsa race massacre case dismissal.
Speaker 4: Yes, And of course the Breakfast Club had a couple of the survivors on not too long ago, so everybody go back and watch that interview. But the Greenwood masker survivor's legal team announced during a press conference yesterday that they will appeal Judge Wall's unfounded order dismissing their case to seek justice for the public nuisance caused by the Tulsa race massacre of nineteen twenty one.
Speaker 8: In the press conference, they.
Speaker 4: Noted that last year Judge Wall did give them permission to proceed, and now the judge has backpedaled and dismissed the case. The attorneys are saying that they do not know the reasoning behind it because the public opinion is not available, but Attorney de Mario Solomon Simmons said that to have one hundred and two, one hundred and eight and one hundred and nine year old survivors have their case kicked out is a tragedy and a complete injustice. I want you guys to listen to what to listen to what Attorney Simmons said, and we'll talk about it on the other side.
Speaker 9: And we're also calling upon once again the federal government, President Joe Biden, who came here two years ago.
Speaker 2: He stood right across the street.
Speaker 9: He acknowledged that the massacre was the worst race massacer in the history of this nation. He acknowledged that the pain, destruction, the mayhem of forty blocks being destroyed, planes dropping bombs, twelve thousand people made homeless overnight. He acknowledged that and.
Speaker 2: Said there needs to be justice.
Speaker 9: So we're calling on President Joe Biden in the Department of Justice to come in and do a federal investigation of the massacre for sore to the Immertel Acts Cold Case Act of two thousand and seven, reauthorized in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: They've been waiting for over eighty ninety years. Nothing is going to happen.
Speaker 3: You know, this is why I was so shocked when Uncle Red was here on the Breakfast Club and he said he had faith that this wicked system would do the right thing. Why would they ever admit fault in that active domestic terrorism that we called the Tulsa race massacre. They would have to pay them billions of dollars. Do you think they want to do that? Is it does not do well with atonement, especially when it's of the financial sort, not at all.
Speaker 4: Thanks well, they should be done well, because a public nuisance is very broad in Oklahoma's actually just an act or a mission that affects an entire community or neighborhood. And again, they did say they could at least fight for it. So right now they're just asking to fight for it. And I just want to point out to everybody, attorney to Mario Simmons, he's been working on this for years. I've watched him work on this for years. He's done, you know, been fighting this case. And they did pay out five hundred and fifty million dollars to those who suffered from the opioid crisis in Oklahoma under this particular statute, so they didn't have a problem with doing public nouisance when it came to you know, survivors or victims of the opio crisis. But when it comes to Tulsa Race, obviously you know they are trying to fight their case. So again we want to call on President Joe Biden. You remember Charlamane, We talked about this when.
Speaker 8: He came up there.
Speaker 4: Remember he came up there empty handed, and I said, you know, you're not saying anything about these victims. So I encourage everybody to keep pushing the line and ask if they do a federal investigation, to ask why did they dismiss this case.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't believe or that he brought up with President Joe Biden said when he came to Tousa, because when it comes to issues like the Tulsa Race massacre, it will always be just words in lip service. You mean to tell me a politician and elected officials said they was going to do something but didn't for anything.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's surprising.
Speaker 7: Me, not at all.
Speaker 4: Well, we got to push the line to make it make them at least answer to it.
Speaker 8: Of nothing new else.
Speaker 1: So they're still trying to figure out who left the cocaine at the White House.
Speaker 2: Bro that could be anybody.
Speaker 3: I keep telling you that might not even be an elected official who knows that. I refuse to believe that the first time the white horse got found at the White House, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, if there's one player of cocaine.
Speaker 3: Is getting sniffed this on Capitol Hill, absolutely my White House for a reason.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, all right, well that is front page news now, Tesla figure out. We'll see you in a couple of minutes. Everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need the vent phone lines a wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one phone lines.
Speaker 3: I like to vent and say that we're promoting wilding Out all week long, because it is the twentieth season a whiling out here Ryan Hollers, our special guest host today. That's but BT did not promote the Breakfast Club, not one time at the BET Awards. I just like to get that off my chest. Have I said that already this morning?
Speaker 2: How does that make you feel?
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 3: Don't make me feel the way. I just want to state the facts. That's all, okay, that's all all right, Well, that's it.
Speaker 1: You can express that next when we come back. I A, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning the Breakfast Club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eighty five one O five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Hello. Who's that?
Speaker 2: Hey, Calvin whatever? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 5: Hey manh yeah, pe king the hit man.
Speaker 2: Holler to here in it?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 2: Big dog?
Speaker 5: Too much?
Speaker 2: Hey? If I wonder if I can get the cars.
Speaker 5: On the eleventh.
Speaker 7: What are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How many? How many tickets you knee?
Speaker 7: Two adults, one kid in the end? All right, I got you.
Speaker 2: Stay on hold.
Speaker 1: That's July twenty seventh and Atlant to my car show. There's gonna be rides for the kids. We got calls from young dolphs hopefully.
Speaker 2: To be joining us.
Speaker 1: So shout the pr e boosy badass, shout to uptown club. I gotta call Collus Miller, callus Miller, sale, give me some cars. I got a lot of calls coming. So, yeah, I got you. I'm gonna put you on hold.
Speaker 7: For a second.
Speaker 3: All right, cool appreciated A bro Low's got a nice fleet there, I know, nice fleet to old School.
Speaker 1: If you haven't got your tickets, get your tickets. It's gonna be a lot fun. It's gonna be a family fun day.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see you guys. Hello, who's this.
Speaker 5: From Fort Myer?
Speaker 1: Hey, mamaa get it off your chest?
Speaker 5: Yes, first, I want to.
Speaker 10: Take go morning and Charlot may Man, thank God for what.
Speaker 3: He took it off.
Speaker 5: I'm still live in good day.
Speaker 10: But from BT, is there wrong.
Speaker 6: For not putting y'all the awards?
Speaker 5: So for that being said, let's just have y'all to Andy being in Charlote Mane. Y'all need to just go ahead. Pleasure means to me because I feel what I got easy saying anything.
Speaker 2: Let's all just to see that host the awards next year BT Awards. I gotta checked my schedule. That'd be interesting. You gotta check my skin just out with that.
Speaker 10: You aren't even gonna have to say, you guys, check us schedule.
Speaker 5: You're gonna pay up and.
Speaker 2: You want to be the third and you want to come to you all.
Speaker 3: Right, you know you're gonna have to. You're gonna have to fight Jesse Larrins for that. She could fight, just gonna square up. If just gonna square if we be hosting the BT Awards, but anybody other than her.
Speaker 11: You ain't gonna have to do me like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, we'll have a good one.
Speaker 5: All right, I have still one.
Speaker 7: Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 7: This is what? Hey? Brink?
Speaker 2: Good morning?
Speaker 5: How you going man?
Speaker 2: How you feeling brother?
Speaker 5: I'm feeling good. I'm feeling good. I'm glad I got in contact with you guys.
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 2: Brother talked to us.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, In twenty twenty, I had a show right.
Speaker 2: All right, way walk again.
Speaker 5: It was twenty twenty January twenty fifth. I had a show. You talked me I would don't walk again, and I went to shut that, you know. So I just feel like that the doctor should never tell you that you are you know, discriage you and take you a double walk again and all that. Because I walked the high Bridge and have the roads area now and it was on the news and everything.
Speaker 2: Look at God, people know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I just let people know I never gave up and I never will give up. I go out to the visit hospital and talk to people that's going through this and everything.
Speaker 3: So look at God, I said, look at God, Man, God, is great.
Speaker 5: Yes he is. Yes, he is God. And I want to put it out of the world, in the world I'm not. I'm not a bathroom god at all. You know, he is the greatest man, absolutely, And like I said, I want to I had a very massive show and now I drive and everything and I let people know. You know what I'm saying that it is out there. If you never give up, you will you will be where you need to be in life.
Speaker 2: Can I can I ask you a question?
Speaker 3: What made you keep your faith when the doctor has told you that diagnosis that you would never walk again.
Speaker 5: Uh, it was just a god thing because many times I felt like I was going to give up, and then I just it just just grabbed you. And I just said I felt like I was fighting for everybody because I felt like I should never give up and I should let people know like for example, and I think God never put nothing that you can't be.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: One more question, how long how long did it take for your penis to start working again?
Speaker 2: Shut up?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 2: Why do you can't about that?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 7: Penis?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: Is a real question.
Speaker 5: Actually it could have went right away. It's about it's a confidence then, man, it's about what people you know put out. Man, you know what I'm saying, when when the stop, it's not just the physical, is the mental aufico. So I think you got a lot to do with the physical mental also.
Speaker 2: So you're backstroking now.
Speaker 5: I'm not focused on that right now. I'm focused on getting out to the world.
Speaker 6: If I ain't show you yet, you know what I'm saying, Jesus Christ, thank you, thank you, Charlamage, gonna send you a black effect hat.
Speaker 2: Hold on it right, all right, all right, Jesus Christ. Blessing to that brother.
Speaker 1: Let me let me shout out to Albert. Albert is a partner of mine. I'm doing the hbcu uh N Y Classic with where we're bringing the classic back to New York. I was talking to him the other day and sometimes you just listen to people, and he told me he had a stroke a couple of years ago, and I asked him why, and he said it was stressed. He said it's one of the biggest factors. And he says because of that, since now, he doesn't let anything stress him out. And ever since I had that conversation with him, if something was pressure or stressed, I just breathe and breathe out and let it go.
Speaker 3: That's why I don't hold on in those scratchs. My doctor told me when I was doing all of those coordinary artery tests a few months ago. My doctor told me, if I can take a vacation at least once a month, and a vacation don't have to be like you actually go somewhere like you know, sometimes just gathering with friends and family, you know what I mean, and just chicking it and just relaxing and enjoying life.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So that's that's what I've been doing, and that's what I've been doing to it. And I gotta say, I gotta say a salute to this brother who has changed. And it's surprisingly because you know, I've known the brother for a long time. And that's you because usually when I'm ready for rah Rod, Charlomagne is ready with me with the raw rod. And this is no live like I've known this brother for a long time. But now when I speak to me, like what are gonna worry about it?
Speaker 2: And let it go? Let's don't stress it like you, I wouldn't even just like you say it. I'm like, who is this gosh? You know, that's on the wall.
Speaker 7: He's like, like, you can do and just relax. That's a nig. I've never ever seen that man worry about nothing.
Speaker 3: Because he's always relieving stressing.
Speaker 6: Right, Okay, coming, I come and we come to work or something.
Speaker 7: The whole every blog time's a coming.
Speaker 2: Whatever. How can you be stressing?
Speaker 3: You always having sex? You spend seventy five percent of the time, naggad. The only time he wears clothes when he's doing wild.
Speaker 1: This is the second time he's talking about the guys Peters.
Speaker 3: But anyway, I'm telling you this is why Nick don't have stressed five five one oh five.
Speaker 2: We'll get it off your chest at the breakfast club. Good morning the breakfast club. Today is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 7: Wait up, whether you're mad or bless, time to get up and get something. Call up now.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 5: Hello, who's this morning?
Speaker 2: Goes Santos. What I'm getting off your chest?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 5: I just wanted the same man. God is good man, I'm this morning man. God like everything, so God, and I'm glad you'll go and no I just wanted the same man to get a book from you, and from you, uh, I ain't even good.
Speaker 2: Man, man. Our producers be slacking up here.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: We've been putting you all on hold and getting you all addressed. All the merchandise is so we got today. I got, I got black effect hats, I got books. We can send you all of that. It's just a matter of him doing it. Can somebody actually get his address and mail it out.
Speaker 2: We're gonna put your whole broad man, thank you saying she's gonna do it. I trust me. We says she's gonna do it, all right. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 5: Good morning? Subscribed the Welder.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jordan the Rapper.
Speaker 3: Jordan's Oh, Jordan the welded Jordan Rapper, Jordan, Jordan Welder, slut the George about that you battle hit man Holland, I'm blessed black and Holly favored Joey Jordan, my people. I follow Jordan on on on Instagram.
Speaker 2: What's up, Jordan.
Speaker 3: It's really a welder. By the way, they ain't like a Butcher's not like Benny the Butcher. But Bennie's not really a butcher.
Speaker 1: She's really a well. Jordan weld What up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm actually going back to my welding draft tomorrow. I have to take off for a little bit once I got pregnant.
Speaker 2: Yep. Okay, CONGRATU.
Speaker 5: Myself.
Speaker 2: Oh congratulations man, thank you.
Speaker 5: So I just want to give a shout out to all the newly part about myself.
Speaker 2: Old Joe, give me your cash.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna send you a little push gift in the form of some diaper money.
Speaker 5: I don't want you to. I'm just happy that you know me.
Speaker 2: See what I'm saying. That's when a woman learned the trade, when a woman got a trade job.
Speaker 1: Money, keep yours right here.
Speaker 2: Out. You're doing the right thing. You married that. What's his trade?
Speaker 7: I'll see.
Speaker 2: He didn't want to so what does he do? Okay?
Speaker 7: Okay, John, I love that man.
Speaker 2: Well, Jordan, you have a going where you where from? Jordan, Virginia? Right?
Speaker 1: No, I'm Ohio, Cincinnati, Ohio. All right, Well you have a great morning and we'll talk to you.
Speaker 5: So my Instagram, of.
Speaker 10: Course it is Jordan Underscore.
Speaker 5: The Underscore.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, mama, you have a go on.
Speaker 5: You too, by now.
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest.
Speaker 1: Eight hundrenk five eight five one oh five one. Now, when we come back, we got your room report. Now, hit Many Holly. You heard Charlemagne all morning long. He's been talking about penises and men naked. So I'm not staying with that. We haven't talked about that at all. Elon Musk wants to have a contest with another billionaire and they want to measure penis measuring contest.
Speaker 2: I saw that, all right, but you've seen that one. But they both need.
Speaker 3: To remember that they're white, and you know, if the stereotype is true, that is a pointless contest.
Speaker 2: But wanted them.
Speaker 1: To Jesus Christ. I will talk about it when we come back.
Speaker 2: Don't move. It's to the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Good morning everybody. It's j n V. Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: You know, it's season twenty of Wilding Out and because of that, every morning this week we're going to have a cast member for Wilding Out here in this morning.
Speaker 2: Hit Man hollis, yeah, guy, hit Man Holly is here, all right.
Speaker 3: Even though e T did not promote the Breakfast Club, not once during the BET.
Speaker 1: Awards, No, sure didn't. That's right, all right, But let's get to the rumors. Let's talk billionaires beef.
Speaker 2: A name or you've gossip been you chatting?
Speaker 7: This is the rumor report.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club.
Speaker 8: This is where the tea spells.
Speaker 2: Right, yes, on the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Now, when the streets beef, usually they want some blood. But it seems like when billionaires beef, they want penis. All right, So Elon Musk challenges Mark Zuckerberg to a deep measuring contest. Now he called, he said, Zuck is a cuck and I propose a literal des contest. And that's because he feels like Mark Zuckerberg took his idea of Twitter.
Speaker 3: Well, what a pointless contest for them to have, because the fact that they are having this contest screams little d energy. And I guarantee both of them built like those old white men you see in the gym, just toughs the head down there, you know, the old white man when they walking around neked in the gym.
Speaker 1: I never, I never stopped, I never, I never. Everybody's seeing it. Why are you gonna sit here and don't.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what would be interested?
Speaker 3: But Elon and Mark both chose two rappers to represent them, and those rappers raped from the perspective of having marking Elon's money, power and influence. Imagine Rick Ross representing Mark Zuckenberg. Imagine Kanye West representing Elon musk Ar Kodak Black representing Mark Zuckenberg, and the NBA Young Boy represent Elon musk Imagine Soldier Boy speaking from.
Speaker 1: The perspective of being Mark Zuckerberg. Can you imagine the little one soldier boy in myself?
Speaker 3: What can you imagine the levels of battle and entertainment we would get with Soldier Boy talking like he got two hundred and fifty billion dollars. Imagine Rick Cross rapping and talking like he got two hundred and fifty billion dollars. That's what Mark and Elon need to do because billionaire trash talk is actually trash.
Speaker 2: It's garbage.
Speaker 3: Literally, Okay, let the let the rappers get a hold of your lifestyle and money during the duration of this Beef paid him like one hundred ms to do it and watch them cooking.
Speaker 6: But we're actually gonna do that on wilding out both on the screen. Like if it's a battle, just say con seeded Mark Elone, then I gotta Wrap.
Speaker 7: Battle him like I'm him. So that's a good idea. We're gonna do that.
Speaker 2: Now they're stealing all.
Speaker 3: Not only do they not promote the Breakfast Club at the BET Awards, we're promoting wilding Out for the week, and they taking our ideas.
Speaker 2: Y'all can have that though, take here, take it now.
Speaker 3: But if they really do it there By the way, y'all always do shout us out on wild Out and we appreciate it. Do shout out Breakast Club a lot. If they really gonna fight, that's how you gotta sell the fight. Let the rappers represent them leading up to it. Gotta be soldier boy versus who, Like who would you want? Like I would pick.
Speaker 2: Soldier boy, soldier boy versus NBA young boy.
Speaker 3: Imagine NBA a young boy talking like he's Mark Zuckerberg and Elon Musk like he got that money, that power and that crazy.
Speaker 1: Rick Ross would be immaculate, you know, envy and I would do ray J ray J two.
Speaker 2: I got it. I got indoor pool outdoor pool in doing what.
Speaker 3: Ray J was too turned up for that like ray J was high and drunk. That was a different ray J at that time. Like Rick Ross does this for a living soldier?
Speaker 2: Boy? Does this living Kodak? Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Well, let's talk about Jocelyn Hernandez. Well, she called a couple of cops white crackers. And this is when she was getting arrested.
Speaker 2: Dropping the clue. Bump to Johnson. Shut up, man, don't you do it? Take it back. I don't want to know. Shut up, you shut up? Get back.
Speaker 3: Hey, Hey, do you want to give me?
Speaker 7: I want to kill me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to kill me. I got it, I got I don't hear crackers there? You can, Okay, not that one.
Speaker 3: You kill me?
Speaker 2: You all go.
Speaker 7: Dobody wants to.
Speaker 2: Who was there was ever any doubt that Johns on her name?
Speaker 3: This was black? You call the white copper cracker? God damn yeah, Lord have that's top tier blackness right there. Come on, those are some well placed crackers.
Speaker 2: Well that's how she was getting rested.
Speaker 1: Now, she's pretty upset right now because she's trying to figure out how that footage came out because that's actual police camera footage. That's body can't footage that.
Speaker 2: The police put it out. But I don't thinky're supposed.
Speaker 7: To do that. They do a lot of stuff things.
Speaker 2: It's not it's not on trial yet. She didn't take the trial enough.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know how it works. I thought that if the police record you on their body camera for that, they can put it out.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I didn't. I didn't know there was a time limit on when you could put it out. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, when she was up here, she talks about the incident and said that I asked if she was drinking that night, and this is what she.
Speaker 11: Said, I'm not really you know, you know, I just got out of jail. Yes, you know, I just got out of jail. So there's really not too much that I could talk on that. But what I can say is that I'm gonna always protect yes me right if you see me out here in the streets, when you know, you two in the world America, whoever knows me, know where I come from and what I've done and how I've changed. You know, I'm just making sure that I'm straight and no one hurts me.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: When you drunk that night, because people asked were you drunk?
Speaker 8: I had, let me tell you.
Speaker 11: I always love to say I wasn't drunk, but I would have one or two drinks and for some reason, and I think because I'm not chasing it with any drugs, it just hits me so much harder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So she talks about that. Then lastly, Drake, he was fined ten thousand dollars per minute as he was performing in Detroit. You know, they give you a curfew and if you go over that curfew usually there's a hefty fine. And his was ten thousand per minute. So he went over twenty three minutes.
Speaker 10: It's ten dollars to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that was him saying that he has to pay that twenty three thousand just to make sure that he finished his concert in his show the right way.
Speaker 2: And where was he at Detroit? Detroit?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm sure they clearly have always loved Drake because I'm sure that show was sold out.
Speaker 1: Now it was thousand minute. Now you love him even more thirty rights, thirt.
Speaker 3: Thousand, mind you, that's not nothing to Drake, right, but what he's going to get back from that crowd from now on because they're never going to forget the fact that Drake Drake paid an extra quarter million dollars to entertain minutes.
Speaker 2: They love that man forever. Yeah, very well spent two.
Speaker 1: Thirty on undred thirty thousand dollars. All right, well that is your rumor report. Now when we come back, Tesling figure Out will be joining us for some front page news.
Speaker 2: And then ice Cube will be here, so don't move. It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody is DJ Envy, Charlmagne to God, we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Now let's get in some front page news. Testling figures here.
Speaker 7: What up? Tests?
Speaker 4: Good morning, dj NV, Good morning, Charlemagne the God to hit Man Hollow.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 2: If you just joined us.
Speaker 1: This is the twentieth season for a wild'n Out, and every morning we're gonna bring a cast me up this week and this morning it's hit Man OUTA.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: And even though even though BF he didn't promote the Breakfast Club now once during the BT Awards, the still are going to.
Speaker 7: Help them promote their I appreciate it. Promote.
Speaker 2: That's right, Luthor, hit Man Hollow.
Speaker 3: Now if you could have came up here too, there's a lot of different people I see on the schedule this week.
Speaker 2: I don't see Big Cannon on the schedule this week.
Speaker 7: We probably know that.
Speaker 1: No, well, it's Nick and a show though, right, dug he don't want to promote the show.
Speaker 2: Maybe not here, I don't know, Jesus.
Speaker 1: All right, let's jump in the front page news. Let's talk Larry Nasa. He got stabbed up in jail.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, stabbed up the disgrace sports doctor Larry Nasser, who was convicted of sexually abusing a more than one hundred female gymnasts, including Olympic gold medalist Samon Biles.
Speaker 8: A lot of people may remember that story.
Speaker 4: He was stabbed multiple times in the back, twice in the neck, six times in the chest, and he suffered a collapse long during an altercation with another inmated federal prison at a federal prison in Florida. Now, even after all of that, he has been listed in stable condition. The prison was experienced staffing shortages, so it was only about two officers that were assigned to his unit, and they were working mandated overtime shifts.
Speaker 2: Well, it's good to see people still holding on the tradition.
Speaker 1: No, I was gonna ask, does anybody feel bad for him because he's sexually assaulted the young women and women like, do you feel bad for no?
Speaker 2: A hundred of them too. But that's what I say.
Speaker 3: I've been alive forty five years, and I've always heard my father and OG's around me say that's what happens to people who commit those kinds of crime when they go to prison.
Speaker 2: So it's just good to see people still holding on the tradition, holding.
Speaker 7: It down to them.
Speaker 4: Only on the Breakfast Club. I wanted to say the story is still developing at this time. Authorities have not been authorized to publicly discuss who did it, and it is an ongoing investigation, but it looks like they're going to.
Speaker 8: Say, hey, we didn't have enough staff.
Speaker 4: What we all know, like you said, tradition is maybe the CEOs turn their head and you know, let it, make it, do.
Speaker 7: It and do it.
Speaker 3: What the reality is you you know, even if you know something like that may happen to a person like that in prison, you still can't give them protective custody, Like that's just right.
Speaker 2: That was the first time he was in general population.
Speaker 1: So I'm curious if he wanted to go in general pop or they pushed him.
Speaker 2: In general pop. Shit. I mean, if I wouldn't want to go to general pop.
Speaker 3: But why why is he why should he be protected? He should be in general pop.
Speaker 2: Because that's gonna happens. That's the reason why.
Speaker 3: That's why, that's why kids should avoid prison. That's why I dote should avoid prison too. That is the dangers of prison. Well, let's talk about Logan Poll's energy drink.
Speaker 4: Yeah, an influencer back energy drink that has earned popularity among children is facing scrutiny from lawmakers and health experts over its potentially dangerous levels of caffeine. Senator Schumer called on the Food and Drug Administration to investigate the drink called Prime. It is a beverage brand that was founded by the YouTube stars Logan Paul and Ksi. It has become very popular. They said that a lot of young folks are obsessed behind this, and they said that the caffeine is just a ridiculous amount and they feel as if it should be investigated.
Speaker 2: What is dangerous levels of caffeine? What do they mean by that? Because I know people who drink three four cups of coffee a day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is advertised as zero sugar and vegans. So in Prime's case, they have about two hundred milligrams of caffeine per twelve ounces, and that is equivalent to have a dozen Coke cans or nearly two Red Bulls.
Speaker 8: So they're saying that the.
Speaker 4: High level of caffeine is not good for young folks. Pediatricians have warned of possible health impacts such as heart problems, anxiety, and digestive issue. So just too much, you know for the teams that they're promoting this drink.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing with Prime, and the reason I know is because I have a nine year old that follows logan pull and actually have me order this drink. There's two different types of drinks. There's a regular drink and then there's the energy drink. But there's two different types of drinks. So the regular drink is supposed to be zero everything, vegan and all this other, and then the energy drink is the one that's supposed to have a lot of caffeine in it.
Speaker 2: So I there's two different ways that they play it.
Speaker 1: And I don't think they actually promote the energy drink to kids. I think they promote the regular drink to the kids, if I'm right.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't do energy drinks for that reason because there's always too much caffeine, and you know, I'd rather drink water or drink like actual juice, like press juice. But when I do, I drink this right here, this is Carviva shameless plug. You know, if you ever want to hydrate, replenished and get your energy, Carviva is a great drink juice and there's no caffeine or anything in that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I always wonder when when people have drink these energy drinks and it's it's so much caffeine in them. What's the problem. Because people drink coffee, like you said, you know, they'll have coffee in their hand all day long, like four or five cups of coffee. I drink Monster and I don't have a problem with with falling off or or you know, some people have that whole thing where you know, after they drink it, they have like a big shut down.
Speaker 2: I don't have those issues of problems.
Speaker 4: Well, the issue is, you know, making sure that there at least is a warning. I believe there was another similar drink that said that they have an FDA warning. So it's kind of like, even though you're saying there's a distinction between the two, if a teen is ordering or if a teen is enticed by they may not know the you know, the difference between the two. You know, I have a sixtey year old and she likes Starbucks, and I try to tell her, you know, certain drinks at Starbucks you can't drink because I.
Speaker 8: Don't want you to. I don't want you start getting addicted to caffeine. You know that young.
Speaker 4: So the question is more about do these teens know what they're you know what they're getting? Do you remember that?
Speaker 8: Do you know ENVV?
Speaker 4: You solve the differ between the two, like or did you just pay attention?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Actually, my son who's nine years old, told me the difference between the two because, like he watched the Logan Pole, so he knew about the Prime drink and he knew about the Prime Energy and he actually wanted me to try it one time. And then I read the levels of caffeine and I'm like, this will have me shaking all day, like you know they're doing all shakes.
Speaker 2: I didn't try it, but he knew the difference.
Speaker 1: But the problem is when you go to these convenience stores, I don't think people even check. They just check out the kid from drinking Prime. And like you said, if it is high levels of caffeine and it's a younger kid drinking it. You know, I don't think they stop them. And like you said, if it causes anxiety, if it can cause a heart attack or whatever, whatever it cause could be a problem because there is nobody. It's not like alcohol where they say you can't drink it unless you're eighteen. I don't think the convenience stores do that.
Speaker 3: That's why I encourage y'all to drink whole plant fruit juices. Man, drink things that have whole plant fruit juice. Once again, that's why I drink CARBEV. I'm detoxing right now because I was on vacation last week over indulging and everything, you know, from alcohol to plant based medicines. You know, I did a thirty day fruit dives. Best I ever felt, my telling you you got it. Detox man, do that with whole plant fruit juices. I'm doing that with That's why I'm drinking a lot of car vv with this week right now.
Speaker 2: I really do rock with carbeper carvv dot com.
Speaker 3: Y'all should go get some of that whole plant fruit juice that they sell.
Speaker 1: All right, well, that is your front page New Steak you Teslin, You're welcome, all right now?
Speaker 2: Then, show.
Speaker 3: You subscribe to Teling Figures podcast. It's great shot. No chase of podcasts on the Black Effect. iHeartRadio podcast network, and make sure you follow her on her Instagram and Twitter at Teslin figure out all.
Speaker 1: Right now when we come back ice Cube, but we joining us, We're gonna kick it with ice Cube.
Speaker 2: Got a lot to.
Speaker 1: Discuss Big Three and more so, don't exposing gatekeepers.
Speaker 7: Too old fresh roun gonna be that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exposing gatekeepers from the record industry to Hollywood to sports.
Speaker 1: Sports, Yeah, entertainment. It's the breakfast Club on b E T. I think the breakfast Club be the same mourning everybody in stj NV charlamagea. We are the breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building, legend ice K.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, what's happening with y'all?
Speaker 2: Welcome? How are you feeling? First?
Speaker 7: I feel good as a government check.
Speaker 2: Sixth season of the Big Three? Yeah, sixth season, congratulations.
Speaker 12: Thank you man. We had a great time in Brooklyn the Barclays. A lot of OG's came out, Melly Mail and Grandmaster Flash, Carris One, Eric b Chuck chill out. You know it was it was dope, Carl got damn Scarlet, you know what I mean. So it was a lot of love celebrating the fiftieth anniversary of hip hop. Nice crowd, you know, about nine thousand people, so you know, it was pretty amazing.
Speaker 2: What did the fiftieth anniversary of hip hop mean? The ice cube?
Speaker 12: Man, it means that, you know, we've come a long way. I remember the first you know year hip hop or you know, really rap. Hip hop is more, is bigger than just rap, but I remember, you know, rap particularly was you know, the first year it came out, everybody was saying it was a fad, you know, it wouldn't last. And forty nine years later, it's the biggest music in the world. So it's a proud, proud moment.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: It's similar to the Big Three when when you started with the Big Three, everybody thought it was gonna be a fad, and yeah, you're six years later. So let's talk about that because you know, we kind of seen the inception of the Big Three. How has it been since then? Is it is it difficult to get played?
Speaker 2: Is it? We'll talk about some of the difficulties in well.
Speaker 12: First, the first I appreciate you guys always supporting, you know, from from year one, before y'all even knew what it was. You guys were supporting the league, having us on and talk about it. And you know, we put fifteen thousand people in the Barclays year year one when we had Alan iverson and so, you know, other than than you know, really not getting much exposure from mainstream sports media, you know, that's really the problem. And and also you know there's things that's happening behind the scenes when it comes to sponsors and networks and and partners to partner with the Big Three. We think we're running to a lot of interference from the NBA. A lot of deals you know, make it to the eleventh hour and then get shut down, you know, and so it's, uh, it's frustrating. It's something that we were like suffering in silence because we wanted to work it out with the NBA. You know, we wanted to figure out, you know, what more could we do to show that we're not competition Now. The whole problem is there's a bylaw in the in the NBA contracts when you're owner, saying you cannot best in a competing league, and so they're labeling the Big Three as a competing league. Uh, hell no, no, it's not good. It's not good because we're not competing. You know, they're they make billions every year. You know, we're we're still trying to you know, get the league into profitability, you know what I mean. Excuse me if I can't pronounce that. I'm with the l a unified school district. So so we're still trying to get there, and we're just close, you know, sponsored to away. But at the end of the day, we're not competing. We play in the summer. If they work with us, we would avoid all the games that they have, you know far as h W, n b A or summer league. But they're not working with us, so we can't coordinate schedules. So we you know, we've tried to do everything to show that we not competing. We don't take players under twenty two, so we're not going after you know, you're one and done. Guys that need to really be in the NBA going to the NBA, and you know, we we try not to to interfere with the NBA's schedule in any kind of way. So we're an alternative summer sport that that. You know, people that like hoops, you don't want to see more basketball. That's what we provide. They're playing five on five, we're playing three on three. It's apples and orange. It's a totally different game when you really break it down, they don't own basketball. Like I say this over and over, I don't hear kids saying, Mama, I want to go outside and play NBA. You know, they go and say I want to go out and play basketball. So basketball is for everybody and anybody, and so we just want to say we're not a competing league if they would not put us in that category.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 12: They don't do that to TBT, which is the Basketball Tournament. They don't do that to slam Ball, which is coming back. NBA owners can own a pick a ball league. They can own an NFL team, they can own a baseball team, they can own anything they want except the Big Three. You know, so we're the you know, one of the only leagues that are so called competing and we're not.
Speaker 7: So we weren't going to drop I.
Speaker 1: Was gonna ask you that last time you up here, you were saying that you didn't sell the franchises as of yet.
Speaker 2: Are you starting to sell a franchise.
Speaker 7: Yet, yeah, we're starting to sell teams anybody.
Speaker 12: Well, right now we're talking to a few different people in groups about buying teams, and we want to put them in cities you know, you would have you know, for lack of a better word, you know, New York Trilogy, you know, you know, Baltimore ball Hogs, whatever. So that's our our next phase. That that, to me, is how we grow the league. We've calibrated it to the point. You got to remember we were inventing a sport at the same time as we were playing the sport, so we had to calibrate it over the years and make sure that the rules work. There was ways to come back from large deficits. We made wrinkles that made the game interesting and fun. So we believe that the game is in a good place and now it's time to sell the teams to owners who have their own vision for their three on three team.
Speaker 1: And how did the players work? So you know, two questions actually, one do the players reach out to you guys or do you reach out to the players? And then how do you decide what player goes to watch team? Because I've been to a couple of games. Of course I went to when Alan Iverson played, and a couple others. But how do you decide, Like, so, let's you know, play that just retired or or doesn't want to play in the NBA, wants to play in your league.
Speaker 2: How do y'all decide what team he goes to?
Speaker 12: And first of all, players contact us, and of course we go after players who we think would be great for the league. We usually, you know, have a player captain spot or co captain spot, and if we only have co captain spots, we'll try to pair this player up with the captain. Because the captain chooses who's on their team. You know, people want guys that they know can play, so it's usually not hard to find a place for uh, you know, a new player that's coming in. But how it works, the player captain, the captain of the team gets to pick who he wants to play with. So he picks up two co captains so you know, guys know how guys play, and it's like, yo, if I play with him, I can win. And then they draft two more players. So we have a draft pool, have a you know, lottery to who picks first, second, third, whatever, and then they pick the players they want and those players play, and then if anybody get hurt, you just return back to the draft pool and they pick another player from the draft pool until the injured player comes back. So there's always a pool of players waiting to get caught up to playing the Big Three.
Speaker 1: All right, we got more with ice Cube when we come back, don't move.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody is the MV. Charlamagne, the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with ice Cube, Charlamagne.
Speaker 3: And I heard you on Joe Rogan and you said the NBA is encouraging people to not sponsor the Big Three and encouraging networks and I played the Big Three.
Speaker 2: Isn't that a lawsuit if you can prove it.
Speaker 12: It is, you know, it's it's it's anti trust that there that they're participating in, you know, when you you know, try to keep the monopoly running by you know, going behind the scenes and scaring either companies that you work with or companies that want to work with you. Yeah, they are very close to if they haven't already crossed the line with that. And I think it should be looked into what they're doing to the Big Three because they've scared off some big companies who who dealing basketball. Now, you got to understand the basketball pool of companies that use basketball to promote is not big.
Speaker 7: It's a small pool of companies. Even networks.
Speaker 12: You think about all the networks that play basketball, you start running out of.
Speaker 7: People to go to.
Speaker 12: Yeah too, if they're blocking Now we got our games, half of our games on CBS, but we got a whole other half of games right now on Big three dot Com.
Speaker 7: We're on massing.
Speaker 12: If you got that at mid Atlantic Sports Network, you know, we should be on another.
Speaker 7: Network with the second half of our games.
Speaker 12: And we've known that they've squashed one deal, you know, same thing with a few other major companies that deal in basketball.
Speaker 7: So we just got to get them to stop that.
Speaker 2: Part calling them out.
Speaker 1: Has it made it worse or is it just the same as you see you know, more backlash from it.
Speaker 12: It's hard to calibrate. You know, hate is hate, So I don't know if it's more hate or less. That part really don't matter to me. At a certain point, you got to go on the offensive, no matter what the consequences are. You can't just sit back and take it and not try to defend yourself and fight for your rights. So I don't really care what they're doing behind the scenes because they haven't been able to kill us.
Speaker 7: We're still alive.
Speaker 3: I wonder would the NBA wants from the Big Three, like, like, what would what's their ultimate goal? They just want y'all. They want to shut y'all down, probably, so they would be happy.
Speaker 1: When we said the NBA isn't the NBA collective of owners, so it's the collective of owners.
Speaker 12: That's no, because the owners, some owners want to invest in the Big Three.
Speaker 7: We've heard from them. They're not allowed to have.
Speaker 1: You had a conversation with Adam at all, several several I've had. How's the conversations went, Well, I haven't had a conversation since we launched the.
Speaker 2: League, but he was away that you would launch a league.
Speaker 7: We went to him. We went to him.
Speaker 12: We actually offered the NBA ten percent of the league for free, because because we're using a lot of their former players, we wanted some kind of working relationship. So they didn't want it, and we just told them we was gonna do it anyway, and that they wasn't gonna stop us because we kind of know how they operate. You know, I would think they're from previous encounters.
Speaker 3: After six seasons, y'all showing success. I can even see during All Star weekend having a Big three, you know, with the OG players versus players like all of that makes perfect sense to me.
Speaker 7: Agree me too.
Speaker 12: What they should be worried about, to be honest, instead of the Big Three is there's some foreign investors talking about starting the ABA again. Now that's true competition because that's five on five professional basketball, and these dudes can pay. They can pay big money, big bigger money than the NBA. So they should stop worrying about the Big Three and doing what they're doing to us. They should work with us so they can have a bigger foot print in basketball, and then they should worry about this ABA that's coming.
Speaker 2: I love this toy you've been on too, man, because it feels like this.
Speaker 3: Is authentic ice cube, right, You've always been authentic, but it feels like, you know, I'm railing against the machine. So who out of the gatekeepers are the gatekeepers worse in sports, Hollywood or the music here?
Speaker 12: I think they all around, you know, I don't think it's I don't think it's worse than any other profession.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 12: I think there's people that try to make sure you stay in your lane, and if you look like you're getting out of your lane, you know, sometimes they'll watch you. Sometimes they'll put guardrails up, and sometimes they'll actually put a gate up and make sure you go no further.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 12: That's what we have happened to here. And this is just my testimony. But we all got them, and we all got to figure out who they are. They don't have to let them know what we know who they are. We just got to figure out how to get around that gate. You know, I used to hop fences when I was young all the time. A fence or gate never stop me from going where I wanted to go.
Speaker 1: So which one is more difficult for you? Because you've seen them when you first started n w A, you see, when you first started in the entertainment industry doing films, and now you see them now, which one is the most difficult?
Speaker 7: None of them? They all easy. You just got to go at them.
Speaker 12: You can't go you know, you can't try the nice you know, nice guide all the time. All of them fold like a chair and this one will too.
Speaker 3: I saw you on Bill Barton and you was talking about the record industry and you said that the record industry uses a social engineering and rap to encourage criminal behavior.
Speaker 2: At what point did you realize it.
Speaker 12: Oh man, You know, after I got matured in the game, after I knew that. You know, records were made by committee. You know, a lot of a lot of albums, a lot of dope songs people like, are made by a group of people telling rappers what to say or what's dope, or that line ain't good enough, or let's change it. Just get somebody up here that can write and all this kind of hip hop by committee. And yeah, the record companies, it'd be they people in there. You know, I've never had an an r. I've never had a record company guy tell me about my music, about how to make it. You know, some of it they liked, some of it they didn't. Some of it they raised their eyebrow too. But that's what they I turned in. That's what they had to accept. And you know, that's hip hop to me.
Speaker 2: What gave it? What gave you the business?
Speaker 12: My so early on watching you know, people I know and like, you know, have to kind of beg for their money, you know, like, and I ain't gonna say no names, but I've seen.
Speaker 7: People that really, you know, can I get paid? You know?
Speaker 12: And it was just I saw that at you know, fourteen fifteen years old, hanging around the industry, just had my antennas up, and you know, when it was time for me to do records, you know, I was in a stage where I was happy, you know what I mean, I'm ready to go, you know, I finally get to live my dream and do music on put it on wax and put it out and see if I'm good enough, you know. And so I had a publicist who later became my manager, lady by the name of Pat Sharvin Nay. And if you see the Friday movie, she helped me produce that movie Friday, you'll see her name on it. But she was the publicist for NWA. And I would show up to the interviews early, you know what I mean. I'm like, you know, if you can't be on time, be early. So I would show up to all the interviews early. Sometimes them dudes wouldn't even show up, like easy on his Way, drown his Way, but they never showed up, so I'll be the only one there. So we got it. We got to chop it up. And she was basically like, do you know who Jerry Hller is? I'm like, no, who is that? You need to look him up because you.
Speaker 7: Just got to watch me. How's your paperwork?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 12: She starts, just have you signed a contract with them yet? And I'm like, nah, you know, I ain't signed nothing. And she's like, you need to make sure you get her attorney before you sign anything with them.
Speaker 3: People talk about how inment of your wife is too in your business? Yeah, what's her role?
Speaker 7: Everything? You know what I mean?
Speaker 12: Her role is just being confident, amuse. You know, she's everything to me. She helped me with knowledge and wisdom. You know, she's just a fantastic person. You know, she's very ahead of the curve when it comes to her thinking. So me and her, you know, we go together like macaroni and cheese.
Speaker 2: You know, you run everything by her, like any.
Speaker 12: Not everything, but you know when when it's time to Really she's the one who helped me leave.
Speaker 7: In w A. I don't really have nobody talk to about it.
Speaker 12: She was just my girlfriend, man, and I was you know, everybody tell me standing group.
Speaker 7: You're crazy, You're about to leave? What the hell?
Speaker 12: And she was the only one saying you good. Everybody like you anyway, you know what I mean, like your records anyway. So that was nice to hear at a time when my whole hip hop world kind of faded to I was kind of sitting there figuring out what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: All Right, we got more with ice Cube when we come back, don't move.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 2: It's j n V.
Speaker 1: Charlamage, the god we are. The Breakfast Club was still kicking it with ice Cube.
Speaker 2: Charlamagne.
Speaker 3: And I want to go back to what you were talking about with the record labels, right, because you said it's a it's they make songs by committee.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 3: I always think to myself, well, couldn't the artists change that or they just simply stopped making the rap that has the criminal intention You're saying that they're being pushed up.
Speaker 12: Yeah, make these kind of record Yeah, a long time ago. It's been happening forever. Some of your some of the songs that you love, some of the MC's love, you know, it was done by committee. It wasn't a man with a pen and a mic.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying. That's me. I'm a man with a pen and a mic.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's what the NWA ever you think they was ever part of the big corporate agenda to push negative content.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they were, but not not a willing, knowing participant. We thought our music was gonna be underground. We didn't make our music big. You know, we did not make our music blow up.
Speaker 7: We just did it. We thought it was gonna be underground, dirty Street records.
Speaker 12: We thought our records was gonna be sold with the Richard Pryor comedy albums and Red Fox and the you know, dirty Dolomite records.
Speaker 7: That's what we thought.
Speaker 12: So, you know, we didn't have a clue that it was gonna blow up until it blew up, you know, I think you know. One was MTV band and straight out of Compton Video. Another was a letter from the FBI. Those are two things that started to just blow the coup up. But we didn't blow ourselves up. You know, everybody blame us, but we didn't. We didn't do it. You know, we was doing music. We actually had stopped worrying about the industry as much. We was basically doing music that people in our neighborhood were like. So we were like, yeah, let's just do what we know is gonna work around here. So we could be neighborhood stars. You know what I'm saying. We can at least, you know, get love in the hoods. So that was our purpose and it blew up.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask, you know, even since the writer strike, how's that affected your business?
Speaker 7: Not at all? Like what writers strike.
Speaker 12: I mean, I know the writers in the movie industry, but I'm not writing no movies right now, so it's not affecting me. But you know, I want them to get what they think they need. I think it's a situation where they're really worried about AI and ESP.
Speaker 2: What's your thoughts on AI.
Speaker 12: I think it's whack. I think it's the worst ever. I think it's gonna put a lot of people out of business and out of work, and everything is gonna be more vanilla. You know, it's not gonna be more creative. It's actually gonna go the other way. People are gonna get lazier, yep. And nobody's gonna work hard, and nobody's gonna attain the knowledge so they can write it down. They're just gonna asks for the knowledge, and you know people are just gonna get stupider.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't see how the writers win this. I'm part of the writers.
Speaker 3: Good I don't see how they win this one though, because I can see them easily shrinking writers' rooms.
Speaker 2: From nine to ten people to two people in AI.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's a hard one because you know, the studios. I mean, the writers are basically saying, hey, we don't want the studios to use it. We want to go home and use it and charge all up for the script.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: But it's you know, when they invented the light bulb, the candle maker had to figure out how to make money, so he started making candles that smell like all kinds of stuff to make money. So adapt, you got to adapt to die. You know, That's just it. And a lot of people are comfortable with their careers. It's hard for him to make that transition to something different.
Speaker 2: Is the illuminati ICEQ? Probably?
Speaker 12: So you know, I don't know what none of them, none of them tell me, Hey I'm alone what I'm saying. I don't I don't participate in none of that, so I don't know about it. Seem like it's there, but who knows.
Speaker 3: So how do you beat the gatekeepers? Because I feel like we're in an era where there's no gates. I feel like everybody could just do their own things. So how do you beat the gatekeepers that still exist?
Speaker 12: I think you you persist, You don't let them stop you.
Speaker 7: You know they there.
Speaker 12: Now, everybody that that's in front of the gate ain't always paying attention.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 12: I've dug security and hit the fence before and got in, so I'll do it again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it feel like gatekeeping is such a played out thing even them to be doing, because it's like it's like you said, it's so many different ways to keep past these gates.
Speaker 12: Now, well, it's to keep a construct, it's to keep the keep things working the way they are, to keep certain people relegated to the bottom of the pyramid.
Speaker 7: That's why the gatekeepers are. Now.
Speaker 2: You just signed Tony Allen with the Big Three. Yeah, talk about that.
Speaker 12: Oh, it's great, you know the Grindfather, you know what I mean, We're going back to Memphis. I'm pretty sure people gonna be happy to see him. We also going to Boston too, so people gonna be happy to see him. We gonna be in Miami and Detroit and Charlotte, DC. Were happy to attract. We want more, you know, we're hoping to get you know, Lemon Pepper, Lou up in here too, Lou Williams, Louis.
Speaker 7: You know, hopefully we get him.
Speaker 12: We want Isaiah Thomas and Dwight Howard and the people you know playing the game you love.
Speaker 2: That'd be dope.
Speaker 1: Last time, you always say you always, you know, talk about the conversation you had with Kobe and you felt that you could have had an opportunity to get Kobe. Is there anybody else that that you feel like you talk to, that you talk to that might be a possibility that.
Speaker 12: You know, I don't want to say names, because once I do that sometimes it jinks it. You know, A thought Paul Pierce was coming. He told me he was coming.
Speaker 2: He didn't come, So why didn't he come to It was a reason for he.
Speaker 12: Never told me why. He never told me why. So mellow Yeah, I would love to get mellow mellow balls. Last year you were age fourteen. He before that, he was man. He would kill the league.
Speaker 1: He's still practices every day, he still trains.
Speaker 12: Mellow, come holler at us, man, You'll have fun. You know, I got these dudes eight. We was in Brooklyn last night, man. You know, to see Michael Beasley hanging with Doctor j and see you know, Clyde to glide over here talking to Mario Chalmers and Joe Johnson. It's like Basketball Heaven. Man, It's Basketball Heaven and the Big Three. And we're going from town to town like an All Star game, coming in and having fun and making the city better than it was before we got there. You know, we're doing cool community stuff with the Young Three. So it's a dream come true for me.
Speaker 3: Ron Riser, he's always with you, you know what I'm saying. And when he walked to everybody, Oh that's Stanley Friday. What role does he play in your service?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 7: Well, we're actually cousins. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 12: My father and his mother grew up in Chatham, Usiana together, and so you know, he's been around and he's like been a right hand and left hand man. You know, he's he handles his business. He's very thorough and he's very business minded. So he's my role manager. So he also makes sure everything is right when I when I hit the road.
Speaker 7: And a very good friend.
Speaker 12: You know, my cousin, but I don't like all my cousins, so so you know, he's closer.
Speaker 7: Than a cousin to be honest, like a brother.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And last question, you know maut Wes Moore, y'all out here cooking with that. But I saw a pick the other day, you and you indub c. Yeah, is there ever a chance we could get a West Side Connection reunion with you Dub and Macton?
Speaker 7: Probably not? Probably not? Wow, I don't want to do another west Side Connection.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I saw mactin on on on Black TV, and you know, I always wonder what happened with that relationship.
Speaker 12: When you're getting of course he do, of course he do. I don't want to talk about it, to be honest, because you know what it is. That's all they need to matter to me. He knows what it is.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, there you have it, ice Cube ladies, and the sixth season of Big Three makes you go out and support I.
Speaker 2: Gotta get the don Mega hoodie, man. I hope you're selling those.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know we're gonna hit We're gonna hit to drop the collection very soon. Will Well, we'll start publicizing it absolutely.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the invite. They invited me to.
Speaker 1: They invite you because you can't play basketball, but they invited me to do the four point contest. But I was stuck in Charlotte last last night. I got back at ten o'clock. But I appreciate you any time.
Speaker 2: No that I got back last night. They invite you. You too, sure you probably can't even read the rim.
Speaker 1: From the four point shot. I can shoot, you cannot anybody get shoot? Next city, Me and Charlamagne.
Speaker 7: Anytime Man and Charlamagne we'll do the no point Let me know which one.
Speaker 1: Y'all want to come, put some money on it and we'll put the get the money to charity.
Speaker 7: That'll be nice.
Speaker 2: You have it. It's ice Cube, It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning everybody. It's d J n V.
Speaker 1: Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We have hit Man Holler joining us today. You know, it's the twentieth season of While and Now, so every morning, every morning this week we're gonna have a cast member to join us.
Speaker 2: So this morning is hit Man Hollow what I brought off?
Speaker 6: You know, Man, I'm excited to be here, feeling good. Breakfast Club. I might send him my application. Man, I kind of like this job.
Speaker 2: We like having you here.
Speaker 3: Even though BT did not promote the Breakfast Club, not wanting during the b T. You know, we're doing our Our part is the good partner and helping them promote their programming.
Speaker 7: That's all that matters.
Speaker 2: That's not all that's reciprocated.
Speaker 7: But show me Love said, Yeah, that's all there. We go.
Speaker 1: All right, well, let's get to the rooms. Let's talk a little Uzzi a name or you gossip?
Speaker 2: You chatting? God, this is the rumor report. I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast Club. This is where the tea.
Speaker 1: Spells right on the breakfast Club. We got a salute and drop a bomb for a little Uzi.
Speaker 5: Verse.
Speaker 1: Pink Tape is the first rap album to debut at number one on Billboard's two hundred chart in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: Little Uzi checks off all the boxes. That makes the superstar man. You know what I'm saying. He has the Internet. You know, he has the screaming numbers, he has radio, and he has great visuals.
Speaker 2: Dropping the clues. Bond for Little Uzi bert Man.
Speaker 1: One hundred and sixty seven thousand units in its first week, So congratulations.
Speaker 3: We'll see a couple more. Travis Scott gonna drop. Travis Scott, he should hit number one. I think I would think Drake's dropping. Drake should hit number one. Yep, right, Who was coming out that Nicki Minaja I think is coming out this year?
Speaker 2: Nikki, Cardi, Cardy. I'm not saying Cardi. We don't know if Cardi dropping this year. Nah.
Speaker 1: I think Cardy said shut up Carty six years five? Actually nah, but she's been What.
Speaker 3: Makes y'all think card you're gonna actually drop this year after five years?
Speaker 2: Shit about four or five? Feetus?
Speaker 1: We just heard one on Cardigate was a number one record one year with Wapping didn't drop. What are you talking about? I got faith in Cardy, I got faith in Cotton. I got faith and cards don't. I don't think he's gonna drop this year, all right.
Speaker 2: We also got a slute to burn a Boy.
Speaker 1: He makes history as the first African artist to sell out a US stadium.
Speaker 2: I'm on now. Burn a Boy played the City feel in Queen's.
Speaker 1: He packed out the forty one thousand seat capacity stadium. Uh, and we just got to say congratulations. They were talking about how he started. I think he started like at a small like the Beacon Theater. Then he did Apollo, then he did a Madison Square Garden and now City Field.
Speaker 2: So he's not even from here.
Speaker 3: Dropp gonna cluse bond for burn a Boy Man, I said, burn a Boy at some point was gonna have a bad Bunnie type.
Speaker 2: Yeah, remember that year Bad Bunny had last year?
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 2: Correct. I feel like burna Boy gonna have one of those real real soon. He's having it now. This is the start. He's having it now.
Speaker 1: He just sold out forty one thousand. He's having it now. Next is gonna be met Life Stadium over there that holds what sixty seventy thousand.
Speaker 3: Now maybe I don't know if he's having it now, it's coming. He's having a moment, though, there's gonna be more than a moment. Burn Boy gonna be around for a long time.
Speaker 7: I think so.
Speaker 1: Now the Weekends Tour becomes one of the decades's most successful tours, grossing over three hundred and fifty million dollars. Now the sold out tour has brought in one hundred and forty eight million dollars just in the North America alone. So despite facing some tough competition like Beyonce Bad Bunny like you said, Taylor Swift, the Weekends three hundred and fifty million victory makes after hours to doing the fourth highest grossing tours of twenty twenties so far.
Speaker 2: So salute to the Weekend as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're living up to your name, man, tough. Everybody looks forward to the Weekends. When he first came out, I was like, maybe you should name himself Tuesday or something. But he's lived up to that name. He's the Weekend.
Speaker 1: Now he's about to go on the second leg of his tour that which is in Europe and Latin America, so he gonna keep selling some tickets.
Speaker 2: So saluting congratulations to the Weekend. He was saying his HBO show sucks though I haven't seen it. Have you seen it?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: I have not.
Speaker 7: You've seen it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What's he doing? Was he's performing no Idle? No, it's a TV show. Now, I haven't even watched it. I haven't seen anybody in the room see it. No, you saw it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: You like it?
Speaker 7: That's so good?
Speaker 2: Oh, she said, it's good. Said that's good.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, well that is your room or reports some of your artists and what they're doing out there, and I show them who are giving a donkey?
Speaker 2: Two man four after the hour.
Speaker 3: We need a sending to Tommy Tuberville to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 2: We like to have a world with him.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of rebranding going on, which some things just cannot be rebranded because some.
Speaker 1: Things are a matter of fact, not a matter of opinion. We'll discuss, all right, we'll get to that next. It don't move, It's to breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Good morning. Okay, this is a miracle.
Speaker 5: There is no question that there are problems in this country between police and community.
Speaker 2: Yes, you are a donkey. The latest on that police killing of a black man. Now the new developments in the definitely spatshooting rampage. Man, it was a really bad day for him and this is what he did, and so we are in a state of emergency. Okay.
Speaker 3: White supremacist violence is always have been the number one threat to our society.
Speaker 7: But I'm also very proud that my wife is white.
Speaker 2: The breakfast club bitch tisnny please tell me why was I your Donkey of the day.
Speaker 3: Donkey today for Tuesday, July eleventh. Of course, the Alabama Center to Tommy Tuboville. Now I know is a country. We are mentally exhausted and fatigued. Everything, especially coming out of COVID. It's just been so much death, so much grief. The economy is in shambles. Every day, there's some sort of racism, homophobia, sexism, anti semitism. Things are so heavy that all we want to do is escape. So a lot of things we should pay attention to we don't. And there's a group of evil assed people in this country who are trying to take us back to a time before we had basic rights.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's happening, all right. Look at what the Supreme Court did with Roe v.
Speaker 3: Wade, Look at what the Supreme Court did with affirmative action in colleges and universities. At this point, we just have to ask ourselves what's next? What basic writer is going to be script from the American people next? But we tie it, Okay, mentally and emotionally exhausted, therefore, we don't have the energy to fight. And people like Tommy Tuberville are banking banking on that, all right, they're banking that we as a collective of too tied to truly get angry, and that is why we can, that is why he can go on national TV like CNN and argue that the definition of white nationalism is just some people's opinion.
Speaker 2: Let's go to CNN for the report police.
Speaker 13: I'm totally against any type of racism. Okay, I was a football coach for forty years, and I dealt and had an opportunity to be around more minorities than anybody up here on this hill. But calling people nationalists white nationalists, white nationalists is just another word that they want to use other than racism. I'm totally against anything to do with racism. But the thing about being a white nationalist is just a cover word for the Democrats now where they can use it to try to make people mad across the country identity politics.
Speaker 2: I'm totally against that.
Speaker 6: But just to be clear, you agree that white nationalists should not be serving in the US military.
Speaker 2: Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 4: I agree that a white nationalist is someone who believes that the white race is superior.
Speaker 8: To other racists.
Speaker 13: Well, that's some people's opinion, my opinion of a white nationalist, if somebody wants to call him white nationalist, to me, is an American.
Speaker 7: It's an American.
Speaker 13: Now, if that white nationalist is a racist, I'm totally against anything that they want to do because I am one hundred and ten percent against racism.
Speaker 3: Cy Senator Tubbleville, It's Kaitlin Collins tried to point out to you. The pure definition of white nationalism is racism. Marion Webster, Mariam Western definition of white nationalism is a group of militant white people who espouse white supremacy and advocate enforced racial segregation. Dictionary dot com says the definition of white nationalism is the belief, theory of doctrine that white people are inherently superior to people from all other racial and ethnic groups, and that in order to preserve their white, European and Christian cultural identities, they need or deserve a segregated geographical area of preferential treatment and special legal protections. Senator Tubbleville, the definition of white nationalism is not a matter of opinion, It's a matter of fact. And this is the problem I have with so many of these fascists, these racists, these white nationalists. They are elected officials, there are politicians, there are people in control the legislation, and they literally talk out both sides. They're reptilian. Next, you can't say you're against racism but be for white nationalism. That's like me telling my side chick black men, don't you? Okay, That's like me saying I'm against drug use but also spending a weekend with Hunter Biden in the White House. I like what Hunter likes DJ Khaled voice. That's like Nick cannon Hole in a safe sex seminar.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I was speaking to the president of the Fat Lives Matter Community and he said, this is like ordering a twenty piece chicken mc nugget value meal, two large fries, a quarter pounds the eminem mixflurry, and then when they ask you what you want to drink, you.
Speaker 2: Say a diet coke. The word of today is contradiction.
Speaker 7: Kids.
Speaker 3: Okay, we are all human contradictions. But this is a senator of the United States of America telling us he's against racism while supporting actual racism, because that's what white nationalism is, bottom line, point blank, period. The Senate is already America's most structurally racist institution. And it always will be as long as this country keeps putting open racists in these seats.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Telling me white nationalism is not racism is the worst rebrand I heard all week. Well, actually second worst, because accepting white nationalism is not being racism is like this cervical cancer charity trying to tell me that vagina should be called bonus holes to avoid upsetting transgender men. Okay, y'all, one A and one B. When it comes to having the worst rebrand ideas of the week, okay.
Speaker 2: Bonus hole.
Speaker 3: Imagine telling a woman, I'm about to eat your bonus hole, all right. Imagine needing the tampon for your bonus hole, all right. I ain't spending no money on no bonus hole. And if that hole is the bonus, what's the main hole?
Speaker 2: Anyway? Senat to Tommy Tubleville.
Speaker 3: Since we have hit Man Holly here from Wilding Outsolute to hit Man Holly, and wild'n Out is celebrating their twentieth anniversary, so every day we're gonna have someone from wild'n Out in here co hosting. Even though BT absolutely did not promote the breakfast club, not once during the BT Awards, the partnership should be reciprocal, all right, but we have battle rappers straordingate hit Man Holler from wilding out in here, and he's gonna give us a few bars to Tommy Tuberville, you're acting like you're on the wild' out stage. Hit Man Holler got cenata. Tommy Tuboville is in your face. I'm gonna even provide you ad libs for for each ball.
Speaker 6: I appreciate, Tommy. See, I'll be trying not to act like a savage and things. But if y'all ain't racist, then why y'all kill a black man for having a dream? Y'all sick for real? Y'all gonna make me get lit for real. If y'all ain't racist, why trade by I can get killed for eating skills or the wicked things y'all did to mmit till. I mean, I'm on a radio, so I can't even cuss. But if y'all wasn't racist, then it wouldn't have been a problem for Rosa to sit in front of that bus. I mean, if y'all ain't racist, have a seat. I might buy you a sofa. If y'all ain't racist, and explain to me the chain of events that happened in TUSA.
Speaker 7: I'm just saying, I just need some respect.
Speaker 6: If y'all ain't racist, why I wake up every morning to see another cop with her knee on our neck.
Speaker 7: Tommy, be real with yourself.
Speaker 6: That's what the case is. All I'm trying to say, is y'all pretty much racist? Off the top for the breakfast club that's off the top.
Speaker 2: Please give center the Timmy Tellbleville the biggest.
Speaker 10: He hull.
Speaker 2: Says, we hear you might to look Kathy Griffin.
Speaker 3: Yourself, please give please give this giant jar male look big as he haw.
Speaker 2: Can Chelsea hand look at something too? He haw he haw. That is way too much. Dan Mannage, I'm looking at the crack the counter. I had three more. I just said it a game, so I got two more? Right, you got one more. You're gonna go over now. I'm gonna go over here, going overhead. I'll paid a fine, go ahead, play as Jesus. All right, Well, thank you for that. Donkey of the day. I love this job. D T see how later maybe peace as possible?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: Where you wanna go now? I don't know what we're doing. What you want to do? Don't ask me. We didn't have a topic before we started. Don't though to me. Not did my job job.
Speaker 1: I'm texting people. Nobody hits me back two minutes before we could go here.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, we do have hit band HOLLYW. Hill and he's he's a rapper, and you know we were talking earlier. We just had ice Cube. But yesterday after ice Cube left, there was a great conversation that started because of Drink Champs interview.
Speaker 2: Talking about who's the best storyteller when it comes to rap music? Rap music? All right, we can open up the phone lines and have that discussion.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred five A five one oh five to one. We're discussing who has the best storytelling? I think it's b I G.
Speaker 2: Hands down. Can you pull up on the big big joints while we talking about it?
Speaker 1: And we'll take your calls. Eight hundred five A five one oh five one. Some of the people in around me has been Ice Cube, some of them has been scar Face, Rest in peace, black rock hit man, Holler said big l. So we'll taking calls when we come back. It's the breakfast club. Come on, let us rock for a little bit every day. This morning, Well, every day, well every morning this week, I should say, we have a different person that's gonna be hosted with us and today's hit Me and Hollow. Yes, sir, we were having this conversation behind the scenes talking about who is the best storyteller when it comes to rap.
Speaker 3: Well, it came from Drink Champs because Tony Yeo and EFN got into a debate about, you know, who was a better storyteller between ice Cube and Biggie Smalls. And then I saw people talking about it on social media. And you know, hit Man, in your battle rap world, you're known as the best storyteller.
Speaker 7: One of the top for shows.
Speaker 6: So I actually grew up listening to Big l because of my pops, you know, Tupac, Damn Max. So I kind of grew the love storytelling, all the storytelling. So like big Al got casualties of a dice game, he got heist, you know what I'm saying. Crazy, you know, Tupac ain't man at you. Brandy got a baby, Damn Mass got Damon. You know what I'm saying, He got like soul. Like yeah, So I'm a big fan of storytelling raps.
Speaker 3: I think storytelling rappers such a such such a lost start, you know. Personally, my favorite storytellers, I do have ice Cube in my top list of storytelling rappers. Mine is ice Cube, Biggie Small, and there's no particular order. Ice Cube, Biggie Small, Scarface, Black, Rob Slick Rick, ghost Face. Those are the greatest storytelling rappers to me, because the people that are the best storytelling rappers are the ones that's rapping and you don't even realize they're.
Speaker 2: Telling you a story, you know. And Biggie Big does that a lot.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of records you hear from Big and don't even realize, oh, shoot, this is a whole story, you know. Niggas Lee warning, you know, somebody's got to die. Nobody until somebody kills you, you know, every day Juicy like he's It seemed like every time Biggie touched the mike, he was telling us a story, you know.
Speaker 2: And I really believe he's rap out for Hitchcock.
Speaker 3: I don't think for me, it'd be a very close time between Biggie and Scarface.
Speaker 2: Definitely Biggie.
Speaker 6: For me.
Speaker 1: Face face puts you when face does it sometimes I guess it faces voice, It puts you like you're there like even when I remember it can't be life what he's talking about his man's friend, that the man's son had died, Like he put me in it, like I felt like I was there in the studio that night.
Speaker 3: And see, And that's what you just said to is bring me to a point about there's great storytellers that do whole songs and great storytelling verses, because that verse from this can't be Life is one of the best storytelling verses, yes, but then ghost faces verse on impossible is one of the best storytelling verses. But then you have people like Pa fu make Brenda's got a baby. That's a whole song, or nods when he does rerun, rewind that's a whole song. Oh, I got the whole song, you know what I mean. But then you also got if you got to step to the side a little bit too.
Speaker 1: Jay has done it a lot with some of Jay's records, especially with him and him and Bleak, going back and forth with what was the other one that Jay did A gun in your mouth and that's so you could come on the phone, Yeah, from the foe, But then you you can't forget mister.
Speaker 2: Cheeks, are you pointing hit man, call it man, mister cheeks. I said, you can't. I'm just crazy. Buy some balls, hit man. You know point that no man calling mister cheeks unless actually mister cheeks. Bro, that's crazy. Mister Cheeks did renee. But that's a record. That's a story, but it's one record.
Speaker 3: These people that we're talking about have songs, catalogs of stories.
Speaker 7: Like.
Speaker 3: To be considered a great storytelling rapper, you gotta have to me five or more.
Speaker 2: Storytelling is the biggest was.
Speaker 7: Jay Z best storytelling song? What's your favorite one from Jay? Just to realize? Song cry story huh song cry we can going.
Speaker 2: Song, Lucky Me, lucky me for me?
Speaker 3: If I if I said Jay's oh now, oh Screech is watching Screeches watching the lucky Me, Yeah, that's what I will go.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But let's let's go to the phone lines eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five to one.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 8: Mike?
Speaker 7: Mike?
Speaker 2: Who's your favorite storyteller rapper?
Speaker 10: Man, it's gotta it's gotta be drinks man, Because if we're talking about from take Care nothing, what's the same. There's a lot of albums with Drake the storyteller. Picture, if we're talking about all time though I'm talking.
Speaker 5: About right now the games. Drake is the best storyteller around.
Speaker 2: But the all times I would really have ice ice Cube.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm not mad at anybody that says Cube, but and also I don't think Drake is a better storyteller than Kendrick, Like what.
Speaker 7: Story has Drake best storytelling?
Speaker 2: So yeah, what story is Drake told that's better than Duckworth? Right, He's He's off, Hello, who's this good morning mama? What what rapper you think did the best storytelling?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 13: Back in the day, I feel like.
Speaker 5: Ice cubers like they had a hand. But like today, I feel like Jack Cole. He really tells stories in his fall and it's not on a rappers ever do that anymore?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a lost art. It is a lost art. I wonder when people say ice Cube.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of ice Cube stories out Like when people say ice Cube, like what what? What are they just thinking about?
Speaker 7: It was a good day I got. I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 6: I'm a hip hop I know I'm young, but that's the only one I know from cbe my summer vacation.
Speaker 7: But I know they gotta be probably just talking about today was a good a good day.
Speaker 2: Well, well let's get it to uh jay Z and Scarface. You're gonna play that over ice Cube? It was a good day.
Speaker 3: When everybody calling in about Cube, you to New York for your own good You're not doing that.
Speaker 2: But this is face.
Speaker 3: This is fair talking about the face people are calling in for people who have already we had two votes for ice Cube. Bro, stop doing that. You're playing that song because jay Z is on it. Okay, play ice Cuban was a good day, Eddie, No.
Speaker 2: Jay Z, ice c We're gonna play both.
Speaker 3: Then we're not even listening to that song. Face play well cut you do it in the mix and play the verse from Faith then okay, I will do that. Jesus Christ, this guy is so crazy, you hater man, you too New York for no reason.
Speaker 1: So what and for DJ add Charlamagne the God, we are the Breakfast Club. If you just join us, we're talking about some of rap's best storytellers. Now, this conversation came from behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: Now let me ask you.
Speaker 1: We talked about a bunch of women, a bunch of men. Any women that we put in this category that tell a great story. I know Queen la Queen Latifa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of them. Lauren Hill was a great storyteller. What's on Lost Lost one is the story.
Speaker 3: It's funny how money changes the situation, if you miscommunication turning on that, that's a.
Speaker 2: Story, if you really listen to the lyrics.
Speaker 7: I know, let me say it.
Speaker 2: Besides quig, what about love is blind?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: Hey man, everything don't have to be a body quality. I don't even know why you did that, Like, why do you even do that? Like that's just that was just stupid. You just derailed the whole conversation. We were having a conversation just about a bunch of dudes, because don't guys are the greatest rap storyteller.
Speaker 2: But we name a bunch of them, But we have some women act that a great storytelling.
Speaker 3: I actually haven't even named ten because the artist storytelling is such a unique art.
Speaker 2: Everybody can't do it great. I got six of them.
Speaker 3: I got Biggie, Scarface, ghost Face, Slick Rick, ice Cube, and who was my other person? I said, black Rock. You said, Pop Big Big DMX.
Speaker 2: That's nine. You said big. So we only said nine people big ghost Face you said yeah, I said six. Hit Man said three, and you said big, So that's nine. You said, Face said that's ten. So we got the ten people. Okay, not talking about everybody I gave you power.
Speaker 7: Listen.
Speaker 3: All of those guys are good storytellers. NOAs is a good storyteller. Jay is even a good storyteller. The people that I feel like we're talking about our top tiers, said d m X grade A. DMX is a good storyteller. I don't have DMX up there with Q. I don't have DMX up there with Slipping. I don't have DMX up there with Big. I don't have I don't have J up there with dm up with Big. I don't have I don't have.
Speaker 2: You know, Eminem.
Speaker 3: Eminem's good, He's good, but he's not up there with these people I'm talking about. When you talking about guys like ICEQ, you got the name songs like.
Speaker 6: A Bird and clean out my Closet, Kim Crazy, He got like, now what I think about.
Speaker 7: Cleaning out my closet?
Speaker 3: And Kim go listen to these record Listen to cue a Bird in Hand, Listen to It was a good Day. Listen to Once upon a Time in the Projects, Listen to My Summer's Vacation. Listen to a Gangsters Very tape. Go listen to Big Warning, listen to Everything Day.
Speaker 2: He's better than Big.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying, Lita category when when you talk about some of the writers.
Speaker 3: Maybe may Mike's in the top ten, I feel like you gotta have five storytelling records are better to be considered a great storytelling rapper.
Speaker 2: Well, let's go to the phone line. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 1: This is this TV from Columbia eight three.
Speaker 2: What's happening? We're talking, uh storytellers this morning? What's your thoughts? Mama?
Speaker 7: J Cole's another vocal.
Speaker 13: Listen to Dreams where he talks about he's feeling a little.
Speaker 6: That's the best one.
Speaker 3: Wet Dreams is a great one. Lost Ones is a great one for your eyes only as a great one.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, that's good too.
Speaker 3: I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: Nineteen eighty five, the nineteen eighty five record. That's a good one. Chaining Day is a good one. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 5: This is said I'm calling some Detroit but I'm here, first time calling.
Speaker 2: What up? Doumb talk to us chilling.
Speaker 5: All right, I feel like, obviously, baby, you know he gets it, he gets a chance for that, but I feel like I can and or what's his name? Too big punt. He had something to say about storytelling as well. The best great artist says.
Speaker 3: Love big point like you know they love rock, love big point of love rock him still can't put them on the level of the people that you talking about.
Speaker 1: Click Rick, I said, you know, this is what's up, bro, we're talking the best storytellers as far as rappers are concern. What's your thoughts, y'all forgot one of the great is now.
Speaker 3: We mentions I mentioned I like no, I think nas is a good storyteller. I don't think he's on the level of scar Face or Slick ricks Face one of.
Speaker 5: The greatest because he did a whole song and reverse.
Speaker 1: Yep, we didwan did I Got Your Power? But he was the gun Yeah, definitely that was crazy.
Speaker 7: That was crazy.
Speaker 2: Already did one of my favorite, my favorite ones too, Body in the Trunk, Body in the Trunk. You're just saying things. Now, you didn't like Body in the Trump.
Speaker 3: I did like Body in the Trump, but I told you can't do a song I know a great storytelling song, you gotta have at least five storytelling songs are better to be considered a great storyteller. Rapper Cube got that, Slick Rick got that, Biggie got that, Scarface got that.
Speaker 2: J Cole and Kendrick even got that. To be honest with you, let's go to one more caller. Hello, who's this.
Speaker 7: Ag and me?
Speaker 2: Shi? Good morning, Good morning. We're talking about the best storytellers of.
Speaker 5: Rap Yes, the best storyteller of rap o Biggie hands down, New York.
Speaker 7: I'm with you, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I think I think Biggie is number one. Biggie might have the most between and I'm not mad at you.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I want the record show even the women that called up here didn't mention no women. I just want to throw that out there.
Speaker 6: Crazy thing is my My biggest song on YouTube is a story like both five million views, house Port.
Speaker 7: I want you to check it out. I got like a bunch of stories like with the visuals. That's what I really want what I do, So I want you to check it out. I'm gonna call y'all. I'mnna let you out right now.
Speaker 6: House Party, Whitney Mark reminisced story with the visuals.
Speaker 2: Check it out. You know we're forgetting what's Sunday? Oh man? Some made from Massachusetts. He just did the record, Join the joining. Lucas get busy with story.
Speaker 7: I think it's te Grizzy though Ti Grizzy got a whole with the visuals. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: But joy of Lucas is he gets busy when he when he does, he tells the stories and he paints that picture.
Speaker 6: Don't you paint a picture. If you can paint a picture without me seeing a video, you're a great story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how And that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: The art, the storytelling is dead because the people that we're talking about operate at such a high level when they when it comes to telling stories. When Bigge Small th he was the rap out for his cock, I believe it. Callface. You know, if you ain't never listening to songs like you know, I seen a man die, you know, a minute to pray in the second to die handed the dead body.
Speaker 2: Mind playing tricks on.
Speaker 7: Me, mind playing uld scare me. I was a kid that's video scared. I was so scared of.
Speaker 2: They wrote and he wrote mcburss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he did, you know, So that's why I even give Cube credit to because even though we can name all these songs from Cube, he.
Speaker 2: Also wrote Boys in the There's another great storytelling.
Speaker 7: Record, Brus Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Well when we come back, we got your room report. We got to talk about g Herbo. He was arrested out in Chicago. Will tell you why.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Sluggle Morning, the Breakfast Club. Warning. Everybody's j n V. Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. And I tell you this, man.
Speaker 3: I said this behind the scenes, but I have to say it when we on air, because you know, Envy just threw the question out there and I wasn't even thinking when you asked about great female storytellers MC.
Speaker 2: Light man, I the close bombs from mc light, like I don't even know. God damn, I don't even know how we forgot mc light.
Speaker 3: Poor Georgie paper thing, theappuccino eyes of the soul winning love.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. If you got five or.
Speaker 3: Better, you you gotta be considered one of the greatest storytellers of all time.
Speaker 1: So will Smith drums please summertime, just the two of us Nightmail on my screen. I wish I could be Mike tytuld be Mike Tyson.
Speaker 3: Those are good records. He's not elite summertime and just the two of us is they might be great records, classics. He's not elite though, he's not an elite storyteller.
Speaker 7: He got three.
Speaker 2: He got three though, actually got more than three. Nightmail on My Street, just two of us. I think Mike Tyson five.
Speaker 7: Yeah, here it is, well, you got five.
Speaker 2: That's in discussion in the play around. This is where I spent most of my days.
Speaker 3: That was one left the record show. Our producer, Eddie is from Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: That's why he had these.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, no, nobody got in twenty twenty three, nobody got a Nightmare on My Street?
Speaker 6: Cued up, cute, ready to go and go? Oh sure nice for me, quick quick from Philly. He's from Philly, Philly.
Speaker 2: I'm just play dreaming. The nightmare is Eddie?
Speaker 7: You got it?
Speaker 2: All right, Well, let's get to the rumors.
Speaker 7: You got it?
Speaker 2: Oh no, oh god, yeah, go to rumors man.
Speaker 7: All right, let's get to the rooms. You read.
Speaker 2: Who names or you've got been on you chatty god?
Speaker 7: This is the rumor report.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess we're on the breakfast club. This is where the tea spells, right on the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Oh man Ge Herbal has been released on bond after being arrested in Chicago for unlawful use of a fire arm.
Speaker 2: Now, even though we got arrested.
Speaker 1: He was arrested yesterday at five point forty five pm where cop said he found a gun. Now he was arrested in book for missing me, the unlawful use of a weapon in a public place.
Speaker 7: How the unlawful use if they just found it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: They said he has to appear in court at a later date. All right, now, Madonna, if you were worried about her, she speaks for the first time. She says, thank you guys for positive energy. You know, she had a bacterial infection that they said, what she had a fever for like a week.
Speaker 2: Or something like that, or some crazy fever for two weeks. It sounded like a baby. What you mean no babies for weeks?
Speaker 1: Well, she says, thanks for your positive energy, prayers and words of healing and encouragement. I have felt your love. I'm on the road to recovery and incredible grateful for all the blessings in my life.
Speaker 2: I wish her nothing but good health.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: My first thought when I woke up in the hospital was my children.
Speaker 1: My second thought was that I did not want to disappoint anyone who brought bought tickets to my tour. I also didn't want to let you down to people who work tiresly with me over the fat past few months to create my show.
Speaker 2: I hate to disappoint anyone, man, Madonna. None of that matters now, Maad, is that you know, you get healthy, you can be here for your kids. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I don't understand people who make jokes about people who be in bad health. Say I don't know about y'all. When I wake up in the morning, I pray for good health. Absolutely, what's the new new culture? Everything's a joke.
Speaker 2: Man, what she just said.
Speaker 1: My focus now is my health and getting stronger, and I'll assure you I will be back with you as soon as I can. I couldn't be more grateful for your care and support. Love Madonna's speedy recovery, Madonna, absolutely, and lastly, hit man, holler, you got something that you're working on right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, I got a My next Rap Battle September second, rbe Atlanta, Get your tickets now. Who battling Battle and a guy named it Will It Will go down nice Michigan.
Speaker 7: He been doing his thing like that's a white white Okay.
Speaker 6: I got a battle rap TV show on Coach ter Raine TV, Fifteen battle rappers in the house to win and get fifty thousand shooting. And they got a female TV show, fifteen baddies in the house. They doing challenges, you know, pole dancing, cooking, football, battle rapping. What they gotta do with battle rap? Poll on the battle that's just another Now there's just another. I got a battle rap show and I got a female Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is battle wrapped lucrative for anybody other than like people? That's on the level you on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because even if you do just say you do like five six battles of year, some of them guys are getting like fifteen twenty thousand, fifteen thousand battle So that's good.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying. You know what you get hit man, My last three out of got over six figures to show up.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, you know you say.
Speaker 6: The numb when you just say, hell over six I get pay per view deals stream deals too.
Speaker 7: So you know what I'm saying, back, I'm the whole of battle rap. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We just know the earth is listening, just so you know, always listening. All right, Well that is your rumor report. Now we got a salute Little Kim. Today's Little Kim's birthday.
Speaker 2: Little Kimayan. All right, man, let's start the mix off of some little chemists breakfast.
Speaker 3: Clas one year for a Little Kim's birthday to punch me in the back of the head, the little Ki allegedly allegedly, I.
Speaker 2: Mean that might be the anniversary of that too. Huh. Let me look and see.
Speaker 1: Well for people, for people that don't know, Charlamagne got punched in the back of the head, and it was rumored that that was a birthday present Little Kim.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what the screech said. That's the street set.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday, Little Kim. I hope you get something better than what you got twelve years ago. Oh you know, that probably made you very happy. If it's true, I don't think it's. Well, I don't think it's now think it shout.
Speaker 7: The Little Kim.
Speaker 2: Even if it was, I probably deserved it. I'm sure you got. I'm proud. I'm almost positive about this. We've changed.
Speaker 7: What most stress you'd be chilling out.
Speaker 2: I'd be cool if I ain't got nothing to distressed about it. I'm good out here like some of your uh what's called.
Speaker 7: That is?
Speaker 2: That is a heritage candle. That is amber ood. It's the Breakfast dude, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 1: When it's time to get with someone special, the best way to do it is with Magnum large size condoms. That gold foil rapper is a badge of honor, and it means you're protected and you take care of things with comfort.
Speaker 2: Accept no substitutes.
Speaker 1: Bring the pleasure with the gold standard Magnum large size condoms. Morning, everybody, it's DJ n V Charlamagne to got me on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Hit Man.
Speaker 1: You know, this is the twentieth season of wild' Out, So every morning we're gonna have a different cast member here and hit Man holla is today.
Speaker 3: Yes, and we appreciate hit Man pulling up even though BT did not promote the Breakfast Club now one time facts during the BET Awards, and this is a partnership that should be reciprocal. So being that we're helping them promote their programming with wilding out, they should be doing the same and promoting.
Speaker 2: They're programming their only live show, their only live show, which is the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: That's right, No, I agree.
Speaker 2: Maybe they'll get the message after this we promote. We appreciate that. That's been so all love. We appreciate that for years too.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right, when we come back, we got the positive notice the Breakfast Club go morning owning everybody. You seej Envy, Charlamagne, the God. We are the Breakfast Club. It's time to get up out of here. You got a positive note.
Speaker 3: Yes, man, I just want to tell people out there, man, always be humble because what God gives he can also take away. And I want you to remember that humility is not weakness, okay, but strength under control. It's not thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less. All right, stay humble, Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: You don't finish or y'all done.