Speaker 1: Welcome to No Ducks. We're here for some NBA offseason fun. We have some basketball to talk about, so rare, so rare. I'm tas Melice, but today I'm Tasos Melas because we're going to talk about the euro Basket with me. It's the man in the middle, Trey Kirby. Hell A, just a solo ao back, just me and Trey right now as we get into some EuroBasket fund Skis will join us. Had a later show maybe for some other EuroBasket fun, because we'll be back after the round robin is done next Thursday.
Speaker 2: That's the play.
Speaker 3: That's quick, man.
Speaker 4: They get through this early part of the tournament pretty fast. I suppose playing all the round robin games over the course of a week.
Speaker 2: Good stuff.
Speaker 1: Five games seven days about yeah, every team has played one game so far.
Speaker 2: Twelve games. We'll get into.
Speaker 1: What you're sort of you've seen Trey like, impressive teams, players, questions, any random notes. We'll get to those a little bit later. The games haven't been ridiculously great to start, but we've seen somebody of the stars already, so that's been fun exactly right.
Speaker 4: We got some MVPs playing, you know, we had Luca and Giannis both finished their games to differing results.
Speaker 3: We've seen Nikola jokicch.
Speaker 4: Play, but you're right, the group stage of the tournament still a big spread in talent from a lot.
Speaker 3: Of these teams.
Speaker 4: So we've seen quite a few blowouts, but a lot of NBA talent and a few bangers for games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I apologize, I mean, I'm starting it with a bit of a DeBie Downer kind of tone, but.
Speaker 4: Hey man, this was better basketball today and yesterday than any of the other basketball we've seen from NBA players this summer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. We did get some upset.
Speaker 2: So let's start from the team.
Speaker 1: Side of things before we get to the individual stars. What's been the most impressive team you've seen so far?
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't know if this is the most impressive team as in they're gonna win the euro Basket Tournament, But the most impressed I've been by a team is Georgia today pulling the upset against Espanya. Mamu Keleshvili and Gogo bataz Ta over these guys were awesome tasks. I didn't realize that Sandro Mamu kelsh Villi was basically the Luka Danchitz of Georgia. This guy breaking down people off the dribble, finding them with passes. I didn't know he had the passing in his bag. He had a massive right handed layup late in this game to put things away and then go Goa was hilarious making a corner three pointer from the right hand side of the court. A couple of plays later they find him in the left hand corner. He knocks down another three and then hits the straight up big ball dance in euro Basket.
Speaker 3: And here's the great thing.
Speaker 1: About Yeah, we're giving you the big balls right here on YouTube. If you're watching with us right now, he pulled it out.
Speaker 4: That's right, we have We're going to show you the big balls here. There's no ban on big balls on no dun said there's no ban on big balls on the FOBA broadcast because they ran it back and you could hear the announcers.
Speaker 3: Say, you can describe that one at home.
Speaker 4: But then at home, their Twitter account, which is awesome, posts it celebrating the big balls dance from GOGA. There much different response than you get from the NBA. So I love to see the personality. This was such a good game too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, I don't really understand.
Speaker 4: The ins and outs of the FEBA rankings, but I think it was an upset and it was really fun to watch. And honestly, Goga and Mamu going back and forth together was unbelievable to see these guys be elevated. From a FEBA perspective, I'm ready to put them up there with Dennis, with Evan Fournier, with Boyan and bog Dan Bogdanovic, guys who just go to another level on their national teams.
Speaker 3: These guys look like.
Speaker 4: Hippin' and I don't know uh Jokich out there for the team. Awesome stuff from Goga and Mamu.
Speaker 2: No doubt this was an upset.
Speaker 1: Spain is the reigning EuroBasket champion from twenty twenty two. They are not one of the favorites in this tournament, but to see Sandrew memus Kelishvili do what he did in those final mill minutes. The great thing about EuroBasket is you get the audio going for these coaches and the coach. The Georgian coach is pretty simple, dude. He's He's a man of few words. A few of them are pastu Mamu Pastu. Mamu as simple as that man, because literally Mamu taking dribble handoffs from the top. Uh, and he's just playing smart now. He's more of a B line straight line nine type of driver. There's no doubt about that. He you know, he did his thing with Space the Spurs last year, was there for his monstrous game that he had with the Spurs, and he'll be with the Raptors as a backup center this year. And you can see why he makes sense when those guys make the extra passes, whether it's Brandon Ingram or Scottie Barnes or whoever. He's there to bang home threes. He can do that, and he's decent with the dribble handoffs. You mentioned the drives he had in key moments. So yeah, they're overperforming here.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And they did it against Spain. So it's a fun, really fun start for this Georgian team. Absolutely a delayed. It was a little disappointing on the other side not to see al Dama ball. I mean, he came out and performed at some times, but yeah, I want to see a little bit more aggressiveness al Dama because he is their number one score now and that's why this team isn't likely to meddle. But they still have talent, and it was just a little disappointing not this year him ball out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Aldama didn't do much. I actually thought that Spain was playing their best. Early in the fourth quarter, they went on a little bit of a run with Wancho Hair flying out like a lion's man. Apparently this guy has highlights now all over the place making plays. They pulled him out and that's instantly when Georgia went on their run. Willie hernan Gomez, I looked it up. Dude was first team All Rookie in the NBA in twenty seventeen, less than ten years ago, and now he's out of the league. And watching the way some of these rebounds were going to Goga, the wide open shots he was getting, I was like, oh, I get it now, he just moves a lot slower. This Spain team ain't the old Spain team. They don't have the perimeter talent and their set of brothers, the hernan Gomez is They're not the Gasols.
Speaker 2: No doubt about that.
Speaker 1: I'll move on to another team, which was impressive in very much the definition of what a team.
Speaker 2: Is the Greeks.
Speaker 1: Obviously it's Giannis and that's definitely the most important thing. But they got performances from so many guys. We watched this team in the Olympics last year and they were so desperate for a secondary player just to do anything out there, and this time it was way different. Now they're starting a different backcourt. I think that really helps. Instead of nikol Athis and Thomas walk Up, they're playing Tyler Dorsey and Costa Slucas, an old thirty five year old, and those guys were just efficient at hitting shots. They had so many helpers and it wasn't like Dorsey or Slucus even hit double digits. They had nobody hit double digits beside Yannis. But there was just so many guys, Papa, Nicolau, Slucas, Toyopulos, we had a Fanasti side to Takompo dribble three pointer with a few minutes left.
Speaker 2: There's so many.
Speaker 1: Guys to work around Yannis, who was an absolute machine last year when they were the Olympics. He was a monster. Unfortunately they went one and two in this one. You can see that they could be better. Jannis was himself I mean his first basket within the first two minutes was there's two guys around him and he could have passed to somebody. He said, now I'll I'll just use my legs to be able to pounce around these guys and dunk it got on the break. Gallinari was guarding him at some point. Danilo Gallinari, he might be the Puerto Rican MVP because he won the MVP in the Puerto Rican League this summer, but he's too old to guard Janis and I think the Italians were a little a little too old in general. Other than the who's the young guy that they had the Senegali slash Italian player. He was awesome, but they're a little too old. Even though Nicomelly was balling again, they just needed some guys. They had seven threes overall. It wasn't like they were taking a ton of threes. But Jannis was efficient himself. Didn't shoot a three thirty one points for him, fourteen of twenty for him, so it was nice to see them play the way they should play. They were giving Yannis space within the arc because they were threatening from three point lane, unlike what they had last year.
Speaker 3: I was mostly watching Luca versus Poland during this one. Unfortunately, they were going head to head.
Speaker 4: But every time I tuned over to the Greece game, Yiannis was getting a dunk and then I heard the broadcaster say, oh, plan to his strengths today, and that certainly seemed like what was going down. Not a lot of beef on the inside for the Italians unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know they were lacking. He could do it against whoever he wants. Saloon Niang as the guy who was thinking of from Italy, but otherwise, yeah, they're literally too small.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 1: I mean, Melli was actually balling for that team, but they just they don't have size. That is totally true. They tried to front him at times that didn't work. I like the Greeks changing to coast Usumpo. There's three a Cumpo's on this team that we're playing. They switched to coastas starting in the second half to get some some more flticism around Giannis. But that team just reacted well. Dorsey went from starter to bench to playing really well coming off the bench in that second half.
Speaker 2: So they really really played well.
Speaker 1: Any other teams you want to mention before we get to more players or mean, you do you want to talk about Luca and the loss.
Speaker 4: Here, We'll get to Luca because he was definitely impressive, But we're talking teams. I thought Turkey looked awesome in their win over Latvia. I was maybe expecting a little bit more from the Latvians. The crowd was certainly hyped, but Turkey. If we're talking about teams that look small, it ain't Turkey. They look like the biggest team out there, maybe alongside Serbia. But Shengun was incredible. Cheddy Osman was giving me sort of like Gershan yabucele vibes, a guy who was in the NBA. He has to go away for a while, but then you see him in an international competition. You're like, wait a second here, Cheddy Osmond's hoopin can he come back? He shot thirty nine percent from three to twenty twenty four. If he's a shoe and still a decent slasher, maybe he can play. I know they're kind of like in the mix for the EuroBasket Championship, but an outside shot.
Speaker 3: But I was certainly.
Speaker 4: Impressed by the way they played because they destroyed Latvia, and I thought that these were two teams that were kind of near each other talent wise, but Shngun definitely looked like the all star out there rather than Porzingis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're totally right. These are two teams that could medal. They're not the favorites. That belongs to Germany of course, along with Serbia of course, but these two could be the bronze medalist, and I think we'll make some I feel like the Turkey stole that right to be the bronze medalist from Latvia. We'll get to that a little bit later, just random things that we have decided have changed. I think that Turkey went and stole it from Latvia because I was looking forward to Christaps Porzingis seeing what he looked like. He's been talking about how fresh he feels, and he did, you.
Speaker 2: Know some things out there.
Speaker 1: The deflection on d came in and used a thunderous bang in the post to get some space, but he turned out dumped.
Speaker 2: He got dunked on.
Speaker 1: That was mean. Shae Moose has air. What a frickin dunk and he has air? For sure, he has air. And Porzingis literally was holding his wrist after it. I mentioned how he feels fresh, but he was checking his wrist because Hazard gave it to him stared him down after. So not a great start. But yeah from Turkey, now, maybe maybe they just got super duper hot. They shot sixty percent from three to fifteen of twenty five, a ridiculous percentage from three you mentioned Jeddi Osman came on Sapahi and then the Turkish Shane Larkin who used to be in the NBA. I mean he was going to that crossover and raising into that three point shot. He got past Porzingis and shot over him. So this may have been a perfect night. And I may be wrong that this team's going to win the bronze medal, but yeah, they looked ridiculously great in Latvia where they're playing Latvia having this home opener for them as that group plays their games in Latvia. That was a stolen game by Turkey, so let's move on.
Speaker 3: Definitely a fun game.
Speaker 4: Also, love the sheng gun Dish had one behind his head going down the lane.
Speaker 3: I forget we drops it off too, but yeah, looks.
Speaker 4: Beautiful and I do got to give a big shout out to my guy Zagers from Latvia.
Speaker 3: Nice moment. He scored like eleven straight there in the second half.
Speaker 4: I like to see that guy cooking wearing fifty five like white chocolate himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I can shoot the three, no doubt.
Speaker 1: All right, So let's get to those individual players who really impressed you. After one game so far for every team in euro Basket.
Speaker 3: Shout out Lowry Markinen.
Speaker 4: Awesome game from him, twenty eight points against Sweden. It feels like he's getting most of these on dunks, and every time he catches the ball he has ahead of steam. I know that's something Will Hardy ripped off for the jam, but it happens even more playing.
Speaker 3: For the finished team.
Speaker 4: That being said, the guy that I love on their team, Mika muran In. They call him Slim Jesus Task. This guy is born in two thousand and seven. I mean was that he was born in two thousand and seven. He's still in high school.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 4: This guy's a five star recruit, but he's playing in the fourth quarter of EuroBasket. I think he only had five points, but they were five important points. He's got his hair flopping all crazy. The finished Matus bozellis. If you're asking me, I don't know. I'm ready to buy into the hype in this guy when he finally comes to the NBA two years from now, I'll over hype him from now until then.
Speaker 3: Mika Muran in love this guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's my Jack Harlow. That hair is flowing, no doubt. Yeah, and yeah, Lowry was awesome. People were calling me out because I, you know, put a little video together of the guys I'm looking forward to in EuroBasket I didn't talk about. Uh listen, he's coming off a bad season and maybe NBA is he going to be himself again? Well, yeah, he looks like it coming into this tournament. He looked like it. Those curls that he runs, not on his hair, but that he runs the curl cuts like you mentioned that he does with Will Hardy in Utah. He's running them, whether it's from the corner into the lane or getting dribble handoffs up top and that huge jam that he had coming down, he looks.
Speaker 2: He looks awesome.
Speaker 1: He had a steal too, So yes, let's see what they can do. Obviously they're playing at home in this game against Sweden, which was which was fun. All those games going to be in Finland, so yeah, great start. Let's let's get to another guy, do you want to talk Luca here? Because he was good, but uh, you know, they.
Speaker 2: Didn't get the job done.
Speaker 4: He's got to carry that team pretty hard. It looks like thirty four points Luca ended up with. I think he had set in the first quarter, and he's the rare guy that actually gets an NBA whistle in FOBA games. I think he took seven free throws in the first quarter, maybe ended up with like fifteen or sixteen by the end of the game.
Speaker 3: Unreal to see that in a FOBA game.
Speaker 4: But they're all over him defensively, Poland they were completely locked in. They say, we take away Luca, We're going to win this game. They didn't even really take him away, but they held him under forty. You heard on the broadcast throughout the game, Luca's got to score forty or more for this team to win.
Speaker 3: They gave up close to one hundred points in the loss.
Speaker 2: So it just looks like sloping. In the end, there we go one oh five.
Speaker 4: Not great, but not surprising considering Slovenia does look like a Miami Dolphins team. The white and the turquoise an unusual look for some pretty sedate uniforms. Usually I would say at EuroBasket, but Luca I thought looked good. He was playing defense, he was hitting his step back threes, but just not enough with the some of the NBA talent around him missing.
Speaker 3: For the Slovenian team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's asked to do a lot.
Speaker 1: There's no doubt they were doubling him hard in Poland. Again, a home team, a home game for them. They were ready to play, they were ready to pounce defensively, while Slovenia just sort of wasn't. And the Polish team, it literally has zero NBA talent.
Speaker 3: They literally how dare you say that?
Speaker 4: When Toronto Raptors NBA champion Jordan Lloyd is carrying this team, he was on fire.
Speaker 1: He was rediculous. It's unbelievable that he had. Jordan Lloyd playing his first game ever for Poland. He's never played in Poland, he's never played for a Polish team. He's played abroad.
Speaker 2: For several years.
Speaker 1: But in February he got a Polish passport and he just got naturalized as a Polish citizen. Just now in August, and he's playing his first game and he comes out and he's rocking the show. In front of the home crowd. He got scorching hot, nineteen points in the first half for that guy talking trash to everybody, anybody that would listen, and then he had thirteen in the second half, thirty two points overall. This was just a special night shooting the ball for the entire Polish team. It felt like Ponitka. He was splashing threes. He hit a few threes, Pluta splashing threes. I mean they had fourteen threes. To have a hundred points. One hundred and five overall in a forty minute game doesn't happen a lot. We've wan now watched twelve games, only two teams have reached one hundred points, Poland and Germany. A lot of it was just them being super duper hot. There's no doubt about that. They're playing in front of a home crowd. They were scorching hot. But to see Jordan Lloyd do that, yeah, he's a Toronto legend. His only time in the NBA was literally that little run he got into the playoffs where he was that random guy in a suit beside Kawhi Leonard after the bounce bounce bounce shot, and then he pretended to be Steph Curry and all the practices in the NBA finals. That's what he did. And now he's got a broad abroad. He's a local Georgia boy. We got to get him on the show at some point when he comes back.
Speaker 2: But this is this is cool. Yeah, we're happy we're getting him on.
Speaker 1: This was It was just an odd situation because you've got Luke on one team. You don't have an NBA player on the other side. Jeremy Sohan hurt his I don't know. It was a calf I think recently, so he's not even playing there. So you know, Luca was good, but he wasn't He wasn't excellent. He shot a ton of free throws. As you said, they were doubling him getting the ball out of his hands. He shot eighteen free throws. He also banked home of three. I'm not sure if he did it on purpose. I still can't decide. I mean, he looked. It was a classic European look.
Speaker 2: He hit the three. I don't know what it means.
Speaker 1: It was a yeah, maybe I hit that on purpose, or maybe I did, or maybe that's my new shot, or maybe I'll never shoot it again. I still don't know if he banked that thing home or not, but yeah, he did not get enough help, There's no doubt about that. There's just a lot of clanking going on besides him.
Speaker 2: It was a one five.
Speaker 1: Ninety five games, so it went down to the wire, but he needed more help, both offensively and defensively.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fun to watch a few more guys to sprinkle some love to Dennis Shruder. Of course was awesome because this is a FEBA tournament. He had twenty one points as Germany beat Montenegro. Opes Andreas Ops. I hate this guy. He never misses a shot. He killed the US once upon a time, and it just feels like he's gonna catch fire at any time. I think he had four threes in the third quarter there win, which is really when they started blowing it out. Even though Vuch played a pretty decent game, they turned Vouch mode off and the other guy. To me, Kata, if you're a Celtics fan, you got to be thrilled. Twenty three points, eighteen boards, four blocks, that's your starting center Celtics fans. But look, he's dominating out there. I don't think Portugal was probably picked to win their first game. That was a minor upset over Chechia, I believe, but he looked awesome. He looked like the best athlete on the front court out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, respect for the pronunciations of Chechia and respect to numash Kita, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Twenty three points.
Speaker 1: Eighteen boards, four blocks, two steals. He was affecting a lot of shots in that game, even though they didn't go down as blocks.
Speaker 2: He was. He was bringing it. Yeah, I threw it out there.
Speaker 1: Maybe Boston let Porzingis go, let Horford go, because they want this guy to play. I mean, he's pretty good. It's Kya time, It's it's Kada time. Yeah, you're Amir Yager was there in Latvia supporting Chechia, but they couldn't get.
Speaker 3: To w.
Speaker 4: They were talking about Yarmir Yager on that broadcast. They were talking back and forth whoever the two the two guys were, and one.
Speaker 3: Of those like what number did Yarmir Yager wear? Sixty six? Nope, sixty eight. That was Mario Lemiu. But then they just chatted about the Penguins for a little bit. Yeah tough man.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I will say Schroeder as they pronounce it in these broadcasts. It's got to have a floater next year that the Kings Kings role with a Schroeder floater. I mean, the Kings aren't making the playoffs. They need other things to cheer about. The Schroeder floater's got to be a thing, That's all I gotta say.
Speaker 3: I don't mind it, but I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: I'm fighting for my life out there hearing these FOBA broadcasters. I feel like I've been saying every name wrong for the entirety of the show. Yeah we got Alfred Sengun. Now there's still Sengen Schroeder. I thought we were like doing our best, look at the pronunciation, guys, and only to get to the international competition.
Speaker 3: They're wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're wrong.
Speaker 3: They're wrong on the world stage. Yeah, you're right. We're right.
Speaker 1: It's a shrewder, There's no doubt about it. I will give some love to Danny Avdia because he was really, really solid.
Speaker 2: That dude.
Speaker 1: I think he's he's under rated as far as being a defender goes because he played in freaking Washington for four years and then he went to Portland where he was kind of under the radar.
Speaker 2: That guy is great on the ball.
Speaker 1: Off the ball, he's helping blocking, he's staying in front of guys on fast breaks and blocking shots. He does it all and he can score and put it on the floor and he set it up for a Sorkin alleyup. That guy is just extremely, extremely talented. So I've got to mention him as well any other guys you want to mention or should we get to.
Speaker 4: Only because I just heard his name, But Sorkin had an amazing game and it was weird to me because in the first half he hit a baseline jumper from fifteen feet, which is not a shot you say a big guy take very much anymore these days. He made it and celebrated like it was the first jump shot he's ever made in his career. Then in the second half he made like three or four three pointers like it was no problem. So was he just fooling on that baseline jumper? Do you think, like, hah, look at that weird shot I took.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the other team didn't scout for him.
Speaker 2: And then he's like, yeah.
Speaker 1: I can hit that shot, dude, I got it tonight.
Speaker 2: Fooled it?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, And shout out to Franz Wagner as well. Germany, that other team along with Serbia that should be in the finals. We'll definitely be around to talk about the quarterfinals and the semifinals later on, and whether it's Serbia and Germany or whoever, it feels like those two teams are destined for a medal. And Franz's footwork just looks spectacular out there. That guy's that guy is so solid when he puts the ball on the floor, So shout out to him.
Speaker 2: But that's all my individuals. I want to mention.
Speaker 1: Do you want to get to the biggest question you got after one game, Trey?
Speaker 2: What do you got?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you sort of touched on it, But is anybody gonna be able to beat Serbia or Germany besides each other? They seem to have reached the Spain in two thousand and eight, Argentina two thousand and four. Sort of we have the perfect amount of talent, plus our guys.
Speaker 3: Are in their prime.
Speaker 4: Plus we've actually been playing together in some major tournaments for a while, so they've got the continuity as well. Both of these teams just completely destroyed their opponents. Now, part of that is because of the seeding of things. They're playing the worst opponent right away. But I thought Serbia was completely rolling, like Jokic was messing around out there. That Polsi threw to the corner that everybody was sharing on the internet where he spins twice and just throws a no looker to the corner kind of just for fun. It was like, we're gonna win this game by thirty points, so let's get some highlights. Going to the point where another Nicola Yovich had the best game for Serbia. They looked like a well oiled machine. And then Germany always does. I think they always show up for their games. We talked about Shrewder and Oaps already, these two I know are the favorites, and they really look like it in their first.
Speaker 1: Game totally, and that leads to my question of who's gonna win the bronze. It feels like those two teams should be in the finals, but I think there's a few teams joining the bronze medal crew. We talked about Turkey and them beating Lafew. I think Turkey definitely should be the favorite I suppose for the bronze medal, but France is right there as well, and I'm not sure they have the top end talent that they need without Wemby in this tournament, without Gobert in this tournament, but they have just so many guys that they throw out there. You mentioned Gershan Yabusele, who I think is going to play a ton next year for Mike Brown with the Knicks, just because he shows up and he plays and he plays hard. And he was doing that for France today. Bilakoola Bali, I think he's growing. I mean he literally could be physically growing, but he's also growing as a player. He looks he looks slender, but you could see the athleticism on so many things he does because he plays properly in this French team because there's so many guys, so many moving parts, and so when the ball gets swunk to him, he's always moving. He's slashing, he drives, he hangs in the air, he's on a fast break, he takes bumps and can finish. He had two blocks in one possession, so that guy gets after it, and then Zachary Resache another guy coming off the bench, just doing his part. There's just so many guys on this team that play their role. And whether it's France or Turkey, I don't know. But the French team.
Speaker 2: Is so good.
Speaker 1: They're so deep, they're like ten deep Zacharisache. We mentioned the Turkish dunk resache Is wasn't his huge, but it was a bit of a poster dunk on Kevin Toomba. Recess A beat him like a tumba drum and we have a baseline cut. Dang, he's good. He's good on the baseline cuts when he played. I'm already looking forward to the NBA season.
Speaker 2: I can't help it.
Speaker 1: But when he's playing with Tree Young and Jalen Johnson and even a Chrisps, he's gonna make those baseline cuts, and he's good at getting out to the three point shot.
Speaker 2: So he's he's.
Speaker 1: He's running out there to the corner, throwing it up. It's quick release. He's he's got it man. So I believe in the growth of recession. Yeah, whether or not it's France or Turkey, it'll be fun as we get closer.
Speaker 2: But it is twenty four teams we're talking here.
Speaker 3: There's too many, lot of teams.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot of teams still going on right now. But if we're talking about big questions, I'm with Roberto Aguilar, who says, what is a tumba drum?
Speaker 2: It's an African drum? Okay, allwhere?
Speaker 4: But yeah, I thought France looked super athletic compared to Belgium. The question to me is are their guards going to be good enough? I think it's Francisco and Ellie Acobo. Elli Acobo had a coffee in the NBA, But Francisco, I don't think so. But they do have a lot of depth at the three four to five position, to the point where Resa che and Sar are coming off the bench, they actually looked have a little bit of a connection together, which I thought was pretty cool. Resa say, they said he grew and he looks a little bit taller and a little bit broader to me, I mean, he's young enough that he still has some growth left in his body.
Speaker 3: But I thought they were impressive.
Speaker 4: I would like to see them play against the real team because it looked like easy enough for the guard to beat whoever off the dribble from Belgium. Then they would pitch it out to Kola Bali and they were just trying to catch up to Coola Bali and guess what, he was already at the rim.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you being sold by the off season workouts of Zachary Resachet and close up close up of the bicep as he's curling.
Speaker 2: It looks good that By.
Speaker 3: Self was looking nice.
Speaker 4: Man, if we're going to give Luka Danci's credit for being on the cover of Men's Health magazine, we should give zach Resacha some credit for flexing and oiling up his guns.
Speaker 3: Down at the Hawk's training facility. I think he looked awesome.
Speaker 4: And if we're talking about another question, there was an incredible question asked by a broadcaster in this game who just asked the play by play announcer, do you ever wish you were seven feet tall like Alexander sar or no?
Speaker 1: Yeah I heard he was like, nah, no, I don't.
Speaker 4: I wish I was as tall as Francisco, who was the smallest.
Speaker 3: Guy on the cork.
Speaker 4: So I don't know how little this play by play guy is, but that was Habby rolling there for a second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was very, very quick.
Speaker 1: And shout out to this comment here from the No Dunks Chad here it's on a tomba.
Speaker 2: The Arnold Schwarzenegger quote.
Speaker 1: Because I literally I bring that up because not because I wanted to bring it up. But I was literally outside a restaurant called Altoona yesterday and I made that Arnold Schwarzenegger joke. I said, it's not all anyway. Cool story bro, Okay, yeah, let's move on to any other random notes and observations you've got through.
Speaker 2: Cool story bro.
Speaker 4: I forgot we had drops loaded here in the yard. Welcome back to the drops. You never know what's gonna happen during your own basket show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, random notes, I know you. We've had a bunch of random notes all.
Speaker 3: Oh, the boys have been noting with the boys.
Speaker 4: What do you think of the look just the general look of the EuroBasket Tournament. I like the look of the floor. It's got a whole bunch of dots inside the three point line. I think the center court logo is pretty good.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm with you. I feel right, I feel great. I'm the production is always so good as well.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I lump it all together. I'm just I'm watching for all these slow modes of fans reactions.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: There was a great T shirt from a fan. Literally it was a Dongic versus Jordan Lloyd. O.
Speaker 4: No, that's gotta be that's gotta be so hand, got to be so handed the you're right.
Speaker 3: Way.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, Breaking Tea gets our T shirts out fast. But if you were going to get a Jordan Lloyd Luca Donja shirt printed during the game, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I was sold on it because Jordan Lloyd was. They showed a package of Jordan Lloyd hitting a bunch of shots, and they showed a bunch of fans wearing T shirts. I thought it was I thought it was Luca Jordan Lloyd, So I'm buying one. I'm buying it Jordan Lloyd Luca's shirt.
Speaker 3: Game too, for sure. Where were you when they went head to head?
Speaker 1: Do you like the look of everything? Yeah, it's it's all solid, Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 4: It doesn't look like weird to me or boring in any way. It kind of looks fresh.
Speaker 3: I thought, Uh, the look of the dots on the inside of the arc actually pretty cool. I don't mind it at all.
Speaker 4: As for the mascot, its name is Marky Mark because the slogan for the whole tournament is like make your mark, So the mascot therefore is Marky Mark and I just got to know.
Speaker 1: It's asks.
Speaker 3: Are you picking up good vibrations? Can you feel it?
Speaker 2: Feel it? What is that thing?
Speaker 3: What is that thing? It's a bunny. I think it's a Pokemon style bunny. I guess. I don't know. He's got a molten ball. But Marky Mark? What a name?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sold. You know.
Speaker 1: I did see the hashtag make your mark, and I'm wondering are people using this hashtag or are people just going with the hashtag euro basket?
Speaker 2: I don't I put it out. I checked.
Speaker 1: I think there's two people that have made their mark with the hashtag maker Mark.
Speaker 2: That's about it.
Speaker 3: That's it, that's this mark.
Speaker 2: Yet I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe they got to maybe they have to pay x to get their tweets boosted, but.
Speaker 2: It ain't working so far.
Speaker 4: I mean a fair point by Casey Supersonic here in the stream team is the name Marky Mark not copyrighted? Did Wahlberg drop the ball on this one? I know he wouldn't make the same mistake with Wallberger's when it's like came.
Speaker 1: Around, well, you're the only one who said Marky Mark. I mean it's called make your mark.
Speaker 4: No, but the name of the mascot is Marky Mark. It's really that's really the name. I didn't give it. It does sound like what I would call it. That's really the name.
Speaker 1: FIBA shows it cool Marky Mark. Yeah, no, I don't think that one's sticking. I just I do want to share because I'm sure there's some NBA fans that are following along. I do want to share every coach or executive that I've seen at any of these twelve games. Doc Rivers is there watching Yannis, and the broadcasters said that Darvin Ham, the Bucks assistant coach, is also there. Didn't see him on camera, but apparently they're there. Rob Polenka, Jenny Buss, and Kurt Rambis are watching Luka. Doncic Chauncey Billups is in Poland watching Denny Avdia. They're all taking it in. And I mentioned Jeremy Jaeger. He has nothing to do with the NDA, but he's also there.
Speaker 2: Apparently.
Speaker 3: You know, I saw he It was Turkey.
Speaker 1: Turkey A yes, yep, turkey A check yah. That's all the pronunciations I got for we're learning.
Speaker 4: I also like, I mean, just seeing the advertisements is pretty funny.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: One of them, of course, is for Giannis the Greek the Freak seven from Nike Cool. But there was also one ad that just said yellow bananas. That's my favorite color of banana. They're saying, don't don't buy them before they're ripe or as they're ripening. Yes, right, yeah, one more, one more round of yellow bananas for me and the boys, please.
Speaker 1: Last couple of notes here. I do want to mention Bosnia took care of Cypress. This is Cyprus's first ever euro Basket. They're hosting a game. They kind of made it close, so respect to them. But Usuf Nurkic was the thing that I noticed the most. That guy sweats so much. Now we're showing it to you on YouTube, it looks fairly sweaty. I don't think my screen grab does it justice.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: The maybe I downgraded after I screen grabbed. I downgraded the photo pixelation because man, that guy sweats so much. And maybe it's because the Bosnian head coach two weeks ago said quote, he's out of shape and can barely run, And it looks like to me that he got in shape and ready to play and he's super sweaty because he kind of looks skinny, and maybe he'll play for the Utah Jazz this year or maybe not, who knows, but he is on their roster. I just want to say that that guy leads the EuroBasket in sweat drops per minute. I mean, he is sweating so much at any time.
Speaker 4: They're gonna have a sweaty front court because I feel like market and he gets pretty wet as well. So between the two of them, they've got their hair flopping all around. That's how you can tell when these guys are working really hard out there, because in that photo, Nurkic has Doncich bangs. Like when Lucas played two quarters of a game, his hair's flopping over into his face.
Speaker 3: It looks all wet. That's what Nurkic had going on too.
Speaker 4: And I think that's a common look in EuroBasket because it feels like there are three haircuts in EuroBasket ponytail, bald spot, or a whole bunch of bangs in the front of your head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: It's like it's like playing in a baseball hat facing forward. But if you're twenty three and under, that's what your hair is gonna look.
Speaker 3: Like right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean there's some tight haircuts going on so far in your basket. I mean tight on the sides and then just letting the top flow go go slim.
Speaker 2: Jesus, it's happening, Jesus.
Speaker 3: I love it. I love it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But you're never going to see more bald spots than in a euro Basket tournament because a lot of these guys, you know, hang around later into their careers and if they don't go skull a mode, which a few guys are, you know, handsomely gray.
Speaker 3: Uh, you got a spot back there, and it's shining.
Speaker 2: No doubt.
Speaker 1: I saw a bald guy dunk of basketball and I thought, whoa, you don't see that too often.
Speaker 2: In euro Basket. That happens, it's a lot, it does.
Speaker 1: I think that's it for our random notes. Touched on a ton, that's everything for our show today. Just a reminder everybody that we've got our Jurassic piles keeps on going, we keep pumping them out. Jurassic World, It's happening tomorrow on Friday, August twenty ninth. We're finally into the Drastic World. Chris Pratt in dah House.
Speaker 3: He rides a motorcycle.
Speaker 4: I mean, spoiler, Alard, he rides a motorcycle with the pack of raptors.
Speaker 3: What happens You're.
Speaker 4: Like, Yeah, finally he's riding the motorcycle with the raptors set.
Speaker 3: It up so perfectly.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're finally into the Jurastic World sequence of the of Jurassic Pals number four. As we pop one of these out per week. We'll be back here to talk about EuroBasket next Thursday, September fourth, after the round robin is complete and and the four divisions advance four teams per division, so we'll get into the round of sixteen that should be should be a competitive sixteen teams that are still alive after this twenty four team first round where everybody's getting a field, getting a feel and taking care of business. But that's it for us. We'll see you tomorrow. Jurassic World Clipper bros.
Speaker 3: You heard it here first. Have a great time, turn up, Love you guys, awesome, thanks for joining us. And I'm seeing here that Michael Parsons is going to the Green Bay Packers. That sucks, That really sucks.