Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: Yo. Make no mistake.
Speaker 3: I started out just like many of you are, none of five worker at your school right behind me. This is the where it all started for me. But I learned skills over the years, and I want you to learn some too.
Speaker 4: I want you to learn how to become financially free.
Speaker 3: I want you to set a legacy to your family. I want you to build a generational wealth.
Speaker 4: You can do all that and more.
Speaker 2: Cheut out invest best.
Speaker 4: This wife box.
Speaker 2: Earns what's going on.
Speaker 3: Traditional universities are outdated and don't teach you how to become an entrepreneur. They just teach you how to become an employee.
Speaker 5: You go to school for four years and you leave with nothing but debt. But here why eyl University. Our curriculum is much different.
Speaker 3: Our university teaches you real world skills that you can use to gain financial freedom right away. In traditional universities, you learn from professors that have never did what they teach, and they teach you how to become an employee. At our university, we use instructors that are currently successful in specific field that they teach, and they teach you how to become an entrepreneur.
Speaker 5: Limited time only, you can join e y L University for twenty five percent off of the annual membership. Learn about stocks, credit, real estate, crypto and more. Go to e y L university dot com right now and sign up to become an earner.
Speaker 3: Don't wait, don't hesitate it over there.
Speaker 6: Now my graduates from my school being forced back drop drop, Mike, drop, back drop drop.
Speaker 7: All right, guys, welcome back to E y L. This is a legendary episode. We only deliver legendary episodes with legends.
Speaker 2: Stress the word only legends only.
Speaker 7: That's a fact.
Speaker 5: Man Kingston, Jamaican shout boys. Man, take us to the neighborhood today we have an a legendary day and.
Speaker 4: First international episode. Yes, that's the international field.
Speaker 5: This is in person, in person, so obviously you know that we big culture fans, were big sports fans. Choice you're making my way of New York. You've seen both needs no introduction. One of the greatest athletes of all time.
Speaker 7: Uh, the greatest olympician of all time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nine time medalists, triple the fastest person in the history of the world. Absolutely, very rare, very fastest person. I told my son I was coming here. I said, he's the fast man in the world. He's like, could I raise him?
Speaker 5: I'm like, you know, so, I mean, obviously you know what the athletic side, but this is a business show and what he's been able to accomplish in the business world is just as impressive and orshment.
Speaker 7: Deal is crazy. We're at his restaurant right.
Speaker 4: Now, yep, in the music business, looking at the DJ callat of.
Speaker 7: I've read about some real estate.
Speaker 5: So we're gonna have a really dope conversation about the stuff that he is doing and has done post his illustrious historic career and first and formal thank you for joining.
Speaker 7: To appreciate it.
Speaker 2: This is going to be a insane lea.
Speaker 7: So let's get into this.
Speaker 5: So you really transcended the game of track and field, because track and field is not one of these sports where it's like basketball or football soccer where normally athletes aren't that big, like you know what I mean, Like it's a very niche sport. When you were able to transcend that and become a global superstar and make a lot of money, that's another thing.
Speaker 7: A lot of track.
Speaker 5: Stars don't really make that much money just from running track, but your endorsement deals anything else. So when did you see yourself as somebody that can transcend the sport and had it that? Obviously you know you're being a superstar and breaking records, but what did you think propelled that?
Speaker 2: Yo?
Speaker 4: For me, it was it was It wasn't actually at the first Olympics. It was when I was getting to my second Olympics, I'm twenty twelve, where my agent really sat me down and said, listen, if we win this next Olympics this week, could things could take off, you know what I mean. We could start changing the game and doing hell of the different things. And I was like, all right, let's do it, you know what I mean. That's when I really started seeing the money and a lot of the sponsorships started, more sponsorship started coming in. So for me, that's when I was like, yo, yeah, let's do this, and I meant's change the game. That's why he continued us aiming I and trying to do bigger things. So twenty twelve is the London Games. Yeah, two thousand a's when you first on the scene exactly. Well, I won't go back to two thousand and four athletes because that was your first one.
Speaker 2: Ever, then you realize that this is no joke. This is no joke.
Speaker 4: So I want to talk about a little bit about what Clinton Mills went to your career, into your development into being a superstar coach.
Speaker 2: Mills, well, he changed it changed my life, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: He knew he had a plan when we when we started working oh five, he sat me down was like, listen, we have a three year plan. We're working towards the Olympics, so we need to figure out what the problem is, what he needs to do to get better. And so we had an old plan in place when we just started, you know what I mean. And for me, that's what made it work because I knew exactly what I was supposed.
Speaker 2: To do or how long it would take you I mean.
Speaker 4: And it took me time to really understand that if I want to be great, I had to work hard, you know what I mean. So I learned that along the way because I was very talented at a young age. So I was like, my talent could take me whatever, you know what I mean. So after that I figured I was like, shit, my talent's not going to take me.
Speaker 2: It's not going to take me this far. So I have to put this work and if I want to get to the talking.
Speaker 5: I feel like it's very ready to have an opportunity to speak to somebody that's reached the level of success that you've had, Like I look at you look at like Michael Jordan or Floyd Mayweather or Muhammad Ali's people like that, and the average person doesn't really understand, Like they look at it and they say, okay, he's running a race. And I read somewhere it was like you make more money than Jeff Bezos per second.
Speaker 7: I'm like, that's not really fair because the race is only ten seconds. But it took him twenty years time.
Speaker 2: The races.
Speaker 7: Never so talk.
Speaker 5: About like the daily grind and like when you really start to take serious and like how many hours a day for years that it took you, Like the diligent work. I think that you had to have.
Speaker 2: Jeez.
Speaker 4: For me, I really was old oh seven winning I was like, no, if I want to really win this. I remember at the World Championships, I came second to Tyson Gay and in my mind I was ready, you know what I mean. I was like, yo, I trained hard, I'm ready to go, and I came second. I went back to my coach. I was like, coach, I was really trying, and he goes, yo, you're weak. You're not going to the gym, you don't come to chain all the time, you don't sleep, and he started naming.
Speaker 2: This the stuff, and I was like shit.
Speaker 7: I was like all right.
Speaker 4: I was like next year, I'm gonna do all this and that was eight, you know what I mean, And you're seeing the.
Speaker 2: Product of eight. But it's just I train like depends.
Speaker 4: I trained there on the track and like I'll do two hours in the gym, you know what I mean. And then I have to do like extra stuff because I have so I have to do back workouts and and o workouts just to keep my core.
Speaker 2: My core is weak. I started getting injured, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So sh all I was like probably six hours a day, I mean, but it's spaced out short to them, but it's always intense, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's never just like go for a job. It's like you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So you said, Dan, as you're training in the early series, right because after you take over, there's no catching. But these the guys that you're looking at like I'm gonna pass him, Michael Johnson, I need that record?
Speaker 2: Is that is that on your wall as you as you as your building up. No, for me, I live a couple of shot. I enjoyed that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So for me, I was like, you know, I want to compete a enticeon So for me, that was it. I was like, you know, I was never thinking about records or anything. I was like, yo, I just want to beat you. That's how I am. You know, you're fascinate than me. I want to be here. So for me, when I'm training, I'm working out to be this guy or that guy or anybody. As long as he in lining up with me, I want to beat you. That's all My mentality is. I'm very confective in anything I do.
Speaker 5: So for your endorsements, because I know I made a lot of your income Puma. It's interesting because it's not Nike, it's not Adidas.
Speaker 7: What made you? Obviously when you were coming up, that might.
Speaker 5: Have been the only company I din' But once you I'm assuming you had offered from every company and might have even been offered more money. What made you want to really hold a flag for the Puma brand?
Speaker 4: To me, because that's where I start, and I mean that's where it started when I was I just got out of high school. That was the first contract I got, you know what I mean, And that was the person I worked with, and we kind of just formed the relationship. Everybody in the company, you know, I mean, from the top boss down to the little guy who brings me my stuff. I knew everybody. So after a while, when Nike Adidas came, I was like, Yo, all right, nah bro, I'd rather stick with somebody I know, because if anything goes wrong, I'm sure these people are going to stand by me, you know what I mean, because we're like family now, you know what I mean. So with with Nanke, you have seen as soon as you mess up there and I've and I've really worked to put all my life. So I was like, you know what, this is the company I want to stay until I retire. And even now that I've retired, that still work with them, you know what I mean. So's just a long life partnership. I can imagine the type of bags that Nike and so to that shows that how loyal are to a company. But you said early on you said put them with your first deal. But you weren't great with money, right because coming from now I have a sponsorship major one international company. You said your teammates helps you understand money, So like, who are these teammates and my team? And now my team my team for me? When I started, all I always wanted cars and just to guard and somebody closing that front, you know what I mean. As you said, when you grew up, he didn't I didn't have it, you know what I mean. So now have all his money, you just want to spend and live and get all the way you couldn't get back in the days, you know what I mean. But then they sat me down. Listen, you need to look at all these athletes showed your life, and they started naming a few athletes like yo.
Speaker 2: This guy's bro, this guy's bro, this guy's bro.
Speaker 4: Because all they do they don't think about at some point you have to retire, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: They don't think about the end product. I mean.
Speaker 4: And they kind of just educated me on what's going on. And that's all I really got smart, you know what I mean. And as soon as I decided, I was like, Yo, I'm gonna retire to stay Like Yo, we need to start puttings in place. Make sure you retired, you have no problem, you know what I mean. So my team really opened my eyes to a lot of things. Surprising to see how much a lot of athletes go broy, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: From here today, in no time, I.
Speaker 4: Think you kind of set the bother and trying to feel world because it was like, yeah, we had Carl Lewis, and we.
Speaker 2: Had some prominent athletes, but nobody had done it like you.
Speaker 4: And and so my question is now, is like, when you're looking at the landscape of it and you look at the impact, do you see stars coming up like you and and having that type of confidence and that level of business added from Jamaica.
Speaker 2: Well for many well Jamaica for sure.
Speaker 4: In Jamaica, I think right now, the cop guys we have, we have a lot of time, but a lot of these guys don't the determination and the work drive they don't have, you know what I mean. Everybody wants to be great, but they don't know what it takes, you know what I mean. I've seen I've seen in my own two eyes, bro like athletes that are so talented and I go, yeah, this guy's gonna be great, you know what I mean, But the work ethic when they come to the track that I'm tired today.
Speaker 2: My answerings hurting. It's always excuses, excuses.
Speaker 4: I'm like, bro, you can't make you can't make it if you're going to find excuse every day, you know what I mean? And I always said to them, listen, I come on every day. I think I'm tired, but I know what it takes. So I come here and I work hard every day and no mind not push myself. I mean, so right now there's this at least, But who wants it? That's a question, you know, when you guys race this is I always change my mind. The race is are sponsored by companies, But is there a prize money when you win the race too, because I know a lot of people make their money sponsorships. But like when you win an Olympic gold, is it the look and the doorsems come from winning the goal or is there an actually cash prize for doing nothing?
Speaker 2: So the World Championship comes to the cash prize.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, so you if you win or you break the world record, you get a cash prize, you.
Speaker 2: Get paid.
Speaker 4: But at the Olympics it's just it's just a glory, you know what I mean. And I think it comes because if you're in the Olympics, then sponsorship, so you still get paid, but not like the World Championships.
Speaker 7: And that was the big thing. It was supposed to be amateur.
Speaker 5: And that's why for a long time NBA players or professional athletes, because it's supposed to be all for amateurs.
Speaker 7: But it's like that was so stupid, Like obviously it's not amateurs. You got the best athletes world.
Speaker 4: It's like it's still stupid though it's still really simple to know that you don't get paid for the Olympics. We talked about a few athletes are like yo, this boy. I was like, you know what I mean, in my time at least we were talking about.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 5: That's crazy, like you said, I mean, it's coverage all over the.
Speaker 2: World, exactly, sponsorship and they get paid.
Speaker 5: And so there's money that's coming into the Olympics, a lot of money with Olympics without athletes.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of money coming in to I'm the Olympics because they're sponsors and the figures that they around sponsored Olympics because it goes worldwide, I mean, and there's so much events and exactly, so they get paid.
Speaker 2: We don't get paid, but they get paid, like the bow and the college.
Speaker 4: What I'm just saying, right right right, there's a lot of money that used to come in.
Speaker 2: No one to get paid.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's what I'm saying like the Super Bowl, like we talked about the second episode, it was like people pay for their halftime performance and you don't get paid for doing it.
Speaker 2: But the look at one point one hundred million people watching, you will come for that.
Speaker 5: But let's talk about this because if you're not like a track and field you might not understand the dynamics about work. So the Diamond League first, the World Championships, So can you tell you the Diamond gets people that.
Speaker 4: So dominantly is just like football, like a random football game, you know what I mean, like the NFL game, So every Sunday have a normal football game.
Speaker 2: So Dominantly is like that. As you go, yeah, that's in Europe.
Speaker 4: It's a different places they have, like say fourteen and it's in different places of the work, so different time of the year and stuff like So you just go, you compete and you get prize money and stuff like that. And then the World Championship is like when you compete with your country, you know what I mean, It's similar to the but but it's just for track and field.
Speaker 5: So but the Diamondleague you make way more money if you win.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, No, the World Chap if you are right, So you get prize money, which is standard, you know what I mean, But it depends on who you are.
Speaker 2: You get appearance feed.
Speaker 4: I mean, so if you're a Me or Shelley and Fraserer, Tyson Gear or whatever, they pay you a certain money. Everybody price is different, you know what I mean, because who's drawing the crowd, that's what they pay you for. So I'm showing them the cool saying it's coming, it's spread out, it's going to be full, you know what I mean. But the regular guys come in, they give you less money. So it's like, exactly.
Speaker 7: You might be worth a million dollars, somebody else might be worth.
Speaker 2: One hundred thousands the entirety exactly. That doesn't go by race.
Speaker 4: So like when you do the one hundred to surprised two hundred four by one and they are splitting that four ways out of that work, yeah, four by ones. You don't need have four by ones. In the domin league, it's always individual races like one hundred meters two hundred might be fifteen undred, but every dominant legue to trying to mix it up and do different races and different dominague.
Speaker 5: So it's not the same thing. So like you are, you know, at anomaly because you're so successful. But I assuming most track athletes aren't really making that much money. So how do you what do you think a solution to that can be to make more profitable.
Speaker 2: We have talked about this a lot.
Speaker 4: It needs to change the format of track and field, you know what I mean, because it's not excited. If you could get it like soccer, or you guys call it like soccer, you know what I mean. Where is a team where you own a team and then you transfer, then it's to be exciting because then you run heavery other week and it's like a team like Jamaican team is gonna win. So people look forward to seeing and support the team. But it's just individuals, you know what I mean. And I love these guys. They don't have the energy and the flair and fun, so it's kind of boring.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: But you need to build the sports to the point where people want to watch it, you know what I mean. And I feel like if they really do it like of soccer team type of shit, it'd be good. Did you go in because when you're talking about making it fun and having flair, you went into it doing that, having the lighting bold and doing the eyebrow raise and dancing and yeah, I was always something I've always done, you know what I mean. If you watch me back in the days when I want were Juna's here, a salute to the crowd and everything, it's just a vibe just what you know, I mean, just why I'm as a person that I just keep doing that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: But I just love it.
Speaker 4: And after a while I saw people like they really enjoyed me performance.
Speaker 2: Let's do this and.
Speaker 4: It's the proudest thing because like when you see you doing this and like being in America but knowing like the heritage is making.
Speaker 2: I was about to smoke them. They'd be like, what do you mean now?
Speaker 5: Like that out well, but that's part of branding too though, It's like it made you bigger. Like we interviewed Shack, he was like he understood that he had to be bigger than just a basketball player.
Speaker 7: That's why a lot of the commercial and now he became Shack.
Speaker 5: So I was like, when I see you're doing like you know what I'm saying this morning, just running a race, like now you're you're a superstar from all the other stuff that you do.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to explain to a lot of people that's the same to it, Like, bro, yeah I run fast, but people love my personality of who I am. This is why I make the money, you know what I mean, because a lot of people running fast before me, but I brought my personality with me. That that's how people are like, oh my god, it's pretty cool. I like you, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: They want to get to know you and talk to you and and vibe you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And I've explained to a lot of these athletes, but a lot they don't get it, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah sometimes.
Speaker 5: So let's talk about this restaurant business. So you're a restaurant to a were in your restaurant right now, tracks and records. So I was reading you actually telling us that the goal is to actually expand this. So how did you get started in the restaurant business and how has it been going since?
Speaker 7: You know obviously Corona.
Speaker 4: Most of my my things is like the person's approach me there, the k approach man. They're like, yo, would you be cool to be in the restaurant? I was like, yeah, you know what I mean, that's something good to happen, you know. I mean that's how it really got started. And then when we got this one, people was coming there like yo, I love this. You should should do more and do it to around the island. So we got one the old and then we have wanted Montego and then people are like, yo, you should take it overseas, and then we started franchising, so we didn't want to Dondon. But then after that we started talking to other people. Then Corona started and then he kind of just still ship down. But it's going.
Speaker 8: Good because what came about here. Listen to New York Brooklyn specific bros. I've talked to the one about coming to America. So if you're asking, yes, we did spoke.
Speaker 5: To That's interesting because it's like I feel like Jamaican people live in Jamaica. Obviously they live in Brooklyn, they live in Toronto, Canada, and they live in London. Yea, that's like four places ready in Florida. Oh, so it is the plan to like really take over those different Toronto.
Speaker 4: Over because we were supposed to get one time. That's the other person that we were talking to. But as I said, as soon as Corona, everything got shut down, you know what I mean. But it's all about who because it's franchise. Anybody wants, they can hit us up and we figure it out, you know what I mean. So I'm just trying to put it out there just to be great, and I mean they're trying to leave a legacy.
Speaker 5: Both the idea behind having a franchise and not just doing it yourself in different locations, less work for you and just kind.
Speaker 4: Of yeas work, you know, to make the money with less work, it's always better, you know what I mean. So, but it's something that we know that people love, you know what I mean. And everywhere you go, first thing, a lot of people you always there any Jamaican restaurant around, you know what I mean. So for me, if I could get trucks and records out there.
Speaker 2: That was my dream.
Speaker 4: You know, That's something that I was like, you know, this could be big because as you said, the franchise and McDonald's, KFC, all these different people, you see it, if I could get to that level retired the restaurant game down, but it is getting Dorset. So one of the most interesting ones I saw was Peloton. So it's kind of a double sword because obviously when you wake up, you work out, but now they've created like a workout for you. But I know music is something, so I'm thinking like, hey, maybe the music would be there. You talk about how Peloton came about, how they did they approach you? Yeah, they approached me. For me, I actually got my Peloton before. Peloton's wrong because when I retired, I was like, yo, I can't be bothered to go to the gym every day to go to the track again, because I've been doing that all my life, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So I was actually watching just watching TV on them and popped up. I was like, what is this on.
Speaker 4: That research that I was like, you know what, I'm gonna get one. That's how I got a peloton. So I just put it right in my room and that was good on that thirty minutes today and you're good, you know what I mean. So that's how I started. But then the approach me, They're like, yo, we'd like to sponsor you. I was like, yoh cool, Yeah for sure, I actually use it. I'm good at it, you know what I mean. So that's how anything I started.
Speaker 5: It's one thing to be a superstar athlete. There's another thing to be the face of a country like Drake is Ca.
Speaker 7: Yeah, You're in the face of Jamaica. Like, how has that been?
Speaker 5: Like I feel like the biggest person in Jamaica since Bob Marley And obviously it's a lot of responsibility, I'm assuming, But how is that and.
Speaker 7: How has your role in the country grown as an ambassador for me?
Speaker 4: For me, I just try to represent my country the best I can anywhere I go into I do, you know what I mean. We always think about making sure that Yo, we think about the country anything given way we're doing our shoots and whatever we say, Yo, we don't like this, it's not going to show good on Jamaica. And know I mean, so for me, I've always had that to the back of my mind because I've been representing Jamaica since I was like fourteen, you know what I mean, and it has all gotten bigger and for me, I enjoy being an ambassador for the country.
Speaker 2: I mean, everywhere I go, people show.
Speaker 4: Me hell love, you know what I mean, even people from overseas like, yo, oh well thanks for doing this.
Speaker 2: Anywhere I go where I now, I'm from Jamaica, hell of love, you know. For me. I appreciate I love it.
Speaker 7: I love it and talking about that because it's like just Jamaicans all over the world and it's one.
Speaker 5: Of these things no matter where you go is Jamaicans beer and they're very supportive. So how has that been traveling around the world and having people with the Jamaican flag and all over Europe and America and everywhere.
Speaker 4: It's the best thing anywhere you go. You're always fun to Jamaica anywhere in the world, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You're surprised.
Speaker 4: I go to I went to Mexico for the Vision and Cabo, and it was that guys like yo, I'm from Jamaica. And then he started talking podcasts like cool, but they're over here. But they always show me love and they always tell me times. So it feels good, you know, times to doing so good. You really put us on in my pinion, make us feel so proud and good. So something that I really appreciate that love, you know, And you said that you've never because I was surprised myself. I'm like, oh, so you get to Miami. Do you have a place in Miami? He said, no, Jamaica's love. I don't have any ambition to go anywhere else. It's it's just it's just I just love Jamaica. And I mean when I started out, I hate the That's the first thing. Okay, I hate it. Where that's cool with it, I hate it, you know what I mean. So because I got offers to go to college like every other Jamaican, yeah, I was like, no, Texas, I want to stay. I want to stay in Jamaica. So that's something that that's when it started. And from then I've never really said, yo, you know what, I want to place anywhere else.
Speaker 2: It's just I just always want to come back home.
Speaker 5: So coming up and being a track superstar, what's the process as far as like getting an agent and manager? Because I'm assuming, like you know, you just had to learn a lot of stuff on your own, right, did your coaches, like in primary training you with that.
Speaker 7: Or did you just kind of like figure that out?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: So as soon as you get the professional But that's the first thing, you have to get an agent, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So in Jamaica, there was a few people that everybody knows, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So you kind of ask and say, yo, who's the good aj who works with who you know what I mean. And that's how I got my agent, Rickie Simps. He's paid sports management and from then on we just work good together. And one of the reasons I stay with him even when I started out, he always.
Speaker 2: Treat me the same way like everybody else.
Speaker 4: He gives everybody respects to make sure you get pickups and you always get the information, so you know who's going to pick you up, what time is your flight, how much money you're gonna make, everything, you get all the information. I like how professionally was when I worked with him and with my manager. I had a manager that my parents actually found that I used to work with. And after a while, I'm best friend MJ that sings the music. He he he finished college because he's a trained teacher. When he finished college, I was like, yo, bro, what do you do? He's like, I got to find a work and teacher. I was like, you know what, come work for me, you know what I mean, because I trust you and I know you're going to have my back one hundred percent, you know what I mean. And he was like, Yo, but I don't know anything, you know. I was like, just just learn, bro, But He's like, all right, cool, and he started and he worked in my out of manager for like two years, and after that he just took over.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I feel like that's Lebron you didn't know, come with me agent, and eventually you become the exactly that's dope. So when when somebody wants to approach agent or NJ about my sponsorship or partnership, what is it like? Does it have to be aligned with something that you're doing already? It was like, oh, that's a great creative I did. But I mean, I feel like you were born to be there, Like the last thing. Both tracks get rate. Now we got the boat scooters perfect.
Speaker 2: Don't think the race for me.
Speaker 4: So for me, it's it's it's we We do try to pick proper brands, you know what I mean, because you know, you try to align yourself because you're trying to put yourself out there because the more sponsor, the more the more sponsor's.
Speaker 2: Going to see it, you know what I mean. So we do try to align ourselves with like proper brands.
Speaker 4: We don't just grab every cash that comes along, you know what I mean, Because the better brands that you're with the more people want to work with you, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: That's what we have learned over the years, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So we just keep on rolling, keep on putting our commercials, keep on keep going up, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Yourself talk about the motibility of the electric scooter.
Speaker 7: That's interesting. I had that come about.
Speaker 4: It's actually my my, my, my agent, Gina Ford from the US, because I have a US agent and Europe like NJ runs off Jamaica, but I have somebody in the US and then Europe Brooky, my agent, Key actually takes care of There is no because everybody information is on my website.
Speaker 2: So do you want to contact somebody, you contacted, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And if somebody from the States hit talk to Gina, she does the States stuff, you know what I mean. So everybody's on the same page. But so when Gina hit me up and he goes, Yo, these guys want to start voting, schooling, but they want to gain it, but school, So what do you want to do outside?
Speaker 2: That's easy. Yeah, that's how they information. That's how it really got started.
Speaker 4: And then we sat down with them and we talked and they shared the ideas and we're like, yo, let's do it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And that's how we got it done.
Speaker 5: Deals come like people might have already something and they want you to kind of be a part of it.
Speaker 7: They bring it to you.
Speaker 2: And go, yeah sure, Now I'm not with that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So it's all about different different branding and how we see our and the brands working together.
Speaker 5: You know, at what point did you so I'm assuming the companies you have equity in these companies, when did you start moving over like, you know what, I'll rock with this out, I'll endorse it, but I need to be an owner and I just don't just pay me anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: I think it was later on in our career we're like, you know what, we need to start taking like cash, you know what I mean, and get some equity because a lot of these companies are getting bigger and bigger and bigger, you know I mean, and your your level is going to only go up. So we decided that end that, you know what, and when the right companies come comes along and offer you like to pay that. Now, give me some equity in this and are we good? I'll run all the commercials you want paid.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. So it's we just learned, you know what I mean. And just like the music, now we just take our time and figure it out.
Speaker 4: So is that the play now not even to play, but that is that strategy. Now we're going to take less cash up on more athletes. Right companies, the right companies, right.
Speaker 3: Ernest, what's up? You were walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts or digital tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready to see how Square can transform your business. Visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live a more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 9: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from l Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man. Is z Whalen, charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security. You gotta do your research. You do your research, any doctor, you.
Speaker 4: Know what thinking not like we need to leave the cash, but at the end of the day, we can tadi equity in the long runs, bigger, I got your kids, No, bro, I gotta think about future.
Speaker 2: That's what great strategy. Yeah, just.
Speaker 5: I saw you getting into real estate also a building in Kingston. Yeah, what what's the deal with that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: For me as you said, we're just trying to find just the person. The portfolio. It can be as big as it possibly can be, you know what I mean. And when we started to have two buildings and I'm working on trying to get another one, you know what I mean. But again, Corona, Bro, Yeah, it was everything now so is everything now. But for me, growing up and learning about real estate was the biggest thing in people that getting houses and stuffy assets. So that's the way to go, you know what I mean. So you've got the chance to purchase my first building. I was kind of nervous. I was like, bro, that's a lot of money, you know what I mean. And I was like yeah, But at the end of the days, I said, they will stay with you forever and it only.
Speaker 2: Grows, you know what I mean. So I was like, you know, all right, do it.
Speaker 4: And after I saw the way it was turning the money off us, I you know, it just continuing, continue working. I feel like real estate is interesting and Mats Maxwell said the suits He's from Jamaica and wants to come back and through real estate here. But a lot of times if you drive around and see these houses that are baking, they started and they never finished.
Speaker 2: And it goes a lot to having the team and having the right people around.
Speaker 4: So if somebody organizing the team for you, or is it everything set you saying do you want to be involved?
Speaker 2: How's that going?
Speaker 4: And everything goes through an engine you know? For me is he has made my life My best friend has made my life ways or you know what I mean? Because with him, he feel it tells us out all the span before he gets to me.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: He knows any time he sits me now and say, yo, this is what we're doing. I know from the start that yo, we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: This is what we're doing. You know what I mean? Because he doesn't bring nothing.
Speaker 4: Stupid as soon as he puts it on, all right, what we're doing, you know what I mean, let me clap it up, you know, yeah, yeah seriously because they've been friends like I was treated the result, So he's always been a part of my life and you're cool that trust one hundred percent. So so you make sure everything is good, everything goes through it no matter what I'm doing. I'm like, yeah, cool, cool talk to Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's important to have that system in place, so you don't have to do everything yourself exactly. Even Rickross talking about it, but his mother and his sister. So you're do empowered to people around you. That's a common thing. Empowered people around you. And now it's not like somebody is looking for you to give them money. They actually earning money because they performing the service. They're helping your economy. You're helping the economy, and that's really high. Sure, let me ask you this about the music.
Speaker 2: So the next So you're an artist, a producer.
Speaker 7: Executive.
Speaker 2: Putting it out, put it out?
Speaker 7: Yes, so yeah, so let's talk about that. What inspired that? Because from what I'm hearing, that's kind of like the vision to kind.
Speaker 5: Of be like what the calid is right where it's like you bring artists together as your favor so on.
Speaker 7: So what inspired that? We are with the music right now.
Speaker 2: So if you if you follow my career, you know the music and dancing is my thing. I love that. I'm always dancing. I'm always playing music.
Speaker 4: I usually DJ once like after every party, after every like meat that diamond meat, I would they whatever, like after party, I would bring my laptop and DJ for everybody, you know what I mean. And it's something that I've loved as I always think the n J yo, we should really drop the track, you know what I mean and do something, and it's like we always laugh about it, so I don't. I worked with Mum Champagne and they did a Champagne for me, you know what I mean. And that's what we really got to. He's like, yo, you know, we should do drop a riding with the champagne when we launch it. And that's exactly what we did. It's called Olympiros Olympiros and that's how we got refreshting and the.
Speaker 2: Vibe that we thought was like he was a vibe.
Speaker 4: And then like now in the Corona time, we weren't doing much. We're always here like you know what, let's just do it. And that's how we really got into music.
Speaker 2: For you. We just start making started doing different things and he was like sing.
Speaker 4: Was like, bro, I'm not a singer, so you want to you can sing, you know what I mean. I want to be like a DJ categy you know what I mean, just a vibe guy, that energy guy that gets.
Speaker 2: It pump, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so it's a goal to have a record label.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we do have record now we haven't signed in by for me what I'm working on. We talked about we're just trying to get inside the door, you know what. I'm because people now that outside people don't really take me seriously. I want to talk about that because I'm thinking, like, you're the face of a country, right, You're the face of the country. We dance a Reggae is the music of the country. But when you try to reach out to artists, it was like, listen, I got to do it at this and I'm thinking to myself, you know what.
Speaker 5: That's not really surprising if you look at in America when Shaq was rapping Kobe, Nobody to Kobe series.
Speaker 4: Because they're not the face of the country, you know what I mean. These guys are superstars. I'm just saying, but there's nobody figure than this guy. I think you have to prove yourself and that music out. Yeah, they probably look at it like they dedicate their whole life to music. Yeah, but they just want to see that.
Speaker 2: But I'm not. I'm not singing them.
Speaker 4: It's like the guy, Yeah, I mean, you know what I mean, I'm making I'm just getting the beats and I'm trying to produce you because I love music, you know what I mean, and I don't want to do it. So at the start, I called people like, yeah, they sent me to them, We get it done, and then you call them back. Hey, yeah, next to me, you call them back. I was like, I'm not doing this, you know what I mean. People want no, like really know. I was like, yo, all right, we'll do it, you know what I mean. But I have to prove myself and I'm not cool if I need to continue making music, but I want to get my foot in the door. And then I started signing people, you know what I mean, because it makes no sense. I signed somebody now and no matter how much music I put up, he ain't going nowhere. So we made I do music with my friends and my close people and Jason's and stuff that. So I make my core people I work with and just continue producing songs, making videos. But now even now a few of them because they see what we're doing, you know what I mean. So now people will.
Speaker 2: Call when you're doing that. When you do that next really hit me up, you know what I mean. I'm like, all right, cool, And that's a good part because.
Speaker 4: Now people are really all right, cool, he's really seriou somebody to listen and watch what he's doing. You said that, TJ, TJ. Why so is the vibs producer?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Did he give you advice and to get into this game and like, look, don't take a person get worse? Like what was his goal in your well me? Well, yeah, but DJ is been somebody that we know for a minute, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And he's always gonna anything you want to know, you can call and say, yo, listen, this is what we're going to do.
Speaker 2: What you think you know what I mean, because he's been doing this for a minute, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So he's the one that guides usn't help us along the way, you know what I mean, and say, Yo, don't do this, don't do that, you know what I mean, try to sinstead, you know.
Speaker 2: And so it's really helped us just to grow.
Speaker 4: And that's what we need, you know what I mean, somebody to guide that's to make sure you don't make saying mistake they made back in the days. And that's what It's always the key that you listen because somebody's in the business for a while and doing great. There's a reason why he's there, you know what I mean. Let me ask you this, Let's have this music conversation. Dancehall and reggae. A lot of people outside of the coach you don't fully understand. They think everything is reggae. What there's a difference?
Speaker 5: Can you can you kind of talk about the difference and which which one of you leaning towards with with your musical preference.
Speaker 2: For me, a so, danceall is at the hardcore like are going in Yeah, like party you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, reggae is like more like Bars Hammond and that's you know, I mean the nice smooth song culture culture music.
Speaker 2: That's reggae, you know what I mean. So's it's two separate things.
Speaker 4: But right now it's dance all because reggae people in Jamaica now you have a few hours, like you have coffee, is doing like regger music, you know what I mean, and a few other guys, I mean what they do. But it's really hardcore dance that people listening to, you know what I mean, that's what they want to hear. So you just got to get the people what they want to hear, you know what I mean. But for sure in the future, will definitely do some more songs. I mean with chronics and all these guys, you know what I mean, we do reggae. But right now it's just mainly like dance.
Speaker 2: So how this is important too? Right?
Speaker 4: You got non gold medals, the music pops off, you want to grin which one of you, which one is going above? Then it's always going to be my gold medals. Metals, Yeah, I think, yeah, it's good, but my gold medals there's a hard work and tears, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Tears. I always tell people I have a documentary. I am bold.
Speaker 4: Go check that out because a lot of people see me there. But all you know, you it looks so easy. Yeah, it looks easy, but it's not the work that goes on behind the scenes is what. Go check it out, seriously, iron Bolt documentary.
Speaker 7: Let me ask you this as far as the music, because I know you're big in the music. This is brought to my attention today afro beats. It is really on it. Dwarfed dance ball man like they said, like as like dance folds.
Speaker 5: Kind of getting sucked into afrobeats and it's all kind of merged together.
Speaker 4: How do you feel about that think. So dancehall is so different from afrobeats, you know what I mean. But I think afrobeats has grown like massively, you know what I mean, over the few years, you know what I mean. And the way Danceall was is not the same thing, you know what I mean. It's more streamline called back in the days.
Speaker 2: I was listening to the radio.
Speaker 4: I think it was Chrome, I don't remember who was playing, and they were talking about like danceall back in the days clash.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's what was when dance I was at his peak.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you if you versus thing when Beanie and Bunty went on, it was different, and that's what that's what danceall is missing, you know what I mean. Everybody's friends zone exactly after everything is different, you know what I mean. Yeah, there's no battering anymore. So dancehall is kind of on a level right now, kind of cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was your reawer to that?
Speaker 4: I mean watching the versus Bounty because you're here, you know the history, you know how far back that nineteen but watching it present day on versus them being together, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: It's crazy to.
Speaker 4: See this man all my life and beans being at war all my life, you know what I mean, And to see the two of them versus just having a good time, it's like, it's crazy, you know what I mean. But it was so good to watching this reminiscent here that that was real. Yeah, really yeah, And that's what I think. That's what dance is missing right now, that hardcore where he's against him, remember, because remember Carteil and Mavada the same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dance, how was that his peak?
Speaker 7: It was dangerous?
Speaker 4: We need we need yeah, because they took people took it too far away, you know, people took.
Speaker 2: It too far because it was hot. It was every argument down the street was who's the beddest, whose song was the best? I mean, but it's still that's what that's it was. I mean. So now for me, it's picking up and down. So I was like, we need, we need that energy.
Speaker 5: Super I want to ask you this too, because it's like, I feel like there's no global superstar right now. The biggest dance hall stark right me for wrong, it's still Bob's cartel, which is interesting because it's been in jail for a long wh is obs Cartel's impact on on the culture Because it's like for us, I'm like, he's coming out with new music.
Speaker 2: That's the greatest Jamaica. Yo. You say, how is he making music? Yo? This is crazy? He said.
Speaker 4: It's an impact of vibes cart plade, an impact because the level that he makes music and anything it does is just gold.
Speaker 2: He's just he's very smart. You know.
Speaker 4: If you listen to his music and he performs and he will sing this, and then each next week you hear his music and it's totally different, you know what I mean. And that's how he rolls. He doesn't keep one flow for too long. He flows the one way and then he switches up, you know what I mean. And that's what makes him so great because you hear one artist the whole life. He sings the exact same way, you know what I mean, But vibes Carter every two years or every year, it's a different flow, different vibes. He just keeps and that's why it's so great. That's why he had that big impact on Jamaica. So is he still the top because or is it like a guy like Popcorn is coming in? Yeah, vibes cartail can he will never stop, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But right now.
Speaker 4: I don't know the sixth six them as Jo say, and like Popcorn is doing well.
Speaker 2: Also, you know what I mean, But no one is really exactly exactly.
Speaker 7: Original.
Speaker 5: But I think I think I just from from my perspective as a fan, I feel like that's one of the things. Because even Apple they got whiz Kids, they got the Bob what is the name that the body? But I don't think that no one is Nobody know what I'm.
Speaker 7: Saying, don't be Vernable heard the boy exactly?
Speaker 2: So everything we need it all right?
Speaker 4: So when when we did clockwork right the rhythm, we did clockwork and we hit Shama and this is why he did the lockdown song.
Speaker 2: But people miss that.
Speaker 4: Dance all They were so happy to hear this, you know what I mean, Ship and the body gave it. It just reminds you of dance. And I talked to him about it was like, people are gonna love the first time he sent them song, I was like, I'm sure peoplere gonna love this because as soon as I heard it, it reminds me of like proper whole old school Jamaican dance all music, you know what I mean, And that's what we are missing nowadays in the music.
Speaker 2: Until that comes back, it's is gonna be regular.
Speaker 4: So yeah, did the lockdown song and then obviously has Colona has eased up a little bit.
Speaker 2: You know, see what happens.
Speaker 4: It's a party comes Yeah, very intention parted. Yeah, it's a summer song, you know what I mean. It's a summer song. And we we talked about it. You had a few songs and like, no, this is a one. It's a party is a one because it's in summertime. Now we finally got a little bit extension on our curve. So I was like, well, you dropped this song right now, is going to get a bus People gonna like it because that's what we want, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean, just have fun. It's a party in NJ. So this is what we're doing. And that's what we did. Video looks great. You know, it was missing one thing that these guys called leisure. You know, we like to have fun, and it was it was a party. It was choice for the video. That's the second part.
Speaker 4: You earn the lead and so you know the next video, you know, no worries, no word.
Speaker 2: You've never.
Speaker 7: Yeah, come to the it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I was like ship.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you this as far as Jamaica, how has COVID affected thing? Because I feel like I feel like it got hit hard because you're still in lockdown semi.
Speaker 7: How has it affected like the business economy?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: Because I think it's it's bad for everybody, you know what I mean? But like the down saw itself, the entertainment industry got it was it was bad. Finally now they're they're really like opening it up and giving us a chance. But initially nothing, you know, I mean, it was ten people like young can get in ten.
Speaker 2: I was like what you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: It got hit really bad, you know what I mean? But overall team a lot of people. They told us that everybody else worked from home as much as possible. Yeah, but it was as crazy as everybody.
Speaker 7: What's your thoughts are you?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 7: What's your thoughts on the business climate in Jamaica?
Speaker 5: Because we always hear about music, sports, but like for the entrepreneurs that's coming up, do you think that there's some opportunities?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 5: Do you feel like there's a lot more that needs to be done to help entrepreneurs and young people that's trying to figure it out.
Speaker 4: Business I think there is, you know, I mean, there's a lot more work, you know, I mean, it's not as easy, you know what I mean, because.
Speaker 2: Even to get a job is rough, you know what I mean. And it's the weirdest thing.
Speaker 4: I've never said this, but like they don't put a lot of respect on like Jamaican indication. You go to UI a U Tech and you come out of school. Somebody goes to American school. They get the job by that easy. It makes no sense. And one other team when people will say yo, or you need the experience, I am not going to get the experience if nobody's gonna iire me, you know what I mean. You got to get people that trying to prove themselves, you know what I mean. But it's hard for entrepreneurs. It's not it's not something that you can just get up and go all right, I can make it now. That's why a lot of people just work, you know what I mean, Yeah, a lot of people. That's kind of a great segue because I want to talk about what you do with the using both foundation, refurbishing schools, great community centers. So the ain't laptops. Can you talk about that in your points of it. Obviously, we know that the resources can help any situation. So that's what you're doing is throughout the country or specifically is it is most of the rural yours cause that's where it's needed, you know what I mean, because especially in the is you know, have internet and stuff like that, so we try we work with this so also to try to get a few schools like internet service and and then we figure out that some places you can't get internet, so we have to get printers now to send to like different schools so they can actually print information and pass it around the community to the kids, you know what I mean. So for me, that's what we've been doing most of COVID, you know what I mean. That's trying to get as much equipment out to these rural era schools so they can get their information because it's not you can go and like in Kingston you can go and zoom everybody has an iPad everything, but in the country it's not like that, you know what I mean. So that's what we're focused on most COVID, just trying to get as much equipment to the rule of the area as possible and.
Speaker 2: Were all donating to the hospitals as well. The COD we anything for me.
Speaker 4: We tried to help in any way possible to give like equipment and just even just to have a talk with people because mental health was a situation.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so it was a big thing.
Speaker 4: So any possible way I could help and ad thetime, I would do it.
Speaker 7: Have you ever thought about getting into politics.
Speaker 2: No, I stay with.
Speaker 4: I stay away from politics. Is I don't want to say, but correct, you know what I mean. But I stay away from it's too much, you know what I mean, it's too much.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 5: I just felt like, you know, you're such an ambassador, You're such you have so much pride in your country.
Speaker 7: You won't leave the country. You could be the president.
Speaker 2: Yeah, too much, much, too much. I stay with. If I can avoid politics, I avoid it completely, you know what I mean. I just do my part, do my work. That's it, you know what I mean. I try to help it anyway, but I just leave it alone. That's how I am.
Speaker 7: So what's on the horizon, what do you what?
Speaker 5: What's on your vision board in the next five ten years, as far as you know, different things.
Speaker 2: That you have going on. For me, I take it as a coming. I mean, right, now, I'm just focusing on this music, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So for the next two years, I think that's going to be I mean, focused to see what's going on, you know, I mean to try to get everything together and to see how far we can go with it, you know what I mean. But behind that, I tried to still get my build lins up and all the things. But my main focus is going to be the music.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 7: Who's the artists that you really like are tuned in with?
Speaker 2: Like now, let's see that for me.
Speaker 4: Right now, we just try to make good beats and and find because we're not really I'm not really searching for like talent, as I said, because I want to when I get my foot in the door, and then I'll be like, all.
Speaker 2: Right, cool, we can we can say let's see who's time.
Speaker 4: We can probably do something on social media where the best top five music are like so you know what I mean. But right now, I'm just working and as I said, people are enjoying the music more now and and listening to it.
Speaker 2: So I'm really happy with what's going on.
Speaker 5: What artists would you want to work with? You might not have every who's your favorite artist? Let's say who's your favorite of all time?
Speaker 4: So it has to be Vibes Carter Lives cartil Is. We're talking to baby Shamda. I was like, of we grew up on your music. So when I see these guys and hear them sing and see the word that they put in, it's always so crazy, you know what I mean to know that I grew up on their music all these years and now I'm just working with these guys, you know what I mean. So I'm always a big upho always because to be working with him it's like a dream.
Speaker 2: Also, trust me, because you grew up on these music right right right.
Speaker 4: To come to come to Kingston, you might say yeah, yeah, and it was giving me two years after you have an there's no joke.
Speaker 2: There's no joke. I first spect that. I love that.
Speaker 5: It's always interesting because I like athletes always have such respect for music. Musicians have such respect. It's like you listen to the music before you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: For sure, I've always said that, like yo, music and sports is like like one you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Wait before we go again, congratulates don't happen twins Sho.
Speaker 4: We talk about the role that fatherhood has played in your life over the past few years. For me, patience is what it has taught me to be very much more because I wasn't patient. But I get I know, I really quick if I have to wait, really but now I have to be patient, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean my daughter she doesn't listen.
Speaker 7: Like she was.
Speaker 2: I would like, come here. She looks me dead and walks away like I know. You know what I'm saying to you. But you have to have patience. But that's what they told men. It's been.
Speaker 4: It's been great sleeps, a little bit of sleepless nights, but expected, you know what I mean. Time I was smart to not to not have kids while I was running, you know what I mean that was That was a good decision.
Speaker 2: You ran your own risks.
Speaker 7: It's been an honor, it's been a pleasure.
Speaker 5: Shout out to Nicole black Effect our heart for putting this together.
Speaker 7: Shout out to the whole team.
Speaker 5: Shout out to you, shout the sh shout out to everybody making man we believe and enjoy ourselves out here. Everybody really really just friendly and just show us so much love. We got to know what the party is going on.
Speaker 7: The club. I know it closed out eleven good, we'll talk about that.
Speaker 5: That's a but nah, man, any anything that you like to tell the people, what would you like to like let them know any businesses or.
Speaker 7: Something going on.
Speaker 4: For me, it's just the music right now. Just look up for the music. And I mean, I'm seriously in the music business. There's always eighteen lifestyle. You've seeing production. It's all that music and supporting I mean goes treating the music. I mean because I mean business and you're gonna continue here and good music with different people should.
Speaker 7: Put together a tour when Corona is over a bunch of artists that.
Speaker 2: It was a vibe.
Speaker 7: That's all right, man. I appreciated chroy housekeeping items.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Shout out to Kingston, Jamaica. Choutte Kingston, Jamaica. As got know my entire families from here. So to be here, to be here with the goal is incredible.
Speaker 4: And shout to everybody on patreon dot com that's been supporting us so I'll probably paid program. Shout to the T five members that have access to uy L University, all our earners across the world, all our earners in Jamaica. We came here and people recognize us from being on the podcast and our earners as well as shout y'all.
Speaker 2: Shout everybody supporting the merch. We greatly appreciate y'all.
Speaker 4: The local TVs are the logal t shirts are back, so shout out to y'all and yeah, man support.
Speaker 5: One last thing, How does it feel of being a sport? I feel like this is interesting. Track is probably the only sport in the world when it's no debate. Joy Mayweather versus I got to know you're the fastest person. That's what I feel to be like, I'm I'm the best to ever do this and you can't. You can't say Jordan Lebron.
Speaker 2: We always talk about this and I always laugh and I was like, yo, yeah, there's no question. You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: You can't dispute this. You know what I mean because what we always argue about Messi and Ronaldo. That's one of the biggest things, you know what I mean. I'm Ronaldo. I'm a Manchester United, so that's how it started. I support Argentina though, but yeah, okay, that's yeah, that's my international team.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But for me, he's proven himself and people always ask why I was like you went to Manchester United, dominated, went to Real Madrid dominated. When dominated is proven that yo, anywhere I go, I can dominate, you know what I mean. That's cool. Clear, I almost forgot. I'm glad you said to debate. So you ran nineteen nineteen and you ran nine five big? Could you have gone fast if you didn't do the chest book and.
Speaker 2: Look like.
Speaker 7: But then he also did this.
Speaker 2: No, that was when he looked back at them. That's the one of the best means of all time. You think you could have.
Speaker 4: Moved, You could have probably probably, you know what I mean. But for me, as I said, I've always said to you, I've always said to people, I don't run for time, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I just want to beat you. That's how I am as a person. I'm competitive.
Speaker 4: So I showed in eight when I ran in eight Tyson and Tyson was injured and I wont him to everybody was like, oh it was because Tyson wasn't there, blah blah blah blah. I was like, all right, cool, respect he wasn't there. And then you know nine, now I beat him. I was like, all right, what are you saying?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: It was just all about company and only I never earned the time. In the twenty sixty Olympics, you had come back from injury. Oh no, it was actually the word the year before that Chapman had just come back from Yeah. They were like.
Speaker 4: He had had a crazy Yeah it was it was running fast and you still be them because all right, I explained this to a lot of people. It's easy to chase somebody when you're the one being chased, can you handle it?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Because through everything he was the one chasing me, you know what I mean. And then the season now switches around. No, he gets to the line, I'm the one chasing him, you know what I mean. And that's the pressure that got to him, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean. And people always think it's easy. It's not. It's not easy when you're on top. It's not easy.
Speaker 4: Because he was running good and I was like, I was barely making it back. I was running good, but I wasn't running fast enough, you know what I mean. But the pressure of that day, that yo, he had to win, got the best of them.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: He just broke saw me and just lost it, you know I mean, it's just the pressure. And I tell people it's a little easy, but it's not. You know, it's because of and I know from like the two hundred. Once you make that turn, the distance between you and the next person is so disrespect it looks.
Speaker 2: Like like two hundred.
Speaker 4: My events, if I win a hundred means I'm not listening to hundreds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that tells people four hundred. Yeah. I didn't like it. That was too much, that's all. Yeah.
Speaker 4: In Old seven, I remember after we I ran, I came second to Tyson Gay. My coach was like, yo, you need a second you need a second race. You have to run the four undred meals. I was like, noah, bro I run a hundred. Music goes, no, You're not one hundred meter run it all.
Speaker 2: I was like. I was like, nah, I be like all right.
Speaker 4: I was like, all right, bet if I run one hundred minutes and I run fast, I run a hundred, I run so I run the four hundred minutes and he's like all right, and I went, I don't remember well. I think I went to attend somewhere meet and I ran ten old Tree and I was like, cool, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And teno tree back then was good, good, you know what I mean? You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: And I was like, and that's how I started runing a hundred minutes. If I'd run slow, I wouldn't be the first man in the world. Right, I'll be running. I'll be running foodge meters.
Speaker 2: You know what. It's crazy. Oh things work out. That's crazy. Man.
Speaker 7: All right, God, thank you for Rocco West. We'll see you next week, he appreciated.
Speaker 6: Brother, my graduates from my school being forced bad drop bag drop my droft.
Speaker 7: Bad drop drop.
Speaker 9: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day. Imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families.
Speaker 2: Will be protected. Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,