Speaker 1: Place.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you saw it, but Miami metro area for the first time ever the past New York metro area. It's actually more expensive than New York. So this brings up the great de beat Miami or New York.
Speaker 3: Okay, what are we going for?
Speaker 2: It is what it is like if you had to if you had to live somewhere and you only the only place in America you could live was New York in Miami, and you had to make a choice.
Speaker 1: But would you where would you live?
Speaker 4: I'm going right back to see fair. I like being close to the water. Now, the the vibes in New York aren't matched.
Speaker 1: The New York is doing the water.
Speaker 3: The Hudson.
Speaker 2: I like.
Speaker 3: I like ocean, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So that's like, if I can't go to Mexico, Miami is a great backup, like because the energy is similar. But if I had to pick one, even though I like the business structure, the creativity in New York. And maybe we can play that clip about the benefits of living there even though the cost of hide just energy wise, I feel more alive in Miami.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, let's play that clip from the New York clip.
Speaker 3: Let's play that.
Speaker 5: Why do people stay in New York even while it's quietly making them broke? Median rent in Manhattan just hit around five thousand dollars a month, half a paycheck gone before food, and still nobody leaves. That isn't stubbornness. It's a bet, and the bet has a name. In eighteen ninety, an economist named Alfred Marshall noticed something strange about cities pack people doing similar work close together, and each one becomes more productive than they be alone. He called it agglomeration. A century later, Harvard's Edward Glazer proved it holds workers in dense cities earn more, learn faster, and produce more, and the effect grows the tighter you pack them. Proximity isn't a nice to have. It compounds. So here's what that five thousand dollars actually not an apartment proximity. You're paying for the room, the chance, hallway conversation, the friend of a friend who runs a fund, the intro that skips five years of grinding. New York has more wealthy investors per square mile than almost anywhere on Earth. Half a million college students feeding in every year, and the highest concentration of major buyers in the country. You're not renting a place to sleep, you're renting access to collisions, and there's a quieter engine. Surround yourself with people working brutally hard, and it drags your own baseline up. Ambition is contagious. Effort spreads like a virus. In New York, the whole city has the fever, so you catch it whether you meant to or not. But here's what nobody says. Proximity is not the same as success, and the city knows exactly what proximity is worth, which is why it prices your rent to swallow it. You pay the premium upfront, guaranteed every month. The upside only pays out for a few so most people go broke. Funding a lottery and the landlord collects whether or not your number ever comes up. The city sells the ticket. It never promised the prize, So why stay broke? Because leaving feels like folding the hand right before the last card. The fear was never the rent. It's that the one encounter that would have changed everything happens the week after you give up and move home. That fear is the most valuable thing. New York sells. It doesn't rent you an apartment. It rents you the version of yourself you might still become, and it charges you everything you have to keep you at the table.
Speaker 2: I would say this is somebody that's actually contemplated moving to Miami, and that I probably will end up moving to Miami at some point, as far as not full time.
Speaker 1: But you know, I just don't like whod.
Speaker 3: Lot of time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go through this. Miami versus New York. Let's go through it. Let's go through it. New York City. Man, it's got to be the best summer ever from New York City. They want to roll York for sure. New York has things that no other place has where they have so many different attractions that you can do. You can go to a Broadway play, you can go to a museum, you can go to Sincera Park, you can go to outdoor cookout, basketball game. There's different cultures. The culinary scene is controversial, best culinary scene in America.
Speaker 1: So diversity is unmatched.
Speaker 4: The arts scene, shopping, the list goes.
Speaker 1: On, it's door activities, just the list goes on.
Speaker 2: Now Miami, what does Miami have? Miami has the best weather in America.
Speaker 1: For sure, hands down, hands down, Either.
Speaker 2: Like l A got with good weather's cold. It's cold in l at night. Every night is cold and it gets cold the winter. Remember we was going to l A a lot. La had a cold winter a few years ago and it was raining a lot. They had a bad winter, heavy rains.
Speaker 3: Cold traffic too. On top of it, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: It's always cold that night. So Miami has the best weather in America, hands down. They got they got the ocean, the beach south views. You still, no matter what man like, the ocean views is just it brings out your spirit. They have logistic problems as well when it comes to traffic any type of art bars or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Their traffic is terrible going from Wrickle over over the bridge gets backed up.
Speaker 2: That they don't they don't have the proper infrastructure for all the people that's moving down there, especially if they have a major event. That's that's something that they got to really work on. But you can get a boat in Miami and just cruise the bank. They have a great culinary scene as well. They have a great night life as well. They don't have as many culturally relevant things that's one thing about Miami that they don't have compared to New York City. And it's like even when we went to Abu Dhabi and they would have like a Steve Harvey had a food festival, and they were saying, like, they're looking to import more cultural things because they've they've built the cities up, but they have no culture. I'm like, there's certain things that you like. Like I said, it's just little, a little a random block party might just pop up or a random street fear in New York where Miami doesn't have that. Yeah, the culture, they don't have the same cultural element as New York.
Speaker 1: They have.
Speaker 2: They have the food scene, they have the night life, they have the weather, they have the scenery.
Speaker 4: You get more square footage of Miami too. It's getting it's getting tricky though, it's getting trick that's what they were saying. It used to be, yes, you're getting tricky, got further out. It's getting tricky now.
Speaker 2: So okay, tough decision depends on it depends on what you want.
Speaker 3: And no state income tax, no.
Speaker 2: State income taxes is a okay, there's no state income tax, that's major, But the property taxes is phenomenal. Sam in Texas unbelievable, believable and something sure as he pulled out of Florida. Like, the property tax is becoming a major issue because of all the floods and because of the hurricane. So there's no state income tax, but those property taxes is crazy.
Speaker 4: And that's another thing that in the conversation insurance, insurance part. Yeah, but that's what you gotta factor the insurance part and the property tax in when you want your dream home.
Speaker 3: That's another thing in inflation.
Speaker 4: We're gonna talk about the the the all the construction companies that are taking prices up, but the property tax is something you guys got a factor in when you want these mega mansions and mansions, Like everything is starting to be incredibly inflated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the insurance is a major issue, and not just Miami but the whole whole state. Yeah, like I said, a lot of insurance actually pulled out a flaid, So you gotta factor that in. That's raising the cost of living because those things just keep going up to people that's paying a couple of thousand dollars a month and insurance for sure, Yeah, and just the insurance. Yeah, so that's crazy and then you gotta deal with the armageddon. Like they say, Miami's gonna be underwater in twenty years.
Speaker 3: It's been saying the same thing about California for the years. And if you're gonna go, it's a good place to go.
Speaker 2: I like Miami, though it's a tough decision to make because I just feel like, I don't know, it's difficult.
Speaker 1: It's difficult. It's difficult.
Speaker 4: The business in New York, well, I mean, infrastructure wise, no city can match New York almost and just like the media being there.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I just I think that when we look at Miami, it's fifty to fifty. That's why a lot of people are guess living in both places because what you get in Miami you can't get in New York, but you get in New York you can't get in Miami. They do compliment each other a lot. That's why a lot of New Yorkers have moved to Miami. And if you really, you know, can can you know do both? A lot of people live in New York and Miami.
Speaker 3: That's the real solution. It's both.
Speaker 4: You need a primary city and then you need a city that makes you feel alive for sure, So if you can afford it, definitely do both. But Miami is tough though. Miami is tough and in terms of the quality of life and just feeling alive though it's vibrant. It's one of the few cities in America that still feels lively post COVID.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Miami, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, No, it's it's it's it's yeah. Miami is definitely having a good run. That's that's why it's game so expensive, right, yeah, because it's having a good people.
Speaker 4: You know, New Yorker is always running press up everything too. That's the other part of the New York inflation.
Speaker 3: Y'all go somewhere. Y'all did in Atlanta, y'all doing it in Miami.
Speaker 4: You gotta find you a place to go to to move around so arbitried, that's the word, right.
Speaker 1: So you so your pick is Miami for sure?
Speaker 4: I mean I I at one point, I really because I was coming up there so much.
Speaker 3: I'm like, let me get a place in New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: Oh my gods, Like you know what, I want to sell a few places. I'm like.
Speaker 4: For the size that I'm getting, I'm like, oh my god, I'm gonna just stay in Houston. But in Miami you can you can still put pull off a penthouse for a nice margin. It's getting, it's getting for sure because ross moving around, bezos stem uh, Star Island Shock, buying up.
Speaker 1: Everything, and that's the rail inflation.
Speaker 2: Like people say, like, okay, like, I don't think it's the average person from New York that's moving down that's causing the inflation. It's the billionaires that's the head tunds into Wall Street South, that's what they call it, Wall Street South. So yeah, you got hedge funds, you got King Griffin, Citadel. Those are the people that's really raising the price of everything because now, yeah, of course they're living in Star Island and they're living in it. But it is a trickle down effect, for sure. It's a trickle down effect that that definitely has a ripple effect. When you have just you know, fifteen billionaires moving a month, that's going to impact everything for sure.
Speaker 4: And then some of the top traders from those firms they're moving there, they're moving their families. They're like it definitely is a trickle down in fact, because for a while Miami was kind of like the hack like pre COVID to live in a nice city that was relatively affordable, and that's that's slowly going away.
Speaker 3: So but yeah, I'm definitely picking Miami.
Speaker 2: But I always love Miami. I love Miami my whole life, Like I went to go to the University of Miami. Actually really okay, I always love Miami.
Speaker 5: The vibe.
Speaker 2: Remember when I first got to Miami, seeing South Beach for the first time, Like, yeah, Miami is a special place, man. It's just it's like being in America, but kind of not being in America pretty much.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like it's like a separate it's like separate from America.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty much. World Cup m