Speaker 1: He is going to be perfect, and I shall name him Jack Joe Michael Hanson.
Speaker 2: It's One more Thing.
Speaker 3: One More Thing, Hey, Katie Green lead One More Thing podcast. What do you have for us, Katie?
Speaker 1: Just a little update on my baby making process.
Speaker 3: I think I understand it. I don't want to put too fun a point on it, but there's the whole. There's a penis, a vagina, there's a oh good lord, you know, probably a little uh, drinky poop, maybe a candle, some music.
Speaker 1: You have no idea how subtlety you're excused. Yeah, you have no idea how bad. I wish that was how this was going.
Speaker 2: But that's not the way you're doing it. You're doing for the for.
Speaker 1: Those of the of you that are just tuning in or don't know. I am going through infertility or IVF, and the reason being is because I have a hereditary kidney disease that I could pass along to my child. So we are doing genetic testing to ensure that I do not hand this delight right on down. So we've gone through what's called an egg retrieval, actually two of them now, where they go in and they take all of my eggs and they test them and biopsie them, and then what they do is they give me a report afterwards and let me know the quality of the embryos. Is everybody still with me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lot of time. The egg or the embryo is the fertilized egg.
Speaker 1: What's amazing is that we actually don't have eggs to begin with. They're called follicles, and then once they mature, they become eggs, and they are nurturing these eggs until they become embryos. Once they are an embryo, they can genetically test that and find out what's going on.
Speaker 3: Uh, how pleasant or unpleasant is all this?
Speaker 2: Them gathering your eggs and everything like that?
Speaker 1: Oh, this is bit I'm going I'm gonna say it. This is sorry, Hanson. This has been an absolute fuck show. This sucks. This sucks.
Speaker 3: So it's not you know, I feel like this is presented kind of when they talk about it, you know, drive by media style on the news, like it's a you know, it's no big deal, but you're saying it's a really big deal.
Speaker 1: Well, and people they you know, the way people phrase everything that everybody calls this the journey. It's not a it's not a journey. I mean, if you want to call it that because it feels better, fine, but this is definitely it's it's a medical process.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: And just to I mean, we're family here to BTM I I have had three times of the month this month. Whoa yeah, that's because whoa yeah, I'm pretty oh, I'm pretty over it at this point. But they've I've been I mean I've been on thirteen different medications and on birth control twice throughout this whole process. And the interesting part is they put you on birth control so the doctor can get control of the way your body is regulating your hormones. It's it's really it's an amazing process.
Speaker 2: Anyway. So does insurance cover all this?
Speaker 1: Insurance? Actually, I've been really lucky that insurance has covered some of it, but not a lot of it.
Speaker 4: No, you folks can't see this because it's audio entertainment. But Katie is now waving around a pair of scissors. Can we ask you to put the scissors down?
Speaker 1: I told you guys to stop messing with me.
Speaker 2: Three uh ant flows in one month. That'll make you. Yeah, And let's go ahead and just put it out.
Speaker 1: It is the fifteenth of the month, right now, that's right.
Speaker 2: Holy crap. Just remember Katie, I really like you. I know you do.
Speaker 1: Michael, I know you're just you all have been absolutely wonderful through all of this. Just a side note, but so uh interesting angle to this, Uh that was a little disappointing is that because I am the first in my bloodline to have this kidney disease, after my last egg retrieval, they told me that they cannot test my first child.
Speaker 2: Because why we are here. Thank you, right, thank you the whole thing.
Speaker 1: That's the whole reason for this whole thing.
Speaker 2: So boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So this started in May and at the first the first week of August, I was informed that I am going to have to go ahead and have the first pregnancy and they're going to test me at eighteen weeks and let me know if the kid has polycystic kidney disease or not.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that was that.
Speaker 1: There were a lot of words that I won't say because I don't want a Hanson to have to have more work to do but than I already gave him. But anyway, on a more positive note, my doctor called me a couple days ago and the first week of September, I will be going in and the first embryo that is of highest quality is a baby boy.
Speaker 3: Oh well, fantastic. Who Yeah, And that's where he came up with the name for the boy, which will be.
Speaker 1: Jack Joe Michael Hanson.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, so yeah.
Speaker 1: And some people I've gotten not friends, but associates or associates acquaintances that have been like, well, don't you feel like you're playing God knowing the gender? And I I don't feel like I'm playing God because I told my doctor I just want to use the highest quality embryo we have, and I just so happy to know the gender.
Speaker 3: She didn't choose the gender. You just found out about it in the same way that I did with my kids.
Speaker 2: I did. I didn't want to, but their mom wanted to, and so yeah, I just found out. Yeah. Boy.
Speaker 4: The willingness to make casual comments about the deepest and most important parts of other people's lives, that's that's a gift you have, friends, that's a real gift.
Speaker 2: You have to be willing to do that.
Speaker 3: I can charming, I can normally ignore that, not always will most of the time, just.
Speaker 2: Like God, why do you?
Speaker 1: Because because also I asked, right, because I was. I was wondering what their opinion was about how I was going to do my thing.
Speaker 4: Sure, yeah, boy, that reminds me Jack, I'm supposed to tell you how to raise your children.
Speaker 1: I am very happy that it is a boy, though I have to tell you, I do want to have a boy and a girl. But I'm praying that this one works out because I have a feeling that I will have a lot better of a time, but a little boy and not another me running around.
Speaker 3: I wanted to both experiences myself. I've got two boys and no girls, and I see my neighbor with his teenage daughter and all the boys coming by all the time, and so it doesn't it doesn't kill me that I'm not going through what he's going through right now.
Speaker 2: But I mean, it would have been nice having been down both roads.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you, Yes, yes, the female road is a more complicated road, so it is not an interstate highway that stretches straight to the horizon.
Speaker 2: As not that boys are exactly. Yes, it's different. It's different.
Speaker 4: You know, it's been incredible and wonderful and amazing, but yeah, it's different.
Speaker 1: What's funny is the conversation I'm having with my parents right now already is how if this child ever talks back the leverage I have. Do you have any idea what it took to get you here?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I can't play that card, right, Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do you understand what I had to, had to wanted to begged to do right to bring you in the world.
Speaker 2: Would do it every day if I had the chance?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yes, well yes, yeah, it doesn't work. Yeah, wow, but.
Speaker 1: It's it's a really it's an amazing, fascinating process. And it is you know when you first started, and the syringes and giving yourself injections and all that.
Speaker 2: It is scary.
Speaker 1: But if anybody's listening going through it right now, if I can do it.
Speaker 2: You can do it. Trust me.
Speaker 1: If I have the biggest needle phobia on the planet.
Speaker 3: Oh did you did? You don't even like the term? Did you have the experience I had with cancer? Where because I had a horrible needle for BA two, But I got jabbed so many times it kind of went away.
Speaker 2: It just kind of got used to it.
Speaker 1: Well with getting my with needles and shots. Now, yeah, I don't care, just poke me. That's I'm over that.
Speaker 2: After that. It's interesting.
Speaker 3: It's there's a name for that, immersions there, something like that, but it's true.
Speaker 1: Now come at me to take my blood.
Speaker 2: Still going to pass out? No? Why? Now that's interesting.
Speaker 3: I was talking to my son's psychiatrist about this yesterday and his son has the same thing as my son.
Speaker 2: For a lot of people, it's not the needle. It's having something taken from you. I rem that's it. That's interesting. I'd never heard. I'd never thought about that in my life. And my and Henry said, that's it.
Speaker 3: And my psychiatrist said, that's my son's deal is that it's it's not the needle or the pain, it's the having something withdrawn from your body.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that freaks you out. And I've never thought that. Well, and that's well, go ahead, Katie.
Speaker 1: Well, I was just thinking because I mean, I have tattoos, piercings, none of that bothers me. But the second that they're taking something out of me, when I start, you know, getting lightheaded.
Speaker 4: You know, this is crazy. But I remember ages ago reading about this, in reading about toilet training, that that's some kid's problem with using the potty and flushing it away.
Speaker 2: It's like, whoa Hey, that's mine.
Speaker 1: That I have another problem I got to tell you about.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 5: Oh no, old boy, that's interesting, Yeah, because I that's I don't know why, but the blood draw is my that's my arch nemous there, arch nemesis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anemone whateverminemone. Uh yeah, I don't want to talk about this anymore.
Speaker 2: It's it weirds me out. I got to look away. I got to think about other things.
Speaker 3: Oh, you've got nice veins. You have really juicy veins.
Speaker 1: Oh, speaking of I do have juicy veins. And the chick had to use an effing vein finder on me the other day, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Oh, what I don't even want is the higher one? Is that a dog? Is this sniff you?
Speaker 1: Er?
Speaker 2: Oh? I don't even want to know.
Speaker 1: It's a little machine that they put over your arm and it shows them where your veins are so they don't miss.
Speaker 2: It's like this done in there somewhere. It's the stud finder of the human bodies.
Speaker 1: And you might as well be wearing a shirt that says I'm an e f ing rookie, because why do you have that?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no kidding, yeah, no kidding. Anyway, Okay, I'm done to I agree with Joe. We got to stop.
Speaker 1: So if I do end up, if all this ends up working out, Jack Joe Michael Hanson should be born somewhere around the end of April beginning of May.
Speaker 2: Oh cool, that's a beautiful name.
Speaker 4: We all know you'll call him Joey of course, but that's of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is why I just have tropical fish.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess that's it.