Speaker 1: What's that at the bed. It's spooky, Hey jooky, I'm pretty sure it's dead. It's coming this way.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, I'm ghosted, hirass.
Speaker 3: Hey boo, it's me Roz and welcome to another listener phone call Extravaganza. I love doing these episodes and I hope to do some, you know, early January or something. So as always, if you have a ghost story, maybe you have a little bit of time over the holidays. If you want to send me an email, do it to ghosted by Raz at gmail dot com. I'm put in the subject line listener episode. I week have been just ghosted away and talking to so many different people for some upcoming episodes. I'm thrilled for the beginning of the year on this podcast, and I'll just tell you who I have because I can give you if you know, if you're looking for things again over the holidays, you're looking for a good thing to watch, a good thing to read, I can I can help you.
Speaker 1: Out here, Okay.
Speaker 3: I first up in the beginning of the year have on winner of RuPaul's Drag Race, Jink's mom soon on the show, and Jinks has become kind of alongside Ben de la creme of RuPaul's drag Race. The two of them have become like the queens of Christmas this year and you can actually see them in a couple of different things. They did their own holiday special which is so fun and absolutely gorgeous, and if you want to watch it, it's at Jinxandela dot com. And they also happen to make an appearance in this movie that everyone's talking about. It's on Hulu called The Happiest Season, starring Kristen Stewart and truly an all star cast.
Speaker 1: I mean Aubrey.
Speaker 3: Plaza, Alison Bree, Victor Garber. The two of them make a little cameo in that. So that's pretty fun for the holidays. And then okay, so then after I have on Jinks, I also will be having in January. Amy Brune. Now I know that a lot of you know who Amy Brune is. She is huge in the paranormal investigating TV world and she is the star of the TV show Kindred Spirits. We also might know her from ghost Hunters, and she has a book out that is so current. It is so current that she even wrote it in twenty twenty and she references all the craziness that's going on with the pandemic. And the book is called Life with the Afterlife Thirteen Truths. I learned about ghosts and I loved it, and so we talked and I had a ton of questions. And I'm very proud of both my Jinks and Amy episodes. And they're both so loaded that they're also going to be likely two part episodes. We'll see, but there's just a lot going on with them now. I have told you guys that I will not be able to do regular episodes for next week or the next week. That's why I'm talking about January now. But on Patreon, I have got some pretty cool conversations. I'm doing, like some pretty you know, full length about the length of a podcast.
Speaker 1: A typical episode.
Speaker 3: There will be EVPs, there will be storees. On Christmas Eve, I'm talking to my friend Tammy M. Chavez, who is a paranormal investigator. Actually met her at that place, the Omen House, and she is out there doing the paranormal investigating, particularly here in Hollywood, and she's been making tiktoks. You can find her at Hollyweird Paranormal and she's just she's really fun and she knows what she's talking about. So you could hear that on Patreon, on my second tier, and then on New Year's Eve, my friend mister Malone, who is He does automatic pen writing, you know, a type of channeling, and he can communicate with the dead and he's had a ton of experiences and he's a fun person. You might know him if you listen to Straight Talk with Ross Matthews the podcast. He's on there as a regular and I really enjoy him. And so you could hear that conversation on my second tier of Patreon and on Patreon. I'm gonna keep making videos every single Tuesday.
Speaker 1: This week I did.
Speaker 3: Another little video around my home and showed you some of my weird taste and the things that I love so much in my home. And you know what, having weird taste is better than having no taste, That's what I say. So go check that out if you're interested. But from what I heard, people really enjoyed seeing my living room last week, so I'll give you a little bit more of that. All right, Well, this Listener episode, we've got some good stories. We got some beginning middle, it ends, and on Patreon. The bonus clip this week is actually two different little stories. I've got one from Ryan where we talk about since I do know o Ryan a little bit. We were actually on Zoom that night that I had an earthquake a couple months ago, and so we talked about that together. And I had on Paul, who on Patreon this week is telling us about a real spooky dream situation that he had at one point. So go listen to that, and I'm ready to just start the show. I don't know about you. Let's hear some ghost stories on with the show there's a ghost in my house. Hello, I am joined by Ryan in Chicago.
Speaker 1: How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm fantastic.
Speaker 3: I hear you got some ghost stories? Which one should we talk about? What's the first one? What's the first ghost story that ever happened to you? Or supernatural paranormal phenomena?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I would say that it started when I was a child growing up in Central Illinois. I would wake up in my bed at night and just kind of be frozen. But at the end of my bed would always be this dark cloaked figure that would just stand there at the very end of my bed, and like I couldn't move, I couldn't speak, I couldn't do anything.
Speaker 3: Now when you say this, how detailed are we talking? Like does it did it look like like you could almost be like, oh my god, that's a human with like a party City Grim Reaper costume on. Or was it like more misty or what do you think?
Speaker 2: It just you know, honestly, it was just it honestly looked like if you just took a black a big black cloak and just like put it over a human body. That's basically it look like it really didn't have a lot of features and like I didn't see a face, but it just like you knew there was just something standing at the end of the bed. And this happens to me every time I would move, like my parents moved a few times. But every time I would move, like not too long after you know, we had moved, I would wake up in the same scenario would happen that it would just stand there at the end of my bed. It never moved, It never came any closer. It just stood in my bed, and it would it would feel like hours. I would just have to stare and look at this thinking like oh my god, like what's going to happen? Is it going to do something, and it was never it always felt like it wanted to do something or it had like bad intentions. So this kind of just followed me through my life.
Speaker 1: And then but it.
Speaker 3: Seemed like it was just still or did it seem like it was like as if like if a human was standing at your bed, it would like kind of breathe a little, it might move a little at a time, or was just like still staring.
Speaker 2: Oh, very just still, like it was just almost like waiting for me to make a move, or waiting for me to move so it would make a move. So then I just felt so frozen, like I couldn't do anything because if I did, then it would attack or something. And so I just felt like I had to stay so still. And so when I moved finally to college to Chicago, I got my first apartment and I had two roommates that I moved in with, and you know, it was a very kind of like new experience living on my own and a new big city and everything, and so you know, it was kind of an emotional time. And so I remember going to bed it was like the this time was like the first night, and I woke up and it felt almost like it was like beginning of a new day or something like the sun was just coming up or something. And I didn't see anything at the time at the end of my bed, but I looked over on my wall to the right of me, and there was a cross on my wall, which was strange because I did not bring across with me or anything. And the cross on the wall started to shape and tremble, and then all of a sudden, out of each end of the cross, a new cross formed and it just started spreading across the wall as if, like I don't know, like a virus or something, and it was going all over and that freaked me out. And then I looked over and there it was. It was back. It was in this new space of mine that I'd moved to, but this time it didn't just stand still at the end of my bed. It actually started to move, and it moved to the left of me, and it came right up to me and it started like moving out its arm or hand or whatever it had. Again, you do, you couldn't see any detail. All you could see was a lifting of this like cloak, and it put its arm over my arm. And I just remember being so scared because of course, this thing has always scared me. It's always followed me, but it's never moved, it's never done anything.
Speaker 1: And so were you frozen like before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was. I was just like and part of it. I don't know if it was like frozen out of fear or fro or like, actually my body couldn't move. I just remember feeling like I couldn't I couldn't move anything, and so I couldn't like get up, I couldn't run, I couldn't do anything. And so it finally it put its like whatever on my arm and then that was it. And then I just remember kind of like blacking out waking up a little while later. But when I did, my arm on the left side was like red all over. And I have no idea why. I have no idea what happened, but I felt like it it had had like finally made contact and.
Speaker 3: It's like a horror movie. This is like a conjuring ree to me out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was terrifying. And honestly, after that experience, you know, I started having weird things happen and stuff like that. And then in this particular apartment that I moved to, which is a whole nother story which was haunted in itself. I one night was in my living room and we were like eleven stories up and you could look across the street and there was like a new building being constructed, a huge tower, but it was like in its initial phases, so it was very much just like you know, open sea through floors and everything. But one night I looked across the street and there again was the cloaked figure just standing there just oh almost like staring in like watching, And that really freaked me out. And I was living at that point with my boyfriend, and you know, I told him and he's like, yeah, right, you know, like he didn't really ever have anything happen. He didn't have any supernatural things happen to him, so he just kind of like you know, shrugged it off. And I was like, Okay, sure, you know, another one of your like ghost stories or whatever. But then when he had a friend over one time, when I was actually like away on vacation or doing something, his friend like saw the same thing and saw a cloaked figure on the other side of the street and like freaked out and was like, oh my god, someone's like looking into our apartment. And so finally he was like, holy shit, like that's what my you know, boyfriend had told me. Like I thought it was like totally making some bullshit story up, and so like that kind of made me feel like, Okay, like I'm not maybe the only one that's seen this, but it's so interesting because it's clearly attached to you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and somebody else witnessed it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so that was like the first time that someone else had said like, oh I saw something that matched this description of what you were talking about. And so and it was weird because like, yeah, like this person was connected to me, but not very closely, you know what I mean, like yeah, family member or really close friend. It's like a friend of a boyfriend. So that was really interesting. And the last thing I would say about the entity, I just call it like the entity because I don't know what else to call it. But I had a dream after all these things happened, is like the last time I've had any kind of connection with it. And I remember my dream. I just was in this almost like marketplace in this other country and there was this person that would just stare at me with this just like grin. It's like evil grin. And it just started walking towards me, and I felt that in that like freezing feeling again. And he walked up to me and he said, you can run, you can move, but I'll always be there. Yeah, and that just like and like, of course, like this person had a face, like he looked like a normal person, but I had that feeling like I know who this is, Like this is that thing that's followed me for my whole life.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. So when's the last time that this happened.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, the last time I saw it would have been probably the time when I saw it across the street in the new building.
Speaker 1: That was being But I mean, like how long ago that was.
Speaker 2: Probably that was several years ago. That was probably around two thousand and ten or eleven.
Speaker 1: So it's been a while. Actually that's good.
Speaker 2: But I'll tell you. So I'll tell you. Then I guess kind of what I did to try to maybe get rid of it. So there's this there's this really cool occult bookstore in Cago. Supposedly it's the oldest one in America. I don't know for sure, but that's what they say. And so I go there and it's really cool because it's like, I mean, they have got everything. They've got jars with like graveyard dirt and like everything you can think of, and so like they are ready to like do the real shit. And so I went there just like kind of like almost like desperate, because I was just to the point where I'm like, something, I've got to get rid of this thing. You know, I don't want this to follow me anymore. I don't want this to be around me. And so I told him like what had happened, and they're like, yeah, that sounds like maybe you've got something attached to you. And they're like, here, right, there might be something we can do to like figure this out. So they walk me over to this cabinet and they open it up and there is this stone and he doesn't say like what it is or anything, and he just like close your eyes and I do, and he's like lift out your hand and I'm going to put something in your hand, grasp it and put it against your chest and then just tell me what happens. I'm thinking, Okay, this is weird.
Speaker 1: This you could yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: But I was with a friend and so she was there too, and so I'm like, okay, if he like, dress something really weird. She's gonna be like, wait up a second. But anyways, so I do it, and like at first, nothing happens. Of course, I'm thinking like this is so ridiculous. I feel like I feel so dumb. But then all of a sudden, like whatever it was, like, I started feeling it like push away from me, almost like you would see like with battery or with magnets and how it's just like it just will not stay against it. It just pushes away. And I pushed away until like it was it was like all the way away from me, and then like the guy just grabbed it out of my hand and he's like there you go. That's your answer, and I'm like what and he's like, what I put in your hand was a bizoar stone, and I guess for reference the bizoarre stone in modern like stuff, Harry Potter actually uses that in one of the films. When I saw Very Party filmed app because this happened before that. Before I saw it, I was like, oh my god, that's the stone they had me like hold, And I guess it's supposedly like a gall stone or something passed by an animal that is like with a shaman or something, and so there's like a spirit that's supposed to be attached to these stones or rare, but I guess they're like supposedly like good spirits. So if there's something negative that's like attached to you, they like respond. And so that's why he was like, it responded to something that's attached to you. So he's like that's her answer, and so I'm like, Okay, that was really that was really crazy. That was that was so weird. And so he's like he made me this like candle and I had all this stuff all over it. He told me I needed to break a mirror into shards. I had to like put it all on a white tablecloth and he's like light it and he's like, you know, just stare into the flame and just like whatever you feel like your element is, whether it's fire, wind or water or whatever. He's like, use that and like feel like you see it like made out of a sword, and you cut it, like you're cutting the connection between you and this thing, and like if you do that, then it will it'll lose the connection to you and it will get lost in the mirrors. And so I did that and honestly, it after that, it kind of just didn't I never, like I said, I haven't seen it in all those years. I didn't kind of feel like there was necessarily something following me. So I took that as maybe I got rid of it, or or it's maybe a little lost right now and can't find me.
Speaker 1: So well, when was that dream with the smiling guy?
Speaker 2: That was? Oh, that was a while after I saw it across the streets, So maybe a couple a few months or a year or two after that, So that probably happened like twenty eleven, twenty twelve or something.
Speaker 1: Well, I think he's gone. I think he's gone.
Speaker 2: I hope so.
Speaker 1: Well, So do you have another story that you could tell?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this one is probably like I have so many, Like I could probably be on here for hours.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll have to be back.
Speaker 2: But one, the other one that I would say is really it really meant something to me? I guess was so the apartment, like I said that I was living in when I moved to Chicago, My first apartment was definitely haunted, and you know, I'd seen like things like scratches on the walls. I would hear things and h one night I came home and my roommates to the two room once I had both said that they had experienced things or heard things or saw things, and we're like, yeah, there's something here. I don't know what it was. And so and one of my friends was like atheists, and she like did not believe in like anything, and so she was just like, I know, really normally don't believe in stuff like this, but there's just something here. And so one night I came home, I think from work or you know, from class or something, and it seemed like the apartment was empty, like no one was home, like I was the only one there, and so I just like all the lights were off, and it was kind of like turn into night. And so I turned on the kitchen light. And the way the department was set up was like right after you walk in, there's like a hallway and it goes right into a kitchen and the good and then it goes like right into the dining room with like a windows all in there. And so I turned that light on and I sat down to like eat, and when I did, I looked up and then the reflection of the window was a man standing in the like entryway of the kitchen, and I just like froze and I like looked, and I was like and I turned around and like, of course no one was there, but I thought, okay, well, maybe maybe someone was home. And so, you know, I get up, I go to look around. I'm like calling my roommate's names, and I'm like nothing. And that was the first time I like seen like a you know, a person or entity or anything in the apartment besides of course the cloach figure, which I felt was like it felt like they were two different things, right. And I also would have my record player would turn itself on at various times, like I would just wake up and I would hear music, and I would be like, what what is that? And I thought maybe he was like a neighbor. My windows were open, I'm hearing it from outside. But I would go into my living room and the record player would be turned on, playing like a jazz station.
Speaker 3: I was like that, oo, so what do we think, Like it's haunted by a man from me who.
Speaker 2: Loves jazz, right, what a perfect roommate. So then to shoot forward, I was at my one of my best friend's houses one night. We were all together hanging out and I was getting ready to leave, so I try to like hail a cab and everything, and I remember like getting one and the guy was asking me where I was going. He was really disgruntled and everything. And I tell him and he's like, oh, well, I'm not going that way. I'm going like north. So he just like, you gotta get out of my cab. I'm like what. And so I get out of his cab and I'm just kind of standing there and I have to like hail another cab, and so I get into this new cab and I'm talking to this guy. He's like an older guy, right, and he's very friendly and we start talking and I tell him where I'm going. He's like, oh, He's like that that sounds familiar. He's like, I'm pretty sure I lived in that building in like the early eighties. And I'm like, oh, well, that's that's a coincidence. That's kind of cool. And so we kept talking. He's like telling me, abow back in the early eighties in that area in Chicago was like a really rough place to live, and like he said that pizza delivery people like wouldn't even want to come because it was just so dangerous and stuff. And then he started talking about his roommate. And you could tell that when he talked about his roommate, like you could tell like they were very close, and he would talk about him like in the past sense, like he wasn't around anymore. And so I kind of like kind of pushed into that and I was like, well, what happened to your roommate And he's like, well, he came home one night and he died. He had a massive heart attack in the lobby and he died. And I'm like, oh, I'm really sorry. And then he kind of like paused and he was like, well, he wasn't just my roommate, he was my husband. And I was like, oh, wow, that's that's incredible, and I'm so sorry that, you know, you had that experience. And and I just something clicked and I'm just like, well, I'm not gonna lie, like I have been experiencing things in my apartment that I can't really explain, and you know, and I think I was like one of the things that's really weird is that my you know, record player will just come on by itself and it will just always play this jazz station he's like what. He's like he loved jazz, Like he loved jazz so much, and I'm like what. And we just kept talking and like I'm like, I don't know if you believe in like ghosts or anything like that, but I almost feel like he could possibly be in my unit. And he just starts crying. He's like, oh my god. He's like I believe you, like I think that that's what's happening. And he's like, will you tell him that? Like I miss him, I love him, you know, I'm doing okay, And then I start crying because I'm like, oh my god, like, what are the chances of me randomly getting kicked out of a cab to get into another cab of this guy who you still live in my building and whose partner had had died, you know, and he never really got to say his goodbyes. And so he's like, you know, telling me all these things he wants me to like tell him, and I'm you know, thinking, you know, I don't even know if this is really the same person, but okay, and so he like writes down his name and his number and he's like, if you experience anything or if anything else happens, please let me know, like I really want to know. So I'm like okay, and we part and I go back up to the space and on my apartment and I sit on my bed and I'm just like, hey, I think I might have met your partner, your husband, and he wanted me to tell you that he misses you, he loves you, and he's doing fine, he's doing good. And he just wanted me to tell you that. And after that happened, I never had anything else happen. Wow, stopped and I never saw anything, never heard anything, nothing.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I can't believe in that. I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't run my head around that coincidence, which many people say there's no such thing as coincidence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I especially after that, I'm prone to agree with that that you know, it just there's way too many variables that would have had to happen to make this occur, and they all fell into place, and you know, it happened, and it's that one has always stayed with me. And his name was Robbie, his husband, So I believe Robbie the ghost was literally in my apartment. Just I think, you know, just confused or sad or like he didn't get closure because you know, he never made it home that night, and so he didn't have a way to say goodbye. And I think he was just kind of looking for that, looking for some kind of closure or to know that his partner was Okay.
Speaker 3: I am joined by Claire in Portland.
Speaker 4: Hello Claire, what's up everybody?
Speaker 3: Thanks for doing this. So I want to hear about the ghost in Japan that you were telling me you're nervous about tell Now, why are you nervous about telling the story?
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, I don't entirely know. I'm not really like the type of person who is who welcomes this kind of thing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's just a.
Speaker 4: Little bit anxiety inducing because, like, for real, what if the spirit catches wind of me talking about this or listens to your podcast.
Speaker 3: I have so many ghost listeners it's insane.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, I hopefully they don't catch wind of this and like start haunting my current residence because again, like I'm not looking for this kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, what happened? Tell me the whole story?
Speaker 4: Big breath, deep breath. Yeah, it was in my early twenties and I moved to Japan because I you know, I did the whole teaching ESL thing when I was younger.
Speaker 1: You speak Japanese, I no, no, I do not.
Speaker 4: I mean I tried to, but people would respond in like perfect English. So I just gave up after like three living there. But but yeah, I taught English. I taught USL for a couple of years when I was in my early twenties. So I sort of hopped around all over the place.
Speaker 1: And one of the.
Speaker 4: Places that I taught ESL in was Gifu City in Japan. So it was a it was a really sweet gig actually, Like I got the job online and so I moved out to Japan and I get picked up by my boss, and it was just a really surreal situation. I like I landed in Japan in the middle of the night and he met me at the airport, and I was just so tired and so like, you know, it's kind of like you don't know what the fuck's going on, you know, when you're like in your early monies and you moved to Japan, it's just like what the fuck is that, you know, But like he picks me up from the airport, he starts driving me. We're like in the car for a really long time, and he just drives me to this house and that was where I was going to live while I worked there. And so it was kind of a surreal, like a said situation, because we pull up to the house and like right away it was just like this feels weird. It just felt kind of eerie. And so I get into the house and it's like, you know, it's it's late and there were all these other people living in the house, other teachers and also Japanese staff who worked at these schools, and so nobody was up and I was just told that, you know, I was supposed to go upstairs, that there was a room on the right, and that that was going to be my bedroom. So I get into the house and I get up to my room and it's a it's a traditional Japanese room, so it had a what are called to Tommy four matts, and I had a fluteon and so I get kind of settled in, feeling kind of weird about the whole situation, you know, but I get settled in, and for the next couple of days it was just I was just getting a foothold you know, like just kind of getting my bearings because you know, yeah, I didn't speak the language, didn't know anybody. So on the third night, this is where the story gets weird. On the third night, I go into my room, I close the door, and I turn off the light, and I lay down on my futon and I'm laying there just kind of staring up at the ceiling and I see this shadow move around the room like at lightning speed.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, Now was there a window that could have caused that?
Speaker 4: Or oh well, so there was a window, and the reason I could see the shadow was because there was moonlight coming in. But it looked like a figure was suddenly just just moved around like the walls as quickly as possible. Yeah, yeah, and it was, I mean it was. I was terrified. So I jump up off of the food tongue and I turned the light on and there's nothing there. And you know, I mean, again, this is the third night that I've been living here. I'm not going to go knock on one of my roommate's stores and be like, yo, I think there was a ghost in my room.
Speaker 3: You know, is that where your mind goes to a ghosts or did you think like someone was in there or mine.
Speaker 4: My mind immediately went to a ghost like it just if it was nothing like nothing I.
Speaker 2: Had ever seen before, you know, huh.
Speaker 4: So I leave the light on that night, right like, I lay back down the futon and I go to sleep and I wake up early, like it's dawn when I wake up, and there's blood.
Speaker 1: On my pill up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I feel something on my ear and I reach up to touch my ear, and it's like somebody has insized, like somebody hasn't cut the inside.
Speaker 2: Of my ear.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Yeah, yeah it was.
Speaker 4: You know, obviously it was like freaking out about this. But I mean again, I hadn't been there for very long, and so I didn't know who to talk to or you know, what I was supposed to do about the situation. So I come downstairs in one of the people who had been living in the house. I mean, he'd been living in Japan for a really long time and he had been living in the house for a while too, and I said, you know, I don't know what happened last night, something happened to my ear, And he was just like, oh, yeah, was it your third night?
Speaker 2: Was it a Tommy room.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, yeah, And so I said, yeah, I mean I guess it was my third night, and he was just like, yeah.
Speaker 2: It happens.
Speaker 1: What happens to the room?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I like it was. We really didn't even talk about it anymore after that. It was it was so unsettling, you know, because that was that was my room too, so.
Speaker 3: But so you just left it at that. He's like, yeah, that happens. You weren't like, what is it a ghost?
Speaker 2: No, you know, And that's.
Speaker 4: The weird thing about it, honestly, Pugin. I don't know if I just didn't want to know, I didn't want to, you know, or if I was just kind of still getting familiarized with this new place that I was living and I didn't, you know, I didn't want to like weared out my roommates and be the person who's like, I.
Speaker 2: Think the house is haunted.
Speaker 4: So I just yeah, I just kind of like left it at that. But you know, of course that's not where the story ends, because you know, as I, as I got more comfortable living in the house, and of course they became really fast good friends with a lot of the people who were living in the house. Everybody had had some kind of an experience, and so we sort of started to band together. And you know, really interestingly too, it was we were living in a small town and Gifa City is not a big town, especially by Japanese standards, and so there were people in our neighborhood who knew about this house and who believed that there was a spirit in the house. And so as I got to know my students who also I mean, it was a fabulous experience. Like I became really really good friends with all my students in Japan. And I had a couple of students, one in particular, who was a psychic, and I was telling her about the house and about that room in particular, and she was just like, yeah, you know, I think that you have a spirit, and I think that the spirit is in that room. And so, you know, she came over and she did a cleansing and she said, yeah, it's the Tatammy room is where the energy is, and so she did a cleansing ritual and she kind of gave us some advice on what we could do about it. But yeah, I mean, there were lots of experiences in that house that were extremely unsettling. Another time, I came home, and I just assumed that we had staff, Japanese speaking staff who were in the house because I've heard people upstairs speaking Japanese. And then one by one everybody came home and there was nobody up there. Yeah another time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh sorry, go ahead, I'm.
Speaker 4: Just gonna say another time. You know, we had these kind of sliding bamboo doors, and the house didn't have central heat, and so each room just had its own little space here. So we were really, you know, conscientious of conserving the heat. And so I was in the family room and I got up to go get my dinner, and I opened up the doors and I closed them behind me and started to walk towards the kitchen, and I just felt, yeah, I mean, you know that feeling where it was just like, uh, like somebody's staring at me, or somebody's looking at me. And it turned around and the doors were wide open.
Speaker 3: So when you would talk to the people in the house, what would they say, Well, like your other people living like the human people.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's funny because I was actually I was obviously thinking about coming on your show and thinking about the whole experience. I messaged my friend Gretchen, who also she lived in the house for you know, the same time. She was there at the same time that I was, and actually continued to live in the house a little bit longer after I left, and we were just, yeah, talking about what a what a spooky experience it was, because she too had a lot of pretty gnurly, you know, spooky experiences happened there, which you know, I mean, we became really good friends, but it was definitely a bonding thing where she would you know, what actually happened was I wanted to get out of that bedroom, like I just I knew that there was something in that bedroom, and so the minute that somebody moved out, I moved into their room. And the thing about this house was that it was I mean, it was huge. There were I can't even remember, like there were seven or eight bedrooms in it. So it was a really big house. And there was kind of the part of the house that was original, and that part was like two hundred, two hundred and fifty years old, the really old house, and then there were new additions, and so I moved downstairs into a part of the house that was really disconnected from the main portion of the house, and I didn't have any experiences down there, Like I was really comfortable down there. But my friend Gretchen, she was upstairs and there were several nights when she would come down to my room and ask if she could sleep with me in my room because she was scared.
Speaker 3: Now, when you moved out of that room, did somebody move in? And then you got to be the person after the third night that goes third night in the the domin.
Speaker 2: So we ended up.
Speaker 4: I think that there was kind of an unspoken understanding that nobody wanted that room, and so nobody moved into that room while I was living there. I was the last person to call it my bedroom for the duration of my stay in Japan. But one of the teachers who lived in the house, her brother, came to visit, and you know, I mean it was it the Toatmmi room had kind of become like a guest room, I guess at that point, and so her brother stayed in the Tatami room, and like it's I can't believe, I mean, it's just so bizarre. On the third night he he was staying in the Tatammi room, and I honestly, I don't know how else to describe it. I mean, I think he was possessed. He just out of the blue, out of the blue. It was late at night, and out of the blue, this guy opens up the window in the Tatammi room and just starts screaming out into the night about how he hates Japan, fucked Japan. And he was really, I mean like just losing it, really really agitated.
Speaker 2: Out of the blue.
Speaker 4: He had gone into that room perfectly fine, and then suddenly.
Speaker 2: Everybody in the house woke up to him screaming out.
Speaker 4: The window, and he was so agitated that there was concern he was actually going to try to jump out of this window. So sister, yeah, his sister ran up there and tried to calm him down.
Speaker 3: It's so creepy to think that, like the ghosts knows it's the third night, like like that that means that they're watching the first night. Okay, just two more nights and then one more night and then okay, showtime, baby. Like that is so creepy. And I've never heard anything like like the ear thing.
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 4: I don't know, And I think that that's part of you know, I've like I've I've thought about it a lot over the years, and I've told the story to you know, I've told the story here and there, but every time, yeah, it just like it really does. It concerns me, you know, because it was I was like, did I get marked?
Speaker 1: You know, it sounds very dangerous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I know, it's it's I can't believe it happened, to be honest. And you know, so this is one of those things where it's just like, I'm not trying to invite this shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, no, you're sife. Don't worry that they're not listening. When the student did the cleansing, did did that help?
Speaker 4: I think you put my mind at ease a little bit because she basically said that, you know, it was it was a negative energy. I mean, Japan has a lot of really interesting kind of spiritual and metaphysical beliefs. A lot of the people who live in Japan do it. And so she was basically just like, you know, the ghost probably doesn't want to hurt you, but they do need to be told to go away from you. They do need to be told to that you're unable to help them. And so when she did the cleansing ritual, you know what she did is she she mounded some salt in a sake cup, and she put it in front of the door, in front of the door at the Tommy room, and she advised us that if we were feeling, you know, scared, or were feeling like we were being followed by the ghosts, that we could take a bath in stake as well, and that would alleviate some of the fear. But that if we felt like we came face to face with the spirit or with the energy or that ghost or whatever you won't call it, that we should say that we couldn't help it and to please go away. And so I had one experience where I came into the house, you know, like I said, the room that I ultimately moved into was detached from the main structure of the house, and so I had to walk through a courtyard to get to the bathroom. So I walked through the courtyard to get to the bathroom late at night, and I went to close the door to the bathroom, and you know, when you when you looked out of the bathroom, you basically just looked straight up into this dark hallway and then up a flight of stairs. It were a really ominous kind of view and So I walked in the bathroom, went to close the door, and it was it felt like somebody was standing there and I just kind of froze for a moment, and then I said, you know, I'm really sorry, I can't help you. Please go away, And it felt like this this energy just evaporated.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, what's good to know that that works.
Speaker 2: Right after that, I was kind of like that maybe I can.
Speaker 4: Hand you know, maybe I can handle this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And so how long ago was this?
Speaker 4: This would have been in two thousand, Wow, it would have been two thousand five or two thousand and six.
Speaker 3: Oh see, ghost or human from two thousand and five does not know how to use a podcast. They're not listening.
Speaker 2: We relief ross.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, because I'm very concerned. I'm like, I don't want this girl was to come back. What do you think about it? Like if you were like back to the future style came like time traveled from two thousand and five, you'd be like, are you talking about like radio? No, it's like something that a drag queen can do from her couch and talk to somebody in Portland about a Japanese coat. They wouldn't know what we were talking about ladies and gentlemen. I am joined by Paul from Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good?
Speaker 3: How are you so good? Okay, you have got some ghost stories. Where do we begin?
Speaker 5: Well, I guess since it's Christmas time, I want to tell a little Christmas ghost story.
Speaker 4: Love that.
Speaker 1: Oh, you know, that's that's such a tradition.
Speaker 3: You know, people don't tell ghost stories like they used to, but historically that was like a thing people did on Christmas Eve is tell ghost stories.
Speaker 1: And I love that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's also it's kind of a sweet one, so it's nice to start with that before we get into the really spooky ones.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So well, just a.
Speaker 5: Little backstory about my grandmother, who this story is about. She loved Christmas. I love Christmas and she would always tell this the story about when she was a little girl.
Speaker 2: She would.
Speaker 5: She wasn't like a theatrical person like myself, but she was in a little in a little Christmas show and had a poem that she had to read when she was like real tiny, and she would read she would recite the poem. Even though you know she's in her seventies and eighties and all that, she still remembered it would recite it. She had like a print of it framed that she got at Christmas time. Wow, and it went, what can I give him poor as I am. If I was a shepherd, I'd bring a lamb. If I was a wise man, I'd do my part. What can I give him? Give him my heart? And so in twenty sixteen she passed away. And you know, she was older, fairly conservative, and was not real happy about the fact that I was gay, and was invited to our wedding but did not come. Sent a letter the only person who didn't come who sent me a letter sort of explaining, you know, it's because of her faith and her belief, you know, in God and those sorts of things that she didn't want to come to my wedding, which had created sort of you know, a strain there, and that you know, there's just certain things that I couldn't tell her. So after she passed away the first Christmas, because it was in fall, it was late October, the first Christmas, I am putting together a new Christmas playlist. I decided that I wanted to throw on sort of do a collection sort of Lilith Fair type artist, you know, some torri amos, some jewel that kind of vibe. And I was like, oh, that's right. The Indigo Girls have a Christmas album. Let me just pick a couple of songs, throw it on the playlist. If I don't like them, I'll just take them off. So I am, you know, starting to decorate, and I get out these ornaments that she had crochete for me and given me for Christmas years before. I'm hanging these ornaments and the Indigo Girls song comes on and it's in the bleak midwinter, and I did not realize until it started playing that the third verse is that poem, her poem that she.
Speaker 2: Loves so much.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: And so the song starts playing and I'm like, wait, I know these words, I know this story, and like I just get this tingle and I'm holding these Christmas balls that she crocheted, and the song comes on and it felt like a message like she was like I get it now to hear like these lesbian folk icons sing the same waves that she had. It felt like a message from her that she understood better whatever happens after we die, you know, she understood, you know, sort of being gay is okay.
Speaker 1: So wow.
Speaker 3: Or is it possible that she was secretly a big fan of the Indigo Girls this whole time?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean that's possible.
Speaker 5: I mean she Yeah, everybody loves a little lesbian folk icon, you.
Speaker 1: Know, so or she was one of their songwriters.
Speaker 3: Well maybe attributed she contributed a verse. Wow, that's amazing though, God, that would be so crazy about and you're.
Speaker 1: Like, wait a minute, Grandma, Oh my god, yeah cool.
Speaker 5: So so that one's like that one was just kind of a sweet and of course, you know it's it could be a coincidence. You know, you can explain that away, but like it if I could feel it, like in my soul that there was like a connection there.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's so sweet. That's so nice to get that, that confirmation. I think that's that seems like the fear that you probably got surrounding that were probably really confirmed that for you.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, and I had my dad passed away when I was sixteen before I came out, and I'd seen a psychic and I kind of just asked like, did he know does he know now? Wherever he is now? And she was like she was like, he he gets it. He doesn't have a problem with it. Like he understands. So it was kind of that same vibe of like, you know, after you die, things are you know clearer, you know, so well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like you're so wrapped up in the human just every day material, human shit, and I think that it seems like that just goes away, and it's like, oh, it's more about our souls and the bigger picture. M yeah, wow, okay, now tell me spook you one.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: So this when I was in the first grade, I think the summer before I went into first grade, so I was like six. We moved into a older brick house that was a duplex, so it was like two houses connected by a wall, and there was some weird stuff that started happening. Like I was little, so like my memories are a little bit hazy, but based on the stories my parents would would tell me, you know, kind of piecing together what happened there, we would have like stuff would suddenly come, like in the summertime, suddenly come flying out of the heat events like they had turned on and stuff would move. The really creepy moment was we my sister, who was little like two years old, was upstairs by herself and was going to walk down the steps and somebody pushed her even though she was up there by herself. And you know that's just spooky.
Speaker 1: Uki, Yeah, a two year old, you said.
Speaker 5: Yes, oh no, And and this isn't like supernatural.
Speaker 2: It was just weird.
Speaker 5: The sister that was younger than her, who was like a like a newborn less than year old, that same sister, the two year old climbed up and pushed her off of the changing table. And you know, obviously you know that wasn't a ghost that did that, but like what two year old just goes around pushing their baby sister off of things? Like you know, just there was weird vibes like that. And I have a distinct memory of being like in the living room by myself and getting kicked up and thrown oh and that that's like I it was weird because like I had a memory of it, like someone must have picked me up, and it's sort of like recovered, like no, there was no one else there, Like I was picked up by nothing and thrown across the living room.
Speaker 1: Did you get hurt?
Speaker 5: Not that I regard, Like I've never had a broken bone or anything like that. So it wasn't like enough to like damage me, but you know, it's still pretty scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I.
Speaker 5: Like, I don't know what all else may have happened at that house, because like, those are the things that I like witnessed or was told to Some of them were told to me later. But so I'm in first grade and I come home from school one day and my grandfather is at the door and he's like, yeah, you guys moved, And my mom was just like, I've had enough. I can't stand this haunted house. We are leaving, and we moved in with my grandparents for a while. And by the time, like I was old enough to ask her questions she had She has a history of mental illness and actually had to have lecture of show therapy in the nineties, and so like her memories of that time in the house are real fragmented. So she's like, I don't know, maybe I was just crazy. I'm like maybe, but we all remember some of that shit, so it wasn't just you, you know.
Speaker 1: Wow, Oh that's so scary. It sounds so violent. Eugh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And we because we were there for less than a year, because we moved in that summer and we're out by I don't know exactly when, but it would have been like late winter, early spring, so it wasn't even a full year that we were.
Speaker 1: In this house. Do you have another one?
Speaker 5: Well, my husband is uh, has a little bit of the gift. He doesn't like it, doesn't want it, but he will hear things and see things.
Speaker 2: And I've the weird thing.
Speaker 5: Is like I've always been like, not skeptical, but kind of like, well, is there another explanation?
Speaker 2: Are you sure of what's happened? That kind of vibe.
Speaker 5: But he one of our apartments, the first apartment we lived in together, he would hear like voices call his name when he was home by himself, and like the dog would hear them too. But I never really experienced those things until the house we live in now. When we first moved in, my sister and her son were living here as well, and after they moved out, which was this past spring, right before everything went crazy here, we started. He started before I did. He would see like shadows like in the doorways, like something was like peeking around the door at us, and he didn't want to say anything, I guess because I'm a little skeptical. And finally he was like I don't know, Like I just I thought I saw something, and my sister was all like I used to see the same thing, and I didn't want to say anything. So it's like concentrated, like kind of is the side of the house where the bedrooms are where like he would see these shadowy things, like peek out through the doorways. He'd be because we don't smoke, he doesn't. He smokes, but he doesn't smoke in the house, so he'd be out on the porch smoking and then be all like, did you go into the bedroom for something?
Speaker 2: Like it's a weird time a.
Speaker 5: Day for you to be in the bedroom. We're like no, and he's like, well, it looks like something was moving around in the bedroom. And then so I was like, Okay, I don't want to say it didn't happen, but you know, we live on a busy street. There's literally a burger king next door to us. You know, it could be just you know, the headlights or whatever. Like I'm trying to come up with other explanations, just kind of partially not to freak myself out. But then the one day I was out in the kitchen and I'd been like doing dishes, or something, and so i'd just sit down for a second, take a breather, you know, browse TikTok, and I and like I felt him walk past me and go down into the basement like he was gonna do laundry. And so then after a bit, I'm like, why is he coming back up? Like it takes like five minutes to if the laundry started, And I got to poke my head down and no one's down there. And so then I walk out into the living room when he's ou out here and he's out on the porch smoking, and I'm like, did you go down and do laundry. He's like, no, I'm down in the basement all day. So I'm like, I don't know what walked past me because I didn't like see it, like as like a figure was out of the corner of my eye. But I saw movement come into the kitchen and then go into the basement.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: So with him having the gift, does he have any insight into what's going on?
Speaker 5: Not really like he he tends to see things more, but he doesn't get like communication or like feelings about what these these things are. It tends to be more like he'll see things that no one else is seeing, you know, movements and figures and that sort of thing. So yeah, so he has no idea. The house is about one hundred years old. So I tried googling the addresses to see if something came up, but nothing did. But yeah, so we don't know a whole lot besides that. We just we see these figures and it's just the two of us.
Speaker 1: So how do you feel about that?
Speaker 3: Like, do you do you feel like you might want to get someone in there and ghostbust it.
Speaker 5: Or at the moment, it doesn't, it doesn't bother to me too much because they're like leaving us alone. Because in the meantime, I've had I've had another situation where I kind of felt like it was going on to the basement. We've had the basement door kind of creak open and creaked shut on us, so that it's like it's it's spooky, creepy, but it's not like dangerous feeling. So at the moment, it's kind of like, leave well enough alone and hope it leaves us alone.
Speaker 1: I guess just coexist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god, Well, Paul, these are some good ones.
Speaker 1: I mean, are there other ones or.
Speaker 5: That's pretty much it of things that I okay experience. Yeah, you know, like I said, it's nothing's like a full like narrative arc of like. And then we discovered that a little girl died in the attic, you know kind of stories. It's just like weird shit just follows me around apparently.
Speaker 1: Well, but you're currently living in a narrative.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so you let me know when you find out that there's a little girl buried in the attic or whatever.
Speaker 5: I will.
Speaker 2: I will definitely let you know.
Speaker 1: But I hope not. I've been ghosted too. Special.
Speaker 3: Thank you to Ryan, Claire and Paul, and if you want just a little more of them, head on over to patreon dot com slash ros dres false and you can find some bonus clips of me talking to Ryan and Paul. I cannot stop thinking about Claire's ear bleeding as the result of a ghost, and then I started thinking, Okay, the only time I've ever had blood on my ear was when I got my ears pierced at wait for it, Claire's at the Mall at the Glendale Galleria. I went to Claire's and they pierced my ears and it only I mean it bled just a little tiny bit, but still I was thinking about that and I'm like, wait, but we just heard that story from Claire. Is there a connection there? Am I onto something? Was it the ghost of somebody that worked at Claire's?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 3: That's it for twenty twenty in terms of ghosted Listen, we still got things going on in this world, but when it comes to me on this podcast, that's the end of it for this year. Unless you go to Patreon dot com sash while as dressful Less and hear those two little episodes so that I'm going to be doing there next week and New Year's Eve. If you are looking for some holiday presents for your loved ones that love this show, you could go to cameo dot com slash Roz dress Fales and get a personal video of me saying hello, Happy holidays and I love doing those. And another thing you could do is get some of my merch. We've got the pins, the enamel pins, we've got the tote bags, the t shirts, the stickers, and all of that can be found in my link in my bio on Instagram which is at Roz dress Falaise. Please rate this show five stars. On Apple Podcasts. And if you have a ghost story, you could leave it in a five star review, or you could just write something nice about me. We've got the Facebook group called ghosted by Roz dress False. And you know what, I hope that you have a wonderful holiday season, whatever you celebrate, or if you don't celebrate anything, I hope you just have a nice, safe, happy time. And you know, if you celebrate Christmas, I hope that a large man breaks into your house and eats your cookies and gives you gifts. I'll talk to you in twenty twenty one. I love you all, both living and dead.
Speaker 1: But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me.
Speaker 5: Came back
Speaker 1: Star, a podcast network