Speaker 1: Hey there, folks.
Speaker 2: It is Thursday, February twelfth. He is five nine or five ten with an average build. That is the description of the suspect now and the kidnapping of Nancy Guthrie. Welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ Breaking News episode. We did not think we'd be hopping on, but significant enough updates in this case robe that we thought we should jump on.
Speaker 1: So yes, we should start with that.
Speaker 2: The FBI, it's not that specific, but it's something they're using that surveillance video, those images from the front porch, and now they are putting out a description of somebody they think is the one who can solve this case.
Speaker 3: That's correct, and they this makes sense. They had a white tent they put up this morning on Nancy Guthrie's front porch and it looks like they were They have very accurate tools, they say, to be able to get the angles of where the do where camer was and actually do measurements, and they said they're pretty precise. So they feel confident that they have this suspect's height down within an inch five nine to five ten.
Speaker 2: That's pretty remarkable, it is, butbes the statement they put out, we'll share we at the FBI statement. They put it put online first of all, saying that the reward has increased us another headline we'll tell you about. But they say new identifying details about the suspect and the kidnapping of Nancy Guthrie have been confirmed after a forensic analysis of the doorbell camera footage by the FBI's Operational Technology Division. The suspect is described as a male five nine to five ten and just tall with an average build. In the video, he was wearing a black twenty five leader Ozark trail hiker pack backpack. And that's all we got. Now, the most specific thing here, robes is the backpack. A five to ten average build guy, that's me.
Speaker 4: That's just about everybody. You're a little taller than that. But yes, it's nice.
Speaker 2: Get My point is, it's not that distinctive in the description, but the backpack is specific.
Speaker 3: Yes, the backpack is specific, and it has reflective bands on basically the straps, and so that sets it apart. And because it's reflective, they could actually see it. And they're looking for that backpack in other videos, in other potential surveillance videos, and they are asking now neighbors to go back in time because they think it's possible this man could have been perhaps scoping out the area, maybe planned his route, maybe did some test runs. So they're actually asking neighbors to go back even further a month.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're asking them to go back a month.
Speaker 2: If you got anything from January one on, let us know. So they're looking for that enrolled we should mention as well. But they are looking into it. There is a video they have acknowledged authorities. We just looked at the video it is circulating that shows. Please tell me how far back this went if you can remember. But there's a video surveillance video that seems to show a guy which you can't tell what he's doing, but he has a backpack. He's about a mile and a half away from her home, and this was maybe weeks ahead of time. But it's circulating online and raising some questions.
Speaker 3: Correct, And that is why they have asked actually footage from anyone who may have video Onary January eleventh, between nine pm and midnight and January thirty first, between nine thirty and eleven, because they know something that maybe there was someone wearing that backpack, someone who fit that description that may have been seen in the area on those two dates. So they're actually asking neighbors to go back to those two dates and go through all their footage.
Speaker 4: That is pretty remarkable, and the specificity is hopeful.
Speaker 3: I would think that they have a lead that they have enough information on that they can be that specific.
Speaker 2: Well they're so is this amazing? How much help they are begging the public for? It's incredible.
Speaker 1: Robes.
Speaker 2: You know what this has a lot to do with. There are no cameras out there, there are no people around. She's out that houses out in the middle of nowhere. This is a totally different situation. But yes, this is where we are now. They're asking for everybody's help. The other major headline today why the hell is wh why is TMZ getting more ransom notes and demands and potential kidnappers and whatever else than anybody else They've gotten another note?
Speaker 3: Well, I think perhaps because maybe they've been public about it, so whoever is contacting them knows that it's getting to them and it's getting attention, and whether it's attention or actually action that they're looking for, they i think have recognized that it's producing results. And so yes, TMZ, we told you about this morning, the first video or excuse me, the first ransom note.
Speaker 4: I guess that was the second ransom note. Now this is another note.
Speaker 2: Let's get this straight. They got two ransom notes from potential kidnappers. Now, the last two notes I've gotten is from one who said I want money and I'll tell you who the kidnapper is. Those are the last two emails they've got. The second one, they're saying ropes they got today this morning, Thursday. Yeah, they're on the West coast and they're sharing the details and they're saying this one is now his words, Harry Levin's.
Speaker 4: Words, chilling, that's very disturbing.
Speaker 3: Yes, this one came to them around eleven am Eastern time, I think eight am Pacific time today Thursday. And what Harvey Levin was able to tell us is that in this second email, the person who sent it was complaining saying, I am not being taken seriously. And then he says, Harvey Levin says, this person who emailed them makes some ominous statements. They're cooperating with law enforcement by not giving us those specific details that are so ominous, so chilling. But he said the situation has changed from what we told you on Wednesday from this email to what we now know on Thursday what that means, and he explained why this person is asking for one bitcoin, which this seam's strange.
Speaker 1: This seems strange. One bitcoin.
Speaker 2: It looks well, the past several days has been around sixty five, sixty six sixty seven thousand dollars. That in the grand scheme of things, doesn't seem like a whole lot. But this person claims that they need this money because they want to lay low, that they're going to become a national rat quote unquote, yes, a national rat, and they're gonna need to go away for a little while, and they're gonna need some money. This is the argument that they're making.
Speaker 1: Robes.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You're not a nation. I don't know what the dynamic is here. You're telling me you can end this family and this country's nightmare. Give me sixty seven grand first robes.
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 4: Yeah mean, give me one bitcoin.
Speaker 3: In addition to being afraid of retaliation for being a rat for I guess exposing the kidnapper, the writer or the author of the sema also told TMC that he's afraid he might be incriminated like that Carlosky. That was, of course the DoorDash delivery man who was detained, questioned and then released.
Speaker 4: So obviously he's following the news. He knows what's going on.
Speaker 3: But it's interesting now that he's asking for this one bitcoin to lay low. And now we have the FBI now saying, hey, if you have information that leads to the arrest of someone or to the whereabouts of Nancy Guthrie, you're looking at one hundred grant double.
Speaker 1: They have doubled. This is what they've done today as well.
Speaker 2: Other headline double the reward was that to increase tips possible? Was that to give a nod to this person, like, dude, come on, we're offering more money for the reward then you're even asked. I don't know if that was to send a signal to this guy, but rhaps it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: And I know there's a process and.
Speaker 2: Sometimes that money you don't get it until somebody's actually arrested and goes to the legal process.
Speaker 1: You don't get it immediately, That's what I say. So maybe they're.
Speaker 2: Thinking that I don't but this doesn't make any None of this makes sense.
Speaker 3: None of this makes sense, and what is perhaps even more chilling with all of that, this second email from this same person, Harvey Levin, said that he his email with basically a threat.
Speaker 4: This is his final attempt to.
Speaker 3: Help, that is what he said, like, this is it, This is my last offer to help. And TMZ has been checking and they said at this point, no money or bitcoin has been deposited into his account.
Speaker 4: I don't know how bitcoin works transactionally.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know that you could see if someone has more or less.
Speaker 4: That's weird.
Speaker 3: That's kind of creepy to think that you can look and see what someone's bank activity is when it comes to cryptocurrency.
Speaker 4: But apparently that's the case.
Speaker 2: The address, I guess that's like your account number. But yeah, this doesn't make sense. I am so either way, it's awful. If this person is just playing a prank and trying to take advantage.
Speaker 1: That's terrible.
Speaker 2: If this person actually does know what's going on and where Nancy Guthrie is and you're holding this family hostage even further, that is again, I try to leave space for whatever is going on in this person's life. I try to leave space that there might be a reason for fear, for fear of retaliation of the kidnapper. There might be I try to leave space for ropes if you can end this, and you're not because you want one bitcoin.
Speaker 1: That is hard to understand.
Speaker 4: It's hard to stomach.
Speaker 1: That's hard to stomach.
Speaker 3: It's hard to stomach, and especially with the urgency that we now know this eighty four year old woman has been missing.
Speaker 4: Now, I mean, I can't even believe that this is twelve days now, correct.
Speaker 1: Gonna be almost two full weeks, my goodness, in a couple, two fool weeks.
Speaker 2: And this is the woman that they came out on day one and said, we need to find her in twenty four hours because if you doesn't have this medicine, she could die.
Speaker 1: It could be fatal.
Speaker 2: And now they've gotten settled into an investigation, almost like send in the tips, what's the next thing, No press briefings. It's like they've settled in and tried to solve some long drawn out mystery. When this is a matter of urgent life or death. This has taken a different turn. We do want to tell you we heard from Savannah Guthrie again today will tell you what she says, said a sweet poignant and really a heartbreaking video.
Speaker 1: She posted stay here all right?
Speaker 2: Well continue here on, Amy and TJ. Just wanted to hop on and give you a quick update and it was worthy. We usually don't usually Rose put one up this late. That does it rise to the level? Should we update, folks? And yes, we have enough updates on the Savannah Guthries mom missing Mom's story. A new note that TMZ has received from someone saying they know the kidnapper, but they want one bitcoin.
Speaker 1: That's the update.
Speaker 2: Another that the reward has doubled to one hundred thousand dollars and the FBI has now using that surveillance video, have come up with a description of the suspect, a male five nine to five to ten with an average bill.
Speaker 1: What did you think, Rose?
Speaker 2: We heard from Savannah Guthrie again, but this is not the same type of video we seen before with her face there and saying please help, And this was totally she sent.
Speaker 1: How did this feel to you?
Speaker 3: She is trying, as she has with her siblings from the beginning, to humanize her mother. She is trying to appeal to whoever may have information, maybe not even the kidnapper themselves, but someone who knows who took their mom or who has their mom and so yes, she put out a nostalgic video from childhood showing basically just what it was like.
Speaker 4: Her as a little girl.
Speaker 3: Her sister is a little girl, her brother is a little boy, her mom is younger, and just this young mother who has you know, her three children around her. And yeah, it was. It was incredibly moving. I would say, you know, you are taken back in time. I think everybody has a video that looks like these videos that Savannah put up. Everyone can relate to that feeling, that nostalgic feeling of family. And in the caption, she said, our lovely mom, we will never give up on her.
Speaker 4: Thank you for your prayers and.
Speaker 1: Hope maybe I took it. I didn't.
Speaker 2: I don't think she intended this, but it just felt like a tribute, you know, it just it It.
Speaker 4: Was My mind didn't go there.
Speaker 3: My mind was she was desperate to humanize her mom, like, see, this is my mom and we love her, and you have a mom like this, and you know what these videos are like, and please help us.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 1: Jesus chried. I just thought about Kobe Bryant's daughter.
Speaker 2: In this situation where you only see someone in a picture as a victim.
Speaker 1: Right, we can read.
Speaker 2: I've read for a long time that she's an eighty four year old mother with health issues. But when you see her moving, when you see her alive, you see her I say, alive, and that not suggesting she's dead. I'm saying you see her more than just a freeze frame and that's all we've seen. We see her interacting, And yes, I say it reminded me of Kobe Bryant's daughter died with him in that helicopter crash.
Speaker 1: I was at his funeral.
Speaker 2: We saw all these pictures of his daughter, all these pictures, but then at the funeral they had videos rolling of her. I broke down because you find it was humanizing and wow, you're seeing this human being. And to your point, Robes, I see Nancy Guthrie different today than I have into two weeks we've been covering it because of that vision.
Speaker 4: She was brought to life. You're right for everybody, and you see her vibrancy, you see her.
Speaker 3: The fact that she's alive and vibrant and a mother, and you just feel like fighting for information to keep her alive because there she is alive on this video.
Speaker 1: Hey, that was a good move.
Speaker 2: And I say that in that robe, it pulls at you a little differently. It's a mystery. We're curious, we're even frustrated. Now you see that, and you're almost resilient yourself connected. You're like, okay, let's go figure, let's go get this lady home.
Speaker 1: Kind of a thing.
Speaker 2: So seeing that, and you're adding to Rope, what the what is this person doing with the one bitcoin?
Speaker 1: How can you?
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, if just you can't braby for one bitcoin? If you know who this kidnapper is and you're sitting on it negotiating for a bitcoin, I don't believe it.
Speaker 1: Let me just say that out loud. I actually don't.
Speaker 4: It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: It doesn't. But nobody's sitting around you.
Speaker 2: I have a hard time believing there's somebody out there who actually knows and wants one bitcoin.
Speaker 3: Yes, because they want it right away, they want to deposit it in their account. And I think your point is, yes, if they were to go through the proper channels and get the FBI reward, even if it is nearly double the amount they're asking for, there would be a lot of time and red tape in order for them to actually get their hands on.
Speaker 2: But I am going with humanity a little bit in faith that there's not somebody out there doing this that knows they can solve the crime and is going to continue to put the family through it for one bitcoin. I'm going to say this is a hoax and that's going to help me sleep a little better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think that that's probably more likely than not help. So I think it's more likely than not because also think about this. Obviously, if you're going to the FBI and you've got this vital information and you're saying you're afraid of retaliation, they'll probably make sure you're good until this person is arrested, and they'll make sure you're safe. I would Maybe that's naive of me, but I would absolutely think that there are protections in place or they have the resources to make sure his fears are.
Speaker 4: Relief.
Speaker 2: Hold out hope that there's not somebody out there willing to continue to put the family through this for one bitcoin, and this is somebody trying to take advantage. That's awful too, But I'm holding on to that robes Again, this is a we did not expect to be doing this update, but this is a story you all certainly are, but we are keeping a very close eye on. It's not even by the hour anymore, it's almost minute by minute that we're looking for these updates as always top right corner of your Apple podcast app where you see our show page as a button there that says follow click that you can always get our updates coming to you. There are plenty of breaking news updates these days. We will keep you posting on this from folks, We always appreciate you spending some time with us on TJ. Holmes on behalf of my dear Amy Robot Talks