Speaker 1: And we got double the fun for you. Today.
Speaker 2: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning and we got two classic second dates back back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: People, people are really.
Speaker 1: Enjoying the longer version of this, of course segment.
Speaker 2: But a reminder, if you didn't watch Young Jeffrey's song on YouTube, you need to.
Speaker 1: You're missing out, especially if you love Disney, like who doesn't. Are the Disney haters, Oh.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of them, Brook culture Disney has.
Speaker 1: Maybe the universal fans.
Speaker 2: If you're a Disney hater, log on and you can just comment away how disgusted.
Speaker 1: You are with Jeffrey. That's fine too.
Speaker 2: YouTube at Brook and Jeffrey, and we always start with the comment, what do you like Alexis?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Joshua Irwin said, I've listened for about nine years now, Brook and jeff you guys are awesome.
Speaker 1: Not you, Alexis, You're awful. I know Alexis doesn't like compliments. They didn't out of love. Yeah, they know me and I appreciate that, Joshua, I've never seen her so receptive. Compliment. Yeah, it's really good. Your double classic second dates start right now.
Speaker 5: If you end a sentence by saying quote not in a creepy way? Does that ever make it better?
Speaker 2: Why are you laughing, ladies, I'm not laughing in a creepy way.
Speaker 5: For example, I walked into a seven eleven and I looked at the hot dog case, not in a creepy way.
Speaker 2: That was a fine sentence before you kept talking the dog.
Speaker 5: And that's what one of our listeners did on the phone today while describing portions of his date. You tell us off him saying that makes it any better? In your second date update right after this second date update date. If you've ever gone fishing, rule number one is go where the.
Speaker 2: Fish are, usually some type of body of water.
Speaker 5: It's a good place to start.
Speaker 1: Fishing on dry land. No, not good.
Speaker 7: Before you start.
Speaker 4: Ja.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a lot of people don't even put that first though. They're more worried about baiting their hook, polishing their lure, making it look all sexy with lipstick and body glitter. I just know. Our listener Colin said that his dating strategy is to go where the fish are, that's and apply lipstick later. Okay, so Colin, happy to have you. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: I'm so confused.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Colin's here to help.
Speaker 5: Yes, Colin you're the fishing expert. How you doing, dude?
Speaker 8: Hey doing? All right? Are you guys?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 7: So when you say, hey, Jeff, go attract the fish, you don't mean put lipstick on the lure.
Speaker 8: Right, I've never tried it. We'll put it those.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, you said you mentioned you want to go where the fish are when it comes to the dating world. What do you mean by that?
Speaker 8: You know, I am active in the dating community. We'll say, I like meeting a lot of ladies and taking risks.
Speaker 2: Okay, but where are you taking such risks?
Speaker 8: Am going out of my comfort zone? And I started going to bar classes.
Speaker 1: Like b A r R E Bar b A.
Speaker 7: R R E.
Speaker 5: Oh I thought it was bar. No, is there an accent over the e.
Speaker 1: It's just bar.
Speaker 2: But it's it's like it's kind of like pilates, but it's more of a dance background.
Speaker 1: My mom loves it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's an exercise class.
Speaker 5: Okay. It's mostly women that go to those. It not a lot of guys.
Speaker 1: Literally have never seen a dude in our class.
Speaker 8: Okay, it's where the ladies are.
Speaker 5: Okay. Well, as one of the only guys in the class, do you feel like the women there maybe respect you more.
Speaker 8: Well, I don't know if the women like respected me, they just laugh. I don't know. I got a little of both.
Speaker 2: I need to tell you, if you tell them that you're there to hit on other women, they're gonna kick you out.
Speaker 3: You didn't advertise that when you went no, no, you don't say the quiet part out loud, you know, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right? How did you parlay this bar class into a date?
Speaker 8: So one of the women I met was Clarice, and I was getting a lot of lass from her. I will be honest, I didn't even know what I was doing. Some of the stretches were it's a very you know, it's harder than anything. Yeah, but I tried to get on her same class schedule and basically anytime she was going to be class. You know, I can't believe you're here.
Speaker 1: How did you find something out like that?
Speaker 8: Trial in her?
Speaker 5: Okay, break into her cell phone. Eventually you'll get the pass work every Wednesday she's here.
Speaker 1: So you're putting some energy into meeting Clarice.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm in good shape now, I'll tell you that.
Speaker 7: You know, it's funny Brook shows up to work every day, Jeffrey, you know, gets a look.
Speaker 5: I know she's always coming into the studio the same time I'm coming into the studio. Okay, continue, So okay, you were so you were going to the same classes as Clarice was for many days many we How did that work?
Speaker 8: She didn't seem totally grossed out by me, so eventually disastered around and we went to an escape room together.
Speaker 5: Oh that's a unique day. You really got to be both into it.
Speaker 2: Just you too, But you can book it just you two, I'm assuming.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, it's fun. You know, it's we got out, you know, quicker than I thought we would. I mean, I saved most of the clues for us.
Speaker 5: We did.
Speaker 1: Did she to escape you the whole time?
Speaker 5: I want to solve the puzzles, if you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: We're having a good time. But also there's a camera in there, and you know.
Speaker 1: You can't, like you can't stand there when they start sending the clues.
Speaker 5: You're right, and it's competitive. You have a time limit too. But it is dark and like the lights are kind of like flickery and romantic inside the room, and that is not wrong.
Speaker 1: Empire one a helicopter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is like the Vinci code teamed or whatever, maybe not quite as romantic. So you guys escaped and then what then she stopped reaching out?
Speaker 5: You know, wait wait wait did.
Speaker 1: Shrieks or anything? Did she talk? That sounds like she escaped out a different exit than you.
Speaker 5: Exit?
Speaker 8: No? No, no, no, so like that they ended well, right we you know, guys in front of her seld clues in escape room, I was flectioning physically and mentally and everything, and I thought it was doing good. And now I'm you know, I'm not hearing back from her.
Speaker 5: Was there any romantic feeling after?
Speaker 1: This is a really good date for small talk.
Speaker 5: Were you able to establish some sort of romantic connection with her?
Speaker 8: It could be flirty, you know, looking for clues together like Doorley Explore, you know, like, oh, oh no, I dropped the magnifying glass over here.
Speaker 5: You know, I found one of the keys. But guess which pocket is? Most people don't think romance and or the Explorer for yourself.
Speaker 1: Have you not seen her at bar class?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: Not not lately I've been trying to, you know, figure out what classes she's going to and like not a creepy way.
Speaker 2: But like, and now she's I feel like anytime you say something and then follow it with not in a creepy.
Speaker 1: Way, it's always a creepy a little bit of a red flash.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's okay, because we're gonna come back and do your second date update, call her not in a creepy way and get you guys to go out with your second date update right after this hold on second date update. Some guys try to pick up women at the bar, but our listener Colin, he picks up women at the bar as in the exercise class geared towards women, and he was the only dude in there. Kept going to the same classes as a girl named Clarice, who he took a liking to. Clearly, those three pound weight lunge is impressed her because she agreed to a date with him at an escape room. Just the two of the do.
Speaker 1: Not make fun of those three pounds. You will be shaking and sweating, and.
Speaker 5: My god, I'm shaking in fear just thinking about it. But the two of them solved the puzzle together and that was basically it. Afterwards, she left, which brings me to my question, Because the one thing you didn't tell is Colin, was that supposed to be the entire date just the escape room? Like thirty minutes and then it was done?
Speaker 8: No, I'm not a psycho.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was your plan?
Speaker 8: Obviously like activity and then like go to a bar or whatever?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 2: Am I the only one that feels like escape rooms sounds more fun after the drinks?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 5: So just to be clear, you did go to a bar afterwards or you didn't?
Speaker 8: No? No, so we were outside after the thing. I better effort, and she said she didn't have the time, which again early.
Speaker 2: Maybe she found out about your little bar ploy about showing up to the Oh that's right.
Speaker 5: Maybe she realized that you can ever know you figured out all her class schedules.
Speaker 8: So yeah, like it was a clue in the in the room or something.
Speaker 1: Yourl's talk and there's a lot of women in that class.
Speaker 5: Let's give Clarie a call here, see if she answers and hopefully figure out what's going on. I'm dialing her number right now here we go, Hello, Hey is this Clarice?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: This hey Clarice. My name is Jeff. There's a whole bunch of people on the phone right now. We're a radio show. Called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning the whole show.
Speaker 6: Okay, I like.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hello, Sorry, your phone is a little weird.
Speaker 8: Hello, there we go.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't think phones are used to getting calls. No, can you go to the store and buy a new phone and then we'll call you back?
Speaker 6: Valid point, Valid point.
Speaker 1: I know if we could just do text messages all over.
Speaker 5: The ra Yeah, but we're doing a segment here. It's called the Second Date Update. We're trying to help one of our listeners get in touch with you after you went out on a date with him. His name is Colin.
Speaker 6: Yeah, actually, I do.
Speaker 1: You do what?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, I didn't ask if you remembered him, but it's nice that you offered that up.
Speaker 1: She even seemed surprised.
Speaker 6: Good me, Like, you caught me off guard.
Speaker 1: We joke around a lot. It's not you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm a painfully sarcastic person and everybody loves it.
Speaker 9: So here's what, Like, what do you want for me?
Speaker 5: Honestly, Well, we're trying to help call and figure out if there's a reason why you two haven't met up again, because he felt like you had a good connection. There weren't a lot of problems in the date, but we're not sure if that's true.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, so one like you're like you're asking me, like why I don't want to meet with him again or what or if.
Speaker 5: That's even the case. We don't know because all we know is that your guys' date ended after the escape room. It seemed to end pretty quickly here.
Speaker 6: Let me fill that up for you, because I'm not, like, I don't really have the time right now.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: Apparently that's what you said after the escape room too.
Speaker 6: So I laughed my purse in the escape room, and so like I went back in to like ask the person when you call him like sitting at the front door attendant. Okay, So like I wouldn't asked her, and like we were going to get it, and like she filled me in on what was really going on with him.
Speaker 1: Let me just say that, what why would she know?
Speaker 6: Well, because apparently he is not a new customer. She called him an escape room romeo.
Speaker 5: That sounds nice.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I didn't know what the cima.
Speaker 1: What does it mean?
Speaker 5: It sounds like someone who's really romantic and good with their words.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, color me uneducated because I'm pretty sure that play ended with him killing himself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we know that didn't happen.
Speaker 8: So what I was.
Speaker 6: Told, right, And this is just what I was told, Like whatever, that it brings a lot of girls with the same like escape room. But he comes on like the weekends and like practices uh little puzzles right to.
Speaker 5: Solve it so quickly. What a waste of his money that he was able to He mentioned he was able to like solve everything really really quick.
Speaker 1: He also mentioned he was brain flexing. Do you remember that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So wait, so you're saying that he practices these puzzles in escape rooms to show off to women.
Speaker 9: Yeah, exactly, And that makes me feel better than.
Speaker 5: One I did. We barely finished it and it was the easiest one and it was like an.
Speaker 1: Hour, So I was like, Wow, this guy's a genius.
Speaker 5: So you're jealous that you're not the first woman that he solved that puzzle with you turn off.
Speaker 1: He spends his weekends doing that there. He's trying to show off that he's smart.
Speaker 2: I mean, even if he's not doing it in a smart way, because at least he thinks that that's something that's important to you.
Speaker 4: That's a good.
Speaker 5: Point yes, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so like I don't know what to thing weak.
Speaker 5: I know who knows what you should think, and that's Colin, who's on the other line listening and wanting to talk to you right now.
Speaker 1: Important to note this is the first time he's done this, yes with our show.
Speaker 5: First time caller to the second date update, Colin, are you there?
Speaker 8: I am, Hello, high Cleary, I call it. Well, I'm a little embarrassed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 5: It's not every day you get called a Romeo.
Speaker 8: No, he I thought we had a good date. I don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, But the thing is is that, like according to your history, I'm not the first one like this is a game to you. I'm not trying to play games, what.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's an escape room that's always going to be.
Speaker 2: Listen, listen. I don't know that he's trying to play games. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. But some people just like to go somewhere on a date where they're comfortable and they feel like they can be themselves. And maybe maybe he feels most of inside an escape room.
Speaker 6: No, he's doing this same exact room with like multiple women.
Speaker 5: Well, sure we think that, but he's.
Speaker 6: Trying to like pretend he's smart, Like I don't think he's smart.
Speaker 5: Well, none of us are really smart on this show. So I think I think he deserves credit just for even going through the effort of planning this for you.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 2: This big room of dummies thinks that he did.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's true. I mean most of the guys that we talked to don't plan anything at all, and he talked to me.
Speaker 1: He loves to take risks.
Speaker 5: Let doesn't happen a lot.
Speaker 1: Let alone memorize numeric codes. I shouldn't get out of it.
Speaker 6: So you guys don't think this is some type of like scam, because like he's running this sound.
Speaker 9: Other people scam.
Speaker 8: He's running a scam.
Speaker 5: He's paying for everything.
Speaker 1: Just sounds boring for him.
Speaker 8: He's just I think, lame. No dude, Like I'm there like at least twice a month, maybe every week. I bring women with me every time, and it's dope. It works all the time.
Speaker 1: Oh it works one time. You haven't had a second date with any of those women.
Speaker 8: That's a good point. I solved the tvesta. I should love to do it for it.
Speaker 5: Futility right there, This guy plans, he thinks things through, he can solve puzzles, he's humble.
Speaker 1: He's getting harder to defend for me.
Speaker 5: But I'm finding more and more reasons that you should give him another shot, Clarice, And if you do, we would pay for that second date.
Speaker 6: He made me feel dumb on the date.
Speaker 5: Why because he was solving the clues before. You don't let you solve some next time.
Speaker 6: He made me feel like I was an idiot for not knowing any of us.
Speaker 5: Saying, yeah, love makes idiots of us. All is a very famous quote. Look it up and it is, and it is, And I think it's worth another shot with a guy that's willing to go through all this effort for you. And he's giving that same effort to many many women. So it doesn't help you don't take it. Someone else definitely will.
Speaker 1: That is not the offer you think it is.
Speaker 5: Well, that's the best I can do, so all right?
Speaker 6: Can I just say fine? And as long as I get a confirmation that he hasn't solved it before we go in thereould.
Speaker 5: You want to do another escape room? You just said it made me feel stupid.
Speaker 1: No, she wants to beat him. She's going to prove a point.
Speaker 8: All right, I'm down.
Speaker 5: Oh damn, it's a successful second date. We're hooking you.
Speaker 1: Two of calling made that guy feel like a dummy on that date.
Speaker 5: Now let's escape them and hang out, all right, Bye.
Speaker 4: Bye freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: You know what we never talked about in that second date update, how he kept planning to run into her at that exercise class went out and.
Speaker 1: We were trying to give him a chance to like get a date, right, But.
Speaker 5: That's how we met her. Plus then we found out he planned the escape room. I mean, this guy is a great planner.
Speaker 2: He's when you put all those things together.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking maybe her goat was right, she shouldn't have gone out.
Speaker 5: Really, I'm thinking, brook you should hire him as your assistant. This guy has followed through. He could probably even paint the signs for your next protest.
Speaker 1: He probably already knows who my schedule is.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey, Yeah, I know, if you're listening, just show up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, make Brooks sign down with schools, down with people. We get it, Brooke, you have a lot of causes food teachers. Well, you need that assistant.
Speaker 1: I hate well.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I hope that we do get another update from that couple so we can finally learn once and for all who's the smarter one between them and the Yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Always works out well when we have intelligence battles on this show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so bring your intelligence on and we can try and help you with your dating life. We'll call that person who's not calling you back. Go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts at Brook and.
Speaker 4: Jeffrey Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: What do you do if you walk up to a customer service counter and realize the employee standing behind it is the person of your dreams? Wow, this is the best ice cream shop ever. It's near me. It's easy, jeff.
Speaker 1: You're in.
Speaker 5: I zip up my jacket so I look more professional.
Speaker 1: I don't believe you.
Speaker 5: I don't belie what I do. Okay, all the way up right up to the next but I could get Yeah, the guy on the phone today was braver than me. He went for it and asked her out on a date. Turned it into a great time. But why isn't she calling back? We're gonna try and find out when we do your second date update. Now I'm ready.
Speaker 1: For that was definitely down quick.
Speaker 5: It's casual. It's right after this second date update, Brooke. I'm gonna ask you a question, and I think I already know the answer. But has a guy ever tried to hit on you while you're working?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, and so many different events in my life.
Speaker 5: I'm not talking about the homeless guys asking for a free cookie at the burger bar. I mean like a normal customer trying to game you down on the job.
Speaker 2: On the job, Yes, people have absolutely hit on me, and some of it has been very inappropriate behavior.
Speaker 5: Let you know, Yeah, those are the ones that you love the best. I would think it's hard to do to get a girl to say yes while she's in the middle of working, but one of our listeners says he managed to pull it off, and his name is Marshall. Needs a little bit of help today, Marshall, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Hey, how are you guys today?
Speaker 2: Are you like one of those truck drivers when I worked at Burger Heaven that would come up to the window and then they would say, you go pretty us.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't think we don't need to hear the story about how you lost your virginity again. Let's go back to Marshall. Marshall, tell us about where you met a woman while she was working. Where did that happen?
Speaker 7: Oh, well, you know the little backstory. I travel all around the country or business.
Speaker 5: I'm oh, god, you are a long haul.
Speaker 9: I knew nothing like.
Speaker 8: That, nothing like that.
Speaker 7: I fly. I do a lot of flying. And a while back, I fly in a town and I go up to get my rental car and wow, the the young lady behind the rental car kiosk thing there. Her name was some Mantha, not Sam, not Sammy, some Mantha. Impt It's fit her whole look. She was so impeccably dressed in her little uniform.
Speaker 1: She was impeccably dressed in like a green polo.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a nice like a soup kind of thing on, and very professional, very attractive. I'm starting to do the transaction and she's trying to push the insurance on me, and I'm like, come on, it's a manta. I don't need the insurance. What part of town do you think I'm going to be driving through here?
Speaker 1: I don't get the insurance.
Speaker 2: If you pay on your credit card, your credit card often has rental card insurance.
Speaker 7: Just a hot exactly there's all kinds of things like that. But you know, she's doing her job and I'm making her laugh, and you know, we're having a nice conversation. Fortunately, there really wasn't anybody else around. It wasn't like it was busy, so we had time to talk and everything. But we were really really hitting it off.
Speaker 2: That's pretty wild, because she deals with people all day long, Like, could you tell there was a difference between her just being nice and so she has to talk.
Speaker 5: I feel like with the insurance line, she may have been hitting on you. I don't think they offer that to all the customers the hot one. So clearly whatever you were saying was working on her or you thought it was. Well, I'm assuming that a date came out of it.
Speaker 7: Well yeah, Well, you know, you can tell when someone's just being professionally nice and there seems to be something else, and it looked like we were really hitting it off. So I told her, I'm like, look, I'm just going to be here for two days. Not to be too forward, but i'd really like to take you out for dinner tonight if you were available.
Speaker 2: Okay, likes to get the job.
Speaker 5: What did she say?
Speaker 7: Well, she agreed to it.
Speaker 1: Oh cute.
Speaker 5: You weren't mistaken.
Speaker 7: She was good job exactly, So I took her. It was one of those chain It was like an Applebee's or something.
Speaker 1: I don't even know something the airport, well, no, it.
Speaker 7: Was a little bit away from there and everything. And I don't need to go to a fancy place to have a good time or anything like that. Is I just wanted to enjoy your company.
Speaker 5: Okay, how was it.
Speaker 7: We had a nice dinner and we talked and for such a stunningly beautiful woman, she was very down to earth and she was talking to me how she was like in the process of developing and planning and putting all together. She wants to open up her own hair salon and then build it into a chain. She was a very very impressive person.
Speaker 5: I love that bro.
Speaker 1: So this all sounds so good.
Speaker 7: She definitely she is.
Speaker 8: So we ended that night.
Speaker 7: You know, I'm I'm a very respectful guy. I didn't try, you know, moving in too fast on her. So this gave her a little hug. Said, you know, it was a pleasure going out with you tonight. If I'm back in the area, can I give you a call? And she said sure, No problem.
Speaker 1: Do you travel to her area a lot for business?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, all the time.
Speaker 1: That's convenient, and that's the thing.
Speaker 7: So a couple of weeks later, I'm back in town and I tested her a few more times. She didn't get back to me. I called her a few more times straight the voicemail. So I don't know what's going on with her.
Speaker 1: I mean a lot to react.
Speaker 5: If you travel there all the time, do you typically hit on women at the rental car places? Maybe you have a reputation around like the rental registry.
Speaker 7: It's not like I was flagged or anything.
Speaker 5: Okay, Samantha, you said she was special. There's a reason that you really focused in on her.
Speaker 7: Well, first, obviously, let's be honest, the physical looks of her were stunning.
Speaker 5: Yeah you've mentioned that three or four times.
Speaker 7: Really, well, yeah, she's absolutely gorgeous. But what was really attractive about her was she was focused on building a business and it just seemed like somebody that, you know, I could really relate to because you know, that's type of my business too in a way. And I was like, oh, you know, I would date more, but I'm like never in one place for more than a couple of days. But you know, with her circumstance, it just seems she just there was something about her. So I was like, you know what, let me move forward with this and see what happened into hair.
Speaker 2: Maybe if you give herself a bad haircut and she's waiting it out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, or maybe she's looking for something that's more like in one place, firmly and solid. But that doesn't mean there's not hope. We're gonna come back and try to.
Speaker 8: Come I.
Speaker 1: Was gonna say, Rico saves.
Speaker 5: Okay, whatever you Rico, suave your hurts, hunk, We're gonna make it happen with your second date update. Right after this second date update, after you rent a car, you're supposed to return the keys to the vehicle, yes, but our listener Marshall didn't just do that. He handed over the keys to his heart.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey, that's the jaglight for a rental. It's so cute, but.
Speaker 5: We're in the middle part where it's a little bit confusing because he didn't get those keys back. After we hit it off with the cute rens a car girl named Samantha oh Man, not Sammy, not sam This was important to him.
Speaker 1: Samantha oh yeah, and she's stunning.
Speaker 5: Stunning, so stunning that, even though he was only in town for a couple of days, he asked her out, took her to dinner, and said he'd love to see her again as soon as he flies back. But that second meetup hasn't happened, and Marshall doesn't know why. So, Brooke, what's your theory. Why isn't this happening yet?
Speaker 1: I think it's just because you're in two different cities.
Speaker 2: Like even though you visit, like, she has her own life, her own world, you know who knows, like she got back together.
Speaker 1: With an X or she's off the dating market totally.
Speaker 5: It's a good point, Marshall, Are you willing to move right now just.
Speaker 7: For her for a second date?
Speaker 1: I don't think she'd want that.
Speaker 5: Well, that seems to be Brook's main concern that I'm just wow.
Speaker 7: I'm there every couple of weeks. It's al much like I did move there. Yeah, I bet your hotel like all knows your name.
Speaker 5: Okay, and that is more than Brook hangs out with her husband now. So maybe this is good in a relationship. But let's find out. I'd love to talk to this Samantha woman see if she say sounds as beautiful as she looks.
Speaker 1: I feel like we don't sound as ugly as we look.
Speaker 5: I'm going to as soon as she picks up the phone. If she does, just give us the numbers your to ten, Jeff Let's see if she answers and hopefully figure out what's going on. I'm dialing her number right now. Here we go.
Speaker 3: Hello, I was going nine point five out there.
Speaker 5: Okay, Samantha, is this Samantha?
Speaker 1: Yeah, messing around?
Speaker 5: You were a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Good morning. We would love to welcome you into our arms. Arms jump in here where our arms are. Happened to you the nine point five? It threw me off my game.
Speaker 9: Okay, I guess that's cool out on the radio.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're on the radio because we're doing a segment here called a second Date Update with one of our listeners named Marshall, who apparently you got to know pretty well the other day.
Speaker 9: Oh that was actually a few weeks ago. He reached out to you.
Speaker 10: Guys.
Speaker 5: Well, it's your fault because apparently you left quite the impression when you two met at the rent a car place.
Speaker 2: Pretty pants Seriously, this guy could not stop talking about how amazing you are in every way.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, he had nice things to say.
Speaker 9: Okay, that's nice, I guess.
Speaker 1: You guess doesn't sound like.
Speaker 5: Nice. Is a good start. We were hoping to get a little bit more from you to figure out if there was a chance maybe you and Marshall were going to see each other again. What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 10: Honestly, I just really kind of like get asked out kind of often.
Speaker 5: You know, is that the problem? You go out on too many dates and you're just keeping your options open?
Speaker 10: Oh see, it's not even that because I usually don't even like say yes very much. But good, interestingly enough, like Marshall, I checked him out. He was like really well dressed and.
Speaker 9: He had to really nice sent to him. You know. I don't know if it was an Armani or something, but it smelt really good.
Speaker 2: Okay, so wait he was like special and you said yes to him, Like yeah.
Speaker 10: He like sit out to me, and the way he like, you know, held himself so great.
Speaker 5: Positive review, Like why won't you see him at least one more time?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 10: Because like I dressed up for this whole thing and he took me on some like kids high school date.
Speaker 4: You know, wait, what where'd you guys go?
Speaker 2: He said that, he said it was like a chain restaurant that he took you to.
Speaker 10: Is that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I just wasn't impressed, Like it just really wasn't engaging.
Speaker 2: One he's not from your town, and two like he was only there for two days, Like it's just a quick date. Like it doesn't mean that he didn't have an amazing time.
Speaker 1: You always look up the menu in place before.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, but you know, what was a first date.
Speaker 10: It leaves the first impression. And if you're trying to impress a woman, especially like you know, I'm kind of more high standards just so that I have so much plan for myself and my future.
Speaker 9: It just didn't impress me.
Speaker 10: It didn't give me like the feeling that he really saw my value and how he spoke so highly of you.
Speaker 5: He was like, proud of you. I'm proud of you, mean because.
Speaker 2: Of him rights to a fast forward burger place and the guy brought coupons.
Speaker 1: I still ended up dating him for like six months.
Speaker 5: But not all women are like you Brook. Some women have standards like Samanthas So what you're saying. If I'm understanding what you're saying, he didn't put enough effort into the place that he chose for your date, so you read him as a low value person.
Speaker 9: I mean, and when you weren't like that doesn't sound so great.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know what this says about his value going through a radio station to get this done. But he is on the other line listening right now and wanting to speak to you.
Speaker 9: No, Oh, I was not aware of that. I was not told this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I purpose.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you'd tell us if you knew. But he's there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Hi, Samantha. Honestly, like I was telling you, I'm like going one hundred miles an hour all the time, I didn't really have any time to like make fancy reservations at a really nice place, and I didn't even cross my mind at the place you went to wasn't really acceptable to you.
Speaker 9: I appreciate you saying that, but it really came off as cheap.
Speaker 7: Marshall.
Speaker 1: Marshall's pretty direct guy. Maybe that's what he wanted to hear.
Speaker 8: Samantha.
Speaker 7: Are you like you're saying that you didn't like the Manzarella sticks fancy?
Speaker 5: That is kind of fancy.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's string cheese fried.
Speaker 9: No, old Marshall, I'm not a kid.
Speaker 7: Well, Samantha is, there's probably something you should know. I did not bring this up, but oh, some years ago, I was able to swing a very very lucrative deal. I basically, you know, created the eBay of Germany and did really, really really well with it.
Speaker 9: So you really didn't mention anything like that while we were eating.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean, that's all I do.
Speaker 7: All day is talk business and things like that, and I didn't want to do that with you, and I wanted to learn about you. It didn't matter to me where we were eating.
Speaker 1: Actually kind of sweet when it says.
Speaker 9: So we're adults, Marshal, and where I spend my time and my future is very important to know.
Speaker 7: Well, I wanted you to like me for me, and not because I'm worth multimillions of dollars multi millions. He just worked out the way it should have.
Speaker 10: Wait, hold on, did you say multi multi meaning like a lot multi million?
Speaker 5: Well, Samantha isn't shallow and doesn't care about stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Reject that's what he brought it up.
Speaker 5: He didn't bring it up because he is Samantha, you're not going to change your mind about a guy just because he's a multi millionaire.
Speaker 10: I mean no, but he's been very sweet this whole time, even in like my wrong opinions of him.
Speaker 1: Oh, she admitted she was wrong.
Speaker 5: All of a sudden. Now his sweetness comes to comes to like, man, I want to google your net worth.
Speaker 2: It feels Marshall is okay with that though, because like, why would Marshall, why would you bring it up if you didn't.
Speaker 7: You know, Well, she wasn't interested with me when we went to the basic chain restaurant, So I just want her to know that she's really missing on Marshall.
Speaker 5: That's so caddy of you. I love it me too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, does appreciate Montrell sticks deserves.
Speaker 5: Multimillionaire clap back.
Speaker 1: Hold on, So now you're not interested anymore?
Speaker 9: Marshall, Yeah, you were calling for a second date.
Speaker 5: No, well, Samantha, you just said that you weren't interested because he doesn't value enough. Yeah, that you both aren't interested.
Speaker 9: Well, he just in his actions he didn't show me that.
Speaker 10: But now he said he's capable of showing me that.
Speaker 5: Well, it sounds to me like Samantha has had a one eighty is now on board one hundred percent.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he definitely changed my mind.
Speaker 5: Wow, all right, well that's a yes from Samantha Marshall. We are going to send you guys out on another date and we're going to pay for that. Not that you need it, but we'll do it.
Speaker 7: No, I don't like the back tedling. I'm not interested.
Speaker 8: Guys. Thank you.
Speaker 5: We just did all of this convincing for you.
Speaker 7: You know you, guys, you really did help me quite a bit because you were able to get out the real Samantha and that really help me make this decision.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, kicking yourself, Samantha.
Speaker 5: Is the real Samantha. Want to say anything back to that?
Speaker 10: No, it's fine because you'll never find out what I'm really worth anyway.
Speaker 5: Oh you're a secret multimillionaire to Baire.
Speaker 1: Textboard is blowing up. People Wantonaire on the text board.
Speaker 5: We have to get in line behind us.
Speaker 4: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: You know what disgusts me?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that came out strong.
Speaker 5: When guys talk about how rich they are just so that they can get what they want. That's why I liked Marshall. He just threw out his multi millions to prove a point at anything. You're right, you really did.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he's not going to be hitting us up for any of the numbers, said. We're getting on the textboard right now.
Speaker 5: So Brooke made a point.
Speaker 7: Do we know he's really rich or he just said that because it sounded amazing.
Speaker 5: It might be. But what's funny is we taped that a few days ago, and Marshall sent us an email to our producer saying that she immediately texted him after the call saying she was sorry, asking when he got back in town next so they could hang out. That's awful.
Speaker 2: Oh god, it's so funny, it really is.
Speaker 5: I mean, you think everyone's on a stereotype and then one person does that. Yeah, to her credit, it's not often you meet a multi millionaire walking into Avis every single day.
Speaker 1: We don't think he is exactly.
Speaker 5: But it doesn't matter what your income is, multi millionaire or totally bankrupt. We can help you with your dating life. Email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts at Brooke and Jeffrey