Speaker 1: He is drink chess, motherfucking podcast man. He's a legends every queens rapper. He ain't agreed. That's your boy in O R E. He's a Miami hip pop pioneer, put up.
Speaker 2: As d J e f N.
Speaker 1: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean.
Speaker 4: And the most professional, unprofessional podcast and your number one source.
Speaker 5: For drunk d chans mo postcavery Days, New Year c that's it's time for drink champs.
Speaker 1: Drink up mother? What good sho be? This your boy in O R E? What up is d J e f N. And this Miller tip crazy rope. And when I tell you we got a legend, legend, we got an icon. This man can do it all. Man.
Speaker 6: We're gon to give him his flowers, but to make sure that he understands how important he is to this coach and get it into it.
Speaker 1: He's a legend, legend. He for you. Many years I was scared of him. We're gonna get into it. You don't know what too, abue. No, I'm not gonna lie. Let me just get get that out the way. For years I was scared of Benny Blockole all that he creeps up on you and then.
Speaker 6: Like I didn't know that, like like I was like so young when I first saw that.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that was a character.
Speaker 6: Like I thought that was somebody sent you in another build.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, wait a minute, why bitty block? Ye possible? You must you were mad young, so you quee. That's another thing that even Queen Jackson Heights.
Speaker 7: Got Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay he was seventy nine.
Speaker 3: Okay, so March for one year, be a Ford Catholic school Okay, okay, then Bertram the rest Okay.
Speaker 6: So no, they're from the Queens where I'm from. Like, like what I mean by that is uh. I recently ran the Queensboro U and they called it Queens the world borough. Now I had never heard that expression already, but it is the world bor. Like I grew up, like my neighbor was Russian. Yeah yeah, I know I'm sad in naive. I know I'm sat the naive, right, But I grew up My neighbor was Russian. My downa blocked person was a Haitian. Up the block was a Colombian.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? I know I'm sat in naive.
Speaker 6: I didn't understand racism until like I was an adult, because we all kind of lived.
Speaker 3: It's okay, Yes, So when I cut to Jackson Heights, we were the second Latin family on the block, and it was white flight was happening. You know, well you know before they left. It's trying to give me a beating, you know.
Speaker 1: And it was everybody was leaving.
Speaker 3: All the whites peoples were leaving, Irish, Italian, Jews, Germans, there were there were everybody was leaving. But I got beat up a lot. Yeah, so I saw racism matterly. And like when you when you're playing games with these when with the white kids and you beat them at something, all of a sudden you're a spick and that's like, you know, nine years old, I realized, oh I'm somebody, I'm other.
Speaker 1: I've seeing this other no matter what. Now your Puerto Rican and Columbia.
Speaker 3: Yah, that's right, okay, I got it mixed.
Speaker 6: I was reading where you said that you had to like study the Colombian accent.
Speaker 1: Yes, it did. Now for people who don't know, right, who has it come to Jackson Heighth schoo Corona, I'm Hurrison.
Speaker 6: What is the difference between the Puerto Rican accent and a Columbia accent.
Speaker 1: Well, a Puerto Rican accent is more.
Speaker 3: I got wrong, I hindle man because and then Colombian. But was you get sat down food mal.
Speaker 1: People from sound.
Speaker 4: More Caribbean like they they got American action Puerto Rican.
Speaker 1: That was a myth.
Speaker 3: The gene action that's a Pablo Escobar type of accent.
Speaker 6: Gene accent is different from overall Columbian exactly, exactly the old school colonial conquest accent because in Spain and.
Speaker 3: Think, okay, scornation and that that's the same one from Spain is the same one. They haven't met the gene like I said, so that you know.
Speaker 6: There's been so many stories told by Pablo and I heard the difference between your story. This is the first time the family actually, Kosa, that's that's rights unique.
Speaker 1: I saw the whole There is a unique, very unique.
Speaker 3: Ye, right, Joe, because it's the first authorized by the family and by the son. So we're telling stories that no one knows. So he's telling what happens behind closed doors between his father and his mother, what happened between him and his father, and the conflicts that they had. Even though Pablo was the son told me directly. His new name is said Stam for security purposes.
Speaker 2: And at the end they called him when he was Argentine.
Speaker 1: He's a teacher or something, right, he does.
Speaker 3: He goes around preaching around the world and doing speeches about peace and love and all that. So he really escaped the life. He definitely did. But he told me, you know, growing up in that life, you know, he had these babysitters because he couldn't go to school because theyre afraid of being kidnapped or assassinated, and the other kids were scared of him, so he.
Speaker 1: Had to be homeschool.
Speaker 3: But his pops, Polo Schobar, got him babysitters who were he didn't know where assassins right, right, but they were real killers.
Speaker 1: Their friends.
Speaker 2: He raised them, they raised you, getting the whole series.
Speaker 1: But they're not family.
Speaker 3: So some of them became informants, right, and so had off them. And that's when the son in him got conflict. At nineteen, before his pops died, he had words with his pops and he said to him, look a you're gonna kill next my my grandma.
Speaker 1: She looks you the wrong way.
Speaker 3: Mind, she says the wrong thing to you is this the kind of life that when does this killing stop? And that was the last speech he had it with his pops work for word, and that's what we have in the series.
Speaker 4: Yet the POV is very unique for especially for these type of series like the Narco series, because I hadn't seen nothing like.
Speaker 1: It, and my action is the best.
Speaker 3: But all the Latin actors, because you know, white actors have to do Hamlet Latin actors and uys have to do public because he tore did it, Javier Bardem did it, Wagner More did it. But I think my accent is the dopest, you know, I did. And I got the physicality too, because because he had like a slow movement for like a tough guy, he was mad slow and he had like a breathing problem. He paused a lot, so I don't think so I was trying to really capture all his rhythms and patterns.
Speaker 1: How do you did you study?
Speaker 2: Like home footage, like what did you watch?
Speaker 1: You got someone? He had home footage that he showed me.
Speaker 3: Of a couple of home visits, the showing you this, yeah yeah, yeah, he's got to showing me all these uh, behind the scenes footage of different events they had for family, and then I study everything on YouTube and and tapes and to get it perfect. And the other thing he told me was that in Columbia back in the eighties, pops were about tough love. When they had a Sunday it was it wasn't your kissing it. It's like, you know, be tough with the macho kids. But his pops, because he was near death all the time, hogged them kissed him, said I love you publicly and change. The culture in Columbia between fathers and sons.
Speaker 1: Must have been conflicting too. For the sun like showing conflicting, bro.
Speaker 3: He grew up in this place where his dad was so charismatic and loving, but they lived in total paranoia. Like Pablo couldn't hang out with the family all the time. He had to be the from place to be a decoy. So how do you live like that? Constant movie and constant changing spots.
Speaker 1: It's rough.
Speaker 4: Like we when I went to when I went to Columbia, we went to many yings and we went to that building the one that.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeahs leather right yeah yeah yeah, and not.
Speaker 2: Too far as where he died, now you the meloe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we filed in areas near where Pablo lived and was assassinated. But we had to do new spots because it's all destroyed.
Speaker 1: Everything is destroyed. And how much of the movie you say you shot in Columbia?
Speaker 3: All of it? Okay, okay, fifty Vacasians. Crew was Argentine, Mexican and Colombian. So much talent, man, so much talent in Latin America.
Speaker 1: Okay. Now us as rappers.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah and DJs and.
Speaker 6: We go to Columbia and most of us, for lack of a better term, we be extorted.
Speaker 1: Like they make us.
Speaker 6: Like, you know, you want to go look at Pablo's you got to pay a certain amount of a certain amount, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Is that something that you you ran into him? No, no, no, no, had the blessings?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, because we we we promised them also that we weren't going to idolize him in the series.
Speaker 1: Like meaning like ida the criminal part of him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, to make him like you know, become a recruiting you know situation. We want to make sure we showed the humanize him, but also showed that he lived on the paranoid that's not a lifestyle that ends up.
Speaker 1: You know, you end up surviving, you don't survive it.
Speaker 3: He's he's we're fascinated by him because he grew up from extreme poverty and became the wealthiest criminal in the history of the world. He died being worth thirty billion by today's uh seventy billion.
Speaker 1: Did we make some noise to that? You got to make some noise. He was one of the most ruthless ones too. He kind of like invented the n terrorism. Yes, he did narco terrorism exactum, I hit it correctly. You know.
Speaker 3: He did a ton of assassinations on politicians, journalists, anybody who opposed them.
Speaker 1: Crazy wow, like what Trump does verbally.
Speaker 6: That's that's the point that I wanted to bring, Like yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, what's the book you wrote?
Speaker 3: Pimps whole pimps, host and player hitters and the rest of my Hollywood friends. Don't ever Here's here's the big tip. Don't ever write an autobiography until you're about to die or retire, because you fuck up your life. I mean, I was only like thirty nine or forty was. It cost me a lot of problems for real, because you're gutting people, well, you're saying ship that nobody wants to be set and I said it, and then all of a sudden, I'm like, not casting this movie, not casting that movie. Yeah, you know, on the d L, nobody's telling me I'm being blasted, blacklisted.
Speaker 1: But it's not on you know, on full blast.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: But was was Hollywood something that let you down?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: But you know I didn't know as a young man what was going on. I just thought, you know, Hollywood is not completely for us, but that's the way life is, you know. I accepted it. And then as you get older, I going, wait a minute, why isn't it for us? Lattin people are thirty percent of the US box office, a third of streamers, less than six percent of the actors, and less than one percent of the stories and less than point nine percent of the executives. How is that possible? They're taking from us but giving us nothing back. That's not okay. That's when I realized, and I woke up and I was like, wait a.
Speaker 1: Minute, what the fuck is going on? How can we accept this?
Speaker 3: White people are only fifty eight point two percent of the population. Why were they getting a ninety percent of the roles executive stories everything. It's an overreach and an overrepresentation that's not not fair in any kind of book.
Speaker 6: I saw you at a breakfast club and you was talking about, are you going to watch all white movies?
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna see white. I didn't realize. It's like there's some good like.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 1: Like. I was like, you said that.
Speaker 3: I didn't even realize you so used to realize that white.
Speaker 1: Movies Jaws, I was like, all white. It was like because even in the background. But I just finished watching George and I was like, how the funk? I didn't bet that future.
Speaker 3: There's not one person called, not one person called Poulter.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 6: I'm bouncing around a little bit, but I love that you got Ah, that's a Latin story for me.
Speaker 1: I think it's up there with.
Speaker 6: Up there with Willie Cologne as a story that I would like for you to participate.
Speaker 1: The big punch story. Oh that would be hot. We got to do that. Why not? How come Fat Joe hasn't done it? Family? Is the family not letting?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't want to speak on that because I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know like the particulars, but I know that's something that the hip hop game is missing and have you you got to make me bit fun.
Speaker 3: I didn't get to meet Wow. I met Bis Marquis. I went to school with Q Tip.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'm two weeks older yet. No, no where broke went to Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: No, No, Police Plaza, Manhattan.
Speaker 1: Ok.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm two years older than him.
Speaker 1: No. I didn't mean him though. I was about that met him. Yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: I was like kind of hollywoody at that time. Oh yeah, I was living in the hood anymore. I was like, I was like trying to live large and try to be you know, famous and shipped.
Speaker 1: But when Holly would let you down, they were letting me down. But they don't want to keep me away. You can try to lock those doors, but I'm a bust them open, right. But what was the hottest year for me, dude?
Speaker 3: A good year from was nineteen ninety four. I did Carlito's Way, and I did Super Married Brothers, and I did Tu Wang Fu And two years later I did Spawn. I was the Clowning Spawn. I did The Pest. I did Romeo and Juliet and I said three plays.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you're speaking of plays.
Speaker 1: You did a one man play yeah, I did six, six of them.
Speaker 3: Four of them on Broadway. I'm broady man, and it was hard to get the broad When I did Freak on Broadway, they were like, they don't know if Latin people are going to go to the theater.
Speaker 1: They don't know if a.
Speaker 3: Comedy about a Latin guy is gonna appeal to white people. And Brody was all white at that time, you know, so I was like the first all Latin show and then half the population was Latino and black, and they were astounded and sold out.
Speaker 1: Like white people who come to the Broadway show though, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: The majority you know, the plays were mostly having classes. Yeah, y, the Monica wonderful.
Speaker 1: I love him.
Speaker 6: So so I we asked you all, did Hollywood disappoint you? What was something that Hollywood that that gave you?
Speaker 1: And you was like, man, I.
Speaker 6: Mean besides you know, getting out the hood or something like that.
Speaker 3: Well, I think Spike Lee giving me the lead role in Summer Sam was a big deal for me. That was a turning point in my life. And we went to Cannes Film Festival with that, which I had never been to. Was a big, big deal in Hollywood. Sisters, and uh, it's well with Spike, and Spike is the one that had the balls to make me a Latin.
Speaker 1: Guy be the lead Spike's best.
Speaker 4: Did you expect because with this series and it seems like you've always there's a third that you've always been trying to go back to your roots, like represent your roots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me and I have young.
Speaker 4: Children, So in Gonto, I was like, this is dope for representation for Colombians. Like I thought it was super dope, Like how did that come about?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 2: The creation of that you be involved?
Speaker 3: Oh dude, that was such an incredible experience for me and how far we Latino people have come in this country to have all Latin cast right and Latin director and writer fran Conto Limnuel wrote the music, the ass music. It was an incredible turning point for me. And I improvised a lot for Bruno. I'm the Bruno.
Speaker 1: Yeah yes, yeah.
Speaker 3: The whole part too is if all we do is talk about Bruno, that's another story.
Speaker 2: So they're gonna have a ride in in Disney.
Speaker 3: Now I did your voice for that. There's a parade in Disney World for in Conto. Yeah. Yeah, that's huge, man, huge. It be frozen, Yeah, it's the number one. It was the number one Disney song in the history of Disney.
Speaker 2: And I think it's it brings a lot of pride being laudin.
Speaker 4: When you go to Disney, you see these little girls of all races, of all nationalities dressed up as the.
Speaker 3: Little Because in Conto had the true Latino experience, black, indigenous, and white. I didn't mixed and had you had all the hair textures, the hair color, the different color skins. It didn't have colorism, right, it was. It was such a powerful experience.
Speaker 2: I guess you didn't. You didn't watch little Kids?
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, let me bounced around real quick.
Speaker 1: Right. Did you get to see Bad Bunny in Puerto Rico? No, I didn't. I didn't get I was filming, Uh, I can't remember. I was filming.
Speaker 3: Uh. The which is coming out in July. It can be the biggest movie in the history of Hollywood.
Speaker 1: A shot to that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shot two Latinos and three black people in it.
Speaker 1: It's not an all white movie, so I'm gonna see it.
Speaker 6: But I just wanted to, like, the first time I've ever seen this before, what Bad Bunny did, Like he brung everyone.
Speaker 1: To the island right like like he did it all back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and he and he said uh uh like he basically went on tour in Puerto Rico.
Speaker 1: Incredible.
Speaker 6: I've never saw this now in my life, Like and like all the people that showed up, like it was all energy, like the.
Speaker 3: Beautiful man half time Super Bowl. Come on, you know, I was crying.
Speaker 1: Man's so beautiful.
Speaker 3: It was, dude, it was so emotional after what you're watching on TikTok and the gram. You see all these Latin bodies being assaulted, moms and children, and then you saw this love against hate theme, you know, all these Latin young people celebrating their culture, celebrating themselves. Yo, that was so powerful. And all the Easter eggs, like the original Puerto Rican flag that was banned. Yeah, the slavery like, yes, the whole thing is so powerful. Man, he had to bat buddy.
Speaker 6: Okay, let's schoo back to beating block for a second, right, Okay, our rest I'm weere that you had to actually because a queen's kid anybody from New York, right, Yeah, Well though Queens and Bronx is twenty minutes away, it's still a whole sepper who a whole super field, even even Queens Long Island, even Queens oh yeah, Brooklyn totally like it's totally different. So how did you, like, I know, you said you hung out in the Bronx, but how did you actually study for that character? Because like to this day, I know who you are and I can still look at that character and still be scared.
Speaker 1: So how did you study for that?
Speaker 9: Like like, oh, yeah, well, you know, I mean I grew up in Queens and when I was young, I hung out a lot, and there were some drug dealers and I hung out with them at times.
Speaker 3: You know, I never did anything bad. Well not really, I'm not lying. I'm lying, but I but you know, I I that was in my life. I saw where I was leading to, so I kind of avoid I just hung out with them at the park and played handball with them and whatnot in basketball. But for the movie, I I.
Speaker 1: I did the research. I hung with these two brothers. No, no, no, we did in the l e s okay.
Speaker 3: And then his brother had been shot the week before, okay, So I was walking around with him doing the rounds, going to the house, storing the stuff and whatnot in the collection and and they were selling and I was just viewed and watched, but it was it was kind of stupid because I could have been shot too. I mean yeah, I mean I was kind of I was kind of dumb and young and and I put my life into my hands. But you know, I learned a lot. And so when I came to Carlito's way, I was gonna, Yo, this movie is mine. I'm gonna take this movie.
Speaker 1: You did you did? Yeah? Yeah. And then.
Speaker 3: But it was Brian de Palma, the director. We had just done Casualties of War and we did something. Seann and Michael J. Fox uh uh.
Speaker 1: Uh bing Raims. Uh yeah, everybody was in it. Sean p was in on College this way as well. He was in Champagne.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh he was incredible man. Yeah, he was playing Alan Dershowitz. The shaved his head, burned his hair. Yeah, and he did. He was doing mad research too, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: He's like to the party.
Speaker 3: And uh so the Parma gave me free reign.
Speaker 1: Man. He would let me do like thirty takes.
Speaker 3: This was filmed. Nobody got thirty takes. He just loved what I was doing so much that he let me do whatever I wanted. The whole posse at the club. Those are all my friends and my ex wife.
Speaker 1: They don't want to talk about it, but yeah he.
Speaker 3: Let me like, yeah you felt like yeah exactly, we had a real life and experience there going on because we know each other.
Speaker 6: But but do you realize how how you change the trajectory.
Speaker 1: Of street people Like street people if they see.
Speaker 6: Somebody who reminds them the self, now they know like like because nobody was really.
Speaker 1: You know, you killed, but you know what your.
Speaker 3: Time people when the movie came out was stopped me everywhere like.
Speaker 6: They was hated at you, right, but you have to kill He was gonna get away.
Speaker 3: You got a problem, and I go, yo, it wasn't a documentary.
Speaker 1: He he's still he was mouto Rican. Yeah he wasn't. So they took him by.
Speaker 6: How about scoff Face though, yeah, I ain't gonna lie. Alpancino does play a mean Latino though, yeah, yeah he does, he does.
Speaker 4: We were on the fence about really Scott Face, Yeah got his his accident wasn't all the way there like it wasn't you know, but.
Speaker 1: It was like Mexican. It was up to my little friend it wasn't even in Miami, really, you.
Speaker 6: Know, Cubans were just happy to see you heard about Please take that back.
Speaker 3: Of His acting as car leader was also kind of slightly whacked too. I mean that wasn't Puerto Rican. No, no, that he sounds like a Southern blues man because he was talking.
Speaker 1: You were talking. I don't want you to come into my club.
Speaker 3: Your pert snatcher and your first snatch.
Speaker 1: I don't want to talk to you.
Speaker 6: But you realize you're one of the like the only people in the world that killed Alpacino on camera. I know, Like he doesn't mean they give me the rolls. I think that's in his script, like yo, I don't die yea, and you killed him?
Speaker 1: You know what's off there? I was.
Speaker 3: I was around when they killed Stephen sagal To in a movie executive decision because he was such an asshole to me.
Speaker 10: He hit me no way, Steven Stevens got we're doing exacutive disc acting. We were just meeting for the first time and he comes in in military garb, like you ain't military. So I started laughing at him, and he didn't like that, so he elbowed me.
Speaker 3: My solar plexus and knocked me out. So when he was going to die in the movie, which was fake, but I wanted to believe it was real. I was there five a year. I wanted to see it so badly, and he won't come out of his trailer. He didn't want to die, even though it was a fake dead. But I was like, please, please just kill him and get rid of him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was in the book to that costs me a lot of problems. But now that that sounded fucking and for.
Speaker 4: The record, die in score for these Yeah yeah, but.
Speaker 1: He got to like other people.
Speaker 3: Kill kill trying to Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So did you ever think about doing like a spin off of that?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they did do one.
Speaker 1: Get out of Here without Me? Oh no, that the reason. That's the reason. About what was it called? What was it called? I don't know. I'm not in it. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I remember it was terrible, no way, oh yeah, something like No I was I was talking about.
Speaker 1: His character, like I spin off of his character.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, like Bennie prequel to Benni Blanco getting to that point.
Speaker 3: Somebody offered it to me like ten years ago, but it was too late by then. Yeah, they missed they missed the window.
Speaker 2: The window closed on that that person, that archetype.
Speaker 1: But you know.
Speaker 3: Empsire was that for me when I did Empire?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that flip with fat Joe.
Speaker 3: Joe uh uh trench.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I believe that.
Speaker 6: Joe's line is I'll kill your ass quicker than I did in an Empire.
Speaker 1: Yes, he died very early in the Empire. What happened you guys?
Speaker 3: Up, he was a big target. It's easy to take him out.
Speaker 1: He's now, he's now regular Joe. He's not bad Joe, Joe, how do you keep that name? Just keep I don't know.
Speaker 6: He's he's thinking with it, drinking mad die of coaches.
Speaker 1: Okay, Joe, listen.
Speaker 2: The flowers.
Speaker 6: Yes, our show was about giving people they flowers, they though us where they can tell him, they drinks when I can drink them, and the thoughts where they can take him and we want to give you. That's dope, because like you're truly one of those people that you can really do anything like I like, it's like you didnzel, It's like I feel like every role that you played was written for you.
Speaker 1: It probably wasn't. I did. That's how that's how natural it is so when you look at a like I forget, I forget the name of hold On. I got it right here? Which one? Uh yeah, yeah? Like how do you how do you like study for that type of role?
Speaker 3: I'm method man, I'm mad methods. So I had a real drag queen, Leritza Dumont, who was Puerto Rican and she hung with the bron from the Brons somebody just you feel like from the Bronx.
Speaker 1: And she coached me.
Speaker 3: She coached me how to walk, how to talk, how to move my hands and stuff like that to make yourself like more more feminine. And then uh, Patrick and Wesley myself we went.
Speaker 1: To like Patrick Swayze, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I can't just yeah Patrick here, Wesley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is life is a monster.
Speaker 3: And Patrick was a dope aacter too, And so we would go to all these drag queen bars that were Puerto Rican and black Les Qualita Sally Sally's two, and we did mad research.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: We wanted to make it authentic, We wanted to do it with dignity and respect for the community. And I think we did a great job. Man. It was that was back in the era where they didn't do movies about LGTBQ plus.
Speaker 1: So that was a big deal, right, No, that's real, that's real.
Speaker 4: What do you say about you know, there's there's a whole thing that that narrative that people say that when male actors do those kind of rules, that they're sacrificing something to get in Hollywood more.
Speaker 3: No, there's no sacrifice, man. I mean, I think in modern days it should be an LGTBQ plus person playing those roles, like.
Speaker 1: A Puerto ricanould playing a Puerto Rican.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly where at that point where we have the populations hire them, and and the talent in that yes, high, more disabled, higher l g TVQ plus hire Latinos for Latino roles.
Speaker 1: Let's stop the appropriation. There's no need for that. I like the appreciation, but no more appropriation. CJ.
Speaker 3: Paul say, he's gonna come up with blackface. Yeah, you better not do that, man, That's not okay. Just because easy did that?
Speaker 1: Man like that was that was?
Speaker 3: That was? I mean, it was it was in fun and comedy.
Speaker 1: What what was done in.
Speaker 3: Blackface was not done yeah, party, it wasn't done for comedy.
Speaker 1: It was to humiliate.
Speaker 3: So stop that nonsense. Understand history read a book right and shout out to Drew Skis hell talented.
Speaker 1: Crazy. I didn't take it as him trying to be offensive at all. He wasn't trying to make fun of white folks as a comediat. Well, all this cancel culture? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Is that something that you have to change your approach because, like I mean sometimes, like you know, I used to used to be an artist. I write robs and I still write robs now. But when I when I when I look at my lyrics like oh, I actually be like no, and I do it on my iPhone now, So I look at it. Do you have a write material and say, you know what, this might be insensitive to a certain Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I think it's not a bad thing man to be looking at the world through a lens of respect for others. Yeah, especially in New York. You grew up in a time where there was mad disrespect. Most of comedy was disrespect on the streets. You know, it was all about disrespect. But what if he flipped it and made it about respect. You could still be mad funny, right, you know, and giving respect to people. I don't know, I think you'd still be incredibly funny. I did Land History for morons, with that kind of respect, you know, I mean making sure that everybody was respected, because the piece was about lack of respect, my son being bullied at school for being Latino, which is disrespect, And so I wanted to teach my weaponize history and knowledge, not fisticuffs, not fighting, you know, break the cycle of violence.
Speaker 2: What about going backwards and editing stuff.
Speaker 3: To well, I can't do that now, and it's too late for that. I mean yeah, I mean yeah, it'd be great to fix the stuff, but you can't. How do you fix it without carus?
Speaker 4: I mean, we live in this digital age now where I think that's dangerous to to go back and edit things as you pleased.
Speaker 1: Where there might be for the right reasons, but I feel.
Speaker 3: Like it's wrong absolutely, the changes history.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, yes, sir. Well said, how about AI?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you know that Hollywood anti AI because it's gonna come for jobs. It's gonna come quick.
Speaker 1: Actors voice jobs.
Speaker 3: I mean I've seen a couple of UH TV series that were all AI dubbed, really and they fit in the mouth perfectly, but they have no soul, no personality, nothing has no flavor. So that's gonna take jobs away, you know, we made sure that this show had no AI.
Speaker 1: You know, I did my own, Uh I did. It's a dub version that I did myself.
Speaker 6: I could identify with AI, like my son he looks at something, they'd be like, that's a I like he'll he'll, no, I can't see. It's too good for like I played on record for Doctor dre and Doctor dre.
Speaker 7: Knew off top like he was like, Yo, you could tell a difference. Yeah, I can't tell them because the bay You can't. No, I can't tell the difference because it's troubling.
Speaker 3: Tip of the dove, the duve that could tell that that because it was like it fits in the mouth so perfectly, but it's got no heart, no soul.
Speaker 1: Right, So what happens if you get into it with a studio?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: No? See? And did they go get AI person that sounds like you? They can't?
Speaker 4: Then, Okay, give up those which they're doing those deals now where people are.
Speaker 3: Giving if you're hard up for money, you can sell the rights to your voice and your face.
Speaker 4: Person likes the studios, Yeah, so they can use it and do AI stuff and train their models off of you and everything.
Speaker 1: Oh this is getting scary, man, no, this is real. It's scary. No, say it's out there. I mean, I don't know if you saw The Andy Warhol.
Speaker 3: Diaries was a documentary series that was incredible and Bill Over in this amazing actor did the voice, but they used AI to make his voice just like Andy Warhol. And when you listening to you're going wait a minute, when did they get those And that was a while ago when they did that. Yes, and yeah they did just to match his voice to put it in the right pocket. And it was incredible. But at the same time you're like, but he's soon, they won't even need Biller when you know what I mean to get the AI and you skip him in the salary and the job and.
Speaker 2: And every time we use this technology work training those Yes, yes, what.
Speaker 11: Was that game?
Speaker 1: Member?
Speaker 3: Remember the Pick of Chew whatever game it was that you went around?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: That was teaching AI GPS, so mapping things that they couldn't map.
Speaker 6: Now I'm about a little bit like I said the Honeymooners, right, Yes, it was a black honeymoon.
Speaker 1: How amazing was that?
Speaker 6: A love that countt you know, Cramden And then you get the call that you're going to be the dog trainer, Like just actually because when I look at the Honeymooners, speaking of white, I didn't realize the Honeymooners was an old white cat.
Speaker 1: Wow, Like I.
Speaker 5: Didn't realize that because, by the way, was black and white.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, you couldn't till they were waiting black come on, you might have had about TV. That's the first thing that I didn't when we make it black Mikes and they got so you get the call and then what is the scene that be? Like when you get the call?
Speaker 3: I was so excited and what a great constant with a great idea. I love Cedric, I like Mike Apps. And then we had a great time on set the movie not so much.
Speaker 1: I love the movie.
Speaker 3: That I'll take it back that yeah, yeah, my dad, can you raise that? You know?
Speaker 1: Lovehing to It really captured the New York City, like you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: You know we shot that movie.
Speaker 1: Was it in New York?
Speaker 3: It wasn't in America, Canada, No, bro Ireland. Wh way to Ireland, that's where we shought that they brought it.
Speaker 1: They brought a city bus to Ireland. It was train. What the fuck is that insane? That's crazy? All right? So when when Ralph is yelling to Norton that's in Ireland. Yeah, is that wild? God?
Speaker 3: Because now they have Latin black people in Ireland, so they could do it because the extras were all Irish, like you would. You would talk to him and they'd be like, oh, what the top of the Martin? How are you about to go? Well, they kissed the bar, did you? And and but they're black on the team.
Speaker 1: You're like an Irish accent. Yeah, that was terrible. You need a it's not you before you grew up here in Miami. Okay, we grew up in Queens.
Speaker 3: We had everybody or Jamaican.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they were all in Jamaicans.
Speaker 13: In a movie, you killed the guy who invaded? Who invented method acting? No, no, no, in real life. In real life, I studied with Lee Strassburg. He meant to the method, and I was in his class one day.
Speaker 1: Invented the method that about method acting, method acting.
Speaker 3: Le Strassberg created the method for me, which is what I follow in my technique. And I was in his class for one day and my acting exercises killed him. My acting was so bad and killed him.
Speaker 1: He died that night.
Speaker 3: I did exercise in his classicus.
Speaker 1: The way said, I didn't killed him, I mean, why is what? He died that night? Okay, so he died.
Speaker 3: He died for real February second, nineteen eighty two or something like that.
Speaker 1: Look it up. It's for real. He died that day. I was in his Contebruary first. Say what was he.
Speaker 3: Very second in the morning, very second?
Speaker 1: That night he passed? Yeah, yeah, for real. And he told you he didn't like you act. Yeah he said it was. It was terrible. I don't like it. What the hell are you doing in my class?
Speaker 3: That was?
Speaker 1: It was my first day.
Speaker 3: You can't pay me to be good, but it's class for to fail, right, So I went there and I failed.
Speaker 1: And the fact that he was from from New York, he was like whatever, yeah whatever. But it didn't even affect you. No, I kept going, I kept going. Did you figure this guy was supposed to be Yeah? No, no, I knew he was massive.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, especially the day after he passed, it was like so quiet, you know, and then they closed the school down, and yeah it was a big deal.
Speaker 1: I mean it was a big loss.
Speaker 3: I mean he he taught uh Brando James Dean, Malon Monroe I mean he told yeah, yeah, all the it.
Speaker 1: Was all white all the movie you stopped watching. Yeah, So I'm sorry, but did that throw you off a little bit?
Speaker 3: Like, oh, yeah, I definitely throws you off a little bit. I mean I'm not imperviable, I'm not invincible. So yeah, and then I went and say with other acting teachers and killed him as well.
Speaker 1: I did it. He died as well. I did a season in his class and he passed us. No, I'm not lying, going on, where's this classes at? Okay?
Speaker 2: Okay, you find out Betty Blank is the one attending the classes.
Speaker 6: So have you ever been I've gotten better since Yeah, you're all aged. Have you ever been off of a role that you was offended?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean lots, lots, lots.
Speaker 3: I mean there's so many I can't remember now which ones they were, but yeah, there was too many dealers, too many villains. Yeah, and I got sick of that. Go I can't keep denigrating my people like this, because now I'm becoming part of the problem.
Speaker 1: You know, is the drug dealer name Jose? What is the drug dealer name holds? Always?
Speaker 3: They always Jose Ray Ray.
Speaker 11: Ray, because way great way, I thought that was like for the black actors, they got very right.
Speaker 1: Well, you got yeah, I got in New York, we do you know everything?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right, that's right, cross couch and whatnot.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then and then there were stupid roles that I shouldn't have. I mean, great roles that I turned down that was dumb, Like what mister and Missus Smith the Vinced one part.
Speaker 1: I turned it down mister and Missus Smith, well because they offered me scale.
Speaker 3: And I was like, you know, they're making the biggest bucks of their life, twenty million each and they're gonna offer me two thousand dollars a week.
Speaker 1: I was like, is it because I'm Latinos? Why do you know me?
Speaker 4: You know me?
Speaker 3: So I passed on that Happy Feet, I passed on the Robin Williams part o the cart Yeah okay, I said, I said, yeah, I SAYD six is coming out in spring six.
Speaker 4: Do you find it there's more freedom in those those type of roles that the animated roles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, it's so fun. I mean I had a lot of freedom in Bruno and Canto. We did mad ad libs and improvisations.
Speaker 1: It was so fun.
Speaker 3: Had a blast with said, I do get to improvise and ad lib a lot, but not as much because there's so much action involved. It gets a little a little tricker. But I was the first to record I sage by myself, and then I laid the groundwork and then everybody else jumped in.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Has there ever been a role you turned down onto? You spogled earlier that you regret.
Speaker 1: The mister and missus Smith. Oh yeah, I regret that one a lot. That was that was that was.
Speaker 2: That was a big miss You would have even though knowing what you know now, you still you would have you.
Speaker 3: I would have gone back and I would have said, yeah, okay, negotiating more.
Speaker 1: No, they said that said this no negotiating, So you would have taken it. Yeah, I would take you and shut up because I was.
Speaker 3: I was going to rock that role. I was gonna make it so fainy. But in the two thousand dollars a week just just offended me.
Speaker 1: Man, they're defending me. You know, sometimes when.
Speaker 3: You're a minority, you feel like everything's against you or or it's an insult, but sometimes it isn't. Sometimes you're so used to responding negatively to things.
Speaker 2: It's important to differentiate that.
Speaker 1: It's hard to man, how do you do? How do you It's hard.
Speaker 3: It's hard my therapist because I recommend therapy to all Latin people because we're the most people that need it because of the assaults on us constantly. So I've been in therapy and my therapist would say, you know, Jon, they look at that window.
Speaker 1: You see that person running. He had a Spanish accent. Look at that you see that person running? Why is he running?
Speaker 3: And I go because they're trying to kill him. He goes, no junk, He's trying to catch the bus. And I was like, oh wow, that's how I see the world, man, thank you, That's how I see the world, like in negative, negative kind of way constantly, you know, because this is the way you grow up. They say, kids in the ghetto grew up with PTSD for them so much stretch they don't even know how to quantify it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. I was watching it's crazy.
Speaker 6: I was watching the you know, it's a bad part of the Internet, and it's like, okay, part of the Internet.
Speaker 1: I was on the bad part of the Internet. I was watching this guy and he was.
Speaker 6: Yelling to his girl, and that's the jealousis girls like, yo, man, come outside, like forgive me or whateverever, and there's a straight shootout happening.
Speaker 1: He doesn't flinch at Oh wow, He's just sitting there like hey, please come up. And I'm talking about this guy.
Speaker 6: He's just sitting there and I'm like, that's some funked up ship like like he's almost used to a war like yeah, used to.
Speaker 3: Walk functioning in a war war zone. Absolutely, so, uh thank you Boom.
Speaker 2: You did you did a role in the original Miami Vice series.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, nineteen eighty six. I was I was like nineteen twenty years old, and.
Speaker 1: Did you have your shirt open? Yeah, you got your shirt?
Speaker 3: But I looked like a child.
Speaker 1: That looks so I look like a punk.
Speaker 3: I look so yeah, yeah I look.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was supposed to be the villain. Y now look like I was a villain of.
Speaker 3: The episode, like come to Revenge the the first episode was supposed to be my dad who started the whole Miami Vice series. So I was coming into revenge room. Oh yeah, so you know, I'm supposed to be this mafia prince and I'm blowing my sister up for betraying us the family and she's got her baby, and I blow them up.
Speaker 1: It was ridiculous. Now you told CMO to take Christopher Columbus statute.
Speaker 3: That, Yeah, come on, he telling people? Why do we tell people love?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Put Tonyanner, put Frank Sinadra.
Speaker 1: Come on, you got a lot of legends. Hold on to him. He's like Hitler. You know.
Speaker 3: He came here and and basically genocided all the Caribbean of Taino people and Arawak tribes.
Speaker 1: He tortured.
Speaker 3: If you try to run, he will cut your feet off, if if if you weren't producing enough gold or silver, he will cut your hands off and hang him on your neck. He burnt, he's sick, dogs on babies. He burned people alive. He was the cruelest man in the history of the world. He had a ring. He bragged in his journal about having a prostitution ring of nine year old Native American girls.
Speaker 1: He was the first. Jeffrey Yeah, yeah, he was. That's why he went to the island.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yea, so yes, I talked Hobo. There's so many others to Tony Bennett. Come on, put the pucino up there. You don't need Columbus.
Speaker 1: Let him go. Let them go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, Italians, Yeah, exactly, put the nero put Marissa Tom Yes, yes, but let's let let let let Columbus go.
Speaker 6: And then how about Spain people, people from people from Spain, people from Spain.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't got nothing against them, except they're not Latino. That you're Spanish, you're white European Latino people. For the majority part, we're part indigenous part after Latino. We we got a mixed breed that's a beautiful culture in our own language and everything and and and history of literature and and art and.
Speaker 1: Europe different Europe, European.
Speaker 2: But it is hard to negate because we speak Spanish.
Speaker 4: A lot of our some of not all of our culture, a lot of our cultures mixed African everywhere else. But a lot of our questions just come from Spans, from Spain and Spain to a degree.
Speaker 3: You know, we gave weed line people because we were colonized. All our contributions have been erased. But we gave the world and Spain a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had.
Speaker 3: We gave Spain five hundred thousand tons of gold. That's like filling up the Empire state building a time and a half. And that funded all of Europe for the Renaissance later Renaissance Enlightenment. That was all our gold and our silver funded the Constantinople Empire and the and the and the Chinese government.
Speaker 1: Because that's where they love silver.
Speaker 3: We gave the world rubber uh, Chili's, uh, sunflower seeds, tapioca, chocolate, vanilla, popcorn, peanuts.
Speaker 1: Tambell does yea, the rubber ball we met the rubber ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and and uh galvanization. We invented that before Goodyear. Goodyear took the credit, but we had invented that already.
Speaker 1: Hold the means to bathroomall keep going yeac keuep going. Yeah. You know, I'm the ray Man of Latin facts. I know all that shit.
Speaker 4: Well, no, because I mean I'm saying that because if you're Latino, it's hard.
Speaker 2: We speak Spanish derives from Spain.
Speaker 4: So I mean, well, I have my grandfather on my dad he's full Spanish right right, So you know, I just feel like there is a part of us that we can the gate from that part.
Speaker 2: You understand, no doubt what that empire did you go to Spain?
Speaker 4: Now they have Christopher Columbus statues all over it because it enriched their empire.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean it made Europe the powerful empires that they were in eighteen hundreds and nineteen hundreds. But that was all from us, right, They wouldn't be those powerful empires if it wasn't they were taking all our gold, all our all our silver, all our emeralds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I just think sometimes it's it's a tough to break away.
Speaker 1: It ain't tough for me. It ain't tough, no, no, no, I mean for me because family, it's direct family. So well, you know, I went on.
Speaker 3: Henry Lewis Gates show, and I'm the first person in this show because everybody else is like three or four generations, and then back to Europe, especially Latin people is one or two generations. In back to Spain, I'm five hundred years on both sides. In the Americas, the only person that's been on Lewis Henry Gates show that goes that far back.
Speaker 2: But there's definitely no doubt.
Speaker 4: And this is I think that Latinos and all Caribbean and Latin American people's suffer for is we're suffering from the effects of colonialism.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, the way.
Speaker 2: It brainwashed, it divided people by different you.
Speaker 3: Know, exploitation has been NonStop. Every time we're about to democratize the country, the US comes in and because they start to nationalize all the oil or resources and they come in and take them out and put a right wing guy that becomes an assassin, an autocrat, a dictator.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing in Africa.
Speaker 3: Every time Africa wants to become the United States of Africa, that that leader is going to disappear, is going to be found dead.
Speaker 6: Okay, you want to do a quick Thomas Lnes do it man, explain to him the ruth.
Speaker 1: Well, let's get week.
Speaker 2: Since you guys aren't drinking, we got some some drinkers.
Speaker 1: I need to come on. So you need two alcoholics. Were about join? Oh yes or no? Bro? You're like, okay, so just Sonny, don't wry. You've been rowing out. You can get a drunk for a while lately. I've been watching you. I really want to drink. He's sitting it out. You need a shot glasses. I thought that was Eddie.
Speaker 4: I was like, don't use that little Thing's wrong with you, bro, brow have a real properly dog glass.
Speaker 2: So this is our drinking game, A nice We're gonna give you something to get.
Speaker 1: Drunk from me.
Speaker 3: Ye awesome, I love that. I wish I had you growing up.
Speaker 1: Designated drink good. We all needed that. We're gonna give you two choices.
Speaker 2: If you pick one, we don't.
Speaker 4: Drink, right, So whatever this versus if I lose you drinking, but if you decide you don't really want to answer, or you say both, you really don't want to pick one.
Speaker 1: I want to pick.
Speaker 3: I say I say both.
Speaker 4: If you say both or neither, we're drinking all of us? Will us who are drinking? What if I say both, you can say.
Speaker 1: Both of us. I don't want to come in and drink. Charlie, you want to drink it? Come on, come on, come out against somebody else.
Speaker 4: Really, what we want out of this is any stories that come up of anything we mentioned, any ideas anything.
Speaker 2: Come on, Charlie, you're represented, see mama?
Speaker 1: Or what what are you drinking? What are you drinking? You're drinking, mamajuana, Mama.
Speaker 3: That's some good ship Dominican.
Speaker 2: You know you know what I put myself last. No ste here, that's don't listen to those.
Speaker 8: Guys over there, all right, but I don't got no you got the.
Speaker 1: List you said to it. Oh God, I got I got it. You need a glass to all right, So drinking with.
Speaker 4: Us today, we got sunny, DBT and chill.
Speaker 2: Right, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: All right, ready let me set it on, go set it off. He's playing on the rules already, right I did.
Speaker 3: Okay, So NAS or l L who j oh wow, that's a tough one, man. I mean they're both such huge legends. Goes for real, both from Queens Queens. Oh, from Queens. Nas is from Queensbridge Projects.
Speaker 1: So that's closer than me.
Speaker 3: Right, so I think I'm gonna have I like, oh man, l A l A had the more pop sound, the more catchy tunes, but Nas add more teeth, more bite into what he was saying.
Speaker 1: I go no, because he was just closer to me geographically. Okay, cool Carris, want to rock him? Fuck?
Speaker 3: These are hard Harris one was a teacher man racquem you know he took it, brought the jazz into hip hop.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say both, Okay, good fellas.
Speaker 3: That's a that's a toughess.
Speaker 1: I kind of think I know the answer. It is off for you New York guys, Mets Yankees.
Speaker 3: Oh that's easy.
Speaker 1: Come on, I'm from Queens. What am I gonna go betray my people?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Mess, that's in that house. There's a lot of people from Queens who are Yankee fans. Yeah they don't. A lot of people like they're a little confused. Queens Queens of Ballata. I gotta go both. How can I You got it? Big l or big punt? Oh wow?
Speaker 3: Well you know we we wanted to do the story of big puns. I'm gonna say big punt so the family will give me the rights?
Speaker 1: That right? Bad Bunny or Daddy Yankee?
Speaker 3: Oh Man, Daddy Yankee was the first guy to come out with rigatone. He was the first one to Oh but then Bad Bunny took it to like international levels, man, and what he's doing with this platform, being political and outspoken like that. I gotta go Bad Bunny, I'm sorry, Okay, okay, Well he's done for the culture is incredible.
Speaker 1: Man skipped ONEX. I met the MX man.
Speaker 3: He's from New York too, He's from a state young because yeah, yeah, what a nice dude, man. I mean, but Tupac, Come on, DMX had the angry party voice. I love the angriest Party Voice, you have work. Except for Onyx, you were angry. They were angrier Party Voice. But Tupac was legendary. Man, He's like took it to the whole.
Speaker 2: I feel like they filled the same void, you know, like.
Speaker 1: You both like a little grime year.
Speaker 4: But I felt like that energy, you know, like after Park passed, I feel like, DMX.
Speaker 1: What what do you What do you think? What do you think? I want to know what you think?
Speaker 3: With me?
Speaker 1: M I would go Park. Yeah, I think you gotta go Park. I mean just yeah, because I mean influenced, I believe as well. Yeah.
Speaker 3: DMX would say Pocket, he definitely would.
Speaker 1: Okay, the Pest or super Mario Bros. But you trying to say about me ship snap Yeah okay.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, when I did Superman Brothers, I thought it was gonna be a much bigger hit than it was.
Speaker 1: It wasn't.
Speaker 3: It wasn't critically loved, but so many people grew up with it and fell in love with and now the remake it was massive, man.
Speaker 1: So that was because of what we did.
Speaker 3: The past was my attempt at doing you know, Latin comedy, and it was before get Out because the plot of the Pest is this Puerto Rican kid who is brought to this island, so this white hunter can and can hunt them down like like like a species.
Speaker 1: We were first. I'll say both drink. Okay, okay, now technically it's super Mario. Is he Italian? Yeah?
Speaker 3: They catch me the Latin kid.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got one off there.
Speaker 2: Dick Cheney or Steven Miller?
Speaker 1: Wow, would you pick up.
Speaker 3: For you? Who would I picked for one?
Speaker 1: This is your criteria to get hit.
Speaker 2: One of them has better here?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Wow, wow, the president of that shot.
Speaker 3: They're both disgusting, I say both. They're both unbearably Yeah, they're both despicable, disgusting, horrible human beings. Yeah, both, so drink. Don't drink to them? Thought Heavy D? Oh? Wow, I met Heavy Dan, I met I met bis Marquis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rest in peace. Amazing. I thought Heavy D was Puerto Rican, but he wasn't. He's not. No, he's not I thought he was. You know, he wasn't. He's just playing a lot. He's drunk.
Speaker 3: He's only three shots, three shots, he's already.
Speaker 1: Three sheets to the wind. Puerto Rican. Oh snap, that's a horriblee man. Biz Marquis or Heavy D They're both fun.
Speaker 3: They had such great swing to their hip hop brought so much fun since lightness, you know what I mean? That was when hip hop was fun. It was about fun things, about being funny and and having a great groove before gang should rap. Damn, I gotta say both both. The legendary bro.
Speaker 1: I'most skip one. You will go back to that, all right, Jake Alvin, Oh fat, Joe, Oh wow, once Colombian, once, Puerto Rican once from the b X one.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you know appropriate appropriates? Didn't Jay Balma get canceled?
Speaker 1: What will happened? Write somethh it happened but went down? Relax? Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: The Dominican girls that he had unleashes and onnot for a music video.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah that was kind of rough. I'll say. Everybody here knows. Yeah, yeah, it's so okay. So we're not so I say both.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what you get, A fucking drug. I said, you're incanto. Oh man, don't make me choose. I can't choose between my two bread winners. I don't have to both.
Speaker 2: Can't enough man, cheers, cheers, cheers.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's rough, because Spike Lee is my boy. Summer Sam was a Spike Lee joint and to Wong Fu was groundbreaking. Man. A lot of L G T b Q plus teenagers came up to me and they said that movie gave the course to come out to their folks. I gotta say both both are great.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, you're killing us that he doesn't want to drink.
Speaker 3: That's the point. So okay, Nick, you ready the faces Nick for the next Come on, that's easy, bro. Come on, I've been nicked forever. I'm going to the game this Thursday, court side next to fight. So nixt all the way, nixt all the way it's been, it's been.
Speaker 1: I'm a lifetime Knicks fan. It's been a rough, rough journey.
Speaker 6: It has been a rough looking very good the last year he's looking incredible.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, these last few weeks not so great. But okay, last week weeks we've been. Yeah, we had a couple of losses that he wasn't gonna get to that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but we'll pick it back up. I mean, Bronson has having a little bit a difficult time. Bridges also having I don't know what's going on, man, Davin.
Speaker 1: Since heart put his finger up brusting butt.
Speaker 2: Same, I don't even know what you you got the talk about.
Speaker 3: You're already gone, you're fucked out.
Speaker 1: Somebody, but that's serious. The next one like it was like a yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah to h thement in Vegas, like I guess that's how they play, but it got caught on camera and it looked it looked weird. Be Real to Fat Joe No, I replaced Jake Wilburma, Oh you did, yeah.
Speaker 2: To be Real real real from Cypress Him or Fat Joe.
Speaker 1: Oh be Real, Fat Joe.
Speaker 3: Oh snap, that's a hardbum man, I mean be Real and uh Cypress Hill. They did some gangster fun stuff, man, and it was like the early latinos to come.
Speaker 1: Out with him Cubist Cuban, Mexican grew up with Afro Cuban.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah yeah and be really is is Afro Cuban, half Mexican, half.
Speaker 1: Cuban, right, but he's also Afro Cuban. Yeah yeah, yeah, no no doubt, yeah yeah from Southgate.
Speaker 3: I'm I mean did great, great, great music.
Speaker 1: Man, It's so fun both Okay, I like this game of course you do, right, I love it? Good Royal Hector Levo.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's impossible, man, I mean George Royal Colombian just some of the most powerful.
Speaker 1: Those are the political.
Speaker 3: Songs and sounds that you ever heard in your life.
Speaker 1: Political, but you did.
Speaker 3: Song to it and love all had the voice of the people. Man.
Speaker 1: That voice was was represented all of us. They call the voice. Yeah, the voice both they're not gonna get able to get out. I mean, which is you better get a designated driver I do over there rolling on the bluffs or scarface.
Speaker 3: Oh you know, I'm gonna go with Carlito's. Wait, man, I'm gonna choose my own.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right, metal man ace Okay for us?
Speaker 3: Oh man, I got a special place for both of those songs because when I heard the Streets, I felt like I was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is too you know. You know Middleman is some dogs bro. Yeah, yeah, I didn't know. I didn't know it. I met him.
Speaker 3: I met him back in the day. Oh shoot, I'm gonna say both because they were really important to us.
Speaker 1: And then then yeah, kinds of reasons for you to drink. So this is the last question for Qui. Okay, this was the last question with Kaslim. Do you're gonna get back in the interviews? Thank you that loyalty or respect.
Speaker 3: Loyalty or respect? Oh shoot, that's that's a beautiful uh and.
Speaker 2: It seems like it's a true question for a lot of our guests.
Speaker 3: Loyalty is kind of weird because it's such a gangster thing, like, you know, that's what Trump likes, loyalty. But I think respect is something that's earned that you don't just get that. You have to have certain qualities and certain virtues to be respected.
Speaker 1: I'll go with respect respect. Okay, yeah, okay, he said, oh yeah, yeah, both. I meant whatever.
Speaker 4: Thank you, fellas, Hey take your coming, see the come Sonny, Sonny, Sonny.
Speaker 1: Thank you said. Let's talk about mambo mouth. Oh yeah, yeah, let's talk about it. How did that come about? By the way, this Cuban coffee got.
Speaker 4: But I'm like, yeah, yeah, would you like no, no, no, bring me one really quick.
Speaker 1: You need it. You need this over up before we get to Mamo mam.
Speaker 6: Okay, let's let's talk about coffee because that was a unique.
Speaker 1: This is how we judge our interviews. We've been doing this for ten years. We go on ten years.
Speaker 14: Yeah yeah, yeah, so we we like we we judge like where time they come and and what what's their drink order?
Speaker 1: One? You came super early? Which is which is which is super early? Yeah? He came half an hour yes, yeah, yeah time. But you ordered coffee? Now you have do you have love for coffee?
Speaker 3: Or is that coffee? And when I do press okay? Yeah, yeah, I want to stay up. I want to stay hyper, I want to stay on point.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So what what what?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 3: Don't make mistakes? Mistakes are costly in the biz right now?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So what's your favorite coffee that we should go to? Americano cappuccino?
Speaker 3: I mean this capito is the bomb. This is this, but you don't get this in New York. Yeah, the home he was making it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, no that that. This is called the big Guy okay and makes the best ball out in Miami. And I'm a Lobo weather reporter that bring out weather.
Speaker 3: And I bring up asino every day and this is the this is the best ball had cheers.
Speaker 1: You know. This is like rocket field, right, I'm like, yea, even the bust around. I'm sitting I'm sitting still. Yeah, I'm like this. I'm like, oh I got run.
Speaker 3: I'm like I've been reading on my sirs, whole time, like Hulk, except for coffee.
Speaker 1: But I lie, this is this is? This is your eye? Tell me he's something like?
Speaker 3: It was something like that something?
Speaker 1: Did they only make this here in Miami? Like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I don't make it in Manhattan. No, like she didn't make it anywhere.
Speaker 1: Okay, Like you have Cubans. I mean that's one thing you're reading. Yeah yeah, Holy Ship? Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: You queens you never had that, Okay, you would have got good grades. Then we spoke about it lightly, but it's Cuban atter.
Speaker 1: All you need to relax. I like talking to something.
Speaker 3: Like that.
Speaker 1: I gotta sell you one more thing. So that's that's that's good. We got the series out, Yeah, yeah, Prime? So what it's on Prime?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, Disney Plush? Oh Ship? Well I thought I saw it on Prime. No No, No, I don't think they shared it yet. I watch it on Disney Plus. I don't got Hulu. Do you have Disney Plus? See what your little kids? You got Disney Plus? Oh Ship? Not getting because you got ESPN with it too.
Speaker 2: You might just get it, I know.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying I saw it. Are you sure it's not a problem? No, bro, it's not.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's not a problem if you got a Buleg version.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Leg, you gotta be a version.
Speaker 4: I recall it, and it's a quick watch because the episodes are relatively short.
Speaker 1: Half out. Yeah, and it's all Spanish, right, all Spanish.
Speaker 3: And I did a dumb version in English, but the Spanish one is I.
Speaker 2: Started watching English and I reverted to the Spanish.
Speaker 3: Oh good, good, good man, because because I worked hard at my action to make it as a spot version, I dubbed it really okay.
Speaker 1: People who don't like to read.
Speaker 4: The girl saicadio, she's Argentina, right, No, Colombia, is she?
Speaker 2: I swore to got her accents seemed Argentina to me.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, I might be wrong. I just know I might be wrong. I know she was Argentine. I was like, she sees Argentina to me.
Speaker 2: Everybody else had the Colombian accent.
Speaker 3: One of the one guy was Mexican. Who the kid with the boyfriend of that girl, the d the one that got killed.
Speaker 1: Yes, what was it?
Speaker 3: He was Mexican dude, but he had a good Colombian accent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 3: Jo contentions and Colombiano Okay, Alchimo Parlo, she loves for.
Speaker 1: That wasps see.
Speaker 6: What Pablo's So, now do you do you experience because they say this is a new Columbia, right, like a new Columbia, you know, like right now like yeah, like like like like married man cannot go Oh that's hard.
Speaker 3: You look for that many man you look for that's always been there, always be like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's here in America too. Just why no, no Columbia, Columbia like this.
Speaker 6: Listen on the marriage certificated, they say, if you go to Columbia, so yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean they.
Speaker 1: Got seriously beautiful women down there. I mean ridiculous beautiful, ridicuously beautiful.
Speaker 3: I mean the gene is known as the sex capital is beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah you knew that, but that's beautiful. I looked at it.
Speaker 2: That's what I said.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's the sex capital of the world. Okay.
Speaker 3: I shot there, and you know there was like people from all over the world looking for, you know, a fund.
Speaker 1: Opportunity that we know of. We have our homies here, the go there all the time. I'm just like this, I'm gonna go like this. By the way, that's the cocaine section. Just the show.
Speaker 6: You know Columbia, right, they break the questions for quick Thomas line.
Speaker 1: We felt.
Speaker 4: I went into the documentary out there and out of the five dudes I was with, two of them went missing.
Speaker 1: For sure, get back happy as hell after yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, no, it's it's a wild time out there. Yeah, holy moam, you've been Columbia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you been coming to I tell you what I'm talking about it and now it is Colombia.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, listen. I hate.
Speaker 6: I'm hating clearly when I was when I had to break it up, it was not it was not the Columbia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there is. I've been looking at.
Speaker 4: Instagram, like he saw titlan to the creator killing it in Colombia.
Speaker 6: What did he do?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah yeah he was killing well.
Speaker 4: He went to he did a Latin American roum which he paid homage to every country was in and he was on love and he was like he wore the the like the straw hat in Columbia.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah, it was good for him. You got to work and you got to work in That's the reason why when we broke up Spain earlier, when we was on so we went we stopped in Spade. I believe it was Madrid and Mado. I always tell the story. Mato was like Meto is, he's my Dominican friend, but he knows every accent, so he knows the Mexican accent, he knows the Dominican accent, like we bring him and he just they think he's whatever.
Speaker 1: The only place that did not work. He started speaking and the guy just looked at him and excuse me speaking English? You're like English, And I was like ship because the food was too good.
Speaker 6: I was like, I said, they ship at some point because because they started.
Speaker 1: Going back and forth. That the only place and didn't work.
Speaker 3: At Yeah, that song was an anthem and your song was in you know the Man, and there was the first stoutration in the flag.
Speaker 1: It was the first time I wanted to put like, you know, like the flags together all that.
Speaker 6: You know, I actually traveled to at least ninety percent of those countries.
Speaker 1: So when Bad Bundy did that, and he kind of remade that or from me. So you said, you said, you said you was crying. I was crying too.
Speaker 6: I didn't want to steal that moment from you because because like when I saw that, I was just like, yo, you know what I mean? Because one thing that I noticed about traveling outside of the United States, this is some crazy thing, is if you're racist to me, I'm prejudiced towards you. You know what, They all look at us like Americans right right, Like if you're racist or if you like I hate other people that you live by, I suggest you travel outside of the United States because soon as they say something you like, oh, you're American, like they categorized us in the same category. And that's the same thing they do with Latinos, you know what, I tell you, always a poppy or cheekos.
Speaker 2: The same on for Latinos and comfortable places too.
Speaker 4: I tell, like, my Latin friends here that are kind of leaning right, I said, uh, travel outside of Miami and see.
Speaker 1: How you're leaning right. That's that's that's the republic whatever.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: I really don't. I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't care about either side of the coin of the government, side of the parties. I think they're actually at the end of the day, probably both against us.
Speaker 1: But the ones that that lean to.
Speaker 4: The right, that are my friends right now that are dealing with right now, I tell them, leave this city and see.
Speaker 1: How your comfort level is you don't gonna go that far. You go to Fort Mayas, Yeah yeah, you go to alle Alley, Jacksonville, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: You leave Brower County and you're already Oh damn, this is a little yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 8: So what is it?
Speaker 1: What is your favorite part of the the business?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: Is it making a movie or is it actually seeing the movie premiere? Oh? Wow? I mean, I love the process of creating the work. Uh.
Speaker 3: I just did this incredible movie called The Odyssey that comes out in July seventh.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be the monster hit of the decade. Uh.
Speaker 3: And and it's and it's and it was an incredible process. First of all, Chris Nolan is an amazing visionary. He's above every other director I worked with. I mean, and and and I've worked with some amazing people, Baz Luhrmann, Brian de Palmer, Tony Scott, Spike, Lee, Ava Duberniy. I worked with some greats, but he takes it to a hall of the level, man. I mean they filmed in seven different countries Morocco, Sicily, Greece, Iceland, Scotland in la six months.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Everything was organic, no no c G I no AI. The Greek ships from the three hundred BC were all made for the movie. Actual locations. We were shot on the top of Sicily, on top of this two.
Speaker 1: Hundred foot mountain.
Speaker 3: We all had to be helicoptered every day for a month. The whole entire crew, seventy people had to be helicopter and all the animals that live on top of this mountain where there was a castle from the uh uh the three D.
Speaker 1: They flew all the animals up.
Speaker 3: There because they couldn't get the cows and the and the.
Speaker 1: Boars and then the pigs and all that.
Speaker 6: Ah, that's crazy. That makes alloyds for that. Yeah, but God comes down from earth heaven. I'm sorry, that's the define I'm.
Speaker 1: Drink.
Speaker 6: So God comes down from Heaven his job. You're gonna make a movie to save humanity.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 6: You get to pick your director and you get to pick your coastar. Yeah, who's your director?
Speaker 1: Who's man? Googler? Is my director? Googlers?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay from the Bay Area? Are ye work foods? Fell Station? Your food?
Speaker 6: Michael Jordan Yeah yeah, I could be Jordan, but in my co star you will be the Latine Jordan's Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll be the Latin.
Speaker 1: B Jordan's.
Speaker 3: And my co star is going to be uh Melissa Barrera.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, whom Melissa barrere supposed to google that? Google that fast?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Come on, yeah, come on bro. Now you're looking at me. I'm looking at you. You're looking at me. It's Googles are working getting approval.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's green bron Okay, okay, now let me actually looking hip proofs.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, I know, I forget.
Speaker 6: But there's a famous movie right hallm nights right yeah yeah, and you know you get you get the hints that you know, Kevin Hard is making me making this over. What Latino movie would you want to make over?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm always.
Speaker 3: A great.
Speaker 1: I love that make fun of love.
Speaker 12: Man's a coffee, it's extra you go creation so milk.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 3: I mean, I I don't want to put so many gangs the films into the into the atmosphere, but Scarfish would be done. To remake that with a real Latin actor, like like Niciel Toro or or Benjamin it would be dope, you know what I mean, like really make remake it, but make it real.
Speaker 1: He just made me think did you see that movie?
Speaker 4: Oh man, the one was Sean Payne Benicio, the one that just got Chicario's No.
Speaker 3: No. One Battle after another.
Speaker 2: I just saw recently.
Speaker 1: Crazy Yeah, the best part. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Have you seen how about our go Let's do our goal, Let's do it over again?
Speaker 4: Guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, was playing a Mexican dude, that's right.
Speaker 1: He was an FBI, a Mexican FBI. He didn't Latin guy.
Speaker 3: He dot his hair black, he put ahead a mustache.
Speaker 1: I didn't see that. But let me hello, let me play Devil's advocate.
Speaker 2: If someone told you, but an actor could play anything.
Speaker 3: Right, that's the way it should be, right. But it hasn't been like that.
Speaker 1: We couldn't even play in our own movies.
Speaker 2: Man, right, I see what you're saying.
Speaker 3: That's the problem.
Speaker 1: I mean, is the catching touch of evil.
Speaker 3: A bird Lancaster playing Mexican with like brown face and whatnot Eli wallach In in Sam Peckham Paul movie The Last like this, we don't need those thinking budges, you know, like.
Speaker 1: The Last Mexican played by Brad Pitt.
Speaker 3: That's another one. I mean, there's so many of that.
Speaker 1: It's called the Last Mexican and Brad Pitt the last Mexican.
Speaker 11: You know, remember something like that last last summer last.
Speaker 1: That's what.
Speaker 3: A different one?
Speaker 1: That's a different one, this one, the.
Speaker 5: Last He's like, yes, something like that, something like that becomes a Brad is playing the last Mexicans, like, did you guys find that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I know, crazy, get something, and I changes the context the last saying I'm like, what the fuck.
Speaker 1: With Julia Wabas Yeah? Yeah, and Tony Soprano in there too, yeah, change Dandelfini yea.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I wondered nothing thinking about this the way we said it. I wonder if Japanese people felt that way about the Lesson. We're like, what the funk?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What about the last summer?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: The last group? It's like people, all right, they must have been coming.
Speaker 3: That's why you go to the last last quarto Ricans?
Speaker 1: Who's gonna play that?
Speaker 2: Honey?
Speaker 1: Is no bad money to kill it? Yeah? Yeah, I'm gonna do it. I'm doing I'm doing a movie on handball, oh for real?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You nice? Sure, I'm not a nice you see how you think about it? You gotta get that that from that back, cracking your hand, Yeah.
Speaker 3: You gotta get that early before everybody starts playing, because otherwise your hand's not gonna be hard enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to kill it, to kill it. Everybody in the corner and let it roll out. Yeah, okay, you spin on the ball, Okay, okay, yeah, be sneaking into the handball?
Speaker 3: No, you knows dump into handball. Is Ed O'Neil, the guy from a Modern Family really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he loves he loves handball.
Speaker 5: Hero.
Speaker 1: He's from Queens.
Speaker 3: He's trying to playing hand Yeah, he's the guy man, he plays handful.
Speaker 1: Man, I know how to put my hands in my shorts because.
Speaker 6: I mean he was, He's all he's alleged. When you watch TV, you gotta you gotta do the out Bundy, come on, come on, goddamn.
Speaker 1: So he knows how to play hand yeah yeah, wow.
Speaker 6: You know like dodgeball, Yeah yeah, dodgeball like that's like the Underground funny movie, but handball handball, like you know.
Speaker 1: The guy with the.
Speaker 2: Head man and he says the pitch right now.
Speaker 1: Definitely is.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Both drink.
Speaker 6: Do you ever do you ever think where like uh it would it ever be like uh, you know, like they haven't the moment like you know, like uh like I said with hard them Knights, was like, yeah you see these these a black comedian, you'll go into the four four.
Speaker 1: Do you ever feel like the Latin movement is going to have that moment?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's definitely coming.
Speaker 3: I mean we've got a lot of obstacles to overcome, you know, but we're getting to the point where we're getting more and more and more power, more and more stars. You know, we got Oscar Isaacs, we got Petter up b a scal you know, you got j Low, you got Dennist. We got enough talent now and moving up in the power structure to be able to green light those type of movies that are all Latin. I mean, look at Incanto, that finally happened man, in all Latin Latin story.
Speaker 1: You had the animated movie before.
Speaker 2: Coco, Coco.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was a great one. That was another great Yeah Coco. I thought that was about the Hawaiian people. No, no, no, no, you're thinking of Mowana. Oh yeah, the last Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're getting there, man, We're getting close.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that changes a lot because it's changing the children's ideas of themselves.
Speaker 1: They see themselves represented.
Speaker 3: I mean, did you see those little kids dancing to and Kanto seeing themselves. I mean, it was incredible when when little apple Latino children saw themselves in that movie reflected back and they light their eyes light up seeing.
Speaker 1: That they know that they're beautiful.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 4: But you know the problem for Latinos. I think the hurdle that we have is that we're against each other. And that's a huge hurdle.
Speaker 3: I'm not against you, No, we can't deny you're not against me.
Speaker 1: No, what are you talking about? But there's a thing. There's a thing.
Speaker 4: There's the Mexicans, the Cubans, the Dominicans, the Colombians, and it's the colonials mind frame.
Speaker 1: That's that's keeping us divisives a little. I feel like we're all much more united. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like when I tour around the country and the rice and Bean circuit, you know, the twenty six cities. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I did that twenty six cities across America. I made mad money, and it was like, you know, Mexicans, Central Americans. I came to Miami, it's all Cubans and Puerto Ricans and Colombians. You go, you go to Boston, it's Puerto Rican.
Speaker 15: And Dominican, and then Chicago is Puerto Rican, Mexic, Cuban and Mexican, and they all came out for me and supported me, and George Lopez did that in Fluffy.
Speaker 1: It's I don't know. I saw much more unity than I felt like they didn't.
Speaker 3: They all supported, they all understood what I was talking about, they all related.
Speaker 1: I didn't feel the divisiity. No, I think you're right. You're right. The majority are not like that.
Speaker 4: But it's always in this world the small minority that has the louder voice that I think, like and what you're just saying, Like I'm going to say. I don't know if I've told this on Drink Shins, but I had a conversation with pit Bull at one point in his career when the label he was originally on TVT Records, they were they were going bankrupts, right, and Pitt was going through some difficult times in that time, and I remember I was like, Yo, what I don't remember exactly the conversation, so I'm going to give you a sense of the conversation. He was like, I'm performing every weekend on the West Coast and in Mexico, He's like, they support the ship.
Speaker 1: Out of mean he's Cuban.
Speaker 4: He's like, I'm doing shows every weekend there, so in this time that it looks like he's falling off and everything's over this side of the country and these people are embracing him. And then I had the opportunity to do a show with one of my artists. I had a Cuban artists. We went out to Mexico, to Mexicali, and we did a show out there with Pitt. We opened up for the Mexican folks, put a flag, a Cuban flag all the way down showing look and then Pitt it's smart as he is and embracing.
Speaker 2: This comes out to Mariacci music.
Speaker 1: Wearing from Joe and I was like, hate it back.
Speaker 4: I was like, this is this and then taught me a list like how we're all in the shared experience of being Latino.
Speaker 1: Let's support each other, all of us.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what would be for office bro? I know, we said remade that we still do we do we answer that we make Yeah, We're gonna do. But Margo Argo is not really a Latin movie. But you said he played he played.
Speaker 3: He played the Mexican, an FBI guy, but he did, you know, But it should have been a Latin version, is all right? Okay, it should have been a Latin movie, yes, because it was a Latin idol and he should have been a hero for us and an icon.
Speaker 1: But it's not because a white guy played it so and he did a great job. I'm not gonna lie. He directed the ship out of it. But still not American mean, not blood in blood American meat.
Speaker 3: Was Oh my god, that was so hard man, that was hard.
Speaker 4: Even, and that's the real story. Was the real story that American Meat was trying to depict.
Speaker 1: What do you mean confused? You know? You know the politics behind that? You know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of street politics behind American means versus.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, now I know.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: I saw a documentary they made about American document up over that movie.
Speaker 3: Because of the they said names and they talked about sing.
Speaker 4: They depicted certain things that either wasn't agreed upon by by the by.
Speaker 2: Or or they felt it was wrong one or the others.
Speaker 1: People lost their lives, right, yeah, But.
Speaker 4: Blood and Blood Out was they felt was more accurate, and that was supported so.
Speaker 1: They got a green light on that they got passed. Did you feel that that way about, you know, making the esketball? Well, no, we had to we had the son the sons, uh but.
Speaker 6: Still but still it was still that the son's approved was different from his enemies approved.
Speaker 3: No, but they're God now, I think we're safe now. I mean that that was nineteen eighty. Most of those people are not alive, the majority of the Pollo's enemies.
Speaker 6: But you did hear Griselda blocker Blo. She went back to Colombia and they killed you.
Speaker 1: But whatever? Is that nothing? That was ten years ago? Yeah, ten years ago?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, I'm ten years It be fine, I'm cool, I'm cool. Most of the people not alive, right, yeah, yeah, No, you gotta be careful sometimes with the kind of stuff you say and do. I mean it, it has consequences. Just because the movie doesn't mean you have immunity, right right, Well, well.
Speaker 5: He's gotta go, he's gotta get Yeah, we're gonna take pictures and yeah, you want more drink?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, you want to hold on, Yeah, let's take some flicks. He can do. Drink Champs is a drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O r E and d j e f N. Listen to Drink Champs on Apple podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by Yours truly, dj EFN and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms at the Real noriegon ig at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at dj e FN on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com