Speaker 1: To on the move, going deep Speedways, Peace to Hellas from the Baptist Health Studio.
Speaker 2: This inside the Baptist Health Training Complex. This is Drivetime with Travis Wingfield.
Speaker 1: He's got my hands in the playoffs?
Speaker 2: What is up?
Speaker 3: Dolphins? And welcome to the Drive Time Podcast. I am your host, Travis Wingfield. And on today's show, the first episode in the last two or three weeks. How long has it been now without a training camp practice to recap for you guys. But what we're gonna do is take a big picture, holistic look at things we've learned through twelve days of Dolphins practices. Plus I'll tell you which guys you need to watch for in tomorrow night's pre season opener at home against the Atlanta Falcons. All of that and more from the Baptist Health Studios inside the bat This Health Training Complex.
Speaker 2: This is the Drive Time Podcast.
Speaker 3: First, I figured we had twelve practices, and I was thinking about doing ten observations, but I went ahead and changed my mind to make it a clean dozen, not a bicker dozen bump, but just a dozen observations through twelve practices. So shall we go ahead and hit six of those in this first segment and then come back and do six more in the next segment. Let's go ahead and start that off here, and we're gonna kind of go in order of position or actually know what. It's a little bit scattered, but you guys know how I typically do quarterback first, running back, receiver, tight end, offensive line, defensive line, edge, linebacker, defensive backfield. I think I might have shoehorned a couple of extra ones in there at the end. So there you go. Let's go ahead and start the top. Though, my first observation is that two a tongue of Bai Looa is going to have his best season as a professional quarterback. And the reason I say that is because and I talked a lot this offseason about the physical traits of Tua and the improvement, and I don't think the necessarily sped up motion or quicker compact throwing all that stuff. I don't think that's going to have as big of a tangible impact as two other things I think will have a major impact for QB one and his game. Just first off the top, there was a great thread a while back by Chris Kaufman at c K Parrott, does the three archs per Carry podcast for me, one of the triumvirant of Dolphins podcasts that you need in Lockdown Dolphins, three archs per Carry and Drive Time.
Speaker 2: Of course, really respect Chris. He does a hell of a job.
Speaker 3: He laid out this whole timeline of Tua's career and all the things that people said that he couldn't do, and he just kept doing them, and improvements that they he said he needed to make to his game and he would just come back to next year with those improvements in his game. And what did Tua tell you this offseason? He wanted to shed some weight and get more nimble, more quick and springer off the spot.
Speaker 2: And that's what he's done. I've seen it every practice. We see it. He scrambles and makes plays.
Speaker 3: I see these threads that Vikings fans post of JJ McCarthy scrambling around and making all these Zach Wilson plays and are like, how long has it been as we had this? And like half the place he would have been sacked on. And there are probably some of those with the reps that Tua takes that he winds up making a big play after getting off the spot. But in general, I think that a lot of those are actually evaded sacks that he would have achieved in a game situation. And I've been over this so many times. But the tangible impact of that is not just the yards he can gain. It's how he can pull defenders off in man coverage. It's how he can possibly get different fronts and different rushes. You can't just overload the tackle positions and leave your guards without work and knowing that your quarterback. Their quarterback, I should say, is never going to step up through the a gap and run for ten yards. But I think Tua can do that now. He's done up before. When he was lighter in the past, he did that. I think he's going to do the exact same thing now. But the biggest jump, not to mention, the ability to keep the ball on urpos and just the overall threat of a quarterback that can maybe run a little bit of how that changes the dynamic of this offense. But the biggest thing to me is the ownership of the offense, the leadership he has over the team, and just the fact that I think this guy's going to get better every single year of his career. He's twenty six years old. We've seen so many Hall of Fame quarterbacks. You know, I mentioned the other day on the podcast Phil Rivers. You know, Drew Brees, Tom Brady was like this, all these guys that got better into their thirties and even in their late thirties. I think Tua's game is just like that, and I think that's how it will go for him as well. So I have high expectations for Tua to have the best year of his career. And if he does that, we're aware of what he's done in previous years. Right Like, he's thrown for the most yards in the league. He's had the highest passer rating. He's had twenty nine touchdowns. I wish it were thirty, but he's had gaudy statistics, let the league in yards per attempt, all that stuff. I think it's going to be the best year of his career, and if we get that, then we're looking pretty good. The next observation I have from training camp so far is another quarterback, and it's to me that Skylar Thompson is the second quarterback right now. I think that Mike White was last year the clear winner in training camp. I think this year it's been a pretty clear tilt in the other direction, just not quite the same camp from Mike White. But this is more of a Skylar observation that I think that the third year in the system is allowing him to play faster and smoother and more confidently and putting the ball in positions where he doesn't have to scramble to make a play. He can see it and execute the offense. And if he can do that, he can continue to you know, progress in those areas with some of the physical traits that he features. Then I think you have a pretty good situation there at your backup quarterback where hopefully, you know, Skyler's going to be coming up on a new contract, not this offseason, but the one after that. What if we have a solid year of him as the backup where maybe it doesn't get any playing time, but you've developed more confidence. I would love to have a situation where my backup quarterback is just coming back on these cheap contracts and hopefully you never have to use him, but just continue to gain knowledge in the offense Like that is how you can win a game in a pinch if you're starting quarterback goes down. So I was pretty hard on his game the first two years. I've been more impressed with the training camp this year, and if that continues to progress, I think we're going to be very very well off for it. Observation number three for me is that Jalen Wright is going to be an absolute problem in this league. And maybe it doesn't happen right away because we've seen it before. I mean, Devon a Chan was not up and active in the opener last year against the Chargers. Right we had you go back to the last like star Rinning back the Dolphins had Jaya Jayi didn't make the opening trip to Seattle back in twenty sixteen, and two weeks later running a game winning touchdown in for you guys against the Cleveland Browns. I could see a situation where maybe we kind of hold off on Right and the exposure he gets until late in the season. But I think that what you've seen from his burst and also the counter he features on inside runs. I think Jeff Wilson's a good player, but does Right make him almost redundant in your offense because I think he can hit that inside zone. I think he can be your fourth down pile pusher, and he also has amazing speed to burn to the outside. He reduces the workload that you give Devon a chan he can help keep Raheem Moster a healthy And the best thing about all of it is someone's gonna get hurt, someone's gonna miss time with him. It's not going to be a bother because you're just gonna go ahead and replace the injured player with Jalen Wright, who I think is a stud in his own right. I'm really curious to see how his involvement in the passing game develops, too, because I think that he has skills there. We just haven't really seen very much of it in training camp so far, but I think Jalen Wright as your third running back puts you in a really good spot as a football team. My fourth observation through twelve training camp practices here in twenty twenty four on the Draft Time podcast is that one player has emerged from the pack on the offensive line for a potential starting spot, and to me, that's Robbed Jones. And he's playing a lot of left guard, but also he started at right guard in games last year. That's kind of been his main position, and I think that what I've seen from him, in addition to what I've seen from Liam Miikenberg is kind of the same thing as a Skylarner Mike White competition for me, where the separation is occurring in both directions. I think Rob is excelling and I don't think Liam's having the best camp with Rob. You know, the physical element of his game, the ability to line up and man and gap schemes and just run people off the football was kind of who I thought he was going to be and why it made a lot of sense to get him for an RPO style run heavy attack that I thought Brian Flores and the sixteen offensive coordinators wanted to install back in twenty twenty one. And then after he gets a big UDFA guaranteed contract, he winds up pivoting to a new offense in twenty twenty two, and I kind of thought he might be, you know, square peg, round hole.
Speaker 2: But he's developed his game.
Speaker 3: I thought last year he did a good job of giving you everything that he could within a system that maybe didn't fit his strengths. But now I'm watching him play guard and his pass protection is fantastic, and the mobility is a little bit you know, there's a little bit of added juice there. I just think that so far through these practices. You know, it's been a I think a rough camp for Eichenberg and not the best camp for drist Scoll and some of the guys they tried inside. Ryan Hayes, Keon Smith hasn't been as good to me. Rob Jones has completely solidified himself as the emerging guard from that group of guys. I still think it's an area that you need to address later on. We'll come back to that here in a moment, though. Observation number five is that Julian Hill is not just making this team. He is going to be an impact tight end on this team in multiple personnel groupings. I think he's going to expand his passing game work, but really it's the solidification is that a word, probably not of his blocking game, that has me juiced and fired up for what he could be here for this Dolphins team. He looks impressive. He's physical, he's playing smarter and more in control. He sounds in command of the playbook and what his assignments are and how to read the defense and kind of, you know, tweak those assignments based upon what he's seeing. Very excited about what Julian Hill has offered through twelve training camp practices, and much like I mentioned with the quarterback spot and then the Rob Jones versus everybody else, it's a two way sliding scale. I think that Julian has asserted himself in a positive way, and I don't think it's been a very good camp for Jodie Fortsen or Tanner Connor. So I think that that room also through the first half of camp, has kind of given you a new baseline of where those guys are. Of course, camp is long and things can change. And in fact, I was curious to a m I ask coach about this at one point. Maybe it's Allady on a podcast you've already heard recording this ahead of time that I'm curious, will you because he always talks about timelines and not trying to shortchange the process of getting the most out of all these situations and all these practices. And if you start to think about depth chart and who's where at a certain point in camp, you shortchange the back end and what that the value of that is? So I wonder is it, Hey, we put all this work in and then at like two weeks to go, that's when the evaluation begins. Who you are at that point forward is what we want to look at compared to the progress you've made, or do you bank those reps from even back in May and June and OTAs and early in training camp. Is an accumulative process. I'm curious to see how that works out, because right now, the cumulative process to me has Julian Hill, you know, vastly ahead of those guys. But again, long, long way to go, and we'll see how it turns out. That brings me to my sixth observation, my half a dozen on the first segment here on this Thursday edition of the Draft Time podcast, is that River Craycraft has once again established himself over those who were brought in to challenge and beat him out for a spot.
Speaker 2: And it's because of a few things.
Speaker 3: He's always where he's supposed to be, which ask any quarterbacks to ever played the National Football League what they prefer, and that's it. He catches everything. I don't think I've seen them drop a single football out here. And his position flexibility opens up a whole world of things you can do with Jalen Waddle and Tyreek Hill. When you have a slot specialist or f tight end who can't inline block or run routes from perimeter, whatever it might be. If you have a player who's specializes, you cannot maximize Jalen Waddle and Tyreek Hill and River. Craycraft gives you the ability to do that, much like Odell Beckham juniors. That's why I think that Craycraft is kind of the number four. He's the next guy in line behind Beckham because of that. And then I think you'll have you know, Milake Washington as a guy that is a slot specialist and maybe a jet sweep guy in manufactured touches early on as he develops. But I think that those are your top four right now, and cray Craft kind of with some distance between him and the rest of the group with you know, with that in mind. So those are the six observations so far. We have six more to go. Going to be a shorter podcast today getting ready for game time tomorrow night against the Atlanta Falcons. Let's do six more of these takeaways and then segment three will do a players and matchups to watch in the Atlanta game. That's all next Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Auto Nation. Six observations in the bag six more to unwrap here as we move forward on this Thursday, August the eighth of the Drive Time podcast. Yes, I got that right. Tomorrow is the ninth seven o'clock kickoff tomorrow at hard Rock Stadium. We're gonna have pre and postgame show for you guys on local radio here one oh five nine FM, as well as the iHeartRadio app in WIOD on the AM station, so you can catch Goldie and Juice and myself on the pre game and then me, Seth and Juice will have you guys on the post game following a late night there here locally. So six observations behind us, six ahead of us, and the number seven observation I have through twelve days of Miami Dolphins training camp thus far is that Patrick Paul is a hit and he might be my top left tackle off the bench today. Do I think that's what's going to happen on opening Day? No. I think Kendall Lamb gives you better swing versatility to play right tackle. But I think that Patrick Paul has been the second best. I checked that, the best left tackle since Toron Armstead doesn't have any teamwork besides some falcons. Some falcons practices here in his back pocket. I think he's been the best left tackle in Dolphins training camp. And I think he also affords you the opportunity, should you want to use it, to go heavy personnel and use six offensive linemen. But just that's not obviously the long term hope for Patrick Paul. And I think that's where you get excited about his future here because I think that he's shown you good pad level. I think he's shown you a completely refined technique that works for him. I think that he's shown you the physical traits that he has. Is why you take a player like that at that spot in the draft and say we'll coach him up. We got butcher Berry, one of the best offensive line coaches in the National Football League, and sure enough, we can mold this insane ball of clay into a passable technique and that's going to give us a plus starter for ten years of the position, hopefully.
Speaker 2: And that's what he's looked like to me.
Speaker 3: Very quick feet, very great job of understanding where the arc is and how he can extend it because of his length, but also the quickness to pivot back inside to cut off those inside rush lanes. And you want to talk about surge in the running game. Not many guys have gotten more than he has all camp long. To me, Patrick Paul has been a hit through twelve days of Dolphins training camp. Observation number eight. I think they hit on three edge rookies. Dude, Chop Robinson looks like a star in the making to me, to rush the nine technique kick down to the five technique, line up over the nose, tackle as a nosebacker rusher, condense inside, and rush the guard. I think he can do everything. I think he has to develop his ability to get off blocks a little bit better and be a better run defender. But I think that what you've seen from his pass rush juice, Like, we saw Alden Smith coming to the NFL, you know, a decade and a half ago, and be like, was he a fourteen sat guy right away who only played passing downs? If that's who he is, Like, fourteen sacks is a lot, But I mean that's kind of what I'm thinking for his rookie year. I think he has that type of freakish rush ability to be a major impact guy. And then I also think that Mohammed Kamara is the same way. In fact, I think he's playing the run a little bit stouter. He's got more speed to power that I've seen him used to kind of shock tackles and get reset line of scrimmages against those guys. He's got incredible bending ability with the ankle flection to get around the arc. Big fan of Mo Kamara's game so far, and I think that Grayson Murphy's a hit too, especially in this system for all of these guys. But Murphy, go watch his UCLA tape and that's what you're gonna get from this Dolphins rush up front with the way they win the games, the way they move guys around the formation can blitz from different spots is because it can blitz from different spots because they have knowledge of every position on the defensive line and in the front seven in general. I think all three of those guys fit that mold and Grayson Murphy is an impact player to me as UDFA, who I think makes this team. Observation number nine. Now, I think we are on. This is the best linebacker corps the Dolphins I've had since Zach Thomas and Junior seou We're here, and I don't say that lightly because David Long is a hell of a player.
Speaker 2: I think he's a plus starter.
Speaker 3: I think Jordan Brooks is a top ten linebacker off ball linebacker in this league who can expand so much what you can do from a blitz and coverage standpoint into Sky's standpoint.
Speaker 2: He's a leader, he's a head knocker.
Speaker 3: He is just here about football and that's pretty much the one I think he cares about. And then after that, I think that Anthony Walker has a role on this team as well. I think Duke Riley has a specific role in this team. I think Zeke Vanden Brook's been good. I think Channing Tendall's come along. How many linebackers can you keep? I think there are six NFL linebackers on this team, provided Channing Tendall's development is something you're still interested in into his third season. Now, it might not work out because of the numbers game there, but I think you're in a great spot at that linebackers spot and the guys who will play a bunch of reps for you this season is the best we've had since the early two thousands. Observation Number ten is that Jalen Ramsey is going to win Defensive Player of the year, and that is the probably the craziest, like most out there thing I've said so far. But I don't care because I'm watching this guy with his length, his change of direction, his physical traits, his demeanor, the leadership, the way he locks him. Every day he comes over and grabs one of those stretchy something to help him stretch, like a band or a tool that he uses to get loosened up. And every day the fans like j Jylen and he doesn't pay any mind. And it's not because he's being a jerk. It's because he's so focused on football, and I think that's just a very It's almost like Michael Jordan ESQ, like you're not going to mess with my game, dude, Like I am playing ball right now and that's all I care about. And this system and how they're going to unlock him to play all over the formation, to rush the quarterback, to play deep in the deep coverage umbrella of the safety position. That I said that like a moron, but you get what I'm saying. He can play in the umbrella portion of coverage as a safety. I think that he's going to be the best player in the league this year on defense. Observation number eleven is I mentioned it earlier. The offensive line needs another piece. That's all there is to it. I just think they need one more guy to help kick down some depth and give you better starting quality. Can Sean Harlowe be that. We'll find out, but I think it's a good addition to this offensive line. I think they need more. And Observation number twelve is another one that is a concern for me, is this team will have or not a concern, but rather something that's concerning with the team in the previous years. I think they'll get answered, and so I think they'll have answers to the issues that plagued them last year.
Speaker 2: Situational prowess.
Speaker 3: I've seen better tempo and better orchestration of getting the calls in at least for Tua's offense, that seems improved. I feel better about the third down situations and conversion attempts, with the running game and the passing game, and just all of the situational prowess you need. I think they're gonna be better in high leverage spots because of the way they're practicing. Every single rep is like deeply contested. They're running into bad looks intentionally trying to get maximized reps on tape for how Tua can see in process and the whole entire offense can be better with his timing and being on the same page. I think they have more options beyond their one and two receivers. I mentioned Odell Beckham. I think cret Craft, you know, being hopefully healthy for the whole year helps a lot. John Smith, obviously, Jalen Right, Malik Washington, and I think they're better equipped to challenge the best quarterbacks in the league who last year we sat back and let them run rough shot all over us. Not justin Herbert, but the Chargers running game came all after us because we were so non aggressive. Josh Allen ate our lunch in a couple of games. Jalen Hurts got after us. Patrick Mahomes, except for a couple of moments in the middle, got after us, like all Lamar Jackson, all the great quarterbacks kind of got after us. I think we're better equipped to handle that in twenty twenty four with the various defensive packages and not so stingy and stubborn on how we use some of our star players. So that's twelve observations through camp. Tua gonna have his best season as a pro Skylerist quarterback too. Jalen Wright's gonna be a problem. Rob Jones has emerged from the pack so far. Julian Hill is not just making the team, He's an impact tight end. River Craycraft has once again beaten out those who are brought in to challenge him. Patrick Paul going to be a hit. They hit on three edge rookies and Chop Mow and Grayson Murphy. This is the best linebacker Cory we've had since Zach Thomas and Junior Sea.
Speaker 2: We're here.
Speaker 3: Jalen ramse Ay gonna win Defensive Player of the Year. Another offensive lineman on the interior is needed, and this team will have answers for the issues that plugged them a year ago. Twelve practices, twelve observations. Let's take our first, our last break, and preview our first preseason game. Some things to watch for tomorrow night as the Falcons are in town. That's next Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by AutoNation.
Speaker 1: And then there was football. The autumn wind rolled in off the Atlantic onto the shores of South Beach and made its way to Miami Gardens ahead of a seven o'clock kickoff between the Miami Dolphins and the Atlanta Falcons for an exhibition contest. And I know it's not real football, but it kind of is. It's the realist football we've gotten so far.
Speaker 2: And I'm excited.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to get back in the booth with the boys, with my guys Seth and Juice on the postgame show. I'm excited to watch the first quarter all the way to the fourth quarter and talk about football and what I wanted to do. On this edition of the Drive Time podcast, we covered the practices so far. Let's go ahead and preview a football game, but not in the same way that we traditionally do during the regular season, where I tell you which matchups are advantageous, which ones are worrisome, how the Dolphins can maximize their ability to get in the Winter Circle. That is a different preview than what this is because these previews, as we talk all camp long, and I went on an absolute tie raid yesterday about the offensive line, the perception of this team, and how if you follow the money and where it goes, that's usually what a team finds important with how they allocate their money. Right, And speaking of that, I went back and looked at the positional spending along the offensive line, and guess what. Dolphins, Niners, and Packers are all in the bottom ten in offensive line spending. Now the Rams have kind of bucked that trend among those teams that run this system, and they are actually a top ten spending team on the offensive line. So one team going in the opposite direction from this system. The other three that have had a lot of success offensively subscribe to the same notion that the offensive line is kind of where you take your lumps when you consider a salary cap league that has a finite amount of resources and how you can spend them and wants to maximize their quarterback play and their skilled positions on offense. Something else that came across the old Twitter verse the other day. I got two comments on this, and I'm genuinely asking, I'm not sticking a politic take right here. I saw that I was getting flagged for talking politics. I literally have the comment. All I said was Elon Musk is a lunatic and that Twitter's terrible. I mean, all we can all see that for ourselves, right, Twitter is it used to be a highly functionable app that was awesome. First of all, you change the name, which would you buy McDonald's and change the name like you've already built in the brand. That's a weird move. But besides that, it's the operation of the entire thing. Like you can't search old tweets anymore, it's in their search function has gone completely by the boards? And do we like this current platform that it is where it highlights aggregators to steal content and to resurface BS reports because there's monetization attached to it. Who enjoys that every single comment in a thread is a different post about something else. Maybe that is enjoyable. I think it's horrible. I think it's I don't know. I didn't know that was political. All I'm saying is Twitter sucks and I miss how it used to be. That's my only comment on that. And I didn't realize that was paly charged. So I just wanted to ask, genuinely, why is that a politics comment? Didn't I didn't understand that? Back to the football here, So these preseason games are always they're always as good as your quarterback play, right, or as bad as your quarterback play, and that makes me excited to watch this one because Mike White and Skaler Thompson have both started games in this league. Mike White's thrown for four hundred yards in a regular season game. Skyler Thompson has played a damn near perfect preseason once before, so I feel like the Dolphins are covered in that aspect.
Speaker 2: In the Falcons, it's even better.
Speaker 3: Michael Pennix was a top ten pick of the draft eight overall this year, and he was really impressive this week. I thought that he was a quick decision maker with good accuracy and command of executing the offense. He hit a deep ball that we saw back from his U dub days carry over to the National Football League, so that alone has me excited him. And that beyond that, we have Taylor Heineke, a guy that can't play in the regular season, but he started a lot of games, probably gonna play pretty well in the exhibition season. So we are going to get a good look at the rest of the guys because sometimes in these games, the quarterback play makes it very difficult to get any evaluation elsewhere, but I don't see that being the case here now. What happened last year and you know, I've been the first one to point out flaws and scholar Thompson's game as a quarterback. But I thought last year he was he didn't have a chance in that first game when he was just under durest because he was playing in front of a bunch of guys that probably you know that we knew weren't going to be there for more than a few weeks, and he couldn't get anything going. So I guess it works both ways. So we don't have precedent for what Raheem Morris will do from a playing time perspective. Yeah, he was once a head coach, but and he did play guys in his first preseason game in that previous stop, but that was also back when we had four preseason games, and it was also before this era where every team multiple joint practices against every team they see and they would not save, you know, game reps for the deep depth of the roster. So I don't know what he'll do. And for the Dolphins, we don't want to speak in absolutes, but in the last two years, we've seen twenty or twenty five of your starters or proven vets. Get some sunflower seeds. In a baseball hat. So this podcast will look at the game through that lens. And if I'm wrong and we see a bunch of ones and I didn't cover Tyreek Hill playing in the game, I'll take that l on drive time here if that is the case. So you probably have a good snapshot of who I've been impressed with in Camp so far and am looking forward to seeing in this game.
Speaker 2: Here's what we'll do.
Speaker 3: We'll go down the list and we'll highlight some Falcons that I think provide a good matchup and a good test for those guys. And if I don't find one that I like, I won't include that player. So this is not all of my favorite Camp players so far, but rather the ones that I think have a matchup that we can really take from and learn from. Capeche cool. Let's go, so the quarterbacks, I thought we can. We got a great glimpse of what the Falcons are all about. Defensively aggressive, pressure based. It's kind of like Anthony Weaver's system. They want to, you know, set the tone and be the ones that dictate the terms and how can we most effectively move the quarterback off of his launch point with both blitzes and simulated pressures. That's what Raheem Morris has done for years, a top ten blitzing team in two of the three years that he was with the Rams as the DC. He was middle of the pack last year. But based on what I saw on Tuesday and Wednesday, it's going to be a kitchen seeing type of blitz rate, a top ten blitz rate for the Falcons this year. So that's a great test for the quarterbacks douking it out for that number two job. That McDaniel was very effusive in his praise for how those guys have gone about that competition. We've talked a lot about Jalen Wright, especially in this podcast in the general takeaways from camp. That's the back that I'm most excited to see. I think, you know, running back is the position that you get the least out of from camp and the most from the preseason games. Is an interesting dichotomy there. So I'm very excited to see all these backs. And I know we won't see Raheem. I doubt will see, but you know we'll see. Atlanta has a linebacker Troy Anderson, and I bet you guys that are on this podcast remember that name because you probably are draft dorks like me and the guys that cover the stuff like I do. He was a mid round prospect crush, and I remember seeing like his name in like the fifth round, the fourth round. He actually went fifty eighth overall back in twenty twenty two, but it hasn't panned out for him so far. Four hundred and eighty snaps as a rookie showed some promise just one hundred and thirty three last year. But he does have a chance, I think, still in this league. And he has that chance because he has a perfect ten relative athletics scorecard from his combined workout back in twenty twenty two. He's he's faster than every linebacker, he jumps higher. Everything about his athletic profile is pretty much perfect, so the way he tracks Jalen to the perimeter, how he covers in the passing game, and in fact, I'm just gonna go ahead and include all the tight ends here too, because you cannot create a better traits matchup for those guys in a lab than Troy Anderson. And then I guess to that point, why don't we include some safeties as well. Dan Kruick Shank is a guy that runs through ball carriers like they stole his lunch money and has freak physical traits. So those two Falcons with our backs and tight ends, I'm looking forward to seeing them get matched up on kick Shank Kruik Shank is number thirty one Anderson forty four. If Tanner Connor can burn those guys with speed, if Jody Fortson can get on top of them with his physicality and his length, I would like to see that. How about their pass rush? Brayln Shrice is he's nice. Sorry for the rhyme. He had a great week down here forty eight from you, dub. I thought he should have been a first round pick. He makes it to the third round. He's got great burst that can really convert speed to power at two hundred and fifty pounds. They also drafted a name that I'm gonna butcher right here, but here we go, Rooke a Row Row Row. That's his name, dude, Like I'm not Scooby and you right now, that's his freaking name. He was drafted in the second round. He's a pure power player who has length in very strong hands, and so is rookie brand do List. But he's a defensive tackle. And I mentioned this strength, these traits because all of these guys are so strong, and I like those matchups for our guys who have pretty much seen speed.
Speaker 2: All camp long.
Speaker 3: Not to say they're not powerful rushers, but we figuratively have an F one team when you look at their all time ten split ranks among rushers right like we have. It was a priority. So I'm excited to watch, you know, this offensive line go from seeing speed speed, speed to now maybe a little bit more power power power with this Falcons team. So I want to see how Patrick Paul can sink his hips and drop his pads and anchors against the power of Trice and a Row Row Row and Bradley and I who was a guy that I loved a few years back. Missed on that one from Utah, but he does have great length and strength. Always thought he was a good fit for the Brian Flores defense or Josh Boyer. He didn't work out anywhere he's been so far. I'm curious to see if Ebikide and Lorenzo Carter play. I doubt we will, but if we do, throw him in there too. And the same goes for key On Smith and Ryan Hayes and all the guys trying to earn jobs on the perimeter on this offensive line. As far as inside goes, I mentioned Dorless, He's a bowl in a China shot man. I want to see how Rob Jones, Jack Driscoll, Sean Harlowe, Liam Eichenberg, how those guys anchor against him. I can't imagine we're giving days off to a guy like Liam who's been, you know, the right guard every day at practice. But I don't think you put him in that category of guys that can afford the mis reps. So I imagine he gets a look against them. And then there are some vets that I don't think we'll see, like Grady Jarrett and David Anyamata. But you know, I just wanted to put their names in here because those are some of the best guys at their position in the league. I'm really excited to see Malik Washington get some run here. He was awesome in the practices, and they have some interesting corners with a variety of traits like d Alford's one of the guys I'm curious to see. But the one that I'm really excited to watch is Clark Phillips. The third because he was. He's like a slot specialist in a lot of ways. I think he'll match up on the leak. He's a second year corner from Utah who played you football, which is physical, tough, you know, but he does it at five eight, one eighty five, So he's kind of like Molik in the sense that he plays a lot bigger than his stature would suggest. On defense. I'm excited to see how quick we can change, how quick we can play in the middle on this rookie quarterback and kind of trigger on what he does well and those short hookup throws and quick decision making. How does Zeke Vandenberg and Channing tendall read and react? How do they get off blocks on this interior offensive line as well? I cannot wait to watch Quentin Bell play a game. I think that he's going to do really well for himself in these games because of his effort and strain. They have a tackle Jared Jones Smith, who actually was with US back in twenty nineteen and was one of the first guys that I stood beside on the field when I was down here for camp that year. And if you don't know who he is, he's six foot seven three hundred and twenty pounds and has an eighty four inch wing span, so he's literally the longest player in the history of the National Football League. To me, I don't care how good or bad he is. He hasn't really played in the NFL. That's a good matchup for you because it gives you a look at you know, length, Storm Norton, another tackle that has played a lot of snaps. Those guys are behind McGarry and Matthews, who won't play most likely, So good matchup there for Bell, for Chop, for Mo Kamara.
Speaker 2: You know, chop On.
Speaker 3: Those guys could be fun because I don't think that he I don't think their athletic profiles match up well with his burst and Kamara for that matter. But we'll see if Kamara plays. He didn't practice on Wednesday against the Falcons, so I'm excited to watch Chop and Quinton as well with that speed and get off. Wonder if Julian Davenport plays. These are names that you guys probably remember from from Dolphins days, but Davenport was an absolute tirefire in twenty nineteen, but was part of the the part of the part of the roster that helped this team get TOUA. Basically, that's another vet with you know, tons of reps. That could be a good test just because of how he can change up his looks throughout the course of the game for the young pass rushers. I don't have any matchups on the inside for guys for the Falcons, but I'm just excited to get a look at the trio of Harris Gallimore and Tart three guys that kind of play similar positions I think are going to be big parts of the rotation. I just want to see him play in a game situation where I can really focus on that part of the lion of scrimmage. In the backfield, I've seen Jason Matrie and Storm Duck make all kinds of plays. Would have loved to have seen Ron Moore and Ray Ray McCloud, who both left practice. We know we want see more. I doubt we see McCloud, but those would have been fun matchups. Aside from that, James Washington was the guy that I circled here who could play a lot of snaps deep into this game because he has speed, he has long skills, he has ball skills. If you can match up on that guy and win. That's a good step for a couple of undrafted rookies. I think we'll see a lot of Ethan Bonner early on. I'm excited to watch him in a game setting and against a guy like maybe Darnell Mooney, who a couple of years ago maybe wouldn't have played this game, but he's kind of fallen out of favor, or he did fall out a favor in Chicago and now he's trying to earn reps in Atlanta. I think he'll play That could be one of the best matchups of the entire night. And then I'm excited to watch Elijah Campbell in the back end. I don't think we'll see Javon Holland. I know we won't see Jordan Poyer. Do we see a little bit of Marcus may include him here as well. But I'm excited to watch Elijah come down and play the run against a guy like Tyler Algier, a real power runner, or cover Ross Dwelly, a nice athletic tight end of the passing game. The Falcons have a fun roster, should be a fun game, and I'm looking forward to it. We'll have the postgame recap for you guys in the early morning hours on Saturday, seven o'clock kickoff. You hope the game's done by ten two hours of postgame radio to midnight podcast, probably be out by like two am. That's probably my hope there. So that's the next time you'll hear from me. Then we'll have Sunday off and we'll come right back on Monday for more camp practices where I can get mad online again. In the meantime, you all please be sure, and seriously, I want to know. I genuinely am asking, why is calling Twitter at tire fire? Why is that politically charged?
Speaker 2: I really don't know.
Speaker 3: In the meantime, you all please be sure to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Spotify, where you get your podcast from. Go ahead and leave us a rating, leave us a review. You can follow me on social at Wingfield NFL and the team at Miami Dolphins. Check out the fish Tank podcast with Seth and Juice. Check out the YouTube channel for media availabilities, draft time content, and so much more, and last but not least, to Miami Dolphins dot com. Until next time, fins up cal On and Cameron Daddy. He's coming home.