Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Coast to Coast George Nori with you, PM Chatwater with Us had a handwriting analysis in the mid sixties that led to a very complete career and lifestyle change. She was redirected into public service and innovative project development and analysis, and she began intensive research in the paranormal and altered states of consciousness. With a professional background and hypnotic past life regressions, sensitivity work the haunting houses mediumship, she became to specialize in aura, massage, astrology, numerology, dream and symbol interpretation, divinatory and earth energy sensing. Back in nineteen seventy seven set the stage for severe health traumas resulting in death and new death phenomena the following year. In an effort to understand what had happened to her and what was still happening, she began to seek out and interview other new death survivors. MH Atwater back on Coast to Coast after about four years, PMH welcome back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been four years. My goodness.
Speaker 2: Hello, how have you been well?
Speaker 3: I'm doing absolutely great.
Speaker 2: Well fantastic in your new book Edgewalker, which you signed a very very nice thing to me. I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Thank you well, I thank you, I thank you very much. And by the way, I bring tidings from Sydney Kirkpatrick and Mark Anthony, all great people, all saying hello, hello.
Speaker 2: Super people. Can you tell us about your you know, and we'll get into Edgewalker in a moment here, but tell us PMH about the near death experiences you had. How many did you have and what happened?
Speaker 3: I had three? I had three in three months. I was raped and it was because of I'm miscarried and the complications from the miscarriage, and I physically died three times. First one January two, nineteen seventy seven, next one January four, and then March twenty nine. Then later that year I had three complete collapses. So I can honestly say that nineteen seventy seven was not my year and completely turned my life around totally.
Speaker 2: And they happened so quickly. I'm one after the other.
Speaker 3: Yes, And in my third one, I was a voice spoke. Yeah, how do you describe that kind of voice? It's like the whole universe spoke to me. It was not a guide or a guardian or any of that kind of stuff. It was not an angel. It was like the whole universe spoke to me and I and it said, and I quote test revelation, you are to do the research. One book for each death. Book one was not named. Book two was that future memory. By the way, it's not a book, it is a labyrinth. It is a real labyrinth. And then book three a manual for developing humans. And by the way, that's good for anybody who wants to learn to speak and think differently, and they have a lot more fun in your life. And you know, that's what I was told to do. And then in ohgee that I think it was the next year, when I finally left Idaho, I well, I met Elizabeth Koopoler Ross at the O'Hare airport. Yeah, she was. She was just sitting there waiting on her plane. Her plane was late, and I happened to be in the in the airport airport, uh, and I saw her. So I went right up to her and introduced myself and and you know, said what had happened to me? And she said, oh, my goodness, we we we need to talk about that. So we sat on a bench, the two of us, two of us talking like school kids. And she was the one. She became my mentor. She was the one who gave me the title, the name, but she called yeah near death experience. But she said I was a survivor. She didn't use the word experience her. I was a survivor of the near death experience. And she gave me the kind of guidance I guess that I would need to have then to start my own research. And my research, by the way, was on the near death experience, those people who might have had it. And I, you know, I grew. I sold everything in Idaho, walked down on my life on the very day, by the way that I used to become a bank manager. That was a big deal then, and I yeah, you know, I quit my job, sold my house, my kids chose to go elsewhere, and I crossed the United States. By the way, when I left Denver, I felt like I'd left the United States, and everything east of Denver was in Greece. And I made my way to the Washington, DC area, and it started my life all over again over there, and I gave a talk at a police station. You remember I'm a cops kid. I was raised in a police station. Sort of in those days you could do that, and so I, yeah, they had kind of like a little room where, you know, anybody could be there and and talk about whatever they wanted to talk about. So I talked about my near death experience and what was all over. A woman came up to me with stars in her eyes. She said, Oh, I wish something like that would happen to me so I could be like you. And I absolutely froze and I felt like I'd done something wrong. And from that moment on, for at least three decades, I never talked about my experience at all, because my job was to be a researcher, not a personality.
Speaker 2: But you became one of the world's largest experiencers. I mean, I remember you and the Larry King show.
Speaker 3: That's back Aways, George, way back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Research base now is nearly five thousand adults and children.
Speaker 2: Have you ever met Raymond Moody. Oh yeah, he's a great Raymond good guy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: And he opened up a lot of doors in this field, didn't he.
Speaker 3: Yeah he did, and still is and.
Speaker 2: So have you, and still am so this book Edgewalker. Oh, first of all, why do you call it edge walker? Wow?
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, I was guided to call it that. And then it's very fitting because I was born like maybe three quarters of a mile from the edge of Snake River Canyon in southern Idaho.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: And so my life as a youngster was often on canyon walls. I climb them, and in the deserts, and I was all over everywhere.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: Very much an outdoor kind of kid and did that kind of thing, always on edges. And I came to realize my whole life has been like that, George. I've always been on the edge of something.
Speaker 2: And it's amazing. Did you just turn eighty six?
Speaker 3: If I can ask you your age, yes you can, and yes I did good for you.
Speaker 2: Well, number one, you don't sound eighty six. You sound way younger than that.
Speaker 3: Well, well, nobody says I even look like that.
Speaker 2: No you don't, you don't. And how you're feeling. How's your health now?
Speaker 3: Great? Absolutely great? I do idea I have to slow down just a little bit, but just a little bit, and that's it.
Speaker 2: Well, slowing down a little bit that never hurts anybody. Now the cover is that basically where you were from these mountains that I see, were you in that kind of environment?
Speaker 3: That that's my publisher, but he wanted to give the idea of canyons, and so that's the cover, the idea of canyons and deserts. And because that's my background.
Speaker 2: Well, these near death experiences that you had in nineteen seventy seven, what made you think you had them?
Speaker 3: Huh, Well, you don't think about that kind of thing. You just you're so totally different, a completely totally different that there's no way I can say that I would that I'm the same kind of person I was before. It ends your life in that sense. Most near death experiencers go through all kinds of changes, which I did as well. I was able to talk about that afterward. You know about twenty one percent of the people, yeah, they don't have it, don't go through very much changes. But the other seventy nine percent, it's almost as if they become another person, because your changes aren't their metabolic changes and increase analogies, an increase in sensitivity, breathing, an animois, lower blood pressure. I can go on and on and on. Your mind changes the way you speak, the way you talk, the way you live.
Speaker 2: Everything changes in a big way too, in a big way. Have you learned how to cope with the possibility of death? Does it scare you anymore?
Speaker 3: Been there? Done that?
Speaker 2: Just walk in the park, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: When I die, I die, that's simple.
Speaker 2: Are you a believer in a heaven and hell concept?
Speaker 3: Well? I found that in my research that people think many of them visit a more heavenly or a more positive environment afterward, but some people it's just the opposite. In my research, went out of seven had a more hellish or uncomfortable experience, but the rest of them quite the opposite, very positive, some of them extremely positive. And you great kind of experience in this in the sense that they were able to visit other world some things through a very different light and and come back quite different. And really it takes it takes sent least seven years, seven to ten years to integrate these experiences, because even though some people, most people come back in a more positive way, it still takes a while to get used to these changes. You talk different, you think different. Sometimes it's a little scary. I don't care what happened to you. Sometimes it's a little scary because of well, when you're you live now, many people what is it figures are fifty to sixty percent? Well, actually tire that it's in the seventy percent have a divorce afterwards.
Speaker 2: After a near death experience. After a near death experience, what happens to them? Was it? Do they change?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're so different, they're so changed.
Speaker 2: They should change for the better. I would guess.
Speaker 3: Yes, changing for the better. But they no longer fit where they were before.
Speaker 2: Maybe they don't tolerate as much as they did before.
Speaker 3: Well, let me give you a little example.
Speaker 2: Okay, this one guy.
Speaker 3: He had a near death experience and and it's like every woman you see is your is your wife, your sister, your daughter, every man you see is your is your husband or son or uncle. It's like, it's like you love everybody. So he was doing this, but his wife thought he was flirting. His wife thought he was behaving and misbehaving, and it caused so much problems in the in the marriage because the wife was convinced that he was he was trying to find someone else, and all he was was just loving other people people, being around other people. He was happy and wound up in a divorce.
Speaker 2: She couldn't handle it.
Speaker 3: That kind of thing, that you become so different that you know, it's kind of hard to be in the same relationship.
Speaker 2: Do you think, PMH that everybody should go through in your death experience to learn something?
Speaker 3: Well, no, I'm not going to make that kind of a statement, Okay, but I am gonn to say wouldn't it be wonderful if everybody entertained the fact that that there's another way of living and there's another way of thinking that's very positive and very good.
Speaker 2: And so good. Yeah, you never forget it to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wouldn't it be wonderful?
Speaker 2: It is dramatic. Well, you know, the same thing happened with doctor Eben Alexander, who were a little snippet for your book, Edualker.
Speaker 3: Sure, I know, Evan. It came to me after his own experience.
Speaker 2: It changed his life sometime. What it changed his life?
Speaker 3: It changes everybody's life totally. Absolutely, you're not the same person you were before. I'm not the same person I was before.
Speaker 2: How would you categorize yourself now then as opposed to what you were?
Speaker 3: Well, I never thought of that.
Speaker 2: Well, that's because I asked a provocative question.
Speaker 3: I would say that I am happier. I would say that I'm more positive, and I would also say that I'm hmm, more happy with myself. And I think that's a big statement to make when you're happy with yourself. Well, wow, that's.
Speaker 2: A biggie, it's huge.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Where does the devil fit in?
Speaker 3: Well, there's no such thing as the devil.
Speaker 2: To me, you don't believe in that. Yeah, I'll come.
Speaker 3: M There really isn't any any devil in that sense. Rather, it's you being tempted by negative thoughts and negative figures and negative incidents in your life and being drawn to that. You know, if we're gonna look at the devil, then look at what's happening right now in the Middle East.
Speaker 2: Horrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people who turn to a negative blame life rather than trying to get along. Hey, I'll kill you. There's the devil.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one am Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more