Speaker 1: And with the number one selection in the WNBA Draft twenty twenty seven, the Minnesota Links select Julie Tatar and the second pick, the Chicago Sky pick Ennis Canter Freedom. What the hell is going on with the WNBA? Look at the chaos, the brawling. Oh my god, it's all so Frankly, it's brilliant. We'll get into that and the latest with Amy Griffin. It is Hot Mike's with Billy Bush and away we go.
Speaker 2: Here doing me right, might Shark.
Speaker 1: That's the same, like another compliment there the NBA. Hello, Hello, my friends, and welcome to Hot Mikes. Thanks for being with us. Please hit subscribe, hit the notification bell. We'd like to have you with us. Boy, we got a busy day here today. Uh, what is going on with the WNBA. It's like it is it just my algorithm? Or has it totally like infested yours? It's everything the NBA has always wanted, Right, They're about to be thirty years old as a league, and finally everybody's talking about the w everybody's watching the WNBA. It's incredible, and they're not talking about the skill level or you know, who beat whom, or what it's all about. The chaos. It's all about the side show and bonjour, Julie Tetar. Can you believe, Julie Tetara, This is the only person the debate of transgender women playing in the WNBA, playing professional women's basketball. This is the only person whom the conversation really affects. Right, the sideshow guys like enniscanter Freedom and Royce Wilson or White whatever the hell his name is, trying to get into the league, you know, after having marginal NBA careers, you know, jumping in as a women's player. These guys are opportunists, their side show, they're looking for something to do. But Julie Teta would a French professional player would of course, the French have you know, transgender men, women whatever playing women's basketball. But maybe Julie would come over and play here. But it probably only affects Julie. But it's a great hot button issue, something that the the woke left puts out there as a litmus test, and now every coach and every player has to speak about it. They have to give their opinion about it, and basically they have to survive their opinion going public before they get you know, called for cancelation. So, yeah, all this drama in the WNBA, it's about racial tensions, sism, it's about bias and white privilege and all these things and at the courts biological men in the w NBA. It's a great debate. I mean, it's like it's gathering so much attention. Commissioner Kathy Engelbert of the WNBA is voicing an official position after a task force of presidents and gms of different teams convene this week. Okay, and of course these bozos who've announced for the draft cannot be taken seriously. There's irony in here, too beautiful irony. There are cries of sexism, as some female coaches are pissed off that there are too many male coaches in the WNBA. Should be more women on the bench than men. Wait a minute, what coach, you don't want men in the league? Little duplicitous. I think that's kind of what we're talking about on the court here. The level of play in WNBA is obviously vastly inferior to the NBA. So all this debate and this discord, is it unfortunate? Do we blame the patriarchy? Why? Why is this happening. I'll tell you, the whole league seems to have been bravatized like the Real Housewives of the WNBA. It's basket brawl in full hair and makeup. It reminds me of Roller Derby. When I was a kid. I used to watch these women just careening around the corner and just taking each other out. It was fascinating. You can't take your eyes off it. And that seems to be what's going on in the WNBA. But what matters here? You know, it's entertainment, isn't it. But it seems to be like a little WWE and it seems to be a little Roller Derby, and of course built around basketball as a game, but all these side shows and antics and fights and cat fights and you know, her versus her, you know, it seems to me that it's kind of the main attraction. Now the WNBA has a second star. It was Caitlin Clark alone, and now Sophie Cunningham is in there. The tall blonde. She is absolutely gorgeous. She's hot, blonde, mouthy, feisty, tailor, made for social media. She is if the Real house was the NBA was a thing. She's the Bethany Frankel. You know, she's got a big mouth, and she's good looking, and she's absolutely entertaining. She got mauled in a game against Djona Carrington, who plays for the Chicago Sky got ejected for what would be called assault and battery if it were to happen on the streets somewhere. And by the way, apparently Florida. This is extended that the Attorney General of Florida has commented on this. The WNBA knows better than to play games down here in Florida because I'll be charging people with assault. What are you doing commenting on the WNBA, sir, go back to work, James Ofthmeyer, Attorney General of Florida. This isn't even a Florida team. We're talking about Indiana versus Chicago. Leave it to the Midwest here, by the way, He then came back and corrected himself, as I should clarify assault and battery, he said, the referee crew chief for this game where the drama was was male and white like Sophie, So of course d Jena, after getting ejected from the game, cries white privilege, girl. Please. Djona loves beef as much as her thighs on Instagram. She is a tremendous self promoter. She's you know, she has a history with the white male for now referee Roy Gulbaien. She posted in twenty twenty five after he ejected her, oh after sorry, he called security because she was going after him after the clock when the game had ended. He called security on her and she posted hashtag micro aggression. Amazingly in this situation, when the altercation occurs between Sophie Cunningham and Djona Carrington, Djona gets goes back to the locker room, and two minutes before the game end, with two minutes left to play, she tweets the white privilege. The game is still going on, but she has the fortitude to go out and hit Twitter and post that it's brilliant. It gets people engaged. But the idea that white players get special treatment in the WNBA, do you buy that it's three to one black players to white players, so I imagine that you know that would be outrageous. I don't think that's the case. I think it's undisputable that Caitlin Clark is head and shoulders, the best athlete on the court, the best player on the court, and the best player was Michael Jordan and w in NBA and Lebron and they get all the attention in the world because they are the best, not because they're the black best. Sophie Cunningham has three point six million Instagram followers. Djna now has five hundred and forty nine thousand. Picking a fight with Sophie Cunningham is a brilliant move for Djna Carrington, who, by the way, also gorgeous, a gorgeous blod, totally stunning. These two are right now, what's drawing in a lot of people? Does white chick drama sell more than I don't know, white and black or black and black? Does it? I don't know. I'm new to This doesn't seem like it to me. Caitlin Collins, the star of the WNBA, just got a ridiculous call against her overturned. Is that privilege or is that just because the call was absolutely horrible they had to overturn it or it would have been you know, there would have been calls of racism the other way. It was a black baseline judge who made the call of a technical foul because she went up for a layup and then like literally the ref was underneath the rim. She kind of moved out of her way and tapped her as she went by, and Caitlyn knew there is no way this is going to stand. This technical foul and it was her eighth technical foul, which means she had to sit out the next game. She said, this will be overturned, and it was overturned, and for only one reason. It's a shitty call. The Real Housewives of the NBA. They need Sophie Cunningham. She's like she's tailor made. She's unbelievable. Caitlyn Collins is very good, but she's not She can't hold the audience enough, right, She's a little boring on the drama side. Sophie Cunningham's unbelievable. How about the Donald? Caroline Levitt, the Press Secretarya, for the way she's asked in a press conference, hey, has Trump connected with Sophie Cunningham because you know they're trying to of course, because she speaks in one statement that's a common sense statement. Trump usually sees that and says, okay, they're maga. Like Spencer Pratty. Tried to make Spencer pratt his They asked as Donald reached out to Sophie. It would be very you know, Donald sk to reach out and make Sophie Cunningham his put her under his tent. No hasn't happened. And if you're Sophie Cunningham, believe me, you're sitting there going please please, mister president, move on. Do other things? Don't come to me. Caitlin Clark is definitely too big a star to She's she's what keeps the credibility of the w NBA as a sport. She's she's the best player by far. She drives the ratings as far as basketball goes. But Sophie Cunningham, I mean, she's like a defender on the court. She's tough, she's great looking. She is central casting here. And this all started when Sophie Cunningham said one simple thing. She said to ESPN. I want to protect young girls in the locker room or girls in sports who shouldn't have to go up against biological men. That is exhibit one. Do we have that, Harry? Do we have exhibit one?
Speaker 3: I think I said what I said.
Speaker 4: I think it's kind of common sense, and I think I'll always believe in that. I think it's really important to protect children and that's little girls who are also involved in that category. And so I stand on what I said, and I always believe that.
Speaker 1: Do you see your Yeah, who's trying to No one really disagrees with this, No one serious disagrees with what she's saying. But it's like this great litmus test. Like I said, it just makes everybody have to come out and say what you believe, or you know, see if you can survive the next gotcha moment. Every coach is shitting her pants when she's sitting in a press conference and she's asked about this the next game after Sophie Cunningham said this was against the Seattle Storm, and one of the co owners, ce Les Keaton, comes out and she's berating fans outside the stadium or you know, being anti trans Celess got fined by the WNBA for attacking fans as she should. She got fined and she has to serve a five game suspension home games Suspensionly can't like at ten games or something. Yeah, it's not about exclusion or hate. It's about fairness. There are absolutely no trans men women who become men who play in the NBA. That's not going to happen. And there's no chance in hell any one of them would survive. But in contrast, the NBA player with the least amount of minutes and points would be an unbelievable star in the WNBA MVP every year. Right, So stop like those who are trying to create infighting and tear down every last wall in society. These are the people that are actually perpetuating this debate. I think the WNBA is you know, they're benefiting from it overall. They're getting a lot of attention. But there is this movement in our country. I can feel it, right, and I guess you call it wokeism or whatever it is, but it's people just wanting to tear down every.
Speaker 3: Wall.
Speaker 1: And I don't mean wall that means locks somebody out, but every bit of structural support as a society we can rely on to hold us together. Right, every statue of it's the same people, a statue of a Civil War general, Oh my god, they were a terrible racist or something else. Tear down the statue, tear rewrite our history so much shame, Like, who are these people that try to do that? And it's such a small group. We all know that it's a small loud group. But it's effective. So Sophie Cunningham's statement in defense of girls, as she said, has prompted the typical role call around the league, right, the highly pressurized where do you stand? We need to hear from you and then we'll decide whether or not to run you out of business. Here is coach Cheryl Reeve of the Minnesota Lynx, right, she came out wearing this shirt trans kids belong. Okay, that's a hedge. Do trans athletes belong in your league? She thinks that she can virtue signal here and she's been accounted for, and then she can, you know, slide back into the background. But you know, this is a woman who is actively complaining to the press that men are taking WNBA coaching jobs. So what about them taking you know, positions in the starting lineup? Would it help if the coaches wore pleated pantsuits? By the way, the Fever are gonna need some dudes on their team to protect Sophie Cunningham, who's getting mauled while she protects against Caitlin Clark. And I mean, look at this is the foul that everybody's talking about. She got absolutely banged in the face with an elbow it. It's blatant no protection or backup from Sophie's own coach. By the way, the Indiana Fever coach, Stephanie White, she was one of the people who had to take to a press conference. She was asked about her feelings about the issue, and the verbal diarrhea that escaped this woman's mouth is indicative of the looming fear of cancelation. It's alive and well. Listen to coach White here of the Fever.
Speaker 3: Well that I would say that I'm educated enough from a scientific standpoint, I don't ever believe that exclusion is an answer.
Speaker 1: I just don't.
Speaker 3: I do think, you know, when we think about various levels of sport, various governing bodies of sport, and things that go into that, Like I said, I'm not I'm not educated enough at the different levels. I know growing up, I played with the boys.
Speaker 1: All the time sports. Would you welcome a biological mail in w n B A.
Speaker 3: Again, It's like, I don't know when we talk about biological mail and scientifically where we are. I think it's a totally different scenario. You know, as I said, I'm not educated enough. And in terms of trans transgender and transitioning to give you.
Speaker 4: Mensor.
Speaker 3: I would say though that I just don't feel like exclusion is an answer, and I think that we need to have deeper, more layered conversations.
Speaker 1: What got that off rapp right there? I think exclusions there, well, I need and out. She goes, uh, yeah, that was unhewful. But listen, I empathize with her because everybody's did this is a litmus test. Like I said, this is just about a gotcha. It's a gotcha question meant to drive social media and Coach White could go up in flames. I think Coach White will be coaching the next game. That was a satisfactor. It was a terrible answer, but you know, you survived. But you know, she's scared to support her player in this case. I think also because the woman that gave her the big elbow is a black player, and she went out of her way in the same press conference to to you know, compliment Dja Carrington for her tough play. And she's a great she's a great athlete, and but we just love you know, boy, she plays hard and all this stuff. Why why it's too bad you're the coach of the team. You should say what the hell was that? Who's talking about Sophie Cunny. Sophie Cunningham is getting hit everywhere like Caitlyn Collins. Here's another anti woke and WNBA coach, Natalie Nicassi from the Golden State Valkyries.
Speaker 3: Here's her all about women, little girls deserving to play, and that includes trans women.
Speaker 1: So I'm all about inclusivity. Ooh, there you go. She's all about trans women playing in your league. Really, Natalie, are you really? I hope her players like approach her in the locker room and say, what are you doing? What are you doing? Virtue signaling? Check? Look at me? You're going to invite trans players again, It's not a lot of people. Julie Tetar would definitely play in the league. I'm not if you want to like look Commissioner Kathy Engelberg, right, this is a giant headache for her of the WNBA, although she should be very excited that a lot of attention is on the league. Next year will be the third anniversary of the WNBA, and it is a lot people are talking about it and going to games and participating in the drama. Sadly, a lot of it is real housewives, you know, basketbawl and not just you know who shot how many three pointers? But this should be easy for the commissioner, who's convening a task force this week to talk about this, which is it's such a joke. I think it's just you know, to say we did. But the IOC, the International Olympic Committee, just banned trans athletes from competition. They will give genetic testing. I think the WNBA can just draft in behind that. They're the one, they're a bigger governing body, and they're international and they have said this is bullshit, it's not happening. So all you can do you can defer to them, tuck in behind their way. Can do a little genetic testing too. I say to Enniscanter Freedom, who wants to play. He wants to register for the twenty twenty seven WNBA draft, And Royce White who wants to register, Okay, chop off your twig and berries. You don't just get to put on a dress and heels, Ennis, you gotta chop off the twig and berries if you want to play. And if you do that, I don't know, I'm tempted to let the guy. I mean, that's a major sacrifice they'd better not be junk underneath that dress my friend's if you want to, although nice legs on enniscanther freedom. So Kathy Engelbert, in a leaked memo nothing is leaked by accident, went out to all the teams acknowledge there have been a lot of questions lately about the transgender athletes in women's basketball issue. She said, this is a complex and nuanced issue, is it really? We're gonna hold discussions and listening sessions for any and all who want to discuss. That'll be a very small zoom as soon as you say, hey, we're all getting together to talk about this. We'd rather just like post a loud tweet about it. But we're not actually interested in the discussion. The intellectualism of it all. Yeah. So the task Force is convening its presidents and gms this week. It's an already scheduled meeting, they say, but they'll get into it now. The WNBA Players Association, the other official statement, said, we embrace justice and DEI diversity, equity and inclusion. Those are the values that unite this union and allow it to protect women's sports while creating transformational change. Word salid word salid word salid. Hate abuse and demonization of any person or group of people, including transgender people, only fuel fear, division, and harm will continue to have hard conversations, but will not be used as political pawns. This is, you know, you take a larger stance. This is it's a greater mission. Hate abuse, demonization of any person or group of people, including transgender people, only fuel fear. Look, this is just about fairness, right. There's a reason why women's professional tennis players don't play men's tennis. It's just fairness. How about Obama. I gotta say this is a good look for Obama. He's not weighing in on the issue, but he's just a plain and simply a Caitlin Clark fan. And you know, I probably some black players aren't going to love this, but please remember Obama is Switzerland. He is half black and he is half white, so he is racial Switzerland. He is allowed to come and he just likes Caitlin Clark sore at an event, and he was super excited and encouraged her to like keep up the tough skin. Exhibit six.
Speaker 2: Obama, how are you yeah really nice to me? Oh hey, Caitlyn, how are you really nice to meet you. You're great, You're fantastic. Don't let all this nonsense get you back. Yeah, you know, I always say.
Speaker 5: One of the things that was luckiest for me was I didn't get famous to a lot like forty five, so I was the old ass man. I mean, you're my daughter. Say you're not to have that much sue. Yeah, you know, person nonsense, So don't lose that joy. The game's like again, yeah, and you're a hooper and either sometimes you always heard and you're on a nice little run right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, come on, that's very presidential. That's very old bull. Been there, done that, you know, seeing that, and you know there's no colors in all of this. Caitlin Clark is totally targeted by everybody in the league, but she drives the league and that pisses off a lot of people. But he loves it. He loves her fight, he loves her ability. She gets back up. That was cool. You know, that's not a political moment. Whenever there is an uproar though, or like you know, chaos or something a row, you know, in the public sphere, there are those ready to capitalize and exploit. We laughed about Royce White, who wants to register for the WNBA twenty twenty seven draft. He's a former NBA player and not that great. He also, by the way, is wanting to run for US Senate. So he's just got two whatever comes first, right, running for senator or WNBA power Forward. I'll take either one, Royce. We appreciate your hustle, but that's opportunism right there. But there are other people getting in on the act, and you know a lot of guys like it. The manisphere is loving this action. Dave Portnoy from Barstool Sports. He loves this whole topic. Ex players love it. As you saw OutKick Sports. Clay Travis is putting his money where his mouth is. Ten million dollars. He said he will give ten million to any WNBA team who can beat the high school boys state champion of your choice. Any state you choose could beat you know, Maine, Rhode Island, Delaware, small places. The truth is he's right right, Most boys high school state champions I think would win over a WNBA team. Also, you have to decide what size ball you're going to be using, because the women use a six and the NBA uses a seven. So you know you got to work that out, but I would say a second of your time, sir, as you talk about size, Eric, yes, you'll make it quick please, I'm on ah.
Speaker 2: The size of walls so six, like the size of your shoe is what you're saying, like versus my eleven.
Speaker 1: Sixth Okay, moving forward here, I don't know what that was. The amazing thing here is it's drawing all kinds of commentary. You know, Klay Travis means it. He says, he means it. So if we is it too much of a side show to have a boys state champion team from America, you know, like anywhere in the country take on a WNBA team. It's diminishing. I think it's certainly pissed off this local sports anchor, Jenna Shortel from very liberal Minnesota. Here we go.
Speaker 3: They veiled sexist show, revealing the actual truth of how he and his organization feel about women's sports.
Speaker 1: It's not about caring about them. They think women's sports chok Well, Jenna, I think it's not Clay Travis that started making a joke out of all of this. It's it's the w n b A is allowing it. Right, They're allowing this to be a joke. They're encouraging it. Seems it's a whole circus. I call it the bravatization of the w n b A. I don't think it's Clay Travis. I really don't anyway. Move over, Barack Obama. Zoran Kwame Mamdani abdul Raman Mohammad al Sayad has taken stage, the center stage. He is the new Senate candidate from Michigan. What is happening on the lefts of this country. I don't know. How did free Palestine become a litmus test for the careening left of the Democrat Party. I'm watching it. It's unbelievable. Somebody brilliant but evil looped in all of liberalism under the Palestinian flag. It's now the symbol of intersectionality. Right party implosion is guaranteed. Here's what the crazy lefties are selling to the normal lefties. We cannot be free until Palestine is free. We who's we? That's gays, that's trans that's Muslim Muslim Americans. I don't think black people are down with this. I don't think this whole It's got to be free Palestine as a litmus test to be a Democrat right two weeks after October seventh, stop the genocide encampments take over elite university campuses. I don't understand how that happens. How do you end old school black white racial tension. I think this is the answer. Send in so oh many crazies that misery finds company. We're bonded together. Is the impending radical Islamization of America a real thing? Ben Shapiro's putting it out there like this has happened? Or is it the algorithm scaring the shit out of you? I don't know. Have the majority resident you know, US government hating American Muslims of dearborn Michigan taken over your algorithm or mine? Is that real? Is that designed to scare? I don't know? Should we should you? If you are, you know, should you be shitting your pants? I can't tell if big tech is just fueling all this stuff, you know, how hateful it is, how much of a threat there is to America, or if it's just you know, technology out of control. Does anyone have a real feeling on that? I can't. I don't know. It's a question. It's the final arrow. Social media tech companies as we know award They reward hate, crazy, divisive, violent commentary, and they're feeding it to us like crack MySpace. Did you hear about this? MySpace is relaunching algorithm free. It scrolls in order, is what they're saying. It doesn't just feed you sh It doesn't detect what you're afraid of and hit you with it over and over again to make you more afraid. It just scrolls in order. Problem is, that's like asking someone to voluntarily quit heroin. You know what I mean, Like, yeah, I know it's not good for me, but you know people don't do that. Problem is you can't turn away. That's why it works. So where is elected leadership on this? I don't know. Doesn't this have to go to Congress? Doesn't tech have to be We're all worried about, you know, superintelligence and AI, but the algorithm on social media is I think more poisonous. One is dangerous, the other's poisonous. Okay, we're going to talk about Amy Griffin.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: Has Amy Griffin issued NDAs to all of the key players in this ordeal that she's in? And does it matter because NDAs don't stand up under subpoena? So a few things are at the top of my mind. Real Claudia, I don't know. I mean, I've texted with her. I know who she is. She's playful, she's got a personality. I don't feel badly for her at this point because she said it herself and Amy's put it in her book and in her declarations that nothing happened to her. She doesn't connect with Amy and nothing happened in middle school. She was not abused. I don't understand why she doesn't. She won't, you know, engage with me or anyone. But I can tell you this, she will if she is subpoenad. I think she's a good law abiding citizen and she will participate. And if the case goes forward, she absolutely will be subpoena. I think Amy's friends, from what I understand, are telling her get out of this thing. You don't want this to go forward. There is no win here. But how does it? What's the off ramp for Amie? You know? Can she has? She issued NDAs and compensated people for it. Apparently James in the book, if you read the tell James is the guy who, at twenty years old or so, when she was studying in Europe, or had a job in Europe for the summer that this guy you know was there and he graped her a date. Grape is the way she writes about it. There. I've heard from a source that he has an NDA and was likely paid for that this was a guy who was They remained friends after the grape at twenty years old. They remained friends for the next thirty almost thirty years of life. Family friends, family vacations together, the whole thing. And then when she was writing the book, She's like, wait a minute, I can't be friends with this person. You know, I can't overlook what happened here. I'm not that much of a people pleaser. I got to get rid of this person in my life and just cut them off. He had sent her an email that said, Hey, I'm going on vacation with the kids, and you know everything about this particular area. Can you give me some advice? And she was like hm hm, And she writes in the book, I stood up for myself finally, and I just said no, and I deleted his email and never responded. I've texted this guy several times. He does not respond at all. The real person, But question is, did he sign an NDA. The coach, the volleyball coach who's a very central character in the book. A source from Amy's Austin Middle School, her Boston Middle school class, whom I spoke with, confirms that she definitely did says that she signed an NDA, which makes you wonder did mister Mason in the book the teacher the ultimate alleged assailant here, the worst person that ever lived, the person she alleges did such horrible, violent and graphic things to her when she was a child. Did that guy, what is your reputation worth? Did he sign an NDA? Did he take money for to disappear and not talk? Or apparently the guy lives in Amarilla and many people know his real name, me included. But I mean, what's it worth to you? Would you taken it? Would you take money? Would you take an NDA? Would you sign an NDA and get paid? However many million? What's it worth for people to look at you in the grocery store and say, I mean, I don't know if I don't think he did, but like what if he did? And that kind of wherever you go, it's not that big a town. Our friend Katie and k C, who I noticed in the comments section is second ago. She's a top sleuth in the biz. She discussed the postcard issue. I know this is a little old, but for me it's worth repeating because I haven't yet. It's pretty good. Jane Doe contends in her lawsuit that Amy coordinated a meeting in Palm Springs in twenty nineteen between the two of them. Totally random. Reaches out and says, yo, let's get together, and Amy denies that she was ever in the area in twenty nineteen twenty eighteen. She says, I and haven't been there either of the years surrounding that. But Jane Doe says, yes, they did meet, and at the end of the meeting, Amy bought two postcards and suggested that the two of them mail each other postcards to stay in touch. Well, that's written about in the book, right, But both gave each other the post guard with their addresses on it. It's kind of cute, like you would do with another kid at camp or something. And the post guard is a black and white postcard with their addresses on it. The postcard is black and white. It's taken in It's a picture of taken in nineteen sixty four by Gary Winnigram, and it's depicting kids playing on a fence inside It's like in the Bronx in New York. In the tell the postcard that Amy anonymously receives includes a quote attributed to Amy, you know circle the second grid, But on the postcard it says Amy in the seventh grade. The question about the postcard is in contention, right. The stamp on the card indicates that it was postmarked in New York. And you know, either a piece of mail that has a New York stamp on it was either processed in the area or sent from the area. And what Katie and KC was able to do is find out that in twenty nineteen at the thirtieth Annual Palm Springs Film Festival, it was showing a documentary there called Gary Winnigrad All Things Are Photographable? Is that a coincidence? Right?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: Were they selling postcards in the area or did they put up free postcards in different cafes and restaurants to promote the screening for Gary Winnegran's you Know documentary. Katie says she's willing to bet money that that is exactly where Amy got her postcard. Pretty interesting. Also, there was up there's Katie right there, her commenting her off ramp is to try to get claims dismissed with the demuror that's on the table. Otherwise it's discovery and then the MSJA and that would be catastrophic. Yeah, no kidding, Right, she's got it. What is the way to get out of this? Where's the real offer? How do you say? Look, I'm gonna settle this because I would just say, I come to believe I know what happened to me, and I don't need to go and get into a courtroom to defend myself. And I think something happened to this nice person, Joe Lean too, And I'm going to give her some money because I think I want her to find some happy And I'm also going to give money to this you know, this Father's ranch where she worked with children who are victims of you know, adult sa. I'm gonna give money to that program because it's doing valuable work. And you know, just pay the right people or give but never admit fault. You can a lot of money can do that. And from what I understand, her friends are encouraging her to do that. Hoh speaking of friend if you've ever have you wondered where Sam Lansky is the ghost writer for Amy's to tell We have located Sam. Early this morning Eastern time. Sam posted this on his story. There he is with Lindsey vonn in it looks like the Mediterranean. They're living a beautiful summer. There's Sam Lansky. What's interesting is Amy Griffin is really good friends with Lindsay von So in her cabal of a list friends is Lindsay von They're together at the you know time one Amy lin Yvonne posted to my best friend, Amy, You're the most amazing person what you've been through. You are the face of courage. And this is at the time one hundred. Amy Griffin was picked for the Most Influential list and so she and Lindsay have been together and of course they went to the morning show premiere for Apple TV because she's super tight with Reese Witherspoon. You know, Lindsay and Amy were posing together. They're super tight friends. So there's Sam Lansky. The question is is Amy Griffin with them like I don't know? Or is Sam now just like so enamored? And Amy has a huge bank account and lots of fancy friends. If you're Sam Lansky, you are with her until the end. But Sam, remember is still in the lawsuit. It's Jane Doe versus Amy Griffin. Sam Lansky and no longer Penguin Publishing dial Press. They were dismissed the suit. And on that note, I read a article a couple of days ago in the Wall Street Journal about the editor in chief of dial Press, a very impressive woman named Whitney Frick. She runs dial Press. She's badass, she's you know, she just looks. She's great looking, she's intelligent, the glasses chic, and very very successful. She runs a hell of an imprint. She had a great rise in the business. She used to you know, she worked at Scribner for years as an editor on the rise, and then she made some excellent picks. She picked Annapolitano's Hello Beautiful book was a giant success. Then she picked Glennon Doyle's Untamed Right story of Glennon Doyle going from a Christian mommy blogger to the wife of Abby Wambach. Whitney Frick and her imprint have been dismissed from the lawsuit, as you know, But and she's been mostly silent she's not defending Amy, but in this Wall Street Journal article she says a few things, So, like a book editor myself, let's grade her comments. First, she's sort of passively aggressively presenting Amy as a victim of the times. Right. She says, we live in a culture now more than ever, where any person can be a keyboard warrior, and there's nothing more valuable online than having a hot take, particularly takes against women. She says, if you achieve a certain level of success and cultural influence, there will be people who will want to make controversy around it. That's a predictable, sort of lazy comment for someone so intelligent and running such a big I think that's obviously true sometimes. But in this case, some lives have been definitely destroyed and a lawsuit has been filed by a credible person, So I don't know. I give that a c that comment only because sometimes it is true. Then she speaks on the justification for dial Press's dismissal from the Jane Doe lawsuit. She says, we do not assume responsibility for formal fact checking. That's the author's responsibility. Book publishers are not investigators. I trust my authors. I give her a bat plus for that comment. Fair enough. They can't be the FBI too, right. Amy's got lawyers, she's got fact checkers, she's writing her book. They are there to amplify the story. So I'm with you on that. On her role in all of this, she said, a memoir is a narrative of the meaning an author has made from their experiences, and the writer of the article says she looked visibly frustrated by the line of questioning. Here, Whitney says, when the author tells this is what happened to me, I work to help them make sure that the meaning they draw from those experiences is clear. So not like the literal experiences, but the meaning they get from it. It's kind of like the MDMA thing, right, Like these are it's symbolism. It's what I feel in all of this should it be taken literally. So here she's kind of distancing herself from Amy in a subtle, subtle as way as possible, and sort of emphasizing like individual responsibility unless unless she coaxed, oh, coerced you know, Amy in the editing, which she did not. Pretty good comment. As for the scrutiny that the tell has received, Whitney Frick says, there's the conversation out there, and then there are the conversations that are small and happening with individual readers, And those are the conversations I try to focus on. Okay, I have to say, when three men's lives have been all but destroyed, perhaps compensated for effectively ruined because of unsubstantiated or corroborated accusations, you got to be a little more concerned with the ramifications of the book, if not liable. Right, her entire career is miss Frick, by the way, her entire career is harnessing the awakenings and the transformations you know, through challenging times of the female experience. That's that's that's what she's here for. So but if lives have been affected, I think it, You know, it matters more. There are real consequences here, and that's what you know I've said all along is my only interest in this is that one lives have been affected in a real way. And I am the supporter of a and this loved one who has been through what was written about here in a terrible way. And you know that that's that's deeply personal and also psychedelic assisted therapy can help a lot of people, but it really has to be treated carefully. You can't it's fragile to become legal in this country. There's a there's a fragility around it that can't be tampered with.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 1: You can't just you know this, This, I think is setting it back in the literati. All the people that promoted the book still silent, haven't said a word, haven't come forward, none of the big interviewers. I gather from sources in the middle that many are advising Amy to exit the deal, like I said, to Settle, to get out of this. They're worried that it's gone too far. And at this point it's like, as you know, if you know me, Lance Armstrong syndrome, how do you get out of this? How do you get out of it? And what I said before was all they can come up with. I think you have to say, you know, it's now become a side show. I want to give a lot of money to those who have been who are victims like me, insist that it's still you and also include Joe Lene. Try to bridge a gap here and try to create some type of it's going to cost you try to create an alliance and it might cost you more than you wanted to. But I think there, you know, maybe that will help and to give to those who are not known around the country to causes like that and just say that's the bigger issue here. We don't want to be a side show that might get her out. But again, sort of like the like Liveliest, you'll never get your answer right and if that's important to you then but again that's the privilege of money right there. I think, all right, Uh, that's it for us today. Gotta get out on a picnic, Gotta get out and remind me to put my sun's screen on. Jesus, my face is like a tomato, like a like a boiled lobster. Anyway, hit subscribe, hit notification bell, Thanks for being with us, Big Harry, thank you, my friend, your beautiful guy. And that's it for us. We'll see you on whimesday. You're doing me right, that's the same. It's like another compliment.
Speaker 3: Jarsey and