Speaker 1: We can started off like, we owe you an apology.
Speaker 2: We didn't.
Speaker 1: We didn't.
Speaker 3: Uh, we didn't realize your game was what it is, Harper were for everybody watching right now, we're supposed to have his girlfriend, Harper on who was the number one recruit in the country coming out for volleyball Big Ten Player of the Year, thirteen All American.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Gatorade Nation, Gatorade un National Player of the Year coming out of high school, won a gold medal with the U nine nineteen coming out of high school.
Speaker 2: I mean just killed it.
Speaker 1: Familiar with your game, man, how'd you land that? A lot of I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't have a lot of practice with that, but I guess just a lucky shot.
Speaker 1: No, the story how you met, we got to hear how what did you shoot? A DM? What was though?
Speaker 5: So I've been really close with the volleyball girls since since I got here. Okay, so then like Ali Baiting Norse and a Lexi Rodriguez, it was awesome, awesome libarro and then so when Harper got here, I mean, my boys, we hang out with the volleyball girls and Harper shows up and then just I don't know, I just kind of spent my game and it worked.
Speaker 4: I guess saw that six' to two statue Walking you're, like, oh, yeah what's it?
Speaker 1: Like is it?
Speaker 6: Is?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 6: Is?
Speaker 3: It is it painful knowing that we're more so volleyball school now than a football.
Speaker 5: School, yeah it's fun, sometimes but then you're also, LIKE i would like to balance it out a little bit. Here you, Know, YEAH i love them getting, recognition but at the same, time you know we want to bring restore the BALANCE i have.
Speaker 3: To, indeed, indeed right Ale, OFF i Know, delaney he's always a master coming up with.
Speaker 4: Him, no just you, know me playing tight end AND i saw that you play one game of tight. End but being one of the first in state quarterbacks to sign With nebraska since WHAT i want to say with to know when was? That how long has it? Been it was PROBABLY i think two thousand and. One, yeah since an in state quarterback has signed With. Nebraska so being able to do, that but in getting going out, there starting quarterback get.
Speaker 2: Hurt you play one game with tight? End tell us about.
Speaker 5: That, Yeah so all through last spring and summer in fall, camp you, Know i've been the backup To, jeff and you, Know jeff was you, know Love, jeff he's an awesome. Guy And, chubba those are two of my best friends.
Speaker 1: Forever but Then jeff goes.
Speaker 5: Out you, know we Lose, minnesota Lose, colorado And jeff has an ankle. Injury but, Yeah minnesota, week they just wanted to get me the ball a couple of, times just trying to use my, abilities you, know they didn't want me on the bench and just you, know keeping the keeping it.
Speaker 1: Warm so big, athlete get him out.
Speaker 5: There, Yeah so that's that was the tight end role for one.
Speaker 4: Game you don't see a lot of quarterbacks being able to transition to that type of position playing tight end because that's a physical. Position you got to be able to catch the, ball be able to take. Hits you don't see that nowadays with. Quarterbacks come, on.
Speaker 2: Are you is the easiest position on the?
Speaker 1: Field are?
Speaker 2: You what do you?
Speaker 5: Think so it's it's hard for me because like it's LIKE i never sat in a tight end.
Speaker 2: Meeting.
Speaker 5: Yep like for, me it was like two days before the, game they're, like, hey, like we know you know the plays and you you know you're athletic enough to run the. Routes you, know do you think if we put you in in a certain, situation you'd be able to just go out and run, it like, yeah LIKE i, Understand like it's like that one it's supposed to look like a slice block coming across and then get over the top of the d. End, Yep so LIKE i understand like how to attack the d end and then get over the. Top, so you, know a lot of that was just natural instinct of you, know seeing reps that many, times and you, know watching. Guys you, know we've got some good tight ends, Here we've had some good, ones so watching them and then just.
Speaker 1: Being able to translate, it.
Speaker 2: Did you not was you not?
Speaker 4: Nervous JUST i, mean like you, said you've never been in a tight end meeting room the day of the. Game two days before the, game they asked you can you play tight? End what was your nerves is like going out there knowing that you a, quarterback a great quarterback playing tight? End, Now, YEAH i MEAN i was just excited to get the. BALL i mean it was, LIKE i think it was like third and four or. SOMETHING i was, like, oh like it was LIKE i think it's second, Quarter like we could you, know first down right? Here could you, know swing the game a little, bit get, it get us some momentum against you, know a Good minnesota. Team so you, know going out, THERE.
Speaker 5: I was JUST i was kind of just excited to get the ball BECAUSE i Knew, jeff that's my, Boy Like he's gonna throw me the, ball no matter If i'm covering a lot. Exactly SO i had a feeling, like no matter what, Happened jeff was gonna flop me the ball.
Speaker 3: There so take us to uh when your number gets called to be the starting quarterback and take over that.
Speaker 1: Job, yeah so what your emotions were like how that went.
Speaker 2: Down especially him being your boy and all of.
Speaker 5: That, Yeah So, colorado you, know a rough, game AND i Think jeff just kind of got in his own head a little, bit and you, know he AND.
Speaker 1: I talked a little bit about that through the.
Speaker 5: Season jeff helped me so, much you, know, Mentally and so he goes down with an ankle injury and late and fourth quarter Against, colorado and so THEN i get in you, know that's really my first time playing quarterback in a live game since high, School so you, know get in there just kind of do my. Thing LIKE i was just at that, POINT i was, like, screw Like i'm just gonna Do, Like i'm just gonna do.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 5: Yeah SO i was just running hard as, hell you, know like just trying to truck, someone, honestly and then ended up throwing my first touchdown ever my Guy Thomas fedoni as like the clock expired Against. Colorado but then going through that next, week you know that after That colorado, GAME i was, Like i'm gonna prepare Like i'm the starter, Now like this IS i feel like this is my, season it's my. Team like that's How i'm gonna. Prepare if that's not how it shakes, out, fine but like this is my, Opportunity i'm gonna take.
Speaker 1: It so Then Northern illinois, week.
Speaker 5: Just tried to lock in as much AS i, can and, like you, Know i'd watch some great some great quarterbacks before, Me Adrian, martinez you know Obviously, jeff so just watch. Them but being coming out here there is there was two parts of, me like the kid that you, Know i've been in the stands SINCE i was. BORN i got pictures of my dad holding me like in the stands and like you, know watching you you, know watching like, that you, know twenty ten twenty, eleven twenty, Twelve, like those are those are like the core MEMORIES i have Of. Nebraska, so you, know being able to run out there and knowing Like i'm the starting. Quarterback you, know all my buddies back in, carneiye you, know everyone's texting me and you know it's it's pretty.
Speaker 1: Sweet so the emotions WERE i had to kind.
Speaker 5: Of tamp them out a little bit to make sure we got our first one of the.
Speaker 1: Season, now yeah from the home, CROWD i bet that was. Lit.
Speaker 4: Bro SO i know your dad played fullback For, nebraska AND i know you had a chance to go To Boston, College, Vanderbilt North Carolina.
Speaker 2: State is that why you Chose?
Speaker 4: Nebraska because of the ties that you had your family have With? Nebraska AND i wanted to ask you ABOUT nil deals as, Well like was that a?
Speaker 2: Bit was that a? Factor would you coming To nebraska as? Well?
Speaker 5: Yeah so WHEN i, committed like, nil like we still had no idea that was going to become a.
Speaker 1: Thing, Okay like that was still like they were.
Speaker 5: Like in The Supreme court or something like we had no clue like if they were going to pass it or. Not, Right so but, yeah a big part of that of me coming here was you, know this is where my dad. Played you, know his career got cut. Short he severed a nerve in his. Neck you, know it was like paralyzed for like ten, minutes like scary. Stuff and so part of that was me like thinking like how CAN i carry on like his, legacy like the chance that he never, Got like IF i get, it LIKE i have to take. It SO i was part of. It and, also you, Know Coach fraud recruited really, well AND i loved what he what he. Offered you, know he's a he was a great he was a great. Coach you, Know i'm sad things didn't work out with, him but love where we're at With coachool as.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah what do you what's your favorite thing About Coach? Rule it's gonna be a two. Parter what's your favorite thing and what's your least favorite thing?
Speaker 6: About uh, yeah, Yep i'd say my favorite thing is like he his standards are like HOW i was, Raised like everything you do like needs.
Speaker 5: To be, disciplined, relentless like you have to bring that every single day and everything you. Do and so like that part's easy for, Me and so like being able to see like my childhood like HOW i was raised translate into the, field you, know into the meeting. Rooms that's that's awesome for. Me and then least, Favorite, OH i guess my pet peeve. HIM i think it's just like sometimes like he loves just like he's Like i'm just gonna talk for just a little bit, here and next, thing you, know it's like fifteen. Minutes like my class is starting in like two minutes or.
Speaker 1: Something it's, like, okay, Man like he's long winded with the speeches.
Speaker 5: Sometimes, yeah but like if we, die we die when a little too viral.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah BUT i mean that's the crazy part is like those things like they come straight as far AS i, know they come straight from the, heart like right off the.
Speaker 1: Dome so like he's not.
Speaker 5: Like scripting him before games or. Practices like when he's talking like he means it.
Speaker 1: Right so that part's really.
Speaker 4: COOL i was just going to ask you who do you look up, to like sport, wise parent, wise like who who's your role? Model who who gave you the courage to be able to be where you at?
Speaker 5: Today, YEAH i mean i'd say so like coming out of like a small mid size high school in the middle Of. Nebraska you, KNOW i had never been to a quarterback. Coach you, KNOW i just kind of just raw dog in, it Like i'm just out here balling.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: Yeah and SO i mean there's two guys, that like WHEN i was in high, SCHOOL i MEAN I i think it was middle school When Josh allen was was in, College LIKE i remember watching him play here and you Know Nate gary like throw.
Speaker 1: The ball back at. Him.
Speaker 5: Yeah but So Josh allen was, one and then Like Justin herbert was another. One like both those guys like they were overlooked and now they're like some of the.
Speaker 1: Superstars in THE. Nfl.
Speaker 5: Yeah and on top of, that you, KNOW i try to model my game after. Them so those are two, guys i'd, say, ATHLETICALLY i try, to you, know emulate some of my game After what what do.
Speaker 3: You feel like last year when you were, thrusted kind of thrust it in and you, said LIKE i switch one, OFF i Got i'm gonna start, preparing Like i'm the start of this is my, job all the things going on back from like everybody that came room for. Me it's The nebraska your favorite. Team what do you feel like was the biggest learning curve for you once you started getting in that live.
Speaker 1: Action.
Speaker 5: YEAH i, mean so the first two, games you, know they were a group of five teams and nothing against group of, Five like those are good, schools but not quite the physicality of The Big. Ten you, know you Playing Northern, ILLINOIS i THINK i rushed for LIKE i had a seventy five yard call back Against louisian. ATTACH i would had like two twenty five rushing Against louisian.
Speaker 1: Attack, yeah, like, yeah we dugged those.
Speaker 5: Boys but but so like those two games WERE i, MEAN i was, like, damn this is kind of. Cake and then you, know we go and then we Have, michigan and then you, Know michigan was you, know that was kind of eye, opening like LIKE i don't, know it was, Different like it didn't feel like like we got like beat, down like, physically it was just like things like just didn't go our.
Speaker 1: Way like my first pass was like a like a, tip which actually funny.
Speaker 5: Enough So harper's, sister that's her, boyfriend is the guy who tipped. That so and then he sacked me later on in the, Game SO i gotta live with that. One because now he's going to the. LEAGUE i can't get my get.
Speaker 2: BACK i, will.
Speaker 5: But i'd say as the season went, on like figuring out Like, OKAY i can't like try and bulldoze like every Single big ten team Like. Illinois all of a, SUDDEN i come out Of. Illinois i've got like a ruptured burst of, sack like bruised ribs all up and, Down, Like, OKAY i probably need to change my style here a little, bit you, know maybe start sliding and getting out of. Bounds, Yeah i'd say that was one of the big things THAT i learned.
Speaker 1: Was the if we, die we die speech during the before The michigan. Game.
Speaker 2: YEAH i.
Speaker 1: Hated asking that.
Speaker 3: Question, yeah the boys died that. Day you, got you, Got you got a couple OFS i don't want to keep her out on.
Speaker 2: Them.
Speaker 3: Off you got quarterback, room how's the quarterback?
Speaker 1: Vibe, Like Like i'll, say.
Speaker 3: WHEN i signed with The, TITANS i remember sitting in a bar AND i was fired up to play for The. Titans And Rashaun evans gets drafted in the first. Round titans trade up.
Speaker 1: To go get.
Speaker 3: Him me and my mental state was obviously competition's, Competition but in that split second moment you're Kind god damn, it talk about the quarterback room and having somebody Like Dylan rayola when the day he the day he committed To.
Speaker 5: Nebraska, YEAH i MEAN i think if anything like him, committing you, know with all of THE i guess following that he had all the, offers you, know being committed To georgia you, know, powerhouse.
Speaker 1: You, know and us flipping.
Speaker 5: HIM i think that just shows like how far we've come as a, program what we showed last, Season like like if you've got that many opportunities and you choose to come here to a team that you, know we, didn't we didn't show everything that we could last, year but like you, Know dylan had all of those and chose to come. Here LIKE i think that shows like how our process is. WORKING i, mean on top of, that besides, YOU i Mean Danny, kaitlyn you, know great. GUY i Mean i've Known danny since he was a freshman in high, school you. KNOW i, mean so like WE'RE i think we're starting to like hit the rise of like you want to come To. Nebraska like, yeah you, KNOW i think when it was my, class me And Thomas, fedoni like we were from, here you, know we and a lot of the guys who came here and are still here were from. Here, like we want to track national national recruiting because, obviously you, know not.
Speaker 1: Everyone you. Can't it's hard to feel the team with Just midwest. GUYS i mean it's, possible it might. Be it's probably a pretty school.
Speaker 4: Possible, yeah but, NO i feel you see it too often nowadays.
Speaker 2: Though, yeah state not the whole.
Speaker 1: Team the best you can do is like WHAT iowa.
Speaker 2: MAYBE, iwa as far as you can.
Speaker 4: Get what depends on how many in state scholarships they can give to like it, all it always depends on how.
Speaker 1: Many walk ons are. Here, now my, guess the best guess would be around. Fifty so you guys probably have like what one hundred and twenty hundred and thirty kids on the. Squad, yeah, yeah it's, deep. BRO i remember WHEN i was, senior read like one hundred and. Forty it was like. Fifty, like, dude there would be a depth chart for scout. Team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no that's college for.
Speaker 1: You isn't that? Crazy, yeah like my, dad some players aren't like.
Speaker 4: That but it's all red, shirt your gray shirt here. Too i've, HAD i, know one gray, shirt.
Speaker 2: You know one gray? Shirt, yeah but what's a great.
Speaker 5: Shirt you walk on like your first year but like you're promised the scholarship like after ye got you got. You but like my dad tell me stories like there'd be two hundred guys and like the early nineties and they just like if you, leave go, ahead like just bring someone up to replace, here.
Speaker 1: A Different it's crazy you got any? More, delanny he did Great spring.
Speaker 3: League talk about the Spring, league it's kind of something that's you, know it's like a fascinating. Thing like in a couple of The husker group chats and men we were kind of talking about. It but it seems kind of LIKE i feel like you get guys to buy, in especially like when it's a down part of the.
Speaker 5: Year, YEAH i mean it's hard especially with you, know some of the older. Guys you, know they don't it's like spraying they're still aching from last. YEAR i, mean but, YEAH i think the Spring league like bringing that competitive juice bag like it is like it is.
Speaker 1: Fun LIKE i think It's.
Speaker 5: Tuesday we went for LIKE i think like two, hours like OF i think it was just straight spring.
Speaker 1: LEAGUE i was LIKE i want, more like would you guys just play each? Other? Yes and like how does it?
Speaker 3: Work talk about LIKE i see THERE'S, gms there's director of. Scouting, yeah there's all these different things like what what transactionally can happen in the Spring.
Speaker 5: League so like if you come in, FIRST i think for the, week then you get eight protections and two. Trades So Rattlesnake boys right now we're in, First Rattlesnake, boys and then the other two old Gold knights and the Bug eaters they're still battling to catch. Up so like if you're in, LAST i think you only get like like two, protections but you get like six trades or.
Speaker 3: Something so when you say, protections that like say we're protecting, you you can't be traded or. Acquired, Yes and so the only part that's different is the quarterbacks are locked in like you THEY i, can't, Right i'm A rattlesnake.
Speaker 1: Boy you can't just.
Speaker 2: Stack the roster your quarterbacks just like Some nebraska talk or.
Speaker 1: What so it just started rule.
Speaker 3: This year implemented the spring. LEAGUE i probably to juice up for, competition because you know when you're in when you're in spring, ball like you're, practicing you're doing your, thing but it can get a little dull because it's like we're not gonna win anything in the. Spring but he's broken it. Up there's three teams in The Spring, league and each of them have a. Roster is that who you practice with each?
Speaker 5: Day so we do like we still have Like indie and you, know just some like regular like nine on, seven just regular. Drills but, then LIKE i, said it's only like forty five practice and after that then we transition To spring.
Speaker 1: League so then you get.
Speaker 3: With your team and you run all this stuff and THEN i guess what once a week you have like where you guys play each other in. Games, NO i mean so, far it's just been like, situations which is like what Coach rule, loves like.
Speaker 1: Right he loves third, down red, Zone like we killed him in red.
Speaker 3: Zone but so, yeah like The spring, league and there's just a point system within those within the situational. Ball and then if you come out on first in a, week it's it's ran kind of like a, league like you get.
Speaker 1: To protect eight.
Speaker 3: Guys it's just SO i guess it seems like a way just for the fellas to have.
Speaker 1: Fun so it's kind of like compete with something.
Speaker 4: Like a red and white, game but practice almost every day pretty.
Speaker 1: Much so are you guys doing the red and white game or is it the spring? LEAGUE i have no. CLUE i kind of hope it's springly like LIKE i, WANT i want.
Speaker 5: The rattlesnak, boys LIKE i love like it, Is like it's fun BECAUSE i usually red and. White like it's kind of like, tiered like you got kind of the starters versus the second d or something right and like here like like you have no like it could be your number one receiver versus like the worst corner on the. Team like it's like the teams are like so like mismatch kind of, Yeah LIKE i don't. Know the only part that's like constant is the old. Line got you like the old, line like the ONE o line is the ONE o, Line like you can't trade different guys, out.
Speaker 1: So if you protect the, line you get to protect the entire. Line, well they made.
Speaker 5: It they made it because they recognized that the old, Line like how big of a deal that? Is, so like they switched the old line through the teams through the, weeks so.
Speaker 4: They got to go and play on every team that's starting on. Line, well it gives you an. Advantage that's kind OF i mean that's. Fair, yeah, yeah you get to start line very much.
Speaker 2: Fair because you know you're going with the back, end you, know even with THE d. Line you. Know, okay it's. Tough it's.
Speaker 3: Tough oh What i'm trying to Think harper is not. Here BUT i was gonna have you guys rattle off a pet peeve that you had of each.
Speaker 1: Other what's a pet peeve apart that you have with A?
Speaker 5: Harper So harper just has like non stop, energy like like she's like always, moving like always, talking like that's something LIKE i love about.
Speaker 1: Her.
Speaker 5: Yah but at the same, time it's, like, okay it's like eleven, thirty like settle down, now Like i'm trying to like and she's just like going. Off but, actually i'd, say Now i'm thinking about my number one pet peeve Of harper is during, movies like will not stop.
Speaker 1: Asking questions like what is? He what is he doing? HERE i don't, Know i'm watching the same movie. Man, yeah let's let's what you can find.
Speaker 3: Out, yeah but it's, crazy like the conversations and topics always come alive like right when we're laying our head on the pillow and, said what where was this any other time the? Day like we're trying to go to bed, Now, yeah what would you what would she? Say as a pet peeve that she has a.
Speaker 5: View, OH i know this one for, Sure like she hates like how sometimes LIKE i just like it seems LIKE i just like do not care like.
Speaker 1: You GOTTA i can say that's all of.
Speaker 2: Us, Yeah LIKE.
Speaker 5: I don't, know just like that's kind of been like the WAY i was SINCE i was. Born like sometimes LIKE i just Like i'm in like my own they call it like our old strengthena she's called me a space.
Speaker 1: Kid it LIKE i just kind of like go off into my own world and like she'll ask me a.
Speaker 5: QUESTION i, MEAN i think a lot of guys do, this but it's just like it just hits the aar and it goes right.
Speaker 2: Back.
Speaker 1: YEAH i think that's.
Speaker 2: It it's a lot of it's a lot of a lot of. Men oh yeah, Yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Boys THAT i miss, Anything. HEIRICH i appreciate, you. BRO i appreciate. Y'all, yeah, man thanks for coming. On Tell harper we missed her. Though all, Right welcome back another episode Of busts with The boys At Spring. Tour we have the psycho on, Himself Nash Nash, nutmaker.
Speaker 1: The Polar Bear, man The Polar bear bro what.
Speaker 3: Psycho, well usually when you do two sport, athletes you got like whether it's football and, baseball you got. Basketball but rarely do you hear about football and wrestling at the college. Level why why why wrestling with being A d lineman in college.
Speaker 7: Football, yeah that's honestly something That, Mike, yeah don't be. Scared it's just it's honestly SOMETHING i never THOUGHT i would do in, college like BECAUSE i was getting recruited and, Stuff LIKE i Knew manning through the recruiting. Process he was trying to get me to wrestle and play, football AND i was, like IF i want to be like really good at one of these sports at this, level Like i'm gonna have to pick. One SO i ended up going with. Football and then, yeah AFTER i would, Game manning just text me like out of the blue and was, like give me a. Call AND i was, like what what could this possibly? Be like what does he wanted to talk to me? For And he's, LIKE i just Said he's, LIKE i want to want you to h give it a, shot like just come and try, it see how it. Goes and SO i was like, fuck like fuck, it like let's, go let's do. It like and so talk To rule and, everyone And rule was like all. IN i didn't even have to like bring it up to him here because TNIGHT i told te night before And TEEN i talked To rule AND i texted. HER i was, like, HEY i come to swing up and talk to. Me and he's, like is this about? Wrestling AND i was like, Yeah he's LIKE i, yes like go do. It he's, like you don't even need to come talk to me if you want to so AND i was like all, right screw, it let's go do. It and it Was. Yeah it was pretty.
Speaker 4: CRAZY i, mean coming from high school that you had one hundred and sixty six wins no losses for state for state, CHAMPIONSHIPS i mean it had to be in your destiny that you was going to.
Speaker 2: Wrestle at some.
Speaker 4: Point did you did you feel that or did you think that football was just gonna be?
Speaker 7: IT i thought football was going to be, it especially like three years without like even thinking about, wrestling thinking that it was over, with and then it just kind of coming, along like it just just kind of worked out and kind of happened that. WAY i had NO i no feeling at all THAT i was going to end up wrestling.
Speaker 4: Again how how how hard was it to lose forty pounds though right after the, season to lose forty drop forty pounds to get into wrestling that?
Speaker 2: Fast, yeah it sucked right.
Speaker 1: Away like right away it was.
Speaker 7: Terrible it reminded you, like, oh this is, why, yeah this is WHY i didn't want to do this in. College but, no it. Was it sucked right. Away but with the help of Like christen And ron the wrestling, nutritions like they made it super. Easy they got me set up with when and what to, eat what, times like, everything like they helped me out so much of. That so gets getting used to that new diet right away. Sucked but then ONCE i got, rolling they just the weight just kind of melted. Off just basically doing WHAT i need to do to get in shape for, wrestling you, know getting on the, bike doing extra, workouts doing all, that like that took care of. Itself then with the new, diet so it just kind of started falling. Off and then ONCE i got down to, weight after a couple of, weeks my body kind of adjusted and SO i was just kind of hanging around that. Weight it wasn't too difficult after.
Speaker 1: That what's the craziest thing you've done the cut?
Speaker 7: WEIGHT i haven't done nothing too. CRAZY i what's the craziest thing you've? Seen, Oh i've seen back in high, School i've seen some guys do some wild. Shit like they'd walk around all day just spitting in a, bottle and they'd go and they'd sit in a sauna like sweatsuit, on like just sitting in a, sauna like just the complete opposite way you're supposed to do. It like they're just killing their bodies UNTIL i get down to.
Speaker 3: Weight but talk about the differences in training, regiment because, obviously football you're training for like six seconds at a. Time wrestling is like a whole different.
Speaker 7: Animal, yeah it was like a whole different thing. Obviously like, yeah like you said, football like we're you're doing some sprints or doing some of. That but it's like WHEN i first went in there, mating it's, like, hey let's just me and, you let's hit.
Speaker 2: A little bike.
Speaker 7: Workout i'm like, thinking all, right a little bike workout twenty minutes and. Out he had me on that bike for an. Hour we're doing like twenty seconds, on twenty seconds, off thirty seconds, on thirty seconds. Off we're in there and get to the end of the, bike says thousand calories burned them out like twenty five. Miles i'm, like, oh little bike, Workout like it was just like straight from football, too straight after lifting with football in the.
Speaker 1: Morning so it's just it was that was the biggest.
Speaker 7: Change. Obviously it's just like the type of conditioning you were. Doing it was like because in wrestling you're going out seven minutes like pretty much all you have for seven minutes, straight and so that type of, conditioning that type of training is just a whole different animal compared to what you're.
Speaker 3: Doing did you ever like after that bike workout where you're, like, ah MAYBE i, chose MAYBE i made the wrong.
Speaker 7: Decision you, know there was definitely some days in there like where it was, like, WELL i get done with lyft to go over wrestle and then it's, like, OH i need to get on the. Bike like there's some of those days where you're just like, what like what AM i. Doing you're LIKE i don't need to do like this that LIKE i have no reason to be doing, this but, YEAH i just LIKE i Love after that first match Against, wyoming it just like all those feelings like WHY i love wrestling and like WHY i WANT i wanted to do, it like they just came back and then after that it was it was. Easy it was LIKE i freaking love this, shit, Man like this is this is so.
Speaker 2: Awesome you can.
Speaker 4: TELL i, mean you say you missed three years your first year Back Golden, Nationals like how was?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 1: Like oh that was that was so.
Speaker 7: Surreal LIKE i grew up watching the N ncaa, tournament like grew up watching, it never been in, person so first time ever going in person and also competing at it was just like a crazy like it was just such a surreal moment for, me like growing up idolizing those guys and then to be one of those guys at that tournament WAS i mean it was.
Speaker 3: Incredible, yeah differences in the coach maning and coach rule head coaching.
Speaker 7: STYLES i MEAN i would say Just manning's a. Nut Yeah manning.
Speaker 2: He's oh, yeah he's.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable but, yeah it's JUST.
Speaker 7: I feel like the biggest difference is just like the amount of players like football has to, coach and then like the amount of guys on the wrestling, Team like it's not Like manning has to manage one hundred and thirty, Guys Like manning's in, there like once you get down kind of in the nitty gritty of the, season like there's really only those ten starters that you're really focusing on and trying to get, Better whereas with, football it's LIKE i have this entire TEAM i need to.
Speaker 1: Manage so it's just the mindset.
Speaker 7: Of kind of how you do things is a little, different just because of like the big changes in like the numbers of guys.
Speaker 2: You have to deal.
Speaker 3: With what do you feel like your teammates in the locker room of a football locker room could learn about spending a season in a wrestling locker.
Speaker 7: Room for, me the THING i like most about the Wrestling and it's like this over at football, too but LIKE i noticed it more over there is like those those guys that were All, americans those guys that are the best in that room are like the exact examples of what you, Want like every person on your your team to be like those guys Like, Ridge Lenny, silas all those guys that were the best guys in that room were the best, Practice they were the best, practicers the hardest. Workers like those guys were what you want your rest of your team to. Be and so it's like that over a football but just being over there and like wrestling such like it's more of an individual.
Speaker 2: Sport obviously than.
Speaker 7: Football so for like those guys to take that same approach is, like, no this is Like i'm doing this for like the, team not just myself over. There just like it really inspired me to be Like, god, like if they're doing that over, there LIKE i need to. Be we need to be doing that like double time over here because it is such a team.
Speaker 3: Sport, yeah because you get to where individuals could, be you'd be so talented on the football field to where you might not be putting in that same work, ethic whereas like a, wrestler it's like you're, saying and the hardest worker are the best wrestlers are have to be and are like the hardest.
Speaker 7: Workers they have to be just like by the nature of the sport because like if they're not being the hardest worker in the, room like it's gonna come out.
Speaker 1: Like they're gonna.
Speaker 7: Whatever they might not they might not, win they might not win a match that they should have won or whatever it. Is so it's like that was that's WHY i love about that culture over there so, much as like those guys are the guys not only wrestling but workouts.
Speaker 4: Everything who do you look who do you look up to in both, sports football and, Wrestling who inspires you like to be great and on the.
Speaker 2: Field and then and on the mat as, Well.
Speaker 7: Like with with football and, wrestling for, me it's it's not so much like a certain, player a certain.
Speaker 1: Person it's it's.
Speaker 2: More so.
Speaker 7: It's more so my my family that like that's like Why i'm out here doing WHAT i do just because especially my mom and, Dad like those those two people are the most important people in my life and they love nothing more than coming and supporting me and my younger brother and like all everything we, do like it doesn't matter if it's, football, wrestling like my mom would gets fired up WHEN i get like AN a on my, Test like no matter What i'm, doing like it's to see me and my little brother.
Speaker 1: Succeeding is what makes.
Speaker 7: Them the happiest parents they could. Be and so just to continue to compete and be the best human BEING i can be in best, athlete best. Everything like that's those two people are WHY i act the WAY i am and like WHO i am.
Speaker 4: In South dakota right born and raised family filled In South. Dakota is that where you got Polar? Bear from being In South dakoda?
Speaker 7: Came that came like in high. School it was JUST i mean it was a, big big blonde kid like some of the like rest like some of the people in the wrestling community or some of like the wrestling, Moms like one of them just called me that one, day and so it kind of started stick and my dad like started hashtagging the Polar bear like on all the stuff you post about. Me and so When nebraska fans found that, out of, course like they just.
Speaker 2: Blew they love. It so, yeah that's kind of how that. Started what's it a talking?
Speaker 1: Football what's it been like playing For Coach white and his?
Speaker 3: Staff, NO i, see you guys made a big jump last year, Defensively like.
Speaker 1: Talk to us about how that's.
Speaker 7: Been it's been, Great like getting to know Coach Coach white last year coach T, night all those guys like they're just as good as people as their, coaches like they're they Liked. Tennight he lets us be ourselves in that, room like when it's time to, work like it's time to, work but like we have a, lot we have a lot of fun in that. Room AND i think that's why we're so close and why we play the way we do is because it's not like we're at freaking boot, Camp like it doesn't have to all be perfect all the.
Speaker 2: Time like T.
Speaker 7: Night he allows us to bring our personality to it while working hard and just continue to do the.
Speaker 2: Things that we.
Speaker 7: Do and that's WHY i think the defensive line is just getting better and better every day because we're just getting so much.
Speaker 2: Closer what's Te night like as a?
Speaker 1: COACH i played with him In, Washington, yeah it was his last.
Speaker 7: Year, no he's a.
Speaker 3: Budget was definitely. Different he had won a Super, bowl so he the. DIVISION i have a Teen night pot? Roast do you guys go on pot?
Speaker 1: Roast? NO i just, yeah he probably don't want.
Speaker 2: Them call.
Speaker 3: Need to be a certain weight and he wouldn't step. On he just take the fine and he just say like all my budgets.
Speaker 1: Different.
Speaker 2: Now he was.
Speaker 3: Nice he was a massive human. Being you know, what what what's it like playing for ten.
Speaker 7: Nighte, Uh it's it's awesome playing with te Night. IS i mean he is probably one of the funniest Humans i've ever been.
Speaker 2: Around like he, is he is.
Speaker 7: Hilarious and but when it's when it's time to, work like it's time to, work like he gets. Honest but, yeah he he allows us to have so much fun in that. Room like here's where just in the amount of times of the entire room just busts out laughing because of something tonight or whoever, Side like it's just.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable you got, uh you got, One, no you got? It what do you? See?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 3: Uh what identity do you see the defense taking on this? Year being in year Two Coach white system.
Speaker 7: Just going out there and being the baddest beast defense on the, Field like we're Not we're not gonna let other defenses out play. Us we're gonna go out there and we're gonna, dominate dominate the line of, scrimmage dominating the. Secondary we're gonna just go out there no matter what situation we're. In we could be backed. Up we could be on the goal, line like we're going out there like excited to play, Football like it doesn't matter what the other opponent's, doing what what's happening on the offensive side of the, Ball we're going out there to, dominate have, fun and just be excited to be out there on the.
Speaker 1: Field how do you see your role developing as a leader now that you're.
Speaker 7: Older just continue to be more of a vocal. Leader that's something THAT i haven't. BEEN i haven't been as good at in the. Past i've always been a, big lead by example, guy AND i think it's time to kind of take that next step into like be that more of that vocal, leader getting on guys when shit's not, right and just continue to develop that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ANYMORE i got. It i'm trying to. Think let me check my notes that we hit that. FAVORITE i got one for, you your favorite post way and.
Speaker 7: Meal mm, hmmm probably going To culver's getting double, butterburger large cheese curd and cookie concrete. Mixer let's. Go that's a Good, Ultimately I'm i'm going, Right i'm eating.
Speaker 1: That check it.
Speaker 2: Out i'll day we got.
Speaker 3: To what you said it was was that order double a. Double but come, on, Man i'm Not i'm not as familiar with. Culvers i'm just.
Speaker 2: Not but that's a that's like A midwest.
Speaker 1: THING i, KNOW i know it. Is i'm just not as familiar With.
Speaker 2: Cover, okay come, on, MAN i forgot you From Saint.
Speaker 8: Lo, NOW I i Is cover is your favorite? Bird that's your favorite fast food? Burger, yeah that's up, there that's probably number. ONE i, mean, guys.
Speaker 1: What's? Yours in And?
Speaker 3: OUT i promise, you over the last couple of, years in And out is getting.
Speaker 1: It it's gary average. Reputation, yeah it's coming to.
Speaker 4: Light that's, why because it's everywhere now no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 3: No people are going and seeking it out and then doing their own. Reviews i'm just, saying.
Speaker 4: Like it is mid five. Guys is Mid, no it's. Sloppy it's a sloppy bugger. GUYS i, MEAN i eat, it but it ain't top it ain't top. TIER i would choose McDonald's over.
Speaker 2: Five.
Speaker 4: Guys you have everybody lost all your, credibility you Crazy Big max is hidden still number. One, Baconator, Baconator.
Speaker 3: Baconator oh, Ship, hey well now we appreciate, you appreciate you coming on, Man it's been funning to know. YOU i met your parents with The Michigan nebraska game and the way you were just talking about, THEM i feel like describing TO t because they were they were fired up to be, like, oh, yeah We're national's parents were.
Speaker 1: National, yeah every chance they. Get but thanks for coming, on. Man this is absolutely let's get a. Photo