Speaker 1: What's poppin Congregation?
Speaker 2: Is your girl?
Speaker 1: Lacey Mosley aka Scam Goddess. Welcome to an episode of Fraud Fridays, where we release older episodes from the scam Goddess bault. That's right, Fraud Fridays is where we bring back your favorite episodes from behind the paywall. Enjoy this episode from behind the paywall, and as always, stay scheming, scam, come.
Speaker 3: Rab and from scam, come rub and froll.
Speaker 1: Scam Goddess. What's poppin Congregation? Ishagarl Lacey Mosley aka Scam Goddess, And I'm here with another installation of what Yes, Scam Goddess, and I'm so what Yes? Excited? Right? Say it with me? Say it into your headphones, Say it into the bathroom that you're hiding from your children. I'm during COVID. Hi, guys, I am really excited.
Speaker 2: For this guest. Guys.
Speaker 1: This is Angela Davis. She's a chef. I've been following her on Twitter for a while because she posted very beautiful like photos of her delicious ass food and videos and shows. She's a self taught home cook, food blog or recipe developer, food photographer. Because she'd betting angles on this food and my angles. I'm like, honestly, I've been getting hungry, Like, bro, who's you know in Detroit. The Kitchen Nista is the blog that she's had since twenty twelve. And if you're on Twitter, if you're on a social profiles of the Kitchenista, get into it. Yeah, and we have her on the show. I know y'all been waiting for this episode. I know y'all be First of all, y'all too demanded. The show is free for y'all, Okay, so stop yelling at me about things. But also I will listen. We're here, Angela the Kitchen Listen.
Speaker 2: Hello, I'm so happy to be here.
Speaker 1: My icon, Mike Queen. It's okay. This is gonna sound so freaky and weird, but like, I've watched so many videos of you cooking that, like I know what the tattoos are on your wrists.
Speaker 2: That's so funny. Well, I just got new ones, so now you're gonna have to learn the new ones.
Speaker 1: So this is like a bit of an untraditional episode because much like the Shawn King episode which y'all niggas got shot, you got me all blocked on all platforms for Sean King. I didn't do that. I never tagged him. I never wrote his full name in the episode. But every time he was doing some function, people would drop the episode link under his photos. To the point where he blocked me on every social media.
Speaker 2: That means you're doing something right. If he blocked you, I.
Speaker 1: Know, I was proud. I was like, good, Yes, he's a criminal. He's a criminal criminal, like and oh my god, a mess. So we're talking about criminal criminals today. But first before we do that, Angela, I have to ask you, outside of what we know, we're here to talk about, what's your relationship with scams. Have you ever been scammed? You hate scammers? Do you like that? Like what it could be anything?
Speaker 4: I'm definitely I've been scammed personal life and business. Like I've been scammed in the sense of dating people or involved with people that had like you know, girlfriends or wives or children that I didn't know about, like that kind of thing. Business, I've been scammed with people that just couldn't do what they the way that they presented themselves. Like my first encounter was was a woman that claimed that she could publish, like help me publish.
Speaker 2: My first cookbook.
Speaker 4: This is like when I first hearted, and she turned out to be a scammer like that, she had no experience.
Speaker 2: It just kind of fell apart quickly.
Speaker 4: So I've had a few situations like that in my in my business life where.
Speaker 1: People she said she could publish a Bookie was like ox KOs, that's my firm, that's my publishing company, FedEx Kikos.
Speaker 4: It's crazy when you go back and read stuff and you're like, how did I fall for that? But yeah, she I mean she was like a jack of all trade, so early in the day she was pretending to be a publisher.
Speaker 1: Charisma, that's how you feel for it. Like there's a confidence that a lot of scammers have that is very disarming that people fall in love with and then they think that you can do things that you can And because a lot of people who are successful in whatever they do are pretty confident in it because they've done it for a long time and they know it. So when you see a scammer adopt that same swag, you're like, oh, yeah, this is what you do. Right.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, they're just making all I know. I say, like, I want to move through life with the confidence of a scammer.
Speaker 1: Next time, Yes, I love that for you. Also, like what a word like that's I think that's the word of the episode. Move through life with the confidence of a scammer. Yes, wake up every day, look in the mirror and say, yes, I could scam, I could do robbery, I could do fraud.
Speaker 2: I don't even need the experience. I can do it.
Speaker 1: Yes. Okay. So on the show, we do something in the beginning that's called what's hot fraud? Well, we're warn our listeners and people about what is popping in the streets or more often than not, our listeners will snitch on their friends, families, and themselves scam gottispod gmail dot com. Just make sure that your scam is retired so that I don't want fuck up your bag exactly. Like, make sure you've done before you tell us. Okay, because I feel like my FBI agent, uh Stephen, he really be listening.
Speaker 2: Don't explose yourself.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got good FBI agents. Okay. So I this is a short one because this is probably gonna be a longer episode. So this is a short What's hot in fraud? Give me a fake name, Angela could be anything. We don't care about. Gender, Katrina, Katrina I like that, Katrina. So Katrina says, Hey, Lacy, I just listened to your Oh first of all, Katrina, why do you spell my name la c e y? My name is in everything that I do, It's on every handle. It's Laci. Why y'all be doing that? Y la zol? I just want to say that. So also, like, do spell it wrong? Because like I don't need the government on all my stuff, So let's, you know, keep it diverse. I think I like it. So says I just listened to your podcast when you talked about Bacon Bitch. Tracy Hudson basically made a bootleg restaurant that was supposed to be like Bacon Bitch, no way but yeah, and then turned it into Brunch Bitch. But I thought it was fantastic because it's like very similar logos, very similar menu. Dang, people just have no sh mac Arnold's. She did mc arnolds from Coming to America. When y'all got McDonald's, we got mac Arnold's.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can't even try.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love the laziness. It's I'm here for. So since I just listened to your podcast when you talked about Bacon Bitch, I went to Miami three three years ago and I was waiting to go onto a cruise and that place was by the location of the dop So I went there for lunch and let me tell you, oh my god, so goddamn good. I have exclamation points said. If you're ever in Miami, check them out. Good ass drinks too. Thank you for giving me something the bench every day and company. Oh this is very sweet. Well that's a very fun intro to what is going to happen on this podcast today, because I think it's gonna be the opposite of that. But wow, Okay, I'm glad Katrina that you enjoyed bacon bitch. Now I do kind of want to go, but guys, we're gonna take a quick break for some non scam advertisements. We'll be right back. Scoff God, And we are back, and it's time for my favorite portion of this show, historic hoodwinks. This is where I will regale normally regale Angela with a scam story and get her opinions all throughout. I am gonna get her opinions all throughout. But she is very familiar with what we're going to be talking about today.
Speaker 2: It's too familiar.
Speaker 1: So before we really get into it, I wrote down some things that I'm yeah, here we go. So today we're talking about Gordon Scamsey, chef boy yard scheme, chef scamby, Anthony do robbery. No, don't don't to me like that.
Speaker 2: That's sacred. Don't you have like that?
Speaker 1: I love Anthony Burdane. That's why I couldn't. I really couldn't figure it out because I was like, no, I love this man. We can do, we can do.
Speaker 2: Marcus scam Wilson I think that was.
Speaker 1: One of them. No, Anthony Burnan is a king. Guys, we're talking about Darius Williams, who is more widely known as Darius Cooks and then even more widely known as Darius Crooks Crooks.
Speaker 4: Mister Crooks. Yes, I'm not gonna call him a chef anymore. This is mister Crooks, mister Crooks.
Speaker 1: And before we really get into it, like I always say, guys, y'all know, I'm not trying to get food, okay, and as on the ready to get my gofund me, ready for my abugado Okay, if I have to drive you out, so I said, boulevard and find a billboard. Fight people, swing met y'all gotta help me out. Okay, give me my money from my Abugatto fund. So the sources for this are coming from Forbes article why food blogger Angela Davis Blue, Darius Williams does not deserve a platform, Southern Girl, Darius Cooks, Darius Krook's question mark popular food prosonatity, personality, excuse me, under fire, black enterprise, from recipes to receipts, Darius Cooks Williams Tonight's claims that he is a crook, and then the State of Georgia Consumer Protection Division.
Speaker 4: Yes, and that is why we could legally call him a scammer, because Georgia determined that Georgia was.
Speaker 1: Like, no, but he do crime. No, they said they know. So Angela is known as the Kitchenese to an American chef, food blogger, recipe developer, cookbook author. She's here, We've talked about this. She also created her blog The Kitchenese and Diaries in twenty twelve. We also know that right She's appeared in news outlets like Huffington, Pose Hour, Detroit Food fifty two at the Washington Post. So like, Angela's here and she has the things she's a seasoned professional, and the girls know, they know I.
Speaker 2: Do my job.
Speaker 1: Yes, some of us actually quick So in twenty fourteen, and this is crazy because this is like a very interesting episode because I'm talking about you, but you're here, and so some of this sounds like it's not like you're here, but it says in twenty fourteen, Davis started seeing some of Darius Williams videos like circulating around the internet. She had a Twitter conversation with a friend, a pastry streff, critiquing some of what she had seen, but never actually tagging Williams nor involving him directly. So, do you remember what that is? Like what you saw that gave you pause?
Speaker 4: It was, well, we were looking at his blogs. I don't remember what specific, like what video was going around, but it prompted us to look at his blog. So we were kind of running through the recipes at that time. And I think my friend it was the cupcakes that caught her eye because she's a pastry chef.
Speaker 2: And it was like a greasy cupcake liner.
Speaker 4: And so at the beginning of the conversation started out like she was explaining to me like how he could have done it differently, And then we just kind of went back and forth in a general sense about how.
Speaker 2: Like sloppy the work was. I remember going to like.
Speaker 4: I just browsed through some of his recipes and the instructions were so vague that it came across to me as lazy, because I you know, I was like a couple of years out at my blog at that point, and I know how much work it was just to explain a recipe in a way that somebody could really learn from it, and everything that he was.
Speaker 2: Putting out just seemed like the exact opposite of that.
Speaker 1: And I will say that I think he got away with that for so long because there was like a kitchiness to him. There's like a comedic aspect. So some it's almost like those white women who make those videos where they make nachos on their counter and Speakara on their counter. It was like clickbait, and so I think that that he used that to his advantage. The issue is that he is really also trying to purport himself as a real chef and sell recipe books, So it's like, since which is right.
Speaker 2: I don't know that he realized that it was funny.
Speaker 1: Oh. I think.
Speaker 4: I think he thought he was really doing the thing, you know, like going back because I watched I went back to some of his oldest videos when he first started cooking. It was like two thousand and eight, and I found his Master Chef audition. He was taking himself seriously. He really should have just been a comedian from that point and it.
Speaker 2: Would have been great.
Speaker 1: I saw when you tweeted about that, because wasn't he talk about some sss all or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I was just falling out of the pantry, and like he looked. It was like he was looking at sets for the first time as he's doing this audition and talking about his secret ingredients. So yeah, he wasn't taking himself seriously. But but he It's just weird because all this time pretending to be a cook, he could have just learned how to cook right like you.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing about scamming is like a lot of times people have skills, but they're just kind of lazy and don't want to hone them when they realize they don't have to. So that makes sense. And so when you had this conversation about the cupcakes, I guess he screenshoted it and posted to his Instagram and alluded to you not supporting black chefs.
Speaker 4: That's his yeah, that's his recollection, is that he approached me.
Speaker 2: I think. I think in his.
Speaker 4: Interview with Larry Reid, he was he was saying I approached her and said, you know, we should work together because that's there's not too many black people out there. But that's not actually, that's not what he did. Like when he screenshot it, he presented it to his audience that I was hating on him, and this is why black you know, I don't know why black cooks can't get along or black food blog or something like that, which is manipulative of course, of course, I mean from the very beginning, this is what he does. Like he he you know, he hides his hand and likes to come off as if he was the one being nice and like, I can't imagine why anybody would would make fun of me or hate on me the whole while he's like he's harassing me.
Speaker 2: I had a much smaller audience.
Speaker 4: At the time, and my friend had an even smaller audience, so she was pretty taken aback by the harassment. It wasn't completely new to me at that point. I had experienced a little bit of online abuse, but it was unexcusable.
Speaker 2: You know, it was like a whole week.
Speaker 4: Of course, it was the way that he presented it instead of just.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, he really he should have taken the advice to be honest.
Speaker 1: He went full Karen. He went full Central part Karen. He was like, I'm big attacked, I'm big attacked.
Speaker 4: But was like doing the Yeah, it's so for me, Like these people are just making fun of me on the internet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, exactly. So let's get into his scams. We're starting with Soul Crab and greens Engraving. So Crab is one of several restaurants the Darius owned in Atlanta, Georgia. As more information started coming out regarding Darius, a former server from a now shuttered Soul Crap gave her account a physical assault by him, and there are tweets that will post to the page. In an exclusive interview with black Wood Enterprise, william says the reason that Kiara didn't receive her money was because she never completed onboarding despite being shorted on payroll, and this is an alleged common occurrence with a lot of his employees and it's very cute to call it shorted on payroll. Nigg you robbing me. I'm doing work and I'm not getting currency for it. What's going on?
Speaker 4: Don playing that? And it's been two years since the restaurant closed? Like why is a server still looking for money?
Speaker 1: Also? How does someone not complete onboarding paperwork but they working right?
Speaker 4: So you didn't do your job right? Blaming the worker. That's not that's even true, right.
Speaker 1: Well, you didn't sign here in initial here, so that's why we can't pay you, even though you've been working here for two years. Like what what?
Speaker 4: It just it doesn't make any sense for it to have gone to that point where she was that upset. She never should have been the math thing man for her check. Of course she was upset.
Speaker 1: So he also denies the assault, saying that she began being irate with him. He says he reviewed the video footage with responding officers and admits, so I did put my hands on her. This is a quote from Black Enterprise. But I put both hands on her shoulders to kind of turn her so we could go discuss this outside. So you put your hands on her, right, that's as all? Yeah, Like that's I think that's the definition, right, And I would.
Speaker 4: Love to see the tape. I mean, I don't know why the tape hasn't surface yet. It was it's completely.
Speaker 2: Different than his.
Speaker 1: I didn't saw it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna believe her.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Also, that's like me being like I get to a fist fight. I didn't have saw her. I just massaged her eye, socking with my fists, which walked her out outside the door.
Speaker 4: Okay, right, So the two women that had to pry his hands off of her.
Speaker 2: Were just making that up too.
Speaker 1: I gave her a hug with my hands around a throat.
Speaker 2: What interaction?
Speaker 4: He's yeah, he just he lies, He lies with everything. But it was it was just so disturbing that that he brushed it off and then in another interview just claimed to not even know her name. It's just like, that's just so offensive to me that you now you have somebody that came out and said you didn't pay me, you assaulted me, and you can't even bother to learn your employee's name. Right.
Speaker 1: And also in the Black Enterprise article, he brought up his queerness, saying, you know, I'm a gay man, like, how could I harm women? And I was like, what what did that mean?
Speaker 2: Absolutely nothing to do with he's he's been doing that a lot lately.
Speaker 4: That's that's that's the new deflection, is that I'm a gay man.
Speaker 2: I couldn't possibly be harming woman. It just doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: Oh gay, How could I be a criminal? Like news to me?
Speaker 2: So I don't know. That's that's not gonna hold up very long court.
Speaker 1: I'm right, I didn't know that. That's I don't think you can be like, yeah, you're honored.
Speaker 2: I don't even like women could hurt them.
Speaker 1: You're honored. I engage the same sex dating. Hell, could I be a criminal gay to do crimes? What did he say in that?
Speaker 4: Because I was just watching it last night and I think it was the Larry Read interview and he says he said that I must not have known that he's a that he's at sissy like he said that word.
Speaker 2: It's just it's just crazy.
Speaker 1: What that mean? Your honor? I couldn't have hurt that woman. I'm gay. I like I just the mathe mathod And that's that's gonna be the through line for all of this, is that the math just will never math so soul cry so Darius's other restaurant, Greens and Gravy, shut down this past February without notice. He announced in an Instagram post that they were shuddering, but did not provide additional details. Later, he said it was due to his mental health. And I want to bring this up because it seems like anything that is a struggle or a situation where you're marginalized, Darius likes to capitalize on that. You know, he did it when he posted you on his Instagram and was like, black people, why can't we get along? Crab sent a barrel, also sold grab my restaurant, And then he did it with being homosexual, like I couldn't hit a woman I'm gay. And then he shut down his restaurants and said I had closed my businesses because I'm depressed. And it's like this brings out the pill bottles, right, And it's like, also, I realized on your social media that he sent a lot of his fans after you, attacking you for your mental health, trying to say that because you were exposing a criminal, that you were mentally First of all, those two things don't walk hand in hand. I suffer from professional anxiety. That doesn't make me a bad person. It doesn't make me do bad things to people like they're different. But he used an excuse of mental health and then tried to have people attack you saying that you were mentally ill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's, I mean, he's it's more reflection. See, I've always been open about my mental health.
Speaker 2: I talk about it all the time.
Speaker 4: I was diagnosed as by polar when I'm twenty five, when I was twenty five, and I've always been open about it.
Speaker 2: It's just part of my life.
Speaker 4: And so the interesting thing is that he never ever, ever talked about mental health until the restaurants I went back and let through his feed. It's not even mentioned like nothing but the question, nothing about therapy, nothing about mental health, right, and now this is the reason. And you know, everybody goes through what they go through. I'm not discrediting it. I can't prove that he's lying. However, I do think it was a convenient time to now start talking about your mental health and put out pill bottles as crops. I just I think it's disgusting as somebody that actually goes through it, because I don't know if you saw the latest what I realized after I've been tracking this for a month and I started. I had never looked through his ebooks. He plagiarized his holiday e book based on mine. I put out all, Yeah, I put out a holiday My first holiday book was in twenty fifteen. It was a Thanksgiving book, and then I did I followed up twenty sixteen with a revised version. It was a full holiday menu, and the concept was a full holiday menu in one book, with grocery lists and like tips for holiday prep, all my own photography, like original recipes. I think it's about forty recipes. I start out with like an intro about family traditions and how much that means to me and how I'm trying to preserve those traditions and learn how to cook so that I can put food on the table for my family. And I talked about how important it was, like from a very personal place, and it happened to be the book that I put out when I quit my job, like that allowed me to continue my journey.
Speaker 2: Well. I had never seen his content because I blocked him at twenty fourteen.
Speaker 4: He put out a holiday book a year after or I did, and I started going through it. I did a thread on Twitter, and there's just too many coincidences. I'm gonna call it like for me to ignore, right, Like the whole concept rips off of my book down to like like I'll give you an example, like the type of recipes I did, the traditional you know, like turkey hymn, and then I have alternatives.
Speaker 2: I did a like pistachio crusted.
Speaker 4: Salmon, and there's a coffee rubbed beef roast, and there's cornish hens. Well guess what's in his book? Cornish hens, a beef roast and cong crusted salmon.
Speaker 1: It a little bit.
Speaker 4: He just switches up like one or two ingredients and then cuts out half of my instructions to make it like this sloppy, easy version of whatever I did. So I went through the whole book and it's just it's a lot of it's a lot of shit like that, even down to the intro, Like we're questioning if his grandmother even existed at this point because a lot of the stories are adding. Like every interview he does, he switches up the age that he was when he was cooking with her. He switches up his grandmother's been everywhere from like Chicago to Mississippi to Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Now, so what I realized in college.
Speaker 1: I kept killing my one dad aunt to get out of finals, to get out of doing everything. I'd be like, oh she doesnet die again, y'all. Here here's those bitua. I moved the sunrise to sunset. Oh my dad so many times. Her sunset was in twenty twelve. It was also in twenty fifteen. It was.
Speaker 2: That's terrible.
Speaker 4: I guess maybe that's what he's doing, is like Pam's just been all of it, like the whole book that he put out, stories from my grandmother's kitchen, Like all those clots are made up about panms, like Pam didn't make avocado toast, His grandmother didn't make avocado toast, Like she didn't make a Strengthen Chariza Burger like why is he lying on his grandmother?
Speaker 1: Why are you lying on his girl? But like that, why else to do that?
Speaker 4: He has a great his grandmother pat he pretended to be me. So I think that's where like the mental health park comes up. I went through his old interviews, and he had like different stories about when he went to college, Like first he said he had a biblical he had a degree in biblical studies.
Speaker 2: Well, somebody went in contact to that college. I never heard of him.
Speaker 4: It's like Moody Bible Institute, Like we got a letter back and they're saying, Nope, never heard of him.
Speaker 1: And I also want you to know that you might be Darius's grandma, like when he.
Speaker 2: Like, that's probably the next iteration of the story.
Speaker 4: So he and then he and then as as it evolved, as his journey involved by the time you get to like twenty fourteen, which is when I started doing interviews, now he's claiming to have a fourteen year HR career and he left a commercial real estate company to pursue cookbooks and catering.
Speaker 2: Well, guess what I was doing.
Speaker 4: I was working at a commercial construction company and I had a ten year account. Like I like, this is it's like single white female. Like his whole story shifted to look like mine.
Speaker 1: So he did.
Speaker 4: I had him blocked, and I'm not realizing that he's copying my books and he's copying my actual story right, like my life story. And I think the mental health was just like an extension of that because a year prior I have talked openly about having like a mental health crisis, and now conveniently here's various list with It's like, what's next, you know, being.
Speaker 1: Being alive and being yourself as hard. You know, if you find somebody who's just got everything you want, maybe just be them.
Speaker 4: I was sous, like the only thing he couldn't plagiarize was my children. And then I went back in the book and the book he put hes he copied tips that like don't actually fit in his book. He copied tips for recipes he didn't even have, so he so he copied a tip about letting your kids set the table, like he actually put that in his book. Just find a kid at the table, sign a kid.
Speaker 1: You don't have to, you know, Darius is probably sitting there, like, damn, okay, this has been working thus far. She's my fake grandma. I'm stealing all these quotes. I'm stealing these recipes. Oh damn, she got kids. I don't got kids. How can I work this out? Find it? Child may here. Find a child's cential table, whether you have them or not, Like.
Speaker 2: Just just find a random kids asking us a kid.
Speaker 1: Go outside on the street and find a child to sential table. Amen. You know that's hilarious. I'm sorry, Like what it's insane? So there are more issues at his restaurants than just disgruntled employees, according to a former kitchen manager who spoke with Black Enterprise. And so this is a quote. And so when the people Health inspectors came in, they failed it. His license wasn't up to par. He owed almost twenty five thousand dollars to the light department. So when they handed me the letter saying that lights were getting ready to be cut off, twenty five thousand dollars or we're cutting off the light, basically, I told my crew go home, cut them off. A whole millionaire with his lights getting turned off, right, a whole millionaire. But you can't. We can't have a fluorescence.
Speaker 4: We can't have not even a flashlight, not even a candle, right, like the lights.
Speaker 1: What's going on? But listen, Darius, just like you don't need to see the food, probably for a good reason. And so you couldn't see the rats and the roach, right. He was like, look, I'm giving vibes. Okay, y'all come here and get vibes. Y'all need to see stuff. What do you need to see? Set out? You're setting the scene right. Additionally, when the restaurants shut down, there were problems regarding final checks. This is another quote from Black Enterprise, from someone who's employed. You left them people with no paychecks for months. It took them threatening to sue you before you even gave them an allowance because it wasn't their full paycheck. So you just gave them whatever the hell you wanted to give them to hell with my payroll, hell with everything. Right before Darry's that's shameful. It's shameful. You have to pay people what you owe them, like.
Speaker 2: And this is this is into the pandemic. This is twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow, oh then that's even it's way worse. So right before Darius shut down Greens and Gravy and Soul Crab, he had just settled with the Georgia Department of Law Consumer Protection Division as his company Above seven oh one allegedly conducted a legal credit repair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean not right there. He started this in twenty sixteen. It was a different company name when he started it before it switched above someone on one. I just want to know why nobody thought that there was something wrong with a food blogger just popping up with a credit repair business out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: Right, The math ain't math in there. If he was like an account in or worked in finance, perhaps that could be the next jump. But that's like me going from being a comedian to be like, hey, y'all, I'm selling door heart monitors. You're trying to get your heart monitor all. Like it's like where did that come from?
Speaker 4: Especially considering like his whole past, it's all it's like bankruptcies, evictions, lawsuits, Like how do you have all that in your past?
Speaker 2: And then you pop up and decide I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Fix everybody's credit right, No, no finance background whatsoever.
Speaker 1: So above seven oh one's byline was because you can't be flat with bad credit? Okay?
Speaker 2: Wow? So is he praying a black people? Like it's just it's funny, Like the ads are funny in the sense that it's just they're so terrible.
Speaker 4: But what he's doing is scamming the same people that he claims to that support him, you.
Speaker 1: Know, right, Southern black people seem saepy, all black women, black women, and people with religious backgrounds. He's like, do you want to get your credit face? Do you try to get a new credit card? Skirts skirt? Okay? Like he's like all those ads that whenever I go to Atlanta. Atlanta has the most beautiful black radio ads that are so deeply black and hilarious that I know a white person wrote them.
Speaker 2: That's how write, you know what, that's how he writes.
Speaker 4: He writes like he's just like playing an African American soul food cook.
Speaker 1: Right. One of my favorite commercials when I went to Atlanta was one eight hundred injured, and it was like one eight hundred injured.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: I was just driving my business. It was like I was just driving minded my business. Somebody got behind me skirt skirt my neck, hurt my back doo, and I had to call the throone. I still remember it.
Speaker 2: You got a call the thone.
Speaker 4: That's his credit commercials, and it's all it's just all about like fixing your credit so that you can buy something. So even the ads are it's just like, you see what the motivation is. It's not about getting your life together. It's about like, let me like illegally fix your credit so that you can get approved of this car or.
Speaker 1: This house so that you can be fly and stunt people with the same bad credit. And so he did this as long as you paid him a monthly fee. He said that he would fix your credit. This is an illegal practice in Georgia. In December twenty nineteen, the State of Georgia announced that one hundred and forty seven hundred and fifty dollars settlement with Above seven oh one and Williams was happening. So they were like, you're doing crime and we see it and you need to pay us and then get out the game. So, in addition to violating the Georgia Fair Business Practices Acts, the set, the state states that the company accepted payment before services were provided and were misleading about the services that it could provide. There's also numerous unaddressed complaints in the company's Better Business Bureau page. Williams says that he refuses to address these complaints. He also refuses to provide Better Business Bureau with physical addresses for his businesses and set up accounts so that the Better Business Bureau is unable to address concerns. So not only he say like I'm not gonna respond to nothing on the Better Business Bureau, also like they were like, Darius, where's your business address? And he was like, my address is a vibe, you know, it's a feeling.
Speaker 2: So and so are his business licenses. It's just it's just vibes and credit card charges.
Speaker 1: Right, Like, we're looking at the Better Business Bureau right now, and they've got some complaints up here. So we're gonna read one of these complaints here from the Better Business Bureau that are on this page currently.
Speaker 2: He also deflects by kind of focusing on Georgia.
Speaker 4: But that law about not accepting payment upfront for credit repair, that's a federal law.
Speaker 2: It's actually illegal everywhere.
Speaker 1: He was just trying to act like Georgia was doing too much, but it's like this on him too. And also that kind of feeds into the sympathy and the manipulation too, because there are some laws in Georgia that are deeply unfair, especially when it comes to marijuana and black folks. So there are some laws in Georgia that actually are bad.
Speaker 4: So he's like, by the way, right now, we start selling like infused products or something like he doesn't even understand what a strain is.
Speaker 1: So, oh, Lord Jesus, this is not what we need.
Speaker 4: This.
Speaker 1: No one needs this, nobody.
Speaker 2: Needs nobody needs those kind of edibles.
Speaker 1: So one of his complaints on the Better Business bureau website is I ordered a pound cake in early April and I have not received it yet. This complaint comes from May twentieth, twenty twenty one. They said they ordered the pound cake in early April, weeks they're taking weeks in the mail. I've tried contacting Carolina pound Cake twice May ninth and May sixteenth by email and they have not responded. I would like a full refund of fifty dollars the price of the cake, like the next one. I placed an ordered to pound Cake Carolina websites April twenty fifth, twenty twenty one. The website says that it should take five day business days and the cake will be baked and shipped, and I haven't gotten it. Like the same thing, There's a lot of the same complain on there which brings us to Carolina pound Cakes. In the comments of a post from You're from You, Angela Davis with Kiara's Statement, who was one of the alleged former bakers with Carolina pound Cakes, details her experience working in poor conditions and being paid pities to bake for Carolina pound Cakes. There are also numerous complaints on the websites Better Business Places that we just read about not getting cakes or refunds. Customers were told they were backed up, hence the website being taken down. However, on July nineteenth, twenty twenty one, the company was dissolved and.
Speaker 2: No business life sense.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing, though, even before it was dissolved, that address that was on the website was just a PO box, so nobody knew where the actual bakery was, and there were no health inspections for wherever this place was that he was baking, and so the state caught up with him, so they definitely know, you know, they shut it down, but he's so claiming to be catching up on orders, so who knows where these cakes are actually being made and why they're taking two weeks to you know.
Speaker 1: Right, that's an excellent scam tactic. Though I can't lie to never have a real physical address. I kind of want to do that. It's actually genius.
Speaker 2: It seems to be working for him. It's not the first time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which because he had no physical address and they couldn't do health inspections. Like you said, Angela, it was against the law because that's a requirement for shipping food across state lines, is that you have to have a health inspection.
Speaker 2: Because it's a food safety issue.
Speaker 4: Like, I think that's serious that he's just he's sending out cakes that are not being wrapped properly. They're taking a couple of weeks in the mail, and apparently his followers are still eating them when they get them.
Speaker 1: Yikes. And I saw pictures on Twitter of someone who had cakes allegedly that were from his company and they were moldy when they got this.
Speaker 2: One off.
Speaker 4: I saw one that had bugs and all because yeah, like they look like little black ants or something.
Speaker 1: Oh and food, you know, I think sometimes we don't put enough respect on food and people who make food and people who are chefs, because food is one something essential that we all need in our lives. But food brings people together, It reminds people of things. It nourishes their souls, their minds, their bodies. You should be respectful. There should be the amount of grace and respect that you have when you're making food for people. And absolutely, and you should care. You should care if it's safe for them to eat, Like that's just fair. Minimum is that you know that it's safe. You know that you're not going to kill somebody by sending them a cake. The bar is on the floor, especially because our food half of it ain't food.
Speaker 4: We can we talk about like the fact that it's a fifty dollars pound cake.
Speaker 1: First of all, I mean fifty dollars.
Speaker 4: Fifty dollars, Like what kind of poundcake is this?
Speaker 2: Also, when should you take the utmost care shipping a fifty dollars time?
Speaker 1: Right? I was about to say, if it's fifty dollars, it should be FedEx next day, beautifully decorated, plated, like you should have to sign for it, like fifty dollars and you're just throwing the shit in a fucking next day airbox and.
Speaker 4: Not like he's still like a flat rate shipping box and like just like a prayer, and like it'll get.
Speaker 2: There when it gets there five to eight days.
Speaker 1: What did it mean? How long is it traveling during the five to eight because I really needed to just travel one day.
Speaker 4: That's He's just I don't know, I just I don't understand it. I don't understand how this has been going on for a year and a half and people are just not asking, like that's going over the cakes.
Speaker 1: I don't want o caake that's been percolating for five day days. I don't want it marinated. I don't want a fermented cake like and that man loves to put Hannessy in things, so oh right right.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe that's the disinffect. Maybe that's what stops the h Maybe he soaks him at Hennessy's. They don't grow now.
Speaker 1: Listen, Hennessy is very strong. I've drink during COVID. There was some place in some country that was given Hennessy and masks to people, and I said, that might be the cure, because I ain't never if you want a new throat, if you want to just refresh the.
Speaker 4: Drinks in his restaurants. He had issues with food safety too, like those health inspections were terrible.
Speaker 2: The one in Chicago.
Speaker 4: It was like the food wasn't even being stored at the right temperature. So maybe that's the Maybe that's the plan, is like you just have enough alcohol and nobody gets sick.
Speaker 1: Right, He said, Look, we ain't got no lights, we ain't got no health inspections, but we do have as a lot of Hennessy. Y'all gonna be good. Y'alln't need to see shit. It's fine if you have to eat bugs. We have Hannessy. So Sonny Anderson and Fresh Go, like, guys, do you see what's happening? Like are you listening to how we are just moving from It's a lot. It's a lot, like, so come going back to Chicago. Chicago's one of the baby scammer was in Chicago. This is these are the baby scams. He had a whole bunch of scams in Chicago. That's cute. I literally just flew back from Chicago. I think it's a very cute. Skinddy, very right, very right for scams. I would love to go back and rob people.
Speaker 3: Bob bab.
Speaker 1: And right. So, celebrity chef and Food Network stars Sonny Anderson invited Darius onto her show Cooking for Real for two episodes. According to Anderson, while working together, Darius asked her to invest in his grocery delivery business in Chicago, Fresh to Go or Fresh Go. She declined, but after the show aired, she started receiving complaints about the business. Because of his appearance on the show, people assume they work together and that she'd be able to contact Williams. That's how you know that she really is some crime. When people see you with somebody else and they're like, well, maybe this is how I can get my money back. I'll never forget rush cards. So Russell Simmons had this card number played debit card that you can have your checks put on from work called rush cards, and then his ex wife also had like the baby fat Rush car Like they had these little you know cards for people who don't have bank accounts, and one day, I guess, all the money got froze and nobody could get their checks from work. No one could get their money off of the card. And it got so bad that Angela Simmons had like angel would post a photo like out at the beach, cheeks out, sons out, buns out, and people were in the comments like, cis, can you tell your dad to run us our money?
Speaker 4: Where is our fucking money? Blame them though, that's crazy. My last really bad date.
Speaker 1: I mean, it tells you how long I know this was.
Speaker 2: It's the guy pulled out a Rush card. He couldn't he couldn't pay for the whole.
Speaker 1: My god, now not the rush card on the dead.
Speaker 2: Pay for the whole. Like we sit down and he's starts.
Speaker 4: I could tell from the beginning because he's just ordering water, and he's like, I'm not that hungry, He's just picking something off an appetizer. And I already keep gaming from the beginning, so I'm ordering everything because I knew I was gonna end upaying for my shit anyways, so I, you know, I ate everything I wanted to.
Speaker 2: This was like it was like a Mediterranean restaurant.
Speaker 1: He was like, they got free bread here, they got free bread. That's all we need.
Speaker 4: I think he has some hummus and some water, and the check comes and he goes, well, I only got thirty dollars left on my card and he puts the card down.
Speaker 2: It was a rush card. So that's when I just decided that dating might not be for me anywhore.
Speaker 1: No, no, not the fresh card, the rush card.
Speaker 4: So I told the server, I said, put thirty on it, and then I paid for the rest of my mony off. But I took everything off of that card.
Speaker 1: Angela, you Patty, not put thirty on it. He was like, no, I'm taking dolls. Like, I'm gonna take it and then I'm gonna pay for the rest and I'm never gonna see you again. I love to ask for you Edbar's, but yeah, so rush Card wasn't rushing nobody day coins. They were very actually slow and not fast and did not rush to pay people money. So it's just funny to me because like the fact that Angela or Sunny Anderson rather, you know, had a mild association with this man, and then people were like, this is how we get our money back? They were desperate.
Speaker 4: If you go back and look like you can still if you search for freshco on Twitter under the old handle, you could see some of the people are still like back then, this was like twenty twelve. They're just tweeting into the void like Farius ran after, you know, left with their money and they were trying to figure out how to find him, and they were just asking like it was the beginnings of so is this guy a scammer because he appears to have run off with their money?
Speaker 1: Right and Anderson. Anderson said, I got messages on Twitter about fresh Goo or fresh to Go, and there were complaints that people had given their credit card information but no delivery. They reached out to me because he was on my show. I called him to ask what was going on and he hung up. I called back and he never picked up again.
Speaker 2: That's his ms. That's when everything was in Chicago.
Speaker 4: It was kind of coming ahead, so Freshco was was people realized that there was no actual grocery delivery service. They were just getting charged for nothing. And then he had another scam going. He had started fake es like groceries.
Speaker 2: Right, just vibes.
Speaker 4: He started a cup he was going to make a cupcake mix, like he had a bakery, so he had a cupcake gallery.
Speaker 2: That was his business, and then he started this company.
Speaker 4: He was going to sell dry cupcake mix, like a box mix where you could call this is this is his plan, A one eight hundred number to order this cupcake mix because that's how we order cupcake mixer. Sure, well, it never actually existed, but he had people invest in it. He sent out like this whole investment proposal and people invested, and then he just left town and like the company never actually existed, like they bought shares, like he sold one percent shares for two thousand dollars for shares like this is like an actual investment, like like he has like the numbers laid out, like I'm going to have one point two million in revenue, and you're if you buy a one percent share for two thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: You'll be set for life. He's telling people they can retire off of this.
Speaker 1: It's not it's changed New York and it's Darius ringing the bell. Come event. Yeah, And this is like a high level scammer. You do something and then you act like, oh, I don't know what went wrong or I'm not really like good at that oops, and then you leave town or you leave whatever that venture is, and you just never That's how you pivot.
Speaker 4: It's just change your number, change your Twitter handle, delete your blog, and move on.
Speaker 2: That's what he used to do. But I guess he just forgot that people could still pull up the archives. Right.
Speaker 1: The internet is forever. So Darius denies he not only ever like so, he denies that he ever owned Fresh to Go or fresh Go, and he says he knows nothing about it. When Black Enterprise asked directly, do you know anything about this fresh Go being associated with you? He says nothing, Really, That's what I'm saying. That's why I would love to know from Sonny what I ever did to her? He said, I ain't never even had knew nothing about no fresh Go. I ain't never even fresh whatd and look very He don't cook with fresh vegetables, so he you know, you know, he loves a powdered.
Speaker 4: Veget lane from the beginning, like he kicked the wrong lane. So he tweet had a tweeter a whole mother fate company called local Hala. So he has a website, not a website, a Twitter page for that. And the only company that that page advertised was fresh Go.
Speaker 1: And we have a tweet from January twenty twelve of Darius Williams saying it's a in all caps, great day to shop fresh Go click today, grocery delivery tomorrow. Then he puts the website fresh Go now dot com. Now, look, if he had just denied owning fresh Go, maybe this tweet is fine and he's just advertising for something. But he said fresh Go. Who is that? I don't know her. He never heard of a girl. He's he never met her.
Speaker 4: West your tweets like, by now, wouldn't you have deleted your tweets because he brown like.
Speaker 1: His tweets are still there. He's trolling us. He's trolling us. Gotta be this is so slappy. So you know Darius his Twitter, he's promoting fresh Go. There's a one star review from Yelp that says do not support This guy owns fresh Go and he initiated hundreds of fraudulent charges on people's credit cards. He is a thief. He charged mine ninety eight dollars and thirty four cents twice. Damn they got the real like, not the thirty four cents, Okay, I had to get the bank to reverse it twice. No one can find him. He doesn't answer his phone or emails.
Speaker 4: He even set up a fake group on a deal for a fake company. Like that's how far the scan went. The whole the website is what kills me though.
Speaker 1: And so we have a screenshot of the Fresh to Go website right here, and we'll post all of this Dan. This is gonna be a long, swipey post for you guys on Instagram. But so the now deleted fresh Go website, we're looking at it right now with a single blog post a recipe, just one blog post for green beans with tomato walnut jam. The image is gone, but a link to now deleted posts on Darry's site Everyday Cooking dot Com. Around the same time, there's an image of green beans with tomato walnut jam that was posted to Darius's Facebook, and now we're looking at the green beans and the tomato walnut jam. He also knows how to like say words that are very titillating for people who like to cook or want to cook well, or want to learn, like jam, walnut jam.
Speaker 2: Aren't those becaus?
Speaker 1: Yes, they are pecaans, they're not walnuts. Since we'd walnuts, don't even lie? Right, how do you go a lot of my face like this? I have a Darius, No, not a nary a walnut.
Speaker 2: He definitely called the walnuts.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, this is and I don't even he never even know if it's his photo. This feels like something he actually made. I mean, this looks pretty bad. It's probably Yeah, there's levels to this though, It's like you lie about the food, and the food is also a cover for the scam, right. The scam is that he's not a chef and never probably wanted to be.
Speaker 4: This is just a scam so you can get scam so he can still be running people's credit cards.
Speaker 2: So he was also like he even created like a fake payroll company.
Speaker 4: Around this time, child, and then when you open it up, it goes to his address, like he like there's a YELP page for this fake payroll company that is on his resume, and then you go look it up it was his apartment brou Darius is the hardest working man in crime. Okay, he's doing his two thousand times so stolen recipes.
Speaker 1: Because Darius cooks can't actually cook cook. Many of Darius's recipes are more of an assembly of pre made, store bought ingredients rather than recipes for ingredients from scratch. This includes sauces for his jerk chicken and barbecue wings, as well as pizza do Most of his recipes just also don't work. We linked to one of your threads about Darius's keto book, and then there's an Instagram reel of endless sodium laden seasonings. Oh yeah, his his catfish seasoning. When I saw that, I wanted to pass out. He put so much salt. Well, somebody would actually pass out if they ate that.
Speaker 4: I said it to my dad. My dad had a heart attack a few years ago, and I remember just how hard it was the first couple of years to get to understand like what he could tolerate with sodium, and we had to be super careful about everything, and it's it's serious, Like if he would have one day where he ate out, you know, like you know, there's so much sodium when you eat out.
Speaker 1: Like so if we had a holiday or he was eating.
Speaker 4: Outside of the home and he overdid it, he would be in bed for a couple of days, Like it would trigger like his he had congestive her failure, and he would get fluid. He's dealt with gout, like and this is not uncommon in our community, you know, like there's so many of our of our families that are like have heart issues or high blood pressure. So for him to be using more than a week's worth of sodium like just so casually and act like it's not a big Like this was a big.
Speaker 1: Deal to me, And it's so deeply dangerous. You hit the nail on the head. Because his audience is us is black folks, We're already predisposed to having high blood pressure, most of us do, like you know, we already are predisposed to having way more stress just for simply being alive. Like, so it's a dangerous combination. And when I saw that video, I was like, this made must be joking. There's no way he's gonna eat This is.
Speaker 4: What so I and I calculated it, like it had to be an over a week's worth of sodium in that one bowl, and it was three portions of cathas.
Speaker 2: According to him, it was. It was just it's insane.
Speaker 1: So of what's left, many of his recipes are stolen. He copied and pasted Tasty French's omelet recipe. We have a picture of that, Mandy Lee Charizo and shrimp burger. This one you can google image the chariza and shrimp burger.
Speaker 4: That what bothered me because I'm such I was such a fan of that blogger back back in the day, Like that was her first recipe that I remember circulating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like it was such a cool photo.
Speaker 4: Like I just left the photo and it always caught my eye and people started to copy it, and he was one of them.
Speaker 1: So it was one of the first things that stood out to me, like you didn't come up with this.
Speaker 4: But what he does is like he'll take something if you go to her blog, she her whole process. I mean, it's it's like homemade bun, homemade Cherisa Patti. And he just does like the easiest thing that he could do to put a recipe on the page It's like it's like you're erasing and devaluing an actual recipe developers work, which is so disrespectful.
Speaker 1: And so we're gonna end Darius. The saga here with Darius Williams. Harassment of black women, why we're here. When conflict rose online again between Angela, Davis, You, and Williams, Williams launched his own campaign of harassment against Angela. He is Dave's trademark name Kitchenista as a promo code to sell his books, and I saw that tweet use the code Kitchenista. He also posted a ten minute long video detailing how he was making money with the conflict, from which he earned ad and sponsor revenue.
Speaker 4: So he says, so, he says allegedly, which those numbers don't line up either.
Speaker 1: I mean, has we that's the whole titled episode. Yeah, he's never gonna math. He also so. He also on his Twitter and Instagra and feeds are there's like aun ending snide remarks directed against you.
Speaker 2: Angela.
Speaker 1: This is one quote from you. He went on live and made fun of me, saying that I was broke. I'm not a millionaire like him. He said that my countertops are formica for Mica. Rather, they're not not that it matters. He said something about how the only thing I cook with is duck fat. It was just really petty, Darius, You ain't ever cooked with a fresh vegetable? Can we speak on that, right?
Speaker 4: Like I've never seen actual garlic, only drowns his food and like olive oil and soggy bacon, and has the nerve to talk about ducks fat, like, try some duck fat, maybe it'll be an improvement.
Speaker 1: He probably just mean he don't know where to get it.
Speaker 4: You never trying to get it because he stops my face And the funny thing is now like everything in hindsight, realizing that he's acting like he doesn't know who I am making fun of the way I cook.
Speaker 2: But he's been stuck my fees and copying my recipes for seven years.
Speaker 1: Right, he knows, just like he don't know about fresh go He said, no, no, you just can't get away with using it.
Speaker 4: He can't get away with using that fat because everybody would know who he took it from.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. And Darius justify as much as his behavior and denies that he's a bully because he is gay again again in quotes. He says, I think what's happening is is that people may not be familiar with my brand because of some of the hate mail I'm getting. You know, stop up using black women, keep your hands off black women. And I'm openly gay, but I don't come across as gay. And what a rollercoaster of a sentence, right, keep your hands off black women? He's it, But I'm gay though, Like, what do you mean how could I harm black women?
Speaker 2: I'm gay? Like, as he's actively harassing me and then denying that he's a.
Speaker 1: Bully and trigger warning. We're gonna look at some tweets that are you know, murder assault, Like if you wanted to skip ahead a couple of minutes, I'll put a note in the episode here. But so this is a tweet from Darius Williams. Just saw a woman jogging at this hour alone and they wonder how they come up missing and did one thing. The Bible always said you can't rape the willing. What he's discussing, that's it. I must tell the truth. Bill Cosby raped me too exclamation point And he really thinks he's a comedian. Wow, and he has no remorse, Like I was just I was watching an interview last night, and he's laughing about all of this and twisting it into like I can't believe that they would accuse me of rape. Well, first of all, nobody accused him of rape, but those tweets did come up. He was being accused of being a rape apologist. Maybe he doesn't know the difference as somebody as a survivor.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't think this is funny. Like, I just I can't believe that one he would leave those tweets up his career, and then when they get.
Speaker 4: To not address it and just come out and say even if it was ignorant, just to even just to say, this is not these this doesn't represent how I really feel, you know, apologized, and this is how I'm trying to do right going forward. None of that happened, right, He just he twisted it into into a story, a sideshow about I can't believe they would accuse me of rape, like and then laughing about it. But that's not what anybody said. So when he does that, then he's not actually addressing what we are talking about.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like Trump, It's like just deflect.
Speaker 4: And deny and fake news and then everybody else will forget what we were actually talking about.
Speaker 1: That's literally what I was gonna say, is he's deflecting, just like Trump in this way of like, oh that was a joke. Oh that's so weird, I'm laughing at it, Get over it, move on like And it's actually a tactic that works, Like abusers use that tactic all the time, like to diminish how you feel about something. The gaslight, you make you think that it never happened, or it wasn't real, or they were joking, you know. And he's very good at that, sadly, and people are believing it. When Southern Grit published an article about Darius by journalist Deborah Freeman, his fans went after her with aggression. The harassment rose to death threads, and Southern Grit's editor in chief had to submit a video statement announcing his support of her. Darius purposely never denounced the threads, stating that he never threatened anyone, so he was just trying to act like, Look, it's just like what Trump did with all the racist people who voted for him. He was like the only thing that ever made Trump met about his supporters was is that they were poor. He did not like the insurrection.
Speaker 2: He like.
Speaker 1: Y'all couldn't come through the Capitol in suits, bitch, y'all couldn't go to men's warehouse, and like the way you look, how you're gonna come up here wearing all this crazy warpaint of shit you get to get out?
Speaker 4: So yeah, like he's if you could take Trump and turn him into a black smooth blogger and Sean King.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's all of those things, because this did remind me so much of Seaun King during this episode of just going from griff to grift and acting like ooops, did not like Sean King.
Speaker 4: Is Seaun King's grifts with like Trump's lies and Tyler Perry's you know, all in one house operation. Like it's just like it's like the three of those people combined, and that's that's Darius Trump, Sean King, and Tyler Perry.
Speaker 1: It's pretty iconic. I think that he hears this, so he might be deeply flattered by that. And that's not what we mean. It's not a compliment.
Speaker 2: It's not a compliment at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just it's just crazy, like when you're like if you're looking at something on paper, and like nobody asked him direct questions.
Speaker 1: So he's getting away with this because he's.
Speaker 4: Not he's not really being interviewed by anybody that's gonna hold him accountable. Like he can go on live and just create his alternative version of reality and his little bubble.
Speaker 2: But everybody else is looking through receipts.
Speaker 1: Like there's just too many of them adding up.
Speaker 2: They're everywhere, and he's everywhere.
Speaker 1: There's care it's unhinged in a way that I look and it's like a train It's like a you know, like a car crash or a train wreck where I just can't look away from this man in his grips and he's still going, y'all, he and and nobody's jail hand and nobody's custody, and you know, but he's gonna keep going, uh forever, hopefully not forever. Hopefully, Angelia, you've done some great work really exposing this and stopping the heart and hopefully making people aware of something so that he can stop harming folks when they're aware that he is a criminal. So thank you for your time and your energy doing the right thing. And I know that that's been hard because people are also retaliating against you, and you're dealing with a lot, and you don't deserve that. You're a queen, you're an icon. I was so excited to talk to you. This has been so fantastic. But we're about to get to the status part the show, which is where I have to let Angela go and we'll be right back. Scam cod and we're back after some non scam advertisements, and this is just Scammer of the Week where we highlight honorary Charlotton. Or maybe they're just like a piece of shirit like Darius. Who knows. So today we're talking about Fisher Industries owner Tommy Fisher is out of thirty million dollars after building a three mile section of a border wall and ending up with no buyers. In twenty nineteen, We Build the Wall, a nonprofit co founded by Steve Bannon, gave Fisher eight point four million dollars to build two sections of a wall along the New Mexico and Texas borders, but the cost ballooned to thirty million dollars and they only gave him eight point four This she said, this would be really fun. It would be a project that would be remembered like the Hoover Dam. That's what he thought he was getting involved in. He was making a racism wall and thought it was the Hoover Dam, the Hoover Dam. That same year, the founders of this Build the Wall, We Build the Wall organization were indicted under suspicion of defrauding donors of twenty five million dollars in connection to the organization. So they were just stealing money based on racism. They were like, hey, why you Darius scam?
Speaker 2: Like that right, scam somebody else?
Speaker 1: This is ethical scamming. It was like they were like, hey, girls, you hate the Browns. We're gonna make a wall to keep them out.
Speaker 2: He's construction of scams.
Speaker 1: Just send us some coins and we're gonna keep the Browns away from you. We promise, Like do that scam. So I don't know if I'm mad at this at all. I think that I'm into this scam. Because Fisher built two small private walls no one asked for that weren't built well, he is having difficulty finding a buyer of the wall who wants to buy a wall that one don't work good. So now he's got to wait.
Speaker 2: He's got to be built the wall, and now he's gotta sell it.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's trying to sell a wall that don't work. Good lord, he says, this wall is vibes. Yeah, you can pass through it, just like Darius.
Speaker 2: You need to take that.
Speaker 1: Part through right. I honestly, I don't hate this. I'm actually happy that you were scammed. We need more scammers like this. But guys, we're at the end of the show, and we always ask it the show, Angela, where do you want to be found? Where do you want people to find you online?
Speaker 2: Wherever?
Speaker 1: You can find me?
Speaker 2: On Instagram and Twitter, the kitchen Esta.
Speaker 1: The Kitchenista, Yes, and follow her. And it's always guys. Put us to churn your friends of family scamgutyspot at gmail dot com if you want to follow me. D iv A l A c I Dva Lacy on all platforms. Episodes by Carly airing now on Paramount plus the full season of a Black Lady Schedule five am nominations. Can y'all believe fully streaming on HBO Max. Support me? Also, Okay, y'all like, write and like and subscribe to the podcast and give me five stars. That's how you can do something nice for black Women Today. Thank you and Congregation, Stay Scheming, Bam Goddess. This has been an Earwolf production and association with Team Coco Scam Got His Stars and It's hosted by me Lacey Mosley aka Scam Got It. It's produced by Juth, Card, vote engineered by Marina Payis and research by Kaylin Brandt Stay Scheming