Speaker 1: Good afternoon everyone. Welcome to the NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs live stream here on the Fantasy Pros Twitch channel. The Stanley Cup Finals have arrived, perhaps a little bit earlier then we expected. I am Tyler Kanyam wearing the Edmonton Oilers jersey today had to do it, joined as always by Betting Pros, NHL expert and Edmonton Oilers fan Kelly Kirby. I guess I don't have to ask you how you're doing today.
Speaker 2: I'm doing pretty splendid. I'm wearing last year's Western Conference champion shirt, which is just more I wore it last night too, which is just more indication of how stupid confident I want. Otherwise, like why am I wearing? Why would I jinx them? And yet I didn't care so and I didn't drink them.
Speaker 1: Well, it worked out and we're going to talk about jinxes today for sure, because there's a big thing that the Oilers and McDavid did last night that we will get to. As a reminder, we are live each and every Tuesday and Friday at three pm here on Twitch throughout the end of this Stanley Cup Finals. If you are watching this on YouTube, you're following and subscribed to Twitch dot tv Slash Fantasy Pros so you can come hang out with us live on those days. So feel free to drop drop a comment, question, anything you want to talk about. As we get into the Stanley Cup Finals. So lots to get into here, lots of storylines, lots of different things we can talk about, lots of bets. You cast your Game five bet there for the Carolina and Florida series, so we made some money there. I got the Panthers to win Game five on their own, so that was nice there. So obviously we've got the Florida Panthers and the Evonton Oilers Part two. They rematch again in the Stanley Cup Finals last year with the Florida Panthers winning this They've never made it for the third consecutive year, so I guess in hockey terms, we consider this to be a dynasty.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know, like I guess, I hadn't really thought of it, but maybe. I mean, they keep arriving out of the East no matter who else is doing anything. But you know, again with the rearranged playoffs this year was also like did they you know? Was the setup in the best way possible? For them, which I kind of start to believe that it was a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I've kind of been having this conversation with my friends of you know, he can't, I guess considered a dynasty because they've only got one championship so far. It's just three appearances. You look at the Golden State Warriors and New England Patriots to Kansas City Chiefs. But I just feel like in hockey it's not the eighties anymore. It's so much harder to get to multiple finals, just as we've seen with upsets and all that. So I think they're pretty close. And then I saw a thing the two thousan You looked at the twenty fourteen NHL draft, by the way or how that worked out, and I was looking at it today. Number one pick was Aaron Ecklad by the Florida Panthers, still there. Number two was I know, dry Settle went through to Edmonton. Number two was Reinhart to Buffalo, who then got traded for a second round twenty twenty two pick. Eight years later, Bennett was number four. He also got traded, so the Panthers have three of the top four picks, where he went to Calgary so it's interesting to see how they've built sort of the old fashion wakes. I think a lot of times they're saying, you know, the big thing is the Panthers get the tax breaks while the players want to go there. But when you look at it, they've actually kind of built it through the draft. So you did mention the playoff format. How do you feel I know we've talked about this before the one versus eight. We had some great first round series, great second round series, then we get to the conference finals. Both of them wrap up in five games. Did you find them taking yourself out of the Oilers fan part of it? Were they anti climactic series? Were they still exciting? How did you feel about that?
Speaker 2: I feel like they were pretty anti climactic. I mean, I think that even the discussions that you and I had, even with the I don't know, can Carolina do this type of thing, we also talked about how it kind of felt inevitable, like the rematch really kind of seemed like it was set up specifically for this. What you know, I mean, you liked Carolina, you liked the stars that it was. I feel like it was okay, maybe on paper it wouldn't it shouldn't have gone this way that the way that it went, And I'm not sure who else you would put in the conference finals to have made it better, like for any of these teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, and I think the Dallas Evonton series was certainly entertaining. I think more entertaining than Florida Carolina, which was pretty one sided. I think there, you know, there were a couple of games Dallas could have maybe won and got this to a game six or maybe a game seven. The end of the day, I think these were just the two best teams. But I think of you know, Dallas Colorado being a great series, you think of Winnipeg being a great series. Florida and Toronto they go to a game seven, So it's it's you know, would you prefer the Leafs and the Panthers to be in the conference finals. I don't know, but I know it's going to be a big topic of conversation, as it always is, because you know, when the most eyes are on you in the conference finals for one for one, see you later, time to go home, so be interesting to see. I don't think anything is going to change in that sense. I think the NHL just likes that system way too much, and you've got your Stanley cut bet there on the oilers, So what are you planning to Are you planning to play off of that and taking Florida here? Are you just gonna ride it with Edmonton?
Speaker 2: I took Florida when they were plus one twenty five, just that conversation that we had, and I'm like, I don't think that I did. However, last night I looked at it. I was like, so, let's see how this set up. And I was sitting there and I was like, oh, such cowards with the minus one ten minus one ten thing. I'm like, come on, But yeah, no, I took them at plus one twenty five just to offset. So I will come out ahead either way.
Speaker 1: But and I think we kind of predicted yet. I wouldn't be surprised if we get to the end and they just say minus one ten minus one ten, especially because we've got so much time before Game one. Let's see where that's It's already kind of gone a little bit towards Edmonton. I think they're like minus one twelve or minus one thirteen now, so it will be interesting to see how that shakes out.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I do want to talk about Stanley Cup odds, but before we do, I do want to talk to you about an offer at FanDuel. So if you want to boost your bets, new FanDuel customers can bet five dollars and win two hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets. If that first bet hits, all you need to do is head to bettingpros dot com slash FanDuel to get started. That's bettingpros dot com slash FanDuel. Make your plays on FanDuel today. Bet five dollars, cash that bet, and then you've got two hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets. So as a statsky, as a stats nerd, I always like going back in time and looking at things and looking how things have changed as we've progressed. So before the playoffs started, the Florida Panthers were plus three point fifty to win the Eastern Conference, which they did, so if you bet that they cashed. The West was interesting, and we talked about this a lot. The Stars and the Avalanche were both the favorites to come out of the West. Oilers were third at plus four fifty, and it's one of those things I'm looking. You look at it now at the benefit of hindsight, and you go, why the heck did I not take Edmonton Oilers at plus four fifty. They looked mortal at the start of round one, and there we are. And then you look at the Stanley Cup odds beforehand. You know you got a plus eleven hundred I think, or a plus one thousand. The Oilers were around plus nine hundred, the Panthers were plus eight hundred, which were the second best odds before the Stanley Cup started. And now it's obviously shrunk all the way down to essentially even money. And then another thing that's interesting. When we wrapped up last week's show, we said, Connor McDavid for the con smythe is plus one sixty five. You're never going to find better odds in a first of all, did you bet him at plus one sixty five?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, me too, when I was like, yeah, I mean, if they make it, I just don't know who else takes it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and he opened. He was the second favorite behind Nathan McKinnon. He was plus fifteen hundred to win the con Smyth before the playoffs started, and I'm kicking myself all the way through because he was plus fifteen hundred before round two, he was plus eight hundred, before round three, he was plus three fifty. He's now down to plus one twenty. So if you got the plus one sixty five last week, good for you. Do you think there's still value there at taking him at plus one twenty, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think there's definitely value. I don't know. I don't know personally if someone from the losing team wins the consum ice ever, but I also think that if this is even close, or if it's a high scoring and the Panthers somehow win, I mean, if Bobrovski gives up more goal, of like, who else are you going to give it to? But yeah, you know, yeah, I just don't have any issue. If it's plus money. There's so many bets I will make if when you give it to me, I'm McDavid. So this one seems like, I mean, if they win, there's no question.
Speaker 1: And let's just say hypothetically, I don't want to put it into the universe for you, but let's just say the Panthers win this Daily Cup. Bobrovski's the current favorite at plus two fifty got bark Off at plus five fifteen and to Chuck all the way down at plus eighteen hundred. Do you think Bobrovski is to play there if the Panthers were to win this.
Speaker 2: Sort of I was looking today about like which players had really good series last year, and Kochuck was was solid, and so for his number to be that low, I that's tempting to me. But I mean, I think that they have that scored correctly because basically what they're saying is Edmonton is going to try to outscore him. It's on Barofsky to stop that. And so I think that it's okay that he's there. I'm not going to bet it, but I think that Kokchuck could also have just a blow up series and steal it.
Speaker 1: So I agree. And when I saw that too, to me, it's one of those things where like I think McDavid at plus one twenty is great because I think that that's probably the most likely situation. But yeah, when I looked at Florida, I'm like, this is an opportunity that let's just go hunting for some value here. You've already got plus money on McDavid. That to me, to Chuck knowing how he plays in the finals in the playoffs in general, he's the type of guy that plus eighteen hundred. Like, I just think, if you give to Chuck eighteen times to be the best player in the series, is he going to do it more than once? And so in that sense, I feel like there is some value there. So I think for myself McDavid, I've already got the plus one sixty five, but I still like it at plus one twenty and I do not hate Kachuk at plus eighteen hundred at all. So as we get into this series, as we mentioned, it's opened up basically the same on either side, minus one ten on the Oilers, minus one ten on the Panthers. When you look at this series spread, there's some money to be made there if you so choose, If you think that this series is going to be a quick one, You've got the Oilers minus one and a half, they're plus one eighty and the Panthers at minus one and a half are plus one seventy. So we talked about it a little bit, but do you think that this is how you expected the lines to open for the series? Markets and what do you think about the series spreads. Do you think one of these teams can get it done in five games or less.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually we'll talk about that a little bit. But I do think that this could actually get lopsided in a hurry. So it is interesting to me that the Panthers spread is actually that it has better odds and the oiler spread either way, Like I don't know, Like in my head, I when I again, when we get to our other bets, I'm going to make a case. But you know, I think the smart money is to avoid the spread at this point because it went seven last year, even after being down three to zero. It's hard. It's hard to really see if one of these teams can kind of just dominate it. But I'm still not a big fan of the spread.
Speaker 1: That's how I felt as well, and I mean stupidly. I guess my favorite bet from round three was for both series to go six or more games, and neither of them went to six games. And I have the same feeling here of just this is what's going to be interesting, because what I loved about the Eastern and the Western Conference finals was that Florida and Carolina were so similar that was going to be an under series there wasn't going to be a ton of scoring. Dallas and Edmonton were pretty similar. That was going to be a highest scoring series. So now you take the highest scoring, the best defensively, you put it together and now it's like, okay, well it was an automatic over for Edmonton Dallas, it was an automatic under for Carolina Florida. Once we start getting into the games, which we're not going to talk too much about today, but once we start getting into the games, how are you looking at this? Like, I know, game one you can get six's already, Like, do you think that the offense can overpower here and we're looking more towards overs or are we looking more towards unders?
Speaker 2: I feel like that entirely depends on which Skinner shows up, right. I think that because I think that others are going to put three or more goals up pretty easily, Like not I mean not easily, but I mean I think that they'll get to three. The questions is Skinner going to give up four? So it's that's that's how you have to look at it. The return of Eckholm is huge, I think, and now that he's got like six days of rest, like that's just a monster opportunity there, so so that with his return, I'm a little bit leaning towards the under sometimes. But when we get back together on Tuesday, I'll probably give you an entire speech on why we should the over. So it's you know, right now, I'm just like, yeah, I want to see how the first game goes. But the fact that it's in Edmonton, I'm like, I'm like, I don't know, I would still if the over stays plus money, I'm like, I'll just I'll take it.
Speaker 1: So that was my thought I did. I had it on the Best bet graphic. Briefly, I took it off, but I have bet game one over. It's minus I've got the six, so you can get a six and a half if you want the plus money. I just took the six because I always I'm obsessed with push potential in hockey, and it was minus one ten or minus one fifteen, I think, So I did take that initial over, and as you mentioned, the deciding factor for me was that this game is in Edmonton. They are I don't know what the streak is now, is they had won ten of twelve. It might be like either twelve of fourteen or something like that. Now like they've just been rolling and their offense has been rolling that now they roll right into Edmonton and they just feel like a different team. And the one thing, there's two things that you mentioned that I want to talk about, one being the goalie, but got to start with it. They touched the trophy. So as tradition, if you I mean, I'm sure if you're watching this, you're probably a hockey fan. But if you're not, when the Eastern Conference Finals and the Western Conference Finals champions are named, they get a trophy. There is the Clarence Campbell Trophy and there's the Prince of Wales Trophy. For the Western Conference, it's the Clarence Campbell Last year and if there's a stigma, you don't touch the trophy. You certainly don't touch the Stanley Cup until you win it, but you don't touch the you can or you can't. Yeah, last year the Edmond Snoilers refused to touch the Clarence Campbell Trophy. They lost. This year, they touched it. Connor McDavid, there's this funny picture floating around and him like very unsure or should he should he not? Afterwards he said, well, you know what, last year we didn't and it didn't work out. Florida Panthers, by the way, didn't touch it last year. One didn't touch it this year. What do you make of this? Do you think it was a smart thing? I actually I like this move because I think again last it just to me it shows last year they were a little bit timid. They were a little bit scared. It was new to them. The Panthers had been there already when they lost to Vegas, so they were They had a little bit of hesitancy. And to me, this shows, you know what, We're just going to go win this now. Like I know, I keep bringing up the four Nations, but it's such a huge deal for those players to have won that tournament. McDavid scores the winning goal in that. To me, it just shows this mentality of like, I'm not letting us lose it. We're gonna go win this now. How do you feel about it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That was the first of all. I left so hard. When he was standing there and he looked back and it was kind of that it was that look of are we sure we're doing this? Like obviously they talked about it before, you know, I went I told you last time, I went to the Hockey Hall of Fame last summer and they were not in the Stanley Cup yet, but they were in the finals and the Stanley Cup was there, and so we stood on the platform, my parents and my wife and I and she was my wife's like, can I touch it?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And the photographer was like, he's like, well, most people don't do that, like because the team would lose. But I was like, my wife is so impulsive that I think she touched it and didn't want to tell me after and then Edmonton went on to lose.
Speaker 1: Now we know who's exactly.
Speaker 2: So I've blamed her for a year. Yeah, I mean again, this comes back to I I've never I don't know it's been I watched a lot of sports and this team is literally acting exactly how you said, Like there is there is a strong effort going on like like we don't care, tradition doesn't matter. And yeah, but there that moment where he was just like are we sure?
Speaker 1: Was totally it's gonna be. Just it blazed in my memory of him, look like he looked like a little kid all of a sudden, and I done it. Like Conor McDavid is a superstitious player. He's worn the same socks if you've ever seen that, the same sock since Junior that has have hold in them. Like he is someone who is very specific with how he goes about his business. So I love to see that to say, yeah, screw it, we're just gonna go win. And if we don't, it's not because of a superstition. It's not because we touched a trophy. It's because the Florida Panthers are going to have to beat us. So that to me, and we've talked about it before. They just when you watch sports, you just sometimes go You see it all the time with the Kansaity Chiefs because they just have Patrick Mahomes and they just don't lose. You go, yeah, this team's just gonna win, like you seting it right now. I think with the Okac Thunder in the NBA, they're gonna win, right And I think that that's the vibe that I get from the Edmonton Oilers. So I'm happy that he touched it. Like I said, the Panthers didn't, So we'll see how all that plays out. Getting into the nitty gritty of the series a little bit, obviously, this is a rematch of last year, and the big storyline was that the Florida Panthers win the Stanley Cup in Game seven, a two to one victory. They jumped out to a three nothing lead before you know, there's the I think it was Game seven, but there's the famous clip also of Conor McDavid screaming at everybody in the locker room to get it together and to take it seriously. Oiler's store and back. They win Game four, five, and six by a combined score of eighteen to five. And then the other big storyline going into this I guess, is that it's been more than thirty years since a Canadian team has won the Stanley Cup. That was Montreal Canadians in nineteen ninety three. What do you make of I'm interested to get your perspective as an American me a Canadian, what do you make of this whole? Like Canada hasn't won a Stanley Cup. I don't make much take much stock into it because I look at all the teams that win and go Yet well, half your team's Canadian anyway, So does this really matter? But at the same time, for my fellow Canadians, it would be nice to say Hey, you know what, I'm happy that the fan base has the Cup more so than the Cup just being on a Canadian team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of interesting because I sometimes lament that I was not born in Canada. I mean, I'm so close, and I just think that one of the things about it is the egotism of Americans, Like that is a thing that people have held up forever. So if you're not a fan of a Canadian team, or if you're not a fan of an American team, and you're just listening to this, like you're listening to the stat over and over and over again. So I'm like, obviously, it's Edmonton, it's my team. I want them to win. But I'd also just like to shut that up, like because the same thing, right, like, Okay, let's go through the rosters, take off all the Canadians, and then let's see how you do type of deal. But yeah, yeah, and then in this one, I'm really hoping like if they do a map of like who's cheering for who, I would assume that only one specific part of Florida is going to cheer for Florida. They won last year. I don't think they're that likable. They don't have like, you know, there's not a lot of charisma going on. And then you look at Edmonton and it's like pick someone, yeah, and and the whole thirty year in which you know will get brought up constantly. So so yeah, it's a it's a thing.
Speaker 1: Edmonton is definitely the more fun team to watch, the sexier team to watch. They've got the goal, They've got David Ryesida leading the way with those goals. They just play a really fun style of hockey. They're playing old school style of hockey in that sense. But I'm hoping from that narrative too, because I've had to hear it over and over all. The American wins the cob the America's one. Like it's like, again, it's not like you got It's not like it's the nineteen forties where the Maple Leafs are all players from Toronto and the Boston Ruins are all players from Boston. It's completely global, So yes, I get it, it's technically in America. But also you know, when the Toronto Raptors won the twenty nineteen NBA Championship that wasn't really kind of but it's still America's game, So that's my own personal little event there. But yeah, it would be nice to see and it would be nice to end that drought just because we've got six teams, so it'd be nice to change that up. As I mentioned, when you start looking at the matchups, obviously the star powers on Edmonton, you've got McDavid, you've got dry Sidle leading the way with twenty six and twenty five points. But Sam Bennett does lead the way in the NHL Playoffs with ten goals, which is three ahead of dry Sidle. Do you look at it like Florida is a deeper team in the sense of, yeah, they don't have that top end talent, but they're back in talent might be a little bit better, and then Edmonton is very top heavy and not so much or do you think it's evenly matched all the way through there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean I last year, I would say, if we've been doing this show, I would have talked about nothing but how top heavy Edmonton was, because it just seemed like if if McDavid and dry Sidle were on the ice, there was nothing happening. I've never seen two athletes look more tired than they did in Game seven. I mean, I was just like, I don't even know how they're standing up at this point. I think that they're deeper this year. We've talked about him a lot, the return of Evander Kaine. Everybody loves to hate him. That's fine, I would if he wasn't on my team, but he has been kind of holding down that second third area and really facilitating some some things. We're gonna miss hymen uh, mostly because of the hits he was getting this in in the series. But I but again, Skinner is not exactly a nice guy. So anyway, you just had to have the And it's it's third playoff game next, But Florida has a deep They have a very brusher I think that, yeah, they can score from all over. That third line with Marshawn has been killing it, but I don't think it's at all as top heavy as it used to be either.
Speaker 1: And I think Corey Perry is sort of offset. And he's another player I can't stand him because he doesn't play for Toronto. If he did, you'd love him. He seems to kind of have offset the Brad Marshawn addition to Florida, which I think was a great addition on their side. But he reminds me of the same type of player at Grinder. He's going to get in front of the net, can kill penalties, and he's going to get those dirty goals. I think he's I mean, he's certainly not going to slide into Zach Hyman's role and the pure goal scoring and all that. But I think in a seven game series they should be able to sort of, you know, cover that up a little bit better than you know, if it was through the course of eighty games. I do want to talk about the goaltending in a second, but first I just wanted to tell you about the NHL prop bet cheat sheet. You do want to be using this through the Stanley Cup Finals, especially in a series with so many stars. So if you're betting all on the NHL Stanley Cup Finals, you want to be using the NHL prop bet cheat sheet, which shows you the very best value plays each and every game. Get daily prop bet value rankings based on projections, find the best props for shots on goal, for points, saves, and more. Use it now at bettingpros dot com, slash NHL props or on the Betting Pros app So make sure when those props start going live. You are all over that because you've got McDavid, you've got dry Sidle, all kinds of things looking at the goaltending. The main question I have for you obviously, which Stuart Skinner is going to show up. That's been the talk of every Oilers game that we've had on every single stream. Pickard got hurt, but he is back on the bench backing up Stuart Skinner. Is this Skinner series win or lose? Or could we see a change if he comes out in game one in game two and gives up six goals.
Speaker 2: Right this very second, I wish this was not a strictly betting podcast because I could talk. I think we should talk forever about how quickly they about how quickly they pulled up in last night, and I thought it was the dumbest thing I've ever seen. But anyway, yeah, I mean it's I don't think it's skinners. I think it's Skinners to win or lose. But I also they're not afraid to make a change, like if if there's if they're if bad Skinner shows up in game one, I think that Picard might get a game two. But the next question I guess I have is like he hasn't really been Bad Skinner as much at all for a while. So it's like, I like you tweeted last night after the three goals, You're like, it doesn't even matter if Bad Skinner shows up. So yeah, I mean, so it's kind of I guess I need to give him a little bit more of a break. He's it. Yeah, I think they'll ride. They'll ride with him, unless it turns into a blow out the first game, in which case they might give him a break.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's it's one of those things that not that it's a first impression, but it's kind of a first impression where he had those just brutal games against LA. He comes out and really since then he's been good. Like when you look at the goaltending matchup, obviously Bbrovski's been better, sitting in second in goals against IT two point one one, But Skinner's been moving up the ranks. He's at fifth, He's at two point five to three, which in the playoffs is pretty good anytime you can be around two and a half. Bobrovski's got the nine to one to four safe percentage, which is good for third. Perhaps that's the only fault. It's at nine oh four, which is eight. But you know a lot of that's going to be affected by those early games where he was giving up five goals and like ten shots, which is really going to destroy your percentage there. So do you think that that is good? How much of goaltending you think is going to be a factor in this series? Less more than the offense?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think the way Florida plays right and with Bobrowski there doing what he's doing, then yeah, the goalten the goaltend is going to make a really huge difference. You don't want to have that, Like, like I said, I just keep seeing like one giant slip up from either one of them. But the Oilers got the Bibrovski last year. I mean Games four, five, and six were absurd. So it's it's I don't think it's as big. I don't think it's as big of a deal as it would be if this was like Winnipeg versus Florida, where then it would be like, oh the goal ton In is all of it. It's just uh yeah, So I'm going to go with it's not as big as the offense. And then all of these games are going to end two to one.
Speaker 1: I think it's a situation, yeah, exactly where I think Game one is going to be very interesting for this depending on what the score is. Who wins, Like if Skinner has the bad game and he gives up six because Florida is not really going to be expected to, like if they're going to win this series, Florida's got to win two to one, three to one, like there he can't win six'. FIVE i don't think that's just not their style of. Game it's not how they like to. Play so If skinner comes out and does give, up say six, goals And bbrovski has a six as a has a good, game like let's Say florida wins five to one in game, one it would be interesting just to see what the confidence level might. Be but as of, now, YEAH i think that he's going to benefit now from the fact that he's not playing The Dallas. Stars he's not playing you, know some of these more high powered offenses that you might. See so it's going to be. Interesting AND i think THAT i agree with you with The audinger. Pull you can't especially in that instance Where audinger played every single game the whole way through you get into this game now with your back against so, on and it's, like, okay well you're. Done and it's, LIKE i don't know how you can just sort of veer away from that trust so, quickly and to react that, QUICKLY i do think was a bad. Move so if you had to pin one thing is the all things are? Equal there's ONE x factor in this. Series is it McDavid being the best player in the. World is it the, goaltending is it the special? Teams what do you think could be the difference maker of this?
Speaker 2: SERIES i, mean my initial instinct is McDavid, right, like you have the best player on the, planet and he again seems so beyond locked in that it's LIKE i feel like he just he has another gear and then and if that gear isn't, enough he'll just get another one and he'll just keep. Going SO i think he's the correct answer for. Me it's also Like Newton hopkins has been playing out of his mind AND i And BENNETT i actually on the floor to side like how much do they keep doing? It because you Know barkhov And kachuck And reinhart like that those are their top Three and If bennett And Jet hopkins can keep doing what they're, doing then that will be a little bit more of AN x. Factor SO i would say McDavid than that, line and then the return Of eckholm is the other.
Speaker 1: Thing, YEAH i have to, agree and THAT i wanted to try to come up with a deeper, answer but coddor McDavid is truly the best player on the planet AND i don't think it's particularly close right. Now and then when you see the confidence level that he's playing, at it just reminds you of all these great players who have put the team on their back and, said IF i have to play thirty five, MINUTES i, Will IF i have to play all the special, TEAMS i. Will IF i did have to look outside, THAT i do think it would be the. GOALTENDING i think that's the only, real the only real weak Spot edmonton, has which hasn't been that, week BUT i think if there is, one it's. There perhaps in the. COACHING i Think Paul maurice is a great. Coach he's gotten his team to The Stanley cup finals three straight. Times so maybe just when it comes to the x's and, o's when they get back To, florida can he come up with a game plan when he has the second. Change BUT i do think these teams are very really evenly, matched just in different. Ways BUT i, AGREE i think this series could also be over pretty quickly. TOO i think it just kind of. Depends game, ONE i think is really going to set the, tone especially with it being In. Edmonton so as we get into, it, now let's start talking about our best series, bets because both of us have some pretty juicy. Ones SO i will let you get things.
Speaker 2: Started, Okay so keep in mind we won last night to go to The Stanley. Cup i'm a Massive oilers, fan so WHEN i was looking at the, bets they are so confident like and, AGAIN i really haven't ever cheered for a team that was this confident at. All SO i am putting sprinkling something on the series to be a sweep at plus six, Hundred could it go the other way In florida, Sweep i'm. SURE i mean it's, yea BUT i THINK i think that it would. BE i feel like it's more possible THAN i would have considered a month. Ago the other, thing, though is THAT i would also kind of sprinkle on five games that's at plus two. Seventy the same rule applies where maybe If edmonton gets out to The sea lead and then they punt a, game like you, Know game three In florida doesn't go their way and then they finish it up at. Home So i'm fine on four and five, Games i'm sure the better bet is to go for. Ten it's gonna go, seven OR i think it's gonna go seven because they are evenly. Matched BUT i woke up this running And i'm, like, nah we're gonna go.
Speaker 1: Sweep AND i think BECAUSE i, THINK i think seven games is plus two, hundred and to, me it's, LIKE i think the plus six hundred is probably, like is it likely to be a? Sweep probably, not BUT i think that's probably more likely than a game seven at those, odds like at six to, ONE i think it's definitely worth putting the money on. That SO i, think, again who? Knows? Right LIKE i thought the same thing about the conference finals that, oh you, know these teams match up really, well and we could see a seven game series Between carolina And, florida and it couldn't have been more. Wrong they just rolled right over a team that it had rolled right over everybody going into, it SO i do. THINK i think that BET's really good. Too mine's pretty. Simple i'm just gonna take The Edmonton oilers to win The Stanley cup at minus won ten for the same reason you've. SAID i Just i've pretty much put a lot of my eggs in the basket of being The Edmonton oilers, now so if The panthers, Win i'm, SORRY i JUST i look at that. Confidence and you can Say florida's got the same confidence because they're defending champions as, well AND i can say that is, True BUT i Just edmonton's got the better. Player SO i took The Edmonton oilers to win the series minus won. Ten and then another one THAT i really like is The oilers to Win game one and to win the. Series that's plus one sixty. Five SO i think game one being In edmonton just the momentum they have right. NOW i Know florida is hot as, well but the Way edmonton's been playing at, home with how absolutely unbelievably loud that building, gets and how much of an advantage it is to play In, edmonton give me The oilers to Win game one and the series at plus one sixty five and then to kind of hedge off that the one THAT i like as well is For Sam bennett to lead this series in. Goals it's plus eighteen, hundred so he is. Eight that number is, correct, Right let me just double check and make sure that that is. RIGHT i know it was a big plus. Money just double checking that bear with. Me plus makes for good, too, sorry plus eleven hundred For Sam bennett to have the most, goals and AS i mentioned, earlier he is leading THE nhl playoffs in goals with ten so. Far and SO i just look at it like IF i don't want to put all my eggs in The edmonton, basket so If i'm going to use The florida, BASKET i Like Sam bennett to lead the way there with. GOALS i know To chuck's. GOOD i Know Ryan hart's, good but he's just Been he's been the steadying force on offense there at plus eleven. Hundred SO i know you've got some some juicy ones as.
Speaker 2: WELL i first of, ALL i do love the win game one in the. SERIES i think that combo is is pretty. Great so when you headed in, THERE i was a little sad BECAUSE i try not to double, up SO i was looking on DraftKings at the most, points and McDavid is plus one thirty to have the most, points so as the rule, GOES i should just make a shirt that's, like that's, like if McDavid is plus, money go for, It, LIKE i, mean there's a there's always a chance on, paper this is what this is what he thinks. Like he can always turn that. On SO i would definitely look into. That and then it is only plus one, thirty just to, Note but then If i'm going to hedge, RIGHT i was looking at, AGAIN i was looking at The panthers players versus The oilers in the, playoffs and Kachuk is he's done really well against them throughout his, career like when he was In calgary and. Whatnot so the idea that he would have the most points like On florida's, side seems reasonable to. Me and at plus one. Thousand, again if when you're looking at future stuff like, this you just sprinkle on where you sprinkle on where you want to, go and then sometimes it just works.
Speaker 1: Out so, YEAH i like that one as. Well AND i did a quarter unit on The bennett one for the plus eleven, hundred AND i just look at it like you, know the whole way through the, playoffs whether it Was ajo or whoever else to lead a lot of times because the you, know the coaching and the defense are going to be so keyed in on these players that sometimes who you think is going to lead the way and, scoring LIKE i don't know how many Points NuGen hopkins had in the conference finals a, bunch And Evan bouchard has been great as. Well that when you start getting into these ten to, one eleven to one, ODDS i think it's definitely worth just throwing a little bit, there a quarter unit or, something just because you never, know and you could also not THAT i ever want this to, happen but if you get an injury to a key player all of a, sudden you, know it might change things there as, Well so be interesting to see what happens. There SO i like To chuck to get the most points as, well because he's JUST i hate him because of the way he plays the, guys the guy you want on your, team but you hate to play against. Him SO i like that as.
Speaker 2: Well SO i think the Closest i've ever come to dine because of the sporting, event And i'm A cubs fan, SO i mean there have been, times but uh was last. Year if if it had if it had mattered when he chased down that, puck When Ku chuck chased down that puck and slid and at the last second flipped it, Out if that had mattered at, ALL i may have died BECAUSE i was just, LIKE i put. IT i even put it On. Twitter i'm, LIKE i loathe him as a, player And i'm, like and that was probably one of the most impressive hockey like Things i've ever. SEEN i, mean he chased there was no way he could get to. That so you, Know i'm just hoping that it continues to be worthless all of his. Efforts that's What i'm hoping for this.
Speaker 1: Year and it is frustrating you hate him so much because unfortunately is. Good so that is the problem. There so before we get out of, HERE i just have to ask, you as An oilers, fan obviously you're, confident what's your excitement level heading into The Stanley Cup? Finals are you? Ready are you?
Speaker 2: PREPARED i Think i'm Think i'm more. Ready i'm definitely more ready THAN i was last. Year like last, YEAR i felt like it was kind of a, surprise almost that we were there and like we didn't really act like we've been there, before and you know that whole. THING i also had had a surgery WHERE i was not allowed to lift my arms AND i tend to have a really strong like lift my arms up when they, score like you, know and so that was. Difficult so, Yes i'm looking forward to having full use of my limbs and being able to really just kind of sit and enjoy it versus like last, year going what are we doing? Here so, Yeah SO i Mean i'm a ten, on a ten on excitement with all Question.
Speaker 1: Well try not to pull any shoulders at a joint by cheering too. Hard my excitement level is really high, too AND i think last Year i've tended to sort of after the leaves get eliminated, early my, interest you, know it's still, there but it's not quite as. High but this, year especially being able to do this, stream which has been an absolute blast going all the way through and really you, know watching and focusing on every single game sort of it's gonna be a fun way to end this. Story AND i think this is going to Be they've Beenton earliers have supposed to have been good for so long with all the draft picks From Taylor hall Through Nugent hopkins through the one NAME i forget who was the bust The russian. PLAYER i think they deserve it and it's going to be fun AND i, HOPE i hope that they. Do so thank you for joining us today here on The. Friday as a, reminder if you're watching this on, YouTube be sure to subscribe over on twitch dot Tv Slash Fantasy, pros where where we will be live Every tuesday And friday at three o'clock Pm eastern all the way through These Dailey Cup. Finals when we see you next time On, tuesday we'll be able to break Down game one with all of our best picks and. Props thank you for joining us today and have a great. Weekend thanks for.
Speaker 3: Listening to The Betting pros. Podcast if you love the, show the best freeway to see us is by leaving a positive review On Apple podcasts Or. Spotify follow us on x and TikTok At Betting pros And instagram At Betting PROS. Nfl also subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot Com Slash Betting pros