Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of chick Trends. Jockey like chicken Jockey, the thing that all the kids are talking about and that I totally understand. Yep, my name is Jack.
Speaker 2: That over there is mild. Yeah, you guys should check Jack's instagram for when he posted a chicken Jockey video he was eating a Popeye's drumstick through the little dick hole window of a pair of jockey underwear. Anyway, chicken jockey and then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Miles was wearing the underwear. Was he's a viral TDZ contact gonna rye. It's like, how did you get that? Hey, man, I don't just it's a bit.
Speaker 2: It's a bit. I just saw a headline about how a guy was sniffing like dirty socks and he got a lung infection.
Speaker 1: What Yeah, it's very was it from the Daily Mail? Look, man, I stay up on the latest, uh snock socks. This is actually and vite health news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, man hospital hospitalized after sniffing his own dirty socks and growing fungus in his lungs.
Speaker 1: We damn I do smell my dirty socks, you know, like once they're off, just to be like these are dirty, right, Like, even though I know they are, I'm like, but how dirty hot? You know?
Speaker 2: And the only way I know is if I duct tape it around my nose and mouth and on there for fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: Off in that ship like Dennis Hopper in blue velvet.
Speaker 2: Oh man, it's good he's been back.
Speaker 1: What I'm so Last time I was out of the country for a couple of weeks, Biden shit the debate stage and Trump got shot in the tippy top of his ear.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: Time before that, Will Smith slapped Chris Rock at the oscars.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: This time, I feel like chicken Jockey was main the main thing that I missed. Came back to. Everybody's talking chicken jockey.
Speaker 2: Everyone's hey man, everyone's talking chicken and job.
Speaker 1: Everybody is telling about.
Speaker 2: We mean, constitutional crisis. Let's say, show the world the global economy on the brink. Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we can just get deported where. Oh I guess that's the constitutional crisis. Yeah, economy teetering.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's multiple. I mean there's another constitutional crisis where you know. Trump banished the Associated Press for not acknowledging Gulf of America, and a court was like, yeah, you can't do that, like reinstate them. They still haven't done it. Then you have the Obrago Garcia case with the man from Maryland who is deported to El Salvador, and then you know the Supreme Court being like, yeah, he should have never left. What are you doing now? Chris van Holland, the senator from Maryland, has wrote written a letter to President Buquelaan is like, I'm pulling up and want to see what's going on. So we'll see how further this crisis deepens. But that was a nice moment to see a senator now being like, nope.
Speaker 1: Trump, isn't the Trump administration actively ignoring a nine to oh Supreme Court?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. So they're like they're spinning it to his face. It's like, yeah, they agree with you now, I know. It's like it's dude, it's we're fucking Jack. Go back.
Speaker 1: Stanory tuchinal crisis.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know what that is, but I like it.
Speaker 1: Like Stanley Tucci. But if was Italian food, Yeah yeah, yeah, oh for sure.
Speaker 2: If you leave again, sure, man, we got to see what happens. Jack, just maybe take it. Let's take a quick trip, man, Let's just keep Let's see if this Yeah, yeah, let's hit a hard reset. All right.
Speaker 1: Uh so that's what I missed. Quick run through what's happening now. We got the Trump administration demanding that Harvard and m I T start getting in line with uh.
Speaker 2: Mega, Yeah, you might want to try and fit yourself for some new knee pads, man to get on your knees and beg the Trump administry for your little money, right, because yeah, both Harvard and MIT are basically saying fuck no to the demands of the Trump administration. Trump again, We've seen this from the beginning of this this this year, since his administration began. He's on a mission to go after academia, since having only one way of thinking is one of the first boxes you need to tick as an authoritarian. So having schools teaching shit like science or laws, no, no, big nah, No, I certain laws are all right, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, well, we're not allowed to have the difference of opinion that I only like like five of the laws.
Speaker 2: No, I mean it's wild because like the things that they were demanding were like essentially this. So this is what's been happening, right, The Trump administration puts together goon squad and they go like, we're looking for woke stuff at this school or quote.
Speaker 1: Unquote anti semitism Israeli the Israeli government.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well but even then it's like you're teaching about critical race theory, you know, that's still that's the a thing too that they're like when that happens, like, oh, we've found it. Now we are going to threaten your funding unless you do these things, which essentially makes the Trump administration completely in charge of your university. From who you can hire, who you can fire, what the like administrative staff looks like, the students, the curriculum, all of that. That was a bridge too far for Harvard and MIT. We're like, no, that's then we ceased to be the institution that attracts all these fine thinkers and lots of money. And Columbia did do this right. They got four hundred million stripped away. They said, fine, we'll let ice come on our campuses and just terrorize our students, and you can have cops just bad up anyone you want. That backfired completely. They they bent the knee, and now they're not even they're not even in a better position. They're worse off now. So I think Harvard and MIT probably saw that as an example and be like, yeah, this is like fuck all this like, we're not gonna We're not going to compromise. You know, at least are what we have. I have left of a constitutional right to teach people what we say that. And if you want to take the two billion dollar grant away from the school, as Trump has threatened to do, just they're like, yeah, we're Harvard. We have fifty three billion dollars in our endowment.
Speaker 1: I have long been like, what is that fifty three billion dollar endowment possibly for? And now I have my answer.
Speaker 2: It's I think you hope right, because this is truly no excuse not to just remain independent from a authoritarian regime.
Speaker 1: I feel like that would be bad for the old brand. If you're consulting me Harvard and MIT, I'd say, uh, you know, just giving in pre registering early early application to fall in line with the Trump administration probably bad for your brand, bad.
Speaker 2: For your brand. And yeah, they're you know, now Trump's sort of counter to them being like, well, fuck you, We've got money. Perhaps Harvard should lose its tax exempt status and be taxed as a political entity if it keeps pushing political ideological and terrorists inspired slash supporting quote unquote sickness. Remember, tax exempt status is totally contingent on acting in the public interest. Yeah, so we're just throwing terrorism around. Terrorist inspired sounds like when you look at like a deceptive like apartment listing in LA and they're like, it's Beverly Hills adjacent.
Speaker 1: Inspired terrorist We have many men, Yeah, Miles, have you dined with us before? No?
Speaker 2: No, what do you guys do here?
Speaker 1: It's a thing called that you've never heard of, called a pop off style. Oh you just spit all over my sorry. Uh yeah, okay, that's that seems it seems bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean at the very least you're I mean, so many institutions have just been preemptively rolling over Yeah, I mean yeah, I'll look at that and be like, yeah, that's the least you can do is not be like shook that the two billion dollars a go away. When you have fifty three and you have like over one hundred billionaires as your alumni, you might be able to cobble together a couple couple you know, pennies did.
Speaker 1: American's view of Israel is majority unfavorable for the first time in the history. I think you guys probably covered that.
Speaker 2: Oh no, actually no, I think that was Yeah.
Speaker 1: That was a new pole that said the unfavorable view of Israel for the first time. So I feel like these policies will get more aggressive because of that.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, and it's so transparent too, and like they're calling out like like what what the exact wrong think is? You're like, oh Jesus, like what happened to it? Like even like that's where the maggot people are like what happened to like America first? Yeah, noney, no, no, it wasn't about y'all and your racism. I mean a little bit, but there's a it's about taking your money.
Speaker 1: Nineteen eighty four's like vision of authoritarianism with like double speak was just like that's too much artistry. There's like too much work being put in. They're like, no, we're not gonna bother though with that shah, there's no double speak.
Speaker 2: Just like if someone gives you like an actual fact, you just go no single speak, one word. All right, Well, here's a cool thing that you can distract yourself with, ai doll that you can you can turn yourself into a Barbie doll or a g I Joe with like some fun little uh like the things that come with the Action figure, the little little Yeah, myles, what would your what would your g I Joe accessories? GI Joe would be like a soccer ball?
Speaker 1: Oh what fun?
Speaker 2: A bunch of flats like chicken wings. Yeah, headfares, there it is, there it is, and then like it may be like a big sprite or Baja blast. Maybe you know what I mean? Is my my accessory cup?
Speaker 1: Are you? Brian? The editor wants to know what the fuck you're doing with a soccer ball? Fucking juggling it? Dude?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? What am I doing with it?
Speaker 1: Fucking scoring goals?
Speaker 2: Dude? I'm putting it under my shirt and pretending I have a big belly. You know my bit, Bri, You've been around me for years.
Speaker 1: I think mine would be it's a mountain dew obviously, mm hmm. That's it, all right, that's it.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm willing to reveal. I mean, it's just so wild, Like every fucking week there's like, hey, AI will help distract you from the collapse of society because you can now look at a weird rendering of yourself as a.
Speaker 1: As a plastic y'all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's something like I don't know, I don't know what philosopher would have something to say about this and where we are, but it.
Speaker 1: That Jack, I leave that to you classification like, yeah, turn yourself into a plastic doll. You already feel like you're being manipulated by a giant hand and have absolutely no control over your life, so turn yourself into a little plastic posable action figure. This trend apparently blew up on LinkedIn because people were like trying to make their boring jobs seem exciting and toy worthy, and so they would put trying to think like what so I'm looking at one of these, it's like Susie Vac edition. So that's fun. She's got like some sunglasses and some sun fine a Fanta or a is that tab?
Speaker 2: I can't No, it's Fanta, but it's also Ai. So nothing like kind of looks like anything.
Speaker 1: You're like one woman's marketer and it's just like multiple like hell yeah, her just looks like straight up hell, a giant a giant drink one of those like general monitors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like wait, you got to have the Stanley quencher, you know what I mean, just to keep it real. Yeah, yeah, although this one doesn't even look like a toy, just like a photo. It looks like someone like.
Speaker 1: A ship job with this kind of looks like M Threegan a little bit, the hero of the movie Megan m Thriggen, which M Thriggen Part two point zero coming to.
Speaker 2: A theater And yeah, they should have called them.
Speaker 1: I guess my character would also have diapers for the under the arms to just keep like there would be obviously be a stained T shirt.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, or your action figure would have like it comes with real life panic sweating actions.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, like those bait those dolls that pissed themselves. Yeah, although mine would also have that too, both itself.
Speaker 2: And yeah it was the water ice.
Speaker 1: I swear to god it was the water ice, all right. But yeah, so this is just I don't know, it's an upsetting trend, uh that people are pointing out there are privacy issues because, uh, to obviously to generate the AI doll, you have to submit a full body photo of yourself us all your personal data that's used to generate the box and accessories. Also a full DNA work up to make the tiny version of yourself that will live inside a box inside Sam Altman's home.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, but yeah I think that's optional. Yeah, the DNA one yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And then there's of course the environmental impact, because the data centers that power this shit consume more electricity in a year than one hundred and seventeen countries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, yep.
Speaker 1: In this article, US editor of tech Radar Lance Olanoff says, we have a joke in my house that every time we create one of these AI memes that kills a tree, right, fucking hilarious joke, Lance, Yeah, joke.
Speaker 2: In your house. Yeah, that you yell at your weird roommate and they go, what the tree. Look, I'm with Totoo from Jipili. Well we we're getting pizzas at uncle's.
Speaker 1: Hey yeah uncle eg. Yeah, Probably more likely that it's killing people in the future, Like every one of your memes kills an actual person, but just you know, not they're not alive yet, so you don't maybe more than somebody who is alive. I don't know. It's like that. It's like that box metaphor, you know, there's that like thought experiment, okay, that you like press a button, you get a million dollars, but someone somewhere in the world dies. Except instead of getting a million dollars, you get a shitty meme of yourself as a g I Joe. Anyways, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 1: And Jimmy Kimmel, Uh, you know a lot of people have been trying to figure out out why why Trump won in twenty sixteen. Jimmy Kimmel got it figured out. Uh this really yeah, yeah, okay. I've always thought of him as like my main thought leader. He's the one with the beard. He's not Jimmy Fallon, which the first half of this story, as I was reading it, I was picturing Jimmy Fallon the.
Speaker 2: Beard right now.
Speaker 1: He did for a lot of.
Speaker 2: Rocks a beard every now and then. I have an.
Speaker 1: Oscar post guy. He's who like Madam best friend. Yeah, that's right, Jimmy Adam. But he big Democrat. He's uh, you know, on the right side of things, and that he thinks Trump is bad news, stinky orange cheeto man.
Speaker 2: The limit of his critical thinking.
Speaker 1: So he said, Uh, for me personally, as I've grown older, as I've matured I won't make a joke that I wouldn't make if a person of that color or persuasion was in the room, So that hero of that color. That's how I look at it. I think a lot of the outrage is completely manufactured, and it's like a lot of these people who are angry aren't really angry. So if they're angry, can't be something that I'm angry about, like that they they're pretending to be angry. If it doesn't make me angry, it can't be because they have a justified reason for being angry and they've just had a different lived experience than me. It has to be that they're just pretending to be angry. And then he says, and this is the thesis statement that will be studied for years. I think these liberals who've done such a good job of viciously attacking comedians are a big part of the reason why Trump is the president right now.
Speaker 2: Oh, welcome to the resistance, Jimmy Ning ning Ning swish, we're here because you guys were viciously attacking comedians.
Speaker 1: You're too mean to my friend to Adam Carolla when he was doing his hilarious material about I mean, women are stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's clearly a culture war dimension to it, but that is such a convenient oversimplification that completely absolves the Democratic Party of any wrongdoing and just makes it like it's just a liberal culture man. I don't know what you would that's that's what did it. It wasn't the fact that they completely fumbled the bag in terms of leadership. Yeah, sure, man, cool, thanks.
Speaker 1: Jimmy, Yeah, so he's good. Yeah, you got to figure it out. There's a new ari Astor movie coming out that is about Joaquin Phoenix as a like right wing sheriff, small town sheriff in the midst of the COVID pandemic. So I don't know, that's the guy who made Midsommar hereditary movies. That it's names I can't pronounce, I pronounce weird for some reason. And then bo is afraid.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean other time. I haven't seen the trailer, but was Peter Pascals.
Speaker 1: Peter Pascal, I'm a stone. I don't know. It looks interesting. It's weird, like it feels like the big directors are like doing their this political moment movies this year. We've talked about how Paul Thomas Anderson has a Leonardo DiCaprio movie coming out that's like post Civil War America. Yeah, so should be interesting, should be interesting.
Speaker 2: We'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 1: Ari And then of course big news there there is a mysterious tower and area fifty one that has appeared overnight out of nowhere, and people are asking questions.
Speaker 2: Wait, so how do they see that it appeared overnight? Like people are at area fifty one and they're.
Speaker 1: It's on Google Earth.
Speaker 2: Oh and it appeared overnight.
Speaker 1: It's just to just showed up on Google Maps recently. Uh. Okay, so all right, I guess I'm reading I can hear that it was seen back in eight years ago. Okay, so it has been there for eight years, but that's still okay. This YouTube video actually says ten years old. Okay, there's one from twenty ten, so that would be fifteen years ago. No, it's actually looked the same. Yeah, so this is this is just one of those Internet stories that just like pops up and people are like, this is mysterious because it said that this was a mysterious overnight thing that happened overnight in twenty ten. People just keep circulating that, but it's probably nobody knows exactly what it is. Some people are like, this looks like the monolith from July Technology, right.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Maybe it's a fucking exhaust tower.
Speaker 1: I have no Yeah, everybody's like, that's so many things, like things that look like the like the obelisk is just a fucking rectangle, like skyscrapers, gravestones, candy bars, they're all technology.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it's so dumb though too, because this all hinges on, like and it just appeared overnight. Okay, And now that that's not the case, now, what do you have to fucking say about it. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Dude's still weird. Dude, you tell me that's not weird. So I don't know. Area fifty one, by the way, is like the whole obsession with Area fifty one as alien narrative actually has helped distract people from the fact that, like we kind of we know at least one of the things that happens there, they take technology from other countries that has been found on like battlefields, and then try to reverse engineer. So it's basically the plot from It's like what they said in Independence Day, but just insert you know, other nations armies instead of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's the little Yeah military industrial complex is reverse engineering lab. Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: But also they like just burnt a bunch of shit out there one time, and I guess not one time, just like consistently, and the toxic smoke was nicknamed London fog and people suffered skin and respiratory illnesses as a result of inhaling it just.
Speaker 2: Like burning like random material, Like it's just a way to just we.
Speaker 1: Know exactly what they were burning, probably aliens miles.
Speaker 2: If you had to ask me, but smoking them even.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But anyways, it's just that they get to hide that stuff behind a layer of secrecy and where we come up with the most interesting possible explanation when the reality is just like I don't know, we're trying to like make some money over here by coming up with some cool ye weapons technology.
Speaker 2: We found half a drone on the ground and we're just trying to figure this thing out.
Speaker 1: And then we got Somennett texts on it, and then we tried to smoke it. Try to do what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my cousin kind of smoked some meth and then took it apart and then tried to figure it out, and then he gave me a couple of tries to do it, and yeah, we still know what it is. I mean, Area fifty one for me will always be that Midway Arcade cabinet shooting game. Yeah, where you were cruising through alien area fifty one and you're having a fucking deal with these aliens.
Speaker 1: Bro, And I know the cabinet.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I never played the game, but I did.
Speaker 2: Huh. I love that ship. There will be this time where you go to the they would go to the control tower and the camera would pan up. There would always be a bonus box up there, and if you hit that, you would get the machine gun off.
Speaker 1: Raw damn.
Speaker 2: Brian the editor said, Jack is clearly a time crisis. Guy oh namco Guy, Huh.
Speaker 1: I just rode in that. I just played Pong in the Warner Sweat a lot.
Speaker 2: At the sit down like seventies arcade that was like like that table you were.
Speaker 1: Just looking down on, Yeah, the one that is just a table, yeah, with a little window glass window in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I missed that. That ship is such that shit is so like engraded.
Speaker 1: My dentist's office.
Speaker 2: I was like, what I remember it was like at this like weird, like fucking I forget like this. I think it was like a place where my my dad would go to swim or something like. I just remember going in there being like this weird machine.
Speaker 1: Mends video game and I was like, this thing fucking sucks.
Speaker 2: What is this?
Speaker 1: The controller is one of those ball ROLLI ball.
Speaker 2: Things or like a fucking dial like we were just like turn left or right. I remember this one will be broken and ship whatever anyway.
Speaker 1: We love you, we love you, We love them, don't we folks? All Right, those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday afternoon. We are back tomorrow with a who last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get your vaccines while you still can get your flu shot, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow. Bye bye,