Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Mick Shot streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: And it is a Thursday here inside the SWBC podcast studio. It is Eagles Week and there are football players on a football field as we speak. Time to get fired up.
Speaker 2: For Eagle Week. We hate Philly for.
Speaker 3: Mike McCarthy's birthday on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: We got another birthday celebration on a game day last month. It was Jerry Jones' birthday that did not go well when the Detroit yt we were Now we try again with the Philadelphia Eagles on Mike McCarthy's sixty first berth.
Speaker 4: When you're three and five percenter is working, that's right with us.
Speaker 3: And so here we are ready to tackle these Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 4: Bring them on, let's go.
Speaker 2: I like the pun and not.
Speaker 3: Very many people have been able to tackle Saquon Barkley this season. You know, he's on pace for like a two thousand yard season.
Speaker 2: Really, you mean just from scrimmage.
Speaker 3: No, he's got nearly a thousand yards rushing and they've played eight games.
Speaker 5: That's crazy. They figured it out, man, they figured it out. You got stick to the plane.
Speaker 3: May Mickey's going to the statue.
Speaker 2: He got stick to the plan as a team came out, it's coming off a.
Speaker 4: Nine hundred and twenty five yards in. They're eight games, right, six and two one hundred and fifty seven attempts. So that means he's averaging a scosh below six a game, six a care I'm sorry, six touchdowns too, but he doesn't lead the team in rushing touchdowns.
Speaker 3: How many how many yards was that again? Uh?
Speaker 4: Nine hundred and twenty five divided by one fifty seven and it comes to five point nine a cab.
Speaker 3: How about that's six yards of carry? But it was but it was nine to twenty five? Yes, okay, So he's averaging one hundred and fifteen points six yards a game.
Speaker 6: Okay, So if you multiple times, seventeen just multiplied, So he is on pace for nineteen hundred and sixty five yards rushing this season.
Speaker 4: Because if it was a sixteen game season, he could just double it, double it, and it's eighteen fifty plus one more game. Yeah, and if he happens to get a couple of big games, two thousands not out of the question.
Speaker 3: Well, once he got to nineteen sixty five, they'll probably keep you in to get the final thirty five.
Speaker 4: So let me ask you, guys, is the question I just got asked because I didn't have a really good answer for it. What do the Cowboys have to do to stop say Kwan.
Speaker 3: Berkley, He is injury prone and is here.
Speaker 4: I told him, I told him.
Speaker 7: You.
Speaker 3: Know, I mean I'm saying is he might have been doing this earlier in his career, but he always seems to get hurt.
Speaker 4: I was more gracious. I said, hijack the bus on the way of the thing. I mean, they are who they are, right, And I'm not all of a sudden going to have some magical scheme to shut him down. So you just got to hope you can keep him to a reasonable about of yards.
Speaker 5: The only thing that can help you in games like this, when you haven't shown, uh anything all season in regards to stopping someone, you hope that you could somehow match up.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: You hope that the end some individual matchups, right, can help you minimize what would otherwise be bigger plays.
Speaker 4: Or maybe get a lead and they get out of their running game. Well, you're going to start a backup quarterback, right.
Speaker 5: So we probably won't do that with the backup quarterback. So just the only hope you have is matchups. Maybe one guy might have such a good game or against an offensive lineman or yeah, but it just might be his day, you know. So it's it's by hook of crook, you know. That's about all I can say.
Speaker 3: So Baltimore Derrick Henry, they've played nine games and Derek So Derrick Henry leads the league in rushing with one fifty two but these that's with one more game than what Barclay's played. Interesting, so actually about nine he's averaging one hundred and sixteen point nine yards of Geary, So it's almost exactly the same average per per game.
Speaker 2: Boy, it's nice to play quarterback behind that.
Speaker 3: So Henry is on a pace to rush for one thousand, nine hundred and eighty seven yards in a seventeen game season. Barkley is on a pace for one thy, nine hundred and sixty six. Henry's slightly ahead of the pace of Barkley.
Speaker 4: And how about this one. Gibbs Detroit got six hundred and fifty six yards, so he's eighth, but he's the He's got the leading average per carry at six point four. Henrys six point three and Barkley's five point nine six ' four.
Speaker 3: Now do us well?
Speaker 8: I got down here to Rico Donald not Cover's.
Speaker 4: Got three hundred and twenty one yards, but he's averaging four or to five a carry. How about that?
Speaker 3: Who Rico?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Nice, it's better than Pollard last year, so give him the ball might as well if he only had twelve carries for seventy five yards the last game.
Speaker 4: The problem is I had six.
Speaker 3: And a half yards of carry. He was on that same pace, six and a half yards of carry, but they only gave it to him twelve times.
Speaker 4: He's only had seventy one carries.
Speaker 2: He was doing good work last game, really good work.
Speaker 5: I mean he's tough to bring down once you give him some space. I thought that was in regards to getting him the ball on the long handoffs left and right and yeah, just give him a chance to just split the scene.
Speaker 3: And yet when you need a yard, he couldn't get a yard, and it wasn't because of him.
Speaker 4: It was Garrison.
Speaker 2: Yeah what.
Speaker 3: He's going back to the old dad, he don Oh yeah about Garrison.
Speaker 2: I got it.
Speaker 9: If you need three, you'll get you three if you need to get you three. But my point before I was rudely interrupted, is that it takes more than just the running back, and which I think I still contend that Mike McCarthy was just as upset about the third and one stuffing of Rico, which was the play before the fourth and one.
Speaker 2: Jets tablet after the fourth down.
Speaker 3: It was in the break after, so we don't know that he was looking.
Speaker 4: At like he could have done it.
Speaker 3: He could have been looking at the third down play.
Speaker 4: They came back and showed it.
Speaker 3: It was on a replay fourth down. You think it was the fourth down play that he got.
Speaker 5: His because I think they would have made reference to it.
Speaker 2: No, I don't. They don't know.
Speaker 3: We're all just speculating what he was looking at too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, I'm thinking it's the fourth down.
Speaker 3: That they were both were pretty egregious.
Speaker 5: The fourth was so ugly. The third day when he just kept losing and losing, he had.
Speaker 3: Just looked like on the third down on the third down play, Grady Jared he it is almost Grady jareded. It appears he was either shifting or he was jumping the snap and so either he read what was about to happen or something or but then Tyler Smith blocked away from him, and so Tyler Guyton has got a reach block basically on him.
Speaker 2: And then Olsen was saying he never should have left. Tyler. I'm sorry, he never should have left, right.
Speaker 3: But so that's where I'm wondering if it was a miscommunication where they also have to read what the defense is showing them when they're communicating who they're blocking. It was so simple, right, and it should have been yeah, crazy, and so in just the body language of Tyler Smith after it was Okay, who am I blocking?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How about this?
Speaker 3: The play got blown up?
Speaker 4: An obscure stat Third and one rushing leaders?
Speaker 3: How do we rank there?
Speaker 4: There's eighteen guys that are tied for first because they've gotten every one of their attempts.
Speaker 2: The most is.
Speaker 4: Jones, Oh, Giants quarterback.
Speaker 3: Jones.
Speaker 4: He's seven for seven.
Speaker 2: Jaleen gotta be Jalen. They're not.
Speaker 3: The tush push isn't working without Kelsey there.
Speaker 2: Uh not as well, got to be in there, but he's not. Maybe not part of the eighteen?
Speaker 4: Is that what he says, he's ten of thirteen.
Speaker 2: I bet j Daniel Jalen no expect that. I expect better. Actually, So you.
Speaker 4: Got for seven, Kelsey there, four for four, three for three, which is also Zeke. Now Zeke's two for two, lip Key's two for two, and Cooper Rush is two for two.
Speaker 3: One of the problems the cow So how many.
Speaker 4: Eighteen guys, but how.
Speaker 3: Many opportunities that the Cowboys had?
Speaker 4: Oh, it just shows the run. I got the run, Okay, just the running backs.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the running backs.
Speaker 4: Okay, So Elliott's two for two, Lipke's two for two, that's four for four, and Rush is two for two. That's six for six.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So they on thirty one where they tried to run.
Speaker 4: Rico's two for three. That was the one last week eight for nine.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: So so okay, got to get to third and one. That's an issue. That's what I was about to say. So the Cowboys have played eight games and they've only had They've only run the ball on third and one nine nine times. Yeah, so once a game basically they're running, so you need to get to third and one. The problem is first and second down, or they've been.
Speaker 4: So good on first and second they don't get one.
Speaker 2: Pick.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize they kept that.
Speaker 2: Stat Yeah, I was just at it.
Speaker 3: They keep status of everything, all right, all right, So tell me what we need to know from the Mike McCarthy press coofference today. One thing I can tell you is that Jonathan Mingo is going to be on the practice field today. Yes, and he's wearing number eighty one for those of you keep track of that.
Speaker 5: And so they wouldn't bring him in for just a practice player at this time, right, He's just he's.
Speaker 4: No, he's on the fifties.
Speaker 3: Fift they gave up a fourth round draft pick. Yeah, so there he's on this roster.
Speaker 4: I want to see him on the field.
Speaker 3: Andrew Booth is on the practice squad now, really not signed, okay, because they need.
Speaker 2: Players right now. We can't be choosing right now.
Speaker 3: They needed a roster spot for Mingo and so he was the bottom guy on the roster and so they got through and waivers.
Speaker 2: Is that okay with you?
Speaker 3: Because the practice squad, I don't think it's not surprising at all. It's a second year player.
Speaker 4: You never know when the light might go.
Speaker 3: Off or come on.
Speaker 4: Well, I meant, yeah, come on, it's been off.
Speaker 2: So what else?
Speaker 3: What else you got from?
Speaker 4: So he was non committal on Dak's injury that got reported last night that he has a partial evulsion of his right hamstring, which means there's a small tear or separation of the hamstring tendon from the bone, which sounds pretty significant even if it's partial. Right, So, I was reading up about how they treat this, and one way is you can have surgery to reattach the tendon, or you can initially rest and it was called a rice treatment rest ice compression, elevation to cure it. And it would be several weeks. So it's not a one week injury. It may be a four week injury. But really, I mean if if if you he doesn't, it's like everybody, you got to go on, I r he doesn't. He could just be an inactive player and that.
Speaker 2: Way you can save some moves and you.
Speaker 4: Don't like, who are you going to bring on to take his place? Right?
Speaker 5: When you look at that injury. When I hear about that injury is it compare comparable to t O's injury when he played the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: I can't remember his his was. I thought his was an it was a hamstring. I thought his was an ankle. It was an ankle. Here when he tried to play in the playoff game against the Giants in seven.
Speaker 2: This is when he went.
Speaker 5: He started the I don't know if it's a cryogenic thing, but that's when they started the treatment.
Speaker 3: He fractured his fibula and tore a ligament in his ankle, combination that typically demands extensive recovery time.
Speaker 8: He was going in six weeks about yeah, yeah, and so, but that that ankle aspect of it, that muscle that that I was.
Speaker 5: Wonder that was the same thing from the bone right right. So anyway, I kept trying to compare it to another player. So Mike basically didn't answer it.
Speaker 4: He he basically said that, you know, we're still doing tests and trying to figure out the right uh form of treatment going forward.
Speaker 2: The last thing you wanted surgery.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, because then he's done for the season.
Speaker 3: Okay, one thing about the surgery, and I know this is not your favorite guy to site on mixed shots, but I did. I did listen to the pro football doc and he said, there are different types of surgery, and so we don't know what kind of surgery it would be, but there is a surgery that can be performed for what he was describing. He in his medical experience that he thinks this is what he's dealing.
Speaker 2: Is a real doctor. He is.
Speaker 3: He was a Chargers team.
Speaker 4: Doctor previous, not current, but so now from Afar.
Speaker 3: He's from Afar, so all of that being said, but all so he'll look at videos and say this is what it looks like that.
Speaker 2: But he didn't do that when he worked with the charge. I'm it's charges.
Speaker 3: It's not like charges they were scripting on exactly. I know you're living in Atlanta, but can you look at this right?
Speaker 2: Well that's what deal with yes, yes.
Speaker 3: But anyway, what he but he did say, what I did get out of it is because all the reports are well, if yeah, surgery, is it done for the year. He says that the surgery that he likely would be taking it would probably put him.
Speaker 2: Out six weeks.
Speaker 3: Okay, so now six weeks takes you to week sixteen, and so you're takes you to Christmas and.
Speaker 4: They have a chance to play one or two more.
Speaker 3: Games, and it depends where the team is standing.
Speaker 2: It would definitely have to depend on where the team is. Yeah, we're not just going to throw him out there just so and get.
Speaker 4: Numbers, especially after you paid him so much money, right.
Speaker 5: And that was saying that that would be the case just because you're paying him so much money. Though, Hey, we're going to make sure that you play. I don't that's I hope that's not the attitude with talking.
Speaker 2: So what do you if we don't have a chance.
Speaker 4: What do you think this revelation did for the idiot on FS one that I hate to even say his name because now I know he's on f S one, James Jones when he found out that that former wide receiver for Green Bay.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know. I don't remember that guy.
Speaker 4: Well, I would like, I don't. People need not to remember.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know about this.
Speaker 4: So when he's when he heard Jerry say that he's got a hamstring strain and could be multiple weeks, he said, Dak Prescott quit on his team? What quit on his team? I've played through hamstring strains. It doesn't take you. Put some ice on it and go forward.
Speaker 2: Stop he can't he did not say.
Speaker 4: Yes he did, man, not only did he say it? You know, obviously you got to tweet out whatever you say. Right So now they they they said that he apologized and finished his apology with God's speed to Dak. I'm going, don't be pulling that crap.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure Da sent back middle finger emojis. See not.
Speaker 4: And you know, I've had people tell me this that we're in charge of broadcasters and everything. I wouldn't have an an now analyst do a game unless they're a former player. Well, just because you're a former player doesn't know mean you know everything well and not only that and nothingst you.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's not.
Speaker 4: If you think of what Everson does and what Nate does, they find out what's going on before they form an opinion. This guy goes.
Speaker 3: Off half cocked.
Speaker 4: Uh and uh, that's why to me, it's dangerous to put all these guys on just because they play. And at some point, I mean, it's just it's irresponsible to do that.
Speaker 10: No, do do the you know, and then when you do that.
Speaker 4: There's no repercussion either, right. Well, and so I told the guys in narratio. I remember when I was working at Paper and Columbia, Missouri, h a guy that I knew was running a Mexican restaurant and he got accused of sexual assault front page, big headlines. Right a week later they found out it was bogus metro section about eight point type. The case has been dropped. But once you do that right, everybody sees it right away and reacts and the retraction no big deal. Right, So you gotta I don't know, here's what you have with just be responsible the.
Speaker 5: Risk you have with former players, and you see it with the podcasts and things of that nature. That's why I try and be as accurate as possible. That's why I like Bill fact checks a lot of the stuff that we talk about so that I won't just be out here rambling and you.
Speaker 2: Know it's totally was not how it was. Sometimes he'll correct me.
Speaker 5: And so you have players, some have this vendetta, you know, and they want to air that out, and there are times when they might spout some things, or it may be coming from a place of envy, it might be coming from a place of trying to do it. And also some get back. Uh, let's let's case in point. You've got a lot of players out there, and it's always been the thing.
Speaker 2: I think it mostly started with Randy Moss.
Speaker 5: The Cowboys should have drafted me, right, And because they did not draft me when I played every time I played them, then I made sure and made them pay for That's started with Randy. And you've got a lot of players out there who were not nearly as good as Randy Moss, who have that same beef with the Cowboys or another team or a coach.
Speaker 2: That might be still in the game.
Speaker 5: So then when you give your remarks, this former player is usually going to be something unusually stingy, right, something unusually sharp that really shouldn't be out there because you still have this vendetta that's in your head against a particular player, against a particular coach organization. And so I think Dak Prescott and the Cowboys themselves have been a victim of that. Now with these former players on TV, all of them are like the Cowboys are up at the you know, and they've got this nose up attitude about everything that we do, and it's their job as form a player is to shoot that down. And not just former players of course we know another particular player, another particular guy, but it wasn't a player who came in here and joined us one day, you know.
Speaker 4: To make a career out of it.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, and he is. And so.
Speaker 5: That gives them, in their eyes validity, you know, but not necessarily here and it may not necessarily be accurate. But that sentiment goes up to the producer as well, because they know that that's a money maker. They know that all these players that have these vendettas against the Cowboys, that's good print and it's it's good air.
Speaker 4: Go go look at former Redskins and their former Redskins. Okay, they're not commanders, and they had vendettas all the time, the guys that got a microphone.
Speaker 5: And not to mention some Philadelphia ego former players as well, Right, all of them want to outdo the cowboys. All of them want to show the Cowboys you know, gotcha, we're getting back at you right now. And that that's true stuff, that's true stuff. For us to be the topic of so many sketches or edits, it's ridiculous to where, like I think they just like you said, they just fired Dennis Allen, the coach for the Saints. Well, that wasn't the lead deal. The lead deal wasn't the Cowboys sucking enough right now?
Speaker 2: Right? You know? I mean they came out with that. The coach just got fired.
Speaker 5: But but the Cowboys are the lead deal because the producers know that's going to bring you listeners, that's gonna bring you ears.
Speaker 2: Just the way it is.
Speaker 5: And that's where having a former player doesn't always mean that you're going to have accuracy.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you're just going to have envy.
Speaker 4: Okay, well said, but he said it. I didn't have to going on.
Speaker 3: No, that's facts, all right, We continue it more make shots in a moment.
Speaker 5: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the.
Speaker 2: Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls.
Speaker 5: With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys travel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 7: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott. Quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you.
Speaker 3: Wincot slides for the first down.
Speaker 7: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 10: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Boys to get started.
Speaker 11: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates.
Speaker 4: But with that Texas heat.
Speaker 11: It's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster canholer comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 4: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction. Miller Lte is brewed to be less feeling.
Speaker 3: What are you doing here? Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm just reading the script.
Speaker 5: It says less fillings.
Speaker 3: That's not what my script says.
Speaker 4: Hell mindset.
Speaker 3: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers.
Speaker 2: Middle Light is in fact less filling and taste great. I'm rashine legal guy.
Speaker 1: Celebrate Responsible Milwaukee, Wisconsin Beer ninety six thousands pree point two grams carvers for twelve bounces, Fewer Cowson cars opinion.
Speaker 2: Regular beer.
Speaker 5: Shots support military members, veterans and their families with the twenty twenty four Salute to Service collection from cameo pattern hoodies and hats to gear, proudly showing off the Dallas Cowboys star alongside the stars and stripes. This collection is more than just football. Visit the Dallas Cowboys Pro Shop near you, or log on to shop Dallas dot Com, Shop Dallas wait Shot dot Dallas Cowboys dot com a fanatics experience and join our mission.
Speaker 4: Get them in the dot com and shot shot dots.
Speaker 2: That's what gets you the shot dot.
Speaker 3: Right? Did you cover everything from the Mike McCarthy press conference today?
Speaker 4: We didn't cover anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's where we started, and yeah we went off.
Speaker 4: Well, I had one more too.
Speaker 2: By started after.
Speaker 4: We found out what happened with Dak trying to run the football. Oh yeah, I had all you guys out there. You wanted him to run more.
Speaker 2: Well, he ran more, and I don't think it was about choice.
Speaker 4: No, that was a scramble. But the other ones were runs.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: He had three carries for thirty yards and the last one was basically he was running out of the pocket he got sacked.
Speaker 5: I can't recall forgive me, is that the same leg as the as the broken ankle?
Speaker 4: Oh you would ask that.
Speaker 2: Because the boat ankle was left.
Speaker 4: I was thinking it was left was left? Wasn't it because he got he got yanked down by that? What do you call that?
Speaker 2: Any way?
Speaker 3: We had a fifty to fifty chance of getting it right? Yeah, it was just right.
Speaker 5: That's why it was this way. As I thought about it, it was this way this way. He brought it down this way as he was trying to go there.
Speaker 4: That was like ther what ham string is is this is right?
Speaker 5: See that that stuff that you know you has confidences it does, it does, no doubt about it. It's no doubt about it. Oh yeah, we woke.
Speaker 3: Got it in the same I'm not getting those How did I? Why do I don't get that?
Speaker 2: Might be because they're looking for you.
Speaker 4: You're not Apple in society.
Speaker 2: Now, they're looking for you. You might be a suspect. They don't want you to know.
Speaker 3: All right, So and I'm just confirming I had to wait for Wi fi to kick in here and it was his.
Speaker 5: Right ankle, okay, and so his right ham string now m hm yes, yeah, that that's definitely related.
Speaker 4: So what you're saying is one, okay, your walls weaken everything.
Speaker 2: Tell you, man, that stuff happened with the guy right yeah, he laughs at me, But easy listening, san Diego.
Speaker 3: Got I didn't realize you got your medical degree.
Speaker 5: Said, Usually when you have something that happened off in there, then your you know, the rest of your leg has to compensate for.
Speaker 2: That injury, which is not never going to fully be healed. It's never going to fully be healed.
Speaker 5: That muscle that surrounded that ankle will never be the same. It will never be as strong as it should have been otherwise. So I'm thinking that as as I like the word it precipitated this hamstring injury.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 3: Okay, what else you got?
Speaker 4: So it was a pretty extensive injury report yesterday. Between yes it was.
Speaker 3: There were nine starters, nine Cowboys starters, seven of them with Pro Bowl experience, that were either limited or missing missing practice accident.
Speaker 4: Right. He gave an update on CD, who practiced on a limited basis.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: He said he had a good day and they expected him to be out there. He didn't give any specifics, but he said he practiced, So I guess if the wide receivers practicing, he's got to be able to catch the ball. Uh. He said. Micah had a good day and he said that he should be out there again the day, so he was limited, but he did take part in some of the team reps. Uh and uh he said he talked to him this morning and it sounded like he didn't have any repercussions from uh the activity, So it sounds like good for those guys. Let's see the other limited guy was did you call it? He didn't call it up?
Speaker 2: Did you.
Speaker 4: I forgot to print it out. Hang on I had the limited mm hm hmmm, I guess I didn't write it on this page. There were four guys that were limited, and all of them sounded like they would be able to play. They didn't put rest next to Zach Martin or Eric Kendricks, but I think that they felt like that could today would be the most important.
Speaker 3: I apologize for not listening to you, So I'm going to run down the whole stuff. All the limited guys were digs with a calf guiton with a neck and shoulder uh CD shoulder, micah ankle one, two, three, four, right, which one did you miss?
Speaker 12: And Bland d d n P rehab today still maybe, I don't think it's a maybe if he's not practicing.
Speaker 3: Kendricks did not participate with a shoulder, and Zach Martin shoulder d n P. Of course, Jan Thomas concussion and.
Speaker 4: The vigil that foot just keeps gitting in the way.
Speaker 3: And then the other one is Brandon Cooks, who is on I R. So he's not on the injury.
Speaker 4: Report right and he's not ready to practice, not this week, so maybe next week.
Speaker 5: Dang, that's a lot, right, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: They could.
Speaker 3: And that's that goes to show you on the infection thing, you know, we don't. Yeah, it's it's rare that you see a player out with an infection, a knee infection coming off of surgery like that, So you don't know what to anticipate.
Speaker 4: How long it wasn't a surgery, it was a shot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, that's right, injection and a So you don't know how long someone's out with that. And it's going to be a fifth week now at least.
Speaker 4: I hate to bring it up because he always gets out of me. But when I had my infection, I was out for two weeks.
Speaker 2: I'm not getting on you today.
Speaker 4: That's serious stuff, especially when you're taking an ivy to antibiotics. It's uh, yeah, it's serious.
Speaker 2: I'm lucky. Is this just for him alone? From Bandon?
Speaker 4: And now the quarterback? So both wide receivers are banged up. The top two guys right and Philadelphia's are too, and they are Brown was on the injury report.
Speaker 3: He was limited, and then DeVante Smith who was out with a hamstring yesterday.
Speaker 4: It's a violent game and it seems like I don't know if it's more violent or just you haven't played enough football that a lot of this stuff crops up with.
Speaker 5: I'd love to have somebody come along and do some type of a study on then versus now. I just don't remember so many injuries from players when we played, and we weren't as dedicated in the offseason as these guys are. They stay in shape year around, and is that too much? Do they wear their bodies down? And yes they talk about fewer practices, but that should be that should be a plus because you're.
Speaker 4: Not succepted to accept that ball to get hurt in practice as much, and that's why it is the way it is. But then now you're playing football that you're not used to.
Speaker 2: Action the other part of it.
Speaker 5: And I don't know if that would have made a difference back then. Maybe it would have, I don't know. But when it came to covering one on one playing a wide receiver, after you play so many practice, have so many practices, that stuff just becomes second.
Speaker 2: Nature, you know.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know you could get out of bed and do it, you know, But I don't know something about how things have run at this time. Do the lack of practices help and that's what that's kind of what we are right now.
Speaker 3: And then there's different rules as far as using injured reserve now to where you got more guys that go on injured reserve because they can come back in four weeks and back in the day you're on injured reserve, you're out for the season.
Speaker 2: And then also the.
Speaker 3: Money involved in it, where you're not because you have such a financial investment in a player, you don't want to risk of further injury, so you hold them out for another week just to make sure they're right.
Speaker 5: It may not necessarily be. They may have the same knick knack injuries that we had that we had to play through.
Speaker 3: We had to play through. The rosters are larger now. You also have the practice squad that you can play with, you know, as far as expanding the roster.
Speaker 5: But you don't want to do something like that with a star player and you know, tinker around with that kind of stuff because you want him on the field, you know. So you could probably say that with marginal players right as opposed to sit stars.
Speaker 3: But also because of the gambling, it's more publicized now all the injuries back then, it wasn't publicized because of course there was no gambling going on.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not.
Speaker 4: Well, but think about it. Back then, they had instituted this type of injured reserve because they could put a guy on for four weeks and then they could come off. What happened was it got abused that they were putting guys on there with false injuries just to stash them to keep their rights.
Speaker 2: But if you're.
Speaker 5: Talking about having players available, you're not going to be messing around with that. If you need players, I mean your core players available.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I don't mean to do it for I mean guys that are they're.
Speaker 3: Gonna cover with this. The other part of is you didn't have it. One of the reasons you only had a forty man roster. You didn't have enough money to have other players, excess players.
Speaker 2: You know that you could just Let's be real.
Speaker 3: Think how much money is spent on players just flying in for workouts across the country.
Speaker 2: You know, Hey, don't don't fuss about that.
Speaker 5: Because Jimmy Jones, Jimmy Johnson bunt in in nineteen eighty nine, Jimmy Johnson and the Cowboys airline budget had to be big.
Speaker 4: Worked out because brought them in on Monday, worked them out on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: A shuttle or something.
Speaker 4: Started on Sunday and cut them on Monday.
Speaker 5: So many guys man that came in and just left in some state I've never seen that it was.
Speaker 2: It was a.
Speaker 4: Cute term, but it was accurate. The revolving door.
Speaker 3: Uh right, So how many of the players of the nineteen eighty nine roster weekend week out? But you go in the locker room, how many of those players would you know their name? Percentage said, there's fifty guys.
Speaker 5: All my teammates names, but do not know their names? How would you not know their names? And everything started to change gradually.
Speaker 4: Well, and think the way the way that the locker room was arranged at Valley Ranch initially in those quadrants. Yeah, so you didn't hang around with Quadrant three.
Speaker 3: When you were in quadrant you got a rotating run and so wed. Yeah, like like in this in this locker room or an NFL locker room right now, where you've got all these practice squad players, you got to get injured. There's seventy five players walking around here. Okay, are there players on teams that don't know the names of all the players on their teammates.
Speaker 2: I would imagine it is right now.
Speaker 4: I bet a couple of guys that are on the practice squad, because they're the majority of them are in that back locker room, I bet they don't.
Speaker 3: Know Ricky Henderson. Ricky Henderson the baseball player. He he didn't know any of his teammates. He was with the New York Mets at Al Lighter took him around with the TV camera and because it was the teammates were talking amongst himselfs Ricky don't know my name, I mean, and he Al Lighter and Takesy with it. He got it on the TV cameras and took put his arm around Ricky and brought him up to teammates and say, okay, what's his name? Oh, no, mess with Ricky, No mess with Ricky.
Speaker 5: Ricky was at that time, he was at the end of his career, right, yeah, right, yeah, right, of course.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows Ricky though, Yeah, that's what matters everybody.
Speaker 3: And then he at the end of his career, he was with Seattle and John olrud was he was with the Mets. He's a teammate with him of the Mets. And then he was in Seattle, and old Rud wore a batting helmet when he played in the field. Okay, because if I guess concussion whatever, and so Ricky sees him. I played with a guy in New York who also wore a batty and it was the same. It was all right, recognized.
Speaker 2: He must not have left impressive.
Speaker 4: This reminds me of since you said Ricky. Missouri had a basketball player, Ricky Frasier.
Speaker 3: I remember I called his Gamesvanovich and Curtis Berry and John Sunvol Ricky. No, No, he was at Missouri. I was Missouri when I was in school at Ou Missouri, and uh we beat y'all.
Speaker 4: He was a first round draft choice of the Chicago Bulls. But they were in a in the tournament and they were going to play Notre Dame. Notre Dame's big guy at that time was Kelly Tripuka. He was All America, one of So they're in the locker room before the game and Norman Stewart says, Ricky, we got Tripuka, and Ricky goes who he Oh, just give him a number, and it was he was so good. The guy had the greatest shooting touch ever, right, but yeah, who he he was good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they went.
Speaker 4: They I think they got beat by day.
Speaker 3: I got an old cassette tape of mine. They were ranked fourth in the country. They came into Norman, Oklahoma to play Billy Tubbs Oklahoma Sooners, and they got their butts beat by a nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, I still got it.
Speaker 3: As we prepare for an Ou Missouri football match up on Saturday, trash talking has begun.
Speaker 4: Continue shot not until I find out who the starting quarterback is. HM.
Speaker 13: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 11: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the Smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster canholer comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot Com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Doak Prescott back at the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help.
Speaker 3: You win slides for the first down.
Speaker 7: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie and crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 10: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot Com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 5: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregames, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the Team Hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the.
Speaker 2: Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls.
Speaker 5: With Star Sports tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 2: Today, tom.
Speaker 5: Cowboys Nation, It's time to get the giving season going. Tune in to see country music superstar Laney Wilson and the special guests performed during the Salvation Army's annual Red Kettle Kickoff halftime show this Thanksgiving on Fox. Every donation stays in the community to provide help and hope for those in need. So tune in to watch the Cowboys, Giants and Laney Wilson this Thanksgiving and give today at Salvation Army USA dot org.
Speaker 3: Okay, Everson is not going to be with us tomorrow, so ever, sin here in the last couple of minutes of the show, we need to get your take on what the Cowboys need to do to beat the Eagles on Sunday.
Speaker 5: Cowboys need to match up well against the Eagles this Sunday Today. Match up well, you know there needs to be just one individual that can make things happen, one individual that can just screw up your entire game plan, which is kind of what happened with the Cowboys against the Falcons last week. If you can get everyone else to maintain and I would say this the game plan. When you have a team like this, the game plan is extremely important. This is when the coaches get paid to really make the magic happen.
Speaker 2: This is your moment right here.
Speaker 5: Make sure that you put your players in the best position, and then you hope for that one player to come out and have one of his best games. That's the only chance we have to win this game. It's going to have to happen in the running game. In regards to our defense, we have to have good run defense, and I think if we do that, we have a chance to win the game.
Speaker 4: Actually, Mike, when he was asked about it, he said, we definitely got to play strong inside, meaning stopping the run of course, And did we talk about this on Monday? The first play that Atlanta ran with Bijon Robinson, it was the exact same thing that will diagram for you illustrating for the TV show that cutback run. He was showing how he's he's he's fast, but he's quick enough Bijon to cut to the right and see the backside cut and you've got to be aware of it.
Speaker 3: Cowboys were well prepared to stop that too. He only got nine yards on that plane rush play.
Speaker 5: Talking about if we could just keep them inconsistent in their running game, And I thought we did a decent job against the Falcons running rushing game alone.
Speaker 2: If we can be if we can keep.
Speaker 5: Our opposition, uh inconsistent in their running game, we have a chance. You have to give yourself a chance. And you can't have Derrick Henry running all over the place or you.
Speaker 4: Know, as an NFL net provide show jumping somebody from the backwards.
Speaker 5: Come on, man, But if you can just minimize the damage that their running game will do against our rush, our running rushing defense.
Speaker 3: So you think, so you think if you limit Barkley to his average of one hundred and sixteen year.
Speaker 2: How they say is average? Okay?
Speaker 3: I did not say, Well, that would be a lot better than what they did against Henry, right.
Speaker 2: No doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 4: But be shod didn't get one hundred.
Speaker 3: He did not know he got eighty six and they got another fifty nine through the year. Was the problem the fifty nine?
Speaker 5: I mean, when you think about it, the Cowboys still had the chance to win that game. I'm sorry. They had a chance to win that game. And they can do the same thing against Philly because Philly's offense is not as explosive as what we've seen in the past.
Speaker 3: Okay, which this is off topic. We don't have time to get into it, but I'm gonna throw it out there anyway. I was just thinking about this.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys are facing Barkley this week, and he was like the second pick in the dramt Okay, and he's the Eagles. You would say he's been a pretty fine addition.
Speaker 2: To this Eagles still.
Speaker 3: Okay, last week, b John Robinson, Okay, that offense was centered around b John Robinson last week, and he was the eighth pick in the draft. Okay, the previous week San Francisco, Okay, they don't let their guys hurt. But he's coming back maybe this week. Christian McCaffrey was the eighth pick in the draft. Okay, the previous week it was Jamior Gibbs and the Lions, and he was like the thirteenth pick in the draft. So what's this talk about. You can't draft a running back in the top half of the first draft. Crazy got four straight team four straight teams.
Speaker 4: Here that are playing the You just have to draft the right running back.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you something. And Bill knows what I'm talking about. After watching Ou and the.
Speaker 3: Big Eight back in the day, Wiley Simms.
Speaker 5: Running backs was the most amazing thing for me when I was young, just you know the way guys, you know my dad was running back, the way he was saying, to give him a leg and take it away, you know, just the normal things that running backs do. I just always thought that was so fun watching football when the running game was more prominent than the passing game.
Speaker 3: But I mentioned Billy Simms, and there is a poster child for why you don't take a running back with the first or second pick in the draft. Because he got hurt and he wasn't able to do anything. And that's the that's the knock against taking the running but his NFL career, because he got hurt early on, he would have been he would have been a Hall of Fame running back, but he got hurt.
Speaker 2: Well, he ran over us in Dallas. Uh, that I would call.
Speaker 5: I would call an eighty something yard touchdown pass he called over d D Lewis.
Speaker 2: So come on, I've been.
Speaker 4: I was there, ran over us in Colombia.
Speaker 3: That was in college.
Speaker 2: Boy, that was it.
Speaker 3: That may have been his greatest game ever. He had back to back games against Missouri and Nebraska.
Speaker 4: And I wrote my whole story after that game. I think, if I remember correctly, which one it was all about him.
Speaker 3: But Billy did play, Okay, to your point, Billy did play from nineteen eighty to eighty four and had five one hundred and six yards in his career. And which okay, which okay? First round draft pick, he got him for four years, five years if you pick up the fifth year option, and so you got your five years out of him. You know, you just got to understand when you take a running back, that second contract may not come to fruition.
Speaker 2: You say anything about Tony, so that's right, yeah, yeah, all right. That kills all of that.
Speaker 3: And there's a whole bunch of others, Yes it is.
Speaker 2: One of them.
Speaker 3: Was at SMU the other day, Eric Dickerson, Tony Express, the Express was there.
Speaker 2: La la la la la la, he kills me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but how about SMU's playing in now Watch Watch Out.
Speaker 4: They're gonna make their playoffs.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: All the guys are from the Dallas area. That's right. Love it, I love right all right.
Speaker 3: That does it for mix shots, and some of us will shout at you again tomorrow at noon.
Speaker 2: Go Cowboys till Monday.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.