Speaker 1: Two Teas and a Pod, which Teddy Mellencamps and Cambridge Edge.
Speaker 2: Hi guys, welcome to another episode of Two Teas and a Pod. We are here to recap Real Housewives of Salt Lake City Reunion episode eighteen. What did you think?
Speaker 3: Ooh, it was a doozy, man, don't you think?
Speaker 2: I mean, it was such a doozy And also like the irritation level I had with some of the women.
Speaker 3: Multiple times, I just screaming and talking over each other. I had to watch it twice actually because the screaming and talking over just like kind of turned me off, and I'm like, I tuned out, So I had to rewatch it this morning at like five in the morning.
Speaker 2: Me too, because I feel like I missed some juicy nuggets because I was getting so annoyed. So like they had some like key things to say, but I was like, I don't care because I'm so irritated that I'm blocking it out. But it starts off where Andy asked Angie why she's holding Meredith accountable for the gay rumor Angie says. A gay podcaster said it appears Meredith is using her son's sexuality as leverage with Sean Andy says, this is a huge waste of time. The interviewer led Sean into it. Meredith says, the only person who brought this up was Monica, and then Angie says Monica told her it came from Meredith. I have to be honest this entire thing. Like if you listen to any interview to Fruition, you know that, like they're gonna lead you on to answering questions. Do I think that Sean.
Speaker 3: Well, especially that that podcast.
Speaker 2: Was being a dick.
Speaker 3: No, No, I don't either, but that particular podcaster does things like that. Now, Meredith was steaming red when Andy said the control room confirmed that Angie is saying it's true.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that Angie can be a lot, but I don't find Angie to be a liar.
Speaker 3: Well, no, they the control room confirmed that.
Speaker 2: I mean they confirmed that what she said was accurate. Also, when we heard the clip of what was actually said, I don't think Sean was being an asshole either. I think that my issue with Meredith, other than her shawl, was that she runs every single time she gets caught, and it really bothers me.
Speaker 3: I know, but there's a lot of housewives to do that, but this is, in my opinion, this is another podcaster trying to cause issues on the housewives so they can get their little spot. Bravo stopped falling for it.
Speaker 2: But for the record, I didn't even and I'm not saying this in shade. I have no idea who the podcaster was at. I can tell you, yeah, text me, but like, I didn't resonate with me while watching the show. I was like, whatever I was.
Speaker 3: I actually got a text message from Monica as I was watching the show last night, and I just like sent a screenshot. I go up, by the way, there's they're talking about you on the reunion. She's like what, So then she says.
Speaker 2: I know she's all over the world wide web instagrams posting saying I never talk about the show, but.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, I haven't seen any of her posts today.
Speaker 2: I've seen it a little bit. But Meredith gets up and says that unless she hears the audio of Monica clearly saying Meredith didn't say it, she has finished. Meredith says, Angie is unwarranted mean girl vendetta against her, and then Andy says there are two moments, one where Monica says Meredith said it and one where she didn't. Either way, I don't care.
Speaker 3: Well, I would have loved somebody to call Monica on the phone at that moment and brought her out. And so we can just hear. Mean, we're either.
Speaker 2: Gonna need Monica back or we're gonna need to stop talking about her. I know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I can't wait to see Monica's posts. Like you said, there's some coming out because it was Monica, Monica, Monica Monica. I mean, I hope that girl got some money.
Speaker 2: Also, correct me if I'm wrong. Was Meredith third seat? Yeah, that's rough going for that many seasons.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's been a while since we've seen a House Swift reunion walk off. She did a partial walk off.
Speaker 2: She got it. She didn't even But if you're gonna walk off, leave and never come back, don't like pretend you're gonna walk off.
Speaker 3: No, because you walk off and then you go, oh shit, they might fire me. I mean, the rental shade is so different than the background answer shade. Meredith can't take a joke. It's crazy her just constantly talking about they're talking about my rental. Well, you, I mean, you've admitted you don't live in Salt Lake City. You come in to film the show, and so.
Speaker 2: What if so offensive about being in a.
Speaker 3: RI That's not the point they're trying to get across. Their point that they're trying to say is you don't even live here, You come here to film the show and then you take off.
Speaker 2: Well also, I mean, then I know we're skipping ahead, but while we're on Meredith, then they kind of bring up Seth potentially not being with Meredith, that he has a side chick in Ohio. And I gotta tell you, if somebody said so and so has a side check and then that was the way they responded, I'd be like, well they have a side chick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll get to that.
Speaker 2: Nice. It wasn't nice.
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't nice at all. But it sounds like they don't spend a lot of time together. He was saying, like they see each other on the weekends. And to me that.
Speaker 2: Said he recommended that to couples, I recommend I.
Speaker 3: Don't recommend that.
Speaker 2: I actually more distance apart, like distance does not make a heart grow fonder and marriage.
Speaker 3: No, No, I absolutely agree with that.
Speaker 2: Then Andy brings up the threesome rumor that Whitney brought up in Mexico, as well as bringing up Lisa and the Circle Jerks about Sean. Lisa says it was an analogy and she does not think that Sean does that. Whitney apologizes to John, explaining she wanted to burn with Lisa.
Speaker 3: I don't think Lisa was too thrilled that John was so quick to accept and forgive Whitney. I mean, you know, Lisa can hold a grudge.
Speaker 2: I don't think John is like a combative person though, like he's like, whatever, let's keep it moving.
Speaker 3: I don't think so either. I think he's on this show because his wife, you know, because.
Speaker 2: I wanted to be there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's not like he's kind of an eddie. He's like, I don't want to really get involved. I'll go, I'll support, but you know all, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not going to get into every no of it. Then Andy asked Justin why he didn't feel the need to stand up for Meredith when Seth called her a b och and Justin says he had a meditation moment with himself that morning so that he wouldn't get involved in the drama. He didn't realize how aggressive it was in the moment and regrets not saying something. Seth says there's no excuse for name calling. Seth says, it's not like when Angie called Meredith a bitch. Meredith says that's abusive according to Sean, so Angie must be an abuser.
Speaker 3: And I didn't like that Meredith saying that it's abusive or calling somebody abusive or abuse her, and that did not overwhel with me, and I'm sure it's not going to go overwell with the viewers.
Speaker 2: I didn't like it. Andy asked Todd how he felt seeing bron Win share the details of his emotional affair. Todd says he hasn't seen it. I'm sorry. I really tried to go into this episode thinking the best of Todd.
Speaker 3: Still don't Okay, he won me over just a little bit. I'm not gonna lie why because I didn't yeah that And I don't know. Do you think Bronwin's downplane because Todd is behind her or because she was lying? And that's what I'm like, not sure because there's a little bit of backpedaling going on. I think Bromwin wanted sympathy, so she embellished, and now she's trying to maybe backpedal. It's just a thought. I don't know if it's a true thought.
Speaker 2: I don't know. In my opinion, which is oftentimes incorrect, I feel like Todd is Bronwin's boss, and she's now backpedaling because she probably was slightly overserved and had a conversation with her friends and opened up her friends. But now here she is and Todd's pissed at her, and he's been her father figure slash husband for quite a long time. But like, I cringe watching it, and I think a lot of the other women did too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I noticed like when Bronwin is confronted with something, she's very good, almost like media trained. She's a pro at changing the conversation, Yeah, to go into a different direction and not really answering the question. I need to learn that talent.
Speaker 2: But also, I mean, it's pretty easy to learn when you're married to a narcissist that controls your entire life.
Speaker 3: Oh we're going there.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying. I don't think Todd has that warm and fuzzy feeling.
Speaker 3: And I know that he cried. He cried.
Speaker 2: I would cry too, because it was upsetting to worry.
Speaker 3: And then Brahmin looked at him and said, you're okay, You're okay, You're okay.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's something about the relationship. I know it's not.
Speaker 2: I'm not buying it. I don't buy one part of it.
Speaker 3: There's something endearing about it. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: Well, he's her dad but also her husband. Yeah, it's endearing to have somebody to take care of you, but it's also upsetting to have somebody put you down and not let you be yourself.
Speaker 3: Well. Bromwin says that people misunderstand her and brought her back to when she didn't feel good enough with Todd. So is it possible? She embellished the story.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course anything's possible. But it was rough for me to watch like it.
Speaker 3: No, it was but promises that when she and Todd talked everything through, he gave her a fifth anniversary gift, a ring with five diamonds and five new promises. He couldn't remember all those promises, he remembered the transparency of the fifth one. Yeah, the promise to support love, fidelity, take care of Gwen, and transparency.
Speaker 2: You're still going to keep backing this.
Speaker 3: I need I just need to see more. I just need to see meam.
Speaker 2: I need you to give me a necklace with friendship, honesty, love, kindness, empathy, and then I want you to remember all of those words.
Speaker 3: I can't remember what I had for breakfast. But is it a fatal flaw like Ron went said, or a conversation that went too far with too many cocktails?
Speaker 2: I don't know, But either way, I'm not probably gonna date Tom Todd. They're the same human to me.
Speaker 3: He's Todd or Tom? Yeah, who's Tom Sandoval Girardi. Oh well, I think he's somewhere where he can't be dated.
Speaker 2: But I'm feeling vibes similar vibes which I don't like. Gives me the ick. Then whenne He gets emotional saying she hasn't talked to her dad since season one, this is where we start to get in the conversation with Mary and her son, and it's the first time, I think, in how shy viewership, that I've seen Andy cry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a very emotional, sad scene. I mean it really made everybody cry. And then Whitney was holding back the tears as well, not making eye contact. It's just such a raw thing to bring up, you know, sometimes I worry, like, should you like I take it back to when Laurie, you know, talked about it on the show and what happened there. It's it's just it's a lot of it helps a lot of people, but it also could potentially put a lot of more stress on him.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, but I guess I never told the reunion. I never really saw the parallel between what Whitney's going through and what Mary's going through with her son. But you kind of start to see it and you see the like the through line, and I don't know, I think it's pretty heartbreaking, and I think it's something if I'm going to watch something on reality television, I'd rather see that than like fighting over a textbusge. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then Andy brings up Seth Emeredith's marriage. Seth says it feels like a first date on the weekend because she's because they see her. You don't see each other very often. I think we touched down on a little bit about this, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's good.
Speaker 3: I don't know so well, how about when Seth says like this is confusing to me. I do an annual review on our marriage and asking as it's above average. I'm staying in the game. It works because we are not together that often. That doesn't sound ideal to me, if it's worth saying.
Speaker 2: Do I think you need to be codependent twenty four to seven? No, But if you're saying that the reason that your marriage works it's because the majority of or fifty one percent, you're a part. I know I'd be offended. I would too if you said that about me right now. I mean we talk every single day. If you were like, our life would be better if we were at forty, I'd be like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's rude. It's kind of rude. They completely glossed over the conversation the ladies had, implying Lisa and Meredith having affairs. That just was very glossed over. They did not want to talk about that.
Speaker 2: No, they're not going to talk about that. Then Andy says Mary was lighter this season and more engage in my opinion. She gives credit to Angie for giving her that extra support and making her feel comfortable like she has a real friend. Then we see Meredith act like she's upset because she thinks that she's Mary's friend. I'm like, Meredith, you're a friend and no one but your bath bombs.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Do you think Meredith's jealous of Angie and Mary's friendship.
Speaker 2: I think Meredith's jealous that, like, at the end of the day, we'd rather watch Angie and Mary than Meredith.
Speaker 3: Every time they'd pant to Meredith, she kinda looked pissed off. She kind of had that pissed off.
Speaker 2: Maybe her shawl was bothering her.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Then Meredith says there are things the other women say about her that are problems. She pulls out her phone, like whenever somebody pulls out their phone because they can't just remember.
Speaker 3: Then offhand, well, I can't remember shit. But she's scrolling through her list and the cameras behind her.
Speaker 2: She says she's been called a drug addict, a beliemic, a cheater, homeless.
Speaker 3: Wait, I have a question. I have a question out of memory. Who called her a bliemic? Who said she had eating disorder?
Speaker 2: I think she's claiming Brittany did that, because but.
Speaker 3: She those words never came out of her mouth.
Speaker 2: I don't think Brittany ever, whenever Brittany said anything, I don't think Brittany was trying to claim that Meredith was beliemic or had an eating disorder.
Speaker 3: I know because I feel like she put a lot of these words you know on her list, but that weren't even set, weren't even implied.
Speaker 2: Lovel psychotic dissociation, multiple personality disorders, snitch liar appearance, made fun of hearing aids, are made fun of.
Speaker 3: Hairing aids, or nobody made fun of her hearing.
Speaker 2: Aids, insulted as a mother, grudge holder, whore, and plays the victim. Meredith says she said a lot about people, but a flashback shows her calling someone a monster, a pitbull, an ugly human being and vile. I don't think and.
Speaker 3: I'm say, just a day and housewives that's it.
Speaker 2: But like I, there isn't. I don't know why. Like I feel like I have empathy for a lot of people, but to me, Meredith is punishable.
Speaker 3: She can come for you, Mary's welcome.
Speaker 2: She can come for me with all of her different faces and all of her different moods and her husband's that can spend forty one percent of the time with her, I don't care fifty one.
Speaker 3: It's fifty one, but you know what, the Mary and her one liners always shine through. When Mary said those bangs were a type of suffering.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh my god, all the women died, but they were a type of suffering. But you know what, I had those same shit bangs in one of my confess and I still hate mine.
Speaker 3: Not like those. Those were like way in the back of her head whatever.
Speaker 2: Mine were down low, but they went like a v like this, and it was a dude.
Speaker 3: The yours were a lot better.
Speaker 2: I don't know. But then Mary and Meredith and the reunion by hugging, did we see Brittany at all this?
Speaker 3: She comes out, She's literally comes out the end. A few fan thoughts, Mary's love, Mary's story about her son very touching and brave. Bromwin's down plane of the affair was typical of how she spends the truth. Meredith can never have a conversation and own it.
Speaker 2: No, never, Well that's it.
Speaker 3: How many parts of this reunion?
Speaker 2: Three? It's got to be three? Thanks guys for tuning in to another episode of to Teas and a Pod loving Salt Lake City where sad it's about to be over and we'll talk to you soon.