Speaker 1: Are we rolling? Yeah, yes, we're rolling.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yes, that makes them complete.
Speaker 1: Totally my bad, because like I need to go, I need to go into the email and I have to find the songs that are no longer in this. First of all, how do things just get expunged from the system.
Speaker 2: I feel like they do like a purge once in a while.
Speaker 1: That's impossible because there's stuff in here still from like two thousand and two from we were in the Jersey City studios cool that are still in here. So I don't really understand.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, maybe you're just labeling them wrong.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't know. I'm not labeling them wrong.
Speaker 2: It can't be you.
Speaker 1: No, Okay, it's not because they were there and they just expired.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, welcome to Serial Killers.
Speaker 1: Look, our mouths are moving properly when the recording. Look it's off, see off off. See it's not. It's not SYNCD properly. Okay, look do you see it? Watch I'm gonna trum my head now ready it's not it's it's awful little bit.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it, I'll fix that in posts.
Speaker 1: All right. This is Serial Killers. It's the podcast where we talk about cereal and we eat it, we try it. I'm Scotty B and I'm Andrew. And today's a special day Andrew. Oh why it's pace off. Oh yes, it's Passover. Tonight is the first night of Passover, which means, you know a lot of our Jewish friends cannot eat regular cereal.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I don't really do that anymore because I'm a terrible, terrible jew.
Speaker 2: Plus, you get cranky when you don't eat.
Speaker 1: No, that's no, that's yum kapor.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, wrong holidays.
Speaker 1: Come on, Andrew, it is your bad, but so Passover.
Speaker 2: The ap apology to come later.
Speaker 1: Passover is the holiday where we don't eat leavened bread. So what that means is, you know, because the thousands of years ago, when the Jews were escaping Egypt, they didn't have time to take their bread let the bread rise, you know, so they just yanked it out of the oven as it was. And that's why we have Matsa.
Speaker 2: I love Mazza with my life.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: I love Matza.
Speaker 3: Every time you buy Manza because it's like so cheap a shop, right, and you buy boxes and boxes.
Speaker 1: I just got my five pound box for free.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something, Yeah, you leave it here. I go through that. I house that masa. It's so good with butter.
Speaker 1: You know, my favorite masa is egg Onion is my favorite matsa.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's like everything bagel.
Speaker 1: That's more expensive though, And when and when passovers over the supermarkets, they're just giving it away. They please take it. It says good for bird feeder because nobody else wants it after pass I.
Speaker 3: Always want Matza. Really, I freaking love it. All right, well, I'll bring it in for you please. I actually rely on that during COVID, I like didn't go out to like get groceries for a while.
Speaker 2: I literally lived for like three full.
Speaker 1: Days off of Matza. Wow, look, Butter, it was great. Hey you're matching our logo this time. Your sweatshirt matches. You're classic. All I say is a floating head.
Speaker 3: I was into Disnee just a couple of weeks ago. Because I don't know when this is airing, but this.
Speaker 1: Is airing, I'll passover.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah, so that's what day.
Speaker 1: It's April to twenty second.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, my birthday is next week? Are you excited?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Is it really?
Speaker 1: I didn't even know have your birthday twenty ninth? Right, twenty eighth. We do this every year. It's in the high twenties.
Speaker 2: Okay, August sixth, thirtieth, we've.
Speaker 1: Done this, and I forget the thirtieth. I'm the worst friend ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks August sixth.
Speaker 1: No problem, Andrew, All right, let's get started.
Speaker 3: So because seven eleven is Ashley and then Sinko to Mayo is Cooper.
Speaker 1: Well, it's because we purposely had them on easy days to remember.
Speaker 2: Still I remembered.
Speaker 1: Good job. So, uh, secret squirrel Joel, the same secret squirrel Joel pointed out to me when all the Passover cereal came into Shopwright. He's like, dude, they're back, and so there's some there that we haven't tried yet.
Speaker 2: Great, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: And so this is going to be the fruity Passover episode.
Speaker 2: The fruity Passover episode.
Speaker 1: Yes, because all three cereals we're having today are fruity.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Is that exciting for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean so, I feel like with Passover cereals, you always under you always over under deliver.
Speaker 1: No, I underpromise and over deliver.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like the Passover series.
Speaker 1: Some of them are nice.
Speaker 3: But like historically I enjoy the Passover cereals. I don't really have an issue with them.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I mean they haven't all been winners. Yeah, so let's see if these are cereals that you should pass over. But that was good. That was a dad joke, Like I love that. I was debating, like titling the episode pass these over if they were bad. But so we'll see, Okay, all right.
Speaker 2: My question is this so passover unleavened bread? Got it? What does cereal have to do with that? I know that sounds dumb.
Speaker 1: It is. It is the type of grains that are in it. So there's there's they can't be elevened grains. Well, no, there's a whole list of things you can't have. Again, I told you I'm not that great anymore, so I forget. But there's a lot like there are some people like in certain sects of the religion like Sephardic won't eat peas. Wow, Like there's certain things. I know, it's not all levened, it's there's a whole myriad of things.
Speaker 3: I'm sure someone who's watching on YouTube right now is going to post an entire comment like, oh, here's what it is.
Speaker 1: And they're yelling at me.
Speaker 2: No, they won't yell.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh, ye'll be nice please, there are plenty of people that will yell. Okay, so let's start off Andrew with Geffen fruit flavored Crispy O's Kosher for Passover. Now, if you remember we had cocoa Crispy O's last year, Okay, you don't remember. I don't remember either. I look at Serial KILLERSPC dot com to make sure that we did not do these. So these are fruit flavored Crispy O's Kosher for Passover. And they look like if you look at the picture on the box, it looks like the original fruit Loops before they had all the other colors. Because if you remember, sure I remember, yes, fruit Loops when they first came out at Fruity Pebbles as well, were only yellow, red, and orange. That's it, Lemon, cherry and orange with the three original flavors of both Fruity Pebbles and Fruit Loops foot loops.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so crazy, So it comes so far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fruit flavored Crispy Oh's is just going to old school, old school maybe, and it sucks because passover cereals are expensive. This box was six dollars and look at what I was just wait you see me. Yeah, well, you know, weight not volume. That's how they sell these things.
Speaker 2: Why sell it in a box this big?
Speaker 1: It's an optical illusion. Andrew makes you think you're getting more than your new jersey.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of the kosher companies are there. I know Mana Chevita's in Jersey somewhere. Also, I smell nothing. Yeah, I'm sure if you smell anything there.
Speaker 2: Right, that's very odd.
Speaker 1: I don't smell it. And it's it's it's it's orange heavy, look right, I mean, look look at it. It's all orange. There's seventy five percent orange pieces. I'm wondering, why look at that? Yeah, I don't know if we've got an error box or that's just the way that they are fell. That would be fun, what it? Yeah? Can you put your phone down just for like ten minutes? Come on, okay, come on, So you're gonna go back to the Farmland Fresh Dairies fridge. Today we are using Farmlands Fresh Dairies two percent milk. Okay. Now, you may have noticed that we always use either two percent or whole milk.
Speaker 2: I've always noticed that.
Speaker 1: And that's because we just feel that two percent of whole milk brings out the flavor profile of the cereals best. Please keep in mind that form their fresh cherries has it all. They have them all with free fat, free one percent buttermilk and with cream and with cream, chocolate milk, heavy cream cream.
Speaker 2: You'll ever have in your life, half and half.
Speaker 1: They've got it, buttermilk, the milk. I said that. Pay attention to me, not your phone. Please anyway, thanks so bad? Yeah, so anyway, they have everything, but we just we prefer a whole in two percent for cereal just because it brings out the flavor better. You're ready, buddy, Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I have to accept these tickets now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you better accept those so you can go see Bad Money.
Speaker 2: I want to go see Bad Bunny. So bad?
Speaker 1: Is that what you're accepting? Is that what you're excepting? Now?
Speaker 2: This one's for Olivia Rodrigo.
Speaker 1: Oh you're going?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean you went? How was it?
Speaker 2: It was so good? I am not accepting the tickets now.
Speaker 1: Here we go, buddy. They're a little flatter than your typical loops would be because they haven't risen. You're pretty okay. There's not a ton of flavor.
Speaker 2: That's the best thing. That I could have ever heard what Geffn's Crispy O's. They're pretty okay. I give it two bowls. It's not bad. It just leaves a weird, chalky aftertaste and there's not much flavor.
Speaker 1: There's not a whole lot of like, yeah, there's really no fruit flavor here. It's just kind of filler. I don't I can't tell whether it tastes artificial or not. But there's not the worst thing I've ever had. Tapioka stars numbre an ingredient than sugar gluecoas. Oh my god, there's a lot of sugar in here. It's all sugar ingredients.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two bowls for me. I'm not the biggest fan of this.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give it two balls in a spoon. That's all right.
Speaker 2: It's yeah again, it's pretty okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If you had to have cereal for passover, I wouldn't make this your first choice. We really love the pillow ones.
Speaker 2: Another really stupid question, is it one night, two.
Speaker 1: Nights, no week, eight nights? I believe no, it's I'm okay. Hanukah is a nights? Passover is a bunch of knights, Okay, it's a bunch of knights. It's a bunch of days. You really, you do the first and second night of Passover. That's really like the two big ones, and then it goes on for a couple more days. Okay, my apologies for not knowing. I could google it, but I just don't feel like it right now. Okay, So going back down to the Passover cereal sack, it's a separate sack because it has to be a kosher sack. This sack is a kasher sack. It doesn't mix with our other ones. Okay, all right, it's separated. You see that here, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Underneath the cereal hoarding.
Speaker 1: All right, now we're gonna go with the fruit O's.
Speaker 3: I have to say, yeah, what's interesting about this one. It's got a pole tab. I've never seen that before.
Speaker 1: And that's how do you say that. We tried last time Pasquez Paskisquez Pascuaz, so we had we had fruity, we had fruity puffers from them. These are fruit O's, so we had like balls of fruit from them, but not the O's. So this is different. Sweetened cereal rings, great crunchy taste. Oh wow, is it a foil bag? It is generally when there's a pole tab, it's a foil bag. Did you know that? No, now Pasca has went full in. They went with all the colors. They've got all the colors of the fruit loops. Ye're looking at, I'm just looking at. They just try other things what they got.
Speaker 3: Try some of other cereals, mini bits, cookies, soft crist bars, flats, couscous, croutons, matz of ball, mixed bacon, fried crumbs, premium noodles, diddles, nibblers, rings, diddles.
Speaker 1: What are diddles?
Speaker 2: I have no idea. I want to try chocolate and baking products. Whoa big?
Speaker 1: These are?
Speaker 2: Those look leavined.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know how they make them so large like this? These are these are some big ass loops.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is unnatural shaped. This is too large.
Speaker 1: And I also don't see any blue ones in here. There's blue on the box, but I don't see any blue in the package.
Speaker 3: This is interesting, so strange. Again, not much smell, which is concerning.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, ingredients again, tapioca stars, dehydrated potato flakes, potatoes, so I remember that from last time around, sugar, glucose, artificial everything, but it's coach ever passover, So what the hell?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 3: We go cheers to that? I gotta say, like, if is there a cheers in?
Speaker 1: Sure, that's hello, goodbye and peace. So we'll take.
Speaker 2: That multifaceted word interesting. All right, do you want to put some milk in?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Sorry, we're still going to get that date for our visit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, may remember you were going to set it up.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: I'm good, so you just got to do it on your end. A lot of yellow here, Yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Looks like a traffic lay. Well oh no, ol what what?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: One's so different? I'm not throwing back and swallow it or not. There is there's zero fruit flavor.
Speaker 3: It tastes like onions, legitimately onions.
Speaker 1: It actually tastes a little bit like want to be chocolate. There's no fruit flavor here whatsoever? I can't even I kind of want to go back. But you know what, that was bad. I gotta oh my goodness, and it's stuck to the back of my teeth.
Speaker 2: I literally I could not eat that. That is heinous.
Speaker 1: But don't you get a little bit of chocolate taste?
Speaker 3: I get no chocolate, I legit taste onions. Was this made in an onion patch?
Speaker 1: Possible?
Speaker 3: It's like next, it's like a fuion. I like, just put milk on onions. This is disgusting.
Speaker 1: I can't get it all out of my mouth, but I do taste chocolate, which is so strange. Are you okay? No, I'm only because I didn't spit it out.
Speaker 3: You have another spoon, yes, because I'm not using that same spoon that was.
Speaker 1: This is only because I ever again, only because I didn't spit it out. I'm giving it a spoon. So here I'm going back to. Look, I'm looking at the puffers ones that we did from them last time around. Look at this. I gave it a spoon, you gave it a ball. What do you get this? You get this gets nothing? You threw it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow. So they're very similar. They were just almost just as bad.
Speaker 3: Whatever they're doing, they need to not because that was not it that that is bad that I I'm telling you. It's funnians with and then you pour milk on them, which is like the nastiest mix of things that you could put together, and then you're chewing it and it's like you're blending it up, making like a nasty smooth.
Speaker 1: You calm down. We're going to regroup and we're going to be back right after this, and we're back Diamond by Diamond. Have a nice weekend, sweetheart. Oh it just was the weekend. Hope you had a nice weekend, Diamond. All right, So I'm gonna go back into the kosher cereal sack. There's one left, please, I really, I really hope it's okay, But it's it goes along with our fruity episode.
Speaker 2: Is it? Is it onion a fruit?
Speaker 1: No, Onion's a vegetable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's not supposed to be in Oh god.
Speaker 1: I saw from lebs this is crunchy fruit. Okay, it's kosher ever passover, gluten free and non gerbros. What is that? What? Can you please look this word up. I've never heard of this before in my entire life. Yeah, non geb rockets geb r O k T S. I don't know what that is. This one aza that.
Speaker 2: Is absorbed liquid, huh go. Brox refers to mansa that is absorbed liquid.
Speaker 1: That's spelled wrong. It's not spelled the same way.
Speaker 3: Brox is a Yiddish word that refers to mansa that has come in contact with water.
Speaker 2: It literally means broken. I guess this is unbroken, unbroken, non wet, you know what?
Speaker 1: You know what. I'm tasting my mouth from the last one. Now that i'm it's still stuck in my mouth, I'm tasting the potatoes. I'm tasting the potato. Please, this one does not. Yes, I read you the ingredients and had potato starch and all that potato flakes. This one tapioku stars. Oh, potato flakes. Potato stars. That's how they do it, and that's how it's kosher because there's no grain. There's no grain and stuff in it. That's what Alright. So this one has a pull tap, so I bet you it's gonna be fit. I know you're not a bit it's gonna be foil. Yes, another tiny bag in a big old box.
Speaker 3: Do you think the iHeart Podcast Awards will use me throwing up to really hold?
Speaker 1: Not so. Since nineteen thirty nine LIBS has been around, I'm pretty sure I've seen cakes from them. They have Kosher of a Passover. I have to tell you, the Kosher of a Passover cakes are some of the best baked products somehow, like the Rainbow cookies are my favorite. They taste like delicious Italian rainbow cookies.
Speaker 2: They should make that a serious Oh.
Speaker 1: Jesus H sorry, I shouldn't say that in this episode. But look, they look exactly the same. No, no, no, no, it comes another traffic light. I wonder if it's the same company light. I wonder if it's the same I'm wondering if it's the same company. But they just use different names, I'm telling you. And also there's no blue or purple in here, so that picture is not to scale, I know, so hold on. It says product of Israel, distributed by Lever's Chocolate and Food Products. Also Bao, New Jersey. I'm telling you, these are all made in the same They're all made in the same factory. I'm getting a headache, quite honest with you. Let's pour some far Farmland Fresh dairies.
Speaker 2: It's the only thing that's making the cereal.
Speaker 1: Produced fat milk. Here you go, buddy. You don't even need a new spoon because it's gonna taste the same. But here's a news spoon, buddy. Dot No, they look identical. I mean, they're a big giant, big giant. You're shaking while you're.
Speaker 2: It's so bad.
Speaker 1: You ready, here we go. There's no fruit smell whatsoever. I got red green and yellows to traffic light for me. Oh my god, if your soul crunking, I gotta say it tastes slightly different. But it's this is this is giving, this is giving Catalina crunch, It's giving all those horrible bean type cereals. No, huh oh, I'm I'm this episode has put me through the ring. I'm sorry, but also one spoon. It's just horrific. No, and Andrew gives it a vomit.
Speaker 2: I can't do this anymore. Wow, this was the worst episode of my life.
Speaker 1: Well, I kind of wish I had Masa and Butter to give you right now, because that would redeem myself. Right.
Speaker 3: Remember when I started the episode with joy the saying that I enjoyed pass over stones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, I should have brought you some chocolate covered marshmallows, some chocolate covered jelly circle rings. Those are delicious.
Speaker 2: What the hell?
Speaker 1: Look, We've had way better passover cereals. These last two suck like I'm sorry. I wish I would have flip flopped them. So the third one was good.
Speaker 2: I feel so just like.
Speaker 1: Robbed.
Speaker 2: I feel so.
Speaker 1: Like a life has been sucked out of your body. Anyway, I literally have been wretching the past. I'm sorry. I wish I had another one to give you that could.
Speaker 2: No, please keep it to yourself. If it's anything like these, you could keep them.
Speaker 3: I can only imagine how much more discussing a chocolate version of this would be.
Speaker 1: Are you worried you orderan today?
Speaker 2: I am?
Speaker 3: Are you sure it's my breath from the first Yeah, yep, it's spectacular, great time.
Speaker 1: Anyway, thank you so much for listening to this episode that we will now title pass these over.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please don't use the lad's name in vain, especially in this episode. Oh it's g dash d. Oh sorry, that's how we were always taught to write it in Hebrew school dash d and then I got suspended.
Speaker 2: In Catholic school. You could. It was like it fluctuated. Sometimes they wouldn't say it, sometimes you would.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, they'd say it, but you can't write it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we're yeah the dash.
Speaker 1: So anyway, thank you for listening to Serial Killers. Andrew's so sorry. This was the worst episode of all. Oh no, no, no, We've had worse bro, there's worse. Please follow us.
Speaker 2: Ever had two vomits in a row?
Speaker 1: I don't know about that. We're gonna have to check it. Uh Newman, Please let us know if we had more than one vomit in an episode. I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 2: I gotta start putting together. We got to bring back. This year is the year we have to bring back the spoonies.
Speaker 3: We have elevated. We have to figure it out. But I'm telling you from now.
Speaker 1: We should bring We should call them four keys though, like fork them, like there should be the four kis for the bad signals great, like the raspberries for the bad movies.
Speaker 3: We have enough people that will join and be correspondent for this year's shoes.
Speaker 2: Yes that was Those two are going in the worst.
Speaker 1: But now I now my mouth feels like I have potato lazed potato chips stuck in my teeth.
Speaker 2: That's what just laid potato chip. Be honest. Sour cream and onion you have that.
Speaker 1: I don't taste that.
Speaker 3: I don't taste that, then you're crazy. That is disgusting. I hate sour cream and onion chips. I hate them that Like this, I don't.
Speaker 1: Calm down, knock our banner down. It's held up with pushpins. We need a better mounting system.
Speaker 2: We need a whole better studio.
Speaker 3: We did just a little closet surrounded by old expired cereals. Listen, please follow us terrifying anytime we have guests like Mark, do you want to record with us?
Speaker 1: Mark Sommers was in here last week or two weeks ago, you know, from double there, and he's like hardcore, what is O C D O C D the one where you're like, yeah, O C D O C D. And also it's not you know, He's like, I don't. I can't have like unorganized, messy things. I'm like, I would love for you to come take a pro in our studio, but I'm not sure if you will survive if you walk in.
Speaker 2: You got to fix it.
Speaker 1: And he's like, no, it's okay. So he took a picture here. It was kind of cool. Check our instagram we'll see that at serial Killers PC and please follow our friends from Farmland Fresh Dairies on Instagram at Farmland Fresh Dairies.
Speaker 2: We're going to the plants we are it is.
Speaker 1: Definitely happening next month, and check out the website serial KILLERSPC dot com. You can see all the vomit cereals that we've.
Speaker 2: Had, bad, bad, bad bad bad. I hated this episode.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry, and we're gonna do our best to give you a bowl chat at some point this week.
Speaker 2: I have to. I think by now I would.
Speaker 1: Yes, please, this is this is week's already all right, So thank you so much and have a wonderful rest of your week and until we see you next time, say Crunch Andrew.
Speaker 2: Also third Mic.
Speaker 1: Yes, Jeff keeps working on got it Working