Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of The Weekly Zeitgeist. Uh these are some of our favorite segments from this week, all edited together into one NonStop infotainment laugh stravaganza. Uh yeah. So, without further ado, here is the Weekly.
Speaker 2: Zeitgeist speaking of art, speaking of people who win awards for their art. Yeah, unlike us, we're merely we make up awards that our moms gave us. But we still I hold on Mommy's Best Best Little Boy Award nineteen ninety four with high regard. It was on my tenth birthday. But our guest, I want a micy last year you did. Yeah, wait, none of the mic Wait I'm just gonna interject. What's a micy?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What is a Mikey?
Speaker 4: So it's any uh medium where you use a microphone to amplify your voice. So I won in the in the short form stand up comedy three minute category. Had a good, good, good story something I want a Mikey for it.
Speaker 3: First off, congrats? Second off, how many awards there are? Like if if you do anything, you can get a trophy for that thing. Hell yeah, I'm about to go and globe for a podcast this next year. Hell yeah, wait you just wait, you might as well by doing that, I will beg my mother.
Speaker 2: Okay, how I got all my words?
Speaker 4: I remember when Webbys were a joke where it's like you got a Webby, and now it's a thing people dress up for.
Speaker 3: I go, oh, yeah, no, Like I I won a Webby last year. I was like, I think I see a Webby. Right, I'm right there, you got a Webby, right, Like it's like you're in the same room with like like I was in the same room with like Governor Christy Nome. Uh no, not Christie Nome, Governor Qutchen Whimmer. You mean stone b Yeah no, I was like a good governor, yeah, Gretchen Winner. Like it's like it's you're basically at a party where you're in the same room as like I don't know, Julia Lei Strefus, Gretchen Whitmer. Also the guy that runs the ar p tro Twitter account of like everybody on the Wendy's Twitter account. Yeah. Really, it's it's very it's very fun. You should go well andres to you. That voice is from one of our favorite guests. He's a comedian, he's a writer, he's a director, he's Emmy nominated. Okay, yeah, as up two weeks ago. Peabody nominated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Awards.
Speaker 3: Nominated.
Speaker 2: That's that's fucking impressive. Congratulations, we didn't win, just nominated, Joey, fuck you, okay, because I'll never get a Peabody Award nomination. And that's fucking sick. Brou Yeah, you're not hang your hang your hat on that man. That's fucking amazing. Uh. And I didn't mean to get as by.
Speaker 3: Fuck you, bro, No, I deserve it. You were right to do that anyway.
Speaker 2: The thing that he won a web before God Native created directed wrote all of that. He's also a fantastic Garfield fan. I mean, we were lucky enough that this man went to the Garfield was a Motel six. Actually, yeah, you know, he's done it all. He's a cat man. He's a cat daddy after all of our hearts. Please welcome to the microphone Joey Cliff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. I'm Joey Cliff aka Psych Gang. You got what I need? They say. I'm Joey Cliff and my name is Joey Cliff.
Speaker 2: Oh, zichang, you got what I need?
Speaker 3: This course is long. I'm just gonna keep going. They say, I'm Joey Cliff and my name is Joey Cliff.
Speaker 2: Oh zychang you go keep go?
Speaker 3: Oh got what I need? Yeah, yeah, you get. And that was thank you very much to me. Five minutes before recording this, when I was like.
Speaker 5: Oh shit, like hosts have to do songs on this, I gotta panic, like if there's always there's always app where Like I basically just google like three minutes for recording, just like what is a song?
Speaker 3: I'm just like and then I go through a listen. I'm just like I compared to you that within two seconds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rest in peace, Biz Marquis. We honor him every day through this, every single day, every single day.
Speaker 3: Also, today is a National Nurses Day, so shout out to nurses. It's nurses Week, right yeah, yes, yes, and man, every day is nurse the day?
Speaker 2: To me? Thank you? No yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: I think I'm just I'm brave enough to say, you know, yep, some one had to be I get it.
Speaker 2: Oh you know why because Monday technically recording this Monday, That's why. And I was Tuesday. Sorry, sorry, so I'm not.
Speaker 3: Going to play well in an audio meeting. But I'm wearing a shirt right now that says fuck Garfield's on Old English or mondays on in Old English. And that's a picture of Garfield.
Speaker 2: Rights. That's fantastic.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a great Yeah, people know what day it is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need like oinions about that day. We need Luigi Mangioni Garfield mash up tea you know what I mean? That would fucking do numbers where.
Speaker 3: Garfield just shoots a calendar with the word Monday on it.
Speaker 2: Or it looks like that CCTV footage of the hit and it's just like but as Garfield said, like yeah.
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 2: Search history? You guys.
Speaker 6: I hate to say it, but I'm still looking at a small convertibles and I just checked out a BMWZ three that's forty two hundred dollars, And then I had to look up what a rebuilt title means, and I don't think I should buy that car.
Speaker 2: What is a rebuilt title?
Speaker 7: It's worse than salvage.
Speaker 2: Jesus, what's that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: So yeah, what does that mean exactly?
Speaker 7: I think it just means that the car was entirely destroyed.
Speaker 8: I don't know how they got this thing look, it's so amazing, but the car looks goddamn great. But uh yeah, you know what they say, if it's too good to be true, then it's probably great, right, isn't that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I see. It's when a car was previously deemed a total loss by an insurance company and then given a salvage title, but was later repaired and deemed roadworthy. Yeah, hell yeah, road worthy is all I need to hear. Seaworthy, road worthy, James worthy.
Speaker 1: They open their sales pitch with have you ever heard of the thought experiment? The ship of theseus?
Speaker 2: So this was a total ship?
Speaker 3: Is it even really that same car? Way?
Speaker 7: So it defies philosophy.
Speaker 2: Let me just sit down with you for good forty five minutes. Is it the same car? Yeah, it's the same fucked up car actually.
Speaker 1: But so you got your eye on a small little convertible.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I want a convertible hot rod coop while I live in Los Angeles. I want like a cheap little convertible to drive around. It just seems fun to me and of the age where I'm like, it's definitely a mid life crisis. But again, like, is it a I've had a crisis before this isn't a crisis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like it's a hobby, a hobby, mid life jaunt, midlife little adventure.
Speaker 7: Thank you guys for supporting this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, exactly. As someone who just started DJing again, I'm not going to shoot on anybody's new midlife Yeah.
Speaker 9: I say.
Speaker 7: The problem is when you work DJing, you know it was no.
Speaker 2: I mean it's funny. I always qualify when people like, oh, what even up to I'm like, I actually started DJing, Like what. So many people go, oh, I'm so sorry for your wife, and I'm like, what the fuck.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Actually, you guys I used to dj Vinyl like they weren't your friends then they weren't your friends. You don't need friends like that, we're your only friends.
Speaker 2: But I do need my mother. She says it the most. Your mom is like, oh my god. Again, of the all.
Speaker 1: The people I know who have tried their hand at DJing, you you have earned it. You know music, well we have. Actually it makes sense.
Speaker 2: And it's like Daniel DJ, producer editor, Justin DJ and the d who have also been pivotal in my in my road back to DJing, So shout out to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, small convert I'm just picturing you tearing around the PCH and a small convertible, listening to the boys songs about tearing around the PCH and a small convertible.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, yeah, it's only yeah, it's only fifty surf rock for me.
Speaker 2: That's oh yeah.
Speaker 1: What is something that you think is underrated?
Speaker 9: Shauna smacking people in the mouth underrated?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 9: I think more people need to be popped in their mouth for stuff. Yep, I just yeah, people getting a little bit too mouthy.
Speaker 2: Who needs an adjustment? Here's that inspired you talk to someone who need an adjustment?
Speaker 9: Gesture broadly, governments everywhere, people on the internet. I don't know, sometimes my mom whatever.
Speaker 3: That doesn't happen enough.
Speaker 9: You know, people don't need to get bullied physically bullied. This online bullying stuff. Sure it makes es up your mental but all you gotta do is punch somebody in their mouth and you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it is the cuffs. People always say they're like, oh, you can tell this person has never been smacked in their mind.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. You are out of pocket. You need to be slapped really hard on camera.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like Stephen Miller has never been popped. No, because he's.
Speaker 1: Just shocking, right, one of the most smackable mouths.
Speaker 2: Yes, you too, Like there's there's grimy kids that go to Samo. Also like there you might fuck around and find out, but I guess not for Stephen Miller.
Speaker 9: So man, he needs to get somebody with some temp, some dusty tims.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, or somebody give him a three hundred milligram edible ooh and and be like bye bye.
Speaker 9: Oh what happens? Three hundred sounds like a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, he will turn into a Chevy Chase, or he will revert to his final.
Speaker 1: Form, blow some toad venom in his face, you know, like one of those just like super intense, like entire ego dissolving, you know, like just dose them with ayahuasca. Yeah real, yeah, here rose dose and then just follow him as he like tries to like find a place to be by himself, and like put a therapist in there with him. Yeah, yeah, who knows what's going on?
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 9: They're both bad.
Speaker 1: Also, Friendship has a great has a great ayahuasca scene that Oh really, I'm excited. I'm excited for you to see it. Mouth is that on.
Speaker 2: It? Is not on yet.
Speaker 1: It's probably heading there at some point. But yeah, what's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 10: You know this, this will be I didn't realize this would be relevant because I didn't realize it was pizza party day. But I think pizza topics are overrated. I think the ideal version of pizza is a cheese pizza, and I think you throw some topics on there, especially too many toppings. I'll give you, like you want to do pepperoni, that's fine, but if you start throwing shit on there, it's like do you like pizza?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: What are we are you?
Speaker 10: It feels overcompensating, Like can we just not enjoy the beauty? The perfection, in my opinion, that is crust, sauce, and cheese.
Speaker 2: We need to we need to fuck with this. It's perfect, and we should.
Speaker 1: Mention that you are Kevin McAllister as an adult. You are a grown up Kevin McAllister from homeown. Yes, that's a confusing people. People don't realize this. I changed my name.
Speaker 10: But yeah, that was a documentary that this guy, damed Christopher Columbus came to UH, came to America and he came to my house.
Speaker 2: He told me. Yeah, I told Hi, wouldn't it be cool if I was a ghost that haunted this family?
Speaker 1: And it's like, I think this is for really good pizza. I agree with this for really good like New York City slices. When I'm like trying to I've heard a place is really good, the first thing I'm getting is for sure Domino's pizza. I want something to distract me from the Domino's pizza. Throw throw some toppings on. Yeah, they're not gonna be super high, and it's gonna also need need some topics.
Speaker 10: I feel like my argument then is just don't go somewhere else. If you're trying to disguise that you're eating garbage, that's a sign.
Speaker 2: I think there's levels to it, right, It's like Taco bell is in Mexican food, but it's Taco Bell and I with it, and Pizza Hut it's pizza. But I'm never gonna be like that's and if you want to slice, go to Pizza Hut. So like, you know, you adjust based on what's available to you, you know, because I'd like to know buy like a New York thing. It just takes too it's too much time. They don't have coupons and ship like pizza.
Speaker 10: They have an app that tracks if Johnny is putting the pizza the exactly.
Speaker 2: And you don't get a free inflatable street basketball during March Madness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where's my Happy Meal toy? Don't Happy Meal Toys.
Speaker 2: Collection of March Madness basketball? They used to give you a pizza hut.
Speaker 10: No one is acknowledging that I read a book.
Speaker 2: I get nothing, and that's why I don't with Prime Pizza. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like I feel similarly about like ice cream toppings, Like you know, like I'm really great. If you're like, this is a great ice cream place, I'll get I'll get a basic ass flavor to like just enjoy the ice cream. But if you know Ben and Jerry's or something like that, like chunk that thing up, distract me. You really make my mouth feel like it's on an adventure.
Speaker 4: Are you saying you don't like Ben and Jerry's.
Speaker 2: I like Ben and Jerry's, but it's not like something it needs. There's already it's chop full of stuff.
Speaker 1: No, that's what I mean. I mean, like the toppings that are mixed, the mixing.
Speaker 2: See, I don't consider that to be a top.
Speaker 10: That's I consider that to be part of the ice cream.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about like sprinkles some more, Yeah.
Speaker 10: Putting sprinkles, put in worms, putting you know, oreo crumbles. Like I say, go with the ice cream that you want, like, because there's enough options.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 10: It's not like you have to plus up ice cream. It's not you have to find a way to make the only available flavor tasty. It's like you can. Yeah, when you go to the ice cream place, you can use all these options then to go like, well, let's put some rainbow sprinkles on top of perfect ice cream.
Speaker 2: I mean even when I get frozen yogurt and everyone looks at me like I'm a fucking murderer because topics none, none, none, I'm just like thank you. Yeah, like the top I'm like, no, no, no, I don't need them, don't need them.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I have overdone it at frozen yogurt places to a level where I'm like, I'm gonna need to take out a loan on this.
Speaker 2: This is funny. I am upside out on this.
Speaker 1: Thing, Like how did I spend forty my eyeballs and gummy bears? How heavy these fucking you only got a little bit of frozen You're like, yeah, dude, and then you get a ton of gummy bears and they charge you for the topic price.
Speaker 10: It's still a lot, dude, So bad? No, I don't know if this is a system that you've cracked. It kind of seems like you're crying bears at how much is that cup of gummy bears?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 2: Like eighteen bucks?
Speaker 1: A tiny bull of gummy bears for eighteen bucks?
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back, and we're back. Let me just question if someone offered you a four hundred million dollars jet for Actually, let me make this more realistic for something that happened to is if someone offered you a free Disney Plus subscription for a year, would you think there were strings attacks?
Speaker 3: Do I know this person?
Speaker 9: Am?
Speaker 2: I like?
Speaker 3: Is it like a roommate or a friend or is this just somebody off the street.
Speaker 2: No, I mean it's some one you know about and they're kind of you, They're they don't have the best best reputation out.
Speaker 3: Is this like a foreign government offering this to me?
Speaker 2: Sure, let's go with that. Yeah, let's say Katar is offering free membership. Yeah, I would at least ask follow up questions, Yeah, what kind of guy is Qatar? Like if we know about this guy, like a nice guy or he said something like his uncle works at Disney, That's why he got all these freetions. So I'm not asking any questions anyway. All let's say, so, over the weekend, we find out that Trump potentially will be accepting a new Boeing jet from the Katari royal family to replace Air Force one. It has been described as a quote flying palace fit for a like a head of state and only costs like four hundred million dollars. It's not bad. Yeah, that's I don't know. I mean, don't you need to spend at least like five hundred million for like one of these? Yeah, it's cheap.
Speaker 3: So something that I think is like so funny about Trump as a person is that he will accept anything if you frame it in a way where it sounds fancy. You could give him like an outhouse and say, like, I don't know, it's like it's the.
Speaker 2: Rolelex of outhouses. You'd be like, I mean, you.
Speaker 3: Know, so it's like if so being a flying palace that feels like that's them framing it as a way to get him to say yes to no.
Speaker 2: Like apparently he's like he took a tour all these other people, Like this fucking thing is obscene, Like it's just kitted out to the fucking maximum. I know he would be like, this is an Andy Gump. They say the rules voice of shit boxes, and I've got one, I've got two. Actually that's what I'm like.
Speaker 4: It has the nicest spyware embedded in it, Yeah, microphones.
Speaker 2: And the thing I'm like, isn't this an ethical creates a conflict of interest and or a security risk? Oh I wasn't reverencing and or the Disney Plus. That wasn't a call back to the Disney Plus thing. Ah. The answers are yes, yes and yes.
Speaker 3: Oh no, actually no, don't don't worry, Miles, don't worry. I've looked into the It's actually not against the law because they're not giving it to him. They're giving it to his presidential library, all right, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's giving to his presidential library and he's going to use it while he's president, and then afterwards he's also going to use it until he dies. And then it's gonna live in his presidential library. So completely above board, don't wor Yeah, yeah, because he's gonna have a library because he can in the library without books in it.
Speaker 2: And they've saved all the library and I mean they've saved all relevant documents, which which would even necessitate having a presidential library. Yeah, they're getting around this by saying it's a gift technically to the Department of Defense, right, and it's not for Trump obviously we're helping out there. It's that they a lot of you are saying, like they were negotiating the Qatar was like, you know what, dude, just you guys, just have it, man, fuck it, it's yours, zoo keep it, what do nothing nothing. Pam Bondi, who is the Attorney General and former registered Katari lobbyist, okay, she wrote a memo basically being like, yeah, it's all good. It's all good. I don't see anything I think we can get. I think we can get. The legally is all worked out on. This should be a totally fine. Seems like a very transparent deal. I just want to fucking just illuminate Pam Bondi's relationship with the government of Qatar. She worked as a foreign lobbiest for the nation, earning one hundred and fifteen thousand dollars a month in the role, which she held in twenty twenty and into the run up of the World Cup in twenty twenty two. In this role, she lobbied Congress on behalf of katar interests. So pretty I think that's that's seamless, I think. And I'm really happy for him that he will get this jet.
Speaker 3: But once again he isn't getting the jet the Department of Defense, thank you. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, you know, America is not cocked. America is not cooked yet. Okay, DoD is accepting it on his behalf.
Speaker 2: What are you going to say? Now, we're going to further besmirch this country's good name.
Speaker 4: Oh, just the Qatar when it was leading up to the World Cup, when the migrant workers were dying by the hundreds, right in poor working conditions in Qatar, when they were stadiums, she said, when she was being paid all that money, it's yes, yeah, to drop them up.
Speaker 2: Probably turn a blind eye, yeah, not to mention their you know, hostility towards anyone who is not straight. Yeah, yeah, right, yeah, that too. There's a lot a lot of stuff, a lot of stuff there, a lot of stuff there. But so anyway, right now, with the current Air Force ones, there's two that are in service, and they've been in service since nineteen ninety and they're constantly being rotated out for maintenance and apparently they ordered a new one but it's being delayed till twenty twenty seven. And you know that's when the guitars are like, what's that? Are you got?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 2: Guys need a plane to carry the most personal, the power, molest powerful person on earth around? Do we got them for you? For like free ninety nine? Dude, just take it. You're gonna love it.
Speaker 4: I heard this air Force one actually has arch support.
Speaker 2: Stupid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was about to say this air Force one. So if air Force one, the current one, has been in service since nineteen ninety, what do we think the chances of the Cherry Pop and Daddy's being on that plane is pretty bit Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they'll be there.
Speaker 3: They'll be there with smash Mouth ever hanging on that jet.
Speaker 2: Maybe. Yeah, yep, Zootsuit Riot. They loved him for that song because like we love the we love the actual historical event that song. What's that? Don't wikipedia unless unless you want to know about brutalizing Mexican Americans.
Speaker 3: Anyway, that's a whole America overrated.
Speaker 2: America overrated. And then we have big, big, fucking wait was that big bad voodoo daddy who did zootsuit right? Or cherry everyone was a fucking daddy.
Speaker 3: Poppet and there was a squirrel something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I was just thinking, like, if a foreign government is giving you a vehicle to carry the head of state who clearly has shady dealings, like as it's tied to, you know, other terrorist organizations in the region, I'm like, at a minimum, like even with my first grade narrative brain on them, like, aren't they like worried like that that whole plane is that sh it's going to be like miked up like more than like an NBA Finals game, And like what how are I mean? I get that then the US will do what they need to do to put in all this like security shit in there. But I'm like, is isn't that a is that not a concern? Or They're like we'll find it if there's anything, and even if we find something, will act like this was all good and.
Speaker 4: Well, they have of things where it goes bpppppppppp. You know, yeah, there's people, there's a microphone in it, so it's just an extra work. But yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: It turns out not everyone is pleased with this revelation on the right, specifically Laura Lumer, the fucking weird Trump whisperer who's emerged over the last year, who's just a violent islamophobe. She tweeted, quote, I love President Trump. I would take a bullet for him, but I have to call a spade a spade. We cannot accept a four hundred million dollars gift from gee hottists in suits. Then goes on to do a bunch of like gee hottest stuff talking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess, like, which of that sentence, which of those things do you think she's most offended by.
Speaker 2: That's the thing, right, the money thing or the people of color full thing is that she hates Muslim people. So it's not a total shock that she's more upset at him transacting with the Qataris than the naked corruption of it all. But even other people are like, yeah, I mean, like she's right for the wrong reasons. But either way, it's it's all wrong. You don't this is this, This reeks of a bribe with wings on it. But again, the deal is still being considered, so right now, I think the White House is still figuring out how to message this bribe once it becomes official. Trump tried to explain like why he got it, like some angry dad talking about like how it was like a couple of big screen TVs that fell off the truck or something. This is him explaining, Yeah, it's it's fucking fine, it's fine. Here he is talking getting mad at ABC fake news for even asking you this was there was any fake Yeah, if there's any dimension of improm the rudest news that's ever news exactly. People who knew that luxury jet as a personal get to you, why not leave it by her vision news?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 4: Well a few of you would, let me tell you, you.
Speaker 3: Should be embarrassed asking that question. They're giving us a free jet. I could say, no, no, no, don't give us.
Speaker 2: I want to pay you a billion or four hundred million or whatever it is.
Speaker 3: Or I could say thank you very much. You know, there's an old golfer named Sam Snee.
Speaker 2: Did you okay?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: So that went on for fifty more minutes.
Speaker 2: The references, he goes out, He's like, they used to this old golfer. He said, you know he won many, many and many tournaments. And they say, when they give you a putt, you say, thank you very much. You take the putt. Okay, a lot of stupid people they want to pay for it. You don't do that. Like his whole thing is like, if they want to give you a free jet, you take the jet. What do you mean, there's nothing, no, no further questions, my honor. It's a free jet. Let's go, kids, So I hop on your feet. I found I just found this out like a couple months ago. Apparently in the early two thousands, Trump tried to start a casino with my tribe. Like he literally met with my tribe in southern Washington state to start like a Trump Cowletz casino. And there's like there's like an article in this newspaper couple Clumbian about it. You can pull it up, but there's literally a picture of what the Trump Cowletz casino would have looked like. And apparently he like showed up and actually like physically like went to southern Washington, met with my tribe, and we're a small tribe.
Speaker 3: There's are like five thousand people. And he made all the elders of my tribe drink out of Trump branded water bottles and then wanted a lot of money to essentially just give us his name for the casino.
Speaker 2: And he wanted to.
Speaker 3: Do no other work other than that. But it's like, if you pull up the picture of the Trump Calets casino, what it would have looked like. Just search like Trump cawts it like it looks it looks like back to the Future. To Biff, like casino, it looks like Rainbow Road. Yes, fucked up capitalist acid trip.
Speaker 4: These colors don't exist, by the way, these colors truly.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Blake. These colors don't run.
Speaker 4: No, they don't do not. Here's here's a goofy question. Maybe, but what does And this might be a dumb question, but Trump doesn't he fly on his Trump plane? Like does he fly is that Air Force one?
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, Yeah, he flies on a Yeah, trumps the color scheme in Air Force one right his last time in office, because he was like it's not gudy enough, but crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that he flies that he flies on that like Trump jet. I think when he was like in the camp from twenty twenty to twenty twenty four, he flew on that. But now presumably since like he's being gifted this jet after he leaves off Department of Defense. Ye gifted, thank you, thank He's going to borrow it, he'll jet yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: But then it's like he's like he was said another thing. He's like, why would people be mad? This is a gift to the American people, And it's like, what does that mean? We get that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh good?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Could he sign up? Is there a sign up?
Speaker 4: Gaps? The waitless? It's long as shit, but we will get on it. I'm flying and add a new work on it.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, Yeah, you're like good luck, bro. Yeah, if you really want to go check it out. You're flying out of New York Liberty. Yeah, so we will see. I mean, this is ongoing, but it's everything. Like even Caroline Levitt, like when even asked on Fox or like if there's any worry that like they're gonna want something in return, She's like, uh no, everyone knows Trump does everything for the American people and not for himself. You're like his sons are there getting so much money from all these golf states. Right now, Trump's about to go to the Gulf States and basically do money begging to all of these people in a second. So sure we'll see it's all for the American people. Very quickly, though, I just want to touch on uh, doctor Brainworm's actually not a doctor. We'll just call him RFK Junior. The measles outbreak in this country has hit another grim milestone, over one thousand cases now, mostly in Texas. This hasn't happened in thirty years since we've had anything like this, because presumably we were all most of us are on the same page that scientists and doctors know what they're talking about as it relates to, you know, preventing illnesses anyway. Meanwhile, RFK Junior continues to obviously just push like fake cures and only pretend that vaccines are the actual best way to prevent your child from getting measles again, only pretending he'll say it and then immediately turn around and tell you to take like so many vitamins. That's how, that's how you'll prevent everything. So over the weekend, all we got from the death is our was a quote where he like, while all this is happening, you're like, maybe he'll say something. He was on like a panel on Fox News, and he basically was like, anti vaxxers are treated like fucking lepers, and it's really unfair, And he bemoaned the lack of compassion from health professionals for people who are anti vacs to be like, why are us, the people who are not protecting ourselves from preventable illness, being treated like people who may be carrying a preventable illness. I don't understand. It's not fair. We're just merely asking questions that I am people.
Speaker 4: Sick, blackout, drunk, went on a plane and was vomiting everywhere, and people were frowning at me. They were like they were saying, like, you know, it was I was treated like shit, it was crazy. No one would sit next to me. I don't like, get say what it is.
Speaker 2: Twenty first century leper. That's exactly what I am. That's exactly way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've never heard of a bigger story of oppression. Blake, I am so sorry.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry I had to bring it up. Can we edit it out because I feel okay, I'm.
Speaker 2: So sorry that you guys are allowed to continue to spread preventable illnesses.
Speaker 3: My god, my god, I really hate that we live in a time right now where I have to be hyper aware of what I've been vaccinated against. Yeah, we're just sort of like like I was, I was in New Zealand recently, and I was like, and when you travel you have to like figure out your vaccine record. I'm just like, oh, do I have to get like vaccinated again for measles? Like I don't know polio A vaccines for that we're doing. Yeah, it's like what is what's coming back? What's coming back that I have to like make sure I'm covered. You got to re up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, what do I have to up for? That's like, yeah, the next doctor's visit. I'm like, hey, man, you need to re up while you're here. Yeah, I guess. So, yeah, we're gonna give you Unfortunately we thought you we only had to give you these shots when you're a child, but yeah, you will need to be coming in every six years now for these And then so he also celebrated I'm assuming he celebrated this measles milestone by going for a swim in DC's Rock Creek, which if you have ever been to you know that is not a place to swim. It's actually technically illegal to swim in it because it is so chalk full of bacteria. According to the National Park Service, swimming and waiting are not allowed due to high bacteria levels. Swimming has been illegal in most of DC's water rays since the nineteen seventies, largely because of contamination from the aging sewer system, though there have been recent efforts to roll back the five decade prohibition, and it's rarely reinforced. It's rarely enforced, so people like brain worms can go take a dip with their grandkids. But yeah, they're just saying, like even they're like, don't even let your pets in the water.
Speaker 3: Hey, just just correcting you. It's not illegal because he didn't swim in the water. The Department of Defense swam in the water.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, exactly, healthy Human Services.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not a guy, I'm a department, Yes, idiot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm it's just wild. I'm like, he must miss that brain worm so damn bad that he will do anything to be reunited, including forcing his grandchildren to swim in a body of water. Fucking known for having way too much poop and e colie in it. That's the way. That's a love language, I guess. But I also feel like it's probably like another like a statement obviously, because that's what all these people do, and they're like, oh, guess what all the things they said were unsafe? Those were lies? What else were lies? Then I'm swimming in poop creek? I mean, like, I think he's doing the things like look at what all the mean scientists say that being in water contaminated with sewage is bad, but look at me? But yeah, I don't know if that's a thing. Every day people are like dialed into just like yearning, like being like, yeah, thanks RFK, When can I go swim in that local body of water that for generations everyone in town knows is disgusting because it's a shit cocktail? Yes? When? When? So?
Speaker 3: Something that Trump is doing a lot right now is he's renaming a lot of things, like you know, the Gulf of Mexico to the Gulf of America. He's renaming Mount Denali and Alaska back to mountmckimley. Yeah, and I really it's very annoying, But I really wish that he would rename things in fun ways, like renaming that poop Creek. That'd be very fun.
Speaker 2: Poop Creek's great, Poop Creek's great. I think it would bring. It has to either be like total revision of history kind of shit like for him, or so America centric, like idiocracy America centric, like it'll be like oh yeah, yeah, yeah, that thing where we'll acknowledge what the thing is actually called, dude to like the indigenous people that live there. No, no, no, the the one of the worst presidents ever that fucked the economy up with tariffs, William McKinley.
Speaker 4: My fuck right, Yeah, that's Burger Mountain actually, you know exactly Hamburger Creek.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I guess that. I want stupider names.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah. He's like Milwaukee, what about milk Shakey like that. That's that's all good. We're taking back every name. It's it was named after a Confederate Double down on it, double down on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He just renames Oregon to like the quarter pounder state or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like Oregon. He's like, look, who was down with slavery back in the day.
Speaker 3: Maybe I feel like you can say that about the names of most states.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. That's true. Oh, man, isn't it? Great boy named Sioux City, Iowa.
Speaker 3: City once again America, a little over rated.
Speaker 2: A little bit, a little bit. Little Caesar's perfectly rangel, little Caesar. And that means we're gonna take a quick break. It will be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 1: We're back, and so up first we got this as as we mentioned, Warner Brothers Discovery just announced that the streaming service Max will now be known as HBO Max aka the thing it was already fucking called before they changed the name to Max.
Speaker 2: What the fuck is the this Hollywood reporter, The Hollywood reporter kind of ate on this sentience and they're right up of the thing.
Speaker 1: Originally, the service launches HBO Max in twenty twenty and twenty twenty three, the company controversially changed the streaming service to simply Max, ditching the most venerated network brand name in television in television in favor of the most popular name for male dogs.
Speaker 9: Max.
Speaker 2: Come here, Max. Oh, that's the name of Maxew McConaughey's dog in a Time to Kill Oh, when they burned his house down and he's like back And then Oliver Platt is like Max is dead. Oh shoot, I imagine he's white. Yeah, what the dog? You just keep saying that, man.
Speaker 7: Every dog is white.
Speaker 2: But to be honest, also like that name too, I remember, I guess it's like a millennial. I also associate Max with like Cinemax, and I was like, that's what I thought it was.
Speaker 1: I thought it was like HBO and Cinemax together. Yeah, now you know you're in trouble, HBO Max. And they were like, let's change it to just Max because they probably like focus grouped it, like had some misguided focus group testing. Like I love the story of a New Coke because it's just like such a great illustration of like how dumb these people are who like run these massive corporations and like you know, give themselves credit. They'll like rewrite their own story about like well, like I invented all this like back in you know, back in a garage somewhere. It's like all completely made up bullshit. Oh like one of twenty people, they ended up winning the corporate power struggle to be the CEO and then like wrote everybody else out of the picture, Like that's how it always works. But they tell the story like their fucking you know, Horatio Alger pulling themselves up by the bootstraps, and the reality is like that it's just people in a boardroom like trying to stay awake. They're so bored and coming up with like the dumbest fucking decisions. Like the new Coke thing was based on they kept like Pepsi put out this ad where they were like three out of four people like Pepsi better and taste tests, and the way they did the taste test was they did little shot class you know, Dixie cups of the flavors and like that's so Pepsi just like made that up, and you know it was probably true, and so Coke was like, we gotta, we gotta get ahead of this taste test thing and made new Coke, which beat Pepsi in the little taste tests, but nobody would drink it because it was only good if you took a single sip of it. If you took multiple SIPs of it, you would be like, my teeth feel like they're fucking.
Speaker 2: Vibrating because they put so much sugar.
Speaker 1: And it was yeah, yeah, this was a thing, but yeah that that would actually be smart if they were like what if we just like got back to our roots and use some of that lobbying money that we that we used to make America ignore the obesity epidemic. But yeah, so they just like didn't. They had to, They had to go back on it because it like wasn't a thing that people liked drinking anywhere except in focus group tests. It's just like, I'm sure there's something similar here where Like they got people who are like, do you like the word Max or HBO Max? And the people were like, I don't know, like Max, I guess I don't like like just probably a misguided like some misguided.
Speaker 2: Like I think research. It feels like abby idea that the guy would be like, yeah, dude, Like again, just like how the Hollywood reporter is talking about like one of the most like you know, recognizable names in television entertainment and you go, don't need to lead with that, lead with a nebulous word like.
Speaker 1: Max, we're bigger than HBO.
Speaker 2: We're bigger, right, well, I think because that was the thing, right, they're mashing up Discovery Channel with all that. Now you can get ninety day fiance on Max, right, you know, And like they're like, so we don't want to confuse people, but I think people were more confused when the HBO name dropped out and they're like, well, where do I get HBO? Then? Right?
Speaker 9: I think the worst part too, was like we were hoping you guys would like fix the app or when you like hit the rewind, but you didn't shut down the entire app. Sorry, no, Like why didn't you focus on making sure it functioned appropriately?
Speaker 2: Like change?
Speaker 9: You hit rewind like ten seconds and the whole thing would just shut down. You're like, great, I guess I can't watch Natalie Grace.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Have you seen the dramatized version of that.
Speaker 9: I started watching at the end of the day. I couldn't.
Speaker 2: I can't bring myself to watch it because the real thing is so fucking wild. I'm like, I do not need a dramatization when there's a full blown documentary when you can look these people in their faces.
Speaker 9: Twelve episodes. Yeah, it's no, I couldn't watch it. But if on Max you wanted to go back and catch something she said, it would just shut down the whole thing. And they're like, let's just change the name and the color.
Speaker 2: I like the purple. Yeah, you know, it's funny. I'm pretty sure I still have that like dead app on my phone.
Speaker 9: Yep, I do, yay, keep it.
Speaker 2: I'm still with you, I am. It's weird. I'm like, I'm like, I got so many dead ass for I got Flappy Bird on this motherfucker? What's that? That was that game that got taken off the app story years ago and people were like selling phones with it on it to be like I need flatby Bird?
Speaker 9: What do you do on there?
Speaker 2: It was just like you tap the thing and the bird flaps and goes high or lower and there's like obstacles like a side scroller game. It's it's really nothing. This was like very twenty fourteen kind of shit.
Speaker 1: They had to outlaw it. It was like so it was so good that people were just like dying of exposure while playing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it got block I forget why it got blocked, but anyway, it's what it is. Wow, producer said, didn't some guy get killed over it? Shit? Maybe I just remember is this shit was so wild? I was like, why are people losing it over Flappy Bird?
Speaker 9: I don't. I think I missed that whole area era.
Speaker 1: Yeah, phones, Yeah, apologies to whoever got killed because that's the dumbest sounding shit to get killed over possible flah that he.
Speaker 9: Had the highest score, or does somebody want to take his phone that had the game on it and that now I want to know details?
Speaker 2: Yeah, did this person die? Victor? Now research goal tell.
Speaker 1: Tell us, tell us, tell us now Victor and now research go.
Speaker 2: Oh good researching, Thank you, Victor.
Speaker 3: That's the processing I wish.
Speaker 2: Like when they like, to your point, Jack, like I wish they could just write these story or used to be like, oh, that's an L for David Zaslov going back on this, you know what I mean. It's not like, oh, he's they're rebranding it. No, they made a stupid fucking disc and they made a stupid decision and now they're like, yikes, all right, that's an L. You know, you know it's good.
Speaker 1: You know it's bad when like actual mainstream media like accounts of the story just keep like are actually like making me laugh like this it's a good move, a user wrote of the shift. The HBO brand is associated with some of the worst content ever Sopranos, The Wire Band of Brothers, Game of Thrones, kurb He has a deep deadwood in Silicon Valley. Good rap, that wasn't the wrap, just like being like, yeah, man, good call dipshit, that's fucking brilliant. Yeah, but again quick reminders as a love of salary is a mere one million dollars a week softy million a year. And HBO Max lost when when he like kind of did this, you know it was his like big swing in case you're like, but I mean maybe he like did the research and it actually made sense and it worked. HBO Max lost almost two million subscribers whenever ran due to confusion over the makeover.
Speaker 7: Oh no, wow, just let a.
Speaker 1: Straight up coke level fuck up.
Speaker 9: I mean, are just gonna charge us more for like accounts now, They're probably going to raise the price when they change it back to HBO Max, Like oh see, they always.
Speaker 1: Want to do that shit. And now we're bundling HBO into backs. What yeah, do you want to upgrade? What do you mean isn't it the same thing?
Speaker 2: No, this is HBO Max now, And I'm sorry, I don't know if you heard. Our ceo makes a meager one hundred forty and sixty five dollars and seventy five cents per day.
Speaker 1: Woh wow, sucks for him. Actually, when you put it like that, that kind of that's crazy that he's able to get by on that.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't think I was going to yacht viewing parties to schedule.
Speaker 2: I mean, it took a lot for me to not cry doing that story about the Afrikaaners. But now I'm just I'm sorry. I'm just thinking of him. He's only making so big. I just want to I'm just I just I'm I want better for him because one day I know I will be there. I will be there.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the low price of one Starbucks franchise a week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't know, Bonaire.
Speaker 1: I mean so yeah, like you said as they scrapped the HBO branding in the first part to advertise that they were also bundling Discovery content too, which was the company that Zaslov came from. And so it's just like him being like, well, people are gonna want to like really Discoveries the star of the show. But I guess you just like put it all under Max, Max the everything. I think the ad campaign at the time was like Max the only one you need or something like that.
Speaker 9: It was just like Brady bunch of my streamer services.
Speaker 1: It's like Max and X lived together in my mind as like the dumbest fucking rebrands that nobody thought were a good idea, right exactly.
Speaker 9: So wait, is Cinemax still a thing?
Speaker 1: I mean they never really had original content beyond like a couple shows. They had that show Banshee that's supposedly really fun. Uh huh. And they had softcore diary like that. Ship must have fallen off a cliff when internet porn became a thing.
Speaker 9: Ah, I want to know what Emanuel's doing now.
Speaker 2: She was so horny, I know, and she was eating horny in space. Yeah you know, I thought I thought Space would bring your libido down, but not Emmanuel Nope, Manuel, no, no, man, you o the s of the world. Oh wait no, this is Jesus damn. Sorry. They got to figure out the branding on that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I thought Cinemax was still around doing something or maybe you got roped into or did it.
Speaker 1: No, it is, it's all part of It's all on the streams, same streaming service. I just like, don't effectively like what they're doing. This is what cinemax dot com looks like. It looks dire Cinemax dot com looks pretty scheduled, not.
Speaker 7: Legal White.
Speaker 2: This channel is called motherfucking Max.
Speaker 9: Yeah, right, movie Max, I thought, And then they combined HBO and Max. But what's what is lethal White? What's that show about? Oh?
Speaker 2: But then it is so it is also HBO. This shit is so confused, man, stop it, stop it. I feel like Michael Jordan and that USA. Stop it, stop it. David Zaslov, please no, but he does feel like a Zaslov thing because his whole thing everyone's like, dude, this guy's gonna fucking come through and ruin everything. And all of his moves were like Daddy's.
Speaker 3: Home, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And now it's like, oh that thing no it's called Max. Now, all the slate of original programming that you had brought up that was coming from like diverse creators fucking gone Daddy's Home, Like that's just every his hands just fucked everything up on that thing.
Speaker 1: So well, it is like the propaganda of American capitalism is like these people know what they're doing, like that the whole thing is propped up on the idea like these are the smartest, most capable people. They know what they're doing they'll never, like you said, like they'll talk so much shit about the decision in the Hollywood Reporter, but they're never gonna be like David Zaslov is a fucking clown. What about like they would about nath for like fucking missing a free throw or something. You know what I mean, right, But the mainstream media will never do that because it's so propped up.
Speaker 2: And so I do think.
Speaker 1: It's partially responsible for like how we got to a place where people were like and we just need a business man to lead the country, because they're the ones who like make the right decision that make line go up, and like nobody tells the truth about them. That's the amazon. They're just fucking.
Speaker 2: Because they're rich.
Speaker 9: They're like this guy made money, so he apparently he knows how to do it because he has buddies like, well, well he has apartheid diamonds in his pocket.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I meant what I mean. His great grandfather profited from slavery direct but okay, he made all that money. Sure, sure, sure, sure, sure. The Hollywood Reporter needs like a Stephen A Smith exactly, Like.
Speaker 1: All these fucking CEOs need a Stephen A Smith, Like Jim Kramer needs to be a person who's out there being like.
Speaker 2: This guy's a fucking idiot chef at the damn it's smoking crack, right, that you could do that name change, Like yeah, that's nobody.
Speaker 1: It's interesting that you're able to talk that way about mostly black athletes in this country, but not a white executive, the white executives who own the station you're talking shit on. I guess all right. Just another in line with that. Another example of this is just the the whole VR revolution that was supposed supposed to happen. There's a clip from Prices Right that was going around on social media this week where one of the items was the Apple Vision pro and literally nobody had any idea how much it costs. Like the highest bid was like, I don't know, like one two hundred and seventy that was like the high one, and everybody, including Drew Carey, were shocked to learn it was three thousand, five hundred. They were like what wait.
Speaker 2: What you mean? I know I want to hear this reaction that was at all. The price is right, Yeah, those praises a right without going over good luck, everybody, go ahead, here we go. They're going to reveal it one thousand. Okay, let's get to.
Speaker 1: One seven fifty one dollars.
Speaker 2: Here we go, here's the reveal.
Speaker 3: Three thousand, four hundred nine dollars.
Speaker 1: People are shouting no in the audience.
Speaker 9: They can't even be happy for her.
Speaker 7: They're all.
Speaker 2: That price point is way too high. God damn.
Speaker 1: But yeah, just nobody could believe, like it just was completely out of out of step with anybody's reality except for Tim Cooks.
Speaker 2: It seems like it's.
Speaker 9: Like always just my rent in San Francisco for my you know, my one bad that's just my Rent's easy.
Speaker 1: I can believe it again, like with the point about the mainstream media, like when it dropped the mainstream media headline five ways in which Apple Vision Pro will change how we work, game changer and immersive learning. Five ways apples Vision Pro could transform education and training.
Speaker 2: Damn, I'm just sorry. I hate to get emotional, gut, but I just crunched the numbers. That means David Zaslov can only buy forty one Apple Vision pros per day. That sucks, man, That's how that's how meager his South people.
Speaker 9: I use a calculator, Okay, I was like, damn, this deals.
Speaker 2: Really you should imagine if I was like a math Savannah.
Speaker 9: I was like, you got to be doing something else.
Speaker 2: Man, problematic capitalist math. So what did they make? That's on hundred forty that's only forty one Apple Vision pros. I can only I can only break down, and the crowd of numbers floating around his head like, no, that's TV show numbers. No, that's blunt smoke, all right, numbers. No, I'm smoking a blood sure thing numbers. I'm using a calculator.
Speaker 1: What sales for the Apple Vision Pro were poor? Desplite with the media would have had you believe to the point that Apple had to suspend back production in twenty twenty four, leaving a factory full of tens of thousands of undelivered parts. Reminded me of the cyber truck.
Speaker 9: Why did they think that people would be able to buy those?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I mean I remember when the iPhone first came out. It was crazy, like it was one thousand dollars and people are like, why the fuck would anybody pay that much for a phone?
Speaker 2: I'm finding like keyo Sarah right, and then people.
Speaker 7: Did, but you need a phone VR.
Speaker 9: It feels like it's entertainment, like you don't necessarily VR to gole about your day.
Speaker 2: But I think that's where they fucked up, because they acted like this was gonna change fucking everything, the way you write an email, the way you do this, and really, to me, I was like, the only thing I think could be fun is watching TV on it and it's like taking up everything. But even then they say, like the screen quality isn't great to even watch like a like a film. It's like, sure, it's huge, it fills up your your visual space, but like quality, yeah, it's like doesn't like the like you know, like you know, they always say the intensity of like the color black or darker colors against slighter colors, you get these like blooming effects that would have at least gotten that right.
Speaker 9: No, you want to be able to do your emails better like this, that's what it's for.
Speaker 1: You know, what I really like doing is my emails. Even there's a way to make that process like more interesting.
Speaker 2: I want to use my hands.
Speaker 9: You don't even pitch that as a solution, like who you can send emails better with your eyeballs? Like how are you even doing that? Are you doing it with your hands? Like this how are you even using the right emails? I don't, Tim, Tim.
Speaker 7: Apple, you got.
Speaker 2: I think what they should do is always just make a limited number and then see if people start flaming you for using that ship in public, stop making it. Stop making Google.
Speaker 7: Glass being bullied.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Google Glass would have learned way earlier, because it's second people start steping out of that, people like, what the fuck are you? Who are you? This ain't demolition man? Get and then like people I remember there were people fucking around trying to be like I'm using a vision pro like on the train. Some of those were fucking clearly a bit. But then you'd see other people they're like, Yo, this dude is brought the ship to a we work and they're like, no, this is people are not accepting it. And also the price work sometimes unattainable.
Speaker 1: It's just it was only adopted by people with the inability to feel shame.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or like the hyper apple stands like you know, like I know people like that, people in my family who are always I mean, I'm like this Apple thing. I'm like, you have no job, you have no jobs, sir, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: But if I had the Apple, I'm like no, you won't, bro.
Speaker 1: You have any idea how many resumes I'm going to get to send out the things that This article in Theinformation dot Com all these websites in the tech world what the fuck was cited both weak demand, high price, and lack of apps available on it. And in this case, I feel like apps is short for literal applications, as in uses of the thing I'm holding in my hands, But what are the applications for actually using this thing? Like nobody could figure that shit out anyways. Apple is full speed ahead on a more affordable version of the vision Pro, which we'll address exactly one of the reasons that it totally flawed. But VR gaming seems like it's on the way out, Like Minecraft just ended their VR support. More than half of game developers were pulled and said that the VR market is currently declining and stagnating. And of course, the biggest VR flop visionary him the visionary himself, Mark Zuckerberg and his Metaverse, which lost around seventy billion dollars. Wow, seventy billion dollars. That would like seventy billion dollars would make you one of like ten years ago, would make you the richest person in the world he lost. That still fun. He's still fine, and he's oh yeah, he's still like buying Hawaii to make a like fucking volcano layer. Speaking of people who have never been punched in the mouth. That's why, that's why he does jiu jitsu, probably because it doesn't involve any striking.
Speaker 9: He wants to, Yeah, because I feel like people make fun of him a lot, and he's like, well, yeah, say some of my things. No, I know how to arm bar.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They're like, okay, get your body guards out the way, you want to catch a crack one.
Speaker 1: Sir Metas, Chief Technology Officer this is the person who works for him, claimed that the metaverse idea was a legendary misadventure. It was a fucking Michael Douglas movie from the eighties. People.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what's so wild is like, you don't want a tech company reports a seventy billion dollar loss that means fucking layoffs in the next quarter because they have to fucking address that in their shareholder price. But like then it's it's so many people lose their jobs for less that you can be like, we pissed away seven What a legendary misadventure? Dude.
Speaker 1: That was a legendary fucking time.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he tried it talking about a bachelor party. Yeah right, right right. It's like, you know how many people got laid off after that? I don't like, oh man, like probably ten thousand or something.
Speaker 2: We ruined why.
Speaker 9: Madary And it's never the person whose idea was right. Was it Mark's idea or was it somebody else was like Mark, we should do this thing, and he's like, okay, or was he like you guys?
Speaker 2: It feels like it was him the whole time. It seemed like there was a lot of beau. I feel like there are smart enough people that work it that kind of like I don't know, and he's like, I think we should do it. They're like, you know, Mark said it, and he was charismatic that time, so oh like that models home you are do this? He's damn.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The reason that oh no, yeah, it's and now we're just seeing everything shift to AI it was they just have to like jump from one over a future technology to the other. That it was like, right as the metaverse started to flop, Zuckerberg was like, you know, AI, I think is really oh is that right?
Speaker 2: Gonna be interesting and okay, so guys, everyone avoid AI. Then if he just said yeah, the metaverse guy is not saying this is the next thing. Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 9: They were doing they were doing comedy shows with VR during pandemic. I was like, you don't you have to have a headset to do it and they were like yeah. I'm like, we are unemployed.
Speaker 2: Doing They're like, can you buy an oculus? Head's like no, I'm currently fighting a neighbor over paper towers.
Speaker 7: All right, I don't want to tell dick jobs right now in here. This is weird.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: That's gonna do it for this week's weekly Zeitgeist. Please like and review the show if you like, the show means the world de Miles. He he needs your validation, folks. I hope you're having a great weekend and I will talk to him Monday. By