Speaker 1: Hi everyone, I'm Rachel Zoe and you're listening to Climbing in Heels for your weekly dose of glamour, inspiration and fun. Okay, well, the end of award season is here, and it's always closed out by Hollywood's biggest night, the Oscars. I had an eventful, to say the very least, weekend leading into Sunday, but wanted to share some details about the parties I attended, the fashion I saw, and of course I want to chat about the Oscars red carpet and after party looks. So here to join is my producer you all know and love, Mary Elizabeth. So let's get started.
Speaker 2: Rachel Zoe, tell us everything, tell us everything.
Speaker 1: So, for those of you that don't know, Awards season begins around December, like a little bit of a tease in December, and then goes full swing right after the New year, like the first weekend of January. Right after New Year's is like globes and sugs and critics and Directors Guild and Palm Springs Festival in Santa Barbara, and goes on and on and the looks and the looks and the looks, and then obviously it ends off with the Oscars at the very end to close out the season. So for me, throughout my career, I've worn so many different hats of styling and doing my show and all the different things that revolve in and around fashion weeks and awards season. So this year I was in New York for Fashion Week and working and then came back into Oscar Week. It's always a whole ton of events and you know a lot of business meetings and all the things that happen. And as I entered this Oscar weekend, I had a bunch of events on Friday night and then supposed to have two during the day on Saturday to at night, my very favorite one the Chanelle Charles Finch pre Oscar Dinner, and at eleven am on Saturday, instead, I got an alert through a very brilliant app called green Light App. So for those of you that don't have it, it's actually it's an app that my kids use for investing their money that they've earned or collected. And ironically, this app alerted me that my son had gotten to an accident, and I obviously had an immediate panic attack because I knew he was at a friend's house and what had happened was he went for a ride with his friends on an e bike with four of his friends. I don't allow that, just to be clear, and was without a I don't allow it at all. But if you're going to do it, there has to be a grown up it is with you, and you should be on a trail or whatever. So anyway, long story short, a friend of his stopped short in front of him. He then stopped short behind him. He hit the wrong brake as a reaction and went over the handlebars. And so thankfully he was wearing a full helmet, not just the helmet like you ride bikes with, but the kind that cover your face and have an actual, like evil Knieval style helmet, and he went over the handlebars. And I went to the er and basically spent fourteen hours and then two days and nights in the er. First for fourteen hours with the brilliant, brilliant doctors and medical teams at UCLA Hospital here in Westwood, and then and then moved over to Mattel Children's Hospital UCLA, and basically what we thought he was going to have a surgery procedure on his kidney. He thankfully is able to most likely heal it on his own, and he's resting comfortably, peacefully, happily, greatfully, and he will never sit or look or breathe near an ear bike or e scooter or bird ever again. And so that was the Oscar weekend. And then Sunday night, Skyler actually quite frankly ordered me to go out and have fun while Roger stayed in the hospital. On Sunday night, we just kept kind of shifting out and because we obviously didn't want to leave him alone. And he said, Mom, you've already missed so many events. I know you love this weekend. Go have fun and then just come back right away after. He's so sweet, He's a love and well, we're going to have my weekend.
Speaker 2: We're going to put him in a bubble. Sweet Skyler. I've been lucky to know Skyler most of his life and he's somehow that kid is the little accident proned one's he from a very young age, has been giving Rachel near heart attacks fifth time in the er time. So grateful, he's okay, And I'm sure that was very scary for not only him but the friends he was with. And it's just very shocking when something like that happens and somebody gets really hurt.
Speaker 1: So thank thank God, And to all the parents out there, if you're pregnant or thinking about being pregnant, or having young kids, or you have young kids. The reality of it is. The things that scare us most as parents are the accidents. Right, It's like you know, but I would say that it's like you don't know how strong you are until you have to be that strong. And I would say that my strength has been tested over and over and I'm sure it will be again. But like I told Skyler, like we are done with ers, yes, and he's going to have to hire a new parent to come. He's gonna have to rent them all because I can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm done here. I not, it's too much.
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 2: Typically Oscar weekend it's very glamorous. Again, this was the most I'm not glamorous. Not so sure an er is the most glamorous place to be. But again, shout out to all the doctors and nurses who helps guy.
Speaker 1: I have to tell you, guys, for those of you that live here in California, this hospital UCLA Emergency, Ronald Reagan Emergency, and UCLA Children's Mental Hospital I am without words for the kindness, the professionalism, the service, the gentleness with a thirteen year old boy and his mother, ye who almost fully fainted twice in the er. But just every minute of that counts, Yes, every minute of that counts. And I have to tell you that every single nurse and every single doctor was kind and gentle and honest and generous and accurate.
Speaker 2: Seriously the true heroes.
Speaker 1: So now onto like happy things, let's go about fashion.
Speaker 2: So, Skyler, did encourage you to leave the hospital to go out?
Speaker 1: I hadn't even tried on a dress, like, I just literally hadn't even.
Speaker 2: Well, you looked gorgeous. What did you end up wearing?
Speaker 1: I ended up wearing this really beautiful. I was in a very like I know this sounds crazy, but like I ran home. I was super late my glam team, Like I just said, I don't think I'm going but just hold because maybe let's see and whatever. And when I realized I could, God did I need to go out and drink and have some fun and dance. And it really was healing, but a little steam off really and but this dress was this dress by a brand that I really love called Bronximbanco. Okay, and they make these incredible gowns. They're kind of sexy, they're kind of they're very glamorous. It was and I threw it on and I was like, Okay, then this is going to be the easy way. Certainly more revealing than anything I've worn in my life, probably, but it was comfortable, it was fun, it was easy, it was sparkly. It was really cold out, so a sleeve was really helpful. It was chilling, and I threw on some big, sparkly earrings and.
Speaker 2: It looked like a million bucks.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know that I felt like it. But if I looked at then I'm thrilled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you started to not at Chateau Marmont, Is that right?
Speaker 1: I did. I went to Chatau Marmont for the Netflix party, saw tons of friends there, tell us who Honestly it was it was all the people. It was all the people.
Speaker 2: I feel like Netflix always pulls a great crowd. Yeah, I mean they do.
Speaker 1: They're obviously at top of the top of the streamers, so and Chateau is like a home away from home for me always, so that was really fun. I kind of walk in and feel like I'm walking to a living into like a living room in my house or like right, that is the vibe there, for sure. There's an immediate comfort that happens when you walk into Chateau a shreck, you know. And then I literally just went after that to Beverly Hills Hotel, where like everyone was like, you know, coming out for Vanity Fair and all that, and that was super fun. I went there just for a drink, and then I went up to the Madonna Gayo Siri Party, which I've literally gone to every single year since it started, which we realized this year. I think was your seventeen whoa, you're seventeen who actually? Because I even went when I was pregnant. Wow, I went when I was pregnant with Sky and I was really pregnant. It was the year that Annie Hathaway hosted. Yeah, and I was like eight and a half months. I made it till like one am.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you were like yeah, waving the white flag.
Speaker 1: Also you're like not having a glass of champagne. No, Yeah, you have a shild life. After a while, you're like not that you need a drink to have fun, but you know, in those scenarios.
Speaker 2: It's helpful kind of do yeah for me, Okay, tell us who did you see?
Speaker 1: Who was drunk? Who was crying? Who was dress? There is no one you didn't see. I mean it's like every single person who is involved in the Oscars or Vanity Fair or anything.
Speaker 2: Because the fun thing about that party. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: There's no press, no press, no phones, no pictures.
Speaker 2: So these winners, nominees they can just shoes.
Speaker 1: Her off, drinks are on. Everyone saw the dance or like you really see who can dance?
Speaker 2: Love that? If you want to drop a name or two, I'd be.
Speaker 1: I'm so interested the multi talented Miles Teller can dance. I mean that doesn't shock me. He's a dancer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure he is.
Speaker 1: He's a dancer. Yeah, there's just endless honestly, Julia Garner, like, everyone just lets their guard down and dances and has fun, and you know everyone's holding their awards. Everyone's like in their fourth Look.
Speaker 2: How many people do you think, over the years have left their oscar at Gio Siri's house?
Speaker 1: No one, no one, no one. They hold on to it the entire night. They do, they do. They're so happy and I listen, I saw people that didn't win, you know, and that's always like a weird like I feel bad for them in that moment because it's like everyone's just like like, you know, it's that I'm so sorry, but like you're not. You know, it's like such an awkward thing. But like, you know, I think at the end of the day, everyone had an amazing night and it was very glamorous. So let's talk about that.
Speaker 2: Let's jump into the Oscars Red carpet first, and then I thought we could do after party.
Speaker 1: Okay, can I say something please? It's your podcast, after all, I just want to say something. There's a lot of things that weren't worn.
Speaker 2: I knew this was coming, yes, so okay, let's just be honest say your thoughts. I mean, I just it wasn't it was a carpet.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was it. Okay, that's it. I want to talk about favor But there was some good looks there was. It just wasn't your favorite favorite. Nope, carpet this.
Speaker 2: Award season, which if you listened last week, we talked about the SAG Awards and somehow they always surpass every carpet. But let's talk about what you did.
Speaker 1: Like, okay, So I want to talk first about El Fanning, my little fashion angel.
Speaker 2: She is an angel.
Speaker 1: She was an angel like a she. I told you the thing about Elle. For me, she will always be Princess Aurora. She will I will always hold her in that role because she really has that like pinky white skin. She looks like an angel. She is an angel. She's so kind, she loves fashion. I love her. Stylist Samantha McMillan, we started around the same time when I moved to LA She was one of three stylists that were nice to me and at the time she was styling, mostly meant she was styling Johnny Depp. I remember, and I was so jealous, not jealous in a mean way, but like, oh my god, you get to like be with Johnny Depp. That's a big deal. You get to stand in a room or in a closet or in a studio with Johnny Depp. That is the dream, my friend. Yeah, and she wore U Jivan she and truthfully, you know, it's funny. Obviously. The thing I love about Elle is that she does always kind of give a nod to vintage and old Hollywood, and she does it really well. She does do it, and I think here was perfect case in point. It was inspired by a nineteen fifty two Chavan collection, like the same lace. And you know, this dress, funny enough, reminded me of this dress, this Valentino that I put on Anne Hathaway many many months ago when she was coming out in Deviors Prada. It just gave me that vibe. At first when I saw it, I thought it was Chanelle. Then I thought it was Valentino, and then I was like, okay, okay, but you know it's not black and white magic, but it's perfect. I love the hair, I love the choker, I love the whole thing. Yes, the necklace was Cartier, which is just stunning. And we saw a lot of.
Speaker 2: Like retro hair to match gowns, which I thought was really fun because sometimes when they go to one it's too modern. It feels a little I don't know, out of sorts, but I thought all looked beautiful. The hair's back, she's stunning, she's donny, she's stunning, a fashion girl.
Speaker 1: She has a fashion girl. And I want to talk about Selena Gomez. So styled by Aaron Walsch, friend of the Pod, Friend of the pod and Selena, she clearly is running with this old Hollywood thing. She's this season has been her like old Hollywood glamour thing, and listen, I'm here for that. Like I come from that, I believe in that. I tend to kind of want to see that, Yes, these big moments the same way, I'm sort of like, I'm pretty traditional when it comes to like there's certain things that are forever moments, right, yes, And so when it's the Oscars, you want to just go, what am I going to I always think about it like a wedding, What am I going to look at in twenty years from now and be like, I'm so happy with that decision.
Speaker 2: That's a good you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And That's how I've always kind of looked at Oscars or these like really big moments. You know, there are moments where you can like go rogue, right, like the met Ball or like some of these big, big fashion events that happened in Paris and Milan, in London and whatever. Those are like those moments. But I think when it comes to Oscars, you're like, when I won that Oscar, or I was nominated for that Oscar, what did I wear? Right, you know, and I think those moments you really really remember them. And I think, like for me as a stuff, I remember when someone wins something in a look. I remember when they you know, didn't win, but they were nominated all season. You're like, remember what they were for that Oscar in like whatever year it was. So this I thought was very unexpected because it was by Ralph Lauren and it she was giving Sophia Laurn. I mean she really was.
Speaker 2: Yes, I saw on social media it was it was inspired by miss Sophila Urn and she looked stunning. I think she does the hair again, the shorter hair. It's giving a retro wave. I think. I think the color of the dress is really.
Speaker 1: Hard for a lot of skin tone.
Speaker 2: Yes it is, but with Selena's skin, it just looks beautiful.
Speaker 1: It looks very.
Speaker 2: Very glamorous, very old Hollywood. Can I ask you a question.
Speaker 1: Sure, I noticed a lot.
Speaker 2: Of these gowns, as they typically do, we'll have a train on them. Yes, these stars are moving around. They're not only walking these giant carpet. Then they're inside the auditorium, they're going backstage if they're presenting, or if they've won or whatever.
Speaker 1: They're moving around a lot.
Speaker 2: Do any of these custom designer gowns ever have a bustle where you bustle the gown?
Speaker 1: A lot of them? Okay, yeah they do. I've seen a lot recently where they put the ring to like, you know, hold it up like your rest and I think that's almost easier in a way than doing like a full bustle. Yeah, but yes, and now they have. When I was styling, they did not have these people on the carpet that were pulling the trains for the photos. That is a that is a way newer thing, right. I mean I went to an event last week and I got on the carpet and there was someone pulling my train. I'm like, you don't have to do that for me, Like, I'm good, don't don't. I'm I'm aways, that's hilarious. I want to talk about Monica Barbaro because I think she was my favorite. Actually, I really think that this door for me. I loved this. This gave me kind of like it went back to like the Gwyneth Paltrow pink dress moment, but the way but it was very fresh, very modern, very ballerina, but still youthful and had like a sexiness about it in a very sweet way. Yes, And I feel like the more I look at this dress, the more I love it.
Speaker 2: You know, one hundred I think it. You know, I said this year earlier. But the way the skirt of this scown is structured, it reminds me a lot of the Dior that you put it in for Lawrence Lawrenson.
Speaker 1: Well it is, I mean it is.
Speaker 2: It's very similar in how it's constructed. But she, I think, Look, she's a fashion girl, she is an ambassador for Dior. Now she's her career is going to absolutely skyrocket.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: She's part of the ensemble and a complete unknown. The Bob Dylan movie, so.
Speaker 1: I have to watch that.
Speaker 2: I'm so shocked you haven't yet.
Speaker 1: I just love Dylan, like I love that music. So I feel like you're gonna love it. But sometimes when I watch those things that are about someone that I like love, I get a little like throne, you know, and then I still want to know. Well, I feel like I'm going to picture Timothy Shalame as Bob Dylan in real life, like yeah, the way I do like Will Smith as Ali, or like Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison. When they're really good. It happens. They become that role to they become that person to me, Like Reese Witherspoon is June Carter Cash. I don't even know what June Carter Cash looks like.
Speaker 2: Never, and Joaquine is Joaquin is n Gosh, it's so true. It does happen that way, Okay. She also wore Monica wore a gorgeous chinkle and.
Speaker 1: I saw this live. Actually, yeah, I ran into her at the.
Speaker 2: BHH actually tell us everything was stunning.
Speaker 1: She's a love she's stunning, and this was gorgeous. It was very effortless. It fit her flawlessly. And I just loved her looks for the night. But honestly, that do your flawless perfection now, Emma Stone. So Emma Stone. I saw also in person. She's the coolest. She is. She's the coolest, Yeah, she really. I've met her so many times. She's just she's friendly, she's funny, she's really cool, yep, and very effortless.
Speaker 2: Honestly, she's always been, in my opinion, one of the like you feel like you know her or want to know her to hang out with her.
Speaker 1: She feels like your funny best friend.
Speaker 2: Exactly exactly and she looks stunning. She was in a customed Louisvaiton.
Speaker 1: I loved it.
Speaker 2: She has simple she has very very pixy cut hair right now. So I like what they did with like the little like wave flapper yep, twenties via fingerwave. She's gorgeous, I mean, and to pull.
Speaker 1: Off I know, hair like that and no jewelry, very very like minimal. Yeah. That was the biggest challenge for me to be honest with you as a star. Yeah was if a client said I just don't really feel like I want to wear jewelry, and I like that made me want to go cry in a bathroom.
Speaker 2: You were like, we can't work together.
Speaker 1: Well I just was like, yeah, we're not soulmates. You know what's funny? Yeah, where this is where this ends. But I will say this, Jennifer Garner started off wearing like a simple diamond on a chain when I met her, and by the third fitting, she was like, let's do jewelry first. I was like, you are my people. You changed her.
Speaker 2: I love that, and you changed.
Speaker 1: I think she did it for me, like I think she just kind of but then I think she just genuinely fell in love with jewelry. Yeah, I think people fear it. They're like, it's not me, it's too much, it's do this, it's do that. And then they and then they wear it and they're like, there's no going back. You know, it's like flying first class. You can't go back. It's hard. It's very hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think too, it's like very I feel like when you're if you're not use storing a lot of jewelry, it's it feels very like attention grabbing. When you have a lot of it on totally, you have to like, you know, you're you're like personality and you're like comfortability with attention as to like meet in the middle.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm obsessed with this Bruna Mark how do you say it?
Speaker 2: Brenda Marcazine Marcazini Marcazine. I believe she's a Brazilian born actress.
Speaker 1: She's stunning.
Speaker 2: She's literally like a model. She's wearing this white Versace gown and this drop dead gorgeous diamond necklace.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love this look. Here's the thing for me as a stylist. I for as much as I love like a gown moment in the drama, there is sometimes I just die for the most beautifully tailored, white sculpted gown. Yep. And it doesn't get old for me, it doesn't ever get old. And then for me I become I go to the jewelry at that point, right, So this necklace was a moment right too. It's really stunning beautiful. I would have probably done emeralds, but some colored stone would yet very pretty. You know.
Speaker 2: It's funny. This dress is very, very similar in shape and structure to Monica's gown at the sag Awards. That the red plunging correct the York gown. Yes, so this is a version of that, but in white. She looks gorgeous.
Speaker 1: But no one can sculpt a gown on the body of the way Verslachi counts. I have to tell you, and I've seen the inner workings of what goes on underneath. Yeah, it's a it's an art form at its greatest. Okay, let's talk about Zoe Saldana. So Zoe's Suldana is. I have the privilege of knowing her over the years. She's so strikingly beautiful, so gorgeous, like without also like her smiles beautiful, but she's beautiful and her soul's beautiful like meaning when she talks, she's even more beautiful, like without an ounce of makeup, without you know, like she This award season I think has been interesting because I think from a style perspective, she's worn mostly and only black, with different architecture, with different drama, and then she obviously came in this like Bordeaux custom ysl gown and you know, I mean, I think it's beautiful. I think it's something that she can pull off. I think it's something that not everyone necessarily understands or loves. But I just think the color on her is beautiful. I think it's giving me European effortlessness. I love the glove, I love the necklace. I love the emerald in the necklace. You know, I mean, she's studying, and by the way she won, she's a winner, win or winner.
Speaker 2: I also liked that we put this up on social as a pole and it was pretty split more leaning to a note.
Speaker 1: That's what I was saying, because I think it's not a crowd pleaser. It's not a universal crowd pleaser.
Speaker 2: I agree it's outside the box for sure, But again, I was thrilled to see her in not all black like she's been doing and Opera Glove. Are we done with them? Do you want them to say?
Speaker 1: Do you want them to go? I'm not done with them yet, okay, And I like that hers are sheer. I'm not done with them. I think, yeah, I'm not done with them. I think they just have to be used, right because I just saw, you know, Nicole Kidman wore them with the Valenciaga and it was like life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is beautiful.
Speaker 1: You know, it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's talk about We've talked about them so much, but how can you not Okay, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: I'm done. I'm done with the costume dressing. Okay, I'm done with the costume dressing. But but the Scott Brelly that Ariana Grande wore to perform beautiful, it's perfection.
Speaker 2: What do you think of the red carpet dress?
Speaker 1: It's I I just want to It's not for me. I want to look at her and I want to look at her. Yes, you know, and I understand dressing for the role, but I also think I also think we want her to be Ariana Grande too, And I think I think she's done a lot of princess she's done a lot of character, she's done a lot of method dressing, method dressing. But I think it's the same thing with Marcot Robbie. By the end of this season, we were just like, let's just be Margot Robbie right now, let's let I think, let's let Barby go. And that's kind of where I sit here.
Speaker 2: Well, the fund's not over because that was just a Wicked Part one I don't.
Speaker 1: Do last week.
Speaker 2: There's this is gonna be like, you know, all new looks for Wicked Part two. Look Cyndia Rivo and and and to Ariana too, like this.
Speaker 1: They they gave the people, I think, what they wanted.
Speaker 2: They gave the fans of the Wicked movie the musical theater, like they gave the people what they wanted, right, Ariana literally looks like Glinda in the Bubble sort of, you know, literally, And Canthia Rivo is wearing this like insanely dramatic deep green velvet by Louis Vuitton. And again if you could see her nails too, she has like Oz themed manicure which she always is rocking the nails. But I actually was researching her look and it's actually a nod to Hattie McDaniel, who was the first black female to win an oscar for Gone with the Wind, And so this gown is a nod to sort of Hattie in her success. And you know, Scarlett O'Hare wars the big green curtain gown in the movie. So I get, I get the storytelling, and I get what she's doing, and I think, you know, if we're going to do it, and if you are going to commit to this method dressing that we've been seeing them do, do it, and she did it. You know, her gown when she performed was also stunning. Arianna's you know, she had that ruby red slipper. I'll show it was very beautiful again, very dramatic, very her.
Speaker 1: I do in my next life want to wear the red dress.
Speaker 2: But the two of them singing together to open the Oscars was breathtaking. I do need to show you that clip.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna need to like rewatch the whole the whole show, the same way I had to do the Grand What.
Speaker 2: Were you doing sitting in the hospital?
Speaker 1: Just kidding. The amount of times I have not watched the Oscars definitely trump's the amount of times I have. That's true, Okay, Halle Berry, my ageless friend, my age. She is just perfect.
Speaker 2: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: It's not fair. She's there with like j Lo being.
Speaker 2: I was literally going to say, god, the rachel Zo saying for j Low applies to Halle Berry. She like has never looked better. It's kind of annoying. I mean, she's she's us and a Christian Ciriano gown. It's very cool in the way it's constructed. It reminds me tell me if I'm wrong, because you're you know, fashion Encyclopedia. Didn't Tom Ford kind of start this like, oh.
Speaker 1: Yes, America broker. I was going to say, thing, Yeah. I put Anne Hathaway in it for the for her final look for the Oscars when she was hosting. Okay, it was her final look. It was broken mirror on like a lace kind of long sleeve and it's and it's stayed. It's cool. Always like she looks amazing.
Speaker 2: If you're a cool Hollywood it girl, Hollyberry is an Academy Award winner, Like she's she is that girl.
Speaker 1: She just looks incredible.
Speaker 2: And I love the hair. I love the bob hair. I just think she looks she would you have given would you wouldn't would you give her any kind of necklace or a bigger earring.
Speaker 1: I might have done more of a moment in the ear or something right here, like I The only thing I would do on the neck would have been a choker, not like a massive one, because you don't want it to go like costume me, you know what I mean. But I would have done like a cool kind of you know, maybe like quarter inch thick choker, just super short because you don't want to cover her collar bones, like she's such a beautiful nack. Yes. And then Mindy Kayling, I want to talk about that because Fernando and Laura Cam the duo Dynamic duo behind Oscar de la renta friend of the pod. When I saw this dress in New York being shown, I texted Fernando and I said, if that does not show up at the Oscars, I'm literally going to scream. Yeah. And I said, and I know who I want it on because I want this person to win. But I was so incredibly happy to see it on Mindy Kaylen because Mindy is having her. She's been in a moment right. She is amazing, She looks stunning. You can tell she feels really good. She looks beautiful and it fits her flawlessly. And this dress is perfection. It's so like I love it. This is an absolutely one of my favorite dresses of the night for sure. Silver a big moment. Okay, Mikey Madison in.
Speaker 2: De your so this to your Oscar winner.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oscar winner always will be in front of her name now. Yes. Inspired by a vintage du Or gown from nineteen fifty six. And I thought this was again, this is real old Hollywood, you know. It's real old Hollywood hair back choker, you know. I thought this was really chic, you know. And I think, and I think, a perfect dress to win the Oscar.
Speaker 2: It's very like young ANGEENU yes vibe. I feel like if you were to put Mikey Madison and el Fanning on a carpet and take black and white photos of them, ye, you very easily could go, oh it's nineteen fifty five.
Speaker 1: I agree with that. I would agree.
Speaker 2: I thought they executed the vintage Hollywood glamb so well. I thought her speech was really cute and wonderful and she I feel like Mikey Madison is another rising star and she clearly isn't afraid to play with fashion. I think throughout the whole Award season she's done a lot of different kind of looks. So I'm really into this old Hollywood glamor. For the Oscars, I thought she looked beautiful.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's talk about Lupita Jongo. I love her. I love her. She's also an angel and this time an angel in Chanel.
Speaker 2: Right, Whi's not that much Chanel in the car, but now there wasn't.
Speaker 1: No, there wasn't. But there's a lot of change happening over a channel creative directors. So I think sometimes when you do that, it's it's just harder.
Speaker 2: And like you said, they do host a pre oscar where there was like fifty fifty starlets in Chanel. Right, But Lupita looks beautiful. She had a really cool pearl detailing in her hair that was pulled back. It was really really beautiful. She just looks like an angel.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's talk about Vanity Fair. Nine times out of ten, I prefer the looks at Vanity Fair for the Oscars.
Speaker 2: This y, that's because what the actor has more say.
Speaker 1: And what they get to wear at Vanity Fair. How do you mean like they for better or for worse. People are still contracted are Yeah, they're still contracted to wear for Vanity fair. Not always, not everyone, but certainly some people. Okay, well, okay, my theory busted. Let's talk about my favorite, Miss KaiA Gerber. So this funny enough, in my archive, I have something similar that that has the same sort of like detail as this dress. It's for Argantino. So it's this gorgeous archive Valentino. I forget the year. But Kaya. The thing with Kaya to me, she always does it right. And you know, I want to say, look, as a stylist forever, I'm I want to hand so much to the stylists because there's so much that goes into this. Yeah, but I also think that there are people. There are every once in a while there is a talent who has an innate style or instinct to know exactly what to do and how to do it, like a Nicole Kibman, right. And I think Kaya has shown that she doesn't always do a look at me. Sometimes in the moments of the moments, she'll do the most simple thing, you know, and I think here, like, it's not flashy, it's not sparkly, it's not naked, it's not, and she just looks beautiful. She just I feel like she I never, I never don't love what she's went.
Speaker 2: Right to me when I first thought, I thought, oh, it's Chloe, like right, it's giving Yeah, Chloe. And the cape that's over the gown was clearly detachable because there are photos of her, yes, just on Vanity Fair with Jess the dress, which I I love the cape. I think it like makes the whole, the whole vibe. But yeah, she's I mean, she's stunning. She's gonna be stunning. She's acting a lot more so. I think she's definitely saying she's here, She's here to play.
Speaker 1: Kaya is the best. She's also an angel, and I love that she's such a bookworm too. That's what's so funny. She's like this diehard fashion person. She's an actor and a bookworm. Love it, Okay, Kendall Jenner always perfect. She's just she just hits that carpet, right, doesn't she? Yep, So this is a Muclair vintage muglair. She's been doing a lot of that. I think. Look, you know, for me, I started my career almost using entirely jewelry and looks from archives. I didn't even actually want to see you most of the time. And I think for me to see these girls, these women in enjoying that makes me happy. Right. Don't get me wrong. I love new but I also love pulling from fashion history as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, it kindles like the perfect girl.
Speaker 1: That she is, and I and I love her, and I and I think she just looks cool, you know.
Speaker 2: It looks like something like because she's Kendall Jenner and she's a supermodel and she's six weet tall. But it does like I feel like you would be like, oh, I want to wear that polloween. Yeah, like you would be like that Prtitia Adams vibe.
Speaker 1: That's my Stevie Nicks vibe.
Speaker 2: I feel like, right, ye knew it.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's talk about Hailey Steinfeld. She's listen. She's definitely come into her moment, right, Like. I feel like, I feel like Hailey Steinfeld went from being this like I want to stay cute, I want to say this like more sweet sort of young starlet to being this like fashion girl who kind of really has these amazingly gorgeous moments, you know, and with grit and with edge and with cool and takes chances. Robin Maryell style her. I love this look Tomorrow Tomorrow. Ralph is absolutely one of my hands down more recently favorite clature designers. Yea truthfully like moment after a moment, and the collection was extraordinary. So I was so happy to see this. I wish I saw more of it at the Oscars.
Speaker 2: To be honest, I know I thought I really thought there would be more, did I? So I'm glad Haley busted a look out because she looks gorgeous. I mean, she looks like an Oscar winning sh attress.
Speaker 1: Like she does.
Speaker 2: I feel like she walked the Vanity Fair carpet like I'm here totally forget about me.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's talk about someone I had the pleasure of working with for many, many, many many years and who is back bigger than ever, Miss Lindsay Lohan in Balenciaga. Now, I mean the thing I would say about Lindsay like we had so many years of having fun playing dress up. In fact, it's like all we did, And I'm so happy to see her back with just looking happy and radiant and healthy and beautiful. And I think again, even then, sometimes the less you do, the less Lindsay does the less hair, the less dress, the less makeup, and obviously she's wearing a lot of makeup, but it's done perfectly. It's done perfectly. Her hair and makeup are perfection, her dress is perfection. The necklace. As I said earlier without even remembering that she was wearing Emeralds. I love an emerald moment on a white gown the same way I love it on a black gown. I love that pop of green. It just works. And especially I will always, always, always love and appreciate Emeralds with red hair, like Julianne Moore. When Julianne Moore words emeralds, I'm so happy it's sunying. Or a green dress, like an emerald green dress.
Speaker 2: There's really nothing better. I mean, Lindsay Lohan is so back, like she's so bad. She is so back. I saw her do a quick interview and she was talking about freaking or Friday coming out, So I just feel like she's really owning it. She just looks happy and she looks glowing, and.
Speaker 1: She's so talented and she's a mom now and I just think she's just living her best and I think we're all here for it.
Speaker 2: Everyone's out here trying to get the Lindsay Lohan glow up. So she is like that me too. She looks stunning. She's going to be nominated for an Oscar here soon. I just mark my words.
Speaker 1: Yep. Okay, guys, So well, we can't end without talking about Oh. I always forgot about the guys I know. And it's not guy's borow.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to jump too far into it because there were some men that looked great, there were some men that looked right, not great, but because we're because the whole world is not just you, and but the world is in love with Timothy Shalomy, so we are. I figure we have to touch on his.
Speaker 1: Butter. I love Timothy shall me Okay, So I'm just gonna say it here. You know, he wore a yellow Jon to the Oscars and then a gorgeous Hyderacramen for tom Ford for Vanity Fair. You know what I'm gonna say. I wish you wore the tom Ford for the Oscars. But he is having this moment with Kylie Jenner and they are running around in cature and chromhearts and fashion and colors and having fun. And I'm here for it. I support it, but I think when you're nominated for an Oscar, I'd love to see you in a black and white tom Ford look. Yes, I just would. Yeah again, that's where I just retreat and go old Hollywood. I love the way the pants are cut on the tom Ford. I love a man in a wide leg this same way. I loved Austin Butler last year, like I do. I just I love it, and yeah, I totally agree.
Speaker 2: I wasted ten would have flopped a tack because the black I think if you look at it in a photograph the hater Ackerman for tom Ford look study Ward of Vanity Fair, it's actually cooler than it looks like, almost a polka dot detail like. It's not boring. He doesn't ever want to be boring.
Speaker 1: So I get it. But it's like a lounge tuxedo. It is. It's gorgeous.
Speaker 2: It's so cool, and you know, he's again one of the great actors of our time. It doesn't matter. He could wear a washcloth. We're fine he could, and he's gonna win his Oscar soon.
Speaker 1: I'm sure. I'm sure of that. Yes, he wants to be one of the greats. That's exactly right, go Timothy, go Timothy, We love you. Okay, So.
Speaker 2: Award seasons.
Speaker 1: Award season is done up. Next would be Ken Film Festival and met Ball. More on that later in May. So anything exciting, we will we We're here for it. I can forget this.
Speaker 2: We had one of our followers ask a question on Instagram that I think you can answer really quickly.
Speaker 1: The question was, which is a great question?
Speaker 2: Where do these stars change between the oscars and the Vanity Fair red carpet?
Speaker 1: All different, some depending on where they're staying at, like hotels nearby, and they all stay within like you know, I mean, Vanity Fair is over at the Annenberg Center right in Beverly Hills, and most of them are staying at one of the five hotels in that area. So they'll like run home and change, right because they do different glam and they so most of them will just run back to their hotel rooms. Right, So their team of makeup, hair stilt, everyone's waiting social media people are waiting in a hotel room, they change them, they get back out. Yep, makes sense. Yes, all happens just like that in real time for real. Thanks everybody, Happy Awards season. Thank god, it's Oh no, I'm just kidding it out. It's over. Okay. Thank you so much for listening to Climbing in Heels. If you haven't already, please subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, the iHeart app, or wherever you get your podcasts so you don't miss a single episode this season, and be sure to follow me on Instagram at at Rachel Zoe and the show at Climbing in Hels pod for the latest episodes and updates. I will talk to you soon.