Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong.
Speaker 2: And Joe Katty Armstrong and get.
Speaker 3: Katie and he.
Speaker 2: Arms angy who the wrong studio? See say I'll on little Friday.
Speaker 4: We're in a dimly lit roong deeper than the bowels of the Armstrong Eddy Communications Compound. And hey y'all, today we're under the tutelage of our general.
Speaker 2: Manager, Matt Gates. Matt Gates that cakes got it the hair, that's.
Speaker 4: Him and that's a useful girlfriend. Allegedly, they dropped those charges. According to multiple news sources. We were gonna hear a whole bout more about those charges on Friday, and still might any who.
Speaker 2: Here's why.
Speaker 4: I hope nobody leaks it. Here's my question. I was just talking to Hanson about this. I talked about it with my son yesterday afternoon and I picked him up from school as the news was breaking. The question is why? The why is the question? Why does Trump do this? And I think I and it seemed this way his.
Speaker 2: Whole life, I guess.
Speaker 4: But he feels comfortable when things are going crazy. That's his that's his happy place. Most of us like me. I hate drama. God, I hate drama. I do anything to have a placid life without drama. But some people thrive on it, and he is like the all time king of I think when he flipped on all the TV stations over the last week and it was all kind of moderate, he won and kind of quiet and another reasonable choice for Donald Trump boring.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm dying inside.
Speaker 4: But when he flipped on all the channels yesterday and everybody's heads are exploding, Oh, a sense of relief, a practically orgasmic level of happiness overcomes him. I think, right, you know, I think that that's not wrong. I would take another look or look at the other side of the coin. He's also a guy who in the in you know, developing many many interesting real estate projects through the years, has a number of bankruptcies, and that people made a big deal of that.
Speaker 2: Although that's not that crazy.
Speaker 4: If you're a developer, you start corporations to develop a certain project, and then some of them were like shots for the moon, big big plays, bold plays, and some of them didn't work out and went bankrupt.
Speaker 2: And Trump's used to that. So the idea of I'm in I'm gonna go with one.
Speaker 4: Of the more defensible plays here, the Hegsith Department of Defense. He thought, you know what, with all the instability in the world, our pentagon is incredibly hide bound and bloated and slow moving and unresponsive, Let's make a big play and if it goes to hell, we'll pick up the pieces. There's somebody else will. I think he's comfortable with that sort of chaos for sure.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Fox News has been handling this since it broke yesterday afternoon, including this morning on Fox and Friends with It's kind of the third story of the day. The biggest story of the day is Trump and Biden met in the Oval office. Here they are in front of the fire, and they said nice things about it. In other news, he named Matt Gaetz's attorney general. Also, Donald Trump is planning to uh speak with the leader of Taiwan this afternoon. I mean, are you freaking kidding me? Are you freaking kidding?
Speaker 2: Who are you?
Speaker 4: Try playing it, doll, I guess because they don't know what else to say.
Speaker 2: So there.
Speaker 4: I haven't heard a single positive comment out of a Republican. The best you can do is kind of a neutral ish like Lindsey Graham, who hates Matt Gates, saying, well, we'll go through the process and we'll see how it plays out. That's the best result you can get from a Republican. Other Republicans are are you effing kidding me? Or not a chance in hell? I vote for him? Or a orful a variety of both kinds of comments, right right, Yeah, from his own party. Yeah, I've been thinking about this a lot, and I don't know how in depth we want to get during this segment, but I get the pick. And I'm not saying I think it's an awful pick. I think it's a ridiculous pick, but I get it given. And here's the short version. Given the way the FBI especially, but the intelligence community, Hello, Ga treated Trump the Russia Gate of hoax page in Strock. Call me, please call me leaking like I don't have a good metaphor what leaks a lot like a hundred year old robot leaky things in short, anyway, Yeah, Trump wants to go in there with somebody who just does not give a single poop about tradition and the agency and blah blah blah. He just he wants a wrecking ball well, fine, pick a better wrecking ball. I have no time for any of the people in our government who are only there to get attention. The AOC's, the Adams Shifts, the Marjorie Taylor Greens, or the Matt Gateses, none of them who are just all they do is try to get on television. They have no interest in actually governing or doing anything. I have no time for those people. The Instagram caucus. Yeah, Matt Gates is a famous I guess he understands the modern world. They understand the modern world better than I do and are taking advantage of it. That Hey, that's that's how you raise lots of money, and that's how you stay in power, and that's how.
Speaker 2: You become well mowned.
Speaker 4: And he actually said one time, if you're not on TV, you're not If you're not getting on TV every day, you're not governing.
Speaker 2: That's what he actually said. And that's their their belief.
Speaker 4: And if you say crazy stuff, you get on uh, you get on the cable news a lot.
Speaker 2: And everyone knows it. And like, have you noticed, over the.
Speaker 4: Next couple of weeks, it's striking to me, like they'll have some senator on I've never heard the name before. I've never seen their face before. They're a US flipp and senator, but they're the kind of people that are like in a room with the door closed, studying policy, writing legislation.
Speaker 2: They're not figuring out how to get on television, right, right, whatever.
Speaker 4: I guess that's where we are. Many many reasons empires die. Okay, so it's just one of them.
Speaker 2: So is there?
Speaker 4: I mean, because all that stuff is true about the Justice Department and h law fair and using it as a weapon, but you can pick different people to go after it and try to clean it up. What do you think he has any chance of getting confirmed? All the Democrats will vote against him. I assume Matt Gates is attorney general and you can only lose what three Republicans? There are already two or three on the record saying no, and probably a dozen more that would like to say no. Here's your wacky but unlikely scenario. A dozen Democrats conspire and across the island vote yes, thinking this will be a poop show that's pretty good, and you force them a whole bunch of Republicans to vote no if they want to keep him from being Attorney general and making that the only story anybody talks about for the first until it.
Speaker 2: All blows up. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very little or none of which has anything to do with the well being of the American people.
Speaker 2: Of course, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Do you think he did the stuff he was accused of with the girl, the underage girl and all that sort of stuff, because they did they do you think he did it? So they stopped the investigation, but they were still investigating on some level, I guess. And that report was supposed to come out Friday, according to Republicans who ran to news sources yesterday, The New York Times and multiple other news organizations reported that because the Republicans who hate Matt Gates, who which are practically everybody by the way, in the House and the Senate, almost all the Republicans hate him, So they all ran the new sources and say, hey, there's a big report coming out Friday, and that was going to doom him. Yeah, and like you said, do you think it will leak? That's what they're saying, Fox and Friends. Some Republican who hates him on that committee is going to.
Speaker 2: Leak that out. So we'll hear all that stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a couple of things There are a number of reasons an investigative agency decides not to prosecute something. Often it's uncooperative witnesses or wishy washy evidence or that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: And that's fine. That's the way justice system works.
Speaker 4: You shouldn't feel the pain of punishment unless the government could prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 4: On the other hand, you got Mark Wayne Mullen, Senator Oklahoma, who we really hit it off with at the RNC, who came out and said, look, this guy is showing videos of the girls he's having sex with on the house for and everybody's like, stop that, get that out of here. Mark Wayne, I think we have the audio he's on the record stage. It was just completely wildly inappropriate. And Mark Queen's a former MMA guy. I mean, he's not like, you know, some sort of Oxford and Harvard grad with a degree in holding your pinky out?
Speaker 2: Will you sip tea? Or dude's a real man and he was like, wow, that is way out of line.
Speaker 4: Or Chuck Grassley one hundred years old from another generation.
Speaker 2: Back where the woman now to wear pity coats. We will play that later for you.
Speaker 4: We got to start the show officially, and we got lots of stuff to get to today. But eh, Trump enjoys when people are having these conversations.
Speaker 2: He just freaking loves it. Oh yeah or whatever. He's tweaking them, and.
Speaker 4: He knew exactly what he's doing. He rolled out all those reasonable choices. And then and then Marco Rubio, super reasonable Secretary. And then we and lots of other people yesterday, like the last Armor show, we're having the conversations about this might be a completely different Trump term I said this than last time around.
Speaker 2: He's a honey, what hilarious?
Speaker 4: And then you get Pete Hexeth surprising but intriguing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Toxi Gabbard.
Speaker 4: Surprising but surprising, and then Matt Gates surprising. But come on, let's start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty. On this Thursday, November fourteenth, year, twenty twenty four. We're Armstrong and getting we approve of this program. Let's begin then, officially according to FCC rules and regulations. So much to dig into, let's dig into it.
Speaker 5: At mark, the nomination of Gates rocked Capitol Hill. There were verbal gasps during a meeting of House Republicans when mister Trump announced Gates, how.
Speaker 2: About that.
Speaker 4: Wha to the Republicans? And then you go, what, oh my got verbal audible gasps. That's hilarious. Wow, he loves that sort of thing. Oh golly, here we go.
Speaker 2: Somebody secure that canon, troyd. It's loose.
Speaker 4: I think I said this yesterday about the Defence secretary. It's going to be even more true about Tulsa Gabbard and Matt Gates.
Speaker 2: You really want to spend all that.
Speaker 4: Goodwill political capital with the media and and and all the people in government and everything like that on this fight, not something else. All right, all right again, hag Seth long shot gathered silly Gates grenade.
Speaker 2: How does mailbag look? That's quite good, very good. Let's get to it.
Speaker 4: That's on the way and you can test this your thoughts. I'm sure many of you are thrilled with the choice. Based on reading texts.
Speaker 2: Over the years.
Speaker 4: Text line is four one, five two nine five k FTC. I'm sending a clique to Hanson, our executive producer. But I watched Mark Alprin's sort of emergency video cast yesterday with a bunch of uh political strategists, but he called it one of the most jaw dropping days in the ten year political history.
Speaker 2: Of Donald Trump. And that is saying something, but it's a true degree. Yeah, I would agree on both points. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here's your Freedom Moving Quota Day in honor of Vett Gates and the Department of Justice.
Speaker 2: Our theme being the law.
Speaker 4: Maybe we'll go with this into next week either So, I like some of these John.
Speaker 2: Locke, the end of.
Speaker 4: Law is not to abolish a restrain, meaning the end that the purpose, the purpose of law is not to abolish a restrain, but to preserve an enlarged freedom. For in all states of created being capable of law. Where there is no law, there is no freedom. Yeah, it should be, isn't always right? What's the purpose of government? What's the purpose of the constitution? Quick to preserve your liverty. I can think of plenty of laws in California their only mentory strain. Yeah, exactly, And that's where laws become unjust and undesirable. Absolutely, that's your litmus test mail bag rob us a old mail bag at Armstrong and get it dot com, will lead off with Jared and Missouri's commenting on our rage rooms discussion, guys rage against the machine. Never specified what kind of machine they were angry at, but I reckon it was probably a printer.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, they're arranging against the printer. That's funny. All right, here we go.
Speaker 4: There's no piece of machinery or equipment that more people have been angrier at than the printer, other than you know.
Speaker 2: The computer in general, I think.
Speaker 4: But all right, here we go, taking deep breath, we're diving in JT and livermore. Wait what Democrats are criticizing Trump's choices for leadership positions. They're claiming that some of his choices don't have relevant experience. Dems, does the name Kamala Harris ring a bell? How about mayor Pete for that matter, how about the name Joe Biden? You know that's pretty good that we, including me, would say this.
Speaker 2: Hegxef guy.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's going to be running one of the biggest bureaucracies in the world and does hea amity experience? And we have hired a number of people that really run the biggest bureaucracy in the world, the US freaking government, that have no experience running anything at all large or complicated. Moving along, because it's a lot guys. Did Marjorie Taylor Green take herself out of contention? There's no other way that this boneheaded denomination could have happened.
Speaker 2: How about this?
Speaker 4: Trump is loyal to loyalists, but most of all, he believes that gates legal problems were just like his political law fair battles, unlike any AG appointments. Since JFK named his brother RFK, and for the same reasons as a bulwark against the FBI and the Justice Department. The typical AG is an establishment type with Ivy League credentials.
Speaker 2: In years of this Town connections, Trump's.
Speaker 4: First term was one long battle with the Justice Department enemies before election today to today. And of course Trump has always had a sleazy lawyer as a fixer, Henry. That's the best analysis I have heard anywhere. He's the new Michael Cohen.
Speaker 2: That is good.
Speaker 4: I think about that all the time. With JFK naming his brother RFK is the Attorney General. When a Republican picks somebody, they know, well, it's a sycophant, acolyte toady. But people on the left love that picture of JFK and RFK, you know, in a room thinking together, why is that like super cool that he named his brother attorney general. But Trump picking somebody that's loyal to him is just obviously rotten.
Speaker 2: I don't guess. It's almost like they're.
Speaker 4: Lying hypocrites who have no actual principles. They just pretend to You don't get that. I just think that's it.
Speaker 2: You get it. They have no principles. J. T. Wrights. The Trump Show is truly a comedy.
Speaker 4: Now we're watching the worst cabinet picks ever, sex with underage girls, no problem, part time TV talk show host awesome. Trump is an idiot who will destroy the economy with his gross incombidence and senility.
Speaker 2: Okay, different, that's just like your opinion, man Kevin.
Speaker 4: Gents, While at first I was wholly skeptical of mister hegg Seth running the Pentagon, I've since changed my mind generally, As you guys mentioned yesterday, the Pentagon chief is a political player, someone who's far, far removed from the actual conditions on the ground. Having someone who's seen the issues plaguing troops in modern times and up close could certainly lead to some good changes. When was the last time Lloyd Austin had to lace up his boots? And grab or rock this century. I think this is how you break the cycle. And I'm on board for Hegseeth.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm way more.
Speaker 4: Susceptible to being argued into a Hegzeth choice as being good as a Matt Gates.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're not even in the same category.
Speaker 4: And finally, this Elon Musk right Stan the first white African American mail appointed to the new Department of Government Efficiency.
Speaker 2: This is truly historic. Well played, and my boy, that's really good. Love it. Drop us a note mail bag at Armstrong In Geddi dot.
Speaker 4: Com, we got some more reactions to one of the bigger political days in a long time, and that's saying something coming up if you miss it, gets podcast Armstrong in Getty on the Man Armstrong and Getty, Well, Katie, I've gotten two different texts from different people at the Justice Department who just use the word insane.
Speaker 5: To respond and react to this potential appointment.
Speaker 1: Heads are also exploding at the Justice Department because this goes against the kind of candidate Republican or Democrat the DOJ sees as an appropriate candidate. And this is making everyone's head explode right now.
Speaker 4: We're all watching it on the models in real time, and I'm sure I'll have.
Speaker 5: A lot more opinions on that President Trump is going to hit the Justice Department the blowtorch, and Matt Gates is that torch.
Speaker 4: So that's from Sean Hannity, a montage of people on the mainstream media and on the avowed left shocked and appalled at Matt Gates being nominated as the attorney general pick from Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: But to be they woke up shocked and appalled.
Speaker 4: As far as I'm to be fair, there are as many, maybe more shocked than appalled, people that are Republicans in government feeling exactly the same way, some of them saying out loud, a lot of them not yet. So it's not just a lefty thing. It's not just a thumb on the eye of the Libs. It's the thumb of the eye of everyone, which I'm about to get to in a second. I had another point on that Ben Gates and name him and I'm just people going crazy. And then while this, while all this stuff was being said on MSNBC and CNN and ABC and CBS and NBC on Fox, they were like making it like the fourth story of the day, because I think they weren't sure to handle it. Oh yeah, I'm sure the brass was having what the effort we was supposed to say about this meeting to you know, issue the orders down to their their hosts. Maybe I'll do this first and then we'll hear from Senator Mullins with some comment last year about Matt Gates. This is from Mark Hauprin's newsletter. H you know, because this is me talking before I read from his newsletter.
Speaker 2: Trump is.
Speaker 4: Crazy like a fox and crazy. He's both. So he's crazy like a fox and crazy. And I was thinking it was his first crazy, just crazy, his second crazy just crazy, But could be the crazy like a fox, because Mark Alprin writes that you wouldn't have to visit any more than three booths at the Capitol Grill to hear it be said that team Trump has no intention of actually getting Gates confirmed. That he has thrown Gates out there to be the sacrificial lamb of the confirmation gods so he can go down in flames, and so that others might garner fifty votes and take up their cabinet positions. Because there's usually only like enough momentum attention everything else to like really battle one person and then the other people get through, and that Gates might beat. Okay, you know, blow up your capital on this and all your ink or however you want to look at it to tweet and then get my other people through.
Speaker 2: Possible. Right.
Speaker 4: I have heard that described through the years as a strategy, and.
Speaker 2: It could be.
Speaker 4: If that is the idea, then you've got to approach it completely differently. You got to think, Okay, never, he wasn't serious about Gates being the ag So I'm not going to criticize the pick. Taking it seriously, I'm not going to waste your time or mine. If I'm convinced that that was the strategy. I'm not entirely convinced yet. I'm not convinced yet either. Possible though that you know, he's doing a solid for Gates, who you know, forced McCarthy out as speaker, which Trump wanted, and Trump's doing him, you know, a favor back. Gates resigned immediately from the House, stopping this ethics report that comes out tomorrow because you can't release You're not supposed to release a report on a guy who's no longer a member. I mean, what's the point again? Join me in praying it doesn't leak. You'd hate to see something leak in Washington TC, especially if it's got lurid sexual details about somebody I don't even like.
Speaker 2: That would be the.
Speaker 4: Worst Casey Christmas. That's funny, but you can probably order it in hardcover. But if Gates had resigned otherwise to avoid this, I mean, then it's just one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: It looks awful.
Speaker 4: But if you're resigning because well, I'm the Attorney General nominee, now I can't be busy in the house, I tell you what. Why don't we play a little audio from last year? Mark Wayne Mullen, who we hit it off with. He's a senator from Oklahoma. He's a plumbing contractor, an amateur MMA fighter, a family man. Just I love him in the Senate. Absolutely, He's one of my favorite people in government. And he's also a good and decent human being. And he said this about Matt Gates.
Speaker 6: You got a thing about this guy. This is a guy that didn't have the media didn't give a time a day to after he was accused of sleeping with an underage girl. And there's a reason why no one and the conference came defendit him because we had all seen the videos he was showing on the house floor that all of us had walked away, of the girls that he had slept with. He'd brag about how he would crush ed medicine and chase it with with an energy drink so he could go all night. This is obviously before he got married, and so when that accusation came out, no one definded him, and then no one on the media would give him the time of the day. All of a sudden, he found fame because he opposed the speaker of the house back in November, and he's always stayed there and he was never going to leave until he got this last moment of fame by saying bye, by going after a motion to vacate.
Speaker 4: So it's funny Matt Gets doesn't look like the kind of guy that has wild sex parties. No, wait, he does look exactly like that kind of guy. Yeah, I wonder if he and Diddy were part of a chat group on Well that's a little over the top, I was little okay, granted.
Speaker 2: That's a little much for me.
Speaker 4: Please, I'd like to distance myself from the comments of the gentleman from Illinois.
Speaker 2: Where I was. I oh, uh, let me let me address.
Speaker 4: The the the Trump fanatics among us. Who gets and I get you getting this and I hope you get me widding you Okay?
Speaker 2: Are you from? Do you want to be seen? That's it?
Speaker 4: Make them feel that sae yes, and the phrasing they use, you want them to feel seen and heard. I think you're heard heard, seen, yeah, snig okay, all right, I'd like to be seen.
Speaker 2: I feel seen right now.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I'm You're gonna have to speak for me anyway. The DOJ absolutely did Trump dirty, undeniably. We don't have to go through all this, do we No? The Russia Gaid and Straw and Page and Komy and the rest of it. Uh, the intelligence community, it bears all the earmarks of a Russian information campaign. Yeah, Hunter's laptop absolute just I mean, they had the fix in every way they could. They hated Trump. The defis a court madness, wire taps of unjustifiable origin, all of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, my answer to you is Rosa Parks.
Speaker 4: Many, many, many, tired, hard working black women had been ordered to the back of the bus, but they wanted the perfect plaintiff. They wanted a woman so above suspicion, so decent and honorable, that she was the perfect plaintiff to bring the history making civil rights case. You want somebody to go in and whoop ass on the corruption in the DOJ. You can't pick a scumbag. You gotta pick a white night, no racial connotation intended. You got to pick somebody pure of heart and soul. Who's gonna go in there and whoop ass. And the minute somebody questions his motivations, you say, are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: You're saying that about this person. This person is beyond reproach. That's who you.
Speaker 4: Need, right, So, I mean, because so I sympathize with your your resentment of the DOJ in the intelligent community and stuff like that. Telsea Gabbard falls into the same you know, you know parentheses, but you gotta have somebody above reproach. Yeah, the federalist, Oh, I often agree with it, but not always put out a statement, we need to take a wrecking ball to the dog DOJ.
Speaker 2: Matt Gates is just the man for the job. First sentence harm.
Speaker 4: Percent correct, second sentence arm percent wrong. Just for the reasons you explain, Yeah, you need like the perfect with the person with no baggage, and you can't go after and discredit in any way to take this on and man that this is the last guy for that. A tweet that was making the round yesterday. It's pretty funny from radio host Michael Smart kanish I suspect Christy Nolan was thrilled, thrilled when Pete Hegseeth was selected, and now Pete Hegseeth is thrilled to have Matt Gates, and Matt Gates can't wait for Robert F.
Speaker 2: Kennedy to be named. Yeah, yeah, I get that.
Speaker 4: To your point earlier about who's going to be the number one sacrificial lamb. Wow, I was up until yesterday thinking no chance RFK Junior gets an actual cabinet position. I'm thinking no, probably a coin flip. Maybe he does, or at least nominated. Mike Johnson, Speaker of the House, a very bright and reasonable guy clip forty two.
Speaker 7: Everyone who served with him, we'll say he's one of the most intelligent members of Congress. He's an accomplished attorney. He's very concerned about the lawfair that has been occurring in the Department of Justice under the Biden administration.
Speaker 2: Wow. I didn't hear that for Mike Johnson yesterday, even.
Speaker 4: Had Lindsey Graham, who you claimed hates Gates, said this in forty five.
Speaker 8: He deserves a chance to pick his cabinet. I am predisposed to allow him to do that. I think Matt Matt Gates is very bright. I think he's qualified. He'll have a hearing and he'll have some tough questions to answer. But to every Republican, please follow a process to give President Trump the ability to pick the people he thinks can do the job.
Speaker 4: Mark Fieson of the Washington Post, conservative columnist who I often agree with, gates announcement is a huge unforced error. Putting aside the fact that he's disastrously unfit for the job. I can't imagine can be confirmed. Well McConnell, Collins, and Murkowski vote for him.
Speaker 2: I doubt it.
Speaker 4: That's down to fifty, which means just one more Republican vote no, and he loses many to choose from. And this recess appointment gambit is deeply troubling. As someone who wants Trump to succeed, this is not the way to do it, writes Mark Fieson in the Washington Post.
Speaker 2: Why pick a.
Speaker 4: Fight with the Senate that could backfire over Gates, especially when there are so many great conservative lawyers who have been fighting for him and would be easily confirmed to do a great job.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't have the list at my disposal, but some of the guys, some of the brilliant constitutional lawyers who've been on Trump's side fighting the law there, they could get in there and again put a whooping to ours.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So there's almost a guaranteed three no's which gets you to fifty. You can't lose one more. God, I think your trolling idea if I'm a Democrat is fantastic. You take a couple of Democratic senators may come out and make it clear to their constituents. I'm just doing this to put the Republicans in spot and then you got to get other Republicans come out and vote. Know. Oh and another thing about this, the background check for Attorney general is super detailed, thorough and deep, but not like not like anything he has ever been through before.
Speaker 2: Oh so that alone could be damned interesting. We're going to learn all about his sex life. We're going to learn all about his life. I don't don't want to know about his sex life. I kind of kind of do. I think, I don't know now if it's high school girls, I don't want.
Speaker 5: To know that.
Speaker 4: Can I opt out? Finally, I want to run this because I love Trey Gouty. Trump fans love Treyouty. How do you not love Trey Gouty?
Speaker 2: Forty four, the haircut.
Speaker 3: H well personality resigned from the House. They were getting ready to drop a scathing report on him. You know, House Ethics Committee had been investigating him for a long time for a lot of things. But I'm sure these senators are going to give him a chance. You're gonna want to read that ethics report. They're gonna want to read the investigative file that the FBI and d OJ accumulated on him when he was under investigation for sexual related crimes. So they're gonna want to know all of that. I give the present tremendous credit. John Ratcliffe, Mike Wallas, others absolute A plus picks. The more you get to know Hexith and Tulsea Gabbert, the more you're gonna like her. The more you get to know Matt Gates, the less you're gonna like him. I'm gonna be really surprised if he can get confirmed.
Speaker 4: That fits in with the Gates as a sacrificial lamb theory. Yes, Telsea Gabbert, you might want to remember when Trump killed Solomanee, the Iranian thug. She came out and said there was no justification whatsoever for the US government to kill Solomane.
Speaker 2: She's going to be the DNI director if she gets confirmed.
Speaker 4: She is shockingly soft on Putin and Bashar al asade In Si.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, interesting worldview.
Speaker 4: We've got a lot more to talk about today, including there's another soccer match between Israel and a European country and they're bringing out the security for that. It's quite the story. We've got Katie's headlines on the way a little bit stay here, Hetty. Quite Game of Thrones level, like nobody's going to get their head chopped off or anything like that.
Speaker 2: But some of this is this on purpose?
Speaker 4: Is this the old sy up switcheroo double back five dimensional chess thing that Trump is doing? Is kind of interesting to follow, and I'm not exactly sure which it is, But more on that a little bit later, Yeah, Or is it just floundering it's hard to tell. Keeps it interesting, for sure. So much to get to today, Let's get to this who's reporting what? It's the lead story with Katie Green. Katie starting with The New York Times. Republicans win control of the House, cementing a GOP trifecta under Trump. You know, I heard somebody on the left make this point, and I thought, you know, that's pretty true. For a giant wave election, securing the House by like two seats is not much of a wave. That's a decent point. I mean, Trump, you look at the map, huge win, blah blah blah, all that sort of stuff, taken back the Senate. But yeah, usually a wave election, you got a good, solid cushion in the House, and they're gonna have just a handful of seats, especially after Trump has picked out a couple of Republicans for cabinet positions, and those seats might be in risk. Now is the time, and I could go on for some length on this, but I won't hear. Now is the time for moderate Democrats to reinsert themselves and reinvent your party and get away from the woke lunatics, because there's plenty we can get done across the aisle because y'all are perfectly reasonable people and we know it.
Speaker 2: Shake off the lunatics.
Speaker 9: From ABC News, New La DA speaks out on Menendez brothers fight for freedom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've got some audio on that a little bit later.
Speaker 4: Boy, you gotta go way deep on my list of things to care about before I get to the his brothers. Well, it's it's interesting because the new guy is saying that gascon it was purely a political move and we're ending this nut job view of crime and punishment in.
Speaker 2: La And I love that. Yeah, love it. From brightbart dot com.
Speaker 9: Inflation heated up. Heated up in October, highest monthly rates since April.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you were on the left, your headline was that prices for groceries actually were down for the first time year over year in four years.
Speaker 2: But the worst news is that inflation actually ticked back up a little bit.
Speaker 9: From The New York Post, Jill Biden's apparent cold shoulder to Kamala Harris ignites social media.
Speaker 2: Yeah, does it?
Speaker 4: And give me a list of the people who got ignited by that so I could never be near them for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: But is there a anger from Joe Biden with Kamala Harris. Sure looked like it. Jinker.
Speaker 9: They were quite icy towards each other.
Speaker 2: You're a woman. What's with the women? He got the clouds out name. Malania didn't show up.
Speaker 4: Malani didn't show up yesterday like you're supposed to do so, Jill, Doctor Jill had to give her a note.
Speaker 2: And then apparently Jill was cold to Kamalo Mayor. Yeah, I've got to apologize.
Speaker 4: I was thinking of the doctor Jill and Malania thing, which I don't care about at all. If doctor Jill and Kamala are at each other's throats, yeah, I'm kind of.
Speaker 2: Interested in that, just for purely per purposes.
Speaker 9: From the Associated Press, the satirical news publication, The Onion won the bidding for Alex Jones Info Wars at a bankruptcy option.
Speaker 4: The Onion bought Info Wars Alex Jones, who's been rehabilitated somehow by Tucker Carlson.
Speaker 2: What's had the Onion gonna do with Info Wars? I wonder? From CBS.
Speaker 9: Two more escaped monkeys captured in South Carolina and given peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
Speaker 4: And fruit loops. You can't reward them for their escape. You need to punish them in solitary.
Speaker 2: What they're rewarding before coming to nice PBNJ.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 9: And finally, the Babylon Bee Tesla introduces self crashing car for women.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, No, I won't have that agyny misogyny from our sexist.
Speaker 2: Air that because it's hilarious.
Speaker 4: We've got more of the news of the day and other stuff on the way. I hope you can stay here, armstrong and getdy.