Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios podcasts, Radio News, Stock Movers podcast. This is your roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and beyond. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg data. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. We do that with Bloomberg's John Tucker.
Speaker 2: John, what you gutt Let's start with an overseas stock guys, that's taken a hit and you'll know why. It's IAG and they all British Airways, Yeah. And the whole of British Airways, of course, is Heathrow Airport. BA says in a statement. The shutdown Heathrow from that electrical outage is going to quote clearly have a significant impact on our operation and our customers, and we're working as quickly as possible to update them on the travel options for the next twenty four hours and beyond. About six hundred and seventy seven flights affected by British Airways British Airways alone, that doesn't count the sixty two for virgin Yeah, and forty two at least forty two for Deutschel Duftanza. By the way, it brings up the question and put on your thinking cav what are the busiest airports in the world and rank them.
Speaker 1: You know, well, Dubai's got to be up there.
Speaker 2: Singapore Atlanta's number one, followed by yes, Dubai, Tokyo, Heathrow he throws number four, and then Dallas Fort Worth and then Denver is surprising, I guess in the New York metropolitan area. JSK doesn't rank way up there because we've got JFK Newark and.
Speaker 3: Put all those war together.
Speaker 2: But yeah, what else? Next one? This is kind of obvious, and it's the earnings from FedEx lowering the full year guidance for a third consecutive quarter. So they say the adjusted earnings are now expected to be in the range of eighteen to eighteen dollars sixty cents per share this fiscal year. So what's the big deal? They're blaming inflation and uncertain demand. FedEx the latest company in the US to sound the alarm amid weakening consumer confidence and the potential fallout from a President Trump's escalating trade war. They make a lot of the stuff over the border. The company has always been considered something of a bell They ship a lot of stuff of course worldwide, something of a bell weather because they're exposed to a big part of the global economy. Volumes also hit by the expiration of the contract to carry packages for the US Postal Service. Now Lee Glasgow at Bloomberg Intelligence covers the company. He says the tariff proposals, including one to revoke the so called deminimous exemption for low value shipments, that made package demand at profits especially difficult for FEDEC to predict. I love this, he says. Quote they throw a number out there and just are hoping for the best at this point.
Speaker 3: That is Lee clascal cynicism at its best, which I love. That's one of the reasons I hired him to take the company line.
Speaker 2: Another earning story Nike, The comeback there looks like it just stumbled, the company signaling further declines in revenue and profitability. The company trying to clear out old inventory through heavy discounting, but inventory levels remain elevated across all categories, they say in the gross margin expended to decline sharply in the current quarter, demands fading for some of the biggest sneaker franchises. Nike also cites a backdrop of weak consumer spending it and fallout from the trade war. You got to wonder, like in past, when a lot of companies blame the weather or something like that, if that's going to fall under the category of the trade.
Speaker 1: War as well. It's easy.
Speaker 2: It's a easy excuse. It might be legitimate too. Up next, the ticker symbol m S G S there two because there's msg S and MSG.
Speaker 3: The Dolan family has a control.
Speaker 2: Stock Madison Square Gardens Sports. So after the Celtics, that's staggering six point one billion dollars sale. We asked the question, how does that impact the value of other NBA teams, and the Knicks were the only one that come close to being publicly traded. MSGS also covers the Rangers as well, so they're actually part of the Madison Square Gardens Sports. The shares jumped to the trading volume also searched on that news.
Speaker 3: Well, it's got an enterprise value five point seven billion dollars MSG, and that's got to be way higher than Celtics because a it's New York and be you get the building the world's most famous.
Speaker 1: Arun's it I mean kudas to wick Resspec and the team at Bob Boston. I mean they purchased that team in two thousand and two for three hundred and sixty million dollars and now it's six point one seventeen x.
Speaker 2: What's the most valuable sports franchise, Cowboys? Yeah, by far, Like that's like over ten billion. Question.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.