Speaker 1: What's that at the bed? It's spooky and kooky. I'm pretty sure it's dead. It's coming this way. Wait a minute, Hey, I got said hi Ross dress ends. Hey boo, it's me Roz dress for least. It's my favorite day up the month because it is Listener Thursday. We has some good stories like always Gosh. I love talking to you guys. It's so much fun. So if you have a Listener story, you know what to do. Send me an email ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. Make sure you write in the headline Listener episode and then hopefully we can work it out so you can be on one of the upcoming Listener episodes. Also, of course, I gotta tell you about the live show in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Still have a kind of a.
Speaker 1: Number of tickets left. I'm sure it'll sell out just like last time. But I want I want to sell these tickets and I want to keep taking the show, you know, I want to take it on the road and just do more live shows. So please, if you can come to the live show and get those tickets, you can get them on Cavernclubtheater dot com or there's a link in my Instagram bio and the show will be the twenty first of January, which is eight Tuesday. I know, but it'll still be a great time. We've got Alessandra Torresni and I've got some more exciting things at my sleeve that I'll tell you about soon, and that will be in Los Angeles Cavern Club Theater. I hope to see you there all right on with the show. Hi is this Allison?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, itriend, It's Mera.
Speaker 1: How are you? Oh my god?
Speaker 4: I am so excited me too.
Speaker 1: Where are you calling from? Where am I calling you? Where are you at?
Speaker 4: I'm calling from Nantucket. That's where I live. It's an island thirty miles off the coast of Massachusetts.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. I don't think I've ever talked to someone from Nantucket. I feel fancy.
Speaker 4: Well, we got to get you out here.
Speaker 1: Sounds good than me.
Speaker 4: Other ghosts there there are. I have some, actually, some really good stories. There's actually a man who does a ghost tour out here that's really well done. But the story that I have for you is actually from Pennsylvania, which is where I'm originally from.
Speaker 1: Okay, so.
Speaker 4: A little bit different from a Nantucket ghost, but still I grew up listening to the story my parents. It's a story from my parents when they were newly married and they were living in a townhouse that they reached recently purchased. It was part of a development that was built on farmland that had been in the same family since the eighteenth century. The original farmhouse that was on the property actually still had the descendants of the family living in it. Oh wow, So my parents, they were living in the house for several months. Every night, my mom would wake up at the same time, around three o'clock in the morning. Never a good time, No, it's never a good thing to be up at three am. And one night she was up and she was staring kind of like straight ahead, and she sees this figure of a girl. She looked like she was about ten years old old, long blonde hair. She was dressed in kind of like old fashioned country type clothing, and she was really like disheveled and dirty, as though she'd been playing outside in the dirt. And she was a full figure. My mom could see her solidly, and she started gliding towards the bed.
Speaker 1: Oh gliding, yeah, the ground.
Speaker 4: My mom just hid under the covers. She just was like I'm not I'm not having any of this. But at the same time, my dad had actually been awake unbeknownst to my mom. They were awake at the same time, and my dad saw the same exact thing. They were talking about it when they woke up in the morning. My dad had been waking up around three am two and he saw the girl at the end of the bed and she started gliding over towards his side of the bed, and she locked eyes with him and then just disappeared, So he saw the whole thing. My mom kind of duck and covered.
Speaker 1: So he scared her off.
Speaker 4: I don't know if he scared her off, but she definitely made that eye contact connection, so they were they were aware of each other. But what really makes this story pop's a good word for it. A couple of weeks after my parents, you know, had this experience and we're talking about it with each other, they went to a nearby market and they were at the checkout counter and the cashier was a teen age girl with long blonde hair, and she looked exactly like the ghost girl that my parents saw, except if she had been slightly older. My parents looked at each other, they were like Oh, my gosh, you see what I'm seeing. And then they were paying with the check and they handed the check to the cashier and she looks at it and she said, oh, you live on what was my family's farmland, So descendant?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do we think? Do we think it was like that kind of thing where it was like the imprint of her being a kid stuck there or do you think it was like a relative that looked just like her that might have passed away there? Who was it?
Speaker 4: I think I think it was a descendant from you know, the family had owned this farmland for generations, and she looked very similar to her. It wasn't I don't think it was the same person, But I definitely think it was somebody from probably early on, just based on the clothing that she was wearing. You know, it wouldn't make sense, makes sense, yeah, with the time period.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But did they have other things happening there the house? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean that that was it that they noticed. They didn't stay in the house that long. It was when they were newly married and it was their first house together. But that was the only thing that I grew up knowing.
Speaker 1: Have you had experiences, Oh, I have what there.
Speaker 4: There was a house on Nantucket that my I had a friend who my father knew, and he was caretaking the house, and it was this old house that had been multiple generations living in there, and I was downstairs. I've had a few things happen at this house. The first thing that happened was my my parents were both out of the house and I was downstairs by myself, and all of a sudden, I see this shadow coming out of what was the powder room bathroom downstairs, and it's this man and he has this very large hat on that was just really noticeable, and it freaked me out. And my mother, who's an author and a historian, she did research on the house. And one of the owners at that time was a whaling captain, and the sole reason that he really wanted to be a whaling captain was so he could be somebody that would wear that hat, the wailing captain's hat.
Speaker 1: Stop. So he saw this hat and he was like, what job can I wear that hat? Every day?
Speaker 4: Exactly? If only that's how we all chose our jobs that we would wear. But it was we looked at the old plants, like the original plants in the house and that powder room bathroom downstairs was actually the old pantry, so it would kind of make sense that somebody would be wandering around from there, and you know, water and ghosts and all that.
Speaker 1: Did you see him or you just saw the shadow of the man?
Speaker 4: I saw the shadow of the man, I think because it was on the floor. It wasn't like a full body apportion.
Speaker 3: Coming at me.
Speaker 4: It was coming kind of like from the floor.
Speaker 1: But you could tell it was a big old hat.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it was kind of like an Abraham Lincoln looking hat, you know, just big top hat. Can't really miss it.
Speaker 1: Amazing What else happened to that house?
Speaker 4: So my sister, we were in high school at the time, and she was taking an ap history class and she was learning about the Civil War. And she was sitting and doing her homework and she's reading about the Civil War out loud, and this bell starts ringing the house and there isn't a bell in the house. And the man one of the families that had lived there, he had fought in the Civil War. He was one of the Nantucketers that went and was fighting in the Civil War. So that was pretty creepy. My sister actually never went back in the house. After this one incident that happened. We were all upstairs in the attic because that family had written all of their initials from every family member on the beams of the house right in the attic. I mean they even had the cat's name. They had everything, and it.
Speaker 1: Was like carved down or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was really it was really cool because it was from the eighteen hundreds and there was one set of initials that we were all trying to figure out what it said because we couldn't really tell because again, it was from the eighteen hundreds, and sometimes it's gone by and somebody whispered in my sister's ear R. And it turns out that it actually was our my mom, being the historian and author, she did research and it was I think the I forget what the brother's name was, but it began with an R. And my sister was so freaked out she did not go back in the house.
Speaker 1: Ooh it was row for Ronald or somebody. Oh yeah, yeah, I don't like the word.
Speaker 4: And my father's heard whistling in there. And the owners of the house of her the furniture moving around.
Speaker 1: Do those friends still live there?
Speaker 4: They rent the house out. They're not there all the time, and we've actually read in some of it's actually funny. You know, a rental house will have a guest book. There were some kids that wrote in the guest book and they were.
Speaker 3: Talking about how it was kind of.
Speaker 4: Haunted for them. So I wonder what experiences they had, especially because there's a room upstairs that has a twin bedroom, and that room, I don't care if it's a gorgeous July afternoon. That room is always so dark and menacing. I don't know how anyone could stay in that room.
Speaker 1: Is it like an airbnb situation where people are constantly coming in and out?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's very similar to that.
Speaker 1: Well, I know where I'm not staying when I come to Nantagat.
Speaker 4: It's funny even driving by the house at night when everything's dark, there is this this unnatural darkness that surrounds the house. It's very creepy.
Speaker 1: Wow, and the ghosts with the big hats. That's my favorite thing I've heard all day is a man that wanted to wear a hat and he tried to figure out he worked backwards with his career plans. He says, I have the hat, where can I wear this, that's amazing.
Speaker 4: Why he wouldn't make a very good high school guidance counselor what do you want to wear every day?
Speaker 3: Go from there?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's great.
Speaker 4: It has a lot of hauntings, I think, both residual and you know, it's it's cool because there are so many old houses out here and so many big things that happened in history.
Speaker 1: So yeah, thank you so much for calling. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Of course. Of course, my whole family we're all such huge fans of yours, so this is awesome.
Speaker 1: Oh cool, Well tell them, I said, Hey boo, Hi is this Sarah?
Speaker 5: It is Hayboo, heyboo, it's me Roz.
Speaker 1: How's it going good? Where are you at?
Speaker 5: I'm in Vancouver, Canada.
Speaker 1: Cool. I always say that I've never met a Sarah that I didn't like. So don't mess this up.
Speaker 5: Just kidding, don't suck it up, all right?
Speaker 1: So, Sarah, what is this ghost story haunted University?
Speaker 3: This?
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, everything in Nova Scotia, where I'm from, on the other side of the country, is everything is haunted. There's ghosts everywhere.
Speaker 2: Why but yeah, it's it.
Speaker 5: Was one of the first places settled by colonizers, let's say white Europeans. Yes, and there's been a lot of explosions. The Halifax, this capital city of Nova Scotia, blew up entirely. There's a really haunted restaurant there. There's a lot of history, a lot of war, and yeah, you name it, it's probably got a ghost.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: So did you have a lot of experiences growing up?
Speaker 5: I had, some my friends had more than I did. I didn't really have anything creepy happen until I got to university and I lived in the haunted dorm.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is this university?
Speaker 5: It is called Saint Francis Xavier University. It is in a very small town in Nova Scotia. I think it's like two hundred years old at this point, maybe even more. And it was very Catholic back in the day, and it's still kind of Catholic now. But nuns used to live there, and there was a priest school. I forget the murd fraud, but yeah, nons we used to live on campus. And a nun became pregnant way back in eighteen hundreds because she had an affair with the priest. Scandal. Juicy, very juicy, but because of this, she was really filled with a lot of shame and guilt and grief because you know, it's one of the vowels you don't have sex. So she jumped off the balcony of one of the dorms I lived in, and since then there's been sightings of the Blue Nun hanging around. So when I got to the university, we had the house orientation and they told us about the Blue Nun, and I was a little bit skeptic. I was like, Okay, things are haunted. I know, school of old that, but this is like part of the orientation, Like you are told about the blue Nun because you have to be aware of the Blue Nun.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, it's that big a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're very serious about this at home and like.
Speaker 1: Even through the college, like that's part of the of the orientation. It's like they tell these people that are given the orientation, make sure you mention that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know if it's official official, but everybody, like I lived in the same dorm for two years and both years with orientation. All the we call them residents assistants. So it's like someone who kind of like looks after the dorm floors. They all said, yeah, so here's you know, fire exits, here's where the blue nun was spotted last year. Please be aware if you live in these rooms, you may encounter her. And I had two friends who lived in one of the most and some of the active rooms. I should I should call them, and they had they had stuff happened, they had stuff be moved around. My friend had her computer turn on one night and her voice or text to voice program started talking to her in a weird language.
Speaker 4: Weird.
Speaker 5: So that's yeah. But I had a kind of encounter with the blue nun, sort of do you want to hear about that? Uh?
Speaker 1: I'm obsessed with the blue Nun.
Speaker 5: So I lived on the second floor of Camden Hall and there were two other dorms attached to it, one called Marguerite and one called Gilmoura. Now Gilmoura, it's where the nun jumped off the balcony and just my luck, the balcony was directly across from my window, so I have my blinds down for the entire two years I lived there. I was not looking at the balcony. I didn't want to see her. I was just like, no, I'm not having this. So one night, I'm writing a paper and I could hear footsteps just running up and down the hall upstairs, constant, constant something, and I was just like, this is really annoying. It's midterms, we're all busy, but I have stuff to do. Everything else is stuff to do. I'm gonna go upstairs. And my friend was in the hallway coming to get me. Be like, we're going upstairs and we're gonna yell at them because this is super distracting. So we go upstairs and we get down to we turned the corner to get into the third floor camden of our dorm, and all the lights are off. Every light is off, every door is closed. There is nobody around, and we were kind of like, okay, weird, and we turn around. This's a note on someone's door saying floor dinner gone out back at ten, and at this point it was eight o'clock. So we were like, okay, fine, no, someone's running around from the other dorm. So we go talk to our friends and they said, no, nobody's here. Everybody's gone to a hockey game. So yeah, we don't know what's going on. So we were like, okay, this is probably her. So we go back downstairs and I say, if this is I said, out loud, if this is the nun, make a noise above us, And there were three thumps above us on the floor. I was on the ceiling from the floor above and we were just like nope. And as we started walking down the hall, the footsteps or thumping whatever it was, kept following us towards our rooms.
Speaker 1: Is somebody told me one time that you hear three knocks and that's a dmon.
Speaker 5: I mean, she's I'm a big gay, so maybe she could sense that and didn't like it.
Speaker 2: So she was.
Speaker 5: Out of me.
Speaker 1: She's a pregnant nune goes and she yeah, that's where she draws the line. Ooh, that's spooky.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So when I got back to my room, I closed and I said, okay, that was that was creepy. And then there were three more knocks on the floor above me where I know nobody was home.
Speaker 1: Is the movie The Non based on your college experience, you know what.
Speaker 5: I watched that and I was like, huh, this looks vaguely familiar.
Speaker 3: Maybe this is based on some true but people.
Speaker 1: Would say that she like looked blue.
Speaker 5: She's the figure of her is a little bit blue. From from what I've heard from people, she's you can tell by looking at her. She's a none. She's wearing a habit. She's kind of translucent, and she gives off kind of like a blue light.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you should play Sister the Sister Act soundtrack and see if that'll bring her out.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, next time I go home, I'm going to drive around campus playing it and see what happens. I mean, who doesn't love Boffy Goldberg.
Speaker 1: Come on, I know even a ghost that would. Did she sen the movie Ghost? For goodness sakes? Okay, what is it? What were you talking about? A haunted farm?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: When the haunted farm? The haunted farm is It's also in this small town on the I been on the outskirts of this small town, and we all called it the mary Ellen Spook Farm. It was owned by a family by the last name McDonald, and mister McDonald and missus McDonald adopted a foster child late eighteen hundreds. Her name was Mary Ellen. And when Mary Ellen moved in, all these weird fires would start around the property. But it wasn't like in a fireplace or on stove. It would be on the wall, or on the roof or in a broom, and they all assumed Mary Allen was a pyre maniac. But then they realized, like that the fires aren't happening from her, there happening in her vicinity. So they called in a priest, and they called in I think actually Sherlock Holmes came over to investigate this at one point, like it was that Charlotte calls with the like the Sherlock Holmes figure, like that kind of guy came over to.
Speaker 2: Investigate it and real or no, the guy that like a detective.
Speaker 5: The stories were based on, Like he came over to do some research, like this is insane, and they just like, you know, there was no electricity, and then they kind of realized that something had attached itself to Mary Ellen. So she slept in the barn one night and then the barn roof caught on fire. But her foster father was watching her and he said she was sleeping on the floor all night. There's no way she could have got up on the roof to start a fire. And eventually the house burned down and McDonald's moved out and Mary Allen moved on somewhere else. But the legend goes that if you go pick up anything from where the remnants of the farm are now and you bring it back to your house or in our case, the campus, you bring back whatever it was attached to, Mary Ellen a part of it. So there was, yeah, I'm not sure if it's a demon. Everybody assumes it's a demon just because of how malev went it is. And there was a party one night and this girl kind of started having a bit of a People thought she was having a seizure. She kept saying, put it back, put it back, put it back, and people were just like, oh my god, she's having this stroke. She's having a seizure. And then she stopped and then she said, everything's fine. He put it back. At the exact same time, her boyfriend and his friends were off roading with his new truck and they stopped at the marionn. Spook Farm and he said to his friends, don't touch anything, don't take anything. Of course, one of his friends pocketed a piece of the foundation. His brand new car wouldn't start. They started to smell smoke. This was middle of the night. There's no fires anywhere. And he said to his friends. I know one of you has something.
Speaker 2: Put it back.
Speaker 5: And his friends were kind of sheep, just like no, no, we don't. And he's like, no, seriously, one of you has something.
Speaker 2: The car won't start.
Speaker 5: Put it back. Put it back, now, put it back. And then his friend kind of like just really embarrassed, like, okay, so I took a rock, opened the door, dropped the rock in the ground. The truck starts up immediately and they take tough.
Speaker 1: But and as that was happening, this girl at your party was going through that moment and she was saying, put it back. Yeah, it is so weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's really really weird.
Speaker 1: The Mary Ellen Spook Farm. That is so scary. I want to I well, I almost want to go. I think I'd rather go see the nun. I'm more curious about seeing the nun. But that is such a creepy story.
Speaker 5: It really is. And when I was in my first year of saying effects, a couple of guys went to the farm and brought something back, and they called the campus priest to come over and bless the dorm they were living in because they took.
Speaker 1: It that seriously, Yeah I would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So if you ever.
Speaker 5: Nova, Scotia. I can give you a list of very haunted places to visit. There's a restaurant in Halifax, amazing seafood, so many ghosts.
Speaker 1: Hi is this Megan?
Speaker 3: It is hello?
Speaker 1: So where are you calling from?
Speaker 3: Pittsburgh?
Speaker 1: Pittsburgh? Oh my goodness. And I hear that you and your mom have got some ghosts that like you. Is that true?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, definitely?
Speaker 1: Do you like them?
Speaker 2: Kind of?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well tell me a story.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the first thing that ever happened to me I was in college. I went to a really small religious school. I'm talking twelve hundred students total, what religions in middle of Lutheran Okay, yeah, and it's really old. Eighteen sixty six is when it started. And so you know, with religious schools you have a lot of rules and being very traditional. So they ride out a co ed floor, just one floor in a dorm and fo yeah right. It was like, look, can go round?
Speaker 1: Is that the one that like all the straight people wanted to be in?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I just it was like I don't need any more straight boys near me, thank you.
Speaker 2: But so the way that the floor was set up, you know, there was.
Speaker 3: A common area, so there weren't really that many rooms, so there ended up on mating five girls. So the pathroom was like mercifully empty all the time. Was wonderful. So you know, Pennsylvania gets really cold. The winners, especially where I was, they're really bad. So everything's shut tight. I'm brush my teeth, there's actually nobody around, and this huge breeze rushes past me. My hair moves, I my teeth, and my eyes are shifting around, like what was that? So I just kind of peeked around, like making sure nobody was there. The door was closed, the window was closed. No clue, no clue. Goss, the like cold wind came from.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, these small.
Speaker 3: Old schools, like they all have these like weird ghost stories, and it's just like I think that I think that I lived one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you know what the history was?
Speaker 3: So there? The dorm I was in was from the sixties, and there was absolutely no drinking at this school until two thousand and twelve. And from what I've heard, there was someone that overindulged one weekend at like a frat party and died in the dorm. Oh what happens when you don't let people drink?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, it's also a good reason to use Quip brand toothbrushes. My favorite all I use the keep the Ghosts away.
Speaker 3: If only I would have had it in two and four.
Speaker 1: Oh man, use promo code raws at checkout. Wait that toothbrush.
Speaker 3: You won't regret it.
Speaker 1: What has happened to your mother?
Speaker 3: Oh lord? My mom has always been like very very sensitive. So you know how like grandparents have quirks, like, you know, they like, I'm thirty five and my grandmother still puts like a five dollars bill in a card.
Speaker 1: Oh I love that, though, No, Mo, did your parents keep your teeth?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that my mom has like an envelope of my human teeth from when I was a baby somewhere in the home.
Speaker 3: Still not even not not just that I'm like missing a tooth genetically, and so for a long time I get held like a little fake that I could pop in and out. My mother has that too, and I'm like, that's not cute. That's not cute, mom.
Speaker 1: I love that. That's I'm an only child, you know. Yeah, well, your mom's a ghost lady.
Speaker 3: She is so her grandfather used to always give her dimes and she will just I mean, dimes have literally flown at her just down of nowhere. Oh finds them everywhere.
Speaker 1: Really like just and.
Speaker 3: Like who seriously deals with change? Now?
Speaker 1: Well, I guess her grandfather, but.
Speaker 3: When evans and her dead grandfather.
Speaker 1: So is she just like is she at his home or something or just anywhere? A dime will get thrown.
Speaker 3: At her anywhere. We don't have any of the family at homes, like still within the family, but it will be anywhere she It's it's insane. She also will and I don't know, this kind of freaks me out because it happens me too. She and I look at the clock at the exact same time every day and they're like family birthdays.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting, what time is it?
Speaker 3: So she always sees eight fifteen, which was her father in law's birthday, and then I always look at eight twenty six, which is my birthday, every day like without fail, which I know isn't like paranormal or anything, but it's just like weird. It's so good that it, Yeah, the weirdest thing that's ever happened to my mom. And this just like seriously freaks me out. And I told her somenday that I was going to talk about it, and she was like, oh, yeah, that's a good one. So my grandparents were very abusive to each other, and so that's just the preface for this. My mom asked my grandmother shot. My mom was an adult at this point. She was like, Mom, listen, I'm just going to ask you this. It's been like plaguing me my entire life. Did I fall out of the plate glass window in the living room? And my grandma just like stared at her, like her eyes were wide, and she said, no, you did not. And my mom didn't pick up on the you did not. And my mom's like, but Mama have this memory and she's like, honey, you don't understand that didn't happen to you. And Mom was like, why do it had to have And she's like, no, honey, that happened to me when I was pregnant with you. Your dad pushed me out of the window. So my mom has this memory in.
Speaker 1: Utero, which is like I'm sure that. I mean, I don't know anything about babies. I've never had one myself, but I think that there's there's probably some kind of scientists out there that's like, yeah, it's possible. To have memory. That's like how they say, play classical music to your pregnant belly and then the baby will be happier. I don't know what they say, but I don't think that you can remember falling out a plate glass window.
Speaker 3: I know, And my mom's like I She's like, I remember the feeling of going like backwards out that window.
Speaker 1: Crazy that is.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Your mom must be very.
Speaker 3: Powerful, a witch in all senses of the word.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I mean when going back to the looking at the clock thing too. I Ever since I've known Debora Wilson, I always think about how she always says there's no such thing as coincidences. It has to mean something.
Speaker 3: Definitely.
Speaker 1: Do you ever just throw a dime at your mom just to be funny.
Speaker 3: No, just to see what she was saying, because she like, she feels like she's like communing with her grandfather.
Speaker 2: So like, I don't want to like upset her, got it, he's been dead a long time.
Speaker 3: I don't want her to be like, well, oh, have you ever been to Gettysburg.
Speaker 1: I haven't, No, should I got for I.
Speaker 3: Would host you you get here and the rest of me it is amazing. And this other thing happened to me there. You would have the time of your paranormal life there. Seriously, it's crazy what happened. So there's this area of the battlefield called the Triangular Field, and it just is like in a little corner of woods. It's a very wooded battlefield. They've kind of spinned it out recently, but it is notorious for activity, especially with people's electronics and like literally you can look up like Stetty Burn Trigular Field Haunted.
Speaker 2: Like google it and you'll find stuff about this.
Speaker 5: It's nuts.
Speaker 3: So my dad and I like to he allow when we go there at night because it doesn't close into like ten pm, so even in the sunner it's pitch black. So we went to the Triangular Field. We get out of the car and there's like a They have like a lot of stone fences there, so we get inside the order of the stone fence. There's like a little I don't know what it is with the wind in me, but there's like this little cold breeze and it's the middle of July. The cool breeze goes past us. My camera stopped working, then his camera stopped working. We had identical like legitimately the identical, same digital camera. Because it was you know, the mid two thousands, both of them stopped working. We couldn't. It was like they wouldn't even turn on, and we just kind of looked at each other like what was that? So when we got outside of the stone wall, they started working again.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: The seriously this place is the things that happened there.
Speaker 1: See. If I was to go with you, I feel like I would have to wear so much hairspray and bobby pins because the wind that seems to be attracted to you.
Speaker 3: Right, I don't. I would never want to interrupt your look.
Speaker 1: My wig just flies off because gohoes like I can.
Speaker 3: Wear a similarity. If you want, bring a spare for me. Yeah, you let me know and I'll arrange it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and actually sounds like fun. I really I would like to go out there.
Speaker 3: It's fun. They have ghost tours everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet. Yeah. I feel like I heard was it Gattiesburg? Somebody was telling me a story one time about seeing what they thought was a reenactment show and then they were like, hey, what was that? But maybe this is a fake story. I don't know either way, it's a.
Speaker 2: Good no this is legit. I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: They're like they go to like you know, the staff or whatever whoever works there, and the yeah, oh my god, we saw the best reenactment show ever. It was so crazy. They were all bloody and blah blah blah, and they're like, we didn't have a reenactment show today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that's that's a legit story.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 3: It happens all the time at the visitor center. Like if you talk to any of the park rangers, they're like, yeah, about once a week someone comes up and asks something about this, this or this and it didn't happen. Wow, it's a hot man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 3: Especially in the fall real I go wow, because that's when like they came back to like the families came to clean the bodies.
Speaker 1: Oh that's spooky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so come on out.
Speaker 1: Okay, see you this fall. Jennifer, tell me a ghost story. I heard that you you moved into a haunted house in the nineties.
Speaker 2: I did so. My mom's friends actually bought the house and they were told by the realtor when they moved in that people had reported like crazy things happening and that it might be haunted. So we went into it fully knowing the history and everything.
Speaker 1: What had happened.
Speaker 2: So my mom actually ended up talking to some of the neighbors because we never found out the full story from the realtor just hey, you know, in case something crazy happens, you know, we know about it.
Speaker 1: If something shit goes down, we.
Speaker 2: Disclosed it can't go back. So it was like a crack house or something. It was like totally run down and just like bad things happening there. And we were told that it was like basically there to protect the house and so it wasn't.
Speaker 6: Like cleepy or anything, but the spirit was happening. Yeah, okay, yeah, so it was like it was a good ghost. So basically, like the thing that happened the most was when you were sitting on the couch watching TV. Out of the corner of your eye, the kitchen was to your right and you could see like out of our kitchen window there was a flood lamp, and it seemed like it.
Speaker 2: Just paced back and forth like I don't know if it was like making its round, checking the perimeter whatever it was doing, but it would just pace in front of the window all the time, So you're watching TV and out of the corner of your eye you see the light kind of like blink out for a second and then it's back, and it just blinks out and then it's back. And so there was more annoying than anything because you're like trying to watch some TV here. Yeah. Yeah, So we ended up getting a dog. It was a little puppy and it would just like stand in the hallway and bark. And he didn't know what it was barking at. I mean, obviously he knew it, but like there was nothing there and we're like, it's okay, Like, no, it's cool. And finally I think it got used to it. But my little sister, she was three at the time, and she was like so afraid. And I mean I was thirteen, but I was honestly afraid too. The ghost is something that can't be explained. So we named it ghosty ghosts. And so anytime like it was trying to be like, you know, trying to assort its authority in the house or whatever, we'd like put it in its place by calling it ghost ghost and making it and non threatening.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It also used to turn on and off the TV in the living room, and it did it mostly when me and my younger sisters would fight. And I remember one day I was so bad at my sister. I don't even remember what she did, but she's five years younger than me, very antig and I sick. So I'm standing in the kitchen in the living room, in front of the TV and I'm yelling at my sister, and all of a sudden, the TV turns on and I turn around at the TV and I'm like, and ask for you. This is my house, and I'm pissed off and I want to yell. I'm gonna yell because I live here too. The TV right off.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: That was like most of the things that happened in that house. But there's also something that happened in the house that was unrelated to that ghost. My grandpa actually ended up passing away while we lived there, and he was really sick for a while. And I remember waking up on a Tuesday morning and like my alarm hadn't gone off, my mom hadn't come in and got me for school. I was late, and I was like, okay, I knew like Grandpa had passed. She didn't wake me up for a reason, and so we ended up staying home that day because I mean, obviously we were distropped that my grandpa had died. And I'm doing dishes in the kitchen in front of the window where you know the ghost you he's back and forth and I'm doing dishes, and out of the corner of my eye to the right by our sliding glass door, I see like this just black smoke figure, but it was my grandpa. It didn't look like my grandpa, but I knew it was my grandpa. And it happened like in a split second, and I kind of like I literally like a cartoon, shook my head and like tried to tell myself to snap out of it and went back to doing dishes. And then my little sister, the one I used to fight with a lot, came running in from the backyard through that same sliding glass door, yelling, I saw Grandpa. I saw Grandpa, and I just like broke down, like he came to say goodbye to us. And I found out later that my the night before the hospital had called my mom and they're like, okay, he's going, it's time you should get down here. So she went to take up her brother, and they were driving out to the hospital to see him and my uncle's phone rang anyone. He answered it. It was what he called elevator music, and it like then it just hung up itself and he was like, oh, that's weird. And they get to the hospital and the time that he got that call was the time that my grandfather had passed. Whoa, yeah, yeah, so he had like his little ways of saying goodbye to all of us.
Speaker 1: That's amazing great that that just makes me think so much about death and how it all works.
Speaker 2: Like I was, I was an atheist, Like so, my mom made me watch The Exorcist when I was little because they like scary movies. And then I was like, well, if I don't believe in God, then I don't believe in the devil and none of this is real. Yeah, And then my grandpa comes to me and I'm like, well, now I don't know what to believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like, did they let you get a phone call and a couple of visitations? Like yeah, I don't know how it works people.
Speaker 2: Did you get to say goodbye to you before you cross over?
Speaker 1: So what ended up happening with that house? You guys moved out.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. So my parents' friends they ended up getting a divorce. So the house that they had moved into that they upgraded to, they ended up one of them took that house and one of them sets our house back. And so when we were like getting ready to move out and stuff, it was like the ghost was mad at us for leaving, and he would like throw pens across the floor at us, like it'd be on the kitchen counter and it would just like fly off at us.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: And my sister had like a little one of those tickle me elmos back in the day.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'll just go.
Speaker 2: Off without even being touched.
Speaker 5: Ooh.
Speaker 1: So there's like some weird old crack house ghost tickling Almo in the corner and throwing pens at people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there's so one more thing. So when we're still living in the house, I had like a little party. I was in high school, so I had a little party and I had some friends over and one of my friends took me aside and he goes, uh, do you know that you got a ghost in this house? And I was like, yes, how do you know? And he's like I can see him. He's like watching us and he's wearing overall and I was like, oh, yeah, that's ghost to ghosts, I goes to ghost.
Speaker 1: Was your friend a psychic or what was going on? He's he's sensitive and so he was just like, yeah, he's just standing right there was over.
Speaker 2: I gotta let you know that you have a ghost in your place. I'm like, yeah, dude, I know.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's completely upper booked.
Speaker 2: He had no idea. We hadn't spoken before about it.
Speaker 1: So when you guys moved, did you ever did you guys tell the next people what was going on?
Speaker 2: My mom's friend took it back over and I don't really hear much more about it. They kind of stopped talking at that point because of the divorce and maybe back a little bit. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Interesting, I wonder if it's still there.
Speaker 2: I've like, I tried googling it and like every once in a while I'll drive past it just like tell me your secrets, what's going on in that house?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hmm?
Speaker 1: Interesting?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did you have other stories?
Speaker 2: I have one more?
Speaker 1: Okay, let's hear it.
Speaker 2: So it's about another like relative passing. So I lost my great aunt to breast cancer a few years ago, and we were really close. She was my grandma's oldest sister. She was eleven months older, so they were really close. So by proxy, I was really close to her. And she ended up passing of lung cancer. And my friend was organizing a psychic for her birthday and she was like, anybody who's interested, you know, pitching money, we'll all go in together and we'll get a group reading. And I was like, that's really cool. That's something that I'm interested in. I don't know if anybody's going to come through to me, but you know, why don't I go and have this experience. So everybody's going around getting their readings, and I'm just in tears from like all the emotions in the room. And finally she goes, did anybody pass from something in the lungs? And I raised my hand and she said, oh, so this this person's coming to me. She has a beehive haird and I was like a beehive hair do? I was like, no, my auntie had a pixie cut most of her life. And then I remembered back to my grandma's prom picture and her and my auntie side by side with my grandpa and my auntie's husband, and there was my aunt in a beehive, And I was like, oh my gosh, she did have a beehive, amaz describing her when she's younger and just you know, cat eye glasses, red lipstick pumps, and I was like, yeah, that was my auntie. And she starts telling me all kind you know, like she remembers doing homework with you and you know, doing this and you know she has why are you so sad? And I was like, I miss you, Like I didn't get to say goodbye to her. The day that we were going to say goodbye, she ended up passing before we could get there. And it was just it was so nice to have like that moment of just like less connection and going into it not even really believing in it, but being completely blown a white away by the information. There was no way she could have gotten any of this information.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so powerful. I mean mediums can really, when they're good and they're real, they can, yeah, give you that closure and it's really powerful. I mean it's really the only way to do it.
Speaker 2: It was really great and so like I knew nobody in my family is all Catholics. I was like, no, if I go if I go to my family and tell them what just happened to me. Like they're gonna write it off, they're gonna, you know, not believe it or whatever. But my mom, like you know, she was the one who knew about the ghost in the house that we lived in. But I was like, my mom will believe me. And so I went and I told her like my experience and it was just like it's hit me every day since then. And the medium was like, you know, you were making something recently and you couldn't remember the recipe and then it came to you that was your aunt And I like I was like, oh can't. I can't remember at the time, like what I was making, but yeah, that sounds really familiar. And then I remembered it was BlackBerry pie. Used to go and pick BlackBerry from the yard for pie and jams. And my Auntie like she's like she's there for you just if ever you need her, asked her for help, and she's there to help you.
Speaker 1: And that's just stuck with me since amazing, and she's like I love that she is now. I mean, do you think that she's now back to when she was like in high school with her behive in her glasses, like, do you think that's how she likes to be seen?
Speaker 2: That's what the medium said. She said that they come to you from like their heyday of like you know, when they were young and when they were you know, in the time of their life.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope I don't look like me in high school when because it'd be a little weird.
Speaker 2: I'd be wearing like a Lincoln Park T shirt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm try so hot. Well, listen, thank you so much for calling. Where are you from? Where do you.
Speaker 2: Live and in Seattle?
Speaker 1: Oh great, I'll be there soon.
Speaker 2: Really, I'm eager to see you again. I got to see you in me and Gaze when it was up here, and that's how I found the podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that was so fun. I wonder if that theater is haunted. Where was that the Egyptian theater?
Speaker 2: The Egyptian Yeah, probably they're all haunted, aren't they.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see you listeners, my booze. You guys really give it to us and I so appreciate it and I love talking to you all, and I hope we can keep doing these episodes. So send me those ghost stories and also give us five stars on Apple Podcasts and everywhere. You can rate a podcast five stars. Please do that and tell your friends about the show. You can follow me on Cameo, Roz dress Flaes, Instagram, Roz dress Flest, Join our Facebook group Ghosted by Roz dress Falest. We've got some good stuff happening in there. People are constantly posting some different stories and articles and sharing their own stories, and I love it. It's just so. It's a wonderful community that we're creating here, and I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Hey by h
Speaker 6: Star Bands Audire a podcast a podcast network, MH