Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Dan Patrick Show, Fox Sports Radio, LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas. Fuck's in for Dan and the guys here and listen. You can normally hear us Monday through Friday before the Dan Patrick Show six am Eastern Time, three o'clock Pacific. But we are in for DP and crew here on this Thursday. Super big pause right there, my guys, super big pause.
Speaker 3: I knew it, but I get it. This is Dan Patrick.
Speaker 2: But how the hell are we feeling here on a Thursday morning. I've got a bone to pick with kitchen here in the studio.
Speaker 3: He You're just touching all all of them, aren't you? Pause?
Speaker 2: What we got a problem in the kitchen? Go to Wow, what's going on in the kitchen. They don't have espresso in the kitchen. I just are not a Viking like you say you are. No, I just want to I'm a Viking. I go up in that son of a gun. I grab these little styberfoam cups. I put it up under there. I put the dang thing in there. Boom, something comes out, something more comes out. I drink it all right? They don't have an express. I guess you'll be saying they don't have they don't have a froth either.
Speaker 3: I mean, why am I not able to froth?
Speaker 2: Here's here's the issue, and I will be accountable for you are the issue.
Speaker 3: So I brew my coffee at home.
Speaker 4: And you know how do you brew it?
Speaker 3: Exactly? Do you brew it? It drips, There is no there is no you gotta get that's perfect DV.
Speaker 2: Shout in the kitchen and you drink. So I'm not one of these instant coffee makers where you throw a pot in and it comes out.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm old school. I like this. See the coffee, you want to press it? I like for I like for it to earn its place like that.
Speaker 4: Actually the old school, by the way, Like wouldn't there'd be something more old school than that, Like once you actually grind down actually you know then you put it in, you press it.
Speaker 5: You don't that you don't actually grind down the beach.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, yeah no, that won't be happening. No.
Speaker 2: And I've also you're not really that old school. And I've also done the instant coffee. Uh, the in laws, Like if you do it the right way, you can do instant coffee really, the poor grinds in and you've got to stir it yourself. It's very like the whole thing just doesn't It's disgusting. It looks disgusting. French press is dope, you know that's saying. But like Jonahs doesn't do that. It doesn't work that hard, you know.
Speaker 3: All French.
Speaker 2: But I grew up on instant coffee. Shots out Carolyn Arrington, Carolyn Kazer Arrington. And if you do, huh, you just gave her middle Damn No, that's her matename. She doesn't have a middle name. Q. It's like that old school did, Like, yeah, she doesn't have a middle interesting, you know, it's crazy. My mother in law doesn't have a middle name either. Really, Yeah, they don't have middle names. Maybe they do, they're just kind of a weird coincidence. No, they're not ashamed of their name, don't. They don't happen to have one. I think if your dad's name is what was your dad's name?
Speaker 3: Middle name? Willis?
Speaker 6: I mean, what's wrong with that? Like Willis reed, what's wrong with Willis? What you're talking about Will talk about Willis. I don't think there's a problem with Willis. What's his first name? Come on, man, cars Charles Willis. There's nothing wrong with that name.
Speaker 2: I agreed, but I think he had a problem with it, which is why he named one of his sons Tyrone, which is weird. Why would you take it out on your child. If he had to wear it, he's gonna wear it. I think the name Tyrone is kind of tough to be. Yeah, I think it's kind of tough. I mean too, man, I'm sorry. I just irock it. I vibe with Tyrone. But the point is, you have a natural nickname.
Speaker 6: If you have a name that has a natural nickname built into it, what's the what's the first name?
Speaker 3: You meet him?
Speaker 6: First, dad, school, he become your homie. What are you calling him the rest of the way? Come on, man, come on man, yo, Tie, let's get him. And that's a tough name.
Speaker 2: Like if you call in Tie off of the sideline to come help you out with with the swing on on the on the No, don't say the whole. If you say the whole name, it's real business. It's real business. But if you hit it with I'm gonna hit Tie. Oh No, you want to swing, you can swing? You can have to swing, except well we will wait, you call it tie off the sideline.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: You just know that mother lover can handle himself. And it's already it's already stated. So I'm just saying, and Willis, come on, man, tying Willis. Nah, I ain't playing with that. I don't want to see that trouble smoke. I don't want.
Speaker 2: All right, well, here's the smoke. I don't want what you don't want. I don't want to have to deal with the fact that I forgot to add espresso into my coffee this morning. And I I'm in and I assume that the kitchen in there has got a little espresso button on that on that whatever that Cokamimi set up is there.
Speaker 3: They don't. They don't.
Speaker 2: They got lattes, cappuccinos, but they don't have the real deal. They got mocha, they don't have the real deal. So a little disappointed in the in the effort. But they did fix a toilet. I don't know if anybody saw that brand new toilet. Really the bathroom nice. I try not to go in there too often. Every once in a while get up in there, but not too often. Well, so that's good to hear though, Brandon, I might give it a run.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: Best, you will.
Speaker 6: You are drink these every day, bro, like it's not like it. Oh you're off through a good start. Like I drink this every day looks like mud. Like I'm drinking something that looks like mud, because I'm a Viking, baby, a Norseman. Let's jump out there, let's get on the waves.
Speaker 3: Do you say, for see, do you have some Viking in you? I said, I told you I do. Really yeah, bru, Yeah, what's a tel? What's that?
Speaker 5: What's thet.
Speaker 3: Arrington son and Ragnar son of Errington stay. We'd just get after it, baby, big just big Axe is slaying it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I have a belief that if the Philadelphia Eagles, son of I played for the Philadelphia Eagles, well, I think if we win Super Bowls, we slay chiefs. If the Eagles took a twenty three and meters, they'd see a lot of.
Speaker 3: Italian and then what would say of Italy? There you Italian dog.
Speaker 2: Kevin Patulo is now the brand new offensive coordinator in Philly.
Speaker 3: There's a common he was promoted there from.
Speaker 2: Within and so you got Sirianni Patula Fangio, big dumb.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen in Philly.
Speaker 2: If yeah, if the NFL ever goes dataly, you know who's playing it. The ambassadors of Italy. Brady take a bow. Guys, you're taking over man.
Speaker 3: Yesterday? Did you it was good?
Speaker 5: You were preparing for today's show.
Speaker 3: I guess so.
Speaker 4: I I look at this higher and I think, you know that this will end up working out for them. However, last time I hired from within Brian Johnson, and it didn't quite work out. And so you kind of wonder if if that could potentially play an impact, you know, on this, or if that plays in any role whatsoever.
Speaker 5: But at least for the Philadelphia Eagle.
Speaker 4: From the Philadelphia Eagle standpoint, they're coming off a super Bowl there, they're going to be a team that I think, you know it still has a decent amount that want to prove, but a lot that want to carry over from what they did last year. So, you know, elevating him from a guy who's already a pass game coordinator associate head coach title last year, you know, into this OC position, you got to trust that they're gonna be He's gonna be ready for this. But again recent history shows us that the last time they hired from within didn't quite work out. So I think that's the only concern is that outside of that though, you know Howie Rosman and we keep talking about throwing a bouquet of flowers at He's always involved in these decisions, and I'm sure he's involved in this one too. And if he feels confident in his ability to be able to take that next step and b the OC, you know, more power to him then, and then they probably are going to get it right, because more often than not he has got it right.
Speaker 6: I just think, Hey, they have such a positive structure involved, the positive culture going on right now. And while I'll say success is always fleeing right like you're only as good as what you've done for somebody lately. And and if anybody knows that, Nick Sirianni knows that, I think right now the vibes are so good and so positive, and they have so much stability in their personnel, it would be it's like messing up a fried chicken wing, you know what I mean, Like that's hard to mess up.
Speaker 2: You know where you're at right now. Some people may relate, but some people may not.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm just saying you season it the right way, and don't don't get carried away, even if you even if you try to figure out how to bread it, don't get carried away.
Speaker 3: On what you do.
Speaker 6: Drop that bad boy into the grease and let it, let it cook you and listen unless you go all the way to the end of where you just totally burn that wing, really fried hard wings are not bad.
Speaker 3: He loves it. He loves it Johnson.
Speaker 2: So to me where they're at right now, I think it would be hard for them to mess up a move like this to promote, And in fact, this would be the perfect time if you're going to promote from inside and internal, this would be the time to do it, because it just looks like everybody is on the same wavelength, the same frequency. So that's what I would say.
Speaker 6: I think it's important when you make big moves, especially in success, you're not doing something that could clearly disrupt the chemistry. And I think that that's why it would be the thought process of not bringing someone from the outside into the mix.
Speaker 2: Well, a good thing about Philly is, you know, if it doesn't work, hey, you will probably will get a year two anyways, so they'll get you up out of there pretty quick, as they've done in the past. I just that's a pretty what you mean now off him? Well, it's not like Brian Johnson got on.
Speaker 3: They're whacking. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean he got one year and they made the playoffs like that, forget about it. They made the playoffs. I was like, yeah, we'll see you hey, forget about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Nice, nice knowing you.
Speaker 2: Uh, but that is the the situation there in Philly for the Eagles.
Speaker 7: A mickey, I'm a Mickey. Hey a mickey. Go pay him a visit. By the way, he made the wrong decision. Hey hey, hey Dom, your buddies with big Dom? Hey Dom, go play him a visit?
Speaker 3: Get bad? Does big Dom get a ring? Hell? Yeah, he gets a ring, yes, and probably a bonus. Okay, why wouldn't he. I mean he's a major part of their staff.
Speaker 6: Really, yes, look up his like his his his titles. He's got like multiple titles. He's like a security guard. That's what he started out as. He's like, he's got like titles. Now, bro Lee, can you look up Big Dom's titles? In Philip if he had to see whether or not it warrants him getting a ring.
Speaker 3: This warned, this important stuff here.
Speaker 8: Nowadays, he's considered the director of game day coaching operations.
Speaker 3: Bam. That means hEDS all in line, he plugs the headset in.
Speaker 8: He did start out as the assistant to the chief security officer.
Speaker 2: He worked, he worked his way on up. Br He's been bruh. That's like, that's a long ass time ago back and when ninety nine to two eleven, and that's when I was coming out.
Speaker 3: He's been there before. He's outlasted me.
Speaker 8: He's also listed as senior advisor to the general manager. You go and the chief security office. Come on, man, he's got.
Speaker 3: Why are you what? It's like? This is important stuff, bruh.
Speaker 2: Really elaborate titles, you know, like logistically speaking, don't have somebody who handles it in a good way. And watch how how people talk about the operation. There has been complaints about how teams travel, how things are set up, the security when you go to and fro, when you get to.
Speaker 3: Hotels, all kinds of game day.
Speaker 6: There are a lot of things logistically that the only way you know about it and you hear about it is just something goes wrong. So he's got a lot that he's got to juggle and maintain. Don't don't be like diminishing that man's role. If they're not safe, how do you how do you play well on game day? If you don't have your meals? You jump on the plane or jump on the bus on the way to the plane, stuff like that. If the coaches aren't in line with what it is.
Speaker 2: They have to do and scheduling stuff like that, how is it that you are organized well enough to operate at a level to win the Super Bowl? I mean, I just was, you know, just trying to don't hate on Dom. I'm just trying to figure out, you know what exactly that cute bro. Don't hate on Dom. I didn't be like, can we have a success? Can we have a successful radio show? If you're not driving the show? Oh god no, no, come on, And you don't really know what it feels like until you don't have it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: True? There you go, that's true.
Speaker 2: I mean, if we won an award for Best Show, which I don't understand why Lee doesn't ever get us nominated for Best show awards the Liquor Store, I don't understand that. But what we win that award if it was just me and Brady. I don't know, Brady and I don't I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm not going in that direction, but I will. I will say this, you don't know you know what you have until it's gone. There is definitely is that.
Speaker 3: There's like that song or your big toe. I mean that's prime.
Speaker 5: What too soon for telling amputations?
Speaker 3: Probably as balls? Is it too soon? I'm just saying you say so, Johnson.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying, man, you don't know what you got until you don't have it, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And then you realize The Eagles and maybe are gonna realize things when Kellen Oh yeah, with Kelli Moore moving on.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, but I think they already know that they're going to fill that loss.
Speaker 3: I'll be honestly think Kellen Moore is gonna feel it when he's in New Orleans. I think you're right about that too. Like the hell both ways?
Speaker 5: Did the Eagles by the way hang back the big dom? Didn't they drop off? Ter and that suspension he served.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's when they fell apart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fair. Sarianni was melting down on the satellite. He didn't have big dom to put his hand, that big hand on his shoulder and be like, calm down, calm down.
Speaker 4: And then when the Lee doesn't have his Evan Williams, he kind of falls apart to behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: That's that's very true.
Speaker 8: Yeah, need to uh loud the wheels, you know?
Speaker 3: Did you loob your wheels last night?
Speaker 8: Maybe a little bit?
Speaker 5: It was Wednesday, of course he did. Yeah, delivery Wednesday?
Speaker 3: Was it a delivery Wednesday?
Speaker 8: He doesn't do deliveries anymore. But I did see Todd for a second. Yeah, you saw him for a sececond. Yeah, we had lunched together. I had a quickie.
Speaker 3: We had lunched together.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll give a gentleman's lunch a few drinks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 2: By the way, for people that just so they have an understanding how Lee's mind works. So he went to go get a Philly cheese steak from someplace. It apparently sucked and they screwed up his order, and he sends over an update about his Philly and all right, back, are you drinking though? And he goes, nah, I couldn't finish my tall he wasn't feeling it. Did have two shots of tequila though, so I was like, yeah, listen, I just want you to know I wasn't feeling like drinking other than those two shots at tequila, which is all the momentum you needed to go on a bender on a Wednesday.
Speaker 8: Not true, Not true, right, I quit after that. I might have had one drink at the end of.
Speaker 3: The night, but OK, I quit after that little nightcap, little nightcap. Big fan of the Nightcap. We're a big fan of the Dan.
Speaker 2: Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio, and we're big fans of filling in for Dan and crew here, and we will be taking you all the way up until noon Eastern time, nine o'clock Pacific. It is LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox.
Speaker 1: With you here.
Speaker 2: We are going to do something we do normally on our show called in case you missed it. We've also got some Lee's leftovers, all sorts of conversation, some shenanigans here as we take you all the way up again for the next three hours here on FSR. Coming up next here, though, we do have a little bit of a problem. Apparently there's a gig in the NFL that maybe nobody wants. Will explain why and that's yours here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: It's a Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. Peez, LaVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox and for Dan and the crew. Coming up here in about twenty minutes from now, we're going to tell you about cheating in the Super Bowl. Confirmed cheating at the most re sent Super Bowl, and we'll give you the details on that for you again, twenty minutes from now here on FSR. By the way, shout out to our friends at Maco. Most cars on the road could use a little TLC. At Maco, we bring your car back to life with affordable paint jobs and light collision repairs. Get a free estimate today. Ut oh, better get Mako so uh oh. The NFL might have a problem, according to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, who says that, well, apparently the NFL is concerned that the criticism of current NFL officials could reduce the supply of future NFL officials, and so maybe that's why they've been trying to be a little a little more strict with some of the critique from players and trying to find players for their open criticism, most notably the Texans following their playoff game against the Chiefs in which they felt like Patrick Mahomes got the benefit of the calls. If that's the case, I'm sure they probably weren't thrilled with what Troy Aikman had to say or what we had to say on our show following that. But nonetheless, at least there's the concern that the officiating supply could be damaged if people are too mean to these officials in the NFL, which bigs a question who wants.
Speaker 5: To I would?
Speaker 4: I would begin by saying this, if the NFL is actually concerned, or if there is an actual concern about the officiating at the NFL, let's just look at some things that the NFL is not willing to do or has not done, to help out the officiating. For starters, how many officials are on the field for an NFL game? Can you guys answer that?
Speaker 3: Six? Eight?
Speaker 5: Seven? Okay, seven?
Speaker 4: Do you know how many are on the field for a college football game at the Division I level?
Speaker 3: Six? Jonas, It's more actually it's more. It's eight. Oh, it's the same. So it's not the same more or less one more. Yeah, NFL is one less.
Speaker 4: Why do I bring that up because so oftentimes we look at calls that are made on the field, because that is ultimately still what determines usually the outcome of a play, at least in regards to officiating, because we have an anointed replay with the ability to reofficiate the play right. Every single time there's a call made and it's reviewed, we look and take into account what the call is on the field, and we have a process where it has to meet a certain burden of proof buy our replay in order to then overturn that call or to make that call right. That is the process by which this all works, my thing, and I've always said this. I've said this to Deane, I've said this to Mike Is. I understand the job responsibilities within each at the NFL level as well as the college. I don't understand how one more official, one more set of eyes, doesn't make the job easier on those other guys on the field. It doesn't give you one more person to have the perspective of what they saw, how they saw in what actually happened to get the call right if we're not willing to give up control to the replay booth. So that's the first issue. The NFL, for whatever reason, doesn't want to add one more official to help out with that group on the field to get calls right. The next issue is the replay in general. We have the technology, we have the ability, we can implement a better replay process that allows us to get more calls right, that allows us to call the game more consistently, which I think is really the biggest issue. It's not so much that you know, fans have a big issue with officiating it. It's the fact that defensive pass interference in one game seems to differ to the next, from one crew to another, from week to week, maybe even within crews, and how they go about calling it or holding for example. So all those inconsistencies add up, and I think all anyone's asking for, whether that's the coaches, the players, the fans, betters, I mean everyone else else out there, it to be consistent or as can consistent as it can be, and in order to do so, if you have elements of replay that are involved, I think it gets as closer to that. So that's the other element that I think is still missing in all this. And the last thing I'll just say is, and I'll ask this question, you guys, outside of the players on the field, who is the next most important in a game?
Speaker 3: I mean, as it applies to what.
Speaker 5: I'd say, the officials, I'd say over coaches.
Speaker 3: Outside, you think the officials are more important than the coaches.
Speaker 5: They can make a call that drastically changes the game.
Speaker 4: So you can say that, because here's what I'll say is this, If you get an awful play call, right, can you still overcome it as a player?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 5: Can you luck out of it?
Speaker 3: Right? Sure? If you get off, If you make.
Speaker 4: An awful call on a game, could it ultimately determine the outcome of that game? Change the entire And by the way, there's no coming back from that if you like, like here's I guess what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Is like the New Orleans play exactly, what's no coming back from that?
Speaker 5: There's no coming back from that.
Speaker 4: And I guess my point is you can do a poor job as a play caller and still luck out because you have superior talent.
Speaker 5: The other team fumbles, stumbles.
Speaker 4: What have you, or you have a player who makes an adjustment even without you, Like, there's plenty of times that there's.
Speaker 5: Been a call that's come in audible.
Speaker 4: Let's get to another play, Let's get to a better play that happens once you make that call as an official. I mean, yeah, there's a replay process. They can make up some of those mistakes. But as you're pointing out, and we've pointed out there's some that there's no replay process, We've got to stick with whatever was just called. So I would say, next to the coaching staff, and it's close. You've got officials that ultimately determine or impact games second to the players, and yet we don't compensate them anywhere close to what we compensate coaches to what we compensate anyone else involved in the process.
Speaker 3: Do we know what they're compensated?
Speaker 2: Like, they don't make their their salaries readily available like they do players.
Speaker 4: Right, that's cure. I'm sure you can look it up. We have an idea, but between I guess the point is, I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying two hundred and five and two hundred and fifty thousand a year bonuses for postseason games okay, when this okay, But.
Speaker 4: We're not looking at them though with the importance that I think we should, and we're not compensating them for that either.
Speaker 3: These guys have their jobs.
Speaker 2: Do you think the results would be different if you paid them like players? Like, do you think that they would ref the games better or or more efficiently if they would?
Speaker 4: I think if they were if they were there, if the entirety of all these crews, it was their full time job, that's the only thing they did, they didn't have other jobs. Yes, I think they'd be better. I think that goes But wait, that's anything, Yeah, that's anything like like, that's like people who are trying to kind of you know, work multiple jobs at once. It's hard to juggle it to a lo like you know that if you're listening out there and you're in that position, or if you've got a side hustle, there's a reason it's called a side hustle. Yeah, and then there's a problem. And there's nothing wrong with that, right, I'm I'm not condemning anyone for that. I'm just saying it's really really hard to be great at multiple things at once, and ultimately you're gonna kind of lend yourself to the thing that compensates you or affords your lifestyle the most.
Speaker 5: And so if you afforded, these officials.
Speaker 4: Buy and large the ability to not have to worry about having another job or building on whatever else they have and just just do this and be able to make money off that, which again people might say I'm nuts for looking at paying these you know, these folks a million bucks a year or whatever it is. This is the NFL. There's enough of you out there that gamble and spend your hard earned money on this and have calls that impact games or no calls that impact games because they miss it. And so you can't tell me that you wouldn't look at and say, yeah, actually, I wouldn't mind the NFL paying these guys more and caring more because I don't want to get screwed out of some of the bets that I've been making.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just and I think there's a reason why I have opted to be like, yeah, I'll go do TV, Like don't I don't need the aggravation because it's already a thankless job and we can complain about the calls all they want. What percentage of calls would you say an NFL official gets right per game like percent ninety eight percent, ninety eight percent, But those those missed calls are the ones that they're ultimately judged on.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. The hardest part about this, Jonas, and what you're saying is there could be you could say there is multiple missed calls per play.
Speaker 3: Think about that. Yeah, but there's also per play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they are judged only on that, And so I don't blame them. Like the job, when you walk into a stadium, at best, only fifty percent of the place hates you. At best the people that don't get the I mean, wouldn't even say fifty percent.
Speaker 6: If you're the home team. The home team likes every call, they get, every call. They don't get you missed the call.
Speaker 3: So that's just the reality you're always dealing with. Split.
Speaker 2: But they're probably looking around going, dude, I don't need this aggravation.
Speaker 3: Like what, don't pay me enough for this? Yeah? What about all the other calls? I get? Right?
Speaker 2: What about And look? The minimum salary I think is seven hundred and ninety five thousand. I don't know the minimum of an NFL player this year. I think it was seven ninety five. I don't know, I don't know you pay them that much, but you know, half a mill with all the money you're getting, you know.
Speaker 3: To take some of that from them bench warmers and give it to the rest.
Speaker 2: I mean, we take someone from the gambling companies. Like how many people are losing their ass on picks? I mean not me personally, but how many people are out there losing their ass on picks? I think that really raises the stakes of security and safety and confidence, Like do you think these referees aren't thinking about especially with a team like Philly?
Speaker 3: Would you guys just talked about the pies on patches?
Speaker 2: Are they really second guess and making a call that could possibly impact what they got going on in their sports books? And knowing everything you know about the criticism that comes along with it the pay except would you guys ever want to be an official?
Speaker 3: Because I wouldn't know my back would mean I'm good and I'll.
Speaker 5: Be honest with you. Maybe for the gun show, you know, I mean, yeah.
Speaker 3: Would look good and no pause, no, you know all the way you know, no.
Speaker 4: Just saying man just in the uniform, so they'd be like, you mean, like that could be.
Speaker 2: Hockey league, you know what I mean, By the way, every one of your calls would be showing you flexed first, that first that.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like the like hockey officiating, like you know, those dudes kind of have to be big because at times don't have to pull.
Speaker 3: Gast them up. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of like one of those things to just get on the gas.
Speaker 5: Get absolutely to the guilds.
Speaker 2: Do they do they test do officials? Like what happens if they piss hot? Or do they get get.
Speaker 4: I don't get drug tested, Joe, Why would they get drug testing?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're trying to remember that one that one referee video that went viral where a referee ran.
Speaker 3: Down the new running for the touchdown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like what like right, nobody like man that man is fans look at that reference if if you're an NFL official, that's all piped up, like what's the what's the best calls at timeout on the field, Like the one where you got to point to your shoulders, Like that's got to be the timeout on the field, I would say. Or or if you say it's good, you know what I mean, you get to really flex them good when Hockey would announce it it was a first down, like like you could tell, okay, the guys can work on us. Try or if they both got personal fouls and both teams got personal fouls and you stick.
Speaker 3: Them Mars Brady be out that bitch flexing.
Speaker 2: I guarantee you he'd be doing like twenty thirty push ups on TV time out.
Speaker 4: I think ultimately what you need is MultiMate fractions in one play. Yeah, because that way you're gonna be in the spotlight for a little longer and like a five second call.
Speaker 2: You know, you got to make the explanation very clear for a while. You want to.
Speaker 4: Point, You're gonna be able to point both ways, so they're offsetting both teams. Just show off both arms, just all biceps and quads.
Speaker 2: Then you throw up that first down and you give him that last little bit of like first down like they'd be like dang, like forget the call, Like look at the dude making the call. You know who's like that my my, my lumb and fellow letterman Terry Killing, look him up that it yoked.
Speaker 6: You remember the one your killings? You remember one the referee when they got into I don't remember what game it was, but they got into a scuffle and it was a pile up and then the referee came running over and start peeling them off like they were like they were like you football players.
Speaker 2: I know that guy. Man, that's a grown man out there calling them games. Now, I wouldn't tell him.
Speaker 4: He does look he does look like he can mess someone up. Oh he doesn't look that jack though. Oh he's jacked brou he he is. He's pretty yoked up. Pretty yoked up dude. Yeah, not like Brady Quinn, but he's no.
Speaker 5: I'm saying, like think, I think hockey, and then who else? There's someone else.
Speaker 2: To Hockey's son is now an official Sean luckily, and he's nice jacked, but it ain't like his dad. It ain't quite like his dad. See I think.
Speaker 3: I think the way Terry wears his sleeves like when you're yoked up, the way he wears the sleeves.
Speaker 2: The high he minimizes the the mammal in him. But that dude was a defensive end play. I mean it was a draft the linebacker both both like you know that hybrid, you know the linebacker.
Speaker 4: But don't get me wrong, he's a big dude, Oh, I think you could take care of business.
Speaker 6: He ain't playing around. He just that he got the long sleeve on. He minimizes it. That's that's why I see what you're saying.
Speaker 2: By the way, if you are an official out there and you happen to be on the gas, we're not judging like there's no no criticism at all here, Like whatever's gonna make you look bad?
Speaker 3: The tattoos on the force? Just gonna ask that how many officials are.
Speaker 2: He got the tats going on? Man, don't be messing with t K the body slab dress.
Speaker 3: I said, personal foul.
Speaker 2: I mean I know this. If you got a problem with him, you probably don't want to approach him. Get a Rapid radio, is that right? Well, if you're thinking about getting some help, if you're in trouble using that Rabbi radio, which is the official walkie talkie of the Dan Patrick Show. Well it's an instant push to talk, offering national LTE coverage and no subscription ever. Business owners, you could keep in touch with up to two hundred staff at one time. Go to Rappidradios dot com now for sixty percent off and free shipping. Hell yeah, it is the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. LaVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox in for Dan Patrick and the guys, and coming up next here on the DP show, we are going to tell you about some cheating at the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: It's confirmed. We've got it for you.
Speaker 1: Next here on FSR, Fox Sports Radio has the best shorts talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: It's the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. LaVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox in for Dan and the guys. Coming up top of next hour a little over twelve minutes from now here, we do have some changes coming to a playoff format in the world of sports. We'll give you the latest on that for you again a little over twelve minutes from now A reminder before we get to something we do on the show called in case you missed it this Shortly after this show the podcast will be going up, so if you've missed any of it, be sure to check out the pod search The Dan Patrick Show or two Pros wherever you get your podcast. Be sure to also follow, rate and review the pod again. Just search Dan Patrick Show or two Pros wherever you get your podcast. You'll see today's show posted right after we get off the air.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you can't get to everything in the world of sports or entertainment. Good thing, the guys are here to bring you.
Speaker 2: You missed it, and for that we turned it over to our executive producer, Lea.
Speaker 8: Lap Good Mourning, everybody. Good morning, Jonas, Good morning, Brady, Good morning LeVar.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 8: That's right, guys. In case you missed this a while, Hey Brady, guys, In case you missed this wild story circulating online of allegedly a big fan of the actually don't know if he's a Chief fan or an Eagles fan. I assume an Eagles fan because of how the story goes that after a touchdown, jumbo tron pans to the crowd and a man is seeing kissing a woman. Problem with that, though, is this man was supposed to be at the game with his wife, who gifted him the tickets for his birthday. He came up with a story that his best friend from college wanted to go, so she said go for it. But when he was seen on the jumbo tron. His friend from college wasn't there. It was his female coworker. Hold that was his best friend from college.
Speaker 4: Friend from Collins is a girl, and maybe they and maybe they were happy about the touchdown and that how they celebrate.
Speaker 3: It's easy, that's an easy call. Why is his wife got to be so selfish?
Speaker 2: Like you said, I'm taking my best friend from college, right, Lee?
Speaker 5: Quick question? If I asked you who's your best friend at work? Who would you say?
Speaker 3: At work? Truth? Truth?
Speaker 8: Lorena?
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go, which the truth? Jonas kids and him on the jumbo tron could have been in.
Speaker 4: This situationally like you could have been in the situation right now that we're talking about.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I feel for the guy absolutely.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 8: The wife did get revenge though she she allegedly got into his email, his work email, and started sending very risque emails to his boss. Allegedly.
Speaker 5: I don't under from his work email though it's from his account.
Speaker 8: That is from from his work email. For this story sounds like a bunch of crafts and so the boss says, what's this about? He says, Oh, that was for my female coworker, so enough to get him fired.
Speaker 2: So risk a pictures of him. She was sending to her sexts of him.
Speaker 8: Texts, Uh, I'm confusedly, I know.
Speaker 2: It's well, so she she got into his email and she sent risk from his account and.
Speaker 3: Okay, so from his account she.
Speaker 5: Was Yeah, why is she playing checkers?
Speaker 3: All? Right?
Speaker 5: Like, here's the reality to that situation.
Speaker 4: So you're upset that he took some other chick to the game with tickets. You got him, and so now you're trying to ruin his entire life. And I assume because they're married, right, you don't benefit.
Speaker 3: She's got a.
Speaker 4: Lawyer, so she's going to get a divorce. Here's the whole entire issue with that. You blow up his entire job and career. Why do you getting any money from him?
Speaker 3: There? Exactly?
Speaker 2: Oh, there's going to be alimony, but what is it? How much is not going to be money? He's unemployee. I'm not playing the long game thinking about I'm on his side. I'll tell you this right now. He's he's the one who should be upset. How could you do this? I mean, if you're gonna be at the super Bowl with your coworker and kissing her and all that stuff, I hope you're playing up.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: You ought to be ashamed of yourself. If you're listening to this, I hope she's like a VP or a something big, Like I lost my job, but that's okay. I was I was grave, I was kissing up wait to ruin that guy's Valentine's Day. You gotta be ashamed of yourself. You over here busting tables getting me fired.
Speaker 2: But shorty, I was at the super Bowl, which she makes six. I'm digging ditches, but I got a rocket ship. Now we gonna lose this house, but I'm gonna move in with her. Where are you gonna go?
Speaker 3: It's disgusting behavior from that woman. You ain't played a long game, also.
Speaker 5: Got like guys.
Speaker 8: We have numbers reported from MarketWatch, a company that specializes in advertising and branding services. They say the amount of money that Taylor Swift has contributed to the NFL is north of one billion dollars. In the first year, they say the date from September twenty twenty three to January twenty twenty four, she generated three hundred and sixty six million, and in this last year six hundred and thirty five million dollars. This is all through the metric measures valued across all social media, TV, radio, digital news, and print news.
Speaker 3: Now, how much of that do you think she generated for her?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 3: How much did they cut her in on that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I serious?
Speaker 4: No, I'm serious saying you're trying to figure out like that she benefits who made more off it?
Speaker 5: The NFL or Taylor.
Speaker 2: I'm certain the NFL made more than she did. But did she come up?
Speaker 4: I would love to actually see what their formula is, Like how do they equate value to someone's social media posts that never had posted about it before, but because they're a swifty that they're out posting about.
Speaker 5: It, Like, is there actually a value to that? Is there a specific number? Like what number are you attaching to that? Because that stuff tends.
Speaker 8: To be a little bit it is a little, yeah, it was is a little great. One thing that I found that was interesting was that the numbers spiked most when he showed up to her concerts. That's when those SWIFTI fans would go and look up.
Speaker 3: Uh oh, take that.
Speaker 2: Cross promotion. I mean that's a classic way of creating a buzz and awareness. Cross promoting introduced to a different, different audience. We're pretty brilliant. She wore a Kyle Uschek's wife is a blowing designer, blown up. She wore one of her items once and her company.
Speaker 3: Exploded, blowing up. Yeah, she's everywhere. Good for her.
Speaker 8: Yeah we saw her at.
Speaker 3: The super Bowl, Yeah we did. Didn't even know it, but yeah she was there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If somebody sees Taylor Swift like get her, like, uh you wife, No, but I'm saying like we could benefit from it, throw her a well, two crows and a cup of joke.
Speaker 3: We would have to be in one of those time slots like some of our other shows where they're able to get every l one of the celebrities that are marketing and promoting what they're marketing and promoting. Just somebody.
Speaker 2: I think she likes to wear those little bracelet. Somebody make her a two pros and a cup of Joe bracelet and throw it at her and see she's put that on. I was on backstage and the big one of the big names that came over to the interview was like, yeah, we'll do you, but we have an interview scheduled at ten o'clock. And he was looking at the stage like they're going to go up onto the stage. I was like, no, no, no, you're going We're going back here. Yeah, we're gonna go record back here. I am your ten o'clock. He was like, wait a second, you're not on stage. Why are we doing this interview with you. You're not on the big stage. We're scheduled to go up there. Yeah, there's that. I was like, all right, you know, I won't tell you who was on stage. All I say is is that you was good. Coming would be.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 3: Everybody's alright, no shade here, no say no, say