Speaker 1: Welcome to Football Today. I'm your host Bobby Skinner here with my co host Justin Pennock. December twenty fifth, twenty twenty four. I hope everyone's having a wonderful Wednesday. And of course, because it's Wednesday, we are having a show. We're doing our awards for the season, and we're gonna get really creative. We're gonna do MVP, We're gonna do Offensive Defensive Player of the Year, Offensive Rookie of the Year, Defensive Rookie of the Year, and Coach of the Year. And no one cares about Comeback Player of the Year because it's a fraudulent award and they changed the rules completely. Justin how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good, Bobby Skinner. I'm very very good. Happy Wednesday to everybody that celebrates this Wednesday. Yeah, kind of did the math. We're like, oh, well, coaches are going to start to get fired and it's going to be the end of the season, so we're not actually sure if we're actually going to have like a formal show where we get to give our end of season award ballot. And I kind of feel a little dirty because there is because a lot of these awards at least MVP. I think it is, sir, every p you's.
Speaker 1: Gonna come down to the stretch.
Speaker 2: It is kind of cut down to the stretch. So I kind of feel bad putting my you know, putting our flag in the sands, so to speak, what we say over here. I kind of feel bad, but we gotta do it. Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also, the NFL has really screwed up their awards thing by putting it the night before the super Bowl, So it's like, you don't you don't even give talk shows like a day to talk about the like it was a perfect middle midweek of the playoffs, we can talk about m v P and stuff. And then they're like, oh, you know what we should do. We should put it on Saturday night. There's no shows before the super Bowl, and guess what we're talking about the next day, the super Bowl, not the awards. Great job, NFL, you really have done a good job with this. But I think MVP is pretty like probably the more one of the most interesting MVP races in a long time. Justin and let's get let's start there. M VP of the NFL. I think it's people are arguing too. I think it can become a free man race depending on how the quarterbacks do and if Sakwon Barkley breaks the all time rushing record. But it's really between Saquon Barkley, Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen And who are you going.
Speaker 2: Now? I have a hope and I have a big speech that I want to go on, but I'm not going to do that yet because I have to pick one.
Speaker 1: Lamar Jackson, Okay, thank you. Can I say something? People who say Josh Allen are just wrong.
Speaker 2: Josh Allen has less to work with but still like it.
Speaker 1: But let's up acting like the Ravens are just you know, the super team, like the receivers Za Flowers and Mark Andrews, who has not been the same version of himself.
Speaker 2: They're not.
Speaker 1: No, Like, let's let's stop acting and it's'd be if it was close. Lamar has two hundred more passing yards than Josh Allen. He has twelve more passing touchdowns at thirty seven compared to Josh Allen's twenty six. He has two less interceptions, which is why, uh, you know Josh Allen's kind of finally in this is because you know he has those and by the way, Josh Allen was my preseason MVP pick. He has Lamar has two hundred and fifty more rushing yards. The only stat that Josh Allen has is the eleven rushing touchdowns while Lamar has three. And you're like, oh, well, Derek Henry and the wrong game. Okay, Well, I mean James cook Is. You know, he's a thousand yard back. He was third in rushing last year. You know, he just doesn't get the short yard his yards that Josh Allen ends up getting that Lamar's getting. So I want to talk about Lamar vers Saquan and all of this, but I think the main thing we need to talk about is Lamar v'us Josh Allen. And I think if you are voting for Josh Allen, I think you are simply wrong and you don't want to give You'd rather give Josh Allen his first MVP than Lamar his third and a back to back. I think I think you're bored with Lamar if you're not giving Lamar Jackson the MVP award. If you want to talk to me about like all the arguments, like you said, are not about like what they're actually doing on the field, Well he doesn't have as much to work with, and the fact that the Bills have three losses and the Ravens have five.
Speaker 2: I'm not as strong. I like, I think Lamar deserves it more. I think Lamar has had a better year. But I'm not as strong saying you're wrong. Can I tell you better?
Speaker 1: In one statistical category, like.
Speaker 2: I will say, and I agree with you, but I will say Josh Allen is leading the league in EPA per play, and he is leading it by a somewhat good margin. He's the only guy with the point whose EPA per play starts with point three. Everybody else starts with point two. And MVP has typically been an EPA per play like award at least the last couple of years. And I don't know if that includes last year because last year was just weird. They had to give it to somebody last year, which Lamar deserved it last year too.
Speaker 1: But it should be a total EPA, not an APPA per play.
Speaker 2: That's okay, That's that's good. I could I could even check on that maybe.
Speaker 1: But and maybe Josh Allen's ahead of him.
Speaker 2: But I'm going to tell you my wish. I'm going to tell you my wish we don't have total EPA. ESPN does that if you want to look into that. I hope they split it.
Speaker 1: I have not happened that since Peyton Manning, Steve McNair.
Speaker 2: I feel dirty trying to trying to say like, definitively Lamar Jackson has been better than Josh Allen or definitively Josh allen'son better than Lamar. I think they both deserve it. Part of me hopes if there's fifty writers, ten votes goes to Saquon, twenty goes to Alan, twenty goes to Lamar. That's my hope.
Speaker 1: So it'd be very hard for that to happen, and it would be hard. I'm shocked that has even happened once with Peyton Manning and Steve McNair here. But we got to talk about saque in this talk too.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Now Here's the issue is that the v and MVP I feel like ruined some people. And I understand if you want to argue by the leather law, but what is more valuable the quarterback or the running back? Fine, but you know what, this is the NFL, and to me, we give running backs to MVP when they close, they get very close or break all time rushing records. You know, when Adrian Peterson, you know, came eight yards short of Eric Dickerson's record in twenty twelve, we gave him the record. When Lendani and Thomlinson broke the touchdown record of six, we gave him the MVP. When Shawn Alexander didn't oh five, we gave him the MVP. Sae Kwon Barkley right now is on pace to miss it by twenty two yards. And I know you could talk about the extra game in there, but in reality, like we just have to start. That's you know, we can't we can't do Yeah, we can't do that for everything. You know, for a long time, it was fourteen games and then they you know went to sixteen. Right, that's a bigger gap. So when like we didn't not celebrate those records.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if you want to compare records, it's Eric Dickerson has one hundred and thirty one yards per game. Sequon Barkley as of now, has one hundred and twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yards per game.
Speaker 2: Insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So like like there's a there's you know, a legit, a legit like reason why to give him and I'm sorry you want to you want to argue me about the whole value thing, fine, have at it. Guess what what I'm not gonna do is I'm not just gonna eliminate every single position from this. I will put running backs in here. Do you think that there can be enough for Saquon and people going back and forth on Lamar and Allen where that split some of the votes and ends up getting getting this thing? Because I'm not gonna sit here and I'll tell you how strong. Here's what I'll say right now. I will say Lamar Jackson, if Squon breaks Eric Dickerson's rushing record, I would vote for Saquon. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think he is gonna fall just short. I think that Steelers game kind of kind of got.
Speaker 1: Him right now. He's on pace to miss it by twenty two yards. But he's also playing the Cowboys and the Giants, which.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which you know very very well defense.
Speaker 1: I bet you kind of wish you didn't like go out, you know, in the early in that Giants game earlier in the year, because that would help him out. Uh.
Speaker 2: Here's here, here's how I think it could. The saque impact is gonna hurt somebody. I think it's gonna help Josh Allen. I think because you're you're gonna have some people that even if they think Lamar deserves it, there's gonna be maybe some people out there that don't want to give it to Lamar back to back and for his third time is going to vote Saquon, And then I think that's going to actually help put Josh Allen over the edge.
Speaker 1: Man. I would love to flex the fact that I got like my MVP pick right with Josh Allen. Yeah, but yeah, I just don't think he's deserving, Like to me, he's he's right now, he's third place.
Speaker 2: And you so I checked in on total EPA. Do you know who's number one in the NFL in total EPA right now?
Speaker 1: It's Alan and then Lamar is like point two behind him, right total.
Speaker 2: Well, again, this everybody may be calculates differently. You shouldn't calculate ep A different There's no way you calculate that differently total EPA. Lamar's number three, Josh Allen is number two, and this is number one. Joe Burrow's number one, which that you know Joe Burrow is also It should should low key be in this mix.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's and that's we're all concede. Like when it's like, oh, we'll talk about the like if you have a losing record, you can't be in the MVP Award race. That's just the reality of it. But like Joe Burrow does belong in the conversation somewhat. But like the idea of like, oh, well, Josh Allen has less to work with, It's like what, like I'm sorry, I'm having Rashaud Bateman as your number two wide receiver is not some some situation where it it harms you when it comes to award season. You know, if you want to talk about like, oh, well this team had you know, Joe Borough having if this was Joe Burrow, you're talking about having Jamar Chase and t Higgins and all that. Maybe, but like the Ravens O line is not an advantage. No, They're not a good pass blocking unit, you know, like they like they have like negatives on that offensive line. So like again people get bored with like Lamar's rush. If Lamar was dropped into the NFL this year and he had this season, I don't think it'd be would do you think it'd be an argument, if Lamar had never won an MVP, do you think Lamar would be like the clear cut MVP favorite right now?
Speaker 2: Oh if he yes, yes, but because he's what he won it last year, it.
Speaker 1: Is bullshit, it's bullshit.
Speaker 2: No, But what Lamar is doing is it's just it's it's out of this fucking world. Out of this world man with the the pet Like we thought, what he did? You know, me even last year, it's.
Speaker 1: Like all last year is one of this worst statistically statistical MVPs.
Speaker 2: But there was a big talking point that I had last year, and I remember Ben Solock had had it last year of like stats can't properly measure Lamar's impact, and he crumpled that talking point up this year, threw it to the side. And it's like, yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna do what I do in terms of running the ball and being valuable and being dangerous to defenses, and I'm gonna bring the passing stats with me this year and I'm gonna do that. And no, I never thought that Lamar would be this good of a passer in terms of the advanced numbers to kind of follow him. I knew that he's good and you'll know that he can be like this, top three QB in the NFL even without these passing numbers. But the fact that he has these passing numbers now backing him up is nuts, man. It's nuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and to me. But here's my thing, is Lamar, Lamar, Lamar beat Josh Allen this year if you like, if you the win lost part of this like, yeah, so I'm not gonna let the difference between ten and five and twelve and three like, well, that gives this guy the edge even though he's worse in every statistical category.
Speaker 2: Sekwon Barkley also tech beat Derrick Henry.
Speaker 1: There you go. I should not be play too much of a part of it, all right, which so official you're you are Lamar. I'm gonna say Lamar right now, but I mind just telling you right now, if Saquon gets within ten rushing yards of Eric Dickerson and two more touchdowns, it goes him. And if he breaks to Eric Dickerson rushing record and he doesn't win MVP, I'll be outraged.
Speaker 2: Two hundred and sixty seven yards over the next two games. That's one hundred and thirty three point five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very doable. For him. I mean that's just average twelve more yards per game than what he's averaging. It's two bad run defenses.
Speaker 2: And especially if Jalen hurts us out, they will just be giving him the ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he won't, you know. And here's the other thing, is like you want to talk about like being hurt by like Saquon should have Like on any other team, you have like eight more touchdowns, but the jailer gets the one yard touchdowns on that. This is true, all right, Offensive Player of the Year. This is probably a little less thrilling because we're talking about this guy on MVP. It's Saquon Barkley. Correct. Yeah, this was once a conversation with Derrick Henry. Henry does have the same yards per carry, just has two less carries per game than him, both thirteen rushing touchdowns. But Saquan, like I said, I have a little more. I think Jamar Chase, you know, is a fun year. I think he could have gotten on any other year's fifteen hundred receiving yards sixteen touchdowns. You know, that's one hundred and thirty more yards than second place. And Justin Jefferson has four more touchdowns than Terry McLaurin with with you know, twelve and second place. But saque he's gonna he's gonna get the two thousand, he gets Offensive Player of the Year. It's probably pretty simple, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, just based on that. I mean, Henry is better in terms of the yards yards after contact, He's broken more tackles, but there's just no arguing. There's no r arguing what Sekwon Barkley's done. Seguan's also playing a lot more than Derrick Henry too. If I were to tell you the percentage of available offensive snaps Derrick Henry, I think.
Speaker 1: This is right. They don't use Henry in the receiving game at all.
Speaker 2: Fifty five point eight percent of the offensive snaps for Derick Henry versus Saquon Barkley seventy three point four of us. So that's kind of shocking. But Saikwon deserves it. I mean, there's really no there's no offens or butts that you can come with.
Speaker 1: Why don't you talk to us about something justin before we talk about Defensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 2: I will Today's episode is sponsored by DraftKings. Grab your favorite team's jersey and some snacks and head to the couch for another Sunday or even midweek of action packed football midweek action to get excited for that, get even closer to the action each Sunday with our partners at the Draft Kings Sportsbook right now, all new customers bet just five dollars. You're gonna get one hundred and fifty dollars bonus bets if your bet wins. When you use our Code Football today, Staying on the action, use your one hundred and fifty dollars bonus bets on DraftKings same game parlays, first shot at an even bigger payout. And if sports betting is not yet available in your state, don't worry. You could still join in on all the fun with DraftKings Daily Fantasy. Now have a shot to win cash prizes, So download the DraftKings Sportsbook app right now. New customers use our promo Code Football today all one word bet five dollars on the wager, get one hundred and fifty dollars of bonus bets if your bet wins. That's promo Code Football today only at the DraftKings Sportsbook. You will be glad you did.
Speaker 1: You'd be glad you did. Defensive Player of the year man. There's no clear cut guy here, right because all the guys, all the pass rushers are similar in the sack totals and even tackle there's like not big discrepancies and tackles for loss. I'm going Miles Garrett again though, Okay, he's second in sacks behind Trey Hendrickson by one or one and a half. I believe he's first in tackles for loss, tied with TJ. Watt. He has the most total pressure for you know, sacks hit some pressures for edge, only one behind Chris Jones, who's a defensive tackle. Number one in past rush win rate. This is an edge award. I don't think there's any corners who are making a play at it this year. I know would be Joseph Xavier McKay. I I'd take McKenney over Kirby Joseph in this. I'm going Miles Garrett. Do you do you think he's gonna get it though, because he's on the Cleveland Browns. No.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna go to t J. Watt again. And I and I I don't even think that because t J. Watt's on the Steelers. I think it be I think t J Watt deserves it because of what he does as a run defender, not to say that Miles Garrett's a bad run defender. I just think t J. Watt is an incredible.
Speaker 1: Miles Garrett's a better run defender. Really, Miles Garrett gets the tackles for a losses without doing the workoutside in type stuff. He just sets the edge and still gets those tackles for a loss.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I think average stuff of tackle. Like again, I'm going off with some numbers, which it's tough to give numbers for run defense. I definitely think that's more of a film. It's more of a film like, hey, is this guy can Kenny set an Edgejgi stronger? You need to watch that type of shit. And I'm not watching both any of these guys like down and down out to say who's actually better. But I know average have to tackle. TJ. Watt gets the edge and a run stop, right, I think TJ Watt gets the edge and and shit like that. So I know TJ Watt leads him more force fumbles, So that's as a pass rusher. Plus you can force a fumble as a run defender too, So that's why I would give it to g TJ. Watch just because I think overall more complete. However, like there are guys that are legitimately better pass rushers than TJ. Watt, though, because TJ. Watt. One of the critiques that he's had is the years have gone on, is guys like Miles Garrett Hendrickson, there's a you know, a good amount of guys in the league that are better at getting pressure than TJ.
Speaker 1: Watt.
Speaker 2: But TJ. Watt is just such a good finisher. He finishes every year, every year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if he had like a three sack lead on them, then I'd say, yeah, like this is defensive Player of the Year. Is is kind of like sacks matter more than total pressure. Yeah, you know, but at the end of the day, Miles Garrett has more sacks. And if we're talking about total like pressure, let's see words to Miles Garrett's first for edges.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta, you gotta because watch twenty fourth. Hey he doesn't have the hurries.
Speaker 1: He's twenty fourth past rush win rate, Miles Garrett eleven percent better pressure percentage, he's four percent better. Like, again, I don't get voter fatigue. I'm giving it to Miles Garrett, and I actually think Andrew Van Ginkel has like a better case this year for than t J. Watt. You know, he's top five and sacks and tackles for a loss. He has interceptions. I've turned the touchdowns or at least one. Uh yeah, I think both his I think both his interceptions went for touchdowns one on Jones, one on Aaron Rodgers and the London game. So and then McKinney's in there too, But Trey Hendrickson. No, Trey Hendrickson is like in there with with those three. What I'm saying is like if people just edge VERSU edge, I'm taking Miles Garrett and then Andrew Van Ginkel. I think the two interceptions wall being top five, that can be a differentiator for him, where I don't think there's a differentiator between Hendrickson and Garrett and then McKinney. I think if McKinny had like three interceptions in the last two games and you get double digit interceptions, I think you could give it to him. But in reality, it's just so hard for a TB and especially a safety to get this award.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I still I still give the edge to Wat though.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm going Miles Garrett all right time for Offensive Rookie of the Year. So some would say this is easy, and it is easy, uh to predict who's going to be because Jaden Daniels is going to win Offensive Rookie of the Year. I have not made my final decision on what I'm going to say on this, because Jaden Daniels has had a phenomenal season. He has thirty three hundred passing yards, twenty two passing touchdowns, eight interceptions. He has seven hundred and thirty seven rushing yards and seven touchdowns. Brock Bowers is either going to have the second best tight end rookie year ever, which it will be the second best. Mike dick does is better, but he played less games. But so he's gonna have the second best tight end receiving yard receiving season ever. He's eighth in receiving yards for the entire NFL. He's second in catches, like he's setting records with Justin and I feel like that should matter. And this is not Offensive Rookie of the Year. It's not most valuable, right, so you don't get to play that same argument that you do with the MVP position. But here's the reason why I'm going to go Jaden Daniels justin is because he has seven hundred and thirty seven rushing yards. Like that is not a small number. He's fourteenth in rushing yards this year for all the NFL, He's tenth in touchdowns, and even just looking at rookies right like, he has one hundred and twenty less rushing yards than Bucky Irving, who's the most for rookie running backs, and he has more than Tyrone Tracy, who's second for rookie running backs. So if he had like a four hundred to five hundred yard rushing season Jaden Daniels, that'd be really good'd be like top three for quarterbacks. But be having that much to me makes me say, Jaden Daniels, I'm telling you, if it was two hundred three hundred yards lower, which is a lot of yards, I would be going Brock Bows because what he's doing. But at the end of the day, I gotta go Jaden Daniels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jaden Daniels is gonna finish with over thirty total touchdowns on the area is twenty two passing. He has six rushing right now, So you think he's gonna finish with more than two through the final two games of the season. Interception rate is low enough, in a low enough for rookie that you that you can really live with. If he's gonna finish the year with below ten, then that's solid. He is eight right now, close to a seventy percent completion rate. But I mean, you do look at brock Bowers's line and the fact that there's one hundred and one reception, one hundred and thirty seven target, one thousand and sixty seven yards, the fact that that's the only line on this profoboile reference page right now and there's more to come.
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: It's it's it is incredible. Like it's one of the best seasons that we've ever seen from a tight end. Now, my only question is this is kind of like an asshole question. I if the Raiders get better, and that's an if. If the Raiders get better and if they add more targets, is that production always going to be there? Probably not, And is that a referendum on brock Bowers as a player, But regardless, that's not sure.
Speaker 1: At the same time, their passing offense is terrible, you know what I'm saying so like, yeah, will he get the same target share, No, but I think he'll be cracking one thousand plus every single season like he's a special player.
Speaker 2: But that also shouldn't impact Rookie of the Year voting, like that question should not.
Speaker 1: No. No, Now, I will say I was on the Brock Bowers train until Jaden Daniels had five passing touchdowns versus Eagles. Yeah, because then then then I'm arguing, like the passing touchdowns are too low to put him over a historic tight end rookie season. But getting getting to that twenty two, like I said, it's it's not great. You know, he's like I said, he's tenth and passing touchdowns this year, fourteenth and passing yards like those are those are good, not great where Brock Bowers numbers are great, just you know, next to his peers at his position and not just rookies. But at the end of the day, I just think the rushing yards for Jaden Daniels puts him as the clear winner here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I also think there's moments for Jaden Daniels right.
Speaker 1: Where the Bowers there's none.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, what's what's gonna be the highlight reel man that you're gonna show the that Saturday Night the Award Show, just Brock Bowers catching a bunch of balls, you know what I mean. But Jaden Daniels, there's the Eagles game, there's the there's the Hell Mary, there's the there's the Bengals game where he's making some of those magic deep throws. So there's there's moments with uh, you know, with Jaden Daniels. And then if he even you know, goes on maybe even a little bit of a playoff run, and depending on how they do, if for Brock Bowers, it's just, man, look at this guy catching the ball. Which that's not a it's not a shot at Bowers. It's just Daniels has had more of those moments. The team has won a little bit, so it's gonna be just sex year to give it to him.
Speaker 1: If Bowers had like eight or nine receiving touchdowns, maybe I'd still be going for him. But I go Jayden Dance, our defensive rookie of the Year. Now, this has kind of been slam dunk all year, but I will say justin Jared Versus was a slam dunk in this and it's like Kenyon Mitchell's having a great year. But what Jared Versus doing is different, and he plays the edge position, which gives him a little bit of an edge. No pun intended, but Jared Versus had zero sacks and zero tackles for a LO in the last six games. Now, He's still played really well. He's been disruptive. He has fourth in you know, for edges, in the entire NFL in total sacks, hits and pressures. He's ninth in past rush win rate. So it's not those zero sacks, zero tackles for loss. They're not a referendum on teams are figuring him out a little bit. It's just kind of the nature of the edge position is sometimes you will go a little bit of dry spell and the counting stats, but are you still being disruptive? He has been, But I'm still giving Jared verse the defensive Rookie of the Year over Kenyon.
Speaker 2: I am too, But for the sake of let's just talk about another player. For the sake of talking about another player.
Speaker 1: Here comes Chop Robinson.
Speaker 2: God darn it, yeah, man, Chopp has played half the defensive snaps this year. I thought he was hurt and I think he was, but maybe they were kind of holding him back. It says that he's played in fifteen games, but he's only appeared in fifty one point two percent of the defensive snaps while Jared Versus played seventy seven point three. Jopp Robinson has more sacks than Jared Verse. Now. I think Jared Versus a better run defender and I think Chop Robinson has like an obscene, like thirty five percent mistackle rate right now. So there's issues that Chop Robinson's got to work on. I think He's got to work on balance issues. But man, is he a is he a fun watch in terms of speed and power and he blends the two and you know, offensive lineman at times are trying to, you know, Chop his hands down and he just bull rushes right into him, saying bring it on. So Chop Robinson towards the second half of this year has been really really fun to watch, and I think I think Chop was hurt. I think if he didn't have that slow start or the slow injury, whatever, even if Chop Robinson has the same issues, I think he would be Defensive Rookie of the Year just because his numbers would be better than Jared Verse. Some of the numbers are better than Jared Verse right now, and he's only basically played half the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just think Jared Verse brings you more of a run. But Kenyon Mitchell, man, he's right up there. He gave up his first touchdown this previous week. But like nine past breakups is a law now, No, no interceptions will hurt him when it comes to award season, which even though it's not the most fair thing in the world. Like you, when we're talking about awards, cornerbacks just need to have interceptions to be getting uh those awards.
Speaker 2: Where did he fall?
Speaker 1: Kenyon? I think he went what for?
Speaker 2: No? He went twenty?
Speaker 1: Yeah, fucking motherfucker.
Speaker 2: I mean just just the best defensive player in the draft.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe uh, we're going to screw up the draft next year, justin, But I feel like I feel great about our eVols in this last draft cycle, even like cam Keinchin's right, like he's had an awesome year since the Rams put him in. You know, in Jared Versu and Kenyon Mitchell were our number one and number two defensive players in the draft. Yeah, well, Kenyon was a de senable and then Jared Vers, I'm like, this guy's film is like, I don't know why anyone's talking about law to over this cat. And then Kenyon was just as advertised. Kenyon definitely fell in love with the Senior Bowl, where I like because of his level of competition he played at Toledo. I think he may have Hell he went twenty second anyways, but he was talking about as a late first rounder going in, and then I thought he would have gotten into like the top twelve. You know, us, as Giants fans, justin we said, like, if we trade back, my target is like Kenyon. Mitchell h all right, quickly coach Coach of the year, Kevin O'Connell teams, you know, team with low expectations might end up with the number one seed, resurrects Sam Darnold, you know, getting that defense to fit Brian Flores. I think one of the underrated things is self evaluating and knowing when to fire guys. The Vikings firing Kevin O'Connell firing their defensive coordinator is like the difference between him and a guy like Shane Steichen. He talked about all the good offensive mind stuff. Can you run a team so Kevin O'Connell is my Coach of the Year, but I kind of don't care about coach a year at all.
Speaker 2: I think dan Quinn deserves it just what he's what. I thought this was gonna be bad. I thought Washington's like, they don't have talent, Their offense line is terrible, The higher of Cliff Kingsbury was bad. That was the main reason of pessimism. Forget what they've done with the roster, forget dan Quinn himself. I thought the higher of Cliff Kingsbury was going to tank the Commanders, and at least in year one, it literally has not. It has helped them rise above with their run game and how they've used Jaden Daniels and that defense being just good enough. They're not great, but I think dan quinn has got these guys believing, and I think that's the most important part about this. O'Connor. We knew he was a good coach, but dan Quinn kind of coming in here second second life as a head coach. I think he deserves it this year.
Speaker 1: All right, comeback player of the Year. I'm gonna go Tim Patrick shout out Tim Coffee. Yeah, okay, yes, we'll see it when we see you have a great Wednesday. Until then, this is football today.