Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is nick shot, streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now. Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoller, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: And Tommy DeVito. Week starts now ty noon on a Wednesday here with the New York Football Giants coming to town. It's time to get focused on the next opponent. Are you fired up? Mickey? So?
Speaker 4: Should we count how many times we say Danny DeVito?
Speaker 2: Ya does?
Speaker 4: Every time I get ready to say that kid's name, I have to check myself because I'm getting ready to say Danny instead of Tommy DeVito.
Speaker 5: So that's the quarterback.
Speaker 3: That's the quarterback, the quarterback. I mean, you sound surprised.
Speaker 6: I didn't know who the heck was gonna be behind the two they went down.
Speaker 3: Of course, Daniel Jones is out. Taylor is already on injured.
Speaker 6: Taylor stopped getting hit in the ribs. It seems like every time he gets injured it's in the rib area.
Speaker 3: He's got big ribs. You get you get exposed playing quarterback in this.
Speaker 4: List, it's too small, they're not strong.
Speaker 3: And so it is Tommy DeVito.
Speaker 4: So Daniel Jones, as I read, got hurt, tried to come back and basically nearly fell out, and so they had to make that change to well, you know, and how how fitting is this? Did you see which high school you went to in Jersey?
Speaker 3: Don Bosco?
Speaker 2: Bosco, the Veto Bosco.
Speaker 3: It's a well known high school in New Jersey?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 3: You know who? I can give you a list of names, but I can, off the top of my head, I know Chris Simms went there.
Speaker 5: Well, you could probably get a list of movies that has the name Bascle.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I got name Sims.
Speaker 3: I got a lot more Tommy DeVito. Then I wasn't gonna I wasn't gonna use it right off the top. Would like for me to use some Tommy DeVito off the top?
Speaker 2: Syracuse in Illinois.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he went to Syracuse in Illinois. But he's got a lot of pressure on him to live up to that DeVito name. Oh you know who the most famous Tommy DeVito is?
Speaker 5: To tell?
Speaker 3: Now, Savannah, you have no idea. Everson doesn't have any Mickey might have an idea, Everson, might I might he heard of the Four Seasons hotel? Yeah, the Singing groun Uh huh. Tommy DeVito founded the Four Seasons, He didn't Frankie frank I like the hotel. Maybe the hotel.
Speaker 5: Maybe the hotel was named because.
Speaker 2: Connection guys aren't enough.
Speaker 3: Frankie Valley in the Four Seasons, right right, Tommy DeVito founded the Four Seasons and Frankie Valley that can you name any of their songs?
Speaker 5: Well, it's a play.
Speaker 3: They have a play, right yeah. Yeah, and then Jersey Boys, that's right, and he's from Jersey and Tommy DeVito was from Jersey. There's a great storyline.
Speaker 4: It's a movie too. They turned the movie into a play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you heard of the song old What a Night Late December back in sixty three. Yeah, yeah, that's the Four Seasons. I have sherry. Yes, big girls don't cry? Yes, there you go, all right, there, you've run out of ammunition. Now we could probably find for the count from the Cowboys standpoint. It's just a good thing this game is not being played in in December. In December in twenty three, it was Oh what a Night Late December back in sixty three.
Speaker 4: Okay, good, good research.
Speaker 3: That's my research on Tommy.
Speaker 5: That's my only four season song. I think I know which.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know how gils don't cry. You've heard of that one?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have heard that one.
Speaker 4: You know how he found it? Right, he googled Tommy Tommy DeVito and all those Tommy DeVito.
Speaker 5: This Tommy DeVito came up.
Speaker 3: He died in twenty twenty. Oh he did. Yeah, well, he had COVID and passed away, but he was ninety two years old. He's a legend in Jersey, Tommy DeVito.
Speaker 5: That's why they have the jersey.
Speaker 7: So Tommy has something to live up to.
Speaker 3: That's right. There's a lot of pressure on Tommy DeVito. Now, I got to figure out if he is not as a quarterback, he's going to become as famous as this Tommy Devine.
Speaker 5: He better starts singing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Undrafted rookie too, by the.
Speaker 3: Way, undrafted. He didn't even make the Big Green notebook. That's that's how undrafted.
Speaker 2: Far down the line, right, So he.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, he finished at.
Speaker 3: Illinois, Yes he did. He started at Syracuse.
Speaker 4: So, I mean the Elin and I were I think decent last year.
Speaker 3: For a while they were. They were then because of the Brown twins, Chase Brown and Sydney Brown, Chase Brown the running back, Sidney Brown the safety.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's interesting, Bill. That's why when people ask me, what, what's what's the Cowboys up against this game, and you know, going forward, and I said, they're up against themselves. They don't need to worry about who they're playing. They need to worry about themselves. And if you go out and play the way you're supposed to play, you were good enough to beat these teams and extend that home winning streak of eleven to twelve. Go on the road, you play Carolina having their having their troubles, and then you get the Commanders here at home again, and then the Eagles in Seattle.
Speaker 3: The Seattle first, and then the Seattle and then the Eagles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so four out of the next five at home, just go play.
Speaker 6: And it's gonna it's going to have to come from the defense. Well, they really too, It has to come from them, you know. And the guys at the fan just asked me, you know what.
Speaker 4: Uh. Dan Quinn pointed out the two things that he was disappointed at in the game is they didn't get any takeaways, and they weren't as good at third down as they had been. And they asked me, well, what you think was the biggest and I said, well, third down, because if you look at the third quarter they had they basically had the ball the entire third quarter because they couldn't get them off the field. And Okay, stopping on third down, I don't know, that's maybe more talent to do that than Takeawaysky. They just kind of happened, and they got lucky because they fumbled the ball twice and it came right back to them, especially the first one. The first drive, Sam Williams gets a sack fumbling the ball, one hops right back to Hertz.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can't game plan for two of this bounces, right, but you can game plan to beat them on third down, man.
Speaker 4: And they converted fifty percent, and if you throw in the two on fourth down, it probably goes to about seventy percent. So that's what needed to take place. Defensively, they got to do better on third down stopping people, which means that they didn't get their pass rush going enough in that game.
Speaker 6: I think if you dial it up defensively versus any of these teams coming up and even this past game. Then your offense really didn't have to play under such pressure, which is what the design for this team is in the first place.
Speaker 5: That's the way McCarthy wants it to run. Well. That had worked out so.
Speaker 6: Well, right in certain games, and the ones that we lost that didn't work out well. Our defense didn't play well and offensively, we didn't make the plays that we needed to make. So I think the defense needs to drive this entire next few games. They need to be the catalyst to the Cowboy success.
Speaker 4: And absolutely, and you know, then the other question I got was, what do you why do you think they score so many points in these other games? And it's like, well, the defense gets the ball back to the offense, either stopping on third down or takeaways or scoring on.
Speaker 6: Defense playing aheadway, playing ahead, right, We play ahead just as well as any other team in the NFL.
Speaker 3: So the question was, why do they score more points against other teams?
Speaker 4: Well, other than saying the obvious that they're better than right.
Speaker 6: Exactly, we're losing to Yeah, well that's the.
Speaker 2: Reason, but they but they.
Speaker 4: Put the enormous amount of points. Yeah, think about it. The amount of points they've scored what they only had one close game that they won, the Chargers game twenty seventeen, and everything else they piled on, but the defenses had a hand in there or special teams.
Speaker 6: That that should be the case for the next few games as far as I'm concerned, if that's what we're going to if we're going to win in Cowboy fashion, because right now, the defense needs to carry it offensively, I just don't like putting that much pressure on our offense. Our offensive line just not playing as well as we wanted to. So I'd rather we put we lead this up to the defense and go back to the game plan, not necessarily the effectiveness, but the game plan or the thought process of let the defense carry the game.
Speaker 2: Now, think go ahead.
Speaker 7: My one thing is based off of them playing Tommy DeVito. I think that they're going to utilize their run game a little bit more. So that's going to be something that the defense needs to going to have. For Sequon Roan Barklay, it's been up and down for him this season. I'm pulling up some of his stats.
Speaker 4: Well, I want to say the Cowboys did a pretty good job at him in the first game, right.
Speaker 3: Twelve carriers for fifty one yards. You can live with that, I think, but you got ahead.
Speaker 6: Yeah, See, those stats could mean something. It could mean mean something totally different. Sorry, it could mean something totally different. You know, in a particular game you got twelve or fifty one. Those might be some key fifty one yard Russians if we're not ahead, if the defense isn't taken over the game.
Speaker 3: And it was the first drive of the game, they ran the ball a lot and then they abandoned the run after.
Speaker 5: That because we went ahead.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 4: Had twelve carries for fifty one, one for eighteen. So that's eleven carries for what thirty three yards if my math is accurate.
Speaker 5: It's not significant.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Barkley on the first drive of the game against the Cowboys had one, two, three, four carries. And remember Daniel Jones, he had three carry. Daniel Jones had three carries for twenty seven yards on that first drive of the season against the Cowboys. And then Barkley had four carries for nineteen yards on that drive. So of that, twelve for fifty one and who he's eight for thirty nine after that. But and then they had the block field goal. They drove right down the field all the way to the eight yard line before they had a false start remember on Thomas through left tackle at Parsons caused. Then they had the fumbled snap and lost fourteen. And then they lined up for a forty five yard field goal and it was blocked by one Yer Thomas and returned by Igbinogany.
Speaker 4: Yes, and now it's I said.
Speaker 3: The last time we mentioned ig Bonogany's name, other than.
Speaker 5: The enactors, that was a long time ago.
Speaker 3: It was that first first possession, and the Giant season went downhill from there.
Speaker 4: And then the Cowboys sword right.
Speaker 5: And see that's the thing.
Speaker 3: It means until Arizona.
Speaker 6: They are these little pockets of hope for the opposition.
Speaker 5: I don't want to give them that.
Speaker 6: I don't want to give any opposition like the Cardinals, a pocket of hope to where they say, okay, we we were successful, then let's continue, you know, let's continue to be successful.
Speaker 5: I don't want that.
Speaker 6: That that gives any team, well, no matter how good they are, it gives them hope.
Speaker 5: I don't want to give them any hope.
Speaker 4: Do you want to start on Martavius Bryant or wait, for the next segment.
Speaker 3: Since I was out with friends last night dinner and it was in a sports bar and came up on the screen that Cowboys signed, and so I had them going it didn't did not say, did not say his first day, And so I had going for a good half hour.
Speaker 2: No, you did not.
Speaker 3: You know, he's been out of the league since twenty eighteen, but you know they're hoping that he's still got something. Bryan wide receiver.
Speaker 5: That's not cool.
Speaker 3: They failed these guys, they're not real sharp.
Speaker 4: They failed to put the sixth floor part in there.
Speaker 5: We got to talk about that.
Speaker 3: We'll get to him, all right, you want to get to him next, all right? Just getting started on mix shots. What Bryant did the Cowboys sign it wide receiver? Yesterday? When we come.
Speaker 8: Back, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 2: The press dout.
Speaker 3: Who looks right, it's not there. He escaped left. He'll work for a first down.
Speaker 8: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust.
Speaker 9: Blockchain dot Com. I know I'm in good hands.
Speaker 8: Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this himself.
Speaker 4: Run it up the middle any scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 9: What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 10: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 5: That's what I like.
Speaker 11: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America it's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 12: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff, Tailgate's Going waypass postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday mornings Swager Brisket and the Smoker, Miller Lyte and the two America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lyte the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three. Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas, Demiced.
Speaker 7: Shots, Kpost Roofine and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: I've got one clarification. And don Bosco Prep the alumni. It wasn't Chris Simms who went there. It was Matt Simms, his brother, who went to don Bosco Prep.
Speaker 5: In New Jersey.
Speaker 3: Little difference, So all right we continue on here. And the Cowboys did sign a wide receiver named Bryant who has been out of the league for some time. Yesterday.
Speaker 5: Boy, that's even more of a tease.
Speaker 4: Six four two ten? Does that blow your deal?
Speaker 3: Sometimes des played larger than I did.
Speaker 4: Yes, he did, probably was heavier than Mark Tavis. Bryant, thirty one years old, last played in week ten of the twenty eighteen season for the Raiders.
Speaker 5: Suspend on guys, talk to me about this?
Speaker 4: Suspended three times? The last time, uh, indefinitely and was recently in stated over the weekend.
Speaker 5: I believe it was. Well, why was he in definitely suspended.
Speaker 4: Substance abuse or violating the substance abuse policy more than once three times? And we signed him to the practice squad?
Speaker 3: Okay, So now he has been playing football recently?
Speaker 5: Yes, okay to him?
Speaker 3: He played. He was signed in January of twenty twenty one with the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League. He was placed on the suspended list after failing to report for training camp. Never played for the Argos. Then he signed with the Massachusetts Pirates of the Indoor Football League indoor arena yeah, indoor Yeah. And then the Edmonton Elks announced they had signed Bryant in February twenty twenty two. I don't know the Edmonton is at the Canadian Football League team now they're not. Oh yes, if they were, okay, oh okay, he played. No, the fan controlled Football Beast recruited Bryant to the team that was that league that was like made for tis in league that Cavante played in. I think, yes, yeah, yes he did. Then he was the fifth pick in the in this year's XFL Skill Players Draft, selected by the Vegas Vipers.
Speaker 4: Where he had fourteen catches for one hundred and fifty four.
Speaker 5: Yards in how many games?
Speaker 4: Well, I didn't see how many games he played, but I think they only played like eight, so it wasn't like maybe ten or ten. Yeah, it wasn't like he went out there and you know, turned the league upside down.
Speaker 5: So who does he know?
Speaker 4: So I think the agent basically started calling everybody, and the Cowboys said to me, it's a shot in the dark. You put him on the practice squad. Now think about it. He hadn't played football, and even he said, I'm in good shape, but I'm not football. He did the interview in the locker room opened early today. Yeah, I'm not in football shape. Well how do you get in football shape? You got to play football, right, but you also got to ramp up. So is he going to practice in pads tomorrow. I highly doubt that. You know, do you need one week to ramp up two weeks to ramp up? And if it's two weeks, then we're talking after Carolina and there's no padded practice before Thanksgiving, and so now you would get one practice before the Seattle, is it? I can't keep it straight. Seattle's before Seattles before Philadelphiladelphia, So you're not going to play that week. So this is like, was there are four seasons? Something about December?
Speaker 3: Oh, what a night late December in twenty three, he's going to have it. Great night there you go in late This is basically about This is basically what Mickey's saying is, Okay, they'll see what they've got with him. And he's on the practice squad. There's sixteen players on the practice squad. If he's got a little something, then late December and twenty three, what a night it will be when Martavis Bryant scores a touchdown against the Detroity.
Speaker 2: I think about it.
Speaker 4: They were looking for a dimension they don't have. They don't have any receiver. That's six's four, okay, you know first in five at the six, Yeah, you might throw it to the guy six ' fourth, right.
Speaker 7: He was very positive in the locker room this morning. He was talking about how excited he was to just be back in an NFL facility and he wants to have the opportunity to just put in work. And you know, I think we'll see how it plays out, but I think, like to your point, Mickey, it's going to take a little while to develop back into an NFL.
Speaker 4: And don't you think he was situation very humble.
Speaker 7: Extremely humble. He was very thankful to just be here today.
Speaker 4: Somebody asked him what his best trait was and he said explosive, but he left it at that, Yeah, idiot, and you know, go on and on and.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, I definitely remember the name from playing in the NFL, and he was very good.
Speaker 4: That I do was the first two seasons, Yeah, with the Steelers. He was a fourth round pick, had fourteen touchdown catches.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I have Yeah, from twenty fourteen to twenty eighteen. I don't think he played in twenty sixteen. That's the only year that's missing. When he his time in Pittsburgh, it's all pretty good. In twenty fifteen, when is probably his best year, seven hundred and sixty five.
Speaker 4: Yards and he ended up getting suspended for a couple of games that bad year, by the way, in twenty fifteen, yeah, and then twenty sixteen when he got suspended again, then they they did it indefinitely, I believe it was.
Speaker 7: And then Oakland not a standout performance there, just two hundred sixty six yards, no touchdowns.
Speaker 4: And that was the year they said, okay, you're out for good basically.
Speaker 6: So obviously we've done our research on this guy, right, I mean, well, they know what happened to him, but do they know where his head is now?
Speaker 4: Well, they're going to find out. Yeah, And you got sixteen guys on the practice squad, right, so if he's the sixteenth guy in the practice squad, they probably took the place of somebody that had, you know, was a career practice squad guy. He wasn't going to get to play.
Speaker 5: You remember.
Speaker 6: When Jimmy got here in eighty nine and we were just working out all kinds of people out the revolving door, right, you know, that was the mentality we had, you know, because just didn't have any talent at all. I mean I remember by defensive linemen. Oh, it was just bad. That's why we talked about Eugene making all those tackles down the field. He had to because there was nothing up front and nothing stopped. He had to chase people all over the place and two hundred plus tackles, which is amazing. Is this where we are? Is this where we are mentally? I mean while we out here.
Speaker 4: But they're not playing. These guys, I understand, have a practice school. I'm just trying to figure it out. I'm just really trying to.
Speaker 3: Figure it out.
Speaker 4: Think about Rashawn Evans. Yeah, everybody got all excited about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he didn't have a snap in the game special.
Speaker 3: But that doesn't mean he won't be used sometimes. I mean they're getting ready to play four games in Yeah, and he will. He's got yeah, he I mean he has a chance to will. I mean he just yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Mean he had he absorbed snaps in the Rams game after it was after it was forty three to twenty. Yeah, right exactly.
Speaker 6: But but but you gotta have some compare Evans to Brian No, No, I mean Evans is next man up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brian is like the sixth next man. I think he's not You're not even close.
Speaker 5: To being why are you playing with toys?
Speaker 4: Because the sixteenth guy in your practice squad probably wasn't going to help you one bit.
Speaker 5: This is it just to take a look like you guys are genius.
Speaker 4: This is this is less than kicking tires. This is a shot in the dark.
Speaker 5: Do we once again? It's like, man, I don't know.
Speaker 6: This is still so it's so it doesn't hurt unnecessary, it.
Speaker 7: Seems, it seems random.
Speaker 6: It's just it's it sounds like what the team would do if like, all right, we got nothing else to play for, let's sign more Tavius.
Speaker 3: I assumed we had a workout.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they had better.
Speaker 3: Saw something in the workout.
Speaker 5: I'm going to drink my cleats. Boy, I'm telling you, you get this crap.
Speaker 2: How about fresh legs?
Speaker 4: He might be thirty one when he's got the body of a twenty seven year old because he hasn't played any football.
Speaker 5: I got.
Speaker 6: I have to see how this turns out. We got to stick a pin in this guy. I have to see how this turns out, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, you're going to have to wait till the late December.
Speaker 3: Late December, so okay, not that we need to read between the lines of this just does it? Does it make you wonder if they are wondering about what they have on the depth chart at wide receiver?
Speaker 4: Well, god, I well think about it other than other than Turpin and Tolbert's coming on. You know what? What there's nobody that size though? What is what is Tolbert? Do you think he's like six one six two the most?
Speaker 6: He looks like he's six feet But I'm horrible as we found outs.
Speaker 3: You know who's working out today thinking when they see it six floor wide receiver Plexical Burrows is working out today.
Speaker 4: Years old one and even Gallup he's six one. So they don't have a guy this size.
Speaker 5: But but they're not questioning what we have.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think so. I think they're just taking it. It's like what if I play this guy five snaps a game.
Speaker 3: I'm just thinking about Harold Carmichael.
Speaker 2: Where did he finish?
Speaker 3: He finished it?
Speaker 9: Here?
Speaker 5: Where did he finish?
Speaker 3: And he's a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 9: This is not.
Speaker 3: Hope for the best, but.
Speaker 6: Some tall guys that we can sign if you want to height, Yeah, let's just go get hell Carmer.
Speaker 5: Let's go get a Maverick that just got cut.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, throwing up to Dirk to.
Speaker 6: Some I have to see how this turns out, because it just seems like it it reads some desperation, which I know we're not desperate.
Speaker 5: I know this.
Speaker 4: I just don't hold your breast. So then we might have spent more time on it than needed.
Speaker 5: Only because it's such a baffling transaction. I'm sorry. This is crazy to me. This is crazy to me.
Speaker 3: You think we spent more time on it than the Cowboys did, But seriously, it is the like the sixteenth man on the practice squad. So it's not you're not spending anything.
Speaker 7: He's not going to play Sunday again.
Speaker 5: That why, it just still why. I just I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I showed something in the past and you just want to see if there's anything left there.
Speaker 4: So I'm going to give you some names.
Speaker 3: Do you think Dez is on a practice I would rather get this.
Speaker 5: I would rather get this.
Speaker 4: Do you know Buddy Johnson, yes, Adam Pankey, Billy Price.
Speaker 3: No, he's your all practice squad guys.
Speaker 2: Jalen Cropper, Josh.
Speaker 5: Butler, what are you thinking when you heard that name?
Speaker 2: Princeton?
Speaker 5: She wanted me to say something just.
Speaker 6: When he said, Cropper, you looked at me likes is gonna say something.
Speaker 7: I'm just what he's asking. I think he's asking.
Speaker 4: What you're doing.
Speaker 5: No, No, you know I don't.
Speaker 4: Durrell Johnson and this is my favorite one, Buddy Johnson.
Speaker 3: That's where you started with. Yes, he did linebacker Texas A.
Speaker 6: And M, and that that does show that anonymity of these practice squad guys.
Speaker 3: But Cropper has been on the practice squad for two years.
Speaker 9: You should know who he is.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Who, Yeah, I said that I have to study more with.
Speaker 4: You guys making two thousand dollars a week.
Speaker 5: Oh man, this is crazy. Yeah, you're right. We spent way too much time on this. Okay, he was on.
Speaker 9: The all training camp team.
Speaker 4: Actually he did have a good camp.
Speaker 5: He did have a great camp.
Speaker 4: Actually, Cropper, we're talking.
Speaker 5: About, well, maybe he can play wide receive it?
Speaker 3: Then come on, is uh?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 3: Is Malik Jefferson Beck on the practice squad?
Speaker 4: He is because I think he's They.
Speaker 3: Don't have elevations for him though.
Speaker 4: I think they've used him up all right. I think his that was.
Speaker 3: His last Speaking of practice squad guys who have actually played in games. This season. All right, we continue with more mixed shots in just a moment.
Speaker 5: Confused.
Speaker 11: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received to the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 12: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by.
Speaker 9: Monday Morning Swagger, Brisky and the Smoker.
Speaker 12: Miller Lite and the Creek, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lyte, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: As they snapper the pres scout who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 2: He escapes left, he'll look full postyn.
Speaker 8: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust.
Speaker 9: With black Chain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands.
Speaker 8: Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna run thish in show, run it up the middle Ay scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 9: What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 10: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping.
Speaker 3: A cool pepsi.
Speaker 10: Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 5: That's what I like.
Speaker 2: Demiced shots.
Speaker 7: Get a frameworthy family holiday photo with Santa at the Star presented by Monument Realty. Santa Claus will be at his Cowboys themed cottage in the Star District from November eighteenth through December twenty fourth. Book your visit before December ninth and save five dollars with code Star five. Visit the Stardistrict dot com slash Santa for more info.
Speaker 4: You can see Santa next week there, Everson.
Speaker 3: Oh thanks, all right. We continue with mix shots here and clarification on the practice squad. Malik Jefferson on the practice squad. He's out of elevations though, and as Mickey just pointed out in the break, Rashaan Evans, they've already used two elevations for him. They just got one left. They'll have to make a decision on Rashaan Evans next week.
Speaker 4: And if all he's doing is playing special teams, he elevated him and then who knows who gets hurt next to it, you can put him on the fifty three.
Speaker 3: And that's the big thing going forward when you've got so many games in such a limited amount of time. So from a preparation standpoint, Mike McCarthy later today three thirty, this afternoon. Is that right? On his press conference? Yes, how do you approach and they do it every year, but how does McCarthy approach this schedule from a practice standpoint as far as making sure that the team is prepared for this stretch.
Speaker 4: He's already started today.
Speaker 3: Rights north of date with the changing the schedule today.
Speaker 4: Not bringing them in until three point thirty or the press conferences three thirty, So he's bringing them in late, and they're going to have a mock game, so going to do on Wednesday what they normally also do on Friday. And so he's already preparing down the road and then Carolina, I'm sure they'll pull back a little bit on Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: And then when you get to the week of Thanksgiving, you know, once again they're making them travel the Sunday before the Thanksgiving game. But it's Carolina. So it's what you think, maybe a two hour flight.
Speaker 5: To Charlotte to hear two hours and started to here.
Speaker 4: Flying what do you think? Probably no, much more than that.
Speaker 5: Huh, it's not that far.
Speaker 7: Two and a half.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's a noon game, and it's a noon game at least, and then basically Monday's off. Tuesday is a very light practice Wednesday, probably the walkthrough.
Speaker 3: So how many times will they be in pads on the practice field before Philadelphia week? So you've got four games and nineteen days. You get three games and twelve days be padgs tomorrow and then again next.
Speaker 4: Thursday, right, and then not before Thanksgiving, and then.
Speaker 3: They'll make a decision the week of because they're a game.
Speaker 4: They're going Thursday to Thursday. Then, so maybe you'll get one maybe maybe, Yeah, absolutely so. Yeah, it's a lot of mental work, but not physical work. And even you can pull back with pads on and not have as many snaps during it. And I'm sure the practice schedule will change too to try to give them off their feet as much as possible. But they're used to it.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: I want to say, once.
Speaker 4: Again, somebody took our media guide they've been facing. Yeah, maybe it's in the cabinet, because it was almost like the NFL trying to punish them, like they got it. They get to host Thanksgiving, and so they make them play on the road the Sunday before. It's always seems to be a road game. Now, not as bad as a couple of years when they had to play the Giants on a Sunday night game before Thanksgiving. So it's at the Giants Sunday night, and basically you're out before you get to the game because you get back at four or five in the morning.
Speaker 7: From and then you only have three days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Monday's gone, right, you got Tuesday, and you don't do much on Wednesday. I just remember Jimmy Johnson's philosophy when he had to play the Thanksgiving Day game that he basically said, you do all you can to win on Sunday, and then you hope you're just good enough to get through Thanksgiving because you're not going to do much work before preparing for it.
Speaker 5: We don't lose much on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: The only time they lost on Thanksgiving when when they were bad. You know, everybody acted like, oh, what an advantage. Well yeah, it was an advantage because the Cowboys were good and they and they would win. But when they were bad, they lost on Thanksgiving. So it wasn't advance.
Speaker 5: We lost on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Yeah in eighty nine.
Speaker 5: No, well yeah, but even before that we lost to the Patriots.
Speaker 4: Probably lost in eighty six too on thanksg was it?
Speaker 5: I think that was it? So Craig James.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 7: Natan Frisco would like us to talk about the Giants. I have about whether love context. I have for a head one, two, three, four, five, six seven text messages.
Speaker 3: And as we started off the show talking about the Giants, I talked about Tommy Well, by the way, he got his game against the Raiders the other day when he came. Daniel Jones started the game then got knocked out. He was fifteen out of twenty, completing seventy five percent of his passes. Now they were down. They lost thirty to six or whatever it was to the Raiders coach Bike for an interim head coach, former Giants linebacker Antonio Pearce in his first.
Speaker 4: Game fifteen of twenty one, seventy five, one touchdown, two interceptions. Okay, what else do you want to.
Speaker 3: Talk about without any practice reps to speak of. Probably that week because Daniel Jones was starting. Now he got in the previous week DeVito did and.
Speaker 4: It was not so good.
Speaker 3: Two out of seven for minus one yard, two sacks, but he didn't score a touchdown. Four carries twelve yards and a touchdown.
Speaker 4: I think that was the game. They might have set the record for negative passing yards at the end of the game or something like that.
Speaker 3: It was against the Jets of thirteen to ten loss. Yeah, Tyrod in that game was four out of seven for eight yards.
Speaker 2: You're not supposed to last.
Speaker 6: I wasn't expecting that tries his hardest.
Speaker 9: So that was it.
Speaker 3: They're quarterbacks. In that game against the Jets, they were a combined It was Tyrod Taylor and Tommy DeVito. They were a combined six for fourteen for seven yards in four sacks. Wow against but they did not throw an interception.
Speaker 5: Well, that's why the game was so close.
Speaker 3: Thirteen to ten Jets won. So I also noticed this.
Speaker 4: Dak Prescott, yes they're kind of a slow start, has now got the seventh best quarterback rating in the NFL at one hundred point seven. The two guys in front of him Jackson Lamar Jackson one hundred point eight and Russell Wilson won oh one point seven, So he's almost got the fifth highest after I think he was in the teams for the first part.
Speaker 5: Of the week.
Speaker 3: The big part of that is the last two games no picks and seven touchdown passes right.
Speaker 4: And three hundred yards in each of those games.
Speaker 5: Three. Wilson. I don't know how he's obviously that quarterback rating thing is well, here's not success.
Speaker 4: Here's what I think we've missed on him. He's got sixteen touchdown passes and only four interceptions. So that's why he's at where he's at. Dak's got the third highest completion percentage at seventy point two percent, and everybody only one quarterback one ahead of him in the rankings. Anyway, Jackson is seventy one point five percent, so Josh Allen seventy one point three percent.
Speaker 3: So do you feel better about this team today than you did before the Eagles game?
Speaker 4: I do, yes, yes, And why you and why I'm the moderator here, because they they were very competitive against basically, from a record standpoint, the best team in the NFL.
Speaker 3: You didn't think going in they would be competitive against you.
Speaker 4: No, I thought they would.
Speaker 5: In fact, I worried that they wouldn't.
Speaker 4: We picked them.
Speaker 3: It was confirmation to you that they could be. I didn't have any question that they would be.
Speaker 4: I thought they were.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was like what Brandon Brandan Cook said after the win over the Rams, and they got the passing game going and he basically said that he gives us confidence that we can be who we thought we were going to be coming out of training camp.
Speaker 6: And also Dak when his last uh it was the interview before this game, Uh, he said, I'm going for three in a row, three good games in a row. Right that was that's that's that came from confidence. It didn't really come from hope. It came from confidence.
Speaker 5: He knew. He's feeling it right now.
Speaker 6: He's kind of put it together in regards to not necessarily leaning on the offensive line as much.
Speaker 5: Making football plays.
Speaker 7: Just like you talked about earlier this week, he's played a lot better in his last three games. And that's why I think there's a little bit more confidence going into Sunday, because look what he just did against the Eagles. Although we came down to the very end of that game, Dak carried the team the whole time, and I just think as competitive as that was, it shows that you can face an opponent like that and you still have a chance all the way up into the very end. It didn't work out, but we still had a chance.
Speaker 4: Think about it this way, if the defense doesn't give up four touchdowns, just give up three chance to win the game.
Speaker 7: Also, there's an eleven game winning streak at AT and T Stadium right now. I mean there's just when you get into AT and T Stadium, I mean, you have home field advantage, and there's there's that track record right there. And Doc has proven to play well at home. He's at an eighty percent completion rate in twenty twenty three for his last three games at home at home.
Speaker 3: And I feel the same way about him this week as I did last week. I thought they'd be competitive going into Philadelphia, and I didn't. Nothing, nothing that happened to changed my opinion on where they are. I did.
Speaker 5: I just didn't want them to surprise me.
Speaker 3: I was hopeful that they would break through and be able to score a touchdown in the last few minutes and that would change my opinion that they have more confidence that they could. But until they're able to do that, I don't have the confidence in that situation.
Speaker 4: You know, we keep saying that though against that team, the loss at the end of the season that's going to haunt them.
Speaker 5: That said, what are you doing, man? I saw him this morning. What are you doing.
Speaker 10: Guys?
Speaker 4: Guy?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't know the place you don't know the place.
Speaker 2: Okay, well it never worked too.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 5: What was I going to say?
Speaker 3: I don't know time anyway?
Speaker 5: That's cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's big.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that fight the pilot.
Speaker 4: That's probably why they gave him the special dispensation leave due.
Speaker 5: We can't we know you're comfortable. Yeah, we don't. We don't have a rocket for you.
Speaker 3: He looks like you can still play. Yeah, all right, Well that does it for.
Speaker 6: Don't worry expect it was not important.
Speaker 3: You can't remember it.
Speaker 4: I cannot. It had something to do with the winning streak, maybe Dak in his percentages at the stadium, maybe a stadium this this will come back in fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: Will just like write it down, write down the.
Speaker 5: That stuff happens after the show goes out.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 4: Or for me, my memory comes back in fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: Oh I wish I would have said that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, all that, David.
Speaker 3: That does it for a Tommy DeVito edition of Mixed Shots, and we will shout at you again tomorrow, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 5: They