Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of the Weekly Zeitgeist. These are some of our favorite segments from this week, all edited together into one NonStop infotainment laugh stravaganza. Yeah, So, without further ado, here is the Weekly Zeitgeist. Miles.
Speaker 2: We are thrilled to be joined in our third c by a TDZ Hall of Fame or one of the various faces on Mount Zite, or a brilliant stand up comedian who you know from MTV, Comedy Central, NBC, True TV, E all the all the TV places You've heard her on, Bob's Burger's Her Our Special Life from the Big Dog is absolutely hilarious.
Speaker 1: I must watch.
Speaker 3: It's player socking, what of Zichang? I can see some that energy right there.
Speaker 4: All good to be that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my god?
Speaker 4: Yeah in the ship catching.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, just doing our thing, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: That was so good.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 6: It was really hard for me to stay silent during the eye crossing conversation because I love to cross my eyes.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also comedic effect.
Speaker 4: I do it on I do it on stage all the time. I love it.
Speaker 6: But it is odd that children have a proclivity for it because it is wildly uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: I remember when I had to train. I remember not knowing how to cross my eyes and my dad was like, take your finger. Just Fallo.
Speaker 1: Taught you how to do.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 6: Taught you a lot of important stuff, Like he taught you about rain.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I was like, worresh you not? I've never heard a man know about rain and he told you about it?
Speaker 3: Oh talking about terror Brock Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know incredible. We are evolved human beings. The great the Gray Family. Yes, absolutely also taught me when again I always talked about this when I first saw like an unhoused person and could like articulate what was.
Speaker 1: Going on, I'm like, what what?
Speaker 7: What's wrong with?
Speaker 1: My dad?
Speaker 3: Said Ronald Reagan?
Speaker 1: So these are.
Speaker 3: All Reagan from that mind. Was just a podcast host.
Speaker 6: He is able to really just steal things down. So simply I guess.
Speaker 1: That I have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have taken on in my own way.
Speaker 1: So the Gray Men sequel to Netflix is The Gray Man.
Speaker 4: And Happy Birthday to Jim.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Big Jim jungle Gym. My friends and I used to call him. He didn't like it because he'd crawl all over that out let's swing on him in high school. Him and yeah, because we crawled all over him.
Speaker 3: Right, Clair, last time you were here, you were preparing for a procedure. You were saying you had to get a recedure. You're you had operation, and you're fine. Everyone can tell you of you are on the other side of it. You're doing well, You're thriving.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you for remembering. Yeah, you know, it's funny.
Speaker 6: I had a little bit of like vulnerability hangover after that podcast, but I was so like fired up and upset about it. I was like, I really revealed a lot that day. But yeah, I did have this surgery. It was this the lead up was scarier than the actual thing. I went through, the whole recovery. And we're all good.
Speaker 1: Beautiful love that we love to hear it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks, we love good news on this show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need every single last drop that we can. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lydiopopovitch, what is something from your search history that is revealing about who you are?
Speaker 7: So the last heavy googling I did was a few days ago, and the very top of that search district I had to look and be like, what were you googling? It would have been googling was an article that said infertility in the Bitch, And I remember it took me a second and I was just like, ooh, tough, tough, Jeb. And then I remembered because I'm I'm researching. I want to I want to breed my dog. I have a beautiful one hundred and five pound Kenny Corso and she's a beautiful girl and she has the sweetest temperament and we want to have puppies, so we are going to be purchasing a second dog. And so I'm doing, you know, as you would as a responsible female, some research on how should what she thinks should I look out for, you know, what creates infertility and dogs? And uh, just seeing the headline infertility in the Bitch made me laugh a lot. I know, I realized maybe I'm not ready for a grand dog motherhood because I can't even read an article without laughing. I could barely focus because every time it said the word bitch, I was like, ooh, bitch.
Speaker 1: You're like these are infertile.
Speaker 3: Yo, yo easy. I know Trump's president, but.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and that's exactly where my mindset were. That was like, listen, I know I'm forty seven. Yeah she's infertile. She's not having any babies. Okay, but do we need to like start giving these be the results like, hey, bitch, nah, Nah'm like no, not me, the dog, Oh the dog. So yeah, that's that's where I'm at is I'm googling about my dog's reproductive sys. Do you get to stick her?
Speaker 3: You must love this dog, because you're like, I need to. I want this dog to go forth and multiply.
Speaker 7: I love this dog so much it's not even funny, so much that I want her to go and multiply. I'm willing to purchase a whole other male dog, raise that dog to maturity so that they can have sex, so that I can control the bloodline, and then she'll have puppies, and then I'll keep one of those dogs, which means, if you're counting, I will have three Canny Corsos, yeah, free dogs, which, if you were literally listening, that's close to three hundred and fifty pounds worth of dogs running around my house at all times. That's also not counting my tiny dog who is sixteen pounds. Yeah, so I have a problem.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, I think you have our full support. Yeah you going, Look, you're on your Chris Jenner journey right now.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm trying to have my Kardashians. You know what I mean. I'm trying. None of these dogs, well one of these dogs has an Instagram account. The rest of them do not right.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay?
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: What's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 7: You know, I've been thinking about this because I tend to give the same answers and literally everything is underrated. No, I think this is a controversial, but I think what's underrated is sugar. I have been on a personal no sugar journey and I miss it. I everyone's talks about it, and I know it's bad for you. It does things, or so says my diabetes doctor. However, sugar is delicious. What it does to a morning coffee, Oh baby, oh oh.
Speaker 3: You put sugar in your coffee.
Speaker 7: Sugared things. There's sugar in that cream or that you put in your coffee, which makes your coffee delicious, unless you're drinking just you know, hot and black, which people do. But you know, I like a little I like a little a little latte treat, you know what I'm saying. I like a little mixed, a little mixed kind of breakfast cocktail if you will, and sugar certainly helps with that party. Sugar is underrated. I just miss it.
Speaker 8: And sugar in your coffee guy, I'm I don't put sugar in my coffee, but I put sugar in. I think the thing that that a lot of people don't think about is like most like braises and stews and some of your sugar sauces that is good. The reason it tastes so much better at a restaurant if there's sugar or some not fucking corn syrup. Most not most Asian shut with a lot of like the best like Korean shit.
Speaker 1: Corn syrup dogs.
Speaker 7: You start yeah, and you're like, literally everything has sugar in it, ketchup sugar in it? Like yeah, that is one thing I've looked into, Like it definitely has changed my philosophy on like processed foods in America, where I'm like, you know what, Europe's right, we're trash. Yeah, yeah, we're fucking fresh. Like I read everything, and even when I'm thinking healthy, I'm just like, oh my god, unless it's naturally occurring sugar everything, And isn't it the amount of effort I have to put into to find foods literally with no sugar. It's so difficult. It's so like.
Speaker 3: I was looking at a bag of celery and it said it had two rams that added sugar.
Speaker 7: I'm saying, you know what a crunchy, crispy lady like I am. I love a chip, Love a chip, love a cracker, love you know, love anything. Even I was like buying these like toasty like carbonzo beans and I was like, why are they so good? And it was a Korean barbecue flavored. I'm like, oh, because there's fucking sugar all over and what a They're delicious, Just popping them by the handful, thinking I'm doing right, and then I took a look on the back and it's like.
Speaker 3: Yells, all life's problems.
Speaker 7: So I guess, really it's not sure. I guess what's underrated is an actual functional functioning like insulin output. So like, hey, if you're.
Speaker 3: Working, no, keep that wor bless up, keep bless up.
Speaker 7: You know what I mean? Like I hear that that's really what it is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, really, palve, what's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 9: Okay, something I think that's underrated? This may be a story tomorrow. Oh my god, did I lose it?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 9: I didn't, okay, So this may be a story tomorrow that you talk about more because it might have gained traction by then. But this is like a news thing. I think medicine is underrated, especially right now. There is somebody who is like related to Jade Vance through marriage or something. She is a young girl.
Speaker 3: Who was she's twelve years old.
Speaker 9: She was adopted into this family that is like a non denominational Christian family. She's from China when she was four years old. She has heart issues. They knew she would be required to have a heart transplant at some point in her life, and Cincinnati Children's won't put their twelve year old daughter on this heart trans plant list because she her parents refuse to get her vaccinated for like COVID and something else, and like, if you don't get vaccinated, then you are more likely to get infections, the organ is less likely to lass as in.
Speaker 3: She will die right.
Speaker 9: And her parents are like, well, we shouldn't have to do that. So they're fundraising off of it and acting like they're in the right, And I think this is abuse. I think this has so many different strands to it. There's like transracial adoption, this weird evangelical adoption thing issues that have like those people putting their beliefs on these children. And it's also abuse, like she should be able to get the vaccine if it prevents, you know, especially just in general, but especially in order to get this heart transplant be put on this list. So I think, especially right now because I am sick, I'm taking cof meta, I'm taking I just love being over thirty and taking ibuprofen because I exist.
Speaker 7: And so I.
Speaker 9: Think what it's underrated right now is like medical advances and we need to embrace them and we need to understand them and appreciate them because we may not all always get them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we live in an age of wonders. We might not very soon, but we did for Yeah, medicine was really on one there for I think we're going to look back and be like, man, it's pretty fucking fucking crazy. Do you remember when like we didn't have iron lungs built into homes because of the polio outbreaks?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really like in theory, I guess eight years ago or whenever this child was adopted, it's like they're being adopted by a family that's like related to the person who's going to be the vice president of America. And now it's like, of all the directions that young person's life could have taken at adoption, that is the worst one. Like that is that is where we live now. We just need to wrap our minds around the fact. But like this, when people look back, they're going to look back on people living in the United States at this time and be like, God, damn, that must have been fucking weird.
Speaker 3: They're gonna call it the Dark Ages again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dark.
Speaker 3: But we look at we were in our she and outfits in the mirror bubbles are like, are we the babbies not? I mean, I am you look at this ass, look at all that as doing all the talking for me?
Speaker 1: Baby? What is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 10: Okay, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: Cults? Cults joined one for me. I told you we've been wasting our time with this one too much of a mind of her own?
Speaker 10: Are currently looking for a nanny. Our last nanny joined a cult. Wow, And I think they're overrated. So okay, we have this amazing nanny that we shared with a friend of mine. She came two days a week and she was like, you know, I can't come these certain days and times because I have to go to church five days a week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 10: And I was like, all right, you know whatever.
Speaker 3: Like I'm like, are you a Catholic grandmother from Easter?
Speaker 1: So you're all right?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 10: Community friendship, I get it. You know, she's got kids, okay. And then she was like, I can't because I can't do these certain times because I need to take a class on this a writing, a Christian writing class on evangelizing for my church.
Speaker 1: You're all right?
Speaker 10: And then I can't come this other day. So now seven days a week we're at church because I got to work for my church. I gotta do this for my church, okay, right, And then she said I am going to have to leave both of y'all. I My husband thinks I should find something closer to the church.
Speaker 1: Physically, physically closer.
Speaker 10: And then I looked up one of her videos and it's her and her husband out on the street with like an amp and a mica talking about how women who wear pants are from the devil.
Speaker 1: Now I don't understand that, because pants are what.
Speaker 10: Pants are comfortable. No, we're from the devil because we're trying to be men, and we're not doing our being there in the home and it's causing the collapse of society.
Speaker 3: But then you have a job and wear a skirt and then be okay, yes, skirt pants, like you can be an independent woman.
Speaker 1: Just do not wear pants long skirt. But if you're walking and it had recently rained, that shit better be getting wet. That's all I'm saying. Okay, if it's not too short.
Speaker 10: This is why I say cults are overrated.
Speaker 1: But you just haven't found the right cult I think.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I was hoping she was gonna be one good one. I just can't make it today because the there's a comment coming around that we're just we really gotta got to keep our eye on.
Speaker 1: We have an update, speaking of the asteroids, were.
Speaker 10: Asteroid can I get here sooner?
Speaker 3: Sorry, not until Trump is running for his third consecutive term. That the asteroid may hit us?
Speaker 1: But yeah, we so we talked a couple of weeks ago about how they thought that there might be a chance that it was strike Earth. They would have further calculations like that as more data came in. They were like, but you know what, like, chances are it's just going to be going down and down, like two percent chance, we'll turn into like a one percent chance the next day, and then like further and further down, and instead it's going up, going in the wrong direction, So it really is coming. It's I mean, now it's a three percent chance. So it's so they're saying there's a chance.
Speaker 3: Everyone's got slightly different measurements, but it definitely went up.
Speaker 1: So last time we talked about it, yeah, I was like, oh, yeah, that's not the direction I was expert.
Speaker 10: You know what, The chances of us getting hit by an asteroid are the same as the chances of my getting pregnant via IVF right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, so then you're saying there's a.
Speaker 10: Chance, I'm saying there's a chance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's uh, well, hopefully this one hits the ocean rather than being a city destroyer.
Speaker 1: But well, yes, it would be a city destroyer if it hit a city based on the size. But in the olden times, when we had like government programs and like NASA was fully fundfather, they used to be able to like land on an asteroid and explode so that it like moved enough off course that it wouldn't kill a bunch of people. I feel less confident in our ability to do that these days. For some reason, cand of just.
Speaker 10: Hit four people. Yeah, yeah, for really specific people.
Speaker 3: It justs it broke apart so small, just hit the Oval office. That's so weird, very weird.
Speaker 10: Can we call it the Luigi asteroidige?
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 3: And we're back. Uh So, like I said at the top of the show, the Democrats really.
Speaker 11: Let the dumbest assholes alive just waltz on in because they're absolute refusal to a come down to earth where the rest of us live and understand what's that stake for them people, And.
Speaker 3: Also just hearing generally what is anathema to someone who's vote you're trying to court, and then being like, let's just ignore that if someone puts Gaza as a reason why they are maybe questioning their support, let's just put that as like, let's just disappear that as a category so people don't did you read that thing about one of the people who work on the campaign, like how they took concern for Gaza and just like disappeared it as a category, so it wasn't really showing up in like data as it went up. Anyway, all that to say, here we are, I want to point to a few events that are just again it's so infuriating, obviously not because of how evil and like just immoral everything is, but just how stupid they are at the same time. It makes it's truly like a force multiplier for outrage. Christino the head of the Department of Homeland Security and famed K nine or I'm sorry, young K nine executioner, a puppy murderer. That's young K nine executioner. Sounds like some shit they'd say on Fox News, puppy offer. She had an exchange with Dana Bash on CNN where they were talking about how look Elon Musk it now has an obscene level of access to people's data, and Dana Bash is like, yeah, you know, I remember, I can to remember a time when people were like, weren't that into the idea of unelected perverts having access to your personal info. Let me just play this exchange, because this is again what what a moment from from Department of Homeland Security Secretary Christy Nome. Here they are talking just going back and forth about our privacy and who we can and can't trust.
Speaker 12: Remember a time when Republicans were very careful about and worried about.
Speaker 10: The government, particularly unelected people.
Speaker 12: We can't trust having access that's our original data. Yeah, oh absolutely, you are the government. Yes, That's what I'm saying, is that the American people now are saying that we have had our personal information.
Speaker 7: You know what, I can't trust her hairstylist. Did she drag out a bumpet for nineteen ninety She's got more hair that's not hers in her head than I can count. She must have got that from the puppies that she offed, make them into a wig.
Speaker 3: Her hair is hidden switches because it's up in the back. I don't know how it's about to hit the three wheel motion going down, Slawson, man, I I just again, I just.
Speaker 1: Want to weave a deville.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm just trying to. I don't have a lot of hair shade I can throw at the moment. But allow me to catch up. This is this is the wildish shit. How again, reflexively the Republicans do this thing where they go, well, obviously you can't trust the government, and you're like that that just can you can you say that one more time, because uh, just let me hear that one more time from your mouth.
Speaker 12: We can't trust having access that's original data. Yeah, oh absolutely you are. Yes, That's what I'm saying, is that.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I know you fucking, absolute, absolute zero of a person. That Again, she's like, yeah, and that's what I'm saying about the government. She goes on to now just fully panic pivot to I don't know, I think something about Elon. Let me just hear the rest of our answer.
Speaker 12: The American people now are saying that we have had our personal information.
Speaker 10: Shared and out there has access to it.
Speaker 12: Elon Musk is part of the administration that is helping us identify where we can find savings and what we can do.
Speaker 3: And he has says savings like we were cutting coupons and ship Yeah, what the fuck are you talking about? Axing whole agencies and like, well, he's here to help us find savings and I don't know.
Speaker 7: Things where Tesla's are extremely expensive. Elon Musk has never used a coupon in his life. Savings off rockets over Austin just because he farted in the afternoon. Do you know many much money that costs, say.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, and by that I mean, you know, preventing people and developing nations from getting you know, things that make like life saving medication and things like I'm sorry saving life, I'm sorry life saving.
Speaker 7: My bad.
Speaker 3: Bad Yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah bad.
Speaker 13: He's also it's so funny because it's like the basically the main time he's gotten to do this wholesale is with Twitter, which was a disaster that he has lost so much money on.
Speaker 8: Right, like, like the the basic, the tangible time he has done this very thing worked so badly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's like.
Speaker 8: He's he's just like like everything he touches turns to ship.
Speaker 1: It's really amazing.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean that's like the thing. I guess we can take comfort in how predictable this is going to go, that it's just going to break everything.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 3: I mean, because again, this man is not a genius. He just stumbled upon my very stupid and because of his ability to be completely you know, just like sociopath ethic in his pursuit of influence and things like that, Yeah, he emerges in these places that somebody like, oh, well he must be really smart. Meanwhile, was like I'm bringing a sync to this office and I'm going to break the thing and now it doesn't work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now and now we have this before.
Speaker 3: He doesn't know how to build anything. He don't kind of know things.
Speaker 7: Unless it just involves including a back door where Russian hackers can come and get sure of your data. Like he's very good at that. He's great at that.
Speaker 3: Door. Open, just yeah, door, It's like, yeah, just literally the front door. Just in the front door like this and they won't even notice.
Speaker 1: Just do that.
Speaker 7: Actually, he's just kicked all the walls out. He's like, now we just have studs.
Speaker 3: And there's no doors walls. It's more of like a pagoda sort of thing. Yeah, open, come on in from any angle. Honestly, there's nothing whatever you need.
Speaker 8: That is that is the favored architecture of these fucking Nazis. It's just a big acropolis and big open six columns and no walls.
Speaker 1: Right right right, yeah, yeah, come on come on in.
Speaker 3: So again, Yeah, there you are, you're you're your your your habit of constant like we can't trust the government. You ended up saying that ship when you are the fucking head of Homeland Security. But again, but I do believe it when you say it, Christine, No, we cannot trust you at all.
Speaker 8: I do like how we're sort of speed running the incompetence of the first trumpet, or not incompetence, but inability to govern four people. Like I think it took until like COVID for people to be like, oh, these fucks really.
Speaker 1: Can't do this, sure, sure, yeah, And now we're.
Speaker 3: Gonna get there in like, you know, less than a year. Oh yeah, yeah, I think once whatever fucking weird bird flu thing that's gonna probably end up popping up because we're turning our backs on science. And then again they'll probably just blame joke. Well they'll they'll do that.
Speaker 8: But it is like, you know, like like it's I don't know, it's either gonna be.
Speaker 3: Polio or a depression or measles is already popping off right now. You're seeing clusters of measles outbreaks because it's the fucking nineteenth century.
Speaker 1: But anyways, coming.
Speaker 3: Back, oh it is, it is. But meanwhile, you have Senator Katie Britt from Alabama. I don't know if y'all remember her. She was the tired ass want to be like soap opera actor that gave that weird response to Joe Biden's last State of the Union where she was like in a kid, She's like, I'm really worried. It was just like the most labored monologue we'd ever seen. Well, she loved the first few weeks of the new regime, but then I guess she also found out how the government works, and when Trump and Musk made cuts to the National Institutes of Health, and how those cuts would hit Alabama, her home state, pretty hard. She began to be like, oh, wait, okay, ho, what's going on? So on Friday night of last week, quote, the NIH announced it was cutting payments toward overhead costs for research institutions that receive its grants, a policy that could leave universities with major budget gaps. The Associated Pressure reported Currently some universities receive fifty percent or more of the total amount of a grant to put towards support staff and other needs. This would now be capped at fifteen percent. So this is huge, Like in like, the people in Alabama, especially the ones that work at the universities, are like just so you know, like, the University of Alabama is the largest employer in the.
Speaker 1: State, Okay, we need.
Speaker 3: Every single dollar we can get. Budget cuts like this are not wanted, especially within a system that is like again so dependent on federal funds. Katie Britt is now sort of like, I don't know if you can even call this oppose the cuts, but clearly felt the pressure from constituents like to be like you should say something. This is like you're gonna completely fuck us over.
Speaker 1: She said.
Speaker 3: Quote every set of harder and taxpayer money should be spent efficiently, judiciously, and accountably without accept While.
Speaker 14: The administration works to achieve this goal at NH, a smart targeted approach is needed in order to not hinder life saving, groundbreaking research at high achieving institutions like those in Alabama.
Speaker 7: Yeah, hilarious to me because it's like every other dollar that they make that is not come to the government just goes to Alabama football, right, Like role motherfucking tied. We have football, but we need people to think we do other things shape to Alabama in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 3: And it's funny you bring up, you know, the storied football program of Alabama because their other senator, Tommy coach Tommy Tuberville, who acts like he has CTE without actually playing football somehow is just telling people to relax because quote, this is when they asked again, They're like, sir, this could affect you know, the universities in your home state. How do you what do you think of Elon's fucking rampage. He goes on and say, quote, Elon Musk is a genius with a proven track record of making businesses more cost efficient. We should be thanking him for being willing to serve our country in this way.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, I mean the thing that is nice is that this is literally the facts. Don't care about your feelings crowd realizing that red states are takers, they take money from actually productive states and people sure and distribute like this is this is like what actually like like they have this like myth that it's all like you know, urban poor people of color who are taking all their money, and it is literally not true.
Speaker 3: So they are just finding out what happens.
Speaker 1: We need that money.
Speaker 3: They're like, what do y'all think y'all are kicking into the federal government? What what industry you're thriving? That's why like yeah, you know when people are like, well we'll cut off phones to California. They're like, we'll stop sending you money. Motherfucker. Who's gonna pay for Kentucky. Yeah, that's truly the let's go, like, let's fucking go. Yeah, it's it's again thank god that they were, you know, gradually defunded all of the education programs in the United States because yeah, no one has any idea how the government works or how anything works, so they're just again have Like I said this last week, like what my idea of how electricity worked as a kid was, It just came out of my wall. Like I didn't know there was a whole grid and there was a power plant and resources that were extracted to create that. I just thought, yeah, you just plug it in there and then the TV comes on. It does there's more to it.
Speaker 7: And that's how most people think about government spending as well. They kind of see taxes as sort of like working at a restaurant having to pull your tips and unless you're fucking your boss, you're not going to get a bigger chunk, right, Like it's just and it's like it kind of is that way, but it's also like a little bit more complicated, and it's like the wait, how come the dishwasher only got that. Oh well, I'm I'm a server. Is the dishwasher not more important than the server? Like that's basically how our states treat each other.
Speaker 1: Yeeah yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, tune in next week when they figure out what pasteurization is. I think quite literally, we'll get to that story a little bit later. So again, this mission Musk is on is to again cut wasteful without on these quotes here, cut wasteful spending and help us be more efficient and bring prices down too, because the government will be so good at doing different efficiencies that your eggs will be the price that they were when the segregation was still happening. When Brett Bayer asked Trump on Fox directly, he's like, hey, hey, motherfucker, remember how you were like, Hey, the prices are gonna come down. You're gonna love it. That's the whole point of all this shit. We're gonna make shit affordable. Trump predictably gave a non answer. So here's his answer to all of the people who voted for him. Hey, when prices come down, well, get ready for this.
Speaker 7: One all goes to plan.
Speaker 15: When do you think families would be able to feel prices going down grocers energy or are you kind of staying to them hang on and may get worse until it gets better.
Speaker 7: No, I think we're gonna become a rich Look, we're not that rich right now.
Speaker 1: We have thirty six trillion dollars.
Speaker 7: That's because we let all these nations.
Speaker 3: Take advantage of us.
Speaker 15: Same thing, like two hundred billion with Canada, whille three hundred. We have a deficit with Mexico of three hundred and fifty billion dollars.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna do that. I'm not gonna let okay happen.
Speaker 7: What he said.
Speaker 3: I like how Brett Bahar did the thing too, with like an elderly family member is like, and I'm gonna I'm gonna give you the answer you can say as part of the question, so you don't have to just straight up say the prices is gonna go up?
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 3: He said, let me just again.
Speaker 1: We heard it.
Speaker 3: You know, we're comedians. We like to listen. But I'll just again for the people in the back listen Brette Baar. Really he did a nice lob up to Trump here, but he's still he's still fucked it up.
Speaker 15: All goost a plan. When do you think families would be able to feel prices going down grocer's energy or day.
Speaker 3: Or are you kind of saying to them or motherfucker say that this right now? Are you saying that is such?
Speaker 15: Hang on, inflation may get worse until it.
Speaker 3: No, I think, no, No, we're not rich.
Speaker 7: We got We're not rich. We're not rich enough. We don't we don't have enough money, We're not rich enough.
Speaker 3: He first of all, he doesn't even know what a trade deficit is. You know, this isn't Yeah, he's like, it's like it's like three hundred. That's because we're importing more things than they are buying. That's that's what's going on there. It's not just like everything is unfair. I mean more more.
Speaker 8: Than even the first term. Like, the best thing I think I find to like like confront Trump people with is like, do you think Donald Trump is smarter than you? Mm hmm, Because they're you know, that's they have to like like merge the hero worship with the like patent idiocy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it is because I'm pretty sure you seem like a smart person.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but you seem like smart The dumbest motherfucker that has ever existed.
Speaker 7: I mean, are you kid not to counter that though? I mean there's also I mean around here, there's lots of people that they like him because he's not smarter than right, Yeah, that's what it is, where they're like this, I can understand what this guy is saying, which is nothing. He's talking around the house right right, Yeah, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: That Scott is the president? Yes, yeah, I just think it's entertaining, hilarious, and that dude's dumb as hell, and I like that.
Speaker 7: I kind of like that. I feel like that's what.
Speaker 3: We need right now. Someone dumber than me who thinks that just comes out of the walls. I mean again, this would normally be some kind of gotcha moment, but let's remind ourselves that would require Trump to actually give a fuck about anything he says or think that hypocrisy is bad. These people are craven, goblin freaks who just want to you're asking, Yeah, you're asking a lot. Well, let's let's swing the focus, uh to Nashville actually, where human asscab kid Rock recently crashed. Let me just this is a long sentence. He crashed John bon Jovi's keyboard Player's birthday party, in Nashville at a bar that I think John bon Jovi himself owns. This dude was absolutely pissed, as they say in the UK, just drunk as shit when he took the stage and was like, let's see Proud Mary in g.
Speaker 1: And You're like, oh, fuck bro.
Speaker 3: Like when someone who is musical's talent I do not respect is like now saying what key they want to sing?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, oh, this is good. This shit is gonna be good, baby.
Speaker 3: But I think all the beers made his like inner monologue louder, which I assume just like a constant barrage.
Speaker 7: Of shit, like you ain't shit. They all know you have no talent. You're a fake ass blue collar LARPer.
Speaker 3: Your hair looks like cooked angel hair pasta that was left out in the sun and dried out again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he.
Speaker 3: Noticed that people just weren't into his terrible karaoke and you hate to see this again, maybe we do love to see it. Let's see kid rock in action. Come on, start, get the audience going, Oh, he's a clap, you'll clap. Oh he missed the first clap?
Speaker 1: Wait, whoa, whoa, whoa? What happened?
Speaker 11: Kid?
Speaker 1: Clap?
Speaker 3: H first of the fucking ball is on this guy. He can't even clap.
Speaker 1: Did you see that?
Speaker 3: Look at that miss this one? Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa? What come on now, clap with me? Show me how to please?
Speaker 7: Nowhere near the beat. They have slowed that song, which is already slow, and I'll say it ramps up. God blessed that singer. There's no way she could slow it down anymore. Whoa Like there's like six counts between every strum of a fucking instrument happening right now. It's like very much one two, I listen.
Speaker 3: I love DJ Screws, so this is perfect for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this one.
Speaker 3: See if this was in Houston, that might have played a little bit differently, but this is Nashville Music City, and so people some people clapped, other people were like, why the fuck did he just stop the song? But I still want to skip ahead because he got a baby about a minute of people kind of clapping before they were like probably talking to each other like is this motherfucker for real? I know he sounds like shit. And then he had a bit of I guess a meltdown, hissy, I don't know, whatever you want to call it. He had a bit of a Jeb Bush moment when they did not please clap. But here here's that moment where he's like, no, I'm off this ship.
Speaker 5: Come on y'all clatform platform.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Do you think he was actually upset or maybe he just forgot the next verse and he.
Speaker 7: Was I think he was probably actually upset. I think he also didn't realize he wasn't in his bar, right, Yeah, Yes, he owns a bar in downtown Nashville, and he does. He owns a big bar and a big honky tonk in downtown Nashville. Infamously loves to go to after he's been to other places all fucked up, and he loves to show that there and loves to take over the stage and start performing and doing things. So I would bet money that he did not realize he was not in his own bar and was very upset that he was not getting the same respawn that he normally gets in that state in his bar, right, you know what I mean? Maybe the the JB. John bon job. I can't say John bon Jovi, is that right? Why do I want to put a V in there? I want to say John Bonham. I don't know why I'm well, I'm conflating my rock stars.
Speaker 3: Yes, there's apparently a really good led Zeppelin documentary that's about to come out.
Speaker 7: I've actually heard about that too. Yeah, yeah, I need to watch that. But uh yeah, I mean, unfortunately, I have been I've had the pleasure question mark swiggle of sharing space, being in the same place and space as as our friend Kid rock in various states of fucked up inness. Yeah, Bob's Bob's a menace. I'll say that that probably won't win many favorites here in Nashville, but Bob's a little bit of a mess.
Speaker 3: Well, look, you not a fan. You will not be drunkenly singing proud Mary John bon Jovi's bar again. Okay, I certainly won't.
Speaker 7: And I used leave those spaces because your girl doesn't drink anymore. So I'm just like when when I walk in somewhere and that dude's there, I'm like, oh, this is not my party. There is definitely gonna be corocade and a lot more drinking going on here, and I need to leave.
Speaker 3: Not a substance on earth that makes that palatable, I think, in any anyway. But yeah, it's I do like the idea that he's so drunk. Maybe he thought he was because the way he disrespected this dude's birthday too, Like he just sounded like stopping the song.
Speaker 16: It's like, hold on, hold on, hold on, he's motherfucking down copit and then be like, you know what, fuck this The guy, the guy who's like the keeper players like, bro, this is not even your is this.
Speaker 7: No one even if you just happened to be here.
Speaker 1: He's like, this is my fucking bar.
Speaker 3: You guys, get out of my fucking honkey's tong They're like, this is John Bonge. Oh you, oh okay, this isn't your bar, Bob.
Speaker 7: You know this isn't your place, dude, call me Bob Rob. It's not, it's not. It's not for you, honey.
Speaker 3: But you know what, Despite that, there are rumors of him and Lauren Bobert hooking up after the inauguration. So if you need god, just imagine the breath between those two. Oh my god, just bud light, cigarettes and cocaine, like calvita. Yeah, cocaine, Yeah, they got cocaine breath. The very very specific, very specific thing. They got cocaine beer breath with Elvita. That's yep, yep, and I'm about to pass out. And I'm so sorry to any listeners that just did just by us evocate.
Speaker 7: I fell a little ill. Even my dogs started barking. They're like, bro, let's just like please.
Speaker 3: Bro, like, just just let's just put some like core form over my face. I don't think about this ship right, Let's take a quick break. We'll be right back to talk about a thing again. I wasn't joking that Republicans are probably going to find out about pasteurization right after this, and.
Speaker 1: We're back and right, right, guys, big, So these shelved movies we've talked about, like Acme Versus Coyote or whatever. That one is the Will Forte movie that was completed, and then Zaslov from HBO Max was just like, yeah, we're gonna we're gonna kill this and nobody's ever gonna get to see it.
Speaker 3: It was that and Batgirl, right, We're like, yeah, let's just take the tax loss on that one.
Speaker 1: I'm a big mcgruber head, so I was said that that's the Acme one is the one that really sticks with me. But so there's now two more movies that are going away, not because of David Zaslov fortunately, but first I just wanted to ask, like was this something that ever happened before? Like this is knew right, like that there were like albums that were completed and like withheld for a long time, and like book there's like all sorts of legendary books that like got lost. Well, like I think like Hemingway's like first manuscript got lost or something like that. But like movies, I feel like if they could complete a movie and put it out in theaters, they were going to like find a way to do it. Like Bruce Lee died halfway through making his last movie and they just like put somebody in like a wig and like shot him from behind.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's bizarre because it's like it's something about their taxes, because you'd think if you put the capital into completing the movie that's already sunk in costs, that you would be put it out to get your ROI. But there's something, there's something happening where the tax exemption is bigger. So that's the motivation for not releasing because it's been happening now for like four to five years, and it's really sad for the industry and a lot of and it's.
Speaker 1: Like when I hear that like that, well it's tax implications. Like part of me is like, don't say anything. They're like, it's just too smart, it's too complicated, you don't understand it, Just shut up. But like part of me is, I feel like we should just be like, well, that's a dumb system. Then, like if the incentive is such like, then that's too complicated and it like is making the people who have the power to make big decisions do stupid stuff like that, that's bad. So even whether it does make financial sense or not, like, then that means the system is fucking stupid. Yeah, would be my contention.
Speaker 3: I'm just reading a list of movies that were completed not release. There's some There's a movie called All Star Weekend with Jamie Fox and Jeremy Piven. Oh, The hair Plug All Stars The hair Plug All Star Weekend with Jamie Fox and Jeremy Piven, But apparently it like was shelved. It was supposed to come out with the during the twenty eighteen All Star Game about these two guys who win tickets to the All Star Game NBA All Star Game. Yeah, and they were like the post didn't like begin until twenty nineteen, and then in twenty twenty two, Quote Fox confirmed the film was shelved. While promoting the twenty twenty two film, Day Shift expressed the difficulties of getting the movie released in the present day comedy landscape. So I'm guessing so this was supposed to release in twenty eighteen. This something happened in twenty twenty, in which case they said, yeah, you know what, maybe we don't put this out. Apparently Robert Downey Junior was in it, and he plays a Mexican man also, and some people were like, maybe that's what it is, but there was never a reason.
Speaker 1: Yes, again, let's blame the comedy climate and not their terrible decision for casting Robert Downey Junior once again in Brown or Blackfaith.
Speaker 3: There's a picture from this set. He looks like Mickey Rourke more than anything in this picture right here.
Speaker 1: Oh Jesus Christ, that's at Robert. That really problematic.
Speaker 4: She does look like Mickey Rourick.
Speaker 6: Yeah, does any of you guys ever say that I look like Mickey Rourick in a picture? You don't understand the devastation that that's a legal read for you, No leg that was one. You can't come back to get back my bags and leave town. If you ever say I look like Mickey Rourick.
Speaker 1: You're giving pisshund for twenty too much.
Speaker 4: Power whatever street for he's my best friend.
Speaker 1: No, I was talking about pisshound for twenty different different guys different that's Jack Guy, which is secretly all right. So two new movies that will not be ever coming out. One I can kind of see it, all right. So the first one is Pharrell's autobiographical musical about his childhood, The Lego One, not the Lego One Miles because and this is news to me, the Lego One came out last year, came out that dropped on all of our ass and it did not do baffo bio. It did offo bo oh. No, it was not did not do very well. Three million, three mil at It was its first week out, and it had a campaign like it it was playing as a trailer before a lot of big movies.
Speaker 3: I mean as a concept. It was I was like, who is this war and why do indeed, why does anyone? I mean, I love I'm a huge Pharrell Williams fan, like from his time in the Neptunes and stuff. But I'm like, yeah, I don't. I don't need to see a lego depiction of his life.
Speaker 6: I would have watched it, and I probably will now that I know it exists.
Speaker 1: It existed out there. Yeah, you should have seen it in theaters because now we're not getting a second Pharrell autobiography. The thanks a lot, Blair.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I do love a Lego movie like I am a fan.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the Batman Lego movie is a blessed so good. So this one is not a Lego movie, although it's directed by Michelle Gondry of The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and like the the thing I knew him for most before Eternal.
Speaker 3: Migue music video Come Into My World that.
Speaker 1: Made Miles cry for recently.
Speaker 3: Want to know, can't get you out of my head.
Speaker 1: Was the White Stripes video where they are made of legos.
Speaker 3: So was it fell in Love with a Girl?
Speaker 1: What is it? Yeah? I think it was fell in Love with a girl. But it's so again like Farrell was just like I'm gonna it. Really feels like Farrell was in in talks trying to decide between two biopics. One was a Lego movie, one was with the guy who made the Lego music video, and he was like, fuck it, We're gonna do both of these. We're just gonna keep going with both of them, to the point that we had like a Armageddon deep impact situation of Pharrell autobiographies coming out, and they've decided to shelve the second one because nobody saw the first one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's I mean, I'm surprised it was them, you know, because like again, the other examples are like the studios, We're like, bro, we cannot put the shit out, you know what I mean? And I like how Michelle Gondry and Farrell are like no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: So in this case, they were like, we went into the edit bay, we realized that there was no way to make a good movie out of what we had here, and we've decided to not do this. So this is wild.
Speaker 3: They had Janelle Monet, Holly Berry, Yes, fucking Brian Tyree, Henry, Missy Elliott, Quintam Brunson, Jabouki Young White, Yeah, okay, the fucking Twitter lord, Like, I mean, this is such a such an l for a filmmaker to make a fucking movie to completion, take it into post and then say quote during the editing process, they collectively decided there wasn't a path forward to tell the version of this story that we originally envisioned. That's what a script is for, just as.
Speaker 7: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: Like, so there's this bias within Hollywood that it's like writers are kind of like the tertiary. You know, you have the directors, you have the actors, and like producers oversee everything, but like and then the writer is just like down below, you know, just a hired hand, hired gun. You go back and like read the script for like great movies and it's like, yo, this is all there, Like every everything that was great about this is on the page. And you go back and read a script for a shitting movie and a lot of times like it's better than what ended up coming out on screen. Like but yeah, that is they might have wanted to figure this out at the scripting stage, all right. So that's one I probably wasn't going to see. Do you think I have to see? The Legos one, by the way, did not get like terrible reviews. It's like in the sixties on Metacritic.
Speaker 3: So I'm sure.
Speaker 4: Incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the movies are good. I think everybody was checking for that one too specific, like very specific.
Speaker 3: Kids are like Batman, yay, They're like, what about Farrell Williams. They're like the guy who's saying the despicable despicable me, no, no, noable, stop it, don't let me finish. The old man who has a fan, who has fantastic skin, who barely ages that guy, what do you mean barely ages? Okay, maybe that's morely important to me?
Speaker 1: Yeah it Maybe.
Speaker 3: We don't need to see this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's It's usually a bad sign when you're doing a pitch of a children's movie to kids and you keep having to scream, can I finish?
Speaker 7: Let me finish? All right? This one.
Speaker 1: I'm bummed out about this next one though. Netflix just canceled a nine hour documentary about Prince directed by Ezra Edelman, who won the Oscar for the OJ maide in America movie. Did you guys watch OJ maide in America? That shit was so good?
Speaker 4: Was that that one a while ago?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I did watch that one. I didn't watch the new one.
Speaker 1: So this was He's been working on it for the past five years. This is what he like followed up the OJ one with, was this Prince documentary. It's nine hours. It was going to be a complete banger. And then and he was like granted access to Prince's entire archive known as the Vault, and had permission from his estate. And then the estate changed administration and Netflix, the Netflix exect who greenlit the movie left the company and now they're killing the project. So this dude just made a documentary that The New York Times like a journalist got to see it and was like, this is a cursed mass or peace Wow, And yeah, I mean the stuff we're going to learn some stuff about Prince which anybody who's been paying attention probably had a sense that it was there. But allegations of physical assault from his ex girlfriend, descriptions of his addiction to painkillers, and criticisms of certain lyrics as anti semitic. But that now they're going to take another pass at it with with the approval of Prince of the State, And could you imagine how sanitized it becomes like and he was a prince, that was it.
Speaker 3: They called him Prince Prince and everyone lived happily.
Speaker 6: Ever after, let's shut to the that one was because someone on Prince's side like found a way to get it killed to protect his legacy or oh yeah, okay, because I was gonna say, with the last five years, with the state of our industry, the film entertainment industry, I've experienced this several times where there's so many layoffs at the executive that you're developing something with for like a year or two, all of a sudden poof, they're gone in the projects immediately.
Speaker 3: Dead right right exactly. I mean that was a huge thing when HBO Max, like that whole Discovery thing. So many people had shit eventually about to be piloted, have things greenlit. Then all those executives like, hey, man, do you know anywhere that's high Yeah exactly. I was about to ask you.
Speaker 7: If you know somewhere else?
Speaker 6: Yeah, And like the mergers and the whole like like streamers and companies not even existing any I mean, it's just been crazy.
Speaker 3: It's just La feels like and I think this is a this is a very specific to La Vibe thing, but I think people just outside of La should probably understand, like this city feels like it's dying. I don't know if people are aware. It feels like like like you know, when factory jobs were like there's the work is gone. There's some many people having like CRISI is about to like, I'm an editor, but there's nothing to edit edit. Yeah, and I can't go anywhere. I'm a writer. There's nothing to write or that. That whole industry is being so it's like in such a state of chaos right now. Yeah, it's like there's just a huge dimension of the city that's like lost at the moment that it's very fucking eerie. I got to say, it's yelling.
Speaker 4: A lot of people are leaving the business.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know people that are like I used to do this, I'm going to be a warrior now. Yeah.
Speaker 6: People have been in the business for a really long time and yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's it's yeah anyways, changes I'm a.
Speaker 1: Birthday party like the Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters too, children's birthday parties.
Speaker 4: I already am a professional clown.
Speaker 3: So that's it.
Speaker 1: And that's impressive.
Speaker 3: Ahead of the game, Claire, ahead of the game.
Speaker 1: All right, that's gonna do it for this week's weekly Zeitgeist. Please like and review the show if you like. The show means the world demiles. He needs your validation, folks. I hope you're having a great weekend and I will talk to you Monday. Bye at Doctor Doctor cot