Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Welcome back to the Betting Pros NFL Podcast, brought to you by bet MGM. I'm your host, Dan Harris. You can find me on Twitter at Dan Harris Ady. It is time to break down some of our favorite and our least favorite bets for the final regular season week of the twenty nineteen NFL season. And with me to talk about it all is Sean Corner, director of predictive Analytics over at the Action Network. Sean is renowned for his incredibly accurate projections for the NFL, which nearly always leads to him being at the top of the charts for the Fantasy pros Accuracy competition for Fantasy football, but he is also near the top of the charts for the Betting Pros Accuracy competition, so you're in good hands. You can find him on Twitter at the Underscore Odds Maker. Sean. Thanks for coming on the show. How's it going?
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for having me. It's going well, And you know, we were just mentioning this before we went on air, but I think Week seventeen is define my favorite in terms of just betting and daily fantasy and player props and stuff. So looking forward to joining you this week specifically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we talk about it a little bit in that Week seventeen is kind of its own animal, right, I mean, every week you can make your bets. This week we're really try.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's a lot more based on gut field than it is on the raw number. So we are recording this on Thursday, as we always do with the show, but unlike usual, it's the day after Christmas. So that means two things. First, I think it's safe to say that we haven't had quite the same amount of time to do our full analysis of this weekend's games as we ordinarily would. And second, I'm not really sure how much that matters because it's week seventeen and you can't really analyze it like a normal week. We also can't possibly have all the necessary information as to who's going to start or sit, which would otherwise impact our analysis. So this week more than any other week, as I said, you'll want to wait for as much information as possible before placing your best. But with that said, Sean, before we get into it, I do want to ask, because this week is so wonky and lines have moved so much already, have you been able to lock in any numbers early in the week before things kind of corrected themselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so early in the week. You know, there's a few teams that don't have much to play for, you know, the Bills being one of them, the Vikings, and the Texans. The Texans do have a little bit to play for a I think they can move up a seed. But when when they announced, Bill O'Brien said that they were gonna, you know, play to win this week, the Lion was up to Titans minus six, So I just I came in hard on the Texans at plus six, just knowing it was gonna it was gonna come down, get it at the best number. So it's it's dropped down a three and a half. So I wouldn't recommend taking them anymore. But you know, that's how Week seventeen is is when you get announcement like that, it's usually why is to just take the line before it drops. So I have the Texans plus six and that's all I have at the moment. But the ones I'm gonna talk about today, I'll likely have. I'm just waiting to see more information before locking them in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Texans in particular are in the weird situation where I think they have the late game right, so they might know whether or not they're locked in before they even go because I think Kansas City plays the early game, if that's right, unless I'm misremembering, so they may have. But either way, their game matters because it affects you know, it could affect the Steelers, right, it depends on whether or not the Titans win, and I feel like teams in that situation generally play hard. Anyway. For me, I kind of did the same thing where when we were recording Monday, where we look ahead for the early lines, I said that I was going to hit the Bears who were getting seven. It was still available at some books. A lot of books pull it down during the game, but it was still available at some books if it looked like the Vikings were going to lose that game against Green Bay and essentially be locked in. So I did. I hit it basically as soon as that game ended. When it was up, So I'm locked in at Chicago plus seven. The consensus line is now Chicago plus one. I don't feel quite as great about that, but I.
Speaker 2: Would you know, yeah, well, you you locked in six points of value there against potentially the closing number.
Speaker 1: Yeah you did, of course, of course, of course, no, no, in that sense, of course. You know, I haven't yet heard that the Vikings are resting the starters now anyway, and they may want to get that ugly taste out of their mouths and looking so futured off asily, but obviously the value is there. But either way, that's sort of a lesson to be learned in monitoring the lines as we go along. So before we get into this week's picks, I'm just gonna quickly review what went down last week during the show our guest Sean Green. He hit on the Packers getting five and a half from the Vikings, the Eagles getting one and a half from the Cowboys, and Jamis Winston going over three hundred passing yards. His only non win was a push on the Bucks getting three from the Textan, So a pretty nice week for Sean. I hit on all three of my best bets, the Jets getting three from the Steelers, the Dolphins and the Bengals over forty six and a half, and the Cardinals getting nine and a half from the Seahawks. My only miss was on Terry McLaurin going over one hundred receiving yards, which was at plus one seventy for today. As always, Sean and I are going to start with the pick six, where we each give our three best bets either against the spread or on the over. Under Sean, why don't you get us started here?
Speaker 2: So I'll just get started with a pretty meaningless game the Browns and Bengals. I'm eyeing the over on this matchup. My model likes the over environment for this game. It's projected to be the sixth fastest pace matchup. There's a ton of explosive play potential. It's actually my highest projection in that regard. This week. You know, the Bengals have allowed you know, the fourth highest explosive run play rate and second highest exposive pass play rate. So I think the Browns, you know, this will be a game where the Browns wont to end on a good note. They've struggled this year, so I could see Baker Chubb, O'Dell Beckham, and Jarvis LANs y'all having big games here. The Bengals. They should be without William Jackson this week. He was placed on an ir. He did a good job chuting down Odell just three games ago. They played, so he'll be out. So that's going to prove the matchup. You know, Miles Garrett is obviously out for the Browns, but they they have Sheldon Richardson and Olivia Vernon are also questionable. So this is just a game that, you know, especially when it's meaningless, we could just see a sneaky shootout. The only reason I'm waiting to bet this is it opened at forty six. It's it's been hit pretty hard on the under. Sixty three percent of the money has come in on the under. I think that's due to the weather report. It looks like there's a ninety percent chance of rain. I typically don't bet based on any weather report more than seventy two hours before the game, so in situations like this, the market can actually over correct and give some pretty good value. So if the weather report looks like it's going to clear up a bit, I'll come in hard on the over, or just when it seems like the line will reach its low point, which it could be right around forty three and a half. Y No, I'm gonna come in the over, but this one I'm just waiting to see until I get the best number out of curiosity.
Speaker 1: How much does a game like that's gonna see, you know, unless it's torrential downpours? How long? Does how much this heavy rain impact whether or not you want to hit the over because for me, I always think of it more as you know, really windy days are are stuff that can really affect the passing game or the kicking game. But I never know how much to incorporate rain necessarily into whether or not I want to bet the over under. Does it move it significantly in your mind what you want to do?
Speaker 2: Usually not rain. Wind is definitely a big factor. Rain not so much, And I think it always you know, it always comes out of the matchup in this game. If if they do run the ball more, it's not that big of a deal. We saw Joe mix in last week struggle a bit. He came into the game with the stomach above. He should be, you know, closer to one hundred percent this week, but he lit up the Browns just a few weeks ago, ran the ball twenty three times for one hundred and forty six yards in a touchdown. On the other side of the ball. We all know that Nick Chubb and Cream Hunt can rack up yards, so in this matchup, even if it is pretty rainy, I think the you know, the rushing offense versus the rushing defense is a pretty good matchup, so I think that again, there's still sneaky play on the over even if the weather is pretty inclement. But we'll have time to kind of get a better forecast closer to the game. So it looks like it is going to be bad that this number could drop to you know, forty one and a half or something like that. So I just think the market is typically get overcorrect in a matchup like this, so I'm just letting it do. It's you know, lower as much as possible. And they've actually passed through some key numbers when it comes to totals, a number like forty four, forty three, those are some of the key numbers I look for, so it's already moved down to that range. So I think it's providing a ton of value now, but I just want to wait and see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely right now, it's sitting at forty three and a half in our consensus, but it has been moving all week, so certainly can wait till closer to game time to see where it ends up. For my first pick, I am going to take the Falcons and the Bucks under forty eight.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The Bucks have been a pretty good overplay for the majority of the season, but obviously there are some differences in the team now, the biggest being the loss of both Mike Evans and Chris Godwin. But their secondary has quietly started to play a lot better. Carlton Davis has really improved as the season has kind of long. You saw it last week with DeAndre Hopkins. And they've been able to stop the run all year. Everybody knows that, but it's not just being able to stop the running game. It's they've been really elite at stopping passes to the running backs too, And that's really a big deal when you have Vonta Freeman because that's what he's been doing a lot for most of the season. So you know, you know the Falcons are going to get Julio his fourteen hundred yards. He needs about eighty four yards. They are. Austin Hooper's there, but I'm not really sure what else they're gonna do offensively. I think Christian Blake is the second wide receiver. I know he's out there. I've looked at him, but he's just not really getting targeted whatsoever. It's an outdoor game. The Falcons aren't quite a shit about doors, so I don't see this as a huge game for their offense. On the other side, it just kind of is what it is at this point for the Bucks offense. Prashad Perriman and Justin Watson, they're just not the same as Mike Evans and Chris Godwin. Even more than that, though, you really look at the Falcons defense, I feel like it's really turned around. In the second half. Last year, they allowed twenty six point four points per game before the bye. This year, they were allowing more than thirty one points per game. Then coming out of the by you heard that there was this report that Dan Quinn was giving up the play calling duties on the defense. Since then, they're giving up only about eighteen points per game. And it's not like that's just an easy schedule. They've played the Saints twice, for example, so part of it is that they got a little healthier too. But for whatever reason, they're playing well, they're playing hard. And I could also see Julio Jones kind of taking a seat here. He's always injured, he's you know, fighting through injury pretty much the whole year. Once against to his fourteen hundred yards, I could see him taking a seat here. So for me, you know, the Bucks over has been a good play for the majority of the season. For me, I like the under here at forty eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's a great play. Actually, before the opening lines came out, I had this game projected at forty eight. That's where I think the over under probably should have been. And when it opened at fifteen and a half, I didn't jump in it right away because I thought, you know, everybody would be attacking the over here and it might bump up to like fifty one to fifty one and a half or something. Boy was I wrong it. Yeah, the mark hat definitely corrected in the right direction. So now it's you know, forty eight forty seven and a half. So yeah, I would say the value shot now. But I do do like the under in this game. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw it at forty seven actually earlier, and I was like, oh no, But then it seems to have corrected it. Stuff. So it has been bat a lot of these lines, that's the thing. More so than any other week. I feel like the lines are completely all over the place, yep, but it's fun. So what's your second pick here, Sean?
Speaker 2: So this game, I'm I'm probably not going to take the Chargers before the game starts, I've I've lost enough money on them this year. They've just been a tease this year, very frustrating team. They're way better than their five and ten record. Their Pythagoraythereum expected record is actually seven point six wins and seven point four losses. A lot of that's due to their two to nine record and one game one score game. You can make a case that's due to poor coaching, but typically teams regress to you know, winning those games half the time. But you know, I've always said that they don't really have much of a home field advantage since moving here in la I actually lived down the street from the stadium, so I've known about this for a while that we don't really have the most loyal fans, so it's usually mostly just you know, teams rooting for the way fans rooting for the way team. We saw Philip Rivers have to do a silent count last week at home, so they're fourteen and seven against the spread on the road since moving here. So I think people still overlook that quite a bit. Having said that, this isn't a game I'm going to take before the game starts, because as this game plays, I'll be looking at the Patriots Dolphins game. So I think if the Patriots get off to you know, a fast start there and they get you know, a fourteen plus lead in that game, we could see the Chiefs pull back a little bit, potentially sit Patrick Mahomes. I'm not saying that's likely, but that's just a potential we have to look for. But also, you know, the Chargers in general typically get off to a slow start. So Philip Rivers in his first ten pass attempts this year, he's had a three eight to seven touchdown interception ratio with the QB rating of seventy seven, and then the rest of the game it improves to eighteen touchdown to eleven picks ratio with the QB rating of ninety five point two. So he does improve as the game goes. And this is a game where I'm expecting the in game line could move up to you know, say ten and a half to seventeen and a half, and they're they're more likely to do, you know, pull off the back door cover in that situation, So I'm not gonna take him plus nine to start when we get more value in game, and that's that's when where you'll want to monitor other games to see how a team like the Chiefs could start to pull back as the game goes on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the only thing they have right in there is the possibility of getting the two seed. I mean I could, I guess I could lose. As we talked about today, they could switch to the fourth seed as well. If the Texans win and they lose.
Speaker 2: Right yeah, yeah, I think that is a possibility.
Speaker 1: But I think the Texans play later again, so they're really and that's not a big deal. I mean, you don't want to play Buffalo if you can avoid it. But regardless, it is really about getting the buy. And if the Patriots destroy the Dolphins, as I think most people expect them to do, then you could certainly see them pulling back. So I like that call as well. I don't have a great feel for it, as you know, as you mentioned at the start of the game. Right now, it's certainly not a game that I'm looking It's bounced back and forth between eight and a half and nine and a half, kind of all week, but I like the in game plan that for my second one. I don't know if you're gonna like this one, Shohn, So I'm going to listen to what you have to say, but I'm going to take the Broncos laying three and a half here to the Raiders. Now, it's at three in a couple of books, so if you can get it there, I much prefer it there. But even with the hook, I'll still take it. The Raiders. They have this legitimate chance they hit on this ridiculous thing where like ten things are going to fall their way and they somehow make the playoffs. But I don't think it's going to happen, and I think that if all else fails, it's not gonna happen, because I think the Raiders are going to lose this game, and they're going to lose it by more than three points. The Broncos are not a bad football team. They could have easily been in the mix of a few things went their way earlier. Drew Locke is competent. They're leaning on Philip Lindsay more, Courtlin Suttons, one of the more talented wide receivers in the game. Their defense is solid. They're capable of putting up some points, especially against a team like the Raiders that are thirtieth and weighted defensive DVOA and offensively. The Raiders are just they're down some key pieces. They did get Hunter Renfro back, but it's still unclear if Josh Jacobs is going to play. You had some minor leg procedure yesterday. Apparently it was just for an infection. I'm not sure about his availability, but he obviously has the shoulder injury. Trent Brown is now on IR Richie Incognito missed last week. I don't know if he's going to be back here. So their line has kind of been their strength all seasons. So without those guys it really hurts them. And I get that it's a narrative, but Derek Carr does not play well in cold weather. I think his teams are two and eleven or two and twelve when the weather's under fifty degrees. I've lost count at this point. It's a high of thirty seven in Denver on Sunday. It's a tough place to play anyway. It's their second divisional game. The Broncos surely want to go out on a high. Note, especially after losing to the Raiders in Week one, and even if the Raiders like just you know, from a very public perspective, the Raiders are like, well, they might have a chance of the playoffs and the Broncos don't. So you know, don't you want to favor that team? I think you know, more often than not, these teams come out that are out of it and they play really hard. Guys are playing for jobs. I think they want to win after they got embarrassed a little bit in that opening game, so I think they're going to play hard here. So for me, I'm interested here because I have a feeling you might not agree, but I will take the Broncos length three and a half to the Raiders.
Speaker 2: No, I like the call. That's a game where I'm probably staying away from. It's really tough betting on a team that doesn't have anything to play for. But I forgot the theory. But you know, the Raiders fall under it where you know they're a bad team. It's almost a miracle they even have a chance for a playoff birth here. But you know, a team like that, there's a reason they're fighting for a playoff spot. So those teams are more likely to have a letdown game, so I think they will be a popular bet. Looks like about sixty five to seventy percent of the action has come in on them, and you know, the Broncos are still laying a key number like three and a half, So I think there is some sharp action on the Broncos. And like you said, I think the Broncos are very underrated. They if they make a couple splash landings in the offseason, they could be sort of the twenty nineteen Browns going into next year. You know, hopefully it doesn't turn out that partly, but I think they have a lot of pieces in place. Drew Locke has impressed me. He's been a lot better than I thought he'd be. So this is another game where, yeah, I think they'll try to have a statement game heading in the next year. So even though they don't have much to play for, they don't have anything to play for for the playoffs, I think this will be a game where they come out more motivated than people think.
Speaker 1: And I think you know, when they these lines are set, I think you know, the people who set the lines know that the public is going to be thinking about, oh, one team has a chance to play for something the other team doesn't, and so more of the money is going to come in on it. But like you said, the fact that the line's not moving, it's been at three and a half all week, I think says that it's probably more of a play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And we've seen the Raiders have a massive letdown game in a spot like this before. I mean, they played the last game ever in Oakland and they let the Jaguars come back and beat them. So that just goes to show you that they would be the type of team that would have a letdown game in this exact spot.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And you can't take anything away from the fact that they just destroyed the Chargers because that doesn't count, as he basically does exactly. All right, let's movo on to your last pick. What do you got?
Speaker 2: Okay, So this this game, it's a cluster injury situation. So the the Seahawks have had a brutal stretch where they lost for Sea Penny. Then last week they lost Chris Carson and CJ. Prosss. So a situation like that, I do I facor that in quite a bit. So I think they're they you know, probably Dock them off about a point, maybe a point and a half on the power rating. Now, they did bring in Marshawn Lynch and Robert Turbin, which you know is exciting from a DFS perspective, but you know, I think they'll fill in a bit. But I think Travis Homer will be the starting running back. But ultimately this game is gonna come down on Russell Wilson's shoulders. So I like getting him at home here getting plus three and a half. I thought the Niners had probably closed maybe one and a half to two point favorite here, but three and a half is just way too much on the road. Russell Wilson's only been a home underdog seven times in his career and he's six and one, so I just think, you know, getting him here at home is just a clutch game like this. This is definitely my play of the week. So while I'm avoiding most of the games because they're involving teams with nothing to play for, this is the This is the one game I'm treating straight up and feel pretty good about.
Speaker 1: You know, I wonder whether or not this might be beneficial to the Seahawks who have all these injuries at running back because no matter what, they're not going to give the same number of carries. Even however, the backfield, you know, shakes out with the three running backs, so I can't imagine they're going to run it as much as they were when you had Carson and Penny and even pro Sise. So I think putting the game more in Russell Wilson's hands, even though the Niners are probably a little more exploitable on the ground, I think that's only a good thing for Seattle. And you know, the game against Arizona, I just feel like they were, you know, as much as they had the injuries, I feel like they were just kind of looking past it. I feel like they were just looking at this game, and as much as it affected, you know, the seating that they'll get if they win the division, I think they were just looking at this game. So I like the call. I don't know if I if I can do it. Honestly, it's something where I think there is value, but I've had trouble pulling the trigger on it. And again I agree with you. I expected it to be closer. I think it might have been two and a half at one point, but it's basically been sitting now at three and a half.
Speaker 2: Well they've yeah, they've been just getting killed, I would say. So it looks like they're seventy five percent of the tickets and eighty two percent of the money that was just you know, just sheer money and ticket action coming in, so they had to move it past key number. So right, we'll see going forward. If it stays at three and a half, that might worry me. But I think Sharps are going to come in on the three and a half pretty soon.
Speaker 1: All right, I like it. For my final pick, I'm going to take. This is so much more of a narrative play. But we're in week seventeen. I'm going to take the Ravens and Steelers. When I took it the under it was thirty eight. It now our consensus is thirty seven, So whatever, I don't care, I'll taking It'll be twenty five. I'll take it. I talked about this when we took an early look at the lines back on Monday. There's always a worry with a defensive score or two. With this matchup, both defenses are excellent, even with some Ravens resting here on the defensive side. But outside of that, It's really tough to see this getting even to this number of thirty sevens. The Steelers are so abysmal offensively. I mean, Duck Hodges would not be in there if Mason Rudolph were healthy. The alternative now is Paxton Lynch. James Connor misspractice again today. I'm sure he's going to miss this game. We don't know who's going to be on the defense for the Ravens. I think the only thing we do know for sure is Brandon Williams is not going to play. That obviously hurts the run defense. But again, if it's Benny Snell leading the way, the Ravens can't possibly fear Hodges. It's not like I expect them to be able to run all over the Ravens. More importantly, we have talked about this a couple of times on this podcast before. John Harbaugh does not like to lose. He crushes in the preseason. He does not want to lose this game to the Steelers, maybe let them into the playoffs. He wants to win. So whoever is out there, he is going to play to win the game. The Steelers have an outstanding all around defense, and we know there's no Mark Ingram, there's no Lamar Jackson. I'm sure there are going to be a couple of other offensive starters who are going to sit. RG three is probably going to run the exact same type of offense, which means there's going to be a lot on the ground. It's going to eat up the clock, probably try to avoid turnovers. It's hard to judge these games when you have a lot of backups in. But I mean, the totals for the Steelers last seven games is twenty nine, twenty eight, twenty six, thirty three, forty twenty seven and twenty six. It's not all that much rocket science. I think Tomlin is going to try to keep Hodges from losing the game. He'll probably play conservative, try to win it with his defense. So even at thirty seven, which is an abysmally low total, I'm gonna still ride with it and take the under thirty seven. I like it, Okay, I'll take it. That's all you gotta say. I will take it. All right, let's recap here, Sean, you're going to take the Bengals on the Browns over forty three and a half. You're obviously waiting till the end to see all all the shakes out. You're gonna take the Seahawks getting three and a half from the forty nine Ers, and you're gonna almost certainly be popping an in game bet here on the Chargers or the Casey game. Once the Pats look like they may be running away with their game against the Dolphins. I'm gonna take the Falcons in the Bucks under forty eight, the Broncos link three and a half to the Raiders, and the Ravens and the Steelers to go under the really small number of thirty seven. Now, before we move on to our next segment, I want to tell everyone about the sponsor of today's show, bet MGM, specifically the bet MGM Sports App. With the bet mgm Sports App, you can place a bet right from your phone. Here's all you need to do. Search for the bet MGM Sports app in your app store, download it, and sign up for an account. When you sign up, you want to use our promo code Harris. That's my last name, Harris, Because they're going to be handed what essentially amounts to a guaranteed bet. Bet MGM does these crazy offers where they basically essentially give you free money, like this past weekend. If you placed a one dollar money line bet on the Chiefs to beat the Bears, you not only won the bet, but you also won one hundred dollars in free bets just because Patrick Mahomes completed a single pass. This weekend, you've got the college football playoffs. Maybe like Clemson, maybe you assume LSU is gonna win its game easily. But for purposes of bet MGM, it doesn't really matter. Place a one dollar money line bet on any of the teams this Saturday, anyone, and if any one of those teams scores even a single touchdown, you win two hundred dollars in free bets. It does not have to be the team you bet on, It does not have to be in the game. You bet on. Any team scores a touchdown, you got two hundred dollars in free bets. The offer is valid through kickoff of the Fiesta Bowl too, so that's at eight o'clock Eastern time. But you got to sign up for the bet MGM Sports app use our promo code Harris. These winnings are paid in free bets. You must be twenty one years or older, and although you can sign up an easily deposit money anywhere. You must be in the state of New Jersey to place a sports bet, and certain restrictions apply. Is it betmgms dot com for the fullest of terms and conditions. And if you've got a gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler, all right, John, it's sign for it's a trap where we each list one bet we are avoiding. I'm sure we have more than one, but go ahead and give me your number one that you're avoiding.
Speaker 2: So I'm avoiding betting on the Steelers Ravens spread. You know, at certain times this week I really liked the Ravens and other times I really like the Steelers. You kind of mentioned it. I think this is the type of game that the Steelers, you know, would be pretty good at. I think they would get away with the conservative game plan, sort of keep the ball out of Duck Hodge's hands, lean on the run game, lean on that strong defense, and just keep it close, and they should be able to pull it off against a Ravens team that's you know, resting a lot of key players. But I mean the advance line for this game, I probably would have this around man minus thirteen and a half or minus fourteen if everybody was active and trying for the Ravens. So a sixteen point line move as good as Lamar Jackson is and some of the key players like mark Ingramar, I think that's a lot of points, you know. I think RG three and Gus Edwards will be fine. So it's just the game where I've been tempted to go either way. So I've just decided, Okay, that means I'm not going to bet either side. I'm just gonna enjoy this game, whether it's betting on player props or dfs. But I am not going to even try to take a side here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I completely agree with you. I like the under because I don't expect I expect both teams to just kind of relax and lean on their defense. But I have no idea. I do not have a feel for this game. And it's one of many this week, and the one that I'm avoiding is the Cowboys laying ten and a half to the Redskins. I felt good about the Redskins earlier in the week, the line was a couple of points higher. I think case Keenum at this point is at worst a lateral move from Dwayne Haskins probably, you know, an upgrade, but the offensive line is really beat up. Terry McLaurin is still in the concussion protocol. Last I checked, I haven't seen anything yet from today. They're completely decimated in their secondary. Their corners are Aaron Colvin, Cody Sensebaal, and cam On Webster. You saw how easily the Giants carved them up last week, so it is really hard to see them stopping the Cowboys at all. But Dak Prescott does not look right, and it's a Jason Garrett led team. So I feel like that's seen the Princess Bride, where Zemi's explaining how because of X factor, I clearly can choose the wine in front of you. But then he goes through another factor and says, and so I clearly can choose the wine in front of me. And that's basically how I feel. I can't choose the Cowboys wine, can't choose the Redskins wine. I'm just gonna drink beer and be happier for it. So that's the game I'm avoiding. You are avoiding the Steelers laying two to the Ravens, and I'm avoiding the Cowboys lank ten and a half to the Redskins. So before we go into our final segment, I want to remind everyone about our giveaway, so signed Michael Thomas Saints helmet. You can go to betting Pros dot com slash contest for more details, but to enter, just leave a review for the show on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, send a screenshot of that review to contest at bettingpros dot com. If you have already entered a previous contest, you are automatically entered for this one, So no worries about that. The Thomas helmet, all of our signed helmets, they come from Pristine Auction, where they offer a ton of great memorabilia with thousands of auctions every day. Just go Pristineauction dot com. That's pr I s t i n E auction dot com And when you go there, use our promo code Betting Pros and win a free five dollars voucher instantly. All right, Sean, let's finish up with top prop. What's your best player prop for this weekend?
Speaker 2: So you know, we were talking about this before we went on air, but week seventeen sportsbooks definitely like to hold off player props as long as possible. It's definitely the trickiest week for that market. There's only one player prop out there right now. It's Travis Homer's rushing yards. And I actually do like this prop. It opened up at forty two and a half, which I think is a pretty good line. I would set it closer to forty five and a half. I have Homer getting eleven point seven carries here. Pete Carroll mentioned, you know, he wants to kind of stick with the guy that's been there, so they mentioned they would lean on Travis Homer this game. I think Marshawn Lynch, you know, he will get sort of the short down goal line work, but Homer should get the carries between the twenties. And that's that's where a prop like this comes into play. Really, Robert Turbin, I'm assuming we'll just be nothing more than a change of pace back. So I like Homer getting over forty two and a half yards. And you know, since we've been on air, the line has dropped to thirty nine and a half. I think this is one of those things where people are they're just excited to see Beast mode Sunday night. So I think the Homer prop it could just go down. I think people will just expect Marshall Lench to just inherit a twenty Carrie roll or something. So it's rare that I do attack overs on player props, but I think this is one, especially at three and a half. I have I ran my assimulator on it, and I have them getting over that roughly fifty nine percent of the time. So there's quite a bit of value on this right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that one too. Yeah, I agree with you completely, by the way, with player propats, which I love, you know, probably more even than betting generally on the spread, the unders are usually where I like to hammer it because I almost always see more value there. Now on this we always talk about it. It's Thursday. There aren't that many props that are available in the market, and then that's especially true as you said this week, So more often than not, we are taking overs because that's what's available over at points bet, and that is what I'm going to do here. And I'm gonna take Christian McCaffrey to go over seventy five yards receiving, which is that even money over at points bet. Now, if you want the free square, take over fifty yards at minus two point fifty abstinente injury, that's gonna hit. He's sixty seven yards receiving away from a one thousand rushing yard one thousand receiving yards season. The coaching staff has already come out and basically said he is going to get it. That would only be the third time in history, joining only Roger Craig and Marshall Fock. So look, it's possible that his last reception gets him to seventy yards receiving and he's pulled. That's fine, but I'd probably drop a larger wager on going over the fifty yards, and I'd add one on the seventy five yards, just to you know, go for the bigger payout. But for me, I think there's almost no chance with a team like the Panthers that has nothing to play for it. There's also probably not gonna be Dj Moore in this game. They want McCaffrey to get over sixty seven yards, So I think over fifty is a lock and over seventy five is pretty close. All right, Sean, that's gonna do it for today's show. Thanks for joining me. Remind everybody where they can find more of you and your.
Speaker 2: Work, so you can find all my content on actionnetwork dot com and please follow me on Twitter at the Underscore Odds Maker. That's where I know set lines for random things or give fantasy advice, and that's where I post all my contents, so you can find all my work there as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as I mentioned, Sean is one of the most accurate fantasy experts out there, so if you do play fantasy football, you should definitely follow him as well. Thanks again for coming on, Sean. Hopefully we can do it again soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Thanks again to the sponsor of today's show, bet MGM. Remember to download the bet MGM Sports app, use the promo code Harris to place a one dollar money line bet on any team playing on Saturday in the college football playoffs, and you can win two hundred dollars in free bets so long as any team on Saturday not necessarily the team you bet on, not necessarily even in the game you bet on any team on Saturday scores a touchdown, and don't forget to leave this review on Apple Podcasts or stitch. Send a screenshot of that review to contest at bettingpros dot com to be entered into our Michael Thomas signed helmet giveaway with your wagers this week and everybody. We will be back next week talking about the playoffs.