Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna have some fun today with a brand new awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 2: It's about to start. Who and Jeff just walked in for the intro. Hey Jeff, Jeff, Yes, this was going to happen.
Speaker 1: Jeff, don't leave, Jeff, just say hi to the second date up day listeners.
Speaker 2: Oh, Jeff, I was disappointing.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to read that guy's comment, but we will read one of our listeners.
Speaker 3: Well, says Jeff's in here, I'll read this comment that says Jeff's voice always turns me on.
Speaker 4: Look at that?
Speaker 2: Was that a commentary? It was not a lexus definitely not.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call started right now.
Speaker 3: If you've never done speed dating before, or if you have, you know how awkward and exhilarating it can be, all in the same moments.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I thought you were going to end that with just the speed part.
Speaker 3: Yeah, equally exhilarating, but you never know what you're going to get from the one guy who won't make direct eye contact with you to the one who just can't.
Speaker 4: Stop drooling the entire conversation.
Speaker 3: For one of our listeners, if you gave him a million guesses. Never in his wildest dreams did he think he'd be sitting across the table from this particular person. Oh, and that has led him all the way to us asking for our advice in your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: We'll do it right after this.
Speaker 2: It's awkward, It's Tuesday.
Speaker 4: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 3: You've heard stories of wild coincidences where you travel twenty thousand miles across the world to visit a different country, hop on a random bus tour, sit down and realize your next door neighbor is there too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it really does happen.
Speaker 2: I know it's crazy.
Speaker 4: Are the odds of that? Websitting my kids? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Apparently one of our listeners had a crazy coincidence happened to him recently, so crazy that he needs our help making the next step.
Speaker 2: I love this. What's the story?
Speaker 4: His name is Sean. Sean, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hi, everybody, good to be here.
Speaker 2: Are you calling from a bus tour as we speak?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: Really tickled him in Sean for yes or no? Yeah, you're not going to get that. Apparently, Sean, tell us about your situation. What was the crazy coincidence that happened to you?
Speaker 5: Okay, So I've been single for a while, okay, and the other night one of my friends finally got me to go out to a speed dating event. Do you guys know how these things work? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've hosted them before.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean it's timed right, So you have a couple of minutes with each person, and it's usually the men that have to change tables.
Speaker 2: Man, you like, write down what number you like the best at the end of the night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, last night? Yeah, accurate.
Speaker 2: When you host him, you have to explain.
Speaker 4: Okay. So yes, I think we're aware of how they work. What happened?
Speaker 5: So? I mean I see a lot of a lot of good people have a good conversation, but the third person I recognize them?
Speaker 4: Oh really, the third woman that you met with?
Speaker 2: What do you know here from?
Speaker 5: She is my ex wife?
Speaker 2: Oh? Is not small? The girlfriend?
Speaker 6: Oh my god?
Speaker 7: Are you like?
Speaker 2: Can I skip table three?
Speaker 4: How was that interaction?
Speaker 5: Well, if it was a normal interaction, I wouldn't be calling I wouldn't Yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: I mean drama.
Speaker 6: Did you thank you?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No? I want to know what the breakup was like, yeah, you give us the t first. Are you guys friendly or not?
Speaker 5: It was amicable things. I just didn't end up working out. It didn't end ugly, no kids, It was a pretty clean break.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 4: How long were you together?
Speaker 5: We were only married about a year and it was it was a long time ago. We just got married a little too young.
Speaker 2: I hadn't found yourself yet. Yeah, okay, got it.
Speaker 4: So did you interact with her? Like what do you do at the speed dating event with your ex wife?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean we talked and I thought it went well. And I'm very surprised by that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Like well and like maybe you could be friends or like, well, and what are you doing.
Speaker 5: Inst Well, I realized that out of everybody there, I still had the most chemistry with her.
Speaker 3: Well, to be fair, you did have like a year of connection with her before that, so she did have a slight advantage over all the other women.
Speaker 2: Wedding together with.
Speaker 1: Well, you're saying that it's probably good that he didn't have more of a connection with the stranger.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's like I like rom coms. He's like me too, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: But sometimes that works out.
Speaker 1: I got people who got divorced and then remarried later and ended up staying together forever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's not impossible. So where where's your head at?
Speaker 5: Well, the breakup was eight years ago. A lot of time has passed. We are different people than we were before, and I want to give it another go.
Speaker 4: Okay are you asking?
Speaker 1: I need to know what kind of signs were you getting from her that she'd be open to this.
Speaker 5: I mean it's hard to tell. We didn't have much time together, maybe three minutes, but there's a lot of smiles. We laughed a lot. It was a good time.
Speaker 1: I mean, Okay, So, like, what's the worst that can happen, you know, asking your ex wife out she's already divorced you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't get lower than that.
Speaker 5: I mean, worst case scenario, I just get divorced the second time I'm married.
Speaker 4: You can day without marrying people, you know, it's hard to do that.
Speaker 2: You guys, that doesn't count a second time. It's like when you hook up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you can just get married unlimited time. This is a healthy way to approach it.
Speaker 3: So I'm curious what made you reach out to our show for help? Like, what are you looking to do? With your awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 5: We've kept in touch since then. We've been texting, but I'm not taking it that next step to flirting yet because I don't know how to start that again without it being really weird.
Speaker 3: So you've come to the flirtation experts to get a little bit of help.
Speaker 4: Brooke, this is where you're gonna shine me.
Speaker 2: I'm terrible at flirting, ask Alexis, Why would I know if you're bad at flirting? Nod?
Speaker 4: Okay, and I don't think we've got your ex wife's name.
Speaker 5: Oh, her name is Janelle.
Speaker 2: Janelle.
Speaker 1: Oh, Sean and Janelle is a cute couple names.
Speaker 4: It's like Chanelle if you put it together.
Speaker 2: What was your wedding hashtag? Something like that.
Speaker 5: That was a long time ago. Hashtags weren't really popular back then.
Speaker 3: Oh well, maybe this is a good selling point when we get her on the phone.
Speaker 6: Hey, we have a hashat.
Speaker 3: Okay, we ship Chanel and we'll see if she ships it too when we come back.
Speaker 4: Give you our advice.
Speaker 3: Let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call to re ask out your ex Wifey.
Speaker 2: You met at a speed dating event.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so romantic.
Speaker 3: We'll do it right after this hold on, it's awkward, It's Tuesday.
Speaker 4: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 3: Is it ever a good idea to give it another try with your ex? That's what one of our listeners, Sean, has been wondering lately after bumping into his ex wife at a speed dating event. Yeah, their marriage, you should know, was very short. It ended about eight years ago, but they were young. They say they got married a little bit too early.
Speaker 2: He says that that's what he said. We don't know, yes.
Speaker 3: Exactly, but after he saw her the other night, he's been thinking about her a lot, wondering if maybe they should try going out again, and could it possibly be better than the first time.
Speaker 1: Well, and they met at a speed dating event, so she's definitely open to dating right now and single right Hey, that's smart.
Speaker 3: I don't thinking about that, But is she open to dating her ex husband? Does he even pose that question to her without sounding like a total lunatic. That's where our advice comes in. So, Jose, what have you got for him?
Speaker 4: If you want to.
Speaker 6: See if there's still something between you and your ex, you just need to get her in the right mindset. Bring up your favorite memory of you two being happy together, and that's going to get her in that headspace of the good times.
Speaker 4: Okay, right, I see what you're saying, Sean. What do you think about that?
Speaker 5: At a little embarrassing?
Speaker 4: Oh embarrassing?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 4: Was that remember when we were happy?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Even just your wedding day I think would be a.
Speaker 2: Good Do you have a hard time with emotions?
Speaker 5: You need to know that now it's actually the morning after it was a mild hangover.
Speaker 2: You don't need to tell us. You can tell her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we don't need to know it. I'm sure Janelle will remember. But that's one's advice.
Speaker 3: Get her head in the right place by bringing up something happy from your time together, brook.
Speaker 4: Brook What do you think.
Speaker 2: I'm not trusting him either.
Speaker 1: That's why we're just gonna alter that advice a little bit. In set a favorite memory. Let's bring up hottest memory, right.
Speaker 2: The best, most adventurous, whatever you had. That's that's where you need.
Speaker 4: This is less for Janelle and more for just Brooks. She wants to hear it.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure about that one.
Speaker 2: She doesn't want to talk about hot things. Don't talk about happy things.
Speaker 5: John, I'm nervous.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, you don't have to give all the gory details. Just say, like, remember that time at the lake cabin, Like that's all you'll You'll brook.
Speaker 4: With the lake cabin a personal life out of this, I know she does.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's remember it's.
Speaker 4: In a separate room. Okay, let's just move on. Sean, I apologize. This is why people think they saw Bigfoot.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's the advice that we have. I wouldn't dare give you another piece of advice. Let's just call Janelle. We'll see if she answers, and hopefully we can get her to agree to you the.
Speaker 4: Idea of going out with you one more time. I think it sounds cool.
Speaker 5: All right, all.
Speaker 3: Right, we've done it.
Speaker 4: I'm dialing the numbers and we're gonna shut up.
Speaker 7: Here we go.
Speaker 8: Hello, hey Janelle. Oh Sean, yeah, hig, I'll give you a call.
Speaker 5: And it's been a while since we've talked.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean, I said her the other night that was kind of crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah it was, but well I had a good time. Yeah, you're seeing you as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean it's been a long time. How how are you doing.
Speaker 5: I'm doing all right, I mean mostly, uh.
Speaker 7: Like, what are what are you been doing right now.
Speaker 5: In general or right now, right now, right now, I'm talking to you.
Speaker 7: I just mean, why are you calling me?
Speaker 5: Well, I was driving around the other day and I saw a treehouse right and I was kind of brought back to eight years ago.
Speaker 7: Okay, do you do.
Speaker 5: You remember the treehouse that one summer?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I remember?
Speaker 7: But why are we talking about this?
Speaker 5: Because it was a good hot memory, you know, the door showers, the fun. It just it's been on my mind.
Speaker 7: Okay, Honestly, I gotta go, But I mean I'm sure i'll see you around or whatever.
Speaker 5: Before you go. I do have some things I want to say that are a little more thought out. Okay, I know it sounds crazy. I mean, we got married before, and we got married for a reason when we really liked each other way back then, and being with you again it felt amazing, and.
Speaker 7: I mean, well, I mean, if I'm being honest, it was really good to see you again too. But I was kind of surprise as you were even there.
Speaker 5: Surprised that was why.
Speaker 7: Well, because a year and a half ago I ran into Joe. He told me the situation and.
Speaker 5: What situation you know that you're.
Speaker 7: That you're gay.
Speaker 5: Oh oh, what what I mean?
Speaker 7: It's okay? Like everybody knows what?
Speaker 2: Why is he confused?
Speaker 5: What are you?
Speaker 7: What are you talking about? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Hey Janelle, I don't know if you can hear.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you're on the radio right now.
Speaker 7: This is I don't know what is going on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is We're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 7: Hi, good morning that and everybody heard that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody, We've all been listening to your conversation because Sean needed our help.
Speaker 4: He told us about running into you at the speed.
Speaker 3: Dating event the other night and he felt, yeah, there's a connection.
Speaker 1: You know, people go between right like people tay guys and people tay girls and that's totally fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But Sean, why do you sound confused.
Speaker 5: Because I'm not day? Are you sure.
Speaker 7: It's not something you have to hide?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 7: I still even talk to your mom and she thinks the same thing.
Speaker 5: She knows my mother.
Speaker 4: What everyone?
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 3: It sounds like you've got some fires to put out with all of your other friends and family, Sean.
Speaker 1: But are you just like embarrassed about the information coming out? Is that? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I swear I'm not gay? I've never been gay. We got married, but that doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: I think we're really losing the point.
Speaker 3: We need to refocus because the whole reason that we made this call Janelle. Obviously you don't know this, but we're trying to see if there's still any potential romantically between you and Sean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now that you know that he also likes women only, Yeah, I don't know, it opened for him.
Speaker 2: He needs to go either way.
Speaker 5: To me, I am interested in women. I am interested in you, Like, are you sure or is this just like.
Speaker 1: I think it's just because you were so awkward about bringing up that treehouse memory.
Speaker 4: Of the hook up.
Speaker 5: That was your advice.
Speaker 1: I meant to do it in a more comfortable, like sexy way.
Speaker 4: You that, Okay, do you get your husband in the woods. Let's forget the treehouse.
Speaker 3: Let's let's focus more on you and Janelle possibly hanging out.
Speaker 2: It sounds like she's starting to like process the information.
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't believe any rumors from my stupid friend.
Speaker 2: Or rumors from your stupid mom and.
Speaker 7: Your mom like your mom.
Speaker 5: I guess I need to have a conversation with you.
Speaker 2: But hey, great, you're from such a loving family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, Sean, why don't you give you know, one final pitch on why she should see you.
Speaker 5: I like the chemistry we had eight years ago and a couple of nights ago good, and I think it's worth another shot to at least go out on a date.
Speaker 2: Come on, Janelle, Like, what is going to drinks with your ex husband?
Speaker 7: Hurt? I mean, if you tell me how your mom reacts, then it might be worth it.
Speaker 3: After their conversation, I don't.
Speaker 2: Think Janelle believes you still shot.
Speaker 4: Janelle, you need to meet up and find out.
Speaker 5: I believe you, but I mean, I'll talk to my mom and over dinner, I'll tell you what happened.
Speaker 4: Wow, that is romantic.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was the hottest start of a.
Speaker 3: Data I feel like I'm in that tree house right next to the outdoor shower all over again. Goodness, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Brook, he really didn't like your advice, even though he did use it.
Speaker 2: Because he can't be sexy. It's not my pot Okay, it's not my fault.
Speaker 1: That was the most awkward way to bring up a hot memory.
Speaker 3: Ever.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: I think from now on you need to give your advice and also tell them how to say it.
Speaker 2: She wasn't even impressed when he's a treehouse. It's so maybe it wasn't as hot as he thought.
Speaker 3: Well, he just doesn't have your sex appeal. You just use sultry every day. That's what jose and I talk about. It's oozing again.
Speaker 2: It's hard to be me. Just this curse that I've been dealt in life.
Speaker 6: She's always wearing a silk robe.
Speaker 2: Smoking a pie.
Speaker 4: Careful, you're turning everybody off.
Speaker 2: Why do I have an ask?
Speaker 4: On? Bottom line? It worked whether or not it was sexy.
Speaker 3: It got the job done, and our podcast is working too, So go find it, like comments.
Speaker 4: Subscribe it gets hot.
Speaker 3: Soon, and submit yourself to us. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.