Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Anthony Dorset, Demntree More and newly Scrugs.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 4: Day after we are here to talk about it breaking down on the Players Lounge. The Cowboys go to Philadelphia and lose twenty twenty the Super Bowl. Chance find a way to get it done. We were breaking it down. This is the Player's Lounge, brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. We've got Anthony Dorset. He We've got Bury Church, I am Dewy Scrugs door set and Church both played in the National Football League. Pittsburg House, Yes, yes, yes, yes, got Pittsburgh and House. You've got Pittsburgh guys here. So I was all wrong. I thought the Cowby was gonna get blowed out. Did not happen. Did not happen. And here they are with an opportunity for three minutes to go to go down the football field and win the game.
Speaker 3: So I'm getting initial.
Speaker 4: Thoughts from you guys as the Cowboys. I will say I want to hear your opinion. I want to taint it all so Church you start. Look, we have initial opinion on this this team.
Speaker 5: I feel like they played well in all three phases when you talk about offense, defense, and of course special teams. I mean, we got that weapon in Aubury. He's gonna you know, make field goals from everywhere. But they gave themselves opportunities to win this game. You know, they did what they had to do to get a chance to win. And it came back to you know, years past with this team where you see it it's always just one or two plays here and there, whether it's a penalty that might stall a drive out, a drop pass, or a dreaded fumble in the red zone. These are three plays that that really hurt this team overall because they played, in my opinion, a heck of a game against.
Speaker 3: A loaded team. A loaded team. Would you talk about Philadelphia?
Speaker 5: Now they were missing you know, Carter, the big boy up front, but and he is a difference maker. But to me, I was pleasantly surprised at how good the offensive line played. I mean, if you would have told me, you know, before the game, what was your one to ten you know, fear ranking out have been at an eight or nine when it comes to are these guys going to be prepared to play? Because the only solidified guy on there was Tyler Smith, the guard.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, that's the only got that solidify. But those guys played as a unit.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 3: I was surprised of what guiding out there did.
Speaker 5: Y'all see the clip and when God came through with the left hook, I said, that's what you want to see out of your old lineman.
Speaker 3: You want to see feistiness, you want to see nastiness.
Speaker 5: There were some times where Dak had to, you know, run around for a little bit, but for the most part, man they gave the man time and they gave their running backs lanes to do a little bit of damage.
Speaker 3: I liked what I.
Speaker 5: Saw from the committee. I liked Williams back there. He ran behind his pads, he was, you know, carrying a load out. There's going to be their shortyardists back He getting the ball in the end zone two touchdowns. Miles Sanders did this thing a little bit, even though he had a constantly fun but overall offensively, I was pleasantly surprised. Defensively, the interior Kenny Clark, big time, big time player.
Speaker 3: Man. That dude was stuffing up the holes.
Speaker 5: And that's a guy in that backfield with Barkley, who's the best in the National Football League as well with their offensive line, and the Cowboys I think did a great job of bottling him up. I think he had sixty yards. Overall, you had the owner out there saying they're not going to run the football. Flues had to go out there and stop the run. So I was pleasantly surprised by the Dallas Cowboys front seven, the edges.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I know it was only one game, but they look a little light out there for me. They look a little light out there for me. But overall, I was pleasantly surprised by the performance out there. I know there's no moral victories, but I like how they performed out there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, definitely, I'm right on board with you.
Speaker 7: I was definitely surprised at how close the score was and how well they were playing in the beginning of the game. They jumped out there and they came out, you know what I mean. And Dak was on his stuff yesterday. He was, I mean, he looked good. And even the passes that say got deflected, like the one that he was try and throw to the tight end in the end zone and hit the guy in the back of it. I mean, his placement on these what he was doing yesterday, he was on point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: And you know, like just like you said, the running game was it was surprising for me. What I saw was I saw Shoddy being and doing the Cowboys being and doing what they said they.
Speaker 6: Were going to do. He did, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: They came out offensive line, They played well, and I watched, you know, like I watched a little bit before I came in here just to see, you know, what was going on and just to make sure that like I had a good memory of everything to happen.
Speaker 6: And that left side they was moving some bodies.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, they were moving some bodies around, you know, and you know, like like you know.
Speaker 6: CD came out there, he did this thing. He had a big game.
Speaker 7: Unfortunately, like at those crucial times, you know what I mean, at those crucial times, we had those mistakes or those drops like you mentioned and everything else like that the phonebar in the red zone. But just this simple fact, like you said, against a loaded team like that, being as vanilla as we saw them be in the preseason after they got beat up in joint practices, for them to come out and make that type of statement on offense, okay, that was it was, it was.
Speaker 6: It was big.
Speaker 7: Okay, then going to the defense society ball just like you talked about the Kenny Clark situation, acquisition.
Speaker 6: And a half sack right half.
Speaker 7: So so from from what I saw him do yesterday compared to what I had.
Speaker 6: Been seeing, yeah, night and day, night and day.
Speaker 7: But at the same time, I'm hoping that maybe through that, through that whole process, that that young fella is able to get a good example of what's expected, yes sir, you know what I mean, and and that you know, this would be something that.
Speaker 6: Can light a fire or like help him to go a little bit further to as well secondary everybody.
Speaker 7: For the for the for the most part, they you know, we look, we looked all right, you know, definitely we didn't.
Speaker 6: It wasn't a lot of pressure, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: He had time back there, yeah, and he did.
Speaker 7: And so like throughout that process, they definitely did what they were supposed to do.
Speaker 6: I think it was like what.
Speaker 7: Maybe one pass over thirty yards or something, that one explosive to dots, and I think it was yeah, you.
Speaker 6: Know what I mean.
Speaker 7: So that being said, and just like you mentioned, like for the most part the rush from the outside, you saw, you saw a flash here, flash there, maybe you know, but it was nothing consistent enough to say, you know, like they taking the place here. Yeah that you ain't see that, you know what I mean. And and and I know that you know, like going into a game, you know, if you got that that that that that that high that that big joker, as he likes to say, you know what I mean, which would have been Levin chasing that boy down, creating different situations for everybody else.
Speaker 6: It might have been a totally different thing.
Speaker 7: But like they they played well last night, and I was pleasantly surprised.
Speaker 6: Pleasantly surprised.
Speaker 5: I'm comfortable with the fact saying that, man, if this team, if this team had eleven, I know it's in the past, but if he ain't had eleven, that that that game's wrapped.
Speaker 3: That game's rapped. No, no, so here, that game's wrapped up. Man, he was back there dancing.
Speaker 4: I was I was in the locker room and saying William, somebody brought up you know, Mike. At the end, it was actually Chris. Chris, Chris Hanks over to town at Channel four.
Speaker 3: He's like, I don't want to talk about him anymore. He's gone. We're here the guys, I'm worried about me.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's so so when you talk about hey, man, the edges weren't good. So if you had any, but then you wouldn't have had Kenny Clark. So then they busted you right up the middle. So it's the gift of the curse. You know that that That's what it is. If anything, just my opinion, just talking and listening to guys, it's like, okay, guess what man, you saying what? I want to contract you as a rockup man. I want to make money. I want to start to make my name in this league. So it's like, dude, you know, he's gone. We gotta go. It's on you. You're here, say all we got is all we need. Let's go do this. Well, they had opportunities and this is what and this is where for me, my problem of covering this team is in the determined boxing closed the show too many times. The Dallas cowboys cannot close the show. The ball was three minutes to go.
Speaker 3: It's on you.
Speaker 4: Dak Prescott, who catches all kind of hades and heat from people, is sitting here doing his job.
Speaker 3: And the wide.
Speaker 4: Receiver who held out wanted his money, wanted his contract. He kept going to you and you kept letting him down. Ceedee Lamb is here at the Star right now working on it. You're catching some judge and she that's all cool and finding dandy. But on national TV when you had to have it, you didn't bring it in the locker room. I praised Ceedee Lamb for standing up there and owning it. But guys, you don't get many opportunit unities to go to the bully's house punch.
Speaker 3: Him in the mouth.
Speaker 4: Hang in there. Three minutes to go. You guys are supposed to be the highest paid dudes on the team, and you don't get it done. You don't get it done. How many times that you've been on these teams before? Doors say, I'm sure you've been on the teams too. Were it's that one or two games at the end?
Speaker 3: What you said, man? Were one back then? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Right exactly?
Speaker 3: Remember the made at the end.
Speaker 7: Man's division game, so they count as two anyway.
Speaker 4: You had them where you wanted them right there. It was a tailor two halves for the offensive defense. But at the end of the day, you're right there. That's all you can ask for. You mean, the highest paid dude in the league. Throw it to the highest paid receiver, the second highest paid dude on your.
Speaker 3: Team, and he's out here dropping me. Okay, not one, not you, not three.
Speaker 7: You have four minutes drops in the game talking about hard catches either in the bread batch we're talking about for your base and that right.
Speaker 4: So now you know after the game, I think I was shot to people Champ five because I was straight calling it out. Eighty eight didn't get it done. And I'm sorry, Miles Sanders. That was some booing on that. Okay, you back home. First off, you rip off twenty nine yard lineback.
Speaker 6: And catch you.
Speaker 3: He got walked to. It wasn't like it wasn't like Tripp he got walked.
Speaker 4: Okay, look, you know I ain't running away from nobody, but brother ain't no professional running back. You got walk back in the whole place too. There You you got a dancing talking about yes, right on it. Oh hey, Now, so you know that right there. So you go forty nine yards, got the ball first in ten at.
Speaker 3: The eleven, and you fumbled the football.
Speaker 4: Luckily Dak Prescott was there wearing make the tackle. Wise, that's that's a touchdown. But I'm sorry, I don't give a frogs fat rear in anything else he did in the game. You did that at Jimmy Johnson used to say, it doesn't matter about the place you make, it's the place you don't make.
Speaker 3: It's the mistakes that you make.
Speaker 4: This mistake was critical because end of the day you needed to get three.
Speaker 3: You get three. Now, the three minute.
Speaker 4: Drive is a whole lot different about how you're scheming it, what you're calling, what you're doing. You're not good enough to lose a turnover battle. You're just not on the road. You guys have played on the road.
Speaker 3: You can't do it. That's the home of the world temps. So you had these things going your way.
Speaker 4: This was as winnable as against, I asked Dak Prescott. This asked Sam Williams, like ask George Picklett. Was this winnable? Did you let one get away to Yupney? We let one get away and you can't do that in this league. They're not good enough to let a game get away.
Speaker 6: Now, and this schedule is going to be we know what it is.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I mean potatoes coming soon. Leaks done them, no favors. Leak's done them, no favors. But you had all off season to get ready for this. They were prepared. Dak Prescott said it, Hey, shot, he had us ready to go. He prepared out of us, is what he said. So they did their job. Man, they made the defensive adjustments. I talked to Aaron Cotton White Cotton after the game, d Lion coach, like, yeah, you know, he.
Speaker 3: Said, we're gonna be better. We're gonna be better.
Speaker 4: We'll be ready for this next time. But man, you went there. You didn't close the show. And there's nothing more disappointing than not closing the show. And unfortunately this has become a standard with the Dallas Cowboys the last fifteen some years, where yeah, you got there, you was good, and you erecked the car on turn four before you get to the finish line and you know how you're going home, and then that people because it's oh, well, you know, if we do this, nah, man, I don't want to hear that because I've heard it too much.
Speaker 3: Do it, do not? There is no try.
Speaker 4: There's a reason why the Kansas City Chiefs keep on hoisting super Bowls and going to them. It's the same reason why Belichick teams that kept finding a way to get it down. The Patriots always just found a way, and the Cowboys keep up. Will if we did this them up here and my bad next time I'm gone.
Speaker 6: It feels like that.
Speaker 7: It feels like the worst string of luck, you know what I mean, because like like like we always talk about all these you know, like we die hard fans too, you know, and it's it's always that same thing. You got that in the back of your mind as you're watching it, like okay, all right, let's just.
Speaker 6: You know, you don't even want to say it, like don't mess up.
Speaker 3: Here it goes again. Here, it goes again, and you have to stop.
Speaker 4: But that's one of the things that Jimmy Johnson to preaches guys like, hey, you guys said, no, it's not going to happen. It's not gonna be here. It goes again. And that's what I need to see. I need to see this. If they're going to go and do have the kind of team they think they have. Eighty eight can't do that, Miles Sanders can't do that. You can't You're not good enough. And my gosh, and I'm just saying this man, just because it's just just straight up just trying to tell it like it is. If you're gonna hold out for MONEYO okay, you're gonna tell the man, give me my bag, pay me like I'm the best, Give me mine.
Speaker 3: Showing the return on the destment got real.
Speaker 4: You got to National TV, baby, this is the time to show it on out prime time bow champs, showing me. Hey man, I'm up there with Jefferson, I'm up there with the Adams of the world.
Speaker 3: I'm up there with with Pooka and them who couldn't them?
Speaker 4: You know, this was it and Dak did the right thing. I'm going to you, well, you dropped it. I'm going to you again and let it again.
Speaker 7: I think about some of the guys I played with, like the Tim Brown's, you know, the Jerry Rices, and regardless that they they never saw the payda of these dudes did, but the opportunities that that they got in those situations.
Speaker 6: You didn't have to.
Speaker 7: Like, it wasn't even the second thought, you know what I mean. You like, they came through in the big time and that's why they were considered to be you know, great year in year out, you know, and have these type of careers, you have to prove yourself in every opportunity. When you get these things, you get these chances to do that, you know what I mean? And you know, I mean CD we talked about he's he's improved every year. But uh, you know, like it was, it was definitely, it was definitely detrimental to the team last night. And like you said, when I walked in the door earlier, who was on the drugs machine out here?
Speaker 3: He took accountability? Yeah what you should. Yeah, you're gonna get cookies for that.
Speaker 4: You know, Bill Belichick, Rod's book, you say, you know best the four words you can say is I fat up?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: And he did and he did, and he said, I basically best believe I'll be better the next time.
Speaker 3: Okay. But you're just not you guys know, ain't a lot of these just do it.
Speaker 4: This saying an eighty two game schedule, Man, it's saying one hundred and sixty.
Speaker 3: Two like baseball. Man, it's seventeen.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: I remember John Madden one time and I was talked about Tony Romo's interview. He said, well, you know, John, the knock on Tony Tony is it? He can't win a big game? He says, you know what, new tell me this where the small games at? Okay, every game, everyone, every single one of them is big. And so this was a big game. And Doorset, you called it, this is a division game, and you had an opportunity to go to their house, set the tone and let them know in the whole league, baby, we are here.
Speaker 3: And yes you played them close.
Speaker 4: But man, there's just been too many times where cowboy fans and the cowboy players they get satisfied with these moral victory. You can't do it, man, You're not judged on it. Let's get a first break in here. Uh who was the one player out of this game that you look back? And he say, yeah, mm hmm. He surprised me. And I was satisfied with what I saw. Anthony Door said Barry Church on new Struts And oh, by the way, we'll also talk about Minsie Smith being bitched.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 3: That way on his way out Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 9: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one hundred gambler that's twenty hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 10: Raising Canes presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to order Cane's Chicken fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle cut fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation.
Speaker 3: And Rule thirty one.
Speaker 10: Anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of canes when it comes to winning game day Canes rules. Raising Canes Chicken Fingers Love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys. Jack Black and Right Now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com Slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 8: Crownroyal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eighth. Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal Rig is stopping this NFL season. That's Crownrooyal dot com. Please drink responsively.
Speaker 3: To the players lound, agreeing the.
Speaker 6: Person Cowboy Nation.
Speaker 7: The twenty twenty five Dallas Cowboys schedule is officially here and limited tickets are available. Now get ready to bring the noise and watch your Cowboys live at at and T Stadium when they host NFC rivals Eagles, Giants, and Commanders, plus the Packers, Chiefs, Chargers, Vikings and Cardinals. Visit Dallascowboys dot slash dot com, slash tickets or SeatGeek dot com, the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Anthony Dorset. You in the players linespot to you by Aristocrat Gaming. Game one is to the Eagles. It was twenty four twenty. It was a very good game, despite a sixty five minute weather delay that I endured.
Speaker 3: Manther, I've seen that. Here we go, bro. I'm like, man, did you ever have one of them? Of the weather the lays, I.
Speaker 4: Never ain't got that long in college, but never in the least. I had about a thirty minutes, but never like that.
Speaker 6: Ain't it a mandatory thirty minutes or something like?
Speaker 7: Is there a mandatory amount of time that is started off and then it goes from there?
Speaker 3: I don't know, because this is what I did. I didn't know.
Speaker 4: From the time about three we kept all looking at the weather knowing it was coming.
Speaker 3: Something was coming. It was a matter of when it was going to come.
Speaker 4: So Luckily I got my live shots done, gone off the fiel because I don't want to get my hair wet.
Speaker 3: I got safety.
Speaker 4: And so when it happened, I'm like, oh, that's unfortunate for those people down there. Everybody staying went in there. So I'm like, all right, man, we're all good. I'm like, how am I gonna make this six o'clock flight now? Because we're gonna be here all night long? And sucks, But but I'll say this, it surely helped the defense.
Speaker 3: Defense. It made some adjustments.
Speaker 4: Offense was shut out in the second hand, but that cowboy defense can't came to play.
Speaker 3: So now I saw with you Berry Church, who.
Speaker 4: Is the one player in yesterday's contest for the Cowboys that you looked at and said, Okay, I'm surprised.
Speaker 3: I like what that guy did.
Speaker 4: Hmm.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go back to what we talked about pre pre show, and I kind of mentioned them when I was talking about the breakdown. But Kenny Clark, man, you're talking about a guy who's a professional.
Speaker 4: He was able to come in here with what a week a week's notice, a week's notice, and go out there and perform the way he did.
Speaker 3: Against the Eagles.
Speaker 5: And it's not just a regular offensive line you're talking about here. This is riddled with all pros Hall of Famer Lane Johnson on one side, my lock, I forget this.
Speaker 3: I think that's his names. On the other side.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is a bona fide old line.
Speaker 5: And he was able to go out there and I'm not gonna say he just had his way, but he performed man five tackles half a sack at the detackle position.
Speaker 3: That's outstanding.
Speaker 5: Not only that, we know where the Cowboys got destroyed at last season, and that's right up the Gut's teams were destroying the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Between the tackles, they had their way. They bottled Saquan up to what sixty yards?
Speaker 5: Now, the quarterback ran for a lot, so the numbers are kind of inflated. I think the total was one to fifty eight, but just turning around and handing off the football to sa quantity, they bottled that man up and he had a lot to do with that.
Speaker 4: And not only that, he was able to hold up those guards in those centers.
Speaker 5: And I don't think a lot of people understand or kind of watch this, but last year, those offensive linemen were able to get to the second level like this, which means that those linebackers had to deal with those guys before they got off to make the tackle. When you get guys at that defensive line, especially the defensive tackle position, that can hold those guys up and let your linebackers free flow sideline the sideline, it makes it.
Speaker 3: So much easier.
Speaker 5: And you saw that from the play of these linebackers out there. Pass coverage was a little iffy, but they were coming downhill on the run, and a lot of that had to do with Kenny Clark and his ability to not only make plays for himself.
Speaker 3: But to hold up the line in order for those linebackers to use their speed. And that's all. That's everything iber Flus's defense is about, which.
Speaker 4: Is why I was saying, man talking about Saint, Well, if Michael was here, no, because Kenny Clark wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Be You would have had Mazi in there getting tossed at the club. The club wouldn't happened. Sixty after the first quarter und sixty. So yeah, George, would.
Speaker 7: You the young guard? I don't want to say because we got so many tylers.
Speaker 3: But Tyler book Alabama.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, hey, man, Like, I'm no offensive line guru by any stretch of the imagination, but I do know when I see some good blocks and I see men moving men, all right, and watching that kid and watching.
Speaker 6: That left side, I mean, let's let's let's be real.
Speaker 7: The one of the things everybody was concerned about, even in this room was that offensive line. Like one sack last night something like that they gave up side I think it was.
Speaker 3: I think it was one.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure.
Speaker 7: I didn't see many, but to see to watch that left side of the line and just watch how they were actually holding up, moving bodies around. This boy was like literally sealing off blocks, turning his hips, he was moving men, and like it didn't not look like it was his first game at all. So yeah, yeah, I was. I was thoroughly impressed with that young boy last night. And and and like, just to see how that line played together.
Speaker 3: What is it actually? No size zero?
Speaker 6: Yeah, come on, all right, that's big. That's big.
Speaker 4: I'm going to piggyback off what you said and to me, Now, I didn't get a chance to talk to me, and already did interviews by the time I got in there. Tyler left tackle and I was on him too, like he stepped up. Basically miss Camp. Miss Camp came out there and was bullying. Okay, I mean, if if you get seventeen games, if Tyler Geyton like that, feel real good left side that man, because he came out there and he busted his butt and he played well. He talked about last year not what I wanted, put it on himself.
Speaker 3: And in church, we've talked about this before.
Speaker 4: If guys who can can improve, if looking at me and say I need to be better. He was better than he was last year. This was the best we've seen him play.
Speaker 3: I was impressed.
Speaker 4: You do that again against the Giants. Just keep on doing that right there, this offensive line compuit.
Speaker 3: You must be good at the left tackle spot in the national football team. You have to be.
Speaker 4: And this young man lived up to being a first round pick. And they told us it's gonna take some time, they said it. And look, I've got no issues with with what what I saw from him is that. In fact, I was surprised because I wanted to see when I heard he sorted, okay, what's gonna happen. He acquitted himself and he looked good, and that just really contrasts him as a first round pick versus Misie Smith, who was also a first round pick who was deactivated for the football game. Man, that's some shameful stuff right there. Bro, Come on, come on, what were doing? He talked to all camp about you know, I know I need to better that that thought.
Speaker 3: Bro, They gave you a T shirt. You thought we talked about no short of pass. You never want to be that guy. Were you on the fifty three? But you hanging no pass in there?
Speaker 7: You and you packed that bag so like you know, like so when we like, let's just say it, like you have to pack your equipment bag before you get.
Speaker 6: Ready to go.
Speaker 7: All right, so when you take this trip, naturally you thinking like I'm putting my stuff in here, I'm gonna get to play. So when that player typically a lot of times when that player gets to the locker and sees that that's when he finds out he's inactive. It ain't a lot of conversation, you know. Like so for that, you know, everything I'm sure has been quite humbling around here for him. But I know that like that last night, that humbles you, that humbles your family at home watching the game, that like everybody that got something to do with you.
Speaker 5: Be real when you when it's one thing for the for the coaches to tell you and your teammates, and you just.
Speaker 3: Like, man, I gotta step my stuff up.
Speaker 5: But what's really embarrassing is when you get pointed out on national television like you got one of the main brought the the main broadcast, Chris Collins, the only television. Your family members are hearing this, pep, your peeps from college or hearing this. You You can't just tell them like, oh, no, you know I was injured or you know, hey, you know it's a rotational thing. Nah, man, everybody heard hey man Chris Connins over. Yeah, this is a closer to getting cut as you can get that.
Speaker 3: That's embarrassing, man, that's.
Speaker 6: Embarrassing the NFL. That wouldn't be a healthy scratch.
Speaker 3: Here's what's worse. They didn't miss it at all, Oh.
Speaker 4: Nada. You had not only was Clark playing, well, you.
Speaker 5: Had Solomon Thomas was out there doing this thing, I mean olsa like it was.
Speaker 3: They was tagging it. Let's do this, let's do this. Man. They ain't missing.
Speaker 4: That's the worst thing that is, we got it done without you. And we're good.
Speaker 3: Were good.
Speaker 4: That's that's that's you ain't lying, that's because you look at it.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: They bottled saquing up.
Speaker 5: And if it wasn't for a little bit of rush lanes here and there and and Hurts being able to escape out the window, they I mean.
Speaker 3: They played well, man, they played well.
Speaker 4: And speaking to people that you know that we were in what I gotta get shoty some flowers or whatever the case. The last okay, okay, last segment shot, last segment shot here. So you guys are former players. When when the guy doesn't dress in his first round pick, what is it? What is it like in the room for him? I mean, what what? What's does he turn it around me?
Speaker 3: What happened? What are next steps? From a smith?
Speaker 5: The only thing he can do, it's just trying to really bust his butt and try to improve dramatically. And I'm talking about like that. There's no there ain't no more second chances, there's no more time.
Speaker 3: To let me develop. I can do this.
Speaker 5: Coach, Just get me in you guys, to go out there and bust you butt, man, because you what he's gonna see is and this is just this is just the locker room.
Speaker 3: This is just how it is. You know, those guys that you know, Hey, what's up. He's going, what's going on today? Man? Was had cats? Is gonna just start? What's good? Bro?
Speaker 4: Like, you're just gonna be telling you it's really what's not?
Speaker 5: The man like, You're gonna start getting less and less in those conversations you go to see all the D line?
Speaker 3: Why is all the D line? You know over there? Conversation? Hold on, look, look what I ain't invite me over there. It's just the how it ghosts.
Speaker 5: It's just how it goes when you're not out there and you're not performing or you know what I mean, you're not out there doing your work and everybody else is. You kind of just kind of fade to the back. So he's gonna have to make a dramatic turn.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And that's why I said, you know, like, I'm hoping that the Kenny Clark acquisition actually helps him. You know, sometimes you need to visual aid and and and the kicking the butt at the same time, you know what I mean. And so hopefully with this, you know, this will light something under him. He can see We're like, Okay, I gotta come to the party, you know, because if I don't, I'm out the door. And and and it is just that clear at this point in time.
Speaker 4: So when you start to look at the defensive tackles that they had in the game, it was obviously also DIGGI Zoo and Kenny Clark they started, and then your backups at defensive tackle Solomon Thomas.
Speaker 3: And then he had j toylea rookie in there, you know, rookie.
Speaker 4: He had passed thirdday third day rookie. That's where they decided, this is what we will do at the d tackle spot. And knew you you were, you were.
Speaker 5: In camp and you've been around him a little bit. Can you do you get the you get to measure that he's the type of guy that's like, man, you this is my motivation.
Speaker 3: I gotta get it?
Speaker 5: Or is he because to me, honestly, just you know, being around him a little bit, I've been around he just seems like a guy.
Speaker 3: Is happy to be in the building.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: That's the.
Speaker 4: When you and he doesn't talk much, he doesn't talk much, but a little time around him, you say to yourself, how much do you care?
Speaker 8: Ye?
Speaker 4: And that's what I get from it. How much how much do you really do you really care? Are you just a big dude who's who's able to play? Or do you do you not care? I'm used to cover the Lakers man Eldon Campbell. It's seven foot dudes like, man, this dude don't really love he don't really love this man. He's he's tall. So you're gonna play basketball? You know what I do?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 3: And it's like you remind to be a mind.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 3: You're a big dude, You're strong. We're gonna put you out here.
Speaker 4: You're taking up some spaces and you know your your athleticism got you a long way. And you know obviously you've had this talent, your first round pick, But.
Speaker 3: Do you love this? I want to get better?
Speaker 4: Do you love it? Is it your life's work? And you guys know better than that because you've played in this league. You've seen some dudes like that or your talented type of guys.
Speaker 3: Your talent got.
Speaker 6: To get checked.
Speaker 3: But that's it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, have you the check was practice of Hey where we at? Man, I gotta get some treatment. I got I got, we got a game on.
Speaker 7: So what you mean and you know, like I know, okay, we didn't have the luxury of.
Speaker 6: Being first round.
Speaker 7: You don't like that, you know, sixth round, right, So so our whole mindset is like, how do I get from here to there? How do I act back here to starting? Like that's that's that's the whole thing right now, you know. And so to see, like you asked, I've never seen the first rounder be a healthy scratch, not of any part of any team that I've ever been a part of.
Speaker 6: I've never seen it.
Speaker 3: That's facts. I've never seen it as well, a.
Speaker 5: Scratch, no pads, no, not even in lingering injury.
Speaker 3: Nothing.
Speaker 4: And they spent the whole off season not trying to improve the position because it was hoping you.
Speaker 3: They are begging you to take it.
Speaker 4: If he those opportunities, man, that's wild. All right, final segment coming up here, hankle. I want to save this head coach Brian Schottenheimer. Let's dive into his debut, what you liked and maybe what needs to improve for them so as he tries to get his first win the National Football League.
Speaker 3: Anthony dor set He's Bury Church. I knew he scruggs.
Speaker 4: This is player's note brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 2: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 3: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 2: Overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to.
Speaker 3: Carry them over that scary bridge.
Speaker 2: Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle, and boost your recovery. With forty five grams of protein zero grams, have added sugar and delicious, customizable and greedy.
Speaker 3: It's the Gladiator smoothe.
Speaker 2: Available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kit.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lifball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 6: Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 9: That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 3: Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 10: Raising Caines presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to order Cane's chicken fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle cutfries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Canes when it comes to winning Game Day can rules raising Canes chicken fingers.
Speaker 3: One love go.
Speaker 9: Cowboys, Hey their Cowboys Nation. Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and.
Speaker 3: Off the reels.
Speaker 9: Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, A Brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one Over.
Speaker 3: To the Players Loud.
Speaker 7: The countdown to Game Day Stars with Riley Days presented by seat Geek get a behind the scene.
Speaker 6: Look at at and T Stadium.
Speaker 7: Meet the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders and alumni, play games, win prizes and more. Get your tickets at at and T stadium dot com, Slash Rally Days, Rally Days back.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, I set you're in the players not brought to you by Aristocrat game.
Speaker 3: We've got Barry Church. I'm going to distrussed.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys go to Philadelphia and they come up short twenty four to twenty. No points scored in the second half of the Cowboy offense, with the first half they scored twenty. This game was wild because there were seven possessions in the first half of both teams and seven scores.
Speaker 3: Man switch, no punch the first half. They were getting after it.
Speaker 4: So Brian Schottenheimer had said, Hey, man, I'm going Vanilla. Hey, I'm just playing with my seven eye and I'm like, okay, okay, all right.
Speaker 3: Lit'sten.
Speaker 4: Boy went in there, came out with thirty one flavors. He did Shody was very good. He said they wanted to run the football, not to dump on Mike McCarthy. But boy, I never saw Mike trying to do it like this. You don't want Dak Prescott throwing fifty passes. You just don't this. This was the type of run past balance that I think is what the Cowboys need to be.
Speaker 3: That's just my opinion.
Speaker 4: So, uh, I give Shoddy as a head coach AAA and what he did one of the things, and I don't know how you guys felt about this, but one of the things I looked at and I was pleasantly surprised, especially as I watched philid the penalty Cowboy four penalties forty two yard Philly nine one ten.
Speaker 3: Dude kicked out the game.
Speaker 4: I mean the personal fat mean, they they were just playing some I don't know what Philly was on, but guys, what are you doing? I mean, world champs playing like this? So I did think that that Shoddy had the guys playing smart football. The penalties that had did hurt, But it's gonna happen in Nashville. It's gonna happen in eleven, yeah and sixty, right, what we said McCarthy.
Speaker 7: So it was like one thing I liked about Shoddy and what I what I what I see when I when I'm around him, when I talk to him, there's a confidence that exudes him and it ain't It ain't fabricated, it ain't made up, you know what I mean? Like you genuinely feels like he he believes in what he's saying, He believes in in his strategy, he believes in the direction the team is going in, and his whole demeanor on the sideline was just it was something.
Speaker 6: And you know, Mike.
Speaker 7: Pittsburgh, dude, you know, we know where you're from, you know, but it was just something that was coming from Shoddy last night that gave me a little bit more confidence. Even as I was watching the game and just just like okay, like I see what's wid. They're close and and and I and I can see that the guys are buying into that too. You can see that already, you know what I mean. That's important for this culture, big time.
Speaker 4: And the staff that offensive Lind coach, good play, defensive, Milnd coach. They they had a good plan and this in the second that made the adjustments and you guys know that's what a lot of these games want.
Speaker 3: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: Okay, what you going to do to take something away that you were seeing here? How did it? DB's I thought it was gonna be bombs of a back game here. They played well, they played well, digs played well, they figured out what they needed to do.
Speaker 7: So was that was that them playing well or was that like once again, Jalen Hurts has had what four different offensive coordinators since he's been in NFL for six years? Five six years now, I mean, they really didn't go to they didn't go outside very often.
Speaker 3: Yeah, time to do it. He just those guys.
Speaker 4: He was able to use his legs because you know, in coverage, Okay, fine, you're covering them all, let.
Speaker 3: Me go ahead.
Speaker 4: Maybe, I mean I thought Jalen Hurts played a smart football game, played smart football game. But you know, in the second half they made things tough all of a sudden. You know, they were forcing some punts punts. But I just thought overall, because when you were calling the plays like Shotenheimers, you're gonna have to trust Matt Eberflush. You basically got to let him go ahead and be the head coach and dude, go do this thing, and and and and because you're worried about what you do over here. So I just overall the operation, you know, and you talked about Bill Callahan as a head coach the operation can get away from a coach ahead coach if it's not tight.
Speaker 5: When I when I looked at this from Exus and old standpoint, you know, I thought he was outstanding because it wasn't anything too flashy in the run game. It was the fact that he just kept chopping wood like you know, you know, it's two.
Speaker 3: Three yards in a cloud of dust.
Speaker 5: He had the one big run from Sanders, but the majority of the time it was just you know, three four yards here, keeping the defense honest. And what we all talk about during the offseason is Dak Prescott is at his best when they have that balance approach and he he I mean, he put it to He put balance basically right where it needs to be because then Dak was able to use that play action. He was able to you know, run around, escape the pocket by time for his receivers out there.
Speaker 3: And you love that.
Speaker 5: From an offensive standpoint, and you talked about a newie, the penalties were way down, and that's just to me, the players having a belief in what their head coach is saying out there, like, hey.
Speaker 3: Man, these guys are going to try to get you off your game.
Speaker 5: They're going to try to get you to bait you into things, and those guys were cool, calm and collected, didn't do too much. The penalties they did have were in between the whistles, so it wasn't any you know, after the whistle type of deals. But to me overall, what also impressed me the most about Shoty was this is the first time in a long time where I've seen, even when I was here, that this Cowboys team started fast. I mean, you know, straight from kickoff number one, we're gonna go down the field to score. Well, we get the ball again, we're gonna go down the score too. And you've seen it time and time out, whether it's the first game with a playoff game, these guys start out slow. They ah, man, ain't know. They're not ready to play, they're not amped up to play. And that just shows me that this guy is a motivator of men.
Speaker 3: He's getting them.
Speaker 5: Ready to go out on the football field, and he's getting the best out of his players out there.
Speaker 3: That's all you can ask for from a head coach.
Speaker 4: So you look at the numbers in the first half, the Cowboys had thirteen rushing attempts to doack, seventeen passing attempts right there, that that is gonna work every all day long. And then when you go ahead and you look at the game, twenty two rushing attempts, thirty four passing attempts, and we know those last two drives they were just because of what was going on in the game.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to move the ball down the field. For the ball.
Speaker 4: But if Dak Prescott made if he's throwing the ball thirty thirty less than thirty five.
Speaker 3: Times a football game, it's on point. I'll take that.
Speaker 4: In twenty two rushes one hundred and nineteen yards five point four yards to carry here, two rushing touchdowns.
Speaker 3: This is a formula that can work.
Speaker 4: And as they get better and they all have better understanding of each other, yes, this can work. One thing I would like to see a little bit more of is George Pickens four targets, caught three of them here. You want to get those numbers up for pickings, especially when you look at see Ferguson had six. You got to get that up here. Laying with thirteen targets in the game. But I just say that's that. But also it's the first game, a first game here, and I think Shotty will be able to try and make some make some adjustments from there. But I want to see more of George Pickens because this guy, this guy, just man.
Speaker 7: Was surprised that they didn't take advantage of it. Dory Jackson last year was.
Speaker 4: Terrible boy, and he was awful.
Speaker 7: Like I mean, like he was playing scared last night and it was it was it was so obvious, you know, but and I was just I was just surprised that they just didn't go at him a lot more than if you.
Speaker 4: Where he lined up out of him, Like that's where we're going with it today.
Speaker 3: Where is he at? He looks terrible? I mean, he looked terrible in New York.
Speaker 5: I mean he just your first round drafting, first round of from Tennessee to Tennessee. I don't know what year it was, but it was the first round out of USC and he just looked god awful out there. Like they had to put my shout out to Toledo. They had to put my boy from Toledo on on CD towards the end.
Speaker 4: But man, I'm like that dude was terrible. Man, thatd was terrible. And one thing, you know, I know we're about to end this thing. Man, I'm gonna tell you this, if a man ever spits on you, boy, that is one of the most disrespectful things somebody can do to.
Speaker 3: You because that, I mean you spit on the ground, that that means.
Speaker 4: You have no respect for me at all as a human being, as a man.
Speaker 7: Just but like, it's crazy people be spending on people and the dude be like Quintin, bro, you spin on me.
Speaker 3: I'm grabbing your lists, your face mask like it's up everything.
Speaker 4: I'm just we're just gonna get that penalty right there, and it's gonna be offset penalties or something, and that that means kudos and that cool, calm and collected. But god, ain't no way, man. Look that was a Louis Do.
Speaker 3: You ever seen Jayleen Cardon person.
Speaker 4: It's a big dude. We hit kneecaps, we just kick the old line. I'm turning around to my old line, were about to do this.
Speaker 3: Ain't no way.
Speaker 6: That was something else too.
Speaker 7: I'm glad you brought that up because as that whole thing was going on, I didn't feel like them boys was like really coming around that the way, yeah, because that stepped through.
Speaker 6: Them, but they didn't step around that like.
Speaker 3: I was like, hold on.
Speaker 4: So that Dak talked about it how Carter was trying to get he was trying to mess with the rookie, and so he stepped in here like you know, and plus you know they're in they're huddled up and he's here's Carter over like he Dennis Rodman and the bad boys.
Speaker 3: You're trying to end of the what are we doing here? Run our test type stuff? This is ballance in the balace? What do we go do it? What do we do it?
Speaker 4: That was a bush league stuff and and ultimately Carter trying to play he just played himself. Yeah he did because that checked that hurt him, that hurt them did it was ridiculous and they talked about it. Changed the game play we run, they run it so foolishin is on his part. But but but you know what that that thing was played perfectly back he blamed everything that happened, and but yeah, dumb on his part, but that's so stupid. Yes, yes, on national play what you play. Then he had to stick around the whole game because we were gonna talk to you like you can go home.
Speaker 3: Going out front. Brother, you got this.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: You first up giving you your verse until all right, guys, one game down up next to New York Football Giants at Chicago, and then in the month by.
Speaker 3: Hosting Michael Parsons and the Green Bay Packers. That one left we go.
Speaker 4: Here said well done, Barry church Well. The producer Chris Beam, who was there at the game last night, got back. Yet both four and the Morning Boy had no sleep, did that one? Coffee man, Beamer Man, I was there with you, and then it was it was rough, you know, getting it done. That's what we do because it's that time, and that's a man. Sleep well tonight, Beamer. All right, maybe that's the players talk to you next week.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.